Speaker 1: You found it at the home of the Second Date Update.
Speaker 2: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning and thanks for being here on the weekend with us in our home.
Speaker 1: And I know we have a.
Speaker 2: Lot of new listeners from all over the world since we've been in the you know, top ten charts of podcasts.
Speaker 1: Yes, also, which is awesome. And if you don't know, we actually are a full radio show.
Speaker 2: I know rio and we are talking on it and we do a brand new full hour episode every day on our main feed, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. And we just thought, you know, y'all seem to like relationship drama. We're kind of experts on it, and we do a lot of other segments, including this one awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 1: Yes, love it.
Speaker 2: Yes, seriously, it's not necessarily always a romantic relationship with these.
Speaker 3: It always awkward, ye and tricky.
Speaker 1: So sit back and enjoy your awkward Tuesday phone call on Sunday. Totally. It starts right now.
Speaker 3: It's the number one most important piece of advice that you can give to a newly engaged couple. Well, what's that use it if you need to keep a secret from your spouse. Whatever you do don't hide the evidence here what jeff number one most important piece of.
Speaker 1: Advice see advice is don't keep secret.
Speaker 3: No, apparently somebody didn't get the memo and they chose the bad forbidden hiding spots in their home. And now there's significant others on the phone desperate for answers to what she discovered. Okay, honestly doesn't look great for him. You're gonna hear it in your brain. New awkward Tuesday phone call right after this. It's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. Welcome back to brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Let's take a quick look at the scoreboard. In the last three years, we've had twenty engaged couples come on our show, and Brooke has miraculously stopped seventeen of those from going through with it because of her advice. Wait, what, that's a new rerecord. We are very excited to have another bride to be with us on the phone today, will Brooks successfully implode her budding relationships?
Speaker 1: This my RBI or what.
Speaker 3: Let's find out? Donna, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hi, thanks for taking my call day, Donna.
Speaker 2: I swear I don't even know what the issue is yet, but I engaged.
Speaker 3: You still are hopefully yours are pre packed to move out as soon as this conversation is over. But first tell us about your awesome relationship. How can we ruin that for you?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 4: So I got engaged about a month ago.
Speaker 1: Okayngratulations?
Speaker 3: What's his names?
Speaker 4: His name is Neil? Okay, So I actually met him last year, so it was kind of a quick engagement. We're both like mid to late thirties. Like I've always wanted to get married, Like it's always been a goal.
Speaker 3: A lot of what you said there made Alexis grimace. Late thirties getting married.
Speaker 2: I started an engagement, so I mean it's finally happening for you.
Speaker 4: So that's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the person that you love.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But okay, So after our engagement, I moved into his place. But I came across something just I don't know, weird the other day.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, what was it?
Speaker 4: So it was crammed in like a computer dusk for so obviously it's something he probably meant to hide, or it seems like it.
Speaker 1: Can I can I ask before you tell us what it is? Were you looking for something or you just.
Speaker 4: Came No, I was just kind of like cleaning out some drawers, like I was trying to organize a little bit. Okay, So I found a piece of paper, and.
Speaker 3: Which is already sus because who still uses paper nowadays?
Speaker 2: Already that another from alexis yeah, like.
Speaker 4: The whole desk and laughter of the situation.
Speaker 3: That I'm assuming there was something something else about the paper that got you worried.
Speaker 4: Okay. Yeah. On the piece of paper there is a list of girls names on it, okay, And next to each name there's check marks, and there's dollar amounts maybe dollar amounts.
Speaker 1: Is it like five dollars? Like five hundred? Like does it have a mounts on it? Is a lot of money?
Speaker 3: Tell us more?
Speaker 4: Yes, like not five hundred, but in the hundreds.
Speaker 1: Okay, not a lemonade stand. That's what I was kind of hoping. Why is it just some work thing?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Why is everyone assuming it's something weird and odd?
Speaker 3: Well? Do what I owe you money?
Speaker 5: Brooke?
Speaker 3: If I pay you back for lunch, I don't write it down somewhere like I just give you back to fifty.
Speaker 1: You're not an organized person, that's true.
Speaker 3: Well, I need to know have you brought this up to your fiance yet or is this going to be the first time.
Speaker 4: Yes, So I did some digging, and we share a bank account right now. So recently on the paper he had added two hundred and fifty dollars to this girl named Melissa, who I know, like, I know her pretty well, like I know the girls on the list, know the.
Speaker 1: People on the list?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know if you like. Some of them are single, some of them are married.
Speaker 2: Oh no, does that feel even more in Yeah, it makes me feel kind of gross though.
Speaker 3: Why paying married people to do stuff? They're usually desperate enough to give it away for free. You don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: I think my husband does take the payments.
Speaker 3: There's always one money sack you want group.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding, We're kidding, We're kidding, We're kidding.
Speaker 2: I mean he's giving, he's it's some sort of accounting sheet with people and friends of his.
Speaker 1: So what else did you find? Did you find anything sketchy about it?
Speaker 3: Well, I asked, did you bring it up to him or is this totally what?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So when I saw that he had taken to interviewed from the bank account and send it to the scirl Melissa, I said to him, Hey, just curious, why are you paying Melissa to fifty last week?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Instantly, to me, he looked super nervous. He kind of looked like he got caught.
Speaker 2: But he's paying out of a joint account, Like is he that bad at like prime?
Speaker 3: I mean, he didn't.
Speaker 4: Realize it's a new account, so I don't even know that he was like seeking about that, but he does seemed super super nervous. And then he was like, I got to leave the room for a second room.
Speaker 3: What did I say when he eventually I mean, you must have seen him since he left the room.
Speaker 2: Why did he have to leave the room?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: And then when he came back, he was like, oh, it's a fantasy football thing with her. So I just didn't even bring up the other women or the other dollar amounts because I was just like, all right, some things is not adding up, like and getting married to him. There can't be any secrets, especially like financial.
Speaker 3: Weirdly, Okay, so you brought up the amount of money paid to one of your friends, but you didn't tell him about the list that you found.
Speaker 4: Yes, I just confronted him about the amount that I saw takeout of the bank account recently.
Speaker 3: Okay, he doesn't know.
Speaker 2: That you have that shared because like I was totally like, oh, it's innocent, you're assuming things until his reaction.
Speaker 1: Like his reaction, and like why would he have to leave the room to gather himself to tell you about a fantasy Melissa, the.
Speaker 3: Secret fantasy football league that nobody's allowed to know about.
Speaker 1: You were the sketchiest one here.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we're running out of time on this segment here, So you want to call your I'm assuming your fiance coming up here, and what advice are you looking for from us?
Speaker 4: I just need to know how to approach this situation or like what to expect.
Speaker 2: I'm just nervous or even to see if he's lying or not.
Speaker 4: I mean I think he was lying about the fantasy football thing. Like I mean, I'm just kind of freaking out. I was just to marry this guy, Like, I don't think he's playing the truth.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're going to come back and we're going to have some advice for you. Let you make this call to your fiance and find out if he committed the most atrocious of acts lying about fantasy football.
Speaker 1: Meantime, go take two fifty out of his account for yourself.
Speaker 5: It's also her.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, she's taken from herself anyway, I'll want some advice when we do your offer Tuesday phone call right after this hold on. It's awkward. It's it's awkward Tuesday phone call. If you're just joining us. We've got some miss story fiance drama going on this morning with one of our listeners, Donna, who just moved in with her new fiance Neil after they got engaged. She was recently cleaning out a computer desk drawer at his place when she found a folded up piece of paper filled with women's names and next to their names different payments, which I know is all very normal and that stuff happens all the time for newly engaged guys. But Donna decided to confront him about one of the payments, and he immediately acted nervous, kind of weird, left the room and came back blaming it all on a fantasy football misunderstanding, and Alexis.
Speaker 2: Is like, he obviously left the room detects the woman he probably gave football.
Speaker 1: Excuse you guys, believe everything I say. I thought that was really sorry.
Speaker 3: Donna is not buying any of that she hasn't even told them about the big list of names that she found, but she might have to coming up here depending on the advice that we have. Donna, are you ready to hear what jose and Brook give you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: First, I gotta charge you a hundred bucks.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Something. She's shuffling around through more drawers right now, Donna, you're looking to find more pieces of paper.
Speaker 4: Okay, she finds like three scrolls.
Speaker 3: Okay, Brooke, what advice do you have for Donnie?
Speaker 2: I just think this sucks right now. I mean, he was obviously shady the first time you confronted him.
Speaker 1: He probably will be again in the end.
Speaker 2: I think you just need to say, listen, I'm trying to build a life with you, and that foundation starts with trust, and if you're not going to be in that, I don't know, Like.
Speaker 1: How do you have a marriage? Little threat? I mean, how do you start a marriage without trust? Without honesty? You can't.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's just like Brooke breaks you up again. But this one is a little bit sadder. Donn Are you willing to go that far?
Speaker 4: I pretty much agree, Like I can't start a relationship with lies or feeling like something is not truthful.
Speaker 3: Plus, men love being told that they can't be trusted and you don't feel like you're being honest with them. We love hearing that from the girl.
Speaker 2: But you think that guy to be honest about fantasy football, about the list of women that he's playing.
Speaker 3: With, Brooke, I don't know the answers to everything, but one person who does is Hose. So's your advice. We can they just give him the benefit of the doubt real quick. Okay, don't go into it hot like this.
Speaker 4: Look it looks bad.
Speaker 3: He's paying multiple women to do stuff to him, get it.
Speaker 1: Don't say that.
Speaker 3: But no matter how bad it looks, you gotta keep an open mind. He could be embarrassed to tell you for another reason, like you don't know.
Speaker 1: Just let him say it.
Speaker 4: That's fair. You're right, Like I do need to keep an open mind, Like I don't want to just attack him or like make him think that I'm just constantly snooping on him and whatever looking for something bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but if he turns it around and says, why were you even looking and tries to blame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, we have some good advice for you. You can take a little bit of what you want. But we're gonna dial your fiance Neil here and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call. You ready, Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think so?
Speaker 1: All right, you got this. You got this.
Speaker 3: Every guy deserves to twenty mistakes before he dials number, right now, Yeah, hold on stright again.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hey, it's me.
Speaker 5: Oh Hey, what's up babe?
Speaker 4: Not much?
Speaker 5: Everything all right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean everything's okay.
Speaker 5: Is that didn't recognize the number? Just making sure you're you're safe?
Speaker 4: And yeah, sorry, I just yeah, my phone died, so I was just calling from somewhere else. I have a question. Are you doing drugs? Just tell me?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm what am I? What are you talking about? Am I? Am I doing drugs? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are you doing drugs?
Speaker 5: I mean none that you are already a weara no.
Speaker 4: God, okay? Are you paying for adult experiences? No?
Speaker 5: Come on, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Don't laugh. I'm being This is serious. Please don't laugh at me. This is serious.
Speaker 5: Like I'm I have no, I'm not, I'm not. I mean, I thought you were joking. I don't know what you're talking about, honey.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, I know there's something going on. I know you're paying money. There's something you're not telling me.
Speaker 5: Does this have to do with the other day with the two hundred and fifty dollars to Melissa?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I know about the others.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: What are you found? I found a folded up piece of paper in your desk and it had women's names, it had dollar amounts next to them, and you're acting weird about it, Like, do not say fantasy football again, because I know that's a straight up lie.
Speaker 5: Okay, God, I really didn't want to talk to you about this.
Speaker 4: Uh okay, Well we have to. We're getting married. You know, I'm going to build this marriage on trust. I cannot be in a relationship built on like a lie.
Speaker 5: Couldn't we just talk about it after we get married?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, there's not going to be a marriage if you don't tell me what the hell is going on? No secret, Like, you're not making yourself look good right now.
Speaker 5: I can tell you, but it sounds worse than it is.
Speaker 4: Oh Oh my god, please, I'm can you just tell me. I'm ready to please he just.
Speaker 5: Like, Okay, So you know where we're not super young. We're our thirties or late thirties and a couple of years ago, I made it a life priority to find somebody that I could spend the rest of my life with.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, so.
Speaker 5: I read this thing that if you put up bounty out with your friends and co workers, they'd be more motivated to find a match for you.
Speaker 4: What what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: What works? More than once? Over the last few years, I've been set up on successful dates and I paid the person who finds them for me.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's desperate.
Speaker 5: It's not desperate, it's not it's normal normal ish.
Speaker 4: That's not normal, Like what the hell?
Speaker 5: Like? Wait, but I'm not cheating on you or anything like in this good news. I mean, this is how I found you paid the most money to Melissa, who set us up. Okay, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Money?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Heyabe, Okay, who are all these people? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sorry to interrupt your riveting conversation with your fiance. You're on the radio right now.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I think it's sweet what you did. My friends said each other for free. I'd love to get paid, and it shows that you were serious.
Speaker 3: We're here because Donna needed a little bit of help after she found that piece of paper with all the women's names on it and all the different dollar amounts. She thought something really shady was going on.
Speaker 2: Honestly, you could tell by her first question that she jumped to worst case scenario.
Speaker 3: You're claiming that it's a way to have friends set you up with women, Donna, How are you feeling and hearing all that?
Speaker 4: I almost don't know how to feel. It's so not anything I was expecting.
Speaker 1: Do you believe them?
Speaker 4: Right? I mean, it's it's so specific that like I feel like I do, but it's also just kind of strange.
Speaker 3: I heard you use the word desperate, I think when you were talking to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's worth it. I paid her one and fifty dollars to find you, and it worked. I thought this would be a funny story I could tell you.
Speaker 3: Look later, I had to pay somebody else to get you.
Speaker 2: People pay for matchmaking services all the time, and nobody judges them.
Speaker 1: His friends will accept the money though, Yeah, I mean maybe.
Speaker 2: It was like, you know, it'll take the money right unless you meet the one.
Speaker 3: It's a successful match? Is that how it works?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: Once you say I do?
Speaker 5: I mean, look, there's different tiers if it's not a great day, and I like cookies.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought.
Speaker 1: I don't understand, Donna. Aren't you like I would be flattered?
Speaker 4: I mean, okay, on money hand, I'm kind of flattered. But on the other hand, I'm like, too fifty. That's all I'm worst to you.
Speaker 3: Hey, it'll be when you're a grandma one day you're telling your grand kids, like you, Grandpa bought me for two You think they paid more.
Speaker 5: I mean, you weren't supposed to know about the price. The price is beside the point. It's just thank you.
Speaker 2: It's kind of fantasy football dating though I played fantasy so I actually don't know.
Speaker 3: All right, So it sounds like there isn't really a whole lot as shady as we thought going on with this list of women. It's just a matchmaking service.
Speaker 1: It's not cheating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with his good friends because they know you best right, and it works.
Speaker 1: That's the amazing thing. You two are getting married.
Speaker 3: Are you still, Donna? This doesn't change anything in your mind, does it?
Speaker 4: I mean no, not at the moment. Now. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Brook soiled again, couldn't ruin this.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning