Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Honda. When you test her off to all the electric Prologue SUV, there's a lot that can impress you about it. There's the generous passenger space, the clean, thoughtful design, and the intuitive technology. But out of everything, what you really love most is that it's a Honda. Visit Honda dot Com slash EV two see offers.
Speaker 2: Welcome in. Everybody's the Fantasy Bros. MLB.
Speaker 3: This is leading off live and it'd be Joey b Joephi's a here with me of course is the Welsh, and it's you, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks hanging out in the chat.
Speaker 2: And it's somebody's birthday today. Not the Welsh. We already did that one. That mine either.
Speaker 3: It's our producer, Michael Cally. Let's wish him a happy birthday in the chat. Our producer is every day and set our other producer here at Fantasy Pros hanging out with us today learning the ones and twos. So it's kind of like when Nick Kurtz came up to the big leagues and orientee Welsh.
Speaker 2: That's how I look.
Speaker 4: Today where he sat, Yeah, he's sat for the day isn't it ironic too?
Speaker 5: This is gonna be like it's a Callie's birthday.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be like his last show, Like we're gonna get our other producer coming in here.
Speaker 5: He's just happy birthday. You don't have to come and hang out with us anymore. Cali.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was his wish. We blow out his candles.
Speaker 3: Please don't let me work with those morons a single second longer.
Speaker 2: That was what he was trying to say. But uh, you know, that's fine. That's fine. Everybody should get their birthday wishes at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: And my wish is to give away our newest latest giveaway to one of our beautiful peanuts and cracker Jacks because we've got a Jose Ramirez Guardians jersey signed by Jose Ramirez from Pristine Auction dot Com. All you need to do to get involved to win this bad boy, he used to drop your comments below and ring the beltill it goes ding for notifications and that's it. Be a subscriber of Fantasy Pros MLB on the YouTube channel. That's how you do it. So if you're watching on video and Demand, drop your comments, subscribe to the channel and win this bad boy. We're live on our Twitch every single Monday through Friday noon Eastern time.
Speaker 2: Let's get to the baseball.
Speaker 3: And I'm mad Welsh because I was going back and forth yesterday morning. I had Santander and I had Sodo, and I had Sodo, and I took him out and I put Santander and then I thought about it again, and I said, no, just leave it alone. And I should have had soda because he had two home runs yesterday and I would be very close to the board going into the weekend. So bummer. Uh, just wanted to vent about that. I mean, people are complaining that Juan Soto somehow is not living up to these expectations, which is just hilarious to me. Wan Soto is still have an OBP that's close to four hundred.
Speaker 2: I just don't understand.
Speaker 5: I think it's true.
Speaker 4: I think that's true, but it's because the expectations are. Yeah, it's he's sky high. Does that mean he's going to be a disappointment. It's been one month, everybody relaxed. But he's hitting two fifty and he got a gajillion dollars, so I think it's fair to say he's not living up to expectation.
Speaker 3: But to nive homers, fourteen rubies, two steals, and eight twenty two, well, well he had.
Speaker 4: Three homers before yesterday. Though before yesterday, let's point that out. There's a little bit of a disappointment. But it was all the all the anticipation in the world was with him. The expectations are higher on him than almost any other player in baseball, so I think that's relatively fair. But he's heating up, and that's why you don't, you know, knock him too far down.
Speaker 5: I just did my redraft.
Speaker 4: I'm messing with my redraft rankings, and I actually find it really tough with him as far as like the redraft outfield ranks go, because you know, sky high. But Kyle Tucker's been amazing, Tatis has been amazing, Corman, Carrol higher, I moved them all above Soto, but he's still top five.
Speaker 3: Okay, Like I said, nobody can live up to that contract. It's absurd, it's ridiculous. It's I mean, all he has to do is just be wan total, just play. That's all it's got to happen.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: We do have some Mike Trout updates too, that just came across a little while ago. I will share them with you just a moment. I want to get to Vlad Guerrero Junior. Another go ahead home run for him, three run dinger in the eighth. Blue Jays get the victory four to two over the Red Sox. Paul Skeins wasn't great yesterday. No, the start before fantastic against the Dodgers. Five innings, three runs. I think this is just these human two strikeouts. That was the big bummer against the Cubs. Any takeaways or anything you just think it's bad, start, shake it off or any problems you saw yesterday from Skins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was watching this one. He definitely he definitely wasn't himself. Fifty two fastball percentage, sweeper splitter where I mean, this is like the Zach Gallon thing I've been focused on. You don't throw enough strikes. He's different schemes because you've got these monster, big pitches. But it's like, if you don't throw enough strikes, people are not gonna swing at They're not gonna try to like push through anything. It's like you can just sit on, let's say a fastball if all the pitches are not going for strikes and it's just you sit on a fastball and you get it in somewhere in the zone. He wasn't in the zone in this one, twenty five percent with rate probably one of the lowest we've seen. He had one whiff on his fastball and his called strike and whift percentage was twenty six percent.
Speaker 5: Super mem Yore.
Speaker 4: They got to him quite early, and just you know, I don't think there's anything else to take away outside of like he is a bit human. Velo was down a tiny bit little tick like a half mile per hour.
Speaker 5: But he's just not invincible, I think is the big key.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get a question here from Red Sox fan. I need pitching.
Speaker 3: Do I give up Devs for Shota Biby Myers or try to push for Crochet. Well, you're not getting Crochet for devor so unless you're pushing Juan Sota into.
Speaker 2: That mix instead. Let's see Shota for Devers. I would do that. I don't love Shota's deeper stuns, but I would do that.
Speaker 5: It's only one I would really do.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 5: I like Meyer.
