Speaker 1: Welcome to We Talk Back podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and the Black Effect Network Talk Talk Talk.
Speaker 2: We're just two unapologetically black women with an opinion who talks back.
Speaker 1: What's up y'all? Thank you for tuning in for a new episode that We Talk Back, the show dedicated to your dreamers and chases niggas and hosts what's up, Tam Bam. It's your co host aj Holiday.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all, I love y'all.
Speaker 1: That's what y'all. Niggas need, y'all. Mom, they love you. She love Y'allam.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy when people who listen on the show d m me and be like, hey, Tam Bam, I just want to tell you I love you, to thank you.
Speaker 1: But the minute you do is say some ship they don't like. Let's see y'all quick. They hate you, y'all hating me day one? Fuck it that way, you can't see I changed. Always been an abusive relationship.
Speaker 2: How was your weekend? It was cool?
Speaker 1: I do much and nothing. Rode my bike this week weekend. I did eat a lot on Saturday, so I felt really guilty on Sunday. Just a whole bunch of shit, Like I just kept frying stuff like plantons and oyster mushrooms and fry shrimp. I just was cooking everything I had in the damn refrigerator as far as I'm the service and now here it is today, and I'm like, man, that shit over with, all that fat shit over with y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah for me too. I started a detox yesterday.
Speaker 1: Like I juiced yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's just such an uphill battle, you know, it really is.
Speaker 1: So I thought that the juice I was buying from Whole Foods was expensive because it was eleven ninety nine, but so I bought all excuse, it's really not, though, because I bought so this juice has mango, grapes, apples, ginger, and pineapple in it. So I bought all those individual fruits, spent twenty five dollars on them, and I saved the bottle from Whole Foods for my last juice that I bought from them. One side juiced maybe like thirty grapes, the whole pineapple, six apples, some ginger, and a mango. It equal that bottle plus maybe this little bit I got in a jar. So really it costs more for me to juice myself. I probably get more juice though, you know what I'm saying, because I'm pretty sure they got some purified water some bullshit in theirs. But man, it's expensive to eat healthy.
Speaker 2: It's so expensive to eat healthy.
Speaker 1: And time consuming to juice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, I want to start juicing. But I love juicing. We'll see. I want like juice watermelons, that's what I want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love It's hard to find a good watermelon, man, And I'll go to the flea market on the weekends. Like I had got too sour ass watermelons one weekend and I had a flea market, yes, because they had the seated one usually looking Mexicans be having an old ass fruit. Man. Oh that's should be moldy as fuck out there. I was like, okay, now.
Speaker 2: Y'all showing up. Yes, come on, man, what did I do this weekend? Oh? Nothing? I only got one foot, so I can't do ship.
Speaker 1: Get on your good foot, bitch.
Speaker 2: I started watching the show with Nisi Nash. It's called grotesquea y It's it's like a who Done It? A thriller with like a sadistic serial killer.
Speaker 1: Is sheer killer?
Speaker 2: No, she's the detective? Okay, Yeah, so I support Nisi nash Uh. There's another actress in the show. She was on Being Mary Jane. She played the nise on Being Mary Jane that kept getting pregnant. I can't. I don't know her name. I'm sorry. She's too and they have her playing like this character who is you know, obese, and she has like a food addiction, so it's interesting to see. And she has picked up a considerable amount of weight. I don't know if they use AI to make her look bigger or she got bigger for the show, but ooh, that's part of the series. And I don't know, like which I.
Speaker 1: Can find a job for gaining weight? Sh no, because.
Speaker 2: It's not healthy.
Speaker 1: It is, but like, just say you did gain weight, she could still work, like she was able to find a job right gaining weight.
Speaker 2: So y'all watch the tescary if you like, like the who Done It? Yeah, so it's kind of scary, though I ain't gonna hold you.
Speaker 1: Do you watch true crime stuff?
Speaker 2: I watch it here when I'm at my mom's because they watch it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: My sister works in that industry, so she's very entertained by this shit. But I think it's weird. To be watching.
Speaker 1: Yes, I just I remember there was a point in my life, like in my twenties, like I would be watching that shit. First of all, I haven't had cable for real since two thousand and five, so that's probably when it ended. But it's just weird that true crime is like a genre in America, like for entertainment. Like, it's weird to me. And it's a lot of women that watch that.
Speaker 2: Shit and go to sleep watching it.
Speaker 1: Yes, all of that is like in your psyche and your subconscious mind programming while you sleeping, you wake up to a bitch screaming or deep voices talking like that. That's weird to me, Like that's.
Speaker 2: A I used to watch First forty eight back when it was new. Yeah, I mean, I guess that's a true crime show. But no, that doesn't. I never like turn that on my mother. Wait, she makes me want to throw her TV out the window. I swear every day, turn on Steve Harvey that fucking Family Few. She loves some fucking Family Few. Girl.
Speaker 1: My mom would be watching them in those Korean movies all day long for the last two years. I'm like, did don't you find it? I don't know it's like they've taken over her mind. And you know, those series be like twenty five thirty episodes. She will watch them, and then because it's not in English, right, she don't like like they let the English come over, so she'll watch it in the original language and the captions. But she can't read fast, so she's literally positive all day long. So it take her like a week to watch some shit like like you positive and rewinding it to see what they said.
Speaker 2: Like what, I'm not a big fan of movies where there's no English and I have to watch the subtitles, and I especially don't like a show where it's a different language and then they put the English speaking person over it. In the mouth is even different than the words. I'll turn it off, Y'll hang it up.
Speaker 1: I don't want to watch shame. Well, let's get into stupid internet news, y'all. We're gonna start with Man, I love Whitney Houston so so much. She's my all time favorite any talent show that I would because I used to sing really well, okay and tell my sister cursed me, but I used to always the former fucking Whitney Houston song. But Sissy passed away yesterday, her mom at ninety one years old.
Speaker 2: She was a long life.
Speaker 1: Man. I don't feel sad. People be like, man, we lost another one. Like, I don't feel like it's a loss. When someone lives a full life like that. You know, I'm probably gonna get the fuck up out of here, like ninety five, between ninety five and one hundred and five, So I'm gonna live a long, full life too. So I'm always excited when people live like good, long lives, like that's a that's not a loss for real.
Speaker 2: I just I love the fact that the three of them are back together, Cissy Whitney and the baby. What's the baby's name? Bobby, Baby Bobby?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know her husband up there with him with them too now thrown no Bobby, the little girls. Oh yeah yeah, maybe he passed away as well.
Speaker 2: But you know what, it's more people gone than it is here. Just remember that, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, niggas dying every day. Be listen what weirded me out last night?
Speaker 2: Y'all?
Speaker 1: I have what's these niggas podcasts? Hold on, let me tell you all right quick, because I'm like, yo, people are we depressed? That's all I could think? You are these guys podcasts? It says Shadow Bunny Scorpio. I don't know if that's their podcast. Who the fuck? Oh maybe some random person posted this. I don't know the guy's podcast. I've seen them before in line, but they was having a conversation. The guy was like, what's the what's one thing you're going to be happy that's over when the world starts to like end, and one of the whole says living like they're gonna be glad to get the fuck up out of here, and people in the comments like agreeing it was weird to me, and I commented, I was like, am I the only warrior?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Am I the only one that's gonna fight to the end because the bitch like me gonna always live to tell the story.
Speaker 2: So I'm like going here easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it's like it's almost like you might as well die today, you know what I'm saying, because I'm going out guns ablazing whatever's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too. I don't know what that ideology is, but maybe people are depressed and they're not happy here, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's that, And that's what I kind of want people to recognize, Like never mind waiting until the world ends. Are you happy being alive right now? Because based on these comments, our generation is highly depressed.
Speaker 2: M h.
Speaker 1: The first person that responded back to me was like, yes, baby, telling we was here, type of telling we was here for me, Like y'all ready to go? And I said, you know what, y'all the motherfuckers that would hide a zombie bite. Yeah, y'all are motherfuckers that'll be amongst a group of us trying to survive, and you do did some dumb shit, got bit and you just stole walking and hanging out with us like you regular waiting to turn go jump off a bridge. Okay. Somebody was like, yeah, girl, we're gonna fight it. We're gonna build a memorial for the following ones. I said, I'm not building naw memorial for no nigga that gave up Burnham for real, Like why would you give you on life?
