Speaker 1: No way.
Speaker 2: What's up, dude? What's your name?
Speaker 1: You gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 2: How's it going?
Speaker 1: It's good. I'm Salmon.
Speaker 2: Your name is Salmon?
Speaker 1: Not really, that's my game or name I got.
Speaker 2: What games do you play as? What?
Speaker 3: In? What? In?
Speaker 2: What arenas? Are you known as? Salmon?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, my game so much? Play Destiny? Oh I'm so nervous right now. Play World of Warcraft on a fantasy whole bunch of in and O stuff like that.
Speaker 2: What level are you in World of Warcraft?
Speaker 1: Oh? You know, just max level all over the place?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Hold on, I'm going to a different room where there's day I'm on the plane.
Speaker 3: With the therapy Gecko.
Speaker 2: So Salmon, yes, uh says here that you are a real license therapist and that you hate your eighteen month old baby.
Speaker 1: Yes, so, yeah, I'm a real therapist, my estate. I got my degree last May, and yeah, I got my license and I've been seeing clients. I've worked in the field for a long time, like ten years, mental health and addiction and trauma and stuff. I love it, Manna. Being a therapist is super fun.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you something?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Does anyone ever get better?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 4: Fucking yeah?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, really, dude, totally give it.
Speaker 2: Give me. Can I hear an example?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'll just start with me. Like, so I I got sober when I was sixteen, So I got into recovery when I was sixteen and super gnarly depression, like suicidal, really gnarly anxiety, you know, childhood trauma, addiction, family addiction, stuff like that. So I mean when I got into recovery, I like I hit it pretty hard as far.
Speaker 4: As like.
Speaker 1: You know, going to meetings, being in twelve step recovery, but also going to therapy. I started going to therapy when I was probably eighteen or nineteen because I was like, I was in recovery and I was like meditating a lot and exercising kind of doing all the like wellness stuff to like combat depression and anxiety, but nothing was really working, Like nothing I was doing on my own when my own willpower was working, and I was like fuck it, dude, I need to go with therapy. And my therapist. I found a therapist I was super badass, Like it kind of have worked out to where I was able to afford it because he had a sliding scale. He was just really good trauma therapist and we did trauma therapy and did it helped a lot. I don't know how.
Speaker 2: Old are you now, twenty seven, twenty seven? So I mean you ever all right? And I don't want to discount your story because you have a good story. But I'm talking like, you know, I feel like it's sixteen eighteen. It's very like everyone No, I mean not everyone, but like it's very easy to nah, not it's easy, but you know, changing your life at sixteen eighteen is one thing do you ever get, like like a broken thirty five year old man? Who who turns it around?
Speaker 1: Dude? Totally.
Speaker 4: So granted, I've been an individual therapist for less than a year, so clients that I've worked with, you know, I haven't been working with for more than a year.
Speaker 1: But for example, I've got a client won't give too much detail, but really intense sexual trauma and a lot of complex trauma from childhood up into adulthood and in a relatively short period of time with so I do em DR is the type of trauma therapy. She's made progress and it's you know, it's it is a slow game, but ultimately, like the little games are are pretty awesome, Like moments of hope, moments of shifts of perspective where like you know, a client will be able to move in and out of that hopelessness way more, with way more flexibility, and that shit is awesome. Man, Just ride that out.
Speaker 2: So why do you hate your baby?
Speaker 1: If my wife listened to this, Just for the record, I don't hate my baby anymore.
Speaker 2: You text you said, I have a proof. You texted me. I'm gonna read that. I'm gonna read it. You said, you said you what you texted me? Like seven things? Hold on. You said I accidentally had no no, no, no, no, don't be sorry. This is not something you need to apologize for. You said I had an exorcism while on vacation in Mexico. We might get to that. But you said, I hate my eighteen month old baby. Why do you I By the way, I just want to say this. A few people in the chat said, how could this man hate a baby? And I think those people are idiots that have never met babies before, because the babies they're not they're not they're not cool guys, you know. But you might have a different reason. So you go ahead, you you tell me what's up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh, man, this is so hard. Like, yeah, my wife and I. My wife's a little bit older than me, and she she became ready to have a baby a little bit kind of before. I was like, she already had her degree, she already had her career, and it's kind of just like, all right, let's do this. And I was super resistant, super fearful about it, and yeah, just like kind of self centered, but all I'll basically like everyone in my life that I trusted and looked up to was like, dude, you just gotta send it, like it'll be worth it, you know, don't don't live from this place of self centeredness. And I was like, yeah, hell yeah, Like I love her so much, so it's not worth like you know, people get divorced over that shit. Like that's just like no way. Like I love the chruse so much, and I have had this like you know, curer like faith that it would work out and it would be okay. And I kind of thought, like, sure, I don't really love babies in general, but I bet whenever I have my own kid, it'll like override that because people are like, oh my god, it's like there's you know, like people are you know it's like the kid is born, and I've never felt so much love immediately. I was like, yeah, fuck it, like it'll probably be like that, right, dude. No, like but it was wild, like we didn't we didn't do the whole like find out the sex of the baby, so like in my mind it was there. They were gonna be a like a blonde haired girl just because like I don't know, that was just the vibe. And he's a.
Speaker 4: Redheaded boy, and I was like, who the fuck is this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were.
Speaker 4: It was so scary, dude. And the and the actual process was terrifying.
Speaker 2: What was the actual process?
Speaker 1: Like the birth was super complicated. It was scary like health wives. And my wife was like, I don't know. I had some difficulties, had some like preclamsya, which is scary like blood pressure should and it was an emergency sea section, and like I was just like watching her on in the operating room like and I'm just like she's gonna die, and I like all the I.
Speaker 4: Could like see her blood going into a fucking vacuum thing and I was so scared, Like I was like, she's.
Speaker 1: Gonna fucking die. I felt like I was gonna pass out, and like the surgeons are just like you know, they're just like at work, they're just like they could be working at Starbucks and making a fucking coffee, Like they're just like talking about ship, Like, dude, I'm about to pass out. And so it was super scary and like we were in the hospital for eight eight days just because there's a lot of medical issues and we both felt similarly like we were just like this felt disconnected from baby, and it did not we didn't have that like rush of endorphins that people get sometimes. And it was really hard, dude. Like, so we were in the hospital. That was the day that my master's program started. So I started grad school like in the hospital. My first classes I took like in the hospital. So it's so stressful, and yeah, it's this is really hard. So the reason that I texted that is because I mean it's an exaggeration, but I have been It's been really hard for me to bond with him because of my own just like avoidance, my own fear, a lot of like resistance to joy. I think like that part of me that is still depressed still, I still have that like you know, that depressed part that comes up it's like, you know, it's just part of my experience. I think that part of me is like don't love that baby. You don't want to love that baby, you know, Like it's just like that resistance to joy and love. So that's just what I've been working with the past year and a half is like just practicing letting go of the ideas that I want my life. You know, I want to be able to do whatever I want, that type of thing, And I don't know, I'm embracing it and honestly, like I feel like I texted you like a thousand times once I realized that I could try to actually talk to you, and genuinely in the past two months has gotten like way better. I don't know if it's like a shift within me, oh dude. And I've been doing a lot of therapy about it. So there's another example of how it's helped. Like I've been able to feel less hopeless, feel a lot more hope, and really like notice those moments of joy with him, or he's doing something funny or I allow myself to like laugh and it's like we're connected. Last Saturday was actually or not last Saturday, like maybe four Saturdays ago was one of the first days where we were together all day and I just vibed like we just hung out connected. I didn't feel super self centered, like I didn't have all these like I'm want to do whatever I want thoughts. It was just like all right, when we wear this baby, like this is the grind and like a practice.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck, dude.
Speaker 1: Yesterday We're at the park. It was fun. He and I just walked around. We were a little hike. He's twenty months now, and I'm really making an effort to bond more with him. I have this like kind of like fire under my ass of like oh shit, Like I want him to like me, Like I need to be there for him. He needs me. I can't just have this like resistance, this aversion to loving him. Oh dude, it's been so hard.
Speaker 2: But so you say it's been Uh it's gotten better in the past two months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of a lot better.
Speaker 2: How has it gotten better in what ways has it gotten better? And how did you achieve those ways?
Speaker 1: So I think I did a lot of This is a good example. So the birth was super traumatic for me. I was very afraid and I just was in this like hypervision in state and then went immediately into being in grad school and full time stay at home dad. So I never had a chance to really like process the trauma of the birth, and so I did end up going back to therapy. So like about probably like five months ago, I started going to the perinatal therapist who does like trauma work for like births and shit, and I think that really really helped. So like I didn't have the like.
Speaker 5: The physical reaction of the PTSD from the berth whenever I thought about it, like the overwhelmed, Like I was able to let that go to process it.
Speaker 1: So it was more more present, I meant, more able to be present with like the truth of what's happening just in the present moment. So what it looks like is just me being able to experience both joy and like extreme discomfort very fluidly and flexibly throughout the day. It's like one moment he's super happy, I'm super happy and we're hanging out. Next moment, he's fucking freaking out because he wants oatmeal and we have to go and I get super overstimulated, and but it's like, Okay, I can hold both of those things now, Like it's Okay, it's okay for me to have to feel this unpleasantness because I know that it's worth it. That's huge for me, like being able to think like it's worth it because I know we're gonna connect later and that would be special.
Speaker 2: Have you always felt a sort of, like I guess, aversion to happiness.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, dude, I don't know what is up, dude, I got a fucking dude. Oh my god. Yeah, you should see the fucking drawings that I drew as a kid, Like, as a little kid, I drew the most like demented, fucking creepy drawings as a little kid. And yeah, like I started, I had my first like real suicidal thoughts in sixth grade. Like I just there was just this part of me that hated life. It was just really overwhelmed, afraid of feeling joy, like you know, just in that in that space. So that's kind of always been.
Speaker 4: There, hmm.
Speaker 2: And so this is a process of you like accepting that you should be able to feel happiness, and not only that, but you're also it's not just for you, you know, of course, it's not just for you. It's for the well being of of you know, another person, that you're in charge of as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So has your ability to start, so you say, in the past two months has gotten better. So has your ability to start feeling joy interacting with your child leaked out to your ability?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Has it has it increased your ability to start feeling joy in other realms of your life as well?
Speaker 5: Hmm?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think not necessarily, because man, today I can feel some joy. I can feel some joy about stuff like and I think, yeah, man, like I love I love life now, even though there's always going to be that darkness, Like I don't become that darkness anymore. I just been able to be with it. You can come along for the ride. But that's why I like so the whole like not being able to feel joy with him has been so disturbing because I feel like I've historically been able to like overcome challenges like mental health challenges and shit like that. This has been a real doozy, and it's probably gonna be a doozy for the next like ideally, like, I don't know however many years I'll be alive, but I'll probably hopefully be a parent for that amount of time.
Speaker 2: So you've accepted that, say, this is an interesting thing, and I'll get into it, but you've accepted that this is going to be a doozy for the rest of the time that you are alive.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, that's a hard thing to accept.
Speaker 2: That's a hard thing to accept because I've been thinking about this, Like I, dude, one, I've been thinking about this a lot. I'm pretty much your age, and uh, you know, I often really do feel like I'm like depressed and anxious all the time in carrying a rock. And I saw this comment on Reddit. I might have talked about this on the podcast, all right, I've just been talking about it to my friends. Like I saw this comment on Reddit that said something like people think that when they turn thirty, there's gonna be this crazy magical thing, or they're gonna explode, or they're gonna feel different, and the truth is it just keeps going. And I read that and I was like, oh no, I find such great solace every day and imagining like a fucking version of the future where I'm not as anxious, and I'm like, you know, all these problems are kind of gone, and what if it just never happens, and what if I'm just like dealing with shit. This is why I'm afraid of getting older, because I'm like, oh, what if I'm just dealing with shit forever? You know. I talk to people on the podcast and I read on Reddit and all this stuff of like people and they're like, you know, thirties and forties and fifties, we're going through these problems. And I'm like sometimes I'm just like, god, damn, man, this sounds exhausting, just problems like forever. You know. Do you do you ever feel that way?
Speaker 1: Hmmm?
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my god, how I'm just gonna how are you not tired?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have felt that way. I don't feel that way very much anymore.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I get it, though, Like I truly relate. I truly relate to that, and I hear it a lot. Actually, one of my friends is I don't go ahead. Yeah, one of my friends is like, hell of suicidal right now, And similarly, like just feels like this is going to be this way forever. And I don't know. I mean, I think if you have a lot of that self awareness of like noticing whenever your mind is going to the like, well maybe one day I won't feel this way. But it's like a that's a good indicator of looking at Okay, what's happening right now? And you know in this moment that is leading to this sense of dissatisfaction. What is it? Is it that longing that is causing this dissatisfaction? Is it a physical thing? Do I need to eat? Is it a lack of connection? Do I need to be with a friend? Am I burnt out? Do I need to change what I'm doing? It's like all comes to what is happening in the present moment that needs tending to, Like how can I be kind to myself or be kind to another person? As a response, because like, yeah, dude, we're never like the future. I mean, I don't know. Maybe in like a fucking quantum physics sense it exists, but right now it's like it doesn't exist. And usually whenever we're thinking about the future where maybe this is obvious, but we're there's something happening right now that we don't like or we're afraid of, or we're like you know, holding on to but it's already going away. And the goodness is it's like we can just let go and the practice and like you know, what can become kind of fun is like figuring out how can I let go right now in a way that will give me some freedom. But it's not easy. It's dude, it's not easy.
Speaker 2: Well, is there anything fun going on with you?
Speaker 4: Hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I mean, let's sorry.
Speaker 2: About that before we go. Let's talk about some fun stuff. I mean, no, this was fun. This was good. This was this was this was good. This was good. I mean, I'm glad to hear that your h It sounds from the way you're talking to me, that these struggles are are on a positive upward trajectory towards being dealt with and and and handled you know, by you in a way that makes your life better. I'm happy to hear that. How does your wife feel about all that stuff you talked to her about all this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely do. She knows, she knows the struggle, and she's supportive, man, Like, she's just patient and wonderful and she knows me, is really patient with me. But I've definitely tried to not let it leak out too much because it's like sucks for her to be with somebody that's like me. It is so hard all the time.
Speaker 2: You know, right, Yeah, Yeah, that's the thing that's when you're dealing with a partner, is you got to like, you know, you want somebody who you can lean on emotionally, but also you gotta you know, kind of step at the fuck up so that she's not dealing with that all the time. Right, Yeah, tell me about those fun things.
Speaker 1: Man. It's warm now, so I feel just more hopeful. In general, it's fun to be outside. I love doing muay thai, like I love boxing, MMA and shit like that. So I've been doing that time. That's fun beta I get into Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you recommend do you recommend that? Oh?
Speaker 1: Dude, it's the best muay thai, especially.
Speaker 4: Because it's like it's the perfect mix of like there's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Humility to it as it's very like you know, I don't know, there's not a lot of like Mato Bros.
Speaker 2: And the like can you get fucked up doing it? I like, I I want to do it. I want to do more like physical hobbies that will get you in better shape. But I just don't want to get like my nose broken.
Speaker 4: No, dude, that's a great thing about muy thai is like Okay, so I've gone to boxing gyms.
Speaker 1: I've gone to MMA gym where you just get the absolute shit beaten on you.
Speaker 4: It sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I'm like, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do that, right, you don't.
Speaker 1: It's not that. It's not like that, Like you can go to beginner classes and just learn the techniques and do do it. You're just doing it with a partner who's holding the pads. Like you're not hitting each other in the face, and the sparring is super light. It's like, you know, I s far every week and I don't get injured, Like I'll have bruises and ship, but I never leave being like, yeah I have a concussion or I just broke my nose. It's very light.
Speaker 2: Now, might do that? Howm I do that? All right? You're doing moy Thai? What else is going on? What if I do? What if I get into moy Thai and I just go ultra fucking Joe Rogan mode and like I'm only talking about martial arts on the podcast forever Now, I would be supportive, Okay, are you doing martial arts? Anything else fun going on?
Speaker 1: Definitely being able to spend time with my wife, just hang out with her. Work is fun, work is exciting, bicycling, going cycling, playing video games. Love playing video games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too. Video games have been to such a there's such a great solace, especially like if you have anxiety, you know, because video games have such a they're very clearly defined, you know, right clear, they have clear life is the opposite of a video game. It is it is there's no clear objectives, you know. So video games are great for kind of like let's exist in the universe where everything makes sense for a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt. Well it's actually interesting. Like so I'm a huge believer in yeah, like the power of gaming and community, and I'm so I've been trying to start this group therapy saying for gamers, like you know, probably people like you and me that have been gaming for a long time, and like, I don't know, a lot of my best friends are people that I just hang out with on discord. So I've been trying to get it going, but it's been hard to find people. I don't know, this is hard to get group going. But if anybody lives in Timothy and Once to do group therapy for gamers, I'm your guy.
Speaker 2: You know healthy gamer gig right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's the goat.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, I like a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: Samon. You said your name was yeah, Samon, this was a good talk man. You're you're You're respectable. You're a respectable guy. It's funny talking to a guy like you who's pretty much my age because you know, I don't know, I feel like I'm sixteen and I'm talking to you and you're you're like a real uh adult. I'm inspired by by your adultness. I'm going to try to incorporate some of that into my life as well.
Speaker 1: Well. I appreciate it. And can I say something to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course did.
Speaker 1: You would be an excellent therapist. And it's not that hard. I've heard you say, like we have to go to school for a million years. It's not that hard, you know.
Speaker 2: I sincerely I appreciate you saying that. I have to tell you something.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever in a million years become a real therapist. I have no desire to ever do that. I have no desire to ever do that. I like playing pretend therapist on the internet is fun. I like it. I have no desire to I'm never I am. I Am never going back to school ever again in my entire life for anything. I have nightmares, dude, where like I'll wake up, I'll like be dreaming that I forgot to do my fucking homework, and then I wake up and I'm like, oh, I never have to do anything ever again. You know, I have thought, No, I still wouldn't even do. I Like, in my head, I'm like, what if I became a life coach? And I'm like, it's a terrible that's terrible. It's so funny because I'm like, I'm sitting around in my I'm a sleep I'm like laying in bed on a sheetless mattress with fucking Dorito's all over my floor, and I'm like, I should be a life coach. No, I'm never gonna do either of those two things. But I appreciate you saying that I do. And I'm glad that you're a real therapist and and you sound like a very smart guy, and I'm glad that you're that you're doing it because it's hard, man, it sounds hard. It just would be too it would be too serious. You know, Like I can do whatever I want on this little little podcast, and I don't, you know, I don't I think having like a whole serious thing and being a although actually i'll say this. I'll say this, I would become a real therapist because it would be really funny, like to post a picture and it's like the therapy gecko became a real therapist. That would be very like I would do it as a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hey, life is a bit.
Speaker 2: Life kind of is a bit. But thanks for the kind words, Samon. Good luck to you, good luck to your family. Is there anything else that you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 1: You should go get an exorcism in Mexico?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, do you have a Do you have a thirty second long version of that story?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm counting.
Speaker 1: Okay. I went to Mexico on a meditation retreat. I went to this shaman off the beaten path that was not a part of the retreat. Did not expect this, but I had a full on exorcism and like the real everything, like everything you would think, and afterwards I was able to admit that I want to live and I want to be happy, and since then I haven't been suicidal, So whatever, was in me that wanted me to die. I was so afraid of life that wanted me to die. It's it's out of me.
