Speaker 1: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice. Now, along with the guys from dat leagues dot com, here's your host, Paul Jargian.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly. I'm Paul Charchi and co hosts today are Scott Fish and Thorneystrom.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's going on, Paul? Twice? I've seen you twice in the last couple of days here.
Speaker 2: I know it's weird twice the last couple of hours.
Speaker 3: Forget to say a guess, see you down at the Fantasy Feast or the football feast there hanging out with my new friends Rich and Josh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't that nice. You make friends easily.
Speaker 3: It was they're good guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you bought their beer the exact off it. Welcome back, Thank you, going to be back. You can't really be any hotter than you have been so far. In the show, you have.
Speaker 3: Hey, Paul, big down charge.
Speaker 2: Geez, some of your early preseason picks. H and we're excited to see what you've got on taps. Over the course of the show, we'll have three tough questions like we always do. We'll give you nine players upon whom you can take a chance. We'll give you premature speculation players to pick up, including at least I'm very excited about my player. I think I know who you guys are going to go with two. These are some great opportunities. Hope to work in the Jamison Williams News if you want to pick him up a week early, if you can. If you can, yeah, we'll find out if We'll talk about that a little bit as well. So plenty to get to over the course of the show. Of course, we give you letter grades on every meaningful players. We break down every matchup. We begin with the London game. Yes, Falcons taking on the Jaguars. This is the Drake London in London game.
Speaker 3: There we go, Drake London in London and yes, yes, god, yes we can start on that side of the ball where I'm leaving Desmond Ritter on the bench. I'm sorry. I know the Jags have a bottom ten pass thee and have a lot of multiple scores to all three quarterbacks they but they haven't played Desmond Ridder. This should help improve their rank. This week, Ritter averaging like one hundred and eighty four passing yards a game. He's not doing too well. You weren't even considering.
Speaker 2: Sneaky landing spot for Kirk Cousins, just.
Speaker 3: Saying yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's the rumor out there that you're pushing. No, no, it's actually there are lots of other people saying that kind of stuff too. Drake London. I am given the C grade too though, because I want Drake London to score a touchdown in London. That's most of most of my data there. No but top wide receiver get target getters against the Jags have all gone for seventy plus yards, all three of them scored. It's it's an okay spot for him. Giving him a C grade though, just because it's a decent pesty it has been so far anyway, the against wide receivers. I should say Kyle Pitts also getting a C grade here. I know you're looking at me like you should just betch him.
Speaker 2: It's only because you had a good game in London two years years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah he did, he did. He had nine FO one hundred and nineteen yards and one touchdown two years ago to London. Yeah, exactly, it was two years ago. Actually, has nothing to do with that it has everything to do with just the Titan landscape is absolutely garbage this year, and he's he's probably the best tight end you have on your roster. Every bit about it, about his metrics, his talent, his usage, everything screams good. He got nine targets last week. But guess what, he only fifty three percent of his passes. The passes to him are catchable. Like if that, if Desmond improves just the slightest tick, he should be able to notch down a C grade. I don't think you're wrong, Donald parum At least you know he's tied for the league lead in red or targets inside the five yard line. You have a decent chance of a touchdown with Donald Parhum. Over on the other side of the ball, we got Trevor Lawrence. I'm giving him a D grade. Is that okay? Charge?
Speaker 2: It's not okay? You have a here allow me to read it, because yeah, he's a bad example. You have a choice of a B, C and bench. That's the more opportunities to place your guy in the right spot. All right, are we put in Trevor Lawrence?
Speaker 3: So Trevor Lawrence, he's playing a Falcons D That held Jordan Love, Bryce Young and Jared Jared Goff each to their worst passing days of the year. So it's not actually a great matchup. It's one of the lowest over unders of the week. He's looked off, and he's looked off so far, Trevor Lawrence has because it's such a tough grade. I'm giving it the dart throw grade.
Speaker 2: That would be a seed timately, because you're saying, start a ball.
Speaker 3: But he's startable, he's got he's got the weapons. I think he can overcome. Unlike those. I consider him a better quarterback than those. Maybe not golf, but you know, better than Love and Bryce Young. I'll give him the grade. Fine, I'll bump in them. Travis Etn a grade. The Falcons allowed ninety eight yards to Miles Sanders, eighty two to Jamior Gibbs, and even aj Dillon, Yes, twenty twenty three A J. Dillon somehow had sixty three yards on them. The only buggle boo is Falcons have only allowed an RB to score once and just eight receptions. It's not a lot of passing passing work, but Travis Etn gets seventy two percent of the opportunity share about four pass catches per game. That's gonna boost you up. I got him with a B. I could move him up to an A though, just because that volume is high and it's going to be a low scoring close game where he should get a decent amount of work. Tank Bigsby on the bench. I know he's converted two of his three carries inside the five yard line, but his snaps keep going down, his touches keep going down. It's he's just on the bench for now. Over to the passing game or over to the wide receivers. Calvin Ridley and Christian Kirk. I love that you got multiple tank.
Speaker 2: Well, we have to put the bad tanks the bad right and on. Unfortunately, the bad tank sounders winning right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So with Zay Jones missing last week, he's also going to miss this week. Christian Kirk really bumped up his napshare. It was only sixty percent week one. It's been it's been over eighty percent, eighty six percent the last two weeks, and he's really delivered with an eleven catch one hundred and ten yard performance and a four catch fifty four yard and a touchdown performance. I expect much of the same here. I have Covin Ridley also with a C grade. Two straight duds for Ridley, but he dropped four passes last week. Dropped two passes. Drops are not a sticky stat. He dropped what what should have been a touchdown. Without those, he would have had much, much, much better days. It's he doesn't look like the guy that he did in Week one and in the preseason. I expect him to at least bounce back a little bit, so I'm at least giving him the season ricky.
Speaker 2: Matchup with AJ Terrell's turning into one of the best cornerbacks in the league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when the Falcons drafted him that first year, they avoided passing his way, and yeah, he's pretty decent. Evan Ingram C grade. I think we gotta kind of watch him now. Five plus catches in all three games, forty nine to fifty seven and sixty seven yards. He's going into the week. Before last night or before Thursday night, excuse me, he was right there with Laporta had eighteen catches one hundred and eighty six yards, Ingram eighteen for one seventy three. They were right in the same zone. The only problem is Evan Ingram zero red zone targets this year. That's not helpful at all.
Speaker 2: Dallas Goddard, by the way, zero red zone.
Speaker 3: I know it's weird, isn't It's just downright weird. So Sea grade on.
Speaker 2: Him, all right. Dolphins take on the Bills Store. Dolphins scored ten touchdowns last week and are underdogs in Buffalo. So this is a quot. Now you're new to the show, we don't chase last week's box score. You gotta just we gotta look at this Dolphins Bills game as its own entity. Let's start on the Dolphins side. What do you got?
Speaker 4: I don't think they're scoring seventy again, but this is a really good fantasy match hold, So we'll start with two fantasy QB four so far this season. Number one passing grade in the NFL. Number one big time throw rate in the NFL. Solid matchup here. Bills have allowed the tenth highest adjusted completion rate in the NFL. Last year, the Bills allowed the second highest adjusted completion rate on throws twenty plus yards downfield. Obviously, the Dolphins offense is explosive. Tua is an a Tyreek kill. Obviously, a weekly must start Tyreek kill. On pace for two thy three hundred and thirty five receiver yards.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good this year, pretty pretty good.
Speaker 4: So he's obviously an A, as is Jalen Waddle Sterling eighteen point one percent air yard share so far this season three point zero four yards per route run.
Speaker 2: That's excellent for Waddle. And last year, if.
Speaker 4: You guys recall both games the Dolphins played the Bills, Jalen Waddle went over one hundred receiving yards both times, so.
Speaker 2: He's an A as well.
Speaker 4: Julian Hill, the tight end the Dolphins have been using the most, can't start him. The running back situation, of course, very interesting in Miami right now. I'm gonna give both mostart and eight Chan as we've learned as the pronunciation, who apparently.
Speaker 2: Has decided after every four touchdown game he's going to change the pronunciation of his name.
Speaker 3: This is it then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this will probably be after the game he just had. That's that's cool with me.
Speaker 4: But you know, as for Most, obviously he's in the time share with a Chan. Moster played fifty one percent of the snaps last week. He is the team's clear pass down running back. Most are top five in explosive run rate, top ten in miss tackles, force per attempt excellent. I'm giving him a beat, especially in this matchup where and you guys know how topical this is going to be. The Bills are coughing up the second worst explosive run rate in the NFL so far, so that's topical to both Mostert and a chany as for a chance, you guys remember twenty two touches two hundred and thirty three total yards on forty one percent of the snaps last week eight. Chan number one in the NA in miss tackles, force per attempt, yards after contact per attempt, and PFF grade for qualifying running backs. I mentioned that the Bills run defense gives up home runs regularly. I have to give him a be just because you know the time share. But both those guys, it's a good matchup for moving to the Bills. Josh Allen obviously a weekly must start. He's an A here number five and Fantasy points per dropback since Week two.
Speaker 2: You guys recall the Week one.
Speaker 4: Dodd Jets clearly an admiration there for Alan Miami has an average pass defense. They rank number fifteen in both yards per attempt allowed and pass A rating allowed Stefan Diggs weekly must start. He's an a here, top five in the NFL, and first read share.
Speaker 2: Gabe Davis. I'm gonna give him a ce.
Speaker 4: He's been about what we expected so far. I think you guys would agree wide receiver forty.
Speaker 2: Well for Scott and I, yes, he has been what we expected. But we both thought he was gonna have a much better year than last year. So we're both buying Gabe Davis in the preseason. He's been better than he was last year by a margin for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this one, most of his routes are going to come against the dalphin cornerback Xavian Howard and Kadeer Cahu. Howard seventy two point seven catch rate against COOHU eighty two point four catch rate allowed on targets got good. Gave Davis could have a big, solid game here, but I'm giving them a seed just because those targets are going to be going to Digs. I also have to give a sea to both Dalton Kincaid and Dawson Knox. We have a bit of a quag Meyer situation here. I was hoping the Bills were going to go to twelve personnel and every single play that has not happened yet. They love running out the different formation every single time, so one of those guys can end up on the bench on any given step. When they're out there and they're used on routes, the Bills aren't really using them. Dalton Kincaid was a guy in college who the utility was downfield catching. Yeah, he only has a three point six a dot right now. That's nice, so he's just be using as a dump up. As for knocks, zero points six to one yards per route run.
