Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Well, let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Aita. I'm Stephen Carroll and I'm joined by Bloomberg's market supporter Anthony Stevens for more. And so let's start with a report that Nvidia is investing in a data center power producer, posting a range of names in Taiwan this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's kind of solidified sentiment around the data center build out in Taiwan. There was some doubt about the pace of USAI investments in the data center space. We've seen some weakness in the neoclouds for example, but the fact that Nvidia is putting them massive balance sheet behind this team has really helped things. So you see names like ASE or Delta Electronics, which is actually coincidentally one of the biggest stocks in Thailand, which its subsidiary there. One of the largest Delta is uplimit up. You have light On pretty close to limit up, and a whole range of these kind of AI infrastructure names hovering around limit up, so Tatawan Limit up is up ten percent and that market is on fire on this theme.
Speaker 1: We're also seeing some big earnings related moves in the Japanese market today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Japan's been standing out in terms of the volidity around earnings, and today most of those earnings seem to be resolved on the upside across a range of sectors. So we have Recruit, which was up around twenty percent now it's on special quotation de beat on earnings. This is a software play that strikes at a wide swathe of kind of Japanese corporate software needs. They are twenty percent. This is part of the big squeeze in software that even the US has been seeing, and to a less extent in Europe as they kind of capitalize on cheaper AI. There's also twenty percent moves in cismes and a relatively household name, Seiko Watchers is up fifteen percent as well after raise guidance, So quite a decent way that the japan manufacturing universes up around fifteen two percent after earnings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty major moves on the flip side, though, Chinese opticle names continue to be trailed by being excluded from the US market.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this is one of those China Ai exports success stories, the optical transceivers that connect servers together, and they were exporting most of their manufacturing to the US. Now President Trump wants to kind of centralize that technology at home, and also there are some concerns that these technologies can transmit data back to China, which are obviously unsubstantiated. But the excluding of this sector from the US has caused a real big dent in positioning. This is one of the biggest constituents of the Chinese Index. It's around twenty percent of the Chinese Index, and Chinese domestic retail is very strongly position in this now as they have no idea what is going to happen on the regulatory side from the US, they're cutting first and asking questions later. So zongji Ino Light is down eight point three percent and eopto link is down seven and the Chinese Index as a whole is down two. Bear in mind zongji in a light listed in the in Hong Kong just a couple of days ago, and it was one of the largest IPOs in around seven years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, certainly really interesting sexual to be keeping an eye on as well. Thinking a bit more broadly about the market santry too. We've been having this discussion about the yen, and it's slowly retracing some of those gains after the intervention. Weaker again, four tenths of one percent today, one fifty eight against the dollar. I mean, how likely does further intervention look when we're looking at the weakness returning to the Japanese currency.
Speaker 3: This speaks to some kind of vagueness around the goals of the intervention in the first place, right, like in the sense that Japan does not want a materially stronger yen. From the looks of it, it's a limited intervention. It just wants to prevent one way speculation in the en, and to that extent it has kind of succeeded in the sense that the speculators have halved their CFTC kind of speculative shots. On the end, the en volatility is a lot higher than it used to be, and the en is hovering around the two other day moving average, So in that sense, you know, it's no longer so easy to bet on the direction of the end. In the other sense of the word, though, intervention cannot be successful unless the BOJ follows through and in that vein the fact that one BOJ member is on the tapes talking about a faster pace of hikes than the market anticipates, that is interesting. That is the kind of messaging the market will need for the end to strengthen kind of appreciably. But until we see action from the BOJ, until we see Tokyo inflation, for example, pick up markedly, the kind of conviction around yen strength is going to be limited and people are going to continue to pick a fight with it. Now we have US inflation and the US Treasury auctions in the middle end of that week, and to be fair, it probably is more important to the dollar end what the dollar leg of the creators.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.