Speaker 4: Biby's struggling right now, but I neither one of those guys I think are worth the push, unless you know you've been like Joe and you're just like this is bad and I'm out on devors.
Speaker 5: I would I would say it's Shota.
Speaker 4: Or not do that trade, or you know, go and try, go and try for Crochet if you can.
Speaker 3: Lee's got a question here too, or Milver's statement, you guys should get the Luca door mask ready for Sinco Demio. So that's gonna be on Monday, So I have to right shake that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: Monday is Sinco Demio. So I've got mine.
Speaker 3: It's back there, that's right here. You have to bring that back. I have to do a little Sinko demiyo here with the Joey Cunnoli.
Speaker 5: Little sink Stinko Stinko Sinco Stinko.
Speaker 2: We can only hope that we can get one of those.
Speaker 3: We can only hope. Speaking of Stinko, let's talk about Mike Trout. He is gonna go on the IL with a bone bruise.
Speaker 2: In his surgically repaired left knee.
Speaker 3: And that brings us to today's Microsoft Chasing Challengers segment, because just like the athletes who push boundaries and redefine what's possible, business decision makers today are turning challenges into opportunities, and Microsoft meets you or you are with tools and guidance to help you make an impact with safe and secure AI solutions. So whatever challenges you're facing, Microsoft empowers you with the expertise to say, bring it on. And in this segment, we're gonna talk about the challenges facing anybody that's ross during Mike Trout. I know nobody wanted to hear it two weeks ago, but I asked the question out loud several times. Is this the time to get out from Mike Trout? And it looks like two years in a row. When I asked the question, the answer was yes.
Speaker 2: And this pains me. Seople think I take joy in this, I don't.
Speaker 3: I hate that I have this ability to sense the reality of things and look at the downside of things far often more than not.
Speaker 2: And Mike Trout is a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: Mike Trout, to this peak, is one of the best baseball players I think any of us have ever seen. But we're in a spot now from a fantasy investment standpoint, Even though you got him cheaper than you ever have before, he's still a liability hitting under two hundred. Yeah, there's some power, but his inability to stay on the field is absolutely crushing and it sucks.
Speaker 2: It's terrible, it's frustrating.
Speaker 3: I don't have the answer for it, except maybe when it comes off the il if he has another good stretch, you take your second shot and you trade him off of that because you missed window number one? Do you get a window number two?
Speaker 2: Maybe? I hope so. But that is this week's Chasing challenges.
Speaker 3: Remember Microsoft AI solutions and power you to take bold steps and have new ideas to help drive your business. But we'd with Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions and reaching new possibilities. Visit Microsoft dot com Slash challengers.
Speaker 2: To learn more. So, Welsh, I'll pose this question to you.
Speaker 3: If you get a second chance to deal Mike Trout by the end of May, are you taking it?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 4: Not looking forward to this today because getting the I told you so, Joe Probably.
Speaker 2: My wife for Joe stradamis yeah, well.
Speaker 4: The least like version of Joe that I know, which is saying one of my best friends, Yeah, one of my best friends, the least like version, because here's where I disagree. There hasn't been a selling point. You keep talking about this. There has not been a selling point. He hasn't hit over two hundred. Yes, he's hit some homers, but it's like the selling point of Eohanio Suarez.
Speaker 5: There isn't a second.
Speaker 3: We had two almost three homers on that Saturday night and then Sunday was back at its smacking balls over place that was you could feel the surge of oh my god, here we go, let's get on the trout train. I think that was it, and that's when I came in Monday, I said, maybe it's time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I still I just don't think it's there. Based on the cost equity of like where you ended up getting him to the injury, things are still okay.
Speaker 5: This isn't the back.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, the surgically like prepared knees and stuff like that has a concern. They're pretty minimal about this. They're like, they think this is going to be low bone bruises are scary. But my problem would have been if this was something in like the back, a degenerative issue that was going to carry over. But if they're saying it's not too crazy, Okay, so let's take that out. It's definitely frustrating that he's injured. But the cost was built in Mike when you drafted Mike Trout. It doesn't matter if you drafted him in third round or the tenth round or the fifteenth round, no matter what you've done, the cost should have been built in that he would miss time. So if you drafted him without thinking he was and hit an eyel at some point, you're a silly goose. So this is one of those situations. Now, if he comes back and he gets, you know, back into like that contact based mic truck, he had an expected batting average of almost two fifty this season, not still not great, but about eighty points higher than or seventy points higher than he was hitting right now. If you get back to that and you want to get out from under it, because you know he could hit a bat bag too hard and he could get hurt.
Speaker 5: Like that's the time to do it. But this was built in.
Speaker 4: He was gonna miss time no matter what. It's like a Jacob Jacob Degronk goes on the iel. I don't want to hear anybody being like, oh I told you so, duh he's not going to pitch the whole season, so wait till he gets back and bounces.
Speaker 2: So let's take twenty overall.
Speaker 5: Let's say I mean I didn't do that start. Yeah, I didn't know, but.
Speaker 2: In a lot of people's list, that's where he was. That's why it's just madness for me.
Speaker 3: Look, I what businessman, Well, if you know me, anybody in their place right the right price?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm listening. I thought the.
Speaker 3: Price was intriguing this year on trout for the first time in a long time, and even still I got zero shares. A good question here from Game Over Jackson Merril when he returns to Garrett Crochet ten team Murdo.
Speaker 2: Who'd rather have? What side of that deal?
Speaker 5: I think Crochet.
