Speaker 1: Oof, did we find a villain today?
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and I think it's gonna be hard. We're gonna be hard pressed to find someone who's a fan of this woman. You'll understand why in just a second, because we're getting into our brand new Second Date podcast. But first, we always love to start with your comments.
Speaker 1: Yes, Hope, Faith Joyce, Yeah, that's fun. Love the show. I listen at work.
Speaker 2: I then have to relive the show when I report back to my husband, who refuses to listen.
Speaker 1: He's an Insta reels over TikTok kind of person.
Speaker 3: I actually just be a part of the show at this point.
Speaker 1: I'm already so involved.
Speaker 3: There we are, There we go.
Speaker 2: We'll tell your husband do it least in the very least follow our socials at Brook and Jeffrey. Yeah on Insta where he's yeah, then he can get a little bit of that second date hit on those. All right, let's go Second Date update brand new starts right now.
Speaker 3: Second Date up date is singing okay on a first date or during a first meet up?
Speaker 2: Are you asking for yourself because you've always wanted to live inside a musical?
Speaker 3: Jeff I'm Jeff, I do my song of the week here all the time, so I fully support that idea. But if I'm some rando going out with Alexis or Brook, probably would not recommend a duet with them.
Speaker 1: You need to hate on our singing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're so both vocally talented, thank you.
Speaker 3: The man would just be so intimidated by the raw.
Speaker 2: Music and art is more about effort than actual raw talent. If loud enough, I sound better, like, don't have that surprise exactly?
Speaker 1: Do you want us to sing right now?
Speaker 3: No? I don't want. I don't want the listeners to be intimidated by you. But bring god exactly. I bring it up though, because one of our listeners apparently was singing during his first meet up.
Speaker 1: I hope it was karaoke.
Speaker 3: Well let's find out. His name is Charlie. Charlie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hello are you doing?
Speaker 1: Why did you come in not singing?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 1: I just want to give that's what we wanted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not much of a karaoke person at all.
Speaker 3: I take my solo back. It says in the email here that you sang during your first meetup.
Speaker 5: Well, I did, not knowing what I guess what I was exactly getting into.
Speaker 3: Okay, we put way too much pressure on him coming into this so to.
Speaker 2: Sense musical Yeah, I'm guessing it's someone you met online, right, set up a date.
Speaker 4: Well, no, not not at all.
Speaker 5: Actually, I was just at karaoke and I signed up for Bohemian Rhapsody.
Speaker 4: What nice?
Speaker 1: You know, like a singer. I don't get it. You don't like singing and you do a queen song?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like that is a big song, a big stretch.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I knew the song, so I knew all the words, but I guess I didn't realize the vocal aptitude that it required.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It is one thing when you hear a song on the radio and you're like, oh yeah, I could do this, and then you're up on stage, actually under the lights, needing to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the words singing with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like maybe you bit off more than you could chew with that song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's like seven minutes long. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you at least have friends with you to make fun of you? I was going to say, to get a good video of this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they really tore me apart.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know, Charlie, we are doing a second date. Update.
Speaker 2: So, although Jeffrey has been wanting to do karaoke reviews for years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been petitioning to get rid of these stupid second dates so that we could just sing. I guess what we should probably get to is the person that you met. I'm assuming it happened there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So after I just like ruined this song and totally embarrassed myself, Janine came up to me and introduced herself and told me that Queen.
Speaker 4: Is her favorite band and I did an all right job and.
Speaker 1: Settle for you.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then she went up and did her song and she just like blew it away.
Speaker 4: It was just like amazing. Wow.
Speaker 5: So after he was done, I congratulated her and asked her if I could buy her a drink, and she said, well, yes, but you have to ask me out first.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean she's the karaoke queen.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So did you do it or did you say no, no things?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Yeah, I asked her out.
Speaker 3: Good the moment.
Speaker 2: So you have one drink and then you guys go on a date another time or was it the same night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had a couple of drinks that night, hung out, and then we decided to meet up.
Speaker 4: I think it was like two or three days later.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's your official date. How did that go?
