Speaker 1: I was donkey up to day. Damn he hogged. It's time for donkey. I'm trying to be donkey today.
Speaker 2: No more.
Speaker 1: They should be embrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days.
Speaker 3: Called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard. Damn Charlamagne, who got the donkey of the day today?
Speaker 1: Well, Jefsailarry, it's donkey today.
Speaker 3: For Tuesday, April fifteenth goes to a thirty four year old former police officer named Edgar Verdusco. He used to be a police officer for the Los Angeles Police Department, and he is the latest example of why I simply hate humans.
Speaker 1: I've come to the conclusion that what annoys me about.
Speaker 3: Life the most is people, which is strange because the thing I love most about life is people.
Speaker 1: But I like considerate people.
Speaker 3: Okay, we had mel Robbins up here yesterday and she was speaking to how emotionally disconnected some people are from the actual human experience, and this story is just another example of that. Edgar on Friday pled guilty to three counts of murder. Okay, man killed a mother, of father and a teenage son. Would you like to know how it happened. Let's go to ABC seven Eyewitness News for the report.
Speaker 2: Police a former LAPD officer is heading to prison after pleading guilty to murder in a fiery dui crash. Thirty four year old Edgar Verdusco faces fifteen years to life for killing three people on the six Ozho five Freeway and twenty seventeen. The off duty police officer was driving one hundred and fifty miles an hour while under the influence of alcohol when he hit two vehicles. One of them plowed into the center divider and burst into flames, killing Marabelle and Mario Davla and their nineteen year old son, Oscar, who was a student at UC Riverside for Disco is do back in court in July for sentencing rest.
Speaker 1: In peace to that family.
Speaker 3: Man dead because of somebody else's negligence. Edgar, you have to get the book thrown at you, Okay, put him under the prison. You're a police officer, so you know the law. You knew drinking and driving, the speeding, the reckless driving, vehecula homicide. You know the law and you know what all that carries. Plus your job is to protect, and serve. You did none of that, so your penalty has to be harsh. Okay, And I'm taking in this story and it makes me feel why did God give us free will? Okay, I'm glad God gave it to us. But free will is like a baked potato. Okay, it needs toppings to really elevate it. Okay, you can eat a big potato plan, but when you put butter on it, or sour cream or chives or salt or pepper. Some people like cheese, I'm lactose intolerance, so I don't do that. Some people like chili on it, green onions. I've seen broccoli on bike potatoes. My point is free will and free will alone is not enough, Okay. In order to maximize free will, you need self awareness. You need to pay attention to the present moment. You need to manage your emotional state. You need to be a good character. And you don't need to be on drugs and alcohol because those things cause you to make poor choices with that free will. And what does your uncle Shaula always tell you on this damn radio, Destiny is not a matter of chance, It's a matter of choice. This guy, Edgar exercised his free will to make a poor choice, and this is why I don't like humans. When mel Robbins was here talking about people who leave the bathroom disgusting, it hit me because that's one of my pet peeves. I hate when I walk in the bathroom and see somebody else's dodo in the toilet.
Speaker 1: Even worse, when you see that.
Speaker 3: They left the toilet lining on the seat, It's like, what type of rusher you in? Don't you know other people have to use this bathroom. I feel the same way about drunk driving. Okay, now you're talking to a person who almost killed himself drunk driving when I was a young lad, so I'm speaking from experience.
Speaker 1: I was selfish.
Speaker 3: I wasn't thinking about anybody but myself. I had zero regard for other people's lives in that moment, and thank God, my dumb ass, you know, when I wrecked, didn't kill myself or anyone else. For more on that story, go to Amazon and purchase my first book, Black Privilege, Opportunity Comes to Those who created It, available everywhere you buy books. Now, I hate people, Okay, This man, Edgar posted a video on social media with the hashtag oh that's the part of the story I left up.
Speaker 1: This man.
Speaker 3: Edgar posted a video on social media with the hashtag don't drink and dry, and then shortly after gotten his card, drunk and killed three people.
Speaker 1: I repeat this man. Edgar posted a video.
Speaker 3: On social media with the hashtag don't drink and drive, and then shortly after kill three people drunk driving. This goes back to what I said about self awareness, paying attention to.
Speaker 1: The present moment.
Speaker 3: God, God literally told Edgar what to do, and he did the opposite. We have all these conversations about signs, look for signs. God put it in his head, in his heart so much that he shared with social media a message that he ignored. Don't drink and drive, Edgar, that was for you in that moment. It doesn't get much clearer than that gang, But you can't see it because you are a human being that is so disconnected from the interconnection to the human experience. I don't care if you drinking and driving or leaving a public bathroom filthy. When you do those things, you are simply not thinking of other people. But don't listen to me though, Okay, I just stopped being a sociopath about a decade ago.
Speaker 1: Mel Robins explains it way better than me.
Speaker 4: When you go into a public bathroom, two things. I always leave the space better than when I found it. If somebody destroys the seat, peas all over it and then they leave, that is a human being that is so disconnected from the interconnection of the human experience. You are leaving that for another person. And so making sure that you don't leave your mess for another person, making sure that you just kind of wipe down the counter. And then here's the second thing. If there is a human being cleaning that bathroom, please look in the ai and say thank you all the time, all the time like that right there is a simple thing that will make you start to shake out of that woe is me or that stress or that overwhelm Let them know you appreciate and see what they're doing, like you know, I can't look you, I'm gonna cry. People are just walking around disconnected and the power of starting to be the one that wakes people up. These relationships matter because they make you feel human again.
Speaker 3: The moral of the story is get connected to the interconnection of the human experience. You're not on this earth alone. Please let rem Ma give Edgar Ford Dusko the biggest he hull.
Speaker 5: He ha he ha.
Speaker 1: You stupid mother, are you dumb?
Speaker 5: All right, well, thank you for that. Donkey to day, Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 6: All right now when we come back eight hundred just ignore, just ignorant, just ignored, Just ignore it.
Speaker 5: He's fantasized right now. Ignore it.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. My book, Real Life, Real Family is out today. Gia was just joined the breakfast Club what about forty five minutes ago, and we were talking about how we raise our kids.
Speaker 5: And this is how the conversation went.
Speaker 3: Would you say that you and uh and we have two different parenting styles.
Speaker 1: Absolutely the more lenient.
Speaker 6: It depends what it is. I'm disciplined. I was the yell of the screamer because I said, so, gear is a lot different. She wants to know why, Yeah, how did you feel that?
Speaker 1: But I she likes to break down.
Speaker 3: You don't get it, You're gonna get it by the end of the right exactly.
Speaker 6: So you got to think, really think before you speak to us, because she's like, all right, explain that, like.
Speaker 5: I just said it, just because no, no, no, explain this. But so I'm more like.
Speaker 6: Because I said so, She's more like, well, you can't go to the more because of this, because this could happen.
Speaker 5: Explain your parents.
Speaker 6: Mine is my dad was like no, and you didn't ask why, it just it was what it was. You just figured out later. Is a little different. I prefer the explanation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that's how my parents were with me. I knew that my parents never said no just for the sake of saying no. Because parents are overworked and they are stressed. You really have to take a moment. You have to take a beat. We all have to take a beat to listen to our children and be patient. And because I knew that my parents were invest sit in me that way, I knew that when they said no.
Speaker 5: There was a good reason.
Speaker 6: So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. How does your parenting style different from your partners?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean explanations are good. That's how you learn, not just in parenting, like even just as a couple. For example, if you say to your wife did you orgasm and she says no, you know she should explain to you why she didn't so you can make her the next time.
Speaker 6: Right, So the question is eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. How does your parents style different from your partners? Like Jess, I'm sure you and and Chris? Is your parenting different?
Speaker 1: Or even you and Rome?
Speaker 6: So when we come back, we'll find out, you know, how it differs and how which one works?
Speaker 5: How you say, I just ignore ch'all the mate?
Speaker 3: Yes, like yesterday for the birthdays. I'm sure y'all did two different things, right? No?
Speaker 4: No, no, Rome had actually work So Rome had them last week?
Speaker 1: Oh got you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Then he came home, So that is the question. And what impact does it have on your child? Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 5: You want to kiss me? I could tell? I could tell.
Speaker 1: Are you talking to just like that? I'm talking to you talking?
Speaker 4: You are cruzy because I don't even like them.
Speaker 5: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Donkey of Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael to Bull, Lamb and Soft.
Speaker 1: Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael to Bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.