Speaker 1: Yeah, what's something, y'all? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Brother Drinks Radio? He's a legendary Queen's rapper. Here is your boy in Oi.
Speaker 3: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What Up is dj E f N?
Speaker 4: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players in music.
Speaker 5: And sports, you know what I mean, the most professional unprofessional podcast.
Speaker 2: This is Drinks Day. Every day is New Year's Eve. That's hey hands sangree, I hope you savvy? This is your boy in Oi?
Speaker 3: What Up? Is dj E f N?
Speaker 1: And this is the Drink Chance motherfucking podcast?
Speaker 3: Right now you're in the.
Speaker 1: Airhorner, Oh ship, my bad. I ain't gonna write you better with the hair or than me. No, that's Ray, It's right, It's right, Ah, not right now.
Speaker 5: We have the mother.
Speaker 1: We have a super dupa legend. I want to say he's the first Oakland rapper. I want to say he's the first person because because when I when when I heard out, I found out that he was actually from South Central first, but we're going to get into that later. But the first person, he's the guy who single handedly made be.
Speaker 2: What's my favorite word? I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Every time I say, bitch, I grabbed my collar. I don't know why like that. This is how much it is. The hyphee movement, everything derived from this guy. He's the first himself. He's on the East Coast, especially in New York. He's the first person that we saluted as the first pimp and rat, the first person that made people bow down, the first person that made bitch cool.
Speaker 2: Actually, and he's.
Speaker 1: A motherfucking legend. And every promoter I ever speak to, I ever talk to, they say Short is the easiest person to work with because he's just coming in there. He's just pimp in.
Speaker 2: Let's make annoys get too short. Too Short.
Speaker 1: First off, let me just thank you man for being a part of this man, you know what I mean. We only interview on legends, that's what we're doing. And too Short, you was the first person to make bitch famous. How did that happen?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, like you mentioned a minute ago, I did really grow up in the South central l that makes.
Speaker 1: A noise from south central.
Speaker 5: So you know, I got a good, colorful childhood. I've seen it all, you know. So you was gang banging and little nigga except my older brother was banging. But you know, you never keep you real close to it. So I'm in there.
Speaker 2: You know, all my cousins.
Speaker 5: We live all over the city, you know, the hood and sh We're real colorful, you know, upbringing just seeing what was going on in the city like La in the early mid seventies, late seventies, and I moved to Oakland right.
Speaker 2: After ninth grade. How old was you? I was, I was fourteen.
Speaker 5: And then you would you would think of California, California and just just up the street.
Speaker 1: But it's just like it's a totally different.
Speaker 5: Probably like a kid from New York moving upstate or something like.
Speaker 2: The difference all moving like Philly or something like.
Speaker 5: So I get to the Bay, it's a whole different worlds and it's like it's it's like even more colorful and more out just out there in front of you where you know you.
Speaker 2: It just got a little more personal for me. I'm coming up.
Speaker 5: I'm coming to you left.
Speaker 1: You left South Central at fourteen, so you like almost almost a grown man. And then now you come to the Pampion because that's this is the.
Speaker 5: LA is like real territorial La. At that time. It's like, you know, even to this day, it's like from in the inner city. It's like from neighborhood to neighborhood, the faces that you know, who's running the ship and where you're supposed to be not supposed to be you hit the wrong block. Now whe're from in La was that I'm an eightieth enormous.
Speaker 2: I know, Oh my god, normally the riots and.
Speaker 5: Then my first cousins on eighty fourth and Hoover, So just that's just that's the crypt that's crip crip. But that's not very fucking far away. But it was like it was like two different to travel that there to there. You got to know your mother fucking route because they're gonna take your bike.
Speaker 2: They're gonna take something if you hit the wrong black.
Speaker 5: So I get to Oakland and it's not it's not really about little packs of gangs, and it's not about blue or red. It's not about the neighborhood so much. It was just like who's getting money, who's who's However, so.
Speaker 1: Now how far in Oakland was Fillmore Street because that's the that's the first thing I heard about Oakland Filmore.
Speaker 2: Street, Fillmore on in West Oakland. Uh is that is that when I.
Speaker 5: Filbert is in West uh. Fillmore Is is a neighborhood in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, okay, freak that down for yeah.
Speaker 5: The Fillmore iss very historical neighborhood too. Oakland has a lot of history. You know, you got different parts of the Bay. The Bay. You look at the Bay like you look at the fire boroughs in New York. It's different sizes of the Bay. East forty of them over there from Vallet, Whole Blet. It's a little town called East Paula Alto. They got a lot of you know, a lot of backbone and some you know, San Francisco got a couple of little neighborhoods over there, Hunter's Point in philm and sunny Dale and they you know, they real reptable neighborhoods. But you know, I'm from East Oakland. I got mines from the East side. So I show up and I'm just being a sponge man.
Speaker 2: It's a new place.
Speaker 5: I'm looking around, you know. I go to Freemont High School and Ship and it's like I go to school and it's a nigga named Frank the Bank who's pimping.
Speaker 2: He's a twelfth grader pimping. Hold on, let's make some noise for.
Speaker 5: He's pimping and one of his holes, Yeah, one of his holes go to the school too. Okay, I'm in this city now, I'm like, whoa. So it's like this nigga got another hole come show up after school every day and picking him in up him and the young ho up and they go to work. So it's like it was that type of environment.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: You gotta get cats riding around in like limousines. Niggas driving the limousine. If he rolled it back one of that it's like five holes back there and then his hose and it's not the driver.
Speaker 1: And that's the first time you're coming from South Central and that's the first time you see pimping.
Speaker 5: And then at the same time, it's like Oakland was a lot different. Man. It was like niggas was doing like car bombs and ship.
Speaker 3: Damn, And.
Speaker 2: What do you mean by car bombs.
Speaker 5: Niggas was blowing each other's cars up while they was at war. They chopped your body up and put you in the plastic bag on the side of it.
Speaker 2: Was going down.
Speaker 5: They was doing mafia ship seventies, early ages like Felix Mitch. You ever heard of Felix Mitchell heard it.
Speaker 2: But this is not the Spanish gangs right now, this before.
Speaker 5: This black dudes, Oh, this is the mob. They called him something mob too, but it was just it was different than the gang. The Blue and Red. People don't know that. On the West coast to this day, you got the l A Cats. They went to San Diego, Uh, Sacramento, Denver.
Speaker 1: Every every city. He wanted to pop my call every time you say.
Speaker 5: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Arizona. They went to all these cities, Seattle, Washington, Portland, Oregon, and they converted motherfuckers into being crypts. So it's all up and down the West. You never found that shit in the Bay. The Bay was like, we don't get it, we don't want it. And you know, even though.
Speaker 1: Because even the Spanish gangs they might like fly or color, but.
Speaker 5: It was doing the North and South shit and it ain't the same science as crips and bloods is La like a lot of cities are like you got Chicago niggas that go around away for Chicago and Confnt niggas and the vice lords and gds and everything. You know, it just didn't take to the Bay Blue and Red and all that shit. So I'm just taking this shit in as this new cat in the city. And I started rapping, just fucking around on the mic. All my early raps, like nineteen eighty eighty one, my shit was like kind of like whatever whatever I was getting from, like sugar Hill Records or something, just that vibe about, you know, the party and shit and all that shit. So I'm rapping in different people's instrumentals. And the one thing that changed everything for me was when I first heard the message and I sat there, I'm walking down the street. I remember I had my radio and all I take me. But I'm listening to this record too. I been bumping hip hop for about three years at the time, and I'm listening to this record, and I could clear his day picture New York City because the nigga was described in New York at that time. Never okay, continue, so I can see New York. We wasn't doing videos and shit back then. You just listen to the music. So the niggas giving me New York, and I just had the idea of a lifetime. I have to give these niggas Oakland. So so my upbringing in La and then moving to Oakland and taking it in like a like a canvas or something like, you know, and absorbing it. You know, something that I didn't receive from birth. I just came into it. I started writing about it. It was it became like my music the city of Oakland. And even later in life, I could get stuck in the studio and just think of some crazy shit I seen in Oakland, some shit I heard in Oakland, some shit I think about Oakland and just start writing, and shit just made me write songs.
Speaker 1: So what's the name of their first album again out.
Speaker 5: Don't Stop Rapping? And I named it that for a reason and.
Speaker 1: You didn't stop rapping stop five?
Speaker 2: So so sure, yes's crazy. That is crazy. So and what year did that drop? Nineteen eighty five?
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty five. I was born in nineteen seventy seven, so you know, So if I don't, if I know that, you know, I'm a big fan. I've always been a big.
Speaker 2: Fan of you. You was raping job for a long time.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's salute to that rape job on those right fuck job.
Speaker 5: You know you saw that Planet Rock documentary. Yeah, the relationship between crack, cocaine and hip hop.
Speaker 2: That's not the on VH one.
Speaker 5: It was either VAGE one or BC. I think it's one planet talking about one throughout the history of hip hop and how the cocaine and the crackler.
Speaker 2: I'm from that ship.
Speaker 1: Because the way that people say and Freeway Wicked Ross is they say that.
Speaker 2: Crack cocaine invented in Oakland.
Speaker 5: It was LA but then it came they used cities like Oakland to kind of like the distributed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we were.
Speaker 1: So how was that like seeing the city coming from South Central going to Oakland and then you seeing it not having cracked and then now crack exposed.
Speaker 5: So first and foremost, I gotta say, I never saw dupe in my life.
Speaker 1: This makes a nooyse s' something dope.
Speaker 2: Pussy, Yeah already.
Speaker 5: But that being said, so before eighty five, before like eighty four eighty five, you know, you remember that ship, it was like a nigga. A nigga could be like what I call nigga rich Man. You might just your hus your hustle might only back then might have got you like three four five grand, but you.
Speaker 2: Had a car.
Speaker 5: You always had a why with a rubber band? He was he was bawling. And the Crack changed that ship. I remember, I remember the crack did a few things, man.
Speaker 1: Because I heard Oakland was like not Oakland, but I mean that area was a great area.
Speaker 2: Like prior to the drugs.
Speaker 5: You could move around a little bit. It wasn't too fucking dangerous if you do free raidss later on later on continue, but it's the kind of place where you could you had to get yourself in some trouble if you did it, if you asked for it, you was gonna get it to the fist appropriately. But after the crack, you would notice like a and you know this shit too, it would be like little niggas, the little niggas that used to probably couldn't fight too good and shit, and it wasn't like you know, these little niggas was respected. Now they got that money that sacked and they got a couple of soldiers and the like this little niggas a boss now like two three years into it, like this nigga is a kingpin. And it just changed that. You know, we didn't before the crack, we didn't have a handguns that could shoot seventeen bullets. You know what I'm saying that the most you might get shoot six shots and the motherfucker you know, tell you why you got shot after the crack, you don't know why you got shot, nigga seventeen and that's just if it's a handgun.
Speaker 1: So do you believe this story that the CIA actually did that it started?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a good version that it's true.
Speaker 5: But the bigger version now is the whole big story of the whole mass incarceration thing, that the whole ship was a scan. So that is down there like we we all this ship we called coke wrap. We're down there like we fell for the trap. You know they call what they sell dope, and the spot called the trap. That I mean, it says it all.
Speaker 1: So so listen, I want to get into the pimping thing because you know why I want to get into the pimpping thing because I don't give a fuck with any n y C. Nigga. Tell you, we didn't know anything about no Pipman until we heard you talking about it. When you heard you talking about it, then we seen Bishop don wud. We've seen them, you know, the players, uh players ball, We've seen all that. Come on, he.
Speaker 2: Stopped the phone.
Speaker 1: But so so so so, so when was the first time he was introduced to pimping? And then how did you realize that that was that was gonna be your life?
Speaker 5: All right? Well, my infatuation started with the movies of the seventies because they put it in there so superflow. And then, like I said, my cousins living on eighty fourth and Hoover, if you go to the other end of the block, you're gonna figure Rower And that's.
Speaker 2: Where going eighty fourth and Hoover, that's in La.
Speaker 5: So then when I get to Oakland, I see these niggas rideing around limousines with hoses, then getting picked up in school from his hose and.
Speaker 2: Is looking at me back there's like that back then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then me and my little homie would go down to Sam Pablo where they used to see pussy in the prior to Crack, they looked like the fucking modeling runaway and ship.
Speaker 2: Hose were beautiful prior to Crack. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Soor because you know, Crack gave pipping and home like this ugly sma. A lot of pemps got smoked out, a lot of holes got smoked out, and it was like then we start saying ship like crack.
Speaker 2: Horse before that, your bitch had to be a superstar.
Speaker 5: And even to this day, I want to shout out some of my young pimping homies right now that they're pimping on some dying pieces that you would never think was a bitch is not making three hundred dollars when she left, she's bringing in a thousand. She's bringing in thousands. You know, it's some holes out there on some major routes right now. So just to keep the having a live don't don't, don't get it.
Speaker 1: I keep popping my car like I'm like every time I keep.
Speaker 5: Your nigga's not wearing suits and times with match your shoes social media, they look.
Speaker 2: Like rappers money.
Speaker 5: So so I I've seen this ship, man, I start I started diving a little more into it. My thing with rapping after I heard the message was let's use the lingo of the streets, the new slang words that come out the ship that's really happening, Like, let's talk about these streets. And then it just evolved into you know, let's talk about this game. And we just started like people just you would rap about ship and you would see what motherfucker was interested in. They wanted to hear that real ship. So somewhere down the line I had I had a line in one of my.
Speaker 1: Sworn pass you too, I don't know if you smoke, Oh ship, oh ship.
Speaker 2: Too short.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that I was cool, cool, my dad, I didn't know you smoke.
Speaker 5: At a young I was about fifteen sixteen, I wrote this this one and it said it said I had sixteen holes sucking ten toes that you can bet like. It was just a line, and every time I said that in the song, Motherfucker's laughed. So I sat down by myself and said, let me write a song about each of these sixteen holes and how I met him. And that was then early version of my song that came to be real popular, called Freaky Tales. And I had a song about these sixteen holes, how I met him, I met this hole, you know. And it just started being more and more pimping. I just started digging into the game. And you you gotta you know, you got the Donald Goyn's books, you got you know, Iceberg, Slim, The Story of my Life, Phil Moore. Some of those books got some real game up in them, real game. I read this book called up broad Players. It's not very popular, but that motherfucker just is just big pipping And I started it just come to me, man, you get these ideas as a writer, and I'm like, damn, that'd be the cold at.
Speaker 1: Fuck to just like tell this guy your story short. One time I met bis your don wan, he invited me to a joint, right and then and then so for a week I was pimping, like for just one week, just one week.
Speaker 2: Right, just one week.
Speaker 1: No, I swore I was pimping. Right, So this white bitch come on to me and I said, you bitch, you gotta.
Speaker 2: Choose, and she chose, She chose me. I ain't know what to do after that. After that short can you can? You can?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 5: Was? She chose me and started the science of the where and why? And the ship was like it's like any other business man, why is this woman gonna sell her body and give you the money?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: And you know, you put yourself in sort of like a manager role, you kind of like a kind of like her fucking fucking arapists and ship, you know, because this is gonna be crazy as hell. You gotta you gotta bring it back around every night.
Speaker 2: Because a real pimp gotta be real smart. Let's just keep it.
Speaker 5: But then the main, the main secret I think that I learned about pepping, that one that the one that let you go home and kick your ass back while she's out there working. Uh huh, is she got to be home for a purpose and you've got to give her a person.
Speaker 2: It makes a noise for for purpose. Stop stop giving that pussy away for no reason.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's anything in life. Man, if you're not driven, if you you wrapping and ship and you're not rapping for something, you're not really you're not really going for it, just on the corner freestyling and battling.
Speaker 1: I just always thought that like the pimps that didn't hit their holes and didn't do that, the best one. I thought that was the best ones because in order for you to control somebody with your mind and just talk to them, that is the illest psychological therapists, craziest ship.
Speaker 2: So how about those PEPs.
Speaker 5: But you know the pimps who I call that like finesse pipping where you could just.
Speaker 2: Make a noise.
Speaker 5: And then the other guy who got to beat the girl scared to shut up her. They call that gorilla pimp gorilla pipping. I heard about it, and you know, the Finesse pimps, they kind of laugh at the gorilla pimps. It's kind of like they look at it like the nigga's not as smart as me and he don't got as much much game as me. But it works both ways. You want to you want to pim up the whole out of fear. I personally don't think that that's even necessary, but there's a lot of niggas. It's mean nature like that to just dog the bitch out and just and just run run a house full of fear. But you know, either way, you're getting the money man because you because your record.
Speaker 1: Label was always was you was signed a job for like like twelve.
Speaker 5: No shit, like like maybe twelve thirteen, fourteen.
Speaker 2: Hours, thirteen years was You're the only album?
Speaker 5: No, it was me E forty spice one. It was.
Speaker 3: It was because I know what the tours was crazy back then.
Speaker 1: So but you was the first like official rapper from.
Speaker 5: Oakland, no doubt about it, from the whole fucking Bay area.
Speaker 2: Make some noise for that. I got damn no shit.
Speaker 5: And it has really nothing to do with my la upbringing. Either it's that I just got to Oakland. It all just happened. After I got there, I decided I could do this rap shit, and I just didn't. It just, you know, even bigger than being the first rapper up out of the bay. Bigger than that is is being a pioneer of the whole music scene, because you could be the first rapper and note the ship and we brought in that independent change the game, put your motherfucking records out, you know, And like I said, it was.
Speaker 1: Because then job came and got you. How did that happen? When we first got signed a job.
Speaker 5: I came in the game through uh through some uh, some street guys you know, Okay, particularly a guy named Dean Hodges.
Speaker 2: He's seen you.
Speaker 5: And then his little brother was was the homie we still you know, smoke weed, hangout and ship. He was just the homie we start funk around.
Speaker 2: And like his little brother rapped.
Speaker 5: But he wasn't. He wasn't really that quality where that you ever thought he was gonna get on. He was just like for the fun of it. They were in the projects rapping and ship kicking. So he was like, man, my brother got a record.
Speaker 1: Label.
Speaker 5: I'm like, okay, you other niggasle me take your.
Speaker 2: Boy his house.
Speaker 5: Now I knew his brother, not for having a record label. The nigga he had the sack. And if you want to get the visual Dean back then, Dean kind of you know nigga with the with the curlers in his hair, the.
Speaker 2: Green or whatever the coast.
Speaker 1: Every time they had the curlers in the head, you thought your nigga was killless.
Speaker 5: Picture of that nigga looking like a kind of like a Jimmy Hendrix, Rick James looking. Niggas just like a rock star. Him and man, I got so much game. Dean taught me how.
Speaker 2: To be a player. This nigga was a player.
Speaker 5: Niggas a player for real, I mean real player who was sitting in his house. I'm fresh out of high school. This nigga run hose in and out all day all day. Just he got the sack and he's just rockstarring the hood and he's just a house on the hill balling and the nigga. The nigga had a label, and his whole label consisted of him mm hmm, having the money, having the drug. Everybody wanted the cocaine. He said, out there, you go to Dean's house, it's a platter of cocaine right there.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a bitch.
Speaker 5: It's a bit over there, maybe in her and her draw panties and and bra cooking up some cokes.
Speaker 2: Want to smoke it.
Speaker 5: It's a box of weed. Just roll a joint. If don't ask, just roll the motherfucker. And you know, it's just it was a colorful environment, man, motherfucking Dean was kind of nigga. They watch San France Son reruns all day and just and just bitches sit around in their panties.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie when you describe that scene.
Speaker 5: Side it looked like some shit like that. Immediately on a way higher level. This nigga was not selling rocks. This was not a rock house. You had to pick.
Speaker 2: You had to come up in there with some money, if you know what.
Speaker 5: So Dean got all these professionals together, musicians that play all instruments, niggas that have been in you know, different bands with because Oakland got a lot of music history. So these niggas that play with Tower of Power and Larry Graham and James and all kind of motherfuckers. It was just it was professionalism. And he put me in the studio with these niggas, these like older cats. He even had some rock and roll dudes around. It was just it was a great environment to become too short. It wasn't really doesn't sound really healthy, but it was a great environment to develop the character too short, and we made We just got to studio since session started eleven pm into six am, and it was just, you know, it's a college for me, you know what I'm saying. The main thing was the nigga was really running an independent label and he was really going to the studio.
Speaker 2: And he's the one who took you to job.
Speaker 5: No, no, he was the one that he just taught me this shit. Okay, So we go to the studio, the ship mixed down, We go to this other motherfucker, We get cassettes and wax pressed up. We go this other motherfucker and he sells the ship to multiple record stores and then we drive up to individual record stores and just carry the shit in and sell it to him.
Speaker 1: Because it's true, I like y'all invented independent hustling.
Speaker 5: How I got lucky was one day I'm one hundred one hundred percent with Dean. This nigga, you know, the nigga that taught you the game. You're looking up till this, this nineteen eighty five. This nigga's driving eighty five bens. He's the nigga.
Speaker 2: So you know, I'm like, what we doing next?
Speaker 5: And then one day Deans, like about two years into it, he was like, man to me and his little brother, I need your niggas. Get the fuck out of my house.
Speaker 2: Folks in this crib. Yeah, fuck this music ship. Just get then away, come right.
Speaker 5: But we like family, his mama like my mom, and his cousins like my cousin.
Speaker 2: We ain't going too far right up the street.
Speaker 5: But still now he was like, I don't want no more parts of it. So that all we had to do now is we've been running with Dean for two years, to the mother fucking studio, to the manufacturer, to the nigga that do the artwork, to the mother fucking distributor picking up the check. We right there with him. What do we do we do the ship without him? Nigga, we made so much, motherfucker, and that's how you are. That's how Joe found me.
Speaker 2: And then job came to you.
Speaker 5: We didn't give a fuck about the signing bonus and nothing. We're just like, you're gonna give us national distribution.
Speaker 2: Let's loo get out. You know it's in New York. It was the exact opposite.
Speaker 1: Cocky some of that.
Speaker 2: Why yeah, you'll be trying to get a deal, right, We'll be trying to get a deal first.
Speaker 1: But we heard something because we heard that Richmond, California. You guys in, yeah, Oakland, like you guys in like that, y'all was actually like when you said selling out the trunk, we meant that as selling it to fat beats. We wasn't selling out. I'm keeping it honest with you. We weren't selling out the trunk, y'all. Was literally we had boxes in the back of selling out the motherfucking trunk.
Speaker 5: And it wasn't no trunk. It was actually a fucking truck truck actually trunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 5: Same thing with master P. Man master P was in the Bay. He was in the Bay owned record He owned a record store in Richmond. Master P was from New Orleans, came out to the Bay and he started making the fucking West Coast down South compilations and ship and then he blew the fuck up and set up shop down in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Master P was in the bay with sunking up that independent game.
Speaker 1: So yah, y'all, y'all taught us the independence ship.
Speaker 5: Like every time, it was just a no option thing.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 5: Man if I had a fucking Tommy Boy and other god damn profile records was up the streets. I've been up there telling me to hook me the fuck up, but we didn't have it.
Speaker 1: So you guys got had to always look at New York people like niggadamn y'all lazy. How the hell you all got a deal on y'all in the in the city.
Speaker 5: I had a rap partner before, like a eighty five, my rap partner got caught up in the in the crack game.
Speaker 2: And okay, we never heard this.
Speaker 1: Let's make a noise too short for giving us the exco.
Speaker 5: My nigga, Freddy b he was, he was, he was popping. It was it was Freddy being too short. It was that nigga. That nigga was an Oakland niggas born and brand new niggas on every side of town. That was he was. He was like the plug for me, like on just walking the streets. But yeah, before that though, okay, that we was working.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie to you. I did song with you back in the days. But for you to sit down and sit down and chill, because you.
Speaker 2: Know what this is. It's about letting legends live again. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: This is the drink Try podcast is about. And for you to just sit down and you not to deny me pass you the weed. I am very fucking happy, my brother. They guy shoking up Blunt with too short interview with too short some fucking.
Speaker 2: This is a serious legend.
Speaker 5: They were like nineteen eighty three, eighty four, me and Freddie b we're talking about all right, that's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Right, We're gonna get two Greyhound tickets.
Speaker 5: We wrote down the list every mother fucking twelve inch that came out, every every every single that dropped out of New York.
Speaker 2: Wow, all the different labels.
Speaker 5: We wrote down an address to the motherfucking label. We're like, we're got a fucking Greyhound. Were going on these fucking address. We gonna get us a record out like that was the that was the option.
Speaker 1: Wow, all you knew niggas need to listen to what he just said. Say, yo, oh my god, can't continue please, that's this is a crazy story. These guys are stowed on the internet and just hope Kevin Lyles call them gag continue.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know it was gonna We had plans, man like, it was like options and ship and then we got with that independent game and it should just happened like Dean. Dean showed me how to do it. I always give credit to him for it and what I did when I got it, I passed it on to one of my homies. Okay, the dude who I'm who came back around. After I quit fucking with Dean, I still needed somebody to come with some money to make the dream come true. I knew how to do it, but I didn't have the money no more. So my man teed Bohannan, him and Big Ted Little till they got they got a little rep in the streets of Oakland. People know who that is. They they came through, put a nigga back in the game with the you know, the studio time and being able to press up the ship and all that shit, and we just kind of we blew up from there. Man we went to the next motherfucking level with just I'm just every every I think it was like every fifteen racks would make me like sixty or some shit like that.
Speaker 1: Every fifteen racks you spend, yeah, make you bring back sixty. Drug dealers listen to this pay attention.
Speaker 5: And it was clear legit money, and we kept flipping it so many times, like we just kept on getting this is when you're just indeed, though, We'll go by fifteen thousand consettes and selling for sixty racks And.
Speaker 3: Did that give you the upper handle when a jive king knocking.
Speaker 5: Yeah. But all we wanted from Jove was distribution. The way we did the ship, we just we just wanted to get a different deal though, compared to like someone in New York that was signing the drive right.
Speaker 4: Trup.
Speaker 2: We thought we did in the long the motherfuckers just slick.
Speaker 3: Man, because That's what I'm wondering.
Speaker 5: We thought we had some ship and we had to bullshit too. But it's cool. We Wow, we made a lot of money. How long you've been in the job. How many years I was on that motherfucker from eighty eight until like god, damn, damn me in two thousand and eight. It was a long time.
Speaker 2: This makes some noise money a long time.
Speaker 1: A lot of mother count that long, a lot of motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: But you might have fun on jobs.
Speaker 5: Let me say it's funny that so I wrapped a long time before I got a deal. I did a lot of shit before I got a deal. I got a deal in eighty eight, and I had been rapping like seven eight years already. So I had all these rap songs that I put out in the streets that people knew and loved.
Speaker 2: But I signed a jive. It shot me to check.
Speaker 5: The albums went nationwide, checks came back, you know, the royalties and shit they shot the next up front, I'm like, nigga, Like, you know, we was getting money grinding and hustling. I was like, Nigga, thisse Nigga's gonna keep sending me hundreds of thousands if I make songs.
Speaker 2: Nigga.
Speaker 5: I went back until I had a box. Well, I didn't have a rap book. I had a box full of raps I'd been writing down for years and just little shapes in the street. I went in that box and recycled every motherfucking line in there. I would just scratch out the line if I use it. I was using them old raps for the.
Speaker 2: Next eight years.
Speaker 5: Well shit, I wrote for eight years prior I used for eight years. In my deal, I put out an album probably every nine months.
Speaker 2: And now, what would you consider itself?
Speaker 1: More of a rapper or more of a ceo and a ulf.
Speaker 5: Well as far as rap goes, I think I'm a real, real major hip hop fan, and I always put myself outside the circle of what I'm calling hip hop niggas who was like, ooh that niggas spit them.
Speaker 2: Bars, you know, ship like you're the ooh ship.
Speaker 5: I was strictly just pounding in the trunk, talking ship. And I could have taught a lot of niggas, no matter what the integrity of you as a man, I could have taught you how to talk that ship and make that ship pound and you would have had a million fans like me like it just you talk shit. I listen, I'm saying ship talking versus spitting bars and all this ship and being a rapper.
Speaker 2: But see, oh, man, I.
Speaker 5: Look at it like we hustlers, man, because we we we started a company and we don't say you my boss. And that's like, nigga, we hustling to get this money doing something. We didn't drop niggas off on the way because we hustling and getting money. It's a lot of money coming in, and niggas like call me when y'all going to lunch, you know, Like, nigga know, we up at seven in the morning pressing the shipping and picking up ship and moving it around niggas, you know, and we and we partied all last night, but were up in the morning grinding getting this ship to where we can get these checks back.
Speaker 2: I always thought about bank deposits.
Speaker 5: Damn, you need to be making you need to be making more money than Yeah, you take that in the bank.
Speaker 2: I put that in the bank. So I put that ship under my master's foul.
Speaker 5: I'm like, how the fun can we make get to the bank and put money in uh huh? So we grinding, man, like we grinding niggas is don't have that same black minded philosophy. He was dropping them off on the way.
Speaker 1: Now, how did you get to minute to society? Bro? How did you because you.
Speaker 5: Just stole you had really okay, the Huge Brothers, this is what I think happened. The Huge Brothers are really real big Bay area hip hop fans. Oh wow, and they're from Pomona somewhere in l Ay. They love Bay Raptor say, this is what they told me. And Tupac had just fucked off his partner the movie by beating one of the brothers up about that.
Speaker 1: That makes.
Speaker 5: So so Park was off the movie. And if you notice, it's not a lot of star power you got but didn't have your role.
Speaker 4: No, no.
Speaker 2: He didn't. He had supposed to be.
Speaker 5: That was so they needed a little star power and they just they strictly just brought me in so that they could have like somebody name brand and that motherfucking and they just happened to be major too short fans. You noticed they came and got me for the next little documentary movie. What was it called American Pimp? Oh yes, they let me set.
Speaker 1: You you're supposed to be in there ahead.
Speaker 2: So it was it was just a matter of that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I came in and worked for a few days and kicked it.
Speaker 1: Minister Society a cold ass movie, and you had the coldest role in there.
Speaker 5: They letting nigga you know I'm not was the cold world. They pulled the strap on dog.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm the movie. That's what I'm talking about. Let's make some noise you put.
Speaker 2: That's a fact, yo, yo.
Speaker 1: That that's I mean for us, especially us from New York. You know, when we seen you, when we see n w A, when we see minister society boys in the hood, that's when we actually realized y'all culture because.
Speaker 2: We knew that hip hop.
Speaker 1: I think comedy had made a record our lover her and but when they went over it, yeah, I used to love her, but when it went over there, y'all was so different. And for me, everything was about buildings. Everything was about like when I see you in the face, yeah, and y'all chopped it up and this was the craziest thing to see you guys in your element, you know what I'm saying. Like, But but the crazy thing is you was from South Central and then you went.
Speaker 5: Up North North North Cam you called it up.
Speaker 1: North Yeah, yeah, see see North. Two different worlds, different gang the Mexican gangs.
Speaker 5: They divide them, the slang words, the dress code, wow yeah.
Speaker 2: And you could adapt to both worlds. Still, I mean to this day.
Speaker 1: To this day, you can still look that I'm gonna lie I had a promoter hit me one time and it was a it was a lady, it's like, you want too short. It's the easiest people to handle. And I was like, why is that? It was like, you don't askual for hearing make up.
Speaker 2: They just want to land and we missed the Davis. What's not five too short?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm like, what's the pick up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can take that.
Speaker 5: You where dim Mike at you need one?
Speaker 1: So that but after minutes, how did your life change? Because that had to be the biggest music movie at that time.
Speaker 2: Man, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 5: Man, what I had going on at that moment was bigger than that movie. My ship was platinum, platinum, platinum. That that movie was like some side ship.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't that was I was.
Speaker 5: I was already popping. So if the movie came out, hit hard, but it was. It was one of the ones that kind of like Purple Range kind of movie where it kind of lasted and last year don't go Away and you watch it right now on TV or you know, unedited, it's still it's the ship.
Speaker 3: The movie.
Speaker 5: The Boy's made a good movie. But I'm you know, man, that whole New York West Coast thing I used to I used to go to New York. What you're telling me now? Like I used to go to New York and I know for a fact it wasn't really about the music because motherfucker's like, man, I really didn't even hear too much shit you did. But they'd be like, man, respect some respect, kid like it would be.
Speaker 1: It was, you know the fact that it was a nationalized It's like if you the man, you're the man of your hood.
Speaker 5: So I asked my New York because I'm like, what does that mean that they keep saying respect. They was like, they're showing you love. Like it's just saying, you know, ship, that's that's a big deal for New Yorker. It says to you respect. So I was like, okay, cool, but it wasn't about the music, you know, And you know I kind of I kind of you know, I started hanging out in New York a little bit.
Speaker 1: Man, After a while, they love you in New York. I don't know if you know that, but you know, the whistle whistle comes, I.
Speaker 5: Start getting them studios though in New York moving around ship, I didn't. I didn't been on I've been on three jay Z albums, two big albums.
Speaker 1: Going was, I was up, it was going there.
Speaker 2: How did that first feel?
Speaker 1: Like? You know, Jay wanted to mess with you. You're all the way on the other side of the coast and he wanted I got the I.
Speaker 5: Got the B I G blessing b I G. Just he was you know, if you worked your bigger before j or do you work with big first and the big first? He told me this ship man, He told me this ship the first time I met him. He can't. He called me over to a limo. We was at the outcast picnicking.
Speaker 1: And Limos was popping backigg.
Speaker 2: Nigga, can't limo right now?
Speaker 1: If you fucked up, nigga, you put up in a limo, nigga, ain't nobody niggas like, who who's fuck getting bob blowing.
Speaker 5: Up right now?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, But then I understand Limos.
Speaker 5: That the nigga caught me over to the limo and you know, roll the window down. I walked, I leaning over and it's a friendly event outdoor, you know, just manching and ship on.
Speaker 2: The on the front line, the backround, all around.
Speaker 5: The house and ship and he called me over and he just said, yo, yo, you got love in Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: That's all he said about Big. I was like, what's up?
Speaker 5: And then a couple of years later, niggas a super megan stuff.
Speaker 1: But but hold on because I want you to continue story. But did you know how much New York loved you? Because New York loved you.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm getting at. It was a it was a gradual you know understanding. I didn't even I wasn't getting it for a minute.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so uh he told me that ship.
Speaker 5: And then a couple of years later, we sitting on the tour bus, he spoke some weed. He was like, yo, remember that time he came up to the limos, like you got love in Brooklyn?
Speaker 2: He said that was me.
Speaker 5: I'm like, damn, you know, like you know.
Speaker 2: Oh, so he wasn't Biggie when he told you that. He probably was already had his deal and ship.
Speaker 5: He was. He was at the party, but he.
Speaker 1: Of noise too short, breaking the story.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great.
Speaker 1: So you've been Big before he was Big and he told you you had love in Brooklyn and then you see him.
Speaker 5: Later later on we started being homies and ship, we making songs we did that the world is filled.
Speaker 2: With So now I too short.
Speaker 1: You keep making me pop my collar the whole episode of making your shirt. I'm just I've been like that and now I'm a Hyphian because you know, I go out there recently.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, Big just we just became friends, man, and you know he was He told me about how how New Yorkers, for the most part, wasn't really feeling like listening to any other hip hop outside New York. And he's like, man, I've been listening to everything though he was naming Ship like he listened all down South Ship.
Speaker 2: He was like, I like him. I like Ship. So so he was.
Speaker 5: One of them cats who was open without any kind of bias, and he he wanted to work, like let's do a song. And then the way I did the song with him and he said, I for need to come get me, Like you know, like puff is, you can't say no kind of nigga. So Puffers like, man, you know, Big want you on the song.
Speaker 2: I've never been able to say no. St to this day. Niggas like people think he's soft nigga niggas a bully man. Yeah, he's a bully. He's a bully for this.
Speaker 1: This is a funny story that Big came to the Oakland and I think somebody took his chain.
Speaker 2: I ain't heard that one. You ain't heard that one. You didn't hear that one. I heard forty helped that out. Okay, Okay, you know what. I moved to Atlanta?
Speaker 1: Okay, talk about that Atlanta movement was like, take you responsible from Atlanta being a pimping country Atlanta?
Speaker 2: What wait?
Speaker 3: What Eric Sermon moved to Atlanta and.
Speaker 2: They you moved to Atlanta early? What year did you move?
Speaker 5: Ninety three?
Speaker 1: Ninety three? Is is that why they got strip clubs in Atlanta?
Speaker 2: Moved there.
Speaker 5: I didn't move that Atlanta for the music industry. I moved to that motherfucker for the for the property, the culture, and that I was. I was down there. It was it was like easy math was real estate was like one fourth a way. California is ship fucking up table dancers at the strip club was five dollars?
Speaker 2: How long were saying in California at that time.
Speaker 5: The racial of women and men was like twenty to one. It was it was going down and it was just it was like.
Speaker 1: You was the first person to crack this outing Lloyds for him to crack the out, you.
Speaker 2: Know, you know who beat me? There was the niggas that beat me. Eric Simon showed up like a little.
Speaker 5: Bit before me.
Speaker 1: Bobby Brown was Bobby Brown was acting ass around Brown.
Speaker 2: He was acting.
Speaker 1: Brown was sucking everything he was in that motherfucker fucking everything.
Speaker 2: It was his variagety. It was his variety.
Speaker 1: Man, he was fucking everything. I ain't going out everywhere like I was a little nigga. See everybody brow whoever I was, We're like, you're gonna suck him to day. Yeah, go ahead, boy, I'm sorry, I got Yeah.
Speaker 5: So you know, Dallas Auston was starting his ship.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 5: He was involved with the HOTELC come up and l A.
Speaker 1: Reed was already and then he had the glove war. When you met him, exhaust not he were in gloves or spikes and ship. He's a little different.
Speaker 2: He was rock and roll Dallas. He was a rock star.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 2: He's a rock star.
Speaker 5: He's always.
Speaker 1: That's what I was trying to establish.
Speaker 2: You know, he's old. He helped me out.
Speaker 4: L A.
Speaker 5: Red was who he is, he was, he was all of that that the face was there. He had Tony Bracks and ship already been plattinum. He had like artist Tony Terry, he was the face was established, and then there was no outcasts. There wasn't no gooddy mobs, wasn't you know. Chris Cross probably had like you know, single or some ship, the new ship. They were still jumping around ship. So I got there right when it started.
Speaker 3: Gucci Crew.
Speaker 5: I think I got it, you know, tag teams bawling, and we took we took the Face the Face Records. Yeah you heard that just now.
Speaker 2: He was at the Face Records. They never offered be shipp.
Speaker 1: Let's just make some noise for too short, for raping the industry on.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was just there for young Atlanta.
Speaker 5: You know, the architecture of what you're coming from.
