Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition of the KSR pre Show. Today is Thursday, April third. I am Billy Rutlands along with Shannon the Dude. Give us a call on the Clark's Pumping Chop phone line. That's eight five nine two ah two two eight seven. Text us at five oh two two six five six sixty five six And as always, the KSR pre Show is brought to you by ital X Fine Italian Dining right here in Lexington, Kentucky, where it is very rainy here in Lexington and all throughout the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Two confirmed tornadoes touching ground in the Commonwealth last night, one in Murray, Kentucky, another one in Louisville near Middletown. Our thoughts are with everybody affected by these storms in this dangerous weather over the next few days. Shannon is in Louisville, who got hit a lot harder than Lexington. How did do you have any property damage last night?
Speaker 2: Shannon?
Speaker 1: How you doing this morning?
Speaker 3: I'm doing okay, Yeah, definitely thoughts to those in the you said Middletown. I think jay Town maybe got hit with it as well. So, yeah, everybody that was in the path of that tornado. Our thoughts are definitely with you this morning, but yeah, we had some nasty weather. I was up last night, and you know, I live close enough to the fire department.
Speaker 4: In Town Billy to where when that alarm.
Speaker 3: Goes off, it's like God, it's like it's right in your ears, it's so loud. So we went down to the basement and hunkered down. I don't think I had any property damage, but you know, it was dark when I came to work this morning, so I didn't really get the chance to check it out. But you got safe and Lexington, it sounds like everything's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't think we got it as bad as the western part of the state or even Louisville. But this is not something that will end soon. I mean, there is a flooding risk until Sunday for many parts of Kentucky. You know, I think of many places like Hollers that can, you know, really be susceptible to flooding. So everybody be careful. There's some news about four injured people in Ballard County that is just terrible to hear about. There was a roof that got ripped off. I saw pictures of Shannon just some of the images that come out when we get severe weather like this are incredible. And and I tell you what, the thunderstorms were loud last night. There was no doubt about it. And I'm sure we'll keep you up to date the best that we can. But you know, when Keenlin delays their spring meat and the ups sorting room closes down for only the third time in thirty seven years, you know that the weather serious when those those things come.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know, yeah, you know weather mail carriers, I mean, they're they're always out there no matter what the weather is. So when when that closes down, you know it's bad. Or when a waffle house closes down, you know it's bad. I don't think any waffle house is closed. But yeah, we're getting more rain today and I think it's going to continue pretty much all weekend. So yeah, those who are prone to floods, we're thinking about you, hopefully well.
Speaker 1: And shout out to all the meteorologists that are you know, their Super Bowl Sundays are these next couple days. So Chris Bailey, the guy on WDRB that winds at a lot of people, you know, Bill Mack. These guys do a great service to their community. So a big thank you to everybody that is helping with that. Shannon, I've got a quick story I've got to tell you about yesterday. I was debating if I was gonna mention this or not. But we live our lives on the radio, right and so I'm nothing but honest with you. But I wouldn't hold a story from you, Shannon. So last night, uh, you know, I I was a good boy and went to bed about eleven thirty. You know, I got to get some sleep before we get up early to do the morning show. And the fiance is a little nervous. I mean, the tornado sirens are going. She's got, you know, some weather anxiety. So she's gonna stay up for a little bit later and she wakes me up at about twelve thirty Shannon panicked, saying, somebody is stealing my car.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 1: Yes, somebody is stealing the middle of a thunderstorm, in the middle of a thunderstorm, in the middle of the night. So I'm like, okay, So you know, I, you know, go out there, Shannon, I see my car lights are on, and then I go in and my car is on. Shannon, I left my car on for ten hours yesterday in the driveway.
Speaker 4: And the battery still was charged.
Speaker 1: The driveway, the car was locked, but the car was on, and she saw, I guess, like the headlights and the tail lights had turned on. At some point she saw the lights through the window and thought somebody was stealing my car. Well, went in there, turned it off, went back to sleep, got up this morning. How about a third a tank of gas when I parked it yesterday? No gas left in there? The battery worked, the car started. I got to the gas station. So I mean, am I in the clear here? Have you ever done this before? Have you ever left your car on after you got home from your now?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think I've ever done anything like that.
Speaker 3: That's like old man territory we're getting into here now, like where you don't even realize you get out of the car and it's on, Like how does that even happen? Like the first thing I do when I parked the car is, I don't know, put the car in park and take the keys out.
Speaker 1: You put it in park? Yeah, you know, my car is a push to start, so you don't have to take the keys out. It's just the car won't.
Speaker 4: But you didn't hear the car running when you got in hear it?
Speaker 1: Didn't hear it? I don't see. I'm trying to run that through my brain. Shitting. I mean, I got home from a workout. Maybe I was a little tired fatigued from that, and maybe he was a little windy outside, and I didn't hear the engine. But for me to lose my keys a few months ago, and then now to leave the car on for ten hours, I'm.
Speaker 4: Telling you, man, like we're doing old hours. We're doing old man things here, Like what is happening with you like this? I mean, like I've seen this happen before.
