Speaker 1: Some of the most epic Bill times are when he would be explaining the rules and regulations of what the schedule is going to be, hotel, yes, where we go over all like the rules of the NFL, and the way he would project He's like, if it's a weapon, you can't bring it here all right, light, or like when we were traveling to Europe, Look, we're not gonna be out here and getting fish and chips, guys, like this is a business trip. You see Uncle Ben on your own time, Like you know what I mean? I like pepper and a little jabb there, like he was like, the way he would deliver it would be so funny. Welcome to games and names. I'm Julian Edelman. They're Jack and Kyler, and we're on a mission to find the greatest game of all freaking time. I'm making a new acronym today. We're hitting the overflowing chill line to answer your voicemails, and we get into my Boston travel tips usan, don't get you down to South Boston, don't wear a Yankees hat. Wrestling theme songs. I've been a lot of wrestling going on lately. When you hear the song come on you're like, oh, this song, but when you heard the shatter, Oh my god, yes, the worst game of all time. Oh, you'll find some gems with some Dan Orlowski stars. John Skelton's in there, skeletons.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking a lot from the Patriots twenty twenty four season come to mind.
Speaker 1: And once again that number is four nine zero. In this week's Chill Zone, presented by cors Light, we're naming our chillis caller one chill dude, one chill freaking dude. You gotta stick around to the end. These are awesome, They're fun. Let's go games with names. The production of iHeartRadio, Date Unknown, the Nuthouse, The undisclosed, Low Kish.
Speaker 2: The hotline is filling up and the people need answers.
Speaker 1: Is the hot line blade so part five four case. Keep these voicemails coming. These are fun to dive into blowing up the hotline. Maybe keep them coming, keep them under thirty seconds or thirty You don't need a whole life story here, Get through it nice one text messages, don't even bother. Get creative, Get creative with it. I want to get weird with it. It's like with my daughter, she's talking about meeting she loves Snoop Dogg and we finally got to meet him. I go, you'll probably get to meet him, you know, Daddy is real close with them. And I go, you gotta have a question, and it's got to be a good question, like and we met him and she didn't have a question. Oh, what's a good question for Snoop? Die? Well, if we're a kid, it could have been what's your favorite color? I don't know, but just have something like, ay, Snoopy gotious? Anything you have smoke flavor? You like? Uncle Snoop? What is that green staff? Let's do this.
Speaker 3: Voicemails Jules boys hope all as well. My name is Alec. I'm in South Carolina. I am going up to Boston in June for a Sox game. What are the Boston dudes?
Speaker 4: Don't? Where do we go?
Speaker 3: Where do you not go?
Speaker 5: Any advice?
Speaker 4: Much appreciated, Thanks so much? Do you want to show boys?
Speaker 1: From his voice, he sounds about twenty six about right, Sure, little ageist, but okay, all right, you're gonna be in the Fenway area, A couple of cool bars there right across the street. You got the MGM, you got the pool, plays. I mean you could, you could spend a whole day thereature bar. After the game, go to Hojoku, get a burger, be a good little creative crowd there. It would be a little different of a crowd than the baseball game. Nice creative crowd. But if you want the same kind of crowd out at Fenway, get your ass down to South Boston. Go hit Lincoln, Go hit Coppo. What's the one right across the street, the Mexican Joint. They got a couple new ones. Go down to Southeast have some fun. If you need a little nightclub action, hit the Seaport. I forget the name Grand, Scrippon or Grand or Grand the Grand. Yep, yeah, I met Damon John there once, three times. The Grand. I mean, there's there's so many places. Don't the don'ts uh, don't wear a Yankees hat, don't say cot or pak a yad to Boston people.
Speaker 6: The fucking ride the tee to Fenway is a part of the experience. I think I can see that green line.
Speaker 1: I've never done that.
Speaker 6: Take the green line the ken Moore, not Fenway, Ken Moore, and then walk it, and then walk it.
Speaker 1: It's a part of the experience. It's fun. You get to see the Sick Go sign and all that that is fun. Get the cross ninety.
Speaker 2: Probably gotta get a Finway Frank while you're in there. You gotta get a fut Fway Frank. But it's gotta be if you're sitting in a box, it's not the same.
Speaker 1: Gotta go down. But if you're sitting in a box. They have killer lobster roll at Fenway. Very good sleeper sleeper good. The sushi ain't mad either in there. Great French onion dip Oh, I don't even think I got any of these. I love a French onion dip sucker for some They got good table nicknacked stuff. Yes, and what is seventh innt You get the ice cream? Get a little bit little hat. A lot of dudes don't she Just don't act like an idiot. Don't act tough because there's a there's a city full of tough people there there.
Speaker 6: What if Boston don'ts I don't think there, Arnie, Yeah, there really is.
Speaker 1: Everyone's pretty friendly too, and everything had some dunkin Donuts too at some point. Definitely dunk Donts in South Carolina, I know, but it's different, it's different.
Speaker 2: Gotta go check out the common Gotta go walk Newberry Hills fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love Figs, Figs and Beacon Hills A great great.
Speaker 1: This depends if you're going with your boys or going with Yeah. But if he's going with these boys, he's not gonna be taking goddamn love walks down with Charles River down Starrow. Okay, he's not gonna be going to Boston Garden. This dude wants to rage. Okay, go to Grand go to South of you have fun. Next question, Jules, who was.
Speaker 7: Your favorite wide receiver while in New England? You know, working together with one that maybe didn't pan out the way that they wanted to, whether it was through injury, you know, the team didn't see them fit. You know who is that guy that that stands out to you?
Speaker 8: And why is it?
Speaker 7: Malcolm Mitchell?
Speaker 1: Is Malcolm Mitchell? I loved Malcolm Mitchell. He was just a great teammate. My daughter still reads his book. He's got a children's book that, uh, she just a couple of days ago. What is it like the kid you can it's about you can read? Or the kid making the book? He makes his own book, The Magic Book, The magician's hat. The magician's hat. Yeah, we like he was just a cool dude, worked his ass off. He was quiet, but like really good football player could rely on him. He just acted the part. You know. I used to love Gunner. Little Gunner was always good. He I mean, he's just fun to have around because he's just a little war daddy. One of the guys that I loved that worked out, but that I loved working with. I loved working with Dian Branch. He was a great, great teammate, like he would put his arm around me and teach me things when I was a younger receiver. Randy was also awesome like that. But uh yeah, it was fun. Had a big game in the twenty to three game too. Do forget that Mitchell. Yeah, there's a couple other guys. He just needed to get it right away too. As a fan, like it's like, man, plug it right in and he gets it right away. Just Malcolm. He had bad knees he had. I know, it sucks for my guy because he gets out a really good career. He's doing well though. I think he's married, with a child, respect making more books, still dressing cool. Honestly, I think he just listened to me. That's why. That's why I loved him. That's a great characteristic. Great you know, I'd be sitting there. Every time I look in the room, I'll be like, Yep, he always had my back when I was going on a ran or something. He just that's why I loved him. It works for Jack too, That's right. Hey, I do the same thing, follow the Malcolm Mitchell model.
Speaker 8: Hey, Jules and the boys.
Speaker 9: This is Nick from Lexington, Massachusetts.
Speaker 10: Go past.
Speaker 9: I was just thinking it'd be really cool, uh to get a game from Julian's college career at can't read, can't write, can't State to hear his respective playing quarterback. Maybe bring in Doug Martin year old had football coach, or bring in one of your old teammates, you know, to really hear some of those other stories of what you did we used to get up to uh in Ohio that you're obviously willing to share. But yeah, I think that would be really cool. I'd love to hear you know, your your adventures either win too many games at Kent State, but love to hear about your your stories there. Thanks so much, and keep up the up the pod. Love listening to it and thanks for a really good memories whinning win the Super Bowls for the pass.
Speaker 1: Great question. I would that would be fun to get Coach martin In here to talk about something. Definitely, he's I think he's at Elon. Is he really Coach Martin's at Elon? I should know that. Hold on? Is he at Elon? Yeah? Yeah, coach dude. I think his wife, his wife Vicky, she's still selling a buttlo to the house and she was like, my wife was so cool. Used to bring me into his house. They cook Thanksgiving for me.
Speaker 6: Here we go when we're going North Carolina again. I would also Casey Wolf would be a really good We talk a lot with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Casey's my my Kent State like connect that I still if I'm doing anything for Kent State, it's through Casey Wolf. And he was like the football ops guy for Coach Martin when Coach Martin was there. He's now an ad at a cool at a big high school there. But like he's for like Cribs or Harrison or any of the guys that played in that time Casey was there. We all like to go through Casey whenever we're going through the university. So he still has little little juice. We'll hit him up like we hit him up with all the stories or my old my old roommate Anthey magazine. Oh guess he's a storyteller. But we might have to muffle him because he might say too many stories.
Speaker 2: You know, do we do the uh seven Kent State Iowa State game? Maybe we could do that. There's a big accoring game. And we beat the fuck out of act.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That was like because that was our zips. Screw the Roo, screw the room, the bro I didn't know that. I like that. Does that have a name. No, But we fought for a wagon wheel. I love. I only carried it once. They got us twice. We were winning. We were beating them to my last year. There in the rubber Bowl, the rubber ball that's there, Well, that's their stadium. That's their stadium name because that's where all the tires in the United States were manufactured, were in Akron in Ohio. You got good Year. Miche there's some couple over there. Michelin's French, but they might know. But Michelin was started out here. I think Michelan is it? Is it an American company? Very look it up? Very French, is it. I don't have to look it up. That's why I was a good Year guy anyway. But they might, they might manufacture a lot here. A lot of those international companies manufactured here. Got the good years on a Mustang. That's why I took the Michelans. Next question is a text question on how this got through. It's get in there. I ay, I know we say don't do the text, but don't do it. Check the text. I delete them before he sees that. All right, I got one through on the old goalie here.
Speaker 2: This one is from the text line about ox rules in the NFL locker room. This says, how does oxcord protocol work in NFL locker rooms?
Speaker 1: Easy veteran, Okay, It goes in how many years you've been in that locker room. So if you're in if you're in the locker the weight room and you hear some music that you don't like, say like Brandon Bolden rolled up in there, he used to just take over and he would put the ox. Brandon Bolden was always a great ox cord guy. Okay, so he like he led it in pregame practice because we didn't really do pregame like locker room music. Coach always was an advocate of everyone has different ways to prepare. So if you if you want to listen to music, put your headphones on. So like there was no like music blasting game day, but pre practice guys are having you know, music's bumping guys looting ready. It usually dependent on seniority, and but uh, for us, it was always Brandon Brandon Bolden. They'd always be kind of like two because the locker room's kind of big offensive side would be B. Bolden and then you go over to the other side to be defense and like High would have something high tower or something, but it was usually be Bolden. Nice, always throwing out some bangers, shout out b B hulks, mash and I'll be throwing up on the mic trying to get a flow in. And you got Danny over there throwing taping his own ankle because he's mad at the fucking training staff, saying I'm on flow bation because I can't flow. What a scene? What a scene? What a scene. We'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 10: Okay, well, I have one question for Sam Stron. I'm a big Patriots fan that Patriots fans it's probably If I've got one question for you, what do you think is more valuable in this draft capital trading back and getting from seven guys or taking taking receiver, slash the talent and talking about due parter those kind of guy and get in talent for next year.
Speaker 1: Well a dual Carter's are you're taking ab dual Carter? I don't think he's to be there. Pass Rushers and guys that protect the quarterback is what I'm trying to go after. They got really good corners, they brought in a couple of linebackers and edge guys through free agency. They need offensive linement, Yes, they need offensive linemen. Their best offensive lineman just got cut. David Andrews, the guy that has continuity, that knows how to run that offense. Now that Josh McDaniels is back, they're gonna have to They gotta they gotta get some guys. That's the next progression to see if Drake is the guy, which last year he showed with no offensive line he can make plays. Now we want to tighten that all down, slow his feet down, protect him and see him really dissect a defense fense and make plays that way like on schedule. That's what we gotta we gotta see. And the only way you could do that is if you get an offensive line up there they can protect for him, need it bad and I think they'll be I think they'll do that. I don't know what they're gonna do. I would probably I wouldn't get I don't. Okay, look hard ball last year took fucking Joe alt what number three, four five, And I know there's no Joe Alts in there, but he wasn't a sexy pick. He wasn't a receiver. They made the fucking playoffs this year. Okay, if you got if you got the guy. They didn't have any really big playmakers. Mconkee is a great asset to have. He's a great like slot guy. But they didn't have no outside guys there. But they they manufactured offensive line and made that a priority. They didn't even have a really great running back. They had you know, dobb Dobbins, and they got guys that are banged up there. They did very well. But like they made the playoffs. They protect the quarterback. You make the playoffs, Like Harb said, I don't protect the quarterback. You get blown out in the Super Bowl in the playoffs though in the shot, look at the well happen the Chiefs? Yeah, okay, so I don't know, you take what what you want? What I just said, But I think I want lineman. Like Harba said, I view offensive lineman his weapons with.
Speaker 4: Him all So I have a question.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm like a fat fuck.
Speaker 8: I play offensive line.
Speaker 10: I just want to take so I can if I.
Speaker 11: Have a quarterback I don't like, but I still want to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, keep my block percentage of gay?
Speaker 12: What do I do?
Speaker 9: Thank you?
Speaker 13: Straight man?
Speaker 1: This guytude. He's probably huge too. He's probably like the stud that like hates his quarterback. Okay, this is what you do. Okay, if he's the guy, you go take him in a private setting and yeah, hash it out. If it has to get physical, you gotta beat his ass. You gotta beat his ass or whatever. If it gets to that, it gets that. But you can't have that. Okay, this cause if you don't block, you're not getting a scholarship or wherever you're at. You gotta block. You gotta be a team guy. But just talk it out, try to figure him out, and like, all right, maybe he's just a slaptick, I know, that this is what he's doing and try to understand why he's a slap dick and it'll make you better. When you were a quarterback, what was your relationship with the line, Like my best friends Sondroola was by shout out Dreux drou is a what said, huh see this is like Soandro had Thompson, we had Vuke Luke was in the whole line. Yeah, he was our right tackle. Yes, we had uh Sam Alapate he was our guard. Yeah, we rolled. We rolled with them because Vuke was kind of a skinny fat He was a fat kid in college. Now he's like handsome and well he's still kind of pudgy. I got dad bod but like he then he grew up like he grew you know. But he was always a big guy. So like if you're two hundred pounds in high school, you're a lightnment two hundred. He was probably two fifteen. We I mean we were good. Droe was Droe was big. It was fun. You got we We had a great relationship. I always got along. I loved the offensive liignment. I used to hang out with the lineman on the Patriots. Say even in the NFL, he go to Logan's house for freaking Thanksgiving. They're always like the family dudes under Earth, great dudes.
Speaker 6: My quarterbacks family would have a lineman only taco night on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Nights during the season, but the quarterback can come.
Speaker 6: Well, it's his house. Yeah yeah, and then the cool kids got invited. Slowly it become very clickie anyway, mounting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got a block. Keep the percentages up and fucking there's guys you don't like. Just find a way that you can respect him.
Speaker 2: Dude, Ricky Williams playing in the backfield with a guy that was stealing his girl.
Speaker 1: I think he'll be all right. I'm looking at you. Applewood. Wait, Apple would Apple anywhere?
Speaker 2: He's always coaching apple Wood not a Houston Give me a second. Yeah, I want to say South Alabama, but don't.
Speaker 1: Let don't. If you get this, don't quote me. Hold on, hold on, I'm googling. Oh, I know ball baby, South Alabama. He's the head coach. Was he the head coach at Houston and he went to South Alabama? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think they canned him when they brought in Dana Holderson. Yeah, dolls, dude, he was a Houston for sixteen to eighteen. I need did the Nick Saban rehab stint. He's an analyst at Alabama for a year South Alabama OC now South Alabama head coach, so.
Speaker 1: He's got five more years before he can maybe get out. You gotta win.
Speaker 14: I have a question for Julian during your time at Kent State, were you ever a Sweedsons guy? And if you were, what was your go to order when you would stop by a Swanson's drive in.
Speaker 1: This guy is just fucking trying to fuel my fire. He knows I'm a Swanson guy. I've been talking about the guy. Okay. My order is gally Boy with bacon. Then I get a double cheeseburger, lettuce, tomato pickle, onion, mustard, mayonnaise ketchup like an old like my double cheese. Those are both doubles. And then I get Potato Teasers, which are like these fried little things with potato cheese and like Hall of Pain, like a little cut up Plapanios are great with like I think their homemade ranch. Then they I think they had shape, they had like shakes, and they had this thing like the California soda. My boy Casey always loved that ship. I just like coke and maybe a fry. I don't I don't remember their fries, so their fries must have sucked. But I've heard they've gone through some serious changes over the years, some serious changes for the better or worse the way I'm saying serious sound better.
Speaker 6: On their website they have the Pizzeroni stack. It looks a quarter pounder pepperoni, marin aero sauce and the.
Speaker 1: Fucking f Yeah, they got the gally Boy mozzarellistic patty. Did your gally Boys have the uh have an olive stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Put it on the top like that. The bun's pretty good. It's a fucking solid burger. It looks very good. It was very good. It had like a sweetness to it that the Gallley Boy. They have a bunch of shit too. They have like a bunch of little knickknack stuff. The menu is huge, It's massive. I'm looking here at the teasers. A tasty potato cheese and mild lapino combo. Those those are like cracks, shredded fried potatoes, potato puffs huh as opposed potatos, that's what you're saying. Yeah, I might have to call my sources in uh northeast Ohio to see how the sweints is do, because I don't want to be giving them good love and their dog shit now right, Okay, because I remember when we used to have this little at my DQ before they went like new DQ Dairy Queen. I think we're all. They used to be individually owned or something until they got real franchise. We used to have this little Asian dude used to wear a little chef hat. He'd be up on that flat top and he used to make the best burgers at the Dairy Queen. And then like they did a remake of the fucking the building. I think they may have sold it, got some new dude and the ship went to ship in.
Speaker 2: The restaurant industry. Man, she can have she can get real bad over like that.
Speaker 1: So Swinson's I'll be coming out there soon. The closest ones in Cincinnati, Yeah, they had that. We went to the Cyoga Falls one I believe, or was it a Mansfield was just like a spot you guys were at like every week every other week, like like no, not a lot. It was like a quasi okay that in the Red Lobster just because you have to drive a little bit stowto Red Lobster was a treat to the first time I ever had red lobster. Those those Charlie butter biscuits. I don't really like lobster, but I like to go in to Red Lobster. Shout out Blake Griffin. He's doing their ads now. He is good for him. I saw him on a recent podcast. He was so funny. Blake was talking about what is it codine or something like lean when he when he changes from being black code switch. Yeah though you said code that, Sam. I saw him. It was on Sam Morel's He's talking about code switching because he had done Mellows podcast earlier to day. He's funny, He's funny, He's a comic. He is. He did stand got some chops, was right up the street. Don't even don't even know him. Really, come to Blake, come through, Come down your funny dude, and you're cool. I saw you Stavros stand up leaving in a sick car with the hot babe oh Man. Must be nice. Probably drove the same route on the way home. I should have followed him. I'm following you, Blake.
Speaker 13: Next one, Hi, Julian, Hi Jack, Hi Kyler. I just listened to the Osha episode and now I'm like back in my w W e Steen in face, and I had a question, so Julian, like back in the day when like the w Is, like the superstars, they were known by like their theme songs, Like everyone would get hype but theme songs. So I was wondering, what would your theme song be? And what with your signature?
Speaker 1: Ooh, I love the stone Cold, The stone Cold, nothing will ever be Nothing, the top Set and Hulk Cogan's is pretty good. I am a real the Rocks was Big Shows is good. Hey, it's the.
Speaker 2: Big Show Shawn Michaels. Of course he sang his own song.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, it doesn't get much better than that. Either I'm not your Table really good. I would go, I wouldn't go. I would go with something like stone Cold. Maybe I just like the Shattering something because that was so like when you hear the song come on, you're like, oh the song, but when you heard the Shatter, it's like, oh my god. Yes, was that a popular song or was that a song that he just like made, probably made it wasn't it really wakes up? Yeah? I love that. My power, my finishing move, flying squirrel. It'd be it'd have to do something off top rope, flying squirrel ship like Nutcracker. Lying. I would go off the top top. I get on top rope. He'd be all like jacked up, and I go off and swing grab him with my legs and throw them down like I because I learned that move like Mexico. I like that on the top rope. It'd be a little more aggressive. So I do that, which I could probably do right now. Oh, easy on, Jack, let's go. Let's go, baby, I'll sell it probably that. That's a good question. That was really good. I like that, Jack. I feel like you would be Paul Bear to Julian's.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I would like to be like, yes, like your your corner hype guy, You're Paul Bearer, You're miss Elizabeth kind of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotta be Paul there. Yeah, honestly my.
Speaker 2: Kind of like how the Rizzler is with like big boom aj if we're talking to aw references.
Speaker 6: There's not a lot of things that baseball has that's cooler than the other sports, but like music is cool.
Speaker 1: Its yeah, So anytime I would catch a third down, I had a song that they would play. I used to like the uh few I Can't Stop Wait you influence that? Yeah? That was my how'd you tell us how that happened? They came up. They came up to me and they asked me, what do you want your theme song? And I wanted the there was Crazy Time, but it was the Kanye jay Z remake of I Can't Stop. Oh Yeah, I liked that. That one does get hard like and there's a part where I can't stop, like you can't stop getting them. Then they would play it on them when you had a third They would play it after I got a third down or a touchdown or a big play. I didn't even know. I didn't even realize that was influenced. It's probably more now that happened like my last like maybe four years. You gotta be a guy. Did anyone else have music like that?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Tom had boom public service announcement Boom boom. Anytime we would be on pregame, there would be the the it would be the regular music from the stadium, and then when Tom would get ready, it would just stop and it would be a public service announcement by jay Z and it'd be like boom, and then he would run out, and that's when he'd go do his little thing, And that's when you knew it was getting time, is getting time better, strapping up the fucking chin strap. It's game time. Tom's out, Tom's out. We out. Boom boom. So it makes even more sense that the jay Z played at his retirement. Allow me to reintroduce. The whole crowd would started going ah and he got there. He's like, did so I don't. I don't think I don't. Yeah, I don't know that you got it. We got to ask him on dudes, on dudes, I had no idea about this. Yeah, we had a couple of them. Yeah, I should have went with I was gonna go with E forty sprinkle me oh the ya reference. Yeah, yeah, that was Kurt's coming out song as a picture when he was at Berkeley, I thought, or one of our friends. I don't know if it was Kurt or someone else. I love that. I'm glad you said as a picture.
Speaker 8: Guys.
Speaker 5: One game that you absolutely have to cover is the twenty thirteen Boston Bruins versus Toronto May Be Leafs, Game seven of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Bergie scored two goals to win the game we came back from down four to one. I remember three minutes left Iconic hit up the tree b tron and get him on.
Speaker 1: I love to get We're working on. We're working love to get Patrese on your burgie. This is a top five requesting. I was at that game? Were you really think?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: I feel like you know, I went to like all the game sevens of like five of them, So no, I wouldn't literally have been to game six of all the World Series that I was there. I've been to every game, so I think I was. I've been to so many Bruins like games I dropped. I may have dropped the did the flag thing for this because I went on a stretcher. I went to all the important games because I was undefeated until the last time I did it, which it wasn't solo. I had someone with me, so my streak is still there. I think I was at that game. I gotta look at my phone.
Speaker 6: Twenty thirteen. This would have been, but this is before. This would have been Spring of twenty thirteen. You hadn't had your big year yet. Yeah, but I still had and I was still going to everything. Yeah, I was going to things when I was a rookie. I went to the Celtics.
Speaker 1: I went to the Celtics Lakers Finals, a rookie court side. I was there for that one, saw Kobey. That's what the year we lost though, yeah, because they won it the year before, remember nine? Yeah? Eight? Oh they won and away, So this was ten. This was nine, but it took place in ten spring. Yes, so it was like our spring practice. And I remember I got invited. I wore like a little Jason Mora's hat ukulele, playing it like a Jason moraz hat. My first fucking like, man, go to Boston, Julian, have.
Speaker 4: You ever sat down and came up with the legion don't boom the biggest hits you've thrown in your lovely career. I love to see it. Uh, Lars McDonald calling from Beautiful that lets go to Canada. Just watched the podcast. But there's that awesome glad here. You are half kage and maybe even fifty No Patriots, how could.
Speaker 1: It be fifty one percent?
Speaker 2: Not a math guy, not a math math guy.
Speaker 1: Nova Scoti, I've heard it. I mean, that's where all the salmon, the good salmon's from Cole Harbor Sidney Crosby, Nith McKinnon, how many hits I threw? He wants? He wants your biggest hits that you threw. I lit someone up in Buffalo my rookie year, big hit for Randy Moss. I blocked for Randy Moss and then Slate like three plays later lit someone up. I think we were blocking hard, but that was before the rules were you could you could go back to your own sideline like you used to not be able to go back to your own end zone, so you could declete people. Yeah, oh yeah, they took that rule. I decleted this guy and didn't get a flag. I was tight when you can do that.
Speaker 2: I know my favorite one you ever laid down in Miami from Malcolm Floyd or Michael Floyd.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, remember that one. I didn't he Floyd laid out for me. Oh yeah, it was reverse. Sorry I hit a guy for Gronk on that one play, but I didn't really it was Mike Adams. I didn't jack them up jack them up.
Speaker 6: There was a stretch when you were popping guys after a fair catch call or yeah, waving it off, and you'd pop a guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they would get mad So there's a rule if you if you fair catch when you're a punt returner, you're not allowed to block a guy. But if you give a Peter call, you can block a guy. So what I would do is I would give a Peter call like and they would think it's a fair catch call, and I would block them because when you do that, if it was close enough to the end zone, you're banking on it to bounce in there so they don't pin you. Yeah, so this is something you're taught and a lot of the Buffalo people always thought I was trying to fucking tee off on a guy. Well A, I was, yes, trying to tee off on a guy, but I was trying to make it so we didn't start on our fucking first one yard line. Yeah, you know what I mean. So there's there's a lot of strategic behind that. There may have been one time where I did this and I thought I Peter, but I didn't. I smoked someone. But have you got fine Fuffalo.
Speaker 2: Twenty six, seven hundred and thirty nine dollars for an unnecessary roughness penalty?
Speaker 1: Bullshit? I'm watching the clip years after you had, Like, did I Peter or did I fair catch oh any in the head. I was, well, when do you drop this? You can't tell me? Is there any signal? It starts too late?
Speaker 6: Starts too late, I think, but you definitely go a helmet with the helmet that just comes out of your paycheck.
Speaker 1: You have to like write a check now that comes out of your payroll. Duct that's less cool. Yeah, I'll give him a kiss. I lead with my shoulder. Our helmets hit. That's fucking bullshit on the NFL for finding me for that shit big time, because that motherfucker would do the same exact thing to me if I had that thing in my hands. That's how I thought about it. It's a it's a it's a brutal game. It's a brutal It's like you have to put your mind in different places to play that game because there's fucking guys out. I mean, it's it's gotten a lot better and that's not even that bad. That's fucking stupid. That's a beautiful I like the league though, but that's still stupid.
Speaker 8: Let's go what's up jewels Zach from Sharon mass here and I got a couple of questions for you. First one is trivia. So I know you're West Coast guy number one. Who's your favorite team growing up watching basketball? Who is your favorite player? That's one question, but the trivia question is you're not from mass but who is the only team, who's the only school for Massachusetts to ever win a national championship? And who is the best player? And then last question I know I said too.
Speaker 4: This is three quests.
Speaker 8: And if you were to pick one of your teammates and they're prime to lead at school on a march down this run, who would it be?
Speaker 4: And why?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 1: First question? Favorite team Warriors? Growing up? About college any college groups growing up? I went to maybe a Stanford game. Oh, but like didn't watch we didn't weren't We didn't watch a lot of basketball.
Speaker 2: I feel that. And you were a pro you were like a pro family. But it's a pro area.
Speaker 1: The Warriors were horrible when I was a kid. When I was a kid, they were like a laughing stock. Like that's when spree Row was choking out the coach, like they were trash. I liked him when I liked Baron Davis when he beat Dirk Novinski as like the seven seed, the one believe Warriors Yep, that we believe that was. Like watch that episode at the Height, watch that episode of when I started, like and then I left. I went to Boston, So then I kind of he didn't see the games because they they went on at like eleven o'clock at night or ten o'clock at night, and b you know, I was introduced to the Celtics and became friendly with a lot of you know, people in the organizations of the teams in Boston. So then I started watching them naturally, Uh, what's the so spree? Well, Baron Davis probably were my favorite. I mean we all loved I loved Michael Jordan like that was the only basketball player, Like he was God, yeah, everyone loved Michael Jordan as a kid, and I had his all his shoes, like Jordan was everyone's favorite basketball player. So and then national championship in Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: Who oh, he's trying to trick us here. We know this is that Providence fteen forty seven best player, Bob Coosey. He's trying to test our ball knowledge.
Speaker 1: Bob Coozy coo coos before me and Zach Revine. He hates on why he just thinks that the basketball then was like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate that argument that it was like what's Bill Russell supposed to do to develop a time machine? And like just you know, watching a lot of that Boston Celtics thing, like Celtic City, I still got to start it.
Speaker 1: Kuzzi lived the life. Russell didn't live the life. It was tough, I know, like yeah back then, Yeah, it was awesome being they were gonna lose when Kozi retired and they won like six more with Russ keep it rolling. I got I gotta sign jersey from Bill Russell. We did an autograph signing together my rookie year. Where is it somewhere here? Wow? I need I need to find it. That's all times somewhere in this ethos.
Speaker 6: What a legend the hemisphere or something, but Holy Cross City.
Speaker 1: Shout out Coozy and then Aaron Hernandez. He was the best basketball player I can w hoop he got recruited to Yukon when Yukon was Yukon. That's wild. Joker was smooth it. Hey, Darius Butler was really good at basketball too. Hey, but d Butt used to didn't he also to Yukon?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: D Butt, Yeah, he's proud to football. Yeah he did. I forgot. But d Butt would we go playing these charity games and d Buck could like do three sixty wind mills. He's my height, We're like the same height. And he had the bloyings like he was doing hung like he could just float in there. It was impressive. I don't remember him shooting great. I just remember him jump jumping out of the roof. But like he also had basketball. He could play. He knew bas you know. It wasn't like a guy that just could jump. But Hernandez like he had crossovers. He had game. He had like mid range and ship. He would bring that out on the court. Bro the way he like ran routes looked like they he crossed you over on the top of his route.
Speaker 6: I wonder if there's any like intramural or like behind the scenes, like pick up basketball games at like Yukon, like the football guys going to Oh, I'm sure there is.
Speaker 1: I think there because Debt scored over a thousand points in high school. But the Butt was baller.
Speaker 2: He's he's from Florida, Germany.
Speaker 1: Born in Germany. Yeah, I knew that too. Grew up in Coral Springs, Navy kid. Okay or not an Army bratt.
Speaker 8: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dad was stationed in Frankfurt, the military base in in Germany. We'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 11: Hey, Julian Kyler, check if you could tell us, uh, what it's like on an NFL road trip. No, no, basketball, baseball, hockey, a lot of games to be played. NFL not so much. You guys go home, stay out there and uh, what's your favorite memory from a road trip?
Speaker 1: Uh? So in the NFL, are away trips are business trips. It's not like NBA baseball hockey where these guys have three four games in the night. Once. We we get there a day before. Unless it's a West coast trip, we'll get there on a Friday. We'll leave right after practice. We have curfew the night before the game. Yeah, night before game always curfew. If we play a home game, we stay at hotels so they can check those curfews. And it's also because we have night meetings. So like when we travel, usually Sunday, we'll have a walk through at the stadium. After the walkthrough, we pack up, we put our suits on, we get in the buses. It's like a fucking hour bus to Providence. Then we hop on the plane. When you get to the plane, right before you get on the you go straight to the tarmac. They have tables of all the food that you get to pick. So there's cheeseburgers, chicken sandwiches, PB and J's. Then there's like every kind of snack you can have or want, and then you go up up, you walk up the stairs in the plane, you get in your seat. We had lovely flight attendants always that were with us for the longest time, so you'd become very personal with them. So they knew what your drink order was. So I always liked my electrolytes and a cramp juice, and so I'd get to my seat, which we're hearing about how the plane was right now. We used to have, you know, the two three two plane, and they were like kind of older seats. But I'd have two seats, and you know, that's how you do it, and you go to your area. They'd have your favorite stuff that you like, and then there'd be an on flight meal, some kind of chicken can, some kind of fish usually always, and maybe a beef. There's there's always a three and so you'd go through that and then on the way back you'd have like homemade cookies made and the stuff like on the plane. The travel was awesome as far as is traveling. I mean, the plane was. We used to go Delta and that was the best because you had live TV. So as soon as you'd finish your one o'clock game in Buffalo, you're watching the four forty five, the second half of the cool the four o'clock games. That's not in the plane, you know what I mean. So you're watching and we didn't get when they took that away. That was kind of lame, but it was pretty cool like everything else. I mean, it's pro sports. So you have your own plane, and then when you get to the you land in city, there's four buses. We all go to our bus. You have like forty five minutes to an hour of free time, and then you have like treatments. At every hotel, there'll be we take out all like the conventional area or whatever, the big ballroom areas. We have all that taken out, so they'll be like little film rooms, so you have film room if you want to go watch film film. There'll be a big training room, so there'll be a lot of guys in there getting their bodies ready. So there'll be that like a forty five minute hour of that and you have dinner, and so then guys will start to funnel into the cafeteria and that's where like the breaking bread and the hanging out processes, and there's usually it'd be the same kind of food. There'd be a chicken, a steak, apasta, brown rice, a marin era, a meat sauce, a chicken wing night before, and there'll be like a specialty dish of where you were at according to the city you were in. Oh I like that. So like Denver always had really good food. Then I remember because we say had a really nice hotel there too. We didn't stay in the greatest hotels, so I don't know, you know, like I hear these basketball guys they have in their hotel in their contracts, they gotta have like presidential suites and they got to stay at five star hotels. We were always at a hotel right next to the airport, no distractions and leave anywhere. So then you get, you eat, and then after you eat, we had seven thirty meetings offensive team meeting, and then you had offense and defense and then you'd walk through the whole game plan. The night before in a big old ballroom. You'd walk through every play, so that could be sixty to seventy five plays as a team, and everyone would go over and you know, each coach would be looking at their position group. The lineman would go do a couple of steps and kind of say what they had to do, and they would say, all right, we're going to us to this. The receiver would do a walk to his routes in a condensed area, but like, all right, we're running an incut, you're running the cross, just to show that everyone knows what to do, you know, So you'd walk through those and then after that you get treatment again. And by that time it's like nine thirty nine, guys would be everyone naturally funnels into the cafeteria because the college football is on. So guys, yeah, watching the college football, getting a late night snack before everyone goes and I think, uh, curfew would be at like eleven, and then you wake up and and it's the same kind of regiment where you go and you go to cafeteria and then you have a team meeting. You guys go through one last key before you leave. We already have the hay in the bank now we get to the stadium, and then it turns into a different operation once you get to the stadium. But the travel, Like I was accustomed to Kent State where we're busting the places. So I thought it was fucking awesome. You know, I got the cheeseburg, I can whatever I want. You can do busting the munsie, you know what I mean. It's literally we bust a munsie. Uh So it's different than the other sports because you know, they have so many games where it's part of the light, the road is part of their life. Yeah, we're taking our operation in Foxboro and we're literally bringing it to that one spot, and we're doing everything that we do in Foxboro at that one spot, and and and and it's a business trip. No guys are rarely going out. I mean, if you had friends or family, you could get him a hotel room. No one was on your on your floor. No one was in your hotel room. That was conduct detrimental to the team. So you would get suspended and you'd lose a game check if anyone were ever on your floor, even just on the floor, can't be on the floor. Well, there'd be so much security. You can get anyone through there. That's true. Uh you know, so no candles, no nothing burning. That's what people used to say. If it burns, you can't have don't come in here with you have incense this that if it lights, you can't have it in broughts. So it works on my bays. Some of the most epic Bill times are when he would be explaining the rules and regulations of what the schedule is going to be. Hotel, yes, hotel rules or like every year, every year, the same day, like right when you get in, right after the conditioning test, you had like an hour and a half meeting where we go over all like the rules of the NFL, Like we go over the finding for you know players, wait, the this, the that. How much it was if you relate to meetings, how much it was if you had we would go over like an hour and a half of rules. And the way he would project he's like like if it's a fucking weapon, you can't bring it here all right? Light no bows and arrows, no, not like he like the way he would deliver it would be so funny, you know, it was funny or like we were traveling to Europe. Look, we're not gonna be out here fucking getting fishing fish and chips. Guys like, this is a fucking business trip. You see Uncle Ben on your own time, like you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean?
Speaker 1: I like pepper and a little jabber and there. You know, it was it was fun.
Speaker 2: I can just picture Bill being like, I don't care how good that little thing upringles looks at man, I don't touch them.
Speaker 1: Any bar oh you Oh yes, there was no alcohol at many bars. But oh true. There you could order. You could order whatever you like. You could order food. Now is that on the team or is that on you? That's on you? You got I think we when I first started going, we would get a per diem. Oh yeah, no, this is good for the travel. We would get per diem. You get a you get an envelope. Bears would sit and hand it out to every you know, all the guys. And it started out like thirty six bucks. You get thirty six bucks for meals because they said that, you know, they they had all the meals at all times at the hotel for us. So it was like some teams would be getting like two hundred three hundred bucks oh yeh, which I I don't know. But and then it got to like sixty. But as soon as we get that money, it'd be cash. Everyone would put their initials on it, and one of the flights flight as attendants would come and get a bag and they'd all everyone would put their initial on their dollar and she'd go and she'd pick two out. The first one would get the money back and the second one would take the whole bag lottery. It'd be like a g oh, he smokes out rocks. Do you ever win? And I didn't do it? Oh, you didn't do it? No, okay, that's gas money. When I was young, I was like, that's fucking I'm not making a hell of money resting thirty six bucks. Yeah. Two questions for you, did you ever have a roommate traveling or you only ever have?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 11: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't have roommates traveling, had roommate rookie or camp camp? Okay? And then which is hoy dog? I think nice Hoyer Brian Hoyer shout out. I think uh he Ormburger. And there was someone There was a couple of times where I had maybe, but I think it was because me and uh Ormburger. Didn't he say we were close to or he no he was. He was roommates with Hoyer, and I used to go to Hoyer's room and we would do flashcards of formations and personnel groups and concepts together. So I know, you see Armburger and he'd be like the center and either try to make a team. And then on a road trip Sunday, does the team go from a hotel to stadium at the same time or is there like different three there's two buses, so I actually a lot of sometimes guys would go early with the training Yeah, the trainers. So there's an early bus that gets there like three and a half hours before, and then there was one that goes like thirty minutes after. There's a late bus, and there'd be some guys that would go with the training staff that would go in a car or van or something because they wanted to be there extra early. I just went early bus. Did early bus? Did you ever bring your gaming consoles or did anyone? No that you know, No, you don't have enough time. Yeah, busy schedule. You know, you're pretty pooped from the travel from that week's of prep, that week's work of prep. Hella meetings, a lot of meetings, like you're meeting out by that time when you get to your room, you just want to get you just want to sleep. Some of the best napping time you ever had, you have is like the hour bus ride from the stadium to the airport to Providence, TF Green whatever, like, because like you're just so wiped out from the whole week, the mental drainage you have from installing new plays to you know what you're gonna expect from them. There's a lot of stuff going on. I remember getting in that bus you just like, or the plane instant out. Oh that's the best. It's like, Oh, you don't have to worry anything, so you need that sleep. Well those are fun. Yeah, those were fun. Now it's time for the Chill Zone, brought to you by Coors Light at Coors Light, delivered straight to your door. Visit Corslight dot com, slash gwn and celebrate responsibly, folks. Blue A couple.
Speaker 2: O good catch guy, guy crack these bad boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guy with the Yeah. You gotta shake them up and tap them boys, Shake them up and tap them. This one's extra Christmas, extra busy. Here's that all right? Last question? Shake them up and tap them boys. You're gonna do the chillist of the questions we had, Oh yeah, the extra chill baby.
Speaker 6: Shout out Nuthouse Nation, Nuthouse Nation House Dollin our super fan runs a meme account, a fan page for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 12: What's up Nutthouse.
Speaker 8: It's your guy.
Speaker 12: Here, Nuthouse Nations. So obviously we're on the search for the greatest games of all time. The games is names everyone should know. But what about the worst games of all time? You know, the games of shame? Are there certain games that come to mind and you think of just what are we doing here? Kind of boring under ross games?
Speaker 4: What are your games?
Speaker 12: It's shame?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm pretty sure rich Ornberger he had a Yep, a shame game. Tough to beat that one shame. Big Cat had a shame game. It was a shame that we did that game. More likely, what else did we have? There's a couple of some prol Marshall that's actually that'd be that'd be fun to find the worst game. That would be really fun. I like this and we should do like a Bizarro week where we bring people in and we just we talk about the shittiest game of all time.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking a lot from the Patriots twenty twenty four seasons come to mind.
Speaker 1: Oh you got what about the fucking Raiders game?
Speaker 6: Oh oh no, it was good for fifty It was good for the Raiders though, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: From Jacobe Myers and then he went to go be a Raider after that, after inside Job, Inside John, Inside Jump, Chandler Jones turned it right up, shit scripted? What's that? What's the script? What's another terrible game? Both ways? Any on the top of our heads, remember that. I don't think it was a bad game, but remember that Alabama LSU six to three games. Oh yeah, rematch in the National Change. That wasn't a bad game. I love that it was the good defensive football. But trying to think of just like.
Speaker 2: There's a way first Virginia Tech game it now gets memed out a bunch, which it was like six to three or three to nothing.
Speaker 1: It was wake VT back in the day. Yeah, worst gross games of all time. I mean, you gotta look at the quarterbacks who started the like you'll you'll you'll find some gems with some Dan Orlowski stars, John Skelton's in there.
Speaker 6: Some skeletons or maybe people and start with Nuthouse Nation in the chat when you comment some of these games with Shane that we should maybe, you know, consider doing it.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll get an because we got a list of games we want to do. Maybe we'll do some games that we don't want.
Speaker 2: To do but should do if we almost need to, like take the scoring our patent scoring system and like inverted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like great for April Fools. Oh yeah, the worst game of the whoa, the we have the go The greatest of all games will be the wog, the worrocked, the worst of all games, worst game of all time, most most worst, most no, worst of all time, worst and something to think about? What what? What?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 6: That was the chosen I got a good one, the two thousand and three NFC Championship game forty nine Ers Eagles when there just wasn't any quarterbacks for the for the forty nine Ers twenty three, twenty three.
Speaker 1: That's that. That's a bad game. That's a bad game.
Speaker 2: That's a bad game. Yeah, that was named in Peterman game was pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Remember that one?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, Nate Dog. Yeah, yeah, here's here's the one I mentioned earlier.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 2: November twenty fourteen, Wake Virginia Tech nothing nothing. At the end of our gillary went into double overtime wake one six to three.
Speaker 1: That is a gross game.
Speaker 2: Eighteen punts, five miss field goals, four turnovers, and then it gave us.
Speaker 1: A weather Does that being not bad? Beamer ballmer ball? Do I not remember that?
Speaker 12: Bro?
Speaker 1: It's a meme now it's I might have watched this game and then blacked it out. Yeah, that's how you know it's bad. I'm watching every Virginia Tech game in two thousand and four. Then acc network, dude, old school wild, Well, we gotta do some we gotta do some some gross game hunting. We gotta will be good will hunting, I mean gross game hunting, gross game hunting. Well, that was the chill zone thanks to our favorite beer, Coors Like it Coors Light delivered straight to your door. Visit Coorslight dot com, slash gwn and always celebrate Responsibly. Wow, I love those. I love voicemail episodes. It's so fun. Really from the folks. Feels like you're hanging out with people. It does. You gotta keep these going, building community, keep calling us, keep Yeah, I like hanging out with twenty four second the hotline never closes. Text and if you do, do it quickly so I can see no talk to it, text Jack first and then text that line. Yeah, just I'll just give it my personal number for those. Yeah, and that's been another episode of Games with Names. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, wherever you listen to your podcast, Comment a game you want us to do, and remember, rate and review. Leave us a five star review on Spotify while you're there. Remember to follow Games with Names on YouTube x, Instagram, TikTok, and snapchat. Leave a comment on the YouTube full episode. We read the best ones on future episodes. Leave a message on the hotline at four two four two nine one two two nine zero, and we'll see you guys next week. Games with Names of production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Mm hmm