Speaker 1: You come from, you're born, You're born in South Central, move to Oakland and now you.
Speaker 5: And then the eyeball Atlanta. I'm at the freak nig like what I'm come back?
Speaker 1: And you did you realize that this was born to be the music scene or you was just out there?
Speaker 5: I went to the I had already been touring out there doing doing concerts and ship and then we're going to Magic City, and yeah, fuck around, I knew the lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Now Magic City is where Players Club is based on.
Speaker 2: Could that it could be?
Speaker 1: It could be.
Speaker 2: What did you feel like when you've seen the Players Club? Was that true to you?
Speaker 5: Or was that to the lifestyle I was living? Cube is my nigga, to the lifestyle was living. That's very watered down strip club experience in that movie. I've never really seen a strip club to give you a movie to give you that real fucking strip club feeling that real.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna make the movie. Opportunity drink chaps, We're gonna make the movie together.
Speaker 1: I never really after that the real strip club experience. And now are you saying in the Bay Area now, I'm talking about it anywhere?
Speaker 5: It's so whack on the West Coast. I don't I don't even strip clubs on the West Coast.
Speaker 3: I forget Miami and we got it here, man, we got you.
Speaker 2: No, I ain't gonna lie Miami. You ain't doing it.
Speaker 5: If you ain't doing it like Miami or Atlantai cities like Dallas, if the bitch don't get butt, nigga, and you can have a drink in the same building.
Speaker 2: It's bullshit.
Speaker 1: Let's make a noise for too short ring about the real strip club strip clock right there.
Speaker 2: I tell my niggas in New York all the time.
Speaker 1: In New York on the time we go to Susan and you know, I'm like, it's a strip club in l a with a bitch.
Speaker 5: Bitch wear three pairs of panties. She barely gets topless for a minute. She keeps poking the titty out and then every time the bitch pull her panties back, it's another pair of panties under it.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I was in the hotel, that would work for me. Put it in the strip club with nice.
Speaker 5: I'm in Atlanta, man, I'm getting there, you know, before I moved there, and you like, you get a dance, right she? You say, can I get a dance? And you say, let me see that pussy? M So she before you even get to dance, You's like, let me just see what I'm getting into. And then you go, oh, yeah, I want to dance based on if you like what you see. You ain't doing that at no. You know them other joints, you know, sometimes they call them strip clubs. The shouldn't call them naked clubs because girls on your strip, they don't even wearing nothing.
Speaker 2: They don't even call it. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 5: But some clubs they walk around but as nakeas you don't even have a top of bottom. She's just walking around already naked.
Speaker 1: I thought I was a pimp for a week. It didn't work out for me. I was, it wouldn't built for me. I just couldn't do it. I just I got compassion. I don't know, you should be. You can't have nohing, you can't have no like.
Speaker 5: You know, I really feel like I could be a really good pimp, but I got this other good ass job called rapping.
Speaker 2: I can't got that.
Speaker 5: Every time you dabble in some pimping and this is getting a few g's, she getting some g's bringing I'm like, you just did all that stressing me the funk out right, And that wasn't number two shows to me because.
Speaker 1: They can't they can't touch the money they're supposed to bring the money back.
Speaker 2: That's a real pim.
Speaker 5: So you're just having a good month, you get uh walking around kind you get like fifteen twenty racks out the bitch of the month. That's a few shows. That's a couple of shows. That's never she's gonna stress you the funk out.
Speaker 2: For thirty days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 5: Keep that ship. You w do a show they sucked after?
Speaker 1: So how does it feel, Chris? Because you you did a song with jay Z and Biggie Small.
Speaker 2: I need to multiple songs and bok yeah and and snoop.
Speaker 5: How that's That's something I'm really proud of in a career, super super super olg in a career. I am the thought that all those guys are gonna be, you know, legends.
Speaker 3: No they they are on the other.
Speaker 5: But when we're all gone, you know, I just want to be in that.
Speaker 3: To repertoire and boom doogs too. Right?
Speaker 5: Did we do a song? I'm not just make songs. I don't even know. Maybe I ain't gonna them the hommies.
Speaker 1: Up, My nigga, just told you I did the song on your album.
Speaker 2: You ain't even remember. You were sitting there, like word you did? You did so much song. You're a legend. You're legend.
Speaker 5: We got a bang that song on What the funk was the hook? I pulls up my phone right now.
Speaker 1: We believe you checking out having job job, But sure, man, how about you, like all these years, how do you maintain your love for hip hop? How does that happen?
Speaker 2: Because I like that new ship. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 5: I like you like the new. I like what it happens. And I'm not talking about the new right now. I'm talking about every time the new, every time it changes, because you know that when you're the nigga, it's like sports.
Speaker 2: It's like the fucking hood.
Speaker 5: When you're the nigga and that next nigga come up like the super stud and start getting a little more attention to you, you start feeling the kind of way and you still feel the same for that nigga though I'm that nigga.
Speaker 2: Who's getting money.
Speaker 5: Who if I see a young nigga getting it, I'm like, nig get it, nigga, Like I'm that's real.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You understand what you just said. Let's make some noise for that everybody camera.
Speaker 5: That's real because I'm promoting that ship. Let's all get it. Let's get it, you know what I'm saying. And then when you get it, you're wrong if you don't pass it on it's all work. You're wrong if you don't share this some kind of way. Don't give it away, but teach the next nigga how to get it too, because.
Speaker 1: You always had fun with the game. Like every time I seen you, I don't care where I see you at.
Speaker 2: You're walking through you looking good.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. Like there's other people who don't do that. You know what happens. Those blessings they come around, man, It's come back around. There's been a time in my life where ship was fucked up, and that's a fuck that ship. And then somebody who I showed that love to is like, what's wrong man? You know, and instantly and then not.
Speaker 1: For the love and I buy my man, mister fab you mister fab.
Speaker 2: That's my dude, that's like my son.
Speaker 1: My god, this makes a noise for mister Faby too short signs.
Speaker 5: Damn god, damn it.
Speaker 3: We just saw him in south By, Southwest with cows.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, thirty years of rapping cows cows.
Speaker 5: That's my nigga.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that's my nigga. That's my brother. Thirty years of rapping.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: I'm like we were getting money other ways we can do this ship with it without the microphone.
Speaker 1: We can get down right, but you still enjoy what you do.
Speaker 5: Fab came to me and uh and was like, man's been wrapping thirty years. You got to make an album. So I'm doing an album called the thirtieth Anniversary. And my man came in the kind of a and R on my album for me, just you know, just kind of just kind of like.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 5: Whole bunch of ship were doing the hoods and ship and just just just like put a nigg in shape, like you know, you get a nigg in shape right right, you got a nigga shape.
Speaker 2: For a gets album.
Speaker 5: So I got I'm an old ass nigga. I just turned fifty like last Thursday.
Speaker 2: Nah, man, this makes a noise for his turn to fifty. Goddamn yeah, nigga.
Speaker 5: Nigga hit motherfucker.
Speaker 1: We had carrrass One here and he had a air our pe card. It's correct, yeah, our Peak card.
Speaker 2: You know my age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, he definitely said he's fifty. Okay, he definitely said he's fifty. Ain't nothing wrong. But you know what's crazy? Short, You you look young. You're doing young ship and you still have the love for it, Like I could look at you when I ask you these questions. You really still love hip hop?
Speaker 2: No, it's the hustle.
Speaker 5: I'm about to get on the mic and wrap in front of the crowd tonight and a ship tonight.
Speaker 2: I grabbed the mic and lived last night, you know, damn it and live. We should have went to live. I ain't gonna lie. I was so tired last we had a long. We had a long.
Speaker 5: I wish I knew you was there. So you never lost your love for hip hop? Now once now for rap? Now no now because he could be lean with it, rock with it. Niggas is that they okay? Like you gotta you got a bunch of motherfuckers that like this new we ship. That's what you're saying. That's what you're saying. Shi, It is weird. These motherfuckers like it. I try to get around and figure out what is it that they like. It must be the infectious beat, it must be the catchy, it must be the way to make it dance. It's something good about it. So I'm like, I'm like, oh, I get it. I try to get it, Like, why is your niggas dressing all weird. Oh, I get it if it makes sense if you.
Speaker 3: If they're dressing all weird, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't get that part.
Speaker 5: But they don't want to be like us, don't want.
Speaker 1: Kids and their defence when you look at them, like the first printures of hip hop, the first person he's dressing.
Speaker 5: Yes, these little niggas that we call them weird right now the niggas is trying to look like the eighties.
Speaker 2: With the Golden Ship.
Speaker 1: So so with that being said, and you being a pimp, you being a real nigga. I've never heard too short in a controversy other than when you ran from police. That was crazy. What happen when you ran for police? Just talk about that.
Speaker 5: I was in l I had an apartment. I had an apartment right across the street from right here from where I was running from apart. I was about to dip up in the spot. And then it's nothing that ain't being done before.
Speaker 2: You gotta be careful. I'm just saying that it was crazy.
Speaker 5: We walked, bro, we walked the line. I talked to that brother. I was like, man, I did all the tests, all this ship. I wasn't even drunk. I was like it had been. It was three thirty. The drinking had stopped a while ago. I was gonna walk these bitches to the.
Speaker 1: Car, okay, because the bus is let's make some noise, man keeping it.
Speaker 5: And I still don't call these bitches bitches because after I got in all the trouble, they never called back once to say to you, okay, you listen. It was just some bitches I met that night. Walk these bitches to the car. I said, you know, you know what, I live right over there. It's like about a block and a half. Said, I'm gonna drive it all over this thirty one and hang out ho spot. I'm gonna driving all over there. Drove him over there and hit a little you turn to come back. Nigga, turn the light on me. He made me do all this ship And you know the nigga who saw the video, the TMZ was like one of the security dudes from the club. I was like, it was all right there in the neighborhood that was like a supper club I went to that night Tuesday night. I'm like, even even that nigga, I heard the nigga sold the video for like five hundred days, like we would have gave me five thousand. That bullshit nigga out there. But it was some good press, though, I like, I do like the good press that you get when you get to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's that type.
Speaker 1: Is that the first time you realize the power Internet, or you've been new with the power.
Speaker 5: That was the first time I realized I was in my forties, because you can get the right make showed the building. I said, dude, I live right there. I said, you got. I said, I leave this motherfucker here or whatever. Man, just this, I live right there. You know. He's like, you gotta blow for me. I'm like, man, I told the nigga, I said, Man, I might not. I was drinking earlier.
Speaker 2: I just was. I told the whole story. I'm like, fucking right there.
Speaker 5: A lot of times a copy be like, all right, man, just you know, leave it here, you know, go home, like you gotta blow. I was like, is that my only option? That was the last thing I asked you.
Speaker 1: You deny it?
Speaker 5: I mean, I honestly, that's one of the ones I regret because I have some converse low cut the Chuck tailors. Yeah, the Chuck Taylors. Yeah, you can't run those, and I was I was just mad because I was like, those.
Speaker 2: Are like the Kanye West news nigas.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're running those. It's over for you.
Speaker 5: Think I had like another bra still at the spot, I'm like, I gotta get back. It ain't over.
Speaker 2: It like shit going up. So this is real deal.
Speaker 1: You really have broads, Like wherever every city you go, you have broads or you stop that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you like this.
Speaker 5: At this at this stage in the game, I'm not trying to be young short dog anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing it. I used to go when.
Speaker 5: I go out, I'm like call fee homies, Like you know, I hang out a lot.
Speaker 2: Of chicks at like eight teen, we go out.
Speaker 5: That was my normal. I might do some like that tonight, but really, uh tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm in Miami. You want me to hang with you tonight? I want to just see how.
Speaker 1: It goes down.
Speaker 5: I'm in Miami, so I'm really not the one.
Speaker 2: You've been doing this in Miami for the long time.
Speaker 5: But I'm not coordinating the chicks. It's like Miami is like you know the girls, they do it they just.
Speaker 1: Like you've got the girls who coordinate the girls.
Speaker 2: They just they make them hot. Five five for that.
Speaker 5: But that's what I'm saying is back in the day, I would literally get my phone and call like these two, those two those to meet me. I did that ship up until about three or four years ago. I kind of just like chilled it out a little bit. Now now I might go out with like two or three and just you know. Another secret to what I do is a lot of guys. They try to fuck all the women. I just try to hang out with them. Man, just hang out, be cool and shit happens. Be cool.
Speaker 2: It's you know, it's the secret weapon for you.
Speaker 3: Chartie Skins didn't.
Speaker 2: Secret who else.
Speaker 1: You gotta tell?
Speaker 2: Sonny a d B.
Speaker 1: He knows about the make some noise for a horny mo. If you we got honing.
Speaker 2: Montana, let me call them my group, like crew.
Speaker 1: If you're a horny Montana like if if if you want to suck everything, you're like me personally. I've seen a couple of my horny dudes we and bur let me pronounce this way Berlin, Germany. I've seen my my homie finger pop a bitch in the butt in the club.
Speaker 2: Not in the club, the finger popping in the butt.
Speaker 1: I say, slime, this is not this is I'm uncomfortable with this situation. I actually can't. I can't partake. He's like, no, this is how we're doing it, like in the butt in the club. I gotta skill out.
