Speaker 1: Our daughter Jesse loves playing detective a clue.
Speaker 2: But since we discovered she has sensitive skin, we've been playing detective too. We thought the problem was our puppy, but it.
Speaker 3: Was actually our old detergent. Uh huh, So we switched to tide Free and Gentle.
Speaker 4: Tide Clean's better than the leading competitive free detergent and it doesn't leave behind irritating residues.
Speaker 1: Plus, Tide Free and Gentle has no dies or perfumes, so it's gentle on your skin.
Speaker 3: Case close.
Speaker 5: If it's got to be clean, it's got to be tied free and gentle. It's time for Vikings Country, brought to you by Miller Lyte. Now here's your host of Vikings Country from KFAN and the Vikings Radio Network must.
Speaker 4: Play you Acted out of the Shotgun Harrison. Philip's trying to give him his plots Act Josh, but tells Potamo Palin about picked up by Jordan, Hick Hordy Hardy as close dot dwn Gosh shotgun and takes the snap five step Throp steps up, Buyers to the end zone, tucked down biking.
Speaker 3: Jordan Addiston.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to Vikings Country with Miller Lite, kayn K one O two, I'm muss. We're here at the lookout in Maple Grove and a very special guest, Christian Darisaw Ladies and gentlemen, Big seven one is hanging out with us.
Speaker 3: How are you, buddy? I'm good.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: You hear that intro that we had there, there was some Creed music that was played, and I hear that the Kirk Cousins and crew, Bradberry especially made sure that there was some Creed music that was pumping in the locker room because how successful it has been with the Texas Rangers. Was that the first introduction to Creed that you've had in your life?
Speaker 2: No, not my first intro. Usually we hear it like in the weight rooms. We usually like take turns picking who's selecting the music and whatnot. But usually like on game days, Brian asamoa. He's on the boom box and a straight hip hop and like the guys kind of get like irritated. So we decided to switch it up and then work for us. So we're gonna roll with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you get to win against the Paris. There you go. Creed has saved once again the day, right is it so higher? Is that your favorite song or what level of category of Creed.
Speaker 6: Songs do you know?
Speaker 2: I'll probably say that's the most well known song. Yeah, I know my Creed for sure.
Speaker 1: Or I mean, arms Wide Open, that's pretty good one too, But it might not be a great pump up song before a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not a too big of a cree guy myself, but I enjoyed it all right.
Speaker 1: You were the seventh offensive tackle drafted by the Vikings in the first round in Vikings history, and the.
Speaker 3: Fifth high at twenty three.
Speaker 1: You're the only Virginia Tech player drafted in the first round in Viking's history.
Speaker 3: Did you know that?
Speaker 6: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew we didn't have a lot of acc guys on the spot.
Speaker 6: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I'll end up here about I love it right right, right, Well, maybe we just didn't have enough, like you know, bigger picks. You played three season at Virginia Tech and entered the draft in your junior year, And one thing I did notice is that did you did you see the uh the forty nine ers game where they were throwing hands before the game with the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 6: I didn't see that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, game hadn't even started yet.
Speaker 1: On the sidelines, all of a sudden, there's hands being thrown yeah, oh yeah, and Trent Williams comes in. Yeah, and Williams comes in and instantly nobody wanted a piece of that.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, he's a tone center. You don't want to mess with that guy. You just know what type of player he is and and respect that everyone has for him in the games, that type of energy.
Speaker 1: You were seventy when you were in college, and then he comes to the vikings, you go to seventy one and you also kind of wear your jersey a little bit in that hole Trent Williams style or something like that.
Speaker 3: Is there a reason to that? Is there a correlation to that at all, or it just happens that way.
Speaker 6: I probably say the seventy one for sure.
Speaker 2: Growing up PG Conty, Maryland watching him play Washington, he was always my favorite offensive lineman me and myself. I never wanted to play offensive line. Once I got to high school, I kind of had to adapt and make that change. And once the number seventy seven I knew it was retired. I looked down the list of seeing that seventy one. It was just like like a lot of great tackles award that number, and I knew that was the number I wanted to wear.
Speaker 1: So you didn't want to play offensive line where you you wanted to do like flyouts and post patterns.
Speaker 2: Like a tight end, like I'll get gritty, like I'll block for a little bit, but I wanted to catch the ball, I score a little touchdowns that you wanted to really want to play te for So well, yeah, yeah, you got some athletic ability that there's no question.
Speaker 3: So you got the hands, you got the feet.
