Speaker 1: You are.
Speaker 2: What I call hey, what's up? Its way up at Angela? Yeah, I'm here. Okay, my god, did you miss me? Yes?
Speaker 3: Where have you been?
Speaker 2: This is not a necklace. This is part of my sweater.
Speaker 3: Understand but it's like blinky.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: It is shiny.
Speaker 2: You here. I love when we have sweaters. It look like you have a necklace on. Do you ever use jewelry cleaner and it's stained your shirt? You know, like when you clean your the razzle, dazzle or whatever it all? Okay? Is that what?
Speaker 4: You can't put it on wet because it's still dirt coming out.
Speaker 3: You got a like put on towels.
Speaker 2: Do people have to clean jewelry? That's not real?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just wandering, you know. I was saying the other day when I was doing that panel for the Hip Hop Jewelry, women have it a lot easier because we can wear costume jewelry. It's no big deal. Like we could wear stuff that's very clearly faked.
Speaker 4: If you if you clean the fake jewelry, it might turn it right, it might go off I think the wrong color.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, listen, let's get the show started with some love and with some positivity eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. Call us up and let us know who you want to shine a light. Maybe it's somebody's birthday and you want to shine a light on them, or maybe you want to do what Jeremiah wants to do. Here's birthday sex as well.
Speaker 3: Get into that.
Speaker 5: Turn your lights on, y'all spreading love to those who are doing greatness.
Speaker 3: Light, shine a light on.
Speaker 5: It's time to shine a light on them, all right, this way up?
Speaker 2: Put the angela yee, come here, my guy Mana is here, and don't forget. We are exactly one week away from the deadline for elections. So you can vote early.
Speaker 4: You can vote, and if you off parole, you can vote. A lot of people don't know if you did your big came home. You know you did your time you off parole, you can vote, and a lot of states you can vote on that day.
Speaker 3: You can register and vote the same day.
Speaker 2: And you can also go online and look up what you're voting for who's running for office. So I like to do that ahead of time to make sure I know what's on the ballot. So when I go there, I'm just zoos zoos, I know who I'm voting for, go right through it, so I'm not guessing. And we also want to talk about prop six and that would compel state prisons to prioritize rehab programming rather than busy work that does not necessarily help somebody, basically in voluntary services, right.
Speaker 4: But giving them something that they could actually use when they get out, right you bilitative things, schooling or part time jobs, learning the trade, all of those things. They got that in New York State. But I think this is in California, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in California, it's on the ballot to ban force labor in prisons, So people need to know that it's on there. Nobody's actually opposing it, but I feel like it's not getting the attention that people need, and they're saying it could fail on the ballot if people don't go ahead, and that is there, and to make sure they go in the support of Proposition six. Yeah, all right, So we want to make sure you guys know about it, banning forced labor and prisons. All right, Now, who do you guys want to spread some love and positivity to and shine a light on eight hundred ninety two fifty one fifty melo, what's good?
Speaker 3: V Lord sundo fee? Are you busy?
Speaker 2: I know you got new music. Now you want to call us?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: But okay, okay, we'll get to that in a second. Who do you want to shine a light on?
Speaker 6: I got a shot a light on my bro. You go by the name Lewis, his birthday, his big Mamba year, twenty fourth. You know, if you want to show some what use and you know I'm going to stand a light on this song too, because it's a love storm and I'm showing.
Speaker 3: Love is everybody.
Speaker 2: What's the name of the song?
Speaker 6: It's called don't call this love.
Speaker 3: I'm not going lie this one. It makes you feel warm. I'm not perfect for the weather right now.
Speaker 7: Y'all need a world warm.
Speaker 3: From y'all life.
Speaker 2: All right? Where can people find it?
Speaker 6: It's not coming out on Friday.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be on all streaming platform all right.
Speaker 2: I'll make sure we feature you on Friday. Okay, music, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: I sent you the unreleased so check it out.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean? You can have it.
Speaker 3: But everybody else got a wave?
Speaker 2: All right? Thank you?
Speaker 6: Mellow any times, thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that was Shina Light eight hundred two nine fifty in case you couldn't get through. And now we're gonna have to switch gears and talk about Diddy and more news about him. We'll talk about the allegations that he has records of everything that happened at his parties, including the celebrities, but we'll also talk about this ten year old. All right, it's way up, this says in the rooms.
Speaker 5: From industry shade to all of gossip out. Angela's speeling that eat.