Speaker 2: Not great.
Speaker 4: You can't trust either of those guys right now, but in a deeper league they would potentially be startable if he didn't have another option. And lastly, James Cook given him a grade of A here one hundred and eleven point three total yards per game on average on sixty percent snapshare, but he only has won a Buffalo seven carries so far this season inside the five yard line. But on the other hand, the Dolphins cough up the fourth highest yards per reception to running backs. James Cook obviously a very skilled receiver, so a decent matchup for him. We just hope we can get a little more carries inside the five.
Speaker 2: This was exactly the worry about James Cook going into the season that we articulated repeatedly is what's the touchdown total going to end up being? As he gets sitting in like a six touchdown year, and I think it's going to play out about that way. Yeah, he won.
Speaker 3: A crazy to us stat I heard this week, and I double checked to make sure it was accurate. Through the first three weeks. Last year, he was seventy two for one hundred and one with eight touchdowns seventy two what seventy two completions, Oh, seventy two percent completion, No, seventy two completions out of one hundred and one attempts, yeah, okay, and eight touchdowns and two interceptions. This year, seventy two completions, one hundred and one attempts, eight touchdowns, two interceptions. The yardage is about one hundred off.
Speaker 2: I forgotten you started that hot last year.
Speaker 3: Too, almost the exact same starts last.
Speaker 2: Year, and then right around now is when he had his first concussion. Yeah, I've got to pray for health this year, Vikings take on the Panthers. Viking side's getting to be pretty easy. Kirk Cousins TJ. Hockinson and Justin Jefferson are just now obvious. A's all of them producing at top three levels at their position. Nothing about the Panthers suggests a different outcome here. Let's go to the murkier guys, including Jordan Addison. Now, I love that his snapcount has risen in three straight games thirty six snaps to forty snaps to fifty six snaps last week. Still trailing kJ Osbourne and snapcount, but heading in the right direction here. And of course, the Panthers are without star cornerback J. C. Horn who's still on IR and the outside starters CJ. Henderson and Dante Jackson both allowing a passer rating of at least one hundred and sixteen. So there's optimism for Jordan Adison, who I'm putting a B in this game. Alexander Madison comes in with a B grade. Even if cam Akers is active, Madison should get most of the work, and he will be acted by the way they've they've announced as much. Should get most of the work in a very plus matchup. Carolina has allowed multiple running back scores in every game this season, allowing the second most on the entire year. They're inside linebacker. Frankie Louvu left last week's game with a hip injury, and Shaq Thompson is on injured reserve. Carolina ranks twenty third run stopping by Pro Football Focus. I like Alexander Madison in this game.
Speaker 3: I also heard they weren't playing on playing Cam on passing downs.
Speaker 2: At least that, which would make sense as well. Actually, that's a more sophisticated sort of route pickups and things that he'd have to do with that pass protection and other things for Carolina. I originally had an A grade on Adam Field, but now with the news that it's going to be Bryce Young as the probable starter here, everybody in the passing game goes down and notch because honestly, Calton was better, right, I mean, the Panthers offense play their best game last week under Dalton, but still Bryce Young startable here. I've got a C grade on Bryce Young just because the Vikings secondary is so soft right now. Miami, sorry, Minnesota, allowing a staggering seventy six percent completion rate. They ranked dead last in pass rush by Pro Football Focus. They've only generated fourteen quarterback pressures per game. It's not nearly good enough, especially for a team blitzing as much as the Vikings are. Bryce Young will have time to scan the field find his receivers in a pinch. You could go to Bryce Young this week. Back to Adam Thielen B grade revenge game, obviously as he plays Minnesota. He's coming off back to back solid games. Really blossomed with Dalton last week. Again, wish Dalton was playing here. Fourteen targets last week. Feland remains an elite goal to go receiving threat, just like he was in Minnesota. Primarily playing the slot for Carolina. The Vikings just got nuked out of the slot by Keenan Allen last week, who exploited a half dozen different Vikings dB. He's trying to guard him from the slot. See B grade for Adam Thieln C grade for DJ Chark. As an outside option here, he runs from the outside. He's going to see cornerbacks at Caleb Evans the most, and a little bit of Makai Blackman. Evans has allowed touchdowns in consecutive games. Blackman has allowed an eighty six percent completion percentage, both positive for DJ Hark. You could give a try on Miles Sanders. You're gonna want to follow this. He's got a groin injury. He was a Friday, he was a Friday missed practice. We don't like guys to get downgraded on Friday. You're heading the wrong direction into the weekend. This groind injury is a very real threat to re injure for running back because you have to do all the cutting. Sanders has experienced a decline in carries and yards per game in every game this year. Panthers run blocking has been bad. That hasn't helped him either. He is a capable receiver, but this is one thing the Vikings defense has been great at. They've allowed the second fewest receptions to running backs, the fewest receiving yards to running backs, giving up a touchdown to running backs. So if Sanders, even if if Sanders starts the game, he still gets a bench grade. Now if he's out, Juba Hubbard presumably gets like all the work and he would turn into a C grade in that event. When we come back, nine players upon whom you can take a chance. Find out who these guys are. Maybe you have injuries, maybe you have illness, maybe you've got underperformers. We're gonna dig up some deep dives for you to inject into your lineup when we come back to Fantasy Football Weekly, Take a chance on me. Nine players not normally in your starting lineup. These are all guys well in many cases you can pick up off the waiver wire injected into your lineup for possible success this weekend, we begin with the quarterback position at Scott Fish.
Speaker 3: I like that you say nine players, and I'm going to give you two quarterbacks wo, because I have to hatch here. I have to hetche all right. Derek Carr is expected to play. Yes, if he starts, he gets the ninth easiest matchup against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who allow two hundred and seventy seven yards and almost too actually two fall if you count the rushing two touchdowns per game to the quarterback position. Derek Carr at three hundred and four yards and two hundred and twenty eight yards in his two full games. His weapons will be healthier getting Kamara back as well. The other option here is Jimmy Garoppolo, who also might not play, so hopefully I want to go Jameis Winston. No, no no, no, no no no. I'm going with two guys that you hope play one of them. They both have great matchups. Jimmy Garolo versus the Chargers. They ranked fourth worst in the defensive DVOA. Jimmy g is second in fifteen plus yard throws. He's really getting the ball deep down.
Speaker 2: There, Jaybe. It was Kyle Shanahan that was holding him.
Speaker 3: Back to all his betting concussion protocol, but he practiced the last two days of the week. Chargers allowing an average of three hundred and sixty yards and two point seven scores per game on their way to being the worst against fantasy quarterbacks. Hopefully one of them goes and go pick them up, because I'm sure those two guys are available.
Speaker 2: Well, they probably are, actually, Derek car Jimmy all right, you're taking chance at me quarterbacks, So nice.
Speaker 4: Last segment we talked about the Bells and the Dolphins, which is the obvious fantasy game of the week. I think the Colts in the Rams is this is non.
Speaker 2: Obvious sneaky game of the sneaky.
Speaker 4: So with that being said, Matthew Staffords might take a chance on me. Quarterback number six in passing grade this year for Matthew Stafford, number nine yards per attempt for Matthew Stafford this year.
Speaker 2: And this is a really good matchup.
Speaker 4: As we're sort of alluding to, the Colts are allowing the fourth most fantasy points to opposing core this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a nice start for him. I'm gonna go. Russell Wilson taking on Chicago. This is for all the problems the Broncos have, like, none of it is on Russell Wilson. He's thrown multiple touchdowns and or three hundred passing yards in every game. The Bear secondary in ruins with injury and ineptitude. They've allowed seven passing touchdowns already. Two of Wilson's three receivers have got strongly positive matchups in this game. Chicago's pass rush ranks thirtieth by Pro Football Focus, and they've generated one sack and seven quarterback hits in three games. Think about how bad that is. Unbelievable. Let's go to the running back position, Scott Fish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I have Elijah Mitchell here, the San Francisco forty nine ers against the Arizona Cardinals. They're more than two touchdown favorites. Now, I will say Dallas didn't do so well against last week.
Speaker 2: Rico, Dowolves probably sounded pretty good last.
Speaker 3: Week, and Donald actually didn't do too bad last week. Elijah Mitchell more than two touchdown favorite CMC likely to get some rest here where Mitchell can come in. He did see fourteen touches last week in a similar game script where they won by what sixteen points or whatever? It was nineteen points? I believe it was. I saw fourteen touchdowns in a similar game script last week, and the Cardinals sixth worst against fantasy quarterback running backs.
Speaker 2: All right, Surry, you're taking chance on me running back speaking of Rea, Sorry mode, you're a lot a bit there, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And going along the same thought process the Fish had for his Obviously, Dowdell is Tony Pollard's handcuff, but I think he could have standalone value in this game against the Patriots. Dowdell is playing really well in his limited looks, number sixteen in PFF grade for running backs this year. You guys mentioned his game last week, forty six total yards on seven touches. En Rico scored his first career touchdown. If the Cowboys throttle the Patriots in this game, which is definitely in play, Dowdell could threaten fifteen touches.
Speaker 3: Also, just to help his point, New England and Dallas are number one and number two in pace of play, so there's gonna be a lot of plays, a lot of opportunity.
Speaker 2: I would never guess the Patriots are that high in Pamela. They picked up this year. They really have. You're gonna love this one for Roe Sean Johnson. Baby love it. Broncos ranked thirty first against the run by Pro Football Focus. They ranked dead last in tackling.
Speaker 3: Shockingly, have twelve tackles of the year.