Speaker 2: I gotta leave, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But there's a lot of horny people. Yeah, so that's how pimps.
Speaker 2: I got a hommy. I got a homy. He uh.
Speaker 5: He was kind of like kind of timid kind of guy. Man. It wasn't really like aggressive with the ladies. But then you know, he kind of he had He's like a rock star kind of nigga that kind of wore.
Speaker 2: This like ponytail ship like standing nigga.
Speaker 5: And he wanted to hang out with us one night, and I was like, dude, you can't. Where are we going? You can't get down like that. So we literally set the niggas somewhere. He was going from Oakland, but he was passing through. We sent the nigga down to where the pimps get their hair downe the ship and got him a pimp hair due out of his you know, we turned him into like a looking them out, told the nigga on a certain kind of clothes, and then he got to the party.
Speaker 2: He's like, still the same nigga?
Speaker 5: Like, what do I do?
Speaker 2: Still square?
Speaker 5: I said, a nigga the way you look, just walk up to every bitch and say, I'm Mike bitch, Mike.
Speaker 2: Boris we pivper you up?
Speaker 5: Guess we came back and told me at the party. Later on, he said, nigga, that ship works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna be honest. I hung out with Bishop dog Wall for like a whole weekend. He had me gas. Right. So what happened was they gave me a famous player card.
Speaker 2: You remember the famous player card.
Speaker 1: It was gold. They gave me nine one seven on there, and they asked me to come to the uh Player player ball. I got there and then I you know, I'm on I'm on road for real, like, but I took two days out of my schedule. I walked in the players players ship. It was a white bitch that was I'm walking in the white bitch saying, hey, how you doing? You know me, I don't even know if she asked me to take a picture. She asked me something and I said, bit you better play up. I definitely didn't know, and she chose me. I said, bit you better choose before you know. I don't know why I said that. And the and bishop darl Ma, what's my nigga? Juju juju, all of them.
Speaker 2: All of them was trying to knock me.
Speaker 1: They say, you know, and the white bitch kept staying by me, and I said.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I did.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I did. You didn't get the minimum and they get the memoir the pimp correctly, and then I wanted to pass off, but she really didn't want to be pad.
Speaker 2: You haven't seen that nigga.
Speaker 5: He got about. He always got about five or six holes. His bitches got to stare at the ground. They can't look up that he now, what about break him down. It's kind of funny though, because his bitches sit somewhere, even when they sit down the whole china at they can never look up. They have to look at the ground, and they be sitting there talking to each other. And then if you dare, you know, I'm a little crazy guy, nigg So I just try to funk with him and break a little bit and be like how y'all doing. They can't speak to no outside man nothing, They can't.
Speaker 2: Ever look at sounds crazy.
Speaker 5: That's him out. That's just like you're wearing your jewelry. He's wearing it.
Speaker 2: He's showing you his pipping.
Speaker 3: He's like.
Speaker 5: I could have told him, bitches, to look straight at heere. I could have told them, bitches just in the circle.
Speaker 2: They woke in the circle down look.
Speaker 5: That don't never look up, don't talk to anybody except me or each other.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie. And that's just this how I knew I wasn't ready for pipping because my white bitch did that. My white bitch was just like, she wouldn't look at it ready for said I was pimp Juju and pimp and can and they both stepped to me and say, they said, you're playing.
Speaker 2: You don't know what you're doing right now.
Speaker 1: I said, I got to whop me leave on alone, and she just kept looking at That's how I knew she.
Speaker 5: Was more pressous. Niggas who pimp and niggas who have pimp game and are of it, we do.
Speaker 1: So it's a difference pimping and having pimp gag. Because I like the way you broke that.
Speaker 5: Having pimp game means that I probably could apply it. But I'm just I'm doing other ship living is stressful.
Speaker 2: Man, be stressful. Break that down for it short.
Speaker 5: Now you tell you telling the women to do the stuff she's doing, they are fucking like repercussions to that ship, man like mentally like if its people's heads up.
Speaker 1: So you can deal with that ship because you're telling them to go on the calling and.
Speaker 5: You're saying, don't fuck with nobody with me. So when every time every emotion she goes through is coming to.
Speaker 1: You, So let me ask you something. After they do that, they give you the money, do you have to make them feel like your girlfriend?
Speaker 2: Like they got to feel love?
Speaker 5: You gotta do it. You gotta do this ship. Man, it's a lot of ship like. If you want to really actually your chick, if you want to be a boss PM, you have to be focused.
Speaker 2: That's what you do.
Speaker 1: I've never heard this term because you say boss.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that means you're in control. You on a run for a while.
Speaker 1: You got you can go to another statement. She's still you, still the boss pimp.
Speaker 2: And you know they call that long range pimping. You pull her anywhere. Hold on, let's make some hold on long range. I heard a long range five. You're homie over there. I be like long range Niga.
Speaker 5: In Hawaii. You fly back to la and you come back three months later, and she got like forty seven thousand and just be like here. She didn't protected the money, she didn't protected herself.
Speaker 1: And now now do you have to have sex with these women or.
Speaker 5: You just you could just so this this is where I get fucked up.
Speaker 1: Break it down for me, sure, because I'm gonna let call it now.
Speaker 5: I'm always I've always considered myself to be a pimp and a player.
Speaker 2: I do have the pimp game, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't what is the difference been pimping a player player?
Speaker 5: You just you got the game to just run a bunch of chicks, but you don't want any interest in their money or them selling that.
Speaker 2: You're just a player. You just play, Okay, play the game.
Speaker 1: You get money, you're getting you get you're getting slid.
Speaker 5: Actually yeah, okay, So I consider myself to be a pimp player. Man, it's just like you know, I don't really Yeah, we don't have to.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: You made me pop my collar like seventeen hundred times, and I'm gonna keep popping.
Speaker 5: We'll put that back. You know, if you got to really get a lot of games, just play it back, listen to it.
Speaker 2: It's you know, isn't it the game?
Speaker 1: Like you really studying? It goes by married I am, I'm gonna lame. I'm sorry, but but in my mind, I'm gona try to be a pimp, like every time I go to sleep, like, yeah, I'm gonna try to.
Speaker 5: But we are we are all always students of life. We are we get down, always learning, We always learning. You know what I was gonna tell you by my uh, Dominicans.
Speaker 2: Puerto Rica is just the case you go Dominican.
Speaker 1: But it's okay.
Speaker 2: It's a New York story, man, Okay, in New York, let's do it. Let's do it. But I was you baby, Dominican Republic. I had a little New York too.
Speaker 5: I had a little running in with the with the the hip hop hoies. Niggas hit me, hit me up in the taxi cabs and uh and just a nigga had like we had a strap in the car and we had a like a little answer weed.
Speaker 2: We used to go up town.
Speaker 5: We used to go up to the candy shop in Harlem, hu and you know, get the.
Speaker 2: They gonna call it the candy shop. You know what you talk. We used to get to the good that good jo.
Speaker 1: In the Jaws or in the motherfucker try and go bang. Look at your hold on with Eddie, God bless the day you know he died, did Eddie looked?
Speaker 2: First off? Let me just let me just stop too short right now.
Speaker 1: He just flousht onto everybody on a real New York This is the in the real New York Times. He just mentioned Branson. What you said daytime in Branson, Eddie, Eddie, that's who run the spot.
Speaker 2: That was my nigga. Continue the story.
Speaker 5: So you know we we uh, we're riding around the ship and the niggas pull us over in these fucking taxi cabs. None of them got on uniforms. They fucking flashing badges and ship. They actually take us out, put us. It's four niggas in the truck. They put each of us in a different cab and I get in there like three niggas in each cab. They jump in my truck. Drive the motherfucker and we go to like some thirty seventh Street precinct, some ship somewhere thirty six thirty seven and and uh and the nigga ended up basically, a nigga ended up at a center street. This was a one street down there, and I passed by.
Speaker 1: H you was in the real first off, right Now, if they lock you up up there, they have apprecing they bring you to. That means that back in the days, they had to lock you up up there and bring you yeah way down.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we're in there is about the day and a half of the day, and then they got bail out a little later. But I walked by this one holding tank and I've seen these jet jet black ass niggas, like black ass nappy head niggas in there, and they're all speaking Spanish, and I just was like that ships weird to me to fuk out.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you thought they was black. I didn't.
Speaker 5: On the West Coast, we got no nappy.
Speaker 1: Head don't have many much yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yesterday's black under me, we don't have nappy had niggas. I get back up, I get out of jail and go to the jive records. I was like, I've seen the weirdest ship in the jail, niggas speaking Spanish with down here dominicuss.
Speaker 2: That's fact.
Speaker 1: Too short makings.
Speaker 5: Got hold on. After that, After that, I made a point. I said, I'm gonna meet some of these Spanish niggas, like for real. I met the Dominican niggas right at the gas station and they popped at me on some uh we know you made you too short, you know, random ship that happens in New York. I don't get spotted a lot back then, back in the day in New York. And uh, they said that they got to get weed, and they sent me up to I don't know, man, I just you know you like Dyke, like one hundred and eighty fourth Washington.
Speaker 2: Was yeah, I up.
Speaker 5: And then basically if I wasn't going to Branson, I was going up there, but I spoke I just hang out New York. Last.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. This This is not a lot of listen. Listen, well he just broke down for you. There's people in New York who couldn't get weed in Branson because you have to have a certain type of plug to be accepted. You have to be accepted in Branson. One time I went Branson. Redman was back there serving the weed.
Speaker 2: That was my sponsor. That's what that gave me my plug.
Speaker 5: Red Man.
Speaker 2: Well, let's make some noise from red Man. Damn it.
Speaker 1: One time she took me there, I was like, you know what I mean, I'll tell you one time I went to Branson.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep it real with you, too short.
Speaker 1: It's one of my idols. It's gonna hurt me to tell a story, but I'm gonna tell a story. I went up there.
Speaker 2: It's the Porto Rican de Beat. I'm Puerto Rican.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry half I'm half Puerto Rican, but I'm just giving you. But you know, yeah, thank you, thank you, thank you. So but this day I'm Puerto Rican, right. So I go to Brands and I bought my ship. Bobby Brown pulled up in the six hundred binds. To me, it was like Prince when he pulled up, purple smoke pulled out. It was a six hundred bins. I was like, damn, like, you know, I know niggas got six hundred bins, but I ain't actually seen it. Bobby Brown pulls up right, bro t, Yes, what's up, nigga? So he pulls up Boom Bobby Brown. So he goes in said, I'm sitting there like, oh ship, Bobby motherfucking Brown. He looked at me though. He looked at me like this, like like I'm right here. He looked at me like this, and then he going Branson right, I'm like, damn, niggas is like you're supposed.
Speaker 2: To say, ha, Like I don't know.
Speaker 1: The nigga eyes is right next to my chat right. Bobby Brown comes out and then he goes, yo, it's the porte Dave read right.
Speaker 2: I think me pon Joe.
Speaker 1: We all on the float this day, but I had took a break afterwards. I finished what we had to do, and I went up to you, and then Bobby Brown said to me, this is mad racist, by the way.
Speaker 2: He said for me. He said to me, ain't you Puerto Rican? I said yeah.
Speaker 1: He said, you ain't got no cold.
Speaker 2: Cor I was like, you gotta.
Speaker 1: You gotta realize in New York City, if you're from New York City, it's a couple. There's a couple of us here. When the porter we they parade shut down like uptown to the right and shut down too, because they all over there and so when they went there, I guess Bobby went there. He couldn't he couldn't get nothing from the coke spot. So he said, is your Puerto Rican?
Speaker 2: And I'm like yeah, He's like, take me.
Speaker 1: Over there, and I was like, damn, why why do you think I could get you the coke because of Puerto Rican.
Speaker 2: Let's make a noise, body.
Speaker 1: Brown for.
Speaker 2: The positive side of that store.
Speaker 1: The positive.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's who was he with?
Speaker 2: He was with his security.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I know I know the nigga sometimes and be like without security with that same bands riding up in any motherfucking hood an that nigga, Bobby takes a certain cloth to be that kind of nigga, to be that kind of nigga, Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You said, come on with you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm I'm luckily for God to bad because this is my hero. Like you know, I'm younger because I'm younger at this especially twice already, Bobby Brown. Listen, we by ground where we had him. Wherever you at, we need you two shortest in the head. Man.
Speaker 5: I'm telling Bobby's a classic man. Bobby, He's a classic.
Speaker 2: He's always been my nigga.
Speaker 1: I remember when Jou was actually from the video h when John and Boby Brown and I actually I was in l A.
Speaker 5: He was at that video.
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't at the video.
Speaker 5: He was held the video the ecstasy video that's called the video.
Speaker 2: Ecstasy was ruling ship at one points. Let's make a noise that.
Speaker 5: Everybody, white girl.
Speaker 2: Listen, shut man.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate you for coming out being a great sport.
Speaker 5: Are you going to read the champagne with us? And I keep it hard?
Speaker 2: Pauls? What are you doing? What is that my time for now?
Speaker 5: My time?
