Speaker 1: Speaks to the planet.
Speaker 2: I go by the name of Charlamagne Tha God and guess what, I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black.
Speaker 3: Effect Podcast Festival.
Speaker 2: That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poeman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions, Decisions Man, DyB and Weezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money podcast were taking Jay Valentine. You got the Women of All podcasts with Saray Jake Roberts, we got Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast, and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, you don't want to miss this.
Speaker 2: Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 4: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Senners Podcast with your hosts Now fuck that with your load glasses, Malone.
Speaker 1: Just subconsciously start working on your eating now, No No I'm consciously start working on my eating.
Speaker 5: I said, you know, I feel like subconsciously you were shaming me.
Speaker 1: How am I subconsciously shamed that? You didn't even know you was doing it? Remember everybody listening to you? So, oh is everybody listening to me? Okay that Oh it's all right.
Speaker 5: How am I subconscious No, it's all right, that's for another day.
Speaker 1: I didn't know everybody was listening to that conversation. Yeah, yeah, they listening. Now, okay, well let's go ahead and start. You know, this is what excuse excuse me.
Speaker 4: This is what the whole stream is about, though, about what real conversations.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that was you know, that wasn't a real real conversation. That was feeler you know because okay, when I say subconsciously shame in me? Is I said that because when you bring up how to eat to Live?
Speaker 1: I remembered on my time.
Speaker 5: You know, uh, as a I don't want to say I act to see Muslim, because I'm always a Muslim.
Speaker 1: But when I was in the Nation of it is they got you together?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they Oh they definitely got me to oh really cleaned me up?
Speaker 1: Yes they did.
Speaker 5: But reading that book That's what brings back to where I say shame, because I always hear you know, you got a shame of man to change a man. That's what they used to always say to me. Yeah, that's what they used to say to me.
Speaker 1: Oh, I get what's said.
Speaker 5: So when you say that, it brings me back to those days. That's why I say it subconsciously.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're just been a shame. It's not something I'm doing. It's something you.
Speaker 5: Feel the vehicle is coming through you. So that's why I say I'm changing my eating. Now, I'm gonna start trying to you know, get my eating Ryan, look at more carbohydrates and stuff like that, because I look at how you work out and do what you do.
Speaker 4: The biggest thing, like I said, I just started looking at food like energy. Every now and then I'll like divulge in it and just for taste. Like when I went to that thing, I grabbed some barbecue because I went early. I went to my older brother's party. Shout out to my brother Pool, Yesterday was his birthday. Happy birthday to my big brother. Happy birthday, Pool, Happy Birthday, Joey west Side. Today's Joey west Side Birthday. Joe happy birthday. So I went to his birthday party Saturday night and I got there early. So Wood's Barbecue is right across the street from Wood's Barbecue on Inglewood, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, let me just go get something.
Speaker 4: I haven't had nothing, but I already knew at that time I had eight already, so I wasn't gonna eat it that day, but I was like, I eat it tomorrow because I'm in the city to me grab it.
Speaker 1: So after I grab it, I get it.
Speaker 4: The next day and I'm like, Okay, I'm gonna eat this barbecue right, but I'm eat it really early because I don't want to be sitting around with beef and chicken just on me too late. So instead of eating like at three o'clock in the afternoon like I always do, I ate it at twelve, maybe even eleven thirty. That's how early I ate it. I ate you real early too, to really make sure I had time to digest it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: When I tell you this morning, before I went to workout, man, my stomach was hurting so bad. Man, that shit tore me up. And I don't think it was the food as much as it was spicy.
Speaker 1: Could it be you ate out of sink.
Speaker 4: Definitely eating out of sink. But I could tell how much my body was working a process at all.
Speaker 1: So that wasn't like good carbohydrates. That was a bad meal or was it?
Speaker 4: Like I didn't really have too many starches with it, like only like this little small cup of potato salad. But it was just too much protein without vegetables.
Speaker 1: You think the sauce matter. The sauce is a big part the sauce. But I like woodies. I'm one of the people.
Speaker 4: I don't really I like woodies in Phillips, you know what I'm saying, Like I grew up on that, you know what I mean, going.
Speaker 1: Over there to get that stuff.
Speaker 4: So but I just think I haven't like I've been eating a really good balance of shit, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Every meal. I don't need.
Speaker 4: Starches unless I'm working hard. Today I didn't do any starches. What's what's starches?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: What foods is starches? Weat like bread, potatoes, but carbohydrates like wheat and stuff like that. Was getting carbohydrates. Everything is gonna turn into a car.
Speaker 4: Somethings start off that way, right, So like bread, potatoes, pasta, all stuff that's for like when you pour, you know what I mean, you get that to stretch meals.
Speaker 1: When you pour, you get that stuff to stretch meals.
Speaker 4: But when you start making some money and you could afford it, you don't need it as much. Think about every great poor thing probably has something to do with starches. Tacos is the tortilla shells. Burritos are tortilla shehells pasta. You know, that's poor northern Italian people, right, that's that's the pasta. It's all like that even for us, like you know, we grew up in black household especially if you grew up like us, you know, and poor households. Right, it's a ton of starches with every meal. You know, we had put a rice with a potato and some bread and ship, you know. And then fast food is a bunch of starches hamburgers with fries. So you know, that's a real serious surfplus of energy. Like most of the time we're not doing nothing to deal with that much energy. So then the energy just gets misplaced and hence you have what you call fat.
Speaker 1: So what's good color hydrates to eat?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's everything, everything has farbs in it, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everything has carves in it, and to glasses to what glasses just said. Money has a lot to do with it too, because the better quality of starts as you buy and the way you make prepare them a long goes a long way, and how it digests and how it huge your body. So Glasses is to a point where he's eating. You know he's making his mills good. You know he not over seasoning, and you know he not. I think that maybe because the better you eat when you eat something like woodies or it kind of messes up your stomach now because your stomach is so it's it's it's man. When I talk to people about it, it's kind of like fus like eighty seven, eighty nine ninety one, Like you're putting a bunch of ninety one in your body and it burns slower and better. But if you put that eighty seven in it, it starts, you know, messing up your car, but worse now because.
Speaker 4: So so fuel now this is his specialty, this now cars. I'm a car guy. So the catch with fuel is right, is octane is a conversation of more like volatile and more like The lower the octane, the more volatile the fuel right. And so if you've ever been around people that mess with engines and cars, they talk about this thing called pinging.
Speaker 1: You hear people be like, oh his car pinging. I'd be wondering what does that mean? So it's detonation.
Speaker 4: That means the fuel is exploding before it gets to the exact point it's supposed to explode.
Speaker 1: So what makes a.
Speaker 4: Car run right, is right, it's an internal combustion engine, right, So it's an explosion happening right between oxygen fuel and it's exploding and it's knocking the piston down that turns the crank, turns of trans.
Speaker 1: That's the whole thing. It's a big old air pump.
Speaker 4: The lower the octane eighty seven is more volative, so it can be in other places of the engine that's just hot in your engine and exploding ninety one it's more stable. So like in race cars, like we use one hundred octane one ti in octane one hundred eighteen octained because it's more stable.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like that's maybe that could have been why your stomach shirt this morning?
Speaker 1: Yeah? For sure.
Speaker 4: Okay, not even a question, But I mean I don't regret it, like you know at the end of the day, like I make enough sacrifices to where I'm not really worried about it. I'm not really you know, losing my mind about it, like it's not no thing like that just means I'm not gonna eat nothing today, like I'm a.
Speaker 1: So even though I worked out, I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 4: I did a cucumber and pineapple fresh juice right with a bunch of ginger, and then I'll do a regular meal because I know I got energy left over from Saturday.
Speaker 1: Sunday, I'll do a regular meal. I won't need it.
Speaker 4: Today was my best workout honestly since since we started back working my legs and stuff. This was my I'm not dying, But I think that is a combo of walking. You know what I'm saying, Sona, That Sogna that five days I did that, Sona, Like that's why your body start to crap. It's like, oh, okay, Like, oh I need to really get on it, because this means now I can focus. Like today I was able to focus on boxing. I wasn't really tripping off like being tired. It was like, okay, I'm tired, but okay, I'm good but when you don't, when you're not conditioned. Man, you trying to focus on how I'm a stand up today. I was able to listen, take the information. Okay, think tell him what I'm trying to do. Tell him, you know what do you think?
Speaker 1: Listen?
Speaker 4: Because my condition and even in a week or two weeks, it's been two weeks and I'm already better.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: I thought we could have went another round to be here exactly.
Speaker 4: So my so that's eating you know, the fuel, So same thing with cars, right, the higher the octane, the less volatile. You don't want extremely volatile flu you're fuel in your car because all the metal when your engine is getting hot. So if it's extremely volatile flu a fuel, it'll just explode everywhere.
Speaker 1: That's detonation or opinion.
Speaker 4: It's exploding places it shouldn't instead of just in that specific chamber that it's created for.
Speaker 1: That's fuel. Gas.
Speaker 4: I mean food is the same way. Senre's live Lunch Hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon right here specific standard time digital soapbot. Click that thumb up like this motherfucker me. We do this to support the stream the No Seilings podcasts. Look below in the YouTube description, Uh, we just dropped the episode conversations on storytelling storytellers. I want to expand on that and tell y'all how everybody in the industry is nothing but a storyteller.
Speaker 1: Every position is just a storyteller. And it works for me.
Speaker 4: The more and more I realize because innately I'm a storyteller, but I didn't realize it. But it's a really great part. You should check it out of your artist if you got any kind of business. It's really dope how we talk about marketing. Look below in the YouTube description you can listen to the No Sellings Podcast on Apple Podcasts, iHeart Podcasts or anywhere you get your podcasts from The No Sellings Podcast executive produced by Charlottagne and God the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeart get this thing going.
Speaker 1: So yeah, today was my best workout. There's been a month. We didn't really get to work out last like thirty a lot.
Speaker 4: But the walking, yeah, I mean walking and the signer has really been big.
Speaker 1: Why do you think the sign has been so big for you?
Speaker 4: So I ain't really studied it. I shout out to Cam and YB you know, brothers in the nation. They put that on my heart, real tough. They was like, yo, you gotta.
Speaker 1: Use the signer. You know. They all they do is study the body, shout out to the nation. The nation. Don't get enough credit.
Speaker 4: People think they're a bunch of brothers running around, so I'm crazy. But they really scientists and they study everything, you know, so they are really paying attention and they doing a lot of long term study. So the innate thing is obviously people think you're sweating out the toxins, you know, if everything you eat. Oh, so as I start losing that sixty five pounds, right, I realized I lost weight when I pissed, not when I went to the toilet and did a number two and defecated. But when I did a piss, I pissed, I would lose weight. That was like big, That fucked me up. I probably weighed myself over the I started this journey, what about nine months ago, eight months ago, maybe ten months ago. This a little bit, but I was I probably weighed myself three hundred times in that time.
Speaker 3: Just start making more sense to why boxers sweated out instead of right.
Speaker 4: Or high blood pressure, Like all of this shit goes into your bloodstream and close it up. Everything is liquid, right, So then I started looking at congestion different.
Speaker 1: So congestion is just bullshit. It's all liquid, right.
Speaker 4: It's why when you fact, your body look like a bag of water, not a bag of trash.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean it be like floppy. I mean, so.
Speaker 4: Pissing was big, Like I realized pissing is how you really get everything out. That was something I checked myself, so obviously building on that. And then we talked about water too, like water being big on like I used to think it was gravity fed, like when you use the bathroom, so I drink So now you know I've been drinking a gallon of water, crazy.
Speaker 1: Like, well things must come out kind of thing, or well, I'm thinking, you know you're drinking it, so it's just pushing it.
Speaker 4: Nah, it gotta be like electronics, Like your body is current.
Speaker 1: It's making your body. It's like it's almost like that movie like the Matrix, where all of the stuff is currents.
Speaker 4: It's like it's electrical currents for your body, and that's what's making your body correctly performed.
Speaker 1: So I don't think it's just gravity fed of drinking.
Speaker 4: Water as much as could be that, but it's also this ship is making your colon work. Push ship down, it's giving it the energy to keep working correctly or.
Speaker 1: Efficiently, right, efficiently. That's the way for me. So water became the centerpiece and then pissing. So will water be like oil to a car?
Speaker 5: No, because water is water because water in the car Okay, through the engine, yo you water?
Speaker 1: Okay, water is water. Okay, blood is more like oil, you see me.
Speaker 4: But water water period to the earth, everything, everything around this what fucking water. But so I think the sign to his point, because I think the SIGNA is like, I think it's definitely pushing shit out, so whatever is at the top of it, you know. I mean I think that's why they said your skin go bad and different stuff, right, because it.
Speaker 1: Starts to reveal whatever is going on in your body. So toxins get stuck.
Speaker 4: So water so drinking water, and then the SIGNA immediately starts taking everything out, opens up your pores and every every.
Speaker 1: Side started coming out. But also it raises your heart rate, right, it raises your heart rate. That's another thing.
Speaker 4: Like and I remember coming out to sign I had walked two miles and then I went to the sauna. Man I thought I was finna die. I stayed there like it was right back to back. I stayed there for thirty minutes. But when I came out that signing and then I stand up for the whole thirty minutes, so you know, it's extra hot. And I came out that motherfucker. I laid my back on that chair, say back. I could feel my heart beat out the damn back out of my back. That's how bad it was.
Speaker 3: H Yeah, I felt the same way first time I went to the first time went to sign up partly like two years ago, somebody got me on this sign of tip too. I went in there, I came out, my heart was racing. I felt like I felt busy, a little bit worked out. Yeah, I was like, what's that? Yeah, but uh, you gotta get're getting me back in this signer too.
Speaker 1: I gotta get back in this. Can't be going to that motherfucker going to King.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How do you feel when you're going there? Oh man, it's a peaceful thing.
Speaker 5: And I work on my breathing, you know, I work on my breathing because I wanted to get that heat into my lungs, you know, and burn what's in there.
Speaker 3: Too, and so I work on my breathing in there. You'll have an area where you're sitting, y'all. Try to get closer to the heat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's make it up on top, or if I have to stand, I try to stand right by the heat. You got those door openers opening the door every two seconds. Sometimes it's welcome.
Speaker 4: Fucking asshole. And this motherfucker pouring water on the stones. Man almost cuts this little man out, dog like you know this gas and electricity. This ain't no motherfucking you, not in no old bath house in the nineteen twenties.
Speaker 1: Nigga. You know, like you how you pour water on the phone. No, I've seen this.
Speaker 4: No, that is not what that is. Hookah, nigga's letting off of gas.
Speaker 1: Nigga kill usselfing the killing, y'all. It's haack sometimes too.
Speaker 4: No, that's sign that's tying to give your workout. They don't give you the They don't give you the workout.
Speaker 1: Like the muscle.
Speaker 4: You know, whatever working out does the muscles, what it does, It flexes the tenders and stuff for every other part.
Speaker 5: The heart rate, it's like internal workout. It's like a respiratory thing. And that's another thing they associate with that. Shout out to name bron yup, I only drank springwater. You want to go to the sauna and breathe it in and to help you, you know, come over cold.
Speaker 4: I drank one of these every day. Plus right, it's a spring water. That's that's what the nae you swear aby the spring water shout out. Shout out to Israel, what's happening to playboy? He said, don't over exhaust yourself. Ge I did it once and almost passed out. That was that day. That was that day, Ezy. I came out that motherfucking dog. Shout out to the lunch table. Man, everybody at the lunch table, forgive me. I know I've been on this cold. Rank Cors Fats Les Diamond, what's up?
Speaker 1: Money? Was haddening? Squish? Thank you for moderating roughians fast?
Speaker 7: What up?
Speaker 1: Cup Brand?
Speaker 6: No cut?
