Speaker 1: Has calmed down, Rema and Selena Gomez on this Monday morning. You know, you really realize, and you know we play a part in this in our sister stations as well. You really realize when the weather is happening or these natural disasters, when Mother Nature is upset, that you rely on your local radio stations, your local TV stations, and KTLA is kt LA. I mean, this is what KTLA does, NonStop coverage of things that are happening in southern California. Mark Chrisky, whom I have known, Mark, how long have we known each other? Would you think.
Speaker 2: Twenty years at least? I think.
Speaker 1: Remember we used to go out and hang with Foxy. We'd have some yes when we see Chrisky had to work early, as he has done for thirty plus years, and we would go to dinner at four o'clock.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that fun. We'd be going to dinner when the early Bird specials are coming out. We'd be walking in. That's exactly that day up late. One time you invited me and my wife to Chris Isaac's concert.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was great, Yes, I remember, well, listen, I congratulate you on just all of the many wonderful years there at KTLA and the service you provide. Because when we're in a situation like this, what were the words you've been using to describe the uniqueness of the earthquake and the storm.
Speaker 2: I mean, put it this way. First of all, let's even go back to our blizzard warnings of the winter. If you had blizzard warnings, tropical storm and earthquake on your bingo car, you should just go out and buy a lot of tickets right now, because that was amazing. I was standing in the in the living room and it was coming down. I was I was actually staring out the window in an amazement of just how heavy it was. And all of a sudden, my wife goes, the house is moving. I said, no, it's not, it's just an optical And all of a sudden I said that, no, the house is moving. Wow. Incredibly incredible. And we always still laugh and say that when it gets really hot and dry, we go, oh, this is earthquake weather. No, it was rainy, and it was it was warm.
Speaker 1: It's amazing to see what we're doing here. So specific questions, Mark, this is your expertise, Mark Chrisky from KTLA. Is this the new normal. Are we going to have a tropical storm season this time of year going forward?
Speaker 2: It's I mean, you can't deny global warming and things are changing. Is it the new normal? I don't know. Maybe we'll see some more larger storms heading up. But just as you know, people, I think it was two years ago Florida had quite a bit of a hurricanes. They had a heavy, heavy season, and then the last year it was, oh, it's going to be bad, It's gonna be bad, and it wasn't really bad last year. Now off of Florida, they got three good sized storms shaving up off the coast, and any and either one of them could turn into a hurricane. So it's hard to tell, but yes, I would say, yes, we will see more storms. Will we had a winter like we've never experienced here in cal We will see more weather period. Yes.
Speaker 1: So we've got all right, we've got the tropical storm that's just come through, the earthquake that just hited a five point one. Now what do we need to prepare for just to layer this even more complicatedly with Elmino?
Speaker 2: That could be interesting. I mean a lot of areas it's so hard to tell way in advance, in the future like that. But a lot of areas, such as Palm Springs, they got a total in the twenty four to forty eight hours of rain that they go, they normally get in a whole year, So you kind of put that into perspective. Anything they get in and above now, which they will of course come December, will be above what they normally get in a year. In a year we just got in a day. Yeah, El Nino could be another wet one. But then sometimes when they predicted, originally they were predicting for this last winter to be quite a dry one, and that turned out wrong. So it's really we've got the tools to predict things within a twenty four or forty eight hour period, but boy, trying to predict three or four or six months out, that's still not an exact sign.
Speaker 1: Well, Christy, this definitely is job security over there with all this weather, right. I mean you have to tune in every morning, every every fifteen or seven minutes to find out what's happening.
Speaker 2: Exactly. It used to be. I could tell you right now. It used to be morning nothing clear, wait to c yeah the clearest guys. Uh, they're making you work downtown eighties. Yeah, but now they're making me work. I have to pay attention. At this point in my career, I was ready to ride it out.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you coming on with us, appreciate you being off everybody every morning. It's great to chat with your puth. Say hi to the game.
Speaker 2: Great. Yeah, I will do a great catch up with you too, Ryan, take.
Speaker 1: Care all right, Mark, bye bye?
Speaker 2: Yeah, knowing him a long time.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm watching video this morning of the cars spinning out. Yeah, that was my gosh. I've seen it on a loop now six times, and I still get chills every time I wait. Suburban starts to spin out in the freeway. I don't know who is in it, but you're going too fast. And they pieced them all together from all different it's like camera from different freeways. It's just like and I've seen it now a lot this morning. It still freaks me out. I was watching that while I was talking to Mark. All right, coming up next, I got five seconds of summer tickets for you.