Speaker 1: Best Bits of the Week with Morgan Listener Q and A.
Speaker 2: Best Bits Part three. You know what that means. It's Listener Q and A Time and Abby. We are going to just dive right on it.
Speaker 1: We dive in it. Questions for days. Oh, so here we go.
Speaker 2: Describe your perfect weekend if money wasn't an object Anyia in Massachusetts.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, gracious, we fly in on a private jet to the islands live. Yeah, like I want to go to like the British Virgin Islands, Caribbean.
Speaker 2: Hm, Caribbean really big fan?
Speaker 1: Uh huh. I would be running. I'd be drinking. Sorry. Your perfect weekend includes running? Yes, I love it, like hiking, being active, being outside.
Speaker 2: That's fine, but like running in your perfect weekend? Yeah, my perfect weekend. I'm just like skinny and I can't eat and do whatever I want, Like, don't make me exercise.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's like all I do. Like when we were on vacation, I did like ten miles a day, like walking. I just love it. It's really hard for me to sit all day. You were wild and I just don't have that much time like to do that when I'm home. So when I'm on vacation. I'm like, get all miles in, climb all the mountains, do all the steps. Yeah, I want to stay at an all inclusive resort. I've never done that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm surprised you haven't done that.
Speaker 1: I am too, Okay, Yeah, I guess just I like to venture off. So like, I feel like you kind of have to stay if you're going to pay all that, you want to take full advantage, so you just stay at the resort. So I haven't done that. Love to do that, Like the nicest one is no money.
Speaker 2: One in the world, lastest one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then go shopping at a mall, in a really expensive mall, because I love shopping.
Speaker 2: Love a shopping trip.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite shopping area in Nashville.
Speaker 1: I like Green Hills Mall because a lot of the stores are really expensive, so I just kind of browse. I don't really buy stuff. It's just collection here. It's just like me looking like Macy's and Dillard's. Those are my favorites because they're like more affordable m m but I like looking a lot and shoes, shoes at Dillard's. Shoes. Do you have a whole shoe collection. I'm like I have so many shoes, so many Okay, all right, I.
Speaker 2: Like it does Lunchbox's comments hurt your feelings, kindra.
Speaker 1: I know he's being like overly dramatic, but it's still I'm like, wait, does he like serious but he's acting like he's not being serious or you know, it's how it kind of like deep down it does. And because people agree with him, like online, like they're like, Lunchbox is right, she sicks or whatever. So I mean that for.
Speaker 2: Sure is probably the worst part. Like whenever he makes his comments, I'm like, you don't realize, but you just like give a voice to, you know, people that probably shouldn't in some ways, I know, because it like because he is so over dramatic about things that it gives the space for just people to feel like, oh well I can do this. But the difference and says Lunchbox is also our friend. Yeah, like we know him, we know each other. It's like brother sister vibes. That's the difference in his voice versus a random stranger on the internet who's like Lunchbox said it.
Speaker 1: I can say like, no, you don't know me, you know, like you don't know me outside of the show, but you're gonna like place judgment on me, you know, the way that they do online yep, versus him, but also the way he says things like instead of being like, oh my god, you suck. You make my ears bleed, Like, how about you just maybe say it? Like, hey, you could maybe work on it? Or are you taking those voice lessons still? Like I feel like there's kind of nicer, like more constructive, you know, ways to say.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, But he's never been one to go beat around the bush. He's been wanting to go straight through with like a that's one of those like machetes.
Speaker 1: He's been like here it is. But sometimes he's so ridiculous and makes me laugh like honestly, I'm just like you are. It's kind of fun. Honestly, I'm like, wow, that was actually a good one.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. He does love his backhanded compliments, yeah, where he'll like say something, I'm like, I think you're trying to be nice, but also stop talking.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, It's not like I go to bed like sad of what he said. Let's just put it that way. I'm just like, okay, yeah, that's the way I put it. Stings, it's a little sting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, is anyone running the marathon with her? Lisa in Illinois. We did mention this a little bit on part one, but so.
Speaker 1: My boyfriend is, and actually my mom is so go mom, she's the best. But she kind of walks jogs.
Speaker 2: Is this her first one?
