Speaker 1: That's hilarious. And Charlottage they're looking into her Cluther. Thank y'all for Ben like coach Lee, how about family.
Speaker 2: The Cha club is where people get the information on the topics, on the artists and everything like that.
Speaker 1: You guys were nice. Everybody got me all nervous like you guys.
Speaker 3: Let's not yo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you locked into the world's most dangerous warning show at.
Speaker 4: About If you want to break this club, can We're gonna bring it one hundred and twenty minders want not come up here?
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus, this is what a'll do. That's right, Get up about the bids and listen to the greatest show on Earth. Good morning, usc.
Speaker 5: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 6: Ess hilarious with that Charlamagne running late.
Speaker 2: It's Wednesday. Guess what day it is? Guess what day it is? That's right, his Wednesday is home day, middle of the week. But I ain't see just in three days. Yes, you your belly is huge.
Speaker 1: I know, yo. Every week it grows like I know.
Speaker 7: That's when you don't see somebody thatside. Is like even with my son, I don't see him for like a week or two, and then I see him. I'm like, dang, yo, you're right here, like right te.
Speaker 2: My eye out of eye right now. That baby looks like it's about to pop them all.
Speaker 1: Like how you feeling? I feel good.
Speaker 8: I did Milwaukee over the weekend and that was great.
Speaker 1: That was amazing.
Speaker 7: They are so yo, they're fun, like they are really fun. The room was so diverse. It was like Asian, Hispanic, black, white, like it.
Speaker 1: Was a lot. I was so happy. I was pleased with myself.
Speaker 6: Milwaukee is a great place.
Speaker 8: Good morning to you too. I know that you missed me.
Speaker 1: Don't come ahead. This guy is crazy. Yes, yes, I'm glad this guy is crazy.
Speaker 8: I ain't really eat good there, It's fine.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 2: I went to the market again and ended up cooking. That's a good thing. Least you know where the food came from. Cooking the way that you like it.
Speaker 1: You see it. It's the way that you like.
Speaker 3: It because just picky, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: And that she don't be like she like to cook her own meals or like for her sister to cook her own meal. None wrong.
Speaker 3: I don't like other people food. That's really what it is.
Speaker 1: Ain't nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 7: And then this week and you in, I'm in Connecticut, Bridgevie, Connecticut Stress Factory, y'alls. So, and that's a three day weekend. That's Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So get your tickets Spicial dot com. Just getting all kind of what you mean Sunday, yes, because I don't usually do Sunday.
Speaker 10: I know that.
Speaker 6: So you're gonna be here Monday.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna be here Monday.
Speaker 1: I don't like the mess. I don't like the I know you. I know I'm not gonna be doing that much.
Speaker 2: I just want to let you know I'm not coming in. And I'm like, what you mean, who you're pregnant? I know, Okay, I know.
Speaker 1: You still don't like it. No, it virtually all right.
Speaker 2: Well, we got a special guest joining us this morning, Monica McNutt.
Speaker 1: Oh. Yeah, Monica is a great sports anker with ESPN. You see her call in the games. Yep. She starts to call the games for the NIXT too, And I called it, I don't know what you call it, post the post the post game. Let's basketball and my goodcast. That's right. I like that.
Speaker 7: I like to see women into sports, like sports analysts and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: That's dope.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she definitely wanted it.
Speaker 1: Man. She used to play for the Georgetown hall Is. She's a great personality. That's right. She's gonna be joining us. All right. The playoffs is still going on because the Mavericks won last night.
Speaker 6: Mavis, Yeah, no one last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been in the series.
Speaker 2: It was still a good game though, it was still I wouldn't know I was sleeping, fell asleep. All right, let's get the show cracking when we come back. We got front page news from the Black Information Network. Morgan would will be joining us. She'll be breaking down what's happening out there in the news. So don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, Well, good morning everybody. We are the Breakfast Club, dj n V, Jess, Larry Charlamagne, the God.