Speaker 2: It feels that way, doesn't it. Shockingly, Chicago's offensive line holds the league's second best run block win rate. I never would have guessed that, a seventy six percent win rate behind Philadelphia. Come on, how is the Bears offensive line doing that? Broncos have been gashed by opposing running backs through the air, allowing the fifth most running back receptions, the most running back receiving yards, and the most running back receiving touchdowns. And Johnson's been shockingly active in the Bears passing attack, averaging eighteen routes per game. Roe Sean Johnson, Now, when this one hits thor that'll complete some kind of trifecta that you have a preseason predictions for you. I love it. Let's go to the receivers, Scott so.
Speaker 3: I originally had Josh Palmer in this spot because I think he's got a good spot. And then I noticed that Jacoby Myers is forty percent started this week. What is going on with that? Yeah, he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Realize how good Jacoby Meyers.
Speaker 3: I think he's boring to people or something. He I don't know what it is. But ten plus targets and seven plus catches and eight plus yards in both games. He's got that McDaniel Jimmy G. Myers connection. For New England Chargers have allowed six wide receiver touchdowns on their way to being second worst against wide receivers. And he's got good matchups. He's he's either going against the Sante Samuel Junior or Michael Davis, both allowing well allowing one hundred and thirteen point four passer rating the other one hundred and forty nine point two passer rating against. It just a good spot for him.
Speaker 2: I like it. Hey Myers. By the way, not only fantasy owners missing the Jacoby Myers thing, how about general manager Bill Belichick? Who basically traded in on. He even contracts Joe Kobe Myers let him leave him breaking Juju Smith schusteron not good? Oh come on yeah, anyway, Thornier your final take a chance with me player. We're going back to the Well in that Rams Colts game.
Speaker 4: I'm going with two to two at Well, which people out there might be surprised. He is wide receiver twelve and half point PPR scoring so far this season. Two to has drawn at least eight targets in every single game so far this season.
Speaker 2: His role is not changing.
Speaker 4: I think he's becoming a weekly must start type of player. He certainly is this week against a terrible Colts pass defense that's already allowed thirteen plus PPR fantasy points to multiple opposing receivers twice this season, so usually two receivers are going to eat when they play the Colts. I think that's happening again this week.
Speaker 2: Totally with you on that. You know, when Cooper Cup comes back and now it sounds like he's going to start practicing next week, things will get a little bit trickier. But at Well's not running from the slot at all, basically, so he'll stay on the field.
Speaker 4: And he's the burner. They don't have another guy to fill his stretch once he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right point. Nico Collins is a long time favorite of this show, and we're going to go right back to him here against Pittsburgh. Currently tenth in receiving yards through three games, the average yards of separation Collins creates on his receptions four and a half yards. That is over a yard and a half more than league average, so he's getting open. Pittsburgh's defense has allowed the second most rushing yards to this point, so there is somewhere he used to could do the damage on the ground, but the Houston running game has not been able to generate much to this point. Collins is a great matchup on the outside against Levi Wallace and Patrick Peterson. Wallace just got thumped for one hundred and four yards and two touchdowns last week. Meanwhile, Patrick Peterson is giving up a passer rating of one hundred and forty four and has given up three touchdowns already. So Nico Collins, I'm very very intrigued. Let's go back to the matchup Steelers.
Speaker 3: Tail Let's stick in the taks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same game. Let's go to the Steelers side to start on this one and what has been an absolutely brutal start for basically every Steeler you could have, possibly Drac.
Speaker 3: I had so much high hopes for this Steeler offense. The way they looked in preseason against basic vanilla defenses at backups, we just thought they'd be so that would translate. But at least Kenny Pickett hit through his first multi score game last week, so I guess I jinxed that streak, but I talked about it last week. Probably got fifteen straight weeks with one score. He basically needs it because he throws two hundred and twenty to two hundred and thirty five yards every single game. So if he doesn't get that second score, he's not worth a start. And I'm just gonna say he's not worth a start here. I know the Texans are twenty fifth in defensive DVOA, but despite that low rank, they bring the heat, having a seventh best pressure rate in the NFL. I don't know that that offensive line and Kenny Pickett can handle that heat.
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 3: So I have I basically have only have a couple of grades here. I have George Pickens with a C grade. He's gonna need a big skill. He's either gonna need that one touchdown from Pickett or he'll need a big play. But he just gets tons of targets. He's the target yardage leaders since Deontay Johnson went out only one wide receiver his top sixty yards against the Texans. But if he's seen near double digit touchdowns, that volume alone should four or five six catches. He's gonna get in that C grade. Yeah. In the run game, man, Jalen Warren, I had more hope, but he just didn't get it done last week.
Speaker 2: Now, and he didn't give that many carries. It's like they doubled down on Naji Harris.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the other like, let's let's keep going to that that Naji Harris. Well, so I can't trust in Jalen Warren and I'm still gonna give naj the sea, but you could tell me to bench him and I would do it. Here's yeah, exactly why seventh worst against Backs seven Zach Moss and Travis etn just dropped one hundred and plus in each of the last two weeks. Just that thirteen touches for forty seven scoreless yards being his average is just gross though, But he should get the volume C and it's a better matchup over on the other side. C. J. Stroud, I do have. I could tell you I have Friar with on the bench. I and he scored two touchdowns. But he's got he's got five catches on the year, like he's just not getting all.
Speaker 2: They're not using him better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and more.
Speaker 1: C J.
Speaker 3: Stroud, I have a C grade on Steelers. Rank eighth in defensive DVOA, fifth highest pressure rate. All both good spots. But I think C. J. Stroud has looked really, really good. And Jimmy G just went for three forty two and two on them, and I think J. Stroud is at least Jimmy G level, So he looks good. So I'm gonna give him a C grade. Here, Damian Pierce, I have the D grade dart throw that's you said, that's okay right, No now, now, I'll get okay, okay grade if you want, I'll give him an he's not a dart row guy. I'll give him a C grade. His negative yards over expectation is one of the five worst in the league, five worst, and time spent behind the line of scrimmage. But McCaffrey, Jerome Ford Nick Chubb, Josh Jacobs Dale did really great work against the Steelers. They're eighth worst against running backs. It's a good spot. I'll give him a CEA.
Speaker 2: Hopefully he'd finally giving up five point five yards per perry. If this Houston offensive line can't give Damian Peterson with here, that's I don't know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: It's exactly what I was gonna say, Like, this is the spot for Damien Harrison. If it isn't, I'd be really really worried. Nico Collins, you'll take a chance on me player. I also like tanked ol I got the C grade on him too. I both him. Both of them looking good. They both get plus matchups because they'll switch on Levey Wallace and Patrick Peterson, and you've already talked about the salient points about them. Robert Woods is going to get Chandon Sullivan there on the slot. It's the fifth easiest matchup for wide receivers, uh Davante Adams, Brandon ayuk Amari Cooper. I'll torch them. The smaller speedy guys, the Debo and Myers drop fifty five yards and eighty five yards everybody. They're both very wildly viable here in this matchup.
Speaker 2: Agreed. Yeah, So our final matchup of this segment taking on the Colts, as you alluded to earlier. Well, you didn't allude, You set it out right, and you're right. There's sneaky points to be had here. You've already touched on two to two at well, tell me about the rest of the passing game here for the Rams and Matthew Stafford you already hit that too. Yeah, my two take a chance on me, guys.
Speaker 4: Moving to Puka Nakua, great of a weekly must start, already wide receiver seven in fantasy this thus far number four in first read share in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 4: Another big games coming for Puka this week Indianapolis is his zone heavy coverage defense, and they're not a good one. Puka's the Rams zone beater. We've already seen that this year. He has a forty three point nine first read share against zone and also three point four to four yards per route run.
Speaker 2: Against zone coverage.
Speaker 4: And as I mentioned before, the Colts have already allowed six different wide receivers to score at least thirteen PPR Fantasy points this year, and multiple ones in two games so Pukah is a good obviously a must start to two is a good matchup as well. Keep Van Jefferson on your bench or preferably cut him at this point. Yeh, Tyler Higbee, I'm going to give him a grade of B. He does have a solid fifteen point four first read share this year, and this is also a good matchup for him. Indianapolis allows the eighth most receiving yards to opposing tight ends. Moving to Brian's boy, Kyron Williams. If there's such thing as a volume B grade, here's a B grade. Okay, I mean that's available. You can just use B.
Speaker 2: Fish is a bad influence on me.
Speaker 3: Yes, he is well the secret the volume C is a C grade. I'm just clarifying that it's because he's gonna get volume. I don't actually love him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kyen's a sort of a better version of that. Ninety five percent plus snaps each of the last two weeks. There's okay, here's a crazy stat. There's only been five games in the NFL this year where a running back has taken every rushing attempt to carry from their team in that game. Does he have two of the five of them where Kyron's last two weeks, so that's kind of crazy. And he still play got Nuber's special teams UITs. So I don't know how that kid's but you know, doing it, or how long he can stay healthy.
Speaker 2: Now let's assume he does go down. Do I want Evan Hall? Not Evan Hall, sorry, Zach Evans.
Speaker 4: I think that would be the next one up at this point. Yeah, at this point. The player though for Kyroen, has been a little bit mediocre, you know, and this goes back to his athletic limitations and stuff like that. He's averaged eighty two point five total yards in those two games, even though he's getting all the snaps, getting the opportunities, he's outside the top forty in miss tackles, force per attempt and yards after contact per attempt. There's only fifty some qualifiers for that, so he's down near the bottom. He is an absolute cell high candidate. I agreed, if you can get anything for him in trade, like you can get a lot, you can get a lot for Kyen Williams right now, I would move.
Speaker 2: It's because people are so desperate at running back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, the usage for sure is going to be there, but yeah, I have questions about the other stuff moving to the colt side. Anthony Richardson coming back from the concussion. I give him a grade A in this matchup, only twenty eighth in the NFL in passing grade to this point, but number one in the NFL in fantasy points per drop back. The Rams have a good pass defense, but as you guys know, Richardson's legs set an extremely high floor in every game from a fantasy perspective, and a top three ceiling weekly.
