Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome into the cycle. I am Ryan warmly joined. I would say as always, but it's been actually a minute since we've done a show together, but joined today certainly and always going forward by Mike maher mayor how you doing, Buddy.
Speaker 2: I'm doing all right. It's great to have you back. We haven't done a show this offseason or really since, like I want to say, July, since you like kind of abandoned me for football. Yeah, I'm doing that right, and you know, happy to do the show. Happy to get the dynamic duo, the Gruesome twosome back together.
Speaker 1: Hopefully people who hear you calls the Gruesome twosom have seen it's always sunny in Philadelphia and understand the reference. Yeah, I believe this is my first time doing the cycle on video, which is very exciting that we're doing that this year. Obviously, I was not here last week because, as you pointed out to everybody violating HIPPA, I think I had surgery last week, so ironically it was the same shoulder surgery you had at the end of December. I had here about six or seven weeks later. I'm not in my sling now. It is my first time sitting at my computer, not in my sling. You will be going back on after the show, but I wanted to try and do a show here without it and look and hopefully sound somewhat normal. It's been a very difficult week and a half since the surgery, as I know you can relate to, because you were just in that situation sleeping, very difficult and along those lines, I've paid very little attention to baseball in the last you know, we ca and half here since spring training really got underway, because I've been focused on, you know, early stages of recovery and everything else. So one of the things we're going to jump into here is you kind of catching me up on what I might have missed here in the early stages of spring training. How was your shoulder surgery recovering? Though I know there were some comments last week about you maybe being a little disrespectful a little rude to me about mine, I'm gonna turn the other cheek and actually be nice and respect full and ask you how you're doing, My dear friend.
Speaker 2: I thought for sure you were teeming me up for an apology there. Yeah, there were there were a few comments, and thank you to everyone who chimed in with the comments, except for you know, a couple of people had some some words for me. They didn't realize I was I was joking about, you know, your recovery and coming back to the show was one joking, especially as someone who went through the same surgery. It's funny. I was gonna I was going to surprise you by wearing my sling, So it would have been pretty ironic that if I wore mine and you did not wear yours, that.
Speaker 1: Would show how I'm just like you know, Wolverine out here in my healing factor.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: If if anybody notices me grimacing at all during the show now that we're on video, it's because I'm like trying to move my arm a little bit to type or something. I'm having to use a left handed mouse these days, which is extremely struggle for me. I'm very much right handed. So well, we'll get through the best we can. I didn't want to miss too many episodes here. I was really excited to do some of these preseason shows. We talked about maybe bringing Cycle back at opening day, because that's what when we started the show last year for our first season. But I think you and I really wanted to touch base and meet just once a week here kind of in these these you know, month and a half or so between when pitchers and catchers report and when we actually get to opening day and just kind of make sure we're on top of everything and bringing the people hopefully what they want, which is uh, which is the cycle. So we'll dive right in. Today's episode, which you teased last week, is going to be about players that we hate ranking. These are the guys that UH for you and me and and also for all the rankers. You know, we looked a little bit at kind of the standard deviation of some of these guys' ranks, which you can find in our expert consensus rankings at fantasypros dot com. But it's guys that you and I have really found that we struggled to rank and really decide like how we feel about them. This year, we are going to include some names that you guys throughout in the comments, so please continue to do that. We really appreciate it, both in terms of giving us, you know, names that you guys want to hear us talk about, and also just for being a part of the show and a part of that conversation We're really excited to to have everybody kind of hopping into the comments now that we are on YouTube, so please continue to do that. We definitely appreciate it, and I feel free to throw us, you know, replies and comments on social media as well, beyond YouTube, but YouTube as we're most likely to see it. So we're going to jump into that. We have three players each that we wanted to talk about. We'll throw us monerol mentions out there, and like I said, a couple of players that you guys suggested in the comments. But before we get into those players that we hate ranking, I do want to ask you to please catch me up Mayor on some of the big news and notes from the last couple of weeks that I have not been paying attention to because I've been otherwise preoccupied.
Speaker 2: Yea, Luckily there hasn't been too much crazy news. We had a pretty normal ish off season for baseball. It wasn't like in the last year or two, where you know, we got to this point of the year and some really big names remained unsigned. The last big name to sign, or one of the last big names to sign, was Alex Bregman went to my Red Sox which you know, the Red Sox finally spending some money. I'm pretty excited about that as a Red Sox fan, but also from a fan, I see a baseball perspective because maybe not the biggest jump going from like the Astros Park to Fenway Park. You know, there's still kind of that like favorable left field for him, but also he's going to be eligible second base, it sounds like, which is interesting for fantasy. So Alex Bragman, third base, second base eligible. I also wouldn't be surprised at some point if he played a little shortstop, assuming you know Trevor's story and that inevitably goes on the injured list. Not wishing for injuries, but you know, just kind of his history there, that's a possibility. So if you can get that kind of versatility from Alex Bregman, we're fully in baseball players being in the best shape of their lives and also adding new pitches. Some of the more exciting ones were if Paul Skins wasn't already good enough, he's apparently adding a two seamer and tinkering with a cutter. So that's pretty terrifying for opposing batters because Paul Skins is already really good despite leaning on that fastball logan, Gilbert is working on what appears to be a splinker, which is a fun hybrid sinker splitter pitch.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you quickly on Skeens, where are you drafting him this year? Like not amongst pictures, but like where in the first or second round or wherever it is that you have him, because he's That's the way we're talking about today because obviously everybody really likes Skeens. There's not much to debate. But I'm always, I always really struggle every year with deciding when I want to break the seal of going from you know, the tops, always a handful of batters to kind of getting into that first picture. Where is Skins going for you?
