Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is Nick Shots, streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys app. Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: It's a Tuesday, a never tired Tuesday. Here inside the SWBC podcast studio. Well, one of us is tapped out. One of us is too tired to play today. That would be Everson, and so we got Nate and Frisco in the house instead. Hello, Nate, Hey, how are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited to get this show going. I'm I am so lost. I am I am. I need Mick of Mixed Shots to put me back on the.
Speaker 4: Give us some perspective, Mickey, what do you need?
Speaker 2: I am lost?
Speaker 4: Before we go there, Before we go there? You do understand where I went with that on? Ever since tapping out?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know.
Speaker 4: You saw Anthony Richardson, the Indianapolis quarterback.
Speaker 2: Don't don't bring that up.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, he tapped.
Speaker 5: Out, He tapped out.
Speaker 4: He was don't mind ever since tapped out because he's tired. Don't tired of me? That's why he tapped it.
Speaker 5: I saw the headline and I didn't read it. I just said tired.
Speaker 2: He it was smart on his The reason I say for him it was smart ye because even when he's fresh, he's apt to throw interception.
Speaker 4: So Joe Flacco came in and handed it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The thing that's amazing about this kid, he was a second day pick. He came to the combine and lit up the combo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're saying, before the combine he would have been a second day pitch.
Speaker 2: So now he moves himself up into top four, the top four, and instead of the owner saying, Okay, we're going to draft this guy and we're going to give him a chance to grow, no, put him in there.
Speaker 4: Do what Andy Reid did with Patrick Mahomes is what they should have done.
Speaker 5: With Did they watch his college stuff?
Speaker 4: No, he had a LOWKI. He didn't complete fifty percent of his passes in college either.
Speaker 5: He was running all the time.
Speaker 2: No, I did not watch his He is an impressive guy.
Speaker 4: He's an impressive athlete.
Speaker 5: He's an impressive athlete person.
Speaker 4: He's impressive and interviews and stuff. He's very impressive. And so was Patrick Mahomes and Patrick Mahomes sat for a season and then became Patrick Mahomes is. Patrick Mahomes had a whole lot more on his resume coming out of Texas Tech than what Anthony Richardson did.
Speaker 2: That is a difference than a coach standing on what is right, standing on what is right, you assess a kid. It's no way the scouts, the head coach, and the head of personnel. The guy that has Will McClay position is not saying, coach, look at this guy. He's not ready. We cannot get him ready for NFL season. Some guys you cannot throw in there. He did not play well in.
Speaker 4: College, and especially because his first instinct is gonna be to run the football when things go haywire. And just like what Jerry said on the radio this morning, he didn't want his quarterback. When quarterbacks running this league, they get hurt. And that's what's happened.
Speaker 2: Here when they're not Anthony Richardson, is when they're not smart.
Speaker 5: Do I need to bring up Jaden Daniels. You're gonna run that much, Chances are you're gonna get hurt.
Speaker 2: And he's gonna learn because he's much smarter. Yes, and I'm hoping the head coach is saying, you know what, I understand, I'm gonna put up in front like, oh yeah, got gonna run, but don't you run that ball? And I even during this game out like that, just take off. But he's all, we got to be honest with you, Dak is all we got. We we don't have a run game. Forget it. We don't have a run game. Not because the running backs can't run because my head coach, who I want to stay ahead coach, won't run the ball. Coach McCarthy, I'm the only friend you got. I love you run the ball.
Speaker 4: And they were running the ball against age. I mean zeke A at third quarter his stats we're seven carries for thirty five yards, yes, five yards of carry, but he only had seven carries.
Speaker 5: Right well, and then they got impatient because they started falling behind, and it's like, okay, we got to throw the ball.
Speaker 2: What is behind into Okay, I can boldly say twenty points in the NBA is nothing.
Speaker 4: You have to be down thirty third, twenty nothing round.
Speaker 2: Now you consider that one San.
Speaker 4: Francisco did in the third quarter, a twenty one nothing run. That happens every night in the NBA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So now I know twenty points down is behind in the NBA. In the NFL, is three points considered behind?
Speaker 5: That youo far behind that twenty seven is okay? But I mean when it's twenty seven to ten.
Speaker 2: Ten to thirteen, I'm saying, what score dictates? Is it ten? Is it fourteen? When you're fourteen? Do you come out just winging it? Is it ten? Or is it just decided by your defense? So we're so scared that our defense is never going to stop a team to three points? Is when we just give up on the run. I'm trying to figure it out. I'm lost.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean we can go back and look at that third quarter?
Speaker 2: Yes? Can we do that? Make on your show? Can we do that? Yes? Okay?
Speaker 4: San Francisco took the lead at thirteen to ten after the first drive of the third quarter?
Speaker 2: Stop stop? Okay? Does that constitute coming out throwing? Mick? Don't ignore me here?
Speaker 5: No, No, you're good okay.
Speaker 4: Ten, So tell me you had the penalty on the kickoff that for the illegal forward pass that sets you back here at your own eleven yard line. Okay, And on first and ten completion, Ferguson plus zero second and ten completion CD plus six, third and four from the seventeen interception. There are three passesis and because you threw an interception and they took over at the thirty two yard line right and they scored, and they scored and that was the Kittle touchdown on the illegal pick made it twenty to ten.
Speaker 2: Now it was not an illegal pick.
Speaker 4: Now you come back. You come back and first and ten from the twenty six Zeke gets six yards. That's a quality run play. It is that gives Zeke seven carries for thirty five yards in this football game, five yards of carrying and he got six there. Second and fourth to thirty two incomplete. I got pressure written down. It was third and fourth the thirty two incomplete Bosa pressure punt. San Francisco takes over their own twenty five and they went seventy five yards to pey dirt. And that's when you thirty six seconds left in the third quarter. Now you're down twenty seven to ten. You had six plays in the third quarter in that twenty one nothing run in five of them were pass plays.
Speaker 5: But then the next possession you ran it twice hook and got one yard, get right? You know five excuse me?
Speaker 2: You know you know my logic. You know I get killed on my show for my logic, and I probably get killed on this show too, for my logic. When you're not a very good team, the only thing that make and save you is trying to run the ball into a brick wall, throwing down the temple of the game, giving yourself a chance. And for every second that your defense is on that bench, it is called rest. I am convinced. It's been seven games. We should know who we are by now. Those people over there, that team should know even more who they are. I know who they are. But this is the amazing thing is I fear this every year for a good quarterback. Is now Dak is into his own head. He is trying to make plays that are not there. I was on y'all show three weeks ago saying Dak has taken too many hits. It's going to start to show up. The interceptions, the just throwing bad passes. Dak had got over that. Now all of that is slowly leaking back onto him. Don't keep that pressure on him like that. Well, how some way you got to find a way to leave that by the way.
Speaker 4: On those two possessions, the Cowboys had to your point about resting your defense one the time of possession was one minute twenty seven seconds on the first possession and one minute five seconds on the second possession.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they did get away from the run, but there were some runs in there that made you go hmm, because they weren't getting anywhere. The run blocking wasn't good a consistent it is.
Speaker 2: It's never gonna be good this team right now, due to youth and players getting older. It's never gonna get it's never gonna get good. But what you're trying to do is establish something. Just like coach said two games ago, we're not gonna be We're not gonna look like some good teams that walk in here. But he has to believe in himself that he has to keep trying because six games from now you are gonna look better. But the only time that you get to practice runs is in training camp, in preseason games, and in games. That's the only time. And if you never practice in the game, how will you ever get better.
Speaker 4: Here's the other thing. On the run of the ball and not getting anything. It just takes me back to the old wishbone days, Jerry Switzer and I would get so frustrated's watching the wishbone because for some reason they would hand off to the full back and unless the fullback was Kenny King right right, it would go nowhere. Why are we handing off to the full back and getting one yard when we got Joe Washington or we got Greg Pruett and on that option pitch you can go, you can go sixty yards. And Switzer always said, no, you have to establish that belly play. You have to so that the defense will respect it and be honest, and then that opens up the flanks. It's the same thing throwing the football. The reason that you can run run play action passes is because they have to respect the run. And yeah, you may get beginning zero yards, one yard, two yards, but that takes the that keeps the defense from having from being able to pin their ears back and going after your quarterback.
Speaker 2: It just it's starting to add up. And fellas, thank you all for let me say this. Somehow, some way, Dak cannot keep taking these hits. I said it after the second game. I'm gonna say it after the seventh game. Dak cannot continue to take these hits. He's not even getting off of his first read in some instances. One of the interceptions he threw, man, he took a shot to the ribs that was unholy man.
Speaker 5: And the pain lasted for the rest of the game.
Speaker 2: Understanding when I saw when I saw that shot he took, I say, now it's beginning to wear on him. The pressure of trying to make sure tobery get the ball, to make sure CD get the ball, to make sure it's tight end, get the ball. I mean, this thing is beginning to be rapid fire. You can these stats, and I gotta tell numbers, guys, the stats does not tell the story. Because the stats, these numbers. You can't feel Dak is filling these numbers well.
Speaker 5: And that's why everybody sits there and concentrates on his interceptions. Yes, there's a reason why there's interceptions. The first one, the interception he tried to throw off deep off his back foot, and as I pointed out, he didn't see what happened because he was on the ground. Bosa knocked the daylights.
Speaker 2: Out of es he did.
Speaker 5: So in that situation, do you want your quarterback to take the sack or try to throw the ball.
Speaker 2: My deal is I call it to Tom Brady theory. You saw him at least those seven balls a game. Well, you're like, where is he throwing the ball just away? Get it away?
Speaker 5: Because he had he had to make a decision on that. Would you rather give Turpin a chance to come down with the ball and you're not, You're gonna throw it short. Schottenheimer pointed out that on that one Turpin had to play defense, like go go interfere.
Speaker 2: I've given up on that. I've given but that's.
Speaker 5: Not that's not why.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, let me explain what I'm telling you what I've given up. For some reason, all will ride receivers does not understand I'm hoping saying this right that you have a right to play defense when your quarterback has thrown a bad pass. You if you if you can't catch.
Speaker 5: It, don't let me can't. I'm like, what is the problem with I receive it and you can see it can't. It was coming right because the ball hung up because he got hit when he threw it, and it was way too high and it was short, and so he's got to go. But see that what's happens when you got receivers that don't have a lot of experience playing receiver.
Speaker 2: That's our fault, well it is, but.
Speaker 5: You know they're they're relying on him to you know, get off the line of scrimmage and beat out. You're relying on somebody blocking Bosa. And the problem they're having here, here's the only problem. To be able to protect Dak they need the tight ends to be chipping right. So that means you don't have as many people out in the past pattern, you got two guys out basically because you got to help both tackles.
Speaker 2: You know, I would say this right, this is funny when you have when you have the remind me of Kevin Gorgan. He was playing with Philadelphia and he came out the game. They said, you know he's playing at his regui. He said, Kevin, where are you hurting? And he looked at the tray, say everywhere. This is our football team. What do you fix? Tell me right now.
Speaker 5: You better fix protecting the quarterback.
Speaker 2: And I can tell you how. But it won't be pretty, and we won't score a lot of points and we won't be successful a lot of times. The only way you're gonna do that run running football.
Speaker 5: Because the second interception and keeping that tight end will help you run in the football right, because the second interception was a product of forcing things right. He knows better than that. Don't throw that pass, but he's trying to do something when you're struggling, and then you make matters worse.
Speaker 4: The thing that irks me, the thing is they weren't even struggling. Then they run down three.
Speaker 2: Thank you. But now this is what I don't get. This span forward that everybody talks about and loves. Why is he not in blocking? Every time I hear his name, it's for a pass? No, he was in blocking, bro, he you know what?
Speaker 5: Did you see how many snaps he had? How many nineteen or twenty? And they threw one path to him?
Speaker 4: Was in for two snaps.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear him catch not one pass. I'm being honest me.
Speaker 5: You know, no, I understand, but I wonder why, like was the play design there? Or is that what Dak decided to do under pressure?
Speaker 2: I tell you right here, man, I would become the most boring his team in America. You you have too many uncertainties. We can come. We have not said one positive thing about this team since we sat down and and that is the challenge that coach McCarthy did.
Speaker 5: They were leading that.
Speaker 4: Has said Zeke had five yards of carry on his first seven carry seven five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they had a halftime lead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But the problem is will you be mean enough or tough enough or stubborn whatever word it is, to come out in the second half and try to do what you did in the first half. And so my question is are we so scared that the dam is going to break on our defense to do we feel we have to just come out winging? It? Is that the true problem that coach zim that's my guy. I was so happy when they got it that these guys are not responding to them, or we don't have the players that's good enough to do what needs to be done to help the offense. Is it just our defense that bad?
Speaker 5: So you don't like my idea of seeing that they ran the two minute drill so well on the fourth quarter to come out and start the game in a two minute drill.
Speaker 2: Your defense can't handle that because if we score quick, that puts the bottom you know, it is so many questions to be fulfilled. We don't have enough time on shows. You know, what is the reason, you know, because I don't want to hear no more. Hey man, we got behind, we won, we won in the game, and we had just that and the other. You are starting to affect your quarterback. You are starting to and I knew that. And when your quarterback gets up and says, I threw this one. It was a bad pass. I threw this one. It was a bad pass. I gotta be better, don't you think a few years ago, remember when he went through this bad turn two or three years ago. You don't want to have your quarterback saying he got to win every game. You want your quarterback saying, if I distribute this ball right and I keep us out of bad plays, at the end of the game, we should be in the game one way or another, no more than seven points either way. Well, we've been.
Speaker 4: This has been such a good first segment. We've gone twenty one minutes. It's time to take a break. What do you want to talk about when we come back here on mix shots?
Speaker 5: Oh, we got lots to talk we do.
Speaker 4: We have lots to talk about. And in fact, how about the anatomy of a good drive. You want something positive about how what the Cowboys did on their sixty five yard eleven play drive. Maybe we can learn something from that.
Speaker 5: You want to go over at met Yeah, as long as the other as long as the other team's not scoring three possessions in a row.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, back with more on mix shots at a moment.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 2: You want to stay at the.
Speaker 6: Team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 7: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 5: Prescott keeps it slides with the first.
Speaker 7: Down, Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie and crypto with blockchain dot com perfect throw.
Speaker 2: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 5: But with that Texas heat, it's.
Speaker 8: Crucial to keep my beer handcramping. That's where Yetti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 5: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Light is brewed to be less feeling. What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 5: It says less filling.
Speaker 4: That's not what my script says. Hell mindset, we'd like.
Speaker 2: To apologize for the previous announcers.
Speaker 4: Middle Light is in fact less filling and taste great.
Speaker 1: I'm vishine legal guy, celebrate responsibly Milwakee Wisconsin Beer amty six thousands to be point two grams cards for twelve bounces, fewer cowsand cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 2: To mixed shots.
Speaker 5: Stay connected with the Dallas Cowboys on your Connected TV. Catch up on all Cowboys content like player interviews, weekly TV shows, podcasts, docuseriies like Deep Blue, and much more. Download the Cowboys now app on Amazon, Fire, Roku, and Apple TV.
Speaker 4: Okay, so much to get to you say.
Speaker 5: I'm me to continue that conversation we were having.
Speaker 2: Yes if you like, if you don't want to positive play there because negative No, I'm not negative.
Speaker 5: So we were talking about them trying to stop the run, right and having to play a heavy front and creating manned man coverage in the secondary, including having to use Donovan Wilson to try to cover a tight end. And he's not built for that, right, He's a run stopping safety. There's a reason why when they play a single safety high it's Hooker, it's not Donal Wilson. So now you're asking him in man coverage to run with George Kittle, who basically rips up the league. However, anybody chooses to cover him, right, So it's not that well with this Wilson guy, you can't play him. Well, you can't play him in that situation. You need another safety that can run and that's not his His ability to cover is not great and they know that, so and that's so here do you replace him with Janye Thomas or do you say, well, kwamu, you come in as a big safety and you try to cover the tight end out.
Speaker 2: I would have to do something different to not to try to do something different.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's one of those caves you want Macomo out of your chance. Baby, here you go. The thing that bothered me was one time, yeah, two, But when it just continues, a coach can't let that happen. I mean, if you just got to bring twenty five people up there on the line, and I'm exaggerating, I'm being crazy, but whatever it takes, don't let that continue to happen.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, I haven't gone back to look at the second half of the game, but mcuamoll got fifteen snaps on defense.
Speaker 5: Well that's because the Warria got hurt. And by the way, sounds like that's pretty serious. So now they're running out of.
Speaker 4: Cornerbacks got three snaps on defense that Marquis Bell got three.
Speaker 5: Snaps and that was late in the game, I think at safety. Okay, so they didn't really make a change there. And again though, here's the d they're running on you, right.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You got to choose your poison.
Speaker 2: You know what. I just I would I would I would have had to give another guy chance. Uh, I would just have to give another guy a chance. I know you don't want to hurt a guy's feeling. I know you don't want to, you know, lose a player.
Speaker 5: Well you saw how they started the game right at cornerback. Yeah, Jordan Lewis was the outside corner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jordan got sixty five of the sixty seven snaps in the game.
Speaker 2: You this thing is not built for ZIM and uh, you know, because ZIM is used to guys being able to line up. Man oh man, I'm talking about the front four and may not have a lot of sacks, but they're gonna have constant pressure and you're gonna be able to do your job. And these guys are not built because as I say on other shows, these guys are movement guys. Olsa, uh, Watkins and all of these guys, they're there there game guys, tackle in in tackle, linebackers coming yet coach, slanting to the strength, slanting away from the strength. These are movement guys. They are not guys that are built to stand up. Like the kid we drafted in the third round, Uh, he's built for that. He's built to play that defensive end. What's the kid we got in the section round, mar he is built to play that tough defensive end. Or if you're on a pass rush, to rush from a three technique over the guard. These guys are not built this way. So when you have guys that you're you're a skiing a lot of to go out of their character. You know that's a lot. So Mickey, once again, what do you do here?
Speaker 5: Well, you played a heavy front to try to stop the run, and for a half it worked right, And at the end of the first half they started springing leaks. Right. Garrendo went for nineteen, he went for fifteen, or.
Speaker 2: He went to nineteen then he went to fifteen, and then he went to nineteen and we got they got a flag. And then once they got the flagged and they backed off of the run.
Speaker 5: It was starting to leak, right, and the only way they were going to stop it or get pressure of.
Speaker 2: Is to try to have an eight man front is.
Speaker 5: Have six seven guys up or starting blitzing, which means you're leaving somebody in single coverage.
Speaker 2: The thing here now is.
Speaker 5: And remember also that the guys you got playing defensive end, they're your fifth and six choices.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah right, we said it on your show a couple of weeks ago. We are at scheing a lot of guys who are perennial backups, guys that were on practice squads, Guys that was bet there was a step out of the league. They were old, Yeah, they were old and on. So you you The thing is, Will, mister Jones, mister Stephen Jones, Will, mister Will McLay, remember what they are looking at. See, fans don't have to and our greet fans, this is not your problem. Because you expect winning, you pay a price, and you deserve that. Now we took care of the fans, but ownership which is the scouts. They got to do better. Ain't nobody else out there. I agree before you said there's no one else out there, So that means Zim, you have to do better. Players, you have to do better. That's the bottom line, bro. You cannot look none competitive in every loss. You cannot look non competitive.
Speaker 5: But then go ahead and explain to me. In the fourth quarter on defense, when they came up with stops, and.
Speaker 2: I have to go back to my NBA analogy, they was up by twenty, their foot off the gas, and it looks it looked bad. It looked bad. It looked, oh man, we're gonna come back. But then all of a sudden, they just drove right now like okay, believe what you saw them in the third quarter. They drove right on down and did what they had to do. The thing that is amazing is we have a beat up team with backup players. But be honest, they got they beat up too. The forty nine is a beat up too, So uh one thing they had on us and I think they had the mental edge from victories as before, and they still have a physical edge on the well.
Speaker 5: I thought the first half this team was physical.
Speaker 2: If y'all see what you were at the game, because you interviewed mister Stephen Jones before the game.
Speaker 5: Great job, Well thanks, I was there, yeah.
Speaker 2: But you were okay, so you got to see what coach Shanahan said. He said, we did this wrong, and we did this halftime he said, yeah, he said, but when we come back.
Speaker 4: Out, he basically said, we're gonna score.
Speaker 2: Touch it out. Come back out and see that thing that I try to impress upon people. We're never gonna beat the good to great teams because they have one thing that they can always rely on. They can run the ball. And they came out in that second half. Do you had those second half.
Speaker 4: And it turned and it was it was Grindo for zero, right, Osa made a great play on and then party for nine.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: That's a run against twelve man.
Speaker 5: And it's not designed.
Speaker 2: It's a run.
Speaker 5: It's because you didn't get pressure correctly.
Speaker 2: It's a run, all right, go ahead, it's a run.
Speaker 5: You had twelve minutes and you had more guys on twelve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's what I guess. The twelve Yeah, we put our twelveth man out there, and then third and one party for four.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a run and uh.
Speaker 5: Then a pass for forty three yards.
Speaker 4: And then it was the past that Donovan Wilson is trailing Kittle, that Trayvon Diggs did a great job knocking him out of bounds at the four.
Speaker 5: Oh, he was loafing.
Speaker 2: It's these.
Speaker 5: I can't believe that has become such a big deal.
Speaker 2: We are the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: We are the cow go ahead on bis because of the visual of a football player in his football uniform coming out of the work.
Speaker 5: How about maybe finding out what was supposed to happen before you dog somebody out like get it right? No, no, you got it instant.
Speaker 2: They don't. They don't. I have been on both sides of his shoe. They don't have to me. We don't have to get it right. This is twenty first Martyn day. What is it modern day? You go media this, They don't.
Speaker 5: What That doesn't replace what get it right?
Speaker 2: What my man has to do as a player. He is bigger than that.
Speaker 4: Don't give that.
Speaker 2: He is bigger than that.
Speaker 4: Don't give him the time of day.
Speaker 2: No, and if you and then you could say more behind closed doors and get and you and him can have a better understanding than we can out front.
Speaker 5: You know how things have changed. That's back before. Yeah, it would be the media's fault. Now it's the player's fault.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, do you remember.
Speaker 5: No, you weren't there yet. Back then when I needed every.
Speaker 2: Sing here, we need, we need, we could not do that to y'all. Met I remember one time. Oh, yes, Tim, we would have differences, but never publicly.
Speaker 5: Well, but you had differences, and just E'm gonna go public because nobody reported it. In nineteen eighty four, the Morning News did a survey on who should be the quarterback? Okay, Danny White, And they did the survey and Gary Myers was behind it, right, And so Danny White said something to Gary Myers as he was going into where the where you guys ate, right, And Gary Myers smarted off back to him and said, well, I thought that's where the players went, basically telling Danny White he wasn't player. Danny White picked him up by the front of his shirt collar and walked him out of there, right, walked him out of there. The only ones that saw it was the rest of us. It didn't go viral across the country, right, and and so everybody would have stood up basically for the player at that time. It's like the mean they sure would have.
Speaker 2: Disagree.
Speaker 5: He probably deserved.
Speaker 2: The bottom line was this right here? The difference is you right, Galloway, you Blackish, Garad. All of those guys, Tim, Tim, y'all always had a second and third source. We don't have to have. No we do, No, we don't. They don't. Let me tell you why we don't. What is surface today? What was talked about yesterday, what was talked about more than the game was, hey, look at what happened to Dallas cornerback. You don't have to All you have to do is have the big hit of the day. This guy is known now. He was a nobody outside of Dallas. He is known today. He would get an Emmy or Grammy or something on a Hitter of the year, the X of the year for what.
Speaker 5: Tim, I'm wrong, but that doesn't make it right.
Speaker 2: What is the guy name?
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that, yes, you what's the guy named bial Mike Leslie.
Speaker 2: I don't know Mike. I may know his work with his wife.
Speaker 4: His wife is meteorologist at the Channel eleven.
Speaker 2: And she found, like yo, one thing I found out. If you want someone to stay on. Nobody, don't say anything to him. Did our cornaback Digs is a hell of a cornaback that is right now playing in a system that don't fit him. Don't, don't, don't.
Speaker 4: Forget seriously, seriously, on that particular play in question, he did exactly what he needed to do on that play.
Speaker 2: But in fact he got the tackle.
Speaker 4: He's not got touched.
Speaker 2: But mister Leslie is the hero. I don't care what you say.
Speaker 9: I would like to ask, would like to ask hero. What was he supposed to do? Is he supposed to go through the receiver he was covering and Malie Hooker to tackle to try to tackle Kittle at the twenty yard line, because if he had done that, then Kittle scores on the play, because the only reason he didn't score on the play was because Trayvon Diggs knock him all the bounds at the four.
Speaker 2: Yard great thing about these cell phones. The great thing about it is I can become an overnight sensation. If I just get the right clip and say the right thing at the wrong time, I can be caught. See Diggs is a great I'm telling you, Diggs is a great corner. And if he is a nobody corner. If this is Carson, if this was the guy that got hurt with the O, if he had run out there, every be like, man get if you don't get he's a great corner, He's just in the wrong system right now.
Speaker 5: Well, no, because how many times did his guy he was covering catch a ball? Not this got shut out?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, this game here he did.
Speaker 5: He had another tackle that saved at.
Speaker 4: In fact, he said it on Micah's podcast last night.
Speaker 2: Yea, so now you're using Michael's podcast and come back Michael's car. You know that Mike had a winning team. On the next day, he had to defend his boy that they boy. So yeah, my thing is just here, Mick. In today's media, a player can either make it. And it's not about Diggs. Diggs gonna make many more great plays. He's gonna show his value. But if you want a guy to be a nobody and stay on nobody, don't give him the platform.
Speaker 5: Oh I understand, I understand, and and and that's what needed to be pointed out more so than you know, Oh, what are you doing on your phone? Like two minutes after the game was over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and everybody found out he was checking on his brother, you know, and and everybody told him what happened.
Speaker 4: So he gets text messages with a link to the tweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I just I just laughed because we all know dis what he can do and what he's Yeah, he's not a great tackler, you know. And forgive me, Dion, you wasn't either. You want to you want to.
Speaker 5: You want to reverse on?
Speaker 2: That was that?
Speaker 5: So we got into it several years ago, right.
Speaker 2: You and who the guy? Yeah, mister Leslie.
Speaker 5: And I said, and he said, he said, so he said something. I said, did you did you you heard what I said? And he goes, oh no, somebody told me. And I said, well, there is your next mistake.
Speaker 2: Right, But he's mister Leslie. I'm probably he can get on this show now and everybody will be talking.
Speaker 5: He got his own segment last night. He got on the ticket on morning.
Speaker 4: Yes, really, how.
Speaker 2: Did you feel being ridiculed and and hurt? He's just sitting there now, he's mixed.
Speaker 5: That was build.
Speaker 2: It brought her up. Yeah, why you can't say, mister Leslie's.
Speaker 5: Now and now he's going to show up on his day off to be the hero to be here to face Trayvon dis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if I'm Trayvon, I walk by him like he ain't never was, never existed.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, you need to go way pastime for this.
Speaker 5: No, we haven't even had a break and we're back at a moment Shah.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the arts since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rick and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help.
Speaker 5: You win slides for the first down.
Speaker 7: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie, and crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, Tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls with Star Sports Tours. You can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 2: Today Devict Shots.
Speaker 5: Witness the biggest boxing event in modern history at Netflix. It's MVPs. Paul Versus Tyson and Taylor Versus Serrano head to AT and T Stadium on Friday, November fifteenth as the international superstar Jake Paul takes on the Baddest man on the planet, Mike Tyson, and don't miss Katie Taylor and Amanda Seranod's long awaited rematch for the undisputed super Lightweight Championship. Limited tickets are available now at SeatGeek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 4: Okay, we only have a minute or so left here, and the breaking news in the NFL right now is Trayvon Diggs brothers Stefan out for the rest of the season with a torn acl destiny. Yeah right, because he got hurt in the game on Sunday, and so we will not have for the second straight year, we won't have Trayvon Versus stuff on when the Texans come here.
Speaker 5: So if some Monday night football next month, So that's why he was up bothered to find out why he was on his phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's why.
Speaker 5: Well there's your answer. He was like, we don't worry about that.
Speaker 2: But that's that's gotta be first. Know. The thing about it is he he probably didn't know. I didn't care to know. But the thing is, uh, he was emotional. Diggs was emotional. He got he was emotion like man emotion. You know. I just wish one of his teammates would have got to him and said, you know, like Mike Irvan saved me a couple of times from stubbing my toe. You know, but it's a new world, man, it's a new world, and.
Speaker 5: You saved me from stubbing my toe.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, hey man, just friends looking out for friends. But I tell you it's been nice. Man and Mick. You never answered my question about the ring game, But it's okay. You can even know me on it.
Speaker 5: What that they should run more?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, here's what.
Speaker 4: Here's your homework assignment. Go back and look at the two fourth quarter drives against the Steelers and look at the sixty five yard eleven play drive against the forty nine ers and see see what they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have in common. Yeah, me and me and Bill already know.
Speaker 4: Yeah you think, let me give you, let me give you a hint.
Speaker 2: It don't come at me, leslie. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Actually, actually the sixteen ninety yards sixteen play drive against Pittsburgh actually started midway of the third worthy, and it was a they were down ten to six, just like they were down thirteen to ten, A San Francisco, go on you third quarter on Sunday, Yes, and they went.
Speaker 5: But what happened before that drive in Pittsburgh?
Speaker 2: The point is we got to go make don't don't, don't, don't find.
Speaker 5: What was Pittsburgh doing?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 4: They had scored a touchdown to start the third quarter, exactly like San Francisco did, okay, to start the third quarter in the San Francisco game. San Francisco went down and scored to take a thirteen to ten lead. And to start the third quarter, Pittsburgh got the ball and went seventy two yards in six plays to score to take a ten to six lead.
Speaker 5: So they scored twice in a row.
Speaker 4: No, they scored Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh did, okay, just like San Francisco did to start the third quarter.
Speaker 5: And then what happened after the Cowboys scored.
Speaker 4: And then it was.
Speaker 2: Word after the cow But you know, let me tell you what happened while that was on their way to score. They defense was resting.
Speaker 4: Their defense. I'll give you that their defense rested. They took over with seven twenty three left in the third quarter, and they scored with thirteen to fifty one left in the four So seven twenty three, they ate up eight minutes and thirty two seconds of the clock, and Pittsburgh went three and out. And then the Cowboys came back out there, and then what happened on that possession back through an interception and then Pittsburgh got the ball back and they went sixty three yards and twelve plays because they weren't rested now. And then to close the game the last four fifty six it was seventy yards and fifteen plays. But just go look at the number of different players running or passing who touched the football on those two drives.
Speaker 2: Can you do that for us? Mister?
Speaker 5: I can thank you, especially forget if you get that many plays.
Speaker 2: Thank you? All right, we have just made this do bigger, bigger again.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll see if Everson taps out again tomorrow, We'll see again tomorrow at noon.
Speaker 2: Go Cowboys, Go Cowboys, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Go mister, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 5: What if a Cowboy player had done that?
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.