Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the Old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 3: In the air everywhere, Well, come in to the fifth Hour jump on the bandwagon, out of Control me Ben Mahler.
Speaker 1: Along with the great Danny g Radio. You hear us during the week on Fox Sports Radio. I'm on late night as you know, the Ben Mahler Show. This show a spin off of that show. Danny is on during the week in the afternoon with Coveno and Rich and we form Voltron here on the week kends. Every single day there's audio content and today being Sunday, so we do have on the agenda the mail Bag, but we're not going to start with the mail bag, Danny, because there's some stuff we didn't get to yesterday that we need to get to today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lots of interesting stories. We call it. Pop goes the culture.
Speaker 1: That's right, and we have a special musical open. It's kind of a big deal. It really is, Ohio al.
Speaker 4: John John.
Speaker 1: All right, and this is important. This is our first full NFL Sunday, which means a couple of things. It means that we really need you to focus on us before the games or after the games, probably not during the game. And it also means that Benny versus the Penny will stop airing once these games kick off. So if you're listening early in the morning here on this Sunday, there are supposed to be some viewings. I don't have the complete schedule, but I was told by the people in NBC that this thing will air right up until about kickoff, because why would you put the show on. It's dated, It's not an evergreen show once the games begin. Although I did tell one of the people, Danny, that it is probably more entertaining after the games have been played and you can look at how wrong I was or how ridiculous the penny was. But they don't agree with that. Cooler heads prevailed, and so it will stop airing at the end of well, I guess one o'clock Eastern time, when the games kick off. So there is that. But this is pop goes the culture, and these are random pop culture stories and we give our brief thoughts on them. That's the way this is supposed to work. First one is from television's Jimmy Fallon, a scathing rebuke of Jimmy Fallon in Rolling Stone, chronicling what it's like to be an employee under Jimmy Fallon on the Tonight Show and you know, claiming it's very toxic. It's this is a I guess you would call it a hatchet job.
Speaker 4: It's a hit piece.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's the way it read to me. Maybe not, maybe people read it differently, but it's like, hey, Jimmy Fallon's a bad dude. I didn't have a good experience with Jimmy Fallon, and we need to cancel Jimmy Fallon.
Speaker 4: I have heard stories about this guy, and I probably bought into some of them because I just don't think he's that funny. He laughs at his own jokes constantly, and he mumbles a lot. I can't make out half the stuff he's mumbling.
Speaker 1: A buddy of mine who works in the business sent me a text the other day, Danny, and he said, how unimportant are late night TV hosts. They've all been off the air for seven months or something like that. Now has anyone missed them? Has missed Jimmy Kimmel or Jimmy Fallon or any of these other guys.
Speaker 4: What a great point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't matter. They used to matter. They were like Johnny Carson and Jay.
Speaker 4: Leno and Letterman. Letterman was off the air for that many months, people would riot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there'd be upheople. Jimmy Fallon's off the air. Nobody even notices. I wouldn't even thought about Jimmy Fallon if it was not for this Rolling Stone story. But I'll summarize, Danny. I assume you guys talked about this on Covino and Rich or whatever this week, but I didn't talk about my show. And so they just talked about him being a phony, like you know, he's the goodie two shoes guy on television and it's a total sham and all that, and he's they claimed he was erratic, intimidating, rude, they said. And they said, there you know, they're good and bad days. Good Jimmy days, Bad Jimmy days. And according to two current and fourteen former employees, the hosts of the show. There had a toxic workplace for years outside the boundaries, and you know, I talked about it radic behavior, as I said, I said, it was just a huge, huge issue there and probably.
Speaker 4: Got to take some of it with a grain of salt because I used to work on your live radio show. There were there were good Ben Mallard days. There were bad Ben Mallard days.
Speaker 1: Isn't that everyone? I thought, that's how human beings operate, like, is that not how they operate? Other people that never have bad days, never have good days?
Speaker 4: They Yeah, but you can microphones at people like fifty cent.
Speaker 1: Oh they deserved it, you know, they deserve And so the Stone story says that employees would make jokes about killing themselves, oh God forbid. They'd refer to the guest dressing rooms as crying rooms, as that's where they would go to deal with their emotions.
Speaker 4: Last week, I bought a dog and I named an emotion.
Speaker 1: Is it possible, Jimmy Kimmel or Jimmy Jimmy Fallon. I got my Jimmy's mixed up. You see what Jimmy, You've seen them all, But Jimmy Fallon is it possible he's the a hole or the people that work on his show are so soft and so mentally weak that they can't handle. You know, they can't handle. But you know who's the bad guys? Is it the people that are grumbling? Or is Jimmy Fallon? Although I remember, is it Ellen DeGeneres. He sounds like the male Ellen degenerous. People used to google on Ellen.
Speaker 4: Her staff had the same exact complaints.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Stephen King, Stephen King, legendary writer Stephen King. It was revealed that his favorite song when he writes, he plays one song. He said he had to stop recently because his wife got upset. But this is also from Rolling Stone. I guess all our news today is from Rolling Stone. This is the horror writer. You know. We want a thriller, you want to sci fi? That's your guy. He revealed that back in the day, he used to listen to one song and one song only on repeat when he was writing, and the only reason he stopped is because his wife was so pissed off she threatened to divorce him because he kept listening that song. Let's see if you remember Danny, Let's go back nineteen nineties mambo number five. Remember that song?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, but why would he have that on repeat?
Speaker 1: It makes no sense, I know, I don't know, but that's that. He said, I had to dance mix, and I played that thing until my wife said, yeah, one more time, I'm going to f and leave. So he liked the dance mix, and who knew that just resonated with him. He's a big fan a little bit of Erica exactly.
Speaker 4: I would call myself after hearing that four times in a row.
Speaker 1: Well, here's a story that some people are saying is a bombshell report. I don't think this is a bombshell report. I need to let my wife know about this. So there's a report that claims a Hollywood PR firm has purchased high scores on Rotten Tomatoes. Yeah. Yeah, and the story indicated this is an industry wide problem. Hello. So this is what I've always said. My wife runs to the reviews for restaurants and movies and entertainment. She is a huge fan of these views, and I've always said they're bullshit, that it's people manipulating it, it's the matrix. You don't know what's real what's not real. And then she'll be like well, the restaurants, they're not going to spend they don't have the budget to buy reviews. I'm like, yeah, well maybe maybe not. But a report from something called Vulture says that a PR firm obscure often self published critics who were part of a pool that they conspired together, this network for Rotten Tomatoes. They paid them each fifty dollars or more for a review of the film, a positive review of the film. So and they got enough people that they were able to manipulate Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why. Just go see it yourself. If you really want to see it, watch the trailer, watch multiple trailers of movies, and just decide for yourself.
Speaker 1: So fifty bucks, that's actually not that much fifty bucks for I don't know how many people they had to get to write a review, but probably a lot. But still that's not for a big Hollywood PR company. That doesn't seem like it's that that big a deal. What is next done? Pop goes the culture? Well, I'm sure the people in the music business love this story. An AI song has been submitted for a Grammy Award. How great is that?
Speaker 3: Boo?
Speaker 1: That's just what we need. The box taking over ghostwriters. Heart on My Sleeve, the AI generated song mimicking Drake and the Weekend has been submitted for a Grammy barbiton. Yeah, I'm good on that. I don't know. I'm fine. Let's see what is next year. Well, here's a story. I've heard this in the past and it has happen again. There's a guy named Herb Alpert spent his entire life in the music business and eighty years in the music business. And this guy talked about you know what it's like. He was the co founder of A and M Records, so he's a big time guy. And he got into some detail about you know what it's like to be in the music business and all that and the money. Quote in this is the follow He talked about Mozart and he named a bunch of other artists. He said, all of us have only the same twelve notes. That's it all. All the music is just combining together the perfect mix of ingredients. But you're using the same the same twelve notes. Yeah, it's kind of cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they country music even less. They say three chords and a good story.
Speaker 1: A good that story, right, you're supposed to do that.
Speaker 4: Now nowadays They have all different kinds of stories in that music, and they even have some hip hop beats in country.
Speaker 1: Now. Yeah, it makes those together. But the key is like moving. You have to move this stuff around. It's kind it. Yeah, yeah, absolutely so. So this wise always blows me away when these these big lawsuits happen and people get sued for stealing intellectual property, and it's like you only have like twelve notes and how not that people don't steal. I realize people steal.
Speaker 4: I get it well. I think a lot of it too, is subconsciously done.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: That's why you and I we have the same routine when you go into the studios. I bet you're not listening to sports talk radio. I don't do it either, because when we get there, we want to kind of be a clean slate. If you have voices in your head of takes that you just heard, some of that may come out of your mouth, even if you didn't mean for it to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you end up parroting what you hear. That's absolutely yeah. I do not listen to sports radio. And there's people I love that I work with, but I don't. I try not to listen because I don't want to, you know, just be the same, do the same thing they're doing. I gotta do my own thing otherwise, Yeah, what's the point. And if you're just gonna copy other people, that's new. Good. Let's get to the mail bag. Why don't we do that? What do you say, mail bag?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, this isn't a copy of something on your live show.
Speaker 1: Not at all. This is original content. These are actual letters from actual listener to the show. It's this bag. We're gonna go rapid fire so we can get as many of these emails on the air. We got a big mail bag. I don't know if you know this, Danny. I'm kind of a big deals Tom Lady would say on television. So no, my ass feels so good right right now?
Speaker 4: Oh that means that you can pay me and your staff double what you're paying at.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, yeah, yeah wrong, Yeah, I've used all of Looney's old Looney would say, oh, we do the radio shays oh yo. We'd interview the Fox TV people, and Looney'd be like, well, you know TV people, they're better people because they're on television anyway. First one is from Alf from the State Fair, says Ben. It's that time of the year, at least here in New England county fair time. Do you guys ever hit county or state farris? And if so, what's your favorite food at these events? That's question number one, so we'll get that one. Yeah. I love I love going. I love the idea of the county Fair. I'm a big fan. My wife hates them, she says, I hate them. That's it's too hot, there's too many people there, you know, you know, everything's expensive now and all of those things, all of those points standing my wife has said, are absolutely true. Yet I still romanticize going to the fair when I was a kid and the excitement of seeing new stuff and new foods and getting a corn dog the size of your forearm and a pretzel the size of your head, deep fried twinkies and all that. I love the idea of all that, but yeah, the cost is insane, it's dirty, that stuff's a pain in the ass. But overall, in my head, I love the county Fair. I love the County Fair. What about you did?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and working for radio stations my whole life, there would be some pretty good acts performing on the main stage, first come, first served seating as long as you bought a ticket that evening to get into the county Fair. I'll never forget the great Eddy Money performing at the California Strawberry Festival. It's kind of like a county fair, but it's all strawberry stuff and he's on the main stage. And Beny wanted to show off that he was a local, right, So he said, everybody out there supporting me tonight, you're not fans, you're friends. In fact, I live in the area. He lived in Westlake Village, but he said, you're all friends of mine here in Camarillo.
Speaker 1: Oh no, well, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: The name of the city was Camillo. So we had a great laugh about that. Lots of good live performances over the years that I got to see. As far as the food, you said it, man, the corn dog has to be on top of the list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big, big fan. So I saw a billboard for Ed Sheeran performing at Yah Bah Bah. Is that the casino?
Speaker 4: That is the casino?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But isn't he's still in the prime of his career or is he washed up now? I always thought to be Maybe I'm wrong in this, but I always thought the people performing at casinos you know, have already had their time and they're just trying to make a little more money. And just you know, it's an easy racket to go to the different casinos.
Speaker 4: Tribes that have billions of dollars. That's why they're able to get superstar performers to play their music at some of the casinos because they are filthy rich.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, then I stand corrected. I was wrong. I just assumed it because it used to be all like washed up celebrities that would be in the casinos around La, the tribal casinos around La. It would be all those those steps. Question number two from Alfie says, does Danny even listen to all these dopey questions or does he tune out like the Bennettes. Yeah, yeah, the Bennettes do not. They do not. The paying attention part of that is often a problem for the Bennettes. But no, you seem to pay attention.
Speaker 4: You seem to pay Yeah, I'm engaged half the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Big Lou, he's on number two from the LBC. I want to get that as a drop Danny from that commercial. I love that anyway, Big Lou says on the TV show with looney, Will the Penny be tested for COVID nineteen and will social distancing be implemented in any hashtag in an abundance of caution? Yeah, well, the Penny has refused to get the vaccine and refuse to do any of those countermeasures, So I'm not sure what's going to happen, Big Lou. Yeah, that would be a nightmare if they bring back the mask mandate, Danny, I don't want.
Speaker 4: Let's really go back to the COVID days. What if the Penny starts kneeling?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that would be Yeah, that would be a nightmare.
Speaker 4: Holy crap, Front page news.
Speaker 1: You imagine on the TV show? You know? Oh God, Holrizing, Holarizing, wild Man of Morgan Town back again. I guess he liked the last time he sent an email. He's is with college football getting going the NFL here as well, very excited. But I'd like to ask you guys, do you follow high school football? I follow it more closely than college in the NFL. Also, I was wondering, did you guys follow your high school teams when you were in high school? And what was your school mascot? So his mascot was the Indians Ooh, that's taboo, but maybe not in Morgantown. So that's from wild Man Fantas show. So yeah, I played football in high school, so I clearly followed the high school team. When I was playing. I went to a couple of high schools because I had some issues, but I went to one that was the Vakeros and then another one that was the Trojans, So that was my high school mascot. Fun, I don't really follow high school football, to be honest with you. I could lie and say I do, but I don't. I mean, maybe occasionally end up in a high school football game, but that's not really my jam. And I know in some parts of the country though, it's massive, like it's a bigfor deal, Like you see these stadiums in Texas and you're like, man, that's not a million dollar, multimillion dollars stadiums for a high school football teams. Isn't crazy to me? But that's my response. What about you, Danny.
Speaker 4: The continuation school that I went to, I think our mascot was the Spliff smoke weed every day. Prior to that, before the high school I was kicked out of, Bulldog was our mascot. And the bulldog was on a leash. Certain cheerleaders would walk him to the middle of the field, and one of the games he started biting on the ankles of one of the cheerleadersferf.
Speaker 1: That seems like a reasonable thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was gnawing on her little skinny leg.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's great. Well. Yeah, my continuation school did not actually have a mascot, so they said, you're such losers. You don't even get a mask at You're such a waste. Nothing for you.
Speaker 4: By the way, across the street from me here there's a high school field. Go there sometimes to watch the kids play, and Agora High is where our middle kid played football in the field last season and was great on special teams and defense. He laid some players out. He was like a missile. He would lift himself off the ground and rocket himself into the offensive player with the football.
Speaker 1: Steve Atwater the Broncos or Chuck Cecil of the Tennessee Oilers, Ronnie Lot like that kind of guy. Smash smash mouth. Was it was it his senior year last year or is he back?
Speaker 4: It was, yeah, it was it was his one year. He's a baseball player, but the football coaches convinced him to play his senior year for football.
Speaker 1: Oh cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he had a great, great experience, and that was really my first experience going to every single high school football game, you know, as an adult, because unless you got some skin in the game, why would you be going over there unless you're a creep.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There's some people though, like you have to support, you know, the neighborhood and all that and the community.
Speaker 4: In other parts of the country, I guess where there's psycho about high school football, It's not exactly like that in California though.
Speaker 1: Now. The only time you get that vibe is if like Lebron's kids are playing basketball, or there's some former NFL players kid that happens to be playing high school. Yeah, then all of a sudden, there's a bunch of people that want to show up because it's a celebrity and the kid of a celebrity. Next up, well from let's go Marcus from Bruceville in Eddie, Texas. I'm not sure what the two of you guys think about each other, but he says, when you and Rob Parker Ben got together for an episode, we get to get it for an episode of anything. It's all great. Listen this past or a recent I heard you on the Herd and the Super Bowl radio row guy. You got to show you guys crushed it. Thanks for taking time to I love working with Rob. Rob's great. See. The thing about Rob Marcus is me and Rob have the same principles of doing sports radio, and not everyone has that perspective like me. And we like sports, but.
Speaker 4: We like trolling fan bases.
Speaker 1: We like holding people accountable. We like holding people accountable, and it's become a dying art. And you know, when me and Rob are gone from radio, I don't know that anyone will be like that. There's a lot of cotton candy that's out there and there's not a lot of criticism. And part of the problem is that many people today have been programmed to avoid complaining and the belly aching and the denouncing and the disapproval and all that stuff, and so they kind of look for pure sugar and chocolate and all that. But Rob and I and you're around our age, Danny, we were raised media was you know the tee you play. You played well, they would say good things about you, but you didn't play well. That was the better story. And that's how I was taught, and Rob was a sports writer for a million years, and that's you know, the mantra that the better stories in the losing locker room is a sports writer's mantra, because that's where the emotion is. You want to go where the emotion is. And when you win, everyone kisses your ass, but when you lose, not so much.
Speaker 4: Although you were really easy on the Chiefs Kadarius Tony the other day, Oh yeah, no.
Speaker 1: I didn't do that. My whole opening monologue saying that Dan Campbell should have come out and given him a game ball. That's what I would have done if I was coaching the Lions, all right, boys, So we practiced all off season and here we went through training camp and the first game and Detroit Lions game ball go to Kadarius Tony, Can someone run that over to the Chief's locker room. Don't worry, he'll probably drop it anyway, so there's no no need to worry about it. But I'm bumped, all right. Next up is Fred in Spring Texas. Fred's a regular man, this guy. He is every week he's got a question. God bless him. He says, congratulations on the NBC gig. Ben I'm sure it will be successful NBC. I know it's wild. I told one of the executives at NBC. I said, you know, you guys had Johnny Carson, you had Leno, you had Bob Costas, and now me, who doesn't belong in. That's who's in. And then Tom Looney also.
Speaker 4: Man Bob Costas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clearly, so, Fred writes, and he says, will this new show result in any change to your current work schedule or the overnight show the fifth hour? I can't believe you have any open spots on your schedule.
Speaker 4: Go back to yesterday's podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is how you're going to fit that in. Yeah, yeah, we went through it. Yeah, Danny enjoyed my you know, thirty minute rant about my schedule and my crackhead hours that I now have. Oh it's a little crazy.
Speaker 4: Wow, oh my.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's a good problem to have. So yeah, I mean, it's not like paving roads. I always get a kick out of people Danny that send us messages and they're like, man, you guys, you know you work so hard, and I'm like, these people are paving roads, are doing construction, they're doing like heavy lifting. I mean, our job The problem with our job is very mentally draining, not physically draining. But for me, at the end of the week, I don't want to hear myself talk. I don't want to think about a sports take. I don't want you know what I mean. I just want to zone out. I go to the beach during the summer and I just sit there. There's no cell phone reception. I look at the water and I just kind of can press and I say, for the next hour and a half, I got nothing, and I'm good, And I'll reset the old engine and the battery and all that. I'll be good to go.
Speaker 4: Just give me some drugs and a TV remote.
Speaker 1: Hookers and cocaine. That's all you need, right, A bunch of hookers and cocaine, sex, drugs and rock and roll. I guess that would be the Mike and Fullerton writes in on the mailbag. We do a few more. Mike and Fullerton says, season greetings, Ben and Danny, is it season?
Speaker 4: Greed?
Speaker 1: Costco does have Christmas stuff up.
Speaker 4: So maybe I've seen some pumpkin crap sitting outside of stores the past couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: So yeah, my wife's she loves Halloween. We had the Halloween party last year. We're not doing it this year because because it kind of took away from the Christmas party. Because people that went to the Halloween party are like, well, we don't need to go to the Christmas party. You're Halloween party. So we want to just do one big party. So probably do a Christmas party.
Speaker 4: All the witches come out right now, they post online. I wish it was Halloween all year long. Witch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well my wife was Halloween. So much like every time we go to Boston, she has to go to Salem, right the whole Witch's trial thing. The whole town is based on the witches. The police cars have witches on them, and Salem it's it's Salem mass That's great. So anyway, Mike says Ben, how worried are you that the Penny brings its a game this year? Do you think it would help or hurt? The ratings of the Penny dominated the season. So I thought about that, Mike, because I have some skin in the game on this and the way I look at this one, if the Penny crushes it, that's a great story because then we can point out, hey, we've got this TV show and an adamant object is hitting at sixty percent, winners in the NFL be great. So I have no problem with that. Now. I don't want to get crushed. I don't want to get killed on this. And then he says, Danny, g have you you've seen the penny? Right? Can you confirm or deny if it is or even has been a quarter? I've heard rumors. I just want to know the truth. He's in pursuit of the truth, Mike and Fullerton. Danny, he needs the truth.
Speaker 4: Well, I can tell you that I still have the penny that we used all last season, and remember I even used it for a flip to see if we were going to do Popko's Culture or not last Saturday. I have that penny right here on my home desk. And this is the og penny that came out of the FSR studios. Kooper Loop gave me this penny. Hey, so Ben, this has been following you around the past couple of years. Everybody else who says that they're a penny or they have a penny, I think is bullshit.
Speaker 1: And that's because Danny, you're a Mitch right, You're a person of integrity, You're a person of honor, and there's some there's some sham artist people out there, but you're not like that. You're not some foolish person.
Speaker 4: And I say this in the kindest way, but Looney is a fraud.
Speaker 1: Wow. And that penny, Danny, if this show becomes a hit, Benny versus the penny that is the final penny before the TV show. Yeah, you know how much you could sell that for when.
Speaker 4: You guys get canceled halfway through the season. This penny is going to make a comeback. It's going to be sought after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by week nine, we'll be all listen. I never did the TV show. It was all a lie. I have made the whole whole thing up. It was all a gag. Never broadcast on television. But it's back on the podcast every Friday. There you go, votified. Goodness.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm gonna have to rework my contract like Chris Jones in order to return ever to the penny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess got some money here. Ron. Next up, Jennifer in Richmond, Virginia. But she's moving. She's heading to Saint Louis, Misserve. She loves that toasted Ravioli so much. He's going to Saint Louis. But I hope that's for good, good things, Jennifer. I hope you're moving because of a cool job or family or something.
Speaker 4: Like that, Saint Louis, or to be closer to her kid.
Speaker 1: Well kids in Minnesota, it is closer to the kid. Maybe she loves the arch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to live near the arch and move closer to a McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Here you go. Eh, that's a good point, she says. Ben and Danny g holy moly, congratulations on the new side gig. Ben, did you feel like you were an episode of Curb your Enthusiasm when you had those meetings with the NBC executives? And, as she says, Danny, congratulations on the baby boy. What's something that surprised you so far about being a new dad to a new born? So what you think about that, Danny? That is a great point by Jennifer. And I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like I did not, for a stretch think that I had. They call it impostor syndrome where you're like I don't belong here, you know that whole thing. I think we've all had that at some point in our lives. But I definitely had the imposter syndrome and just like driving into Universal Studios to do a TV shows, but it's ridiculous to me, It's so stupid. I don't belong there, but it's it's crazy. So, yeah, that's a great question by you, Jennifer. And let us know why you're going to Saint Louis. I'm curious why you move from Virginia to Saint Louis. I'm sure there's a great reason. I'd love to hear it.
Speaker 4: It better not be for a dude, because you can't be cheating on us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Jennifer, you're not. I mean, come on, we're podcasts. You can't, right, Danny, And then we'll all get along here. Yeah, So answer her question if she wants to know, Like, what's really blown you away here by being a father?
Speaker 4: Now, as I was listening to your answer, it's kind of the same thing. Can you have imposter syndrome when you have a little baby for the first time? Because it still doesn't seem real. It's weird. I was shaving the other day before getting on the road to go to Coveno and Rich and I forgot that there was a baby sleeping in our bed. You know, I thought the baby was downstairs. I guess my wife had put him up in the big bed. He was like a prince in the middle of the big, king size bed, and I had no idea. So I'm shaving and I'm thinking about stuff for the radio show, and all of a sudden, I hear some grunting and a noise and it scared me. And I look over and there's a baby in the bed, and I was like, holy shit. For a few minutes, I forgot I had a baby.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you gotta be man, I would be so fricking paranoid. Yeah, because because the other and you hear these stories and you feel bad for these people that people like forget their kids are in the car, you know, the new kids, because and then it gets hot and bad crap happens and all that. So yeah, how.
Speaker 4: About people who roll over on their kid, well, in their bed. I'm terrified of things like that. So now I'm sleeping with one eye open.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well there's that and the ex girlfriend from back in the day. Also, it's like a double double whammy situation on that. Ozziewah was right saying from what kid with me? Yeah, from from Western Australia, says hot my mates Big Ben and Danny g congratulations on the new gig Benny versus the Penny Band. But I am going to be selfish as I do put some money on games during the season, and there was a podcast that I would listen to to gauge some of picks. Some of my picks on uh, some I liked and some I did not. So my question is how do I now get to see the show. I have to find some back for a channel I guess backwards channel to be able to watch it in Australia.
Speaker 4: I have no idea he wants a Russian website to see the show.
Speaker 1: That would be wrong, you know. I don't do that, Danny. I know that was a gag on the show, but I don't know it's on Roku tv. Is Roku TV on internationally? I don't know that it is probably not. I think it's an American product. I'm not sure how you would watch it. That's a great question. I could ask some of the people at the network if they know.
Speaker 4: Do you know if any of the episodes after they're old, will they be on YouTube?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what the plan is the meetings I had, they had mentioned the Peacock, which is the streaming service, which I don't think is available. Why would it be. He's the National Broadcasting Company, it's not the Australian Broadcasting Company, so I'm not positive. I would hope certain people would record it and you know, to put it on YouTube.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm thinking, because people outside of our area might be able to go to YouTube.
Speaker 1: Yeah, YouTube for sure. If somebody puts it up there.
Speaker 4: He's not going to help him as he needs to study for gambling money though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you surfer around. There are and I cannot endorse you so now that I work at that other company. But there are certain websites that may or may not be ethical, that may or may not have all cable channels streaming, and you may or may not be able to watch those channels whenever you want. So take around a little bit. You'll find it if you really want, If you spend enough time on the Google, you'll find it out in the outback.
Speaker 4: I didn't hear anything.
Speaker 1: He just said, I see nothing. I hear nothing, I know nothing. A quick question from Amish from Columbus. He says, what NFL stadium do you want to visit that you haven't visited? And yeah, he says, hit for him is lambeau Field. I have not seen a game at Lambeofield, but I did. My brother lives near Green Bay, so I went to lambeau Field for the first time. Last year. Was last year amazing. I'm just I didn't even go to games. The whole fact that you're in this small little town in northern Wisconsin with it's just like a regular suburban neighborhood in a small town, and then all of a sudden there's this monstrosity, lambeau Field, the iconic Lambeaufield, and you just imagine how fricking cold it is and how nasty and all that. So it's that's kind of cool. Any stadium you want to go to, Daanty.
Speaker 4: I would love to go to the Polo Grounds.
Speaker 1: Let me know how that goes.
Speaker 4: Seattle. Every time they show The Twelfth Man in that big old stadium there with the roof mostly open, I guess it is open, but it's got like the wings.
Speaker 1: So they have no I of course. Famously, in twenty nineteen, flew to Seattle for a Mala meat greet. The Seahawks were playing the forty nine ers. The Seahawks would not allow me in the stadium, so very kind of them. But I need to stand outside the stadium and they heart organization. Yeah. So what they have, Danny, is they have over this the crowd. Since it rains all the time in Seattle, they have the crowd is covered, but the field is open. So what happens is it's like the echo chamber. The noise of the fans bounces around and then comes back out onto the field. So it's it's actually louder there than it is in dome stadiums because of the echo effect.
Speaker 4: See that's really cool. I would like to go see my Raiders beat the Seahawks like they did with that Josh Jacobs walk off run last year.
Speaker 1: Well you can do that, Danny. It's called the video game, and that's how the Raiders are going to beat the Seahawks on a video game.
Speaker 4: So well off to wait until they get back on their schedule together again.
Speaker 1: Robin Lincoln, Nebraska says been and Danny, g do you guys like the Costco street taco kit other night? We had it? Not enough for a family of four. No, I have not had the Costco street tacer kit because I only like gringo tacos. Rob I like the crunchy taco. My Mexican friends tell me my friends from South America say, that's the gringo talker taco. My old friend Alex, he passed away a couple years ago, but he always used to He used to bust my chops about that. Danny, have you attempted the fate with the Costco street taco kit?
Speaker 4: We have? It's pretty good. There's a nice green sauce in there and yellow corn tortillas. Put those on the grill for a little bit and heat them up on both sides.
Speaker 1: Delicious. Last one, Nick in Wisconsin says Ben and Danny, hope you're all doing well. Ben, I cannot wait to support the new show. Well, thank you, God, bless you. Sorry, Danny, you're no longer the penny question. Please would you rather I guess you, Danny, would you rather lose all your teeth like weed Man or all of your hair like Ben? That's not very nice.
Speaker 4: Look at head wraps hats. You could be fashionable, no teeth. You could sound like the late great Genie in Medford.
Speaker 1: Oh that isn't funny.
Speaker 4: So I think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And I do have hair, just not in certain spots, you know, like on the top there it's a little little gun I've I guess called to sack, but I've cut my hair so short now it I don't think you can tell. It just looks like I shaved my my dome.
Speaker 4: Are you going to do hats all year on the TV show?
Speaker 1: Oh? Absolutely, yeah, I'm a hat guy.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna do dress hats all year?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because I think there's an issue with logos and stuff, and I don't want to deal with the bull crap. You know, if you wear certain hats, they get upset and there's all you know, how it is like a legal department and stuff, you know, And so I swear and.
Speaker 4: They have to put like tape over the logo.
Speaker 1: And just to be clear here, I mean, they pick out what I wear. I don't have. I told them I said, I don't. I just want to wear a hat. Get a little self conscious on that, and then they said, sure, no problem whatever. And so there's a certain outfit they want me to wear, and so I'm gonna wear it, and you know, fine, So it's crazy data to work at a place that has like a wardrobe budget and expense budget. These are things I don't get in radio. Think. I bet, I think one time I've I've filled something out and when I filled it out, I got a guilt trip for filling out the expense report. Like, what are you doing? You should just spend your own money on that? You know, Well, no, you're a big company. You can afford that. And we'll get out. It's NFL, you know, I know what you're doing. I know what I'm gonna be doing. I might go to the Charger game. Possibly, I don't know. It depends on some things that have to break the right way. So we'll see about that. But either I'll be watching football sitting on my couch, or I'll be going to a game, and then I'll still be watching on my laptop.
Speaker 4: Danny, Let's see how your memory is. Did you pick the Raiders or the Broncos And what did the penny say?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so in that game, I took the Raiders in the game. I do not remember what the penny picked in that game, but I took the Raiders. That's not a popular pick, Danny, because they people seem convinced that Sean Payton is. Yeah, I'm like, I don't know about that football. God just ask him and he will tell you. But don't kiss any babies. I kiss any babies. Enjoy the Raiders game. I'll I'm not gonna I think the Rams are gonna be terrible. I'll check the Rams game out. I hope they don't lose by thirty points. I actually think they'll be better because they won't even try in the exhibition season. We'll get out, enjoy the football.
Speaker 4: Your Rams, and then take a nap man ram it ram ram it all night and then sleep it.
Speaker 1: And I'll be on tonight on the radio show all night long, and Danny will be on Monday with your fellas, right Covino and Rich.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Covino on Rich two to four pm on the West. That's five to seven pm in New York City.
Speaker 1: And I'm on tonight eleven o'clock in the West. But that's two am on Monday morning. And we'll go all night long. It's a four hour red eye flight until six in the morning in the East, and we'll talk to you then have a great Sunday. May all your bets be winning ones later, skater gotta murder.
Speaker 4: I gotta go,