Speaker 2: We switched it a little. It's just a little regulars. We switched.
Speaker 1: I want to have one with Short excuse me, shout outside. You know you got you got the other.
Speaker 2: We got recognized my brother.
Speaker 3: We gotta shot the slow pope man for making this happen.
Speaker 1: Can we get two and bineapples? Cause I gotta have a drink with ah. But you got close to pineapple like apple? All right?
Speaker 2: It works for me, so too, Short Man.
Speaker 1: You've been coming to Miami for a long time with Miami to Luke stories No two life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I look man, I've been on I've been on the goddamn Luke's peep show twice. I mean back in.
Speaker 3: How can I be downadays?
Speaker 1: But how did you feel when Luke they tried to parent your advisor to him because you had to be right behind him.
Speaker 2: If they would have did that to you know him, that to you.
Speaker 5: You know, just like you said, you see me walking through smooth. I walked through that ship, real smooth. They never came at my door. They suck with the n w A. They fuck the ghetto boys. They they never they never hollered at me.
Speaker 2: I don't make too short for escaping. I couldn't remember.
Speaker 1: They never like, what's what's the chick name that that tupac tip.
Speaker 2: She was?
Speaker 1: She was?
Speaker 2: She was trying to shut down and never had my name on the list.
Speaker 5: They were talking about the ship I was doing, which if they would have passed some laws they probably would affected me.
Speaker 2: But I know, think about.
Speaker 5: This, What do you think about the fact that that ship could.
Speaker 2: Have actually happened.
Speaker 5: What if it had been like we live in the country where they said you can't cuss on your rep socks crazy.
Speaker 1: I would have existed.
Speaker 2: We would have never existed.
Speaker 5: I would have never I think about it. It would have been like bootleg and liquor. We would have been out there in the streets slanging dirty raps.
Speaker 3: It would have been more expensive, maybe make more money.
Speaker 5: It had been money.
Speaker 2: Prohibition straight up.
Speaker 1: And you still, I just wanted to ask you this question before we wrap it up. Still actually loved this life? I swear to God.
Speaker 3: You see his face?
Speaker 1: Man, You still like did you?
Speaker 2: You never fell in love with this life out of love?
Speaker 5: Excuse me, I'm gonna tell you like this, man, I ain't really like to you.
Speaker 2: With the jail and all that. Like you, you just came home like that was only jail five weeks. Nigga, Just make no noise.
Speaker 1: You used to go to jail five weeks, but you're still going to.
Speaker 5: You Okay, you know what. I didn't go to jails, young nigga. I was a nigga, was jet.
Speaker 1: You went to jails, grown ass man, and how I was your bunkies.
Speaker 2: They had to be like too short, watch out? Too short?
Speaker 4: Is yead?
Speaker 5: You gotta go look my nigga up. The nigga that was next to me, Uh, he's uh. He's got a high profile case in l A. They call him the grim Sleeper that doesn't even sound right, sounds dangerous. Just break down the great sleep extremely polite brother intelligence talk to you.
Speaker 2: Those are the dangerous guys. Whatever, the guys respectful.
Speaker 5: Nigga showing how to cook with just some hot water and ship.
Speaker 2: You know you know what I mean, we would We wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I was in the fire with the celebrity ship though, where you can't Nick can't actually walking up.
Speaker 2: On you and ship. I was just chilling. But talk about that guy. Don't get me up. I just gave you and and and he he he was.
Speaker 1: It was only he was only because he was because he was high profile.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what the high profile person.
Speaker 5: That's what I was saying. I was in the same spot. Sugar Knight was that, but previously with me to get in there.
Speaker 1: There was a room with Sugar Knight trying to sign you at one point to sign everybody.
Speaker 2: Tell me about that shot before you leave from the bag too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they put me in jail. Chris Brown was a ship that was in that jail. It was just Joe get TV right in front of you sell just you know, niggas, nobody fuck with you. But Sugar Knight came to me like he came to everybody else, Well, I'm doing my own thing. I'm independent. You know, I never I never had a boss. I've never been signing nobody. And uh, he just said, he said the West Coast is he said, Death Row is home to the West Coast.
Speaker 2: I know where this is going.
Speaker 5: It's like, I'm like, show you know you knew it was going to So he's like, he's like, man.
Speaker 2: Come on over to differ.
Speaker 5: I'll get you off jibe.
Speaker 2: How long didst you just said that one more time?
Speaker 1: How you said it?
Speaker 5: Come on over to death Roll.
Speaker 2: The wars that everybody he said, come on over to death Roll.
Speaker 5: So you know I ain't I'm not a scary nigga because I with some real niggas that we know that we have no reason to be scared. And then.
Speaker 2: I'm a smart nigga. But where's this at. We're in the fucking nightclub in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: And wait, Sugar was in Atlanta and you was running the land at that time, because.
Speaker 2: Was the worst person. I was a factor in the city.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 5: I said, come on over to death Yeah, and it wasn't me. It wasn't me being a bully. He was saying this ship like two niggas talking. He was like, you know, man, actually a cool dude that he was being. I could see it that it was like a push kind of because the actually kind of probably put a little weight, like you know, it didn't it didn't. It wasn't no kind of threat, but he kind of like I felt a little weight. It was like at the time he said it, like so he's kind of pushing up on me a little bit, but in a friendly kind of way. And I just said, I was like, man, I ain't trying. I ain't trying to wrap no more. Man, I'm starting to lave. I'm about to do my label.
Speaker 2: I'm right now, I ain't trying to wrap no more.
Speaker 5: But you know, that was like nineteen ninety five or some ship.
Speaker 2: It's because I also heard jay Z try to sign you too.
Speaker 5: Jay never tried to sign j J just would always call me to do some work with him.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so that room was false. He never tried to sign me.
Speaker 5: I probably would have probably probably would have went that route because just you know, just to be around that.
Speaker 1: They respect you like a mother fer everybody respect you short. Just in case you don't know, let me let me just let me just tell you you are well respected, well connected.
Speaker 2: We love you on the.
Speaker 1: East Coast to the West Coast to round Man, we walked that down south. You are a guy who laid out the platform for all of us to do it. You're still as cool as hell. I can't believe how cool you are.
Speaker 3: A motherfucker.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest. When the interview is old, I'm just gonna ask you, how can I be.
Speaker 2: As cool as you? That's all I want to do.
Speaker 1: Like, I want to ask you because you're the coolest guy. You like how you do that like and you still love the game. I got to keep asking you in different ways, like why would you the guy that say teller man hip hop?
Speaker 5: I told you iceed to been a studio with the og is my first studio experience with some old professional niggas. And these niggas had some of them, you know, it was in it some of them that came and went and you know they talked about to days and they toured the world and they was in the van or whatever, and the niggas said. One of the niggas was one of the members of the Dramatics. He was one of the niggas. But he was one of the niggas that got kicked out the group, and he experienced a few hit records and and you know, Nigga tour and then he and then the ship left him and he was like, man, he was like, dude, whatever you do. He was like, he said, I feel like you're gonna be somebody to you. Yeah, he was like, whatever you do, you make it. He said, don't forget to have fun. And I kind of like took this ship life. I just kind of like took that ship and kind of adapted it in my own way that Okay, we're going on our first tour. You know, niggas is out there deep deep and ship niggas is out there complaining, fucking you know. I mean, we love l LL but LLLL used to not talk to rappers. Nigga didn't want to be friends with you. I'm talking about it. I don't get a worry. It was from niggas like I don't like rappers. He wouldn't hang out. I've been on tours all Oh my god, huge, Yeah, nigga, he would have. He had it rigged so that he could get from his dress room to the stage. You couldn't even see you wouldn't even see him. The he was had different ways of getting there and ship man. But I'm just saying I just I was the opposite of that type of ship where I just was like, Man, I'm about to go and everybody's dressing room, We're gonna smoke, We're gonna chop all. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm fucking with everybody you know that's been a room about you is like Nigga.
Speaker 5: I used to used to do a show fifteen thousand motherfuckers in the crowd.
Speaker 2: I would get off stage and then I.
Speaker 1: Was on tour, like the first time I went on n w A, the one in the movie Straight Up Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Let's break that down because you can't. You're saying it very obviously, but he said it so too cool. He said that one of the listen, listen, this is this is crazy. This set hot that whole era you was on that tour. I'm the group that went on right before n w A. That's was like, let's go on to you. That's amazing.
Speaker 5: Street right there.
Speaker 2: You make me forget my story down. You went on to all with n w A. Way that was your first you know.
Speaker 3: He was talking about how you interact with the crowd.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm telling I used to go on stage do my show fifteen twenty thousand motherfuckers, and right after I get off stage, I grabbed one of the homies because if you bring too many for you bring security or something, you're gonna cause the cause of fuss. Right after the show, in between my show and n w A, I will walk through the whole fun crowd, lights on and walk through people.
Speaker 2: You know, back then, niggas didn't have no camera phone, niggas.
Speaker 5: Nigga nigga have a pen. Niggas just would like just be like man, you know, to hey, what's up? And I just I just want to give your people will say what are your security? I'm like you my security, nigga. He's gonna do something to me, like you know, you know Reggie them did that ship and keep mrried Red manig that niggas was security nothing.
Speaker 2: They just walk around any fucking crowd.
Speaker 5: I do the same ship.
Speaker 1: I just tested out that I've never no but short you was a like a king man of a whole coast. It's different and you still to this day walk around the same way.
Speaker 5: It's because it's the love. Man, It's the love you be somewhere, and that love that makes a noise for the love you be somewhere. And somebody said, hey, man, you did you did something something. You made a song with my little brother and love something something, just you made a song with my little brother. Some random mass rappers somewhere, niggas like Nigga, all these niggas over here, these my niggas. You getting here right because I made a song with his little brother.
Speaker 2: So we're good that night.
Speaker 1: Now, you've always been good, mister lord. I don't know what kind of well, I don't know what kind of deal you may with God, but listen, I don't care where neighborhood is at.
Speaker 2: It's to pay for philosophy.
Speaker 5: Man. You gotta pay it, you leave it. But you learned a lot of shit in life. I'm just talking about the knowledge. I'm talking about material things. I'm just talking about the knowledge. You got to give it to everybody who deserves it. Man, you learned a lot of ship. I feel like niggas could have gave me a lot of you know, shortcuts could have helped me when I was a young nigga.
Speaker 1: You know they didn't help you, so now you want to help other people.
Speaker 5: You know some people didn't help you. Gotta you're gonna have this live and learn ship. Everybody gotta go through their journey, but help niggas.
Speaker 2: Then this past a little bit. I think we gotta make a noise for help niggas.
Speaker 1: Help mother fucking niggas. Man, listen, and you know what, short it's such a great guy yo. When you was on job, I believe you called me. I did a record with you for your album. Correct, I forget what's your name of the album? I forget.
Speaker 2: That talk about it has on point.
Speaker 1: Job you can't with us.
Speaker 2: He just came home.
Speaker 1: So you just like with street niggas because I how did you know the fuck with me? Because I was a foul nigga at that time?
Speaker 3: You still I might have.
Speaker 2: Been I might have been platting them, but I was a foul nigga.
Speaker 5: Point the point of the song was niggas who niggas who are reptible in their area.
Speaker 1: Right just just and it was like, you know because I was so I was, I was so honored, but I was like, do you know him?
Speaker 2: Because you might shoot somebody when I leave him.
Speaker 5: You can't make you can't make a statement. You can't fuck with us. If there's no us.
Speaker 1: You five far you knew, man, knew what you doing. And then Pat Bottle did the jail time.
Speaker 5: Like this is I know in in North Carolina where he's from, the city rides with them and look at that nigga the city.
Speaker 2: I have done concerts.
Speaker 5: Like you know, you go to a city probably like hour and a half two hour driving where you're from.
Speaker 2: I have done concerts and took them there, all of Oakland with me.
Speaker 5: We show up a thousand deep and they're like, uh, like you know, nigga, were all coming in.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker, motherfucking we do that, still do that to this day.
Speaker 5: We did this day.
Speaker 1: I'm a niggas like that. They asked me how many I got. I'll be like fall And then when I show up and be like four hundred like I said fall, I said fall, yeah, four hundreds like yeah, but too short, man. I can't thank you enough. Just coming out sitting down, you know, being a great sport about it or this is about it, just hip hop fans getting to understanding and and and and hear these stories. But before you go I want to say, how did you eat forty ever ahead hook up? Because he's another yeah, yeah, yeah legend forty.
Speaker 2: And because that's that's still your younger homie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a little I got about a couple of two or three Okaya forty and his brother d Shot Okay was in the game. They were street niggas, and you know, they they dabbled, They they they moved the way around.
Speaker 2: So that's what that wle means.
Speaker 1: You learned something today, Let's make let's know what you'll learn something today dabbling goddamn it.
Speaker 5: But they probably did a little more than Delin.
Speaker 2: That was just playing.
Speaker 5: So I was just trying to be a PC, all right, Okay. So they actually used to do business with my niggas who I rode with to this day. My nigga niggas, my niggas.
Speaker 4: They was.
Speaker 2: They was youngsters getting money together.
Speaker 5: So there's a thing in the bay where you kind of you know, we were over here in Oakland, thirty miles over in Valayo, these Valao niggas and these Oakland niggas. It's like, all right, we're gonna get down together. And you got a city like Richmond and rich master p can't. Yeah, So Richmond Niggas and Oakland niggas, like I don't really fuck with each other.
Speaker 2: It's like no gang shit.
Speaker 5: But it's just like we're just a little too wild to be friends because it never turns out good y'all two whiles to be friends with us. We two whiles, So we kind of try to either avoid each other or it's just it's just it's just many right maniacs shit. So so Valao Niggas and Oakland Niggas always been like kind of like sister city type shit. So we the niggas fuck with us. And E forty was my homie forever and ever and ever and ever where. We never made songs together. Were just homies, were the same. We'd see each other click. Everybody know each other. I know all these little brothers, I know his sister, I know the whole ship. Before we made a song, and we did a concert one of those radio stations, Summer Jams, Summer Jam, Summer Jam, and the niggas they had you ever heard the Loonies of course? Okay, so the loonies had, of course loonies, my homies, my young homies who they come from the cloth Man. They come from what I'm what I'm from the trinkle Down the game. The niggas who put out their records with my homie.
Speaker 1: They he said, to trinkle down. I don't know what that means, but I'm gonna take it. Make it make sense.
Speaker 2: They come from that.
Speaker 5: So so the Loonies had this song called Player Hater, and they say they was mad at me about this whole story.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you.
Speaker 5: They was mad at me on some on some inside ship and they said some ship about me.
Speaker 2: The song.
Speaker 5: They said, that's why the town got rid of short and they said it a year after I moved to Atlanta. So they sinuated and start this little buzz that maybe the Loonies was like, nigga, you gotta move out of town. Niggas, you can't be in Oaklan no more.
Speaker 4: Some ship.
Speaker 5: So I'm in Atlanta, having the time of my life, still mad as fucking this bullshit. So the radio station is holding what would be the hot ninety seven summer jam. It's one of those one o six in Atlanta and in uh uh, in Oakland and in the Bay. It's a kb on one O six summer jam. And I'm I'm the nigga who the radio station came to when they first started doing Summer Jam and said, hey, we need to like get some urban support. Can you be on the show. And I'm like, cool, I'm with you. So I'm like feeling like this kind of is supposed to be my friends. I helped these niggas.
Speaker 2: Theiga was a rock station.
Speaker 5: Wow, I turned into an urban station, and they asked niggas like me, can you come help us? Went over the community. So I'm like that shit mean something. And they played this record and put in a rotation where it said that's why the town got rid of short one line and yeah. And I'm like, I'm like a nigga like this. I'm like, niggas, you don't it's not it's zero disrespect. It's not gonna fucking happen. It's just we don't walk away from the ship. I'm not gonna rap about you. So, nigga, something's gonna happen. So I called the radio station. I was like, yeah, I'm coming to the concert. They didn't want me on the show. Of course, they told me. You know, I moved in Atlanta. We were kind of like supporting the local artists. Shit you moved away. So I'm like, well, I just.
Speaker 2: Want to come see the show. They gave me four sticker passes. Yeah, nigga.
Speaker 5: We rode up there at about sixty niggas, four niggas in, one nigga out, four more niggas in, one nigga out. He came out with the three passes, three niggas. We still do that, yeah, make that's called the line hold. So before they realized what had happened, we sixty East Oakland niggas in the concert.
Speaker 2: No authorization.
Speaker 5: We just in there, nigga, and we've been we being real cool. We ain't got no problem. But it's sixty niggas, sixty grimy niggas, and I'm requesting shit. I'm like, nigga, I need for y'all to walk me out on the stage and tell the crowd. Me and Loony's gonna tell the crowd it ain't nothing, beloved, And we just just had to happen. And they was like, oh, we're gonna do this, this, this and that, and they wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Do it, and I'm like, loonies. The loonies was with it. They were the little homies. They got to your mouth. They walked up to us, and they was like, man, what we gotta do?
Speaker 5: Whatever?
Speaker 2: The concert people wouldn't wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Let it happen. I'm like, we got to kill this motherfucking ship. Ain't nobody telling about the Loonies is my enemies and were running away. We're gonna just walk out and just say it's just love. That's all I wanted to tell the people. And it was like, no, I wouldn't do it. So we had We said that, well, let me let us holler at the manager. The manager, nigga, my niggahs, my niggas, my homie, and we went in this back room we're supposed to be hollering at one of the concert promoters. We back there and then the ship get out of hand. Niggas, niggas lumped up the Loonies manager.
Speaker 2: A little bit and we didn't know this is where it's going.
Speaker 5: So the nigga got lumped up and curled all up and ship and all this ship.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't even really ask for me.
Speaker 5: It was just like a blue blue bloom, like, nigga, shut up, we heard about mister bullshit. So we walk out. Now we got the mob. The mob is not satisfied. They like kind of hungry. And then we walked through the crowd and we just like we're not doing nothing to nobody, but we're just not happy, and we kind of moving around, and it just we went and we went and took a little section. Then you know, like you make niggas like just take they shit, we took a little section. We're gonna watch the next act. Somebody come on the scene. And then everybody that was just the powers that be just didn't like what they saw. They just didn't like it that they just it was just nervousness, and they canceled the show. They canceled, like the last two acts they canceled. It must have been like the Isley Brothers in e forty forty was headlining twenty five thirty thousand. You had never met it was homiess Oh, we was homemie nigga. I got your number mind, that's my nigga. They canceled the show. Wow, forty had spent like maybe like you know, a lot of grip on some special show he was gonna do with the big show of the summer, and they canceled it. And they went and told the nigga we canceled you because it's too short now, mind you.
Speaker 1: We wasn't.
Speaker 5: We wasn't fighting, We wasn't Mobby will and fucking with the people. We just we just kind of like did the little thing in the back back area and left watching the show. But they're nervous that they couldn't control the ship.
Speaker 1: So but you had had not met E forty prior to rap, I.
Speaker 5: Knew we forty before we was wrapped.
Speaker 2: I know why.
Speaker 5: We early days, the early days, it was just like, what's up, nigga, Like it wasn't back in the day, niggas didn't wrap together exactly.
Speaker 2: It's make a record with you.
Speaker 3: Wasn't.
Speaker 5: That wasn't even an idea, make your album, make my mouth. But we just what's up and we hang out whatever. We was tired a little bit with d shot shots his little brother. That's my nigga, forty forty my nigga. Nope, the shots forty the click they was in the click. Okay, So Monday morning comes the radio station. The show was probably like Saturday and Sunday. Monday morning comes the radio station does a fake caller pretending to be too short, no way, and the nigga calls up. It's like, Nigga, yeah, nigga. Niggas didn't want to let me on stage. Nigga, I don't give a fuck if it was forty eight one thousand niggas short, don't get him stay no way. The niggas calling talked to shit on the morning show start that this sway was probably going by then okay, cool, and they doing this joke. But at the same time, it's a bitch down there that's the program director or something. This bitch is sending out facts and emails saying too short, it's violent band, the nigga from raping, don't ever play his music, all kinds of shit.
Speaker 2: So I'm like trying a black bolly.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, I'm taking this shit firstal then then the fucking phone rings. I don't even know shit was on the air.
Speaker 2: I don't even know. E forty called me.
Speaker 5: He was like, Nigga, was you on the radio this morning? I'm like, nah, nigga. He's like, Nigga, you didn't do say such such. I'm like, no, man, So the niggas like we stand up.
Speaker 2: Niggas. Niggas said, so you're telling me you didn't call the radio siging.
Speaker 5: He said, I said, nigga, I don't know.
Speaker 2: He said, okay, and then he.
Speaker 5: Started spinning the game to E forty is a real game, dumb nigga. So he started spending these like the radio stations trying to play games with us, blah blah this that. He's like, man, these folks, you know, we started talking about how much money he spent on his set. They didn't get it to the showing, and they personally told him it's two short fault. He was like, man, we're not finna turn this in the that because we know who we are. Your niggas, mind niggas. We know we're not finna do that. We finished, he said, let's get in the studio and make some music. We made a song called rappers Ball, and it's like that was like a big record for that's the first record.
Speaker 2: Ever made, and big record for your city, big record.
Speaker 5: For the Bay. Yeah, it was huge. It went everywhere and basically the ship of a you know, corporate type structure, motherfuckers in an office room trying to play some real niggas against each other kind of made us tighter than we ever been. And we kind of we were we were cool as fuck. But after that we made record after record after record. We started talking on the phone every other day. We kind of like walking each other through each other's albums and ship. Niggas don't know. We was on jive and we never really dropped in the same quarter, so we would be like both we'd be critiquing each other's albums while we're making them. I'm like, yeah, you finna hit them hard, niggah. Yeah, And then I'm listening to him going, oh shit, I got to get there go hard because this nigga about about to knock me off, you know. So we kind of being friends and competitors, we kind of held each other down on on keeping it keeping that ship hardcore.
Speaker 1: Like wow, So before we get up out of here, was you in the session with Big.
Speaker 5: When you made the record when the remies in my system? Ain't no telling that I.
Speaker 2: Was in the room, that he was in the room.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's when his legs was hurting shit, he was sitting down rapping and ship hell yeah.
Speaker 1: And then how about with Jay did y'all sit up session?
Speaker 5: I did that session with Jay?
Speaker 2: It was all good.
Speaker 5: Just a week ago I did that ship, I did the other song up and I was on Uh, Real niggas do real things, all the words. I was on that show. He really wanted Scarface on that song. And and back then them niggas. It was that ship where the niggas used to love Tupac so much. It was like UGK and Nigga are niggas. They loved Tupac so much to like, Man, I ain't work with nobody from New York. I just it was just it was, let me stop you right there. We love short New York.
Speaker 2: He's trying to be.
Speaker 1: Humble right now.
Speaker 2: He's humble. Look, I used to be telling niggas like this.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I talked to the niggas car Face all nigga real talk back in the day. I'm like, Nigga, go to New York. It's gonna take your career to a new level. Them niggas fuck with you, and we didn't. We didn't know. Somebody had to tell you. I say, passed it on.
Speaker 2: I didn't know, Nigga. I'm on the elevator.
Speaker 5: And then Nigga bell hops saying, I ain't never heard of you, man, Why why you got on Jurey?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Who was you?
Speaker 5: I said, Nigga I'm too short, and now I saw the million records. The bell hoped the bell, I mean the Hotel New York, like, you know you did, nigga, Wow, never, I never heard you could have sw the million records.
Speaker 1: This is the crazy shit is you know what side of you telling? Because we always felt like, you know, we showed y'all love.
Speaker 5: And I told the bell man, nigga, I do shows. The big daddy came that nigga said, now.
Speaker 3: I know you like.
Speaker 2: And you did do shows.
Speaker 5: Show is crazy. This monkey is my nigga. Man, that's my my homie. Like I was talking a lot of my fuckers.
Speaker 2: Ja Ja is my nigga.
Speaker 5: That's my nigga.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Way back when he.
Speaker 1: Was God bless him, God bless him. Your too. Show got the craziest stories.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: We just made sup. Let's make some noise for to shot man coming out.
Speaker 1: Bringing it out.
Speaker 2: I was there, you were there.
Speaker 5: I told you I just turned fifty. Niggas.
Speaker 1: I know some ship carr Us one totals, he turned fifty and he pulled on a a off peak card.
Speaker 3: You Bagels and Denny, you got a.
Speaker 2: Let me let me see what kind of car you got.
Speaker 5: Let me see what.
Speaker 3: We need. Sonny here where Sonny.
Speaker 2: At cannabis card? Goddamn, look at that.
Speaker 1: Look at that.
Speaker 2: That's make some noose for too short being a super smoke.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: Shure.
Speaker 5: This is listen.
Speaker 2: I can't thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Man, Listen, I can never repay you for this, because I don't know if people understand what this is. There's people from the Bay Area, there's people from South Central, there's people from New York that all want to know your story. And right now, I mean in the hip hop way, but I say they know your story. But in the hip hop way, we're not journalists. We don't Google ship. We sit there just a conversation. I'm gonna be honest. I don't know the Google, but I do to get the porn sites.
Speaker 2: Just figured that out. Yeah, Hamster, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: But and and we sit here with hip hop legend. We had carras One sitting right there. This is correct, that right there was right there. And once some more drive records he was on driving the hotel.
Speaker 1: We got Q tip that's coming to the block, give records exactly. So I'm bringing it up. Rest in peace to five go and I can't thank you enough, my brother.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate this. I was so excited.
Speaker 1: My brother dj AFN told me, he said, yo, man, you know what I'm saying, two shorts coming in. I don't know if you felt it when he was on the phone, but I kept going like this, I heard it.
Speaker 2: Where did that come from? Sure?
Speaker 1: Because every time I hear your name, I keep hopping my collar.
Speaker 2: Is that cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's that's that's that's a pimp gesture. That's a PM gesture.
Speaker 1: So you like every time if we're not like if I'm in like if I'm in like Tucson, Arizona, and they say you wanted too short ribs or the older pars used to wear.
Speaker 2: This, and I go like this, yeah you're good, I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 5: Used to wear suits and ship man, they really used to pop their collars.
Speaker 2: They had collars you don't have. I didn't know where the popping collar came from.
Speaker 5: So you had these certain characters that they the whole time they talking to you, like a nigga is so clean. It just like you know, man, but I was doing this. I just like this, not just and they just pop it and it's just what kind of style you got, like they got order to picture and they talk like that the whole time. They talk to you when they're getting or after they tell up, while the niggas just walk up talking to your niggas, talking like my nigga.
Speaker 2: My nigga, you have to talk short. Get me right? Am I doing the correct? When I doing it? You got the one hand pop together? Let me look at you, let me see you do it.
Speaker 5: You really got to be wearing a collar shirt though, you got to pop your collar.
Speaker 2: Tell you something else. I told you.
Speaker 5: I come from a different closet and things with you. I come from the finesse niggas.
Speaker 4: Don't.
Speaker 5: You don't necessarily have to do a lot of exterior. You're sitting there quietly, you hold a bitch what to do, and you just sitting there. You don't.
Speaker 2: You don't have to brag on it. You feel me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I am married those kind of cats. I took on that style of just not but do they pop their caller? You kind of don't. You don't do the loud. You don't rhyme, you don't rhyme, you don't dress too loud. You just kind of like you run that game, and you so.
Speaker 1: Sure if I could be a temporary pimp for like one day, could you coach me?
Speaker 2: I've been telling you all day. I gave you Anthony. You know I'll keep trying to changing out.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: When the bitch chose me, I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 3: After that, I was like, oh, ship, but does the chick ever pimped the dudes that happens.
Speaker 5: You will never become a boss pimp unless a bitch turns you out first. You could think anything you.
Speaker 3: Want, but she got confused.
Speaker 2: I let's go like this.
Speaker 5: You never pimped the whole before, and you're gonna and you're gonna turn the bitch out for the first time. So she's just getting turned down. You just getting turned out, y'all. What the y'all gonna do together? Who never hold the pimp? Who never pimped? Somebody got to give you that game. You got to go get your feet with the best time.
Speaker 2: Let's make some noise in school. That is real that the best time you ever gonna get.
Speaker 5: This is the first.
Speaker 2: You might get a little junior house.
Speaker 5: She's like, I do it for you. She might be around junior around, but at the first so you're gonna knock another You're the new young pimp. You're the new young pemp. Youre gonna knock another another niggas bitch, you've been getting it.
Speaker 2: She coming over.
Speaker 5: You're like this, bitch I've been having. Ain't never hold like this. You got a super hole down, and you're like, oh ship when once you got a super hole and you adapt, you can't go read some of them books.
Speaker 2: Man, You.
Speaker 5: And you sit there and you you ain't never let her know that you can't hang with her, but you're pimping your way into it. The next hole you get, you're gonna be harder and harder and harder. Like you know, you learned some ship from that superhow you learn. That's why females teaching the dude. You had the junior hole and he was like, she bring me a little something. Now you got a super how you like every whole after that, you're like, do you fucking know what? Who it is?
Speaker 1: That's why he gave me a famous player card.
Speaker 2: I wanted to give it back.
Speaker 1: I said, you guys are complicated. This is very complicated. Your lifestyle is very hard style.
Speaker 5: But the famous player card is not a famous pimp.
Speaker 3: Card.
Speaker 5: It's just for the players, man, because they all know it's differences player. They all know I don't really be off there trying to pimp holes and ship.
Speaker 2: I don't. I never same. She should just from older, same way. Let's make it hot five for you, pimp polder Stell.
Speaker 5: Come on, every.
Speaker 2: This is what happens when you're too short.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm at the club in Las Vegas, hanging with my folks at the table. The bitch walks up to me and hands me like seventeen eighteen hundred and said, you're the reason why I'm homeing and walked away. She can't tell me her motherfucking name. I didn't even see what she gave me to she was out of sight. I looked.
Speaker 1: I was like, nigga, bitch, just walk had to be this, and then what did you do to seventeen hundred?
Speaker 2: Le's keep it d We bought that.
Speaker 5: We just we spending.
Speaker 1: We gave, we came back, We gave it back to keep it together, keep it together, back to you.
Speaker 2: She never introduced her name.
Speaker 5: I couldn't tell you what her face, so I can never tell you.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Listen, let me tell you we got the legend too short in hair. We're gonna lie paid it back to the game. Not trying to pimp until the pip came to me, wants to peric to me, I turn what to do with the.
Speaker 2: Niggas? Like, you give me your bit, don't do ju?
Speaker 6: I said, not anybody anybody know enough not to know to give them my bitch. Anybody that's listening, I gave a bitch to like cars. I gave a bitch to like like to see or something I throw.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, anybody that's listening, just remember this. Don't don't listen to ship about some pimp rules and ship and yeah and think you're gonna wake up trying to be a pimp. It's not something that you do. It's not something that you adapt to lifestyle. You know, just like anything you do, you become an expert.
Speaker 2: You know it's in you.
Speaker 5: It's in you.
Speaker 1: Yeah right now.
Speaker 2: I love the art of it, but.
Speaker 5: It's not in me. I don't have powers. I don't passion that you see me for for hip hop and music in the last show, and I don't have that passion for pimping.
Speaker 1: But you have the passion more for hip hop than I love the art of the pimp game.
Speaker 5: It's a beautiful thing. If you you know what is the best profession after pimping, if you've been a pimp. Hell no, what I'm saying, thank you. That's what most pimps do. They started preaching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, preaching that. Yeah, you got listen. The level of hustling is being is owning the church. That's the last level.
Speaker 5: I'm not laughing I'm not laughing at Christianity. I'm laughing at preacher.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: The real hustler, last hustle is being a preacher. I'm just telling you that the preacher's pimping his congregation.
Speaker 2: Who gives a fuck. That's the last levels that well, I'm gonna put I'm gonna put it to you another way.
Speaker 5: Now, let's say, throughout your life the way you learned how to be a pimp was that you figured, I have the gift the gap. You told that to yourself, The gift, the gabage your main weapon, and pimpings.
Speaker 2: Unless you're a gorilla pimp, you just was the punch of facing the big as you as.
Speaker 5: You stare in the ugly face of pimping, you see a fucking hole die on the job or some ship murdered or the junkie hole overdose. Is just the bitch life get fucked off and she ended up in prison. You never see it again, like, you know, just the ugly side of this, the ship that the ship that fucks you up in the head. You've seen how you took this little innocent girl who was a waitress. You sit and you see what she ended up being, and you like, damn, how am I in the eyes of God if I did this to her? And you start feeling like a fucking monster, like it ain't for everybody in the long run. So what do you do? You you fucking step to the light and you go to the church and you start really realizing that damn, I been walking the wrong path. And then you end up being a fucking preacher later. But the main thing is why are you a good preacher? Because from day one you had to give the gap. You have to get swag. It ain't like if a pimp turned preacher. He's not he's not being wicked or he's not. He might just really have went that path where he looked at that ugly ship and he saw it and he went the other way. So men, some of them might be wicked. Yeah, it might be, but I'm just saying that the money I don't want to be just saying some ship where real ship, though that ship gets ugly. I know a church boy right now that pimped his ass off, and the only reason why he's a church boy because it's because of what he saw him pimping fucked him up.
Speaker 2: He's make some noise for the ship that sucked him up.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 2: Yo, yo, follow disclaimer on this ship always wants to disclaim. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: If you listen to two shorts, you get pimp tomorrow.
Speaker 2: List listen.
Speaker 3: I fucked up with the bit like, listen, here's a horrible pimp list.
Speaker 2: Like I went.
Speaker 1: I said, you gotta choose to lose the big ship. I chose as soon as he chose me. I was like, oh ship, what did I do for?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: What did I do?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: And I was fucked up?
Speaker 1: Pimp juju kN uh bacher don wong was They was all trying to knock my bach. They was like I was holding it down because I was like, they can'tkno my bach because I see I seen the documentaries, so I was like, I'm not gonna knock my bitch. As soon as I left, I just left alone and that was it, so I knew I can. I can.
Speaker 5: There's two things you gotta do to establish You have to you have to get a choosing fee, and you have to at least.
Speaker 2: Send me away loosing fee.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: That's when she pays you to be with you.
Speaker 1: So you mean to tell me as soon as she chose me, I should have bitch a lot of paying off a lot of him.
Speaker 5: Set the bar kind of kind of steep if you ask me, I don't know. They like, you know, it's like five ten racks. I heard five racks I.
Speaker 2: Could have got.
Speaker 7: I could have got if you could have gotten signed the short start your phone, man, want to change numbers. I was playing the wrong game for a long time.
Speaker 2: You're sure.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for being a great sport and going out here having us man a little.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, it look like I had care of.
Speaker 2: Someone right there. It looks like you're drinking at my tie. It's it looks like, yo, shut Thank you so much, my brother. Easy on the pimping, yas you're gonna get you responsibly.
Speaker 1: Like I want to.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pimp.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna pimp like your dogs first before you go up gonna I'm gonna pimp.
Speaker 2: Like in my mind.
Speaker 1: We'll have Short exact run run me through it in my mind and then maybe no, I'm never gonna try.
Speaker 2: I'm never gonna try. But at least at least Short taught me. Yeah you short man, I really appreciate it. Man. Every time a person say how did that happen? Before we get out of it, is that word I.
Speaker 5: Showed you how to wrap. Partner Freddie b. So we try to do everything that the streets do. In the streets was doing a lot of drugs. So we used to do these little skits before the songs. Is just like either acting like gangsters or just slick talking niggas. And one of the skids we used to do is was about this, uh, this chick who.
Speaker 1: She was a bead.
Speaker 5: So so we pretended like like we're smoking crack cocaine. But wait, but this was not crack, but wore crack cocaine at one This was not cracked.
Speaker 2: We sprinkled a little bit in the joints, but were not You did hit that he did, Yeah, this tastes good. It was.
Speaker 5: It was crazy. Don't let it take you down. But look at that stuff so smoking dirty back then, it wasn't when we was wrapping the early eighties, it wasn't crack. It was called freebasing, and it was only her. It was only what rich fly fly people did. It was if he was showing off rich motherfucker you free base. That was the ship that burned rich prize and that that was that was in the pipe, or that was that was It was the same thing.
Speaker 2: It was the same thing as the crackhead. It was smoking the pipe.
Speaker 5: But when it first came out, it came out as an elegant thing that only rich people did were about to go smoke.
Speaker 2: It was like, this is the upgrade from cocaine. Rich people.
Speaker 5: Freebasing was something that people openly saying, we're freebasing, but crack is uping.
Speaker 2: When you turn to crack head.
Speaker 5: That was the same fucking ship, but it just had a different hood, different time and era.
Speaker 2: So we used to mimic freebasing.
Speaker 5: So we would sit there and be like, you know the bitches like hit I hit this baby, like you know, the tap is about to come on the music coming on.
Speaker 2: We're doing the skip for it.
Speaker 5: Come on like this hit and hitt and say like mother fucking choking ship and then uh, like bitch, you hitting you smoking too much? And then uh and then my man like somebody being there doing the girl voice or whatever, and then uh and then it should be like the bitch like like bitch like that's where it got.
Speaker 1: We did that skit let's noise for crack making making up to be.
Speaker 2: Crack cocaine, get.
Speaker 5: Something, get so many times that the bitches kept getting longer and longer and longer until it was just.
Speaker 2: Like bitch and is that your favorite word? It really is my favorite.
Speaker 5: But look at this. They got a rude awakening though, because I went and looked at some old Dola Mite movie.
Speaker 6: This saying.
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 1: But you're doing none at a hip hop. You are the you are the king, You're the first pimper hip hop. You are the first person that made us proud to be who you are, where you want to be. We want to salute you, too short. Let's still say that we love you. We want to say that we want to keep continuing.
Speaker 2: And you look the same. You ain't aging. We are saluting you, my brother. You're a great guy.
Speaker 1: We love you, Drink Champs, love you definitely, and we're gonna drink some Champagne. I've been drinking you hard, Lick.
Speaker 2: I know you're up here.
Speaker 5: You got me a little.
Speaker 3: Podcast.
Speaker 2: We're gonna keep it going here you are. I'm never alright.
Speaker 1: We got always almost almost into this night, like man, what UPO?
Speaker 2: Wo too short? Thank you for coming the drink Champs.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I don't know all right, I'll just keep coughing. Thank you to stop coughing.
Speaker 5: Hit the way again.
Speaker 2: It's like your TV show, yes what happened on my TV show yesterday? I forgot oh yo.
Speaker 5: We had face faces like I'm in Miami, nigga, like we just got off the cruise. Me Louke, we was all on this cruise.
Speaker 2: Chill high five, high fi.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: All good.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 4: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O.
Speaker 2: R E and d J E.
Speaker 1: F FN.
Speaker 2: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 4: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours truly d j e f N. And then please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at Drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real norriegon i g at Noriega on Twitter, Mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, And most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com