Speaker 1: We've seen that already, so yeah, you definitely who's gonna stop you when you come across the middle catch that ball.
Speaker 2: That's what I wanted to do. But everything worked out for the better, so I'm gonna join it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So was there another focus for you and like high school and when you were growing up?
Speaker 1: Was it all football or was there other things that you were really into? I mean, I don't know where you inquired. Did you were you in the theater?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: None of that really for me. It was this baseball, baseball and football. And then once I got to high school, I had to make that decision and I knew football was I was kind of better at so I had to put baseball down for a little bit.
Speaker 6: But uh yeah, I made the right I made the right decision.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what did you play at baseball?
Speaker 6: First base? First base and outfield?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Very nice, very nice, just clopping the hell out of the ball. That is the thing is that I love watching any of your highlights, watching the games where a US Bank Stadium and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: It's so amazing.
Speaker 1: You really love it when you get under that second level and the poor dB that has to decide, Okay, this is a business decision right here.
Speaker 3: Do I stay here? Do I not? And you just cartwheel off.
Speaker 2: So every time, that's just that mindset. Whenever coach CAUs those plays for us, we know we're out there in space. It's on the clearway for whoever got the ball. So it's fun being out the space.
Speaker 1: So when you also are sitting on the line and you're working your toil and you're so good at this, buddy, what I love to watch is that when you get somebody on the ground, and there's so many times you're just tossing huge, huge people and you toss them and I love the finishing move because you love doing the body splash, no doubt, bringing three point fifteen right down on top of you.
Speaker 2: That's the way to end it. Once you get that dependent on the ground, you got to finish home.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Christian Deis is my guest here Viking's Country with Miller Lite.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the thing that we all recognize, and especially if you watch a lot of film and stuff.
Speaker 3: Like that, your hands and your feet are.
Speaker 1: Just so tremendously adept to playing this position, especially when you're out there on that island there left tackle.
Speaker 3: What are you more proud of your hands or your feet?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I definitely say the hands, yeah, just be cause of how song I am. I know once I get my hands on any defender, that block's kind of over it and just like having that power in that force coming through. But definitely credit to my feet as well. You gotta have great feet playing tackle in this.
Speaker 3: League, right, absolutely well.
Speaker 1: And the thing is with your hands, do you like training off season?
Speaker 3: Are you doing like MMA stuff? For UFC?
Speaker 1: We always we see some of those guys doing like defenders. We see a lot of dase. They love to do that kind of stuff because they're trying to get those hands out.
Speaker 3: Of the way. Do you do anything that like that.
Speaker 2: I've been sprinkling, like in a little bit of like boxing, yeah, like for cardio and hands. Definitely quicks up my hand, yeah, like punches and stuff like that. So not no, no mma though, no, nothing like that.
Speaker 1: Show with the with the great feet that you have, and then we already know about the hands. That has to mean that you're a good dancer. Do you like to cut it up on the dance floor?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 2: Man, you can ask any of my friends. I'm staying away from the dance floor. I probably say the feet work comes back from childhood workouts, playing wide receiver when tight end, working on all my quickness and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But no dancing, no dancing, not even like keeping it just right here, just doing this thing, you.
Speaker 6: Know, just keep it right now. But once we get the footwork involved.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about fits because we've had two games that we've won on the road, and then how do you plan what goes into what am I going to wear when I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Be on the road, especially because.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be wearing one probably outfit coming in so that way, the walk in with the cameras you got and then you get another outfit that you're gonna wear for the press or at what point during the week do you actually go, Okay, I get a fit ready for me.
Speaker 2: On away games, I'm just coming in the sweatsuit because then we've got to travel, getting on the plane and everything like that. So I really don't put no thought into it going on the road. But for the home games, usually Tuesdays, I'm off day. I have a guy my stylist. We go through a bunch of different options. I pick out that solidify, and then everything comes in by Friday and I have it ready to go for Monday.
Speaker 3: That is so sweet.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you gotta do any Normally on a Tuesday, you would be working a fit right now, but instead you're hanging out with us here in Maple Grove at the lookout, and we appreciate that we got more coming up here on the way Vikings Country. We'll get into our five typically stupid Vikings Country questions, which you're always fun, but I have one that's kind of a goofy one for you. It's the spooky season. You grew up in Virginia, which has probably a lot of ghosts, I'm guessing there's got to be a lot of haunted places, a lot of like ghosty stuff, right, Yeah, have you ever seen a ghost?
Speaker 6: I'd never the ghosts.