Speaker 1: What up? D T Tree? What's the deal being? What's up? Bro? Marcus? What's the deal?
Speaker 3: Mick?
Speaker 1: What's haddening in this thing?
Speaker 7: Cooking?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: Gino? What up for? Gee?
Speaker 1: I gotta do your song this week?
Speaker 6: Right? What up? So?
Speaker 1: And I man?
Speaker 6: Is he?
Speaker 4: I got that motherfucker dog I came out that ship, I was I had.
Speaker 1: To sit down.
Speaker 4: Past I was like, holy shit. And then the next day I went and did it again. I don't know why, but I was way better. So, but that's another thing, King, I wanted to make sure I caught that breathing. Another way you lose weight is breathing too. It's healing. So like I've been practicing on breathing a lot, more walking, boxing, shina. That's what I focus on is just breathing, good breaths and shit. So it's been a it's been fun. Man, It's it's it's a challenge, you know what I'm saying. It's something to see, it's something to see.
Speaker 5: Health is you know something that I think we're starting to lack of respect of is our health. You know, we're taking it for granted that we just walk around and do what we do, you know, really look at ourselves and longevity.
Speaker 1: I don't think shout out.
Speaker 4: To V I don't need no sign. I live in Arizona, W twelve sona yeah outside son, but no.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So that that was a trick like that, and that's all and that's all I've really been doing. So Yeah, that that's the trick with food. Food is the fuel. So it's like today, because I'm I still got extra fuel from that barbecue.
Speaker 1: I only need a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 4: I probably do something simple like a like a regular dinner, like a three go whip.
Speaker 1: Up something cool.
Speaker 4: I mean, but this juice is all I really needed, you know what I mean? And this is the cucumber and pineapple. Just do a good thing for you.
Speaker 5: You still get hunger pains now or do you started getting those calm down where you don't experience those no more?
Speaker 4: So if I try to eat four hundred calories or something outside, I'm going.
Speaker 1: To be starving at the end of the night. Burst one hundred one slow.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Real food at home is like one hundred and twelve octane two octane, like you know West Gas.
Speaker 1: I think in the West Gas they call it nice. Outside Gas, they're like one two our team. Man. That's at home food. Man.
Speaker 4: I could I can make myself two thousand chicken some vegetables and eat a fucking apple and I probably can go seventy two hours without eating.
Speaker 1: But if you really think about it, that's what we used to do. That's what they say. They swear about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it's like, feel me like that shit crazy. I eat a fucking double double for windies, all that shit, and that ship like eighty five coming, it's going just swallowing it, exploding everywhere.
Speaker 1: That ship. You don't get nothing. Man.
Speaker 5: I eat that ship at three because I eat dinner at three. I eat that shit at three. At eight nine o'clock, I'm starving. I'm finna go destroy all the chip so then I'm a compound of dumb ship by eating some more bush shit, all the chips, me everything, because now I'm just trying to cure whatever. So I think something in the food out you know whatever maybe is industrial food or how they bind it. I think it lacks in carbs or mineral excuse me, and minerals and envitamins. Something is missing in there, because that's all hunger.
Speaker 1: Gotta be right.
Speaker 4: It's your body is calling for minerals vitamins to power itself. So even if I go get a thousand calorie or twelve hundred calorie big mac meals something about that shit is like eighty five or eighty three octane. That shit is fucked up, fucked up like I'll be. I'm talking about starving like like like, like I have an eight starving.
Speaker 3: And the good thing that you got going on for yourself right now is that you understand your body. You understanding what time you can eat and what you can eat to maintain your day whatever you got going on.
Speaker 1: So that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: A lot of people got to really start trying to understand their own bodies because everybody ain't the same. Like everybody think I'm able to eat at three and I'm gonna be like everybody got to understand how they body works.
Speaker 1: So that's a good thing.
Speaker 7: Going you know, I'm going on on seven years, Vegan, I know.
Speaker 1: You remember he was telling me that shit crazy.
Speaker 3: Do you feel a big difference with that six yeah? Like so, yeah, a huge difference.
Speaker 7: One of the biggest differences that I don't think is spoken about is I haven't been sick in at least six years, like not even a common cold, Like anytime I feel like a symptom of anything, you know, how you feel it the night before, I like, damn, feel hot, I feel like, you know, scratchy, and I'll just go to sleep. I don't take no medicine or nothing. I'll just literally go to sleep when I wake up and I'm completely normal. So that's a huge thing. But obviously I didn't realize that was going to happen early on when I first did it. But the biggest difference that I saw at the beginning was I went vegan. When I was in I heard my foot boxing and I was out, like I didn't know what it was. I kept going on the doctors and stuff like that, so I couldn't work out at all. I went vegan, and in ninety days I lost thirty pounds zero cardio damn. And I'm like, damn. So so that part I was like, so I just had like it started to kind of like, you know, the whole thought process of of what could be possible, like just hanging around for thirty you know, ninety days, I'm not working out to work it off. I just stopped. I just changed my eating average.
Speaker 1: Hey six, let me ask you.
Speaker 3: I got two questions for you, because I've always thought about going vegan. But the things that kind of make me nervous when I when I talk to friends or I read up on it, energy level and being able to keep muscle mass.
Speaker 7: Great quest.
Speaker 1: Do you find any difficulties with either one of those?
Speaker 7: So what I didn't know because it was a it was and still is pretty solo journey of mine. So what I didn't know the beginning is you have to take B twelve when you're vegan. If you don't, you're gonna be sleep all the time. So I feel myself, like, you know, a month or two in, I was just like, now I'm more tired. I'm tired all the time. And then reached out to one of my friends and he's like, you're taking B twelve. I'm like, na, he was like, you gotta take that or so energy levels are normal. I feel normal as long as I'm doing that. As long as you take Yeah, if I slack off of that, yes, it'd be kind of kind of crazy. But in terms of like yeah, muscle mass, like you still there's there's so many different ways, like the protein and stuff like that is it seems pretty normal to me, like drinking protein shakes or you know what I mean, being any type of lentils and stuff like that. It was kind of like part of normalcy for me. So you can still you know, I got a boy who's been vegan probably fifteen years now, and you know, he modeled like a Nike sports Modeo. So he looks like an athlete. So it's not hard. It's not hard to do it. It's more about figuring it all out at the beginning. But I didn't have a lot of people to lean on. But now I try to at least be that voice. And I'm not the person that tries to push it on people. It's like, if somebody so happens to start it and they got questions, I'm gonna help them.
Speaker 3: But I'm I'm not the preachy vegan, you know what I mean. Yeah, man, some some some people that are vegan, they like Joe Witnesses, They they on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you think you can go vegan, you think you ve I went So I didn't go for a vegan. I went like I went vegan for almost a year, you know, no more double double.
Speaker 4: What happened was like I would get cold, like I like, I couldn't figure out the iron part of it.
Speaker 1: It was. It was fun though, it was.
Speaker 4: A different experience and made me eat all kinds of foods. And then I wasn't getting like a bunch of the fake food.
Speaker 1: I didn't get the chick the strips. That's the worst vegan burgers, Like I kind of stayed away from that.
Speaker 3: I said, And that's another thing. What does that ship taste like?
Speaker 1: Like the same ship?
Speaker 6: You think?
Speaker 4: So, yes, it because it's seasoning. It's really seasoning that give us the flavors, so they make it taste it.
Speaker 1: So you think you need a vegan double double, I've.
Speaker 4: Had one, you vegan double. I had a vegan. So when I was doing that vegan for a year. By the end of the year, like you have to have time. That's another thing, like you gotta make some time because you're gonna have to cook. But when you would be rushing, I would go get a vegan from cross your ship. It tastes the same real Yeah, that's what scared me. I was like, I can't do this.
Speaker 7: You got that like in moderation because the replacement foods could be just as bad as.
Speaker 1: The regular ship. So okay, yeah, I got your At the.
Speaker 7: End of the day, so I go to Burger can't get an impossible burger every day, that's the Yeah, it'll be like going to Burger King and a whopper every day. Yeah, and it is.
Speaker 1: Probably better.
Speaker 7: If you like one of those super duper vegans. It's like cross contamination, like I don't want my broker. They're not kicking it on a separate stove. So shout out to Don d nutrient deficiency. That's that's exactly what it is. I think when they fast whole foods are nutrient dish. That makes sense. Don shout out to Diamond bad photography. I ate oreos before the stream, and now I feel like a piece. Okay, that's not what the point. I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: Oreos are vegans, so don't don't feel so good.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, hey, like my man said, what you say, Nation said shame that Oh no.
Speaker 1: That's shame to change.
Speaker 4: That's an unconscious same because he's feeling shame even though we're not shaming like I'm we're just talking about.
Speaker 1: That's a subconscious like I said, subconscious shame.
Speaker 5: Hey, just because you're talking about it, Shout out to fact it's barely real protein and carbs.
Speaker 1: It's ninety eight percent binders. That would make sense. We gotta get back to shame.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Lex y'all talking die it's super important. But what about activities? How are you improving in that area that just come with the territory like we do a bunch of activities, but the diet is eighty percent of everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people think that working out is the main thing that you should be doing.
Speaker 1: Number one is diet, diet, and mental.
Speaker 5: To ask your question, culture, let me talking about how you feel about tension and resistance instead of just regular workout.
Speaker 3: Actually, you know what, as you get older, I think that comes becomes better on the joints.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that's what I'm starting to do now instead of just trying to go free weights and all of them, I'm trying to get.
Speaker 3: It's a lot better on your joints when you start getting older. So I would like older older clients, I kind of have them doing more resistance bands and things of that nature then just going straight hardcore lift weightlifting. But you know, a lot of males they want to lift weights, you know, so when you bring the resistance band, they like, what is that resistance?
Speaker 6: They think?
Speaker 4: I'm like to Black October. It's all process. It doesn't have any five in its, so it doesn't fee your system.
Speaker 1: Makes sense.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Lex that's scary losing thirty pairs without the use of cardio.
Speaker 1: Shit, Lex, I lost fifty you really?
Speaker 4: Okay, Look, don't look at it that way, right, look at it like energy, right, Like calories are a metric for energy, right, that's the trick, right, So what's fat is just misplaced stored energy. Right, So when you lose weight, you're supposed to lose weight. You don't really need to work out to use the energy. Like you get up every day and live life and use energy. Right, so you're supposed to start making your body find the energy that's stored or misplaced.
Speaker 1: That's what losing weight.
Speaker 4: Is, right they what they call it, like a calorie deficit or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all it is.
Speaker 4: Instead of yeah, giving yourself more energy, right, you you taking less energy. So your body needs to use the energy stored to operate in this daily function.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 7: Yeah? And for me it was not scary, but it was eye opening to lose the thirty pounds and I wasn't working out because that just told me, like, I'm storing food at this point. Like I just changed literally one thing for ninety days and it kept me on track after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's for me. That's how it is.
Speaker 6: How you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I eat one time of day, I eat one time of day.
Speaker 1: I just eat a protein vegetable and the fruit that's the whole meal. What's your portion looking like like a I'm really.
Speaker 4: Trying to take in less than four hundred and fifty calories And I kind of have a mental mind of exactly everything that everything that I'm meaning, Like I've been doing it long enough now to have a good idea.
Speaker 3: So it's simple, but something that's really important about it. And I'm gonna ask you and and six about this. Uh, do you feel like when you change your diets you got more clarity mentally? Like like it's just sharper one. I was gonna bring that up when y'all was done with that point. The mental parity is another level.
Speaker 4: Yeah, every Friday, I used to go forty eight hours without eating, Like That's how I got to the point, Like I used to go forty eight hours and then Ham started kind of challenged me. Then once a month for like three months, state I was going once a month, I would go seventy two hours without eating. Like if it was like if I needed to do something, if I didn't have the energy, I would just get a juice like fresh a fresh juice like freshm shit, put together some spinach, kale, pineapple, some shit just aw juice.
Speaker 1: So it really.
Speaker 4: It really make everything. You're not really supposed to have to work out to lose weight. You're supposed to work out to actually like make your blood flow and your heart work better.
Speaker 3: Working out really is supposed to be for a purpose. Like if you if I'm working out, I'm trying to get muscles or I'm trying to be stronger or faster, that's what you really suppoed to be working out to be stronger, faster, gain muscle, but to lose weight. If you just ate properly, you will lose and just go through your every day. I mean, you know some people just ain't doing shit shit, but you know, but if you just go through your every day and eat properly, you'll you'll maintain a decent weight that you know, the weight your body's supposed to be at.
Speaker 7: I would be really fat if I if I wasn't vegan right now, because even right now, I was saying, the last like two months, I've been like an unhealthy vegan, just eating processed ship and chilling and making beats. And you know, it's not basketball season, so I ain't in the gym moving around every day but if I wasn't like somewhat you know where I am, but yeah, I would have, I'd probably be like, hell, a big from my height wouldn't be cool at all.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Tree. I'll be using coffee to cheat the nash you swear by coffee. So what are the benefits like?
Speaker 3: Because I just start drinking mushroom coffee in the morning for my digestives my entire that's.
Speaker 4: On that same list as alcohol, any type of alcohol, any type of drugs.
Speaker 1: Coffee. See that's me.
Speaker 3: I just was my first cup of coffee in forty years because I'm like you, like, I don't I'm not putting anything in my body.
Speaker 4: I think that I wasn't thinking that I knew I was. Yeah, I never thought about not doing drugs. I never like made a pack like I wasn't gonna drink or do drugs or drink coffee.
Speaker 1: I just never have.
Speaker 3: If I've seen somebody get hooked to something, I like, I'm not using that shit. And I've seen too many people be man, come on, you've seen that starbreack line be cracking like you like, what is happening over there?
Speaker 1: Like what they got going on over there? Back in the day, everybody drank coffee.
Speaker 4: Teachers and shit, regular people like your parents going to work drink coffee.
Speaker 1: Teachers drink coffee.
Speaker 4: Now I know people younger than me, like I know some people that's like seventeen.
Speaker 1: They drink coffee every.
Speaker 7: Day, every day. I see it at the high school level.
Speaker 1: So you write Starbucks creating like a trap. Yeah, I'm not. I don't want no parts of that.
Speaker 3: So I yeah, somebody talking about people when when when you wake up talking about I gotta get my coffee for nah, I was like, I don't want none of that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be a part of that.
Speaker 5: Whatever that ship is, coffee is. Coffee is like a fruit. Whoa look it up. I don't know, look at it to see, like, look up coffee.
Speaker 1: I'm not doubt you. I have no idea. I never I never didn't every morning. No I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't drink coffee. I never got into coffee. But now that I think about it, it is like it is like a trap house.
Speaker 1: It is like a trap.
Speaker 4: One of my favorite go to like white beans is my ship too, white beans, White navy beans, Yeah, white navy beans.
Speaker 1: Little navy beans is my ship. That, like, I make some navy beans.
Speaker 4: That motherfucking meal go a long way, fucking a bowl of white navy beans, nothing else. I think in general, bowl of white navy beans every day for a week and won't get tired.
Speaker 1: And I could just eat that by myself with some fruit and be a one. I probably could do black beans like that. Yeah I like black beans. Yeah, I probably do black beans like that, straight white navy beans. It was fire every day.
Speaker 4: So I wanted to talk about something. We didn't talk about this shit this whole time, which is cool because that's the whole point of doing this, is the information. But I was talking to Joey today right shout out the West Shide. Happy birthday again to my nigga west Side man. I gotta go get him something or send me some money or something to get some gas or something.
Speaker 1: Grown.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sitting mahnda, have your birthday, nigga, send a nigga hun real quick.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 4: And I was going to get some paint for the I need to paint the uh the things for the music video we're shooting two weeks right something like, I need to paint the props. And I was at the paint shop and I was ordered some paint and I was just thinking about how stressed now I'm not stressed right now. I think this is because of like we're talking about this sign of working out walking, So I'm not stressed normally. Like a year ago, I'd have been stressed the fuck out.
Speaker 1: It's two weeks. It's a lot to put together. But because I've.
Speaker 4: Been eating a certain way and everything, I think I see it a little bit more clear. I'm able to dictate to people want that want to help me more. I'm starting to figure out the right people to be in my cipher, you know what I mean to help. So I'm telling Joey I realized why rappers don't really get paid that way in his business.
Speaker 1: I was telling him and Don dubbed that.
Speaker 5: I'm like, say that way, what you mean, Like, if it's twenty million dollars, a rapper probably only deserves two hundred thousand dollars at best.
Speaker 4: And I was saying, I'm like, it's not no real work. And Joey was telling me, he was like, man, g you tripping look like nigga.
Speaker 1: This shit work. And I'm like, no, it's not.
Speaker 4: And I get to Don thought I was tripping, and I get it because we on the artist side to a degree, right, we are artists. But when I tell you the sheer work it takes to actually make something happen, you know what I mean, The sheer thought that it takes to make something happen is crazy. To to present it to people, to make it digestible, to make people want to digest it is in fuckingsane like marketing, right. So it's one thing to produce a song, right, to produce it and bring finish the production right. Shout out to Jason Joshua Mohamie. Jason is mixing for me. Jason one of the best mixtures in the world. But I'm one of the earliest people that gave him a budget to mix, so he's looking out. He knocking it out, making it beat Me and a couple homies made it. Shout out to Ep, who just came back from a successful tour with Gang. He worked on it. Shout out to my homeboy Hunger. You know what I mean, we created the bones of it. Shout out to the different people that made it be a dope record. That's easy, that was like easy, even a scratch. Out out to the Homy that scratched on the sacks and his homy dazzy d they scratched on it.
Speaker 1: I pretty much got it all the way together. We did it all together. That shit easy. This marketing and shit is hard.
Speaker 4: Like, man, you gotta think about so many different things every toe, Like I gotta go to the venue tomorrow, right for the video, right, I gotta go look at it. I gotta count all of this shit is crazy.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me ask you a question. Gee, do you think it's easy?
Speaker 3: All the other stuff is easy because that you know how to do it and it's in your wheelhouse and you love it. And then the marketing is something that you just really starting to work on and understand because when you were naming all the shit, y'all just did y'all did. I'm sitting here like, that's just hard to me. I think making a record.
Speaker 1: Does, has it?
Speaker 4: You gotta know a little bit about records to make a record up and get a record.
Speaker 1: You can look up and get a record, for sure, but.
Speaker 4: To consistently make really good records that people can digest and you can hear the quality off of them. Yeah, it takes some skills, that's true. You do have to learn some stuff. I could have been doing marketing for twenty years. It's gonna be hard, you think, so fuck yeah, And it's simple.
Speaker 1: You put me and King in there and say, hey, go make a song hit guys. I don't think we but yeah, because you started from zero. With the right market then though, and the right projected we could so somebody.
Speaker 4: That's a great point. I could take somebody who don't know nothing about music.
Speaker 1: And make a hit record.
Speaker 3: So you think you could take somebody zero make a hit record with somebody, I could take a niggat.
Speaker 1: Zero to go at this point in my career where I know it's just take the money though, right, just take the money, taking a.
Speaker 4: Lot of money. Yeah, but I know exactly what to do zero to gold.
Speaker 3: He ain't got no longevity though, zero chance.
Speaker 1: Unless unless like TLC, where I'm just making all the money.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it's like you keep on going them doing it theyself, No no chance. But for sure I could do that. The problem is there is no fucking artist that's a great artist, whether that don't know how to market, that could take a.
Speaker 1: Song from zero to gold.
Speaker 4: I'm so you could find the best record maker as Jermaine du Pre cut this part out out of the live here. I'm gonna give y'all chances to screen record this for the live screen record this start. I'm gonna give y'all five seconds so you can scream record this and then y'all send it. Tweet this to Jermaine Dupre mark. Tweet this to Jermaine Dupre and see if you agree with me. As Jermaine do prix, could he create a hit record and without nobody that knows how to market would it go go?
Speaker 1: So? No mark? Bad marketing, but good record, incredible record, incredible record, bad marketing impossible, impossible, I say, I dig it impossible.
Speaker 7: You saying in every era or this era, in.
Speaker 4: Any era in history, you could pick an era, it's going to be virtually impossible for a great record with no marketing to go go.
Speaker 1: But I've heard a lot of bad records or decent records go go with great marketing.
Speaker 3: I agree. I agree still now man, right now? Yeah, yeah, I agree one hundred percent. I think my only question is that is the longevity of it.
Speaker 4: No, so the artist is not gonna have a long joby, because you would need somebody else working on the song. But that's also why that artist is not. It's like with TLC. When artists come into business, you hear the stories the horse Tale, shout out to TLC, shout out to T Box, Chili, Recipeace Left.
Speaker 1: You hear stories, oh man, they didn't get paid a lot of money, or you hear stories of new addition. Oh they didn't make that much money because everybody else was doing the damn work. But we're not saying they didn't have talent though, right, you definitely had talent. Talent they Why are you looking in the air thinking about this, like just say, no, they're not. They was good. What the hold hold them? Now?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: Why are we had talent? They just couldn't sing, that's the problem.
Speaker 1: So that's what and and and six No exactly, Okay, all knew exactly that was crazy because they can't sing. Okay, So I'm like, yes and no.
Speaker 4: So their talent was they were like they had to look they looked a certain way because it's not their fashion, Like that's that's the Jermaine Duprix and and that whole everybody who was it was pebbles, that whole baby face, that whole machine that was over there, that what would be considered part of the face machine.
Speaker 1: They that was their imaging left left direct. Yeah, what's that man? Right now? Yeah? Stinks was going left our rap? Six? Okay, Yeah, you're just looking.
Speaker 7: I don't like talking about people that ain't here.
Speaker 1: This lady passed away, that's not oh wow, okay.
Speaker 4: So but I'm saying, so when you happen to have talent, I'm like, I'm trying. I'm going down the list of things that they had talent about because they wasn't like great writers, right, They wasn't like great.
Speaker 1: Dancers, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Like the singing somebody else's songs, Yeah, that was They was singing other people's music.
Speaker 1: They used their vocals.
Speaker 4: But then the producer, the person making the record also was doing a number.
Speaker 1: Like that was a real team effort. Remember now, Mike Luther Vandross Well he was so hold up, no, no, because I don't want make because I have to be have I ever just just respected. I just also don't want to lie to six. You're gonna be a part of it.
Speaker 7: I'm here, I'll be here for that.
Speaker 4: I just don't want to lie to I don't want to lie. So I'm trying to figure out how to phrase it.
Speaker 1: Ke Ball don't sing better than Milly and Vanilli couldn't sing. They were terrible. I never heard them sing. Yeah, key Boss down better than both of them. Her voice is just unique enough to be better than theirs.
Speaker 7: The reason they got caught up is because they were doing the live performance. You remember the story, They're doing a live performance and the music went out, so everybody was like, okay, cool, like keep just keep the show going, and they like, they got caught.
Speaker 3: On camera, like y'all can look it up.
Speaker 7: No, I saw the ship in.
Speaker 3: The interview one day. Just start and they in a in a in a people made them start singing. They're like, all right, okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm not I'm not saying they're not nowhere many I don't even know enough about Like I wouldn't even I've never even like million songs with the other people right now, okay, quick question, I wouldn't have thought they was talented.
Speaker 3: So do you think that TLC? Do you think t C are one of the grow greatest girl groups of all time? And do you think it's becose talent and marketing or just more talent and more marketing.
Speaker 1: More marketing, way more marketing.
Speaker 3: How you feel about their talent coach because you I'm not about to get up in that at all.
Speaker 1: I'm let Glasses and six do that part because it's not fair. I'm gonna let you.
Speaker 7: You think about it like especially then like artist development, creating a look for them, all of that is part of the marketing.
Speaker 1: Elijah Lee the same.
Speaker 4: No Leah was okay, she was, she was cool, she used to get busy. She was a little bit mortality. She was mortality rather But but that's.
Speaker 1: The prime example.
Speaker 4: Look how large TLC's career was comparatively allan career was popping. But TLC is like fucking huge. But that's also, like I tell you all the time, it's not about talent, y'all. When y'all be looking at me crazy, I'm like, people don't know talent, they don't know a good record.
Speaker 1: I keep telling you that they don't know what's good. All they know is this is the finished product. That's what they know. This is the finished product.
Speaker 3: So you don't think that after the finished After the product is finished, the fans don't tell you if it's good or not.
Speaker 1: So you so you think the marketing.
Speaker 3: Tells us if it's good box seventy eight, Okay, So then why do we not? Why do people with no talent don't have no longevity?
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 4: Sometimes there's a lot of people that batality. Talent is subjective, right, Like that great.
Speaker 1: Songs and he had great songs. Talent.
Speaker 4: Talent may have not been singing. He was like he was a really good songwriter. H And people don't talk about that and his ability to deliver over the songs. So what's somebody talent is a lot different than somebody else being talented.
Speaker 1: And I think that has to go with also the way they delivered the music.
Speaker 3: They didn't deliver that Meah, they wouldn't.
Speaker 1: It was his talent. I wouldn't be able to tell you quite what TLC talent is. I know that's up. I'm just being honest. I'm I don't know. He just kept pushing it. No, I don't know their talent.
Speaker 7: Tomorrow tomorrow episode?
Speaker 1: Have I ever DIDLC? You're doing that.
Speaker 7: That right, coach?
Speaker 6: Do that to you?
Speaker 7: I just didn't write there.
Speaker 1: I just don't know what their talents was, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They had, they had, they had just enough of everything. I agree they had They had a little bit of everything. Man, yeah, a little bit. They could dance a little bit, they had to. That swag was theirs. You think that swag was marketed. I think I think t C was was probably the most.
Speaker 1: You just don't know what went into making that girl group.
Speaker 3: So you think that when they did their interviews and stuff, that their their charisma didn't come out in those interviews their own cares.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I just I kind of when I saw t O C. And I'm a dude.
Speaker 3: When I saw t O C, I was like, I was confused. When I saw t OC, I didn't get it. I was like, man, they sexy as fuck, but the talent god, all right, cool. But I'm just saying but I also thought that they was was dope, Like as far as you know, how they was, how they how they how they danced on the today.
Speaker 1: Songs, the uh.
Speaker 6: But but what but what?
Speaker 7: But I'm just saying that was it.
Speaker 3: I just thought they were, you know, they were tight in a guideway though, Like I didn't look at them like women when they did when they performed like ship like a dude, Like I was like, Okay, this is type for a guy to be doing right now.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm just being honest now that I know the business is is Uh yeah, I wouldn't have thought of them as talented. That's not what I'm No, I'm not saying they don't have talent. I'm telling you they're not what I would have thought of as talented. Like Wenney Houston was talented, but she was marketed.
Speaker 1: With you talking about like a singer talent.
Speaker 4: That's because a singer talent is fucking singing. That should be your first It's weird when your first talent as a singer is not singing. We're in the heroine now where like we was talking about Oh boy, when try trap Ass was talking about him, Uh, what's cousin name?
Speaker 1: Oh Frank? I was mad.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't hear for that because y'all y'all disrespected Frank Ocean.
Speaker 1: Like he his talent is righting, his talent is right, so he makes and he writes your great songs? Not great? Why are we doing this great? Frank Ocean makes great songs. He writes good song. Pyramids is a great song. Never too Much is a great song.
Speaker 6: So sick.
Speaker 1: That's because because because because if I start going after Marvin Gay, it's gonna get to another level.
Speaker 4: I'm giving you some entry point, like like uh, Nobody by Keith Sweat is a great song. Pyramids is not that good of a song, Like Pyramids is good for today, like today's R and B. Frank Ocean is like Marvin Gay, but in the pantheonicy the history of R and B, he would have not been able to be in no era with singers. I could see that his talent is writing, but he's also not an incredible writer. Dream is an incredible writer.
Speaker 1: Dream. Okay, Okay, So with Frank Ocean b the dream of today.
Speaker 7: Hell, No.
Speaker 1: Dream is a six see six. Talk to this motherfucker talk to today. Okay.
Speaker 3: I think I think my problem with Frank Ochin is the the quantity of music, Like he needs to put out more in music. But I think if you put out more in music, you'll be able to see more of his talent and you'll be able to see that he probably is more Key Sweat than than Dream.
Speaker 1: He's not even close to Key Sweat.
Speaker 7: You're talking about what.
Speaker 1: I agree he's not. I agree he's not close. And that's my problem right now because of the quantity.
Speaker 4: But I'm talking about his first album and as good as Keith Sweats first album. True, that's ship crazy is Kip Sweat, don't he don't Frank Ocean. And that's a prime example of really great marketing withou probably B minus songwriting D plus singing.
Speaker 7: You gotta think of like like Sean Garrett Way, Colder Pittning and Frank Ocean. And he wrote all the early Chris Brown stuff.
Speaker 4: Ty dollar Son is a better singer than Frank Ocean. That's my problem. He's a better writer too.
Speaker 1: So I'm glad you brought up Chris Brown.
Speaker 7: So t OC.
Speaker 3: I feel like some people are performers you don't think is their performers.
Speaker 1: Goes in that performer Brown.
Speaker 4: But so I'm telling you so when we're saying this, you're asking me right versus marketing artistry, Like I'm going to go to talented people that that nigga Chris Brown has talent as a performer.
Speaker 1: No doubt about yo.
Speaker 3: But I'm coming like a six like six kind of a six six is right, I'm gonna like six six is TLC got a six in every box though, like six here, six, they're six there? And when you put it all together equal one of the greatest girl groups of all time. Okay, except for ten marketing ten though marketing ten and then everything else till everything else four foorst Why are you going on your way to do that?
Speaker 1: Why do you give me six? Why did you say all right six school we just moved on. Why you gotta say four?
Speaker 4: Because one, they're not songwriters. As dancers, they're probably a four. As singers, they're probably a four. I'm just being honest. So as sexy, there are nine.
Speaker 1: They were. They were beautiful women. I'm gonna I'm gonna go ten. Yeah, I'm with that too. That's gonna go ten. I'm gonna go ten. TLC may hit records. No, no, they didn't. They didn't make hit records. Somebody else made them records all the way to.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Trap, who's supposed to be in the damn chat with he told me talk about glasses deals in nostalgia. Dream is not nostalgic. Dream is a great R and B writer. But that's that's an A plus p N with a D minus voice. A D plus voice.
Speaker 1: Dream is probably a dream might even be an F voice.
Speaker 4: Dream might be the worst d plus man, I don't think I've heard worst saying.
Speaker 1: You might be the hardest critic in the worst like you f it's crazy, it's crazy. Yeah, like f is crazy. You've heard the worst singer that's had his records, didn't Dreamily Vanilly. I just brought up one Lly. We never heard their voice. We did. It was bad, it was awesome. Use that you didn't hear their voice. Ray J, ray J ray J had the interer the check that ra dream I don't know. I don't know. Hey, web we hold on sa no no, no no. He thinks about to say, yeah, nah, I think right, Ja is a little better, just.
Speaker 7: A little bit.
Speaker 1: Damn, that's right. One of them messing with t Pain though, No, I agree with that. I agree with that one hundred percent. I think Paint got him both beat for sure. The rage is pretty.
Speaker 4: I think can actually really sing. I've heard real singing on records with can actually sing. He just got a unique But that's my point. So it's like, when we watch these labels do these incredible jobs with artists, I think we don't really see it that way, and I get it. Frank Ocean is a prime example of really good marketing really again. As a songwriter, I think he's a B minus B plus how to be plus, how to be plus.
Speaker 1: Heth Sweat is probably a B plus.
Speaker 3: Keith a no because he sings so bad singer, A writer, A writer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, writer? No six? Keep what you think, ke Keth? So who's a writer? R Kelly's a writer, Okay, R Kelly's an a writer, babyface a writer? Dream is an a writer? So wait, hold on, you got do you got dream over? As a writer?
Speaker 5: Hen?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Dream of bad mother?
Speaker 4: One thing you can't play with that crazy signing motherfucker That pen for real? That PN is for real, that nigga pin for real, for real, for real.
Speaker 1: I just said that, Lex. I think Keith Sweat is a D plus singer. Yeah, D plus. I give him D plus maybe C minus pushing it with D plus.
Speaker 3: But his his writing skills are so good, and the and the music. Look, he's still performing that that with that badass singing. He sings worse now and he's still out there on stages right now humping.
Speaker 4: And I disagree with you, but but again, I'm also being honest with him as a writer versus if I'm gonna put him in like in.
Speaker 1: The top tier. Neo is a A plus writer. I agree with that them is all a's about them.
Speaker 4: Babyface is an a uh uh NEOs of a dreams about Usher Usher don't really write?
Speaker 1: Yeah, j D and j D and and uh what's hommie?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: Brian Michael Coxon is an A A writers. I'm saying dream. I mean, I'm saying Frank Ocean is not that tear.
Speaker 3: But if you're calling them A writers, you gotta throw Keith Sweat up in there. Nah, you gotta throw Keith up in there. Keith Sweat made it. He he has hit records that are going to be all time great or andb something like if you looked up the top hundred some songs in there, he's terrible.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to disagree with you. I just would like to believe an A plus writer could also write here records for other people.
Speaker 7: Sean Garrett is a really good writer.
Speaker 1: Too, Okay, the key who has Keith Sweat Roe songs for.
Speaker 7: I don't know enough of his writing catalog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good.
Speaker 4: And who wrote just got Paid? I know that was originally supposed to be a Keith Sweat song.
Speaker 1: What does it sounds like a could be.
Speaker 4: I wonder who wrote just got paid? I wonder if Key Sweat wrote that. But anyway, the point I'm saying is is.
Speaker 1: I wonder if Teddy wrote that.
Speaker 3: I was about to say Teddy Riley might have wrote that song. I don't know for sure, but that's that really sounded like a Teddy Riley.
Speaker 7: So Keith Sweat wrote for.
Speaker 1: He wrote for Silk, Drew Hill, what's his biggest record?
Speaker 4: For somebody else? See that's what I made? Righty here for yourself and writy here for somebody else.
Speaker 3: He co wrote Crow wrote freak Me for Silk. Oh that's a that's a great that's a great song. Oh wow, Yeah that's a great song. Yeah, man, stop playing with keiths Man. That's a great song. Yeah you're right, Okay, I'm not mad.
Speaker 7: But the other it says. He also co wrote freak Me for Silk and Extra for Immature. Like they got those his biggest records.
Speaker 6: That's not bad.
Speaker 4: They get him right there, he called. Even if he ate minus, that's fine because I had him as a B plus.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 4: It's eighty eight percent or ninety one percent, either way, it's all good. But I'm saying, Frank Ocean ain't ain't nowhere near there.
Speaker 1: Let's telling Teddy Riley for just got paid? You produced that? Who wrote it? Tell you to produce it? Johnny and Jean Griff produced it.
Speaker 4: Jingjing was like one of them executives who took credit for shitt gen ain't real ship.
Speaker 1: The regions get righted ship, Jeans get too much that degreded for Teddy work all right. Jan was the cold one of them called execs that get you with that money.
Speaker 7: Like we wrote it, Johnny Kemp, You're a writer.
Speaker 1: New York, New York.
Speaker 4: He was the coldest industry gangsters in the world, like people talk about Shugar, like the New York industry gangsters are the best stories.
Speaker 1: They can make a fucking TV show about the motherfuckers. Jean was the real Big Red.
Speaker 4: Jean was the real deal though the song right just Jean got credit on Bobby Brown's second album Nothing Ain't.
Speaker 3: Real Ship Big Red he uh oh man, Big was food. But Bobby another one?
Speaker 1: So was he? Is he a performer? Or is Bobby Bobby was? Bobby was a performer? Bobby is?
Speaker 4: Bobby is the original Usher? What's crazy is Usher's career was projected to be like Usher's career was projected to be like Bobby Brown, but ended up being closer to Michael Jackson's. Chris Brown's career was projected to be more like Michael Jackson and ended up more like Bobby Brown.
Speaker 1: WHOA hold up? Now? Okay, So as an artist, I like Usher better. I think he's more of my age.
Speaker 3: But you don't think Chris Brown is the bigger artist, no, Like I think I think that Usher might have I think bigger hits one or but Chris Brown body of work is crazy.
Speaker 1: Chris Brown is a bigger artist than Usher. So so you said he is a bigger one six, I think so for sure. Like his body work is insane.
Speaker 5: I think so he got thousands of song I think he has a bigger catalog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that catalog is insane. But he is a really big star. Bro, I don't seem like I agree with you. I think that is a huge start. But I think we're a big star too.
Speaker 4: But I think Chris Brown start took Chris Brown star took a lot of shade too, and that messed up his startup.
Speaker 3: I think I think Chris Brown definitely did some did some Bobby Brown don't.
Speaker 1: Even think it wasn't even that bad.
Speaker 4: But again, the way the world acted, they got the same last night. Yeah, Browns the Brown you do still mistreat Chris Brown.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I think, like you know, you know how when something like that happened is so detrimental to your career, like some of those things you're not bouncing back from. Your career is never the same. I thought, for the most part his core fan base, they've forgiven him because he wouldn't he wouldn't have been able to come back and do what he's done post the bullshit he did, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: The problem is Chris Brown don't have a confession.
Speaker 3: Hm hmm, not just a big thing.
Speaker 1: You're right, he doesn't have a confessions, but he has so like Chris Brown has a ton of really big, great records, records.
Speaker 7: I'm glad you brought that up, just quick side step. But to your point earlier marketing confessions one marketing not true story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the writing was incredible to the story on.
Speaker 3: What confessions, the weave of the story with the Usher.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was how big TLC was too. Everybody thought those stories were about Usher and left. I mean Usher and Chili.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was a big thing because you know so I probably shouldn't say that, go ahead, but I'll preface it like this. So when Neo got to Death Jam, they were looking to try to create a similar thing for him for his first album. That's when we got to find out what the whole backstory of Confessions and stuff was. But we ended up not doing going that direction. But yeah, they was gonna create a whole, a whole marketing campaign around something similar because it worked for Usher.
Speaker 3: I think now got me thinking about it. Usher is is him? Like now I'm thinking about it. Confessions might be top three best R and B albums ever.
Speaker 1: Made, definitely more successful. It's definitely one of the ones that success.
Speaker 3: Confessions is better than any one album that Chris Brown has done. Chris Brown got more hits, I think more.
Speaker 7: I don't, And I'm not even saying that that Chris is a better artist. I think he's a bigger artist. I don't think he's I don't think he's better.
Speaker 4: I think he could be better. I don't think he's bigger. I think you could say he's better, but I don't think he's bigger.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna throw something out there. Man, y'all body knock gonna like this or y'all his confession is better than Thriller.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not gonna respond to that, just trying to make.
Speaker 1: Trying to make me, Chris trying to bay me. No, I I know I'm throwing it out there for six apparently you know he got some he got some sick quietly over there, fans some ship because you need to calm down.
Speaker 3: I think because all of all of us is forty and over, I think we just partial to none of us. Imagine, I mean, Michael, you that none of us, none of us is Thriller, is none of our heroes, none of us is that so all?
Speaker 1: You know, but you know you kind of a baby though, you kind of I think I was in junior high fifteen.
Speaker 3: I think we have to say we gotta say thrillers better than okay. I say, you mean we gotta say you okay? So all right, fine, because I ain't nobody about to get on that boat. But is confessed is better than any solo project that Prince ever did, any solo.
Speaker 1: Albums better than a few of them. I know, I'm not I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about if you take Prince, I don't know what Prince best. What was Little Red Corvett and stuff on? I don't know if you take Prince's best album he's ever done.
Speaker 1: Purple No, it's not better than Purple Rang. It's on Purple Rain as it ain't better than Purple Ring.
Speaker 3: What you think six it's not I said no from the rip women.
Speaker 1: Purple Rain.
Speaker 3: You don't think you don't think Confessions better in Purple No? Absolutely, And I'm a Princes fan like I like.
Speaker 1: All the way through a movie to did he put the movie on it?
Speaker 3: And Confessions is incredible? But it's just the bad move.
Speaker 1: Hold up, So that's that's our eerror that that's the one of our era. That's our era. So you know we I'm gonna have to be out of y'all, man.
Speaker 3: I think Confessions might be better than any one album that Prince ever done.
Speaker 1: Bro. I'm about look to see for song and Confessions has no skips. Purple Rain got some skips on therestand I'm a Prince, okay, but you're just still a baby like you know what I mean? You can't take in quite with them adults was talking about.
Speaker 7: At the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 3: Right under stand that time because that's like it was four A. I did grow up and I did listen to Purple Rain after an A doe.
Speaker 1: You know you still so time and face matters like like I can't remember more day do I love? I love mores Day.
Speaker 4: Actually, life is up there, Thriller is up there, Herble Rain is up there. It's some records up there. Confessions is probably like on the bottom half of the ten. It's about half of the somewhere between seven and ten.
Speaker 1: That's insane. It's not freewhere. Yeah, it's some ship. Yeah, some ship. It's some ship. Songs of the kid, like, let me throw this out here, y'all like Computer Blue. Yeah, it was like, yeah, it was cool because it flowed. The whole album flowed from one song to the next. Yeah, my gold crazy. No, I'm Prince broke.
Speaker 4: I'm coming off like trying to get a purple trying to get a purple range.
Speaker 1: I love, I love Prince, but something every blue moon, Prince will put a song. I'm trying to, like, y'all tripping off and list a song man.
Speaker 7: Prince's that guy.
Speaker 1: I agree. Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, first of all, six just not act like he's always been that guy though, Like it was a time where people, well people is not liking Prince, all right, come out here, and I was telling me stories about when Prince came and performed live out here and he got booed up that goddamn stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure he had look turned around show disass to people. And definitely he definitely it was bad marketing. That's bad marketing. Those parents, bro, that's bad one. It wasn't talented. He definitely they was doing the outfit because he's been that dude musically since he was like twelve years old.
Speaker 7: All right, Petere to the King, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm with him. Six Prince better than Michael.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna say that that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he said r P to the King. I'm just saying that he always battled each other for that one spot though. Yeah, I mean back and forth.
Speaker 7: Gee, you think like Michael Man.
Speaker 3: Do you think Michael is the best marketed act of all time? Probably so so that when great marketing meets great talent right.
Speaker 1: There, because Mike was a special talent. Yeah, that but that's what it looks like.
Speaker 4: And then it ends up a legend Mike, and then you still need some accidental things like your hair catch on fire.
Speaker 1: You can't. You can't plan that type of marketing.
Speaker 3: Do you think Michael becomes a bit a huge artist without good marketing behind him, even though he was that talented, no pull up?
Speaker 1: But Mike started as a kid thing the Jackson five with the cartoon he was. Come on, man, if.
Speaker 4: Mike was a talented But again, you gotta think like Stevie Wonder. It's like when it comes to making music and writing music, there are way more talented people than Michael Jackson writing music. And yeah, forgive me writing music. Let me not play with anything like that either. But overall composing a record, there's probably more talented people, I'm sure. But as the whole talent though wanted, he's the He's Floyd Mayweather.
Speaker 7: I mean, Prince could play every instrument on stage really well.
Speaker 1: I mean Brian mc knight can't do like that. He might Brian get cracking.
Speaker 5: That's something where talent got cracking with decent marketing. Okay, okay, mcnight is a perfect example of decent marketing.
Speaker 1: But the nigga just was amazing. Is he better than Frank Ocean? Come on in the same category.
Speaker 7: Troll coach Coach.
Speaker 1: Frank Ocean couldn't watch Brian M. Knight underwear. He probably wanted to, but that's you.
Speaker 5: You want some of that ship, that ship that Brian Mnight got going on. Brian is dope, Bro, Brian way better than Frank Frank o. Ship is not a top hundred guy.
Speaker 6: Frank.
Speaker 1: If he is, he'd be on the bottom half of the hundred.
Speaker 3: I agree, because now I think about it, I didn't like Bragi the Night until I saw him live. When I saw him live, I said, no, crazy, I want to go see him. And Tyree was came out before him, hoping open in that and I'm in there because I'm.
Speaker 1: A short short Yeah really bro, so I'm coming there. I said, open enough for this old that's not like what has happened. And he's killing and ship. We you know we're in l A.
Speaker 3: So Tyree's killing that ship too. Yeah, he in there, krip walking everything. So I'm up in there, like, hey, Tyrus is, how how is he gonna follow this?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 1: Brian Knight? So it was levels bro, so out man, you know, and on some different ship. Ty is the last singer that sounds like a man. Okay, Hey, Brian mian knight is Brian McKnight is on some different shit. Bro, Yeah, Brian, is that Frank Ocean. Not?
Speaker 5: No, That's what I'm saying. It's not nostalgic, like like Trap calls the nostalgia. I think he just a prisoner of the moment.
Speaker 4: He's looking at Frank Ocean as the most successful and it's like I always say, it's dirty water in the desert, Like, the problem is I've actually had clean water.
Speaker 3: Ran Ocean gonna make a song called dirty word Water. It's gonna be great. It's gonna be tight too.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a great Frank Ocean song. The problem is it's not gonna just be a great R and B song. Frank Ocean makes great Frank Ocean songs, and that's what music has become.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: It's like, long as your songs fit your brand and what people follow you for, they think it's great.
Speaker 1: But I never was in a Luther Van draws. You hear Luther Van draws, You know that's shit different. So you think music was better than Yeah, I mean it's still people that make good music. Now. I'm just telling you the particular people that people are praising are not the best in music. I like that music.
Speaker 7: I like that music was more diverse. Everybody had like something really unique about.
Speaker 1: That old times for cracking back then. I'm just saying, you get what I'm saying. I think there's great artists now.
Speaker 4: So the problem is now the best singers don't get the best songs because the best writers are bad singers, so they keeping the songs. So now the best singers are singing decent songs and the worst singers are singing great songs.
Speaker 1: That's what's wrong.
Speaker 4: Back in the day, you would have new yo, no singing ass had no action, you wouldn't even try to Nobody would spend no money in no studio, nobody would have financed, nobody would have got behind you.
Speaker 1: Now you could build your movement.
Speaker 4: You could market your movement as the thing right and then guess what, Now everybody's buyding to your movement as long as the music fits your movement.
Speaker 1: That's Frank Ocean to me.
Speaker 3: I feel like back in the day, they'll write a song and whoever sung it the best, it came out with.
Speaker 1: The same song.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying the problem is now, like imagine if somebody that really could sing had those dream songs. And those dream songs are big records now, but imagine like somebody that really could blow had them fucking dream records like oh give example, I don't give a fuck, it's up been over because Brian could.
Speaker 7: I think there's a line though, gee where it's like some of those like if I think about like I love your Girl, dream I love your girl, I don't think only he could sing that song. Yeah, I don't think a great singer.
Speaker 3: Would sound good on that song, right, Okay, I dig that.
Speaker 7: I get that he will.
Speaker 4: He will make some But I think that's why I dream even though he's not a good singer, he's a fantastic artist. He'll write songs. To me, being a great artist is about making things that only that you could make. Like That's why always say I didn't become a great artist until two Pac Must Die.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 4: I was like, Okay, I'm the only person that can make this, like before you could hear like card Wise, that's gonna be reduced down to the West Coast. There, I made songs that could be like a West Coast artist could make. But when I made two five Months Die, that became things specific to just glasses the artists. And that's the same thing with Michael Jackson, Like no thriller, you know, the great artist nobody else could have made When dus cry that shit would have sound stupid. Anybody else with the same with dust Cry had been a dumb ass song. Prince made it and it worked out like the best. So when you a great artist, when you uniquely deliver you know what I'm saying, a product only that you could make.
Speaker 1: In today's climate? Can we even how do you market an R and B singer? Right now? The best thing is like an R and B singer. You could just hear them sing. Do you think that's enough? Not like R and B isn't enough.
Speaker 7: I don't think it's enough anymore. There's some great singers that enough.
Speaker 4: But then, just like any other great singer, they're only gonna be as big as their greatest record.
Speaker 3: How can you even make a like, who's the last person I made a great R and B record? You guys think, I mean?
Speaker 1: Okay? So what about uh do we consider?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: What's a little uh little dude, uh little Filipino black dude.
Speaker 1: Miguel nor Mars. He got a lot of But I don't know if I consider him R and B. So do you think with him with him and Mike about the week I'm Gonna leader Door Open, That's that's just that's the song I'm talking about his pop. Yeah, okay, but that's what I'm talking about. That when he when him and and my man that R and B song, that ship Fire. Was that the last great R and B song ever made? Or can we still make?
Speaker 7: I think Usher, that's your last album he got, he got a couple of bangs. I'm being a little biased because one of my boys reach critical. Yeah, that's really reached commercial success.
Speaker 4: Probably probably probably that song I'm Gonna lead the Door open. That's probably that song was.
Speaker 1: Daniel's season song was dope to her her her makes really good R and B? But does it does her reach the real masses? Though? Yeah? Some of them sounds due because I've heard some some of her music and I've heard some of Oh.
Speaker 3: Sissy, she's about to really take off now, yeah, R and B. Okay, let me ask you a question about Sissa. Is she more is she talent, more talented or the marketing great for her?
Speaker 7: She's really talented.
Speaker 1: She got a little bit of she writes her pen is dope? Is she writing some of that?
Speaker 7: And she on the right team?
Speaker 1: Does she sing well? Because her songs, I can't tell her she sings well? So she's melodic, I'll say this.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I've never seen her perform live outside of the super Bowl, right mm hmm. But when when I heard the super Bowl performance, I was like, she sounds literally perfect, so much so that I was like, yeah, I watched the hell of times because I'm like, is she lip singer?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: She sounds singer for me? Right now?
Speaker 4: She's probably like just what I know now, I haven't really tried to find back in the day singers you could find the moments when they're saying her, you know what I mean, Like you don't get those.
Speaker 1: But like probably like just from what I heard, probably like a B minus maybe a C plus singer.
Speaker 3: If that was really if that was really her at she ain't for sure.
Speaker 1: Plus if that was heard the super Bowl, straight up she's like okay, but you don't know for sure if that was her. It was just so perfect. What is okay?
Speaker 3: So how are they even marketing Scissor? Like I'm trying to understand what is her brand?
Speaker 4: I called top and asking I called top and asking what they had in mind when it was marketing her.
Speaker 3: Because you know what, I would say, this is about top Dog and what's what they got going on over there?
Speaker 1: And you you correct me if I'm wrong? Do they mark?
Speaker 3: They seem like they market more organically than like just trying to put somebody in your face twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: It's like it comes across more organic.
Speaker 3: Like I never looked at Scissor or even Doci or any of these artists and was like, oh man, they are sensationalizing them or and then like that, it seemed like it's kind of like happens organically and you kind of like, oh damn, I like her out the blue. Like how they marketing is just it's like they're marketing different over there.
Speaker 4: So with TD, everything is unique, Every pathway is different. They didn't market Kendrick the same way they market Jay Rock. They didn't market Q the same way they market DOT. They didn't market sold the same way they market Q. They didn't market Scizzor the way they market sold. They market it based off the product they cook with, what's on the table, That's what pop always been.
Speaker 1: I can see that.
Speaker 4: So like everything heard the person, you figure out what's working for that person and you push it in that direction.
Speaker 3: Anybody market I never felt like, ugh, like oh god, damn, the more of that or.
Speaker 4: Because they still develop acts. They developed where you strong at. That's always been their whole thing though. That's always been top He develops you, he develops where you're strong at. So it's like that's how it is. Not he's not a major record company where they kind of putting you through a pipeline. It ain't a major record company fault. They don't even have enough unique abilities to focus on marketing every making a marketing plan for every artist. That's what top TD does well, and that's what Boutique Black Company is supposed to do. Uniquely figure out what makes you special and then put the interest in there, Like though she they found something and now they're starting to really put a magnifying glass on that thing and that thing is what we all staring at, and they keep making that thing more successfully critically and then like she's already.
Speaker 1: Had a record.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's where the boutique records do really well. That's what a boutiqu hip hop company is supposed to do. Okay, Like what I have to do is a little bit.
Speaker 1: Different than what the giants have to do. Right, It's close, but it's different, just like what Rock has to do.
Speaker 4: It's a little bit different than what qu or Dot had to do, but it's kind of close. Got you So at the end of the day, it's like, that's what I'm saying. So like when I'm watching marketing, like you know what I'm saying, Like the fans don't know what's good.
Speaker 1: The fans don't know what's good. They know what fits what they're staring at.
Speaker 4: Like they can tell you what's good art, or they can tell you what they feel, but they don't know music enough to know, like what's good music.
Speaker 1: It's like a chef.
Speaker 4: We're talking to a chef about eating food, and he knows everything about food and you know the bare minimum or nutrition, and you try to tell him what's good, but you speaking from this kew view.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, man, Okay, So you area know. I kind of disagree with that. I kind of think the fans do know what's good. I think sometime it takes them a while to understand what's good and bad And where you're gonna say that is because when bad artists don't really have long careers. Yeah, no, Like, name me a bad artist to have that's had a really six you sound you got somebody?
Speaker 7: No, because I'm laughing at you, because you constantly try to bait people into like name him artist.
Speaker 1: Why so do you do you do? You do you know an artist with a bad artist a long career?
Speaker 7: I'm just asking, Oh, yeah, I do. Like I'm not gonna say it.
Speaker 3: I know quite a few that So, Okay, Keth Sweat a bad artist at a long career. But you're saying he's got a he hes talented. You try to repackage the question.
Speaker 1: He sweat his talented. He's a talented writer, that's his cornerstone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so okay, maybe Frank coaching to y'all. Then I'll be honest. I don't even know enough of Frank bad artists. I think he's an average artist. That's y'all are making a fantastic artist. I think Frank Ocean is an average artist.
Speaker 4: When you combine his singing ability with his riding ability, you get a C plus artist. So I got a question for it, But in a in a time where everything is horrible. He feels like a dot. He's a cubicxerconium in a time where there's no more diamonds. Like if you saw a diamond, it probably blind the whole room. So do you think most artists are overpaid.
Speaker 7: In this day and age?
Speaker 3: Probably probably so, yeah, you you something goddamn slave driver, like you get twenty million to.
Speaker 4: Get two hundred if you if you just an artist, you're probably getting overpaid.
Speaker 5: That means just putting vocals on, putting vocals down, that's all you do. You're getting overpaid. You should be paid for what you're good at. Mm Sometimes people not good at nothing.
Speaker 4: Was a train assassin as a vocalist, So yes, a lot of her ship is marketing. Don't let me on, like Clive and and did one of the greatest marketing jobs in the world on her, Like you did not know that this was a ghetto ass motherfucker from Newark. You had no idea.
Speaker 1: But they marked her as the voice though, and she gotta have a voice.
Speaker 4: And then they made you ask certain questions a thousand other things right, and they made her to where white people.
Speaker 1: Could digest her because they didn't think she was a nigga like that. That was the marketing.
Speaker 4: I mean, But the cornerstone of her talent is real that the like, the one thing you could do is shut up and put a microphone in front of her.
Speaker 1: She was gonna get everybody for sure.
Speaker 4: That's where TLC. I don't quite know, Like, what would you do if you put TLC in front of seven eleven? What would you put change in the pot.
Speaker 1: For dancing and shit?
Speaker 3: Like they harmonizing and dancing like y'all you'll think, You'll think what their panhandle and be just broke. There'll just be another group on the corner. You're not listen.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna give it no money to somebody on the corner dancing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there'll just be another group on the You gotta be a who y'all giving who y'all giving money to? Then at least saying what I'm saying. It starts with singing or just money. You won't even give the artist no money, but I will if like when you was singing on the corner, I give it a whole hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: In fact, she don't even just put the instrumental, have somebody play the little keyboard I'll sing I would love you.
Speaker 1: She gonna get the whole hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: But if it was a load of the guys, if it was a little there gat seven eleven hitting them on Mario moves, he's not getting nothing from me.
Speaker 1: That's just terrible. And maybe if he in downtown Vegas, if he if.
Speaker 3: So, if he ain't hitting them amorrio, Hey, hey, coach, you didn't even see my jab.
Speaker 1: Bro, you didn't even see how I set that whole play up. Bro, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: So Marion traps, what's his talent? He's a performer, He's a performers bad, He's I think Marion is a good performer. Now, I don't think he's the best singer of all time, obvious, Yeah, I think he performed.
Speaker 1: Though, I think he's better than Ray j ma o'maron is is close to TC? Yeah, trap, I mean, uh, he's probably damn he just got enough of everything? Yeah, just just enough, just.
Speaker 3: A Marion probably is like a seven and a half dancer and then like a for everything else? Like how you calling TC four everything else? TC is probably like a six everything else.
Speaker 7: Well, if we're if we're using either metric, six is for you fours for G. The bottom line is he's TC.
Speaker 3: So do you think more people that TC was like I would like to be them? Yes, not a Mario. I think TC has something about them to where girls were like, that's the that's it right there.
Speaker 1: We like that to even dudes. Just like I'm telling you how the guy I was.
Speaker 4: Like, that's for little kids was different to little boys. I'm saying, yeah, because they were selling girls liking them. So like like with TLC, they were selling guys liking them. B two K was selling little girls liking them. Okay, be too gread of a group. That's a different story. I'm just talking about. Well, I'm saying because you know, it's a different group. Groups are a little different than this. Solo artists know for sure. They're way different. They're way different. You come on and we've seen a bunch of guys.
Speaker 1: SA specifically this ship BE two K O Marion.
Speaker 3: Pretty much without B two K, there be no Mario, Like he couldn't even be He couldn't come out of Mario by hisself and then be hot like he had to come with be took and didn't get hot there and then branch off. I don't think that Mario would have the same success if you would have came up by yourself, I think.
Speaker 4: Especially at that time of day. But that's only because you think it lacks talent. Now again, it's not talent less. I'm not saying TSC is talent less. TLC is dope. They're really beautiful women. They have a style about themselves naturally, they don't necessarily have a developed skill like I agree, They're dancing is probably about a four. They moved just good enough, right, they were sisters, so they had natural rhythm. But they fashion like they wasn't new addition dancing New audition really danced audition like new addition one is a knockoff of who fashion?
Speaker 1: Somebody else dressed them. That was somebody else's whole thing. The same thing for Chriss Cross Brat that was, Oh it wasn't there dressing them as So y'all don't think it takes a certain type of factor too, like something about you. Yes, I agree, And you don't think TLC had it, And I do believe that's true. Do you you believe that were stars?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I believe it takes some some sort of factor and really good timing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, timing is under.
Speaker 3: Do you think t had it the in factor? Yeah, they had something.
Speaker 1: You got Colts over shaking his head.
Speaker 7: Now I see, and.
Speaker 3: Y'all y'all gonna really it's gonna be on the podcast man like being that bad.
Speaker 1: Did y'all disrespect t C?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I've been hearing this. I've been hearing this, and that was Yeah. This has to stop being the the the hate for the the the hate for the Frank Ocean. Man, you gotta call on sweet baby Jesus right now, man, and to try to fix this thing because that this is crazy. Man just sat here and said hers back to about the til C first went to TLC first, all right, this is one of the best roots of all time.
Speaker 1: Totally agree all time.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: One of the hmhm I think glasses think it's eighty percent marketing.
Speaker 6: I think it was charisma, it was it was original. We never seen we never seen like that. A lot of people came and followed that after their whole blueprint, So you got that.
Speaker 4: Blueprint was followed by who I'm saying that blueprint was inspired by other people?
Speaker 6: Who would you say inspired by the brat the brad but the Brad before.
Speaker 1: Them, no excuse before Brad probably not for sure, they got to be close. But all of that is from the same wheelhouse. They didn't create that. That look at somebody else's.
Speaker 7: Look before Brad. I think, no, I don't know Georgia.
Speaker 6: And now I want to go back into what's the name? So that was a real California statement that you made right there, because people be getting paid the dance in New York since the seventies.
Speaker 1: That's California here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, you want to pay somebody to dance. They got they got extremely good talent, but.
Speaker 1: They better get cracking. I don't know if O. Marion is gonna get more than five dollars. Yeah, I'm getting changed for that's not being horsh I think that's fair. Like O Marion. Now Chris Brown, I give him thirty dollars all that shit he be doing. Yeah, he can get thirty dollars.
Speaker 7: O Marion.
Speaker 1: You know Chris Brown. O'mrion, ain't rist Chris Brown.
Speaker 6: Let's get back to this tailc. I'm slaying that you was just getting God blessed, God blessed left eyeh. You know what I'm saying. Let's do that tea boys. You know what I'm saying, Chili, You know what I mean, Like, Yo, we never seen a girl group come together like that, and basically you had every woman, every young girl in the age wanted to be like TLC.
Speaker 1: That's great marketing.
Speaker 6: Okay, so now you're talking about talent wise concent t bos consent, yes, but they don't sing great.
Speaker 1: Or good.
Speaker 6: To go diamond though, right, So just what.
Speaker 4: Is an average singer? She had a really unique tone, that was the thing. But I think she was an average singer. I think Chile he was probably a low average singer, maybe a Schmidt above. But I think it was a great marketing campaign, Like the whole idea is what made it work.
Speaker 6: So they the marketing made them go diamond.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, it hit at the right time and the hitch was good. Hell yeah. I think.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying I agree with six. I agree with uh no, no, I'm talking about six. When six said it takes time in the time, I.
Speaker 1: Gotta be right.
Speaker 3: I think I think I agree with six with as far as the time, and I agree with you as far as the marketing. But I think Trapp is trying to say that even if you got the timing and the marketing together. It takes a lot more than go diamond, though he got something else wrote the record.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: Have a talent, all right.
Speaker 6: So what was the what was the hair burned moment right there? You mean, like the Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: Moment that made them remember what it was at a time too?
Speaker 6: What what did the same sex promotion with the same sex promotion that they was doing. Remember they came out with them with the condom over the eye and all. That was it that.
Speaker 4: I don't know, we have to really add JD one of them, like what was going on at that time? But they they weren't quite I know she burned down Rising House, that was the thing.
Speaker 1: I remember that being a big thing. But again, these are somebody else wrote the records.
Speaker 4: They're really great written records there they execute them just enough. I think that was a perfect example of really great marketing on really decent times.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, I mean if if that, if it was just if it's just marketing and right and great records groups? So well, man, so y'all think they were thoc.
Speaker 1: Though it was all really three female groups. I believe I agree with you, But they were not TLC.
Speaker 4: But it's like people thinking, Like when people talk about Drake and they're like, oh, he's the it's like they've had that they're gonna keep generating that time. It may only open every twenty five years or forty years, who knows what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They'll find another one. That's what they do, that's the business. That talent is here.
Speaker 3: I feel like they'll find another Marion We I mean, you don't find another TLC. Like you don't find another Michael Jackson. I'm not saying TLC's Michael Jackson, but you don't find another Mike another like, but is there some groups that you just don't find another of. You might find another group that's good or you can do something with, but they don't.
Speaker 4: I don't believe that neither. I think everything comes back. They'll always find it. Now, can you match the moment Chris Brown was Michael Jackson to some degree reincardinated, but they just couldn't match the moment You.
Speaker 3: Think at some point Chris Brown was on the same trajectory to be Mike, to be Mike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chris is bro Chris. The way they used to talk about everything with Chris. I love Chris Brown.
Speaker 4: I mean the way the office is talked about him. He was like a different type of entity. He's a bad motherfucker.
Speaker 1: He was special.
Speaker 4: I agree and like it dampened every because Mike is not just Mike. Mike is is the ship Joe Jackson had him doing.
Speaker 6: They thought Campbell was the next Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: Bro that's different. And Tevin could sing under a table. Up, hol up you think so, Mike I could sing like a mother Okay, Tevin Campbell's not that. Tevin can sing. He can't sing, but he not. He's not a way better singing than Michael Jackson, not way better, but he is singing under the table. Tevin is a bad motherfucker. Very few vocals I heard like his that nigga is Kevin Campbell can really sing? I agree with you, And and.
Speaker 4: Michael Jackson saying too, I'm not Michael. I'm saying I'm just telling you, Tevin Campbell's a better singer than Michael Jackson. So I can understand why people thought that. But Michael Jackson Michael just because of singing, and he's a great singer.
Speaker 7: That's a hot take.
Speaker 6: That is a.
Speaker 7: What's that once they saw that's a hot take.
Speaker 6: Bro, that really hot take. Trap that Tevin Campbell the better singer than Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: Tam was cold cold. Michael Jackson is more than singing. Michael Jackson was a really good singer, really.
Speaker 6: Great ranger, A ranger, ranger.
Speaker 1: ID a million things. Tavin Campbell was just a great scene. I think we're forgett about Michael jackson earlier stuff.
Speaker 7: I'm just talking about his voice, like we're.
Speaker 1: Just talking about no I'm saying I agree, shout out to more gust take. So so six six you think Tavin Campbell's a better singer than Mike.
Speaker 7: I don't think so. He's he He's ridiculous. He's ridiculous. I don't know. But for me too, it's like I've always loved the I've always loved singers. I have really unique tones like Michael Jackson. We don't hear another voice like Michael Jackson. So that always maybe that's a little bias bump just because I like unique tones.
Speaker 4: I think Mike is probably like in the bottom half of the twenty Greatest Male Vocalists, And.
Speaker 1: You think Tevin Campbell's bottom, You think Tevin Gamble's in the higher half, or Tevin Campbell is, but Devin is so because Tevin is only singing. Can tell Michael Jackson like Michael Jackson is one million things. Michael Jackson is a child star, TV dancer, a fucking machine. He produced his right records. Tevin is just a singer. Let me question listen, hold up, Coach, Tevin like men and it's still a big deal. That's how good of a singer. Nigga.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no, no, Mike than not, don't do that. Do that, Mike go fishing, Mike Fisher.
Speaker 1: Kevin Campbell liked me and all Kevin Campbell could do, what's seen and everything he is.
Speaker 4: It is just because how well he seems. Niggas don't even care who he fucking You know that playing full of people like Freddie Burgery, Luther Vandro.
Speaker 1: Michael Jackson. Hold on, hold on, hold on, now, why are you playing?
Speaker 6: Mike?
Speaker 1: Michael Jackson got all types of ship ship about it. All true. I'm not saying it's not sure who you ever seen coach Coach? You've never seen the video? They yo where they go yo.
Speaker 6: When Mike refers to he says, he said He's going fishing, and they got mad videos. I'm talking about going fishing, talking about going a woman and like all this, You're going fishing, Mike.
Speaker 1: Mike wasn't gay.
Speaker 6: At all.
Speaker 1: The King wasn't gave, Prince wasn't gave.
Speaker 3: No Prince Prince, Prince Prince, and I love Prince Bro Prince Prince bisexual issues.
Speaker 1: I can't say that for sure either though, because there's nothing concrete out Prince No, No, again, it's not. Tevin is like a top tier male vocals said Tevin is better than Mike.
Speaker 6: Is not like that.
Speaker 1: They ain't no regular Nick. Tevan is a bad move like everything Kevin, like Winnie Houston, everything, Winni Houston, Tevin Campbell, Luth the vantage of some of these people. They just only good scene.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 3: But King came from an era when they had the scene they was only singing. I don't think he think Tevan is that good as good as you're making.
Speaker 7: The scene, King, King, Tevan is that good for sure?
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: Do you think if Michael just just was a singer, just just did not dance and anything like that, do you think he could have been as big as Tevin Campbell ended up being.
Speaker 1: That big, big, not that big though a couple of records.
Speaker 3: I'm asking, do you think Mike would have been as big, at least as big as Teven if he only just saying yeah, for.
Speaker 1: Michael could have got far with only on voice alone. Michael can sing.
Speaker 4: I just said, I'm not saying that Mike can't. That's not I'm not putting Mike. I'm telling you Tevin is a better singer to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's why, okay singer, Okay, okay, Tevin compared the baby Face. Yeah, no, Tevin Camera is a better singer the baby Face, Yes, for sure.
Speaker 7: You you know who don't get enough camel. You know who don't get enough credit?
Speaker 1: Tank Tanks are under Yeah, thanking, I don't think. I don't think Tank is a great singer. He's an under He could sing a lot better than he but he's not heaven.
Speaker 4: When he is different, having his different mini rips. Some of these people are really Luther, They're really just singer.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question, was Tank? Was Tank the worst singer out of T G T.
Speaker 5: No, no who?
Speaker 1: I think he sung better than he's signed, better than JR.
Speaker 6: One Wine.
Speaker 7: I think he's sing better than both of them. He's sing better than ty six hot take. I think right there, everybody listen, I.
Speaker 3: Don't I didn't been in the studio with this nigga.
Speaker 1: Incredible Okay, Okay, that makes okay that the who the best singer?
Speaker 6: Like l s G.
Speaker 3: All right, you got inside information? Okay, Tank?
Speaker 7: Is he really that? Tank will tone it down for sure?
Speaker 1: I know you underrated for sure, will turn it.
Speaker 7: Down so other people don't get you know, overwhelmed. But like he would really be like he'll turn it down in sessions like I'm not gonna over sing this song. But he really he really that dude.
Speaker 1: Okay, tanker thing for sure? He definitely underrated.
Speaker 7: But you said LSG Trapp, Yeah, what the.
Speaker 6: Best thing out of the nigga? Jeralderf Ge Okay, who you got god bless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe, Johnny, Look Johnny, I don't know, Johnny, Johnny, john Johnny got.
Speaker 4: My favorite mother fucking uh new Jackson Wing song of all time. Johnny is a bad motherfucker. But man, with Gerald, it was effort, bro. He didn't even have to try, Like I could always feel Johnny give trying.
Speaker 1: Then not a little closer than we thinking, No, it's close close, I'm not all of these things.
Speaker 4: Michael Jackson and Tevin Campbell's close, so like they're close, I'm just saying I can clearly hear better.
Speaker 1: Freddy Jackson is a bad motherfucker.
Speaker 6: Freddy Jackson's crazy. Yeah, Jackson's crazy.
Speaker 4: When we say talent, the first first thing I think about talent when it comes to R and B right is singing.
Speaker 1: And then writing and then dancing. So what I'm telling trapping him is like.
Speaker 4: Frank is a perfect example of really good marketing, really average talent average, not today today, He's an outstanding talent, average in the in the grand history of his particular genre. He's an average talent by far. He's not on any level with Brian McKnight. He's not on any level of the upper tier guys.
Speaker 1: That's not.
Speaker 4: Frank Ocean. No Frank, Frank Ocean ain't no Tank level. Tank is is different. Tank like Frank is the.
Speaker 1: Best of today.
Speaker 6: Frank last back in the Day track why are You Rocking back and Forth?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Imagine, imagine, imagine that Frank Ocean dropped that album after Luther Van Draws.
Speaker 1: Dropped his first album. The times were different, though, no, don't say the times were different. That's the only difference niggas can see. That's the only different times. I think that definitely, Luther is a better singer than you keep naming. Luther is a bad writer than Tavin. Luther is a better writer, producer. Luther does everything better than Frank Ocean by far. That's the problem. You thick the one the all time greats. I'm telling you Luther Van Draws is.
Speaker 5: It's not just because he all times Marvin Gay is way but everybody Brian M.
Speaker 1: Knight is way better.
Speaker 5: Like I could go down a list of people way better, prints, way better, Michael Jackson, way better.
Speaker 1: It's like, and I'm just after this, like he's a he's a. He's a.
Speaker 4: He's a good He's an average to good talent, but he's not anywhere near a great R and B talent. He's a great today R and B talent because R and B is in a weird place, like you gotta really be good.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, especially as far as the singing go. I think if he just wrote more, I think we'll be able to tell how good of a writer he is.
Speaker 1: Even the stuff that he wrote ain't nowhere near there.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's good enough to where he's not he the average singer in it, and it really does well still.
Speaker 4: But does what that's my problem does well. It's kind of like he's not Sizza Sis' is a great writer. My problem is Siza is a better singer and writer than Frank Ocean.
Speaker 1: I do wonder if if if her is a better writer and singer than Frank Ocean. I do wonder if he did if his if he did he did some more, would he be considered He probably be over her bike right now if he did, if he just did more, no fucking chance. He is the real deal.
Speaker 6: I think you like her no work in any era, all right, So look right, so yes today we did sign I think I want to ask you this right here, glasses right, So yesterday we did something eighty AHD. I came with some new new thing that we do now. We do like a draft with the music though, right, So you had to you had to you had to draft a label basically. So basically it was it was like six different spots we had to fill up. So it was a it was your franchise superstar, your vocal performance star, your underrated gym, your songwriter or producer, your your wild card. That could be any It could be like a legendary group of a legendary artist, or it could just be a new wave talent and you're under thirty artists. Who would you select for your for your vocal powerhouse? If you want to select one person? Ver, who's your who's your who's your franchise? Superstar?
Speaker 1: Stevie Wonder all them my albums, I get out of him. I never had to work again.
Speaker 6: Who's your underrated who's your underrated gym?
Speaker 1: Jamie Fox? Oh? Okay, somebody alive?
Speaker 6: Who's your song riter or producer?
Speaker 1: And or or it could be either all but it only be one person.
Speaker 6: Only be one person. They could be Jimmy James try Lewis though, you know, but they gotta be one one, either a songwriter or a producer, j.
Speaker 1: D and Brian Michael Cox. Okay the okay? Okay, who's your wild card? Do everything? No?
Speaker 6: Your wildcard is basically like that's what I'm saying when you did stevee Wander Do you guys see one of day?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 6: But your wildcar could be like a group. It could be a new wave talent.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm gonna go to I'll get money off their favorite.
Speaker 6: Too, all right. And who's your who's your under who's your under thirty star? That's a kid under thirty.
Speaker 1: Somebody I'll have to develop. Yeah, that's a great question for him because you know he don't like No, I.
Speaker 6: Love, I love, I love.
Speaker 1: Big extra plug.
Speaker 6: No, it's the R and B. You don't sing o R and B.
Speaker 1: Okay, you say it. Hers under thirty two, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Hers on the thirty. Somebody picked somebody picked her. Somebody picked her, hers under thirty.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that would be disrespectful. Dope.
Speaker 6: We had some dope. It was about ten people, so we didn't her. I like her. It was it was ten people, and we did. We did a draft and snake order to the Some of the teams came out. Somebody actually, the one I'm looking at right now, they had her hers. No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shot.
Speaker 4: Everybody at the lowis table talking ship. I'm not saying I think Ocean couldn't have one hit record in the eighties. I'm just telling you to have one hit record in the eighties. Y'all talk about this nigga like he's Stevie wonder. I just don't know how much here dropping it he does, don't drop enough, Like.
Speaker 1: Ifig drops, what does he want to none of that ship is.
Speaker 3: If Frank Ocean dropped a lot, I think he would be closer to Keith Sweat than you think.
Speaker 1: He don't have.
Speaker 4: He don't never, he don't have. He don't have Nigga keep sweat is Teddy Riley nigga? No, no he y'all gotta realize Keith Sweat ain't just keep sweat. That's the introdution of new jack swing like, that's the introduction of new jack swings. Make it last for ever, like he don't have a make.
Speaker 1: It last forever bro. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: I think he's doing Frank Ocean doing himself with disservice by just not dropping enough and doing.
Speaker 1: He dropped ain't enough. Let's just start there, man. It ain't a back heeping on Frank Ocean.
Speaker 5: I'm not sleeping on him. I think he's a marginal o' talent. He's just perfect.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's a great singer, but I think as far as his writing and all that kind of stuff, I think I think he's an a minus writer.
Speaker 1: I gotta go listen. I gotta listen to You don't even got a minus song song.
Speaker 4: I keep telling you the potato song man, the fact that you keep calling the potato song is a minus song.
Speaker 6: The Potato room.
Speaker 1: A minus R and B song?
Speaker 6: Is what nokas song? What is.
Speaker 1: Got a pony?
Speaker 3: If pony a minus minus? And I don't know, I don't know. We should be talking about pony. We should move, we should say another song.
Speaker 6: So what came.
Speaker 1: Pony is a minus? Because pony ain't never too much? Pony ain't a uh?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 3: I think in no gens be his a minus R and B song, Hony, that's probably be plus.
Speaker 5: He don't But but frank os don't have none of that, Not that he got songs that are like you know what he got like he don't got it.
Speaker 1: He don't got a Billy Joe me and Missus Jones coach, you gotta have that.
Speaker 5: Frank is dope. He's dope today. Today he's dope. He's dirty water in the desert.
Speaker 3: It's a desert that's coming out at workout that's coming out, and it's gonna be dope and you're gonna love it.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, Frank, dirty water in the Desert sound like a Frank Ocean song, honestly, if you're.
Speaker 4: Gonna have like you talked about a bunch of nothing. But the point I'm saying is like, Nah, Frank Ocean is not Ray Parker Junior. What the fuck is wrong with y'all? Dirty water in the desert?
Speaker 6: Right there? That's right.
Speaker 1: At best? That could be where yet damn at best? You talk about singing wise?
Speaker 6: No, song wise, I'm sure I couldn't say, but nothing.
Speaker 1: But he had a cool jam or too. Yeah, got a couple of sons, but he can't. No, But that's my point.
Speaker 4: Would you couldn't. Back in the day, people were more of a stickler for talent. Today people just don't care that we're into your brand. We don't even care about your talent. Can we fuck with you as a person? Do we believe in your movement?
Speaker 1: You feel me?
Speaker 4: That's the point, right, Frank, is in the time where we care about that stuff, and then we judged the music based off that.
Speaker 1: I'll be sure it was in the time. Nigga.
Speaker 4: If you can't sing, nigga, your ship better be over the top. Remember Keith sweat career ain't like these other niggas careers. He sweat got a decent career, good to do. Don't have a career like Prince Like he didn't have a career, like the talented people, Bobby Brown, neither their career is wasn't like that, not like Michael Jack, like the right now Frank Ocean could probably do fifty thousand fucking people.
Speaker 1: Do you think so?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: But marginal bones.
Speaker 3: I think if I think if Thinking About You or Pyramids came on right now to a group of twenty five year olds, it'd be kind of like Pony Hitting to a bunch of forty five year olds.
Speaker 4: No, coach novcme man, No, don't think he has an appeal on the age. But I think that's a lot of things. But the problem is when music don't go through generations, that's the problem. None of us was born at the same time that My Girl by the Temptations came out.
Speaker 1: Nigga, we fuck with it like we was our grandparents, so won was that shit. We'd be like, oh, this thing bumping true. We can start from.
Speaker 4: Every list you can hear songs from the fifties, sixties, seventies, eighty nineties.
Speaker 5: You get right now if you're here, but before I let go, he don't got it before I let go. He don't have those kind of songs.
Speaker 4: He has songs that matter to the generation of people he's putting out music to because they're into his brand.
Speaker 1: When I even over Can, I'm like, oh, this is okay. I fuck with this. That's like a cool B side to one of my favorite singers, probably worst album singing.
Speaker 6: But bro, the're about to say that that's not fair what you're doing. Only time on tell if them songs gonna last like that though, And I can tell you when when My Girl came out, our people probably wouldn't say, O, this is gonna be This is gonna be a jam in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Now, Nova King ain't a great damn now, it's not one.
Speaker 6: To this generation.
Speaker 4: It is, but you're missing the point. It's not to generation. My Girl was a jam to everybody who heard it.
Speaker 1: Nigga Make It Last Forever was a jam to everybody who heard it, even though we couldn't sing.
Speaker 3: It was old people who liked real singing. I was like, it's all right, I think thinking about you. Come on right now, everybody starts not in their head.
Speaker 5: I think he has a marginal Frank Ocean don't have a Jamie Fox.
Speaker 1: What's the Jamie Fox out and style? It's better than both of Frank Ocean's album okay.
Speaker 3: And I I think for me stylistically, for me, I think so, I think there. I think it's better because I think Jamie. You know, I'm not a Frank Ocean.
Speaker 1: Sing Jamie Fox. You know, fran Ocean not fan. I'm just keeping Marilla about Frank Ocean. Frank Ocean don't have an unpredictable I think Frank.
Speaker 3: I think Frank Ocean. I mean, I think Jamie Fox is more talented than Frank Ocean. For sure, singing wise, he is.
Speaker 4: More talented period. But that's the point I'm saying to you. It's like Frank Ocean is. I'm not talking shit on Frank Ocean. I'm only saying, in the pantheon a really great R and B talent X, he's not. He wouldn't be there. He's there now because of how music is consumed Now, it's more about the visuals, how you consume things.
Speaker 1: Are you with the movement? Blah blah blah. Then the last thing you do is hear it.
Speaker 3: But I do think Frank is more Keith than al though that's crazy. I'll be sure it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Because because keep Sweat and keep Sweat byself nigga, that means Frank would have to have Teddy Bright. Teddy Roddy is important in Keith Sweat's career, Like that's everything, Like that's why it was what it was. That album set off a whole successful genre of shit happened. And honestly, I'm not mad at the thought because that could be a fair comparison. Keith Sweat is a lot like uh. Keith Sweat is a lot like uh. Frank Ocean is a lot like Keith Sweat, but he didn't have Teddy Riley. That's the problem. Somebody who understood music enough to make something that would create this different thing. Now he does have a movement that people follow him. I think Frank Ocean got a lot of Frank Ocean clones.
Speaker 5: But it's like, again, if you not starting with make it last forever, then what you're starting with now.
Speaker 1: But I am kind of confused market Kip just got paid from that.
Speaker 7: Frank, I am confused on.
Speaker 3: How their marketing Frank Ocean, though, I wonder what is the plan with that but the poor ship, Like, I mean just as fear him not putting out music and.
Speaker 1: Like, but I don't think you need to believe that you need a bunch of music. Is bullshit? Really need some music, though, Like, you can't just live off the two albums forever.
Speaker 4: And the people that look the Onmie John John Quinn swear by that motherfucker, and he only got a couple of albums. People sometimes swear by that ship. As long as his music is touching people is working. I think Todd dallas Sign is a better R and B act. I'm not saying he's more successful, but I think he's.
Speaker 1: A much better act. Can't Tie sing to you. He seems better than Frank Ocean. That's the problem. Ty Be smoking cigarettes thinkings better than Frank Ocean is just this unanimous. I probably wouldn't say's unanimous. But I've heard both of them sing.
Speaker 7: I never I heard Ty in person.
Speaker 1: I never heard how to Ty sound in person.
Speaker 6: Is he good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 3: He's dope, like he's not like he's not a singer. He messed his voice up too, so it's tired out it's Nate Dog a better singer than No No, So TI is a better singer than Nate Dog.
Speaker 7: Why are you bringing up everybody? R I p man.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, No, that is I mean not saying I think because I think. I kind of when I think about I kind of think about Nate for sometimes as far as hooks, and he do way more than hooks. Tis different. Nate is very very straightforward with his approach. Got depth for sure.
Speaker 1: Tie is like Rick James. To me, I always called, oh ship, come on, bro, I know, like Rick James. That's how he approached Frank. Frank is closer to what's his face and tires to Rick James, closer. He's closer to Keys Web than tis to Rick James.
Speaker 4: Not about that nigga, man, bro, so I get busy.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna even play with that nigga. That nigga. Yeah, that nigga's the truth.
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 3: Let me rethink that because Ty is tight, Like now I'm thinking about he is dope.
Speaker 7: He just got something he is Like watching him work in the lab and like I love seeing different people's like how they approach writing and stuff like that. He just he heard things differently.
Speaker 4: Lie, I've seen him. He wanted the coldest motherfuckers I've been in the studio with. Watch him make some ship.
Speaker 1: Rick James is high praise though No, Rick Jameson is obviously on the panthem. I'm saying, but that's to me historically that his problem is he don't want to make street songs.
Speaker 4: Ty wants to be babyface, but he's more than James naturally, but he kind of pursues babyface of making more of these kind of R and B ballads versus making street songs. Street songs Like if Todd just decided I'm going to make a bunch of ship that everybody could have fun too and enjoy this ship too, it'd be over.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: We got on marketing and and and artists and artistry, but I had a question about an artist that I wonder how is he getting marketed? And he seemed like he had a problem with how he's getting marketed or how he's portrayed as an artist.
Speaker 1: And that's why A.
Speaker 7: Is really talented too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but don't y'all feel like I mean, when you guys hear people talk about him. He talked about himself. He feels I think he feels like he should be bigger.
Speaker 7: He should I think he I think I agree with how he feels.
Speaker 4: But but but that's also because that's a perfect example somebody with talent, probably.
Speaker 1: You have to figure out how to market Then what's the hitch? Oh do you think being marketable? Is it talent us or no?
Speaker 7: Bad bad not a talent?
Speaker 6: No, I was gonna say that. I think I think with this mess was was the way he was introduced to him, same with the lady got got song. So he stayed in that bag right there.
Speaker 1: That's the problem. I think, just you have to figure out what why are people connecting to you while is really talented. That's the one thing that dope. So again like he didn't figure it out, like coal, like right, like coal or dot?
Speaker 4: Where them niggas, forgive me for lack of better terms, them niggas went looking homeless.
Speaker 1: And ship and put they hear they look like backpack niggas.
Speaker 4: They used to do a thousand things to give off the field of what they were projected while a was always in no man's land. While they would have probably been a bigger rapper in the nineties, you know what I'm saying he actually is just dope. Them niggas is dope, but they also figured out how people how they needed to be marketed, while A was just like a regular DC nigga that was just dope.
Speaker 7: And you know exactly too.
Speaker 6: I feel like if you would, I feel like if you would have dived into his DC like he did it though he ended up doing it, though it would have work. Then if you look down into like yo, the Go Go ship all the way and like that, you know what I'm saying, just what was try to get into It's just some magging dope records. He made dope record, you know what, Like he got tho like low key. I remem about seening the post one time, like like while they kept R and B alive when I was dead.
Speaker 1: And that's really and you know what's really, that's really what he is. He's really an R and B ACT.
Speaker 4: I was just about to say that, asking, yeah, I was a rapper and if he would have died into that, maybe that's how they should have market him.
Speaker 1: He's really an R and B act.
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 7: That's kind of hip hop act.
Speaker 3: But if they're a lane for that though, they're a laying for an R and B rapper. That's not that's not harmonizing like Jaru or I think it is.
Speaker 1: I think rap has became so popularized, like singing like Mary J. Blige. Niggas fuck with Mary J Blige, like she was a hip hop act. Yeah that is true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like you know what I mean, Like it's not easy to market, That's what I'm saying, Like even that whole conversation, Marketing is really hard because you gotta knel it and a lot of times the suits need to see something successful in you, Like they need to see you like Chris Brown. They saw Michael Jackson, but they spent so much money. I was like, oh yeah, this cause Chris was really Chris is really probably as talented as Michael Jackson, like as a talent, I mean, but he didn't have the discipline of a Joe Jackson put in the mic that discipline makes.
Speaker 1: You different, Chris, Like you see young Chris.
Speaker 4: Chris is like an animal. Like I remember the first time I saw tape on him, that nigga was like out of this world.
Speaker 1: He was like unbelievable. He's somebody.
Speaker 4: To this day, I'll still be like, yeah, I'm gonna get one with him before this shit is said and done.
Speaker 1: He's that Chris are doing with you too, Chris? Like that out there doing music, Chris, Chris.
Speaker 4: I mean, but so that's what I'm saying, like that, I wasn't shading TC, even if it comes across that way, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Ain't TLC.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying they're not necessarily the talent. It's really great marketing with average talent. That may be the greatest marketing job in the history of marketing jobs. TLC fantastic.
Speaker 6: No, No, who was I think the greatst greatest marketing jobs being able to market a blind person like like, that's what I feel like.
Speaker 1: Nice nigga, but he was nice, but he was a blind person.
Speaker 6: To saying that we ain't never seen I ain't never.
Speaker 1: Seen the word everybody with no that was?
Speaker 6: That was great.
Speaker 1: He wanted to sit out in front of seven eleven to make a thousand dollars a day, so y'all get the money to CV and not, Oh Mario.
Speaker 7: Nigga, what.
Speaker 6: Cold?
Speaker 7: I'm not giving money to nobody?
Speaker 1: Everything who.
Speaker 6: Was marketing? Crazy though? Too? It was a great market wonder.
Speaker 1: Ain't no great market and Stevie Wonder regular nigga that just really.
Speaker 6: Bro. I mean Tivy Wonder was completely talented like like, but it wasn't that if we didn't see one before that, we had Ray Charles two before that.
Speaker 1: That's why nobody gambled. It was like, oh, yeah, we got this for sure.
Speaker 6: Here you go. This word is another one doing again, do the same thing again.
Speaker 5: Marketing, make another hulet even have a brand. Stevie Wonder was just like, I'm better than everybody that.
Speaker 1: It was like, niggas answer like, no brand, because.
Speaker 5: If you don't have no talent, that won't you won't sell no records. Stevie Wonder was just better than everybody. He was just flat out as a little kid than my bad.
Speaker 1: Yes, that that's a hitch for sure, but it's coming off the heels of Ray Charles, who was probably the biggest artist in the world at this time. It was just like early sixties. I think he came out at sixty and sixty.
Speaker 6: Yea.
Speaker 4: Ray Charles pretty much created the pop gramer, the pop charts. This nigga killing man mown people looking me come here right now? What another one of them?
Speaker 7: Every every instrument bro, he was.
Speaker 1: Better than this motherfucker as a kid.
Speaker 3: Now, Stevie Wonder Like, I can't say nothing about Stevie. Stevie is magical.
Speaker 1: You got to be to say you better than Ray Charles.
Speaker 6: He like that.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 3: Do you think Stevie would have hit his heights? Because he was great? But would he had been as big as he was if he wasn't blind?
Speaker 7: The story, it just depends, because that's what I'm it's the story depends on what people are connected to. They connected to that backstory. But that nigga give it wasn't no gimmick. He's blind and could play better than everybody.
Speaker 1: You can sing good, but he got a built in gimmick, like he gotta.
Speaker 6: Coach.
Speaker 4: You get it, Coach, Coach say, I don't think it's a gimmick At that point, I think the reality is like, oh yeah, he's Ray Charles as a kid.
Speaker 1: That's like if I was a blind boxer, but I was the best? Ask makes it different?
Speaker 3: The only thing that make Floyd Mayweather, the only thing that can make Floyd made with Way with her bigger is if he was blind.
Speaker 1: Of sports exactly, but but but also how good they TLC was not that good.
Speaker 3: No, they wasn't Stevie wonder good. No, I'm not saying that good.
Speaker 1: I'm not even talking that far out there. I'm talking about they wasn't even good. I just think I just think TLC had that that. I'm not disagreeing they do have a starquald, but I think that that is something.
Speaker 3: It's a that is a talent in himself that everybody don't got that, that is something unique that everybody don't go talent.
Speaker 4: That's that's a gift. A talent is something you develop jazz off the half. That's a gift. They do have the effector, but again, like I don't even know Stevie wanted to have the affect. Who the fuck cares. When you're that fucking good at something.
Speaker 1: Whatever and you're blind, yeah you're gonna be fantastic. People. Prince ain't blind. There's some other motherfuckers like that get cracking as big as a mother facer. If Prince was blind, he'd be Michael Jackson.
Speaker 5: Yeah probably, yeah, no, probably, So that'd be what he needed, what he needed. That'd be what he needed because you.
Speaker 1: Need some ship.
Speaker 4: So I think TLC is an average talent marginal talent right, very much if factor star quality.
Speaker 1: But man, the marketing the real superstars was the team. The team was like incredible. I think they did their job, man, but I think the stars were TLC. I think they did.
Speaker 3: I think they did a great job. I think they did awesome.
Speaker 1: I think the team was. But TLC almost sucked it up a lot of times.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I think I think they probably just maybe it was fifty fifty maybe TC. Oh no, I'm saying because they had no hell they had another TLC.
Speaker 1: Hell no, it was just left too hell No, well no, damn fifty fifty. Fifty to fifty is like fifty to fifty is new edition.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because the.
Speaker 1: Four niggas act the singing, it's three niggas sing they ass off.
Speaker 3: But while we the TC so we acting like TOC wasn't one of.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you because one of them is not. They're not one of one.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: They've had bands that are successful. They've had that. They've had successful that we've had who they name so was s W V T O C. But now you're going into the voices.
Speaker 6: That's just the voices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can't say, but they was never they not no t C. But think about it, Brad, t C, you had you.
Speaker 7: Had SVV records are way more time was t C.
Speaker 1: Would you say six.
Speaker 7: These records are way more timeless than t o C records. Rain right now, this will go crazy, damn.
Speaker 1: And I love s w V, but I think that's coming from yeah, definitely right here.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if dene chld is t C bro Like I think Beyonce was way bigger than Deny Childs. Ever was Jesse Childs was big, but it wasn't tl C big.
Speaker 1: Which about following the group. That's what I'm testing, the same thing. Desney's Child is t LC. It's the same ship.
Speaker 6: No, because you ain't get a you ain't get a Beyonce out out of TLC because the talent.
Speaker 1: I think Beyonce was the because I think t C was tl C. I think beyond stars. You got two stars out of there.
Speaker 4: Kelly Kelly the star, probably a bigger solo start than both than anybody TLC you think left.
Speaker 6: That would have been a bigger starting all of them than if she an't passed away, though.
Speaker 1: You had to. She had to be the one. But I don't know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know because it was different.
Speaker 1: Cast away from the Bay, he said, Desney's child is TLC with talent? Who who's that that cast away from the Bay? That's boy, what you say?
Speaker 6: What you say? Since I don't remember they tried to make They tried to make t l C a couple.
Speaker 7: Of times, though w I was a really bad attempt.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, yeah, again, I'm not saying, but also, everybody not the team that made TLC. That team was incredible. I agree, I think their team ain't quite like TLC team. Who I would like to know who was who was three r W team?