Speaker 4: I had Crochet preseason right there, I'd probably go with him. I mean, it's also maybe like, what's your need? You know, if you if you want the like twenty twenty outfielder with a good average Merrill, if you need the offense, if you need the pitching, clearly Crochet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Here's another one from JB and who wins this trade? I get Jordon and Yanna here and send Edmund and Contreras. Uh you win when you get Jordon. That's I mean, this is you're not a struggle for Edmund.
Speaker 4: I don't care, no, no, no, no, I agree, I agree. I'm not trying to do any of that. Like it is clearly your Alvarez. But the reason that it's coming up is because and he's hitting two nineteen. He expected his way lower. Underlying profile is just kind of like under where he's been. This is a knee injury worries. But like Edmund and William Contreras, is a laughable return for a guy like Jordan Alvarez who struggled for one month.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's one from Cookie Jackson Holliday. Droppable at this point depends on what's on the waiver wire. But yeah, especially in shallow leagues one hundred percent, and how long you're giving Kurts or we giving Kurts more more time. I'm giving him another two to three weeks. Welsh, what's your patient's level there? I mean, you called him up. I don't think the athleticians is gonna send him right back down.
Speaker 2: I think that would be kind of stupid.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You also, you guys spent equity on getting him and picking him up, so it's like, should you be done after like a week or two? I would give him. I mean, to be honest with you should probably give him to May. If you don't want to start him, don't start him. I got some situations where I'm not putting him in the starting lineup right now to get figured out, but at least two.
Speaker 5: More weeks at least.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I don't know if Jackson Holiday is dropabile, drop in like ten team leagues. He is, but I'm still not trying to do it anything higher.
Speaker 2: That's fair, that's fair. More news.
Speaker 3: The Welsh was Welsh or Thomas Shelby Miller perfect ninth. See you get things right on the show too. I give you credit when you get things right.
Speaker 2: It's funny. Great.
Speaker 3: When you say I always pop the wash, I'm like, look at Shelby Miller, look out good. I'm right about selling Trout two weeks ago. I'm the villain.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, I'm a bad guy.
Speaker 2: I'm the villain. I'm Joe.
Speaker 3: Every time I'm mad about something, nobody's happy.
Speaker 2: I'm ecstatic.
Speaker 4: I give you tons of credit. That one that's a specific one, that's a very specific one.
Speaker 2: That I don't so it hurts you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's also annoying.
Speaker 2: It's just business. It's just business.
Speaker 5: Well, Aaron Judge the other day, you're doing fine, You're doing.
Speaker 2: Fine, Miller. What's the value on the waiver wire of Shelby Miller right now?
Speaker 5: I think it's it's pretty good.
Speaker 4: I was actually doing a little livestream myself yesterday and I was taking a look and I was like, you know, let's take a look at the order of what they did the day before with the Diamondbacks, and they had a you know, full healthy roster.
Speaker 5: And they went Ginkle, they went Shelby, and then they went Justin Martinez.
Speaker 4: So I kind of speculated midway through that Diamondbacks game, I think we're gonna see Shelby. He's had a great fastball this year. He's been kind. He's had one blip, but he's been kind of unhittable. Ginkle's coming back from an injury. Let's see what goes on now. To be fair, Ginkle came in a high leverage situation. He was facing Lindor, he was facing Toto, and well, he gave up a bomb to Soto. So he gave up a bomb to Soto, got through those guys almost blew it all. After that, he looked, well, he got out of it, but he put those guys on second and third and then he got out of the inning. That was great, and Shelby came in and cleaned that bad boy up. So I think whatever it is, it's for a month at least. I think Justin Martinez is going to be out for a month. I personally think it's going to be Shelby the way through, but there's a possibility that Ginkle is their fireman and could get a couple of those safe situations, so act accordingly. I do think he's going to be more the primary guy. I don't think it's bad to have speculate it on Ginkle. I don't think yesterday told us everything. But I sure do think that the are going to go to Shelby in this next outing. So you know, what do you spend I don't know. You know, it's kind of like Luke.
Speaker 2: Weavers, and depending on your need, I think that's.
Speaker 5: That's like a Luke Weaver slash cade Smith. What you were doing with.
Speaker 2: That should do?
Speaker 3: I would put over him if it was priority waivers for sure, because you know the Anks already like him in that role. By the way, A put a poll up there, seventy thirty. Time to sell Mike Trout is the yes, it is time. So maybe you get a second change.
Speaker 5: Why would you sell him when he's hitting under two hundred And.
Speaker 2: I'm saying the second time when he comes back.
Speaker 3: Because as you said, not how he phrased it, And I think the phrasing is when you get in the next opportunity to get out, you don't miss this second time.
Speaker 4: I think if that's how we phrased it, then that's fine. If we just said, should we sell my tut Trout, now, that's silly.
Speaker 2: LuSE arrows. By the way, question, Yeah, that's what it was right there.
Speaker 5: Time to sell right now. I'm sorry. I didn't mean takkob, but he just phrased it time to sell Trout.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, But I gave the caveat if you get a second chance. I think, like Peters and Crackers, Shacks are very bright. You know you gotta give them credit, even Uncle baby Billy despite all his Bible bonking that he does. So Vester Shelby, I just want to get this question answered for loose arrows.
Speaker 5: Shelby, Okay, for me.
Speaker 2: See how easy that one? All right?
Speaker 3: Also in the bad news depart a lot of bad news. Don't worry, We've got some fun stuff on the show today. But Jake Berger sent down the triple A. He's at the buck ninety with a two thirty one OBP, a three thirty slugging, I mean, just awful. Thirty two strikeouts, just three walks in thirty games. Wash, what happened to Jake Berger?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is wels Elle for sure. Excoose me.