Speaker 1: No, she did it last year too, She's done it before, but like yeah, like I said, she just kind of does it like she to raise money for Saint Jude and then just for the hype. She loves to do all that. She's really active, so oh that's where you get it. Yes, oh yeah, she has more energy than me. It's insane. She's like, who are you? And you're a lot older than me. You are your mother's daughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, there's no two ways around that, right, What is your face? Type of salad? I know she's a salad lover.
Speaker 1: Salad.
Speaker 2: I know she's a salad lover.
Speaker 1: Brea in Georgia. My favorite type of salad. Ooh, I like I get Tazekis. It's like a Greek salad. I love that. Tozeki's is a place like a restaurant, but they have a really good like Greek salad that I love.
Speaker 2: On a Greek salad.
Speaker 1: So it's just like romaine, lettuce, tomatoes. What else is on it? Cheese like feta, feta cheese, garbonzo beans.
Speaker 2: Do you like the purple olives?
Speaker 1: No? No, I don't like olives. That's the weird part. So I say no olives and no onions. The olives are part of Greek salad. I know, I know they are. Oh and I also I get from Chopped like I make my own. Chopped is another salad place, but it just has all the ingredients you can get. I get spinach, kale, beets, like a white vinaigrette like. I love more vinegarette based dressings.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had this skinny goal dressing?
Speaker 1: No? Oh, like poppy seed, there's like a it's a bunch. There's a bunch of different ones.
Speaker 2: But one of my favorite raspberry vinegarettes is skinny gal and I think it's only like ten calories.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I should try that, yeah, because I always get like balsamic.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I also go to Chewi's and I get their salad. It's so good with honey mustard on it.
Speaker 2: Chewie has a good salad.
Speaker 1: It's called the Mexicob salad, and there's like grilled chicken, green chilies, cheese, and avocado delicious.
Speaker 2: I see, now you're making me hungry. I made you hungry in part one.
Speaker 1: I know you're Yeah, you did goodness with the cinnamon rolls and the doughnuts. And then I'm like kale my salads. Here's kale, and I'm like spinach.
Speaker 2: Carbs, sugar, cheese.
Speaker 1: No, I love it. Those are the things that I really like wish I could eat. I just don't feel good. I didn't figure that out. Allergy or sensitivity. I feel like it could be, but I've gotten everything tested, I've done everything under the sun, and they can't figure out what it is. Really, it's really frustrat It's been like this for like six years. So now I just got like, do you think it's gut related? Yeah, it's bad.
Speaker 2: Have you gone into that direction? And still they can't find anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had like an endoscopy and everything to see if I had ulcers or and they were like, oh, you're normal, you look great. I'm like, but I feel terrible, Like I feel my stomach hurts all the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is where you got to start going on like the integrative health route, yeah, because they do all kinds of things that most typical standard modern medicine really doesn't. If you can't find solutions there, I often find a lot of my chronic issues are more helped in those scenarios. Really, like, if I've already xed out all of the basic modern medicine things, that's the next route I typically go. I'm on that same like path right now. I'm about to have a full functional blood test done where we're finding out everything and including like autoimmune issues and stuff, because I'm just not sure. There's a lot of possibilities that could be happening to me, and that could very very well be one of them.
Speaker 1: But getting a basis and.
Speaker 2: Then I'm going to start going down the integrative health route and figuring out what I can do to start healing my body again, especially post COVID, especially dealing with long COVID and just the stuff that's in her food because even like, what's crazy is I talked to a really awesome person on my podcast. Her name is Kara Clark, and she's she was like the big contributor to Fit fifty two Carry On to Woods app has her own cookbook coming out, but she was talking to me about this, and she was just like, you know, you could eat salads all the time and you think you're eating healthy and this is the best thing for your body, when in reality it could be doing the most damage because just because it looks healthy seems healthy doesn't necessarily mean your body wants it, right, Yeah, And like you have to understand what your body needs. And it has to do with blood sugar, it has to do with all these different variables that a lot of places aren't checking and paying attention to. Mm hmmm, because it is on the more holistic set woo woo, however you want to do it. But it's becoming more of a thing in chronic issues because and there there's so many testimonials of people getting help and finally feeling better. So I feel like that would help you down that realm.
Speaker 1: Because when I go to just like my normal doctor, I'm like, I explain my symptoms and then she's like, oh, do you want me to call in this test? I'm like, I have no idea, Like well, and you're like, I don't even think everything. Yeah, yeah, because they've all they're all normal. I've taken all of the ones that you can through blood, like blood work. She orders everything and it all says normal. I'm like, and then nothing happens because you're just like, oh you look fine.
Speaker 2: Well, and they like separate you. Like That's what's also crazy is like you think about your body, it's one whole thing, but they send you to multiple different doctors for different things, and they're trying to heal one specific thing when your body as a whole is what's needing help.
Speaker 1: Everything leads, yeah, you know what effect, it's all connected. Yeah, but they treat one problem at a time, sending you to different places. So we're just such a waste of time. Like I'm over it. That's why I was like, no, I'm done. They wanted me to do an X ray test. Oh no, where I like chew on food and they take an X ray every hour just to see how like my food is digesting or something. I'm like no, but that's it doesn't explain why it hurts, you know, like why I can't eat cinnamon rolls. You know, I think you should.
Speaker 2: I think you should look into it's functional or integrative, whichever you prefer. They're kind of similar. Their similarities in both one's probably more gonna lean towards you for some reason or another, But I'd look in at it. There's plenty of people out there that I think could help you. Yeah, just help because I bet, I bet there's a lot of people out there that are struggling with that.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, what do they say? Hot girls have stomach issues?
Speaker 2: I'm right there with you, right there with you.
Speaker 1: So many issues. OK. I gonna take a quick break back.
Speaker 2: If you had a double date with a show member, who where would you go? Jessica and San Diego?
Speaker 1: Oh who would it be? Well? You and a guy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like you'd be the only one to feel super comfortable to go on the double date with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know Edie Wall I asked him on vacation one time. Yeah, they'd be fun with you, Yeah, super fun? Or Ray? I would do Ray and Bay too, I would say, super fun. It would be between you and Ray. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I also love Scuba and his wife because they go out and do stuff too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do. They're so fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I was gonna say his wife, I love her and I bonded over desserts at the dessert table one time.
Speaker 1: And that we love each other.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you guys in the glassroom, I think are the ones I would.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, we're the fun We're the fun group. Just kidding.
Speaker 2: We all we all have similarities in what we like to go do and hang out and and vibe party dream huh.
Speaker 1: We'd probably have to go out to the country for Ray and Bay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but sometimes they come to Broadway.
Speaker 1: They do venture, Yes they do. They're in and we did.
Speaker 2: You and I did kind of have a double date for a wedding with when I was a man in uniform.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did, and that was fun. We had a lot and then we said we were going to do it again, and then.
Speaker 2: I became single.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean it that way, but you can laugh about it now.
Speaker 2: We're in great face now, but now we need that updated Yeah, devil date yep with new Man's Yes, you know, hopefully soon fingers crossfully and it's gracious. Do you ever want to be on the Big Show more? Lisa in California.
Speaker 1: I think it's fun. Yeah, if I like can relate to a topic, I think it's fun to say and sometimes like I'm in the room, like, oh I would say this, you know, if he came to me but I'm good where I am.
Speaker 2: Are you busy over there in the corner on the phone?
Speaker 1: Really busy? There's a lot going on, Yeah, a lot of multitasking during the show because it's like people will be sending me stuff to print, you know, and then I'm like trying to listen to Ray and Scuba while I'm answering phones. And it's a lot, you know, during a live show, so all.
Speaker 2: The pieces have to float perfectly together.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's why my brain I'm always like tired when I leave, you know, because you're just trying to listen, and you too, We're all multitasking. You're trying to listen to the shows at once and typing things. So yeah, yeah, I think it's fun. I get to be on there. It's cool.
Speaker 2: Abby is such a genuine human? How does she stay so positive and happy?
Speaker 1: Sierra? Oh God, that's such a good question.
Speaker 2: You're like, I don't know, how do I?
Speaker 1: How do I? Sometimes? I don't know. I think it's just in my personality. I think it's like genetic. That's how my mom is, and like my grandma was and my grandpa, like we don't let things get us down or you know, if I am feeling sad, like I just wait till I'm at work and then or I'm out, I leave work and I'm home in my car or in my car and I cry. So I just us a lot to get to your technique. Hello, there's the two hours of sleep last night I met. I'm like good at you know, being.
Speaker 2: I'm going to show and having to face until Yes, you're.
Speaker 1: Living in the moment and then when I get home that's when I can break down. So I'm just kidding. No, I try to just like that. I try to have just a natural like spunk for life. Like if you just go through life of just being like a negative Nancy and just always we do not like bummed out. Yeah, you're just gonna start. That's gonna start being a part of like who you are and how you think about everything. So you say to think of like the glass half full.
Speaker 2: This is true, glass half ful, man, It's it's also I think it's a canvas straight too.
Speaker 1: Generally pretty happy people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a truly horrible person from Kansas.
Speaker 1: I haven't either, except for the guys I dated, just no, but every time I go home, people are so nice. They are always and I'm like, Midwest people are so nice and like in Wisconsin when I went there, like they're so nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Midwest man, that Midwest attitude. That's very very much a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just more like a slower paced I think than like and like I went up to Boston, say slower paste or pace paste, slower paste. They're slower paste. It's slower pace. They are slower paste.
Speaker 2: No, like, oh you're you're like the it sounded like you're saying like toothpaste.
Speaker 1: And I was like, like pa ending with a D like paint the lower pace.
Speaker 2: Got it now? I got it now. It did not sound like a D. It sounded like a T.
Speaker 1: It's always you mean like p a s t ye.
Speaker 2: I literally thought, you're saying slow slower paste, like toothpaste.
Speaker 1: And I was like, they have a much slower pace.
Speaker 2: I've not got a lot of sleep.
Speaker 1: Okay, slow to speed. Oh my god, you know what you're saying. I was not comprehending in my brain. You're like, that's not what it is. It's paste.
Speaker 2: And I'm also not one to talk because I mess upwards all the time.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, are we gonna call me out?
Speaker 2: No, I'm never but I was trying to make sure my brain, you know, And I'm like, I haven't had a lot of sleep. And you look at somebody and you're just like seeing eight million heads and hearing a bunch of different voices, and you're like, yeah, what was.
Speaker 1: That so many in my head right now? Kidding, we're struggling.
Speaker 2: Okay, last question, favorite latest Amazon purchase? Purchased anything from Amazon that you love.
Speaker 1: Oh, you might not like this because you are like a big animal and living thing lover, but.
Speaker 2: You buy a dead animal online?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of carpenter bees oh yeah in the backyard, and they are just crazy. They're everywhere and just constantly flying buzzing around. So I got like this little wooden house. It's kind of like a trap for them. They go in and then they can't like fly back out because it's a hole that they climb up and then they go down into like a little jar you can't get out, which I feel. I don't like doing that. I don't like killing things. But no, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I actually, unfortunately had a problem with carpenter bees when I first moved into my house. Really yeah, and I learned very quickly that if you don't take care of them, they get very aggressive. Oh yeah, and very territorial. And so I had to And I was like crying for both reasons, Like one, I didn't want to kill them, in two because I was like, this bee is terrorizing my life and rid me every time she goes outside. Uh huh, because they have kind of like a queen bee. And I've learned about carpenter bees if you don't constantly like I have to treat my house from every year, because carpenter bees.
Speaker 1: Have like a.
Speaker 2: They come back to the same place every year every year. Oh wow, I know where it is. So even if like the house before mine that was there used to have carpenter bees, it's still the location that they know what. So even my house when I got it was brand new, it still had the problem because of whatever was there before had a.
Speaker 1: Carpenter bee problem. Oh my gosh, I didn't know they were that smart. Incredibly smart. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: So and they still will linger sometimes even though like I treat my house once a year because of this, because they will come back. Even still when spring starts to happen, a few of them will come and rotate with they don't create the holes and stuff because the house is treated, but they'll come hang out kind of in my garden and if I'm doing anything out there, they just literally terrorize me.