Speaker 2: It's way up with Angela. Yee, I'm here, Maino's here. Oh good, and let's get into some yet now. According to reports, Ditty has had zero support. We can see from a lot of people in the music industry, people who even used to date him, like j Lo, Cameron Diaz. But they're saying that these people are not necessarily trashing him because people are nervous that they could be involved in some of this too. According to reports, he kept meticulous records of what went down at his parties and that he has enough dirt to hang half of Hollywood. Really, yeah, so you can imagine. Yeah, that's what a source is saying they're also talking about the list of alleged requirements for the women who attended his freak offs. Now they all One party planner said that she kept a scale in her car so that no woman could weigh more than one hundred and forty pounds. That's according to a party planner. That's what she told the post. She said we would do a weigh in if necessary. She said the girls had to be young and hot, so I always had a scale nearby in case I needed to make sure.
Speaker 3: The number of one.
Speaker 2: Hundred and forty pounds. But if a girl was really tall, there was a little bit of discretion involved.
Speaker 3: What if she was one forty one and she was tall.
Speaker 2: Then I guess it's okay. She also said there was no flab, no cellulight, not overly pierced or tattooed, no short hair, and the girls had to be young and hot. Even the dress code was strict. No pants, no jeans, no flat shoes. Every girl had to wear a party dress, preferably very short, just enough to cover her butt cheeks but no longer than middye cleavage showing, and every single one of them had to be wearing stilettos.
Speaker 3: Who said this.
Speaker 2: This is according to an organizer or a party planner that worked with Ditty in two thousand and four.
Speaker 3: This is not for a party, This is for freak off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these were for the She said she never stayed around for the freak offs, and she said, I had no idea that these girls were expected to have sex with people. Now, the Post says they viewed more than two a dozen videos of raucous sex parties which appeared to be footage of Ditty's freak COFs that were tied to some of these mainstream events, so it would be like the main party and then afterward certain people would be invited to stay for the free cough. Now, other allegations are now surfacing. So he's being accused of sexually assaulting making the band seventeen year old contestant and also a ten year old boy. There's new lawsuits that have surfaced occurred in Touch weekly.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: According to these reports, one ten year old said that he auditioned for Ditty at a hotel in New York City. He was only ten years old, like I said in two thousand and five, and according to reports, he was given a soda by Ditty that he alleges was laced with drugs and then forced to perform oral sex after he resisted. They said he lost consciousness later woke up in tears, with his pants undone and pain in his anus and buttocks, according to this lawsuit. Then there's also a seventeen year old who said he was auditioning for making the band and on the second day of auditions was told that he needed to undress to demonstrate the ability to embody a sex idle persona, and then that escalated into Didty forcing him to perform oral sex and sodomizing him. And then he says the following day, Diddy and his bodyguard sexually assaulted him, and he was then eliminated from the competition because he was untrustworthy due to his reservations about performing oral sex on his bodyguard. So these are new allegations. Yes, it's a lot, guys, every.
Speaker 3: Day it's a lot ridiculous story.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that is your yet, And when we come back, we have about last night where we discussed what we did last night. I know we all did legal things. I did it last night, Yes, all right, I was actually filming lip service. But we'll talk about that it's way up right, now, let's get into wild thoughts. That's alway should be having wild thoughts only all right, it's way up.
Speaker 5: So about last night, he went down.
Speaker 2: It's the way I put angela. Ye, I'm here, Mayno's here. So yeah, So anyway about last night? What did you do last night?
Speaker 3: I was stuck home getting some wappaper done. That's good.
Speaker 2: Oh you got wallpaper? Did you get it done on task Rabbit or did you no?
Speaker 4: Shout out them on God Chad? You know on paper Boy Chad. He's probably the best in the game, not even probably, you know. I didn't know it was such an art.
Speaker 2: Though, Oh my gosh, it is. I had to get wallpaper done in my bathroom, and so previously I've had wallpaper, and if somebody doesn't do it right, match it up properly, it looks a mess.
Speaker 3: Like it's meticulous.
Speaker 2: So nice, I might want to do some more wallpaper. Wallpaper does definitely change like a whole look of a space.
Speaker 3: Mm but it's a vived I like it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, last night I was filming lip Service. We had two episodes. Shout out to Elaine, whose episode will be out today. She's an artist from Johannes Well, she's from South Africa and definitely amazing. She's an R and B artist, but she also does a my piano you know that's South African uh type of style of music. And she was talking about growing up there and then moving to California during the pandemic. It was a difficult time, but falling out with friends that she had since she was young. And there's people that she literally like grew up with and all of a sudden they don't talk anymore. And I was thinking about it, and I was like, we all have those friendships that somehow like things went left and you're no longer friends somebody that maybe you even were with all the time, had all experiences with, talked to every single day, and now what happened.
Speaker 4: I put up a post the other day and it said, one day you realize that everybody can't go And that's a testament to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just what it is.
Speaker 2: And even got everybody goes through everybody at a certain point. It's nice if it's not beef. But sometimes because she says she doesn't she doesn't even know why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's a lot of times it's communication especially when you when you start to do things. And I've seen jay Z say like, I didn't change, you change because you look at me.
Speaker 2: Different, right, And that's what she was saying too. She was saying she felt like once she got like quote unquote famous or people looked at her, then all of a sudden, her friends, she said, they didn't even hit her, like on her birthday the post, but not but won't call you or send you a message.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you can handle differently mm hm.
Speaker 2: So I was I was thinking about that, and I want to talk to you guys about your friendship breakups. Sometimes those are harder than romantic relationship breakups. Friendship breakups could be like damn, that person was a thought somebody I was gonna grow old and be the Golden Girls with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and we've had like you have friends that you don't speak.
Speaker 2: I definitely have friends I don't speak to anymore. You know what I had to learn too, because I used to be a very forgiving person, and I had to learn that when it seems like people are when they talk about you behind your back or say things about you, I don't know that I could ever trust you again, because that's always going to come up. And I've like dealt with people where I've confronted them about it and said, look, I know you did X, Y and Z, And then if you continue to do that, I just noticed it. I might give you one chance. And now I don't even know about one chance. No, but if you if you kick them, yeah, and I'm not around as a friend, if I'm not there, you should always be defending me when other people are talking crazy about it. Even if we have issues, we talk about it, but the world doesn't have to know.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Well, eight hundred nine two fifty one fifty, we want to talk to you guys about maybe some painful friendship breakups that you've had. What happened that you don't talk to somebody that was your ride or die? All right? Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty call us up, Faben, way up with Angela Yee right there more now it's way up at Angela yee. I'm here, Mano's here, No, Mana. And I think sometimes even worse than a romantic relationship is a friendship breakup. And we're talking about a lift service episode we recorded yesterday with Elaine. She's an artist from South Africa and she was discussing her friendship breakups, and then it got me to thinking about people that I used to be friends with who I'm no longer friends with now. I will say people who I grew up with. There's people who I'm friends with that I've known since I was in like kindergartensolutely who I'm still friends with today. And that doesn't mean we got to talk all the time. We never had a breakup. It's just that sometimes people go about their lives, they do things, and when we reconnect it's amazing, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean some some things are different, like some people.
Speaker 2: You fall out with, But then there's the people you fall out with period and you're like, I'd rather just not have that.
Speaker 3: You did a lot what I do. You had me viral for a couple of things.
Speaker 2: Well it was things that you actually said.
Speaker 3: It's not even bring them up.
Speaker 2: So you want to go viral again and talk about No, Well, we want to ask you guys, have you ever had to break up with her friend Lisa? What's your story?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 8: Me and this young lady was friends for years and I always helped out because I was financially.
Speaker 3: Able to you know, you know I was a fund.
Speaker 9: If I got it, we got it.
Speaker 6: I used to always make sure that her kids were good like mine.
Speaker 8: She had the opportunity to do a slow gesture like I got you one time, and she did it, and I looked at her like it was something that small, But it shows me that you.
Speaker 2: Didn't think about me as I do you.
Speaker 8: And she even denied my kids with it at all at that point too, and I looked like that was just it wasn't. Something they did was to.
Speaker 2: The movie theaters, but you just chose to call me right, They didn't.
Speaker 7: Invite me and my kids.
Speaker 8: You had the opportunity and the financial opportunity to do it.
Speaker 2: And you decline.
Speaker 8: I still turned around and went to the movie theater that day with.
Speaker 2: My kids right and lowing beholds, who do you think I seen there?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: She was there with some other people and kids? Wow?
Speaker 8: You know that room love me because I mean, I don't know by y'all, but I take friendship very much more money that.
Speaker 3: No, she wasn't.
Speaker 8: But it's okay because, like I said, I know that my blessings come from how I am, not for what I do. I'm a good, loving person and I'm always gonna be genuine.
Speaker 2: The friendship. It's gonna save you some money. Well, thank you for calling. I'm glad that at least you found out early enough. Absolutely, thank you so much. I blessed everybody. Have a beautiful day, you too. Hey, Noel, Hey, you want to tell us about a bad friendship breakup you had.
Speaker 9: I had a friend stopped talking to me over the color of a dog.
Speaker 3: What I want to did the same thing? Please? That color?
Speaker 7: Right? Long story short.
Speaker 2: She had a dog.
Speaker 7: I was interested in in the dog for my family.
Speaker 9: I showed her the picture of the dogs and she was like, oh, that looks similar to my dog. I said, well, yeah, you know, this is something that i'm looking at. I'm not getting a particular dog, you know. And she doubled down and was like, oh, well you don't think that dog looks like my dog?
