Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Find your local station for Covino.
Speaker 2: Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 2: Hey heck, allright, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey hey, it's Covino and Rich, Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Spotty's on the video so you can watch what you hear.
Speaker 2: And if you don't want to watch us, that's fine, you can watch Monzi.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 2: Guys, we're just using you to get some viewers. Manci, I hope you don't mind.
Speaker 1: I don't mind it at all. Going think these guys care about me and Rich. They don't.
Speaker 2: But Manzi's here, and of course speaking of sexy big Sexy Ryan.
Speaker 1: That's right, Baby, Papa Bears here, Hi, Mancy, Hi Ryan, Papa Bear.
Speaker 2: Actually Papa Bear is here on the Onesie TUESA. Of course, super producer Danny g. You have to address Hi only as Papa be right.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the whole day.
Speaker 2: Die. Let's rock out into this Taco Tuesday. I hope your night was better than Aaron Rodgers night. Hope your day's going better than his. And congrats to the Texans man.
Speaker 1: What a wallop.
Speaker 2: As I said earlier to you, Rich, it was a really close game until it wasn't. It's like the wheels fell off and it got really ugly in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: You're like, feel like, what the hell happened? I feel like in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: Not to sound gross, but if you dipped away to take a little bathroom break and you're sitting there a little long, you were doing the ball scroll, you might have came back to a completely different game. Yeah, way, this is this is close, man, give a seven to six, all right, ten to six?
Speaker 1: They were a touchdown, they win it, and then you.
Speaker 2: Blink your eyes thirty six, you know, go read your kid a bedtime.
Speaker 1: Story, go back to the living room, and it's thirty to six.
Speaker 2: So between Rogers and Tomlin and your boy Warners in the news, plus Showboy Mahomes is stopping by, and we got some trivia, we got prizes. There's a lot to get to, so let's get into it. We're broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. So if you miss any of today's show, you want to catch the podcast, just search Covino and Rich where we get your podcasts, and after the show, the podcast goes up. Every day. We have a best of the day and a Best of the week on Saturdays. Rate it five stars because anything less is uncivilized. But we really suggest you watch what you hear. We do it live and there's a live chat and it's popping already. Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. Join the fun Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube now And by the way, shout outs, can we all agree that Sheldon Rankins, well, that dude picked up the ball randomly. It was just like I'm gonna run for a touchdown. I thought that was awesome. That's that's the big guy, the big dude.
Speaker 1: Any time a big boys chugging.
Speaker 3: Out of respect.
Speaker 1: I just looked up his name because I was going to say, remember when the.
Speaker 3: Big fella, because everyone knows what big fella.
Speaker 2: Sheldon Rankins, And he got love after the game in the post game as well.
Speaker 1: But I gotta s he's a big man.
Speaker 2: And because in that moment when Rogers got popped and his helmet looked like it mangled his head in slow motion.
Speaker 1: That looked brutal.
Speaker 2: When that ball goes to the ground, you assume big dudes are gonna fall on the ball. That guy just reach his hand down like, well there's the ball. Well it's a risk to move. You're taught to fall on the ball. Yeah, but he did not, and it worked out went down favor. Yeah, he saw an opening, went for it. That's a huge drill for a big fellow like that. So yeah, it was a really close game. It seemed like, tell your boy Danny G.
Speaker 1: CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud was was giving them the game, keeping them minute. You got to give props to their defense. Texans defense continues to carry them and that's why they're the hottest team in the NFL ten in a row now, right, So man, you really got to take them serious moving forward because they turned it around. You thought it was close, but it really really was it. When he stepped out.
Speaker 5: You could tell that the Steelers offense was gassed there.
Speaker 1: At the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: It was so embarrassing at them. I'm though, you know, offensive line specialist. You know, I'm not a Kyle Shanahan of sorts, but I mean that offensive line for Pittsburgh was either collapsing or the running backs were taking weird angles. I feel like every running attempt, you know, when Aaron Rodgers, you know, every offensive pocket was collapsing on Rogers, there wasn't a lot he could do.
Speaker 6: Go.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is we all know that even if the running game's not working, you have to run the ball once in a while just to keep the defense on their toes. Like you can't just say we're abandoning the run. But even on those runs where you're like maybe we'll get to and it'll be second and eight, it's second and eleven or second and twelve. Like the running back was hitting the backfield every time, every time.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna call this the.
Speaker 2: Rich loses in Vegas all the time theoryty theory.
Speaker 1: I need to work.
Speaker 2: I know we got to talk about Tomlin and Aaron Rodgers, but I just thought of this, So let me kick it with this thought. Can't get when we're in Vegas. What happened the other day? We're in Vegas for I to talk.
Speaker 1: About that on the radio. Nothing happened? Oh? Or did it?
Speaker 3: I'm kidding?
Speaker 1: So I think I put up.