Speaker 2: For me, he's going mid to late first round. And we talked about him last week as kind of if you're doing that pocket AS's strategy. I kind of liked one thing I said, you know, if you not that I'm necessarily going to always do pocket ass this year, but if you kind of want to do it, one interesting way is that if you can get if you're like picking like eighth, ninth, tenth, you know, close to the turn and skins fallows. You can potentially get Skeens and then scooble on the way back and double dip. The other thing I like doing is and we talked about it a little bit last week. If you want to do pocket ass is, get Skeens right there, you know, like five, six, seven, eight, and then get another hitter in the second round, and then that third round you'll still have a decent tier of pictures, like a logan Gilbert has fallen to the third round that Kelly mentioned if you want to do pocket asis. But also I'm fine just taking Skeens as my first pitcher and then going hit or heavy and then dealing with picture the rest of the way, especially because when you get to kind of into that mid to late first round, Skeens to me seems kind of more exciting than some of the other names that are going around there, like you know, like especially when you get to like Frnana Tatis, Corbyn Carrol, I feel like I would prefer Skeins over them.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you where that line of demarcation is, and that was exactly what I was going to say. Is so in ECR currently if you look at it at number nine is Mookie Betts after him, Number ten is Frnando Tatists, eleven Corbin Carrol, twelve is Francisco Ldor. I think after Bets. To me, it's like, actually a no brainer. It's like I am taking Skeens if those first nine hitters are off the board. Regardless, there are some of those hitters that I would probably take Skeens over as well, but I think it's a no brainer kind of at like that tenth pick, maybe of those names ahead of him, and I was quickly reads it's wit Otani, Judge, Jose Ramirez, Ellie de la Cruz, Gunner Henderson wants so to Kyle Tucker, Mookie Betts, the names everybody would expect. Obviously, how many of those names you think you would take Skins over? Because you said mid first, so that sounds more like, you know, fifth or six pick, or is it? Is it kind of that back end of the first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said mid first before I looked through the list, and then it's probably towards the later first. But it's also like, if I'm going into a draft and I really want Skeens, I'm probably going to take him, maybe after Ellie in that like sixth spot. But I also think you're completely justified taking that next tier of hitters over him, which is kind of why I landed in like that, like ten to eleven Tatis, Carol Spot.
Speaker 1: For me, I think the only four names I'm not even considering Skeens over are wit Otani, Judge and Jose Ramirez. Everybody else, I would at least kind of think about it if I'm on the clock and he's available. Yeah, now that we had, Like obviously everybody likes Skeens, I'm just he's actually a little low in ECRs. He's seventeenth overall and he's behind Thuring Schuble. But like for me, like Skeens is the first picture I'm taking, and he is not getting to the second round if I'm picking Lee in the first. Yeah, like I said, we don't need to dive too deep into that. I just was kind of curious because I think it's one of the more fascinating conversations every year in terms of like how early do you want to pull the trigger on a picture? And and for me, Skeens that guy this year, So you said he's added some pitches. Very scary look, Gilbert Tinkering with the splinker, the splinker Tinker. What else you got?
Speaker 2: Flinker Tinker? I did, I didn't I mentioned it's it's a little bit more of a normal year. There are some still interesting free agents that have remained unsigned, despite you know, spring training started already. Jatie Martinez. I was for Dugo Spencer Turnbull. I thought it was a really interesting name that I'm surprised no one has picked up Jose I Glacias, Lance Lynn, Jose Cantana, and Kyle Gibson. So not like a you know, real all star lineup of players, but an interesting, interesting list of players and a quick pop quiz for you from from this list, and like not that this is my war on war. A lot of people know that I'm not a huge war guy. But of the people on this list, who do you think the highest war last year? Uh?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Uh on a baseball reference or on fanographs, fangrass, I'm gonna guess it's a hitter than was it for du Goo.
Speaker 2: No, it's actually Jose Iglaciers, probably because it's like overvaluing his defense.
Speaker 1: I was good, Okay, I almost said a Glaciers for the glove only, but I just couldn't get there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then who's the one who's projected to have they're all free agents obviously, but who's projected right now to have the highest war among this group? Uh?
Speaker 1: Maybe Lynn or Gibson. Actually, I don't know. I don't I don't even want to put a real guest to who is it?
Speaker 2: Well, you don't want to put a real guester, But you almost had the right name because It'skyli Gibson.
Speaker 1: So okay, I should just stopped yourself.
Speaker 2: Short of staying in the correct answer. And then the other thing before we go too much further, is that you and I, much to your chagrin, tied the two star pitcher competition from last Definitely.
Speaker 1: We definitely did not. This is this is false. I won't stand for this, these lies that you're saying tied. There's no way. I mean, it was horrible judgment of who won each week at the end of the year, which I wasn't even a part of.
Speaker 2: So I don't know whose fault is that.
Speaker 1: Our bosses for saying I need to focus on football when we get to August. I don't agree with this. I don't think we tied the two star picture competition. I'm want to go back and demand a recount.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll recount it right now. We tied, we still tied.
Speaker 1: I believe I felt pretty strongly that in that final week you gave yourself a win when when my I think I must have been Kelly false.
Speaker 2: Kelly won the last week. So you're you haven't even looked into this much closer. So I.
Speaker 1: Refuse to believe this is accurate, and I will give you no more airtime to speak these lies into existence. Uh, just jump to the actual show here. Like I said, we're talking about kind of polarizing draft targets guys that we are really struggling to rank. We didn't kind of intentionally do it by position, but we do each have one infielder to talk about, which have one pitcher coming back from injury to talk about, and we kind of have like a you know, wild card player at a different position to talk about. And then like I said, we've got those listener picks as well. All right, we'll start with the infielders here, and we'll start with mine Jackson Holiday. So I actually didn't really intend to go into this with like starting off talking about an Oriel.
Speaker 2: Kicking where you left off at the homework pick.
Speaker 1: So in might defense, I sent you like six names and said I can't really pick, like which three d you want to talk about? And Holiday was the only Oriole on that list, But we did end up picking an Oriel here. I think he's really fascinating to decide because you could hardly have had a more hyped prospect coming into last season. Not that he was like an all time but like he was up there in terms of his age and what he had done in his limited experience as a professional at the minor league level, and you couple that with you could hardly have had a worse debut. There was a couple of stretches where it looked like he was turning things around, and you know, he went on some some you know, heaters in terms of like, oh he had home runs like three straight days, you know, some big hits. But overall, you know, the batting average is one to eighty nine, the ops was five sixty six. He only had four stolen bases in sixty games, which I was surprised by. I thought he was going to run a bit more. Obviously. The strikeouts were like a huge problem, particularly early. He struck out in fifty percent of his plate appearances in his first you know, a couple of weeks in the majors before being demoted and then coming up again and doing a bit better his second time through, but overall, like obviously a very poor year. Having said that, he's now kind of gotten that under his belt. The Orioles in particular, we have seen this happen a lot. Gunnar Henderson struggled his first kind of month or two. The big Leagues' Adlee Rutchman struggled for like a month before kind of breaking out. You know, Jackson Holiday a bit longer of a struggle. He was a bit younger than those guys too, and then they turned it on and showed everybody why they were number one prospects in baseball. You know, kind of once that switch was flipped, Holiday in camp looks yoked. He clearly beefed up in the offseason. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more power this year. He's now gotten to spend an entire offseason focusing solely on second base and knowing that's where he's going to be playing this year. I think there's a chance that he just explodes and has this awesome year at the position. I also think there's a chance that he's still young, hasn't the switch hasn't flipped yet, and he's not good given the pedigree and the age. I want to be buying Jackson holiday. I want to have him on my teams and take that swing, because I think there's a ton of real upside there, especially in a lineup where if he is good, if he is what we think he can be, you can slide him in at the top of the lineup, move Gunner down to maybe the three spot, leave Adleott two, and all of a sudden, the opportunity for scoring more runs is going to be like immense as opposed to where he's been hitting, which is in the kind of seventy eight to nine range. But the downside is clearly there, because we just saw the downside last year, and it's really the pedigree that we're counting on as a reason to think he's going to take a big step forward rather than at least in my opinion, anything we saw like in the underlying numbers last year. At the end of the year, it was better than it was in April, but not like, oh, this is the most obvious breakout guy. So that's why I really struggle to rank him both at the position and kind of overall. What say you may.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with most of what you said. I feel like this year we might still be from a fantasy perspective, maybe like a year early. Like you said, he's still really young. He came out, he had a really rough start. I don't want to put too much weight into projections, but I always look at projections when I kind of like, you know, pull up their pages and kind of like see what we're looking at. Projections don't love him, And with the caveat that, projections are usually pretty conservative, so it's you're not going to see projections like predict a major breakout, so you kind of have to take that with a grain AsSalt when you are looking at projections. But I do kind of look at the consensus projections on fans to browth and see what we're looking with. Shout out to Zeal Projections, by the way, second most accurate last season behind Derek Carty's The bat X and Fantasy Pros. Zeal projections were actually the first for pitching, so shout out to Fantasy Spros data team for that, but they haven't protected for like one hundred and nine between hundred nine hundred twenty games, eleven home runs, eight stolen bases, batting in like the two thirties. That's that's pretty much the contensus across the board. That's not great depending you know, for fantasy obviously you would want him to take a like I said, as being conservative, you want to take a bigger step forward.
Speaker 1: I think that I think that game's total is wrong. I think he's playing every day for the most part. Like I don't think we're going to see the same level of sitting him against lefties that we saw last year. Like the way they approached this offseason. As an Oils fan, I was somewhat, you know, frustrated by it, but it's very clear it's Jordan Westberg is playing third base every day, Gonna Hunderson is playing shorts up every day, and Jackson Holliday is playing second base every day, and he will have to struggle to not play one hundred and forty games. In my opinion, I could be proven wrong, but I'm expecting a full year from him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's possible, and they're definitely being conservatives. You wonder are they Are they predicting more sitting versus lefties. Are they protecting him to get sent down at some point? Which is possible from a fantasy perspective. I do think it's a year early, but he is going pretty late. He's going I was actually looking at my rank because I have him wrong to right around two hundred. Right now, let's see where he's his ADP is, and he's right around there. He's one ninety four. So you're not gonna it's not like a huge risk. You're not taking this guy in the first five rounds, and so there is the upside of like the breakout there. I tend to think we're still a year early just because of how young he is, but you know, a lot of potential there.
Speaker 1: What do you think about at the position he's he's sixteenth amongst second basement right now in ECR, you know, surrounded by names like he's right ahead of like Glabora Torres, Jonathan India, you know, Michael Garcia's twentieth ahead of him. You know guys like Bryson Stott Rise, you know Nico Horner's a few spots ahead of him, Like is that is that the right spot for him is sixteenth at the position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say it probably is Nico Horner. I would prefer over him. Matt Shaw is someone like Kelly talked about last week as a sleeper who's really intriguing. Who's the second you know should have some second base eligibility. Bryson Stott. I feel like we know who Bryson Stott is, and he's like a solid baseball player. But Jackson Holliday might be more of like an exciting dart throw at that point, you know, for picking like Bryson Stott versus Jackson Holliday. Jackson Holiday has some upset upside. Rafaella is right around there with second based eligibility. There are a lot of questions about like whether he's going to play every day, so there are you know, just as many questions about him and his like proclivity to swing at everything to where jack You know, Jackson Holliday might be a more exciting pick in that range, but I think that's right around where he should be. I don't think you should go much lower than that.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, I think of all the names not in the top six of the position, if I had to bet on one, that's the best value to possibly wind up in the top six this year. It's him because the downside is like super apparent, but so is the upside, and I think the upside is more enticing to me than some of these other names. All Right, we got our ools stalk out of the way. Who's your infielador that you wanted to talk about?
Speaker 2: I wanted to go with zach Netto, which I'm always tempted to say his name is like Nido, which then I just think about Anchorman and my brain, my ADHD just starts taking me in a different direction like Nido Gang. But zach Netto is a fascinating one because I look at the numbers and I'm kind of wowed that he went twenty three home rounds thirty Stone bases bat at around two fifty. But like when I watch him and when I look at his underlying metrics, I'm like, are we sure he's good? And like now he's got an injury that he's dealing with too, Like it seems like he could be should be ready for opening Day, but he just started like playing catch recently, I believe, so there's injury concern there too, And I just he's kind of a fascinating one for him, a fascinating rank for me because I look at him and I look at the numbers and I'm like, this is really valuable. But then I look I kind of dive into who he is as a player, and I just kind of don't see it, and I want to move him lower my rankings, and it just makes me nervous because if you look at he's like not that we want to like only look at stack cast data, but when you look at statcast data, despite his production, it's a lot of blue, and it's a lot there are a lot of red flags there. And so even as someone who batted to forty nine last year, he's expected batting average was two thirty six, and you just look at like, you know, his like sweet spot numbers like not good chase with k rate all well below average, doesn't have a great like ex velocity or like barrel percentage, and it's just you know, I think we're going to see a lot of people kind of like projecting out that kind of production again, and the oh, I can get like twenty plus home runs, thirty stolen bases from him, and I get that, I get that kind of like powers combo. But I also wonder if we're kind of over projecting him based on his you know, kind of like prospect pedigree and some of the kind of luck he ran into last year when some of the underlarmed numbers are not good.
Speaker 1: I have a pretty clear answer to this. I wonder if you also see the same way, what do you think he's more likely to repeat twenty three home runs or thirty stolen bases?