Speaker 10: So what?
Speaker 9: And I'm like, yeah, but I'm not.
Speaker 7: Getting this particular dog. I'm just showing you.
Speaker 2: So she was like, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I just think it would be strange if you even had the same type of dog, even if it was the color. And I said, so what are you I'm trying, like, I'm trying to be like you. And then she hit me with said, oh like that comment was my steel?
Speaker 7: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 7: I didn't think you would.
Speaker 11: Cake it there?
Speaker 2: And I'm just like all the over a dog color. It's so weird the stuff that people really like fall out of here.
Speaker 3: You just didn't want to be your friend, That's all.
Speaker 2: That's what I wonder. What is what her real issue was with you? Because that sounds crazy.
Speaker 12: Prob she probably wants your man. Oh god, that's probably what she wants. It sound like you sound like you're not single.
Speaker 2: Shoot, all right, right, Okay, it's something else is happening here.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see about it again.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Thank you for thank you for calling. You could d M him if you feel like she needs a new friend. Oh god, mana likes dog. You got the same color as him. All right, Well, you guys, you can still call us up if you couldn't get through talking about your friendship breakup stories, and we can play it during Last Word and when we come back, we have your yet and we'll talk about Kanye and his relationship with Adidas and also a lawsuit against him from somebody who used to work at his academy. It's way up.
Speaker 5: Sure, she's about to blow the lead above this pot. Let's get it, Oh angelus feeling that yee te come.
Speaker 2: And get the tea. Hey, get the tes way up with yee I'm in my guy Maino GERMANO. Let's get into this yee te. So Adidas has reached an out of court settlement with ya to and all legal proceedings between them. No money changed hands in that agreement. By the way, they had multiple lawsuits over the past two years. They ended their partnership with Kanye over anti Semitic comments that he made. They said, there's no more open issues, there's no money going either way. There were many tensions on both sides on different issues. But you know, they've managed to resolve whatever and they are not giving further details of what that deal is going to be.
Speaker 3: So was over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they put it. They've put this behind them. In the meantime, Kanye West just bought a new mansion in Beverly Hills. He sold his estate in Malibu. You saw that a state that was like ruined that people were doing for feed of all kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: I thought he was living in Tokyo.
Speaker 2: Well, that don't mean he ain't gonna have a place in Beverly Hills. He does have his kids, you know, in LA. He spent thirty five million dollars in Beverly Park North. A's a gated community and the house is twenty thousand square feet, eleven bedrooms, eighteen bathrooms, seven acres of land.
Speaker 3: Now were talking all right now?
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, another Kanye investment, Donda Academy. It was launched in twenty twenty two, and it was supposed to be a place to provide a space for the leaders, the innovators of Tomorrow. Well, one of the former staff members is suing Kanye West for wrongful termination. Cecilia Haley says she was fired for pushing back against his curriculum. And what was that curriculum that she had an issue with? Well, she told the US son that he allegedly wanted the students to march and take rifle shooting classes.
Speaker 3: Len wrong teaching kids how to shoot?
Speaker 2: She said, I'm thinking that it's not going to happen if I'm here. That's not acceptable, acceptable, it's not necessary, and what does that have to do with education? She also felt like Kanye was delusional and likened his practices to Hitler, who West says, Kanye West has openly, you know, expressed admiration in the past for Hitler. She said, teaching these kids to march, to be honest with you, I kind of got like Hitler vibes around that are real bizarre things. And she also says that Donda Academy teachers were not allowed to step in and prevent bullying and that students regularly got physical and she thought that was a bigger issue given the wide range of ages. You might have a fourth grader hitting a kindergartener or a first grader. And she said, we had kids hiding under the tables because they were afraid, and it was just mayhem according to her allegations.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it was interesting to me that people definitely put their kids in that school that I don't even think it was accredited at the time. All right, Netflix is coming out with the documentary on the Jerry Springer Show.
Speaker 3: Why did you get so when we said that ring is while we where we're at right now.
Speaker 2: It's called Jerry Springer Fights, camera action cut to what we live in right now.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That show, by the way, was on for twenty seven seasons. Rest in Peace to Jerry Springer, a lot of controversial topics. There are a lot of things that they did on that show that you couldn't do now. Remember they'd be like, is that a man or a woman? I was like, that's wild. Yeah, they had and he'd be like, that's a man, that's a man.
Speaker 3: He pushed the limit talk shows to a whole other level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to think, what is that coming out?
Speaker 3: I'm interested in that.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a two part series on Netflix that will be premiering on January seventh.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's like a whole year from now.