Speaker 2: Listen, you gotta have compassion for people. Everybody ain't as strong as you. Everybody is not you. Everybody can't handle adversity the same way you do.
Speaker 1: But imagine a whole comment section like that, So that means won me and like a few old sprinkling so all y'all depressed and ready to go today. Yeah, I know you said worlds and you was just gonna start sniffing coke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna do some whoa, you know, but I ain't going out without a fight. But my fight gonna be highest school.
Speaker 1: How to you wait to apocalyst to get an opioid addiction?
Speaker 2: Right, I'm high as hell and I'm gonna fuck without a condo.
Speaker 1: And I guess ibody living like the end of the world because babe, I don't call no mother baby bitch. I still don't want to be burning apocalyst like you're not gonna be able to get no medication.
Speaker 2: Running from the zombies. M I pussy on.
Speaker 1: Fire and nobody can't wash like that, Like you really gonna get burned by some dirty dick.
Speaker 3: Okay, I always.
Speaker 1: Think about that watching the watching that bad meet Ricky Bobby, that pussy gonna be stayed got burned, Yet neither will I.
Speaker 2: Okay, BV to the max, anybody be very possible.
Speaker 1: Everybody got b V during the zombie Apocalypse. I'm pretty sure everybody on the Walking Dad had BV dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there was a washing.
Speaker 1: Niggas had the same clothes like every fucking day, bitch. I'm just man Like's not.
Speaker 2: Like I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Literally have wigs in my book bag during this apocalypse. Like what the I'm not about to be walking around here looking like bashon, okay, but.
Speaker 2: The fact that you worried about wigs during the zombie apocalyp this next.
Speaker 1: Level, bitch.
Speaker 2: I'm when the zombies come, I'm gonna have two corn roads going straight back and like my head right.
Speaker 1: Now underneath this week. Yeah, next girl, you.
Speaker 2: Know you will run out. You know what?
Speaker 1: Did he mama?
Speaker 2: Jide? Oh? Did hey? Mom speaks out. So Diddy's mom has finally weighed in on her son's legal troubles, stating while he might not have been completely honest about the whole castie situation, that doesn't automatically make him guilty of all the allegations in his adictment. Jenis kOhm spoke out about the situation to local ten news on Sunday through her attorney, expressing her devastation over the allegations against her son, saying he was judged by the truth. He was judged not by the truth, but by a narrative created out of lies. She also said to bear witness to what seems like a public lynching of my son before he had the opportunity to prove his innocence. Is a pain too unbearable to put into words. Okay, Mortician, listen what you call her mortician girl?
Speaker 1: Because I remember seeing a statement of what her saying, like, her son is not the monster they're making her out to be, making him out to be. She is mortitious. She had that monster Adam's family. Absolutely, Oh my god, you could not tell Mortitia her baby wasn't beautiful.
Speaker 2: But listen, here's the thing, what mother it could be little a nigga in jail named Little Pistol Starter is his nickname, and he don't kill a bunch of people. And the mom is still gonna be like, that's my baby. I love him. He's not the monster that because a mother's love is just you know, is it a different thing. So I don't knock her for supporting her baby. That's what mothers do. That's just what mothers do.
Speaker 1: Have y'all seen that movie The Good Son, You remember that movie. It was like the these people's biological son, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she dropped her son over the clifs exactly.
Speaker 1: So that would be me right, knowing I have this demon seed, right and he's about to kill all of us at this point, even the son we adopted, he's the mad seed. At some point you have to recognize that, you know, Yeah, yeah, that you kind of you know what I'm saying, Yeah, I agree, But that mother's love thing is just so it's the closest thing to God's love, right, and it's very unconditional at times, and it's hard to like, I think I don't know it yet.
Speaker 2: I would hope that God would bless me to know that type of love for my child, but I think it's a bond that's just hard to break mentally. It's just hard to especially when.
Speaker 1: You made your child the way they are. You know. That's something also because you know a lot of people speculate about him and his mom's relationship, not saying like they have like some crazy like Oedipis type shit going on. But you know a lot of moms enable their children to be the people that they are.
Speaker 2: Oh, anytime I see like a very fucked up line lineage, I always look at the matriarch.
Speaker 1: Exactly like we literally wear the fruit, they we bury that fruit. So I mean listen.
Speaker 2: Ooh ooh, which makes me y'all. You know, I love reading me a good book. That's what I did. I read this book in like three days. It's called The The Housemaid. If y'all are reader, and y'all like a who done it? Read The Housemaid? It is so good and it's definitely like you know about the mom. You know who's the mom and what they do for the family. So read that, y'allah.
Speaker 1: Like like I said, our mothers are definitely our gods in a way, you know what I'm saying. They literally give us life. So when you looking at like how a person is, you have to look at how they were raised. You have to, like you can't. But the thing I don't agree with with this ditty case is how this attorney has now essentially put like a class action lawsuit out there so anybody like a hotline he has and over twelve thousand people have now called into this hotlines and that they were violated by Diddy. How my nigga, Like now it's almost going to get to the point. And this is to me, I wouldn't be surprised if this, if this, if this attorney right, who's representing all these people isn't actually working for Diddy because the weird part is like, once you get twelve thousand people together, you know they're all lying in the majority of them is a lot, right. That kind of discredits the people who actually have legitimate lawsuits against Ditty, so he can kind of use this in his favor, like the wire exactly, these people are inspiring against me because if I was his attorney, bitch, that would be the route I would be going. This is all of which Hunt, This is all some bullshit, So I don't know. It's just weird, Like y'all create a hotline. Did y'all do that for Harry Wysee? No, I'm signing like niggas now, you know niggas be like, oh, they always bring the black man down. But for real, man, this is a bit much. That's a bit much. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a lot twelve thousand people. He ain't had that many parties, right, Like, God, you haven't baby off of all of them people.
Speaker 1: Fly one of my I don't know that. I do want to fuck on a bloud mattress with a bunch of oil. It's just one of my things I want to do at some point, like.
Speaker 2: What is that? What that's for? I still want to know, Like, can somebody please tell me what they gotta.
Speaker 1: Be for a slipping slide party? Gotta be for slipping slide party? Like why else? First of all, that's like coconut oil would be the better option for lubrication. So I don't know what you're doing with all this fucking baby oil, all that petroleum. That's a lot sounds like BV to me. You need to use some coconut oil. And it's just weird how they put that particular point in the media. It's like, this is the world state.
Speaker 2: I could you not put that point in the media though, But that's.
Speaker 1: Why it's so unseerious, you know. That makes it so unseerious to me.
Speaker 2: But there's no children involved, So what is really like?
Speaker 1: I mean, they're saying there's children. There's now people saying that they were molested by him at nine and shit like that. There's adults now saying that, yeah, did he did this to me when I was a child. I came in for a record deal and he made me top of them off, Like for real, that's happening, yes, So I just it's just it's just too weird. It's getting real weird. So I don't know, good luck to Diddy. Man, I still can't like condemn people. That's not for me to do. Karma always come back a line to get that ass.
Speaker 2: It's a publicly like I'm people. I just can't, you know, with the Cassie thing. I because you know, I have loved Diddy forever. You know, I used to say I want to be on his boat. You know, I want to go on the boat. But God protect babies and fools, so I ain't never make it on there. But I mean what we saw him do to Cassie definitely hurt my feelings to see that happens. So I'm not like really like good luck to Diddy because he did some very agregious shit. Absolutely yeah, but I will say, like.
Speaker 1: We know, the luck ain't gonna be good. So it's not like I'm like, oh I hope he gets off. Hell no, like Nigga good luck. That's really like sarcasm.
Speaker 2: Okay, the fu.
Speaker 1: But I'm still not gonna be the person that says, oh, he deserves this, because like those are the people that would probably go to a public hanging or a public stoning online, just like his mom said, like he's being publicly like, I don't want to. I'm never gonna be one in the audience throwing a stone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, because even though I lest some shit happened to me or someone I love and I know personally, that would be the only way I have a stone to cast. Well.