Speaker 2: Uh you know a couple couple bucks. I play roulette. It's a terrible choice of game. I love it because I love to play, like my kid's birthday is my favorite player's jersey numbers. And once in a blue moon you throw ten bucks on Red sixteen and you're like three hundred and sixty bucks. But then most of the time I just blow one hundred dollars in five minutes. So I'm playing Roulette and I come in. I look up at the board. There's been about fifteen reds in a row. And then I'm like, what did Wesley Snipes always teach?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 1: Always been on black? Right there? I go, see you got some black friends, now, didn't you? Didn't you?
Speaker 3: I said, you know what it's been like, Red has hit.
Speaker 1: A million times.
Speaker 2: You gotta you gotta bet on black because it's bound to happen. And there's two things in the playoffs that I think we're gonna watch it happen and unfurl an unfold Divisional Weekend Number one is we saw C. J. Stroud have his blunder of a game last night that will not happen again. He're still talking smacking lucky. They're just lucky that they played a terrible opponent in a team that shouldn't have even been there in the Steelers, right, I mean they outclassed them.
Speaker 1: They were at one point if you remember, they should have been there. They got there. Come on, I know.
Speaker 2: But Danny, the Texans were three and five, busted out nine in a row.
Speaker 5: You didn't say that about the Chargers. You didn't say they shouldn't have been there.
Speaker 1: They the Chargers.
Speaker 2: But I think last night the Texans had their stinker and they still clobbered the Steelers, like even at their worst, they clobbered them. There was nothing very impressive thirty points. If you didn't watch that game, you'd probably think something different. But as Kivino and I was saying, fourth quarter that game seven six, ten six, a snore fest, and then it just got out of control, I think they tightened up the ship. I think New England's in trouble next week because I think Houston will not allow two games like that in a row. So I think number one Houston's ringing it as a three point underdog. I think you go Houston heavy next week. And my other thought, and this benefits me, Dan Byer in the hall, you know what he said, to me, I don't want to look at you because he's a Seahawks.
Speaker 1: I go, damn, he goes out here. I don't want to ug at you.
Speaker 5: He said, your run ends here.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did so, I said, you know, Sam Donald, don't we feel like he's due for a stinker. Sam Donald's been known every so often he has a game where he's exposed, makes some mistakes, ill advised throws, but he's been pretty consistently solid. I think Sam Donald or he dies by the stork for a stinker, and for some reason, I think it happens in this high pressure playoff game, Mike McDonald's first game as a head coach in the playoffs. I feel like Donald's gonna have a stinker. And the Texans got their stinker right of the way. So based on my roulette theory, it's not gonna happen again. It's patterns, patterns. I think you need to work out this theory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if I agree with your here are you here?
Speaker 8: I'm trying to figure out how long Sam Donald hasn't been great to end the season.
Speaker 1: I just feel like something's bound to give.
Speaker 2: I want you that what you're saying, I want you to note this moment because Danny G isolate this last thirty seconds and come Monday, I want everyone to be like man Rich, You're in the money.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is bet on black. Bet on black, all right?
Speaker 3: Betting? Who are you, Rob Barker now betting?
Speaker 2: I told you all season betting on black would mean Houston doesn't have two stinkers in a row. They just happened to escape against a team that was overmatched and the Niners injured but inspired, playing with house money against a team that is I feel like is due for a little bit of a stink.
Speaker 1: I agree with.
Speaker 2: You on the Texans, and I think Danny G hit it. It was close, but what we saw was the defense breaking down that offensive line and breaking down that offense, and at the end they had nothing left. It's like a prize fight, right where the guys just work in the body, work in the body, working the body, and all of a sudden you see that that dude's gassed by the eighth round because he's getting punched into ribs. He's getting liver punched all night long. You know, by the end of the game, by the fourth quarter, Steelers had nothing and that was it. That's exactly what happened. So that defense is vicious, bro, So I'm with you on that all the way. The Texans are good even at their worst, So congrats to them.
Speaker 5: Don't think that Drake may can't pull the ball down and run a little bit though, right because you saw in the fourth quarter Aaron Rodgers had all that field in front of him and he threw an incomplete pass. He could have ran the ball twenty twenty two yards but he didn't.
Speaker 1: But he couldn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thirty two year old Aaron Rodgers would have ran that ball absolutely.
Speaker 2: You know what I thought about that When I saw Aaron Rodgers hugging some of these young dudes at the end of the game, there's got to be like a conscious and subconscious sentiment of like, yeah, like ten years ago, you were the man, sir, like you know, like I wish I.
Speaker 8: Knew you and I was young, but everyone waited to say something to him.
Speaker 2: When like the Texans were hugging him, they were probably in their mind thinking, like, yo, man, like when I was a kid, you were good, you know, like that That was probably the sentiment because it's like they respect him so much. But yeah, you could tell lesson him. It wasn't he was on him though, it really wasn't. I mean, they were letting him through. He only got clobbered because well he couldn't really get out of that pocket, but because they were gassed, the line was gassed and they couldn't protect him anymore. And you're talking about stinkers, Rich, that was the definition of a stinker, watching him get sacked like that, watching him get hit like that, having to get up like that, And I'm just wondering if that might be the weakest eggit we've ever seen. And I hate to dump on it and pour salt in the wound because I really don't want to. No one wants to see that. I was rooting for Aaron Rodgers. Now I'm not hating. I'm just stating, but do you come back if that's the lasting image or is that just the end of it?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: How do you go out like that?