Speaker 1: So annoy they do. They just hang there. Did you notice that they just kind of hang in one spot and like you like make eye contact with them. Yep, Like are we battling off? Like what is going on?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: And they're like the size of an eyeball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and their legs are dangling like they're going back and forth, and they're just like have you seen the movie? Yeah, I don't know if I's made a reference. Yes, it is, it is, but like I'm just they're annoying, like go somewhere else. But that's why.
Speaker 2: It's because they're like territorial because to them, that is their place.
Speaker 1: No, it's my place.
Speaker 2: I know. I know.
Speaker 1: So I get it. I totally, I totally understand. But you really cool the little house, but get working. I haven't tried it yet. I literally just got it. Oh, we gotta hang it, put it up. Let me know if it works.
Speaker 2: If it doesn't, I'll send you my guys who come and treat because it's the only thing that's kept them away.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, I need something I know.
Speaker 2: I did have a little raccuum visitor recently that was really exciting.
Speaker 1: Those are cute. I love those.
Speaker 2: I also love possums. Hang out my art all you want.
Speaker 1: You love plossoms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're so cute.
Speaker 1: They need tis just hit you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just because they're scared you do eat ticks.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: No, they're great little critters. But yeah, they do hiss because they're scared. They think you were going to hurt them, because most of the time humans do hurt them.
Speaker 1: My favorite is chipmunks. I love those. I have one in my backyard. Oh so cute.
Speaker 2: I love them. I'm like all the animals you can gather. I've had groundhogs, I've had armadillos are.
Speaker 1: Kind of ugly. I'm the safe space. I'm so judgmental on these animals cute.
Speaker 2: I do think armadillos have leprosy, though, so I don't touch those. I don't touch any of these. I just let them exist.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you just see a hedgehog.
Speaker 2: Okay, a hedgehog. I would say those are domesticated, and you see a hedgehog in the wild in the United States, It is not supposed to be there. To my understanding, I think they are native to other places. But like here, you see a hedgehog in a wild somebody abandon it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 2: That's different than a porcupine or an armadillo. Hedgehog is a baby that fits in your hands.
Speaker 1: I've seen them like laying on their back and they're like aggies.
Speaker 2: Yes, so cute. I don't remember what we were talking about.
Speaker 1: Okay, the cool Amazon purchase, I don't know it's that cool. Yeah, I know that was a good one because it might help some people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been trying. I've been transitioning all my stuff in my apartment on my apartment what words, what is happening in my house? To glass and everything. So I've bought so many like different glass glass bottles. I now have wood cutting boards. Oh it's just a vibe. I feel so anti plastic. Yes, yeah, all those microplastics. Yeah, we've been talking about literally not good. And I bought stainless steel pants. Like I've transitioned everything over. I've wouldn't utinsils and everything and almost all that I bought on Amazon.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good. Yeah, yeah, no, that's really, I'm hearing bad things lightly. I'm like, I didn't know, and I have my water bottle all the time and I refill it. You don't have it.
Speaker 2: I literally just bought a glass.
Speaker 1: This is one of the ones I bought an Amazon.
Speaker 2: It's literally a glass.
Speaker 1: Oh, usable bottle. How about the Stanley? Are those bad?
Speaker 2: I've heard mixed reviews. I still use mine, but I do think it's better than those the like throwaway because they're better for the environment in general. But yeah, glass, a glass, stainless steel would are like your three best things in different categories. Okay, so at least from what I've learned, it's been a long time coming, but you know that's what I've been doing. Anyways.
Speaker 1: I love it. You want to go take a nap? Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Cool, We're gonna get out of here. This is fun.
Speaker 1: Those are good questions. I liked them. They were too hard, No, they were fun. I'll probably give more updates on because I did see some questions too about the boyfriend. Yeah, we'll get there.
Speaker 2: Abby's gonna at one point when she's ready, start talking some more about it on the big show, and if not, we'll come here and we'll talk all about it. We'll do a whole episode whenever that time comes.
Speaker 1: Okay, sounds good.
Speaker 2: All right, bye everybody. If you want to know where you can find us, just go online.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just look online. Just hipein Abby and Morgan and you'll find us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the show, Bobby bunch on everything, Neil, you'll find everything there. YouTube, go subscribe some get content up there. Okay, goodbye and bye.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 1: And followed web girl Morgan
Speaker 2: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.