Speaker 1: Enough news, enough politics. Let's take a moment to look at the animal world, which is rapey and horrifying.
Speaker 2: That's one more thing, one more.
Speaker 3: Before we get to that. A little animal rape on your Wednesday.
Speaker 2: This is what I yelled at Katie about the other day when I.
Speaker 1: Said it swear, I said, yes, say lady or whatever I said.
Speaker 2: This is it. Stay tuned.
Speaker 3: So you have a new feature you've been mentioning, Katie. Where where do people find Katie's corner?
Speaker 4: Got Armstrong, getty dot com.
Speaker 2: It's across the top?
Speaker 3: Okay? And you decided to spell it with a K.
Speaker 4: I did because you both had conniption fits because I spelled it like a regular person.
Speaker 3: Feel that may make a big deal. And how do you spell your name? Katie is with a wire and I E an I E Okay? Do you put a heart above the eye?
Speaker 2: No, Jack, I did.
Speaker 3: When I was like twelve.
Speaker 2: It's I'm cute Katie's corner, grown ass woman you're talking to.
Speaker 3: He's corner with a heart over the eye and a K for a corner sounds pretty good to me. On ets to sell your Doiley's you make it all work.
Speaker 4: I will say there is a restaurant in San Ramon in the Bay Area in California that's called Katie's Corner, and they have the best eggs, Benedict, I'll write that down. Yeah, and it spelled Katie's with a Y, corner with a K.
Speaker 3: I take breakfast places more seriously than any other kind of restaurant. Love a good breakfast place.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's hard to mess up breakfast, I feel damn.
Speaker 3: But man, the good, the great from the good ol. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like they say about pizza and sex. I mean it's gonna be fine from the male.
Speaker 2: Point of view.
Speaker 3: If you had sex and you burnt the roof of your mouth, that's no good.
Speaker 2: What are you doing but breakfast?
Speaker 1: Yes, to achieve a solid B is practically effort true. But to get up to the AA plus ranking, then you're talking some really good food, I mean crazy good. I mean you get you spend twenty dollars on your breakfast, You have had deliciousness on par with a seventy dollars meal for dinner. Tell me I'm wrong, No, that's absolutely that's absolutely true.
Speaker 3: Now I want to go to Katie's. Yeah, to get to to get the best steak. You're gonna have to spend one hundred bucks to get the best breakfast you can spend twenty bucks, So you're right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, breakfast all day. That's gotta be my new restaurant.
Speaker 1: But I'll spell it with a like Oh no, I gotta have a clever spelling.
Speaker 2: Spell like an adult.
Speaker 5: Joe. I remember you're gonna have a restaurant called Walk this Way and you were in spell at w Ok.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, one of my many ideas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chinese restaurant breakfast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe I'll just have a whole food court.
Speaker 1: I'll like offer a suite of restaurants, like I'll buy out a strip mall and I'll have Walk this Way and then I'll have breakfast all day. And then I don't know, I'll come up with some more ideas, probably not as great as those two would be good. Uh oh, speaking of which, one final side before we get into the horrifying raypie story from Nature and it's worse than you think, lady lady. So my my old friend Drew, who worked in Mexico for several years.
Speaker 2: Uh no, sombrero, it's not catching. No, have you ever been to Mexico?
Speaker 1: Not everybody wears the sombrero you raises culture, not a costume anyway, but he became aware of and this is a very popular in rural parts of Mexisco, especially or people of who.
Speaker 2: Are not rich.
Speaker 1: Discatta it is the disc from a plow that they just change a little bit with welding and sometimes referred to as the cowboy walk in the United States. And it's it's essentially an outdoor you put it over a fire walk to cook up your meat and taters and vegetables or whatever. And Drew would make this for a big party once a year so and it's just absolutely fantastic, and partly because we're going to get our kitchen room modeled if the permitting ever comes through. I bought one, but I need like really good discatta recipes, including if people were like, dude, just go to a Chinese cookbook and that's what you do, or put anything in there.
Speaker 2: You can't screw it up. I'm just curious. I want to make the most out of it. But it's the food is delicious. This stew is in its own juice.
Speaker 3: But the fact that it was on a disc was a farm implement. Does that help the food or is that just.
Speaker 2: Is that part of it.
Speaker 1: I think in the same way, like like a cast iron frying pan cooks food a little differently, and you don't like wash it with soap, you'd wipe it out.
Speaker 2: And it cures with the oils and stuff like that. It's one of those things. Why are you looking at me like that?
Speaker 4: Because you're like, oh, man, I just need some recipes.
Speaker 2: I wish there was some.
Speaker 4: Thing like a like a box, the electronic and you could type in the scotta recipes and then there would be lists.
Speaker 2: You know what, girl, Why I.
Speaker 3: Wish there was like this thing. It's like a box.
Speaker 1: I don't know, some way to put letters and words into the box and then ask.
Speaker 2: It not I what stuff people have actually enjoyed.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna go out into the freaking internet. I've already done that. It's like, I don't know anyway, but you're not wrong. So here's the deal. A locally famous sea otter in Canada, and you ask how does an otter become famous?
Speaker 2: Well, do you know honors? Have you seen honors? They're cute as can be?
Speaker 3: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: You ever go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium or.
Speaker 2: The aquarium most convenient to you where you live.
Speaker 1: Uh, they're unbelievably charming, charismatic and.
Speaker 2: I'll e the otter. Oh we even as like cute name.
Speaker 1: Has his own Facebook fan page chuck full of adorable photos.
Speaker 2: But here's the deal.
Speaker 3: So like that squirrel, yeah, peanut the squirrel.
Speaker 1: Oh that the State of New York killed for being a conservative squirrel? Right, he saved his nuts for winter. He didn't like go to the government and say, oh, it's winter, I'm hungry.
Speaker 2: You gotta give me nuts. It's not my fault. Oh, he's saved them like a squirrel. Should they killed him for it? Anyway?
Speaker 1: So Ali is a sea otter, and like sea otters, sometimes he hangs out in rivers. But he's the only sea.
Speaker 2: Otter in the immediate area.
Speaker 1: And evidently, unlike my people, the Neanderthals that would get with Homo sapiens and you know, make sweet cave man love, sea otters don't get with with uh usually with with river otters, kay, unless they murder them first and then have sex with their corpses.
Speaker 2: Whoa Okay, says.
Speaker 1: Wildlife educator Molly Cameron. He's the only sea otter in the immediate area. So the assumption is that he does this. He kills the river otters then sort of had his has his way with them for multiple days to release the sexual tension of being the only sea otter around.
Speaker 3: So ist snuff films a regular thing? Or is it just this one aberan seatter?
Speaker 1: That's not well? The nature expert says, it's known to happen. I mean, they don't put a number on it. But Ali the otter, oh look at him, is suspected of murdering at least twenty river otters over the last decade and having sex.
Speaker 2: With their corpses. Barbaric, it is, sir.
Speaker 3: Hmm. So for days do they still have the website for the necrophiliac?
Speaker 2: Or lord?
Speaker 1: He will carry his victims around, they say, according to this nature educator, like a Teddy bear for days.
Speaker 3: So it's like a Jeffrey Dahmer sea otter.
Speaker 2: It's very much like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, says CBC News. That's that's the network up there in Canada. They have TVs now, by the way, uh and they will have all the modern conveniences when they become our fifty first state. But CBC News, talking to another otter researcher, male seatters without access to females become sexually frustrating and frustrated, and the results often aren't pretty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's what sometimes is referred to as a satellite male.
Speaker 1: He's sitting there just hoping he's made a territory that's going to have females in it, and it doesn't, so instead he murders the innocent river otters and then does what I said in cell.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 4: So I'm looking at an article on vox and apparently they're referring here to otters as the necrophiliac serial killing fur monsters of the sea.
Speaker 1: Okay, some that's a good phrase right there.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: They rape baby seals and hold others pups hostage for food.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna mention that twenty ten scientific paper documented cases of forced copulation between male sea otters in California and young arbor seals.
Speaker 3: This, this is wrong.
Speaker 4: They can't rapers.
Speaker 3: They can't be that cute and act like this. That's an interesting stance, well.
Speaker 2: Spoken, like somebody whose fills carnther kay.
Speaker 3: To jerk is uh, that is interesting. So I am a third of the way through the book Sapiens. They keep jumping back and forth in it. And he explains in that book what's unique about humans and they're evil from the animal world, taking into the account that sometimes monkey's murder and dolphin's rape, and then you get the sea otter thing. It's something to do with animals generally do it to gain something, as opposed to the way people sometimes just do it for to be cruel. Usually in the animal world it's like to take over a chunk of the jungle, or to drive them out of it or whatever.
Speaker 1: Or to get your otter rocks off in this case. Now there are cases of dolphins doing what really looks like toying with their victims before they end them. But in general, though, I'm sure he's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't remember. I'll have to find that again because I thought it was really interesting you.
Speaker 1: So, does anybody have a lighter or more humorous note to end this with? If I'd been thinking ahead, I would have come prepared with them.
Speaker 4: I apologize after hearing that you want to hand feed an otter, you can go to SeaQuest in fulsome because I've done that there, or you can handfeed them. They stick their little arms through a hole in the glass and they grab the shrimp out of your hand.
Speaker 3: And all that is. That's got to be cute as hack.
Speaker 4: It's so cute.
Speaker 3: But now that I know they do this, barbaric otters are cute. They have the advance and some animals just have the advantage of being cute.
Speaker 2: Wow. So but I mean they murder and then have sex with the corpse.
Speaker 3: But that's cute.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, don't forget when animals attack, which was on Fox.
Speaker 2: The most horrifying comedy attack ever caught on tam.
Speaker 5: If you remember that, that's true story, Katie, and also on Family Guy when they advertise the Fox show Fast Animals, Slow.
Speaker 2: Children, another comedy classic. Yes, well, I guess that's it.