Speaker 1: Morning Run with Amy and TJ and iHeartRadio Podcast. Welcome everyone to Amy and TJ. It is Sunday, May twenty fifth, and this is your Sunday Morning Run where we hopefully get you a little inspired and ready to take on the next work week, but also reflect back on the week that was. And so we are bringing you DJ all of the words of wisdom that we try to end each morning run with a quote of the day is what we call it.
Speaker 2: Hopefully give you inspiration.
Speaker 1: I don't want to presume anything as anything.
Speaker 2: They want to hear our confidence. This is going to give you inspiration, folks.
Speaker 1: This is going to change your life.
Speaker 2: Okay, too much now.
Speaker 1: All right, too far?
Speaker 2: Sorry, too much? Split the baby right there in the middle somewhere as well we need to be. But yeah, this has been fun actually because we enjoy our quotes of the day. We enjoy quotes, but you can get inspiration in just a sentence or two. Sometimes it is always fun. So we have them every day. So we got to go through for you on Sunday. And folks have been listening.
Speaker 1: Yes they have. You know, Sunday is a day we talk about this a lot. Either you go to church, maybe you take a hike, maybe you meditate, But it is a day a lot of people choose for reflection and for some sort of leaning on a higher power of the universe or just maybe being introspective. So hopefully taking all of the quotes of the day from the week before, and we can kind of go into why we chose them and what they meant to us, will give you a source of inspiration. So we'll begin with Monday and our quote of the day for Monday, and the relationship and cry once. It's better than being with them and crying daily.
Speaker 2: You can laugh about that and then sometimes it'll make you cry about it because we've all been there in a relationship with somebody one way or another. It could be a friend, it could be a relative, but it's often someone you're in a romantic relationship with and it's hard to let go. It's hard to invest something for so long in something or somebody and then think it ends. But that's the point. You're not where you need to be. We've all been there before. You go through a day in day out and you're struggling. Maybe if you're not crying daily, you're still in some way in some discomfort or disorder or not where you need to be, So end it. Cry hard and long one time, and then you stop doing it repeated.
Speaker 1: Can you just cry one time when you end a relationship for me? I don't know that that's possible.
Speaker 2: I get your point. I get your point. You can probably understand why I would say, yeah, I feel time.
Speaker 1: Actually, it was a little scary for me to think about that we could be over and you could just take one long day and cry your eyes out and woke up. Okay, fine, an hour, forty five minutes, fifteen minutes, But that you could just cry once over me and the next day you're like, and we begin.
Speaker 2: A new It's but I'm not crying daily with you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's the difference. Okay, that's as you were looking for. Okay, I didn't know you.
Speaker 1: Were fishing, looking for affirmation. I'm so happy you picked up what I was putting there.
Speaker 2: I didn't. It took me a second. But that's the key. I am not in a position in a relationship where I feel like I'm down or sad or crying daily, So this doesn't apply. But it's kind of funny but also serious at the same time, because it's that's real. It's a good lesson to listen to.
Speaker 1: Look, we've both been there, and I think most people, if they think about it, had been there, and a lot of you listening might be there now. And trust me, we know what that feels like. And it is so hard. They say, rip the band aid off. You know, there's all sorts of euphemisms for what you should do, just get all the pain out at once instead of dragging it out for years and years and years. But I get it. You look back and you think, I thought so hard, I tried so hard. I have to keep trying. I have to keep fighting. But at a certain point you have to take an assessment and ask, am I crying every day? Is this more miserable than it is not? And I always found when you make the decision to end the relationship, to cry once, right, to get it all out. When you feel relief, or if there's a sense that you would be relieved, that's a big eye opener, right, I mean versus like depression or fear or but if you actually think I would feel relief, that is a huge, huge, huge nudge in the right direction.
Speaker 2: That folks listen't like I thought This was Sunday Inspiration, not a relationship podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, so much of how you feel is about this quality of your relationship.
Speaker 2: Of course, but that was the Monday quote of the Day, which has now spawned our relationship podcast episode that we're doing right now. Well, God got more.
Speaker 1: But I just want a little note for the listener. What TJ is trying to do is say, hurry up, Robes. This is just Monday. We have to get through the rest of the week. So that is true. So a lot. Well, I know, I know your gentle nudges. Here is the quote for Monday once again, for you end the relationship and cry once. It's better than being with them and crying daily.
Speaker 2: The one on Tuesday we had. I think it's kind of a it's kind of a spin on. There are different variations of this. You hear this sentiment in several places, but this was our Tuesday quote of the day.
Speaker 1: If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. I loved this quote. It is from Napoleon Hill. You may not know his name, but there's a good reason why. He was a prominent author of self help books in the nineteen thirties. However, I did say you can still find several of his books out there. He's still relevant. But it is such a good way to put it, because sometimes things are so overwhelming and you think I can't do this, I'll never be able to get there or achieve or accomplish that. But if you actually just do whatever you're doing with one hundred percent or one hundred and ten percent, that's kind of awesome.
Speaker 2: You know, you always take note. I think I say we just in general people. How mn't you ever noticed you out somewhere and you see someone in a role doing something that seemingly mundane or seemingly insignificant job and they are putting their all into it, they're happy about it. It could be someone just dumping the trash in your office and they're doing it and they're just taking such pride in their work. I always admire and take time with those folks because they're doing the Lord's work to a certain degree. If you will a job sometimes that maybe somebody else doesn't want to do, maybe not a high paying job, maybe someone at the grocery store. But when someone takes pride and everything they do, you take notice of it. So please, folks, somebody's always watching you whatever you do, and if you are not doing great things with the small tasks you're given, nobody's gonna ever trust you with the big ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it reminds me a little bit of another quote I love. The measure of a man is what he does when no one is looking. And I think it also feeds into your own personal confidence. It's not what we look like that our confidence should derive from, or what our status is, but actually how we treat people and how we treat ourselves. And so I just think that plays into all of this. And I love that every single person can take this quote and apply it and you'll be a better person and people around you will be the better for it.
Speaker 2: Isn't that great this moment, whatever you're doing, if you just decide to do it in a great way, How it would change your attitude, How it change the outcome. You could be making breakfast right now and decide, you know, I'm gonna nail this today.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put a little you know, little crim fresh. Yes, I'm gonna sprinkle some chives on top, because it's all about there. No, It's true though, And so I love this because for me. This is about empowerment. Here is your Tuesday quote of the day. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.
Speaker 2: The next one we had on Wednesday was a It was a winner when I put it on my dressing room door at Good Morning America, but it caused people to initially react negatively and then they kind of understood what I was talking about. But this was a This was a good conversation starter at work.
Speaker 1: It certainly was. Here is the quote. We may not seem to have it all together, but together we have it all.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that make sense?
Speaker 1: It absolutely does. But I tease you about this on Morning Run because you are not necessarily someone I would describe as a cheerleader, and this kind of seems like a cheerleader quote. And so it was always funny to me that this came from me your files, because this does not sound like something you would ever say out loud.
Speaker 2: It seems you know what I wouldn't you. That's true. Okay, you know me, Okay, you know me well. But it makes so much and it was. I don't know if I would have liked it as much had I not worked where we were working, which is good Morning America. How any newsroom you've ever been in is chaos. And if you walk in there as an outsider and don't know the environment, you would never believe that these people are working together to get something accomplished that's going to come out on TV looking good.
Speaker 1: People are cursing at each other, they're running down the halls, they're stress. Some people might even be crying at a certain point.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we've seen that.
Speaker 1: There's yelling, there's crying, there's cursing. That is the truth. That is what's going on almost every day in a morning show.
Speaker 2: Sleep deprived, yeah, relationships not going well at home too much. All this stuff is happening. So take all that chaos into this quote now, And that's actually why I liked it, because you look in that environment. We do not seem to have it all together. Everybody looks a mess, everybody's got personal prop all this stuff. We don't have it all together. But you put us all together, and we have it all. We have everything we need to be successful once you put the group together. So just another example of we're better as a group than you're ever going to be as an individual.
Speaker 1: And that quote sums up why I actually walked into my first newsroom and knew I was at home and exactly where I was supposed to be because I also was a theater geek before, and I used to love that part of it that, yes, you all had a roll and everybody had to do it well, but if we did not count on each other and support one another, it was all going to go to shit. Like you just you have to be able to rely on one another to have this amazing product in the end, and that's a cool thing. It creates a bond, and it creates an external family. I love the concept.
Speaker 2: I'm glad to explain because when you said we just described this chaotic scene, you said you walked into and said, oh, I found my.
Speaker 1: Tribe because all of us, individually, we all need one another to make it a whole part. And I just I love the idea of that that you have to you belong you belong to you like teams I do, like teams I do. And this is a this is a team mantra. So yeah, if you're having some good workplace trouble with your team, this is a good quote to put up on the wall.
Speaker 2: You say team. If you were a professional athlete. What do you think your sport would be?
Speaker 1: Hmmm, I don't know, because I was a gymnast and that is an individual sport, although the team all around is important. But why are you asking me that?
Speaker 2: Because the idea of team I always My favorite sport is basketball was the thing I was best at and just love. If I wanted to be an a pression athlete, I would have said a basketball player. But as I got older, tennis and golf.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny, tennis and golf.
Speaker 2: Because of the individual I don't have to depend on anybody.