Speaker 1: See, I'm different in that way too, because when it happens to one, I feel like it's happening to all right, So I I never feel like I'm exempt from any bullshit happening, right, But I'm still not here to just publicly condemn people because.
Speaker 2: Everybody got some balls. If this ship out of me and you knew, you wouldn't publicly condemn him, No, absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, I probably wouldn't because I want to be able to make you disappear in two years. Like so, I don't want nobody to ever tie me to your disappearance, not you, but the person who did it to you. So I probably wouldn't be as public about it if I plan actually doing something today. Fucking ass, you know what I'm saying. It's a little different. I don't know next. Tim Moury, Okay, Tim Murray has her new reality TV show, and she said she lost the virginity to her husband at twenty five. The actress family grew up in a religious household and was not allowed to date until the age of eighteen. And the same clip, Tia talks about being her true authentic self for the first time as her white picket fence persona was not all it seemed to be. She said, at times she went home and fell alone despite being married.
Speaker 2: Oh m, she's a good woman, Savannah five, that's it.
Speaker 1: And that's the only man she's ever known. So he was her first ever thing. Is what he what she said? I can see her now wanting to live with Baybe. It ain't nothing outside, girl, Go explore a little bit, might get a few extra dicks up your sleep. But see if your husband have you back, because.
Speaker 2: Right or they'll have each other back, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like see if y'all can work ship out, because maybe he'll be understanding that you you never actually lived, because niggas be living, Okay. I don't see him ever holding off on some gucci before or after the marriage.
Speaker 2: I wish I had my virginity to my husband. That would have been nice.
Speaker 1: You know, a lot of women ain't gonna admit to that, like we'd be saying whole his life and all that ship. But girl, by, you know you can wish you can all control, all delite some of them bodies off that pussy because I know I all love them. I know what I do ripping out the plastic on my motherfucker wedther day. Okay, yeah, get rejuvenation. I mean that's kind of kind of new, Yeah for my wedding day. Kind of kind of knew a little bit. I don't know. Yeah, I wish I could literally, I mean, I do delete people. You know, if I ain't coming, don't count, So it do count. That should do not count, bitch, especially if they ran to die too. What happened.
Speaker 2: Never happened. That's mean as fun.
Speaker 1: But y'all knew that.
Speaker 2: But knew that, But y'all knew I was mean.
Speaker 1: See that's what I'm saying. Never change change, So y'all, this one last story is let me know what y'all doing. So woman says her truck driver husband was missing for two days. She filed a police support and he suddenly appears and apologizes on Facebook. Baby, I'm sorry, that's what he had to say.
Speaker 2: It was a long like.
Speaker 1: Little let me pull it up right quick, hold on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he made a statement because people were like, uh, coming for her, and he made a statement in support of her. But bitch, where the fuck were you at? Where could worry you?
Speaker 1: So it says a man went missing for forty eight hours and his wife out a police report and told Facebook all about it. On Sunday, a woman by the name of Brittany Brittany from a now deleted Facebook page share that her husband, Joseph Avery, was a truck driver and had been missing for forty eight hours. She continued to share that his employer was contacted to locate his truck and they weren't helpful. On Wednesday, excuse me. Eventually, she updated the Facebook post and shared there was a police report filed. A few hours later, she stated her husband of four years had been found and she didn't know his condition. On Wednesday, Avery made a public post on social media site on a social media site apologizing, but he didn't share where he was when no one could find him. However, he confirmed he was in contact with his wife for two days and that was not He was not in contact with his wife for two days and that was not like him. Listen when I said this to Tabby Tims, like he gay he was a nigga for two days. Flick. Hey, let's say knowing that this guy was just found truck driver was just found in North Carolina, essentially lynched, right, I can understand her concern. Your heartsman just disappears for two whole fucking days.
Speaker 2: Forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: And we know these niggas who drive trucks, they be like whores. Okay, let's just be honest. They could skip, they bout pussy in all different states.
Speaker 2: And if they got one of the beds in the bad women be actually getting up in that truck and fucking in that truck.
Speaker 1: Girl, you sucking dick in the back of a truck. You're a wild If that's not your husband, that's not your man.
Speaker 2: What are you doing right? Why are you hopping your answer in the can?
Speaker 1: Because I'll definitely meet my nigga at a truck stop, okay, but what what are you doing? So yeah, they got the pictures of them. He kind of looked like, Uh, what's the rapper from California? The one the game, the one Sweetie Dayton genisis no sweety not dating him. What's the nigga YG? He looked like YG a little bit to meet this guy. But yeah, so she she updated.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, he mean like YG, stay for you gates because that's what he was doing. I believe.
Speaker 1: She was like, yeah, he does suffer from health issues. They call the company he works for it. They said he was last in Maryland, but the tractor hasn't moved or moved for seventeen hours, so he basically parked that shit and somebody came and scoop his ass up. They said, if he doesn't make the delivery by tomorrow, they will call the police. Is that normal for a company to do that? Yeah, because they have like a certain timeframe. So as long as he makes he meets the delivery time right, it's not an issue. So I guess he spent his down hours somewhere somewhere, But it says edis is. I call the company several times and they told me to call tomorrow and hung up on me. So they're like, bitch, we're not about to get into no domestic shit with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's none of our business. He did his job and we're not concerned until he doesn't do his job. If that truck don't come back when it's supposed to, it's a problem for us. But other than that, that's between y'all exactly. So here's his apology.
Speaker 1: I like to issue a public apology to my wife, all caps, Brittany, Brittany, I'm sorry, baby, for the humiliation and embarrassment that I caused you. I've seen all the bashing and allegations from all the internet trolls about us not being really married or her being a crazy X stocker, and none of that is true. She's my wife and has been for four years. She was genuinely concerned and hadn't heard from me in over forty eight hours, which is unlike me. I usually always check in. She done what any wife would do. She made a post to bring awareness, especially since I suffered from health issues, so technically I was missing. Since I hadn't spoken to my wife or family for a few days, she thought something had happened to me or I was having a medical emergency. I was missing, so please stop saying she fought a false report. Again, baby, I'm sorry for causing all this stuff coming for my wife and family come at me, but they shortly thereafter that both of them deleted their Facebook posts.
Speaker 2: It's too late, baby, you made it and we talk back.
Speaker 1: Man were happening, Brittany, Joseph was fucking cheating, Okay. If the nigga was not in jail or at the hospital, he was cheating. Where is the risk band from the hospital? Like, where was he right? Where your nigga been at? We are concerned now because you made a public We need to know where that nigga been at.
Speaker 2: Where were you at, Joe, Joe? That's what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to know where the fuck he was at? Like, my nigga cannot disappear for two days. For two days, imagine like when you get home, I won't be there. I will not be.
Speaker 2: There two whole days is crazy? Without a word? Seven who then you come back and say just I'm sorry and where were you? Seven home?
Speaker 1: Nice? She was just about through it two days and I'm just about through girl. Hold on, before we get off, did I tell you about the old man I have bought up? Like speaking of Facebook marketplace, I had bought air pump, like a portable air pump from this old way.
Speaker 2: You talking about speaking us? If we did not have that conversation we had it, yeah off here, right?
Speaker 1: But girl, why is seventy seventy something year old white man texting my damn phone now? But anyway, because I did give him my number because he does like the whole selling you know, you buy, like the some shit some might that might be something I want to get into, you know what I'm saying, especially like cosmetic stuff. But when I went to pick the airpump up from him, we met at Zaxby's. We sat there and talked for like twenty minutes, and within this twenty minutes I knew all of his shit, all his business. But he had told me that, you know, his wife divorced him. He got divorced like in his forties. He said he used to own a firestone and some young girl came in there one day. It was basically trying to trade her ringing to get new tires and brakes, and I guess he started fucking with her. But he said that he always used to come home between six thirty and six forty five every day. Right. He said he was late coming home two times, and by the second time his wife had got a private investigator on her on him.
Speaker 2: You mentioned this on the show before I did.
Speaker 1: Yeap oh deleted you did like bitch two days too. Motherfucking you came home. You was late, though, I'm still on your ass.
Speaker 2: Fifteen minutes late.
Speaker 1: Fifteen minutes late anyway.
Speaker 2: All right, So when we get back from our break, we're going to talk about unfollowing and following, blocking and unblocking in your phone and social media? Is it healthy? What do you think?
Speaker 1: And I do it and it is a form of manipulation as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 2: Well call me manipulation, Tam, because I'm blocking your ass. We'll be right back you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, So we're back, and for today's episode, I wanted to talk about, uh, unfollowing and following people on social media? How do you feel when you unfollow people? And how do you feel when someone unfollows you or even blocks you? And to take it a step further, have you ever been blocked? Tammy?
Speaker 2: Have you I just I just got blocked.
Speaker 1: Block you.
Speaker 2: One of my old niggas.
Speaker 1: Damn you got blocked by dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he mad, he real sassy girl. Don't worry about it. He was sassy thing, sassy frast He told me he was gonna take me away. From my birthday, and then he was on bullshit and then he didn't do it, and then the next time he hit me up, I was like, boy, fuck you full of shit. You don't even communicate. He's like, I'm sick of your mouth, and then he blocked me. What the hell, sassy?
Speaker 1: But why would men stand on business? We be calling them sassy? That's fucked up.
Speaker 2: How's dad standing on business? All you had to do if something came up and you couldn't take me, you could have communicated that you sure you birthday? I said you just I said, you always on bullshit? You unreliable. Mm hmm, that's always your mouth. What did I say?
Speaker 1: Nigga had a block party on you.
Speaker 2: I don't care. He'll be back. They always come back with thing.
Speaker 1: I've never been blocked by a guy before, but I have definitely been blocked by an ex best friend to this date. And I'm like, well, I'm assuming to this day because I haven't checked in a while.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Actually, somebody sent me that she was pregnant. But they just sent like a Facebook link and I clicked on it and I couldn't see anything. So I was like, oh, she must have got me blocked, but for what, Like your life is not that lit for me to like want to see everything you got going on to where you're on social media. Yes, that is so weird to me.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever had any women blocking, you know, like.
Speaker 1: I would never now I havelock and this same person I have blocked and then unblocked just so I unfollow her and she can unfollow me. You know, that's how you get people to unfollow you, Like I've done that, Like so within the same second, I'm blocking and unblocking just to get the unfollowed. But no, I've never just blocked for what picture me rolling?
Speaker 2: Well, what's the point of blocking and unblocking.
Speaker 1: So they can unfollow and you unfollow? Like you force them to unfollow you when you block and unblock, like within the same minute, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Oh, but I'm just saying, but why because.
Speaker 1: If we are no longer friends, why do you need to be following me? I'm not gonna block you.
Speaker 2: It's definitely it's still definitely girls in my uh follows that we're not friends no more, but we just never unfollowed each other.
Speaker 4: It's cool whatever, No, I feel like it's levels, right, So like best friendshit, like you were somebody I speak to every day and then now we just aren't friends anymore. Oh, I did block one of my old best That's what I'm saying, Like, that's it's just different.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Did y'all refollow each other since y'all cool?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. To block and then y'all may eventually start talking to each other again or some shit like why are you even doing that? Or to unfollow like I felt like it was super final. That's why I went ahead and did the unfollowed thing.
Speaker 2: No, when i'm mad, I will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've done it to me, and so that's also a part of this conversation.
Speaker 2: Bitch.
Speaker 1: If you aren't following me, please let me know. That was that was last year? Okay. If you an't following me, bitch, bitch, let me know so I can unfollow your ass too. We like still having to do business and ship. And I realized, bitch.
Speaker 3: I just see you today.
Speaker 2: I had not forgot. Wasn't you following your ass? And you said, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: Ca Saio asked my mentions as a follow Bitch, did you unfollow me at one point, Petty, is you okay?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Are you okay?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I wasn't then are you well? Like that never crossed my mind to unfollow Tammy, Like, no matter if we beefing or what like, I still got to see and talk to this bitch. So like that, what is that really going to do? Other than like to me, it's foolish, right, That's what I'm saying. When I do it, it's final. I don't gotta never fuck with you again. Period.
Speaker 2: No for me is I do not want listen. The best thing they ever gave me was the mute button. That mute button is my best friend. Because if I'm not if I'm mad at you and I'm not talking to you, I don't want to see you out smiling having a good time, I don't want to see nothing. Really, get that out of my space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is so weird.
Speaker 2: Ain't shit funny? Bitch?
Speaker 1: I'm never like that. But I realized that a lot of people and I think we even had an episode about blocking before, right, And I know I said, like to me, blocking is a form of manipulation, especially if you plan on unblocking a person and speaking to them later on. It's like you catting off access to you for a moment. That's fucked up because you do that to me, I'm not talking to you no more.
Speaker 2: If you block me, I never When I block, it's with intention to never speak to you again. Now, if somehow the universe decides first to reconcile, then okay. But in that moment, I've done with you for life.
Speaker 1: And so I guess I don't reconcile, right, because I really like being on some shit like yeah, I'm good on you whatever forever. If we get to that point to where you got the block or block me or I'm unfollowing and all that shit, man, we good forever. I'm cool. One of my ex best friends still follow me, but I've been unfollowed that bitch, and another one I kept blocking and unblocking so she can unfollow me. I don't even want you following me, bitch. That's so how much I don't like you.
Speaker 2: I literally blocked and unblocked a nigga in the same night. See that is like, in less than twenty four hours, I had them blocked to me and unblocked him. I blocked him because I was mad, but then after I'm mad at myself.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's not that deep. I unblocked.
Speaker 1: See, I do things with a little bit more intention, so I if I go that far, that's it because I already know, like, Okay, we beefing right now, but I'm gonna want to talk to you later or I know, and my soul is not final, but the ministum shit fine on my soul, bitch, fuck you am unfollowing. I'm I'm still not blocking though, so I don't. I don't do that type of shit. I wanted to try to figure out some of the reasons, Like this is aside from like people we actually know, right, because I know we also have people. Do you follow anybody on social media you don't know personally or you've like become friends with them on social media.
Speaker 2: I follow a lot of bitches from the show. It's a lot of people who have like listen to the show, comment on something, and I'll follow them back and then we become friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I usually follow people back who like share our show, like if they share it on their story or on their page, like those usually the people I follow back because I really appreciate their support. But then then you just have people like I'll have random people following. I usually look at people who follow. I'll look and see and if they just look like they got life going on, I might follow back. But then I'll do a purge every so often, you know, and they might be one of the people I unfollow, just there's no rhyme or reason.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been following somebody and be like what did that start following this person? Why?
Speaker 1: And I've seen myself accidentally follow people before, like you just strolling and now like the follower is right there, so you can fuck run and hit it and not realize it, like it's on the image basically.
Speaker 2: So like the other day on my timeline, I saw this nigga who was like holding pistols and money and his pains was low and all that stuff, and I was like, how did I start following this nigga? When did that happen? You know? I follow?
Speaker 1: I think when people buy followers, I think they make accounts, real accounts follow people and you just have to realize you didn't follow that person and unfollow. I think that might be a package deal you can buy, because I swear it'd be people I have never seen them on my timeline before, just random ask who are you?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Yeah, because who is that guy? I would never follow somebody who running around with guns and money online, you know, like in person, perhaps, but not if that's your social media image. I'm not. That's not my ministry, baby.
Speaker 1: And even people I know who don't post shit like you haven't posted it in years, I'm unfollow you, like bitches I went to school with and shit like that. Like, I'm unfollow you if I'm doing like a low purge and you don't even use Instagram, Yeah, I'm unfollowing. So I do do that type of shit because I like numbers, right, so I want my number to say it's certain, Like the follow number is nine nine nine, So you might get Yeah, you might get kicked out because I want it to be nine because I like nine. It's a good number.
Speaker 2: So you only want nine hundred and ninety nine people you follow, and that's it. That's not strange.
Speaker 1: So here are some reasons that people will unfollow, okay. Number one is emotional boundaries. Unfollowing someone often serves as a way to protect your emotional wellbeing. If someone frequently posts content that causes stress, anxiety, or negative emotions, the follower may choose choose to distance themselves to maintain their own mental health. I have unfollowed accounts for that type of shit, like you just always posting negative shit. I hate a bit you always posting as somebody hating on them, Like, don't nobody even know you, girl? I'm unsorrowing you.
Speaker 2: You think that that is? I have no people like that, Like everybody is just against them, everybody is jealous of them, everybody is just girl relaxed.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I'm unfollowing you know, because I don't want it to ever get every for you to ever feel any type of way. If I don't like something, or if I don't comment on your post, or if I look at your story and not hearted, I never want you to feel a way. So let me just go ahead and unfollow, because those will be the people who think somebody just looking at them just to.
Speaker 2: Look and hat I don't like, but I'm one of those people, Like if you don't post me for my birthday, I will have a like are we good? Are we ah? Is you cool? I don't care why you ain't. No, why you ain't only if you're if you're a person who don't post a lot, But if You're posting all day every day, and you posting everybody else's birthday and you don't post mine? What's up? Is there a problem?
Speaker 1: So you would think that person is not your friend?
Speaker 2: You on one? What's up?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: Are?
Speaker 2: We cool? With everything? Cool? Because why didn't you post me? And then I definitely go to make sure I posted. I look at our messages and see if I posted you for yours? Oh but you got me fugged up?
Speaker 1: But what if she texts you that day and towards you happy birthday? So oh my god, Okay.
Speaker 2: Post me because I'm gonna text you. I'm gonna call you. And what else I'm gonna do on your birthday?
Speaker 1: Post and call and sing happy birthday.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna sing to your motherfucking ass. The least you can do is post my picture on your page, especially if you're not on your page on your store.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, it's only like a quick click, you know, it's not much to do. But I'm still not mad at a bitch for now because I don't only my immediate friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like close friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I ain't.
Speaker 2: But if I posted you, you close enough, bitch? Post me bad?
Speaker 1: So the relationship over if the friend don't post your birthday.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not over, but there's gonna be a conversation to be had very soon about it.
Speaker 1: Yo. And how would that conversation go? You would call him and say, what.
Speaker 2: Hey, girl, how you doing? You cool? Is everything cool? I think it's real funny. Dad.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, get the fuck off my phone.
Speaker 2: I've been stressed out all day and I didn't I didn't see your posts, So what's up. You don't like me, you hate me? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Yo? What about my dog died today or something? Now you're gonna feel like shit for stressing somebody else.
Speaker 2: Then I'd be like, I'm so sorry, I didn't know that. I would didn't apologize, but I mean, you can make a related post and I understand.
Speaker 1: Yo, okay. No. Social comparison is another reason why people may unfollow someone. So it says constant comparison with others lives as showcase on social media can lead to feelings of inadequacy. People may unfollow individuals who suppost constantly trigger envy, jealousy, or feelings of being less than. That's never me because when I see a motherfucker doing great, I know I can do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will definitely mute somebody.
Speaker 1: Yo, you're fucking nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah I will. I will not because I'm jealousy jealous. It's just because I don't want to ever be comparing myself, you know. If I start to feel like a parison part, yeah, I'll be like, look, this is gonna be counterproductive for what I got going on right now, So I'm just gonna mute you. It's not personal, it's just about me. Does that make sense for you? Because it's not like and be like, it's not like I look at this ship and be like, oh, you shouldn't have that. That should be me. That's never my energy. I'm always proud of everybody. I want them to do great, especially black women, you know. But if I start to feel like I could be comparing my situation to theirs, I will mute.
Speaker 1: I guess I never do that though. I never compare my situation to somebody else. Haters are bred through that type of shit, right because either you're gonna be inspired or you're gonna become a hater. So I'm not saying become a hater. Why you would block that person out? But my mind never thinks like that like I never I don't really do comparison mode for real. The only people I be jealous of, I'm gonna be honest, the motherfucking Wall Street Trapper, Chap, the Wall Street Trapper. As much as I love that nigga, because I love him, Okay, I cannot stand when that nigga show his motherfucker brokeras you count balance, I'd be so jealous.
Speaker 2: I don't be like Yo, I've been traded for years. Where's my m okay, but it's coming so I'm not dressed. It too bad.
Speaker 1: It gives me, but no, it motivates me. It motivates me, like I literally have on my vision board. Yeah, like four m four million dollars on my fucking brokerage account on my vision board. Like, no, mute, and look, I was jealous. The other day he was posting this girl for her birthday, saying how she was the one that got away. Excuse me?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so just mute people.
Speaker 1: You don't know you internet boyfriend of my mind? Are you? Well?
Speaker 2: I like her? You get your CA and will and will.
Speaker 1: But luckily, my nigga, don't listen to this show.
Speaker 2: I'm about the blackmail.
Speaker 1: Yo's gonna listen and send it to him, and I'm gonna kill whoever that is.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna either send me a tay tea tomorrow around twelve o'clock or I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Just extorting me for Boba. What is happening? Yeah, I'd be jealous of his broker's account, like that's the only person on social media, Like I'd be like, especially if I had a bad day in the market and I see somebody else made money, I'm like, oh my fucking god, I hate these people. Other than that, I'm cool.
Speaker 2: There's a it's a couple. I won't say their name, but I had to mute her because I'm just tired of y'all being in love. What y'all. I'm so sick of y'all that because I don't want y'all to be in love. I love, but I love love. But I'm just like, girl enough, bitch, I don't have a man. I can't take this. It's eating me up. You eating me up every day. I want to know a girl will tell me. I'll tell you after the ship telling everybody because they be like, not you hating on so and so. It's you know what, I am hating. Fuck it, it is what it is. I'm jealous, yo.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: So I had to mute her. I don't but listen, let me make this very clear. I don't want them to break up. I love the love. I just don't have it yet.
Speaker 1: People shit don't be looking like what it is.
Speaker 2: We know that too, right right right, It might not be as beautiful as it looks on social media and oftentimes, I mean, people post a highlight reel. They don't post the bullshit. You know. So, but.
Speaker 1: How about Chanelle and Duke. Who's that Chanelle like the fitness girl. I think it's like Chanelle, uh, Chanelle Dezzler something like that, and her fiance they engage now, name is Duke. I was so happy when he got engaged. I felt like it was like some people I actually knew. They're like the finest couple on Instagram. To me, the motherfuckers look good, both of them.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Hold on, let me see make a funny havee real quick? Duke so fucking fine. He's Nigerian African dude. Hey, go right here.
Speaker 2: I don't be really caring about the fitness girlies with their boyfriend because I like to eat. Show me a fat couple, I'd be jealous of the shive me a.
Speaker 1: Fat bitch with her her man, I'm mad.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've never seen these No, you don't know them in my life. No, but they are beautiful, you know, and.
Speaker 1: Duke fine and hell she's so fine. Like how you got a fat ass in a six pack? I'm confused.
Speaker 2: You can have that right now for the price of eight thousand dollars right care credit, But yep, can get you. So. But yeah, that's the only people I I mute because I don't block anybody on social media anymore. I just mute. Yeah, if I'm following them. Yeah, so just that one girl and her boyfriend, because damn, let me get a nigga before y'all put it in my face every fucking day.
Speaker 1: They're jealous ass girl.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's all. Oh like all like literally every guy that I've dated in the since Instagram started, that we fell out. They no, they please your that was.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean it to be it that.
Speaker 2: No, they're all none of them niggas engage. Only one of them is married. Oh no, two of them are married now from my past, but all of them outside industries being the whores they were when they were went me. But they're all blocked on social media.
Speaker 1: Damn you block all your old niggas.
Speaker 2: Not all of them, but a lot of them, because it always is in some type of betrayal that leads to me like you don't need to have access to me anymore.
Speaker 1: I only got one nigga blocked, or one.
Speaker 2: Guy I blocked because he didn't take care of his kids, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You know, everybody should block him. You should put his Instagram name on your story. Everybody should.
Speaker 2: Right as your son lives down the street and he ain't seen you in years. When I found that out, I was like, oh hell, no blocked period.
Speaker 1: No value misalignment. It says as people grow and evolved, their values may shift. If someone's content no longer resonates or aligns with those evolving values, it's common for users to unfollow. For instance, if someone becomes more politically active or shares controversial opinions, others might feel the need to unfollow to avoid conflict, to conflict or discomfort. I agree with that. I really don't unblocking, especially like right now, like the political ship has been It's just a it's a bit much, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it can get ugly.
Speaker 1: Disrespectful.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah, they're passionate and sometimes they get rude. You know, it gets to a place where And that's why I don't wanting to talk about y'all. AJ really wants us to have a political conversation on the show, but I just feel like this our show is so much fun and it's so happy, and I don't want her and I to you know.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be like that, right, So you already in the wrong mindset.
Speaker 2: But it has been like that before when we talked about it, and that's why I don't want to enter it into that space and then we be back in so and then I'll be I'll follow you again, you know what I'm saying, Like, I.
Speaker 1: Don't why does it have to be? You know? This is this is why also just in real life, regular life, I try to stay away from religion and politics too. Like I try to really gravitate towards people who have the same views, but I also like to still see what other people think. Like I'm not just to seeing in girl. I'm not a Fox girl. What I don't subscribe to no news station, but I like to see all the things, So I'm never going to just discard someone's opinion or their views about something in particular. We should be able to converse without it being an argument about some shit. Is what bitches call you willfully ignorant is when she gets stupid. Yeah, because you said that, Yes, you did call me willfully ignorant three years ago.
Speaker 2: I said it. It was because you said some slitch bitch.
Speaker 1: Nah, bitch because look, yes, ain't get vaccinated because of me, bitch like hive out here saving fucking lives. Bitch because ain't a motherfucker in this world regret not getting vaccinated. Okay, everybody, we're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right about that. But we did like our when we would talk politics, that would get nasty, you know, So I just don't want to do it. I like where we are right now. I like the space that we're in. I like the way we were communicating, and I just don't want politics to ruin that.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why I wanted to bring on other people. Right, it doesn't have to necessarily be us having a conversation, but with a platform like we talk back, you know, and it's not like so we're not a comedy podcast, right, it's culture and society, Like we need to be talking about the things that's happening.
Speaker 2: I yes, we should be talking about the things that are happening. I agree, I just don't know politics should be one of them. But we can revisit that before the election.
Speaker 1: Well the election is in twenty nine days, okay.
Speaker 2: So we visit it next week and I'm gonna have the same shame.
Speaker 1: But yeah, some people. I haven't unfollowed people because of their political opinions, but if the shit is too radical, I'm really looking at you sideways because I just feel like it's just something. It be something there, right, it's just something like you.
Speaker 2: It's something I don't like when it when it gets to like as much as I enjoy sexy Red, I had to unfollow her because our Sukiana Sukihan is mine. Sometimes the content is just a little bit more than that agrees with my personal taste. Yes, so I just have to like follow, Yeah, no shade to them. I like it was like that one picture when she was like holding her coochie list like a penis. That's when I was like, all right, that is.
Speaker 1: For me enough. Yeah, Sukiyana I've always had a love hite relationship for her because I just know she's much more than what she presents. So I always battle with that, just not wanting to discard. And I mean, she don't know me, so it doesn't matter, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got millions of followers. They don't care. You know. It's about the content that I want to consume, right, you know, it's not personal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that ship is not for me. Like that, you'd be saying some super intelligence sound and ship the next thing, you know, she looking at that long ass tongue with her leg cock open eating, put s on a video all type of wearing shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah for Auntie, listen, I just come from a different I'm okay, I'm understanding and I'm accepting that. I just come from a time. Yeah, Trina raor girl like you know.
Speaker 3: Just still classy, whole classy ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay, Yeah, decluttering the digital space. So we kind of talked about that already, just you know, cleaning your page up, cleaning up the followers, looking for people that do not who are not social like I don't.
Speaker 2: Like those bitches and I call them bitches who will have a whole bunch of followers come follow you. You'll be like, oh, they got good content, follow you, and then you look back two days later and they've unfollowed.
Speaker 1: I think that's how a lot of people build their followers.
Speaker 2: Too, trying to build their followers and keep their numbers low. Bitch, don't come over here with that because I don't follow you back. Why are you doing that?
Speaker 1: You're whack if you do that type of shit and I and I've seen that, not just with the women, men do that shit too, like random ass nigga following. You might follow back because they content looks lit. A couple of days later, like what is happening? That's pretty whack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's lame. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: I've had people I know do that, not like recently, but like.
Speaker 2: What follow you and then when you follow back on following?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes it is. At one point I wasn't on social media like that, so when I started getting back on that type of whack shit was happening.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had somebody try to force a follow from you? Yeah, keep ding and they'll follow you and unfollow follow my back and then unfollow you, and then so you can keep showing up at so they can keep showing up as a new follow, Like.
Speaker 1: I've never had that happen, but I've had people like putting messages in the comments like you'll follow me back? Why if I wanted to, I would? I saw you follow me? I promise I saw. I don't want to like.
Speaker 2: But when did our world become?
Speaker 1: So everybody wants to feel important? So that's what the follow thing is, right, it's about it feeds something in people. It feeds something in you to see the likes, right, it feeds something. Oh, it gives you do That's what Instagram is. It's instant grams of dopamine. That's literally what the fuck they've created. It's a drug. Because I can't disconnect. And we had a whole episode about just disconnecting from social media to digital detox. I'm still trying every day. I'm still trying to because I know I can do something more productive with those hours I spend on social media. And if it's not a straight six hours, I mean it adds up throughout the day you on and off the app.
Speaker 2: I have a problem with going on Facebook, Marketplace and offer up and I'm like, just I love it. Haggling motherfuckers like price haggling for shit I don't even want. I just like to see how far I can get people together. Bitch, I'm blocking you, like, I'm just like the negotiator, Like I will send them like they don't have a price for something, and I'll send them where it's a similar price marked down online for their shit, Like I can get a new one of what you're selling for. I just need to tell, right, yeah, for five dollars more than what you're trying to sell it for. So are you willing to accept this price that I've offered you? Like, I really be going back?
Speaker 1: What's the last thing you off of Facebook Marketplace?
Speaker 2: I just I just actually bought a salon sink okay off of Facebook mark and listen. It was so lit because I got a sink, uh, two dryers because they're refurbishing their salon, this Salona downtown Charlotte and I and since I'm moving from place to place, I just needed some new stuff and they gave me all this ship. So what I'm gonna do? I mean, they gave me a bunch of shit.
Speaker 1: You want to resell it? No?
Speaker 2: Period?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they probably didn't feel, like, you know, having to deal with the things. And that's what I was talking about last week, like with my storage unit, Like I wanted to sell that stuff, but I didn't really have the time. So mm hm. Reducing social pressure. Sometimes social media connections connections feel like obligations, especially with acquaintances or distant relatives. Unfollowing can reduce the pressure to engage with people one might not have a close relationship with, creating more space for authentic interactions. Not y'all unfollowing family, because y'all all want to deal with them, and you got to be careful who you engage with. So even though, like you know, engaging with listeners because that's something I like to do, you just got to be careful because some people just they automatically just think y'all like for real besties mm hmm. You know, and some some people be cool.
Speaker 2: But then others they just start a lot of people are you know, actually really cool. But then some people be really thinking, like I don't know you.
Speaker 1: They can pull up in your city, like I had a Nigga message be like, now, maybe I just didn't say, but I don't live in Charlotte, right, I don't know. Maybe they never heard that. But this nigga driving trucks is like I'm coming through. Excuse me, I don't even live there. You don't know my life. You don't really know my life. Dog, and my nigga is a killer. Okay, I only fuck with killers. I'm not about to risk my life or yours, sir, right legs the hell it's happened? Yeah, self esteem and empowerments. For some, unfollowing is an empowering act, so you power tripping. H It represents taking control of one's digital environment and reinforcing personal boundaries. This is particularly true in toxic relationships or after a breakup, where unfollowing may signal a need to move on and regain emotional independence.
Speaker 2: So that's when it's a prop Yeah, I've done that. Like, you don't need access to me in any way anymore after this is done. And like if we ended amicably, then okay, we can still have a followup. It's not a problem. But if it was toxic and you did some shit that really broke me, you have no accent except for cash.
Speaker 1: Apps, still a stepping those zails.
Speaker 2: You can't even can you block people on cash app? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You can?
Speaker 2: You can't walk never Why would I do suggest that it's a dumb feature.
Speaker 1: It's a broke ass future feature. Over exposure to content, people may unfollow when the content becomes repetitive or overbearing. Overposting, especially on topics like fitness, politics, or personal achievements, can lead to content fatigue, where followers lose interest or become annoyed. So at one point, I was following a lot of different fitness pages. But what I've started doing is just saving a post from that person's page instead of following. So now if I want to go to they page, I can just go to my save shit and go to their page, because I might. I don't want to see that every day all day, if that is the main thing that person does on social media. I don't really want twenty fitness bitches on my timeline.
Speaker 2: I don't. I love the fitness bitches on my timeline.
Speaker 1: I got the the ones I like, and then I see other people like who may have like a low routine I want to try or something like that I wouldn't necessarily follow. I'll just save it second, go back and visit it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I have like my bitches like Chanelle. I love watch that bitch.
Speaker 2: Okay, we gotta stop calling women bitches so much.
Speaker 1: Oh like that girl, Chanel. I love to see that bitch. Ye, she's so fine. Cognitive dissonance when someone posts content that goes against the followers believes values or lifestyle, it can create this comfort. Unfollowing can resolve this dissonance by eliminating the exposure to these conflicting ideas. I like learning new shit rather I agree with it or not, So when I see something, I'll go look it up. I'll never have cognitive dissonance like I be wanting to know shityeh me too.
Speaker 2: I'm open to the opinions of others, you know where you know, I'm not one of those people who typically get mad at someone else's opinion as long as they're not condescending to mine, you know.
Speaker 1: Right, You know, I just realized I did recently unfollow somebody that I haven't following for a long time. And I don't really know why. I just felt like and it could be a thing where I just outgrew their content. Really and it's like mm, because this next one says, did I skip it? Is that cognitive dissonance over exposure to content like okay, it's enough. I'll check you out some other time, and I probably I've been following that person for a long time. This next next one says uh, fomo fear of missing out reversal. It actually says fomo reversal. Initial Social media amplifies fomo. You know what that is? Fair of missing out? Yeah, by keeping people connected to a wide array of experiences. But over time, some users find that constantly seeing that others, seeing what others are doing triggers FOMO too often leading them to unfollow people who post it exacerbate that feeling. Who's post exacerbates that feeling. In many cases, the act of unasturbate bit and step let me get sorry, friend girl. In many cases, the act of unfalling is a subtle, silent action to maintain one's mental health, social standing, or personal preferences, with deeper psychological motivations lurking behind the seemingly simple act. So that friend who feel like y'all will never invite her out nowhere, she might unfollow all y'all ass, I don't want to see these bitches outside.
Speaker 2: Every time, and I ain't get to invite. But here's the thing, don't be the bitch because I am. I have. Don't be the girl who never says yes to an invite and then get mad when the invites stopped coming. I have definitely been that girl. Don't never say yes. I always staying in like, oh no, I don't want to tell that I'm tired. I'm tired. And then when they don't invite you, you gotta show up, right, you gotta show up.
Speaker 1: My problem is I just need a week in advanced notice, Like, don't be telling me bout some shit two days before, because I have to mentally prepare to leave my house. I be comfortable, Like so now I got to put clothes on it and do my hair and like put a little eyeliner on it to go outside. I don't feel like it all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you tell me a day before you didn't want me to come, that's how I feel, right. Sit, you tell me the week of, Like I need to know the week before, so at least by the friday of the week before, what you need me to do the following friday?
Speaker 1: The seven days? Notice, this is what I need. Don't get me no a couple of days. Notice my homegirl, she know better, she'd be like I'm telling you now put layer clothes out today because I really got to get people not prepared, mentally prepared, because I will cancel. Bitch. Oh I love a bitch to cancel. I love if somebody say, oh, I'm going again, Thank God.
Speaker 2: That's me. I'm a kid. I'm like, I'll be. I can be hyped about something and then on the day of it's like, there is a new show that dropped on Netflix today that looks very good. I can just roll a joint and watch this and just be content.
Speaker 1: So those were I think those were Those were things like more so for like people we don't know, so what happens like with the friends unfollowing and shit like that. So this one says. Unfollowing friends on social media adds a layer of complexity because the decision might have personal, social, and emotional consequences. While unfollowing strangers or acquaintances can feel relatively straightforward, unfollowing a close friend can lead to feelings of guilt, anxiety, or even damage to the friendship. Here are the psychological factors behind unfollowing real life friends, so managing emotional triggers. So friends might post content that despite the close relationship triggers negative emotions, such as jealousy and security or frustration. That's your friend is that you can be Even though there's a bond outside of social media, their online presence may create emotional stress. For example, seeing friends on lavish vacations, celebrating milestones or flaunting success could lead to feelings of an adequacy or social comparison, making unfollowing a way to protect emotional well being. Again, I'm not unfollowing my friend because they're doing well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that sounds weird to me. To unfollow your friend because they're doing well is because you need to do something.
Speaker 1: And here's the part. Here's the part that irks my nerves even thinking about realizing a close friend unfollows you. You ask them why they did it. How do they even explain that? I can only imagine a bit trying to make you the problem, which points to them not really being your friend, because explain to me why you one follows me? Because an adult, they're not going to be able to say that. They're not going to be able to say because you be on trips and shit and I ain't going on trips like they will create another reason in their minds that justify like how they're feeling other than it just being like a projection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I couldn't see myself like saying like, hey, you know, it's not because we're not friends. I'm just not in a good space and seeing you so happy makes it harder for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it sounds like. And so as the the friend who's having this lit social life, how do you take that? Right, because it's a thin line between love and heat.
Speaker 2: I don't know how how I could accept that, Like, I don't know what to do with that information, Like, so are we still friends, right? Because I'm not gonna not be happy to make you happy.
Speaker 1: Right, So either mute or unfollow. So even muting your friend is just weird to me.
Speaker 2: But I mean I've had friends, I mean we all go through highs and lows, right, I've had friends that when some good things were happening for me, they didn't have the excitement that I thought they would for me. But I didn't take it personal because I knew what was going on in their own life, right, And it's hard sometimes to be happy for someone when your shit fucked up, you know, as happy as you would like to be, I don't know, and I wouldn't take it personal. I didn't take it personal.
Speaker 1: You sure, bitch, you sure you ain't take it personal.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't take it personal. I mean I saw it it did you know? It didn't feel good because I want the people I love most to be like celebrate my wins, you know. But I had to like take a step back and look like, well, she got this going on, and this going on, and this's going on right now. I can't expect her to be outside doing cartwheels for me right now, right, you know.
Speaker 1: But see that's where like doing cartwheels, that's how you receive your blessings, right, doing cartwheels when somebody else is doing well, Well, give you like that if you need to push forward to me.
Speaker 2: For me, Yeah, but only if the cartwheels are real. If you faking them, then you just gonna probably feel worse.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Like I wouldn't be faking the cartwheels. They would be genuine cart wheels because my people's is winning, so I'm next in line, would be my thought process. It would never be like I'm going to be in this downstate.
Speaker 2: Right. Everybody don't think like that, you know, when when they're in the thick of their valley, it's hard. Sometimes it's hard to see this sun. Like, so I get people grace with that, because some people like this totally would totally discard a person for not she haters, she ain't.
Speaker 1: Show up, she don't like my posts. That's another one. People be like, you don't like my posts, like maybe I didn't even see it. Maybe it didn't even come on my time. Your ship hardy comes up on my timeline right or even like you know what I'm saying, like at the top, like story stuff, your thing don't be first. Yeah, so sometimes you miss people's things.
Speaker 2: I rarely see yours, and I just assume that you don't be posting.
Speaker 1: I posted my story every day almost some days I like, yeah, I don't even see it, but it won't be like a whole I used to post a lot of shit on my story. It's not as much as it used to be, but yeah, I post something something.
Speaker 2: On it in each other the algorithm. Maybe because I don't follow you this.
Speaker 1: Exactly, bitch. We fell out. We fell out real life and on the internet.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Protecting friendships, Sometimes people unfollow real life friends to preserve the friendship that ain't what happened to. If a friend constantly posts advice of annoying or controversial content that may lead to conflicts or resentment, unfalling conserve as a way to maintain harmony. By creating distance online, a person avoids unnecessary tension, ensuring that in person relationship isn't negatively affected. That's weird. Like, I'm following on social media and I'm gonna still go out to lunch with you. No, Like, as much as people like don't want to admit it, this is our lives now. Social media is a part of our life.
Speaker 2: Well, I know couples that don't follow each other on social media for that same reason, though.
Speaker 1: I think that's different though couples versus like friendships. No, it's not, I think, girl, I'm not sucking your dead girl.
Speaker 2: I don't have no dig to un I don't want you to see what other negative I might be talking to on Instagram. I have a friend on social media who is one of my real friends. He's a guy, but his the stuff that he sends me pisses me the fuck off, Like, and I have to say, don't send me.
Speaker 1: Are we the same? Is it the same? Friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, the content he sends me and it just irks me, it gives me an it. I don't like it, but I love him, so I have to tell him I haven't unfollowed him.
Speaker 1: But even if you unfollow, he'll stow you send you those things. You'd have to block him to not receive those things, and he'll probably take them to you at that point. Right, if that nigga is a nut job, shout out to that nigga.
Speaker 2: Hell love him to death. But the content he shares does get on my fucking up, So I understand what they're saying. Like, to create healthy boundaries in the friendship, sometimes you gotta do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna go through all of these, but I do want to hit this one. This last one. Different social media personalities. This is weird to me. It says many people behave differently on social media than they do in real life. A friend may post in a way that feels inauthentic, excessive, or self centered, which could clash with how they act face to face. Unfallen can be a way of acknowledging that the online version of a friend isn't someone you enjoy engaging. Engaging with even though the in person version is someone you care about. See, I'm the same person like online the in real life me too.
Speaker 2: You get what you get. But I know people like that, well.
Speaker 1: Yes, like who the fuck are you? Like, I didn't realize you had mental health issues and so on social media?
Speaker 2: Right, but you know what people deal everybody dealing with something. That's the thing. I know somebody likes so judging of people on social media and just be running people down and tearing it like they just.
Speaker 1: Meaning, somebody just sent me that person's screenshot, a screenshot from that person's page and was like, look at your friend, like that isn't not my fucking friend. Know exactly who you're talking about.
Speaker 2: But in person, they'll give you the shirt off their back, you know, like they're that person is just like a doctor Jeko mister Hyde thing, and.
Speaker 1: That needs to be studied because so is that like really people already in the matrix like there being someone else like that's their surrogate online that strangers get to meet. Meanwhile, they just somebody totally different in person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen it more than once. Then I also know another girl who like her house is so filthy, right, But she got a clean spot in there, and that's what shit brouh cleaning shit up bruh yo. You would never know.
Speaker 1: So you really consciously choosing to be nasty, because if your internet life is cleaner than your real life, that is wild.
Speaker 2: You just find a clean spot in post.
Speaker 1: Because I'm a bit you'd be studying the background, like, oh, I see that, Like why your cabinet a toilet back there? Let a niggaposted a selfie in a bathroom. Who pink toothbrush? Is that nigga? That toothbrush look old too? You don't supposed to change that shit every two three months, Like bristles are chewed up, so good shame. So I don't know. People are weird. We're living in a were living in real weird times. And I guess whatever you think you need to do to cater to your your best mental health. But I think some of these things are actually mental health issues, you know what I'm saying, Like like some of the projection, like you feel in a way about somebody they don't even know, right, they don't even know, So unfollowing them isn't remedying the problem that you actually have. Your problem is comparison, right, how do you get out of that state.
Speaker 2: When you Yeah, I'm gonna do it, though, I will mute you if I feel like even a twinge of some jealousy or hate trying to like exist in my spirit, I will mute because I don't want that for me, and I don't want that for you.
Speaker 1: You know, so a lot of but that's what I'm saying, like people have to explore and I'm not. Maybe I don't know it's hate a natural because it's not nat.
Speaker 2: Jealousy and hate, yeah, but they are natural emotions. They are normal emotions. You know, it happens, you know, it does, and that's so the thing you cannot envy. I think sometimes envy has a dark something behind it, Yeah, because when you I think, when you envy somebody, it's like why do they have this? They shouldn't have it and I should, you know. But if you're jealous, I think that's natural, Like you can be jealous or something because you it's something that you want also for your life and this person has it, you know, and not saying that they shouldn't have it too. H It's I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 1: Mean it's too close like it's too close for me. So I just I feel good when people are doing good. And I also know this is social media. You don't know what the fuck is going on that person's real life, you see. Yeah, so I'm gonna be You've You've conjured up these feelings and emotions about some ship that's probably not even real.
Speaker 2: They're probably jealous.
Speaker 1: I just told you who I'm jealous of. I hate to see a nigga brokerage account balance because that is something I'm very out. Other than that, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I was just jealous of one of my friends. But I told her to her face, I'm jealous. I want to.
Speaker 3: I don't want no burking and not they don't look nice.
Speaker 1: It's a social a status of a particular like social status, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like bitch, ain't got your whole month ring, your.
Speaker 1: Whole month ring? No, no that we'th thirty five forty thousand dollars, bitch my rent.
Speaker 2: Your whole thousand, I mean your whole salary for the year on my ring?
Speaker 1: Is it a real burking?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: It is jealous? I don't know to this day, if you're listening, bitch to this day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not real materialistic like that. So like the burking way make me feel no type of way. Now I've seen a bitch hopping on planes and traveling every which you weigh like that, I'd be like, damn, man, I gotta get my stamps up up you know.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I want to see the world and ship like that. I want to hop on uh you know, I don't been on plenty yachts. I want to get on some more or just more frequent. I want to do things more frequently. Yes, but I also know bitches be going to the airport just to take pictures on those planes on a private plane, not really ever taking out.
Speaker 2: I want real I want real life ship.
Speaker 1: I don't want to And a lot of people spend a lot of money to look like things on social media. Yeah yeah, they say.
Speaker 2: I have a one of my clients has a plane and she makes a lot of money just renting it for pictures.
Speaker 1: That's weird, Like that's really faking it until you make it. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: I'm my pictures would look so sad, like why are you crying?
Speaker 1: Because I.
Speaker 2: Don't know.
Speaker 1: But that's what we had in that man you got to get you got to get your social up when elsee guy, Yeah yeah, you you sent me two other damn things. You ain't talk about none of them things.
Speaker 2: Oh we already had an hour and we did thirty minutes of seeing.
Speaker 1: All right, anyway, block that bitch if you need to, excuse me, block that woman if you need to. This is my last last. Block whoever you need to unfollow who you need to, but make sure it is not projection. I don't know how you want to check that, but make sure you're not doing it from a place.
Speaker 2: Of like alice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree, Yeah, because then that you need you're not going to remedy the issue by unfollowing this person. They're actually not the problem.
Speaker 2: So yeah, my last last don't have nothing to do with the topic. It's just gonna be just be good and kind to each other and kind to yourself. Boom, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah man, yeah man. Don't unfollow us though, as a matter of fact, follow us. We need more of y'all to go and make sure you are downloading we talk back podcasts every Thursday. Okay, make sure it's on auto and y'all can also subscribe to the show on Apple iHeart whichever one.
Speaker 2: And you also can subscribe on We Talked Back TV on you there.
Speaker 1: That is free. Can we get our social digital currency please, it's free.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We're gonna start posting more clips. Actually we're gonna post one in just a moment with me and my boots. Yeah, all right, y'all.
Speaker 1: If you enjoyed this episode, y'all tune in every Thursday on a black Effect. iHeartRadio Apple Wave it up. Did you get your podcasts at? This is your co host a j Holiday two point zero on Instagrams.
Speaker 2: Kick of Tam y'all, It's official Tam Bam on Instagram. Y'all. I love y'all. I really really really do, and I appreciate y'all. Were about to be on four years and just a minute, four years of y'all supporting us, listening, you know, y'all comment on the things and d M d M and us on the real ship that's going on in our life and supporting us. Man, it really really means a lot. Some of y'all have come to me and really changed the trajectory of my day just by saying some kind things to me. And I really really appreciate and love y'all. Y'all remember speak now.
Speaker 1: And hold some of the mother fucking dms for your ass. Get are followed, I.
Speaker 3: Love You Bye.
Speaker 1: We talk Back Podcast is the production of iHeart Radio. Visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.