Speaker 1: This is they're running them. We have to. It's the law. This would be this would be My first question is Steve Garvey?
Speaker 2: If I just didn't want put him in an uncomfortable position, He's a not Steve Garvey.
Speaker 1: Adam Ship is a.
Speaker 2: Lying, cynical piece of crap and I hate him, disagree very strong.
Speaker 1: Why don't we introduce Steve Garvey?
Speaker 3: First of all, great baseball star second half of the twentieth century. Of the fact that he's not in the Hall of Fame as a joke, but we won't get hung up on that. Steve has also been since his retirement to active in a variety causes from special Olympics to juvenile diabetes, the United Way, Ronald McDonald, House and more. And Steve Garvey candidate for US and in California joins US.
Speaker 1: Now, Steve, how are you.
Speaker 4: Great? To be with you guys? Could you play that home run again more and more?
Speaker 1: If he does, there's going to be a fight. How honestly, how often? How often do you think about that?
Speaker 4: You went through the recovery program, the Cubs revo tape from Garvey program.
Speaker 2: Well we'll get to the politics. But yeah, I always wondered we got a terrible delay problem going on.
Speaker 4: We're going to use that. We're going to use that Don Drysdale call, which has been infamous on Tuesday Night, Primary night, because you know, we've run My team has run an amazing campaign. It's just five months now and we've gone from zero to the mid twenties in terms of carolling. And we believe that we'll be a tomorrow and there'll be eight more months after Tuesday Night where the people that have good people at California have stood up and say, Steve, thanks for running. Bless you. It's a narrow path, but we can't believe that California is in the States. And your voice is saying we want to be the wind beneath your wings back to Washington. So it stays like they were a chance to talk to you, and the message is so vitally important.
Speaker 3: So you live in a pretty comfortable life as a retired baseball star, well regarded in your home state. Why would you toss that all up in the air to run for the Senate in a blue blue stain.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, there's a wonderful saying that the two most important days of your life are the day you're born and the day you realize why. And you know, in the seventies, September first, in nineteen sixty nine, I was called up to the Dodgers. You know, they bring up minor league players in September. And a longer story is me being a back boy at the age of eight in Tampa, Florida for the Brooklyn Dodgers and the Boys this summer. It's a longer story, but I got a chance to ba boy two or three times for eight or nine years with Hodges and Trillo and Jackie Robinson. So I grew up with my idols. And then twelve years after that first day, I was after by the Dodgers, and on that September one, fifty five years ago, I put on a Dodger uniform for the first time, and my dream came true. And that was when California was the heartbeat of America. You know, people remember people coming here with their dreams and hoping to grow the family and build businesses and having their dreams come true. And that heartbeat became a murmur. And you so ably every day talk about this one party state that suppresses the good people who like me, have common sense, They have compassion, They try to work together and build businesses that they can't And the most important thing is that we had finally somebody stand up. And I decided in March that I'm better than this. And I woke up in the morning, turned TV on and saw the snarkiness and career politicians not representing us, but representing their party, and they were doing it for a job, they were doing it for power. And I said, maybe I want to have the chance to do it for the people. So I woke up my wife and I said, Canvas, you know, honey, let's work for the Senate. And she is a dutiful wife. Turned over. She turned back and said, don't you think you're a little young for the Senate? You know, seventy fourth time, And I said, well, I used the Reagan line. I think I can overcome my youth and inexperience and we are better than this. And I started a pathway to running. We announced almost five months ago. Unfortunately it was a day after the Israeli War, which captivated the media world and devastated all of us. But we've come from zero to the mid twenties and a short amount of time with that great momentum and an he writes this ad campaign that they've spent tens of millions to paint me in a corner. It's got people mad, but for us, it's created a tremendous amount of awareness. And by the way, the pictures look good. What all the women say? What's important? The days like today where we can share my vision are so important during this stretch. Run now to the next Tuesday.
Speaker 2: So we know who your likely opponent is. True of false? Adam Ship is a lying piece of crap.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, about three weeks, almost a month, we had the first and three debates, and I hadn't debated in sixty years. You know, I figured out it was a junior class president. We had a debate at Chamberlain I in Dampa, and that debating is really interesting. You're standing on the stage and I wanted to make sure I was at the one end and that my three progressive opponents were done the wrong. And then all of a sudden they started to attack me, and Shift looked at me, and I just raised my hand to the moderators and I said, mister Schiff, you've lied to over three hundred million people, and you can't take that back, and he looked at me and he started going, well, I won't take it back, and this and then and by the way, you were censored. Well, only three people in the history of Congress have been censored. So that night, you know, it was a volley. Those two statements have reservated to pay to ten million people on the you know, on the web. And that's established. You know, dot mistake kindness for weakness, if you're going to hack me what I'm standing up for. And my wife said that, she said, you know, you never took the field for Democrats, Republicans, independence, You took the field for all the fans. And now you're running for all the people. And that's the difference. They're running for half the people. They're running for a job, they're running for power. I'm running for all the people and a chance to go to Washington and represent them. Go to bed every day.
Speaker 3: What issues are important to you, Steve, I mean, what do you really want to get done in the Senate.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, they we've done our polling and varies. But let's face it, I'm law and order. I'm let's fight crime. So that's important. The economy and inflation every day moms get up and dads and they go to the kittens, and mom has to decide what she could afford. You know that we had to feed her children. Then they go to the gas station. You go there and you look around like I do here in the jail valley, and people are taking a ten dollar bill instead of their credit cards and buying ten dollars worth of gas instead of ten gallons. Then you look at housing, and you look at the mortgage and interest rates, and people are getting up. And this is a very very founded polways that they're probably losing eight to nine hundred dollars a month. They're working harder and losing every day. They're dreams than dull. They'll lose ten to twelve thousand dollars a year. And this is a fact. Eighty percent of California and are breaking or losing every day. So it's the economy, it's crime. It's the border. I've been down to the border. My opponents haven't. It's watching the infiltration we did San Diego from the ocean at the top of ot Mountain, which is right near Hokumba, and walking him come across. I should cross in pacts of twenty thirty forty raising their hands waiting for the US Border Patrol, Border patrol bencements all their time processing, and that every day is the reasons why there's five to eight ten thousand people a day.
Speaker 3: Right, And if you're going to focus on inflation and the economy and the border, I think you're on exactly the right track. I hate to interrupt, but we're actually up against the break. Steve Garvey, we will stay in touch. We will talk again. Good luck and best wishes. Thank you for being here.
Speaker 2: You'll stay in touch and talk again. I won't be here. I just hate talking to politicians. I get nothing out of talking to politicians. Be nice to who for what? You got nothing out of that? Well, I got the fact that he's never going to be a US senator. Out of that, I got that m harsh words handsome. The next time you suggest a politician, oh no, oh yeah, I'm ready to know. I'm ready to name names and blame people. The next time you suggest a politician, make sure you also schedule my day off. The next time we get something out of talking to a politician might be the first time. I don't know what school they go to about answering questions to make sure it's few people stay tuned in.
Speaker 1: As possible or what.
Speaker 2: Or just none of them have that skill, just very few of them have that skill, that talent for like getting to the things that could possibly interest somebody. I don't know, I don't know what it is. Are they their ability to just filibuster and eat up time? Oftentimes that's it. I don't that's not usually what it is when you're running for office. You're not trying to kill time. You want to get elected. I mean, we've had plenty of politicians on where you're trying to grill them and they their skill is to just eat up time, just to filibuster until you the five minutes are up.
Speaker 1: But god dang it, moving along.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's a nice guy that doesn't make any difference. So he ain't gonna be a US senator.
Speaker 1: Mm Jack on the Shift payroll pretty clearly and Adam Shift that lying, cynical piece of crap.
Speaker 2: He might be the worst person in all of government, Adam Schiff, and he's going to be a senator from the biggest state in the country.
Speaker 3: So now it's clear to me or you here on Maxine Waters payroll, who can you come up with anybody who's running I don't even care.
Speaker 2: Can you come up with anybody in the federal government worse than Adam Schiff And but he's in the top tier of evil and gutless and dishonest.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 2: Usually when you do something like what he did during the whole Trump collusion thing, you're like, you're you're sacrificing yourself.
Speaker 3: You're sacrificing the rest of your career to go. Yeah, you're a joke for the rest of your life. You're a punchline. But you took one for the team. No, he's gonna be elevated to a US senator. That's a disappointing reality about our politics.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he'll be a senator till the day he dies.
Speaker 3: Because I think it's cute that you still have the capacity to be disappointed.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty