Speaker 1: Coming up on a Get Live podcasts or we're so close to Commanders we.
Speaker 2: Still have smort to do about to return to d C.
Speaker 3: Yes, most definitely.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk to Bram Weinstein and we had a draft class to talk about as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I did take the color only challenge. Plus look at these legs. You know what that means.
Speaker 1: Summertime, grilling season and you have a house with thief.
Speaker 2: No, you and are gonna go end coming up next to gas Creator.
Speaker 3: I don't ever want.
Speaker 1: It is to Get Loud Podcasts. Presented by our good friends at Sea Geek. This summer SeatGeek has your ticket to the best live concerts in the d NB at Northwest Stadium. See Geek, the official primary ticketing partner of Northwest Stadium.
Speaker 2: That's smoot, I'm jenks before we get started.
Speaker 3: Yes, sinko, that my one of my favorite holiday.
Speaker 2: Franklin Hall, eight o'clock Command Center Live.
Speaker 1: You guys are gonna be there, so have your marks, come out and check out the entire crew.
Speaker 2: You guys are gonna be there in front everybody.
Speaker 3: Yes we are. We're gonna enjoy that day.
Speaker 4: It's a day of fellowship and drink and we're gonna come together as a fan base and enjoy ourselves.
Speaker 3: That's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: We're just sinkle demile rank for you.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm a big Halloween guy.
Speaker 4: Oh, Like, Halloween is one of my personal favorite holidays. Right, It'll makes sense because it's actually not for kids anymore, Like nobody, like as a person that has kids, I don't take my kids trick or treating.
Speaker 3: I go buy them candy. They eat it.
Speaker 4: Like it's not like we used to do it in the nineties. All right, It's just totally not.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have to say I've gotten dressed up every year for like the last ten years.
Speaker 2: I've been fred Snow for the last five years.
Speaker 4: So this I enjoyed the holiday like it's genuinely one of those days where thirty days.
Speaker 3: Out, I'm preparing for it. Like I'm preparing for it.
Speaker 4: I have to get my I had to get my outfit, I had to get everything going, so I'm ready for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Not just to day. Yeah, for the weekend.
Speaker 1: Well, it felt like a holiday when we got the announcement that we're very close to having the commanders return to DC at the RFK stadium side.
Speaker 2: Now again it has to be approved by the DC City Council.
Speaker 3: So they got to approve the.
Speaker 2: Just part of it.
Speaker 1: But when we heard the announcement and you watch the press conference, we're gona talk to Bram Weinstein here in just a couple of minutes and get his thoughts on it, because he was there and being the MC.
Speaker 2: If you will, what did you think?
Speaker 3: I loved it? I loved it.
Speaker 4: I wish I had I wish it was in my playing window that I got to go back to RK.
Speaker 3: But it just it's it works, it fits.
Speaker 2: It just feels right.
Speaker 4: It feels right because I was always one of them people. I'm like, we are the Washington football team. I stay in Virginia, I play in Maryland. I don't do anything in Washington side go out, all right, So for it to be back at the Melica and just just look at what the net stadium has done for the water huge it is that created his own.
Speaker 3: Little pocket over there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so when you put this stadium here, not only are you getting another waterfront, it's another business district. Like, So it works, it's supposed to be there, It's it's a natural fit. Right, I'm gonna say, Jinx, it's a natural fit. And you're talking about the super Bowl in the Nation's Capitol, talking about the Draft in the Nation's Capitol.
Speaker 3: You're talking about.
Speaker 4: Taylor Swift concert with Travis Kelsey there in the Nation's Capitol. Like it just works it, Make it happen, Make it happen DC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's I think it's important to point out because, like as you said, if you didn't see Navy Yard before where it is now, you wouldn't recognize it, you know.
Speaker 2: Kelly Johnson, Right, yeah, So Kelly and I are Ty. We go back a long way. I mean, she covered the team for a long time, one of the best ever do it.
Speaker 1: So she came to visit last year and she lives out west now, and so we were Navy Yard and she was like.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: She's like, this is Navy Yard.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like yeah, She's like wow. And she was in the district for a long time because it.
Speaker 4: Looked like an odd spiel before it got over there. If you really want to know what it looked like, it was a odd spill over there, right, That's what it was. Now is vibrant now it's condos there where, it's restaurants everywhere, it's it's two stadiums not one. Yeah, you got about body feel is over also, so it just recreated a whole business district. And I think this was happening if they put the stadium back there.
Speaker 1: So let's get some perspective on this and bring in the voice the Commanders. Of course, at a Bram Weinstein, and he was there on Monday for the big announcement, So we got to talk about this and bring in the voice the Washington Commanders, Bram Weinstein. Bram, always good to see you, even during the off season, but this is especially exciting, not only because you're here, but also because now we are very close to the Commander's returning to d C. Still needs to be approved by the DC City Council. But before we go into some of the particulars, I know you have some very personal memories, some very vivid memories of your time there. Can you take us back just a little bit and kind of give us a little scene setter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was such a full circle thing, and I'm just so you know, privileged that they gave me a role in a moment like that. I mean, it's historic for the city, for the region, you know, obviously for the team as well. And I'm with you, like, nothing's done here, So hopefully this will this will get past. But we'll let the city council and the mayor and you know, the government officials do their work with the team and hopefully this becomes a reality and that we're we're calling games in five years at o RFK Stadium. But you know, I grew up here. I went to RFK as a kid. I fell in love with the team. You know, that place was part you know, football stadium, part church.
Speaker 6: Really.
Speaker 5: You know, I think for a lot of us it was a religious experience going to games there. And obviously it didn't hurt that the team was a dynasty, you know, throughout the eighties and nineties, and you know that was I've had a lot of really cool moments with the position that I have.
Speaker 6: I got to call a Hail Mary. Last year.
Speaker 5: You know, we got we had a twelve and five season, they went to the NFC Championship Game. All these things I'll never take for granted. It's been a magical year, but that that thing on Monday is going to stand out for me. For the rest of my life. I mean, it was a historic moment for the entire region and it was just it was incredible to be privileged to have any role in it at all.
Speaker 1: How huge will this be potentially for the city? We sort of have proof of concept, I feel like with National's part. No, it's a different franchise, but you're talking about the revitalization of an entire area in Washington, d C.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you know, in some places, you know, the stadiums could become anchors, and I think in our city it has in two different locations. You know, when a Poland moved the Wizards and the Capitals to downtown Washington, d C. It completely revitalized the Chinatown area of the district. And I know, you know, not to talk about, you know, Ted Leeltison what he wanted to try to do, you know, recently with a potential move, but I think part of that was he wanted to see the revitalization.
Speaker 6: Continue and it be an anchor.
Speaker 5: But for a very long period of time, it totally changed that part of the city. Nationals Park Outyfield has totally revitalized and anchored a part of the city where you know, I grew up here my entire life, Janks like, we didn't go to the Navy Yard like no one ever. There's never a reason to frequent it or be down there. And it's anchored that part of that city. It's become a hub where young people live. It's a growth, you know, part of the city. And I think the state think it happened here with the RFK stadium site. They've had two proof of concepts for it. Obviously, a large portion of this will be a stadium, but there are parts of this deal where a lot of pieces of this land need to be developed differently. I think for the investment to work for all sides, that it can't just be a stadium, and I think they're being cognizant about all of that, and so, you know, I believe this is, you know, the right thing obviously to say it here. It's the right thing for them, for everybody to do this, and I hope that it does go through. I think it's it's a perfect place for the stadium to be, you know, karmically historically, it's hallowed ground. It feels like home, So I think, I know, I think I speak for the region and if you just ask Commanders, fans, where do you want it to be?
Speaker 6: It is there, you know, so I think everything kind of checks off the boxes.
Speaker 5: And what will happen with the revitalization as far as how the city, you know, reacts to it, I don't know, but we do have two prime examples of sports stadiums in this town being anchors for economic activity and that economic growth.
Speaker 1: So you said, this is a full circle moment, and I'm sure what reinforced that was seeing all these franchise legends there at the same time, everyone on the same page saying this is where the study belongs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was really cool. I mean, you know, we had legends there. Rigo was there, Darryl Green was there, Doug Williams was there, Joe Gibbs was there. I thought it was really fitting that here's Joe Gibbs sitting next to Dan Quinn, you know, like almost like a true passing of the torch, like the glory days of this franchise in the stadium that was beloved by the region, and they're sitting next to each other. And the last time that Washington had a season like the one that they had a year ago is when Joe Gibbs was coaching them back in nineteen ninety one, so it felt very fitting to be part of that. I you know, you never know, like it's a press conference, so you don't know what the reaction is going to be, but like that was raucous in there. You could, like the genuine emotion of this announcement being made was really truly breathtaking.
Speaker 6: And again, I just you know, I was just.
Speaker 5: So happy and really you know, honored that they asked me to have a role in that, because for me, I'll just never forget that for the rest of my life.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: I love this franchise, I love the position I'm in with it. I'll never take it for granted. And that moment just to have any role or part of that, really it's truly, it's really really amazing.
Speaker 1: And potentially we're talking about, which is hard to believe I'm saying this, we're talking about maybe down the line even as Super Bowl being here in the district of Columbia, but yeah, have the infrastructure, we have the stadium for and that's something that I hadn't even thought about until recently, but that's a real possibility.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 5: I mean, the stadium is it's going to have a roof on it, like clearly, you know, I know I saw some of the renderings, and you know, I was told, you know, these are not final renderings.
Speaker 6: This is just concept design.
Speaker 5: A couple of the elements to me, are like I think, are keepers, like a viewpoint from inside the stadium to the monuments or the capitol buildings. Seemed like an obvious thing to do putting a roof on it. I listen, I'm an old school I love the elements. You know, I love that too. But for this to work for everybody in the modern NFL and really in modern entertainment, this needs to be a facility that could be used three hundred and sixty five days a year and to have the type of events three hundred and sixty five days a year, they're going to have to put a roof on it. Otherwise you render a building like that unusable. For if the Tailor Swift Aerostour concert's going to come around, it's gonna be very difficult to hold it there in January or February. I think, you know, there's a lot of there's a lot of potential use cases here in major tours and entertainment and all sorts of things, and a roof is just going to be necessary unfortunately. You know, I love elements, but you know, from what I saw, you know, it looks like you know, I think it's everything you could ask for it. It's going to be a modern build whatever it ends up looking like. And I'm very excited to see what a final design would look like if this does actually go forward.
Speaker 2: Why'd you got the aras Turin? I know analy likes that.
Speaker 1: But before we let you go, just I'm sure you've thought about it. It's a few years away, but time moves quickly. Have you thought about actually calling a game there at the RFK side here in what twenty thirty?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's going to be very emotional for everybody. I mean, it's like you're going home. This has been a long, long, long winding road to go home.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: When I've talked to you know, all of the people who are watching this, and like they know the history of why why RFK became blight, It's because the federal government was under control.
Speaker 6: Of the land.
Speaker 5: This wasn't up to the DC City Council to choose what they wanted to do with this land. Tract, and it just had been held up in red tape for a very long time. So like when I tell people, you know, there's a reason why this happened like this, but there was a natural let's go back there feeling. I think amongst the fan base for a very long time that it was a really long, long, long winding road to get back to this point. It would be incredible to call a game there. And to your point about the super Bowl too, I have a hard time believing Washington's not getting a super Bowl if they do put a roof on a stadium. I mean, Roger Goodell didn't. He didn't say that would happen. He can't say that's going to happen. But this is a pet project for him too, and I think the way he put it was their application looks a lot different with a new stadium here. So I'm hoping we get the draft on the National Mall. I'm hoping we get a super Bowl here, and I hope we start to kind of, you know, take in some of the major prime calendar events and then who knows.
Speaker 6: I mean, with the team that they.
Speaker 5: Have, the quarterback, that they have, the culture that's being built and all the good vibes around the city, the region rallying. It's showing support by like wanting to bring them home and wanting to have a stadium. You can feel the support around the region. You know, I hope we're going to be winning big and maybe even winning bigger than they did a year ago in the very near future.
Speaker 2: It seems like the perfect time for it.
Speaker 1: It's all coming together. He's ran Weinstein voice and the commanders. We appreciated brand Thank you. See Jackson so Bram was there and you can just tell that he sort of mirrors the excitement they were all feeling with that potential returning. We're really close, so excited about it happening. And on top of all that, had a great draft. Yeah, we were in Navy Yard, Yeah, cover the draft and there were a lot of different That was a good time. Yeah, I had a lot of great fans and at the time, Josh.
Speaker 2: Connery isn't where we thought the team was going to go.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you, the more you get to watch this guy, the more you listen to them, the more you realize exactly why AP made this pack.
Speaker 3: Well, it's reinforcement.
Speaker 4: Reinforce what first of all, it's protecting asset. JD five is the asset to protect, and why are you protecting his asset? You might want to solidify what I call the wild Boards, the new version of the wild Hawks. You want to make sure. And when I went through and looked at position by position, almost four out of the five positions are pro bowlers, right, Lad Thomson pro bowler, Tyler b ODI's pro bowler, Coleman moving to guard.
Speaker 3: I think he's gonna be a pro bowler.
Speaker 4: And you got to realize, Sam Cosmi said, already solidified himself as a pro bowler.
Speaker 3: So now you.
Speaker 4: Are protecting the asset and JD five back there, and then you look at all the things that the teams in the division did I do a card A sexy DEXI Trippado, that's New York. You know what we got in Jayden Carr, I mean Jayden Carter with the with the Eagles. Yeah, then you got to realize they call for reinforcements in Dallas that has had a very good draft.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna knock it. We had a very good draft.
Speaker 4: So when you look at what we did, we just kinter acted what they was doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, haven't We said with the Eagles that one of the reasons why they've been so good is that they win in the trenches. They're good on both lines of scrimmage, and so you cannot go wrong, especially when you have to face a team like that twice twice.
Speaker 4: And that's what we did. We went, we went, all right, this is the apple cart. We got you, no problem. That's what you want to do. You want to be sized. We can do size. And that's why I challenge everybody to go out here and watch their fielm of Connolly versus Abdua card Or while they was in college.
Speaker 3: Because he man handled, Yes he did.
Speaker 4: He man handled him and taught him a lesson and gave him blessings, all right, So you got to love that. So I thought it was very smart by the brain trust, very smart by Adam Peters to make sure you show up your offensive line.
Speaker 1: I forget what I was watching, but it was someone who was giving some insight on Connolly as a person. And he wants to know, which I love guys like this, so where he doesn't just want to know his position, he wants to know about the entire offense. He wants to soak everything in because like that, he's a football savant. It's not just me, like I want to know what this guy's doing, what this guy's doing, what this guy's doing, And when you have a guy like that who lives and eats and sleeps football, that's just gonna help you.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: When I heard that about him, it almost made me so happy that I stopped thinking about the fact that Travis Hunter rent number two, and now Shun Springs is not the highest drafted cornerback of all time. He won't answer my phone. I've been calling him.
Speaker 2: He knows what's coming.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's been three d throwed it. He don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 4: But to hear that this kid is a savant like that, because I was like that, I want to know what everybody doing because now I can really figure out my game playing inside of your defensive call if I know what everybody doing and where everybody should be. So this telling me he has a higher level, and that what makes him a commander. Pick that's what it means to be a commander.
Speaker 2: I saw something just sort of related but not really.
Speaker 1: It was an whatever you with Tom Brady was a couple months ago and he was talking about studying the game, and he was saying that when he would go to the line of scrimmage, how all the work for a quarterback is done before you throw the ball.
Speaker 2: And he was saying something.
Speaker 1: Like, I'll look at that safety and because he moved his arm this way, I know he's about to go here and this is the coverage, and I thought.
Speaker 2: That is while to do that much study. No, we are trying to hold it as long as possible.
Speaker 4: I know, I know people remember this, they remember paying many one thing they used to do at the coast, get out the huddle fast. Yeah, he wants to he wants to bleed the clock and we are trying to hold these coverages.
Speaker 3: We're not trying to do it. And he'll just go through the cadence.
Speaker 4: Oh maha, omaha, whatever, blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: He's trying to get us to show just a tad bit.
Speaker 4: If those safeties rock and roll and that scrong safety moves down, he automatziced though we're in a single high coverage. If they try to hold the shell long enough to hold that cover two. Now, he's like, but we could be in cover four. We could be in cover six. So it's this constant battle and that's why we have to have a captain like London Fletcher. This is going to go head to head with that quarterback on changing coverage.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the one thing Tom.
Speaker 4: Is Verius was always good about is I'm going to undress you so I know where to go before I say hike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you draft a young guy who wants to know nuance like that, man, that's huge because those little understandings sometimes give you the edge.
Speaker 3: It gives you the edge. It's simple.
Speaker 4: Like me as a cornerback, my view of the game is lateral. It's not vertal vertical, so I'm looking through the tackle to the quarterback. The one thing I used to always get my past keys from is the tackle light on his fingers, because if he's heavy on his fingers, they mean he's finna go forward the run block. If he's light on his fingers, they mean he's gonna go back to pass block. So now I knew, all right, it's a pass play. So I now I already know I ain't finna play the run. I'm finna play the past. And I got my key from the tackle.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: I love that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I also love and there was some talk that maybe the Commanders might trade back, but they didn't want to because they saw the value of the Skuy I know what the Old Miss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this guy's a player.
Speaker 4: He might be the best second round draft pick since Fred Smooth. Very similar, very similar Bodybill. He has great ball skills. He's loan he is and that's what you want. Like, that's what you want. And I like guys that been through a little something.
Speaker 3: This guy played himself up.
Speaker 4: He started as a raging cagun shout out the old b Mitch ballhead. He started as a raising cage and played his way to Alabama. I transferred from Alabama to Old Miss. So that means this ride he had went smooth. It was bumpy.
Speaker 2: I heard it.
Speaker 4: Everybody that we draft earned it. That's what I like about the guys that we draft. They would None of them really came out as five star ath least they became five star after, but they didn't come out like that.
Speaker 3: And I enjoy guys.
Speaker 4: They have to go through some some up and downs before they get to where they want to be at the SEC.
Speaker 1: In past breakups last season then around four kind of a local guy in Jalen Lane. You talk about a guy who's earned his way to where he is. Yes, he is a speechter's gonna work well in the slot, but he had to earn his spot too.
Speaker 3: And he's stick.
Speaker 4: He has a bill to him, all right, and he's fearless when it comes to punt return. And he's what we call to take the top off the defense guy. He's the guy that's going to go vertical and he's gonna go vertical the rest of his life. Like that just the way it is. And to find this guy in your backyard, you understand what he brings to the table. And when I look at Terry and I look at Debo and I look at McCaffrey, this guy is different.
Speaker 2: Like he has a gear, great compliment.
Speaker 4: Great compliment, And that's what you want when you want to get a mixture of a room. Like I don't want to have fire receivers and all these guys do the same thing.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say, I want diversity in his room.
Speaker 4: He brings diversity, and he brings another gear to your return game. And people don't underst Me and Santana talk all the time. Stanna say when his best special team coaches always told him, get me two first downs when you return. That means can you get me twenty yards? Can you get me twenty yards on return? This is a guy that can make that happen.
Speaker 1: I know we say this every year, but you really can we do You can't. You can't overstate how important it is for some of these young guys to also be able to contribute on specialties.
Speaker 3: And he is definitely one of the first of all young guys.
Speaker 4: Special team is how you're gonna get on the field, Like if you can make your mark, if you want to know when you're gonna start at your first starting job is special team. Now, if you happen to get into rotation on offensive defense, so be it. If you got the skill set the store from day one, so be it. But you're still gonna play special team. That's the biggest rule of raking in to high draft.
Speaker 3: The guys.
Speaker 4: You're still gonna play special team. Like they gonna tell you choose too, all right. They gonna tell you choose two special teams when you get here. That's part of it. And the faster you embrace it, the better you're gonna be at it.
Speaker 1: Round six, came Adrano, fastest linebacker the combine.
Speaker 4: Listen to me his athletic prow which jumps off if you watch this dude for him. He has a play where he's blitzing from the left. On the run blitz, they throw a quick screen to the right. This guy flashed across the screen. I don't know if he's gonna play safety. I don't know if we're gonna play linebacker.
Speaker 2: He's built like a strong safe.
Speaker 3: That's what type of athlete he is.
Speaker 4: Like you're talking about his steal the last two draft picks that we had, and usually people throw flyers in the sixth and seven.
Speaker 3: Let's just see what you got.
Speaker 4: Like I thought we were gonna get the Tusch push stopper from Florida four hundred and twenty pounds, but he's trying.
Speaker 2: To lose weight up and say he's gonna have to do something.
Speaker 4: But to get these guys with this athletic profile, like this guy could be a legit starter for you, and you fire him in the sixth round like this, that's different. Like that's telling me they want every blade of grass, they want every pick to count, right, Ma, Drmo, it's one of them picks. When I seen him get picked out was like, Wow, I couldn't believe he last to the sixth round, Like I just couldn't. Maybe people want him to be a tad bit more physical. I think that has to do with.
Speaker 3: Your team as a whole.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you want to talk about bang for your buck, you want to talk about winning the draft in the sixth and seventh round, this is how you get it done.
Speaker 2: He's also a team captain and that's something we've seen that this team has really emphasized in the draft and other areas, which is we want leaders.
Speaker 4: We want leaders of men, We want men that know. We want accountability.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If I could say one word that they brought into this building, it's accountability and they want it from each and every player, not some. And they're showing you that you're only as good as the fifty third person on the roster. But we want our fifty third person on the roster to be starting caliber and that's what we want.
Speaker 1: Finally, the seventh round, your Corey krossky Merritt out of Arizona only played one game last year because of eligibility issues. But if you go by a couple of seasons. He plays bigger than he is. Yes, and he's a great compliment. We keep talking about that because it's one cut and go for this.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, he gonna get downhill and he's faster than you think. And the tread on those tires afresh how you get you know, how you get fresh set at four tires and he like, you know what, I might drive to Alaska today, you know, because I got the tread on him. Like with this guy didn't play last year. Think about this, jinx. He played one game last year. Then he goes and plays in the All Star Game and gets the MVP.
Speaker 3: Yeah, meaning I ain't get.
Speaker 4: The rips y'all had, right, I just showed up ringing the ball and got MVP. The guy is ready to play like that what I said. We got steals in the six in the SIMP. He wasn't even on my board because I forgot he was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then at the Shrine game, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I say he was not on my board because I forgot. The guy was not there because he didn't play. And to get a guy like this, sky's the limits.
Speaker 1: And of course there's gonna be all sorts of undrafted free agency mini camp invites and one goes to Gabe Taylor, which is regardless of how that works out, your stuff to earn your place on the team.
Speaker 2: It's a nice story too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is just so in the right thing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And let's see what Gabe can bring to the table. Because I talked to Gabe all the time, and Gabe, he had one destination on his mind, and this was here. He wanted to come here. He wanted to play in his brother's shoes. He wanted to have his brother old locker. He wanted to pick up where the old man left off, like he understood the mission. And for him to be to live that dream, no matter how short, how long it is for them to make that dream come true, says everything to me. Where we are at as a franchise, like when it's ran right from the top the bottom, ain't no worries right now. So to bring him in and to give him a chance to make this team, to give him a chance to make this roster is everything. And I'm sure Pete Taylor, who I talked to Pete all the time, enjoy the fact that.
Speaker 2: Washington's family for the Taylor family.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's for Jackie Baby's family and.
Speaker 3: This is what we want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fans understand that.
Speaker 1: I know you understand that, and certainly the people the top understand that as well.
Speaker 2: Ye, so voicemails. Now, Anna is here. If you're wondering, we're not keeping her off camera.
Speaker 8: I'm here.
Speaker 2: She's here, She's ready to go.
Speaker 1: Guys, you can always call us seven oh three seven two six seven one nine.
Speaker 6: Anna.
Speaker 3: What do we have?
Speaker 8: All right, Well, we have one voicemail we'll get to for this little Voice Bowl segment. But I was going to say, if you guys have any specific well words, if you have any specific players, you guys want us to do a deep dive in throughout this Ota rookie mini camp period, like let us know, leave us a voicemail, drop it in the comments. That way, we can work on bringing Beat reporters from their schools in. We we want to talk about these guys, So be sure to request who you want to hear about because we want to talk about them on the show. Let me bring in the first call.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my name is Craig The Newport News. Danielle was born in nineteen sixty before. I was a rich scan out of the womb because my mom graduated with Chris Hamburg Hamptonized School, And I'm just people to death of that Washington's doing right now? Does anyone but me believe that we're gonna be contenders for the next decade? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we here to stay. This is not fake. This was not a flash in the pan. Listen to me, and listen to me.
Speaker 3: Softly.
Speaker 4: Here, as a guy that played a decade in the league, I realized something.
Speaker 3: I have been on a part of great.
Speaker 4: Teams in great rosters, and we were missing one key piece, and that was the quarterback. And we always ended up eight and eight, nine and seven, just barely getting there. When you have a quarterback, not only do you have a chance, you got a chance every time.
Speaker 3: You walk out there.
Speaker 4: Was it any game last year, Jinx that we walked on a field that you like, we ain't got no chance.
Speaker 9: No, no like cause we got that guy. Because we got that guy. Like, because we got that guy, we got a chance. Every time a game starts, we're in it, right, That's just what it is. So no, this is this is decade plus long, all right, Quarterbacks play a long time. I don't want to see him put on no other jersey, all right at the end of the day, Yes, we're in the I'm sorry. I want to apologize to the fan base about the dark years I participated in.
Speaker 2: Now I understand that your fun.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, I call it.
Speaker 2: Now you're fun.
Speaker 3: It was the dark Age, the Black Plague.
Speaker 2: I remember covering the team. I was with you, you almost caught the player.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. I apologize, but we are out of those times. Yes, we have found the vaccine. We are good, all right. So what I want to do is I want all the fans to know, because you know, doing my radio show after games, I caught myself talking to fans that I don't know if they was in just such disbelief that they couldn't believe this is who we are now. They were just so used to losing that they couldn't realize in grasp, but this is the new reality.
Speaker 3: This is our new reality.
Speaker 4: Year in and year out, we are coming, all right. We're coming for you and all the rest of the thirty one teams out there. We are coming, all right.
Speaker 1: And you know what, we earned it and we deserve it because we went through those times. That makes you appreciate the good times even more.
Speaker 4: Because it's like we've been waiting for this for long, because it's a decade of fans that's never seen us, and they don't know any better.
Speaker 2: They don't know any better. They like they don't they have never seen.
Speaker 4: All they have is mom, dad, and grandma and grandpa talking about what happened when dald Green chased down Chris Hamburg. Yeah, Chris Hamburg Yeah. Ditri Manly, Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Mark Moseley, all right, slinging samon bah. That's what they had to go back to. So no feet on the ground. This is the new This is the new regular for us.
Speaker 8: It is well seven oh three seventy six seven four. Be sure to keep leaving us your voicemails please. We'll get to more later in the episode, so be sure to stick around for that. Should we get into our ads.
Speaker 2: Pay those bills, play the bills.
Speaker 4: Why am I pay some bills? I think it's the first of the month, so money got to be spent anyway.
Speaker 1: You try to.
Speaker 4: M waa. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life doesn't escape us. We dream of a place anywhere in the world in the blink of eye.
Speaker 3: We're there. That's the wonder of flight.
Speaker 4: All you have to do is side where to Dulles International Airport. Let you imagination, short sword, book you adventure today at flydubs dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash non stop.
Speaker 8: Well done all right? The Get Loud Podcast is brought to you by BET three six five, official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets with the BAT three sixty five apps. Craft your own personalized pat slept with parlay, access thousands of games with live streaming, place your back before or the match, or bet during the game. It's up to you. Download the Bet three six y five app today enjoin eighty million members worldwide, age twenty one plus only. Must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler and.
Speaker 2: I will answered the phone and tail you. You're gambling too much.
Speaker 1: And a great job. I just want to you had an apology. I just want to apologize for my legs. I know how that looks okay, I know how they look. It's eighty some degrees outside.
Speaker 3: You feel like you're little pale.
Speaker 2: I'm a lot pale. Him of the whiteness, background, whit than that. I know it.
Speaker 1: You can just adjust the contrast on your YouTube video whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that, but it's summertime. I just want to enjoy it. We're almost I just need to let the legs out. You know what, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: Let the legs out? Let them get tan jinks, Let them get ten.
Speaker 2: No, I usually burn.
Speaker 1: I can get ten after a while. You got to spend a lot of time before I finally get ten.
Speaker 4: I totally understand that as I look at these undrafted free agents. Now, I can't say I know a lot about all of them, but I know a little bit about some of them. Let me tell you a funny thing that happened. I called the city open in d C. Every the first year that I did it.
Speaker 3: They put the names list in front of me. You know, tennis, it's very international.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, those names are very difficult jinks.
Speaker 3: And they made me call out all of them.
Speaker 2: Did you practice them?
Speaker 4: All you heard was the people laughing in the crowd. And after that they were like, smoot, you gotta come back. I was like why, because I want to mad laughing, because I'm literate, because I couldn't say most of these names. But it's like I thought football names were hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tennis could be the hardest names in sports.
Speaker 1: Maybe hockey maybe, but tennis gets really in the weeds of like European countries.
Speaker 4: Every country had somebody there and these names are not easy, and I butchered them.
Speaker 3: Listen, Jinx, I believe you. I butchered them with a Southern accent.
Speaker 4: The only things that saved to me was the accent because I could mumble through something. Oh yeah, but I'm talking about last names with thirteen letters.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the tennis crowd loved that.
Speaker 3: They loved it. Bring him back.
Speaker 1: So when you look at the draft and the guys were drafted rounds one through seven, and you look at draft grades, I mean pretty much across the board, Like the lowest we saw was B, the highest was A. And what I thought was funny is when I'd read a B or something you'd read, well, it wasn't a big class, but you know, what are you gonna do about that? Yeah, But across the board, even the experts, however much you want to put stock into that set, this was about as solid and as strong as a get.
Speaker 2: I just think it's one of those things that.
Speaker 4: It's so subjective. It's like an Oxymoor run. And the way that you don't know when til you know, we won't notice for five years.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: So just because it looks.
Speaker 4: Good on paper right now, that's just like, all right, he's gonna lie that.
Speaker 3: Everybody tells themselves.
Speaker 4: Whoever we drafted in the first round is going to be good. No, sixty five percent of first round is going to fail.
Speaker 3: Like, so nothing in the draft is guaranteed.
Speaker 4: You want to talk about a crapshoot in the lottery, that's what the draft is. Just because you was good in college, don't make you a good pros.
Speaker 3: It's faster. You got to think a lot more.
Speaker 4: Is three degrees of mistakes like it's it's so much. So if good is great, they want to give us. That just means they feel like we pick the right category. You people, all right, So I give them debt props, but I won't give them any props when it comes to giving us a grade, because you can't grade us for three years at.
Speaker 2: Least right hit the least well.
Speaker 1: And also isn't the average NFL career like three two years, two to three years, two years if you make it in the NFL. That's why I don't care what you didn't need, if you had any sort of long career, I'm like, you were in the league.
Speaker 4: NFL stands for not for long, not for long, like temp job, all right, the best thing Dale Green ever told me, Welcome to your dream temp job. Now, Like what you're like, Yeah, it's temporary, like you've been here for two decades.
Speaker 3: You're in treating saying like nothing is temporary about you. But he was like, do you know how many people I've seen come and go?
Speaker 2: Probably forgotten like chance with people.
Speaker 3: Just thousands of people come and go.
Speaker 4: So if you got that dream, you hold on to that dream. But the numbers are working against us. You got five hundred people hungry, younger than you, cheaper than you, coming out every year, all right, every year it recycles itself and it washed yourselfs out. So for you to survive for year out the year out the year, you got to bring something to the table that either this youngster can't or the guys that's on your level. kN got to play with a consistency. So with the draft grades, I'm always kind of iffy on that because I'm like, let time show me, let time show me who they are.
Speaker 1: I think I said this a few pods ago, but it's one of my favorite like sneaky good clips.
Speaker 2: And it was was it from last season two seasons ago.
Speaker 1: And it was a couple of young guys on the bear sideline and they were just talking and they were miked up and one guy looks still it goes, everyone here is good, and the other guy's like, yeah, everyone's good, you know, because it was like they were both like wide eyed kids saying, everyone on this field, you may not know everyone.
Speaker 2: Everyone here is good.
Speaker 4: The worst dude on this field, it's better than ninety nine percent of the population. Everybody, the jenitor is good, the water guy's good. Everybody is the upper excellent of what they do. And that's why to me and I do this with my kids, I don't want the first time for them to see high level.
Speaker 3: Competition is to be in college.
Speaker 4: O the pros see it now, Learn what your peace years are doing now. I was always taught if you send down playing a video game, I always think about what your competition doing right now.
Speaker 3: Because they work, that's right, they work. So I scared my.
Speaker 4: Kids with that and they be like, yeah, I'm playing the video game. I'm like, what about tep for Johnson? What is he doing right now?
Speaker 6: For doing it?
Speaker 4: That's what I tell him, Like, yeah, I always tell check this out. Refrigerator work, the micro wade work. Why you ain't working? That what I asked, why you ain't working?
Speaker 2: And also stop prank calling these kids.
Speaker 1: They have waited for the moment discuss and it didn't just happen to It happened to It happened to Josh Connolly, Josh Connerly, I should say, having a titler Warren, happened to Abdul Carter, it happened to guys across the board. Where don't ruin a moment that these kids have worked for their entire lives and imagine getting a call like that and then not getting drafted.
Speaker 4: First of all, this jealousy at its highest. You're only doing this because ain't nobody calling your phone. You're only doing this because you ain't got this epic. You want to ruin somebody's day and call them with a prank. That is the most disgusting.
Speaker 3: Thing I have man.
Speaker 4: These kids has dreamed of this since they was five years old, and the first thing gonna come to their mind is this jerk called me right and said I was drafted by a team that ain't drafted me. I won't forget this, even though I'm finna get this call soon. Yeah, Like, why would you.
Speaker 2: Even want to forget fining money?
Speaker 3: Forget all of that.
Speaker 4: They're just a disgusting human being exactly like now. And I understand we all idiots in our twenties. We all idiots in college, all right. We looking to laugh, we looking to gag each other, were looking to do whatever we can just.
Speaker 3: To have fun. This is not fun.
Speaker 4: This is this is beyond disgusting. So at the end of the day, I never get it. Man, it's I don't see why people want to ruin somebody else's day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they've earned it. They put on the time you have them. Yeah, yeah, say something else to do. Yeah, it's time to listen to another voicemail.
Speaker 8: D Yeah, let's cube enough a voicemail. And if you guys didn't hear yourself this week, keep calling. We want to hear from you. And yeah, hold on, let me let me pull this up.
Speaker 10: Okay, she's got it, hey, friend, ain't jinks this is Tracy again. I was just calling because y'all were talking about Colorado retiring jersey numbers, and you know y'all saying what y'all were saying about is special this that the third and I got to thinking about the commanders. Now, we just retired GARYL. Green's jersey. The only two three official jerseys that we have retired is Jergison's Green and Boss. But we don't have monks number being in circulation, Gary, uh, Joe Bison's number being in circulation, along with other players numbers really not being in circulation. And my thing is, then if we're if we're not going to use those numbers, then why not retire them? And if we're not going to retire them, then why don't we put them back in rotation. That's just a question that I had. Thanks brother, Thank.
Speaker 4: You well thinking about it. You know, they haven't put that two seven in rotation.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, just to think about it, you know, not to glorify.
Speaker 3: Myself putting it out there, putting it out there, you know, me and me and Brad you know bread World too, yep. Let to sell them, you know.
Speaker 4: So it hasn't been in rotation, and I respect, I respect the team's wishes.
Speaker 3: So the thing about it is is just doing what the team wants, you know.
Speaker 4: So I understand where he's coming from on putting these numbers back into rotation, But I don't think the fan base wants to see anybody wear Arkmunk's.
Speaker 1: Number, right, And I also would say that I think the difference is is that haven't we seen that things are done differently now.
Speaker 2: With the Josh Harrish group. Haven't we seen that this is a different time where things can change. That's the one thing.
Speaker 1: We're seeing a lot of changes, all positive. I mean, it's just been win after win after win. So I think I can't speak for anyone here about it and say, with all the changes we've seen, it wouldn't surprise me if down the line we saw some of that shot.
Speaker 2: But he go to thing too, you just can't keep retiring numbers, like.
Speaker 4: There needs to be a standard, like think about it, like he go the tricky part about retiring numbers. If you retire all the great player numbers, the young player's got no numbers to wear, right, And he goes to scared thing about not retiring the number. And I'm just using this for example, that's all. I'm just using it for example. Let's say we didn't retire twenty eight, okay, and we drafted a kid.
Speaker 3: Trey Amos.
Speaker 4: Treyames goes on to be a thirteen year pro bowler, the best corner they ever play.
Speaker 3: Who number is it? He is a dare?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That that go to colomnbion right there.
Speaker 4: With letting people wear certain numbers that ain't supposed to be were because if somebody one upstep player, who number is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like we know who Larry Bird is.
Speaker 4: But if you let somebody wear Larry Bird's number and he outdoes Larry Bird.
Speaker 3: Is it his number anymore? You don't want that.
Speaker 4: And that's what That's why you can't let people wear certain numbers. And I totally understand, but it's it's a double D sword right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, it's a hard.
Speaker 2: It's great thing to have that history.
Speaker 1: Rea so many guys you're like, you make cass for this guy, this guy, this guy, this guy.
Speaker 4: You can make a case and retire forty numbers if you wanted to, but you can't because somebody got to wear it.
Speaker 3: Nicks like and I've.
Speaker 4: Always and that's why I love Mike Irvan because he has been eager to get an eighty eight out like he wants it to be very much what he living is at Penn State, the best place that number.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I like, I.
Speaker 4: Like his view of it, and some guys like I don't want nobody else to wed it, and I'm it's kind of greedy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you guys, let's talk about seegeek for a second.
Speaker 2: Can we be good? We have enough, Okay, I just want to make sure that they want to interrupt there, Seekeeek catch you're taking it.
Speaker 1: The best live concerts in the DMV at Northwest Stadium, Seageek makes it easy to catch world conquering tours and high watch performances from your favorite artists all summer long. Sea Geek has the best seat, your seat for an unforgettable summer.
Speaker 2: I'm just for the summer right now.
Speaker 1: Look at this guy from Rock Royalty to wrap superstars from R and B to country. Find out all on seakeek, the official primary ticketing partner of Northwest Stadium. Summer concert season officially starts.
Speaker 2: With sea Geek.
Speaker 1: It's summer barbecue season. But before that are you going to do the Connorly challenge. I saw Logan do it.
Speaker 3: Logan did do it. Prescia works out.
Speaker 4: I'm going to try the Connerly challenge at home with my kids first and then I do it on video. But you got to have some seatra nees for that, all right? My god, I don't I don't know if I still got it, Jens. You know, I'm still in good health.
Speaker 2: You look good.
Speaker 3: But to be popping up like that then backing up in that back like.
Speaker 2: Cause I did that. I thought about doing it for a second because my mind.
Speaker 4: Like I would love to see your pair of white legs. I my hip wopop out of my side. I was like, do not be suping like you know better. I'm going to do it. I'm not guaranteeing anything. I'm going to do it. Logan loves to challenge me, by the way, and he acts like he's not.
Speaker 3: Younger than me.
Speaker 4: Like Logan is very much way younger than me, all right, And he tries to like compete with me and everything, and I'm just not I don't have that edge anymore.
Speaker 3: I lost the edge. You know how you lost it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like I used to compete in everything, like even my kids. He won't let us win in nothing. No, that ain't the way the world goes.
Speaker 4: But now I'm less confrontational, okay, like I'm not going out looking for competition anymore.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: If it just falls on my left, I'm fine. But I will take the cunningly challenge.
Speaker 3: I will try.
Speaker 4: All right, maybe I should jump out of pool doing it to one up logan.
Speaker 2: Oh if you.
Speaker 3: Can do that.
Speaker 8: The logistics of that one, I'm trying to figure out the logistics.
Speaker 4: Cause you start on your knees, you pop up, and then you back. And I was gonna jump out. I'm gonna pop out the pool out of my knees and didn't get.
Speaker 8: Out of there out of the pool, So.
Speaker 4: I was gonna literally jump out of the pool, hit the concrete, and then scoop back.
Speaker 3: That's the only way I.
Speaker 8: Can one up Logan sounds like zero drivity list small like a kiddie pool.
Speaker 2: Will fill it up a little bit.
Speaker 4: No, No, that's one workout that I still do. I got two workouts that I still do because they low impact on my joints.
Speaker 3: Okay, I swim okay, and I ride bikes. That's it.
Speaker 4: Smart and guess what feel great doing it so that I said, maybe I jump out the pool one up Logan telling him he oh do he ain't got it no more?
Speaker 3: And we go from there.
Speaker 2: Huh. I think Logan's gonna break one of my ribs one day.
Speaker 3: He do that when he.
Speaker 1: Hugged I know he every time I see him, I love Logan. He'll give me a hung He's like, you lose some weight, and I could. I can feel like how strong he is.
Speaker 2: I'm like, he could crush me right now.
Speaker 3: And people don't understand that.
Speaker 1: And I'm not kidding. I was like, if this guy wanted to, he could squeeze me.
Speaker 4: And you know what, did you hear about the one hundred man versus Gorilla challenge? You know, we talked about that a year ago. We did, Yes, we did. We talked about it a year ago, and all of a sudden, the internet. Oh, by the way, what I happened?
Speaker 3: All right? This is this is the crew I'm taking with me.
Speaker 4: I have seen what everybody tried to do, everybody trying to go physical on physical.
Speaker 3: That ain't how we're gonna win this.
Speaker 2: Okay, We're gonna win this with mental ability.
Speaker 4: I want sixty athletes and forty nerds.
Speaker 3: All right, I need.
Speaker 2: Nerds because strategy.
Speaker 3: We need to think our way out of this.
Speaker 4: The way to beat these gorilla this gorilla is to outthink him.
Speaker 3: We will not out physical him.
Speaker 2: Correct, Hey, let's be practical about this.
Speaker 4: We need to outthink him. We need to use the things around us. We need to I need nerds, all right. Everybody trying to take hoh Hogan, everybody trying to take the rock.
Speaker 3: John Cena with them.
Speaker 4: No, I'm going to get Albert Einsteiny third, all right, I'm bringing him with me so he can give us a legit way to stop this dude.
Speaker 3: Because we need weapons. One. If we don't got them.
Speaker 2: We got to know what I'm putting money on a grilla all day?
Speaker 4: Well, if you outside, is always a weapon, A tree branch is a weapon.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 4: So what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna think this guy. I'm not gonna go out there and try to go blow to blow with him.
Speaker 2: You're hoping for a dumb gorilla.
Speaker 3: Well they you know, they're just not gonna think are human.
Speaker 2: I just feel like a gorilla.
Speaker 1: Bit before, you'd have to be very strategic because if you don't have any strategy.
Speaker 11: It'd just be like a lot of cash. You're gonna think about it. Ten guys got to be ready for the sacrifice. Oh yeah, the first two guys done. Just sacrifice. You're there for sacrifice only, all right. But at the end of the day, we have to outthink this this animal. We have to use the one thing that he doesn't have that we do, and this brain waves. And the way you're gonna beat him is you're gonna have to eat a trap him.
Speaker 3: I use a weapon.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, I've got just before you go on there, this is what I've come up with. Fred, I need you over there. Yes, right, Sean, you're gonna have to die.
Speaker 3: Just go right at us. Somebody got to have to jump on the head. Somebody had to go for the chokehold.
Speaker 4: We gotta get round the throat like I need guys that figure out where's the weak spot? Well, guess what you never think about it under the arm is a very very very weak.
Speaker 1: Spot right in the armpit with a stick stick.
Speaker 2: Down a large animal. Well, before we go, it's it's barbecue season.
Speaker 1: Anna, do you want to share your mom's advice which I don't think we agree with.
Speaker 8: Okay, well, first of all, before we get to the barbecue thing, guys, don't forget sinker to Mayo Franklin Hall Command Center, Live PM. After you've had your margarita's first drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh.
Speaker 8: Well, don't make too many promises.
Speaker 2: We might have a big turn first drink on me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you guys be sure to join.
Speaker 3: I didn't say it was alcohol.
Speaker 8: I've gotten enough. I've gotten jinks. Take on this, and I got brands take on this. Yeah, my friends and I bought a grill for our house. It's been really really fun.
Speaker 3: First of all, what category it is? Craft means what?
Speaker 8: I couldn't tell you. It's just a girl. And we started cooking hot dogs on the grill. Okay, but we're limited on our grilling capabilities, so probably every time we've grilled, we've grilled ourselves hot dogs. Also because hot dogs are good. But my moms to me instead, I think it's time to move up from hot dogs.
Speaker 3: She's right.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 3: First of all, let me tell.
Speaker 8: You, I'm twenty four years old.
Speaker 4: I've been saying, let me tell you someth about you youngsters. All right, our generation, we used to go in the kitchen when Grandma and Mama was in there.
Speaker 3: We used to go to the grill when they was out there, just to learn something.
Speaker 4: All Right, this new generation with all these air friars and all this other stuff, they don't know the genuine grilling techniques. If y'all have four people staying in the house and nobody knows how to grill chicken, ribs, chops.
Speaker 3: Anything, corn, anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, imagine if we pull it up and we saw four twenty four year olds around a grill with nothing but hot dogs on them.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's like a sympleton. I'd be like, those hot dogs are good. You can make a hot dog a lot different.
Speaker 4: I'm'd be like, this is the epitome of America. But this is where we're at right now. And you know what scares me. I'll be like, you know what, as I drive past these four people standing in this grill while they cook hot dogs. The thing that has scared me, jinks is I'd be like, in forty years, one of them could be president.
Speaker 8: Okay, I would I don't think the people cooking hot dogs, four people cooking hot.
Speaker 2: Dogs, one girl.
Speaker 1: I remember when it was just turning hot dogs on the grill.
Speaker 3: No you have y'all have to challenge yourselves on their grill.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, if you have any suggestions, drop them in the comments.
Speaker 2: Yes, do chicken leave us a boys mail. I just put chili on top and be like, this is a totally different meal.
Speaker 8: Now exactly upgrades, minor upgrades.
Speaker 2: But how they don't even get the chocos?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Can I ask y'all this, Do you let the choco's gray before y'all put the hot dogs on there?
Speaker 8: Well, it's a it's a it's a grill with the gas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm through with you. What I'm through with you.
Speaker 4: I'm from city. We don't agreele with gas. We don't do nothing with gas but heat the house.
Speaker 3: We don't. We don't chalk.
Speaker 4: So you're telling me ann okay, so you're telling me y'all ain't even got to smoke, smelled and taste to it.
Speaker 2: I feel like it.
Speaker 8: Does because it's cooked on a grill.
Speaker 3: You can cut that on the stove.
Speaker 2: It's got that mesquite pro paine.
Speaker 3: No propayne don't come mesquite. It doesn't.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 4: I thought we was actually talking about grilling. I gotta apologize to the fans. Listen, this is not grilling. She talked about stoytalk.
Speaker 8: My parents house. We have a smoker and I enjoy that very much, but I don't think we're at smoker level, and I don't think our porch could support a whole smoker and grilse.
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, my dad, my stepdad, he built, he welded a smoker that he made himself.
Speaker 2: I mean, out of like heavy like metal.
Speaker 3: You lifted up.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I mean that was a grill.
Speaker 3: Listen to me, this is what I did.
Speaker 4: You know, Me and Coach Cheryl, my head coach, from this statement very close.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: He talked to me about this grill he ordered for months, Black Freid.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to get this grill.
Speaker 4: In the back of my head, I'm like coach, I can't wait either, all right, So he gets the grill delivered and it happened to be getting delivered the same day that I'm moving.
Speaker 3: So I got this U haul.
Speaker 2: So you didn't know, you just happened to see it.
Speaker 4: I was passing by the coach's office and the grill was getting dropped off. Was no, no, no, it was a big charcoal grill.
Speaker 2: It was huge.
Speaker 8: Sure charcoal grills are like only the small, little, tiny circle grill.
Speaker 3: It got dropped off. I didn't let it sit there a minute.
Speaker 4: Before I pulled a U haul back in there and stole the coach is grill. And me and my family grilled don't it in Mississippi for ten fifteen years and we named it Jackie.
Speaker 3: Shirl And I enjoyed that grill. Thank you, Coach.
Speaker 2: When did you finally tell him?
Speaker 4: I told him like two years after I made the league. I like, Coach, you ain't never wonder what happened to your grill? He was like, they said, they delivered it. They did, Coach, I stole you.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 4: Yes, Now that's a grilled story, not four not four people grilling hot dogs on a gas grill. That's a real that's a real grill story.
Speaker 2: All I'm trying to upgrade in all I gotta say. I mean, and it was telling me this earlier. I was like, I don't know that sounds good? May they need to eat first?
Speaker 6: Nothing?
Speaker 3: You from Texas man, like, don't do that? Have you have you lower your standards that much since you moved?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: I want to I want like ribs. I want the whole. I want the whole, lady. That's what I'm telling you. You can grow vegetables like you can.
Speaker 3: Do a whole.
Speaker 4: Nothing you can't do outside like, That's what I'm about. And for them to be little the grilling process.
Speaker 2: I love that the grill master in you is insulted.
Speaker 4: I'm very they use gas. Second that they only grilling glizzes, like, come on.
Speaker 8: We're getting there, We're gonna get fatter ived promised girl dinner.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I'm shocking.
Speaker 4: In Colorado Buffalo, they ain't doing any much grilling up them. Maybe the little moose meat. But this is that's gonna do it.
Speaker 1: For the get Lab podcast, Let's don't you think of the comments. Give us golf, send us name out. We always want to hear from you guys, and.
Speaker 2: Sinko demio go eight o'clock. See you guys. Good Nick.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.