Speaker 6: Let's get in some front.
Speaker 2: Page news, now, some quick sports. Last night, the Timberwolves beat the Mavericks one o five, one hundred. The Mavericks lead the series three to one. And good morning, Morgan, morning morning, how y'all feeling.
Speaker 1: How you feeling? Yeah, all right, well, let's get into it.
Speaker 7: Closing arguments have ended in Donald Trump's criminal hush money case in New York. They lasted for nearly five hours, with Prosecutor Steinlass apologizing for trading brevity for thoroughness. The judges had to give the jury instructions today and deliberations are expected to start around ten am this morning. Actor Robert de Niro, who was also a New York native, spoke outside the courthouse yesterday and here's what he had to say about the former president.
Speaker 5: I don't mean to scare you. No, no, wait, maybe I do mean to scare you. If Trump returns to the White House, you can kiss these freedoms goodbye that we all take for granted and elections forget about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, robbers and Narrow isn't wrong about anything, he said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was argued with pro Trump was out there. He wasn't holding anything back yesterday.
Speaker 1: He was, and he called him a clown and everything.
Speaker 7: And he compaid like clowns in society to Trump being clown running a president, I mean he being a president running the country.
Speaker 6: He wasn't holding nothing back yesterday, not at all.
Speaker 7: So keeping in mind that Trump is being charged with false fying records before the twenty sixteen elections to high payments from adult film star Stormy Daniels. He is the first American president to stand a criminal stand in a criminal trial. And because they the four years have found guilty.
Speaker 3: They have to get this one right.
Speaker 1: I mean, if he's not found guilty, Like, if he beats these charges, it's gonna make the other charges, which are way more serious, you know, which is the stuff I actually think he should be in court for here. It's gonna make those look. You know, he gonna be able to be able to say it's a witch hunt.
Speaker 2: But they were saying, they were saying that his ex attorney, which is pretty much their biggest I guess person on the stand. They were saying, and how can they actually trust him because Michael Cohan, Yeah, he was Trump's bully, like he was the one that was doing everything. But now the same person that was the bully and going hard at people now he turned on Trump.
Speaker 6: So they were like, how do they.
Speaker 1: Know that his story is actually factual? You know? How cold they possibly trust that witness?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just.
Speaker 1: Gonna have to get this right because if he gets found not guilty on this one. He's gonna be able to say all of the cases against him a bs, and it's all of which hunt and it's all politically driven to keep him out the White House.
Speaker 7: Well, let's hope, officers, excuse me, the justice system gets this one right. For formal Memphis police officers charge with the murder of Tyree Nichols are in federal court this week. Nichols died three days after being beat and by officers during a traffic stop on January seventh. Back in twenty twenty three, Demetrius Hailey, Tadarius Bean m Martin the Second, and Justin Smith were scheduled for pre trial hearings both yesterday and today ahead of their federal hearing in September. The federal charges include one count of each of excessive force and deliberate indifference, and two counts of witness tampering. On Friday, of pre chole hearing is scheduled for their state charges, which include second degree murder, aggravated assault, aggravated kidnapping, official misconduct, and official oppression. A fifth officer, Desmond Mills Junior, pled guilty to federal charges. He said, I'm gonna just go ahead and take this.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all the negroes going to jail keyword negroes. Okay, they do not have the complexion for the protection. You ain't gotta worry about that, not okay.
Speaker 7: Speaking of negroes, the baseball record books are about to undergo a big change. According to USA Today, all of the former Negro League players have their statistics officially incorporated into Major League Baseball's historical records. MLV elevated need League statistics to major League status back in December of twenty twenty. The addition of Negro League stats officially makes Hall of Fame catcher Josh Gibson Josh Gibson, one of the greatest of all time, Gibson, who spent his entire career in the Negro leagues. It is now MLB's new all time career leading in batting average and slugging percentage OPS, and holds the all time single season records for each of those categories. Yeah, man, you'd love to see it.