Speaker 1: Else because you've been burned.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't I'm in that wild.
Speaker 1: You've been burned by teams, and so now you're like, I mean, hopefully you're okay with a duo, but as long as you have a duo, that's a little that's a little bit less complicated.
Speaker 2: You know, it might even be golf. No, no, tennis, I mean, because in golf I have to have a caddy. I don't you want to talk to him? Oh my god, that's your Wednesday quote. Folks. We may not seem to have it all together, but together we have it all, which then takes us into Thursday one robes that you plucked out. That is just perfect. We should use it once a week.
Speaker 1: It's so true because this is a daily mantra that maybe I should even just embed in my mind because how often times we just get frustrated by everything. So here is your Thursday quote of the day. If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. That is from Maya Angelou, who of course has so many incredible wise quotes that I love to refer to, but this one. From the weather to the traffic to the partner you have to work with at work. You know, like, if you can change it, great, but think about it. If you cannot change it, change your attitude, accept it.
Speaker 2: I love this is There's so many ways you can put this in, so many quotes about it, and not like you mentioned this week, even I have surrender on my arm because that's really what it's about. We are looking at terrible weather. I think you've probably noticed this in me over the past several years, but I have put this into practice when things go to app salute hell, I'm chilling. I sometimes mostly wait.
Speaker 1: There was a motorcycle issue a couple of weeks ago. That sent you and then you pulled yourself back up, and I have to say you recovered.
Speaker 2: Here you go. You know you complimented.
Speaker 1: Me, you did on that you did because you could have taken it to a whole other level.
Speaker 2: And what I ultimately say that I can do about it. The situation is going to be the exact same, no matter if I'm sitting here smiling or sitting here fuming. So choose one. I love that that is so yes that that could be a quote.
Speaker 1: We could quote you with what you just said. That could be nothing's going to change. I could be sitting here smiling, or I could be sitting here fuming. It's not going to change anything. That is actually a really really good quote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, move over, Maya.
Speaker 1: All right, So here is your Thursday quote of the day, one more time for you. If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
Speaker 2: And then that's takes us till Friday. You were, man, you were digging deep into the bag last week with some of these quotes, and some you got them from folks. They're old school, if you no excuse me, they are old quotes, not old school they're just ancient, actually ancient that apply today. If you told me someone walking down the street told you this, I would Okay, yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: I think every week I'm going to look for one of these ancient quotes because it is such a reminder that nothing changes, that we still haven't learned, that we're still having to use the same wisdom and the same reminders to live better, even from like ancestors or like from like literally before Christ. I think we had one last week that was before Christ. This one comes to us from the seventeen hundreds in France. Okay, here is the quote of the day that I'm considering getting tattooed. The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. That is my quote that is speaking to me. I think once you've gone through certain shit in your life and everybody does whatever it is, you start realizing, why am I not enjoying the time I have?
Speaker 2: That is? I love it. I mean the tattoo might be a little much for me, but still to your point, you cannot come up with a better way to explain to someone in passing how they should be living their lives. That's just wonderful. That's absolutely wonderful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the most wasted of all days is one without laughter. This came to us from Nicholas Chamfort. I don't know how to say French names, but I think I'm getting close. Nicholas Chamfort. He's a French writer. As I mentioned, he lived in the seventeen hundreds. But get this, I love this little fun nugget. He was the secretary to Louis the sixteenth Sister, so here he was in the French aristocracy in the seventeen hundreds, and who knows what life was like back then and how he was living his life. It seems like he was better off than most. But I love that he realized, with all the work that's to be done and everything that's happening in the world, if you can just remember to enjoy your time.
Speaker 2: Everybody, ask yourself. You're you're listening right now. Have you laughed today?
Speaker 1: You just barey laughed here on the podcast Simmons.
Speaker 2: I don't laugh immediately when I wake up, because you don't wake up until thirty minutes later, and then the laughter. But it's one of those things. I I it was just yesterday I was annoyed at you. Oh you didn't tell playfully, okay, playfully because I looked at the clock and it was I think five or something in the afternoon, early evening, and I said, we have not kissed today, yep, And like, what is where? How do we get so caught up, so busy? What is going on in the world that you don't stop? And we were together all day, We weren't.
Speaker 1: Apart, were honestly, we were just together all day. We were never more than three feet from another day. That is actually true.
Speaker 2: So it's one of those things that you stop and don't get so busy that you forget caught up. And what that you forget to laugh or do the simple things or the things that make you happiest. So great quote again from your guy, Nicholas Champour, the French writer, The most wasted of all days is one without laugh.
Speaker 1: And with that everyone, we hope you take all of those amazing quotes to heart and have a wonderful start to your new week.