Speaker 1: Call It What It Is with Jessica Capshaw and Camille Luddington, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Well hello, hello, Hello, hello everyone, and welcome to another episode of Call It Short and Sweet.
Speaker 1: Call It Short and Sweet, And this time it's maybe even sweeter. It is a little sweeter, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I was like, gonna add on to it, but I was like the Valentine's Day episode.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's so sweet delicious of Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: Do you I'm surprised because there's something I thought that you were gonna be like maybe a little bit of a me. Yeah, like it's a consumer you know, one of those consumer you know.
Speaker 1: No, I'm into it. I well, okay, hold on, now I'm reflecting.
Speaker 3: I'm not into it for what.
Speaker 1: I imagine it probably was created for on the consumer consumption level, which is, yeah, you're right, I don't. I'm not like, oh, gooey gooey romance love, Valentine's Day is so amazing, and let's get a heart.
Speaker 3: Shaped box of chocolates or red roses. No, you're right, I'm not into it for that.
Speaker 1: I I don't think I ever minded it before.
Speaker 3: Kids.
Speaker 1: I didn't find it particularly romantic, and it was always when it was like a little it's like New Year's where it's like there's pressure to get a table somewhere nice or get something or whatever.
Speaker 3: But then when you.
Speaker 1: Have kids, Yeah, that's when I think it gets sweet.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, I do want to let's talk.
Speaker 2: About like boyfriends back in the day, like high school. I do remember Valentine's Day in high school, and it was like it was a show for sure of if you had a boyfriend at the time, it's when's he going to bring the flowers?
Speaker 3: Whether bigger than Susie's. You know, there was a little bit of that going on, right, There's a little competitiveness when you're like in early dating days. You know it's like.
Speaker 1: Well Bob, oh, God, Bob came over and you know, got me the massage and cookwat there.
Speaker 2: I do think that there's a stage in your life where there is it's more high school, to be honest, but there was like that little competitiveness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, or at least comparison like who else got something? What did they get get? Yeah? Kind of thing.
Speaker 2: But you're right now, it's more I agree, because you know, I don't remember the last time I've made a reservation or anything.
Speaker 1: Seriously, I honestly forget it's even the day. I think I probably was annoying in my earlier life. I think I'm well, actually i'm not. I don't think I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jessica Capshaw, yeah, registry.
Speaker 1: There must have been oh yeah, yeah, I need Yeah, I wanted some jewelry or something like that on February fourteenth.
Speaker 3: I'm sure. I mean, I say no to some jewelry? Why would you say no? That would just be like you don't like yourself. I guess say, yes, you've loved yourself. Don't you love yourself? Don't you love yourself enough to have someone else buy you something for Hollide's Day.
Speaker 2: Jessica did send me, I don't know if you mind me saying this, did send me attacks of a necklace today that looked like the necklace in Titanic.
Speaker 3: I did, and she was like, this looks good.
Speaker 2: And I was like, yeah, that's that's probably in a museum, but sure, I got I.
Speaker 3: Pulled the picture from Instagram. It's a real life.
Speaker 2: Designer Smithsonian necklace that is on is part of your registery list, probably for your next birthday, and that's fine.
Speaker 3: It's only guarded by missionn impossible grade technology. Yeah, for sure, we can get you that. Well, we'll pull the money. It was I was dropping the hint, how much do you love me? Yeah, just you know.
Speaker 2: Diamond nine months in advance, eight months in advance, some months in advance.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 1: No so inh so Okay, So I don't even know where we're going with all this, but I would say that in high school, I probably yeah, I probably liked a little attention, but like I was fine, I wasn't super I wasn't birthday level registery aggressive, and then later on I would have taken some jewelry on that day that's sweet, maybe a couple, you know, dinners out, and then I think I probably got sick of it.
Speaker 2: I agree that it's about kids now, it's also I don't know if you have this. It's also that you got to get it for the classroom. There's the classroom Valentine's Day. It's you've got the kid.
Speaker 3: And you don't have to. But there's like you can't.
Speaker 1: Say, I'm gonna I'm gonna just I'm going to blow in the face of convention here and what you would expect me to say, which is I'm going to say that I'm not bringing Valentine's Day gifts for everyone, and I have.
Speaker 3: I've done it.
Speaker 1: I've filled up tiny little individual cellophane bags.
Speaker 3: With all the cute stuff and blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: And I look back on that former self and that former behavior, and I think, I'm I'm I'm happy to report that it's done.
Speaker 3: You don't feel the way anymore. I'm not a I'm not a I'm not filling up.
Speaker 2: The love hearts in a baggie or anything. I'm just ordering the bulk Amazon. You know, slime, you put it in a bag, you got to pick it out.
Speaker 3: That's it. You're welcome, move along. I'm there.
Speaker 1: That's my version seeing I'm at you get nothing.
Speaker 3: You get a living, you know, I kid because life gets hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no slime for you this year.
Speaker 3: A slime for you, No candy for you, because life's hard. So get used to it. What do you do for your kiddos? One on Valentine's Day?
Speaker 1: Okay, so about three or four years ago, I got a red wig. I know it's kind of crazy, and I have a like a bucket that I put all my Valentine's Day things in it, and I replenish every year. But I get heart shaped paper plates and those like paper straws that have little hearts on them, and then like little bubble wands with little heart shaped bubbles. And I just get a box of heart shaped shit. And then I put on a red wig. And when I wake up the kids in the morning, I've got my red wig because it's Valentine's Day, and I've decorated the kitchen where they sit in eat breakfast with just all sorts of Valentine's Day shit.
Speaker 3: That is so adorable. That is so oot. Oh my god. Okay, well we got a post on Instagram. You in the red wig this year?
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, I've gotten. I'll have I'll have many years past as well.
Speaker 3: I've ever seen a picture of this?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes? Wow? Does she have a name?
Speaker 1: This like lady this Valentine's Day, Lady Valentine's Day Vivian.
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know when we can name her if you want to, we can, I mean just red, maybe it's just red red shows up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's adorable.
Speaker 2: I don't do that, Matt and I just do like we present a little bouquet of flowers to each kid, and then they each get their own little heart. They do get the old fashioned heart chocolate in the box.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and then that's what they get. And then you know, then the slimee comes out and goes to school with them, and that's sad.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The gift that they get is a pair of pajamas that's really cute, like a Valentine's Da themed kind of pair, or just like a cute like a pair of pajamas with or like you know when you're I I found a oh you know those fleece onesies that zip up the front but from the gap, and it was white and it had like little red hearts all of it for Josie. And then I got her monogram.
Speaker 3: Well that's cute. Wow wow, Red goes all out.
Speaker 1: But now the girls, the teenagers now, well the teenager and the almost teenager, they're like and they see it coming from a mile away because it was like three days ago where all of a sudden they get they get real sweet and they sit right next to me.
Speaker 3: And they're like, hey, Mom, can I show you something? And I'm like, yeah, what are you looking at it? What do you want? To look at.
Speaker 1: They're like, can I shee your phone for a second? Surely, what do we see next thing? You know, wham bam, thank you, ma'am. I'm on the skims dot com and I'm looking at hearts hard by the way, Risks gay this year's skims and by the way, they're already all sold out of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, little like brawlts where is the heart cut out in the front. There's a T shirt with a heart cut out in the little shoulder.
Speaker 1: And then oh, this was a big debate between my daughters because one of them was like, ew and the other one was like, I think it's kind of cute. Was underwear where there's a heart shape cut out in the front, you know what.
Speaker 2: And we talked about this, that's what you could bring that into the waxer and you could be like.
Speaker 3: Just it's almost like a stencil. One of them was like, well what if you know? One of them brought up the things that could happen.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I do remember going one Valentine's Day with Matt.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know what, let's do something sexy and we went to Victorious and this so chic. I mean, this is this is a way back a little bit. This is a little while. Okay, now he's lucky if you know, he's not. I'm in a onesie.
Speaker 2: So we went there and I was like, yeah, no, there's no holes in that, just on like the sleeves and the legs, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: There's like no access. So we go into that.
Speaker 2: We go in there and I'm like, oh my god, I'm like trying to be all hot, and I'm like, let's go over here to like the broads where like you know, the nipples just cut out, like I don't even know why, Like it's confusing to me, but I that's what I was hooking up. And this chick comes over to me that works out there at Victoria's Secret. It was so obvious that like what we were in there for, do you know what I mean? Like, I'm not wearing that to drop off like we're supposed it's supposed to be a sexy thing.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 3: And I remember putting on the bra.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say, I remember thinking of the bra and the nipples were like the cutout nipples.
Speaker 3: And just being like this doesn't even look good. Of course it doesn't, like why I don't even know if Matt I thought it was cute. I think he was like, I think.
Speaker 1: That they took a horribly wrong turn when they started cutting things out of our lingerie. I mean, but what I'm trying to say is that I do actually think that lingerie can be very sexy, and I think there's a lot of play that can be involved in different lingerie situations. And I like a little push up, I like a little corset, I like a little.
Speaker 3: That kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Great, But whose idea was it to start cutting hold in it?
Speaker 3: That doesn't I don't know. It's not sexy.
Speaker 1: That's not I mean, obviously it is to somebody, I guess, but I don't get it. I don't want a nipple coming out of the middle of my.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but listen, that's what I bought that day, and that day it was not.
Speaker 3: My favorite day to get recognized from the show. That's all I'm saying. At least she knew you still had it exactly you know what it did got mis Yeah, I was like, this is just a regular day. I don't want No. It was like probably on the fourteenth, like just so tragic. You and I have actually been in the lingerie section together. M we have, We've walked through it. We walked through a beautiful displays. We were in Paris displays of gorgeous you know bra cutouts. They were not the cutout. Do you remember what you said to me?
Speaker 2: Well, we got on the subject of sex, and I said to you, because we're, you know, so close, I said, listen, I've got some moves.
Speaker 3: And that insulting.
Speaker 2: Reaction that you just gave now is exactly what happened on the day. I don't understand why you can't picture that I have moves, because what is it about me that screams that I don't?
Speaker 1: Why do you think my laughter insinuates that you that I'm questioning the moves?
Speaker 3: I'm just laughing at.
Speaker 2: Because I feel like if Angelina Joe Lee was walking through the laundry section and she said I have moves, she'd be like, yeah, you do, Angie, but.
Speaker 3: With me, you like literally peed your pants in the middle. And I was like, what's so funny?
Speaker 1: Definitely pants, good thing, my underwid And.
Speaker 3: Well then but then you were like quizzing me, You're like, what moves? I was like, don't worry about what they are. You don't have MEAs.
Speaker 2: I was like, don't worry.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not doing them to you. Don't worry about it. But they're there, and they happened. Hold On, let me explain my laughter. My laughture was not about whether or not I questioned that you had the moves.
Speaker 2: It was more that you called them moves, and then I did actually imagine that they were moves, that it was a pop quiz. I got stressed. I was like sweating when you started asking me about it.
Speaker 1: But I was envisioning them being like like like like figure skinning moves, like you do a triple sal cow or something in bed well.
Speaker 3: I don't know how else I would describe it. I was like a double axle with a rotating let's have done that. Cough.
Speaker 2: Listen on Valentine's Day, a double axel might come out.
Speaker 3: You never know. That's the joy of the day. I yes. Anyway, Jess loves telling this up. She's like, you've got moves, She's got moves people.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to the crew, let's go to these submissions. Yeah, this is a best and worst Valentine's Day gifts. Lily wrote in and she said the best putting thought into it, the worst, grabbing whatever is easiest.
Speaker 2: I have had to do a quick grab at CBS from that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone's been there. We've all been there. Donna said, a wee can get away? Are you kidding? Yes, that's the best. Yeah, I love that and experience that an experience.
Speaker 1: Emily or Emily who knows said, my now ex boyfriend got me a gym membership for Valentine's Day straight up told me, quote, you need it.
Speaker 3: Wow guys by guys.
Speaker 1: Wow, Gosh, I bet I'm gonna bet that guy's still alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, hopefully.
Speaker 1: Mister Charming I think is flying solo on pretty much every Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: A Rose wrote, the.
Speaker 2: Worst gift is just flowers and chocolate because they didn't even try.
Speaker 3: It's basic. Oh man, I'm a little basic.
Speaker 2: I don't mind a little classical flower chocolate.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: You have thoughts, oh, I know a little bit, like I mean, yeah, yeah, you're thinking about a Titanic necklace.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking of the Titanic necklace. I'm like, how did I give this chocolate and flowers?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Of course, also like I love flowers. Anyone who knows me, and those are how much I love flowers.
Speaker 1: But I think that the price inflation on Valentine's Day and all the other things, like give it to me next week, Give me some flowers next week.
Speaker 3: I don't need you to pay it. Okay, yeah, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 1: Sharon wrote in and said best is definitely a handwritten card.
Speaker 3: I love a letter.
Speaker 1: What's my love language? Words of affirmation and tell me how the ways you love me?
Speaker 3: Oh? A letter? A letter, She's a handwritten carca. It's a handwritten card. I am scoping out the room for where the Okay, I'm doing a scope.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean if it's a card that says like love Bob, then that would be yeah Bob was hopefully Bob has a gift.
Speaker 3: To back up the car. Yeah, or a poem. I would love a poem. Gosh, I used to get poems, did you? Yeah that much more high school? In college? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeahs says worse. My ex gave me a handful of seeds once he said he was allergic to flowers, so I could grow my own. They weren't even in a bag or anything.
Speaker 3: He took them out of his pocket. What that's like out of a movie.
Speaker 1: I mean, Juliana said, best is a spa day or a massage for one? She was one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, not a couples you know I respect that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alexandre said, worse the cliche engagement on Valentine's Day. Let's talk about it, Okay, how do I I gotta think about this.
Speaker 3: If I had been proposed to on Valentine's Day, I wouldn't hate it. You're being proposed to you, I don't. I don't know, I don't I what do you think we're thinking? I kind of don't.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm really drawn a blank with this one. Like potato potato at February fourteenth, February fifteen. Yeah, I mean you certainly wouldn't forget your engagement day.
Speaker 3: Would you rather be proposed to on Valentine's Day or not be proposed to? Exactly? Well? Do I want to be?
Speaker 1: If I want to be proposed to, I don't mind if it's again. If I want to be proposed to, I don't mind if it's February thirteen, fourteenth or fifteen.
Speaker 2: I also got proposed to on a holiday that probably other people would find cliche, which is new Year's Eve, but I also had, like, you know, a one and a half year old at the time, so it wasn't super shocking.
Speaker 3: We were sort of ready in it.
Speaker 4: Do I reel?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Okay, I feel like I can't fully I can't really hate on.
Speaker 3: Valentine's yet what? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, Gretchen best flowers worst, the little candy hearts that had the words on them.
Speaker 3: I kind of like those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like the American ones, but we have Sweethearts in England.
Speaker 3: I think they taste better.
Speaker 1: Karen said one time, my boyfriend decorated my room in Gray's theme and had a romantic table.
Speaker 3: That's sweet. That's that's that's a partner who knows who knows you? I love that. Actually, that's really cute. I like that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lou worst take into a football game. I don't like football.
Speaker 3: Yep, that would be bad. That's not a gift. That's just you're along full of ride.
Speaker 1: Mary has written in something very controversial. Mary, I don't know you, but I'm not sure we have the same philosophy. Mary says no gift is a bad gift. There are bad gifts, or is she saying the lack.
Speaker 3: Of a gift is a bad gift.
Speaker 1: Oh well, then I'm in completely and I'm completely in step with it.
Speaker 3: Let's let's do it like the lack of a gift. Yeah, that sucks. Yeah, if you don't get a gift, that's a very bad gift.
Speaker 2: Let's also take it as there can't be a bad gift, which I don't think she's saying, because clearly there can. You know, best, Mariel said, best a little locker for the fridge. So my favorite food can't be eaten by my always hungry husband, so he bought you a lock.
Speaker 3: So we want to eat your food. Oh, we need to get onto the next one.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Felicia best. One year, I did a thong exchange with my friends. So like Secretsana with panties, secret panties. I've never heard of secret panties. But okay, great love that Lily.
Speaker 2: I wasn't seeing anyone at the time, but I received a big box of chocolates. It came with no notes, so I spent all day trying to think of who would send them to me. It turned out it was my aunt best worst gift ever. I think that's just a great gift. I think there's no worst gift.
Speaker 3: It's cute. You got chocolates.
Speaker 1: Alexa wrote in and said, no, I got a waste trainer for my guy. He was immediately sent out my door. Alexa, No, I hate that, ew whatever. My page best is anything handmade that's I love that.
Speaker 3: That's really sweet cute.
Speaker 1: Louise says, I got a chocolate chip cookie and what a dick pic.
Speaker 3: Hang on, I have a question. I just lise logistics behind this.
Speaker 2: Like did he hand you the cookie? And then he was like, by the way, check your phone.
Speaker 3: I mean like, I'm just wondering because there might be the order of this here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, yeah, okay, anyway, Jenny, worst any household appliance. There's some household appliances I would like, best quality time without the kids. Yeah, I agree with that, but I would like, you know, there's some those fancy schmancy mixers.
Speaker 3: I don't mind that, like a KitchenAid mixer. Yeah, yeah, then all the different colors, Yeah those are cool. Yeah.
Speaker 1: My Eve is so good at working them. I like the attachments, the things.
Speaker 3: I get a little confused. Oh yeah, I don't know if I'd use it, but like just to have it so good. Who knows it's also heavy, very heavy. I love that though that screams for the appliance you're not going to use. Well, it's just screams quality to me. Oh, it's heaviness. It feels fancy. If something's heavy, feels fancy. Okay, looks pretty well. I've learned a lot. I've learned a lot in this episode. And you know, it wasn't so short. It was sweet, but it wasn't so short. Yeah, there were parts that were not so sweet too. I die again.
Speaker 1: I'm just happy that the world now knows that, along with me, that you have moves as they should know.
Speaker 3: They probably assume.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course they did.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I we are wishing you guys, however, you spend Valentine's Day with someone solo.
Speaker 1: We hope you have a great We hope you have a great Valentine's Day. And just remember the most important thing.
Speaker 3: Is to love yourself. That's very true. I know it is very true, Balie, but yeah, I know it's true. And treat yourself. You can always treat yourself. Ye sure can. And you know exactly what you want. Yeah, you do, all right? Thank you call it crewe. Let's call it the end of the episode,