Speaker 2: That's pretty ChIL Where'd you get that? Where? Where in Mexico? Is this.
Speaker 1: Teo tebloatan? I'm really sorry for anyone that knows how to fucking not be an idiot American that doesn't speak Spanish. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that near Mexico City?
Speaker 3: Close?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like a couple of hour drive.
Speaker 2: Interesting. What did you think any drugs or just you just like, you know stuff.
Speaker 1: Free balling it. No drugs. I haven't touched the drug you know. I don't have any like delusions, paranoid delusions anything like that. Like it was just a I don't know, man, it was weird. Did not expect it and like I was with you know, some friends, and they could hear me like screaming and like they heard it all it.
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Would you recommend other people do it?
Speaker 1: I would recommend Mmm. I don't know, dude, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I kind of want to try this now. I'm down. I'm at a point where now where I'm like, let me let's try some ship. Actually I'm I'm I'm I'm full of shit. I am still scared to do stuff. But maybe I will. Maybe I'll do exorcism. We're all just looking for answers. Someone fell into my lap.
Speaker 1: If it falls into your lap, go for it. But I don't know if you should go seek that experience.
Speaker 2: Thanks for calling, Simon, And you know, I'll uh, I'll see you. I'll see you in the afterlife.
Speaker 1: Maybe that sounds good man, Well chill, thank you, you do good stuff.
Speaker 2: Thanks man. I'm trying you too. Take care of brother.
Speaker 1: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: An exorcism in Mexico? I do that is you know. I We're all I'm looking for a short cut, right because I was saying to Sam and I'm like, where do I what am I gonna be able to just like how do I take all this anxiety and just like live like a normal person, you know? And uh, sometimes I hear stuff like that and I'm like, should I go to a fucking shaman in Mexico and get an exorcism? And it turns out all it turns out what I really need to do is like you know, like stop smoking weed, right, like you could like everything that you think you're gonna get from getting an exorcism from a shaman in Mexico. You could probably just do in your house. But I'm fine. Maybe I'm fucking wrong. What do I know? I don't know shit about anything. Maybe yeah, maybe I need to go to the shaman. Maybe I need to clean my room. Maybe both? Why not both? Why not clean your room and go to the shaman? Life's crazy? Hello? Hello, who is this?
Speaker 3: This is Jimmy.
Speaker 2: How can I get you today? Jimmy? What's going on? What would you like to talk about?
Speaker 3: So? I was hoping that I could get a little bit of advice maybe on a situation that I was in.
Speaker 2: Tell me.
Speaker 3: So I went, you know, there is this very nice person who I've been talking to, beautiful human being and everything like that, and I was hoping that I could maybe get a little bit of guidance as to where I should take my next step and where I should go next.
Speaker 2: Ahead.
Speaker 3: We've been chatting very very friendly human being and everything like that. And we had a nice little, uh, we had a nice little interaction at the Rainforest Cafe where we actually we had a nice little photo opportunity in front of the endangered exhibit that they have there. It was very nice. I got to watch the animatronic monkeys waving at me. It made me very happy.
Speaker 2: Wait, so what you, Jimmy, give me the full spectus scope here. You know what, So you met a woman at the Rainforest Cafe.
Speaker 3: Oh, I had known her beforehand, and we ended up meeting at the Rainforest Cafe.
Speaker 2: As it all right? You ended up meeting at the Rainforest Because does that mean you asked her on a date to the Rainforest Cafe or you you went to the Rainforest Cafe alone? You saw her at the Rainforest Cafe alone, and then you guys met.
Speaker 3: No, this this was a planned interaction.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I would necessarily say that it was a date, though I would say it was more of a planned interaction.
Speaker 2: If you're under why, Jimmy, why do you live? Why do you live? Life? In such cryptic terms, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Trying to be cryptic. I'm just saying I don't think you. I don't think that maybe necessarily I came across with the way that I needed to convey that met. You know what I'm saying, I don't think if.
Speaker 2: You're Jimmy, if you talk Jimmy, Jimmy, if you talk to this woman any way like you talk to me right now. The cryptic, the the failure of communication, of the nature of the meeting is one hundred percent on you.
Speaker 3: You know what. I think that you might be right there, because I think maybe I was a little bit too maybe because.
Speaker 2: The way you didn't even you say, I met this human being and we had an interaction at rainforest cafe. What does that fucking mean?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think you could.
Speaker 2: Have no no, no, no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 3: Afterwards, you could have here's what you.
Speaker 2: Here's what you could have. You could have sapt I met a woman and I asked her on a date to the Rainforest Cafe, and we went together to the Rainforest Cafe. Saying we had an interaction at the rainforest Cafe. That could mean a thousand different things.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fair, that's fair.
Speaker 2: Okay, Am I being reasonable right now?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, I think you're actually you're putting things in a way that I hadn't necessarily thought about them before. Okay, because I think that may have been one of my issues, is that I was coming off a bit See, my thing is that I don't want to come off a bit too strong. You know what I'm saying. I'm always I'm always a little bit too nervous to be like a little bit too uh to just like, hey, yo, what's you doing? What you what's you upty right now? And I just didn't want to come off with that type of vibe. I wanted to make it very friendly, very cordial, very still type time.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, I'm sorry. You know what, Jimmy, we got off on the wrong foot here. So let's start with this. How did you meet this woman? Initially?
Speaker 3: Uh so, we both are in the same uh F one historical card collecting community. Believe it or not.
Speaker 2: Off to a phenomenal start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we both collect a rare vintage Nini F one cards of people like one men, Will Fangio, Aria and Saracen, Senna, Michael Schumacher, everything like.
Speaker 2: Thatcher Michael, She oh, absolutely, I got amazing. That's amazing. I don't know who that is, but that's cool. What all right? So you met her at this F one card collecting thing and this is an in person.
Speaker 3: Group, uh so, this is this is an online thing. We just kind of noticed that we both had a very similar collection, and we both we both you know, it's not too often that you find, first of all, even Americans that like f one at all. It's a very rare thing. So when I found a woman, I was like, let's just make a casual conversation here. But that's the thing is, like she's in one card collecting community. There aren't a lot of those. I'm gonna be completely honest with you, a whole lot.
Speaker 2: Of Okay, so you so, so you met her, you meet here on discord, and she like, does she live in the same vicinity as you?
Speaker 3: She lives within like a six hour drive, I would say, all.
Speaker 2: Right, and so you met up at the Well, how did you phrase this? Do you were you like, let's hang out at the rainforest Cafe.
Speaker 3: Well, it was kind of a we were all at the same spot at the same time type deal. So it kind of worked out like that.
Speaker 2: Was this just you and her or you went with a group of people? Yea, So say, what did you say?
Speaker 3: It was just it was just me and her, just the.
Speaker 2: Two of us, all right, Okay.
Speaker 3: It was kind of one of those like our past we're kind of crossing at the same time. She was going this way, I was kind of going that way. And we were like, hey, look at how this is matched up? Why the situation?
Speaker 2: I feel like, I'm all right, you're at Rainforest Cafe with this woman, and are you sent are you sensing that she might like you? Is this? What? What? What's up?
Speaker 3: I think it was hard to tell because I mean I could definitely get the sense that she didn't not like you know what I mean, uh, Like, there was definitely it was definitely clear that like, this person did not hate my vibe, uh huh. But I also couldn't tell if they were just like heyo, this is a cool person, or like, ayo, I'm trying to like see what this person looks like shirtless, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Uh huh. Yeah. It's hard. It is hard. It's you know what's is. It's hard because no I understand that. I understand, like you know that in your brain, you're like, ah, she's the only woman in an all male dominated thing. She probably gets hit on all the time. But like what if she actually does like me? But also I don't want to, you know, be just another fucking guy hitting on her. If if I do. I understand the back of the the the back and forth of the brain in this situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, as as far as what to do about it, I don't know. I want to. I want to say to just be honest and be like, you know, hey, I like you. It's to we can still be friends, you know, even if you if you don't like me like that, it's totally cool. But I just thought I would. I'd be honest, but I'd put it out there, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is there anything wrong with that?