Speaker 3: Do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 3: You do not?
Speaker 6: I don't know, not at all, not at all.
Speaker 3: Do you also wonder like I do? Is that why everybody.
Speaker 1: Just assumes that if it's a ghost and it's a haunting, that the ghosts are like menacing and they're awful and they want you.
Speaker 3: To get out.
Speaker 1: What if what if it's like a really hot ghost, like a really really hot sexy ghost.
Speaker 3: Well no, but if you saw one, but.
Speaker 6: You can't see a ghost.
Speaker 1: What if it's a really sexy, horny, hot ghost able to tell?
Speaker 3: I mean, like to me, that's how I want my ghost to be.
Speaker 6: Everybody would so it wouldn't be scary.
Speaker 1: But so, no, you don't believe any the ghosts. You don't get like spooped out during this time year? Scary movies for you?
Speaker 6: I watch I watch a few scary movies.
Speaker 1: Best ever, the one that absolutely terrorized you as.
Speaker 3: You continue to think about it every once in a while.
Speaker 6: Not off the top of my head, I couldn't mad yeah, definitely a few.
Speaker 3: So oh sure for sure. All right, Christian Darisa is hanging out with us here.
Speaker 1: Even on Vikings Country, we still do talk a little bit of football, and there's kind of a big game coming up here in a Monday night football game.
Speaker 3: We'll get into that coming up here next. On kf AN.
Speaker 5: It's time for Vikings Country, brought to you by Miller Lyte. Now here's your host of Vikings Country from KFAN and the Vikings Radio Network.
Speaker 4: Must play Accident out of the Shotgun. Harrison Phillips trying to give him attacked, Josh Matelas forced.
Speaker 6: To fumble hit Pounting about picked up by.
Speaker 4: Jordan Hick forty thirty and a loose.
Speaker 6: Talk down.
Speaker 1: Cousin.
Speaker 4: Shotgun takes the snap, five step, Rob.
Speaker 3: Steps up, fires to the end zone. Talk down Viking Jordan Addiston. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to Vikings Country. We are here in Maple Grove.
Speaker 1: Tons of Vikings fans hanging out here at the lookout and by the way, you can join Pa at the Crystal Buffalo Wild Wings. That's this Friday from nine until noon for the Friday Football Feast presented by Coors Light enjoy food and drink specials and a chance to win Vikings tickets and more. Visit Vikings dot com slash BWW four full schedule details. And as we're hanging out here at the lookout, Christian Darisaw is my guest. He doesn't believe in ghosts, not even the hot sexy ones, which makes me sad because I thought I had you on that one. No, no, all right, before we get into the Niners game coming up here the five typically stupid Vikings Country questions.
Speaker 3: As if you haven't had dumb questions, that's to you already. You're gonna come back on the.
Speaker 6: Show ever, Yeah, I'll come back Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you paused again on that one.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: So, uh, first one bears backup cornerback tyson, what is it? Bag? And bad gint bad gint? Okay, that's how you pronounce it. His dad is known as the Beast Travis.
Speaker 1: His dad was like the seventeen time arm wrestling champion of the world arm wrestling.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been a part of it?
Speaker 2: Back like when I was younger, Yes, in college for so, we used to get competitive with arm wrestling, oh noki, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just like between like.
Speaker 1: Right, right right, Yeah, you were an arm wrestling at bars for like, you know, bears and somebody, somebody pay a tab on this one here?
Speaker 3: Okay, how about this? So flag football it's gonna be an Olympic sport? Now, okay? Is there a sport?
Speaker 1: Is there a talent outside of arm wrestle and playing football that you would love to be an Olympic sport?
Speaker 3: So that way you could possibly go gold for the US? Oh are you good at? Like cornhole? Are you good at?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Not really everything. I'm kind of like interested and good at It's already like a nothing sport.
Speaker 6: Not enough to talk of them?
Speaker 3: No, no, okay, all right, all right, number two, here we go.
Speaker 1: I've seen your interviews, I've seen videos, I've seen them when you are micd up and stuff like that. Man, you always have a smile.
Speaker 3: On your face.
Speaker 1: And even when we were hanging out here with all these friendly folks in our skull nation, hanging out here at the lookout, just smiles all about. But man, when you're on the field, you get nasty. Where does that switch? When does that switch happen?
Speaker 6: For you know, when it's und of lock in?
