Speaker 1: All right for practice today. Matthew Wright shoulder and back, will not practice. Jake Moody right ankle won't practice. Jwan jennings hip won't practice. Relie Collins knee won't practice, Leonard Floyd's having a VET day, Jordan Elliott knee limited, Jordan Mason's shoulder limited, Deebo Samuel Riss limited, and Mustafa ankle limited.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: The risk is that what he was shaking his arm out.
Speaker 2: After the game. Probably, Yeah. We didn't know during the game though, found that the next day. Picked something up on Monday. No, he had something in the game. We just didn't know about a Friday morning. It was like a you send some kind of you know, players react to this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think everyone's excited for him to be out. You know, we just had walked to day, but Monday was our first day. I'm back with him, and we let him break the team down. He was excited. We didn't do much. We just had one two minute drill. He was out of breath from it, so we mess with him trying to get him to talk right away. It's more just because he was so excited to be out there and stuff. But it was a good first day and pump to see him out there this afternoon. Do you feel like his presence just in making his return kind of uplooded the team. I know they had all extra time off the rest as well. Yeah, I think I think more of the guys are just happy for him and they know he's wanted to be a part of this. It's been a crazy story on him delaying to be a part of it, and uh, he's worked to get here, and I know the guys are just excited for him and ready to support him, help him come along.
Speaker 3: After Mossa and Leonard Floyd, your depth, after those guys have potential, you know, after them, but they really haven't done it at the end of the level in our improvement. How do you feel about that and is that something you think might need to be addressed, you.
Speaker 4: Know, before trade dead one.
Speaker 2: And I feel good about that. I mean, it's you always want I mean, you'd love to have four pro bowlers just in there, but I think that's the reality of most teams. I think it's very rare to have a situation that is better than that. You know, it did hurt, you know, we had big plans for each tour, you know, so him going on, I are hurt, but we hope to get him back later this year. So you know, we have some possible guys in the rise. And coming back to.
Speaker 4: How much Super Bowl film are you watching versus what they put.
Speaker 2: On tape this year, Well, you stick with the five games they've done this year, and you go back to our last game with them, So you also go to previous games of US versus them. When coordinators don't change, scheme doesn't change. You tie in all those games characterize going up against the technology defense is there? Has it been about a similar field to go going up against his defenses over the last weeks. I think it's gotten better and better each year. I thought last year was the best defense that we played all year, and I feel that way this year so far. So Uh, they got guys who've been playing a long time together. They've been doing his scheme for a while. He's been doing a scheme for so long, but they continue to add to it, They continue to fine tune in and I got a lot of respect for him and his scheme.
Speaker 4: Had a lot of success game planning for Aaron Donald over the year. Exceptions to this, but usually he has quiet games against you.
Speaker 3: Why don't you think you've had the same success against Chris Jones? What's what's the difference there?
Speaker 2: There's just different variables they do with their stuff, you know, sometimes a little bit harder to eliminate them where he goes and just some of the pressures they do. But he definitely deserves that attention. He's as good as player there is and we try our hardest to take him out, but he makes that pretty hard.
Speaker 4: What are the hallmarks of Andy Reid scheme or Andy ree offense?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it features around their quarterback obviously puts them in a great position to make a ton of plays, and he has a guy who can make a ton of plays. You know, they always dabble on all screens, r pos. You always gotta be ready for new plays, one that you haven't seen. And always enjoyed watching Andy since he was back in Philly, and he continues to evolve.
Speaker 3: Also, whether they're so manavy against you guys in the Super Bowl. You've seen a lot of man this year, maybe more than in recent years. Is is that a coincidents or do you since maybe teams are kind of trying to follow.
Speaker 2: Some sort of blueprints. Uh, I think some games we have, some we haven't, you know, you know, last game, I didn't see it that way. But you know, they did more in the Super Bowl than they had in the past. And I think in the past here like twenty percent, man, and they went up to thirty five percent in the Super Bowl. And that's about where they are this year. Last year, going into that game, you know, they play more press and stuff than anyone in the league all of last year and they're still doing that this year too. So you know, when you're in crucial situations, especially the fourth quarter, they blitz more than anyone in the league last year and that's true this year too. So usually when that's the case, you see man. So it goes with their scheme. And uh, they definitely did a little bit more last year too.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: You kind of mentioned that last week ahead of the Seahawks battle. You said it wasn't a must win, but it kind of is a must win. Is the conversation going into this one given a history between you guys and Kansas City and then the ability to kind of put the rest of the league on notice with a win, is that the same type of conversation you're having with it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I try to have the same conversation every week. I just worded a little differently, But you never I never want to say the words must win until if we don't win, we're eliminated from the playoffs. So that's the only time it's a true must win. But my words were last week that this is I'll never say it's must win until it's that situation. But a damn sure feels like one. And I think that had to do with just losing two tight games to in our division, being owing to in our division, going against a division opponent. I see this game like I see all games. I feel like they're all I mean, every game matter is huge. But I didn't choose those words this week.