Speaker 4: Wow? That was completely different. It's just such a different person we had.
Speaker 5: You know, started off conversating over dinner, and she cried three different times throughout the night.
Speaker 2: Wow, was there like some I cry over everything? Like literally, it's really hard for me. It like really impedes on my social life sometimes because I don't want to cry over.
Speaker 3: Everything, and yet you still do it.
Speaker 1: No, it's like my emotional reaction. It's like blushing for me, do.
Speaker 3: You know what? Like started to crying.
Speaker 5: We were talking about her sister and she she started crying. I asked, is everything okay? Is her sister all right health wise?
Speaker 4: She said yes.
Speaker 5: And then the second time she started crying about her dog, and I asked.
Speaker 4: Her her dog was okay, and she said, yeah, her dog's okay. But I just couldn't understand why she was so upset.
Speaker 3: So her sister's totally healthy, her dog's totally healthy, and that makes her cry.
Speaker 1: But crying is it always about being sad or upset?
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's about like just a really deep feeling like maybe she has a deep feeling of love and gratitude towards these things that are.
Speaker 3: Going through it and everything that day.
Speaker 4: Maybe yeah. But then the third time she cried was was over dessert. I mean over a fln.
Speaker 3: I've cried over something. Were you eating dessert or what was happening?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, I said, let's change the environment. Let's go out and maybe get some dessert somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, And that made her cry.
Speaker 3: The suggestion of dessert made her cry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you get her the flawn because girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Needs She sounds like she didn't even want it.
Speaker 1: She needs where she is.
Speaker 2: You eat this cake, whether you want to or not to go, you'll feel better.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I'm just totally confused. There was this great interaction.
Speaker 5: That we had when I met her, and this night just went totally off the rail.
Speaker 4: She was crying about everything.
Speaker 3: Okay, Charlie, I know it's probably hard, but if you had to guess, like, is there any thought in your mind about what maybe caused her to be so emotional that night?
Speaker 4: If I had to guess, maybe she's just going through something really personal and she didn't want to open up about it to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's call her on the radio and ask her about it.
Speaker 5: Or Ellie, it was just a full moon that night and people act weird on that night.
Speaker 3: I'd like to say, some people cry for good things. I cry watching soldiers from home videos, and I cry on cute stuff. So maybe she was like thinking about a really.
Speaker 2: Good thing in Coco or just a full moon werewolf situation, crying at the movement.
Speaker 3: So we'll come back and hopefully get some answers from her when we do your second Date Update super emotional edition right after this thank you Second Date Update. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and if you're just joining us, our listener, Charlie hung out with a woman named Janine on two separate occasions. Yes, and I tend to want to focus more on the first hangout because because singing and complimenting and high fiving each other.
Speaker 2: Karaoke Sharon drinks together, that sounds fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The second hangout, where he's sitting across a table from her while she balls her eyes out for an hour and a half, I mean fun. Yeah, No, not fun, as the first time.
Speaker 1: It wasn't fun for her either, Jess. Nobody had a good time at that dinner thingcause.
Speaker 3: We don't know exactly what was going on, not even Charlie. He doesn't know why the crying was happening. She seemed to be talking about a lot of different subjects, and the night ended with him suggesting that they go grab dessert together, and that resulted in immediate wailing. I really don't know what we're gonna get here if she answers the phone. I just know that we probably need to be the opposite of how we normally do these calls and actually be super respectful. Oh what do you think about that strategy, Brooke?
Speaker 1: I think that we shouldn't bring up the crime. I do think that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would assume it's something really personal happening in her life and it's none of our business.
Speaker 3: It's a good point, fair, We'll just say you hung out with Charlie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, she.
Speaker 2: Spent a lot of time with him at the karaoke bar, and like there could be a very innocent reason she's.
Speaker 1: Not calling him back.
Speaker 3: Charlie. Is that okay with you if we take that approach, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's fine. I mean, but what do we call her? I just I want to express it. She has feelings. The most women that I date, they're not like open like this. I have the most respect for her. Maybe she was just having a bad day, you say.
Speaker 2: If she has feelings.
Speaker 1: There's most women you date don't have feelings.
Speaker 3: Oh well they don't.
Speaker 4: They don't really open up like that.
Speaker 1: Oh I see you like the vulnerability.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah I do.
Speaker 3: Charlie, do you promise us that you're not going to join in and cry on this call to.
Speaker 1: I don't want him to make that promise cry if you need to, Charlie crying people on the phone. Yeah, maybe three, I'll join in a big cry.
Speaker 3: People are going to keep on listening to this. So here we go. If you're also going to cry with us, it feels good, it really does.
Speaker 1: It feels good.
Speaker 3: I'm actually hoping she doesn't answer it. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hi, is this Jeanine?
Speaker 7: Yes, she's calling.
Speaker 3: Hey Jeanine. This is a radio show calling. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning Positive Upbeat Show. Hi Janine, good morning.
Speaker 7: Okay, you have.
Speaker 3: A good time today, Janine.
Speaker 1: Okay, why are.
Speaker 6: You doing that?
Speaker 1: You You're coming off like an infomercial salesman.
Speaker 3: I love those commercials. Those are great.
Speaker 1: They're awful. Hi Janine, welcome to the show. I hope you have a second for us.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, hope you have a second.
Speaker 7: What is this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a This is a segment we do. It's called the Second Date Update, and we try to help out our listeners if they've gone out with someone recently. We try to figure out if there's a reason why they're not wanting to do a second hang the third really in your case, yeah.
Speaker 7: I have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: We're really just calling based about a guy that you hung out with recently, a guy named Charlie.
Speaker 6: Who Charlie Charlie.
Speaker 2: He's the one that's saying Bohemian Rhapsody at the karaoke bar.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, the karaoke dude. Yeah I remember him.
Speaker 3: Yes, So we're trying to help Charlie figure out why you haven't met up again.
Speaker 6: I don't really have much reason. I mean, I'm not really sure why Jael's business.
Speaker 1: Well it's not.
Speaker 2: I mean, Charlie asked us to call you like on his on his behalf.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't know why he do that either, Okay.
Speaker 1: Because he likes you. Does that seem far facts.
Speaker 3: Do you guys want to hung out?
Speaker 1: Are you scared of her job?
Speaker 3: I don't know what to say.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: I think Charlie just really likes you.
Speaker 4: Well, a lot of guys do.
Speaker 7: It's nothing new to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, that must be nice. She's a good singer. It gets people's attention.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. We did hear your Yeah, a lot of nice things to say about you.
Speaker 6: I mean, he doesn't really know me and I don't know him.
Speaker 2: So it's strange because he was like, one thing that he really liked about you is how vulnerable you were.
Speaker 1: And I guess maybe it's just weird to have us call.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's now.
Speaker 6: Honestly, guys are just super easy to be manipulated. Like guys in general, all I have to do is cheer up and I'll get a free drink or food.
Speaker 2: What wait, you're manipulating men, that's like what you get off on.
Speaker 3: You fake cried.
Speaker 6: I mean, if it gets me a free uber or drink, food, whatever, it works.
Speaker 3: I don't understand what because can I just tell her what we know? Because we didn't want to bring this up to you because we thought it might trigger something. But Charlie mentioned that on your second hangout, you cried on multiple occasions and he wasn't exactly sure what was causing it.
Speaker 7: I mean, he bought me the one drink, everything was fine.
Speaker 6: I cried again to you know, get another, but he wouldn't buy another.
Speaker 2: So so then you cried a third time or a second time. I don't know what number we're at.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean I had to try sure.
Speaker 1: Sweet turned down dessert.
Speaker 3: No one turns.
Speaker 6: Why wouldn't I stick around if he's not going to buy me any more drinks?
Speaker 3: Okay, So you were specifically crying, trying to send the message to buy you a drink, and he wasn't picking up on that message.
Speaker 1: There's no message, Jeff, She's just manipulating him.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, I'm right here, I'm listening.
