Speaker 1: You know it's going to be a good second date update when the guy starts with well, I had to lie to her. Yeah, I mean I just had to. It was no other option. Yeah, I want to hear the lie what you're about to We're gonna hear it in just a second with a brand new second date update. Thanks so much for being here on a Monday or a Tuesday if you're late on the podcast.
Speaker 2: So yeah, like just have a date whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't hate you for any of it. Thank you for being here, and we love to start with the comment.
Speaker 3: Yes and maybe May said you guys, Victoria from Australia here living in Germany. Your podcast saved me when I was in the hospital for a month with an eye infection and no English speakers and I couldn't watch anything, so I laid in bed and punched through all your content that's out, never missed a show.
Speaker 1: Love your work and a big, big thank you.
Speaker 3: No idea how I found you, but I'm glad I did.
Speaker 1: Dokerman Yeah after Shane, yeah please, oh maybe thanks for sure. We were trying to go over some German words with my son over the weekend, but it was more poop.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this way better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Hey, here goes your brand new one. Thanks for being here, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 2: If you're a single guy who wants to date and it's a Friday night, but you've got no action, no options, and what do you do?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean you stay home and play video games?
Speaker 1: Obviously you find a new hobby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't give up like that. You got to do exactly what our listener Twan did, and you go back to the well. The well, at least that's what he said in the email. I don't even know what the well is, but I'm sure a lot of our listeners want to know where they can find this mysterious well so they can visit it too.
Speaker 1: Your description makes it sound like it's dry, sounds like where the up techs come from.
Speaker 2: Let's find out, Swan. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: One you there, Bud, Yes, I am, I'm right here.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Can you explain what you mean? Because your email said you went back to the well?
Speaker 4: All right, all right, all right, I went back to the well. So I went to hinge Ah yeah, yeah, I know. I had a little drink and I just sent a big mass email like, oh my matches just to say who was going to catch?
Speaker 2: Yes, I see what you're you're saying. You went back to all the old matches that you had from a long time ago, like that DMS.
Speaker 4: Yeah that we never actually linked up.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I could say that being well, because you know, all those girls were interested at least at one point.
Speaker 1: It's not and I think they literally go to a tabor you have to click like old.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah, I like that. Alexis pretends like she doesn't know. Yeah, are you sure it's in the upper left corner. It's on the second page.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Can I ask you one, how many messages did you send.
Speaker 5: About thirty to forty and how many did you get?
Speaker 4: Well? One actually responded her name was killed all of them, bro.
Speaker 1: Last minute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in a short period of time, one and she was you know, I actually met up with her.
Speaker 2: It's nice to find someone who's just as desperate as you. So that feels good. Yeah, what'd you guys do?
Speaker 4: Oh? We ended up going to the bar and after a couple of Tekila shots and talking and she really looked like a picture wasn't any type of catfish or anything like that?
Speaker 1: Did you remember anything about her, like why you liked her or if you had connected earlier.
Speaker 4: Oh, she had some really nice eyes and you know, nice eyes breastleasses. Like I said, you have away with words.
Speaker 1: It started to feel like you only said the eyes to make the breast feel better.
Speaker 4: Maybe I did. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Did you give those compliments directly to her?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, after a few Don Julio blancos, and the compliments kept coming.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, Brook, you wouldn't be mad at that type of compliment coming at you immediately.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, okay, listen, like I feel like everybody, you and her know what the goal of this evening is. Yeah, so it's an appropriate compliment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was trying to get unhings that was, but it's really good. We were at the corner of the bar by the jukebox. We were playing music. Then we ended up making out.
Speaker 1: Another like a good bar makeout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, box, I think we've all had this date.
Speaker 1: What did you actually that night? Did you actually expect to see her again?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean I asked her. I said she wanted to go back to my house, you know, at my house more Don Julio and more drinks.
Speaker 6: Than I don't think that was.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I told I'll make better drinks than the bartender. So she's very excited. She said, okay, what there is a big butt.
Speaker 2: Oh in addition to the eyes and the other body parts. That's good.
Speaker 4: So you know, I get a call from a couple of my friends in there. They're like, oh, we need to hang out. We need to hang out with with drinking. There's more women over here. You need to be here.
Speaker 2: So you answered the phone call while you're still with her.
Speaker 4: I did, please tell me.
Speaker 1: You were on speakerphone when they're telling you there's more women.
Speaker 4: No, no, there wasn't no speakerphone. But I saw the nine one one call and I had to decide real fast if I was going to go with my buddies or go back to my house with Tim and I. I told her that my mother had in a regular heartbeat.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Oh wow, you get your mom a heart.
Speaker 4: There's the bar.
Speaker 3: You invited her back and then took back the invice.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And you know she looked at me like huh, like what, Yeah, I told her I had to leave, and.
Speaker 2: She must have understood, I mean, your mom is having an emergency think midnight.
Speaker 4: I don't think she believed me, and she didn't buy it. I've been trying to call her and text message her for the last couple of days, and she hasn't been answering me.
Speaker 2: But what happened with your buddy and all of the girls that he had waiting?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, we woke up on Sunday. I mean this was Friday. We ended up leaving Friday morning.
Speaker 1: Oh why do I feel like you only woke up with your buddies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what you like to believe.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean, so the problem is you only slept with a few girls that weekend. You need to get the one that got away, Yeah, the one.
Speaker 1: From the I mean, why do you want to call her? Honestly?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had we had really good conversations before the don Julio. She's very pretty, and I got another Friday night coming up, and there's nothing of books. Oh.
Speaker 1: One of the other twenty nine replied, poor god, it is really hard to recommend that she go out with you again, although.
Speaker 2: You did get her to say yes to coming back to your place, so she was clearly feeling something.
Speaker 4: Same page.
Speaker 1: She was on the same page as name for sure, Jose, But like after being ditched like.
Speaker 2: That sucksting, she might see it as a challenge and like want to finish what she started.
Speaker 1: Oh, some girls like it and she's just playing hard to get That's why she's not calling down guys, That's what I want.
Speaker 2: So we all want to think what we want to think. But let's see what Kim thinks when we call her and try and get you a successful second date update for your Friday night.
Speaker 1: Right after this, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 2: Don't you hate it when you're bringing a woman back to your place and you get blocked by your mom's fake heart condition. Darn sucks.
Speaker 1: It's so not sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's what happened to our listener Twan on the night that he met up with a beautiful woman named Kim from Hinge and right before he could bring her home, got a call from his buddies saying they had a bunch of ladies, big party, we need you here. Yeah, so tough choice, but Twan chose the bros. It's like one woman or several women.
Speaker 1: I think he chose the bros.
Speaker 2: But I ended up having a fantastic weekend. But guess one the cool thing about weekends, there's another one coming up. Okay, and he wants to reconnect with Kim to see if she's available for that one, because luckily his mom is all better. Yeah, that's good news.
Speaker 1: Kim didn't find out about you going over to this party, did she?
Speaker 4: No, she didn't. I hope she never does.
Speaker 1: Okay, you.
Speaker 3: Got the call, but he was drunk and on the phone's talking really loud.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I was covert. She didn't have no clue. I just my friends got over excited. They said over bros and bros over. She didn't hear any of that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I trust in Twine's ability to stay covert.
Speaker 1: I don't trust in our ability to not out him in this night. Yeah, I be honest.
Speaker 2: So excited to hear her sign.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Let's hear what Kim asked to say. She might be really excited at the chance of getting to meet up with you again, Swan.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just want to make sure that the ladies in the room have my back.
Speaker 1: As long as you're honest about your intentions with Kim, like you don't lead her on, making her think that you're going to fall in love with her or anything. I'm down.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know what any of that means, but just having my back, okay, really.
Speaker 2: All right, let's all hold each other's back while I dial Kim in. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're looking to speak with Kim. This is a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Hi Kim, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 8: I'm not interested. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Well you might not be, but that this is a segment that we do. It's called a second date Update.
Speaker 1: We're not trying to sell you anything right now.
Speaker 8: Oh, a second date update.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have questions, yeah, questions about a date that you went on recently with one of our listeners, a guy named Twan.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 8: Like someone called you and was like, they want to go on a second.
Speaker 4: Date with me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sort of. Twan reached out to us because he told us that you two met up the other night.
Speaker 4: Oh god, the first time, keep going, explained.
Speaker 2: Well, Twan, you know, kind of painted the image of the night. It seemed really fun. He said, you met on Hinge and you were at a bar and made out a little bit had some drinks and.
Speaker 1: It sounded like fun. Well, you know, it's like I spent a lot of Friday nights like that in my twenties.
Speaker 7: Yeah, fun, I mean yeah, look, yeah, the night was fun. I mean, I can probably tell you right now, I'm not going on a second date with Twan.
Speaker 2: Right, well wrap it up. Well, if that's how you feel, that's okay. But I think Twan's a little confused about why because he thought there was a good chance you'd meet up again.
Speaker 8: Well, did he tell you what happened on our dates?
Speaker 1: We'd love it if you could tell us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we heard his side of it that there, like I said, there was a bar, drinks, kissing, and before you could head back to his place, he had kind of an unfortunate situation that came up.
Speaker 1: He got a phone call.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's all true, Like we had matched before, and then.
Speaker 2: He like, right, we heard that this wasn't your first interaction with him, but he right.
Speaker 1: What does that have to do with it?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 8: I mean, I guess the first time. I just kind of stopped.
Speaker 6: Talking to him the first time because he was giving me.
Speaker 8: Like a little bit of like fuck up vibes.
Speaker 7: But I don't know, maybe I was just like more open to that this time. But he said his mom like has like a heart condition or something, and he was like, I really have to go, Like, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah you heard that. So I mean, why not give him a second chance if his mom is going through something like you can't fault to God. Yeah, fault a guy for going through something.
Speaker 7: Like that totally. But then, I mean, that wasn't the end of our interaction, so was it.
Speaker 8: So he left me around like nine, and I just.
Speaker 7: Went back home and my chilled, And then he texted me at like.
Speaker 4: One thirty or.
Speaker 7: Something, one thirty am and he was like, hey, mom's good, if you're still up, come meet me here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the morning texts are always sweet.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once he found out his mom was okay, he was still thinking about her.
Speaker 1: But not coming to her. She could come to him.
Speaker 2: Well, he just went through a very traumatic experience, clearly.
Speaker 1: So wait, did you go Yes?
Speaker 8: So my thought was, wow, if I actually like.
Speaker 6: Like this person, maybe I should be there for them.
Speaker 8: So I was like okay, wow, and I was still up.
Speaker 2: We didn't know that you that you had even remad with him.
Speaker 8: That part so I went to the address that he sent. It wasn't that far, but when I got there, there was like a razor. There was a huge party. So I'm going in. I'm like, is your mom here? Like? What is this?
Speaker 7: And I walked around for like five.
Speaker 6: Minutes, couldn't find him anywhere. And then finally I see him and he's on this couch and there's.
Speaker 7: Like two girls sitting on his lap, like draped all over him. And I'm like, I don't think your mom has a heart conditions.
Speaker 2: Taking such good care of.
Speaker 4: That's bad.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry I had to see that.
Speaker 4: Geez.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I don't know.
Speaker 8: I just I leftach him.
Speaker 1: What an opportunity ruine his chances with two other women?
Speaker 7: God, like, okay, all three of them were so far gone.
Speaker 8: I don't think you're right.
Speaker 2: There might be a chance he doesn't remember that happening because he is on the other line right now waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, did he hear everything that I just said?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: I think he needed to hear it. I don't think you should be embarrassing. Yeah, he should be embarrassed.
Speaker 4: Are you there? Yeah, I'm here. I can't believe I did that.
Speaker 2: Did I talk to Kim about it?
Speaker 4: I really don't remember. I mean I I kind of like more in different like when something like.
Speaker 8: Morning your morning, did your mom die? Did your mom die on your morning?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry I used the wrong word. I mean I kind of like I have a drinking problem at time. You know, I would love to see you again if possible.
Speaker 9: I mean my mother would love to meet you. Oh no, she would love to I told my mother how compassionate you was when she cold and told me about what was going on. And you know she wants to tell you thank you for not taking the personal allow me to be with her and her time to need Uh.
Speaker 6: Huh Okay, So you really expect me to believe that your entire mother heart conditioned phone call was real?
Speaker 4: I mean, yo, you don't you believe it, don't you?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, my eyes just got strained from rearing back into my head so hard.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 8: No, I don't think any of us believes you. Twee.
Speaker 2: I got your back, Yeah, Jeff, tell them.
Speaker 4: Hey, just blame that just My mother doesn't really have a hawking dishes. She just got das feet.
Speaker 1: That's wait.
Speaker 2: But now you're throwing me under the bus.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: Look, I'll give you that.
Speaker 8: You're funny, You're hilarious.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: I mean, Kim, if he would have just been honest with you about everything, would you have hung out with him again?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 7: Like I didn't need something serious, but I also don't need I really don't need someone who's going to play in my face.
Speaker 2: Telling a girl I'm leaving you for other girls never works.
Speaker 4: I will give not not girls.
Speaker 8: You know that's so much better.
Speaker 2: Okay, now we're finally on the same page. So with that being said, Kim, you don't have any plans for this weekend?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 8: You know I don't have any plans for this sep.
Speaker 2: Perfect because we would love to offer to hook you up with Twin one more time, and we would pay for that date or the Don Julio, whatever whatever you want. Okay, sorry, Brooke will pay for the Dawn Huli. We'll do an appetizer, yes, and I'll.
Speaker 1: Also start a go Fundme page for Twe's mom.
Speaker 2: Oh you're really sweet.
Speaker 1: Her heart for her feet.
Speaker 4: What do you think, Kim, I'll go, but wow, no, no, no, no no no, I'll go.
Speaker 7: If you'll pay for me and Brook to go out.
Speaker 4: Oh man, not what.
Speaker 9: That, dude.
Speaker 5: I'll definitely buy the tequila that two ladies, And yes, you're not invited.
Speaker 4: I'm coming. I'm gonna find you, guys.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: It's funny how at the start of that there was a couple people in this room who were very skeptical about Twan's game, and one of those people is now going out with him him all right because of his mom's irregular heart condition. You can't make it, you.
Speaker 1: Can't steal his you can't help him lie jeff Okay, there's a line. I'm just saying. You can't lie to.
Speaker 3: A girl for a man.
Speaker 1: It's just against all the.
Speaker 2: Codes in the book, unless they're a listener to our show, in which case we have no more. Yeah. So yeah, okay, Brooke is totally not going out with Twan and his hene hook up this weekend. That's not happening. But talk about an update update I can't wait to.
Speaker 1: Get Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we hear from any of them again.
Speaker 1: You know how, the shots of tequila are awesome.
Speaker 2: John Julio all around. And remember, if you want to be on our show, or you need help with your love life, or you.
Speaker 1: Just want to go have drinks with me.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a lot of ways you can do your life wrong. Reach out to us and we'll call that person who's not calling you back