Speaker 3: In terms of that, you'd mentioned the fantasy points per dropback, fantasy points per snap. He's at zero point four to six per fantasy points per snap, which means lot. He snaps the ball, he gets you half a fantasy point.
Speaker 2: That's right, no matter if he could be handing it off, Yeah, and he got.
Speaker 3: You half of It's unreal.
Speaker 2: It's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get Michael Pittman an A grade as well in this one wide receiver twelve in fantasy. He's proven the past couple of years he has quarterback proof. It does not matter, he is going to produce. Pittman has scored at least thirteen point six PPR Fantasy points in every game this season. This is a great matchup for him as well. The Rams predominantly run zone coverage. Pittman versus zone coverage has a crazy forty one point two percent target share.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's huge, huge, Josh Downs.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give him a c. He has a solid twenty percent first read share as Indyanapolis is starting slot slot this season, and he has a good matchup here against Kolbe Durant the opposing nickel. Durant has allowed a seventy one point four percent catch rate and one hundred and one point five passer rating against. You're gonna keep Alec Pearson Kylon grantson on your bench. I'm gonna give Zach Moss though an a rounding this thing out. Last two games, Zach Moss seventy six percent plus snaps both times for an average of one hundred and twenty six total yards per game. The Rams run defense is not good. They're allowing the tenth most yards after contact per attempt. As we all know, Moss is a tackle breaker.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well that's what I was telling everybody when he was in Buffalo, and I was like, he's gonna get used in Buffalo. W it's never panned out. People are stillting it now with me. Now he's getting his opportunities. Maybe it's only for like one more game, but we'll we'll find out. Would we come back more matchups for you, including the Broncos taking on the Bears. These are two of the arguably the worst and the second worst defense playing against each other, so opportunities abound. Will tell you about that matchup when we come back too, Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly Paul Jorgi and Scott Fish and throw an eistrom with you. Broncos take on the Bears, two of the worst defenses in the league playing each other. Russell Wilson was already might take a chance on me quarterback. Let's go too his receivers. I got an eight grade on Jerry Judy with a phenomenal matchup running largely out of the slot against cornerback Josh Blackwell, who gives up a one nineteen passer rating and has yet to force an incomplete pass. So there's a really nice opportunity for Jerry Judy. A graade for him. B great for Courtland Sutton against the secondary. Sutton likely gets shadow coverage from the only good Bears cornerback Jalen Johnson. He's giving up just twenty four scoreless yards in his coverage per game. So I can only get the B grade on Courtland Sutton, but Marvin Mims B grade and this could be a biggie here. He's your Hail Mary home on to plan more. Say no, that's the catches like he's on the field like fifteen snaps a game, but a dream matchup against rookie cornerback Tyreek Stevenson. He's allowing an almost perfect passer rating in his coverage of one hundred and forty eight including touchdowns and back to back games. Let's try a little Marvin Mims here. Let's get staying with the passing game. Adam Troutman zero catches in back to back weeks, so he's nothing more than a desperation dark brow. But he's running a ton of routes and Chicago's allowed the third most tight end receptions and three different tight ends of top forty yards, so in the tight end wasteland. Yeah, I'm gonna go see grade on Adam Trautman. Lastly, Javonte Williams. I like him here, Bears allowing the tenth most rushing yards and the second most receiving yards to opposing backs. It's one hundred and fifty seven total yards per game. Javonte Williams is going to get most of that. The Bears have also given up almost two and a half touchdowns per game to posting running back second most. Javonte Williams seeing forty four percent of the snaps, will take him here. This should be a good opportunity for him. Let's go to the Chicago side. Rochan Johnson was might take a chance on me. Running Back Khalil Herbert clocks in with a C grade, averaging five more snaps than Roshan Johnson along with a couple more carries. But of note, Johnson out carried Herbert last week by one carry. And I already discussed the broncos many row woes against the run when I was talking about Roshan Johnson. So you know, if you've got little Herbert on on your roster, you may as well start him here. It's the easiest matchup of the year, all right. What to do about justin Field? So it's been a disaster for fantasy owners who went to bat for justin fields to the first set of games, and you know if you finally bench him, he's gonna blow up. Right here, He's gon to run for hundred and forty yards and two touchdowns. The best reason to keep him in your lineup is this. After getting two and then three designed runs through the first couple of weeks, he got seven last week. We're here for the running for Justin Fields.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The Broncos held mobile quarterback Sam Howell to thirteen rushing yards, but he had zero design runs in that game. Denver Rank's twenty seventh in pass rush by Pro Football Focus and dead last in pass block win rate. So Justin Fields should have time. Doesn't mean he's doing anything with it, but I'm giving him a C grade here on just the totality of his opportunity. DJ Moore gets a C grade Denver Rank's thirty first and pass coverage by Pro Football Focus, but more will draw. The only competent cornerback on the team, Patrick Certain, who's more than competent. He's borderline awesome in shadow coverage. Now. Certain got worked last week, but he's proven over the course of his career to be very good. And he held the Washington and Las Vegas receivers to sixteen yards and seventeen yards in his coverage. It's potentially a tricky game for DJ Moore only a C grade, and Cole Comet is on the bench diminishing targets receptions in yards. In three games so far, for all at Denver's defensive woes, they've held down opposing tight ends, allowing just modest forty one yards per game to the position. Cole Comet, nothing special on the bench. Let's go to Bucks taking on to these Saints. Scott.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is actually kind of one of my favorite matchups because because we have Mike Evans versus Marshaw Lattimore and all their drama. Yea. And on the other side you got Carlton Davis who held Michael Thomlas to zero receptions and then called him slant boy. I love it. So we got some drava. The wide receiver, the cornerback matchups. Baker Mayfield I do have on the bench, though. I love what Dave Canalis has done the oc higher from Seattle, who made Gino Smith be awesome last year. He's really done it with Baker this year too. But New Orleans is holding opposing quarterbacks to two hundred and three in yards and one score stat lines. They ranked sixth in defensive DVOA and honestly Baker's stats, I mean he's averaging two hundred and twelve yards and one point. Like it's not even that that spectacular, but it's it's better.
Speaker 2: Than we expected.
Speaker 3: Ben, It's just not the match This is not the matchup for it. I do have Mike Evans with a C grade in that Marshaan let like, he's been a level all year, So a C grade is really low. It's just because it's Marshawn Lattimore and we've seen a ton of benchworthy games and even injections and fights from these two since twenty seventeen. He's scored four times in those ten matchups against Latimore, averaging about sixty five yards each or was under sorry, I was under sixty five yards in eight of the ten. That's that's where the stab was. So C grade there. I hope you can hope you can get some in this better year for him. B grade on Chris Godwin. If Paulson Dable goes, it may be tougher sledding, but he is dealing with a hamstring injury, so maybe not you never know, but he's allowing six catches for seventy one scoreless yards. If not, it's Isaac ye Yeaedamy item im think it's m I might be Yaem who allowed four for thirty in a score last week in replacements. So it's an okay spot for Chris Godwin's he usually has the better he scores. He's scored more Fantasy points than Evans in four straight of those Saints Lattimore matchups, So B grade there Over to the other side, New Orleans Saints side. Derek Carr was kind of a take chance on me, Hedge.
Speaker 2: He really was.
Speaker 3: Is that what it is? Because it's a decent matchup for quarterbacks there. I love his I love Chris lave He's gonna get an A grade for me. Justin Jefferson one hundred and fifty yards. DJ Moore one hundred and four yards. AJ Brown one hundred and thirty one yards. The number ones are doing what they do against the Bucks defense and Chris LaVey in general. Seven plus catches, one hundred plus yards. He just hasn't every game. He just hasn't scored. Well, he kind of scored but stepped out of bounds. At the leg. That cost me a game in our home league. Charge that step out did out, I'd be three and oh, I hate that, hate that. I was high fiving my son and then nope, nope. His worst game is eight for eight or six for eighty six. That's his worst game. So a grade there, Michael Thomas C grade in that Carlton Davis matchup, He's got at least five for fifty yards in every game Number two is against the Bucks. Sixty one yards, thirty six yards, fifty eight yards, all four to five catches. That's good. All three scored. They're letting the number two score and they're not letting the number None of the number one scored, all the number two scored. So it's kind of a weird situation.
Speaker 2: What do you think about the number three Rashid No, Now, he scored on a punt return, he scored in every game punt return last week, but no catches to go with it.
Speaker 3: Heart, Yeah, I'm keep him on the bench, but if you want to dart throw him in a decent matchup, you can dart throw him. But I have a bench grade on him.
Speaker 2: I don't think we have time to work in one more matchup.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you one question then if we're like we got a minute here, right? Yeah? I told you I play in the league with Darren Waller, and I was gonna offer Darren wall to himself so I could get some fined that information. I picked him two picks before he picked yeah, and he picked TJ. Hockinson. Can I trade him Darren Waller for TJ.
Speaker 2: Hocketts because he has to take himself?
Speaker 3: Yeah. J. Hockinson is better than that.
Speaker 2: He's got. I want you to do it on this break, and then I want you to report back whether or not he actually takes the trade because he kind of has to take himself, doesn't he.
Speaker 3: TJ.
Speaker 2: Hawkins is the highest scoring tight ended fantasyball. That would be great. Jamison Williams gets a is coming back a week early now. He's probably locked in your system because he played on Thursday night. The lanes happened to have played Thursday night. He probably can't pick him up. But note that he's coming back. I think it could be a slow It might be slow to get him working back into the system because Josh Reynolds is good. Cliff Raymond's making big plays. I don't know that he walks into a big starting role very quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know either, but we do have to remember he averages forty one yards per catch.
Speaker 2: Against the Biking.
Speaker 3: Against all teams. That's a touchdown at every every catch.
Speaker 2: That's right. Guarantee leagues are super fun and we're still forming new Guillotine leagues. You get to play for fifteen more weeks. You know it works. The low screwing team gets chopped every week and all the players go to the waiver wire where the rest of us build superstar rosters. It's Guillotine Leagues dot Com. Tons of fun, and you can still join a new league. Back for our number two in Moments, our number two Fantasy Football Weekly, Paul Charchi and Scott Fish and Thor Nystrom with you. This is a game we like to call three tough questions. Tough question Number one is Derrick Henry cooked? Scott Fish?
Speaker 3: Sure? Sure, Normally I don'ly I like to, you know, delve onto the positive. But Spears got more snaps last week. The eyebe doesn't. He doesn't look as dominant, his metrics are down. He's always like been buoyed by these late in game wearing down of the defenses or you know, a big, huge play. He had that one big catch in week one, but that's it. Otherwise, mostly short runs and even when he was wearing down in week two, twenty five carries here we got like seventy yards. He's not getting what he used to get to be dominant, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So you're yes, sure works as a yes on this sure thor is Derek Henry cooked?
Speaker 4: I would say he's medium rare cooked, not fully cooked.
Speaker 2: Well that's not that's that's evehen that's on the that's medium rare is that's barely barely cooked. He's barely he's partially cooked.
Speaker 4: I mean he's seventeenth in PFF run grade right now, he's thirteenth in yards after contact. They're obviously spelling him more as Fish was alluding to before, and attempting to protect him more, and he's already starting to pick up some of these nagging injuries.
Speaker 2: Partially cooked, not all the way cooked answers, Yes he is. He's carried the ball fifty one times. How many broken tackles He's got five, Dereck Henry five broken tackles on fifty one carries in PFF's elusiveness rating. Only four starting running backs are rated lower than Derrick Henry in yards over expectation. Dereck Henry is a flat zero. Guess who's third running in the same offense. Taj Spears is sitting behind Christian McCaffrey and Bijon Robinson. Last week in a one sided loss, granted was a one sided loss, and they were behind early. Henry was on the field eleven snaps, Spears thirty three snaps. Holy cow, this is a very And by the way, do you think Tennessee's going to fall behind frequently?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah they are. This is Look, I'm not saying Derek Henry will never have another good fantasy game, But what I am telling you is the end is effectively here. Right Derrick Henry, You've enjoyed the last four years. That's over. This is this He's not the best running back on roster right now. Tough question Number two. Alvin Kamara makes his return on Sunday. On balance for the rest of the season, will Alvin Kamara be an RB one RB two flex or will he be a bench player? We begin with Thorne Eistro.
Speaker 4: I think he's a low end RB one. The rest this season. He has a skill set that they really really need. You've seen especially with the injuries when Williams didn't play, But even when Williams is playing, he's just trying to carve stuff out with the lack of explosion last week, you know, trying Kendrick Miller, trying some of these other guys. They really need him. They used to just going to dictate that low end RB one designation.
Speaker 2: All right, Scott Alvin Kamara on balance for the rest of the season. Will he be an RB one, an RB two, yeah, flex or bench.
Speaker 3: I was right with Tho. I was like, low end RB one, high end RB two. I'm gonna sit at RB two, just a hedge a little. I guess he's got five bottom seven matchups that are going to be great for him, only two against top ten defenses. Granted, we're working on a three game sample size, so a lot of that can change by the time it gets to him. But he's a guy who's likely to see fifteen plus touches. That's what he did almost every week that he suited up last year. Averaged nineteen touches per game last year, and he had mark Ingram and David Johnson there, so even when Jamal Williams gets back, he should see the same type of touchload he got last year. Three out of his four final weeks were RB one weeks last year. I think he's going to be an RB two quite often, and RB one a decent amount as well, but RB two I'll go with just high end RB two.
Speaker 2: Assuming Jamal Williams returns in three weeks, which is a huge factor in this.
Speaker 3: I think the most key's better than old mark ingram from last year.
Speaker 2: He is a lot better the most common grade Alvin Kamara is going to get the rest of the year is going to be beat and that makes him an RB two. Of course, Jamal Williams stealing goal line work, but he also have Taysom Hill stealing goal line worker. And remember last year. Do you guys remember how many games in which Alvin Kamara scored a touchdown last year? He scored in two games last year. That's it. Kendry Miller's now playing that dilutes the backfield further. Tony Jones might still be a factor. Kamara is gonna help Vie of the pass because he's really gifted that way. But get this second half of last year this was all Alvin Kamara was giving you through the air. Two catches for twenty two yards second half of last season. That's our most recent sample size. There's still a lot of reason for concern here at the touchdowns. Maybe not as much help in the air game as we think, but still starting running back for an NFL team RB two. Tough question number three. Miami running back Devon A Chan stunned everybody with four touchdowns last week. On balance for the rest of the season, is he gonna be an RB one, an RB two, A flex or a bench player? Devon a Chan, Scott Fish.
Speaker 3: Devon A Chan. It's gonna take me a while to get it, really is I put flex? Given the injury history of moster at Wilson and Auchmed, I think there's a decent chance he gets, you know, some okay workloads. It's on a you know, a good offense. It's gonna be a lot of scoring opportunities to his talent and skill set, especially for the scheme they scheme. That offensive scheme all great, but there's gonna be a lot of splitting in and Mike McDaniel himself even this week was like, I feel like we got a five running back rotation that he wants to utilize their skill sets differently for different teams so that teams can't you know, plan for them, and that scares the crap out of us fantasy owners if that's his plan once Jeff Wilson gets back to just be using all five of them like that. So I went with flex. He's gonna have his moments all right.
Speaker 2: Thor for Miami running back Devon a Chan on balance for the rest of the season, will he be in RB one, an RB two, a flex or evene.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say RB two on balance where I think it's gonna come as like half the weeks you're going to get the RB one production that half the weeks it's going to be less than that, I think, But I think it's going to balance out to RB two value. The whole thing with the platoon and the time share there. It's pragmatic with regards to A Chan. I mean at Texas A and m Jimbo Fisher phone he kept wanting to give eight Chan all the touches because it was the only way the Aggies could generate offense well. Han and the last season he missed two games with an injury he'll get He's one hundred and eighty five pounder. He's going to get hurt. I'm soaking wet. He's gonna get hurt if they use him too much. So the time share thing works out for him. Some games, what he does is hit dingers. So when he does, like the last game, hits a couple of them, he's gonna have the good value. There's other games where I don't think the ball is going to go over the fence as it were.
Speaker 2: So last week he had the gigantic game, the Dolphins rolling up seventy on the hapless Broncos was an empty calorie box score for Miami's backups. Robbie chosen one of my guillotine leagues, went for ninety bucks. Yeah, come on, this is going to be that game. You know, we all what is it? What we were influenced by what happened recent The recency bias, Right, we all have some recency bias. Here are you going to know when Devon Achan's big games are coming.
Speaker 3: Not less his injuries?
Speaker 2: And that's the problem, right, you know when this, when they've got a healthy rotation of backs, you almost need guys like Achman to be out like he was last week. Wilson to be out like he was last week. That clarifies it. But that's not always going to be the case. He's still the backup to a running back who looks frankly amazing and Raheem Mostert, And you know, you got a factor in Mostar. It's likely to get injured too, but so you know, he might as well love the burst. I love that he can catch. I also got a factor in Jeff Wilson returning from ir in one week from now. Basically we're just going to the flex level and you might want to sell high by the way, Devon a Chan. Let's go back to the matchups. Bengals taking on the Titans. Joe Burrow completely off the injury report. Does that give Thorne Neistrom some renewed interest in that passing game?
Speaker 4: Well, so with Burrow, he's an interesting case this week. This is definitely an a matchup by you know, any paper quantifiable, Yeah, exactly because of the awful Titans pass defense. But of course the Bengals have been getting the ball out super duper quick to protect Burrow in the pocket. So I'm because of that, I'm going to downgrade him to a B in this matchup. Jamar Chase, though, of course, is an A and a weekly must start. T Higgins, I'm going to give him a grade of B. He's their downfield guy. He is not a yet guy. And the way that Burrow has been playing so far, getting the ball out so quick, it's it doesn't really facilitate those downfield looks for T.
Speaker 2: Higgins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's just not not throwing well downfield, maybe because of the injury, because he can't plant and drive it. But he's out two for seventeen on the season with an interception throwing more than fifteen yards.
Speaker 2: Fifteen yards isn't even that deep it is. I mean, you know what we generally call you know, we use the term deep when we're talking analytically, it's usually twenty yards or more. Fifteen is not even that deep. And you've completed two passes through three games.
Speaker 3: Teams for five for five to two for seven a pick.
Speaker 4: And that bites him too, Higgins' game more than anybody else, because he's your downfield, jump jump all kind of guy. I'm gonna keep Tyler Boyd and then the banged of Cincinnati tight end room on the bench, Joe Mixon.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give him the volume C grade here.
Speaker 4: Seventy five percent plus of snaps in each of the last two games, average eighteen and a half touches and eighty two point five total yards those games. But the Titans run defense is awesome, number two stuff rate in the NFL this year, and of course last year, as we've talked about a couple of times, they were the number one run defense DVOA in the NFL. Moving to the Titan side of things, Ryan Tannehill, you're keeping on the bench. I think DeAndre Hopkins is the only potential startable guy in you know, amongst the receiving core. I'm gonna give him a volume seed. Keep in mind, DeAndre Hopkins was limited in practice Thursday. He did practice in full on Wednesday, likely to play in this game, but only nine point eight PPR Fantasy points per game. That's the second lowest of his career. But he already has twenty five targets to easily lead the team this year. Second place trail On Burks has thirteen. Burks is out for this game, so is Kyle Phillips. So that so Hopkins at least gonna get the targets. Chicka Konquo been disappointing so far. Yes, this is the breakout game is Oh boy, I'm gonna give him a be. He only has zero point six rams at zero point six to eight yards per route run this year and zero red zone targets. But again, I think this is where it changes against Cincinnati defensive coordinator Ana Rumos defense. If I can say that what you do is you attack the tight ends and the slot receivers, they're really good against the boundary guys. This year, the Bengals have allowed the six most fantasy points to opposing tight ends. I think Chick gets back on track in this one. We talked a bit about Derreck Henry so far on this show. I'm going to give him a great be assuming that he plays. Of course, he has that turf toe injury miss Thursday's practice was limited earlier in the week. Last week did not look good, look very sluggish. Twenty total yards on eleven rushing attempts, zero touchdowns against the Browns. But this is a good matchup assuming he plays against an average Bengals defensive line. But again, on the other hand of it, there's always a chance he gets game scripted. If the Bengals jump out to a lead, Tajy Spears has been the receiving back. And speaking of Taj, I'm gonna give him a C whereas I gave Henry a B. Taj was Vish's prespec. Last week I mentioned that Henry was limited in practice. Spears, of course, is his handcuff. He is also the Titans undisputed receiving back. If Henry needs his workload cut down because of that toll, or the game script goes past heavy like we've seen a couple of these other ones where all of a sudden, Spears starts getting all the snaps, then Spears could be worth starting in flex and deeper leaks.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See, my prespects are long play. They're gonna pan out eventually. Four over here is like I'll give you immediate points. But no, we don't want that over here.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Ravens take on the Browns. Get this. The Browns are the number one defense in fantasy points allowed to the quarterback position, the running back position, the wide receiver position, and the tight end.
Speaker 3: Sounds like good defense.
Speaker 2: That's an amazing They're also.
Speaker 3: Number one in defensive DVOA yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised. Shocking for Lamar Jackson. I was tempted to put him on the bench and I couldn't quite do it. I've got the C grade on him, and part of it is because I love is whopping seventy three percent completion rate, but some of that has come at the expensive downfield passing. His A dots just seven yards and really everything else is bad news. Get a load of this. It's just it's staggering. In three games, the Browns have allowed one passing touchdown, one hundred and one passing yards per game, and minus eight quarterback rushing yards. What's I mean? Unbelievable? He faced Cleveland once last year. He threw for one hundred and twenty scoreless yards ran for fifty nine. That would be That's That's all I can do to get you to the C grade on Lamar Jackson's If something like that, he'll have to do it without. Rashod Bateman and OBJ have both been ruled out for this game. Zay Flowers comes in with a C grade. Now he runs from all parts of the field, watches it. The injury status though of excellent corner Greg Newsom for the Browns if he can't go, it helps Flowers a lot because then he'll go to backup Cameron Mitchell, normally just a special teams guy, and Mitchell allowed all three passes in his coverage to be completed last week. So Jay Flowers if again were not normally attuned to cornerback health. But if Greg Newsom goes, I really i'd consider benching Zay Flowers. If Newsom does not go, then I would start him with a C grade. Mark Andrews production is way down. He has failed to top forty five yards in either of his two games, and Cleveland has allowed the least fantasy points to tight ends this year. They've only allowed twenty six yards to tight ends, not per game wow on the season, twenty six yards to the tight end positions in two games last year. Andrews posted zero yards against Cleveland and thirty one yards against Cleveland and did not score only a C grade because of the wasteland of the position. Gus Edwards is on the bench just eleven carries last week, with the undead corpse of Melvin Gordon getting ten and averaging a full yard per carry less than Edwards, and yet they still kept trotting out Melvin Gordon. The Browns run defense looks amazing. They're giving up two point eight yards per carry, just fifty five yards per game. No runners scored against Cleveland. Edwards would need a goal line carry to get much of anything done here. Justice Hill might come back. Don't care. Melvin Gordon might play in this game. Don't care they're out as well. Let's go to the Cleveland side. Jerome Ford immediately stepped into Nick Chubb's usage with six percent of the snaps. That was good. Kareem Hunt saw twenty percent by the way. Ravens shut down Damian Pierce in the opener, but they've struggled against Joe Mixon and Zack Moss since then, and that gives you some glimmer of hope for Jerome Ford in this one. The Ravens have allowed only a single touchdown to opposing running backs, but they otherwise are middle of the pack, and most running back defensive metrics will go B grade on Jerome Ford. DeShawn Watson. We were optimistic about Watson and last week's easy matchup against Tennessee, much less so this week against a good but not great Baltimore secondary. You'll want to watch the health status of safety Marcus Williams and cornerback Marlin Humphrey. They're both healthy enough to return. I think you just move Watson down to a bench grade. Otherwise we'll go C grade here if they both miss another matchup. And I know you drafted Deshaun Watson for his rushing, No, but that's largely you miss conception. He's averaging two and a half designed runs a game. That's it. That's not enough to get it done on the ground. Chat No, honestly, he's not. Right now, how about a Mari Cooper who is good. He's reached the seven reception mark in each of his last two games, and he's averaging one hundred three yards per game over that span, and it's a home game. Well yeah, way better O the trade to Cleveland. The Ravens have allowed the most receptions to wideouts in the eighth most yards to wideouts, and Cooper's boasting a healthy forty target share on the season, So we'll take a B grade.
Speaker 3: Should have had another touchdown, He should have.
Speaker 2: Had another one. Everybody else is on the bench, including David and Joku, averaging just three catches for thirty yards. He has not a good matchup, and the league's shortest average throw to any player is David and Joku at one yard. You know it is to be Fantasy relevant on one yard passes virtually impossible. We're gonna try to squeeze in a shorty here Thor can.
Speaker 3: You do Pills? No?
Speaker 2: No, oh no, Raiders, Chargers, can you do d Chargers in three minutes or less? And if you can't, then we're gonna push it to the next time. No sure.
Speaker 3: On the Raiders side, Jimmy Garoppolo is one of my two quarterback hedges for take a chance on me players, and so was Jacoby Myers, my wide receiver. Because this is a terrible defense against the pass. The Chargers and Derwin James unlikely to play. Joey Bosa is questionable and might not play, so lose the pass rush too. DeVante Adams Auto maca, we don't need to talk about him. Let's let's go to the run game for the charge for the Las Vegas Raiders. I almost said Oakland, Oakland versus San Diego. Here, Josh Jacobs has been really inefficient. He's at four carries inside the five converted none. He's averaging eighteen touches per game playing that bell cow role eighty percent of snap so I am gonna give him the B grade even though his like rates and yards per carry, miss tackles, yards after contact, all that is really low. When you're getting eighteen to twenty touches, you can almost you can almost pencil in a C if not a B. High volume, inefficient, mediocre backs have destroyed the Chargers, as Derrick Henry and Alexander Madison have shown in the last two weeks. So B grade for josh Jacobs over to the charger side justin Herbert is an automatic A I believe as well, same as Keenan Allen, but I can I can go into how they're You know, the Raiders are fifth worst in defensive DVOA. They don't even pressure third worst pressure rate. So Herbert's gonna have time to throw unlike the Blitz is that the Vikings senter, He's gonna have more time to adjust over Also with the wide receivers Joshua Palmer, he's going to immediately fill in there. He did. At the end of last week, he was sixty percent snapshare to Johnston's twenty two percent. After Mike Williams went out, he was the guy that came in. He's the replacement. Had some good games in that replacement role for each of Alan and Williams last week last year. Raiders, I ready mentioned bad pass defense DVOA wise, they're also top five in pace of play, which means there's gonna be a lot of opportunity. Also, Josh Palmer historically very good against man coverage, seen a one percent target share. Raiders play a lot of man, so it's a good spot for him. They've allowed five wide receiver touchdowns in the last this season. Four went to the number two wide receiver with Josh Palmer. Will be. The last thing I'll touch on quickly is Donald Parum. I have a bench grade on him, but he leads the NFL in like tied for the lead in targets inside the five. This is a top top five matchup against tight ends. He might see another red zone target and touchdown. If you really really desperate, he might see a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see it, all right. Let's take a break. When we come back, Patriots take on the Cowboys Ramandre Stevenson. It's been an inconsistent season so far. Maybe that might even be a nice word for what we've gotten out of Ramandre Stevenson. Find Out if thorn Eistram thinks that a bounce back is coming against a normally tough Cowboys defense, We'll get our intel on that. And for the Cowboys, tricky matchup in a variety of ways for them too. What do you want to do with Dak Prescott coming off a dead game? Find out when we come back for another segment a Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Another block oh matchups for you, beginning with the Patriots taking on the Cowboys. Thor Are with the running game for the Patriots and Ramandre Stevenson.
Speaker 4: We're gonna give him a great b in this game because even though he's only averaging two point nine yards per carry to this point, he obviously averaged five yards per carry last year and this year he ranks RB sixteen in PPR scoring despite his struggles, and I'm bullish on a turnaround for him the Patriots passing game, however, I'm not bullish out a tear out for that. Everyone is on the bench for me in there, except for Hunter Henry. I'm willing to give him a volume C in this The good news is number seventeen in target share amongst tight ends. The bad news is the Cowboys allow the ninth lowest yards per reception to opposing tight ends. I'm also going to keep Ezekiel Elliott on the bench in his revenge game. Six point one PPR points per game for Ezekiel Elliott the Cowboys Dak Prescott. I'm giving him a CEE under seventeen fantasy points in two of his three games so far. Obviously, he was bad against the Cardinals last week. Obviously, the Cowboys offensive line is banged up. The Patriots have not allowed a quarterback to throw for two hundred and fifty plus yards this season, but we'll give Daca see Ceedee Lamb and Tony Pollard are both obviously must starts. I'm keeping Brandon Cooks at, Michael Gallup and Jake Ferguson on the bench. Rico Duto, though, is a guy I'm willing to take a chance on. That's why it was might take a chance on me running back.
Speaker 2: All right, Commander's taking on the Eagles. It's time to break down a little. Sam Howell, the league's most sacked quarterback, faces the Eagles pass rush That does not sound good, yet through sheer volume, Howell could be a desperation fantasy start. Nobody can run on the Eagles, so teams are passing copiously forty one times per game, fourth most and a staggering seventy three percent pass rate, second most in the league. Against Philly, they're actually giving up the eighth most fantasy points to quarterbacks. They're not running Sam Howell, which is a real killer for part of the reason I was so optimistic about him in the preseason. C grade for Sam Howell, segrade for Terry mcclaurin, who crushed the Eagles last year with one hundred yard games a bit both matchups. Most impressively, half those catches and over half of those yards came against Darius Slay, So even if he goes on the sleigh ride this year, you can still beat it. C grade for Terry McLaurin and everybody else is on the bench, including both running backs Bijon Robinson sorry, Brian Robinson and Antonio Gibson. Eagles rank number one against the run by Pro Football Focus. They've allowed the fewest fantasy points to opposing running backs, including zero touchdowns, and they're giving up two point eight yards per carry best in the league. So Robinson Gibson on the bench for Philadelphia. Jalen Hurts obvious A. I don't think we need to expend a lot more time on that, but I will mention that opponents are running through the Commanders. Opposing quarterbacks are running through the Commanders and Jalen Hurts his next up, DeVante Smith and A. J. Brown get B grades here. Smith scored in both games last year. Washington favors zone coverage, and Smith fares much better against zone. Twelve catches versus zone this year already three just three against man covers so far for Smith, I like him. A. Brown comes in with the B grade as well. Rookie Emmanuel Forbes is the better matchup that He's gonna get a lot, but his bigger size makes him one of the few corners who could potentially match up with Brown. But he's just a rookie making his fourth NFL start, and Brown gets the advantage here for sure. Forbes allowing a seventy five percent catch rate and Dallas Goddard staying with the passing game for a minute. Yeah, that's a safe sigh right there. Here's his yardage totals in three games, zero twenty two and forty one yards. Not great.
Speaker 3: Oh so he's so this is this going to be sixty or eighty? Is it doubleing or adding twenty proughly that.
Speaker 2: The good news is he's running a lot of routes. He's getting targets, but they're all short targets. He's averaging less than six yards per catch. Commanders have only allowed forty one receiving yards to tight ends total this year. That includes the eighth least Fantasy points to tight ends. He's only gotten one red zone target. Earlier the show, I said zero. He's gotten one red zone target on the year. That's it for Dallas Goddard and I can only get him to a sea grade here.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: And then lastly, DeAndre Swift averaging seven yards per carry running behind Pro Football Focus is top ranked run block unit, featuring the league's highest run block win rate of seventy eight percent. It's all positive there. Swift leads the Eagles in back at the Eagles backfield in targets, and he leads all Philly runners in red zone carries and that includes Jalen Hurts as well. Washington just gave up almost seven yards per carry to James Cook. The only reason I can't give you an eight grade on on DeAndre Swift is because his quarterback steals is up close rushing touchdown.
Speaker 3: DeAndre Swift went down at the one yard line three times this season and Hurts got the touchdown after it.
Speaker 2: Oh man, jeez, all right, Scott, let's see what's next is.
Speaker 3: The Arizona taking on the Stanford score. We get to that.
Speaker 2: We missed out on Josh Kelly from the previous segment. You want to give us a quick thirty to twenty seconds on Josh Kelly, Yeah.
Speaker 3: We can. I do have a C grade on him because it's the fifth easiest or the fourth easiest matchup for running backs facing those facing those Raiders. But it's mostly due to volume. He you know, the last two games though eleven carries twelve yards, thirteen carries thirty nine yards. Even with the volume, he didn't do well. Right and even the matchup two hundred and thirty three yards and two scores were the Bills against the Raiders. They are most of what makes up that that bad ranking, right, So the best I could give him is a C grade on ten to fifteen touches because he's gonna get eighty two percent of the carries.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, all right, let's go to the Cardinals taking on the forty nine ers. Cardinals offense not as dreadflows to be expected. Now all the forty nine ers matchup is just brutal.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The four nine is ranked fourth in defensive DVOA, behind the Browns, Bills, and Cowboys. They're right up there. And we saw what the Cowboys did with the Cardinals last week. But I got Joshua Dobbs on the bench. I got all the pass catchers on the bench. Marquise Brown may not play, but if he does, go like he's gonna get match up with Lenoir Lenoir or Tarvarius Ward and both of those guys seventy six, seventy six passer rating against, fifty nine passer rating against. It's not a good matchup for Marquise Brown. Michael Wilson, no Rondo Moore, no zach Ertz, no tight end his top twenty yards against the forty nine ers, and he has declined in snaps, targets and catch. It's three weeks in a row, so he's on the bench. James Carter, James Connor is getting a C grade here. He's one of those rare true bellcow horse whatever workhorse backs. He's averaging over twenty touches per game, but San Francisco is allowing the fewest rushing yards to back. James Connor is fourth in explosive run rate, though, so if he can peel off a couple and he gets enough volume. He's converted two of his three carries inside the five for touchdowns, He's got some positive stuff there. I'll give him the C grade. Over on the other side, brock Perty gets the C grade. Forty nine ers may win big, but how do they get there? You know, brock Party gets two touchdowns all but one game that you know, like every single he started eight games. He's gotten two touchdowns or more in seven of those eight games. I'm giving him the C grade. I think he gets his stats on the way to getting there. Christian McCaffrey is an automatic A at this point. Elijah Mitchell was gonna take a chance on me player. I think there's a room for him at the end of this game to make them hey over into the passing game, Deebo Samuel. If he goes, I'm gonna give a B grade too. He missed practice both the last couple of days of the week, but they still think he might go. Arizona plays zone and that's not only where Deebo Samuel shines. He has a forty percent first read share. That's awesome when they face up against zone coverages and debos and the meaning for those listening, meaning when they drop back to back and they see a zone and Deebo Samuel's out there. Deebo is the first read they looked at him, first B grade there. Brandon I limited on Thursday, but Friday looks like he's good to go. Now. Yeah, love, it's good. He's gonna get either Katrell Clark or Marco Wilson for most of his uh most of his plays there one hundred passer rating allowed for Clark, one hundred and thirty point four passer rating allowed for Wilson. I have a B grade on Ayuk. If Samuel doesn't go, you could bump me up to an A on Ayuk.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't blame you.
Speaker 3: George Kittle A grade Listen to this. He has five touchdowns in his last three games against the Cardinals. That includes back to back two touchdown games. He has eight touchdowns in his last five games without Deebo Samuel Oh. That includes Rangle three of those with two scores. So if Devo doesn't go, I got an a grade on Kittle either way. Okay, but if Devo doesn't go, like launch him in, it's just wheels up, wheels up.
Speaker 2: When we come back, Premature Speculation will jump in the Fantasy Football Weekly time machine to tell you players you'll want to pick up now that everybody else be trying pick up next week when we come back Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. If you haven't joined the Guillotine League yet, we highly encourage you to do exactly that. It's super fun and you can start a new season long league right now at Guyotine leagues dot com. You'll still get to play for fifteen more weeks. You're a regular listener to this show, so you know how it works. Every week, the bottom scoring team gets chopped, all the players go to the waiver wire, and the rest of us build superstar rosters for the rest of the season. All you have to do is not finish last. No, none of that pesky head to head matchup stuff. Just don't finish last. That's it.
Speaker 3: We're still alive in ours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well I'm alive. I had to spend a little this week.
Speaker 3: I have not spent yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had decided a little spending. I didn't want to, but sometimes you gotta do it.
Speaker 3: My starting lamp's fine. My bench is terrible. That's zero points on my bench.
Speaker 2: Well, probably better that than to lose with pent points on your bench, which happened a lot with people with divon Achan.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, we should. We should do some kind of bet who lasts longer between the two of us.
Speaker 2: We'll think it if I like my roster well enough for that I am right now. We'll see that league. I've never done well in that particular one for whatever.
Speaker 3: Think even second two years ago in that one.
Speaker 2: Premature speculation is where we give you players that you want to pick up now that other people be trying to pick up later. We begin with Scott Fish who you got?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, So I'm gonna go with Josh Downs And I actually thought he was a waiver wire pickup this but his this last week, but his roster ship jumped like up to eight percent or something. It's barely anything. He had twelve he had you know, twenty four targets in three weeks, increasing catches, snaps, target share, everything, increasing eighty eight percent route participation. He's the main slot guy on a team that plays one of the highest percentages of three wide receiver sets. He should he should be roster. I'm not saying stard him every week, but there's gonna be matchups for him going forward. I'm gonna add one extra one in there, just just throwing there. Keaton Mitchell, speedy guy out of East Carolina. I know that Thor calls him like discount Devon h Chan that that Baltimore backfield. You know he can he can make some work. There's there's there's a lot of questions there. There's there's room for him to jump up.
Speaker 2: All right, your premature speculation, player, Thor, it's not going to be as good as my last two Pooka Naku and Jayden Reid. This week. Oh you can't really top that. I can't top that, So lower your expectation to give you a little that. But you've earned the peacock, baby.
Speaker 4: This one is more of a long term one that could hit. I'm going with Raiders. Running back Zamir White obviously will not be a stud this coming week like those other guys, but he is absolutely worth a stash. The Raiders' upcoming schedule is absolutely amazing. What you should keep in mind for all their players Chargers, Packers, Patriots, Bears, Lions, Giants, Jets, Dolphins sets up really well. Josh Jacobs is not playing well right now. Josh Jacobs number thirty seven PFF grade out of fifty six qualifiers. Jacobs is also and you hate putting this out in the universe, it's just a fact though, elevated injury risk following a league leading three hundred and ninety three touches last season. If Jacobs were to go down, Zamir White would become the undisputed workhorse of this offense and would be worth a lot in fantasy world.
Speaker 2: Would it be any good Zamir White? Yeah, you could say, if he's a lead back, can he be a workhorse back? He can handle the load for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The receiving stuff is the one thing I would question, but grinding out the yards the goal line guy, for sure.
Speaker 2: He can do your meat and potato stuff. Absolutely fantastic. My premature speculation players Miami running back Jeff Wilson, who at this time week will be off the IR.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: And that Muddy's the backfield. But here's the deal. Those are guys who all get hurt constantly. Raheem Mosart hurt all the time. Jeff Wilson, you'll remember goes h has the San Francisco Roots, got traded to Miami middle of last season, and promptly from that trade forward, he averaged ten carries per game and almost five yards per carry.
Speaker 3: Is more effective than he was, more.
Speaker 2: Effective than moster was. Yeah, he can catch a little. Not a gifted receiver, but he can catch a little as well. You know, Jeff Wilson, if you believe all the injury stuffs can happen, you might just have a guy that you could plug in for some big volume here and there.
Speaker 3: Yep. Pick him up, throw him on IRY. By the way, Keith Mitchell also on IR. That's why, that's why he hasn't factored in since the injury to JK. Dobbins. Right, you can pick him up and put him on IR for a week and some time, taking him some will.
Speaker 2: Let you do that, will YEAHO does I think? I think ESPN does not let go directly from IR or in free agency right to ir. But we've got two more matchups left get to including the Monday nighter that's the Seahawks taking on the Giants. Store to this point, the Seahawks running game behind Kenneth Walker has been really nice.
Speaker 4: Sure has yeah, and Kenneth Walker becoming a week we must start here. Oh yeah, yeah, I mean great a for sure for Kenneth Walker. He's averaging eighteen point four touches per game, ninety two point three total yards per game on fifty one between fifty one and sixty three percent of the snaps depending on the game number eleven in the NFL in miss tackles force per attempt. The Giants, on the other hand, this week's opponent, they ranked number eighteen in yards after contact per attempt allowed to the opposing running backs. So I'm giving Kenneth Walker an a Charboney, I'm gonna advise people to keep him on your bench, but he's absolutely someone to keep an eye on. Last week, his jumps, I'm sorry, his snaps jumped all the way up to forty three percent, and Sharboney has five red zone carries, So someone to keep an eye on. But in this game, I would advise the bench for him unless you're in a super duper deep league. DK Metcalf must start grade of A here. Giants run a lot of man coverage concepts. DK eats that alive sixty one percent air yard share versus man coverage for the Seahawks. Tyler Lockett, on the other hand, I'm gonna give him a B. Not quite as good of a matchup for him as we've talked about in the past. Lockett is Seattle zone beater. Obviously, the Giants are man heavy here, but Lockett will run a majority of his routes against Giants cornerbacks Trey Hawkins and Deontay Banks, the rookie. Both those guys have allowed quarterback ratings on targets over ninety five flat. Jackson Smith and Jigbuck got to give him a bench grade middle and thirteen point six target share and two point two a dot. Not the best yet, they're still waiting for his wrist to heal on different stuff like that bench all the Seahawks tight ends, and then as far as the Giants, Daniel Jones, I'm gonna give him an eight grade for this game.
Speaker 2: He hasn't been great this year, I.
Speaker 4: Will say, but the Lakes set a very high floor, and they certainly will in this game. Daniel Jones top five quarterbacks and carries per game, red zone carries per game, and rushing yards per game. The Seahawks allow the eighth most Fantasy points per game to opposing quarterbacks. All the usage is going to get funnel through Daniel Jones and then, by extension, Darren Waller. Because of that, I have to advise you have to bench all the Giants wide receivers in this game.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, but you just gave Daniel Jones an A grade and a bench all on the ground.
Speaker 4: I think Daniel Jones' utility in this game, Yeah, it comes through the rushing and a rushing touchdown at least one of them. Darren Waller, he is the dude that you want to start as far as the pass catchers. Giving him a grade of A in this tight end ten in Fantasy so far, but number six target share amongst NFL tight ends. And this is a fabulous matchup for Darren Waller, which is one of the reasons. It's just going to be all the usage funnel to him and then the Giants receivers are a Hodgepodge is always. The Seahawks allow the highest yards per reception to opposing tight ends in the entire NFL.
Speaker 2: Man do we need this, Darren Waller, Managers host, they need a big game. This is why you need to do that offer for TJ.
Speaker 4: Hawkinson to Darren Waller, he accepts that. You know that he loves his matchup this. Yeah, Saquon Barkley, I'm giving him a grade of B. Return to practice in a limited capacity on Thursday. Of course, he missed last week with a great two high ankle sprain. But if he plays, and I'm assuming that he will, I'm giving him a bee here. The Seahawks run defense allowing two point nine yards per carry after allowing four point nine last year. It has gotten a lot better early on. So maybe not quite as good of a match up here for Saquon as you otherwise would think. But the Seahawks, we talked about this in the past two their pass defense stinks against receiving running backs, So I think Saquon is gonna get a lot of receiving production in this game. If Barkley somehow didn't play, Matt Brita would become a desperation play. But last week, when Barkley did, and Brito only had seven touches for eighteen yards as the Giants is RB one. He did score a touchdown to start a salvage like flex.
Speaker 2: Right, that's all he had got. That's it. Who was the other the big running back that they were They used a couple of times in that game, Bright Well or something. Yeah, Arizona. Yeah, guy's got that. Guy's a freaking beast. At least he's built. You will fight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a Giants wide receiver question since he threw them all on the bench, And that's fine.
Speaker 2: You start slating.
Speaker 3: No, no, Wandelle Robinson got his first play of the year, first playtime of the year, last play last week. Eleven snaps, five targets, four catches on eleven snaps now eleven percent. Yeah h yeah, whatever it is. But if you extrapolate that he that's like forty catches if he plays the whole game.
Speaker 2: But it tells you, I mean, they were clearly trying to scheme him.
Speaker 3: The ball and yeah, that's that's actually that's actually more my actually could be snaps eleven snaps.
Speaker 4: I think at the end of one of the Giants receivers will be startable. It's just impossible to see which they just have a bunch of slot receivers and you know it's situation.
Speaker 3: My question is just do you think that's do you think that's something or just the one game? I think is there's something.
Speaker 4: There, too much something among too many guys in the slot for But yeah, I don't know that it has predictive value week to week here.
Speaker 2: Too, Jets take on the Chief Sunday night. Mahomes and Kelsey are obvious says that we do not need to spend time on. And here's the painful part is there's no other receiver to start, you know, last week against it's the Bears. So I'm like, go ahead and start MVS. Let's take a flyer. If not now when he's the leading receiver by snaps, by targets, go get him. Didn't do much of anything, None of them do. No chief receiver was able to stand out against the Bears corners, So we're not going to roll the dice in them succeeding against Sauce Gardner and DJ Reid. So they're out. So that only leaves me to talk about Isaiah Pacheco. His touches have increased in each game. He's putting some distance between himself and Ceh, who was pesky early on. The Jets are allowing the seventh most rushing yards and the fifth most receiving yards to opposing running backs, good for one hundred and forty four total yards per game, but Checko should get most of that one hundred and forty four. Kansas City's offensive line is a top ten run block win rate and the Jets have a bottom ten run stuff win rate, so it should be a dominating run performance here. The Jets are seeing a lot of runs as opponents get ahead early, Zach Wilson cannot mount to come back, and then the Jets just get run on for the rest of the game. And that should be the formula here. Isaiah Pacheco a grade boom this game boom, I like his champions. Let's go to the Jets.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: At three and a half weeks ago, when you were looking at the Jets, you thought there were probably like five rosterable guys, and you're like, you know, we could go, we could thrown a little I don't know, Tyler Conklin, even if we needed to. That's all dried up. There's only two guys that you care about now, and that's Breshall and Garret Wilson. Let's start with Breshall gets a C grade. He's got one hundred and fifty three rushing yards on the season, one hundred and fifty seven after contact. He's so good though. He leads the league in yards after contact and he's over four yards per carry after contact. But if you take away that eighty three yard run that he had in Week one against Buffalo, Briest Hall has only been able to average two point eight yards per carry. That's it because defense is stacked to stop Breese Hall because literally like the only thread on the team.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: As long as Jack Zach Wilson is at the helm, Chiefs are allowing the eighth fewest total yards to opposing running backs, including shutting down Travis Etn and Khalil Herbert. For the past two weeks, he's only getting two targets per game, which is unfortunate because he was five targets per game last year and they're just not throwing to Breese Hall, which is sad because that would have been another avenue for him, but it's not one here unfortunately. So just the see grade on him, and of course Garrett Wilson's awesome, but his situation couldn't be worse now. To his credit, he's managed touchdowns in two of three games, and he's been targeted eight and nine times the past two weeks. Like that nine times. So the judge are trying to manufacture touches for Wilson, which we gratefully appreciate. Unfortunately, this is a tough matchup. Kansas City's two outside corners, Lagarious Need and Joshua Williams, have allowed forty scoreless yards per game combined. In the first three games. They have been lights out. I can only get you to a C grade on Garrett Wilson, and that is a sad story of woe for what should have been a great season for Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 3: Wide receiver, twenty seven on the year.
Speaker 2: I think we thought it'd be seven yep, yeah, or two twenty seven exactly. All right, let me get we got a couple of minutes here. Let me hit you with a couple of quick hitters. Jamiir Gibbs. Owners are apoplectic about what went down on Thursday. What do you believe that is indicative of what you can expect going forward from the Jamiir Gibbs David Montgomery time share.
Speaker 3: I can go first, probably for a bed like you look at the Lions schedule and I have them, as you know, possible favorites, and a lot of them which wouldn't be game script for Montgomery. They're going to use Gibbs, but they don't need to bring them along. They don't need him what he brings to the past game right now, they can just use Montgomery in that positive game script.
Speaker 2: All right, thor are you feeling it differently?
Speaker 4: The usage has been really dumb so far. I'm still bullish on Gibbs.
Speaker 3: Well, I am too. I just don't think they need to know.
Speaker 2: You can't be upset when David Montgomery scoring the touchdowns. When you know David Montgomery was going to score the touchdowns. I know you want more total touches from Gibbs. I probably will come along. Remember the Lions staked out a big early lead and then just went into grind mode at the right round. That's not gonna happen every game. Although their schedule is cake the rest basically the rest of the season, the lines might be favored in all but one of the rest of their games for this year. Thank you for listening to Fantasy Football Weekly is always we encourage you to get all my player rankings available for free at Guillotine leagues dot com and go ahead and join another fantasy league. Why not? New season starting now at Guillotine leagues dot com. Talk to you to week everybody, Bye bye