Speaker 1: I never I've never had pink Ey, but I mean, I feel like it's just a rite of passage for most children at some point.
Speaker 2: I don't think i've had pink guy either. Yeah, maybe I did. When I was a kid. I was getting real up in people's asses with my eyes. You know. Look, I never had lice up there. But Miles, you don't have lice exactly, but mice there. You're like, You're like, Jack, I got lice right now, But.
Speaker 1: Miles, you don't have hair not up here.
Speaker 2: Actually, oh no, And that's the red band head and shoulder is commercial. But Troy Paula Malu, Yeah, but I don't see flakes. I'm not talking about up here, Honey. I love that Troy pal Malu is still a spokes person the Beautiful. Yeah, he does have just some of the most gorgeous locks. Man, if only I were a Polynesian. I think that every day, my week, but my bald head all solved if I were tongin. Every day we come on here, you know that monologue and Goodwill hunting where he's like every day when I come to pick you up, I fucking hope you're not there, bro. I have the sten to every day we sign onto this podcast. I hope you're Polynesian. Yeah, thank you, thank you, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three point fifty nine, episode four of Daily's I Guys Say, production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's share consciousness. We are America's only undecided podcast. We're just out here still trying to make up our mind. Which one which side on? Flagrant? On the Flagrant pod. Dude, I'm like, damn, bro, he's so chill. Yeah, what a podcast, guess. Anyways, it's Thursday, Yeah, October tenth ten, two four, good buddy. A lot of cake based things. It's angel Food Cake Day, It's National Cake Decorating Day. And that's about it for cakes. Then you got National metric play first of all, National Metric Day.
Speaker 1: That can't be for us because we are hostile towards the metric system in this in this household. I mean, I like to pretend I treat the metric system like a book I've never read.
Speaker 2: And I go, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah, about four meters yeah, four km yeah yeah, that's a good size for a car. Wait, this is a good one. National walk to a park day, because you're talking about walking, getting out there, being amongst nature, and we have look in La we have plenty of places you can go to do that kind of thing. And I'm sure just keep your fun can head on a swivel with these drivers is a hey, yeah, as you're walking. As you're walking, keep your eyes, cut off your eyelids. To quote Mike Tomlin, the football coach, cut off your eyelids and keep your head on this. Keep your head on a swivel, exactly. But enjoy, enjoy yourself, enjoy the nature. But it's fucking mad max out there man. Anyways. My name's Jack O'Brien aka. I was down at the cafe with one of my kids when the tune they played had him dancing a jig. I should end the song to see what it was, but I wish I had intended to all because it's neck on yacht. It was the song neck on yacht, not neack on yacht. It's about getting neck on a yacht. It's neck on yacht a lot dirtier than I thought. It's not on a yacht. The first words are I'm getting neck on a yacht. Wow. That one curtisy Van prove. Even then, I kept saying neck on yacht. It's neck on a yacht. I thought it was neck on yacht, which I thought just meant like I'm wearing a cool chain or No, it's neck on a yacht. And the first words are I'm getting neck on a yacht. Yeah, neck on a yacht.
Speaker 1: Four, my six year old, neck on yacht sounds like the title of like an abstract painting.
Speaker 2: You're like, this is neck on yacht.
Speaker 1: It was in nineteen seventy four, and we will start the bidding at four hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Twas not that anyways. Shout out to Gunna, I think, and my six year old who likes Gunna in an abstract sense, although I don't think he knows what neck on a yacht means. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Grass. This Miles Gray aka my podcast Acid. Don't my podcast ascid, don't my podcast ascid, don't have pass? They call me ten din back, Okay.
Speaker 3: Shout out to el Sion Salad, just talking about you know, this senatory lifestyle of podcasting has caused I would call it gluteo atrophy, perhaps that I'm currently combating with daily bike riding, squats, wall sits and the like.
Speaker 1: And we did I think Jack, you said it was like I just had a long achilles tend.
Speaker 2: Just goes from my heel all the way up to your Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tended back, but it's but it's sending back, but the booty is trending back.
Speaker 2: So don't worry.
Speaker 1: I will keep you on when it's when it's photo worthy, I will.
Speaker 2: I will post, I will post. And I've been talking about this since I went to the louver that I used to people used to have asses. According to sculptures from the ancient Greeks, people had asses, and that we can only dream of Juesdays. Yeah, Juicius Maximus. Anyways, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined once again by a comedian, a New York Times best selling author and relationship expert with a master's in psychology. No big deal. Her new book is I Do I Think Conversations about Modern Marriage? You know her from just between Us. It's the brilliant and talented Alison Erasca. Oh thanks for coming on. I feel like the last couple of times I've missed you when we've had a guest host. Yeah, due to I think maybe my marriage or child.
Speaker 4: I took it personally either way, I know, I know, yeah, before this it was very contentious.
Speaker 2: When I said it on, You're like.
Speaker 5: Oh, well, no Joy, all right, oh you got fired from your shift at the asshole Factory.
Speaker 2: I was doing stuff, Allison. No, thanks for coming on, and I'm glad we get to do this face to face. And I think since the last time face to face on zoom, I think since the last time you were on the New York Times best selling might be and also the Masters in Psychology, I'm.
Speaker 4: Writing that, I'm writing the New York Times bestseller. I'm writing that from a while ago. But I'm gonna write it right into my grave because you say it forever.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, but.
Speaker 4: The masters is you? Yes, I graduated last August.
Speaker 2: Congratulation, Thank you. What's that you are a master of psychology? What a great thing to be a master of? Well?
Speaker 4: It isn'tntil people want you to fix all their problems.
Speaker 2: For you, you know, right, Yeah, a couple of stories.
Speaker 4: The problem is that I then want to do it, even though in my head I'm going this is not ethical. You're not a licensed therapist.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to do this.
Speaker 4: But then I'm like, yeah, here's exactly.
Speaker 2: What you should do, right, right.
Speaker 1: I was just talking about like how it's underrated, how people like how the comic book characters that appeal to you just kind of reveal a lot about what's going on inside of you. And I was like, maybe I'll send you a list of comic book characters. You can kind of help me work through those, because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all toxic masculinity. But yeah, thanks, Yeah, I'm rigid.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's my problem. Oh man, how long?
Speaker 2: What's what's that process like of.
Speaker 1: Being like, you know what, I'm gonna go get my master's in psychology, like after you've had like a career and done so many things.
Speaker 4: Well, part of it was the panic of being in the entertainment industry, and so I originally went back because I was like, I don't know if this is sustainable. I should get a license to be a therapist, you know, as a backup plan, right. But then during the process of getting the degree, I had a few successes and I felt more secure in my writing career, and I also just realized that being like a licensed therapist didn't really jive with who I am, because you're just supposed to not really you know, reveal every intimate detail about yourself and have hundreds of hours of you talking about everything on the internet for your future clients to be able to watch, right, Right, So I was like, Okay, that doesn't quite make sense for me to do it in that capacity, but I'm still so interested in this, and I still really care a lot about mental health advocacy and about writing about mental health, and so I sort of shifted from the mindset of like one on one work and instead wanting to be able to sort of do it from like a larger perspective, like a you know, like writing and like sharing us as sort of like the funnel from experts who do have that license to people who maybe can't access therapy, don't know about therapy, aren't interested, or just like can't afford it, or just supplemental for people that are already in therapy. And so it took me three and a half years because I did it pretty slowly, and I also switched degrees in the middle from clinical psychology to just psychology, right, So I took a ton of classes, I did not need to take Those are the ones where I actually learned stuff. So I'm like when they say education for the sake of education, in this case, that did work out for me, right, But I can't be happier not to be in school anymore. I don't like it. It's not fun for me.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's like especially in La right, with a lot of with the industry being cooked in the manner that it is at the moment, I know it's it's dying. Uh yeah.
Speaker 1: I know a few people who are like, I think we're gonna be a lawyer now.
Speaker 2: We're starting to have to listen to our parents were like yeah, okay, And.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, I guess I did. I guess I did get this degree so I could teach history, so all right, yeah yeah, show up at my old high school.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh my god, dude, okay.
Speaker 4: Wild is like, you can't even get the jobs that Like a few years ago, people were like, oh, I guess I'll go do this. Now they're like, no, no, you don't have five years of relevant experience to this exact job, so we're not hiring you.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, all right, Allison, We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of the things we're talking about today. We've got a powerful new pull from out of the Trump world world that involves airplane napkins for some reason. So we'll talk about that because I don't I don't like this news at all. Things are things are looking grim for the wild Yeah, huge, if true. We're gonna talk about the crypto industry and just generally who is funding, who is donating to politics. I feel like it's been a pretty good radar of like what the world is going to look like years into the future if you just look at who is donating hundreds of millions of dollars to politicians. And so we're gon we're gonna look at who's donating in this upcoming to this upcoming election. We'll talk about Wimbledon has now accepted AI. They're accepting the future. They're going to be using the electronic line judges for the Wimbledon tennis tournament Wimbledon and it's property. Yeah, there's like kind of an interesting ultier your motive behind them doing that? That is a little troubling and sinister. All of that plenty more. But first, Alison, We do like to ask our guest what is something from your search history?
Speaker 4: So I'm currently working on a like a short form piece for Cosmo UK, and so my history right now is just like divorce rates in Wales. Boo, how high is Boomer divorce rates? Just like me, desperately trying to gather information about how frequently people are getting divorced.
Speaker 2: How the marriages are going in Wales. Yeah, how are the Welsh doing in the marriage?
Speaker 4: Well, UK and Wales, the overall divorce rate is down, but the divorce rate among people sixty and up is is has increased.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's what I'm hearing, like kind of across the board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that kind of like with people just kind of just being like, I don't need to stick around for this.
Speaker 4: Well, Boomers have like the highest divorce rate, like of any general and I think it's because a lot of them got married, because I think they had to get married, and now they're like, oh, actually I don't need this anymore and I'm miserable, So right right.
Speaker 2: Right, They they like stay together for the kids and then are all getting divorced once the kids are in college.
Speaker 4: Essentially, Is that kind of every couple is different. But I think that that now that society just accepts divorce, right, then it's just like more of a possibility for people without it feeling like, you know, life or death to have to ent.
Speaker 1: Your marriage right right, And I feel like divorce him is like the thing a reply you see constantly on the internet nowadays too.
Speaker 4: It's just like often warranted.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, of course, of course, yeah, because I think a lot of times people it's weird when you see people asking for advice on the internet and they're describing like such function situation, yeah, and they're like I just don't know what to do, and you're like, oh, oh, please advocate for yourself, and mentioned this.
Speaker 2: To anyone before. But it's like really particular about like dressing me every morning, right right. It's like Jesus Christ, I can't be trusted with using open flames in our kitchen. It's just very it's very hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah that that to be fair. My my husband will probably say I couldn't be trusted with that either.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I set the microwave on fire a bit.
Speaker 2: And go, wow, that put a chip bag in, like a metallic chip bag in there that actually started on fire. I seen it. I've like fucked up and like left something metallic in there long enough for sparks to start. Yeah, I've never like I've never known it to be like that flammable.
Speaker 4: Well, my mistake was I got away with it once.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure I like used aluminum oil once or something and it was fine. And then I was like everyone's been lying. I did it the second time and it was a full fire.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: What's wild about having anxiety, like an anxiety disorder since I was like four years old, is that I'm incredible in a crisis. Like everything has prepared me for that to happen. So like the microwave caught a fire and I was like, ah, yes, and I just like very calmly put it out and had almost no reaction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like one of those like comic book characters who's like living every single timeline at once. It's like, no, I know this outcome already, I've lived it.
Speaker 4: But then if I'm running late to a meeting, I like have a heart attack.
Speaker 2: So right this one. Yeah, that was the thing. As kids we used to do take Rice Krispy treats. Remember the rice Krispy treats are like blue metallic wrapper. Oh yeah, and then you put them in the microwave and then they'd shrink if the yeah, kids don't do this, get warning, do not do this. And this was stupid nineties kids shit. And you could do that with like the little snack chip bags, like the ones you put in your lunch bag, like Dorito's. You could they would shrink down in size for like just the little teensiest bit of microwave energy. Yeah, anyway, to what end smiled.
Speaker 4: Just to see that happen was exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you'd be like, look, it's all tiny, like it would just shrink up. And then you'd be like it's all hard as a rock and tiny.
Speaker 1: And then you would, I don't know, just bring it to school and just choke it.
Speaker 2: But you know, no more snack or you did obviously it's what you did with the trash. You get to have fun with the trag. You don't even think.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, that's interesting to me.
Speaker 2: No, it was just shrinking the wrapper.
Speaker 4: Now everything got shrunk and you made like.
Speaker 2: Doll yeah right right right, I'm like rick moranas and honey drunk or some sh and then you can like keep it with you on like long flights or something you have like dehydrated tiny snacks.
Speaker 1: I've created the most colorically dense snack on your.
Speaker 2: I mean marshmallows. You put a marshmallow in the microwave, that motherfucker blows up. Like That's the closest I've ever felt to the power of a moranas is like you put you put a marshall and that that thing will get big on you, and that thing will get big on you, that thing will get that thing will blow up like a tick on you. There. Yeah. Yeah, I've been a dad for too long. What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 4: I think something that's really underrated is reading a book right before you go to bed. This has been a part of my routine, I think maybe since I could read, and it's really a wonderful way to fall asleep because I think a lot of us are on our phones, and I definitely have my phone time before my kindle time. But something about reading like a book and not be not scrolling it kind of like it sets us time for you every day that you're reading, because I know so many people who like want to read, but then are like, but when do I do it? But if you have, as we call it in my home, reading time, oh or bed everywhere every day?
Speaker 2: Can I use that?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: It would mean a lot of such trademark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, reading time, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, reading time? Is it just like is it more like because I get obviously like the the scroll, it just kind of gets your mind active in ways.
Speaker 1: It's not great before bed. The light cannot be great like in your circadian rhythms, but it is also like it's probably you might do like you're more maybe aware like as you doze when you read, like oh oh I'm dozing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like it kind of like I mean, obviously if you're reading something that's like so gripping, but even if you're reading a book you like, it can't kind of like help you fall into sleep and like get tired. And then you also just know that like every day you're reading at least a little bit, which is nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Falling into sleep is a nice way to describe it as opposed to falling asleep. Falling into sleep, I don't fall asleep. I tread water until I sink to quote, yeah, I think Billy would. So you said you're not scrolling, But how do you get to the next part of the book. It's been a while since I've read a book.
Speaker 4: But is it okay? It's a.
Speaker 2: It's a.
Speaker 4: Were you like it's a it's a left to right instead of it up to down. Oh okay, okay, in a way, I am still scrolling, but the interface of a kindle doesn't have that bad light the same like whatever it's called.
Speaker 2: Blue written a book to my kid and he kept trying to scroll to the next page. I feel like that's the thing somebody would make up for Twitter kept trying to pinch and zoom in on the word. He couldn't understand. It's not your iPad. What is something that you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: I think independence is overrated. I'm like really anti being independent these days. I I don't think you should be co dependent, but I think there's a sweet spot called interdependence, where like you let your self depend on other people they depend on you, but you also go out and have your own life. And I think that, like, especially American culture is just like no, you must be able to do everything on your own, and that's just like not not nice and often not feasible. So I'm anti.
Speaker 2: Independence, sure sure, sure not. According to this little declaration of independence that I keep on me at all times, we need a declaration of interdependence. If interdependence yeah, yeah, belong to a club. Why they have friends? Yeah, you just have.
Speaker 1: We just have trouble asking for help, you know what I mean. That's like where the independence mindset comes in. It's like I don't need help.
Speaker 2: I can do this.
Speaker 1: Where that's to your point, Like, that's the most fulfilling part of having relationships with people is that you can be like I need help, and then you have people like Hi, can I help you? And you're like, wow, this is this is cool. I don't have to bootstrap my way out of this narrobleson.
Speaker 2: When that person shows up. I'm just smoking a cigarette sand the person next to me. Who's this guy who's beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it, creep? I need help, man, I help you get the fuck out the fuck out of here. WHOA look at this creep? What do you think I mean? Like?
Speaker 1: Are is that sort of like the main like or how how do you sort of make sense of your of embracing interdependence versus independence?
Speaker 4: I think yeah, it's that balance of like actually accepting the help and then also like being comfortable relying on on somebody. Right, So, as we talked about before we started recording, my mom passed away like two and a half weeks ago, and it was horrible, and she died from a very rare, awful disease called c JD. But like so many people showed up for us and helped, and like my sister's friends were like taking care of her children, like my friends were like doing stuff for me in Los Angeles. Like it was just like a period of time where like we just like actively needed help and then to like realize that people not only could do that, but like wanted to do that. There were even times were like I didn't necessarily need someone to do something, but I could tell that they would just want to do Yeah. Yeah, Like you.
Speaker 2: Have garbage you need taken out, I'll fucking come throw your garbage out and bring some whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like literally yeah, And so I think it just like really, I mean, it was something I'd obviously already been thinking a lot about, you know, having this whole book on marriage coming out, and been researching, you know, marriage for the last few years. But just just like, really, you know solidified for me that like, none of this is really worth it if we don't have people in our lives that we like, care about and connect with and show up for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and at a like Zeitgey's news level, I mean, as we're recording this, Hurricane Milton is a few hours away from making landfall. But I mean we talked about yesterday that Wow, the mainstream media wants to focus on, you know, looting and acts of violence that happened in the wake of these hurricanes. Like really the overwhelming account that you get from these sorts of disasters is like other people helping one another. But like you said, like we're in a disaster and a really difficult moment, like people show up for one another. It's just like when it's at this level of like abstraction of you know, institutions, that things start to get fucked up.
Speaker 4: But yeah, and just like with the way society is built, like you can't just like go get a regular job and then buy yourself the house the way that you used to and or like that some people were able to, and so now there's this like I don't know, there's just like this weirdness around like depending on your parents or depending on like your extended family, but you have to like a lot of times, like that's the best option. And I think that like we've built so much guilt around that when like, in reality, like it's like a privilege to be able to maybe depend on your parents, even though you grew up thinking by thirty five, I shouldn't have to anymore.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, for sure, Yeah, we need the system is fucked. We need the help, so take it. Yeah, people want to give it.
Speaker 1: If you can to give the help, if you can to, yes, if somebody is definitely willing to accept it, usually all right.
Speaker 2: Let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and we'll talk about somebody who took some help from her father in law. We'll be right back. And we're back. And this is the time of year where everybody there's a lot of nervous energy. People want to know what's going on with the election. This is when you start getting the stories about the store that sells merch from both Like I think it was like t shirts from both from both campaigns, and every year, whoever they sell the most of or like cups they sell, whoever they sell the most cups from ends up winning. Like people are just looking for any story that will tell them who's going to win the election, and the reality is absolutely nobody knows.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I think, well, the thing is too there's also this thing that the right is doing in the build up to this election, right, there's like constant alarmism from con conservatives or it's like illegal voting, especially when you're looking at things like Mike Rogers, who's running for the Senate in Michigan. He may have illegally voted by claiming an address of like a place that was uninhabitable. That's another news story that you know will probably develop over you know, that coming weeks or not. But they're also like, you know, it's about seating this idea of the narrative that this this election has already been.
Speaker 1: Won by Republicans in their supporter's mind. So if they begin to contest things, they sort of the framing is there to be like what the fuck they stole it from us? But it's the anecdotal stuff that you hear a lot of, like like you're saying, Jack, like they'll be people like I was just with nine thousand black cops and they are all voting for Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: They just told me this is going to be a huge win. I was with forty two cricket farmers and they said they they went from Biden to Trump. This thing's in the bag. Like, okay, I mean I did this the other day. I don't know if we ended up talking about it on Mike, but I talked to you, Miles where I was like, I just saw this TikTok. Oh. Yeah. I was interviewing people at an Arizona State Fair and everyone was saying Trump, We're fucked.
Speaker 1: I know, like, come on, it's over, men, Oh my god, it's fucked. So Laura Trump was recently on Laura Ingram Show, and if you know Lara Trump, she is the wife of Eric the Lesser, and she also got her hands dirty with a bit of anecdotal forecasting. And I just want to play this because this is a very this again. Oh man, hold on to your butts. If true, it's over. If true, pack your bag your escape plan. Yeah, please pack your bags up for Canadia.
Speaker 2: If true. So here she is talking about the secret sauce and the tea leaves she's been reading out there in America.
Speaker 8: No one buys that Kamala Harris has the capability to do that job. And polls like that I think are absolutely ridiculous. I get slipped beverage napkins every time I get on an airplane saying we can't wait to vote for Trump. Go Trump Trump twenty twenty four, or people just coming up to me these days were everywhere I go saying how excited they are to get out and vote and vote early when you go vote for Donald Trump?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, wow wow. Every time she boards a plane or sliding her airplane napkins just before they put the beverage on top of it.
Speaker 4: Here's where the story falls apart. Yeah, nobody carries pens anymore. No, no one has the ability to write on your napkin anymore.
Speaker 2: Why are they using the same communication method that people who are being held hostage used to alert authorities that like a refill? Help me? Also, every every plane you're on, like maybe because maybe because you're flying on private planes specifically chartered by the fucking campaign, Is that what you're Are you flying commercial all the time? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just from what I understand, I believe that they're flying on you know, campaign chartered aircraft but that's okay, that works too, and it is it is wild to think. It's like someone who would recognize you and would even want to get near you in public would also be a Republican, right, and.
Speaker 4: That you would let anyone get near you in public?
Speaker 2: That I also yeah, yeah, right right right?
Speaker 4: Hell did you ever? Are you guys? Nathan? For you fans?
Speaker 2: Oh, I love it? Love it?
Speaker 4: Can I figured because they like canon? But you know that, so we're here engineers that whole story that he can tell on late night shows. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so he's not lying, Yeah, he's not lying, but he sets up this elaborate things so that you can say it. I feel like this is what they're doing. They're like hiring people to give them napkins saying they're voting for Trump.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine that scenario though too. She's like she bored a plane. She's like, do you mind handing me these napkins? Take my drink? Order? What? Just please hand it to me. I'll give you five hundred bucks. Okay, right, here's your napkin? Miss Oh wow? Oh do you see this? It says we're voting early for Oh my god, bless your heart. So that happened, and I'm not lying. Is that a way that people communicate with each other, like sending, like in a way that isn't unless they're like in trouble of some sort. I mean that's like millennial gen X, Like that's school note passing was obviously a thing, like you know, you would write a long winded when you would just communicate in notes in school and you would fill out like a line sheet of paper front to back with like the thing is, man like I know you as I know you asked for a homecoming, but like the thing is like we have something going before you ask and like doing all this kind of weird shit that feels like that. Do kids do that? Do they do y'all? Do y'all pass notes? Still? Is that a thing?
Speaker 4: Like I don't know, I mean, are they on their laptops and they can just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just like electronically text each other. Do Yeah, I'm revealing my age? Okay, thank you?
Speaker 1: Pretty super producer Victor said, yeah, we texted, Okay, that's fine. I was whatever that eleven Yeah when nine to eleven happened, I was a junior in high school. Okay, so hold that, Yeah, that that makes sense that makes sense. But yeah, the pen thing too, I mean, I guess you might have a pen. I'm always like forgetting to pack a pen. Whenever I travel, I always try to make sure have a pen.
Speaker 2: And it's international flights, I've like not had a pen and the flight attendance like don't have pens when you have to like fill out that form, Like.
Speaker 1: Right, they probably because they probably get stolen all the time. They're like, yeah, man, these motherfuckers stole on my pens.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do? But again, anyone who recognizes her is probably like a fucking mont Blanc wielding Republican piece of shit who's you know. I can imagine that like one person per flight is on board. It is still kind of mind blowing. We'll get into this in like the political donations section. Well let's just move on to that. But it's wild, like one of the melon people is like full boat one hundred million dollar donation to Trump like that, it does seem like the rich have just openly declared war on all of us at this d Yeah, they're really the fucking worst.
Speaker 1: It's because they started moving at light speed during the pandemic with all that wealth, accumulation and now they're like, well, this party can't do not pump them breaks on this thing. I'm sorry, Like, you know what, what was it, like it went up eighty eight percent or something?
Speaker 2: Their wealth we talked about some just eighty eight percent. The yeah, billionaire wealth went up eighty eight percent in the past four years. Like hosts, everybody being like, this is this is an unbelievably huge problem. They have way too much money. Their wealth has gone up eighty eight percent. Yeah, they've just gotten Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: So like along with this, like right, huge amounts of money affecting political outcomes. Right now, Senate races are tightening in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio. And if things go the wrong way, uh, this would potentially give the Republicans a majority in the Senate they haven't had since twenty sixteen. And if Kamala ends up winning the White House, that would be disastrous for any kind of confirmation process of cabinet positions or judges, because at that point you don't really have control over it in terms of a Republican enter cabinet though, So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, say, what do you think about that? I don't think anything good.
Speaker 2: I fucking hate it. Blowing it so hard, don't right crazy.
Speaker 4: I was so cocon utpilled like back in the summer, and now I'm just like, oh my god, please let this be overkilled.
Speaker 2: Look it was.
Speaker 1: It was a brat summer and now we're in the hangover fall and we're moving to the right in.
Speaker 4: Every rapidly, rapidly moving to the right.
Speaker 2: Just purely listening to the same Democratic strategists who have fucked the Democratic Party for the past, you know, don't get progressive.
Speaker 4: And it's interesting because it's like, in the moment she chose walls, it was like, and now I shall mess everything up.
Speaker 2: Everything else bad way, pretty good rollout, and yeah, I will continue to this. So anyway one race, I think that should be getting a lot of attention, and it is, I think purely because of the Senate math. But the I think is important is Shared Brown's reelection campaign in Ohio. So he is the chair of the Senate Banking Committee, and that's a very very powerful position when it comes to the financial sector. And he's been a vocal critic of crypto currencies and the need for regulation. And it is for this very reason that a crypto pack is spending forty million dollars to unseat him. Forty million dollars to unseat him.
Speaker 1: Fair shake, which is the industries like Crypto's super pack, they have raised just over two hundred million dollars this cycle. To put that into perspective, right, the next industry group that comes in second place in terms of money raised, that's coke industries, you know, we know them, the big government. They've raised a paltry twenty six million dollars for this cycle, and we're talking one hundred hundred from million from Crypto. And it's right now, Crypto is accounting for almost half of the corporate spending this election cycle. So they're tactic are just to carpet bomb the airwaves with ads. But in some races, like in Shared Brown's race, like it's just NonStop ads and they have nothing to do with Crypto. It's just they're just helping Marino, his opponent. They're just trying to help him win as much as possible. So aside from the airwaves stuff, sometimes they don't even have to spend money to get people to bend to their will. They'll just threaten to make it rain on a politician's opponent to get them in line. So the earlier this is from Slate quote. Earlier this year, Fairshake indicated it would enter the spending arena without announcing which candidate it would support. Soon after. This is like the in the Montana race. Soon after, vulnerable incumbent Democrat John Tester, who has criticized the industry in the past, voted to pass pro crypto legislation. So their big pet project here is to try and get this crypto friendly legislation passed that would in order to sort of gain legitimacy as a financial product and escape the oversight authority of the SEC. And this is again from the same Slight article. In forty two of the primary races where crypto backed super PACs intervened, the crypto sector one it's preferred outcome in thirty six, in just two cycles of spending, crypto corporations now ranked second in total election related spending and in the over the past fourteen years the entirety of the Citizens United Era. Okay, they've be just two cycles. It took them to fucking hit like just to get to second place. They quote they trail only fossil fuel corporations, which have spent one hundred and seventy six million over that same period. And it's not just Republicans that are benefiting.
Speaker 2: Democrats are also getting hit with cash in other races.
Speaker 1: If they've been friendly towards these kinds of bills, then they are being rewarded with financial support. But it's clear that Republicans are much more willing to help here, so therefore they're getting a larger share of these dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just all the future is so yeah, Like, if you want to see what the industry, what industries are going to run slash ruin the future, you just have to look at who is donating the most across the board, and the future is going to be so stupid.
Speaker 4: Like crypto, I just can't understand it. And at times I'm like, am I just like too old or or are stupid to just understand what the appeal of crypto is? But what if maybe I'm not and it just doesn't really make much sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think for those in the beginning, it was very idealistic. We're it's sort of like, you know, this is a decentralized form of currency that can operate outside of these you know, like the World Bank and these forces of corruptive forces. And now if they're just becoming centralized entities, it's yeah, so that's gone.
Speaker 4: But I think the other they're still being influenced by, like the greater markets right right, and go up and down and up and down.
Speaker 1: And I think what's interesting here though, too, is because a lot of people have made money in cryptocurrencies, it's more people are trying to get in on it, and now they see it as a way to protect their investor. It's an investment. So now they're now motivated to also vote. Like, let me just play an ad. There's like a thing where they're there. They have like things like I'm a crypto voter, and that's kind of I'll just play this so you could understand. This is kind of the messaging to people to understand, to say, like, we also have numbers out there, and this is how we can sort of get them. We can turn that into votes in an election.
Speaker 9: To be an American is to embrace the innovation. And that's where blockchain and crypto come into play. Crypto equals innovation, innovation equals jobs. That's why I'm a crypto voter. Don't let anyone else decide your future. Make a plan to vote.
Speaker 1: That's from stand with crypto, which is another pack. But again and you and you see this with people that are invested in cryptocurrencies, to get this sort of legitimacy as a financial product would be huge for their investments. So now people are incentivized with their own investments to voter sor so it's it's a huge thing. That's why I think big tech is realizing they have a lot of numbers for people that are invested in their platforms or use their platforms that then they can you know, turn that into a formidable voting block. And yeah, the money being spent is just like will cause it would cause people's eyes to bleed twenty years ago even because yeah, a lot of people are like looking at it, like I've never seen people just put this much money towards just getting one bill passed. And you know, the like to your point, Jack, you can see that other industries are looking at im like, oh, you know, we used to just keep like friendly politicians there and give them sort of bills that they can vote on or whatever. But now just to go whole hog to say we need to get this one thing done and make everyone bend to our will just may become even more so than new normal. I think it was just happening at a smaller rate than what we're seeing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now with Citizens United, it's just open robbery.
Speaker 1: Right, And I think another reason why people are always calling for election reforms with this kind of thing, because Yeah, it allows someone to just step in and say, I will spend forty million dollars to get to scare you. Are you ready to now play ball? And yeah, and it again seems to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Open Secrets did a dive into like who is donating to the Republicans and Democrats this time around? And like I said, one of the melon psions is donating one hundred million dollars to Trump the which, by the way, like that that is a great example of like a thing where if you look at how money is being spent, you can see the future, Like the money that was spent by these dynastics, like these families with dynastic fortunes like the Melons and the Getty's and all those people. Like since the late seventies, they've just been spending, spending, spending in politics, and the rate of that those types of people have been taxed has gone way way down to like now, the average tax rate of the top point zero one percent has fallen by more than half to about thirty percent, while rates for the bottom ninety percent of people have climbed slightly. So they are getting better and better deals and the rest of the world is getting fucked, and so that it makes sense that that these people are continuing to spend and get trying to it's an investment that actually gets you in return.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I can't even imagine the need for like more than one hundred million dollars, right, there is none. Like I'm like, I'm not above a hundred million dollars. I'd love it, I welcome it, But at that point it's like, okay, cool, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You won't hear from me anymore.
Speaker 4: I'm fine, right, I'm chilling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will.
Speaker 1: Lay down for a long time. That's that's probably what I'll do. Yeah, I mean, I think that's why it's always just you know, like when you get like these billions of dollars in wealth, you're just like this, there's this isn't sustainable because if it's all about this like explosive growth that that that comes from somewhere else, that comes out of other people's pockets, or rather the inability of other people to fill their own, you know, bank accounts with actual money that is needed.
Speaker 4: So I feel like that's the disconnect is people are like, well, why shouldn't people be allowed to make a lot of money, And it's like, well, they are, but there's no way to make that much money and have been ethical throughout the whole process and have like, had every single person working for you been paid fairly and you still have that much money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. And it's just a Lena Gomez and she doesn't want to talk about being a billionaire. That's just still so funny to me. She's like, I'd rather not talk about money and being a billionaire. Please just.
Speaker 4: Give it away and then you won't have to talk about it.
Speaker 2: That's the nine hundred million dollars of it, and we'd be fine with you. The good will these fuckers would generate from just being like, you know what, dude, I only need Like I fuck, I don't even mean like I think I just need eighty million for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: I'm seventy years old. I think I'll be fine with eighty million dollars for the rest of it. I'm giving the rest away. The people would be erecting fucking statues, yeah for that kind of thing. But no, it's more just like how do we protect this, how do we create more loopholes to keep our wealth? And how do we again cozy up to people that are fine watching everything fall apart, but hey, we get to keep our money.
Speaker 2: Like Open Secrets has like the just these industry breakdowns and like air transport donated ten point five million dollars to Trump, like real estate ten point four million. But I just like I can't, I can't believe that it's now just like is Delta Airlines? Like I didn't dig in deeper, but like, are these like major corporations just like donating. Yeah, that's like Boeing.
Speaker 1: Boeing is the large like in that category. Because then within transport there's air transport, there's also airlines, which would be like the Deltas of it all, but they also give money. Yeah, like ups, they they're all I mean, because.
Speaker 2: That's just how it is.
Speaker 1: You have to you have to get in bed so you can get favorable looks when it comes to regulation or you know, not.
Speaker 2: Regulating, even when one of them one of the options is just like Nazis. They're just like, no, well, a delta. We believe in everybody gouging. Yeah, yeah, I believe in both price gouging and everybody having a free the freedom to express their beliefs. Exactly. It's a corporate kleptocracy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, what's happening with Milton Like the fact that these airlines are literally raising their prices so that people cannot die, and like the government is just like, okay, no problem, that's capitalism.
Speaker 2: Baby, Yeah, that's capitalism.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping that they have the.
Speaker 2: Freedom to evacuate and we have the freedom to get rich, right, Just.
Speaker 4: Like, at what point will people be like, huh, this doesn't make sense, maybe we should change this.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's where I think people know it doesn't make sense. But enough people who have who have like the microphones to sort of shape public discourse, they're not saying it right. Like the American Prospect I think reached out to a couple of the economists who are like slamming Kamala Harris because she deigned to say, like, it's corporate price gouging that's driving up prices.
Speaker 2: We need to get a handle on that.
Speaker 1: They asked them, like the in light of what's what happened in the aftermath of Hellene and with Milton and price gouging happening, They're like, do you think that this is bad?
Speaker 2: Now? Like is do you think this necessitates some kind of intervention? And they kind of were like, well, I mean, you know, kind of like.
Speaker 1: They just were not very forceful on it, which, you know, I think is pretty revealing because, like the their whole perspective is sort of aligning with what a corporation would want to do, or you know, what the free market should be doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and we'll do our we'll do the sports section, We'll go to our sports guy for some sports updates. We'll be right back, and we'ren't back. We're back, and hey, here's a fun story. Wimbledon is announcing that they're breaking with one hundred and forty seven years of tradition.
Speaker 1: Stop there. I love that, I love it, I love anyone going. We're breaking with one hundred and forty seven years of what could it be? No more strawberries and cream being.
Speaker 2: No more strawberries and cream. They're now playing on sand instead of grass. There they're scrapping the human line judges in favor of an electronic system that's powered by artificial intelligence. Well yeah, okay, in many ways, I do think this is like one of the things that we should be using AI for is like a scientific thing that determined that just like tells you a piece of information. It's like, yes, if meta needs to use AI to like better diagnose different maladies, please by all means to decode protein shapes, like yes, great, to like tell if a ball went in or not? What could go? Fine?
Speaker 1: Fine, yeah, versus some like racist guy who's like I don't know if that did that did happen?
Speaker 2: So that whole hawkeye thing, which is like where in you know, professional tennis players can basically challenge a call made by the line judge and then they go to this thing called hawky God. Hawks are having such a moment right now, yea to hawk. They're they're killing it the.
Speaker 4: Atlanta Hawks for the Atlanta Hawks this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, those two things are big though. But and then like it tells you if it's in or not. That that's that's like what that feels like. Okay, that is what computers should be used for. Of course, Wimbledon has dabbled with AI in other ways in recent years, and it hasn't always gone so well. They had an AI online feature called catch Me Up that featured player profiles that just like weren't correct. They were like this young up and comer and it was like a thirty six year old person on the like at the end of their career and stuff is just you know, the shit that AI is terrible at that companies insist on using it for right, But yeah, they they first started using Hawkey because there was this like controversy where like early in Serena Williams's career, she was playing Jennifer Capriotti and like this line judge just kept calling all of Serena's shots out and people are like, huh, Like even the even the TV people were like like, we can see like from up here that that was the wrong call. So eventually they started using computers. Great, how could this go wrong? So The Verge pointed out that these electronic these ELC systems don't just capture how the ball lands. They record a ton of in depth information, including players movements, and that data is incredibly valuable, not just to players, but also to sports betting companies, so they actually make more selling the data on like where how the ball moves and where it lands and like how the players move to betting companies. Then they make from TV rights.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, wait, so what are they using the information for? Exactly just like better hands? Yeah, to better handicap matches. Like I didn't even know tennis betting was a thing, but everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm like Marble races and the pandemic, the lockdown, early lockdowns, remember Russian Russian table tennis? Still Oh yeah, this guy, Alison, I don't know if you know, there's a player who got banned from the NBA for like gambling on his own games, and like, in looking into his history, they found that he was like taking huge bets during the pandemic on Russian table tennis because it was literally the only thing that people were still competing in.
Speaker 4: You gotta get your fix somewhere. Yeah, I mean that's wild. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense to me, because I feel like Wimbledon in particular is like we do not change, We just change. But then as soon as it's like but you'll will make money with this specific change, Like absolutely, we shall.
Speaker 2: Do it, and yeah, and we will change. And it turns out that thing we said before about not changing that was like before, yeah, that was part of our change, right, because that was like the other thing too.
Speaker 1: It's like you have towards like you must wear white, you know, like it was so strict like like there is so yeah, there's so much so into like these really you know, like just rigid rules and.
Speaker 2: Things like that that they're like, oh, well, fuck it, we don't need we don't need people standing that, we don't need human line judges anymore, which is fine. I guess a certain bit of like you're saying, like that helps for when like people are making egregious mistakes in calling like a ball in or out. But it's just interesting to even like fundamentally change the visuals of a tennis match, like you're used to seeing that that official sitting in their big beach chair. I think they'll still be still be They'll still be yeah. Yeah, it's just the line judges who are like in the back looking at one line the whole time.
Speaker 1: Oh oh so they took it, took their jobs.
Speaker 2: I think okay, okay, okay. And Wimbledon is the last one to make this change.
Speaker 4: So like, yeah, US Open had it.
Speaker 2: Had it this year, I believe. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I can't think of a more stressful job than being a ball person. Yeah, like at a Grand Slam like yeah, and a major event like oh my god, imagine if you trip, imagine if you missthrow, Like why would anyone put themselves in that level of.
Speaker 2: Stress if you sneeze like when they're about to like serve, can you imagine? Yeah, I would totally fuck that up. Like I already don't know what to do with my hands normally, Like it's just like always being on the sideline just being like wow, a lot of people are looking at me right now and I'm not allowed to move, so like you just you would just like freeze with like your hands like here, I don't know, like at your shoulders just like crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and like I feel like you every turn or not every tournament. There's always like those videos you see too of like the like the ball kid or ball boy or whatever just getting hit with.
Speaker 2: A serf like one hundred and forty mile an hour tennis. But I'm like, yeah, I'm twelve. I think they're like really good players who will like just like dish them like dimes. No, look dimes to them. Yeah, that's always That's like one of my favorite types of sports highlights is like Roger Feeder, like when when like a ball gets hit to him and he just like will go but behind his back too, like directly to the line person. Yeah, but this just this quote the Association of Tennis Professionals makes as much money from licensing ball and player tracking data as it does selling its broadcast rights, Like that doesn't even make any sense to me, Like that the amount of money that is in sports betting is just so beyond what I can conceive of that just like a slight edge, like whatever this AI is telling them is enough of an edge that they are paying the same amount that like NBC is paying for the rights to broadcast the French Open is Like what how? How is that? I wanted that.
Speaker 1: Happening across other sports too, because as the sports like sort of data analysis technology improves, you're getting like so much information And I get how it's useful to like a team to understand like the physical like load on a player and be like okay, they can only do this amount of time or like you can tell that they're slowing down just based on these sort of like analytical points. But yeah, like if Tennis is selling it, then like is every has everybody got some form of it too.
Speaker 4: My dad has been in a fantasy baseball league for like forty years, the same one like write when it started, and now my husband is his partner for better or worse ed. It's so funny because like my dad's roam of reference, like what's available. Like my dad will keep being like to John, He'll be like, Okay, put this player through your system, and like the system is just a free website that johns about. It's just like a website that's available to everybody.