Speaker 3: Kicker, I assume his insurance for for right, whether he can go or not.
Speaker 4: And Carlson's not really historically a deep kickoff guy either.
Speaker 3: Would you ever.
Speaker 2: Consider bringing in a guy at least.
Speaker 3: For a while, just to kick off and then have a placekicker do the place kicker or you just don't want to.
Speaker 2: Use two spots for that. I mean I'd love to. You just got to see what's what position you want to go? Short at so, I mean, I could always be a possibility, but you know that's that does take a toll on the aster a big time. If you ever had one injury at the wrong spot, that would be a big regret. But that is an interesting decision, but probably something we won't do.
Speaker 1: Patrick Mahomes having a down season by his standards, What do you see from him in particular?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I think everyone says down year just because their numbers aren't just crazy, But I mean Pat's as good as it gets. He's been as good as it gets since the first year that he got to play. You know, all their games, I think, except for one, have come down to the last possession, and he's as good as anyone in that last possession. You know, they're running numbers aren't quite what they were last year. Their red zone isn't real high, so I think that equates to numbers. But Pats patt and he's as good as it gets and I don't see that changing at all.
Speaker 3: Rock was the number one quarterback in the league this year and last year on the play action, but I noticed that the play action percentage.
Speaker 2: This year is down.
Speaker 1: Is there any reason for that that you guys haven't run as many play action passes this year.
Speaker 2: No, we just we try to run what we think looks on tape, and it kind of just depends on how people are playing us. And sometimes we think it looks really good. Sometimes we think it's not so good. So it's it's not like we don't just do things every week, because we do it. I think it's just been just a matter how the schedule's played out. You feel like your receivers have down against man coverage season. I thought they've done some good stuff. I'm sure you guys have analytics on that that I want to be well aware of, but you know, I'm always trying to prove and everything. But you know, I think we've won some and we've lost some as usual. Well, I mentioned that, you know, the Chiefs are specifically a team you guys have not succeeded against recently. Games and as a coach all the time make one bigger than the other. But do you feel that a little bit like you've had some apparently large losses against this team. Yeah, I think everyone understands that we've lost the two Super Bowls to them, So I mean that can give a little post traumatic stress when you turn on the tape. But I think that's human nature. But you got to make sure you don't get caught up in that. You know, this game has nothing to do with past games that was last year. We're playing it really good AFC opponent. We're five hundred right now. We want to stay on top of our division and get a win. Uh, I don't really. I mean you think about that stuff going into it, but in terms of what it plays out in a game, it really has no correlation, and you try to make sure that it doesn't.
Speaker 3: This game super Bowl in over time, they're plenty of plays you're like, crap, if only but that fourth and one, you know, you get a defensive stop and the game is over.
Speaker 2: I don't know that.
Speaker 3: Up there as far as.
Speaker 2: Plays, you're like, not necessarily. I mean, fourth and one it's you know, it's fifty to fifty, you know, so I mean there's other plays that are worse, but you can go through a lot of them, but that that's not I mean, that's your opportunity. You know, you got to stop for one yard and then it's over and you know you're Super Bowl champs. So it's hard when it comes to that. But I think there's a number number of other plays in that game that were just as important, right.
Speaker 3: Expert opinion, A well designed play. I mean, what was there something that could have been done? W was there anything like or go wrong with the defense there? Or do you just kind of tip your cap and say, hey, you got us.
Speaker 2: No. I mean, it's just it's hard to defend everything. I mean fourth to one is one of the tougher spots in football. I mean, you wanna start out with sneaks, you know, you gotta defend the edges, you gotta defend the dive. You know, you play tight man coverage. You gotta defend every rollout pick play. And then when you call play like that, you gotta do eleven on eleven and defend the quarterback. So, uh, you can't defend every play. And they got us in a good situation where they ran their quarterback and we had one guy on 'em had a chance to stop it. But uh, it's not an easy one to.
Speaker 4: Stop on his kickoffs during his cry out.
Speaker 2: Uh, I don't go out to his tryout and so good enough to sign of.
Speaker 4: Is that a concern though? I mean, uh, these guys coming in.
Speaker 2: I everything's a concern. I mean, especially when guys are available. You know, if there were zero concerns, you I think guys would be somewhere right now. So you look into all that and you try to make the best option, and that our guy last week did a hell of a job coming in being three for three. There's a lot of kickoffs we would wish it would have gone in to the end zone. You know, we had that with Robby towards the end of his career. You know, he was automatic kicker, but didn't always get it out there. You know, We've tried it with Mitch. So that's stuff you always want, but it's not guaranteed, especially as the year gets going and it gets colder. That's why we got to get better kickoff coverage as it goes.
Speaker 1: Also, of all the one on one matchups this game can have, do you get time to appreciate a Fred Warner going against Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 2: I don't really get time to appreciate it. But it's one that I'm glad that we got Fred Warner because Kelsey is as good as it gets also, and so we got to have one that's as good as it gets to match up. And that's a hell of a competition between those two, all right, Thanks guys,