Speaker 3: But my grandfather did it when he was like eighty two, you know, not when he was like in his twenties. Of course, when he was in his twenties, it probably didn't have cars back then. He was riding a horse. But you know, I got something he did before, like I've seen my grandfather. I literally looked out the window one day and I saw my grandfather driving back from the grocery store with the groceries on top of the car, coming down the road. Somehow, he didn't spell any groceries. He pulled in and all the groceries had somehow survived riding on top of the car. But I feel like, Billy, that's something that you might do now that you're just you know, losing your keys. You can't ever find your keys, you know, you leave your car running for ten hours like everything.
Speaker 4: Okay, buddy, I've got car issues.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the problem is. I mean, the memory loss of me turning thirty, Shannon, I don't know what it is, but I just, I mean, I've never done that before. And the panic and the fiance's words when she said somebody's stealing your car at one in the morning, Shannon, that was.
Speaker 4: That would what would you do?
Speaker 3: Let's just say in theory, somebody actually was stealing your car. What's what's Billy our sports going to do? What's your weapon of choice? Are you grab like a torpedo bat or are you gonna go grab a cane and run them off?
Speaker 4: Or like what are you gonna doh?
Speaker 1: Well, you know I have a firearm that fire situations, Shannon with Billy bullets. Okay, you know, I hate I'd hate to bring that up in just any situation, But if somebody's stealing the car, I don't think they can take it very far either. If it's a push to start and it won't go without the keys, you know, you're not gonna be a to accomplish much.
Speaker 4: You're gonna shoot the tires out. Is that what you're No?
Speaker 1: No, But I don't know if I'm like running out there, charging out there with a bat, a torpedo bat or a golf club. That's probably much more ready than a bat in my house. So I don't know. I don't know if I'm doing much confrontation. You know, in retail, they taught us that you don't confront people that are suspected of shoplifting.
Speaker 3: Have you ever heard that before? No, I never worked in retail. So you just tell me they just let you just go ahead and take what you want to.
Speaker 1: Just take it, I mean, just take it.
Speaker 4: Well, if that's the case, why am I paying for it?
Speaker 1: Then we'll just eat the amount that they are taking. Because Shannon, it's dangerous to stop somebody and that could escalate a situation to where somebody gets hurt.
Speaker 3: That seems like a really bad business model, Like, hey, just let it happen. Hey, if you want to, But if you want to come in and shoplift.
Speaker 4: Just take it.
Speaker 3: We're not going to bother you. Just go right on out the door. You tell me, all these years, I could have just been taking what I want it.
Speaker 4: But now, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: They may pay them out and film your license plate number. They might try to get that. But look, I'm not sacrificing myself to save ninety dollars worth a merchandise, Shannon, or the you know, the CBD oil. I would be stealing. I mean, come on, you're you're blocking the door. Yeah, playing hero a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not stealing from my store.
Speaker 3: You may come into Beta Billy store and take whatever you want, but don't come into Shannon the Dude's house. I try to take my stup. I've got my little Mini Lovell slugger behind the counter. I'm ready to just bop somebody on the head with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, there you go. Don't don't try to rob the store. Shannon the Dude's working out.
Speaker 4: It's right.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. I mean, it's not scripted, Shannon. They might actually hit scripted face. They may, you know, it's not just like hit you next to your face.
Speaker 3: But asked that referee who has a big gash in his head. If that was scripted from Saturday night when I busted his hudoe.
Speaker 1: Well, he didn't expect you to throw the thing into the the arena like that exactly. You can follow us on Twitter at Shannon the Dude and at Billy R Sports. Every morning I post like a thread of a picture to start the day, and Shannon, this morning, I posted a picture of a Kentucky fan that has a Matt Jones tattoo.
Speaker 3: Okay, now you set that to me yesterday and I was questioned questioning the legitimate of this picture. You're telling me somebody actually got a Matt Jones' autograph tattooed on their leg.
Speaker 1: You can check it out on my Twitter at Billy R Sports. It was just before the twenty nineteen season. Our friend David sent this in of a fan that he met, and it looks like a UK Baseball game that has Matt Jones's autograph as a tattoo.
Speaker 3: We sure that's not just a sharpie, Yes, yes, Hell, I confir I do have. I guess when I break it down, I would more likely believe that the guy got a Matt Jones' autograph tattoo. On his leg than Matt Jones actually stooped down and signed some guy's leg with a sharpie, because I know how.
Speaker 1: Would not do that, would do that?
Speaker 4: No, absolutely, he's not gonna sign some guy's leg.
Speaker 1: Well, I I would think that guy probably autographs the signature that they write on their body. You've seen people do that before, right, Like, Hey, sign my arm and then I'll get that signature autographed. But Shannon, is there anybody in the world that you would be willing to autograph their name on your body.
Speaker 4: On my body?
Speaker 3: No, Like, if you want to, Shannon, the dude autograph on your body, I'll sign it now.
Speaker 1: Sure I want you to have somebody else's name on your Yeah, there's nobody in this world, hope that could do it for you. Not even the Stone Temple Pilots lead singer.
Speaker 4: He's dead. That would be a little mean. You can't get his name, dig him up and make him autograph my leg.
Speaker 1: Well, he doesn't have to autograph it. Yeah, hell so probably not him.
Speaker 4: No nobody.