Speaker 3: He wasn't motherfucker. They wasn't nothing of their mother motherfuckers. I'm just saying, man, like I'm just I'm just trying to give TLC that credit.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: I think y'all taking away from TLC a little too much, a little too much.
Speaker 1: TLC had baby faced Jermaine Duprie, Dallas Austin, l A read Daryl Simmons working on.
Speaker 3: Let me ask your question, dude. Okay, and that was a great team, but did he make some of them? Also, Dallas Austin.
Speaker 1: Already called no, they didn't. They think Dallas Austin was already. They didn't. They didn't play no games. They didn't.
Speaker 4: They went and got the best motherfucker just to do it. Remember this was babyface wife, old lady. She went and got the best motherfuckers to do it. It was the best choreo, best choreographers, the best fashioned, the best writers, the best producers. You see what Jamain p Jermain du Prix had already had a number one song by this point in the country.
Speaker 1: They didn't play. They went and got cracking.
Speaker 3: They damn sure cracking. No, for sure, I agree with that, you know.
Speaker 6: But just what the saying said they wasn't talented. It's crazy.
Speaker 7: I never said that wasn't talented.
Speaker 1: I didn't say they wasn't talented. I'm just saying I couldn't.
Speaker 4: It was marn't quite recognize their talent as much as they just give them.
Speaker 1: On the talent scale, Yeah, about a four.
Speaker 6: I think they delivered on the records store. They delivered on the records.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. That's a f was for it was sport too long, a tele scale for them, force too long.
Speaker 6: I get him. All about about seven seven is a lot seven at what on the way they deliver it. They delivered you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You're doing the work, Like do they dance a seven? What about black? Remember that girl group? They didn't have fucking babyface. Yeah, the machine came run about the same time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, machine'll see though seven O two seven.
Speaker 1: Shut out to roughly and TV three h W seven O two in black and but them combined wouldn't TLC.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think again, you gotta look at how many Look at what Jermaine dupre did to Bratt, Look at what Jamaine dupri did for Chris Cross.
Speaker 1: Look at what Jermaine dupri did that. And that was just Jermaine Duprix. That wasn't babyface and pebbles everybody else. That was just Jermaine Duprix.
Speaker 3: The more I think about it, I'm really think till C was on that Lidas vibe like Ali was way more.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, like, what did that?
Speaker 7: What did she do?
Speaker 6: So you got.
Speaker 3: Her answers than TLC. I don't know, man, she wasn't the greatest dancer of all time. She she could dance a little bit like t might have danced better than her. And that far as singing goes man, Ali wasn't the greatest singer of all time. Man, she was a better singer than TLC, but not so much.
Speaker 1: Better than that. Mhm.
Speaker 3: I think you're underestimate how good Chili and T Boss sing. No, you give him before you gave him a for a singer, I don't think. I think what's the LEAs as far as the singer goes about six okay, And I think till she was probably about.
Speaker 4: To sing, she could have never sang T Box, could have never sang none of Chili, not a single one that none of them would have been big.
Speaker 3: It's cold you sing a song is different. I'm just saying because Leah had that machine behind her. Also, no, she had a good machine, she had r Kelly. But I'm saying she could sing better than TLC. I think she could sing somewhat better than TLC, but it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't like it wasn't. I think Lia is a better single than TLC singer.
Speaker 7: I would think so. I've never really heard T Bars or Chili's like raw vocals, so I would have to hear. But just their records weren't close to each other. So but just from the just a consumer ear, I feel like a Lia's voice was better.
Speaker 1: By far and Lea is about a six.
Speaker 3: But I don't know if it was about Far though, like I think Far, I think it at least because I do think I do think a Lias sings better than them.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's by but what I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, So that's what I'm saying. So if you made TLC at seven, then that, I mean, the lead would have to be a A.
Speaker 3: I ain't got TLC at seven now or six? I said six, and that means would have to be a seven or eight.
Speaker 1: Maybe she'ason seven, seven and a half. Now you're getting crazy. Seven gotta be a sing to be a seven eight seven? Give her seven. I think you've given her a No. I gave her six because you kN t C a four. That's why, because to get up in the numbers, think before is a crazy is like a number. Okay, you gotta you said vocally, and people swear by vocally vocally, people swear by Brandy Brandy.
Speaker 6: Vocally. That's what I'm saying, sixty buggets brand that's the vocal bible.
Speaker 1: Brandy is a vocally nigga yes yes, and he's a ten vocally yes yes. In my mind right there, right there, and Brandy, Brandy's right there, and she got Brandy got a little more range because her low tone is crazy.
Speaker 3: This is crazy right now, hold up, now that's your second take right there, Yeah, brand like y'all.
Speaker 4: Now, Brandy a lot of props and everybody's heard her technically trained, but she's not.
Speaker 1: The singing with.
Speaker 7: Brandy's a ten. Whatever Whitney is, is Brandy well or whatever? Twelve or thirteen? Brandy's a ten.
Speaker 1: I don't care. Brandy is not.
Speaker 6: The money.
Speaker 1: They called a vocal bible. They called the vocal bible.
Speaker 6: Whitney Houston call her that.
Speaker 7: Whitney Houston called Brandy the vocal bible.
Speaker 1: Bro Brandes were used to said that I thought that was sweet, But Brandy cannot sing as good as Whitney Houston.
Speaker 7: Brandy is so wherever y'all want to put cool ten point one maybe the.
Speaker 1: Greatest female vocalist ever. That's area better singing to Brandy. Maria's carries if if Whitneys is a tin, I got Mariah at a nine point seven.
Speaker 4: I got Mariah the nine. I got only a handful of ten female singers. Many Ripperton is one of them.
Speaker 1: What about Angela Winbush chances a little? She could sing nice one. Angela's that's a nice one, my man, uh king like, there we go. Yeah, I got you. I got you.
Speaker 4: Like Mariah's diet, Mariah is diet many Ripperton.
Speaker 1: Many is a ten? What about Shaka con Yeah, time I probably write yeah, I mean Shaka's a nine. Yeah, I don't know. I got some of these people. I got to think about it.
Speaker 3: That's what somebody y'all don't appreciate Brandy with that natural too.
Speaker 1: Oh still Brandy and Whitney, bro don't do that.
Speaker 7: I didn't say nothing about Whitney. All I said was Brandy is a ten. That's all I said.
Speaker 1: No, she's not. You said, wherever Whitney is, Brandy is dead.
Speaker 3: I said, wherever Whitney is, if you got Whitney at a ten point one or wherever you want to put her.
Speaker 1: Brandy ten right there. Brandy could have not sayen that Dolly party is on that way six is tripping with that one?
Speaker 6: But no, he's not here.
Speaker 4: A lot of people that I know in R and B swear by Brandy's vocals and not quite I haven't heard this.
Speaker 1: I think Brandy could really sing, I think busy like her low. He was nice. She could say she don't. I don't know about ten.
Speaker 7: Her rangers credit and her runs.
Speaker 6: Runs just crazy.
Speaker 1: She's not Whitney Houston. Don't appreciate it vocal, she's not and she's not many Riverson neither. I just look the.
Speaker 7: Miss you like people that are in their own tears, like like like you.
Speaker 1: Know it's a ten. Elder Barges a ten and it's one range.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 1: The margin? One ring? And Brandon he's a team one gear man, I don't know because he was as a ten. The Barges a teen. Nigga. Elder Bars might be a ten. He might be right brother, his brother might be the ten as a team. Elder Bars told the song brother is a ten.
Speaker 6: Two brothers a ten? Yeah, yeah, yeah, but bye for sweat. But that ain't no ten.
Speaker 1: Listen, tell man one gear too, so you can have one. You could have one gear. You could be a lower. Anita Baker is a team. Anita Baker might one year and she was an eighty few minutes love Anita Baker might be a ten. I love one year one year. Tony Braxton is Anita Baker junior. Yeah, Tody Braxton might be an eight point five to me, Yeah, but she cold, she is, where did you have Brandy?
Speaker 7: I didn't hear I have Brandy at.
Speaker 1: An eighty six, but I was like, I'm like a like an eight point maybe eight, okay, because because because you can't put her when you put Whitney or many.
Speaker 6: Put if Whitley puts her there.
Speaker 4: She years she couldn't hear herself. She thought she hurt herself. She thought he sounded like Brandy.
Speaker 1: She can't hear. You're not gonna You're not gonna put You're not gonna put crack on.
Speaker 3: In the chat, man.
Speaker 6: Said she was on crack.
Speaker 7: No, that's what Glass is saying. Her ears was on crack. So so Brandy sound he wasn't right. And she heard herself She's like, oh, this sounds like me. I mean we used in the abuse drugs as Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When she said that, and then she also probably just being nice.
Speaker 1: Not doing that.
Speaker 7: Brandy's first album Nigga.
Speaker 1: We think Brandy can sing. I think eight is high.
Speaker 3: I think Brandy's dope. I don't know, I don't know if she seems that much better than Monica, to be honest.
Speaker 1: With you, Brandy don't sing as good as.
Speaker 7: Man man.
Speaker 1: Marie Tima Marie.
Speaker 6: Is a.
Speaker 1: Where Wait where y'all got uh? Where y'all got a FOOI? What's her name? Man?
Speaker 6: Yeahs about six?
Speaker 1: No, I'm just asking because I'm glad you said that I got Tina Marie White?
Speaker 6: Guy?
Speaker 1: Who did I just compare? Ala? About to say?
Speaker 6: Come on?
Speaker 1: Might better than bye bye A lot? I think so, I think she does something different.
Speaker 3: Damn, Now you're gonna be sucked Upcause if I called Aliah seven, Lauryn Hill got to be like an eight point.
Speaker 1: Five, that's no way.
Speaker 3: Lauraills eight nothing, y'all might be sleeping on Layd Hill a little bit.
Speaker 6: No, Laurya Helgion sings a lot of soul though, Like so, so it comes across different.
Speaker 4: I just think you're I think you're just giving everybody too high. Y'all think I'll be giving to low. Y'all give everybody to high. I give separations like T Boys is a four, because Whitteny Houston is a ten. That's how far they are part. That's not me shopping on T Boss T Boss the same. But she's not Whitney Houston. She's not She's not Tina Marie at nine. She's not Brandy at eight that j solid seven.
Speaker 3: Y'all got Brandy at eight and Janet out of seventh?
Speaker 1: What the what the hell? I got Brandy things better than Janet Jackson eight point five? I got, I got, I got Brandy. I think Brandy's sings better than Jenna Jackson.
Speaker 7: She seems way better than Janet Jackson.
Speaker 4: Jennet Jackson six six or seven. Goodness as a Leah, probably about right there. I really never heard I can see that you never heard her sing like not her singing like I heard her songs.
Speaker 7: But Shot, oh yeah, the Ageless Wonder seven.
Speaker 1: I kind of got Shot and Jenny Jackson in the same era area.
Speaker 4: Sta is a little bit bigger, a little bit better as a singer. Jennet, Yeah, just a little tell you about a seven. Aretha Franklin, that motherfucker ten.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you're over sixty five the glasses, you're a ten. So everybody had.
Speaker 6: Every old person, look, look, look, look.
Speaker 3: I just I wish I could show y'all this long for sure as I know here you go, I wish I could show you all this. I just text a legendary vocal producer, probably the best in the world. And I said, simply rank Brandy's voice one through ten. I don't think y'all can see that, but I'm a screenshot and send the TG.
Speaker 1: What is ten?
Speaker 6: Two?
Speaker 1: Then? What the fuck is Whitney Houston?
Speaker 7: Okay, that's a great question.
Speaker 1: You can't be Ten's don't think as good as Whitney Houston.
Speaker 6: Yo, you got something. People aout to chat. Somebody said Brandy's a six. Get that.
Speaker 1: Brandy's six. I mean it deppends on how much Brandy you heard a right?
Speaker 6: The six?
Speaker 3: You're not mad that coach superman like. I don't think she's a six, but Brandy. I don't think Brandy's a six, but I think she's closer to us.
Speaker 1: She is to Brandy's the Whitney Brandy's eight.
Speaker 7: Why do you we have to just keep this like the Jordan and Lebron thing?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: You have to be comparedive with you?
Speaker 6: You right?
Speaker 1: Six? Not my bad you. Whney Houston does what Brandy does? It can't be two tens. You're right, al Look, you want me to credit many Riperton does something different than Whitney Houston.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to screenshot this whole conversation because this is a producer who is older years.
Speaker 5: I don't want to hear he got all the success in the world. But if he think it to himself, Kny Houston, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Fucking with you.
Speaker 3: That phenomenal bran to the coldest vocal producer in the world.
Speaker 6: I don't ever heard nobody said Brandley wasn't a team bugger after I have heard it before, But.
Speaker 1: The vocal bible, Brandy is not no fucking team. Brandy can't be a team because she ray J sister. Brandy can't be a tig because she's Yeah, he can't be AI because ray J.
Speaker 4: Brandy can't because she's not fucking Whitney Houston or Minie Ripperton.
Speaker 6: Whitney said she was shout out to Whitney that she.
Speaker 1: Was a sweetheart. We got some white singers. What do y'all got up here? So you don't think Maria is a nine?
Speaker 6: What's there? What's the dell.
Speaker 1: Adele, Celine Dion adel Adele could sing, but they just don't have a soul on it. But just cause you don't got the soul on it. But I'm talking about vocal that's why. That's why you sing about Addie Lynn from is she sixty five hours older?
Speaker 7: All right, so look here's the breakdown. Because he's still typing. He said, Brandy's at ten, he said, I got Whitney more of an eight or nine. Listen, listen, listen, listen.
Speaker 6: Let me right here here.
Speaker 1: Click the thumbs up. Let us know you're in the house. Let us know you're in the house. Please click the like button. Please retreat this link. This is blasphemy. I cannot be.
Speaker 7: Let me finish the stream.
Speaker 5: No Celings podcast. The No Sentner's podcast is a link on the YouTube right there, right there. You listen to this dope podcast.
Speaker 4: Conversations about storytelling her flowers from the Too Apple podcasts or Ieheart podcasts or anyway you get your podcasts from the No Sinners podcast. Executive produced by Charlomagne the God and the Black Effect Network.
Speaker 1: Diamondback Photography.
Speaker 5: Thank you for the five dollars six Do you ever dislike your beat after it's finished?
Speaker 1: I always hated my own beat after I was done. I don't know why. I wasn't sure if it was just me.
Speaker 3: Thank you diamond Back for the question. So now I get my thought out and I'll answer your question. The thought was it depends on specifics. He said Brandy. Brandy has the better tone in runs of the two, Whitney has way more range.
Speaker 1: What the I'm glad six is doing it?
Speaker 7: Back to diamondback, Uh, there was a Yeah, there's times where I hate my beats. I think, I really I used to always hate my beats until the pandemic, Like I would always like sell beats to other people, but I would never write to my own stuff ever. And then during the pandemic, I really tapped into just I don't know what it was, besides just having a lot of time, but I really tapped into a frequency that now I love writing to my own beats, but I still make you know, whack shit sometimes y'all just.
Speaker 1: Never hear it.
Speaker 6: I just.
Speaker 7: I just deleted, so I delete the worst beats.
Speaker 3: The worst beats are when I used to drink and I would be like drunk, and I'll make a beat and then listen to it the next day and it's.
Speaker 7: The worst shit I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 4: So that may have my worst podcast take I ever heard from Whoever that is, I don't even know what it is because I don't want to lose respect for listen Rod Whennie Houston is at eight and Brandy's at Jesus Christ. All right, we go se what he said, he said, what he said, and looking out for tuning in to the No Sellers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. It produced about the Black Effect podcast network and not heard radio year