Speaker 2: I mean, if he were to ever listen to Cypress Hill, you know you can't go.
Speaker 1: Out like that.
Speaker 2: We ain't going out go it, dude, I mean, but then again, that's just the writing on the wall. What could you do with sports Father Times Undefeated as they say, and there's honor in the fight, and he fought with honor. But you can't get shoved out of bounce like that. That might be the biggest stinkeroo that ever.
Speaker 5: Was rich And then Rudolph goes in and he's just standing there on the side.
Speaker 1: I don't want to remember him like that. Well, do you know what?
Speaker 2: Here's where we're the most interactive show on all networks eight seven, seven nine nine on Fox. The YouTube chat is going strong. Sometimes you just don't have that choice of how you remember. And that's that's just life. What's that is the weakest farewell that you could remember in sports? I got these televisions any like visually, I don't think you could top mind. I'm serious, the weakest farewells. Let's take your feedback. And by the way, I'm high on the Texans right now. So let me let you know according to DraftKings and all our sites, right yeah, Seahawks of the odds on face to win the Super Bowl Super Bowl odds right now of the eight remaining teams, number six Houston Texans at plus eight to fifty. I feel like there's a value there only because I think they have the goods like the Niners are the longest long shot of the eight teams.
Speaker 1: And I'm a realist as a Niners fan. Even if they slip.
Speaker 2: By their rival opponent, their division opponent this weekend and then they got to play the Bears at the Seahawks, then they would have to go play some stacked AFC team.
Speaker 1: I'm a realist. It doesn't look good.
Speaker 2: But the Texans at plus eight fifty, I'm I'm I'm a fan.
Speaker 3: I like that team.
Speaker 2: They're fun and last night they played like asd and still the one because their defense is so good it should be interesting.
Speaker 3: It was all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You don't think your boys, c J. Stroud can lift up the Lombardi.
Speaker 2: You know, Danny doesn't look dudes, anybody seasoned and as a fight fan, does a look great at times. I have an answer to your question as I look at the matchups. That's why I love the NFL, and that's why I feel almost fortunate to not have a team, because I'm able to watch unbiased as a fan, just for the matchups. Bill's Broncos, Niner, Seahawks, Texans, Pats, Rams, Bears all great. That's better than Tiafimo Stevenson. That's better than Ryan Garcia, Mario Marios. These are great matchups. That's what excites me, the matchups. You could say that these matchups next week, we're better than the ones we just watched. I think we're in for some really great games next week. We're gonna get you hyped about it. But you asked about or you were talking about Stinkaroos and bad exits and Aaron Rodgers and how hard that was to watch, right, Well, what comes to mind, Well, what comes to mind as a fight fan, and that's why I was talking about the matchups is I'll never forget Bernard Hopkins. He was sort of like an ageless wonder. Remember they called him the alien because he was doing things that we've never seen before. He's like not of this earth, Like how is he still fighting? Well, I remember Bernard Hopkins got in the ring one too many times and he fought this guy named Joe Smith.
Speaker 1: And Joe Smith wasn't like a known dude.
Speaker 2: And he's fighting Bernard Hopkins and you're like, man, Bernard Hopkins crazy. He's got to win this because this might be his last fight. I think he had lost the previous fight. In fact, I'm pretty sure he lost to who do you lose to one of those Russian dudes? But anyway, if I think it was Drago, and I remember this dude Joe Smith in like the eighth round fighting a legend, Bernard Hopkins the executioner, now the alien. He knocks him out the ring like the video game Ring King. He goes flying through the ropes on to the floor, and that was the end and lasting image of Bernard Hopkins in the ring. He's a great promoter, he's a great, great face for boxing. I love him, but the last memory of him in the ring is getting knocked out of the ring by like a right hook. How embarrassing is I mean, he came back the ring like a WWE moment. He came back for some exhibition fights. But I always hated when Mike Tyson fought some nobody and at the end of the fight don't.
Speaker 1: Have the fighting guy thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he gave up and he said that phrase, I just don't have the fighting guts, have the fighting guard. And he said he does it for the money because he needs to support his kids. And I remember feeling like, oh man, the most vicious dude of our life Mike Tyson. But dude, you remember the video game ring King, or were you like a punch out guy if you got hit with an uppercut in the video game ranking you went flying after and you flew He flew out the ring. That was his last moment. That's what I'm saying. Like, the first time I ever heard this, hold on again, it was a three pointer in Double Dribble. No, that's you getting excited for the games next week when I see Fred Water practicing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was actually more about.
Speaker 3: Pause.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, the first time I heard this, it was a morbid thought.
Speaker 2: I remember when my grandpa died, my pop Pop good Man, right, grandpay passed away.
Speaker 1: They didn't want me to go to the funeral.
Speaker 2: I was a teenager, but they're like, nah, no, we don't want you to see your grandfather like that.
Speaker 1: Remember him how he was.
Speaker 2: And that was like the first time I had that thought, Like, yeah, like, you want to remember someone at their best, you know, not not at their worst, especially as a young kid like that.