Speaker 3: I'm telling Well, this guy though, he doesn't just have Matt Jones autograph, He's got like a bunch of random autographs. So this guy clearly does not care about his body. He will put anything on there. So I'm just saying, if he's willing to get all these other autographs, which I can't even read half of them, why would he not want a Billy R. Sports or a Shannon the Dude autograph on on his legs?
Speaker 4: Put the pre show. Put the pre show right next to Matt Jones autograph.
Speaker 1: I think if that guy comes to a remote, he's probably more likely to be convinced to get an autograph of Billy and Shannon than anybody else in that room. So maybe we try to make that happen. You know, I don't know, Shannon, I U. I'm somebody, like I said yesterday, could be swayed. I mean, if Don Franklin wants to do a deal and maybe we get a Don Franklin tattoo or something, Okay, I mean we'll just set it up. I mean we can get into that talking stage.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you heard, but this conversation came up on KSR yesterday and Matt was a hard know about getting a Billy R.
Speaker 4: Sports tattoo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was that about it? I mean I thought most people would be on board of getting a Billy R Sports get the most ability to test I guess your thought wrong, which gets about you? Then can we can we pass that on to you? Then what pass what on to me? Get it Billy R Sports tattoo.
Speaker 4: No, I would not get any tattoo.
Speaker 3: I'm not, no, not gonna do it if I don't have any other kind of random tattoo. What makes you think I'm going to get a tattoo of you?
Speaker 1: Oh, just because of the three years that we've spent together every morning talking about the important issues.
Speaker 3: The thing that I don't understand, Like, you know, people get married, but they will sometimes get the name tattooed of the person they're married to.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 4: I'm like, do you not realize that? Like, what is it?
Speaker 3: Sixty percent of marriages and the divorce and you're getting that person's name tattooed.
Speaker 1: It seems like a very common thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, Shannon, it's a really dumb thing.
Speaker 1: You've been in love before. You do stupid things when you're in love.
Speaker 4: Right, You've never done anything that dumb.
Speaker 1: Then you realize it's permanent. Yeah, but you know, I mean, Pete Davidson's getting every tattoo on his body removed so technology's advanced.
Speaker 3: Even the Undertaker had his wife's name tattooed across his neck and then he got divorced that he had to cover it up.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's the best look. If you're trying to be the Undertaker and you got your ex wife's name tattooed on your chest or you can see it and you've got your shirt off.
Speaker 3: She probably buried him in divorce court. So who's the real undertaker here?
Speaker 1: Another thing that didn't make a lot of sense to me, Shannon, was Corey Booker speaking for twenty five hours straight the other day. You guys brought this up on KSR, and we're not getting political about this, but Shannon some details. He didn't eat since Friday to do this on Monday. He stopped drinking water Sunday night so he could dehydrate himself enough where he had didn't have to use the bathroom for twenty five straight hours. I don't believe that that is not it.
Speaker 3: Is And I'm going to double down on what I said on ks He is panis pants. He is staring right into that camera, right into your soul, and peeing right down his leg. I'm just telling you, there's no way the guy went that long without a catheter or some He probably has diapers, He probably has the pull ups, the Huggies.
Speaker 1: And he was asked specifically, did you have a were you wearing diapers? How did you do this? And he kind of like avoided the question.
Speaker 4: Sure, that means he was.
Speaker 3: But I'm just gonna tell you Bill, anybody that can stare into your eyes, stare into your soul and peel their pants, I don't trust them. I'm just telling you that's not a trustworthy person. Like, if you're that comfortable that you can do something like that, I don't believe you.
Speaker 4: I don't believe a word you're saying.
Speaker 3: And if you talk over twenty five hours, there's probably a lot of untrue things that aren't true in your speech.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, hour four, I'm just making things up. But I you know, in a rational, confident world, I think I'm more confident I could speak for twenty five straight hours than I could not use the back for twenty five.
Speaker 4: What did you speak about for twenty five hours?
Speaker 1: Uh, it'd be a multitude of things. I mean, it wouldn't be just be one thing, Shane, And I mean we'd go through my life story. I mean, how Billy our sports the Moniker was created? Probably ok, three or four hours, so we got through Billy. Yeah so that No, So we talked about those three topics. You could probably finish the show on that. So if I gave you, like the next forty minutes, you could do that. Yeah, you're not going twenty five hours? Okay, you're right. Then I go into golf.
Speaker 4: What Here's what I want you to do? Yeah, you think you could do it?
Speaker 1: I mean, what are we going to do? Ryan Lemon? Twenty four hours of Ryan Lemon Radio?
Speaker 3: Well, challenge you on a weekend, uh, or you know you can just do twenty four hours immediately after a show starts when I get back from vacation.
Speaker 4: You go live, You go.
Speaker 1: Live, insta, install live wherever you want.
Speaker 3: To go live, and we'll see if you can talk for twenty five hours straight without stopping.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's in it for me?
Speaker 3: Well, I guess bragging rights that you actually did it?
Speaker 4: What it for you? What do you want me to do? You want me to make you I'm going to talk. You want me to make you raight hour? We're we going to make you a turkey sandwich. I mean, what do you what's in it for me?
Speaker 1: Please? I can't even remember to turn my car off. You want me to do something for free for twenty five straight hours? I need the money.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, you're over here saying you could do it. I just want to just want to see you do it.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I could do that before I could hold my.