Speaker 2: I assume stolen bases.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree with that. He also got caught stealing ten times last year. It's kind of a lot, but it kind of shows that they were the angels didn't mind letting him run. Certainly, I find it very difficult to imagine. You know, it's only a second year. Like me, he can still get better, Obviously, I find it very difficult to imagine him getting twenty home runs again, given some of the underlying numbers you pointed out. Whereas I do see him as a likely source of stolen bases, I don't maybe he doesn't get thirty, but like I would imagine he is getting twenty twenty five like at minimum, barring an injury. Whereas home runs, I'd be more comfortable, like if you had to give me, like what's the minimum you think he gets, it'd be more like fifteen eighteen rather than in the twenties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's just kind of he had twenty three home runs last year and if you look at his regrant that he you know, was drafted in twenty twenty two, I believe, and just kind of like has flown through the minor leagues. He had twenty three home runs last year, and it is like previous like two minor league seasons combined, he had like just around like twenty three combined, dating all the way back to like high A ball, and so we just haven't seen this kind of power from him.
Speaker 1: And he played eighty four games in twenty twenty three and had nine homers, so he played, you know, more than half a season and had single digits. So yeah, it just doesn't seem like barring a lucky season, that's really in his skill set. He's twentieth at shortstop I think right now in ECR, and he's you know, obviously his ADP is one to eighty three, So similar to holidays, somebody that you're not having to spend big bucks on, so maybe worth a swing, but I think he's a good pick of somebody where kind of fitting this topic of conversation. Is a difficult person to rank because if you just look at that setting everything else aside. If you look at a twenty four year old shortstop who went twenty thirty last year, that is somebody you want to invest in, but it's hard to want to rank him aggressively a given the strength of the position and be given all the stuff you laid out all right, before we get into our injured pitchers, want to let everybody know about the draft simulator. Level up your fantasy baseball draft prep with Fantasy Pros Mock Draft Simulator. Complete realistic mock drafts in minutes without waiting between picks. Tailor your mock drafts to your league's specific settings, including roster configurations and scoring systems. Receive instant feedback and draft grades to refine your strategy and gain a competitive edge. Prepare confidently and dominate your draft with the mock Draft Simulator at fantasypros dot com slash mock. I will be using that mock draft simulator a lot because I have joined a couple of new leagues this year, including one that you invited me to Marror, which I appreciate, although I didn't agree to join until Dan Harris made the official invite, and I want that on record.
Speaker 2: In my defense, it was my idea for him to text you. I was like, well, you text him, you can. You can bring this over the finish line, like give him the old Dan Harris charm and bring it home and lo and behold, nailed it.
Speaker 1: It worked. It worked one hundred percent. I'm excited to be in that league. It's a fun one that you've talked about on the show before, but I definitely need to get some prep in. It's probably had a type of league, now that I say it out loud that I can really use the draft simulator for. It's a very specific rule league, but I'll certainly be using the simulator for all of my other league prep that I need to do and catch up on all the stuff I've been missing with the surgery. All right, let's get to our injured pictures here. I'll let you go first this time.
Speaker 2: Who you got sure I'm going to go? I think we have two interesting names here in terms of just kind of like injured pictures, like high end pictures returning from injury Spencer. Strider's is a really fascinating one because you know, he was sp one last year and or you know, going into last year and you know, twenty twenty three, two hundred and eighty one strikeouts, and.
Speaker 1: He wasn't just sp one and he was like what we just talked about with schemes, like where in the first round are you taking to Strider? He was exactly the clear cut, no doubt about it, sp one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I took him in the first round in a few or at least a couple of high stakes leaus. I mentioned this in YouTube comments last week when I was chatting with people. I mentioned they were talking about, you know, going double aces and sp early, and I mentioned, you know, I kind of took a big swing in some high stakes leagues and a different strategy and took Strider in the first round. And obviously it went poorly for me. But also if you took Ronald lcuoney in the first round last year, probably didn't have a great year either. The thing with Striders, I don't always love taking players who are already injured, especially pictures, because you're already going to deal with enough injuries. I don't like starting with players who are already injured. The thing that's intriguing for about him is that he's going pretty late. And even though there's some sestions about whther or not he's going to start the year like some people think he's gonna, you know, maybe miss the first month, he's already throwing off a mount. You know, we're in February. You know, we're still a month from the season starting, and he's already thrown off a mound. How much time is he really going to miss? You know, they're projecting him for about one hundred and twenty innings. One hundred and twenty innings at a spencer strider, a lot more valuable than one hundred twenty innings that other pictures, especially if maybe you push that to like one hundred and thirty hundred and forty innings now we're talking.
Speaker 1: I mean he in twenty twenty two, he only threw one hundred and thirty one innings and he still had over two hundred strikeouts. In fact, he doesn't need that much work if he's what he was before to help you immensely in the category like.
Speaker 2: That, and he's just going late enough. You know, let's look at his ADP from from from recent drafts. His ADP is one twenty seven, so you can get him like you're not paying a you know, even if you want to, Like we talked about this a little bit last week with like different like Fantasys Baseball Draft Strategies, which you can go check out that video with me and Kelly too because we talked about some of the stuff. But just like in know, if there's an interesting kind of like middle ground of pitcher this year, if you want to hammer like hitters early and then you can start hitting like Spencer Strider, a Contra and some of these other Jeffrey Springs late, you can start hitting this like there's there's a lot of value. Obviously you're like, you know, some of these pictures are not going to really like pan out, but there's just really interesting middle area of pictures that you don't have to pay up for. Because the pictures this year, like there's a there's top tiers of Skiens Schooble, and then I think there's a teer break Wheeler Logan Gilbert, and I think there's another tier break and then it's like you get into more question marks like Corby Burns, Gara Corchet Chris Sale, and then you're getting pretty far down the list, and the difference between like SP ten and SP forty or so might not be that big this year. And if you can hit on names like Spencer Stryder, you know after pick one hundred, there's a lot of upside there.
Speaker 1: I really I think he's a great call for this discussion. I was going to ask you if I had miss kind of any early updates. It looks like on his page on Fantasy Pros, just kind of looking at the news and notes, you know, mixed in a curveball during side session Friday. That was four days ago. So next step facing live hitters. I am with you, particularly at picture. I just tend to not want the injured guys. Like again, it's it's like drafting in football in general, but specifically for pictures in baseball. You know you're gonna get hit with injuries. Why add to that risk on purpose? And Strider is such an exception because the ceiling isn't Oh, this is like a quality starting pitture in irritation. The ceiling is holy cow, you got the best picture in Fantasy baseball. Again. Now, I don't think either of us are thinking he's going to be that even in the best case scenario when he returns, But it's a non zero chance that he is an elite ace, like in the innings he's giving you, even if it's not going to be, you know, a full workload of innings. So i've him actually cut for different reasons, similarly to how I viewed Scheens last year, where I wasn't entirely sure what the timeline was going to be. I wasn't entirely sure how the team was going to treat him once he was pitching in terms of the number of innings, but that I was reasonably certain the innings we were going to get were going to be pretty superb if he was actually out there, and if you invested in schemes that worked out really well for you, by the end of the season, you had this absolute stud So the fact that I'm kind of making that comparison almost makes me think he should be ranked higher, or at least somebody that I draft higher than an ADP of one twenty seven to make sure I get him. But similar to I mean, all the guys were going to talk about obviously the reason they're on this list, it's because there's an upside case and a downside case. I don't know where I really come down in terms of, like specifically where I'm drafting him, So like, if you want to be aggressive and get him, how much earlier than that as of right now? And his ADP might change with you know, news updates throughout March, But as of right now, where would you actually like click draft on him to make sure you get him if you want to take that risk.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I'm thinking, because he's going like tenth to eleventh round right now, and drafts are going to start coming up. I've only drafted one league right now, but over the next few weeks, I'm gonna have a lot more drafts. And like I said, he's already kind of throwing, and if we start getting more and more positive reports from him, that ADP is going to rise, and then it's a question of how far has it rise to the port where I'm comfortable Right now, I feel like I'm comfortable rolling the dice in the eighth round, which is still you know, not that big of a risk, assuming you know you have some pretty good picks in the first seven rounds, which if you don't, you're kind of screwed anyway, But that feel, I don't know that I can, Like at his current ADP, he's going like tenth eleventh round, and I could I'm fine taking him around or two earlier to make sure I get him to kind of take that swing once his ADP. If it goes much higher than that and we go like seventh, sixth round, then I start getting nervous that I don't know. One, if you're going to get the ROI there, and if they're you know, there, becomes more risk and I don't the value kind of shrinks.
Speaker 1: So let's loop in my injured picture. Who's going in a very similar spot in drafts Shane McClanahan, who was obviously awesome prior to his injury. Now it feels like a long while ago because it kind of was. Unlike Strider, there's no confusion about his timeline. He has been announced as the Ray's opening day starter already, which it was a piece of news I did see seventeen months removed from his Tommy John surgery. So, like I said, it's been like a year and a half, but we know he's going to be back out there already. Obviously a picture who was very good prior to the injury. He's still only twenty seven years old. It's not like he's, you know, that much older. In twenty twenty three, the last time we saw him, you know, his era was three twenty nine. He start out one hundred and twenty one batters in one hundred and fifteen innings, which was a step down from his twenty twenty two which was superb but too fifty four era. His strikeout rate was over thirty percent. He ha one hundred ninety four in one hundred and sixty six and a third innings. Just a very very good pitcher in an organization that knows how to use their pitchers. We haven't seen him in a while, so he's a couple of spots higher than Stryder in ECR rank amongst pitchers Stryder's fifty one and mclanahan's forty eighth at the position, but ADP is a couple of spots lower. Stryder's won twenty seven, mclanhan's won thirty one. Would you rather have Stryder or McLanahan this year.
Speaker 2: That's a great question. And I love this pick because of what you said, because it's not like his injury was much longer ago, Like he was working his way back toward the end of last year and probably could have returned at at the tail end of the season, and they just kind of opted to play it safe. So now he's had several more months to continue getting ready. And the projections are showing that too, because while Strider was projected at like one hundred and twenty innings, they're already saying mclanaank if they're one sixty or more. And that's really exciting given how good he was when he was on the mound in that league that you just joined. There's some shame McClanahan lower there because a few years ago, our friend of the show, Brandon Tuma, posted like a draft day screenshot on the morning of our auction or a salary draft day.
Speaker 1: You mean the movie draft day of the movie Draft what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, Shane mclanahand no matter what, And then two might I got into a bidding war for McLanahan and he thought I was just gonna one up him for the rest of the evening, but I really was at my limit and he he stopped, and so I ended up getting McLanahan and he will. He brings it up every year. But yeah, I would to answer your question, I think I would rather have McLanahan just because you're gonna get more out of him. And I think, I mean, there's still there's risk with all pictures, especially pictures were covering from injury, but his timeline is so much different, like it's so different from Strider that you know you can there's there's a lot more there.
Speaker 1: So why why did think mclanahan's ADP is lower? Because I I just think the certainty of knowing he's going to be on the mound day one is worth at the very least being a better ADP than Stryder, if not significantly better, just given that there is no confusion with Strider and it's a McLanahan is a slouch right, Like again, he maybe wasn't as elite as Strider was, but very very very good starting pitcher when we last saw him. So why is the ADP like that? I would think the certainty of the injury is people just forgetting about him, Like I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe you know some some people forgetting about him and then also just kind of like disagreeing on the ceiling because you know, like Shan mclannan could be an sp one, maybe not sp one overall, but like n sp one for sure, Whereas like Strider potentially is the best pitcher in baseball. But like you said, mclann has no slouch either. He's still really really good and we've seen him be really really good, and so yeah, I know I could. I completely agree he's difficult to rank, but also I feel like I'm going to be more aggressive on him just because of what we see.
Speaker 1: If I can get McLanahan in the like early eleventh round or whatever one thirty one that is with the math, I mean, I'm gonna be sprinting to the podium to make that pick like that. See if if he starts to go up in ADP, maybe that it becomes a different conversation similar to Strider. But right now, like that is, to my opinion, one of the most screaming values you can have in a draft this year is the upside you can get with McLanahan with less injury uncertainty then you're gonna get with some of these other guys. So I think these are two guys that are gonna be kind of tied together throughout most of the year, honestly in terms of how I'm evaluating them given where they're going in drafts right now.
Speaker 2: Yep, I agree.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to our kind of last you know players each There's no theme with this one. We just each picked one more player. I went with Brent Rooker, and when I was sitting down to think about these players, there was kind of a couple different categories, and I try to hit on all of them. There were the injured guys who that's why they're uncertain is just trickly injury. There's the young guys who haven't broken out yet, like of Jackson Holliday. And then there's the guys who you know, have shown it but at a surprising age or surprising point in their career where you have to question kind of how legitimate it is. Brett Rocker was awesome last year. It's not like he's, you know, late thirties. He is thirty right now, but that's a late breakout. He's also going to be playing in this you know, weird Sacramento Park with a bad as team. But you look at the numbers from last year thirty nine home runs, one hundred and twelve RBI even on a bad team. He stole eleven bases, so like he wasn't even a zero there, and he almost hit three hundred. His bating average two ninety three. His BATPP was definitely elevated, so I wouldn't expect another two ninety three season from him, but in ops over nine hundred, another thirty home run season, which also did in twenty twenty three. By the way, he had thirty home runs. You know. The stolen bases I think is somewhat legitimate. He only had four the year before, but I you know, give him eight or something like that, I think is very much on the table. And yet late stage breakout always kind of has me worried, especially when it's coupled with a bapup like the one he had, and you know, seems to be a degree of luck in there as well. His ADP's fifty eight. So this is a guy who's going much higher than some of the other names we've talked about. If you were going to guarantee he's going to repeat last season, and he'd be, you know, even higher than fifty, much higher than fifty eight. So there's already some of that uncertainty baked in, I really struggle with where to rank him. Also DH only in some leagues, I believe according to our site on Yahoo he's outfield eligible. On ESPN and CBS he's DH only, which is why he is kind of listed as you know, rostered higher in Yahoo. This would be a reason for that. So that also, you know, plays a role in evaluating him. What do you make of Rooker? Obviously we know he's great last year and we talked about him a lot on the SHO last year actually too, But what do you make about him for ranking him in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a tough one because of what you said. You know, he's he's thirty. He's not ancient, but he also didn't really break out until he was thirty or maybe you know, like twenty eight. You know, count twenty twenty three as his breakout. But if if Brent Brooker is twenty five years old, he's the first round pick, and you know, you're kind of like projecting it out. But since he's not, and since you know, like the babbet was elevated, but you know, expect the batting average is still two sixty six. If you can sign up for two sixty six and forty home runs and then also sprinkle in double digit stolen bases, like everyone is looking for that on draft day. But he is is difficult to draft for or to rank for the reasons you mentioned. It's kind of hard to trust this late breakout the Babbitt was inflated, still like an incredible hitter. The ballpark thing is really interesting because it seems like the dimensions it's not going to be like a danetin. It seems like the dimensions for this ballpark are going to be pretty similar to the Coliseum in Oakland, just with with less foul territory. But also who knows how this park is going to play. The balls could be flying out of there just based on you know how you know these smaller ballparks, you know, like smaller stadiums ballpark type of things play, or maybe it has like a really tough batters eye, like like what's going on Seattle where it's just like hard to see there. So you don't want to like over emphasize the ballpark stuff, but it's something to think about that makes it difficult to rank anyone on the a's But you would have to assume it's not gonna be worse than the Colosseum, you would think.
Speaker 1: I think the general consensus from people smarter than me has been that it's you yeah, can you imagine is that it'll be hitter more hitter friendly than the Colosseum, but still would skew towards Pitcher friendly. I'm not going to pretend to have like a ton of knowledge or expertise about how that will actually play. It'll be it'll be like a very key storyline to pay attention to early in the year, certainly, but my expectation is better than the Colosseum, but still picture friendly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I mean, like we'll say, there's so much unknown there, but yeah, it makes him, you know, difficult to rank because of you see this production and you I kind of just want to sign up for it again. But also it kind of makes you a little nervous based on, you know, not the long drag record there.
Speaker 1: I kind of feel like I will ultimately end up drafting him ahead of ADP because at least on the power this is not his first time hitting thirty home runs, so I think it's reasonable to expect a healthy season is going to be another at thirty ish home run year from him. Whether or not he gets one hundred RBI in this lineup, who's to say whether or not he steals another ten basis? Who's to say to me? Like, the real question mark of should he be going where he's going is the batting average. And in the modern era, you can stomach a lower back If you're giving me thirty three home runs and nine stolen bases, I think it's a pretty with the upside of maybe a decent batting average too, building in some downside possibility as well. To me, that sounds worth it. He's ranked sixtieth in ECR right now, which is almost exactly on line with ADP. To me, like a late fifth round pick, I'll be I'll be happy to take him, I think with a with an early fifth round pick, maybe even like a late fourth depending on how my team looks in the early stages of a draft. I think that's good value.
Speaker 2: Would you rather have Brent Rooker or Tiascar Hernandez?
Speaker 1: I think I would rather have Rooker. Taskar is fifty fifth in ECR, so obviously they're they're very close. His ADP is slightly lower, though it's sixty three. My gut reaction to that the task obviously like thirty three home runs last year, twelve solen bases, so like a good a good comp there. We know, we know that lineup certainly looks a lot different than the Athletics lineup. My gut reaction when you ask me that question is Rooker. But I think they're probably very close. Yeah, that's why I asked, do you do you have a clear lean on that.
Speaker 2: No, that's why I asked that they're They're pretty similar, maybe a round a part, but I think I think I would go Rooker just because of the power potential. You know, you're potentially getting like twelve years.
Speaker 1: They're back to back at it at outfield. They're outfielder seventeen and outfielder eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you could get twelve more home runs from Rooker, which is worth it to you know.
Speaker 1: And by the way, that's if Rooker is outfield eligible. If he's not, very much changes as the calculus depends. You're in, all right, who's your other player you want to.
Speaker 2: So fellow Dodger to Oscar Hernandez, Roki Sasaki And really it's just the unknown here. Just I feel like there's a lot of like when his name was kind of first floated, we heard a lot of, Oh, he might need some time in the minors, like he's really really intriguing, like really young pitcher, really intriguing prospect, you know, and then he signs with the Dodgers, and all of a sudden, it's just like, Oh, he's penciled in. He's going to be awesome, and he's being drafted really aggressively. And I just think because of the unknown and because of how deep the Dodgers are, it makes it really difficult for me to rank because I don't want to be too aggressive on him because the Dodgers have the luxury of just like rolling out a six man rotation or just like sitting him down for a little while, at which point, you know, you already have the uncertainty of, like, this guy's never pitched in the in you know, the major leagues before. And I'm not disagreeing with all the you know, as you would say, smarter people than me who were projecting him to be really good, because he was really really good in another league. And so it's just like the unknown of like, we've never seen this guy pitch in the majors, and you know, I am confident he's gonna be good. But also he's on a really deep Dodgers team, and there's the potential that you drafted him aggressively and then does he just you know, he's in a six man rotation or he gets sent down for a month, and you just like you're just like stuck with that roster spot. And so I think I'm probably not gonna have a ton of him. You know, in Dynasty, he's the one on one, Like Dynasty rookie drafts, he's the one on one pick this year. But in in redraft leagues, he just makes me nervous going where he's going. It looks like I don't know if he pulled up the ADP, but it was like around like one twenty.
