Speaker 1: Welcome to get it to Dutch. A screenwriter's journey. I'm marked, that's Greg, that's Brendan, for a team of Hollywood screenwriters who meet every week to read from original screenplay that one of us has written. We give notes, we rank the scripts, and at the end of the season, we're going to pitch the best script to big time Hollywood producer Dutch Huxley, who is dead, so instead we're pitching to his son, Duck, who's rumored to be taking over his dad's empire at Victory Pictures. WHOA, I have feeling great today. Wow, let's get into it. This is my script.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait.
Speaker 3: What is going on? This is a new Mark.
Speaker 4: I'm Brendan. I have to say that or I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal, guys.
Speaker 1: I have started a new process, a new philosophy, a new life journey.
Speaker 3: Oh, a new screenwriting, A new screenwriting process.
Speaker 1: I have not ejaculated in one hundred and forty four hours. WHOA, I'm on a semen retention plan and I feel unstoppable.
Speaker 2: Okay, my mind has never been so clear, and that.
Speaker 3: Why the apartment is so clean.
Speaker 2: Well, I was.
Speaker 1: Awake at three point thirty in the morning. I cleaned everything up and I sort of fang schwayed it in a way. And it's not even something that I read in a book. I just felt the energy of the room.
Speaker 4: Buddy. I feel like I'm in a whole new place.
Speaker 2: Doesn't it feel good?
Speaker 4: Curtains are open, there's light in here, the windows are open, it's not boiling hot. I'm not sitting on a waste bench. I'm sitting on the very nicely new reupholstered chair here.
Speaker 1: I tore down all the posters and I painted what I feel inside.
Speaker 2: Look at that. That could be in a museum.
Speaker 4: Buddy, This is unreal.
Speaker 2: That could be in a museum.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it could.
Speaker 2: God damn it. I feel good.
Speaker 3: Was that you up on the roof last night? Because the landlord, mister Hartunian, came by and he asked if you were running around on the roof and I said, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I'm teaching myself, Parkour. Here's the thing, semen retention. Have you ever done it before?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, it's proven by science. Joe Rogan had a scientist on his show. He explained it better than I.
Speaker 2: Rogan scientists, but he he'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get into the The proof is in the pudding.
Speaker 3: You don't want to get into the science, So there isn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I could get into the science of it, but.
Speaker 4: You're actually putting. Their proof is in you not making pudding.
Speaker 2: I don't have to putting. The proof is in the putt.
Speaker 3: You're covered in a kind of a gleam listener, he's shining.
Speaker 4: He hasn't. I haven't seen him blink yet.
Speaker 2: My sweat smells sweet. Have you noticed that?
Speaker 3: What's that in the corner?
Speaker 2: It's like, uava.
Speaker 4: Are you trying?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. You're good.
Speaker 4: You're like crying pre comb or something. It's sticky.
Speaker 1: Get get your fingers out of my eyes, man, get your fingers out of my eyes. I can I know how to break fingers.
Speaker 3: I know. I'm just going to ask that you talk a little bit quieter.
Speaker 2: Has anybody seen so the weight pench is gone?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: This chair is amazing.
Speaker 2: I don't I found that in the alley and re upholstered it.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I'm gonna work out now.
Speaker 4: It's very comfortable, but I'm very itchy.
Speaker 2: Let's get in a new business. I am. I'm done with the intro new business. Brendan got well.
Speaker 4: First off, I want to thank everybody who reached out to me last week when I was down about not hearing about my callback. I know we haven't released the episode yet, but I'm just pre thanking people who are probably going to reach out. You're sort of.
Speaker 3: Pre pre coming, you're pre coming of thanks.
Speaker 4: But everything is turned around. Apparently in this town. When somebody says they're a big fan, they're a big fan.
Speaker 2: Baby, right, what happened?
Speaker 4: Because I will be network testing hey on Big Wonders.
Speaker 2: Everything is working out. That's great. So you don't hate the show.
Speaker 4: No, you know what, I never did. Thought it was a brilliant idea. I think going back to what we loved as youth is an amazing thing to do. I think Small Wonder was a great show. I think Big Wonder is going to be an even better show. What a great turn of events. Congrats me, Thank you. I really can't believe it, and I feel.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like not to steal your thunder. But when someone is so positive and emitting such positive vibes, that extends out to people in their surroundings, and I feel like that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Oh great, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Okay, Al, you don't have to grab my arm so hard. So here we go. New business for me. I've been hanging out a lot with Ducks, so I'm feeling like I'm going to approach him pretty soon about bringing him some ideas.
Speaker 2: But haven't haven't sent, haven't pitched him anything yet.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I don't want to cross the I don't want to cross the rubicon quite yet. But my face, are you about to come?
Speaker 1: No, I'm wincing because I feel like time is at hand. We want to get him something.
Speaker 3: Let's just play this cool. We were out on the duck boat this weekend, so that was fun.
Speaker 2: His yacht.
Speaker 3: No, he actually has a duck boat that he bought when he was on one of those tours in Boston, the ones that go on the land and the sea, and he just had it repurposed and now it's kind of his private party duck boat. You know, we'll be out on the water that we up to a restaurant and that's ducks.
Speaker 4: I swear to god, I saw that out in front of Spago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, A couple weeks ago. He likes to park it on the retention pond behind Spago.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's duck.
Speaker 3: That's duck.
Speaker 1: Speaking of retention, I want to talk more about semen retention. And here's what I did this morning. I cranked out a new.
Speaker 3: Script and this morning.
Speaker 1: This morning, so I'm on the Marky Mark schedule and the Dwayne the Rock diet Johnson diet.
Speaker 3: I think he goes by Mark Wahlberg now.
Speaker 1: Mark Wahlberg, Yeah, And I think the Rock's just he's the Rock. So I'm on the Wallberg the Rock, you know, schedule diet. I wake up at three point thirty. I work out, Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, could you keep that down? Honestly?
Speaker 1: I will, so I looked. I lift weights for two hours. I eat six hard boiled eggs and a can of sardines.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: I jump right into an hour and a half of cardio and core. Okay, eat a farmer's breakfast, then run six miles, meditate for an hour. Cool down with third breakfast, which is usually tuna fish wrapped in a hamsteak.
Speaker 4: Third breakfast, You're like a jacked up hobbit.
Speaker 2: And then I start writing and I shit out this bad dog. Between nine and ten am.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's a full script for Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, fucking crushed it.
Speaker 3: Holy moly, Well congrats Mark.
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 3: But I thought this week you were gonna I thought you were working on my big fat Greek yogurt script about the guy who started Chobani.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's back burner for now, maybe forever. I need to write my own stories, is what I realized. And this one's an erotic thriller. And like I said, I cranked it out in under an hour before very down.
Speaker 3: We haven't seen an erotic thriller in a while. They feel like they what was the last great erotic thriller?
Speaker 4: Oh? The Avatar? Hmm hmmm, right, would you? You wouldn't classify that erotic.
Speaker 5: Thriller, wouldn't call it a thriller.
Speaker 4: You call it erotic though?
Speaker 5: Turned me on.
Speaker 4: God dang.
Speaker 3: The point is it's been a while since there's been an erotic thriller. I guess that's the point I was making.
Speaker 1: Ye, Yeah, I think it's due time. So this one is called Edge of Desire. It's about a detective with a dark past and some very dark secrets who gets pulled into an erotic world of thrills.
Speaker 2: Oh, thrills.
Speaker 1: It's a thriller. So let's jump in at page one. I don't want to miss a thing. Your parts are Mark Brendan, you're on stage.
Speaker 3: Dresser does I don't want to and let's get into it.
Speaker 4: Okay? Is everybody ready?
Speaker 2: Ready? Been ready?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Exterior Houseboat night, sound of a couple in the throes of ecstasy echo across the Placid Harbor. Cut two. Interior Houseboat continuous from the back, we see Detective Jack long finger forties, cool as a polar bears toe now but the years are beginning of the show. He sits on a folding chair, naked, painfully pleasury on the TV. An Italian woman gets pounded from behind by a chubby tweedledee as a horse watches. Jack whispers to himself.
Speaker 2: First base bucker, second base, Spirit.
Speaker 4: Around the room, liquor bottles, dirty clothes, A red Sox pennant hangs limply over a murphy bed on the fridge. A curling photograph of a smiling family and a gorgeous blonde woman who holds a baby next to a golden retriever and a clean cut man. Could that be Jack from the TV?
Speaker 3: The Italian woman mons Benee Bennie Bennee.
Speaker 4: Jack's drenched in sweat. He's getting close.
Speaker 1: Third base bogs short stop.
Speaker 2: I can't, I can't.
Speaker 4: Cut two. Outside the boat, the TV and VCR smashed through the porthole and splash into the bay. As the VCR sinks into the dark, swirling water, Wei crosses all too Interior Police Department, next day, a swirling cup of coffee. Jack is at his desk, a cold compress against his head. He's clean, but not neat, in a suit and tie. He rifles through a drawer and comes up with some aspirin, chews violently and chases it with a pull from a flask. From off screen, we hear you look like shit, Jack. A beautiful secretary Diane. She leans in seductively, cleavage on full display.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I feel even worse.
Speaker 3: Chief wants to see you cut two.
Speaker 4: Interior Chief's Office, Chief Ron beefeed Er slides a crime scene photo of a mutilated naked man's corpse and a pool of blood across his desk.
Speaker 3: Billionaire Gerard DeMont. We thought it was a classic stab and grab, but nothing was stolen, and when we turned him over we found this.
Speaker 4: He points to another photo taps a small metal cage strapped to the corpse's genitalia.
Speaker 2: Ah Prince Eddie Trapp, classic Sado massacist. Device keeps your cock locked in a little cage so you can't experience pleasure unless that's your thing. Looks like this guy had more kinks than a garden hose.
Speaker 4: A woman's voice behind Jack, he was a man of large appetites. Yes, as the years passed, I wasn't always the dish he wanted, but we had a good marriage unseen until now. Evelyn Dumont thirty, soft spoken angelic. I can't bear the thought that whoever did this is still out there.
Speaker 3: I need a good detective on this, and you know this world, Jack.
Speaker 5: Not anymore, Chief.
Speaker 2: Besides, I got two weeks until retirement.
Speaker 4: Please. Detective touches his hand tenderly. Jack groans hand away. Is everything all right, mister longthing?
Speaker 2: Your hands they're like peaches in a basket.
Speaker 3: We're just asking you to blend in play the part. Find out who killed this rich pervert, no offense man, find out who did the old fuck in No offense man, One last case before you're dick deep down in the sand and key largo, no offense, ma'am.
Speaker 4: Evelyn looks at Jack with desperation. Please Jack, I need justice.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, wow, Yeah, I can't believe you wrote this so fast.
Speaker 4: This is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 3: This might be the best thing you've ever written.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really great characters.
Speaker 3: I mean wow, So what's the program you're on? You don't jerk off at all?
Speaker 2: No, you masturbate all the time. You just don't ejaculate. I'm constantly waming it. I just I stop right at the tippy top and don't blow.
Speaker 4: It, Tash, How do you do that?
Speaker 1: There's some tricks. Sometimes you have to punch yourself. Sometimes you just fucking tense up and you know, grind your teeth.
Speaker 3: Oh that's why I keep hearing you in the showery whispering the whole starting lineup of the two thousand and one capitals.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right. You can also take those little stoppers from Starbucks and put them in there.
Speaker 4: Oh wow. Okay. Well, I don't know if this is true, but I said it to many a lady in my life. I've said, if I don't do it, I'm gonna die. Is that a real thing?
Speaker 2: It's harassment?
Speaker 4: Oh, not that part about me talking to the girls. I'm talking about if if you will die?
Speaker 1: No, I mean, oh my god, you feel more alive than you've ever felt. I feel like I'm seeing through the sheen of life, another dimension.
Speaker 3: I remember I was. I had a stomach bug one week and I didn't do it and I almost went white blind.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I can't sleep if I don't take a whack on my baby crack.
Speaker 2: Why do you need to sleep?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, good?
Speaker 2: Why do you need to well?
Speaker 4: Because I get tired a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm asleep at one thirty, awake at three thirty.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm on the limitless drug. Have you ever had an out of body experience?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But just once on the duck boat last weekend?
Speaker 2: Is that his main means of transportation these days?
Speaker 4: It is huh for the listeners. Mark is doing full squats right now. It's pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: Wow, all right, just head. It just kind of snap my spine a little. I don't need to go to the chiropractor anymore. I can do it myself.
Speaker 3: Did you go before?
Speaker 2: I used to go all the time back was all jacked up. Actually, this is science.
Speaker 1: Semen is sort of fluid for your spine, so if you get rid of it too much, it'll hurt your back.
Speaker 4: Oh is that why my posture is so bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you keep saying science, What is the science the science.
Speaker 2: Of what of semen? Retention? Look it up, man, don't take my word for it. Look it up. I'm not doing your research for you.
Speaker 4: But it's on a lot of websites, but retention spelled wrong on all of them.
Speaker 1: Here here's a little advice for you. Do it yourself. Don't take my word for it. Be your own leader.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go out next scene. Fuck all right?
Speaker 1: So here it is. Evelyn is asking Jack for justice. She's calling on him to be his best self. I know what that feels like in Jack's learning. But to get there, he has to journey into the city's dark sexual underground and risk getting lost in his own dangerous sexual desires. And so the prime suspect in the murder of Evelyn's husband is Sarah Fina Heartgrave. She's the madam at the city's most notorious underground sex club, and she is hot. She is just everything that Jack wants but shouldn't have. And as Jack is investigating, he's getting pulled further and further back into his old life of risky and risk a sexual deviance. Everyone is telling Jack, you know, slow down, be careful, don't get too close. So that's that's kind of.
Speaker 2: Where we are right now.
Speaker 1: So I want to jump to the scene where Sarah Fina shows up unexpected on Jack's houseboat and for the first time, takes Jack right to the edge.
Speaker 2: And this this is on page forty five.
Speaker 4: All right, I got it. Okay, Here we are interior Jack's house boat.
Speaker 5: Night.
Speaker 4: Jack is shirtless and sweaty, and he works a speed bag with focused intensity. He jumps rope faster and faster and faster. He's going as hard as he can. He's on a row machine, working himself into a lather, a man running from himself. He's doing those push ups where you jump with your hands and clap when you're at the top.
Speaker 5: Then there's a knock at the door.
Speaker 2: One second, I sit one, God damn.
Speaker 4: He opens the door. Saraphina's standing there in a trench coat. She looks him up and down, a heaving, pulsing we man. He's chiseled from stone. Her tongue touches the front of her teeth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hold on, hold on, hold on, we're uh, we're heading into rough seas here, all right, so let me better. Let Papa take the wheel here, Brenda, okay, all right, okay, Papa, all right, I'll take the stage direction.
Speaker 2: It needs a little goose.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: He opens the door. Sarah finis standing near with a trench coat. She looks him up and down, a heaving, pulsing wet man chiseled from stone. Her tongue touches her front teeth.
Speaker 3: Oh mind, if I come inside?
Speaker 2: She brushes past him. He looks into the darkness to make sure they're all alone, then shuts the door. She takes off her shoes, then pours herself a drink. She looks at the picture of his family on the fridge, then peels it off and drops it into the roaring fire. What are you doing here?
Speaker 3: I found something the phone records you were looking for. Figured i'd bring it to you myself. You can't trust anyone these days.
Speaker 2: The eyes are closely I'll have the guys run it tomorrow. You shouldn't be here.
Speaker 3: It's too risky, risky for who Jack.
Speaker 2: She draws a line down his chest with her finger. He inhales her scent for both of us. She presses herself closer to him, drawing her lips near his.
Speaker 3: Don't you want me to stay?
Speaker 2: That's the problem. She slowly pulls the draw string on her trench coat until it falls open, revealing that she's completely naked underneath. She puts her arms around him and gets closer while he stays rigidly still. She opens her lips and reaches for his mouth, gently biting his lower lip.
Speaker 5: He pulls away.
Speaker 2: I can't If I go too far, I would kill us both.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a good time to me.
Speaker 2: You don't understand. I have explosives in my balls.
Speaker 3: Then let's light the match.
Speaker 2: You don't get it.
Speaker 1: There's enough actual C four implanted in my hangars to blow this boat out of the water if I ever finish cboo.
Speaker 2: She takes this in.
Speaker 3: Then I'm not looking to die, jack, but I do like to play.
Speaker 2: She steps closer to him, then lets her trench coat fall to the on the edge. She wraps her arms around him. He can't take it any longer.
Speaker 1: He grabs her and lifts her onto him, then turns and presses her back against the wall. He grinds against her as she exposes her throat to.
Speaker 2: His hungry lips. He takes her neck in his mouth, and she lets out a moan of deep and lustful surrender. She hooks his jim shorts with her toes and drops them to the floor, then wraps her legs around his waist and pulls him inside of her. He grunts from somewhere deep, primal animal drive surging to the surface. A wolfish gleam flashes across his eyes. He throws her on the bed and enters her again. She digs her long, sharp nails deep into his back, drawing blood.
Speaker 6: He growls like a dog and drives harder, harder, harder, until she's the one wailing with sinful delight.
Speaker 1: Outside the houseboat rocks steadily, causing the adjacent boats to sway in its wake. He's standing behind her, now, pressing her flat against the wall. She lets him take control.
Speaker 2: His hand wraps around her throat, and her eyes roll back in her head. He lets her go as she gasps her breath exhilarated, He falls onto the bed and she straddles him, sliding onto him, then pounding him with her full body weight.
Speaker 7: She goes faster, and faster and faster still until go slow, go slow. She goes faster and coaxes him, demanding the ultimate finality.
Speaker 3: To it, Jack, don't fight it anymore.
Speaker 5: You know how bad you want it.
Speaker 2: Jack pushes her off and onto the floor.
Speaker 6: He leaps to his feet, clenches his whole body, and lets out a guttural scream. He spins and rips his brand new TV VCR combo from the wall and smashes it to the floor.
Speaker 2: Are you crazy? Do you want me to die?
Speaker 5: She smiles.
Speaker 2: Riley then collects herself, pulling on her trench.
Speaker 3: Coat and shoes right to the edge. That was incredible.
Speaker 2: Good out.
Speaker 3: You know where to find me, detective.
Speaker 2: She opens the door and disappears into the night. Jack drops to his knees, naked and panting, a pounding, gnawing frustration aching to explode out of him. Jack screams, and it echoes across the silent harbor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank god Brendan didn't read that. Oh hell yeah, god, wow, belly hurts.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is.
Speaker 3: Really yeah right, the tents. You should write eratic fiction.
Speaker 2: That was just just fucking did man?
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, I think I might be dang should we take a break, Yeah I can. I'm gonna need whoa, let's take ten.
Speaker 2: You guys need some waters?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but could you guys get out of my room for a second.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do some push ups.
Speaker 4: He's gonna kind of hunk over and slowly walk out of here. I'm bent over because my back hurt's.
Speaker 2: Anybody want a arm wrestle?
Speaker 3: No, So he has C four in his balls? Hell yeah, okay, how'd that happen?
Speaker 2: And that fucking cool?
Speaker 3: But how that happened?
Speaker 2: Fucking cool? Is that?
Speaker 1: So if he comes to fucking explode everything for a block radius.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, I'm back.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, it is pretty fucking cool. So here's the backstory on how that asks?
Speaker 2: Right, right, very tired.
Speaker 1: So he fucked over the wrong guys at one of these sex clubs, and again it's it's a place where like all the power brokers are entangled by mayors, senators.
Speaker 3: Judges, got it.
Speaker 1: So Jack gets caught up and they drag him into a basement like a sort of dingy dungeon that's in the bottom of one of these clubs. Okay, they strap him down to what looks like some old medieval torture table and they surgically implant explosives into his nuts and that was the last time he ever ejaculated, which is the best thing that ever happened to him.
Speaker 4: Wow, unbelievable. This yeah pretty amazing.
Speaker 3: Fuck yeah, it is seems like it's really working for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, Mark, if I write some stuff down and have you kind of like talk in that voice, you think you could record something.
Speaker 1: For me while we move on to the next scene and we can talk about you know, semen retention at the end.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, great.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to talk about it. I just feel like, let's keep this ball rolling.
Speaker 2: God, I have a headache because this this train is running full steam.
Speaker 4: Uh, your toilet might be backed up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Pick up where we left off.
Speaker 4: Looks like the Raiders of the Lost Dark, all those ghosts swirling around in there. Too much toilet paper. All right, let's see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get yeah, let's get right right.
Speaker 4: Andnot wait to get into this thing. Let's do it, I mean of that. Okay, Uh, what is next? Let's see? Oh this is a montage great in tiar houseboat dawn Jack wakes up before the sun stripped naked and dies off the roof of his houseboat into the harbor. Time laps we see him swim the harbor for an hour before pulling himself onto the bow of his boat and then immediately crushing fifty burpies, no questions asked. Cut too exterior street day, busy streets of Los Angeles, but not for a long finger which squinted unblinking eyes. He shifts sufficiently up and down and up and down and up, weaving in and out of traffic like a Formula one racer, cold and precise, never missing a chance to jump ahead of the dawdling cars. Cut two exterior skyscraper drone footage. Night Jack is free climbing a massive building, breathing evenly, eyes focus methodically alternating arm and leg all the way off the building until he reaches the summit and immediately crushes fifty burpies, barely breaking a swim. He surveys the city below him, clenches his entire body, and lets add a primal screen.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what the fuck is happening now? I feel like we really departed from all the fun, Like.
Speaker 4: Cool, where's the part where he's bonking girls?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean you can't do that the whole. I mean, this is just the part of him.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to show that he's he's unstoppable, like he's.
Speaker 3: But from a genre perspective, I was kind of expecting to seem like, you know, fall apart, and then he falls deeper into the old addictions and habits and more sex scenes. Yeah, this is like reading like a superhero movie.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that's because that's how you feel like I did. I tell you I can kick the ceiling, like I can. I can plant the bottom of my foot directly on the ceiling.
Speaker 2: I doubt that that's true.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 2: I will show you, honestly. Listen. I know how to listen to this. I know how to reset a dislocated shoulder.
Speaker 3: Do the ceiling.
Speaker 2: Let me let me dislok at your shoulder and I'll show you how to put it back.
Speaker 3: I want to see the ceiling barely hurts.
Speaker 2: Just do it.
Speaker 3: You can't say it's something like I can kick the ceiling and then not do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want to see it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, not even close.
Speaker 2: Well I'm not. I'm not gonna I don't want to mark the ceiling.
Speaker 1: But I mean I can get up. I basically backflip and run on the ceiling.
Speaker 2: Did it? I did it last night.
Speaker 4: Let me try.
Speaker 2: No, dude, you do not want to do it. I can lift the fridge.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm doing my own dental work. I can speed read now. I went to the library yesterday and sped red every single Edcyclopedia speed red.
Speaker 3: It's like blow dry. You don't say blue dried.
Speaker 2: Say whatever you want. The truth is in there.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm like downloading gobs of information like I'm the Matrix.
Speaker 2: I'm basically the Internet.
Speaker 4: Okay, we believe you can.
Speaker 3: We just get to the parts, like the fun cool parts.
Speaker 2: These are fun cool parts.
Speaker 3: They're just what do you want?
Speaker 2: What more do you want?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The erotic thriller. I'm getting a little you know, titchy, because that's why you read a.
Speaker 1: Script, learn to harness that discomfort. That's that's where you change your life. But that's fine, that's fine. We'll calm it down. We'll go to the end because I think you'll see that it wraps up in a very tidy and satisfying way.
Speaker 3: If you keep up with this program, you're going to be dragging your balls like Dick Van Dyke.
Speaker 2: The hell I am will hell no, all right, So here we go.
Speaker 1: Jack is in relationship with Sarah Fina and he's also started a relationship with Evelyn.
Speaker 2: You'll like that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: So there's this secret love triangle happening. And in the end, he and Evelyn decide they're going to take the husband's money and they're going to escape together. So we pick it up on the cliff's edge at the meetup spot page one oh four.
Speaker 4: Please stop staring at me like that.
Speaker 2: I know how to fix you, bro.
Speaker 3: Oh man, you haven't blinked since we started this.
Speaker 2: Don't need to anymore, all right.
Speaker 4: Exterior Malibu Cliff sunset. Jack stands on the edge of a cliff, staring out into the ocean. The seed crashes against rocks below. Jack wonders if he has time to let out a primal scream. When Jack he startles, almost losing his balance. Evelyn is standing there, looking more beautiful and helpless than we've ever seen her. She needs someone to save her, and Jack hopes the hell he's.
Speaker 2: Got what it takes to do it.
Speaker 5: You're laid it, you have it.
Speaker 4: He hands her a mini DV taped smudge with blood. She looks at it, then throws it over the cliff's edge. It clatters on the rocks below.
Speaker 5: The money in my account.
Speaker 4: He moves to kiss her, but she pulls away.
Speaker 5: What's wrong?
Speaker 4: You killed my husband, Jack?
Speaker 5: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: And that's what the police think?
Speaker 5: Bullshit?
Speaker 4: You killed him because he put explosives in your balls. It's the perfect revenge story.
Speaker 5: And you're in love with me.
Speaker 4: So you did it for the money too.
Speaker 5: You snake. You sold me out.
Speaker 3: We had to.
Speaker 4: Sarafina steps out from the shadows and puts her arms around Evelyn. They kiss deeply.
Speaker 3: I ought to kill you both, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Sarafina takes a gun from her coat and points it at him. The air with noise, wind whips up as a helicopter rises above the cliff and lands next to them. Evelyn and Saraphina back towards a gun still pointed at Jack. Evelyn breaks away and runs to Jack before I go, there's something you should know. You don't have explosives in your balls.
Speaker 2: What the hell are you talking about?
Speaker 4: I was there in the dungeon. We're back in the dungeon. Jack's on a stone table, writhing as a mask man looms over him with the knife. Evelyn in the corner, masked, watching the scene.
Speaker 5: I know what happened. They cut me open.
Speaker 4: You were hypnotized, what you felt was in your mind or in a crummy stock room. Jack's on a cot. A balding therapist waves a pocket watch in front of his face as Jack screams. Evelyn watches from the corner. We're back on the cliff.
Speaker 5: I had a family, and you live.
Speaker 8: On the edge.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 4: People are bound to fall off. See He licks his cheek and then turns and runs to the helicopter. It lifts off. Jack watch them disappear into the sunset. The breeze from the Pacific rustles his hair. He turns and sprints. Exterior Jack's houseboat night a full moon. The houseboat bobs in the tranquil waters on the horizon. A fleet of police boats sprint over the waves, and the lead boat, Beefeater, swints against the salt water spray.
Speaker 3: Two minutes to contact guns out.
Speaker 4: Safety is off Exterior Jack's houseboat. From inside, we hear moans. The Italian woman from the movie in the beginning ries out.
Speaker 3: Then a mannee mane.
Speaker 4: From above, we see the speedboats closing in circling the houseboat. Then ariva, the houseboat explodes. A geyser of water shoots into the air, an endless plume of smoke and debris, a terrifying coda on one man's violent symphony. As the boat parks continue to rain down on the harbor, you see the words and loving memory of Detective Jack long Finger fade out the end.
Speaker 8: Okay, so hold on, hold on, hold on, just just feel it for a minute. Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, fucking great.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, great.
Speaker 3: This was based on a true.
Speaker 4: Story, loving memory of Jack long Fingers.
Speaker 2: No, No, I mean that's just I got attached to the character and wanted to trying to give him a proper send off.
Speaker 3: So he finally jerked off, did he?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the exploded he was watching the Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well not necessarily.
Speaker 3: Well what blew up the boat?
Speaker 2: Explosives?
Speaker 3: Probably so his balls didn't have explosives, but the boat does blow up at the end.
Speaker 1: Is that your interpretation. I'm not going to tell you how to interpret art. The thing is, he's he exploded.
Speaker 4: We know that he was watching the movie from the beginning, and you right, what was there something else at play here that I'm missing.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe it's part of a wider conspiracy. It's up to the viewer, right, Maybe the levers of power were tracking him this whole time and new to the if if he was allowed to continue in this way, that that he'd blow the thing wide open.
Speaker 2: Mark, Maybe he would.
Speaker 1: He he'd expose everybody that was wrapped up in this thing. And it's a metaphor for absolute power. Have we given away too much power? If we don't take it for ourselves, then we're just lemmings. We're conditioned right from the start. Anybody can come along and tell us what to do.
Speaker 4: Okay, sit down, Well this is important.
Speaker 2: Are you you should? You should listen to this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm listening. Don't pull my ear. I can hear.
Speaker 2: Listen to what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I hear it.
Speaker 2: This is a very clear thought.
Speaker 1: It's a very uh accurate depiction of what happens in everyday life with the levers of power.
Speaker 2: Are you listening?
Speaker 3: Don't point your so close to my face?
Speaker 2: All right? Don't you know what to tell with it? Fuck it all?
Speaker 3: Fuck it all?
Speaker 2: You see? Do you see what I'm does? Any of this? Am I too far out over my skis on this one.
Speaker 4: I don't what Mark. I think it's time you go and you walk.
Speaker 3: The dog, take the old dolphin on a jog.
Speaker 4: Let the queen out on the balcony so she can meet the people.
Speaker 3: Raise the flag and bring it back down again, Fold it up in a nice little box, put it on a grave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, okay, okay, I'll go nobody, nobody eat my crackers.
Speaker 3: There he goes to Jim jan the slum.
Speaker 5: Jim, hand me those crackers.
Speaker 3: Shower on. Yeah, classic mid afternoon shower.
Speaker 4: Oh man, well it looks like finally a little Greg and Brendan time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is fun.
Speaker 4: Do you want to rate the screw?
Speaker 3: We hear a primal scream coming from there. I think we'll know exactly.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: I don't think that drink can handle what's coming down in Ah.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to call the landlord about that. I guess I was already mad that Mark was running around on the roof.
Speaker 5: Yeah, god, dang man, Well.
Speaker 3: Why don't you take us out, Brendan before Mark comes back and says something insane.
Speaker 2: All right, it's done.
Speaker 3: Oh god, did you fall down in there?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I slipped out of the bath and I chip my tooth on the sink.
Speaker 3: Unless you could do your dental work now.
Speaker 5: Ah, not right now.
Speaker 4: Oh no, we forgot that part. The Queen has met the people, he is out.
Speaker 3: Can you put a towel over that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, lights, camera action, but for writing. See you next week.