Speaker 3: Dude? That's what I'm thinking of doing too, because like I want to shoot the shot. I'm very much in shooting your shot, but also like I do not want to make things weird afterwards. But that would be the you know what I mean, because I know I can be like cool about it and I'll just be like whatever, it's cool. It's like if it don't land. But I'm just saying I don't want to be weird about it, you know what I mean, Because I know that there's a whole lot of dudes out there in the F one card collecting community. They got cooler cards than me, and they can shoot their shot at any time. So I'm just saying I want to make sure that, like I kind of protect myself here, but I also understand that, like, there's a whole bunch of other dudes who are trying to do the same thing. And I'm not trying to look like a whole you know, I'm not like trying to look like the other I'm not trying to look like every other dude. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You're afraid that some guy with you know, even cooler F one cards will swoop in. I know, Yeah, that's so funny.
Speaker 3: Even cooler ones.
Speaker 2: I think, you know what I you know, I I don't know. My gut feeling is telling me that, you know, there's a way to go about this that uh is like, hey, throwing this vibe out here. If if if if there's no interest, totally fine, no worries. We can stay. We're not We're not gonna make it weird. We can still be friends, we can still hang out in the community. It's not gonna be a whole fucking thing, you know. It's chill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go for it. You know, I think I think I might do that. I do it right after I hang up with you here today, and then I'll let you know how it goes.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, go ahead, go ahead. Why is ever I see f one all of it. I'm not It's racing, right, yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know like the little cars they go room room.
Speaker 2: Yeah I know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You ever been to a race before?
Speaker 2: No, it sounds horribly boring.
Speaker 3: Nah, it's awesome, my friend. I will tell you what. You ever get the chance in one of your travels to just come across an auto race just maybe sneak in there for a second. They might even let you into the car.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want I don't. I don't like doing Like I'm not interested in thrills, you know what I mean? Like, I don't. I have no interest in you know, skydiving or race car driving or bungee jumping. I'm not a big thrill guy. I don't want to. You know, life is too precious.
Speaker 3: I understand. I understand. Sometimes you gotta live a little bit on the edge. You know that. Sometimes That's how I find the greatest pleasures in life, is when you just get a little bit too close to that danger and then you say, okay, here we go baby.
Speaker 2: So then I say to you, Jimmy, live a little bit on the edge and ask this girl out and be don't just use real words. Don't say I would like to have an interaction with you.
Speaker 3: You know you don't want to just speak in like a poem like I did earlier.
Speaker 2: No, don't ever do that to anyone ever again.
Speaker 3: All right, I will only use at the most three hikups. I promised.
Speaker 2: What did you get at Rainforest Cafe? I'm curious? Did you get the volcano where they bring it out and they yell volcano?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't get the volcano. I got this like chicken gumbo thing. I don't know why I made it. It was a bad decision, underwhelming to say the least.
Speaker 2: Dude, I haven't been the Rainforest cap I'm gonna I'm gonna go. I haven't been to Rainforest Cafe since being an adult that could actually pay for the meal himself. I'm gonna go, and I'm gonna get some shit.
Speaker 3: Dude. It's uh, it's an experience. I'm gonna recommend you know, if you can, If you can go to one, don't. Maybe So I went to the one in the Atlantic City like a couple of weeks ago, and uh, I gotta admit, the whole boardwalk just looks awful right now. So maybe don't go to that one. That one's not the best.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm not gonna show up in the get Go sit or else people will think I work there and ask me where the bathroom is. Uh, take care of Jimmy. God bless you and good luck.
Speaker 3: Ye thank you for the call. I appreciate it. I have a great rest of your night.
Speaker 2: Now I'm hungry for Rainforest Cafe.
Speaker 3: Never be Ken goes on the line taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 2: Never Beacon goes doing his hide.
Speaker 3: He's teaching you a loud in the month of your life, but he's not really an expert.