Speaker 3: Pee for twenty five straight I got you, Okay. The difference is when you say you're gonna do something, you don't do it. When I say I'm gonna do it, I go out and walk fifty miles.
Speaker 1: It's raining outside. I can't start my walk. I've got to wait until perfect conditions for me to walk fifty miles.
Speaker 4: Give me a break.
Speaker 3: Where's your fifty mile walk? Where's your fifty mile belt buckle?
Speaker 1: Oh? I'm going to go to Walmart and I'll get a belt, and I'll be on the same level.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about the talking about that belt. I'm talking about the belt buckle you get when you walk fifty miles?
Speaker 4: Do you not know about that?
Speaker 1: I know I don't.
Speaker 3: They actually give you like a big like you know, like I'm a cowboy belt buckle thing that says fifty mile walk on it.
Speaker 1: It was when the mayor of Lexington decreed it. Shannon the d Day. I just left my eyes.
Speaker 4: You're just back. There's not a Billy R.
Speaker 3: Sport today, Shannon the Dude. Every August great, every August. Everybody has to pay homage to me on Shannon the Dude Day.
Speaker 4: What is it August twenty?
Speaker 1: You don't even know.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna start taking that day off. You should make a com day the one hour Radio.
Speaker 1: All right, eight five nine two two eight seven. I mean we're starting the summer shows, folks. It's it's gonna get a little random. We will talk about Kentucky basketball Transfer Portal season. The final four is this Saturday. I thought Jack Gibbons had some interesting comments on the Leach Report this morning. I want to reiterate some of those and we'll take some phone calls. Eight five nine two A two two eight seven. It is the show before the show, the kiss Apprecio. All right, welcome back. It is the KSR pre show, Billy R Sports, Shannon the Dude, our guy Liam producing for us this morning. Did you give Liam a playlist or something to Shannon? He's playing incubus this morning, I mean the only way he plays inkybus No. I thought maybe you were at you were the one over there sabotaging the show. The sabotage one break at a time. I mean, way to go, Liam already picking up the vibes of the show.
Speaker 4: Good stuff.
Speaker 3: I just uh, I just tweeted out, by the way, you know, you tweeted the picture of of the Matt Jones tattoo autograph. I've got the the w QMF the person that got the QMF logo tattooed on their hand. We were talking about, yeah, yesterday on the show. There it is for those of you want to see a guy's fist with the radio. I hate I hate that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I love QMF, but that is just not the right spot for that tattoo.
Speaker 6: But where is that?
Speaker 3: Okay, then break it down for me. Where exactly is the right spot on your body to get a radio station tattoo?
Speaker 1: Your shoulder shoulder, Yes, your arm.
Speaker 4: From the shoulder, back of the shoulder, top of the shoulder, like right.
Speaker 1: Here, like if I'm flexing, then you can see my bicet or you know, my tricep.
Speaker 4: I can barely I can barely see it.
Speaker 1: No, I do not say that. Stop it.
Speaker 3: Calling that a bicep does an insult biceps everywhere around the world.
Speaker 1: You wait, well, you know, listen, I'm going to join you for one of your workouts. Okay, we'll see what the biceps. I'll show you what biceps are.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: I just went up and wait two thirties. Thank you very much. I'm being vindicated a little bit. A lot of people saying and giving their times where they've you know, kept their car idling, and overall, Shannon, the consensus is it's not that big of a deal. You'll lose some gas, but you're lucky nobody stole the.
Speaker 4: Car, is it?
Speaker 3: Because though of these key list I hate keyless cars. I don't know if that makes me an old man, but I hate these things where you just go in and push the button. Since when did it become so difficult to take the key, put it in the ignition and turn it like why do we need because I won't lose my keys that way because it's not, you know, connected to the car. I usually have it in my pocket or you know, if I have it in my pocket, sometimes it'll fall between like the seat or underneath the seat. That doesn't happen when the key is actually in the ignition. So I think that I don't think that's really an improvement.
Speaker 4: I think it's worse.
Speaker 1: Well, you say it all the time, fixing a problem that doesn't need fixing, right exactly one hundred percent. That seems like it is. But if you're looking to make a little money, you should.
Speaker 4: Do it on DraftKings, Shannon, you should. The finals are here.
Speaker 3: The only things for sure is the last time to bet on college basketball this season is coming up this weekend with the Final Four. You can get in on all the action, expect it and unexpected with DraftKings Sports book with live betting, exclusive content, promos, parlays, and so much more.
Speaker 4: It is there for you.
Speaker 3: The ultimate college of basketball destination is DraftKings. If you're a new customer, bet five dollars, get one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets. You can do something simple like just picking a team to win, and then you're in with DraftKings promo code KSR.
Speaker 4: The crown is yours.
Speaker 3: If you have a gambling problem, call one eight hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only eligiblity restrictions applying new customers only.
Speaker 4: Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue.
Speaker 3: It's for additional charms were Responsible Game Resources, CEEDKNG, dot co, slash Audio.
Speaker 1: Somebody texted in and talked about watching some of the weather coverage. Bill Meck actually called his wife and daughters on the air to tell them to take cover.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 1: That's sweet, sweet thing, but also very serious with everything that's been going on. The same person also said Shannon the dude is lying. He would get a TJ make him pay tattoo or a Bob Barker tatt.
Speaker 4: I love TJ. Make them pay.
Speaker 3: I love Bob Barker. I'm not getting a tattoo of them not. Come on, No, I talked to TJ yesterday or two days ago, as a matter of fact, you know, just got a call and check him. See what's doing with TJ.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, Oh, he's making them pay. He's making everybody pay.
Speaker 4: Good, that's what he does. Man, he's the man.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe he'll pay for the tattoo.
Speaker 4: I love you, TJ. I'm not getting your face tattooed on me. Lower. I love you, but I don't love you that much.
Speaker 1: Let's take a call eight five nine two two eight seven. I believe Scott has been patiently waiting. Good morning, Scott, how are you come on?
Speaker 6: Guys?
Speaker 7: Hey, I got a quick question on this portal? Can maybe not contact the person of interest unless they would name is in the portal?
Speaker 4: I believe that's how it works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe that'd be tampering.
Speaker 7: Okay, I think it was Monday or Tuesday. There was a I don't know if a hurl another show or you're all show that some people, Uh, there are people contacted always people about making him offers. Have y'all heard anything about that?
Speaker 1: Not specifically, but I bet it happens. I mean, I think it. Wou'd be foolish to think it doesn't. I mean, I think, if you know, a different example would be Kevin Willard who just left Maryland for Villanova. I mean Shannon, he was playing with Maryland into the NCAA tournament and then takes the Villanova joab maybe one or two days after his season's over.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, maybe a little different when it comes to coaches and who they can talk to versus players, But yeah, I'm sure it happens.
Speaker 4: All the time.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you don't believe that, then you're probably the same person doesn't believe that players were getting paid before NIL, like that was happening, right, It's not supposed to happen.
Speaker 4: But does it happen? I would probably say, yeah, if I had to guess, it probably does.
Speaker 7: Would that be a guess the violation? And then against that school that's i'd packed and other people or whatever.
Speaker 3: I would think so. But I'll be honest with you right now, it's the wild West. We are in the wild West era of the portal and NIL, and I think a lot of things are falling through the cracks. I don't know the exact rule on that, Billy, maybe you do, but I would think that that would be a violation.
Speaker 1: Me And yeah, thank you, Scott, But are they really enforcing anything right now? That's what's why this court case over the next week or so is going to be a huge landmark moving forward for college athletics and IL money. We'll talk more about that and other things on the way here on the ks our Apprecia, Welcome back Billy and the Dude here on a Thursday edition of the KSR pre Show.
Speaker 3: It's like Liam knows our favorite bands or something he played in Give us for You. He's playing Stone Tiple Pilots right here for me.
Speaker 1: It's like you don't you forget about me going into breaking Yeah, he's picking up on your cue, Shannon, he's your new paddle one as just as you taught me back in the day. Enjoy Shannon the Dudes company for I guess two more days as he will be on vacation next week. We've got a lot of fun guest planned, including a former coach at the University of Indiana that's going to join us again on ool.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, excited for that. Tom Crean coming back.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean we're dropping names, but hopefully I mean as well.
Speaker 3: I mean, unless it's gonna be like Dan Dackage. I mean that would be all crazier ultimate troll move. And Corey Price is here in studio.
Speaker 1: Cory and Dan, how are you doing? Two eight seven? Give us a call. You can also tweet us where Big Blue Mook said. So, what you're saying is that I shouldn't trust my six month old dude constantly peas and other things in his pants while staring into my eyes.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I'm saying, would you trust a six month old with anything? No, they can't even talk yet.
Speaker 1: No. But I'm sure the next postgame show we have will have a parent with their six month old wanting to get on yep.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure you'll make them cry like you always do.
Speaker 1: Not always, oh, just a casion.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, like on the postgame show, there's at least a thirty percent chance Billy's gonna make somebody cry.
Speaker 1: That hung up on that kid, Harper. I remember the dad sent the photo of Harper crying into Matt. Yeah, and then Matt gave him tickets anyway, regardless. So I'd like to think that I was the reason why Harper got tickets.
Speaker 3: But everybody thinks that I'm the grumpy guy here, but it's really Billy.
Speaker 4: Oh and I will also say, Matt also in.
Speaker 3: Real life, gets very grumpy. He gets very very grumpy. Billy, you know this, Matt gets very grumpy. He calls me grumpy. But doesn't Matt not get very grumpy.
Speaker 1: Mag gets grumpy.
Speaker 4: He does.
Speaker 1: Matt also likes to pit each us against each other.
Speaker 3: Well that's always yeah, but see he tried that at the beginning. Now, it doesn't work. So now he's just he's he's feuding with you. I feel like, yeah, more than anything. But you know, while we're on this subject, you know, I don't know if you saw when we were in Milwaukee, Matt went to the UK practice before I think it was before the Troy game, and he he saw Jack Gibbings Goose Givens and he interviewed him for you know, a little social media video, and Matt was asking, like, what do you think about this person? And he was going down the line, just naming off different media members and stuff, and he got to Drew Franklin and Goose's reaction was, well, he's a little grumpy, you know. And and we thought, we thought, well, surely Goose is confusing Drew with me. And it turns out when I talked to Goose last week, I go, did you buy a chance confuse me with Drew Franklin?