Speaker 1: Good, I'm glad you heard all of that. Yeah, who cares about her, Jeanine?
Speaker 3: Wow, broke. Come on, you said to be respectful about her and her emotions. Right now, you're coming off very rude.
Speaker 1: She's making all the other women that actually cry look bad.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think that you make women look bad.
Speaker 1: You're manipulating men for drinks. He would just buy you a drink without you cry.
Speaker 3: She's just a normal lady.
Speaker 4: The reason why you fried is just so I would buy you stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you're like, honestly, that's like a toddler.
Speaker 1: That's what my kids do.
Speaker 2: They try to cry so I'll buy him something and I say, no, cry all you want.
Speaker 1: I'm not buying you that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Tell your emotions are getting the best of you right now. I think you need to take a break. Everyone needs to breathe. We're just trying to figure out what's going on between Janine and Charlie and the figure out. Well, we need to let them talk to there. Yeah, Jeanine right now, because Charlie has been listening this entire time. He does want to talk to you, Yes, about what I mean, Charlie, now's your moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean there's really nothing to say at this point. I mean, she's just a child, and this is like.
Speaker 7: No, this is ridiculous to bring me on the radio like this, Like what is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: I have a feeling he's not going to get another date for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we all know this is I think he's mad, Jeff for some reasons.
Speaker 3: He's not manipulating her back with his tears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, Janine, do you feel so bad for him?
Speaker 7: No? Why would I? I mean it was a date.
Speaker 6: It's not like either of us had anything like serious going and he was willing to buy it, So why wouldn't I.
Speaker 2: I mean, any point were you actually interested in him? Because it sounds like you're just using him to get stuff.
Speaker 7: I'm not just using him, I'm using all the guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, and you've you've figured out the key to manipulating men is just shed a few tears and then they'll do whatever you ask them for.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Like I don't even have to be on a date with them. You know, they could be sitting next to me at a bar or something and I just cry a little bit, get something.
Speaker 4: Everybody. Everybody's gonna think you're a basket case and you're a crazy lunatic.
Speaker 6: Or people can just think I'm controlling my emotions in a smart way.
Speaker 7: I mean, I got five hundred bucks off a car the other day.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's a good deal. Actually need to do that, listen.
Speaker 2: I just feel like, Janine, I hear that you're angry at men and you just want to use them, Like maybe you could channel that energy in a different way, go bigger. I don't know, person nice, Yeah.
Speaker 7: I have an idea. Why don't you'll just shut the up?
Speaker 3: I think that was directed towards you Brook. Yeah, okay, I mean.
Speaker 7: All of y'all everything to one of you.
Speaker 1: Wait, she just hung out for sure we were going to get a date.
Speaker 4: I can't believe that's alf that. I really thought she was going to do something. I mean, you guys did too, right, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, yeah, I know the whole room kind of fell for it, but I didn't. I knew the entire time. I mean, let's be respectful of this goal. Remember that that sounds like a perfect impersonation of me Jeff in the morning. You know, here's the question that we didn't ask. Has anybody in this room fake cried before? Oh yeah, I feel like someone here has definitely tried to cry to get out of a speeding ticket at least once. And if that's true, then we are no better than that woman on the phone. You faked it before.
Speaker 2: Now I've really cried, I've gotten pulled over. It really hicked, but it still got the freaking ticket.
Speaker 1: So I was still cry. I mean no, it was it was real.
Speaker 3: Though the officer was like, come on, man, this is not going to work. You're the twelfth woman to try to manipulate me with. I see tears, but I still don't believe that. I do like the idea though. Crying isn't a sign of weakness. It's a tool of manipulation. Frame crying into something positive. We can be manipulated into helping our listeners if you send us an email with a bunch of crying emojis on it, and I will feel obligated to take action. That action might be to drag your email right into the trash, or it could be to help.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 3: Might as well reach out and.
Speaker 1: Find out they just said the second part, Yeah, we will.
Speaker 3: Try to help. Just email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back, and go check out all of our second dates. Yeah, you find them online where you gets your podcast? That Brooke and Jeffrey