Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's the final hour and it's a meet Friday. Everybody's fired up, so are the Rectech grills. Fritzy's here, Dylan doing double duty. Also our chef today, Marvin and Pauli in the front row, yours truly in the back room, guys. We have Porterhouse Steaks, we have Tomahawk, Ribbi's, we have Tableside, Caesar's Salad, Oh grotten potatoes.
Speaker 3: Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 2: Nobody Steaks provided by Heartland Steak Co. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of this program. We say good morning those watching on Peacock or the NBC Sports Network, and our radio affiliates around the country overing ovary ovaries, Huh.
Speaker 3: What What's on my mind?
Speaker 2: Over four hundred radio affiliates around the country eight seven to seven three. DP show email address s Dpadanpatrick dot Com, Twitter handle at DP show pull question for the final hour of this Friday program.
Speaker 4: Dylan, Yeah, Dan, Well, I just threw up one and then we've got one more that I think we can kind of chop up. But I put up Todds, which would you like most like to make people do laugh, cheer, sing and dance, or make people smarter. There's only four possible slots. Seventy four percent say make people laugh, okay. And then we were talking about the Bulls, so I was kind of thinking, is there any team in history, in any sport that rivals the Bulls fame? I don't know what the word you'd use, fame.
Speaker 3: I guess fandom.
Speaker 2: Fandom, Yeah, because you had fans in other arenas that when they wanted to see the Bulls be great. And I don't remember any other team except for the Harlem Globetrotters where everywhere they went they were being rooted for the greatest two words in sports. Game seven Wemby and the Spurs SGA in the thunder one game to go to the NBA Finals winner go home. That'll be tomorrow. It's seven thirty Eastern on NBC and Peacock. Oh look who is back? My goal is not to get him in trouble this time around. He's Austin Rivers, NBC sports analyst.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, man, the storm you brew up last time I was here? My goodness, Wait, what's that about? What was that storm.
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 6: I remember I went from peace to war very quickly. All as cooled, all is cooled off.
Speaker 2: Okay, is it just a coincidence that when the Spurs play well or Wenby plays well, the Spurs win. When Sga plays well, the Thunder win.
Speaker 7: Now the two best players of the team, they are the head of the snake. I thought, Wendy just did a fantastic job last night just being aggressive. I know some of his first few shots were like deep threes, but it was the non hesitation in his game that I liked. How sure he was, he came out, he's let it fly. They were great, they were physical. If the Spurs play like that, it could be an interesting game set.
Speaker 2: And there's that I don't know who you played against, where there's they're omnipresent, like you know they're there, and they make you think consciously or subconsciously, they may get a piece of this shot.
Speaker 3: Was there somebody that you have?
Speaker 6: I think I.
Speaker 7: Think you have to give Gobert credit for that, you know, I mean, I think that's actually one of the things he did do well, or many things he did well defensively, But when he was.
Speaker 6: At like his prime, Rudy was a.
Speaker 7: Guy that, whether he was blocking the shot or not, when you drove to the basket, you had to at least see where he was at, and he altered shots that way. He has he had a you know, an impact on the defensive side. So not to this level, we've never seen it. Obviously, what Wenby does is just like, I mean, the Alien is the best nickname I think fitting for this dude.
Speaker 6: But yeah, Rudy had a little bit of that for sure.
Speaker 2: Was there a market correction last night with SGA that he only shoots three free throws?
Speaker 7: No, because I've seen you know, I understand why people feel this way, and I get it that when he falls after every jump shot, it's it can be you know, hard to watch and other things. But I've called games this year where I've seen this guy make like fifteen to twenty field goals in a game.
Speaker 6: He's unbelievable as a basketball player.
Speaker 7: So I thought they did a great job defending and just coming out of the game with physicality, and they took the win out of Okay see okay, se hung around for most of the game until that third quarter and they just you know, they blew it.
Speaker 6: Wide open.
Speaker 7: And I think you heard it after the game with Shay's interview, He's like, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 6: I think these guys were already.
Speaker 7: I don't want to say they're planning for Game seven, but I think they went into that game last night, they put up a fight, and as soon as it turned they're like, let's go get it at home. This has been a tick for tech series. These two teams mirror each other. They do a lot of the same things. Actually, in every regard they're the same team.
Speaker 6: So this is the I mean, this has been the best series all playoffs.
Speaker 7: And you know, I do feel if OKAC wins, they have a stronger chance of winning the championship, whereas I feel like a San Antonio wins, the Knicks could be a thorn in their side in certain regards.
Speaker 6: And yeah, it's interesting how this will playoff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I keep saying, I hope the officials let certain moments play on and not call. There's certain moments where you just say, Okay, you know, let's go. And I see this more in the w NBA than I do the NBA. It feels like they do stop. You know, they're gonna give the benefit of the doubt and if I'm SGA, I go searching for fouls.
Speaker 3: I don't stop. I don't want to apologize for winning.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think we'll probably see him more aggressive in game seven.
Speaker 3: You're at home.
Speaker 2: I would be surprised if he doesn't shoot more than ten free throws on Saturday.
Speaker 7: I yeah, the aggression will definitely be up. And in game seven, you go for it. You know, they did a great job of surrounding him. You got a corral, SGA. You can't let him operate in space. He has to continue to make the right play and they're okay with that. You have to be willing with Dort and Crusoe threes. I know Crusoe's playing out of his mind right now. We got to live with that, though, you know what I mean. Like Crusoe and Dort hit five threes each, four threes. You know, hey, listen, shake their hand, and we gave it our best. But like giving him, like you said, room to operate in him getting fourteen fifteen free throws, You're not gonna win that way. There's a proof history of when he plays that well and plays at that level and gets that many free throws, they win just about damn near every time, so that he has to continue to play in crowded space. Antonio did a fantastic job last night of doing that and just being physical with them, throwing different bodies at him. They had Carter Bryan on them, They had a cell on him at one point, obviously the main guy's castle. You just continue just to just throw fresh bodies at him, be physical.
Speaker 6: Hopefully he could wear down a little bit.
Speaker 7: We'll see though, you know how his game seven anything happened, Anything can happen.
Speaker 2: Talking to Austin Rivers, NBC Sports analysts, when your dad was coaching the Celtics, did you ever play pickup games with those guys?
Speaker 7: Sometimes it was more so like one on ones, Like I would play ones with guys before. This is when I got a little bit older, because at that time I was like probably like ninth grade, you know, eighth ninth grade when he was like a you know, towards the prime years of Boston. So I could play a little bit. At that point. It was only a few years away from like, you know, really being able to play. So those were good memories. I got some ones in some of those guys, for sure.
Speaker 2: Anybody as intense as Kevin Garnett in your life.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, that's like peak intense.
Speaker 7: Don't think there's anybody I've ever played against their scene in an NBA game be more intense, uh than Kevin Garnett.
Speaker 6: Uh so that he used to.
Speaker 7: Always scare me, you know, just when I was young, and then obviously when I became more of a fan of basketball, like I I was obsessed with.
Speaker 6: His, like just his aura, his his uh.
Speaker 7: His tenacious you know energy and what he brought to that Celtics team then eight Celtics team again, you could you know, Paul Pierce was the guy, but KG was the spirit of that team.
Speaker 6: And yeah, playing against him one on one was crazy. You know that story.
Speaker 2: Do you do you believe in analytics?
Speaker 9: I do?
Speaker 6: I do?
Speaker 8: I do?
Speaker 6: I don't don't, I don't.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 7: There's a difference between believing in him and living by them. You know, I I I believe in analytics. I'm not gonna full full fledged pledge to the point to where that only matters. There are things that numbers don't show. There is an eye test, there's a feel.
Speaker 6: Uh. You could watch a player and see if he has feel for the game.
Speaker 7: There are things that analytics just don't show, so you can't live and die by them, but they have to be a part of your process, especially just with the way the game has changed and how shooting has been implicated in just team success.
Speaker 6: So yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it feels like these two teams that are playing in the Western Conference finals aren't three point shooting teams.
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 2: Correct, And I wonder we most leagues are copycat leagues. When you see a team win a championship, you're like, oh, maybe we can be the greatest show on turf, like the Saint Louis Rams, where we'll change our offense here. I don't know if this changes in approach if you know either one of these teams when the title, I mean it helps having SGA and Wemby, but still their philosophy is not married to the three point shot.
Speaker 6: It's not.
Speaker 7: It's contradicted everything the game has continued to press, right.
Speaker 6: I would say it's hard to copycat.
Speaker 7: You kind of nail on the head, Dan, It's hard to copycat a team that has at SGA, who's you know, a generational scorer. And then obviously with Wemby, is you definitely can't replicate that, right. Both these teams have hung their hat on being deep and having guys that could play two way basketball. All these teams have guys that can play both sides of the ball. Darren Fox is not a bad defender. He can play on both sides of the ball. Dylan Harper can play on both sides of the ball. We know what Castle can do on both sides of the ball. We know Wemby can do. Carter Bryant comes in and is mainly a defender. All these guys the Sail, all these dudes can play both sides of the basketball. When you go to the World the Thunder, it's the same thing. They have eight or nine guys who are two way players. We got so caught up in a rush of guys who could just shoot that like teams just went and Fountain guys that can just shoot, you know what I mean? And the three and D term is thrown around loosely. There's a lot of guys who are attached three and D and aren't even great defenders. The Thunder genuinely and San Antonio have two way players.
Speaker 8: Guys.
Speaker 7: They're just guys that can ball. So I think, to your point, yeah, you might see teams not be so like, you know, harping on whether a guy can shoot forty from three, if he's got talent, if he can play, if he can compete. Does he know how to play? Does he know how to move it out the ball? That's another thing. All all these teams are unselfish. He's how the ball pops around the premier both teams. Obviously, Shae's the scorer, so he's gonna shoot a lot of shots, but that ball flies around when it's not in his hands, and it's the same thing with San Antonio, you know. So I think that is what we're gonna see being more of a copycat. People talked about the purity of basketball being lost. I do think we're going back to an era of the ball moving around more instead of like the Lucas, you know, the the Trey Youngs.
Speaker 6: All these guys are remarkable players, right, But that style of play where you're dribbling like the air of the ball.
Speaker 7: You just don't with the exception of Shay, the ball really pops and you're seeing that with a lot of these teams.
Speaker 6: Indiana was kind of a.
Speaker 7: Secret to that last year when they popped up so multiple guys with the ball on the floor, multiple guys that could defend.
Speaker 2: If I said you had to get a two and I'm gonna you pick, and the guys still left. If I give you a brunch in an SGA, you need it too, game on the line, you needed.
Speaker 6: To man, that's so tough. Man.
Speaker 7: Brunson's so damn good down the stretch man, It's like it's impossible to like not pick him just because what we've seen.
Speaker 11: And yet I still I have to go with the guy who's I gotta go to the MVP man For a multitude of reasons. It's close. First off, there's no wrong answer because Brunston is probably my favorite player in the NBA just his foot work.
Speaker 7: But Shay's taller can always get a shot off no matter what not that you see brunsdon get a shot blocked at any time, but shaken at least get a shot off whenever. And I know with the foul baiting stuff, at the very worst, I'm getting maybe two free throws with the guy.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Like he's to get a clean look or he's getting to the line.
Speaker 7: So that's that's where I would have to probably just go Shay. I think they're one and two in the NBA in terms of clutch?
Speaker 3: Are you and Draymond? Okay?
Speaker 6: Now, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 7: You know what, man, me and him have always had like a little you know whatever. When we played, we'd always talk a lot versus each other for whatever reason.
Speaker 6: We'd extra then like somebody else.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 7: And that no surprise carried over to to the events following your show. And Dan, I don't wish any negativity upon him. I wish him all the best in his life. I stand by everything I said. I don't take anything back.
Speaker 2: But you were being an analyst. He was being personal.
Speaker 3: That's correct.
Speaker 6: That's how he responds.
Speaker 7: You know, like when we talk basketball, I'll talk about black and white, he'll go personal. It's like when said, you know, how are you guys gonna uh, you know, you guys are getting older? How are you guys going to defeat father time? You know what's the plan? Well, the plan is not to look like you know Houston Jert It wasn't. He never responded to the question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he went.
Speaker 6: Personal with chu. You know, say, that's what he does. He goes personal, so well, I woke up the next.
Speaker 7: Day or two days later and had a full on three minute video about myself, just dissecting my career. I was just like, you know what, and I I responded with my video and that did what it did.
Speaker 6: But you know, I still kept it. I still kept it light.
Speaker 7: I could have went, I could have went, you know what I mean, Like, that's that I don't like to be messy, and that's that who I am. I have respect for Draymond despite whatever we feel about each other.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I still out when I said, ain't nothing changed.
Speaker 3: Well, you can be all defense, but he's all defensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean my main point was like, I've never heard Dennis Robin be like you know, Phil, I wish I was more of a focal point in the offense.
Speaker 6: You know he was.
Speaker 7: Dennis Robbin is a Hall of Famer for what he did in his role. He was a superstar in his role. Don't get that confused with being the super star. There's a difference, right, That's common sense. That's all I was alluding to. When he said the Steve Kerr comments, he obviously got in his feels and went personal instead of responding to what I said. We all know what I said was the truth because that's the reality of the situation.
Speaker 6: And he has nothing to be ashamed of.
Speaker 7: That's why he's in the Hall of Fame, man, that's why he's made over two hundred million dollars. You know, he should be smiling and be happy that he's had such a great career and that he's done great things for the game of basketball instead of like trying to fight who he is. That's you know, it's all good, man. So we all have those those identity issues, you know, saying you.
Speaker 8: Know, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: It's all good, bro. I got down in love and respect.
Speaker 7: He's reached height set every basketball player, including myself in terms of being a Hall of Famer, dreams of being so respect to him and uh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I didn't get you in trouble. Nothing's blowing up this time around. It's all good.
Speaker 6: You and you.
Speaker 3: Did your job. You you were analytical.
Speaker 2: That's the hard part for players with former players, like what are you doing? Like how you know, you know what it's like to you know, all of those things. But yeah, you're doing a great jump. You're doing a great jump. He's a Austin Rivers, NBC Sports Channels. Great to talk to you again, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Buy always anytime, anytime.
Speaker 2: Ready, We'll take a break eight seven seven three DP show. We'll get some phone calls as well. Coming up, Nate Margotzi will join us back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show week days at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 12: This is Rob Parker and I'm here with an important public service announcement. Whatever you do, do not listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco Show. Fox Sports Radio asked me to do a promo, but I'm here to do a no mo, as in, don't listen to this show, no mo. The host are two fools from Philly who have the dumbest takes ever in all of sports talk. And you know, if I'm saying that, they must really be bad. I have no idea why Fox Sports Radio pick this up, but I know where to put it down in the trash can. So please don't listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco Show.
Speaker 3: No way, no how uh.
Speaker 2: Look at who's a big time actor now Nate BURGETSI old friend Breadwinner opens today.
Speaker 3: Wow, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I never thought i'd introduce you as movie star. But uh well, congratulations, thank you brother.
Speaker 8: Look at a decent two O five five eight going shorter, non pop eleven. Don't put that. Uh dude, it's crazy. Look I'm following your footsteps. I mean I wanted to know, how would you fill on opening weekends?
Speaker 3: Well, be a wreck.
Speaker 2: Sandler would make me nervous because he would always say, Danny, you hearing anything I go.
Speaker 3: You're in Hollywood, Sandler.
Speaker 2: But I remember when the totals for the first weekend of Longest Yard came out and it was like eighty million, and Sandler was relieved because I don't know if you're gonna have joy or relief, let's say, on Sunday or Monday when you get that first weekend box office numbers.
Speaker 8: I mean, really it both Well, it depends. Yeah, I guess it really depends. I don't know. Those are the two things. It's either going to be joy, relief or jump off a building. So it's one of the ones. I guess that's the relief part.
Speaker 3: Main difference between stand up and acting.
Speaker 8: The preparation I mean, I just a lot of pressureation just stand up, But it's you do it over time because you're doing so many shows, so you're saying the same stuff and you're kind of putting in words and here and there and changing little things, and you get to do it over especially before you type it's special. So there's a where a movie is like it's this day, it's scene they jump around in their movie. I mean they told me that, you know, when I first came to like, it's you know, you don't shoot a movie in order, which I kind of knew, but then it's crazy, like are you know the first day you're doing some scene that's at the end of the movie and you're it was wild. I thought, why would you not just shoot it in order? But I guess they know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: But are you so you you don't have that immediate reaction when you do your stand up, but are you looking for reaction from the crew, the camera people like you need you need that you're used to that feedback.
Speaker 8: Oh dude, I'll walk to cater and see if they heard the joke I just said. I mean, I'll go, I'll go walk. It's brutal because you say something and then no one can laugh, and then they already get done. The crew could be really good about it, so that's too because they can then't laugh like actress or You're like, but I mean, yes, sometimes I will. I would walk outside of it. You see it. You hear that. He's just constantly doing that. That's a pretty good joke, right, and everybody's like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, And you're like okay, uh, you know, because I poured my heart out there on that one.
Speaker 2: But it's different than the audience that's showing up. They're ready to laugh. The guys on the crew aren't showing up ready to laugh. They have to do their job.
Speaker 8: They do, and but that's the heart That's been the hardest thing is because it's you know, we started taping last summer, which is which is relatively quick for a movie to come out, you know, but I mean, like I can't even imagine like when people are waiting.
Speaker 3: Three years or something for a.
Speaker 8: Movie to come out, like just having to sit there and being like, what's going to happen? Like uh, you know, I mean, yeah, that's been the hardest part. But I mean, luckily I've shows this weekend, so I've been doing shows and uh so trying to at least hearing some laughs.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Nate Margatsi. The movie is the Breadwinner opens today. He's encouraging theaters to charge a significantly reduced Nate rate to make going to see it more affordable. Also upcoming tour dates Knoxville, Birmingham, Savannah, Greensboro, Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, Phoenix, San Jose, and San Diego. How much did you write of this movie?
Speaker 8: A lot of it's like with my stand up, So I would say it's like it was like a mix of just you know, almost like my stand up and a lot of stuff as went through it, and then Dan Leghana would go and you know, kind of put it all together. But I mean Legana definitely was the one that had to sit and he's has written scripts and all it so he said and did that. So it's but it's it's heavily you know, There's there's a lot of stuff in there that's like kind of from my stand up and then we kind of molded it together. But Dan definitely had to do more of the heavy list on the writing part of it. It was nice to write it because I could control what I say, like, there's no crime. I wasn't gonna you know, I wasn't putting any kind of like saying that. I was like, I don't look like an idiot, you know, like no crying. Uh. I was trying to know, like big laughing for me, Like I didn't know if I could take that.
Speaker 2: So I was very well, let me hear, let me hear your fake laugh. You already heard it earlier, Thank you God. That's here's mine.
Speaker 8: That's what I heard all night when I was when I was in New York.
Speaker 3: That's true. You can hear me laughing all the time.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 8: That's all I heard from the crowd. I go, he loved it. That's my mom. When I got I go, Dan loved it.
Speaker 3: Nate was killing it out there.
Speaker 2: Who tells you when when you're not funny? Uh?
Speaker 8: My daughter, My daughter is quick to it and tell me it's not funny. She'd always go, well that's an adult joke. And I'm like, she's thirteen. Now You're like, well you're thirteen, you get and then help He'll get defensive. I go, you get the idea of why people would like it, won't you like you know, like, uh, it's brutal. Comics. Comics are not. They can laugh, but comics can very much be. They just stare at you and they'll be like, yeah, dude, that's great. Like Conan Conan O'Brien talked about that one time. Any exactly that you're told joke to a comic and I'll do it to you. Someone tell me I'm not a great laugh at and sometimes they joke, but you can tell me a joke and I'll be like, that's the best joke I've ever heard in my life. And it'll be that it sounds like I hate you, but I'm honestly like, that's the I'm like, that's the best joke I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: But I hate when somebody goes, oh, that's funny. I'll go, yeah, you laugh. I don't want you to say, oh that's funny. Well, funny to me is laughing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean I do do that too, where I go, oh, that's funny, and then it's been great. You hear it. Look in this tone, it'd be like, oh that's funny. Man. Like as a comic, that would be it's really funny. If you're talking to something else, you're like, oh, that's funny. You say a little bit quicker. That's they don't take it's funny. It's like what you're like, what do you want them to do? They got to get out of the situation, so they just go Out's funny, and then they're trying to get to the door.
Speaker 2: I always wondered about how, you know, musicians get to play the same songs over and over and over. Billy Joel can play you know, panel Man until he's one hundred Springsteen, but how often can you bring something back on a new tour, not your current tour, because I know you're doing pretty much same thing every night.
Speaker 8: Yeah, look, if that is easy, Billy Joel, it'd be nice. Uh I'm joking. That's a real job.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, Yeah, yeah, if.
Speaker 8: I had it as easy as Bruce Springsteen brother, I would be easy. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Uh, you can't.
Speaker 8: It's they It's the hard part is it leaves your mind, you know, do you you know you probably had this like sport do you have like any like so many sports where everybody's like, did you enjoy that like finals or whatever that you were able to go to, and you're like, I don't remember going because you kind of just have to keep moving. You're doing so much stuff that's like kind of crazy, so you kind of got to keep moving. That's it's like that with stand up, Like once once I get done tape in its special, which for worth next week, I'm taping my special, and so once I get done tape in it, it's like my brain is on like panic mode to find a new to build a new hour. And then once you shed an old thing, it gets pretty hard to remember it. Like I couldn't do it. I don't. I would have to go lift to my last special to see if I could do a joke from there. I couldn't do one off top because I it just you got to like empty your brain so you can get new stuff in there.
Speaker 2: Any actors comedians you sought advice on doing this movie?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I talked to it. Well, it was it was cool. So I got to talk to h I did talk to Sandler. We're ACNL fifty. I was able to talk to him and he was he was very wonderful about it, like just you know saying, you know, just he's like just be there every day just to see what's going on and all this, Uh, like the Big Ones Wahlberg was someone that I've got to know and able to talk to him some about it. But I had Tamil Najianni on in the movie, and he was He's just someone I started comedy with. So like my first day he was there, which was nice because it's like I know him, and you know, it was just he's just very He's very positive, very you know, going like no, it's great, it's great, It's all this. So I mean he would like him. I would have. And Colin Jost also, they're so funny in it, and Colin was you know, Colin would come and he gets he I mean he's you know the Weeknd. He's a writer, so like he comes in and like would have like lines. He would text me like like hey, I thought about this, he could say in the movie, like just extremely helpful. Keep thinking about it on the outside. You know, even when he wasn't on set, he would think about it just to you know, a need of the lines, any stuff he can make better. But yeah, I went to relying on those guys and just I put myself around people I know, and then like Nandy and the girls, the daughters we have in it are so good and they became like sisters on set, and I think that helped the like once you you know, once they they feel like their sisters, so then it helps you feel like their dad because they're just a year around them so much, and they're very fun.
Speaker 2: Could you see yourself doing a love scene?
Speaker 8: I mean not right, I don't think not like, I don't think like, you know, not white lotus though.
Speaker 3: Going you know, it would be extremely white lotus.
Speaker 8: He would be extremely like Dane. I think you've been edgier than I will be in a movie.
Speaker 6: So yo, I know that.
Speaker 2: But I I Sandler just he tries to put me in the most awkward positions and he thinks it's funny, and I'm I'm a fool, and I go, okay, I'll do that, sand Man. And then you know, like he had me kill, he had me kiss Uh what was her name?
Speaker 3: What was her name?
Speaker 2: Paul Wendy mcclennon. Uh, yeah, Kobe McLendon. And and if it wasn't in the script, Nate and I show up on set and my my daughter was working as a runner on the set, and all of a sudden, Sandler goes, Danny, Danny, why don't you kiss her she was my wife in the movie. Yeah, And I go, what's it's not in the script? Sanm Many goes, I know, Danny, just I want you to kiss her. So I kiss her. My daughter walks by and she's mortified. We get done with the scene and she goes, are you gonna tell mom? I go, yes, I'm gonna tell mom. And I said to sam Man, I said, what was it? He goes, Danny, it's acting. I said, Okay. I mean I kept saying, let's do more takes. I mean, I don't know if that was unprofessional.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I always would like to say, you go, if you're like, even if you're not going to kiss, you go, let's just get it on tape. And so we have it and then we'll see what happens. Uh. But it's yeah, it's like this day. The first day I had to kiss Mandy, and I mean we kiss like he kiss her like a little kiss your wife when you go goodbye, like you know, it wasn't like anything big, but my wife of course comes that day and then you're like that boy, and then it was funny. We went to the premiere and so my wife and my daughter is sitting with us this day and then they kiss on uh you know shows the kiss in the movie. And then my wife, my daughter leans over to my wife and she goes, you're jealous.
Speaker 2: I had I used tongue though in my scene that was that was probably unperceived. Yeah, methist, Yeah, yeah, Daniel, Daniel da Lewis Patrick.
Speaker 3: That's me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, so, uh the bread Winner, big movie star, Nate Margetsi and uh it's open today and he's encouraging the rate. Uh so, so he has a good weekend where he can exhale and he can be very proud. And you can see him on the road as well. Knoxville, Birmingham, Savannah, Greensboro, Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, Phoenix, San Diego, San Jose. He'll come to your backyard, He'll he'll perform anywhere.
Speaker 8: That's I expect you to be at all those shows too.
Speaker 3: Will be Oh are you going to go to Tahoe again this year?
Speaker 8: I am a young go be there. Yep, yeah, all right, I'll see.
Speaker 3: On tomhow good luck this weekend, dude.
Speaker 8: I appreciate it, man, Thanks for having me as always. I love you guys.
Speaker 2: That's Nate Morgetzi he's a big deal. Now he's a movie star. Yeah, but he does that. Oh that's funny. David Spade will do that.
Speaker 3: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 2: I'll go no laugh then, all right, so go see the movie coming up this weekend. How about we take a break, all right? We got steaks on the rectech grill. We got our Caesar salad o grotten potatoes. It's a meat Friday here. I'm ready to dive in. You can join us if you're watching on Peacock or NBC Sports Network.
Speaker 1: Last call for phone calls right after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Fox Sports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. Dylan did a wonderful job.
Speaker 2: Thanks to Heartland Steakcode dot Com and case the Heartland Difference. You did a great job. The Tomahawks awesome, Peter Luger Steakhouse. You recreated what they do there.
Speaker 3: Yeah with the Porterhouses. That was great.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day has been brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. How about a couple of phone calls in here? Last call for phone calls This day in sports History, and who wins Game seven on Saturday Spurs a three and a half point underdog. Aaron and Fort Wayne. Good morning, Aaron. What do you have for me today?
Speaker 10: Hey Dan, thanks for taking my call. Yes, I want to see when I want to see Wenby in the finals. I mean there was a play last night where his hand was like so far above the square when he dumped the balls. A spectacular player. And for somebody that young to come in and then, you know, do it right away, I think we need that. But I also have a retirement idea for you for the man Cave. Turn it into a restaurant, because my mouth is watered. Call it the meat Cave. You know, I can see Dylan as the chef there, and Mario as the maitre d and I'm sure christ and Syracuse probably as a list compiled of like every greatest dish. But I got a couple of a couple of them before you hear Fritzy's hold the Phone, Fried Pickles, Seaton's draft pick, deviled eggs, and Paully's executive producer pork belly bits.
Speaker 3: All right, well, thank you, Erin.
Speaker 2: It's been suggested I turn this into a bed and breakfast, which is not far fetched. I could see that where you come in for the weekend and you could do a mock show. You could sit in my chair, turn on the microphones, the cameras, you could do some grilling. You wanted to play basketball, some pickleball, Yeah, I think we could do that. Go down to my wife's ice cream parlor, get some ice cream.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Dylan, that all sounded great, except I think Mario is more of a bus boy than the well is the eyes and ears of this program is the director Mario sitting with his trustee trustee assistant Anthony John in Indianapolis. Hi, John, what's on your mind?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 9: Dan? Six to one, regrettable, two thirty regrettable. Hey, I got a cigar recommendation for you. Okay, if you ever have Alec Bradley Prestonado, they are probably the smoothest cigar I have ever had. And you want to go really good with your mezcal, your go to.
Speaker 2: All right, I've had Alec Bradley.
Speaker 3: I think it's a l e C. There's so many great cigars.
Speaker 2: Last night I was smoking a my father Blue and then I didn't realize this, but I mentioned this last week and now I can't get the cigars. They're sold out, so I got to shut my big mouth. But uh, well, I just mentioned it again. But My Father is a If you're looking to buy something for Father's Day and you don't know anything about cigars, you can never go wrong with a Pedrone anniversary. They're expensive, but they for a cigar lover, they're so worth it. That My Father series is really good. You're going to get a great cigar for around anywhere between nine and thirteen dollars and great smoke.
Speaker 4: Yes doing Yeah, I actually smoked one of those the other night on your recommendation, and it was it was lovely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I had some tequila last night watching a variety of things, as.
Speaker 3: I always do. I would love the Rundown.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I watched two things last night that I'm embarrassed to bring it up that I was watching it because you're like, what is wrong with your life?
Speaker 3: Steve and Georgia. Hi, Steve, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Six Dan, I'd just like to weigh in on the pole question. There is nothing better than making someone laugh with an original joke and with your permission, I'd love to tell you.
Speaker 9: An original joke.
Speaker 3: Alrighty Steve.
Speaker 13: I was flirting with a black woman and I asked her if she ever dated white man.
Speaker 9: She said, occasionally.
Speaker 2: Let me see if Marvin Marvin's laughing caccasionally.
Speaker 6: What do you first say that I was dating?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 2: Were ready with the dump button? Weren't you real fast? All righty ca occasionally This day in sports.
Speaker 14: History, Paul nineteen seventy seven, Dan the Great AJ Foight won the Indy five hundred for the fourth time.
Speaker 6: Love that guy.
Speaker 14: And in nineteen ninety Ricky Henderson stole be eight ninety three, breaking Ti Cobs record.
Speaker 2: Nineteen fifty three, Sir Edmund Hillary and the Sherpa guide Tenzing Norgay became the first people to reach the summit of Mount Everest. The problem is they knighted Sir Edmund's Hillary. This poor Sherpa Tenzing Norgay didn't get anything. They're like, oh, yeah, and that guy who was carrying everything.
Speaker 14: Yeah, ed Hillary's going up Willy nilly and Tenzing carries all the gear.
Speaker 8: Eddie.
Speaker 2: Now come on, he was Eddie Hillary. And then all of a sudden he gets to the top. Now he's Sir Edmund Hillary. Meanwhile, the Sherpa, those are the MVPs. They got to carry all the gear and now it's become bougie to be able to do these mountain climbs where you know, they have really high end food for you and the camps are nice and little ten Gang nord what was his name, Tenzing Norgay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember that.
Speaker 2: Let me see anything else that needs to be mentioned here. Larry Bird won Rookie of the Year. Magic won the NBA title this year. Larry this on this date, nineteen eighty Larry won the Rookie of the Year and then Magic one the NBA title and MVP as well.
Speaker 3: Findal results of the poll question Dylan.
Speaker 4: Get ed, is there any team in any sport that rivals the fandom of the nineties Bulls? Sixty five percent say, no wayse Cass Paul.
Speaker 14: It's not apples and oranges, and it's not comparison the rock star thing that you pointed out. But when I was a kid, the Pittsburgh Steelers felt very famous head to toe. Lots of famous names, I mean, defensive tackles were getting national commercials.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we weren't rooting for them, not when we saw them. No way like I admired the Steelers, but I didn't want them to win. The Bulls. People wanted the Bulls to win. That's the difference. By the way, it's such a random side story here. I had the over under for LSU wins this year college football and the over under from Old Miss football this year. LSU the over under is eight and a half. I would have thought it would have been a little higher than that. Old Miss the over under is seven and a half. September nineteenth in Oxford, Mississippi, Martin Luther Kiffin goes back and brings his LSU Tigers to face Old Miss.
Speaker 6: The march on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not on Selma.
Speaker 2: Let's go around the room see if we learn anything on the program, Todd, did you learn anything I did?
Speaker 10: Pga to our CEO, Brian Rollup isn't sure what you're talking about with regard to piping bird sounds.
Speaker 6: Ask the guys in the truck.
Speaker 3: Did bother me? Bother me? Dylan? Would you learn today? Occasionally Marvin Sweeten to smoke free?
Speaker 2: Uh, Paul, it's steakhouse day, Todd?
Speaker 3: Did I learn anything on this program?
Speaker 6: We did it?
Speaker 8: We have the question SGA only shot three free throws last night, which begs the question was that an anomaly or a market correction.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get a Miller Lite, I got my steak. I'm gonna sit around beautiful weather and wait for the twelve to fifteen podcast with the back room guys for Todd, Dylan, Marv, Paulie, yours Trulie.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend. We'll talk to you on Monday.