Speaker 1: It's just after one oh so it's.
Speaker 2: One o one. So I have him around one twenty one, twenty five and he's just at like one oh one. So I'm probably gonna have a.
Speaker 1: Ton of He's forty six amongst pictures in ranking and his ADP's one oh one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's scary for me. That's you know, you have to be really confident that he's really, really good and that the Dodgers aren't.
Speaker 1: Going to play the lips. Let me ask you this. Yamamoto pitched ninety innings last year. In those ninety innings, he had an ERA of exactly three. His whip was one eleven. He had one hundred and five strikeouts in those ninety innings, twenty two walks. In the innings we get from Rokie, I'm not going to have you guess how many innings he throws because it's the Dodgers and first year and all that. But in the innings we get, will he be better or worse than the innings we got from Yamamoto last year?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think Yama Moto is a better prospect, so I think worse.
Speaker 1: It's a high bar to clear. I'm not saying it's like an easy thing. I tend to agree that I think he'll be worse.
Speaker 2: My main thing is like, look at the Dodgers and like, you know, we've been complaining all year. Like earlier in the year on Slack, we talked about, like you know, doing some rapid reaction stuff for like players signing with teams, and I joked with Welsh, I was like, just do all of them for the Dodgers because seventy five percent of them will be right and you won't have to redo them, and lo and behold that was that was oddly accurate. But if you look at their pictures, Yamamoto, Snell, Glass, Now, Sasaki, Gonsolin, and that's not even including Clayton Kershaw and who you know, Apparently it's just going to be back with them, and you know, whatever happens with Bobby Miller, you get a.
Speaker 1: Lot of wins. Though, Like anytime these guys are on the mound, you're expecting them to get you a win, which isn't.
Speaker 2: Dustin May a really good baseball pitching prospect. He's like SP nine on the Dodgers, So like, if he struggles even a little bit, he's just not going to be in the start of rotation. And I feel like we're kind of taking that for granted right now.
Speaker 1: I think Roki's really good. I really like him as a prospect. I think he's on par with Yamamoto, who's better. I don't know, you know, Rokie's obviously young too, but I really like him. I don't know, I actually wouldn't I went in this conversation. It's funny. I'm kind of like thinking you through on the show. I started this conversation thinking, I think an ADP of one oh one is actually quite reasonable, and I'll probably want to draft him a lot as we're As we're talking about I'm actually thinking one of the one's actually pretty high. There's probably gonna be other players that I like better in that range, and somebody in my I think i'll want him sooner than your ranking of like that one twenty range. But I think there will be somebody in all of my leagues who wants to before, maybe maybe not drafting before, but it only takes one right person to be higher on him than me, and I get the feeling that'll happen.
Speaker 2: In a lot of Yeah, he's a sexy name. He's going to go around earlier than a lot of leagues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so that's rookie. So those are our names. So just as a recap Jackson Holliday and Zach Netto, Shane McLanahan and Specter Strider and Brent Rooker and Rookie Sasaki. We got some listener picks here as well. A couple of hitters. The first one and like I think you and I both easily could have picked this name if it hadn't been suggested by a listener. It's a name that we talked about last year. As you know, we couldn't believe where he was going in some rounds, and you know, it's some drafts rather and then early on it looks like a really smart pick, and then went back to the usual. It's Mike Trout, best baseball player of you know, the last decade has been so many you know, Kelly in her kind of expert note on the site, starts off his little you know, expert note as Mike Trout has firmly landed in the what if category for both fantasy and real life baseball. That's a great way to put it. We saw in April of last year, Holy cow, ten home runs in a month, you know, also six dolen bases. You know, this is back to top five pick in fantasy drafts, Mike Trout. And then it, you know, reversed back the other way. Snip snap, snip snap of Okay, here he's heard again. We see it every year. You know, when was the last time he played anywhere close to a full season. It's been like six years at this point, so I think it's the perfect name to include here because when he's on, when he's on the field, I once again am pretty confident he's gonna be darn good. And yet you look at the games played totals going back, sorry from last year twenty nine eighty two, one hundred and nineteen thirty six fifty three, which was the COVID year obviously, and then twenty nineteen he played one hundred and thirty four. That's not even really like that's like twenty games, shy. It's last time he played one hundred and forty games in a season was twenty eighteen. I don't know how. I don't know how you can draft him, honestly, Like, like.
Speaker 2: In twenty nineteen, one hundred thirty four games, forty five home runs in one hundred and thirty four games. Now, granted that was a bounty ball year, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, he's ranked his ADP's ninety eight. He's amongst hitters seventy first in UCR. I just I can't. I can't do it there, I am, I'm not no part of me, like, not even like a little bit. Am I confident that he's going to play one hundred games this season? You just can't be. It's not like you get healthier as you get older, right, Like we both had surgery this year. We know the older you get, the more easy it is to get hurt, the harder is to bounce back from those injuries. He's not really at his early thirties anymore. He's like borderline in his mid thirties. I just don't see how you can possibly have any degree of confidence. Like like again adp. Ninety eight Sasaki's eightp. One oh one, I'd rather take the chance on Rokie different part.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask you that I was gonna see you that take a chance.
Speaker 1: On him, because I just I don't want to be the guy with the headache of Mike Trout. And it's really sad to say, but that's that's my stance on it.
Speaker 2: I'm in. I'm doing it one more time. Give you one more year of Mike Trout, one last job, one more year. One of these years you're gonna be right. And I'm kind of a hypocrite because I'm in the opposite camp for Byron Buckston, who I'm just like I've been avoiding for a decade. I don't think they have similar ceilings. I think Mike Trout's ceiling is the best player in baseball. But and I talked to him, do you think that's still true? I mean no, no.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, like, well, A, we haven't seen him be the best player in baseball in a while, and B his competition for that title is stronger than it's ever been, you know, between Otani and you know the had five other names that are the.
Speaker 2: Other thing from fantasy and protective is he doesn't run anymore, which was the real kind of like.
Speaker 1: He had six stolen bases in April of last year.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right, he was running last year in April, because because we talked about the time had six the last four years combined, he did.
Speaker 1: He had exactly That's exactly what he had. He had as many stolen bases last year in just twenty nine games as he did the previous four years combined in some quick math, something like two hundred and eighty games. So it was kind of a return there. And he also had the worst at batting average of his career, which I don't think got talked about as much last year because his season ended so early.
Speaker 2: He expected numbers were it was expected to be better than what it was. There was some bad luck.
Speaker 1: There, that's true. The backup was under two hundred, so like clearly a huge outlier there, but it does it does stand out in looking at his stat you know, log year by year, just how much lower it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now they're moving him to like right field, and they're like that'll fix everything, like we'll keep him healthy and right field. And I was like, sure, okay, we have to.
Speaker 1: Come up with a bet for this year on Mike Trout and I will gladly take the side of fading him. Oh not gladly. I'm not happy about it, but I will confidently take the side of fading him if you want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, that's a good that's a good plug for the YouTube comments too, of a what are some ideas for a good Mike Trot bet for this year? Because I'm I'm doing it one more year. I'm in on Mike Trout. I'm going to do it one more time. I'm going down with the ship.
Speaker 1: Yes, please drop in the comments some ideas both for the bet and for what, you know, what we should be looking at should we be looking at, you know, certain stats. I would even do a bet on just games played. Does he hit X number? So let us know what you think we should do there. Wilson Cantare is the other name that was starting out by the listeners. You know, Cardinals catcher thirty two. He his eightp's one o four. So another guy kind of right in this range near Trout and Rokie.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: Somebody. It looks like I keep checking the player news and all these guys just to make sure I didn't miss anything the last two weeks, like oh, he you know, got hurt or whatever. Started at first base for the Cardinals on Saturday in a spring training game. So I guess I'm gonna be splitting time there with Burlison first base and designated hitter. Still will be catcher eligible going into this year for for a leagues, which is almost certainly where you're going to be playing him. But that's always really appealing as a guy who's not, you know, taking that way and tear behind the plate. But who is eligible there? How are you ranking, contrarist? Do you agree with him as a guy who's very difficult for you to rank?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I thought this was a great pull from the YouTube comments last week. For what for what you said he's kind of every year, every year or every few years, there's like that that player who comes up who's catcher elible eligible but isn't catching and is playing every day. Because the catch with like catchers is one they need more time off than other players, and two just like the wear and tear of catching, just you know, your offensive production isn't as consistent. But if we can like Wilson Contreroz is a really good hitter, and if he's playing first base slash thh and not catching every day and it's playing every day, now we're talking in terms of you know, kind of like a cheat code for catcher. I don't want to overvalue it and just kind of like go too too crazy. But his what's his ADP?
Speaker 1: I think I think it's exciting. I mean he's hit over to sixty the last two years. In eighty four games. Last year he had fifteen home runs. If you're giving me more games and less wear and tearror at defensively that's and can still play him at catcher. That's really exciting to me. I think it's a great pick and I will be ranking him higher than ADP of one oh four. I can tell you that right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and going right around Mike Trout and Roki Sasaki. What a fascinating trio of players to to rank there?
Speaker 1: Where's he? Uh an ecr amongst catchers? I didn't pull that up. I pulled up. Now he is seventh, and he's behind William Contreras, ADLEI, Salvador Perez, Diez Raleigh, and Will Smith. So fair. I don't know that I would make. I want to make a case again for him being higher than where he is, but I think I'd be very happy to have him with you know, has that seventh catcher off the board? Is that is that about right for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? If not a little bit higher, just kind of who would you knock down? I mean, I'm a big Will Smith guy, but I think I could I could justify putting him above Will Smith just because if we're just counting on playing time, I think the counting stats could go above Will Smith based on playing time alone. Cal Raley's a big power.
Speaker 1: I mean if he if he plays, I don't know what he's going to do. I mean he's in his third If Contreras plays one hundred and forty five hundred and fifty games this year at less taxing defensive position. Maybe it is more of what she could they were even given credence to. Maybe he should be like fourth on this list. Like that's it is. It's math right at the end of the day, Like these other these other catchers are not going to play, They are not going to get as many played appearances.
Speaker 2: As he is.
Speaker 1: Maybe a guy like Adley, Like if they call up you know, Pisioh and give Adley more time at DH they do like to have him play every day. Obviously, Salva Perez is somebody who's like you know, been very durable and played a ton. But like in general, a catcher is not going to play as much as a guy like Canterreraris might play this year. And that's that's It's simple.
Speaker 2: And also just like as a hitter, he also like if you if you look at the other names in the list, like a cal Raley, like you're sacrificing something because you're getting a lot of power from him, You're sacrifice in the average You're like, you're not really sacrificing Wilson contrast, because he is just a good hitter across the board.
Speaker 1: I play in a very long running two catcher league and I hate it because to catcher, leagues are the bane of my existence. Most of the time, I'll be really i think aggressively trying to get contrarasts. In a league like that, I think he's gonna be really valuable, and in a format like that where you have to go really deep at such a crappy position. So you have great, great listener picks, both Trout and Cocrais great options there. We don't really have anything else today. We don't have our usual you know, wrap up the show with X Y or Z, because we're certainly not going to do uh, you know, our key games to watch when we're still in spring training Pitts. But but yeah, two Star Pitcher contest in February. But thank you everybody for for tuning in and for all the comments last week. Please you'll continue to let us know what you want to hear from us. Next week's episode, we are doing an all blank team, so like an all sleeper team and all breakouts team and all first year you know, our second year player team. But we haven't landed on what we want to do the team yet. We think they could go a couple of different directions. So what we might do is do a couple of them and move kind of quicker through our picks for each of our all insert something here team, And we want you guys to let us know what you want us to hear. Should it be an all bust team. Should it be an all speed team and all power team and all well rounded player team and all al East team. I don't know. I'm just trying to throw out a different areas.
Speaker 2: All injury risk team like the Mike Trump Byron b.
Speaker 1: All injury risk team that's a good one, you know, or more standard class to kind of all break out, all sleeper. Whatever you guys want to hear, we will try and do a couple of them in next week's episode. So feel free to throw out a few different options if you have them, and feel free to let us know players if you make a suggestion on that team that you think should be on that team. We'll let you know if we agree when we make our picks here next week. So please please let us know we thought of today's episode. If there are any other players that you are really struggling to rank this year, let us know. We'll chat with you in the comments as well, but definitely tell us what kind of teams you want us to throw out next week. For Mayor, I'm ryan warmly. Also, I didn't say this all righty, but thank you very much to Kelly for filling in last week for me, where I was very much not in a position to be doing any kind of show in those first few days post surgery, so I really appreciate her filling in. She's gonna be on the show a ton this year, of course, as she always will be so for Kelly last week, for Mayor and myself this week. Thanks everybody for tuning in and we'll see again next time. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB