Speaker 1: What's up everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome back to The Draymond Green Show with My Dog b D. What's happening? My brother something? My dog just chilling?
Speaker 3: Bro. Before we get into this episode, subscribe to The Draymond Green Show with Baron Davis so you don't miss any episodes.
Speaker 1: That's right. Follow the show on all social media platforms at Draymond's Show so you don't miss none of the announcements. Now, we gotta start with the tweet, Bro. After the Washington Wizards game, Jordan Poole said, I love those guys over there. I love most of those guys over there. And then you respond with a tweet that says, I really am sorry. I really am sorry. Why did you respond to that?
Speaker 3: I responded because you know it's been three years, like let's move on. You know, we moved on, like I supposed to move on. Man, I really am sorry. Like you know, it was that that statement was kind of like it was kind of like it was looking for some sympathy. You know what I'm saying. I kind of keep wanting to make me dough to be the bag. I move on, bro, like it is what it is. I'm sorry, Like I shouldn't have functioned, but you know, it happened, like like, let's move on, man. I even apologized to his parents, you know, I got I got his dad.
Speaker 2: Popped off one time on the internet, and.
Speaker 3: I went back at him because it's just like, bro, why are you popping off? And I actually didn't like myself for it because I wasn't even on that, you know what I'm saying. I was like, I kind of let him get me off my square a little bit because I've said what I said about it, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, I kind of go over bro.
Speaker 1: You know, I'd be kind.
Speaker 2: Of going back and forth with this song, like.
Speaker 3: I'll be kind of in between you on certain days, like Yo, I know I was wrong, but you can't call a man to be word to push him and not get hit either, you know what I'm saying. So I kind of like, you know what I'm saying, I kind of sit in both of those spaces sometimes, Like the reality is the answer is probably somewhere in the middle, right, Like I shouldn't have knocked him out like that. I anything I should have himed him up kind of was just a natural reaction. So that the reality is like I probably shouldn't sit him up or something like that, and so.
Speaker 1: That fact, you know what I'm saying after the fact. I mean there's a lot of things you can do after the fact, right, you can think about and say what you did wrong, But in that moment, like man, when I saying, plenty of team might square off and like, you know fight, So it's it. I mean, you know saying fights in the league. You know, it's a whole it's a whole YouTube highlighted just people you know, getting down and thumping, you know, and it happens. It happens, It happens in practice when you're competitive, you have that competitive spirit. But at this point, you know, I really am sorry. Is another public apology to just move on, Like, okay, I get it, you know, I get how how Jordan Poole feel. Okay, you know you're gonna love some of the dudes and you're not right. But that's fun too, you know, but it's it's over, I think the whole You don't want to tie to your legacy, like it's not a it's not a legacy thing. It's this is not this is not a part of like the legacy. You know, this is more so like some sidecar ship that's just a part of like brand, you know what I'm saying, It's part the brand.
Speaker 3: But I think I think for him though, like you're kind of bringing that back up on yourself, you know what I'm saying, Like like when you do that, you just bring back that moment up on yourself, you know, like you just kind of gotta move on it and just keep it pushing.
Speaker 2: Man, top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta let it go at some point, you gotta, you gotta. He gotta let it go so he can get back to being who he is that point. That's yeah. So and that's all it is. That's it. But anyway, moving right along, what's up, dumb nation. We gotta talk about this Calf. How you feeling, boss man.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling solid, bro, you know, I keep it's getting It's gotten better each day.
Speaker 1: To them, I got a little small terror that I think ship pretty f some are pretty fast hitler. So it's getting better. It's getting better each day.
Speaker 3: It's crazy because it's the same Calf that I had the problem with from the back then.
Speaker 1: But I knew right away.
Speaker 3: Soon as I walked to the sideline, I told Steve like it's like it's my calf, Like it's my calf, like and then I told Rick in the back, I'm like, I'm very confident that it's my calf and it's not coming from my back door like it feels like a calf injury or like a muscle injury, you know what I'm saying. And so it's, uh, it's not as sore as it was. It's not really sore at all. Like it's just hurt on like certain steps with movement, you know what I'm saying, and stuff like that. But it ain't it's not like it's not really sore in that way.
Speaker 1: So you know, but you gotta be careful facts, you know, to play with. Yeah, that's I had a I was playing in the G League. I was having my best game. Come down pop hop oh made away come down on my calf, tearing my calf. So I said, I'm not coming back. That was it, you know, because every time I kept trying to come back, it was it was never We play on our on our toes, in on the ball of our feet, and so a lot of like our power enforce is all about leverage and jumping, right, So you know, that's that's caph work, Achilles work, you know, good choir work. So you know you have to be careful when them little tears. And people don't understand this, like a little tear is that hurts as you're trying to explode. So we wish you well, man, We want you to get back. I appreciate it. Take your time, take your time. We need you on the court. Also, the Warriors, Uh, they have the Sacramento Kings up next h tonight. Are you surprised how the Kings have responded to Doug Christy leading the charge.
Speaker 3: I'm not very surprised because I felt like Mike Beach just kind of lost to guys. And I think a large part of him losing the guys what's the amount they were practiced and so I think, you know, just a lot of guys kind of start feeling away about that.
Speaker 2: And so you know, they got talent.
Speaker 3: That's the same team that took us to Game seven a couple of years ago, but added to Martin Rosen, like.
Speaker 1: Obviously that should help.
Speaker 3: And so I'm not surprised at all knowing what they're capable of, and I think Doug has probably made those small fixes were practice and you know, more elite minutes. You know, the whole six man thing is cool, but all of a sudden we down. We need to get our best guns on the floor, you know. So I think he's just done some things that yeah, minor tweets, that was right there with him, right there in their face. And but most importantly, you got guys play hard for you, and that is that is the challenge in the NBA as a coach, just to make sure you got guys coming out of playing hard and you when you got guys look like.
Speaker 1: They playing for you, that going a long way.
Speaker 3: So Doug keep it up, and he gonna find himself with a job moving forward, not just an interim coach of the Sacramento Kings, because one thing's for certain, he's put the time man. When it comes to that organization, Doug Christy has put the time in just about probably more than anyone involved, anybody, including the ownership group. So you know, he keep winning and doing what he's doing, he's gonna have him a job moving forward, and it'll be well deserved.
Speaker 1: I like to see that. And what you said about practice, right, Sometimes you can be a good team, but you can practice too much. So when the game come, you start to play like you practice, and you know there's a far in line to walk as a coach and also a fine long hat of stubbornness right when you got a team like that, because sometimes you don't need to practice that much and guys need to just keep getting in shape, keep getting they rhythm, keep getting they flow. But if they have to wake up and think about practice, that's one of the whole iris in practice practice. But you got to understand waking up and thinking about practice, right, you're not thinking about the game. You think about the practice after the game. If you go get a day off, you know, uh, it messes with the team psyche and so unblocking that automatically your bets they're gonna start showing up more then putting your best players on the floor right when that is that's the most obvious thing. And so shout out to Doug. You know, like you said, he's been with the Sacramento Kings from am near since I've been in the league. A tough competitor, smart uh was always versatile, but he's stuck with that organization through through thick and thin. For him to have that opportunity to do that you know, he's a fierce competitor, he's smart, he's knowledgeable, and when you got buy in from you know, DeRozan and Fox. Right, we have Fox on the show. You know, you see it. You see a different kind of swagger about them all. So you know, as long as he allowed that to happen, I think that's that's going to be clutched. But I also want to ask you about, you know, the difference in the coach, right, Mike Brown, excellent guy, great coach, but in time, usually in times like these, you see teams respond, right, two new coaches just talk about being in the league and seeing that you know, also not having that right, having that stability, what that means as well. Yeah, Now for sure, it's crazy because I always tell people like I am I've been very fortunate in my career to be here for thirteen years because I am.
Speaker 2: I am not one that's keen to change, Like I do not like change.
Speaker 3: Ill keep my stuff the same, right, And so to not have to go through that throughout the course of my career where guys you got some guys that got to coach every other year or two, I feel like I would struggle with that a lot.
Speaker 1: You know, even if it's team the team every other year, Like I struggle with that because I just don't adjust to change well.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 3: To have like this is the thing that you do the most, this is the thing in your life that you end up having to put spend so much energy and focus on that to have to make that adjustment every year drive me crazy, right, And so I'm very fortunate that I haven't had to deal with that.
Speaker 2: But when you look around the league, the teams that have the consistency are usually teams that do best. And the bad organizations that switching coaches every.
Speaker 3: Year every other year that the usually don't work, you know, and the proof and the putting this right there in your face. And so you know, if you even look at teams around the NFL that's had success, stillers coach.
Speaker 2: Same for many years. Andy Reid and Kansas City been there for many years. Bill Belichick is with the Patriots.
Speaker 3: For many years. You know, when you look at the coaches that have done well, they've been there for many years. And so as players, we need that consistency, Like you don't want to be adjusted to a different playbook, a different set of coaches, a different philosophy every other year or two. And so I think, you know, when for the guys in Sack is kind of like the happy medium, whereas you got a different coach, But Doug has been there, and if I'm not mistaken, Doug was there even before Mike Brown got there on the coaching staff. That was there prior to Mike Brown getting there, if I'm not mistaken, And so, you know, that is still a level of consistency for them. It's a consistent voice that those guys have heard for years and it's not like it's just some huge change, foreign change. That a voice that they haven't been hearing for many years. And so it makes a huge difference man having that consistency. And like I said, I speak about that from experience. I haven't had to deal with much change. I've changed coaches one time in my thirteen years. Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: And then talk about like those minor adjustments, because in that change, it was a couple adjustments. And now, you know, people give credit to Mike Mark Jackson about the foundation he lay when the coaching change over happened, that's when the Warriors took off. And you know, talk about minor tweaks right, How that how you can fix that Rubik's Q and get all the colors working and the patterns right, you have something special And I think you know, I want you to talk about that as far as coaching because you know, being with current winning championships, you know your loyalty, right and just having that brain trust with that do as well. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: So even if you look at like some of the minor changes that will happened, and we've been speaking about the king, so in there, in there in their space, like I said, starting Malik Monk, getting ke Ellis more minutes, putting more trust in here, giving him more confidence, more consistent minutes that he's getting and right like, that's one of the big changes for them moving month into the start lineup.
Speaker 2: That's one of the big changes for them.
Speaker 1: For us.
Speaker 3: When we switched coaches, we were you know, we had went to the playoff two years in a row, and some of the tweaks that Steve brought in, like Mark Jackson did do a great job of laying the foundation. But just when Steve came in, the offensive changes that he made was everything for us. Like our defense was really really great and they had got that to an incredible place. But the offensive changes that Steve brought in, the ball movement and player movement, and you know, our offense was a lot more stagnant before Steve came in. So I think it's just him making those changes that changed everything because it unlocked a lot of stuff for us. It unlocked the floor for us, and so you know, you have philosophical changes like that, you know, where Steve come in with some some principles of the triangle, but not quite running the triangle, you know, I think, you.
Speaker 2: Know, so that was kind of our changes.
Speaker 3: And then obviously when Steve came and I also became a starter, you know, that was a huge change.
Speaker 1: It unlocked your potential and unlocked my potential, and it also unlock just different things about our offense, like I played drect indeed Lee, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it just unlocks some different things in our offense.
Speaker 1: That really allowed us to take off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, agreed, NFL playoffs. We're talking about NFL playoffs. You bet we are get in on the action of DraftKings Sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Scoring touchdowns is a key to winning in the NFL playoffs and the key tou scoring big is betting on them at DraftKings, the number one place to bet touchdowns. If you're ready to place your first bet, make it really simple. A player scoring a touchdown, go to DraftKings Sportsbooks app, download it, make your pick. Here's another reason to watch your favorite players crush it on the playoffs. If you're a new customer, you bet five bucks. That's it, get two hundred in bonus bets instantly by betting just five bucks, So score big. Draftking sports Book during the playoffs. Download the app. Use the code colin c l I N That will get you two hundred bucks in bonus bet. So if you want two hundred dollars in bonus bets, you got to put in the code colin only on Draftking Sportsbook.
Speaker 1: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 5: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight ope and wy or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut. Help is available for a problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill casino when resorting Kansas twenty one on over agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuins. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: Bulls and Lakers are following the Kings. Honestly, I think we should beat the Bulls. Shout out to my boy loves Obama all back on the court. We got to get him on the show. But I want to talk about the Lakers, specifically Anthony Davis. How tough is this to slow down a player like a d You know, we know he's had an MVP, he wasn't MVP candidate earlier in the season, definitely an All Star. But I want you to just talk about like the Warriors Lakers Draymond Green aighty matchup because that's always the most critical matchup in this series. Yeah, well, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, we gotta beat the boys.
Speaker 3: We've been struggling, right and even the games that we think we're supposed to win, we've been struggling in so we can't overlook anybody. And then also where you're coming off of back to back that's always a tough game. I don't care who are you playing against. And we'll be coming back home on the back to back. I headed back from sack. So you know, we got to take all of that stuff into account now unless you got to go win the game. I don't give it ahead, I give it THEMN what going on or what the circumstances are you got to go in the game.
Speaker 1: And so that will be our focus.
Speaker 3: But look, you know, just even looking ahead passed that one to the Lakers at the end of the week.
Speaker 2: Ad is tough man. Ad one of those guys.
Speaker 3: It's funny because when Ad first came into the league, Ad averaged twenty points with no sets ran for him. And so he's one of those guys that he can just get it within the flow. You don't never even have to feature him. He's still gonna be getting Obviously they feature him quite a ton. And you know a d is you know, he can put the ball on the floor. His post games, you know, got great touch around the rim. It's MIDI shooting three better this year. So Adi is a tough cover man. He's a tough cover. Most guys you're either too slow and he's put you in space, or you're too small and he puts you down on the block. Obviously we know what he's capable of defensively as well. I wish I would be out there for that game.
Speaker 1: You always love.
Speaker 3: Playing against the great s, as you know, man like, just when you get to get to have the opportunity to play against the A D and play against a Bron like those caliber guys to bring the best out of you, because you know you're gonna go out there, you're gonna get embarrassed. And so I'm pissed and miss this one. You know, I had a lot about it.
Speaker 1: I've had a lot of battles with a D and it's always fun. Like I said, it require you to be on top of your game. Did you come in their half step in and sleepwalking? It's gonna be a lone night.
Speaker 3: And with guys like that, you got to do your work early because you let them get off to a great start.
Speaker 2: You're trying to put out a fire for the rest of the night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough. It's tough.
Speaker 3: Speaking of those guys, Bron just said that they don't have much room for error on a nightly basis that the way their roster is constructed, and I know a lot of people it's like, oh, Bron Bron calling out Rob Polinka right there, which I did.
Speaker 2: I didn't take that he is.
Speaker 1: Do you think they need to make a move though, Uh yeah, Uh okay, let me put my basketball hat. If I was a part of the Lakers, Lebron James needs to be the point guard.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Interesting, that's maybe needs to be the person that is highly featured in the offense and roam free. It will release Austin Reeves right playing Lebron at the point at this point in his career, he's a great passer. He made great decisions and you're not tiring them out. So he's really going from free throw line extended to free throw line extended and long rebounds, pushes on the break, things like that. He'll be able to create this Like the Lakers don't get enough fast breakpoints. So the way they roster is constructed, it don't matter who they go get. They are going to struggle, right because they're always looking for the versatile three four. You had Cam Reddish, you had Vanderbilt, you had Christian Woods, you had all you know, you have all these guys, but I think really they all play the same position Lebron play and that's that three four swing. So if you take Lebron out of that three four right and put him at the point, then it'll allow those dudes to have the You'll figure out which one of those dudes out of the ability to step up and fill in that three that four, you know, with ad go to the five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: But I felt like I just helped the Lakers. Yeah, I feel like I just helped the Lakers. And oh my boy, j J Reddick, if you want me on his staff, that's cool, but you know, I'm better just watching on TV and given suggestions a lot of film watching on that staff. Let's go around in the league a little bit. We're gonna move around the association a bit.
Speaker 3: Russ is playing great in Denver, Man He's fifteen and five as a starter. Two of those losses can versus elite teams without Joker. What do you think about Russ's your brewing resurgence this year, and really just what the opportunity has been given, because the reality is he's always played this great when he's had that. I've been in that position with that opportunity. But what do you think about just the way he's bouncing back this year.
Speaker 1: What resiliency when you think of Russ, you're just thinking of resiliency all the way. He will figure it out. Once he figures it out. He once he's able to play Russell Westbrook basketball within the confines of the team. He's always positive. It's always a positive outcome. And so having somebody like Joker is the perfect match for him, right, because he loves audishing and rewarding the big guy. And he's never had a center that place point guard that allows him to do what he's great at. Backdoor cuts, get on the offensive glass, right, all those little things from a point guard perspective, puts so much pressure on the defense, right because like imagine you playing Joker out on the five shot he shooting three. He can just shoot a three just to shoot one. It's rush down there, right. He is a bonafiing rebounder, right, and he's a force and the inside. So when you look at back door layups, pass and cutting, come off of pick and roll, getting in the middle of the LA. Even if Russ is missing, you got Joker there tipping it in. So you know, uh, and plant above plant abot of Glass. So I think that for Russ, perfect fit right for Denver, they found their elevated version of Bruce Brown, right, And that's what and and that's what they missed. I said that. I said, that's what they missed last year. They don't have that dog that can just go and you know, make some make some ship happen. You know, outside the Joker, outside of Jamal Murray, they don't have They don't have that idle person. They don't have that idle person and playmaker. Now you got that with Russ and he connected with Joker Man. They're gonna they're gonna be serious in the playoffs. I know that. Yeah, they are for sure.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody gonna want to see them during the playoffs with.
Speaker 1: The way Ruslayer, I mean, Russe is playing so well that they've had they've had, Like they're bringing Aaron Gordon off the bench, and Aaron Gordon was having a career year.
Speaker 3: Shooting the ball at extreme clip, and they're bringing him off the bench because Russe has played so well and their team has played so well with rustling.
Speaker 2: To start learning them.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, they're back to being versatile, right, They're back to being versatile and that's what they needed. Recently, Jaylen Williams said they need to be a third team all a third all defensive team and two defensive players in the year awards. What is your reaction to two Player of the years? I know when I go to the International Players ball, right, you can't have two players in a year, you know what I mean? You gotta have a playout of.
Speaker 2: The check us out.
Speaker 1: I can't agree with him.
Speaker 2: I'm cool with the thirteam, you know, third AUDI team.
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 3: You got three r NBA teams, why wouldn't you have three all defensive teams.
Speaker 1: I'm cool with that. I'm rocking with that. One percent.
Speaker 2: The second or two dp O WIE Awards are the two MVP Awards.
Speaker 3: No, there's not. So I don't understand that. I get what he was getting at, which.
Speaker 1: Is I understand there should be one for the guards and one for the bigs or one for like there should be a lockdown the war something like that should be yes, lockdown one like.
Speaker 3: I see what he's getting at, and I understand what he's trying to say. Didn't quite come out the right way, and so, which means it's not very accurate like one one is totally fine.
Speaker 1: Uh, but you know you can't have you can't have two player other years.
Speaker 2: Man, you know what he also what he should be?
Speaker 1: I think what the Battlecross should be more of. It's just like it was actually voting, because again, you can't the award can't.
Speaker 3: Go to someone every year and then a week later you can't play in a playoff series like that don't work, So all right, I think the argument has to be voting processor who actually is doing the voting.
Speaker 1: Not quite.
Speaker 3: There's two awards that just can't happen. I get what he getting that, No, sir, that don't work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it should be another defensive award that is of equal value to defensive Player of the Year award, right, because you have offense. You know you got MIP Offensive Player of the Year MVP. MVP is an offensive category. It is not a defensive category. So having something you know of that stature, right, even if it's elevated from Defensive Player of the Year, because usually that goes to big guys, right or shot blockers somebody who left the league in block shots. But that don't mean that they don't get duck down. That don't mean that they don't get you know, I don't know. Defensive player of the Year to me means you lock everybody up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and teams trying to get away from you, you know, like when they went offensively, the things that they're doing to try to take a score.
Speaker 3: Out of the game, they need to be doing the you defensively, try to take you out the game.
Speaker 1: And if they're putting you in action, that's a problem. That's a proble. I mean when you go back and just look at a lot of the previous defensive Player of the Year, like they had to be on the floor absolutely you know, or don't work or it ain't working. Yeah, they were the anchors when you show. When I showed up to Detroit and saw Ben Wallace there with that astro bro when he had the afro shooting up like that, I'm like, all right, I see what he you know, I know, I know what Big Ben. Or you show up to you know, Boston or Memphis and you running into Tony Allen. You know what I'm saying, Like, it's Tony Allen checking you up as soon as you put your feet on the mat. But it's a it's a personality it's an energy, but it's also like those dudes made it hard every single night and they had to be on the floor, absolutely right. You know that's it, man.
Speaker 3: We started a new segment where we're gonna get some flowers to some underrated guys, the guys that deserve to shine that don't quite get the glory for what they're doing. In this week's Player in Spotlight, it's Atlanta Hawks on young fellaw Jalen Johnson in nineteen points, ten rebound, shooting fifty and has been pivotal for the Atlanta Hawks resurgence side team that everybody counted out thought they'd be fire selling Trey and Trey has turned it around.
Speaker 1: I see Trey bin checking this year.
Speaker 3: Trey playing good basketball, trade playing team basketball. He leading them young guys and they having an unexpected year. So this week we got the young fellas Jalen Johnson, and my question to you is is he the most improved player this year? If not, who is.
Speaker 1: I'm rowling. I think he is. He's a perfect compliment to Trey Young when you look at his versatility, you know, nineteen points, ten rebounds, fifty percent shooting from the field, you know, inside on the offensive glass, you know, fast breaks, three pointer highlights. Talking about somebody who made that lead. He took it upon himself to be that guy what John Collins, you know what John Collins was was for Trey Young. He's that in elevator, absolutely right, and he gives them a certain versatility where he can guard almost one through five. With the way that they play and the way he handles the ball, the way he is a playmaker, it opens up a lot for Trade to be off the ball and be more oppotent in the offense. So talking about somebody who has improved a team and also improved him, So Jalen Johnson has put himself right in the category where he's that number two guy in Atlanta. I love it.
Speaker 3: I think he playing great basketball and I definitely think he the most improved player just with the leaf he's taken.
Speaker 2: I can stamp that on for show most definitely.
Speaker 1: Also, I have to say if he don't get it close, you know, you know, going with Storm and Norman, right, uh less is more Norman Powell. What I want to see him make the All Star Game. If he makes this All Star Game, he is definitely most improved player. Talk about somebody you know, having him on the show, just his level of improvement, getting a chance and taking full advantage of that chance. You gotta puint Jalen Johnson and Norman Powell right there.
Speaker 3: Most definitely, I think Norm's having a great year. I hope to see him being All Star.
Speaker 1: Tough.
Speaker 3: It's a numbrous game, but it's always tough, especially to get your first one. But Norman's definitely improved man. Since he first came into the league. He was a non shooter and now that's what he do, you know, and so just to make that jump in himself, it's incredible.
Speaker 2: Uh So, you know, I think.
Speaker 3: I think ultimately he will get a NOD and end up in an All Star Game, whether it's getting a NOD originally or someone gets hurt and he But I definitely think uh dorm and Norman Pole should and will get an All Star nod.
Speaker 1: Most Improved Player. I will go with Jalen Johnson just because.
Speaker 3: You know, Norm just at the level that the young fella's going.
Speaker 1: But also Norm is like taking more advantage of an opportunity, you know what I'm saying. Like we knew coming off the bench, Norm was getting buckets, you know, what I'm saying, Like we knew capable of getting the buckets. I think he's just stepped into more of an opportunity, more of a role, with the opportunity of being there and just taking advantage of it.
Speaker 3: But I'm not sure I can go most improved because Norm been so that's my thing with Norm with that, but he's definitely deserving to be in an All Star for sure.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Let's go bro as far as up. Recently, Scottie Pippin says he wins six rings without Michael Jordan. This is water.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That's when you tell your friends, man, take a shot. What's wrong with Scotty? Man?
Speaker 2: Somebody got checked on to Scotty.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm a I grew up watching them teams. Man, I'm a I'm a big Scotti fan.
Speaker 1: Scotty.
Speaker 3: I don't know what Scotty going through, man, but I send my love because.
Speaker 1: I'm Dad asked man.
Speaker 3: Because you start making comments like Scotty been making later people start to remember you for those comments and not necessarily for being Scotty pipping, and I don't like that, you know what I'm saying, Like people try to downplay who you are and what you've done, but because in the comments you made, lady, and I just don't want to see people doing that to Scotty because Scotty is for damn sure Scotti. And that's why I say, man like, I just want like to make sure Scotty good man because saying stuff like that, like he said him and Michael Jordan they never sat down for dinner. Like to me, it sounds like it's coming from a place of pain, you know what I'm saying that like MJ. He feeling like MJ kind of never maybe showing him the love that he ultimately think MJ should show, and he's like outwardly looking for that and saying things to like downplay it as opposed to just saying like like I feel like he kind of said it like man, man and Michael Jordan they never had set down and sit down and had dinner to one on one, like I feel like he crying out and saying what he's really crying out for and about, and like, make that happen, man Like, Like, somebody get MJ and Scotti together because if he feel like he did that, like it ain't gonna happen, no, Dad, as though, check it out check us about broexus gonna have checks us out.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying. I'm not saying I'm Scottie Pipper. But what I am saying is, if somewhere down the line, twenty years from now, I want to have dinner with Steph Curry, I would hope that I can have dinner with Steph Kurry. You know what I'm saying, Like that with all that you've been through with somebody like you go through these journeys and winning championships them, ship's not easy.
Speaker 1: And yeah, to go on those journeys and.
Speaker 3: Not even be able to sit down and have dinner like I feel like that Scotty's outcry and so.
Speaker 1: But Michael Jordan don't need dinner. Michael Jordan, do eat.
Speaker 2: Dinner, man, the black cat Man.
Speaker 1: I never heard about Michael Jordan's having dinner with nobody. And that's fine, but he also want like it's Mike and Scotti man like, and it don't matter to anybody else. I got Gotti. You need that. I know, no he doing for that, he is crying out for that, but you know, shout out to Michael Jordan's right, of course, Michael and Jordan's don't kid, hey, fly, he ain't tripping at all. Of course you feel me, Hey, Michael Jordan is not tripping. Okay, huh what dinner?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? Are you kidding? I wonder why he didn't go to dinner with Scottie. It's all making sense now when you look at the whole picture. It's all making sense now.
Speaker 1: Though. Man, I'm here to who Michael Jordan was, Like, I am here to who. I do my job. I'm here to do my job. I'm not here to be friends with you. I'm not here to be on this court. Oh man, we family. I love y'all. Until Michael Jordan's defense. Every time he speaks in an interview, he always say Scotty, Michael Jordan. Don't never say Michael Jordan what I say? Scottie pipped. Michael Jordan's always say Scottie Brocott always say okay, I get it. He should Michael Jordan. If you hear me, if you can hear me, now, please bro go sit down with your dog. You know what I mean, y'all, chop it up. We need to see a Michael Jordan. Maybe we can do a Michael Jordan Scottie Pippin interview, right, because right here on Draymond Green the Bad Day, right, Come on, right, Michael, Come on, Michael Jordan. I look, I got my ball head just like my I know, hey, I know how Mike feel because when I cut my hair off. No, I don't want to have been These are ballhead dogs. These are Mike Dude, black cat, Mike j Scotty. Scottie Pippen is. He's a legend, man, but we gotta do it better. I say this, we gotta do a better job of talking about how great Scottie Pippen was, for sure, but he ain't gonna get it doing this dumb ship. No, he got it.
Speaker 2: Chill.
Speaker 1: Let us do the talking, Scott, let us do the Compare Scottie Pippen to different people. Lebron jam Man is Lebron James Chase his ring. I got my bro. You're not gonna say you better to Lebron.
Speaker 2: Come on, Scotty like you.
Speaker 1: That's not the way to get this is what I say. You're better, That's crazy. This is what I do say. Lebron is more of a combination of Magic Johnson and Scottie Pippen and he is compared to Michael Jordan, and that's fine.
Speaker 3: But he's a combination of Scotty and magic, which means Scotty stopped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Scotty, I'm saying better than maybe saying that's the stop.
Speaker 1: That's how Scotty got six rings man. Yeah, for sure. Nobody taking out away. He can pop that.
Speaker 2: No, you can, but like some ship at a certain point, like for instance.
Speaker 3: All right, so so pretty much what you're saying is this, You're pretty much saying I can walk around.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like.
Speaker 3: You don't don't do like I got exactly, don't do it exactly.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. I'm better than take them all. That's not I'm better than klose nobody what you're saying, that's you and Kawhi don't even play the same position.
Speaker 3: I agree, But but like it's not that's like not close stop.
Speaker 1: It is. Yes, I'm saying, Scottie Pippen is a three. Lebron is a mode of Scottie Pippen and means magic. You know, Lebron is a mode Lebron, Right, He's a one on one for sure. But when you look at Lebron's gang, Magic Johnson, Scottie Pippen right, and all of the ism that make Lebron Lebron right. And so Scottie Pippen is looking at it like, man, I'm a three here three. You know, as Scottie Pippen puts himself as he should in the upper echelon of threes.
Speaker 3: Bron ain't never really even been in three. He really like a point guard. He came in as a point guard. But even if you want to say Bron's a three, great, say a three, say a four, I really don't give a damn Brin.
Speaker 2: Scottie Pippen is not in the same category.
Speaker 1: They are not category.
Speaker 2: That's just not the I said.
Speaker 1: I said Scottie Pippen, he as a three, has won six championship. He's standing on his six championships, and he's standing on I killed in the finals, Defensive Player of the Year, All Stars, he's standing on all that. I think, you know, when he compare himself to Broun, that's just having confidence in himself.
Speaker 3: Scott career, Scotty's career minus the rings twice for sure, right, minus the sixth rings He's had.
Speaker 1: Scotty's career twice Scotty messed up, if not three times, he's he's had scot Scott Scotty messed up with this.
Speaker 3: Come on, Scotty, you feel I'm on Scott be side by the way. I got number love for Scotty, But come on, Scotty winning those six rings without and.
Speaker 2: That's if that's the case that left you would have kept winning the ring, Scotty.
Speaker 1: Like he would have went back in the game.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like, come on, Scotty.
Speaker 1: You would have went back in the game, took playing.
Speaker 6: I can't believe you just tried to testify. I didn't trying to justify nothing. I was speaking from his point of view. Yeah, I'm fishing you off today.
Speaker 1: Are very accurate Magic, Scottie pipot right. That is, when you look at Lebron's game, he embodies both of those players roll very very not like m J. No, not even They're not the same, not even close to totally Kobe m J. Lebron Magic and Scottie Pippen as I don't stop that magic again. I'm a Scottie Pippen fan. Scottie Pippen does.
Speaker 3: Not belong in the category with Magic Johnson and Lebron James. I'm sorry, Scotty, is is the legend. I'm sorry, Scotty, is.
Speaker 1: Just that I love that category. Bro, Scottie Pipper going that category with Lebron James and not putting them in the category. Come on, he just like great magic Johnson, the greatness of Scottie Pippen. Mix that all together, you get Lebron James.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's that's that's too simple.
Speaker 3: And I'm not saying like like that was both, but I'm saying like that ain't gonna get it done.
Speaker 1: Everything. Think about it, Bro, and then and then it's it's somebody, and then it's and then it's lebron ism Right, it's his, it's his approach and his swag. I mean, if you think about magic and you think about how Pippin play right like that is the quarnerstone of the greatness of Lebron James. I said, he I moved equally as great right like Scottie Pippen's greatness defense all the things he did. Then you got magic with the ooh and just the magic. Then you add what Lebron got with the hops, the athleticism and strength. That's like, Bro, he the perfect combination of them two and Karl Malone. That's I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: So I had to just move my mind past category and what I had.
Speaker 2: To allow my money to do is combine the two players, and combine in those two players.
Speaker 1: It's like, that's insane. That's insane. That's Lebron James. That's what.
Speaker 3: So I can follow you a little bit. Then you I have Carl Malone and they're like I said a lot, all right, I rest he built like Karl Malone. Lebron James is built like Carmelone.
Speaker 1: He the same. He the same size as Carl Malone, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, no sense, man, that's just crazy.
Speaker 1: I have to garden him. I have to garden Lebron. Yeah, he like garden Carl Malone and Magic Johnson all in the same one to be for Bron to be the same size as Karl Malone for those of y'all that's never seen Carl Malone and the person that man, Man, that's problem.
Speaker 3: And Bron him and Bron actually in the same size, which makes no that's crazy, bro.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, all right, man, get at me. Weekly questions from the fans.
Speaker 3: Baron love Too back, Love to ball. Baron, who would you say as your best teammates of all time? Oh Man, that's uh?
Speaker 1: We go with uh Montelis Stack j Matt Barnes, Uh, Jay rich Al Harrington. Uh Uh. Then you go David Wesley, you go big Cat Jamal mcglure. You think about when I have the next take with mellow Seank j R. Smith Omari like we was type we was tight then too?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And then did you go with Amari?
Speaker 2: Uh to like the place where it's taking the red Wine backs.
Speaker 1: I was on the team thing when they when they shut down that what's up? And then one of my all time favorite teammates I didn't play with him for a long time is z Bo Zach Randolph. Zach Randolph is the funniest cool I've ever met in my entire life. Brooa. We got to get z bow the show, all right, bro I got a Zebra story. He was playing Mike Dunleavy and so before practice, you know it was one of Mike Dunley was one of them coaches like you're going to practice for three hours, he is going to talk and then struck for two hours and thirty minutes, probably two fifteen. So I'm like, man, damn, you know another practice.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: I start going to the bathroom, you know what I mean, like, oh, let me go. Let me go to the bathroom, sitting in the stall and wait till, like, you know, wait till the trainer come. Give me. Right. So I'm in the bathroom. We just trained for Zebo, you know, I'm like doing my little routine like kind of hiding in the bathroom and shit. And then I heard a star open. I'm like, damn, man, that's the training. Anybody to say, all right, come on practice all right? I know, I know, I know Zach been coming. So somebody comes sitting in the storm next to me, right, so it's the other it's the next dog. So I'm like, damn, you know, I'm trying to be quiet. Right, People are like where bed are?
Speaker 2: I hear?
Speaker 1: Man, shit, I got six bitches right now. They ready to go to twenty five hundred apiece. And I'm like, oh shit, what's going on. You're like, man, it's blue I got the blue eyed bitch. So I come on the go, like bro, bro just letting you know me. You're like, oh yeah, you hear me selling my dogs I got, I got these big bulls. I said, bro, you gotta be the realers. Do whatever you dog? Why I said, I thought she was Pip for the year. Dude. The way you were uh, he was loud. Man. We was laughing like.
Speaker 7: Ship durn practice. Now this is like right before practice started. You know, zo cador practice for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Hey, you know so and so like like yeah, ah man. He used to be hoighyhood now you Holly would And we had a uh, we had a yoga instructor and we used to have to do yoga before, you know, before practice with the clippers and the yoga dude. He was like, all right, guys, just you know down, you know down dog. I was like, man, ship, what's all this ship about? I just need to do some of these some of these somebody these I'm ready to play. Hey. He checked out. Hey, he checked out the youngest ship so fast. He was like that. He never came back. He was like, man, I ain't doing that ship. I can't do none of that ship. I just gonna help me play basketball. The younger dudes like, man, you got a stretch. He was like, man, this should he Oh yeah, DeAndre joined, I did dere join. I some Clippers, Craig Smith, I have some young some young dudes. It was man, every teammate in the world he didn't have. Man, I love my teammates. I was like, good report. I had a good report with my teammates. Man. You know, like that was my thing. When I went to a team, I was always trying to like figure out how to make everybody comfortable and give them confidence. How can I connect with you to give you some confidence, to understand your story or struggle whatever it is you're trying to do, broll, I'm trying to help you overcome that when we get on this court, you know what I mean. So that was kind of that was my thing. I respected our leader. Thank you, brother. I follow after you, baby Dymond. That's what they taught me at the Red Leader. Women be b ball, goat. What do y'all think about the unrivaled three on three women's League? Have you checked any of the games out?
Speaker 3: Not really. I saw like a couple I watched maybe like two seconds of it. I got upset. I was watching.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what team it was, but Sabrini and that school was playing and no, I saw her contest on the three and I turned TV all because her contests on the three, it wasn't real. It was just like it was just kind of a little tired.
Speaker 3: And when I saw the contest and it was a little tired, I was just like, yeah.
Speaker 1: This Saint, this ain't it. This ain't the answer. Like, and you know, I have to try. I try to be very careful with my words because the women's players, they get really upset at me.
Speaker 2: They coming for you, they like to be they be coming at me. But I just got to tell the truth because I had a lot of respect.
Speaker 3: For them, for them, them women hoopers. They they are great basketball players. And I understand, you know, the need to not want to go overseas and like I understand all of that, but I'm just not sure three on three league is the answer because it's a different break. It's not the same thing, like for the brand of basketball that we know these women for and what they're great at. Like I'm sorry, but me watching Sabrina and you and es School playing a three on three league, I'm not getting a real Sabrinian eSchool that I just watched whin the WNBA finals.
Speaker 1: She's not playing the same game.
Speaker 3: Like you can take some of these three on three teams from the unrival team and you know they've been practicing now so they'll be better.
Speaker 1: But they could possibly.
Speaker 3: Run up against one of those real three on three teams that this is what they've been doing for fifteen.
Speaker 2: Years and lose.
Speaker 3: And yet if you put them in a five or five game with that same team, they beat them by sixty. But it's just a totally different It's a totally different brand of basketball. And I just don't think you know, when you look at growing the women's game, that a three on three league is about to grow the women's game. You know they're gonna make money, and they you know, their whole thing is we're making more money. The average salary is higher than the MAC salary or something like that in the WNBA. Like, I get all of that, and I want to say, first off, I mean we're backtrack a little bit. Kudos to not FISA and I think Stewart for even getting this off the ground like this, because as any start in any league is impossible, so for them to get it off the ground, I want I want to make sure that I do let them know that I respect that just the business of getting that off the ground is impossible, and they did it, so I respect that. But like I said, I just don't think that a three on three league is the answer. And it's showcasing these women's game like it should be showcased for the growth to continue to be the growth. And so I think the answer is somewhere between, like you got to get more WNBA games, you know what I'm saying, You got to get the season longer, you got to get all of those things.
Speaker 1: But I just don't think.
Speaker 3: The answer to their ultimate problem, like, yes, it's three on three, you know what I'm saying. It's a good fix, right, like to make more money, Like it works, but it's not the final answer. I just don't think.
Speaker 1: So. Yeah, I mean I would. I watched it. I have to agree with you all watching it, I feel like I'm more afraid of because it's like summer runs. It's a competitive summer runs that you know you're pron the engine. Okay, number two, I would like to discover new talent right and be introduced to new talent, right. So I think the superstar is playing right. I don't think that it elevates they're starting right because there's a mistique right about a superstar that you cannot pay me enough to play. Now, I get it, they're making money. This is cool. I like the league. I like the you know, I like seeing the women hope, but in a three on three setting when you're looking at matchups and one on one matchups and you know one the time they take two, like the quarters are hell alone, you know what I mean. But there's no matchups. I want to see a matchup that I can buy into. I want to see a matchup where certain people are going at each other or new talent being discovered going at somebody. So for me, I think I want to keep watching. I'm fully in support of women own Women Invested League. I want to see this league grow into something of its own where it is a discovery of talent, but it also is a place that we want to watch more women's basketball. My only issue is when the superstars are playing in the off season and it's highly competitive, you are more prone to injury, and they don't travel. So if they travel, then you can build the fan base. But I think it's hard to be in one space, one place to watch, the same backdrop, the same setting, and not have the energy of the fans a part of it. Whether it's a big you know, whether it's a big arena or a small arena. I want to see different cities. And if they traveled the game, it would expand the game. So that's just you know, me putting my thinking had on as a part. If they wanted to hire me, that that would be cool too.
Speaker 3: Respect that you played in a Big three, Like what's should like? Do you do you see some comparison to the Big Three in this league?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. The Big Three ain't helped the game of basketball growing. Bit, no disrespect the c I love what they're doing, but it ain't They ain't help to grow at all. Yeah, the intentions of the Big Three is not pure. They are doing a service right to our sport, giving people jobs, giving people outlet, so I always support that. But I don't really think that the Big Three is as tightly organized and structure as a rival. Right. But playing in the Big Three, it's tough because it's half court, people in shape, people not in shape, frustrated, retired. But the cool thing about the Big Three was when I played. I got a chance to play against dudes that I played against, dudes that I was teammates with, that was my homeboys. But I don't think I think half court. So I like the full court versus the half because I always say, like, man, it's just you're watching motherfucker's break all day. Yeah, and Draymond I'm unstoppable and three on three, I just got hurt. He was unstoppable. It was as out there unstoppable, Hey, bro, unstoppable unstoppable. You know my thing was, I was like, well, nobody could guard me when I was in the league. What makes him think that they're gonna be able to guard me?
Speaker 2: I can't move no more, not a club left to right, right to left. That don't work no more.
Speaker 1: Dramn. I post you up, buckets and.
Speaker 2: Guard I can't see you.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, defensive player of the year, you hear that. I will post you up, bro and give buckets song.
Speaker 3: When Kyle Lar retired and been retired for about fire fires, Josha have a post matchup.
Speaker 1: He too. Come on, that's that's the little home.
Speaker 2: Y'all shall have a post matchup.
Speaker 1: We're the big dogs. You gotta think they used to put all big guards threes. You man, you're right in that will house. Just want to see to I'm like a Kim Elijah Wondale.
Speaker 3: I probably would have guarded you.
Speaker 1: Hey, look man, I can't see me. When I was with the Knicks, when he was working out of mari and he was doing the workout. Man, there's an ultimate compliment. Ever, King walking, I'm walking on the court. I started rebounding at the end. King walked off the court. He said, man, he don't know you right here. He could have wow wow. If I'm lying, I'm flying bro jamond.
Speaker 3: Wow hey he oh oh hey, listen up and unders listen though he gashed to relax.
Speaker 1: No way, gosh. I want the fans to pull up baron, make a baron Davis post highlight so you can watch it. And then you tell me, oh, I can guard him in the post. I used to. I mean no offense. You are the defensive player of the year. I am guarded. I used to watch David so I remember you posting up but funk out. He was too little.
Speaker 2: Crazy jump, get.
Speaker 1: None of that. All them you know, all them fouls you be doing and once he ain't got you ain't strong enough. To take me down, and was I know? Oh and on this is ridiculous, man, you I'm trying now next year, I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: Well see, I'll provide the clips right here on the show.
Speaker 1: I try out embarrassed.
Speaker 2: I hope y'all enjoyed this episode.
Speaker 3: B D.
Speaker 2: I gotta get out of here.
Speaker 1: B D. Is he trying to? This is ridiculous. I can't help myself out. It's been a long night. We love y'all.
Speaker 3: We appreciate y'all until next time. That's a rap from the Draymond Green Show. What's the the main Man?
Speaker 1: B D?
Speaker 3: Baron Davis, the man himself, the man to miss the legend.
Speaker 1: That's a wrap, y'all. Out the volume.