Speaker 2: It's not a whole year, it's a couple of months from now. Don't forget. I think this weekend is daylight Savings time as well. All Right, And Tyler the Creator on his new album that came out, you know he is. It's called Chromocopia. It didn't come out on a Friday, which is the usual date for albums, And on the song Hey Jane, he talks about learning that he accidentally got a one and pregnant, where a.
Speaker 1: Kind of trust patiently we got the news and I didn't know what to do. I didn't feel like I was comforting you. It's still a shock. The late response, Is this really true? If it was about to happen to me? I'm lucky, is sho?
Speaker 2: All right? He talks about not can I say pulling pulling out? Yeah, I guess so, as long as you don't say going in, I guess all right. Well, anywady, And he talks about this scare that he had and how reckless he was and being terrified and petrified and not wanting to give his freedom up. All right, Well that is your Yet when we come back, we have under the radar. These are the stories that are not necessarily and the headlines. They are flying under the radar. But you definitely need to know about him anyway, it's way up.
Speaker 5: It's in the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar.
Speaker 2: It's way up. Put Angela, yee, I'm here, Mano's here.
Speaker 3: Stories is flying under the radar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you need to know about it. Yeah, okay, I got it all right.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 2: These ballot drop box fires are under investigation and Oregon and Washington there were hundreds of ballots that were destroyed and federal authorities are investigating these fires at two different ballot boxes. You know, they said, some of the ballots were saved because of the fire suppressant inside the box, But they don't know what the motive behind these acts are. It sounds like a series of three at this point, they said, But we do know that acts like this are targeted and intentional. The FBI is running a separate but parallel investigation, and they're going to have increased security twenty four hour enhand security around ballot drop off locations. Is this wild? And what happens now with those ballots?
Speaker 4: Was looking at this this morning, h right, So now what happens All those votes have gone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said, some of them were damaged, some might be able to be duplicated and then processed, some were severely damaged, some were completely destroyed. So election officials are still counting all the ballots involved in the fire, but they believe that hundreds were destroyed. So I don't know now what type of impact that is going to end up making on the election all right now. According to a study, teens want movies and shows to stay in the friend zone. They went less sex in movies and TV shows. According to the study, they said that young people are tired of seeing the same dated and unrelatable romantic tropes on screen. Teens and young adults want to see stories that more authentically reflect a full spectrum of nuanced relationships. So that's what they're asking for right now. For anybody who's putting out content, All right, what is McDonald's about to do? You know, there was an outbreak of E. Coli that left dozens of people sick. Someone even died from this. But McDonald's is now trying to wim back consumer confidence with five dollar value meals and big Max with chicken is what they're saying is going to help win back their customers. On Wednesday, the day after the E. Cali out break was announced, customer visits to McDonald's dropped six point four percent across the country, twenty four percent in Colorado, where it was most prevalent that outbreak, and so more customers stayed away from McDonald's in the following days, and by Friday, visits decline ten percent around the country and thirty three percent in Colorado. Now, while McDonald's has not commented on some of this data, they did announce that they think the worst is behind it, and their strategies they're going to rely on a five dollar value, mail promotion and food innovation, like the new Chicken Big Mac. Even first of all, did not know there was a Chicken Big Mac.
Speaker 3: Chicken Big Mac.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because I don't need red meat. I haven't had red meat in what thirty one years?
Speaker 3: Well that's chicken, so I could do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it actually does not sound bad. But food safety concerns do impact restaurants for an extended period, so we shall see what happens with that. All right, Well, that is you're under the radar.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: We got the Way up mixed at the top of the hour plus I'm here with my guy Meno all day. It's exactly one week from the deadline for elections, so we're going to make sure that we keep you guys updated on everything that's going on. It's way up, just like the tut like the Angela, she's spilling it all.
Speaker 3: This is yeaty way.
Speaker 2: It's way up with Angela. Ye, I'm here, Mayno's here. No man, we were going down a hip hop memory lane.
Speaker 4: We're talking about Coolgie Rap, who don't get his flowers and his powers credit he deserved.
Speaker 3: Everybody was so influenced. He influenced everybody.
Speaker 2: Man, He's like, we gotta get Coolgie rep here, like.
Speaker 3: Everybody was influenced by Coolgie Rap.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's get into some yeat and we have some breaking news that you're gonna love. It turns out that the Waynes Brothers are reuniting for a new Scary Movie with Merramax and Paramounts. The Scary Movie reboot that was announced that CinemaCon has finally come together, so the franchises architects are reuniting for the first time in eighteen years a new original screenplay, and Merrimax's boss Jonathan Glickman said, we are thrilled to reunite Scary Movie with the Waynes Brothers, the brilliant creators behind the beloved franchise The Timing Is Perfect that was first developed by Marlon Wayne and Sean Waynams and Keenan Ivy. Wayans and Keenan Ivy Walliams wrote and directed the first two and then Marlon and Sean wrote and starred in the first two films. Also by the way So Marlon, Sewn and Keenan Ivory. Wayne said he couldn't be more excited to be a part of the new Scary movie and work with each other again. This is a franchise we created more than twenty years ago. Remember people laughing in the aisles and hope to see that happen again. That's nice. I like scary mom, and now you're gonna love it because they're back. All right. Now, let's talk about this statue of Dwayne Wade. Do you wade an now?
Speaker 3: That looks scary?
Speaker 2: Yes? Dwayne Wade to the Miami Heat. Received backlash after the unveiling of the statue happened Sunday. I saw a lot of people making jokes about this, and here is what Dwayne Wade said when he first saw it.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. I can't believe that. Who is that guy?
Speaker 2: But people took that who was that guy? Differently than he meant.
Speaker 3: I understand how he meant it, though, but yeah, it is who is that? Got to it's both ways.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 2: The sculpture artists Amri am Ronie told people what he also said to WPLG Local ten that he couldn't do better than that. Here's what he said. I couldn't do.
Speaker 13: Better than that.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody else could do better than that. It is what it is, and we would love it forever.
Speaker 2: He also tweeted out that Dwayne loved it too, but you can't tell people online that because it's all negativity. I've talked to plenty of fans here today and they love it. Taking picks time will change opinion.
Speaker 3: We at least he got a big statue they gave.
Speaker 2: I like the mini joh big statue, not the little one. Right, And Dwayne Wade said, the social media world is about opinions. Everyone has an opinion. Use you all opinions. Please talk more about us, talk more about the statue, Come out and see it, take some photos, send some memes. So he's going along with that. Well, another person who talked about it was Shannon Sharp and here's that's what he said.
Speaker 11: Who keep making these statues so that way I can make sure he don't touch gold James, I don't know who the hell Eddie is right there, Oja, That might be g Wade Senior.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you know, I guess what did you think when you saw it?
Speaker 3: I was like a jumped back. I thought it was a horror move. I didn't know what it was all right.
Speaker 2: Now, speaking of which, the Menanda's brothers, the renewed interest in their case. Alent Eric Menendez has reportedly made the former mansion that the family lived in a tourist trap. The Beverly Hills police have been receiving eighteen calls in the last month concerning loud noise and trespassing, and residents around that home told the La Times that their once quiet neighborhood has become a magnet for people who just want to catch a glimpse of the place where they murdered their parents back in nineteen eighty nine. As you can imagine something like that would happen. All right, well that is your Yet when we come back, we have asked yee, eight hundred two fifty one fifty is a number. I'm here with the award winning advice giving winning Mano and any question you have we are here to help you out. Again. That's eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty for ask ye. Now let's hear some Killani is way up.
Speaker 5: Everybody like since with its relationship for career advice angels dropping facts.
Speaker 2: So you should you should know this is ESG. What's up this way? You put angela? Yee, I'm here, my guy Mano is here with me. No that is Mano, but the award winning advice giving winning Mano and today for ask Yee, we have Calvin on the line. What's up, Calvin?
Speaker 7: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 2: Ye, I'm good. How you feeling, I'm.
Speaker 7: All right, I'm all right, all right, Oh it's you?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, what's the question for me? In Mano?
Speaker 7: I have a company and my buddy last year he asked me if he could come work for me because he'd been out of work for a while. I didn't really want to arm in the beginning, but he has been experience in my industry. So I was like, all right, and he was feeling good at first, but he's messing up like for a while now, and so I really got to fire this guy. The problem is he's a loose cannon, like he's he's crazy, and I just I don't know what he's gonna do, right, you know?
Speaker 3: So well, so you so basically you scared of him. Yeah, he's scared.
Speaker 7: I don't want to feel I'm scared of I mean, you know, like I know his family and stuff like.
Speaker 11: But you know, yeah, a little bit I am.
Speaker 7: Kind of scared of him a little bit, you know.
Speaker 2: Business right, No, that's not what he says.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, and he he.
Speaker 7: Kind of flipped out on his rap box too, which is why you got fired from the last job.
Speaker 3: So you think he might flip out on you, like choke you or slap you on top of head, or.
Speaker 7: He has a little bit of a rap sheet.
Speaker 2: So but don't let him come in the office and then fire him by email.
Speaker 7: Right, So how do you how do you think I should go back to this?
Speaker 2: Well, I think first of all, don't fire him like while he's in the office if you're concerned about what his behavior might be, right, because.
Speaker 3: He might toss you around that office a little bit.
Speaker 2: He might destroy your office too. So I think the best way is for you to have a conversation outside of the office with him, because if you don't know what he might do, if you feel like he's a bit of a loose cannon. Also, make sure that this is something that in case of for whatever legal reasons, there's some type of proof of what happens when this goes down, because you also have to protect yourself and your business, right, so just make sure that you have everything documented when you When you do that, and you know it's hard because business can ruin your friendship when you guys decide to do things like that together. So also understand that y'all may not be cool anymore after this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if I'm sorry, Angel, but I'm just saying, if he beats your ass after you fire him, is he really your friend?
Speaker 3: Would your friend really beat your ass? I don't know what this guy.
Speaker 7: I know him a pretty long time. I've seen him beat other people. To have you, it's possible. I was thinking about setting him at text and just kind of explaining everything out in the pack. I know we could cool down before we talk.
Speaker 3: On the weekend. Do it on the weekend though.
Speaker 2: So you don't have to come in Saturday morning and make sure if he has to come get his stuff or whatever, make sure there's security there. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't eve want him to come back.
Speaker 3: In the office. There is a way to hold fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have to let you go, We have to let you off.
Speaker 7: So you think I should do it like in a public place, I.
Speaker 2: Probably would call him all right, thank you, thank you for calling Calvin, and good luck.
Speaker 7: Thanks for sure.
Speaker 2: Maybe take some kickboxing? All right? Well that was ask ye And when we come back We want to hear about your getting fired stories. I feel like most people have been fired from a job before. It may have never had a job.
Speaker 3: Music. Business is a job. I've been dropped off labels.
Speaker 2: That all right, That is like getting fired.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't want to do business. But you know more well, I've.
Speaker 2: Been fired too. We'll talk about it, but we want to hear your stories. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. Call us up and let us know how you got fired, what your reaction was like, whether or not you tossed your boss around the office, what happened? Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. It's way up.
Speaker 5: About to do this one of thems to train this women in radio audio. We're talking about Angela y You're way up with Angela ye.
Speaker 3: Please believe that.
Speaker 2: What's up his way up at Angela Yee. I'm here, my guy Mano is here, right, and we're talking about a gag fired.
Speaker 3: I have two times fired?
Speaker 7: Was it?
Speaker 2: What maybe three? If college counts? When I worked at Macy's, Yeah that counts.
Speaker 3: That's that does count.
Speaker 2: You got five because it was a summer jobs. What did you do well? Actually, they tried to keep me, but I'm going to tell you the story. A lot of people were stealing when we were in college at Macy's.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, see what this is going now.
Speaker 2: I did not get caught stealing, but they.
Speaker 3: That didn't mean that you didn't steal.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't get caught, so didn't happy?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Come on Mayno, okay, he was a gangster. This is just between me and you, okay. So anyway, so after they let the whole entire summer program go, they did ask me to come back right two days later, but by that time I already got another job at Lord and Taylor.
Speaker 3: But they still fire you at first, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then they asked me to come back.
Speaker 3: Right, but they let you go for stealing.
Speaker 2: Yes, I got fired, okay. And then another time I got fired and I had a date waiting for me. And date, yeah, we were about to go out. He came to pick me up from work, and they were, let can we talk to you for a minute while this guy's waiting for me, And the girl was so upset that she had to let me go that she was crying send you off the door the right way, And I was like, man, And then I went out to my date like fired. Yeah, well you got dropped of course, all right, so we're going to talk about it. We want to hear your stories about getting fired. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty call us up.
Speaker 11: You want to know my name?
Speaker 2: Way up with Angelay?
Speaker 3: Turn me on?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: Is way up?
Speaker 2: Fort Angela? Yee, I'm here, my guy manos here. Yeah, so you've were talking about getting fired. I told you some of my story about a date waiting for me and I got fired that day while he was waiting and I had to walk out.
Speaker 3: And be like, I just got fired, And I told you I've been dropped before. I dropped off Universal Motome Universal?
Speaker 2: And what did they like? How did they drop you?
Speaker 3: Did they send? They sent the letter I said.
Speaker 2: Was it certified?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But it was a good thing because I wound up getting paid more than than I got signed for Oh Wow, because I had a something in my clause in my contract it was pay or play, so they didn't put the album out. That means they had to pay me what it was left in my budget. I walked away with more money than I started form.
Speaker 2: But it still sucks when people are like, yeah, you know, may no got dropped.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the way I looked at it like this, it got everything happens for a reason, it's gonna be opportunity. So after I dropped from there is when I went on and got another deal, and then I caught some some situations.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, like I hate and all the other.
Speaker 2: Okay, after that, and then you were like, ha ha exactly, y'all dropped the ball when you dropped the guy. All right, well we want to hear your stories. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty. What's up, Angel? You've been fired?