Speaker 1: Right, you want to remember Aaron Rogers.
Speaker 2: One of the goats, the greats of all time, being clobbered in the head like that, throwing desperate passes getting picked off, losing like that in the fourth quarter in a big playoff game. Dude, that was straight up embarrassing. And like I said, there's nothing you could do about it. And I'm not trying to to like add to it, right, but it was what it was. So the question is, well, there's a two part question. Does he come back? I say absolutely not, absolutely not, And unfortunately that's it. So yeah, but was that the weakest exit? Well, did you remember before Tom Brady came back and won a Super Bowl and then had a great even his last game when the Bucks got eliminated, he had a great playoff game. But you remember when we thought he might retire after the Patriots a pick six in the postseason to lose a game. Was how he couldn't stomach it. That's why part of the reason he said he came back at that time.
Speaker 1: Right, this is the opposite of John Lway.
Speaker 2: Like you could say John Elway had the greatest exit, right, Aaron Rodgers for his career. First of all, you have to have a legendary career to even be in this conversation. So props, again, I'm not trying to be mean, None of us are trying to be mean about it. We all watched this last night, rooting for the dude. When you have a legendary career that he had twenty something years in the NFL, the old guy, You're rooting for him and you go out like that.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, dude, does it go away with time? We're in the moment right now.
Speaker 5: I mean Rich, Yeah, Rich doesn't remember Jerry Rice in a Seahawks uniform.
Speaker 2: True, yeah, it's forgotten. I heard other people talking about that. Someone I think might have been Dan Patrick. I forgot who I was listening to, but something about like, no one remembers Dan Marino's like last game. What a stinker that ony? I mean, people have stinkers, You don't. It's on our conscious radar right now. It's prisoner of the moment.
Speaker 5: We do live in a different world right now. Back then, with Marino, there was no social YouTube TikTok all that to keep reminding everybody that clips didn't.
Speaker 2: Live as as prominent as they do right now. And I just think, yeah, that's it's just an unfortunate way to go out. And I guess maybe how about to soften the blow, we just bring up other ones like Hey, you're not the only one Rogers.
Speaker 1: You don't get to choose how you go out. Sometimes.
Speaker 2: There was one this year that had all the ingredients for ultimate saidness and disappointment, and it ended up working out. I remember, I'm not even a fan. I was on the edge of my seat with a nervous stomach for Clayton Kershaw that inning when he came in, I became a Dodgers fan for a minute because I'm like, please let this guy go out on this high note. They bring him in a high leverage situation, bases juice, if I remember, and it's like, we're going to Kershaw, We're bringing in the left, and I remember thinking, when it was a full count, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, don't walk a guy, please, don't want.
Speaker 2: You're messing with the game, but you're messing with the storyline of this guy's career. When he got out of that and they panned to his family, I shed a little bit of a tear. I believe that was a moment that you pray for. But that was not Aaron Rodgers story last night. Now, Aaron Rodgers know what I said, Danny. I hit up Covino at the end of the game, after it seemed out of reach. I go, maybe Aaron Rodgers has one like two minute drill drive. He throws one more touchdown and it's sort of like they lose the game, but hey, you got one more little glimpse of moving the ball downfield. Nope, Nope, that's just not how a bad lasting image bad exits in the fight game. It happens that way alive, dumb quick, because people stick around way too long they don't know when to quit.
Speaker 1: And maybe that's the case here.
Speaker 2: I don't think that is the case because I mean, Aaron Rodgers, they went ten and seven. I have a great It's just they went up against a really tough defense and it made them look bad.
Speaker 1: I said, it's a dumb question and a great question. Why not both.
Speaker 2: I want everyone in the room to be honest with themselves. Have you ever thought about the last time you were intimate with somebody?
Speaker 3: You know you're going to say that, and.
Speaker 2: Like you wonder, like like you might have dated someone for a long time, you got to give them one last like almost like if the last time you were with someone was really good, you could almost walk away being like I she'll remember versus it was like awkward, like bad makeup sex and it was bad. The relationship is over. You're like, oh, I don't want her.
Speaker 1: To remember that. That was weak. Oh yeah, like a lot. What you're talking about, play boy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ryan's like I only deliver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pizza. Try to call him big Papa. What's his name? Mansi? Ryan Rich?
Speaker 5: Something that was noticeable at the end of the game and Brenda watch the Ravens game with me the week prior. Have you ever seen a crowd in a moment and a player and a coach celebrate with their fans, And then one week later it was like that that scene that we saw, like they were so joyous that remember that the camera kept panning on the fans celebrating and Tomlin. Tomlin did his beating on the chest and we were like, oh my god, Aaron Rodgers got some magic left. And then to go from that to this in one week.
Speaker 2: To make it even worse. At his home game, they were chanting for him to retire. How embarrassing is that? Like, it's not how legends should go out. That's why, please please don't think we're piling on.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: They were booing him, telling him to retire. You know, even after the game it got even uglier. And that's what Tomlin has been going through there in Pittsburgh. But it's not like Aaron Rodgers handled it with like a smirk and like, hey, what are you gonna do? I gave it my all. He was angry, it was bitter, it was sad, it was ugly. It's uh and that's sports, and that's why we love it. It's it's it's drama. But legends in our in our minds, legends aren't supposed to go out that way.
Speaker 1: It's it's not just it's not just players.
Speaker 2: It's sometimes a legendary coach like Bill Belichick right now is his final chapter? We remember like like some mediocre week UNC campaign in college?
Speaker 1: Is that that's another one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that where I.
Speaker 2: Feel like that's not completely written? U. Now, this guy, this guy paved the way for everyone, including us in this room. So this is not trash talking. But sometimes I look at Howard Stern type and he was the king of all media, no one cooler. He was like, like we're talking the face of radio, Like how it's Starned made radio. Kave on meete for a reason. He had the number one movie at one point, the number one soundtrack, the number one radio show. He was number one in every media platform that was available. On the factime, you could argue that our longevity as serious sexem only was because he joined that company and made it what it was. And just for anyone who's new to us. Side note, as a as a teenager, I was working at ky Rock, New York, so I was able to witness the megastartom of what this dude did for radio.
Speaker 1: So I worked with those dudes on my come up.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying he's on his way out, but I doubt he loves the fact that he watched the world of podcasting swoop in and sort of replace his appened around that, right, Like yeah, why I always said that Letterman and guys like that dipped out at the right time because they realized they were legends. But there's beauty in that, right And you know, you question guys like Barry Sanders or whoever called it quits earlier than we had thought, and you say, well, hey, they went on their terms.
Speaker 1: So other examples we gave you.
Speaker 2: Bernard Hopkins lick it up, by the way, because I know it sounds unbelievable. The guy went flying through the ring, off out of the ring, got airtime out of the ring. I think your your description is gonna be better than the actual video.
Speaker 1: So I'm just gonna.
Speaker 2: Dude, he like high jumped out of the ring. Well, listen, we got more, Covino on Rich your examples. I see the phones are hot. So let's go eight seven, seven, nine nine on Fox. The the worst farewells in sports and entertainment, worst exit. And we'll talk a little Tomlin, a little coaching, a little like where where does this guy go next? We'll talk about all that. I promise you, Covino on Rich more next. Now, DraftKings sports Book, the number one sports book for live betting, is turning up the stakes for every DraftKings customer, with over two point five million in prizes up for grabs every Sunday during NFL playoffs. So you got your money on the Texans or what I see? I am a fan of what's going on in Houston. I feel like yesterday was their stinker and they still whooped the Pittsburgh So yes, I do like Houston. This weekend, open the DraftKings Sportsbook app and opt in place a live bet for one dollar or more on Sunday's NFL playoff games, and every live bet means another chance to win. Place the live bet and stack your entries all Sunday long. Download the Draftking sports Book gap right now and use code see our show. Bet live for your share of two point five million in prizes with code see our show. In partnership with DraftKings.
Speaker 9: The Crown is yours gambling problem. Call one eight hundred Gambler New York Call eight seven seven eight hope in Why, or text hope and Why Connecticut call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org on behalf of Boothill Casino in Kansas. Wager tax passed through may apply in Illinois. Twenty one plus in most states, void in Ontario. Restrictions apply. No purchase necessary. Three sweep stakes with separate opt ins, minimum odds minus five hundred prizes either bonus bets that expire in seven days or single use profit boost See official rules at DCASG dot co slash Live millions for entry period and free method of entry sponsored by Crown Gaming Inc.
Speaker 1: We Ain't going out like that. We ain't going out like that.
Speaker 5: Scooby Do.
Speaker 1: Scooby Doo, Scoopy Scooby Doo.
Speaker 2: The more and more I think about this, I know I'm making it overly dramatic, but this is Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: I do love did Aaron rodd twenty one years in the league.
Speaker 2: I know you say, people don't remember about our buddy Mouser hit us up, who is a big Dolphins fan. He goes, yeah, I remember Dan Marina losing like sixty to seven in his last game, and then they got stomped in the playoffs and it was embarrassing for a guy like Dan Marine. Does that hurt his legacy? The answer is no, it does not. But Danny G's right, those highlights don't live the way these living. And Dan Reno is not as hateable in my opinion or deviceive as Aaron Rodgers is. So people want to lean into that, like, look at it, I'm getting clobbered.
Speaker 1: Dude is an ace Ventura.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Aaron Rodgers, I think Garner's a different level of criticism twenty one years in the league.
Speaker 1: Put it in perspective.
Speaker 2: Rich ready, you and I started this show Cavino and Rich actually in four, but really an O five at the end of four. Right, that's when Aaron Rodgers football career started in two thousand and five. So imagine playing all this time and your last show is a stinker.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, like that's his last game.
Speaker 5: Everything was off kilter. You two kept stepping on top of each other. You had a big guest halfway through it disconnected on the phone or or someone comes.
Speaker 1: In and clobbers us on the head and everyone sees it.
Speaker 2: You know, like I get it, it's sports, but no one wants to go out that way. You want to go out like John Elway. You want to go out like like Scarface and half baked.
Speaker 1: If you, if you, if you, you're cool, if you are out.
Speaker 2: You want to go out on your own terms and when you're a legend like that. Yeah, this is rare, and it doesn't have to be like you're you're hoisted off, like you're rudy or something. But it shouldn't also be like this. This is like what movies are made oft like like a sort of like Shakespearean in a way, like he went down bad last night, big big sexy run. I know you're a wrestling fan, right, yes I am. How'd you feel about that the John CENAF Fairs.
Speaker 5: It was horrible.
Speaker 1: A guy who says he's never gonna give up, don't quit, YadA, YadA YadA. What happens He gives up?
Speaker 2: But is it there irony? Irony in that I know fans were sort of split on that. I know it's sports entertainment, but that's it kind.
Speaker 3: Of kills the character for me.
Speaker 2: You know, I'd expect him to like win, but what they should have done is have him just pass out because he would not give up.
Speaker 1: I heard he's gonna be the new Ernest p Worrel. Is that true?
Speaker 2: He doesn't go the day Christmas? Listen, we are live for the Fox Sports Radio Studio. A reminder your next success could begin cert of than you think. Apply now and say with no application fee through February eleventh.
Speaker 3: University of Maryland Global.
Speaker 2: Campus this new year, but your goals within reach and an accredited state university. Learn more at um GC dot d you and have you ever wiped with a piece of dry toilet paper and wondered? Is this as good as it gets? Let's not switch to life changing wet extra large flushable dude wipe. You can't use them Moncey, they're dude wipes because Wedter Just Clean's better. Available at Amazon and at major retailers nationwide. Dudewipes best clean pants down just kidding you could use him.
Speaker 8: I actually have because I think my mom accidentally bought dudewipes.
Speaker 1: Due right, they are right. I was like, all right, well at.
Speaker 8: This smells good.
Speaker 2: Miche stick around for Moncey's update. We got Papa Bear here, we got Danny g on the phones at eighty seven seven ninety nine on Fox. Of course, we're gonna get to tom when I put him in his career and Rogers sort of well together Givino when I said it from the minute we woke up this morning, Danny, it's been Tomalin Tom and Tomalin Tomlin. We'll get to it, but I figure let's kick our show off with Aaron Rodgers in a little different twist, because yeah, when it.
Speaker 5: Comes to Aaron Rodgers, you too can't help yourself.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say I was a little tomlined out, but now I'm ready to dive in. But let's say hi to Syracuse and Tim. What's up Timmy, Tim, gentlemen.
Speaker 6: High first time caller. I'll try to make this quick. You know, I'm calling about the Steelers and I'm not even a Steeler fan. But my point is this, First of all, the OC, uh, you know, what are you doing? You know, I know you're only giving the players you have, and that reflects on what the GM. So Metcalf is your best player and you had to buy him, so you don't draft well. And then the OC makes these crazy calls, for example, sprint out Rogers knowing they're not expecting the runs. Simple things, but you know, they don't continue it, and and I don't, you know, I kind of want to feel bad for Tomlin, but at the end of the day, he allowed all those terrible calls and Metcalf's a pain in the neck and I know this, but I just think that there's a lot more to it with the OC and the GM, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be wild in the It's not all on Rogers, It's not all on Tomlin.
Speaker 1: But Arthur Smith is their OC.
Speaker 2: By the way, them together collectively, man put out a stinker roo last night in the fourth quarter, and.
Speaker 5: They did kind of they it did seem that they were out schemed. And I talked to a longtime Steeler's friend of mine this morning, and he said, I love Tomlin because he's kind of like Imano, you know, he's he's like a man's man, and he has the vibe of my team will just punch your team in the mouth. He said, But what Ben Johnson is proving in Chicago's you could be both tough and smart. And he said, I want a young and upcoming offensive mind that can scheme with you know, the best of them.
Speaker 2: And that's sort of a question. I think we're gonna get to a little bit. But let's say one more from Trip in Vegas and we'll go to Monsie for an update.
Speaker 1: What's up, Trip? How are you man?
Speaker 4: I'm good? Comment a question and a couple of examples of the comment is Monsi's always looking good in the twenty year anniversary shirt. And then, uh, my question is for Rich was it a nervous stomach or a tummy ache?
Speaker 2: I know that Tommy ache tummy a tummy.
Speaker 4: And then my examples were not legacy, they're just bad Trewell's nameless got bench. And then I didn't like seeing Muhammad Ali getting knocked out or not knocked out, would beat by Trevor Burbert. And then Nanny Ramirez. Where did he go? He just got lost?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, he did get lost in the time.
Speaker 1: About Robbie Cano, dude, that's a pretty tragic sort of end. He was playing for the SpongeBob Square Pan League.
Speaker 2: That was that was Actually he had a he had a great season in Mexico U was.
Speaker 1: It was last year.
Speaker 2: But the ultimate, still, the ultimate, like embarrassing moment, was when Robbie Cano you saw him in that like minor league. It was SpongeBob night, and here he is a guy that you know at one point like one of the one.