Speaker 4: He goes, yeah, I did, Yeah, he did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So he was actually talking about me, And I go, no, Jack, you don't really think I'm that grumpy?
Speaker 4: Do Yeah?
Speaker 3: He's like, no, no, no, you just you have a different perspective than the other guys.
Speaker 4: He's like, you need that on the show it makes the show better.
Speaker 3: And I go, yeah, I agree, because who wants to listen to a show where four guys all agree with each other?
Speaker 4: Like, what kind of show would that be?
Speaker 1: Oh, a contrarian would be a little bit better than grumpy shit. Yeah, okay, sure, I had to head a couple of talks about some of your opinions, but yes.
Speaker 4: My opinions are what they are, they are they are.
Speaker 1: That's funny though. Speaking of Jack, he was on with Tom Leach this morning and I thought he had some interesting comic schin I want to get your opinion on it. You know, he was talking a little bit about freshman Biggs in how when they come out of high school they're not mean enough Shannon. So when he was talking about Malachi Moreno, he was talking about Malachi having to get a lot meaner if he's going to have to compete in the SEC Shannon, I want to ask you who do you think was the meanest person on the Kentucky team this last year?
Speaker 4: Brandon Garrison?
Speaker 1: Well, he was a fireball.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, yes, I mean is there like, Okay, who are the contenders here?
Speaker 1: Let's go down the roster, not Amari, because that was my first thought, because Amari really good efficient when it comes to Kim Palm numbers. But I mean, you couldn't get that guy to say ten words during a game.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay? And he kept to himself okay, like otaga Oway? Was he mean?
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like he got beat up a lot during the season, but I didn't see him like punching anybody in the face.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: No, it's not like physical play that dictated mean.
Speaker 3: Andrew Carr, No, he seems like an all around great person, nice guy. Can't be mean with the backage exactly la Motte Butler a hell of a competitor.
Speaker 4: But was he mean? No, I don't really think he was mean.
Speaker 3: No, Travis Perry, Trent Noah. I mean, any of those guys, Angley amanor.
Speaker 1: Well maybe it is maybe bg is this is the answer.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's the only guy that's like flexing on people after he dunks in their face.
Speaker 1: Well, the Oklahoma thing, that was personal, right, And these guys had been playing there for years and they get a big emotional victory and beg about cost the team the game, right, I mean, if there was point one second left on that clock, they're shooting free throws after a technical and it could easily gone the other way. BG's a guy that I think many expect to stay in the Blue and White this year. But interesting comments that you got to be meaner.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 3: I totally agree with what Goose is saying. I think, you know, a lot of these high school players is coming in, especially to the which is such a physical league. Every single night, I feel like they get a root awakening. You know, if you come in and you play soft, you're gonna get bullied. I mean, there's a lot of bullyball that's played in the SEC, and you either adapt or die. And I feel like a lot of players coming in from high school just have never played that type of played the game with that type of physicality that you have in the SEC.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if Kentucky got meaner as the year progressed, but they embraced physicality more. And when that happens, you can attack more, you can be more aggressive. That leads to more calls in your favor instead of vice versa. And I think that all started to come together for Kentucky after that Old Miss game and they started to improve those defensive numbers, but we'll see who they get in the transfer portal. That's mean enough to play on the team this year. Let's go back to the phones. Shannon eight five nine two eight Zho two two eight seven. Peanut is on the line. What's that Peanut?
Speaker 6: All right? I got it going today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, Bobcat this morning sounds like, well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm running the edge right now, so high. That's why I call. I'm not messing with that too.
Speaker 4: Wet unless you hit yeah, too wet for the Bobcat.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, we ain't been getting no ring down here.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're in like Florida, aren't you. Yeah, all right, I'll be down there.
Speaker 6: It was, it was it was ninety What else you got for us?
Speaker 2: Got?
Speaker 6: Especially you billy you you had the uh Western Yeah. Have you ever seen have you ever seen a white squirrel?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, they are everywhere down there.
Speaker 6: I heard there was a lot of that. I'll saw the other day here in Florida. I've never seen one in my life. And yeah, my Thasin actually run White Square Brewery, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great place to get a drink.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: They've made it kind of an unofficial mascot down there they'll sell merch with white squirrels on it. And it's not like you see one every day, but you go buy the right trees and the right uh you know, places where you can go to class, you'll you'll definitely see one on campus.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks to the thanks, I had to look this up myself.
Speaker 4: An albino squirrel. I believe it's what they're called.
Speaker 3: And it looks like it's got I mean, it's it's solid white and it has white it has red eyes. I mean it looks like something straight out of like a sci fi like b horror movie that you would, you know, if you turned it on at two o'clock in the morning and they would be like.
Speaker 4: You know, the albino squirrel. I mean that it looks exactly like something out of a movie, not.
Speaker 1: Something you want looking back at you through your window.
Speaker 4: Maybe at night, oh my god, no, no.
Speaker 1: Maybe like following you around while you're walking on campus.
Speaker 4: It looks demonic to me. That's your white.
Speaker 1: Squirrel on Western Kentucky's campus. Eight five nine two eight oh two two eight seven. Lee is next on the line. Good morning, Lee, How are you, hey, guys?
Speaker 5: How y'all doing doing great? I got I got a quo or I heard Ryan's horrible April Fool's jokes the other day, and so what I think that in seventh grade, me and my best friend pulled off one of the best April Fools jokes of all time. I want your opinion, all right. I went to a small Christian school, very small Christian school, and so him and I went through and changed all the clocks in the whole school, which is a church building. I had like two ridiculous hoping that they would maybe get fooled for a second, but didn't realize it. And we broke into the pastor's office, changed his clock, changed the clock in the principal's office, every clock in the building, even one of the watches on one of the teachers.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, they started.
Speaker 5: She looked at her watch, realized, oh my goodness, it's time to dismiss school. Where did the time go so again, small Christian school. So they're running around like crazy. They get us the closing assembly and they're about to dismiss us two and a half half hours early. And at the last minute, the principal looked at her watch and realized what was going on. And I'm sitting there going I'm about to get murdered, and she she thought it was so funny. She gave us the rest of the day of the free time.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool. Wow, So did you set all the clocks to the same time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we set all the clothes at the same time, so no matter where they went, it was the And then the one teacher, I said, I need to be time to do this test. So she handed me her watch and I was able to set her watch.
Speaker 1: But the principal, I love that move.
Speaker 5: Finally, she's the one that finally caught it. But I'm talking about we were just seconds away from being I dismissed, and I'm suddenly going I'm going to get grounded.
Speaker 7: But it's worth it.
Speaker 4: That was pretty solid. I like that one.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't I wouldn't ever say anybody should break into a church or a pastor's office.
Speaker 5: I was already I was already in the church, and I'm a pastor now, so I would forget.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, last last one.
Speaker 5: Last one, last thing he made he to Billy, made fun of you for changing your run or your fifty mile walk because of rain. He didn't do anything. I'm three hundred pounds of bad ankles, and I'm pretty sure I could walk further than Billy.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, look at that.
Speaker 3: I want to make better Whiskey Thief Call of the Day go by Whiskey Thief is stilly. Company's still a taste of cut, unfoted whiskey straight from the barrel. Book a tour whiskey thief dot com.
Speaker 4: What do you think about that?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not one to doubt a man of God, but.
Speaker 3: A pastor, I'm pretty sure a pastor just trash talk to you on live radio. He did, he did, He just kind of can you say back to a pastor?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 3: You can't like slam the pastor back, But man, he just got you.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, I'll just take it. I'm not gonna not gonna fight man, Rabbi.
Speaker 4: I want to call in and yeah, please, let's come on.
Speaker 1: We got one more segment of Pope wants want to make fun of me. Bring it. We'll take a break. I got more topics that we'll get to eight five two two two eighty seven. If you'd like to join the show Shannon and Billy on a Thursday edition of the ksrpre Show, we'll be all right, welcome back. It's our final segment. Billy and the Dude. Corey Price found mention of albino squirrels on Western Kentucky's campus as early as nineteen thirty nine, and so they've been around for a while.
Speaker 3: I don't think they just started in nineteen thirty nine, though, I'm sure that they existed in time before then.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, just being recognized at Western since then. Also, another person says white squirrels are completely different than albino squirrels. White squirrels are all over bowling green, but they aren't albino. But I guess we'll never know.
Speaker 4: Shannon thought the little definitions. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Friends, I have a gift I want to give Shannon the Dude. But before we do that, Shannon, you have a book recommendation for our audience. I do.
Speaker 3: You were just mentioning WKU and there's a wk you graduate, Stephen Hope, who has written a book about addiction and addiction just hit Kentucky harder than anywhere. And if you may, we have somebody close in your life that is battling addiction and substance abuse.
Speaker 4: Here's a book you need to check out.
Speaker 3: It's called I Am Hope and you can check that out on Amazon. It's also on Apple as well. And Steven Hope, a Kentucky native grew up in Henderson County, wrote this book and talks about what his experience was like because he lived that life that I'm talking about, growing up in a home with you know, parents who were dealing with substance abuse, and it's a powerful resource for anybody who may be in that same situation. He wants you to know that you're not alone, and he wrote this book to sort of share his experience and to help prepare others who are in that same or similar situation and how to move forward certain you know how he felt in certain moments and want it enabled him to keep moving and keep going forward in his life. It's I Am Hope and you can check it out, like I said, on Apple or on Amazon. True story from Steven Hope, I Am Hope. So please check that out if you would.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Shanne. Now I said I have a gift for you. I have an actual physical gift to give you, Shannon. Oh really, and I listening to work. Well, I'm going to be in Louisville later today Terry Show from three to six, so I will have the opportunity to be in the Louisville studio so I can drop it off or I can see you there. Yesterday we learned that the honey is the only food in the world that never expires. Shannon, I have I'm going to give you one of my twinkies here in my special box right here, from two Christmases ago, best by January seventeenth, twenty twenty four. But I can imagine it is in the same category as honey, as food that never expires. So I will bring this to the studio.
Speaker 4: Thank you, man. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's only fourteen months expired. I would say you could eat that and be totally fine. We're trying to get Ryan. We're trying to get Ryan to eat one on the air yesterday he chickened out, he wouldn't do it. But I think that twinkies are one of those things that I mean, if you eat it, you're gonna be fine. I mean, I'm not telling I'm not giving advice. I'm not saying anybody should do that, but I'm saying, like, if you give me that twinkie, I will eat it.
Speaker 4: I will.
Speaker 3: I'll show you that it's perfectly fine to eat a mean fourteenth month you know, expired twinkie.
Speaker 4: And that's right.
Speaker 1: Cockroaches in this twinkie is going to be what's left if there is a nuclear war, Shannon. I mean, these will be ready to go when you need them most. So I will leave this in your KSR studio if I don't see you later.
Speaker 4: Is it still soft or is it? Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh, well it's gotten a little hard. Yeah, I mean it's it's a little bit harder than it once was.
Speaker 4: You can just just dip it in some.
Speaker 1: Water, well, maybe your hazelnut creamer coffee when you have each morning. Shout out to the softball team that beat Louisville yesterday eight to three after scoring five runs in the top of the seventh. Congratulation to coach Lawson and the softball team. The baseball team starts a three game series today versus Ole, Miss weather permitting I am assuming, I mean this game is being played at Kentucky.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we'll see. I would we'll see.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I highly doubt though that that's gonna happen. We'll see.
Speaker 1: And the Braves are zero to seven after losing again.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I kind of called this a couple of days ago, did on O. I said, there's a high likelihood that the Braves are going to start zhe to seven on the road against San Diego and a three game series on.
Speaker 4: The road with LA. They're terrible, man, they really are.
Speaker 1: They're tough a back to back series. I mean, I don't know if how good the Braves are this year, but any team would struggle with those two series backs.
Speaker 3: But you should at least win a couple of games. The Braves can be bothered to win a single game, couldn't win one for you? It is because I mean before last night they had scored two runs in four games total.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, do they have the torpedo bats? Do we need to get that over there?
Speaker 3: We need to give them like those big like things that like cricket players play with the paddle.
Speaker 4: That's what the Braves need. They're awful, man, I don't know. Like.
Speaker 3: The good thing is he got one hundred and fifty five games left, so there's still hope.
Speaker 1: Well see what Chipper Jones is doing.
Speaker 3: Maybe he'll come back and he's commentating. He's the commentation is he is he doing them and Tom Glavin. It's like, my, uh, you know, all the guys that I grew up idolizing in the nineties are now the commentary team. John Smoltz, John National is the color guy, and yeah he's a eight color commentator, does a great job.
Speaker 1: Great announcer. Judy is on the line. Judy, how are you doing this morning?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great.
Speaker 5: How are you all well?
Speaker 1: Doing good?
Speaker 2: I've got two things. I listened to Dick Gabriel last night and they were talking about all the threes that were thrown up and made, but they didn't mention Montgomery County at sixteen, which was a record. I wish they should have said that. And then the other thing, which is funny, is in the Elite eight, Tennessee scored fifteen points at halftime, and that was a record of the lowest number of points scored by one or two seeds in the Elite eight.
Speaker 4: Why didn't they do that? It gains Kentucky the night of we needed that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I thought that was great. And then the other thing is just that I hope anybody wins.
Speaker 3: But anybody, even Louisville in Tennessee, you're fine with them.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I was the final four, final four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, they're not fine, all right.
Speaker 3: I thought she just meant in general, anybody so the other three teams then okay, gotcha?
Speaker 4: All right, Judy, thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you, Judy. I agree with you, and shout out to Montgomery County for breaking those that three record. Quickly, about thirty seconds, Rusty is on the line, Rusty, what do you got for us?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 8: I got two quick things about operation date. Honey doesn't expire. Typically, if it's stored improperly, the the viscotsy of it will evaporate the you know, it's kind of the water park, it'll turn back into sugar. And then secondly, a lot of things actually don't expire before the expiration date.
Speaker 7: Typically, what they're stored.
Speaker 8: In is what's expiring. Like Himmelain salt. Obviously it's many millions.
Speaker 5: Of years old.
Speaker 8: It's it's in a jar. The jar says it expires. The salt itself doesn't expire, but the storage item that it's in, that it's in actually has an expiration date, like the plastics, breakdown glass.
Speaker 7: Whatever it's stored in.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's actually where The expiration date typically comes from on packaged materials like twinkies. Probably don't expire, but the plastic gets wrapped.
Speaker 4: Gotcha.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the twinkie doesn't with this plastic around it.
Speaker 3: All right, gotcha, Thanks for the call. Yeah, I think the expiration, Billy is just moral. I'll say, uh, it's a suggestion. It's what it is, more.
Speaker 4: Than the rule.
Speaker 1: But not on all things, just on twinkies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if it doses the smell test, you're good to go in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Draftingest, of course it does.
Speaker 3: Promo code ksr bet five dollars, get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets four new customers only on DraftKings. The crown is yours gambling problem called one hundred gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only eligibley restrictions applying your customers only. Bonus bets expired one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance, additional turns and responsible gaming Resources DKNJ dot COO slash audio.
Speaker 1: All right, Ryan and Drew are at the bar. That's going to do it for us. For Shannon the dude, I am Billy Rutledge. We will talk to you tomorrow on the case our appreciate see then