Speaker 9: You know, we worked together for about four years, you know, hard more money, worked with the dad.
Speaker 13: And you know, when things don't go well and the relationship it was bound to, you know, happened that I wasn't gonna work for that company.
Speaker 2: All right, So when you were in his story it broke up. They let you go.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, keep it in your pain.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Oh you cheated. It's funny now, but oh my god, oh you want to cheat. You don't have a job, all right, figure out how you're gonna pay your rent? All right? Well, thank you for calling Jackie high handling. So you got fired girl? What happened?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 8: I worked at a hotel of the frontcast.
Speaker 6: I'll see on the third shift, fourteen days in a row, no break.
Speaker 2: Wow. So she called me in on my first day off.
Speaker 7: I told her no, said please come in because she didn't know how to work the front up.
Speaker 6: So I got here.
Speaker 8: She got mad because I didn't do the paperwork.
Speaker 10: How you wanted to kill it?
Speaker 8: Just so I ended up pulling the main phone line out of the wall socket.
Speaker 3: What you did the right thing?
Speaker 2: I feel it.
Speaker 3: I did killed that's right.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you gotta sometimes you gotta pop out and show them exactly.
Speaker 7: And all left her there was right, you really.
Speaker 3: Quit, You really terminated you basically, I mean doing that you.
Speaker 2: Knew what was going to happen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well I really didn't care at that point.
Speaker 3: You made the first move. Yeah, you made the right move, though you didn't want to.
Speaker 8: She had that gold mad.
Speaker 3: House, right.
Speaker 2: They donuld love to validate this, okay, all right, Well thank you for calling Jackie. You gonna make you feel right.
Speaker 3: That's right, did the right thing, Khalil.
Speaker 2: All right, so we want to hear your story about getting fired. Me and they don't want to hear about it.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, So, like I said, I was working at it and I'm in the car smoking what going lunch break? My man called me talking about to the office. I get in the office, police in there asking me about guns and bombs that I said I was gonna bring the bombs for the job.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Why would they ask you that out of all the people?
Speaker 14: Honestly because people was in there hating on me like I was focused. I mean, I got a car for forty fives. I mean, females is on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you ain't need that job, that job, you feel me? Everybody, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Wait, but you were smoking weed in the car, and you're right, I don't even't care.
Speaker 14: I'm hit me for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right, I guess they wanted you out of there.
Speaker 3: Got fired for bombs.
Speaker 2: Uh So you didn't have nothing to do with that. Just to be clear, I.
Speaker 14: Ain't have Look, I ain't do it. I wouldn't have called it criminated.
Speaker 3: Myself, that's right.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, thank you? All right, Well, thank you guys for sharing. I know it's painful to get fired, it's painful to get dropped, all right, well again when we come back. As I always tell you, guys, this is your show, and you have the last word when we come back. This way up, take up the phone to get your voice heard. What the word is is the last word? On Way Up with Angela? Ye, what's up? His Way up with angela? Yeah, I'm here at my gun mana This was He's out of here. Happy Tuesday, mayu again. It is one more week until the deadline for voting. Remember you can always vote early, so if you don't have to wait till the last minute, then don't. Just make sure you guys stay involved, pay attention to what's going on, pay attention to real information, not fake information. Do your research, okay, do your googles. We talked about a lot of things today. We talked about getting fired and what that experience was like for you. A lot of y'all called in. We all have horror stories about getting fired, and then you wake up the next day you feel like a burden was lifted off your shoulders.
Speaker 3: Was meant to be? Will be all right?
Speaker 2: Well again, this is your show, so you have the last word.
Speaker 10: This is Keisha from came through New Jersey. I always wanted to tell my story about me getting fired. I actually told the lady beforehand because I've seen her fire people before when they get the work throw. I told her, like, if you ever decide to fire me, please don't let me come in. But this lady lady, So I got to work. They pulled me in the office. Oh look, Keisha, we're gonna have to let you go. I said, didn't I tell y'all to tell me about my home. Don't tell me to come in. I waste the twenty thousand gas. Now where's my gas money? They thought I was joking. I started taking my jacket off. She if I hear your money right here? I said, thank you very well, and I went about my voice.
Speaker 13: I want to shine a light on myself for getting myself out of a slump I was in one year ago, hated my job, hated getting up.
Speaker 8: In the morning.
Speaker 13: The only thing I loved was wine and a blunt. Now today I'm in a way better place, got a successful job, and I just want to shout out to me because without me, me and my daughter, my family, my mom and everybody, we wouldn't actually be able to feel good and live good.
Speaker 5: Right now, going wut with Angela yee