Speaker 2: What do we know about this guy? What do we know about this guy? What's it saying?
Speaker 4: But there's just like so many stats and ways to think about it, and like I mean, just like fantasy baseball alone is like its own like powerhouse industry of what people pay to get.
Speaker 1: Right, Like yeah, wild, because I hold the whole saber metrics thing coming out in baseball has just been like such a huge thing that I feel like that was just sort of like a domino to fault as many other professional sports where now like teams have like just data scientists, Yeah, just crunching all kinds of numbers to be.
Speaker 2: Like Nope, this is what we need to do this, we need to sign this, we need to rest. I've played fantasy sports before with people who were in like the finance industry, and like one of them admitted, like later, yeah, I had like one of my quants like do the draft for me, like one of my like quantitative people like I just want what's the point, yeah, exactly, well to win and yeah, yeah, they're just they're just outsourcing things better, you know, optimization. It's a yeah, I don't play fantasy sports with them anymore because I don't have a quant Yeah quits, yeah, keeps quitting. Apparently seventeen dollars an hour is not competitive. Yeah. Yeah. Like the so this reporter like went with the Hawkeye people and noticed that their information was being like transmitted live to like not just the chair umpire, but to like a bunch of business partners of ATP, and like figured out that the business partners were like the sports betting companies, And he asked the people who were like high up employees who were like making the system work, and they didn't know that they were like wait really, oh wow, I guess that's good for our like business, right, yeah, so it's more people will hire are the people who actually do things. Yeah, they're the people who do things. And then they're the like higher level people who are just figuring out how to make millions and millions of dollars. Right. It's a weird world. It's a weird world. Weird world spinning off in that direction as long as we're allowed to those people are allowed to pay hundreds of millions of dollars to policy. You know, well, anyway, invest in our technology. We got a competing one coming up. We have a system. We don't want to reveal it, but if you guys are interested in the system, the system, Yeah right, that sounds like a grift. Already, put it through the system, put it through your system. That part too, it is it's like that's so like the sort of purity about like older people too, or like there gets so sort of the distance between like new technological advancements or the internet, and they're.
Speaker 1: Like, why don't you load them up in that system you got there? Or like yeah, like when my yeah, anyway, just fun, where'd you find it? What's the system that you used to find songs like, it's a Spotify algorithm, but yeah, the system is telling you to listen to this week.
Speaker 2: That's right. Well, Alison Raskin, what a pleasure having you on the daily Zeitgeist as always? Where can people find you? Follow you by your book all that good stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so my book I Do I Think is out next Tuesday, October fifteenth. It should be available wherever books are sold. There's also an audible version and a Kindle version, and pre orders matter a lot. So if you're like, huh, maybe I want to read that someday, maybe that someday could be today, because that would really help me out, And then I'm all on the internet at Alison Raskin and I also have a mental health focus substack and Instagram called Emotional Support Lady.
Speaker 2: There you go, emotional sport. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: Well, I just saw I took a photo of this like very cute little comic that I saw on Instagram that was like two little bears, like adorable little bears, and one bearsys the other bear. Why are you in such a silly mood? And then the Purple Bear replies, Without it, darkness would consume me. And that's sort of where I'm at.
Speaker 2: It's so cute, amazing, Miles, where can people find you? Is there a working media you enjoy? Yeah? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Find me on Twitter and Instagram at Miles of Gray. You can find Jack and I on the Wonderful Basketball podcast Miles and jackot Man boosties and if you want to hear me talk about ninety day Fiance, I do that on four twenty day Fiance. A tweet I like is from at Matt the brand who tweeted the best part about driving a twenty ten Honda.
Speaker 2: Civic is you can just like bump into stuff, which is kind of like, yep, that's weird.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: We were kind of talking about that on the other episode or earlier episode about just needing a car. Sometimes you teach lessons in when people are driving reckless, be like sorry.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm you're gonna have to bump into my little car. Sorry. Sorry.
Speaker 4: I saw a one of those stickers that says like like caution, new driver on a windowless white van. Oh, and I was like, that doesn't feel like what's someone's first, because no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a very high level of difficulty.
Speaker 4: Isn't it's just kind of creepy. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, Like you're like, are you doing dirt in that windowless van? And then you think by putting a like new Driver stick around, people are like, oh, nothing to.
Speaker 4: See here or you that's why kids are getting into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's what's the new Drivers.
Speaker 1: But the other part is just sort of like to your point, you see that and you're like, wait, hold on a second.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is this? Yeah? All right, tweet I've been enjoying PJ at PJ Evans tweeted meeting a friend's baby. Hey, what's up? Which I just thin thing? A friend's baby? And then Governor Kathy hawk you hock you but what's her? What's her name?
Speaker 4: What of New York?
Speaker 2: Yeahcl Yeah, I guess she couldn't fit the whole name because he said, yeah, says Governor Kathy Hocke you. But anyways, she said, my staff is telling me that New York is brat literally twenty hours ago, and Mike Rucker quote tweeted that and said, wait to strike while the iron is cold.
Speaker 4: I don't like that, lady.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at Jack underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist. We're at d daily Zeitgeist on Instagram.
Speaker 10: We have a Facebook fan page and a website daily zeikeist dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnotes go off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy.
Speaker 2: Miles Yeah, is there than People. It's called Away. The track is called Away by the Australian band Vacations, And so again, always so much good music coming out of Australia. It's really a sight to behold as an appreciator of music. This is kind of like a dreamy rock pop sort of song. It kind of still feels kind of like summary, but also just just nice music, like if you're playing it, it'll take you somewhere nice. It doesn't feel like dark or aggressive. So I like that for that very reason. So this is a way by Vacations, not a way in a manager. It's just a way just away. No no, But if you want to hear me, I am.
Speaker 1: I do have a Spotify playlist of me singing all kinds of hoa songs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no crib for a bed all right, well. The Daily Zeitgeist is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio ap Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you all them b