Speaker 1: Welcome to the Ravens Press Pass Podcast. It is a good Sunday in Baltimore as the Ravens took down the Seattle Seahawks thirty seven to three at M and T Banks Stadium. The Ravens are now seven to two on the season and they are tied for the best record in the AFC. It was a dominant victory from start to finish, and head coach John Harriball discussed the win after the game.
Speaker 2: All Right, first of all, like we said in the locker room, and I'll say it again, all glory to God. We are we are a humble group that works hard, and I'm really proud of those guys for the way they played. I mean it was It's been a lot of a lot of things going on in terms of challenges to preparation, different travel, different things, injuries, and guys have just done a great job of fighting through that, keeping their eyes straight ahead, no turn into the left, no turning to the right, and just doing the best they can do. And they and it showed up today in a total team effort and that's what it was, total team effor against a very good football team.
Speaker 3: So proud of that.
Speaker 2: We'll we'll stand on that going forward and stack it and then we'll get ready for obviously a huge game next Sunday against our division rival, the Browns.
Speaker 3: So what question do you have.
Speaker 4: John, I know, no, nothing is won by week nine, But you know, when you're at the end of the game and you look up there and they're beating in another division leader by thirty four points, what's kind of going.
Speaker 5: Through your head?
Speaker 2: I mean I thought, I thought, Man, I like these a lot better. You know, that's okay, but you know it's great And because it's as a coach, it's fulfilling because all the things you work on, all the things the guys work on, you see, it's you see it transferred onto the field in a game.
Speaker 3: That's what you're.
Speaker 2: Excited about because they have success. The guys have success doing the things that you want. But you also understand that it's one win. You know, you don't get credit for more than one win, no matter what the score is. So our job is to stack wins and our attention turns to the next game. So but happy with the guys, they're going to enjoy it. And then on Tuesday afternoon they'll be working on the on.
Speaker 6: The Browns some very dominated defenses in your time with the Ravens.
Speaker 7: What makes this one valuability?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 5: What makes them special?
Speaker 2: That's a good question. I mean, I think there's I think that that's a great word for it. Really, I'm be honest with you, that's excellent. I wouldn't have thought of that, but it's it's there's a lot of truth in that. And I do think that ever, you know, I think we have the ability to you know, to morph the way we need to morph week to week series the series. But it's it's that's one thing. The other thing is the guys. The guys are have been on point. The guys are doing what they're supposed to do as hard as they can every play. Not as perfect all the time, but when you do as hard as you can, as well as you can every play, you know, you get you get pretty close, and you know, so I'm just I like it. But you know, it's never as good, never as bad as you think it's going to be. So we'll go to work, we'll get on the tape. I'm sure we'll find plenty of things to work on along those lines.
Speaker 7: The sudden change situation end of that, after the fumble. You know, they could make it a one score game.
Speaker 1: But not only do they make the stop, I'll put you guys in a position to get points.
Speaker 2: I think that's the turning point of the game. That'll probably be the lion spike. You know, we talk about that. I mean that situation that turned out the way it did. The defense to get to stop and then get the next stop again and then get the we get the field goal because of that stop and just flip the whole thing around was massive, you know, and that probably, you know, just flip the game in our direction. Momentum wise, go through this group of undrafted rookies that comes in right and what do you.
Speaker 7: Remember is Keith Mitchell's arrival and and what what when did you start? When did you see you had something with him?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, listen, he's right here, you know what I mean. We're just trying to keep He's a humble guy, which we appreciate. He works really hard. We don't want to we don't want to ruin that right now, but no, he's been raised the right way. I mean, here's he's a football family kid. He's a he's a he's a player's son. You know and uh, and he's got a he's got an amazing family and they and he's been raised the right way. He's humble, he works hard, he knows how heart it is. Doesn't take anything for granted, and he.
Speaker 3: Doesn't get it.
Speaker 2: He doesn't get frustrated, too frustrated, you know, with the injuries and things like that. He just fights through it every single day and then see it payoff for him is great. And you know he knows the next challenge now they know who he is, so it's gonna be a new challenge next week, right, and he's looking forward to that. So yeah, he's proud of him. Offensive line played great. I thought Lamar had an outstanding game. I thought of receivers, how about a Sean Bateman, I mean two really tough catches coming up with those catches, keeping drives alive, Isaiah likely converting two big third downs for us, the one in four minute that kept it going by breaking two or three tackles. You kind of go on and on with those guys. I thought Mark had a big game. Couple big third downs and the one that got us to the fourth and one and we got.
Speaker 3: Him to jump off sides.
Speaker 2: You know those are the kind of things that get hiden in the game, that you forget about that lead to the kind of outcomes that we had today.
Speaker 3: So just a lot of guys to talk about.
Speaker 9: John Lamar looked like he got a little thinged up on that fourth and one run.
Speaker 7: How's he helped with?
Speaker 2: He's okay, yeah, I wish it wouldn't happened that way, you know, but he got It's not bad. Just I don't want to ever see anything like that. But he seems like he's okay, okay, Lamar.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 7: Know you had Mitchell? Did he get back there?
Speaker 5: In your decision not to make a trade? I mean, you know what you had to win a bench?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, uh, that's a good question. It's really was that really never.
Speaker 2: Came into the conversation, just being honest. I mean, I think we knew what we had with him, and you know, we've We've also got I'm gonna tell you Melvin Gordon's are really good back too.
Speaker 3: So we got four guys that we really like.
Speaker 2: But you know, you still think you look at value and what it costs and opportunity and stuff like that, and it just didn't work out. But but uh, yeah, it's probably a pretty good point turned out.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, John.
Speaker 7: You just mentioned a lot of guys. Was also fun to get a big smile on Odell's face.
Speaker 5: You know, you've got the touchdown at.
Speaker 7: The end of the game. That's some that's some nice catch before.
Speaker 3: That, is that right, Odell?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Odell? Yeah, it was great. It was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, we had a word and uh and he's he's great. I mean he just see him come back and you know, that's that's what you expect of a player like that, a veteran player who's done it before. Lamar threw a great pass on that slant catch and run slant might have been manner of street lock one of the two and uh and then to get the touchdown pass another a great throw. I think snoop through that one right touchdown pass and it was a great call by Todd Lamar. Odell ran a great route, got kind of a double move back out to the corner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was good to see.
Speaker 6: This was a domination of Seattle runs defense before I got Lennon Williams for you guys to run, which you did a game like this, What was the same about script?
Speaker 2: It says a lot about the old line in the backs, you know, and Lamar. I mean Lamar had a number of those runs too, but also the threat of Lamar. Okay, the passing game was going, so they got it. They can't just gang up and run too much. Then the execution of the old line in the backs, I mean, gosh, and the tight ends.
Speaker 3: I mean, here's a guy Mark.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of guys blocking, but Mark, you know Mark, we see him as a receiver, yet he's a really good blocker.
Speaker 3: So all those things factor in more for coach.
Speaker 8: On your pass rush is hitting from the inside, the outside, the backers and the secondary as well. Just why do you think all of them are clicking consistently in these games so effectively.
Speaker 3: It's like, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: It's like a thousand things you work on and everybody is doing the bet. Everybody works on pass rush, everybody works on time in the blitz, you know, everybody works on the patterns, everybody works in the coverage behind it. A big, a big part of what you saw today with that was I think the uh, the complimentary football between the coverage and the rush. I mean, the coverage got the quarterback to hold the ball and then the rush got there a number of times. They're gonna be frustrating the ones they didn't get him down when he got when he moved out of there a little bit. But I thought our coverage was outstanding and our and our rush got there. They kind of works together.
Speaker 10: We saw you encouraging the fans to get louder because you saw that they were infer calling or yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I mean when our fans go, it's it makes a huge difference. And sometimes, you know, we had to lead there and I felt like they were, you know, we we needed we needed them to let's go, man, we want to get this stop too, you know. And then they did, they did, and they they just make such a big difference for us when when they're loud like that and they and they, I mean they are they always are. So yeah, I kind of got them, got them. Did they notice did get round up a little bit when that happened? Did you notice the difference?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: That was like coach John Harball. We also had a chance to talk with quarterback Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 11: How you feeling?
Speaker 5: I feel great?
Speaker 7: One?
Speaker 12: What do you think was the key to just the rushing attack, just plowing.
Speaker 5: Through all day defense.
Speaker 6: You said, no, your your offense is rushing attack.
Speaker 13: Oh, the running backs the office. We'll start with the office line making great blocks. But the running bass was doing what they do, you know, making explosives, Gus, you know, running running for two touchdowns, Justice doing this thing on the ground, dann Keys just flying flying past everyone. Great job by those guys in the office of line.
Speaker 4: Keep a couple of weeks ago here you crushed the Detroit Lion's team completing division.
Speaker 7: Today you meet another division leader by thirty four points.
Speaker 4: How how close do you think this team is to the hitting this, you know, hitting that peak.
Speaker 5: Hitting that stride.
Speaker 13: If we're playing like that, we don't even need to hit no peak or stride. Just keep staying locked in how we are are and just playing every point it the same way, you know, physicality, being smart, uh and defending what's ours, you know, our home turf.
Speaker 7: So you know how you fel feel like this team?
Speaker 5: Ask you, Gus in colors, reaching kind of.
Speaker 13: To speak right now, I wouldn't say we're far off over close, you know, we just need to keep doing what we're doing, keep stacking and keep getting better.
Speaker 5: Each and every week.
Speaker 10: You said after the last week's game that you thought you could have formed the ball. Did you sense this week with the game playing and that everything, that you're really gonna commit to that early and and and try to wear down and see y'all.
Speaker 13: Uh just thought, coach, you're gonna be a lot balancing. And I believe he was tonight today. Uh what play calling, you know, just run the ball here, play action there, throwing the ball quick, throwing it down the field.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 5: He hit every aspect of the game today and it showed why.
Speaker 1: Do you think why do you think this team was sponsored?
Speaker 9: Well right now?
Speaker 13: So we got guys who was hungry on our team. Uh, young guys, vets, guys just wanna win. And like I said earlier this season, we got something we chasing and it takes us playing raven football each and every week.
Speaker 5: And we've and trying to say that we have been la March.
Speaker 7: You see, really fire up for Rodell's first touchdown? How big was that moment for him?
Speaker 4: And what did you say him after?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know it's his birthday to day, so I was I would definitely fired up. And my brother threw the prew the touchdown and it was great. You know, made a great, great pass, he made a great catch. I don't know what the celebration was. I was just pumped up cause he got his touchdown.
Speaker 9: March back to back to Keaton's performance today. What if from your eyes, what did you see from him, how well he was playing, and kind of could you anticipate in something.
Speaker 15: Like this happen and see him in practice also, oh absolutely.
Speaker 13: We seen the preseason when he was playing against uh Finland Washington. We seen how explosive he was, and we seen him practice uh but today the office line just gave him a little room and he did the rest. You know, he was hitting the hole, just making crazy runs and great cuts. It was It was great to see sometime I wasn't carrying out my fate cause I wanted to see what he was gonna do with the ball.
Speaker 7: So ye against the Lions.
Speaker 8: After the end of the game, there was almost an energy of still like frustrated that you guys wanted more, you wanted.
Speaker 7: More successful, and more frustrated at the place you didn't get.
Speaker 8: It seems a little bit more happy after this game, not satisfied, But are you taking a moment just to kind of enjoy this one as compared to maybe the Lion's game.
Speaker 13: If anything is is for him having so much success today ob getting the first touchdown, but it is we still had two turnovers. You know, we're trying to finish games with our turnovers, with having a performance that we did and pump points on.
Speaker 5: The board as we did today.
Speaker 13: But like like you said, you know, it's their room for improvement and we still haven't hit our center.
Speaker 5: I don't believe.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to talk at earlier this week, but eighteen and one against.
Speaker 5: The I still don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: That was quarterback Lamar Jackson. Now, one of the breakout stars of this game was the undrafted rookie running back Keaton Mitchell, and his third NFL game ever, he scored a touchdown and topped one hundred rushing yards. Kind of caught everybody by surprise, and he talked with the media after the game about what this win meant for him and his mindset as a young player who gets this opportunity to play in a huge game and has this big moment.
Speaker 8: Some undrafted for you just never get the shot that you got, especially after injury, and just pulling the rug for you to have the game that you did.
Speaker 7: Just what's it mean to you?
Speaker 16: I mean a lot. My dad was undrafted. He can't here. He told me everything I need to know. Just stay humble, keep doing what you do, and keep thanking God, and your time will come. And today it came. So let's just keep going.
Speaker 7: Is he here today?
Speaker 17: Keep he missed this one, He missed it.
Speaker 16: He was deciding on Thanksgiving and Christmas games the next two games.
Speaker 17: But nah, it's many more games like this to come, so it'll be all right.
Speaker 4: When you come in after a few possessions, do you do you come in with the mentality that you can be kind of a change your page, that maybe they're not ready for the energy that.
Speaker 7: You're gonna bring.
Speaker 17: I mean, yeah, coming then.
Speaker 16: I just when I'm on the side, I'm just looking at everybody else seeing how they play, uh saying the old line was just giving us the hoes that we needed and the opportunities. And when I came in, I just took advantage of what the offensive line was giving me, and things happened.
Speaker 7: Do you think through size makes it tough for my back to find.
Speaker 12: You the line?
Speaker 17: Of course? Of course, what's going through your heads?
Speaker 6: You're during the ends, it looks like you're so excited to get in there, you're kind of tripping over yourselful of Yeah.
Speaker 16: Yeah, when I break, like and I know I'm finish school, I just like thinking my celebration. Uh, I know in the running back room, gussing just as hell. Like we told them next time they getting the in zone, they got to do a dance or something. Uh but naw, Me and Mel was just dancing that practice and just having fun with it.
Speaker 17: And you see I just did a little something. But no, it was it was great.
Speaker 9: It was what you bosted out for, like a couple of long runs or you kind of getting the game and starts flowing. Does it become easier like how I guess much more at ease? Do you find yourself as you get more carries and you're finding success.
Speaker 16: Today as the game was going on, the old line, man, like I said, the old line was just giving me opportunities like every time. Like so I was just staying patient, reading my reads and just doing what I had to do after the line, just do what they did.
Speaker 10: So what was your mentality as the draft comes and goes and your name is called? And then were there other teams in the mix with Baltimore and didn't come into Baltimore?
Speaker 7: Was your dad being here a factor coming here?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 16: Yeah, it was other teams, But I just did my research. It felt like this was the best fit. Of course my dad came here. I really wasn't thinking about it until like they called my name and called my phone and I was like, might as well, but uh yeah, I mean undrafted.
Speaker 17: Just got to stay humble and stay hungry.
Speaker 10: Did you get this game health, felie off.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 12: How was it for you to see the way your teammates reacted when you got your first touchdowns?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Nah, it was a blessing.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 16: Them guys keep my head up every day. They believe in me, and it's like a family in that locker room. So I just appreciate everybody in there believing in me and trusting me and just being proud of the game I had. So I really appreciate that that.
Speaker 1: Was undrafted rookie running back Keaton Mitchell. We also talked with veteran outside linebacker Kyle van Noys.
Speaker 11: All right, I'm Kyle van On. If you didn't know, let's be short and sweet, because I want to hear from these two gentlemen just like you do.
Speaker 9: Well, what is a lot of your player this love as.
Speaker 11: That's a really good question. I think it's first it starts with the standard, and then secondly, as a group, all eleven of us and some that aren't starters, buying into that standard and trying to elevate each other, take the coaching and just produce that onto the football field. We have a lot of guys on this team that have chips on their shoulders, or come from different backgrounds, whatever you want to call it, that are buying into each other, that believe in each other, and it shows on the football field. And I just believe that offensively, defensively and special teams. This is a great group of guys that are really close. Like I think you guys come to the locker room every day. You guys see that we're a tight knit group. We hang out with each other and it's been fun.
Speaker 2: We saw a little moments in the second halfic Kyle Hamilton doing push ups on the sideline's being flying around and.
Speaker 5: You guys already have a big lead.
Speaker 1: I mean, is there a spirit that's sort of growing around your group.
Speaker 6: Doesn't as a defense that you want to just oon every.
Speaker 5: Minute of the game.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we talk about dominating and that's kind of something that we really uh lean on each other for and we mean it.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 11: We don't just go out there to win. We want to dominate and show where uh we try to be the best defense in in the country. Can't say the world because you know that that went crazy this summer.
Speaker 5: How did you guys take it a little personally? The arizon around on you guys a little bit.
Speaker 11: Hell yeah, last question.
Speaker 7: And Dean kind of.
Speaker 6: Starting not with this team but finding a home here. Is there a sort of pride that you guys are proven that you're still it would be productive players at the stage.
Speaker 5: Who needs training camp?
Speaker 1: That was veteran outside linebacker Kyle van Noy. In the locker room, we talked with a guy who scored his first touchdown as a Raven. It was also the birthday boy, Odell Beckham Junior, on his birthday gets in the end zone for the first time. This was clearly something that had been driving him. He wanted to get back in that end zone. It's been a long time coming for him and he discussed the journey after the game.
Speaker 12: I just feel I say, when I was Super Bowl happy and I went down those contemplations of what I wanted to come back and do this all over again, and I just said to myself, you know, for any of the kid out there who was watching and was once inspired with message what I said, to give up. Even if I came out here and had one pitch in the NFL, I said.
Speaker 7: I would be happy.
Speaker 12: I knew I was pot playing myself like high expectation. So it feels good to farming, you know, get that one off you. We've been playing great ball.
Speaker 7: But just like we talked about earlier, from a personal.
Speaker 12: Stamp, Carl's got a sense of him and praid to come on the birthday coming.
Speaker 8: Okay, better good?
Speaker 7: Can you take me through the play a little bit?
Speaker 3: Pretty good?
Speaker 12: It was something that we you know, had seen on tape month that said it was gonna happen just like that. I've ran that route plenty of times and if it laid out perfectly, you know, just draw drew it up. We executed, uh, And like I said, it just feels it feels great to get that went off here. What's that the bark paints right the Yeah, I had a different celebration in mind, but then it was just like you know.
Speaker 7: I I there's so much that I want.
Speaker 12: To do for this team, organization and also of the city of Baltimore. I've really they've embraced me in the culture. That's all I want to do is be able to put off from you know, to make them proud.
Speaker 7: Uh. And you know, just see where we go from here.
Speaker 3: What's the media, how much your teammates, how much lay here?
Speaker 7: Did you have everything?
Speaker 12: It's the same as you know how I felt when when they flower school. I was way across the field and I'm running all the way over there or keep scores, you know, I'm I see everybody running down there like these you know, were with each other every day, you know, more than you are with your family, and it's a brotherhood, and you just you was so happy to see people succeed when you've seen.
Speaker 7: All of the hard work that they put it in.
Speaker 12: So uh, you know, we're we're our brother's keepers, and it's just it was great to you know, to feel that to see everybody on the sideline and everybody else's time and then.
Speaker 9: That one person on the sideways I really have put from the war.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 9: Know you go back from the to the sideline and they kind of you know, share with him that touchdown and even came from Tyler.
Speaker 7: Uh what was that like? Yeah, it's you know, it was just a great moment.
Speaker 12: You know, he knows, you know, we've all put in hard work and just it's been a long journey for me since February twenty second of twenty twenty two, you know, all the way until now.
Speaker 7: It's been a very long and long journey. Tough days, dark days, hard days, you know, some good in.
Speaker 12: There, and uh, just to see him smiling like he was excited and just know he he's been saying it for weeks to me. You know, when it rains and ports, he's like, it's gonna happen, It's gonna happen.
Speaker 7: And work on are all dead rolling and you know, just another win is just another.
Speaker 6: Even before that, a bunch of the first downs you got, you're showing a lot of emotion.
Speaker 7: Was that just kind of building out there?
Speaker 6: That's the game when a long game for up plus down to get you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, there's a part of me that just you know comes so far to where I was like, oh, you know, just a catch, just a catch, Like, let's get back to the hold. And there's another part that I I'm trying to battle within myself of being grateful, you know, for those moments, cause they're not promised that it's you know, just like that, anything can happen.
Speaker 7: And I just think that when today was about having that Jordan, and you know, my.
Speaker 12: Favorite player of the game is when I see him keeping balancing, get loose and we all see how fast he is. That just to watch him score, it just was a lot of fun. It was special to be able to play on your birthdays in the National Football League. So I'm truly blessed.
Speaker 1: If we don't about the rams from the Super Bowl team that you were on Mars.
Speaker 7: Is this culture of his team approaching now, yes, winning the Super Bowl.
Speaker 12: I know what the atmosphere was like, and the energy in the locker room and the day to day and the team and the players, I mean the players. It is always gonna be that. So yeah, this is this is definitely that I won't you know, at the end of the day, that's the goal. You know, I have to speak about it all the time, but that's that's opposite the goal.
Speaker 18: Odell coming into this day, cause I know sometimes you have certain feelings about certain things that might happen. Did you have a kind of a feeling that a touch fam might happen today?
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 12: I you know, every every time I've gone out there recently, I'm just trying and reset the clock, no matter what kind of game I had and be.
Speaker 7: Like, today's the day, Today's day. And it was.
Speaker 12: It was definitely that today's the day, Today's day. Even after the phone move, Uh, today's day. Even though I was down my favorite line, my favorite line is bought online. And you know, God God had my back today. You know, as soon as that that happens three players in the row, he was like, listen, you know you were down, so we'll just more reverse this for your own term.
Speaker 7: So that felt good.
Speaker 12: It's it's tough when you're in it just finding ways to, you know, be with your mind. But just had to keep chugging away. He said, today is gonna be a day. God delivered a pretty nice word.
Speaker 1: Of a game for after keep scored.
Speaker 12: I see him, I see him dancing and everything, and I wanted to watch the dance, but I was like, you know, that's a special ball, like you gotta make sure you got it.
Speaker 7: I think he ended up seeing it, but I just wanted to make sure that he had that. It was a special moment for him.
Speaker 12: You know, he's worked Harady, dealt with you know, some nicks and bruises in camp.
Speaker 7: And just to see him score, like just to see him run actually all day. I actually owe him a touchdown.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: He ended up breaking away on a player that I never you know, it looked like.
Speaker 12: He was down, and it's just something that we're talking about, you know, where it's the hide effort in this championship effort, and that's a.
Speaker 7: Player that like me and my mom talked about and I owe him a touchdown. So I'll make sure that try and make sure I'm blocked for him in card next week.
Speaker 1: That was wide receiver Odell Beckham Junior. We also talked with defensive tackle Justin Mattabike, who's having a breakout season. Got another sack. That's six straight games for him, which is a franchise record, and he discussed the dominant play of this defense.
Speaker 6: Justin' six straight games with the least in a half a sack that's a Ravens franchise record. What does it mean to you to now a pretty the record books.
Speaker 7: Prove this franchise.
Speaker 15: Oh, it means a lot.
Speaker 5: It means a lot.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 15: I've developed so much being a part of the Ravens and just growing as a man and as a player as a person. So to be able to keep working and see a payoff, it's definitely just you and above a drink co mature was just I don't know how, I don't know. I can't put any words, but that keep hunting.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 15: I mean, we have a rival opponent coming up next week, so we're gonna up for twenty four hours and then get back to work. That's just how it was.
Speaker 9: So justin what kind of level is this defense playing that collectively right now?
Speaker 7: A high level?
Speaker 15: Ya, I mean, y'all saw it. We just uh have a lot of guys on our team that really love each other and really wanna go out there and hunt for each other, and uh we just execuct the game playing and hight calls and just execute it to a team. Try to get the quarterback un comfortable. We try to shut down the run and that's usually how you uh change dynamics of the game.
Speaker 9: That's what we did the personally, do you f do you feel something different like a game day? Is it coming easier for you?
Speaker 7: How do you explain it?
Speaker 15: Think it's just a experience and just believing in myself and believing in my teammates and just having each other's back, uh, playing for the love you of teammates and just playing for the love the game, and just uh wanted to get a win, you know what I mean. You know, you definitely don't wanna lose in jo at the home stadium, you know what I mean? We had a bad tasee in our mouth playing against the Cardinals. We did even though we won the game, as a defense, we could have tackle that, we could them better.
Speaker 5: So we came into this place in the bank with it.
Speaker 15: Ooh, that tastes are not when we definitely wanted to show these She obviously who they both says today. So that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Branked up when the pastres was cranked up the way that you guys were today. Yeah, what kind of impact does that? Do you see that that has on an offense?
Speaker 15: Huge, huge, you know, it kind of disrupts her confidence, It disrupts their It disrupts their plan. It gets us juiced up, hyped up, and it gets Lamar in the offensive line to get cooking, you know what I mean, with some confidence. So it's it's huge, It's it's absolutely huge. It changes dynamics of the game.
Speaker 12: So yeah, justin We've.
Speaker 20: Ran a couple of times after some of these wins where the defensive guys have said that they weren't sad to spouted, they weren't happy with their performance. Did you get this INSI couds were happy with today's performance?
Speaker 15: Uh, I would say, so there are some guys that you said that weren't happy with their performance, he says.
Speaker 20: Not today, but just since some of the past, like you mentioned the Arizona one and maybe.
Speaker 5: Yeah that the lines late touchdown.
Speaker 15: Yeah, when you perform like that in those games, you know what I mean, it kind of uh propels you. I could say, for like you to have a dominant like edge or like a motivation for the next game. You know, I feel like that's what it was today. I fuck everybody played outstanding, g you know cow.
Speaker 5: PQ. I mean everybody, really, I can name everybody, y'all. I be here, y'all be here forever.
Speaker 15: But you know, I think we just played really good at a defense and then uh disrupted their conference on offense in Seattle.
Speaker 18: When we talk on Sunday, on Sunday, y you g you know, Brady's playing Browns. Browns obviously think they might have the best defense in the NFL. I think you guys probably feel the same way. Do you think Sunday's game could go a long way to determine any who who might.
Speaker 5: Have the best to go?
Speaker 15: You know, I I talk with my paths, you know what I mean, But I definitely have confidence on outside.
Speaker 5: Just just say that, you know, can.
Speaker 6: You describe the swagger of this defense right now?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 7: Confident?
Speaker 15: We talked that smack a little bit, you know. I mean, well, but we we talk after we hit you in the mouth, you know what I mean, And we just let you know that we're coming all day. I mean, we're bringing it all day. So I would just say, just what eving each other and just taking on one peray at a time.
Speaker 6: Just was just describing it as a bunch of a holes to paraphras is that kind.
Speaker 5: Of uh you said that?
Speaker 7: Not mean that?
Speaker 18: Okay?
Speaker 15: I went to you know, yeah, we went to what I'm saying, trying to just trying to play smash moun football.
Speaker 5: That's just what the Raven defense is about.
Speaker 15: That's what we're we're here for and that's what we're doing. So we're just taking one day at a time.
Speaker 1: So that was defensive tackle justin at ABK. We also talked with linebacker Patrick Queen, who really is a tone setter for this dominant defense. That's a good You know, you guys are up big and it's the third fourth quarter and you seem like you were playing with as much energy as you were right off of the bat. Why is that? You know, why is it important for you to kind of bring that throughout an entire game, even when you're winning the way you were today?
Speaker 19: Because we want to finish all That's the whole thing we've been talking about the whole season is finishing and we haven't been finishing. And we had opportunity to do that today and we wanted to take full advantage of the opportunity, and I think we did.
Speaker 1: When the pass rushes, you know, playing well like they did today, how does that help the rest of his defenses?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 5: It helps?
Speaker 19: Uh, And it really starts with the coverage, cause if we're not gonna run our guys, then they can't get they pass us. So, Uh, hats off to the guys. Coverment has off to the rush. We were really playing just on one accord and that's what led us a success.
Speaker 17: The Browns pitch to shut out today.
Speaker 19: On defense, just this upcoming game, how much you looking forward to that one?
Speaker 13: In a a matchup with two good defenses.
Speaker 19: You gotta say the right thing. Take a second. Uh, I mean they get they're they're a good team, honestly, grade on line, grade over line. Uh, quarterback situation, I have him to paying attention to. I don't know who's been that quarterback who hasn't, So we'll know all that stuff this weekend. We'll know uh the plan going into the weekend. Uh obviously you know, like you just said, they had to shut out and we we uh gave up three points a day, So we'll see who do has a better defense?
Speaker 8: Uh, Sunday, Atrick, when you watch this pass rush from U all your teammates, just do you feel like it's a pick your poison kind of situation?
Speaker 7: Just with all the talent you have m the.
Speaker 19: Front definitely is cause if he deserved the ball and they obviously like today, Uh, somebody gonna come down with it and if he holds onto it, our pastor us gonna get there. And that's what I was saying, both of us, uh, the secondary up front, working together, playing on won the cards, just getting our job done.
Speaker 12: How does an outcome like this propel you guys for the next.
Speaker 7: Two home games that you have there?
Speaker 19: We just can't get satispot Honestly, Uh, we know we played good. We know we played great and like I said that one fields old, we know we they shouldn't even have that, just something that we could uh eliminate. So we know, just coming in here to the season not over, but we got we gott keep gorying and keep uh improving.
Speaker 7: What can you puts the chalent and and effort so consistent?
Speaker 6: I mean, what what keeps you guys burning when you're already up big and a third.
Speaker 19: Quarter type of guys we got here. Uh, nobody sat to spy. Everybody wants to eat. We love right, tryna shot people out. We love just uh standing on opponent. That's and that then Uh we had the opportunity to do that to thing. That's what we did.
Speaker 5: So think of the motivation.
Speaker 1: Is it to be recognized and viewed or whatever the stats are as the best defensive league?
Speaker 7: Like how motivating get is that?
Speaker 9: To you?
Speaker 19: Definitely is m motivating?
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 19: At the beginning of the year, we used to always do like, well what do we see ourselves as a defense? And this shit? We just with the number one whatever charac category that is, whatever it is, we won't be the number one. So that's how focus the whole time is just being number one.
Speaker 6: What's the challenge of I guess kind of working through the garbage to to stop a guy like keep Mitchell when when he's as small as he is.
Speaker 7: I mean it's a little dip different than Gus.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 19: It's crazy cause right before it's touch down around we were sitting there, it was like this one guy keeps stopping him. If that one guy don't get there, he's gone and then the next place he was out of there. So yeah, especially with a guy like that, like tryna cover him in camp the whole time having trouble with that, Like just he got his different thing. He can run behind his paths even though he's small. You know, it's really hard to see him an this behind the line. So once he do break the that, you gotta be on your a game. Uh, he'll run rousey like he's fast as as he shows.
Speaker 17: So can you describe the swagger of this defense right now?
Speaker 5: Confident?
Speaker 19: Uh, just playing our game, playing to our standard, playing rapings football. That's all it is.
Speaker 6: Do you know saying that you guys to paraphrasing your bunch a holes who wanna do?
Speaker 7: Is that sum it up?
Speaker 19: Or? Yeah? That's what we definitely tryna be. I don't even think we're tryna be. I think that's just who we are. I think, uh we are nice guys, but by the end of the day, we're what you said. So that's what we just gotta keep playing like.
Speaker 6: The supportive elopment come into its cause it just seems like whoever makes the play like the defense is kind of communally happy.
Speaker 19: Rich. Uh that's what e DC did. He uh brought the certain guys here that we needed, and that's why nobody. Uh, we're all we're all happy for each other. Uh. I one person eat, we all eat if nobody else going on us, and we're all doing our job and we're all satisfied as long as we knowing what we're supposed to be doing. Nobody cares who make the place?
Speaker 7: Patrick?
Speaker 3: Can you speak to how good he edg you guys have them?
Speaker 5: I mean, uh, yup.
Speaker 2: People put so much focus on the trade deadline, but you guys have had already gotten Tonoi or a clowney.
Speaker 5: How how good of us we knew?
Speaker 19: We h who we had, We knew the experience that they got, how they still play to this day and age. And Uh, it's just it's everything that we practice, it's everything that we preach. We knew especially with uh Walker over there. See alls could hit the edge when he could go. So it was big emphasis on certain DAGs this week, and those guys did their job and pass us come alive.
Speaker 1: So and lastly, in the locker room, we had a chance to talk with Geno Stone, who leads the NFL with interceptions. He an interception in the fourth straight game. He now has six on the season. It's been a tremendous start for Gino and he discussed his play as well as the overall defensive performance.
Speaker 14: Lee, you know you don't you don't want Apparently anyone's downfoud, especially right now the team that we know what team we got where we could go, So you're gonna be happy for everyone's success. And uh, and you know when everyone plays good, everything happens good for everyone else. So I feel like we got the group right now to do what we got to do and we continue to do it.
Speaker 12: How would your characterizet Mike McDonald, right, because he's over a bit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, how much of this is his influence? And how do your characterize him?
Speaker 14: It's it's a lot on like you know, it's his game plan he puts together each week. We just go out and show what we could do with it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 14: He puts us in a rights boss and right positions and make plays and it's really all him.
Speaker 5: You know, he's got a great.
Speaker 14: Staff put together right now, and uh, you know, we got great players that go out there and make the plays.
Speaker 7: That he's put together.
Speaker 1: How would you discribe the confidence of the defense? I mean it just seems like you like even getting ten yards and you guys as a challenge, how would you describe confidence?
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, I mean we're a team that I mean, like you said, like, shoot, you give ten yards on this word, We're gonna be upset no matter what. It is, a big play we're gonna be upset, you know. You know, we're probably gonna have plays we look on film like dang, we could better, way better.
Speaker 5: That's that's to me.
Speaker 3: It's great though.
Speaker 14: You want a defense like that because you never want to be satisfied, you know, Like I said, I'm gonna satisfied. I dropped the pick today in whoever it is. But you know, I feel we're, like we said, we're a bunch of excuse my French, We're a bunch.
Speaker 5: Of assholes out there.
Speaker 14: I mean, it is what it is, and we want to be the best defense we could be.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. That was Geno Stone. Now, if you want more of a breakdown of everything that we saw out there today, head over to the Lounge podcast feed. Ryan make and I break it all down for you and go in depth in this win. Make sure you leave a rating and review and hit that subscribe button here and on the Lounge feed as well. Thanks so much for listening. We'll be back with you tomorrow with head coach John Harballs. Monday afternoon Press