Speaker 1: Of the great were a SpongeBob shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, you know steroids, minor leagues, not the eggs that you wanted. And then there's so many ways to think about this, and again it's just life. Guys were speculating. Who knows how your story's gonna end, And I'm not talking about your life, I'm talking about your career. We don't know, So I'm not trying to be mean, but it's like it makes me think of like Roseanne and how criticized that guy. When Roseanne was everyone loved her and then all a sudden the last now she's like, uh, you know the right wing people, you know the first when the first series ended, wasn't it all the dream? And people are like, wait a second, So the whole storyline was a stupid dream she had. That's how the show ended, right of course. And then on the comeback of the show she got swept off.
Speaker 1: So weak, the weakest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, let's let's let's hope that doesn't happen to any of you. All right, Manzi, what's going on? Give us a little update, pal, guys.
Speaker 5: Aaron Rodgers is coming back next year.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't know power where ye like, but it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: The more I let the simmer, I think about how he made it worse by how he acted at the end, and how you have.
Speaker 1: To come back. You have to come back.
Speaker 3: Also blame Philip Rivers, because the Philip Rivers.
Speaker 8: Came off the couch. He's probably like, if you're gonna call me off the couch in week eight, nine, ten, I might as well just play.
Speaker 1: I think he's playing another year.
Speaker 8: Even though I thought that before the bad ending it was about it didn't end on a pick six?
Speaker 3: Wasn't that his last throw?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He can't. And then then he missed the guy trying to push him out of bounce.
Speaker 5: Callice really ended with him getting shoved down the round.
Speaker 1: He really tried though, at least he tried.
Speaker 3: He went out there.
Speaker 9: He tried.
Speaker 2: You know what if it was his last hurrah, Yeah, that's the reaction I think we would have gotten, like, hey, guys, I get hey man, I came back from a band injury. We made the playoffs. I gave it everything. I could smirk a little bit, shrug. He was too angry to not come back. I love the shot he gave it the Jets, though, He goes, I've had the otto play for two great organizations.
Speaker 3: Yes he did, Yes he did.
Speaker 1: He didnew what he was saying.
Speaker 8: All right, Well, Aaron Rodgers, we don't know if he's going to return to the Steelers. We do know Mike Tomlin is not returning to the Steelers. He stepped down today after nineteen seasons, but all winning seasons.
Speaker 3: So good for him on that.
Speaker 8: Eagles so far, offensive coordinator Kevin Patulo after one season, so Philadelphia is looking for their fifth offensive coordinator in five years. ESPN reports at Marcus Freeman still expected to remain at Notre Dame for the twenty twenty six season, and there's a lot of rumors that NFL teams are trying to get him to cross to the dark side.
Speaker 1: Apparently he's gonna stay.
Speaker 8: Chargers of Fart offensive coordinator Greg Rowman and offensive lineman coach Mike Devlin. Brian Dable, former Giants coach, is going to interview for the Titaness head coaching job on Friday, while today the Ravens completed an interview with Vikings defensive coordinator Brian Flores for their head coaching vacancy. When it comes to the NBA, ESPN reports at Anthony Davis is likely to undergo surgery to repair ligament damage in his left hand and miss several months, but ad tweeted, quote, y'all better stop listening to all these lies on these apps.
Speaker 3: Anthony Davis tweeted that after.
Speaker 8: The news came out that he's apparently done for several months. Lakers stars Lebron James and Luca Doncic are questionable for tonight's game against the Hawks. And in case you missed it, in baseball, the Diamondbacks are requiring eight time All Star third baseman Noblen Adanado in a trade with the Saint Louis Cardinals.
Speaker 2: I love he aeronato at an a. You know no more than that this sweet sure you're wearing. Oh thank you, od I would love more than that if you told me Fred Warner is going to play.
Speaker 1: But I know it's not going to happen this week.
Speaker 8: It's not going to happen this week.
Speaker 3: They've opened his practice window.
Speaker 8: But they hope he returns for the NFC title game.
Speaker 1: And did you leave out Kyle Tucker to the Mets.
Speaker 8: Or that's not for sure yet, but apparently they offered him a deal that's fifty million a year. But the Blue Jays are also in this mix.
Speaker 1: The Mets needs something happened. We got more Covine on wretch. We'll talk a little about everything.
Speaker 2: In fact, Tomlin, I have a theory about Tomlin has to do with wife swapping.
Speaker 1: Ooh sounds juicy?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Yes? You heard me?
Speaker 1: More CNR next right here? Are you facing hiring headaches? Staffing?
Speaker 2: Your business is complex, high turnovers, skills gaps, ever changing regulations and slow growth and drain resources. That's where Express Employment Pros comes in. With decades of staffing expertise, Express connects you to a larger pool of qualified candid It's helping you reduce turnover and build the right sized workforce. Get started at Expresspros dot com. And if you need to flex your staff for peak seasons of your special projects, Flix Express Deployment Pros offers contract staffing so you can scale down with ease, preventing burnout, boosting productivity. And if you're worried about compliance, not to be worried about with Express. They stay on top of ever changing employment laws. Express is recognized for excellence the law, earning clearly rated's Best of Staffing, Client and Talent Awards plus the Diamond Award for Client Satisfaction. All So, don't let hiring hold your business back. Visit Expresspros dot com. Find the local local office near you. Find the local office near you. Express Deployment Pros can help you hire smarter and faster. And if it's taking away from growing your business, well, get the support you need from Express.
Speaker 1: You turned into Adam Sandler.
Speaker 2: Don't spend your time reading through spam online applicants. Hire faster with Express Express Employment Pros, building your workforce, supporting your success. Knocked out of the ring like Ring King bro out of the ring. Bernard Hopkins, Man, it was embarrassing, buddy. Oh well week exit last night. Aaron Rodgers. We're sorry that went down like that. But hey, you know it's the NFL playoffs. Man, he ain't going out. You hit a team that had won nine in a row. I mean, yeah, you hit a hot team, it's bound to happen. And man, they just man, they just got combered at the end. Hey, Covino and Rich Here, by the way, Fox Sports Radio Life from the Fox Sports Radio Studio, and it is time for our tire Ranck play of the day, speaking of will this play be the last time we ever see Aaron Rodgers playing on an NFL field?
Speaker 1: Oh? Boy, I hope not. On fourth and five, Rogers looks it over. Here's the snap. Rogers hit the pocket. Rogers pinging at.
Speaker 7: Downfield and picked off at the fifts set pull off to his left, forty thirty five, thirty pullock twenty, pullock upedded up the sideline, maintains his pallets head run for paydirt Wow.
Speaker 2: Courtesy of Texans Radio Network. The Tyraq player of the Day perhaps Aaron Rodgers last. For over forty years, Tyrek's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive ship fast and freed back by Free Road has a protection convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tyreq dot com the way tire buying should be.
Speaker 1: And keep in mind, this is fresh.
Speaker 2: We all witnessed this last night, and not everyone has the luxury of going out on top.
Speaker 1: That's just not how life is. Right.
Speaker 2: Think about every great movie. It really is like a movie, right, with a tragic ending. Every great movie. I'm thinking of my guy from my hometown of Union, New Jersey, Ray Liota, in the nineteen is it ninety or ninety one good Fellas, Henry Hill.
Speaker 1: All those guys were on top of the world. I mean, they were committing.
Speaker 2: Crimes, but they were living the life nineteen ninety good Fellas, They were living their life. What happens at the end with Henry Hill, he's in witness protection and his slippers.
Speaker 1: You know this guy was.
Speaker 2: He was living the high life, making cash, money, eating at the best restaurants. And where is he again, wearing a robe, reading the paper like he's a nobody from nowhereville. And that's what he talks about at the end of the movie. That's just how it ends. Sometimes you see it in sports, you see it in life, you see it in entertainment.
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes you see some.
Speaker 2: Man or woman that's been a baller in the business world, running companies and then like you know, eventually they just got to be removed. What is Henry Hill say? Look at me, look at me. Now, I'm a slub. He says something about slub and that's probably how Aaron Rodgers feels. But will we remember that? Is that the lasting memory? No, No, it won't be. Ye, I don't think it will be. So I think he should feel confident in knowing that his legacy, uh stands before him and you know, he's a Super Bowl champ and that's really what's going to be remembered at the end of the day. I don't need to come back, but I think there's a chance he will. I know something that bothers you give it to me that Mike Tomlin coached for the Steelers nineteen years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate that. I do hate that. Camo is one of those like oh c D like why not Twine?
Speaker 2: I thought they were gonna have a little let's go one more, get the twenty, get his little Steelers pin Watch and they would agree together, like let's go one more year together, because they seem to have.
Speaker 1: A Nobody else cares about even numbers, Cavino.
Speaker 2: When you listen to a game, does your TV sound have to be on an even number? Or do you go by the fives? I can't do it. Yeah, it has to be by the fives. Fives every five, yeah five. Your your volume can't be on like thirty one.
Speaker 1: And I don't like that. No bother is me go to Kvino's house and just mess with this volume. Yea?
Speaker 2: All right, So you guys, I said Mike Tomlin, I had a thought, and it has to do with a Remember that's your wife Swap? I Do I remember Celebrity Wife Swap? Do you remember Celebrity Wife Swap? I feel like there was an episode where it was like, who's to say, Rico Swave Girardo was on there.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: There were some wild characters on Celebrity Wife Swap. There was one with Rick Flair and rowdy Roddy Piper, one with a flavor flav and d Snyder and I bring this up because it's wild. The concept of that show is not the dirty and sexual the concept of the show is live with someone else's spouse for a week or so and you start to see, hey, maybe where I'm coming up short, or hey, maybe you start to acknowledge what's really great about your partner because they might be better than you think. Like if you and your girlfriend Cavino did a wife swap with Mancy and her boyfriend Sewan whoa again nothing kinky.
Speaker 1: Say again, nothing kinky ky, But.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't there be a sense of I'm sure there's things that can you know, would do with You're like, oh, how annoying. But then there's things where he would do He'd be like I wish Seawn did. And you know what, I have a theory on it and has to do with coaching, and we'll get to it next