Speaker 2: Really for me, when I'm just around the building, just doing stuff on a daily just trying to bring a smile to other people's faces because people feed off of you sometimes with you and I even knowing. So once I'm on that fiel though, I just hunt into that dog. I just know whoever is across from you you had to work with.
Speaker 1: We're about to get Christian Darris's dating advice because Shania Twain, she was on a talk show and she said someone was asking Drew Barrymore was asking her, you know what do you think about dating advice? And she said, well, the best thing you can do is just be brutally honest, throw it all out there. If they run, you don't need them. Otherwise, if they stick around, they might be a keeper. Also, Shannon Sharp and Chad Johnson had a conversation on the podcast talking about they were discussing going to the bathroom in front of a partner and uh O Joe Zinko said it's all cool, he has no problem with it. Sharp said that he actually broke up with the girl just because she fired in front of it. Your dating advice for all of our fans sitting here and listening right now.
Speaker 6: For Viking, if she far in front of me.
Speaker 3: No, well, yeah, okay, you want to go that route. Yeah, if she hurt heart of you, okay with it?
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, don't get that, don't We Ain't that comfortable now a right, especially if it's smell too, like that's gonna make it even worse.
Speaker 1: Is there a statute of limitations on that though? You've been dating for so long and then it's okay for it too?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, we can't let it slip. We can't let this slop.
Speaker 3: Alright, Well that's good dating advice.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 3: All right. Here we go number four on the.
Speaker 1: One of the best in the NFL that left tackle and you are absolutely What does it mean to you to be acknowledged as that and people talking about it all the time?
Speaker 3: But then how much pressure does that put on you?
Speaker 6: No pressure at all.
Speaker 2: I just know where I came from coming out of high school, but one one offer higher five level, making that work, having to go to the military school and just everything like that. Everything that's been a part of the journey to this day being a fourth tackle, taking to my draft class, that just kind of like build up things that just kind of like just stuff that like just motivation. So I never feel like it's pressure at any given moment. I just go out there and be me and I know that's going to work at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: All right, Christian, last one on here for the five typically stupid Fikey's gountry questions.
Speaker 3: Monday Night Football, Man, Monday Night Football?
Speaker 1: How is that show much different than any other Newton game, even a Thursday game or whatever.
Speaker 6: But Monday Night Football? What is that? Like?
Speaker 3: What's what's that experience?
Speaker 6: You just know the whole world's watching. There's no other game on.
Speaker 2: We're kind of like the last game to finish up the whole week, so you just know everyone's watching, and it's all like all odds on you. You really don't want to go out there and put out a bad performance and just know you want to be dialed in hopefully get that win.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's fun, very nicely done. All right.
Speaker 1: So at LT you're going up against some of the best of the best in the air NFL edge rusher is.
Speaker 3: Coming at you. You're on the blind side, you're on that island over there.
Speaker 1: Are there are ever times where you hear a play call or whatever and you're like, damn, can we get somebody to chip.
Speaker 2: Over here up would be nice sometimes for sure, Ko he kind of he can call like a ball holder that we know that that play takes a long time to develop and like being on the man's side. It's like a one on one block and you can be going against like anybody. I'll say, Nick Bosa for example, is like, all right, here we go. You better buckle up because you know if you if you do hold your own and you hold that block, it's a big play is going to happen.
Speaker 6: And you know, usually Kirk finds that that receiving its going.
Speaker 1: Are you a talker do you get into because I know I saw that you were saying that you're spending more time now really focusing on your own skills, but then also your opponent as well, really getting to know what they do and stuff like that, until you go so far as where you're like get to know them, like you open up their bio, find out about them, you know, yeah, things that you can give them crap about.
Speaker 2: I won't talk unless you unless you started out, I just let my game do the talking for me. But if you want to talk, we can have that type.
Speaker 6: Of game too.
Speaker 3: This will be your second Boaston that you get.
Speaker 2: To meet this year, will it will Nick Bolsa, He's definitely part of the best in the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the forty nine ers that that defense is ridiculously yet right, and that's gonna be a tough matchup. And I know it's a Tuesday show. You guys have not actually gotten into that so deep.
Speaker 3: But ultimately, yeah.
Speaker 2: We know the challenges that we're gonna face for sure, and we're gonna be ready dialed in and me hopefully get this w.
Speaker 3: How cool is it gonna be Monday night football?
Speaker 1: You're taking on the Niners, one of the better teams in the league, and you guys are playing at home and how loud it's going to be at US Bank Stadium.
Speaker 3: Plus that walking in.
