Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Emily Griffo here with Tim Stenovic and with us is avalon Prnel Bloomberg News Equities Reporter. What are you looking at?
Speaker 4: Well, we have to start off of Esday Lauder. That's ticker ELD currently jumping about twelve percent in aftermarket trading. That's after Essay Lauder and the Spanish brand Pooge agreed to end merger talks. For those unaware, Esday Latter is behind brands like mac Clinique, Lamaire and my personal favorite at the ordinary. The move will be seen as a major positive though from investors, given that they really believe that this merger was potentially going to slow down Esday Latter's ability to have a turnaround. So it'll definitely be interesting to see what those notes will say in the coming hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this was I think this one really caught Carol off guard.
Speaker 1: Okay when this happened, she was she was the merger announcement, the merger announcement or at least the reports about the merger a possible merger just because the like you mentioned, the brands are so important.
Speaker 5: So I don't know, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting to see when the stock you know, of the company that would have been doing the acquisition is higher when the talks are tossed in the trash. It's like, okay, obviously, like that wasn't a good idea. Okay, you also have a consumer company that you're sure do that is Decker's ticker Deck. I will say it was up a little bit more earlier.
Speaker 4: Now it's only up about point seven percent, and that's after the parent brand of companies like ug and also Hokahs reported fourth quarter net sales that beat expectations. More importantly, though, it provided a net sales guidance for the fiscal year twenty twenty seven that also came ahead of expectations, and one thing that kind of stood out was that Hoka sales were to stand out of the print. They came up above and fifteen percent increase in sales compared to the same period last year, and Freeze wrote that it was a pretty solid beat, although they did note that it was maybe slightly lower than some very bullish expectations.
Speaker 5: Okay, home, everybody always says Hoka and UG and they never say Teva.
Speaker 4: I do have Tivas too, to be honest.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you're you're part of the.
Speaker 3: Okay, Teva or Tiva. That's a lifelong question that I had.
Speaker 1: It's Teva.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's okay, We're not going to do this again.
Speaker 3: Guys like you have to go back all right, all right, oh not again.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: I don't have the context of this all but what I will say is, I'm just looking at the press release here. Hoka did really well, UG did really well. Other brand sales decreased thirty three point nine percent to just one hundred and forty six point two million dollars. So yeah, UG and Hoka doing well.
Speaker 1: The other brand's not as much exactly.
Speaker 4: And we can also talk about a different company that did not do nearly as well as expectations. That's into it. That's ticker i Intu sinking twenty percent into the close today to end its biggest one day drop since two thousand and three. That's after the software firm reported third quarter results that phil well short of expectations. More specifically, the TurboTax business fell short of expectations, especially coming off of tax season. It very much disappointed some people and also had analysts talking about how that revenue miss could add some fuel to the AI questions in that bare case about how tax automation is going to impact these companies.
Speaker 3: Okay, so here, Tim, we were talking a little bit earlier in the day about software names and how resilient they can be to AI disruption. Here's an example of a company that's not proving to the shareholders that they can use AI to their advantage. So they're trimming costs wall they invest in AI products, So maybe a longer term vision book now, shareholder really right.
Speaker 4: They also announced that they're going to be slashing about seventeen percent of jobs, so not exactly the bullish signal that investors were hoping out.
Speaker 2: Of the print the Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headline. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg business app,