Speaker 4: I thought we were going to bounce back. I still stupidly do think we are going to get back to it. But this is a bad sign.
Speaker 5: His strikeout rate is up.
Speaker 4: Ironically, though, you look across the board, if you're trying to like peace smell, you know who he is as an underlying hitter.
Speaker 5: It's kind of the same.
Speaker 4: You know, he's barreling, he's hitting the ball hard, he is striking out, and he's making like a little bit less worse contact. But that's feels like he could bounce back against fastballs. He's hitting one twenty five but an expected two thirty three. And he had, you know, at least in the first couple of weeks when I was really active about buying him. Give one of the lowest Babittson baseball. It's still low at two thirty nine, but it's really materialized a lot better. But yeah, this is an l it is it's a total l on Burger because they're gonna let him go get right, he's gonna come back down.
Speaker 5: Maybe they're gonna mess with swings and stuff when he comes.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you right now, when he comes back up, I am picking him back up because I think we can get back to that version.
Speaker 5: But he is a massive cut right now.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be one of the most drop I can guarantee you.
Speaker 3: So if you are a deeper league and someone drops him, I'm with well to pick him up for two bucks and see what happens, because I'm sure he'll figure out whatever mechanically is wrong. Something is wrong, very wrong here. I mean, Jake Berger is a streaky guy. He is part of strikeouts, but he's a very powerful hitter. He was really good with the White Sox. Marlin's like, this is an opportunity here to buy on for nothing, So I would do it. Uh, if you have been with us since the beginning, if you're an og Peanuts and cracker Jack's member. Then this bit of news here is gonna really hit home for you, and you're gonna get this joke.
Speaker 2: The Tigers designated Kent to Maida for assignment. That's kent to Maeta.
Speaker 4: Welsh is if you signed with the Mets, pretty great.
Speaker 2: Kent to Maida. Now you say Kaguchi kent to Maida.
Speaker 5: Speaking of that jersey I got someday. That is sad. That's very said Paul, for a beloved character on the show.
Speaker 3: You can try it all right. Let's get to the three up and three down. Louis Robert drove it four runs. Somebody's getting hot, stole a base. Let's go, is that gallon? You got the good gallon yesterday?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: For to win over the Mets, they're eight strikeouts for Gallon that one and say is a Zuki not one but two homers?
Speaker 2: They are gonna win over the Pirates. A big day from sea the downs.
Speaker 3: Craig Yoho gave up five runs, walked four, only got three outs there.
Speaker 2: Walk Yeah, he walked the blank.
Speaker 3: Indeed, Shane bos was over three on bets yesterday. It's brtal Shane Bose. What happened seven runs nine to his five and two thirds against the Royals. A team that can't get out of their own way to score runs. What in the world.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, it's very funny. So while I was doing the stream, I was looking at his stuff and I got this in vision of Shane Boz being just like Zach Gallen. The only difference is Shane boss is a good fastball. Zach Allen does not have a good fastball. But what's been the issue with Zach Allen all year. If he's not commanding the fastball, he can't get the knuckle curve and the change up to do the stuff. What happened with Shane Boz he did not throw for strikes. The fastball and the knuckle curve in change up which he both throws were not effective and he was super super ineffective. He had command issues. There's been some commandy issue games that are out there. He's got a much better fastball, probably frankly, even though Gallen was good in this last start for Boz on the big strike out side, but you know, he's got a little bit of Zach Gallon in him where there might be consistencies if the fastball isn't going for strikes. He's just not getting to those other and Gallon does a better job, at least in the past of being able to throw those secondaries for strikes.
Speaker 5: Boz needs to learn to do that. But he just it wasn't there.
Speaker 4: And it kind of shows you that I got a lot of crap from some people about not having Shane boss Hire. My Dynasty ranks and he should be high. But it's like just because of like four starts doesn't make him infallible.
Speaker 3: It goes back to last year. They were very good. I saw the tracks on his starts. I think it was the last twelve about I think like a week or two ago when I was putting together some stats for the TV show on Sunday on Sports Cared, and I it was very impressive. Like you go back, I think over the twelve starts and he was just brilliant. You know, for the most parts, it's really solid quality star machine.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So look, bad outings from him yesterday, bad ads from schemes. We hate that one. More down on the day and we'll get to some more questions. William Contreras over four snapped the nine game hitting streak here's a question from Michael front of the show.
Speaker 2: Bucks In or Luis Robert. It's Louis Robert for me, and it ain't close.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, Buxton is actually surprisingly the counting stats like you go, look, you're like, whoa six homers and seven stolen bases, batting average is still struggling.
Speaker 5: That's kind of Luise Robert s.
Speaker 4: But Robert is kind of coming out of some of the bad He is loud counting stats. I mean, there's an injury history, but it's not as big as Buckston's. And we assume a trade is going to be happening in the near future. So it's it's Robert for sure, all.
Speaker 3: Right, little rookie, lookie time, Bubba Chandler. One run, five innings, nine strikeouts in triple A.
Speaker 2: What are we waiting for? Welsh? It's got to be this week, right, it has to be this week.
Speaker 4: I personally believe the next start is in the majors. They've said nothing to so you know, I could easily be wrong about this. I guess that would line up to like Tuesday. I think we get an announcement this weekend that he's going to make a start on Tuesday. Tuesday, Wednesday, whatever it is, they'll make a little bit of a to do about it, but give us a little bit of a heads up.
Speaker 5: I could be wrong. I think there was some discourse out.
Speaker 4: There about how the pirates had brought up I think it was Jared Jones or Schemes whatever around mid May. So mid May is that number they like to do. So it might be a tad bit early. But I don't know what you're waisting your bullets for. He was great again, he's hitting a hundred. He's throwing all of his pitches for strikes now, so get him in there, pick him up. I think it's this next one. They might push us one more.
Speaker 5: But I can't be a.
Speaker 2: Five inning picture in the major leagues.
Speaker 3: We know this, Like, you know, don't expect him to go out there and you know, throw complete game shot outs anytime soon or anything like that.
Speaker 2: He will be limited.
Speaker 5: He throws a lot of pictures because he's a strikeout guy too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, And that's the thing. It's a he's a five inning pitcher.
Speaker 3: Understand that and realize that maybe just maybe is peripherals the whip in the ra because of maybe some inefficiencies there.
Speaker 2: It might be a little artificially.
Speaker 5: High, but thank you, Jared Jones.
Speaker 3: You're getting in for strikeouts. Yeah, you're getting in for strikeouts. Well, Jared Jones was pretty efficient last April May. I actually seventh some of those starts, I.
Speaker 4: Know, But I think I think Bubba Chandler could come in and be more efficient than because Jared Jones is a big, primary two pitch pitcher. Bubba's got four that he can go to, and he's got one of the.
Speaker 5: Best fastballs out there.
Speaker 4: So I actually think I'm gonna be surprised if Bubba is able to go six. The problem is, again, is like he throws. It's kind of Dylan.
Speaker 5: Cease like, like he throws a lot of pitches, he gets.
Speaker 4: Strikeouts, but then all of a sudden, you're ninety five pitches into the fifth inning and you can't go much further.
Speaker 5: But you know, what are you spending? That's relative I suppose to your league. But like he's the number one pitching prospect out there to pick up.
Speaker 4: He would have probably a full season in front of him, so I would be pretty aggressive.
Speaker 5: I would be shocked if he goes for less.
Speaker 4: Than twenty to twenty five percent of anyone's fab in wherever you're at in your league right now.
Speaker 3: Ross Pants lost, Westburg Jazz and possibly Campbell. Who would you offer Sandy for Simmy and a fourteen team head to head categories league?
Speaker 2: You know what, I think I would.
Speaker 5: That's a poop for poop with poop for poop.
Speaker 3: But you know, I don't think Simmy is a guy with a five hundred ohps the rest of the season. Contre is gonna take a little bit longer, I think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's fine.
Speaker 4: I think they're both like generally players that are like massively underperforming that I do believe are going to bounce back. Our conscious is really weird right now. Simeon just this is what he does. But he is getting older. But I think that's a fine trade, especially if you're just banged up across the.
Speaker 2: Board, Welsh, Is Hoglin worth a stream?
Speaker 4: This is what Michael Gunner Hogling coming up today. What is interesting about it is it's Miami and the strikeouts. Yeah, maybe Hoglin has had a lot of injuries, but his velo's up as he's healthy this year. Fastball is back up. I think he's throwing a slighter, harder He's had a really really good early minor league season. Yeah, I think you can stream him against the Marlins if you are just.
Speaker 3: Looking at him this morning, because I do the Rookie Report as a segment too, So Friday, I get everything ready for Sunday right two four to three ERA currently six starts, twenty nine and things thirty strikeouts, just seven walks. The whip is at one point zero four. So if you're looking for somebody to pick up and stream for the Athletics, and they could do some help in that rotation, so that would not be crazy. You know what else I saw too, There was a couple guys in that San Francisco system too.
Speaker 2: Kyle Harrison was one. I'm trying to remember who the other one was that was kind.
Speaker 5: Of popping off there in the Giant systems.
Speaker 2: In the Giant system, yeah.
Speaker 4: Carston wizen Hunt would be the other one. Wizon Hunt's got a great, great change up if that's where you're looking at.
Speaker 5: Kyle Harrison's been solid as well.
Speaker 2: Damn I'll find the other one. But Harrison right now I think is leading the.
Speaker 3: PCL in strikeouts, which I was kind of shocked about it. He's a thirty eight or something like that. I believe I'm gonna find the other name too. I saw win't Hunt also, but they had a couple guys there that I I just it kind of surprised me that that's where the stats were for those pitchers. Right now, I'm trying to find it right now, here we go. Let's go International League, Pacific Coast League, please, Okay, So looking at this, Kyle Harrison thirty eight strikeouts, eight walks, three four six ERA, Cayden Dana obviously with the Angels two four or five ERA, he's pitched pretty well.
Speaker 2: Wizzen Hunt is pitched well. There was another no, Carson Seymour.
Speaker 3: That was the other guy. Thirty strikeouts, eleven walks. He's got a one point nine to three ERA. I know it wasn't wiz Hunting, it was somebody else. So they've got three legit arms down there right now that are crushing it. Do you see the Giants making any moves here as some of these rotation spots, you know, as we start to get deeper into May and then June, where some of these kids might make some I mean, Harrison's had his cup of coffee already in the big leagues but do you think you might see some of these changes for the Giants at some point?
Speaker 4: Maybe it's funny baby Billy put In. I was gonna say, Joe Whitman too. I like Joe Whitman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think what's more like?
Speaker 4: And maybe I'm not one hundred percent sure if you were meaning like that they were gonna make changes to put these young guys in, or they were gonna move these young guys, because I think it's more likely that they would moilve some of these young guys. The problem is that division is just ridiculous. With the Padres shout out to Cali, the Diamondbacks and the Dodgers. You know, are they willing to trade young, controllable pitching for what? I kind of think it's probably more likely that you get some of these young guys in the rotation, But I.
Speaker 5: Don't think all of them.
Speaker 4: I think it is Kyle Harrison and Wizzen Hunt if you were speculating, though, Look.
Speaker 3: Web's not going anywhere. Verlander has been all right, you know, Hicks hasn't been great. Robbie Ray is walking the ballpark landon Roup.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. These names don't jump off the page.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at these kids at Triple A in the PCL no less just fire and darts man striking out guys everywhere, and those guys in that ballpark right when you start shifting to a pitcher friendly environment. Keep an eye on these guys. I would at least put some watch lists on them. Injuries to talk about. It does look like we're getting the IL retroactive for Jazz Chisholm, so that news just came out before the show. Claybor Dora is three for three with a homer and then he left the game with an injury. But he cannot stay healthy this year. Christian Campbell is day to day right now. We'll keep an eye on that Walker Buehler. I know Walker Bueller heading for additional testing on his right shoulder after his start on Saturday. He wasn't feeling good about bouncing back apparently, so that could be a huge blow for this rotation. They just get Giolito back and now maybe you lose Walker Buell or that stinks, Welsh.
Speaker 5: Uh, it does stink. I'm I'm not a big fan of this one.
Speaker 4: I mean, Geelito coming back is like a big boon, but Walker Buehler if he if he misses any significant amount of time, because you know, there's some inconsistencies, but like he's been a very startable pitcher. There's gonna be more pressure put on gi Alito, and I'm not sure that they have the depth out there. They might need to make a move that team. You know, that division is just a wide open right now. If they start, you know, yes, you got Gielito back, but then if you're gonna lose Bueller at all and Richly Bayos at.
Speaker 2: It too recently, So that was another one that came.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you might need to look at some depth. You might need to make a look at.
Speaker 3: A cruiseet g Alito, how to bueler Bayo right now, I don't think they're gonna I think the experiment of witlock in the rotation is done.
Speaker 5: You would agree, right, I think? I mean, I think, so.
Speaker 3: Okay, is there anybody immediately that you'll be looking up, you know, coming up from that system.
Speaker 5: No, that's what I was talking about.
Speaker 4: I don't I just don't think they're like, I don't think there's the guys out there. Just No, Fitz was the guy before so and he's hurt so I just don't. I think they might need to look for a trade as far as depth goes.
Speaker 2: So the Red Sox rotation taking some lumps right now.
Speaker 3: Sal Perez left the game with HIPSWORDUS, so keep it on that going into the weekend.
Speaker 2: For a daily transaction lead, you might need another catcher.
Speaker 3: Kumar Rocker is going to throw it at a bullpen session sometime next week. Corey Seeger hopes to be back tomorrow from the IL. That's good news. Cole Reagan's will throw a bullpen session Friday. And then well, she were texting with katel Marte, I think right before the show.
Speaker 4: And when he was on the plane, actually when he was on the plane flying to Philly. He posted on his Instagram yesterday from Philly. Iink Katell is back in the lineup too. There's a possibility they might want to, you know, have him get there and acclimate and sit, but I don't see why. So I think my dear close friend Katel Marte will be back in the lineup today as soon as the I mean, I haven't looked at the diamonbacks rosters out. If it's not today, it's tomorrow, but I think it is. It is a marte parte, as we say in Arizona, it's the.
Speaker 3: Best kind of party. All right, Welsh, it's that time again. It's time for the best bets of the day with Joey p.
Speaker 2: And the Welsh.
Speaker 3: And I need to come back from yesterday, oh with three yesterday. Well, we're not gonna do that. Let's talk about Francisco Lindor right now. To score a run minus one twenty five, but he's got great numbers in his career. Three homers really tears up Sonny Gray. So I'm looking at Lindor Investments tonight. I've got a fun little prop too. If you bet the home run with these other two here, the Dela Cruz, the Mountcastle numbers that I've got here.
Speaker 2: For you, you.
Speaker 3: Can make a real pretty penny just ten bucks. Get you five hundred and a parlay of that and hear me out because it's not absurd. Like I said, Lindor owns Sunday Gray, you're getting five to one on that, Ellie Dela Cruz.
Speaker 2: Why do I like him to steal base tonight?
Speaker 3: Well, Kybert Ruiz is only thrown out about twenty percent of base runners so far this year.
Speaker 2: He has not been good.
Speaker 3: Just at twenty six percent, you're getting almost two to one here plus one ninety four on Ellie de la Cruz base the Major League dude when it comes to stolen base, is a good opportunity here for him, and I think that is an investment. I am ready to make. I love this one tonight again Kybert struggling to throw runners out. Ella de la Cruz will take advantage of that, I think this evening. And then finally Ryan Moutcastle plus one seventy.
Speaker 2: Now Mincastle has not been.
Speaker 3: Good, however against Michael Waka in twenty two at bats he has a fourteen hundred ops. So it's the perfect time for Ryan Moultcastle to turn things around here plus one seventy to drive in a run again, very good historical numbers. A little batter verse pitcher action tonight here for me with Lindor against Gray Mountcastle against the aforementioned Michael Waka Welsh. What do you have for the folks today on a fun Friday betting stream.
Speaker 4: We are going to jump back into some strikeout props. We're gonna get back into it. We're gonna get to Dylan C's We don't often see a six and a half Dillan cease and it's against a Pirates team, so I really like I like this matchup, especially on the top end. I think Dylan Cees could lock this down by the fourth inning, love if we get one of those seven inning Dylan ceases. But plus money at six and a half, there's not a number we see a ton on on Dylan c So I'm jumping over that. Max Freed. Max Freed going up against the Rays. Rays kind of bouncing back and forth as far as the strikeouts go, but Max Freed has been absolutely phenomenal. I think we're gonna get a big, big performance out of him today. So minus one twenty at six strikeouts for Max Freed, you could even parlay them if you want to have fun. But I was crappy yesterday too, So maybe fade and then I'm gonna go with a full game money line play. We're gonna go with the Mariners plus one. Uh it's minus one fifteen unfortunate unfortunately not a birthday play here. I think it's minus Maybe I wrote that wrong. I'm not sure, but that I think it's a minus money play. Seattle up against the Texas Rangers, but we have got Brian Wu on the mound, and we got you.
Speaker 5: Know, there's no Seger that's there. Yeah, it is minus one fifteen. We got no Corey Seger.
Speaker 4: We got Burger out of the lineup, which by the way, might not be the best thing in the world.
Speaker 5: We might want Jake Berger in there.
Speaker 4: But Brian Wu just been phenomenal offense picking up a little bit, So we're gonna go full game Seattle moneyline minus one fifteen with a couple strikeout props.
Speaker 3: Remember, if you're going to wager, we've got lots of offers going on for you right now. Go to Fantasypros dot com slash leading Off and new customers can place five dollars bets and if it wins, you get two hundred and fifty en bonus bets from FanDuel. Today at Fantasypros dot com slash leading Off, and don't forget, we've got Betting Pros Free Trial still available, so once again the seven day free trial Betting Pros Premium is out there. You could download the Betting Pros app wherever you get your apps, plug in that code leading off and you'll unlock exclusive betting tools. So if you're sitting around this weekend, you get lots more access to fun things like the MLB prop at cheat sheet, the betting systems and the same game partly builder sharp Ai, so much more available for you with the best tools in the planet. The free tools are great, the premium tools are even better, So don't be a tool. Use the tools of betting pros. Use that promo code leading off when you download, and the prop bet cheat sheet that I just mentioned is fantastic. The prop bet cheat sheet, you can sort it by the different props. You can just plug in the player and you get everything you're looking at. That I'm telling you it is the absolute cheat code to betting props.
Speaker 2: So go ahead, get in there.
Speaker 3: Use the premium I talked about before in the promo code leading off, use the prop bet cheat sheet to make you successful this weekend and every day betting Major League Baseball.
Speaker 4: By the way, shout out again our boy Braction with the raid for non For the YouTubers out there that don't see it later but on twitch our boy Braction as he obviously ends out the stream, just bringing the fam in here, So shout out to everybody that's coming to hang in at the end of the show, of course, but shout out for the raid uh on the twitch for some fantasy pros, and we had.
Speaker 3: Some enormous numbers too, by the way that I believe we're just about going to surpass all of last year's numbers for views on YouTube for MLB for Fantasy pros already, probably sometime next week. That is co and that is about you, guys. It's about the Peanuts and the Crackerjacks, the people who love the show. I know a lot of you say, well, this is my show. I don't want to share it around, so trust us share it around. We appreciate it. We like to have the viewers. I know you feel like it's the secret weapon stuff. But if you love baseball, you know people who love baseball share the channel with them.
Speaker 5: This week, do you really want to hide a show?
Speaker 4: We're going to be wearing Luca door masks on Monday for Cinco de Mayo, Like, will you want to hide that?
Speaker 3: What a hilarious intro right where you get all of a sudden, these people tuning in for the first time on Monday and us wearing Luca door masks.
Speaker 2: That's not jarring at all.
Speaker 3: Let's get to the home run board and see who's in the lead for the Sami Sosa jersey from Pristine Auction. It's Marty today, Tira wow, and look at cookie. Chub's at thirteen far out. Welsh is at ten. I am still lurking, man. I would have had did won't you say I have yesterday?
Speaker 2: Six?
Speaker 5: I think you would have been like one under the board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have been eight if I had Soto instead. I do not.
Speaker 3: So this weekend I'm taking Francisco Lindor right all weekend against the Saint Louis Cardinals. He's got good numbers against Suddy Gray, He's got good numbers against Fetti. He's the Cardinals are not great. Hellsley, by the way, is gonna get traded two U later too. There's a lot of teams that are going to knock in for him, I think.
Speaker 2: From Saint Louis.
Speaker 3: So he will be the closer on a contender, I think sooner than later. But you're getting a huge number on Lindor today. If you want to bet at two plus five twenty right now?
Speaker 2: Is that number? Welsh?
Speaker 3: Where are you going for your home run call today? And is it in perpetuity? Or is it just for Friday.
Speaker 4: H It is in perpetuity unless I change it over the weekend, which I might.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I'm get in there, hang out you know where we can do that.
Speaker 4: By the way, on the Fantasy Pros Discord, Fantasypros dot Com slash chat you can join up. We got all the rooms. We got the home run room, we got the cleaning up room for the show, which, by the way, officially Monday, five pm Eastern. I actually don't know if it's gonna be a Rico. Rico's down for the count right now, so we have to see what happens there. But in theory that shows moved. But we do secret shows on there. We've got the home run channel and a ton more. Go and check it out. I can go into that room and make my changes, as you guys can do the same here. When you have a Prime account or when you get the sub here using Prime or whatever you do, you get access to the home run contests.
Speaker 5: Who want to do it?
Speaker 4: Okay, all of that said, I'm going with Schwarberfest. It is not officially Schwarberfest time, but you know what, we brought it up yesterday. It had me thinking. We got Merle Meryl Kelly, that's going to be pitching today. As a Diamondback fan, of course I love, but Merril's going to be.
Speaker 5: The death of us. And Nozardo's out there.
Speaker 4: There's some wind pulling out to right field as well. Schwarber's getting a bomb. I might take two today. We're going to push up the board and he will be my in perpetuity through the weekend until.
Speaker 5: I maybe change it. We'll see, I have decision. I can do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: When you subscribe to the YouTube channel Fantasy Bros MLB, you're entered automatically. When you comment on a video to win this bad boy hose Aeron Mirraz autograph Jersey again, ring the bell to let Goes Dings. You never miss a moment of Fantasy baseball goodness. We've also got the Psycho shows happening as well over the weekend to help you with more of the waiver wire pickups. Our waiver stuff is out there, our trade stuff is out there. Mayor Worm put their stuff out there too for you guys on the weekend to take a look at, so you are prepared.
Speaker 2: But again can show you to support the channel, Share the channel we love it. Yes, go ahead. Do you see this?
Speaker 5: You're gonna love this.
Speaker 4: Michael in the chat said Welsh, if I come to Philly, he'll treat me to some cheese steak. See the fans, they love Jersey. I love, but they want me to. I've never been to Philly, but I will take you up on that offense.
Speaker 2: I coast at all.
Speaker 4: Tennessee is the only place on the East Coast's coast. Then, no, I haven't. It seemed very easty to me. It's the most east I've been.
Speaker 3: If Tennessee seems easty for you, I cannot wait to introduce you to my old neighborhood in Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: That that will be the.
Speaker 3: Most easty you can possibly fathom. That'll be a good time, although it might be a little bit more Russian nowadays.
Speaker 4: About to say, I'm very westy up in the Bay Area, so I know that part. But yes, never been to New York, never Philly, never Florida, never any of him.
Speaker 5: I want to do it.
Speaker 4: I want to be a jet flying son of a gun and see all of you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got it.
Speaker 5: We'll have to wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on and look Philly. I love the cheese sticks. I went to school in Philadelphia. I lived there for a couple of years after. Philly is a great city. It's one of my favorite places to eat, drink, and be merry. It's tough to live there a long period of time when you're from New York. There's just little idiosyncratic things about Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: But if I had to.
Speaker 3: Pick another city to live, actually, I think living in Philly is better than living in New York.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest with you one hundred percent. Sometimes New York is just too much.
Speaker 3: Phill is a little bit more laid back, and I think now that I'm more laid back.
Speaker 2: I think I can handle it a little better.
Speaker 3: By the way, I made Michael do all this work. And it's his birthday, so I want to have some fun. It's a fun Friday. We talked about the Jared Kellernick brand. We didn't do this yesterday, did we. Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he has like a whole No, we didn't do this at all. Okay, Well you should refresh, you should refresh.
Speaker 3: It though, Well, I'm gonna reach I'm gonna reframe refresh for everybody, so stupid Joey Pee. Remember that Jared Kellnick had his own brand of clothes, his own website and all these things that Jared Kelnick had promoting Jared Kelnick before there were Shador Sanders. Jared Kelnick was legendary and it was all these videos about him training and the grind and you could see him working out and all these things. And he had the do we have the Jared Kelnick merch picture too? Of what the logo was there?
Speaker 2: It is JK.
Speaker 3: It turned out to be prophetic because you said, had jaredy you're a baseball player, right, he goes, now, JK.
Speaker 5: Gonna be an all star JK. That's actually kay. I love this kind of fire.
Speaker 4: But it has like a really yeahs an unfortunate Okay, it has an unfortunate connotation.
Speaker 3: Also unfortunate has not been updated since twenty twenty one, so a lot.
Speaker 4: What do you think would happen if you bought one right now? Do you think it would even?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: Go nowhere?
Speaker 2: Can't you can't? I tried.
Speaker 3: I tried it, and you know it just got sent down. I thought he could use a couple of bucks, but you can't. It's it's no longer available.
Speaker 5: It's a dead and.
Speaker 2: You can watch just working.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there you go, so you might have to go to eBay to get the Jared kel Nick merch. But it's a cautionary tale, you know, careful before we get to big fear breches. You might want to have a little bit of a career first, then you can get big fear breitches like me.
Speaker 2: Burch is so small, complained.
Speaker 5: To what would your logo be? We need you know, we need we need uh, we need someone out there.
Speaker 2: It's a bald head.
Speaker 4: Let's see if we can do a better a Jared Kellnick logo. We need a Joey p one and a Welsh one. It would be well what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Since he a long time podcast listener, first time catching live, Joey p never sounded bald.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked. What We've been on YouTube for three years.
Speaker 3: I'm on television every single week for at least five Yeah.
Speaker 2: What does sounding bald mean? What does it even mean? Welsh?
Speaker 5: I mean it's kind of your brand, So I don't know.
Speaker 4: Sounding bald, no bald, Like you're just like I had somebody do that a long time ago. They thought like Bogman was tall and I was some short like loud guy or whatever, and.
Speaker 5: It's like okay, like I don't. I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't put into what you guys hear our visual ass Like if you only listen to us, you've created some version.
Speaker 3: Mind people who just listen and never watch the show to draw what they think we look like and then show them on the show.
Speaker 2: Maybe there you go, you.
Speaker 5: Go either way.
Speaker 4: The Bella just said Marte is playing today Marte Parte today officially in Boom.
Speaker 5: Oh wait Marte, text me there you go?
Speaker 2: Oh there, oh yeah, there you go. Great on that note.
Speaker 3: That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 2: Kids. Enjoy your weekend to see thunderblts. Oh it's great you guys.
Speaker 3: You can meet Kattel in Philadelphia and go get cheese steaks.
Speaker 5: With oh good friends. Maybe he could send us plane to come pick me up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, private jet to pick up.
Speaker 5: Well, that that'll get me to the East coast.
Speaker 2: Jackson Merrill can go too,