Speaker 1: The US Bank Stadium, how do you I mean, do you often just go can the offense come out first?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sometimes that's a cool way to come out.
Speaker 6: It definitely is.
Speaker 2: But we know our defense, they always set the tone and whatnot. But just definitely being the night game here at US Bank, the energy is gonna be crazy.
Speaker 6: We know how it is. You know, we just got to go out here and make plays for the fans and have them out it.
Speaker 1: You know, watching you and your game, and especially when you're kicking back, you know, and you're out there on your own and you start wheeling back and then all of a sudden, you got the d s coming up at you, or a huge guy's coming up. And once they get to a certain point where they realize, okay, I'm not going to be able to go around this guy because he's already cut me off because he's too fast. And then they try to bull charge you. And that's also a bad idea because I've seen it. We are all a sudden, you put your heels in and you set those hips, then nobody getting past you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, those those are the type of rustles you kind of bite, especially like the skill level that these defenders have in this league. They're all good top to bottom week the week, so you got to take something away from their game and kind of things that they don't like to do and things that I love.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's Christian Derris. I is our guest here at Vikings Country. Okay, a couple more for you here. One I know said you're not real big on socials. That's not kind of your thing, is it.
Speaker 6: I'm on there, but I'm really not posting it and stuff.
Speaker 3: Like that, especially in season this. Yes, can I think well, let's also talk about your foundation as well. We're there saw a foundation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I kind of got started up last year and I'm kind of just trying to find things in the community that I'm interested in and kind of just build it from there.
Speaker 1: And your your faith is really important to you, right, I know I didn't notice that on the socials, Yes.
Speaker 2: Sir, Yeah, I kind of grew up my mom and my grandmother. I would go to church every Wednesday and Sunday and I kind of cared that throughout my whole life. And I know without God, I wouldn't be here. So bigger faith.
Speaker 3: How excited are you?
Speaker 1: The Dolly Partner is going to be the headlining the halftime show on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: Who is that Dolly parton?
Speaker 5: That is?
Speaker 3: You don't know who Dolly Partner is?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: I should pull it up on my phone. I'll give you two reasons why you should know the Dolly part Yeah, well yeah, no, yeah, she's going to be on Thanksgiving. She's gonna be doing the Cowboys game and at the half there, and I just I didn't.
Speaker 3: Know if you were excited. No no, no, Dolly, no, no you have you have a celebrity crush at all.
Speaker 6: Celebrity crush man.
Speaker 3: I'm doing everything I can here.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to get jump.
Speaker 3: Oh there you go, there you go. I was going Sexy Ghosts and I was going with Dolly Park and yeah, okay, finally are they here we go.
Speaker 1: Christian daris aw Ladies said Jello hand out with us. I guaranteed you it was gonna be stupid and did it live up to it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Good, good, appreciated.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you're heading to the game at us Bank Stadium this season, try the all new Vikings inspired beer from Hop Valley Brewing, crafted for the fans who bleed purple.
Speaker 3: Hop Holla Hazy Ip is a game day grog fit for Valhalla. I asked you about the fits and all that.
Speaker 1: When you're going to the games and you're getting ready and you got yourself all set up on Tuesdays with your guy, with your stylist. Who's the worst on the offensive line when it comes to style, man, because.
Speaker 3: Ezra seems to me, Yeah, he's he seems like a pearl snap, you know, wearing some wranglers.
Speaker 2: It's a gritty guy like he's showing up for work at the outfit. That really don't matter. We got to play a football game. That's what we're here for it, So I definitely say.
Speaker 1: Garret and who brings the best game man as far as well as you're as far as spits getting.
Speaker 6: Getting rid of.
Speaker 3: Rings.
Speaker 5: Very nice?
Speaker 3: All right, there you go, Christian Darisa, our guest Vikings Country. Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you Miller Lite for having us out here, thanks to the lookout in Maple Grove, and thank you for listening right here on Kada.
Speaker 5: Now with Lucky landslids, you can get lucky just about anywhere.
Speaker 3: Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today.
Speaker 6: Has anyone seen the bride and groom?
Speaker 3: Sorry? Sorry, we're here.
Speaker 6: We were getting lucky in the limo and we lost track of time.
Speaker 4: No Lucky Land casino with cash prizes that add up quicker than a guess registry.
Speaker 6: In that case, I pronounce you lucky.
Speaker 5: Play for free at lucky land slots dot com.
Speaker 1: Daily bonuses are waiting, no purchase necessary board. We're prohibited by long eighteen plus terms and conditions applack see website for details