Speaker 1: An exceptional negro What you mean exceptional Negroes?
Speaker 6: And so who do they take out? The Dominican players?
Speaker 1: I can't call it?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, Well that is front page News. Thank you, Morgan. Now what we're talking about next hour?
Speaker 1: In the next hour we are are we talking about?
Speaker 3: Don't let him put you on the spot like that?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 1: Anyways, if you ain't got it up yet, don't let him put you on.
Speaker 8: We're going to talk about the d n C.
Speaker 2: There you go, DNC next hour okay, and everybody else, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent phone lines of wide open again, get it off your chest. Let us know how you're feeling. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Is the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 1: Good morning? The Breakfast Club for today? Is it your time to get it off your chest? Wa wake up, whether you're mad or blessed, time to get up and get something. Call up now.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Hello.
Speaker 13: Who is this?
Speaker 14: Hi?
Speaker 10: This is t J.
Speaker 15: I'm calling from Florida.
Speaker 1: Hey, TJ with Porter Florida Orlando. Okay, Orlando, I love Orlando Mornings.
Speaker 15: Good morning, everybody listen hurricane starting today, when you have conversation, it's not talking about Trump.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: What you wanted to say about the hurricane. Y'all been dealing with them in Florida forever. Y'all know how to deal with them.
Speaker 11: Yet.
Speaker 15: Well no, now they are going all the way up to East School, so it ain't just Florida now.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what.
Speaker 13: Yeah, every prepared, that's right.
Speaker 1: So soon as we get under hurricane watch, we will talking about it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, it's been nasty the last couple of days with the weather, but it's been getting worse, y'all.
Speaker 3: Y'all gotta y'all gotta watch coming. Is there one on the horizon?
Speaker 1: It was one over the weekend?
Speaker 12: Really, yeah, it's one.
Speaker 10: Over the weekend.
Speaker 15: We're cool for now, but I'm sure they'll be back with a vengeon.
Speaker 3: Well let's not hope for that.
Speaker 11: Well, let's not.
Speaker 15: But the weather in the West coast.
Speaker 1: We'll salute everybody who listens, just in Orlando, and we love you to everybody who listens just on one O four point five to beating Orlando.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: We will be here for all your hurricane updates as soon as we get them.
Speaker 6: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 10: This is James from North Carolina.
Speaker 1: All right, what up?
Speaker 6: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 10: But yeah, I would just tell you your man, oh there that I think did he get this whole idea from why he runs himself from the quote unquote Founding follows of this country? You think about it. Everything he it through his career. He made money off of other people's talents, of people's labor, any any kind of dirt. He did. Sleep it underneath the rug, keep it out of the sight of the public, you know, and rewrite basically rewrite history that as you see fit. I mean, that's that's the bootprint that the quote unquote Founding Fallows did it to this country.
Speaker 1: It's not it's it's not just the Founding pauses, it's humans. Humans do our world have done, you know, nefarious things to get the way they need to be. What are you talking about?
Speaker 8: And he's a producers. He made money off of people like his artists.
Speaker 1: Baunchy is just exclusive to America and Diddy. No, it's a global Hey, bring it to you. The bauchery is a global phenomenon. Y. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: It's athlete?
Speaker 15: What's good?
Speaker 1: Way that?
Speaker 14: I can't believe that got through on the day man out here, but I'm loving it. Just hilarious, Okay, you see, you're amazing. I tell you when you came out to the other week and what's played with the students. I'm so wet.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think said.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You're listening to my new book.
Speaker 10: Thank you absolutely.
Speaker 16: I love everything about you.
Speaker 14: I manifesting positivity. You don't gut me through so much. Just listening to it with you. I'm excite. It's DJ Yes Crush shows. I'm trying to kind of be avenger. I got a business that they sed out a gunna. I'm here to promote business in Dina. Everything I made is designed by me, by people I've met on my trips to Diana, and I would love to be a part of your car show at some point.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, the next one is gonna be August seventeenth in New York, New Jersey. We got a couple to announce, but that's the first one we announced. But we're gonna be in Memphis this year, and I think we're gonna be in Shreetsport, Louisiana this year.
Speaker 1: So I'll get updated.
Speaker 14: Looking on line, how can I apply it to your visitory? I can't find that.
Speaker 1: Click the link in my Instagram. If you go to my Instagram. I got a LinkedIn. You can click it.
Speaker 6: They'll give you all the info you neque.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I can't believe I got to thank you guys.
Speaker 16: Listen, if you got to say follow me.
Speaker 14: My business is called Crowned Africa. I'm here bringing Africa to America, which is flight in a way that we can appreciate it there with me. It's all one of the time they've been gona handmade. We supporting businesses.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, Thank you, Luther.
Speaker 3: Ghana man, I love Ghana.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I know with the Ghana about a year ago. I want to I'm going back. I got I got property in Ghana. Love Ghana man, beautiful Cliff.
Speaker 6: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Good morning the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Shet five five five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 12: This is Joy Moore from Philadelphia.
Speaker 6: Hey, Joy, good wanting to get it off your chest?
Speaker 12: All right, First of all, good morning to you the day Envy Charlemagne. I missed your book signing I'm sorry, I want to butcher and just hilarious.
Speaker 18: I love you, I love you.
Speaker 12: Someone on Green Street. I live in Germantown.
Speaker 10: That's where it was.
Speaker 1: I'm not going.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm but can I.
Speaker 12: Get a book later?
Speaker 1: As I finished this your center of book, Eddie, send your Philly people of book. Don't be disrespectful. You know exactly where the address at to Eddie. We got you ahead, mama.
Speaker 12: All right. So, so anybody with the situation with Trump, why would you vote for somebody who called people at the Capitol tech hero like, what's wrong with people?
Speaker 1: Well, if you wanted those people who uh who considered them, who consider those people also heroes, you would volle form like.
Speaker 12: That's Trump, That's what. Yeah, I mean, I'm staying, but that's a misconception. That was idiotic.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 12: It wasn't patriotic.
Speaker 3: I agree. I think him saying that he wanted to suspend your home, him.
Speaker 1: Saying he wanted to suspend the constitution to overthrow the results of an election, that wasn't patriotic, youth, Yes, I agree with you totally.
Speaker 12: So everything Robert than that was said was the absolutely trill. Okay, when I need people to do their home violence and do the right thing.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you for calling Joe Holdings. We could get you that book.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you y'all.
Speaker 12: Have a great day.
Speaker 1: Hello. Who's this? Oh?
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, just Chris call him from eight Pol three.
Speaker 1: C three Low Country. I'll be there to night. My brother he coming.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, sir, kiss you all day, man.
Speaker 12: Kiss you all.
Speaker 1: D you already know?
Speaker 6: Yes, Sorry, I just want to call you.
Speaker 10: I'm trying to come to that all books on a dead man, get one of your books.
Speaker 1: Man, off you mat I'll be there tonight. You know they moved it too, the Music Farm, so Blue Bicycle Books moved into Charston Music Farm.
Speaker 3: So I'll be there to night at seven pm.
Speaker 10: All right, that's the bit y'all had one of your family members.
Speaker 1: Man, I got the information.
Speaker 10: I'm that man on to night.
Speaker 1: Don't be talking to but now I'll be there tonight at seven pm. It's moderated by doctor Tanya Matthews, who's the CEO of the African International African American Museum, and Tessa Spencer.
Speaker 3: So I'll be down there tonight at seven chalk the Music Farm.
Speaker 10: All right, all right, I got you man, appreciate you, man.
Speaker 1: That's right. I want me some boiled peanuts when I come back up here with some boil peanuts, don't y'all laugh.
Speaker 3: Me for none?
Speaker 1: My god, say you want to boil penis like my peenus fried?
Speaker 3: I like my peanuts boiled. We're talking about Oh my god, you can't.
Speaker 2: Get this morning right, get it off your chest eight hundred and five eighty five. He got ready, like, okay, Ja, all right now we got just.
Speaker 6: With the mess coming up? What we're talking about?
Speaker 7: Yes, Rolling Stone did an exclusive on Diddy. Yeah, fifty friends that came.
Speaker 1: Forward, so damn it. Yeah, well they ain't friends if they came forward.
Speaker 2: We'll get to it next. It's the Breakfast Cloak the Morning, the Breakfast Club. All right, morning, everybody's j n V. Just a lot's chelamin the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now let's get to Jess with the message news.
Speaker 1: Is real, Hilarius, Jessica, Robin Moore, just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 12: That talk.
Speaker 13: Talk the world.
Speaker 3: Why Jess worldwide?
Speaker 1: Mess on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 19: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something. That nobody could get you to see.
Speaker 1: That's time to set it off, all right, y'all.
Speaker 7: So I know I teased Diddy, but because I don't want to be wrong, because they always say I'm wrong, Okay, I wanted to get a lot more time to get the situation all under you know, underrest it. So that stays here for that in the seven hours. But right now social media reacts to Andre three thousand. So he was playing at a jazz festival over the weekend in Atlanta. I didn't know that it was an actual jazz festival. I thought he was up there with like real prose, like it's a festival, and so when I heard it, I was like, oh, it's not that bad. It's this concert the whole time. This man was playing at a jazz festival. What's crazy is the audio.
Speaker 8: And the reason why I'm stressing it it's the festival is because gotta.
Speaker 1: Be a little bit better. This is what he did. You can't kill it now, all right, that's the sound at the festivals. Clearly the acoustics was messed up. It sounds like they need a better sound system. Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 7: One person on social media said, never listen to rat fans about what jazz should sound like. Andre just needs better acoustics. So to Charlemagne point, that's what somebody said. I've heard jazz life before, and yeah, acoustics definitely matters. I mean, it's a wide opstauce you outside. You know it's a festival. But I have heard like real live jazz festivals before with not really great acoustics, and it was it was better than that. Meanwhile, another person compared to his performance, compared his performance, it's that episode of Martin Will hustle Man attached his casuit to the saxophone.
Speaker 1: Somebody here we go.
Speaker 2: So Santabad, was he the only one that sounded like that? Or was that his performance just like that? Or did everybody that was performing at night the acoustics pretty bad?
Speaker 8: Listen, they only shadowed him. So that's the point.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the other problem is it is a jazz show.
Speaker 1: They do that show every year, but he's not up there doing jazz like I've been to an Andre three thousand flute show. I went to the hundred two thousand show where he was playing the flute. I loved every minute of it. The sound was great, they had a light show, they had to smoke going in the building, and y'all negroes don't deserve words. But was there everything?
Speaker 15: Damn?
Speaker 1: Calm down?
Speaker 8: Was there anything else besides the fleet though?
Speaker 3: No, it's a three thousand flute show.
Speaker 8: No, But did he have any other anything else playing?
Speaker 7: He is a band with him, so I feel like he could have had other Pete, you know, he could have had his band out there.
Speaker 1: It was just him playing the flute.
Speaker 6: He just pulled up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he just pulled up with the flute, went up there, set in a chair and just did this.
Speaker 6: Sime, did he get booted onough?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, nobody bullt him.
Speaker 7: What makes the whole thing funny is that, in an interview with CBS CBS Morning is Dre, he admitted that he just be going with the flow when he plays, so just we saying like, I.
Speaker 20: Don't even know what notes I'm playing, So everything every move for me is new, which is kind of crazy, but it feels great to do it because when you find things, you're like, oh, it's like a reward for searching.
Speaker 7: So when you're comparing it to jazz, I guess okay, it's like, uh, but it's a feeling to him.
Speaker 1: He said, he on really vibe.
Speaker 3: You gotta go see it when he does it live.
Speaker 1: Man, the one I don't want to tell the show because I don't know if this is part of his show, because he said he go with the flow. But there was one part of the show where he he just started going. He didn't started going. Literally when when when When when in the audience was reacting to it, and he goes, I ain't say nothing just now, I just made all that. But he had all in the vibe. It was a vibe. I loved it.
Speaker 3: I thoroughly enjoyed.
Speaker 1: And he was probably the main one acting like you knew he said, I wish I wish one thing at his show, but I wish I was high.
Speaker 13: He wasn't hot.
Speaker 1: I know the lights was going and the smoke was going, and that the flute had just a nice, peaceful vibe. Like you, I was zoned.
Speaker 7: That was more intimate, though it wasn't. That wasn't like a big you know, so I feel like things like that. Yeah, the Flute show was definitely intimate. Gotta come high, get in the vibe.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. That's what's up self?
Speaker 3: A fair men.
Speaker 1: Go see thousand and show you can't it's is it called the Blue I can't remember right now. The New Blue Son Tour, that's what it's called. Nice New Blue Son toy. Okay.
Speaker 7: Snoop Dogg Thanks Kendrick and Drake done episode no. During a recent appearance on Entertainment Tonight, Snoop Douglas X how he felt about the beat between Drake and Kendrick, and this is what he had to say.
Speaker 21: I want to give both of them a shout out for ways in the bar as far as lyrics, as far as songmaking and writing, because the writing has been up since the confrontation or whatever you call whatever they went through. Those are my nephews. I'm not in the middle of it. I support both of them, and that's personal business, not my business. But as far as what they did for the industry and the rap game, they made you rap again. They ain't just mumble your way and gimmick your way to a song no more, buddy, So thank y'all.
Speaker 1: And I do agree with that like he did.
Speaker 7: Definitely, you know people look at lyrics, Yeah, yeah, definitely. They went from buzz the allegations, so yeah, they.
Speaker 1: A mumbling rapper popping right now, y'all was in the club this weekend listening to mad mumbling rappers knock it off?
Speaker 6: You was, no, I wasn't.
Speaker 1: People were You know what I'm saying, like, what are you talking like?
Speaker 6: People are looking at the lyrics though they look at the lyrics.
Speaker 1: And you never looked away from lyrics. They just like the mumble rap too. I don't know why we act like the two can't.
Speaker 2: Call one, but they got sected Kendrick and Drake a lot more than they usually do with any rapper.
Speaker 1: That's not I mean it was.
Speaker 3: It was distant.
Speaker 1: So they were listening, but they weren't listening for lyrics. They were listening for the tea. You know what I'm saying. If I tell you right now, tell me one of the Drake of Kendrick's most fire balls.
Speaker 11: What what?
Speaker 3: What would you say?
Speaker 1: A minor I'm saying, but if you listen to something like Meet the Graham, Kendrick was really snapping. If you listen to something like Family Matters, Drake was really snapping, like they really saying some dope ass balls.
Speaker 3: People don't remember that. They remember the tea now.
Speaker 7: I like the colonizer line like when he broke it down he named all the rappers and how he was making that last verse like I like that, okay, and then dang well Snoop dog wife. She is opening up a strip club. It's called it's gonna be called the Players Club, y'all. It's the grand open. It takes for since week. DJ Drama will be on the set along with DJ sky Hi Baby, and guest appearances are h Tiffany had his two short big boy in cutric Dannatain and so congratulations to grab Boss, Lady Entertainment, Chantey Brothers.
Speaker 3: That's right, dropping a clue.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be called Players Club. I know that's right.
Speaker 19: Oh.
Speaker 8: And the carpet, it's gonna be blit like ain't a red carpet?
Speaker 1: We knew that. I love when you're pregnancy brain kick in during the middle of the story because it be pregnancy brain and a little bit of hate because you're pregnant and you want to go to the club, and.
Speaker 3: Sure you looking at it like damn, why am I talking about something like yeah?
Speaker 1: So that's just what the mess for the first hour.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Jess.
Speaker 2: Now when we come back, Morgan Wood has front page news, so don't go anywhere, and then don't forget Monica McNutt.
Speaker 6: Basketball analysts for ESPN will be joining us. Since the Breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 13: You're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Morning everybody.
Speaker 2: It's DJ Envy Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Morgan.
Speaker 7: The Democratic National Committee will hold a virtual roll call to nominated President Biden as the party's nominee before the Democratic National Convention in August.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: The move is to ensure that Biden can get on the ballot in Ohio.
Speaker 7: The timing of the Democratic Convention conflicted with the state's deadline to certify the party's presidential nominee. Now, Democrats need to certify Biden by August seventh in Ohio, but the convention ficks off on August nineteenth. Republican lawmakers in the state have been reluctant to pass the bill to shift the deadline without a vote on unrelated campaign finance legislation. Meanwhile, several community groups are trying to get the attention of local and national officials before the convention comes to Chicago. This summer, dozens of protesters rallied outside of the eighteenth District Police station in Chicago to express their thoughts.
Speaker 1: Here's one of them.
Speaker 22: There are tens of thousands of people the in Chicago to march on the Democratic National Convention to tell the Democrats, no business as usual. We will not be bullied into voting for a party that supports a genocide.
Speaker 7: Now, after the rally, those groups, the group of protesters, they marched to Governor Pritzker's house and said they will be ramping up their political pressure as of August and the DNC approaches moving on. A young girl's reaction is going viral after her mother was accused of stealing a pair of Montclair glasses in New York. Let's roll the audio on that, and here's a trigger warning to the child is disgruntled.
Speaker 1: She's pretty upset.
Speaker 11: Wow bag.
Speaker 14: The description of a female black.
Speaker 3: Classes remind me I know what it was?
Speaker 8: Were classes?
Speaker 1: Did I stew?
Speaker 3: There's not recording it now you'll should not be.
Speaker 13: Recording it went out.
Speaker 7: I know Kanye is gonna use that for us, Yeah nah, and being more serious that yo. She didn't even fit the description.
Speaker 1: She had a.
Speaker 2: Ponytail, gray On, Damn white On. Yeah, yeah, that little bit, that baby was wild for her mom. She should have because she was like, my mom didn't steel it, and they didn't find glasses on it, So I don't understand why they even put her in the police cart they went to jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to think through that's horrible that little kid, that the trauma, that little kid got the experience, because that little kid probably has seen or heard things on the news, you know, of of people being killed at the hands of police officers are being assaulted.
Speaker 6: At the hands Maybe she's been through it before.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's been through it before, but either way, you could tell that that that triggered her in a real way.
Speaker 3: She got to live with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was shouting expletives at the officer. Her mother seemed unfazed by that.
Speaker 7: But yeah, to your point, if you get into that point of rage, yeah, you've been through some things, but.
Speaker 2: You would have to understand if she's in the store with her mom and and maybe she said, I've seen who stole It wasn't my mother, it was somebody else, and you arrested my mom, You put her in cups.
Speaker 6: You embarrassing my mom in public going through her stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very traumatized. Then they probably told the little girl don't snitch. So she saw who did it, but don't want to say nothing.
Speaker 3: So now she super she.
Speaker 1: Said, she was like, who did it?
Speaker 10: She did?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I know who did?
Speaker 3: Know who did it? Oh okay, congratulations, aunt did it her aunt?
Speaker 1: He was shut up. Come on, man, she was with him, man, so cut it out, man, So hold on. The aunt stolen the restaurant allegedly allegedly. You don't know what they look like.
Speaker 8: The arm probably got away.
Speaker 1: I'm glad, all right.
Speaker 2: The house maybe the art got white and braids, but the lady did they had in cups then definitely we didn't have white looking like.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but she did have braids. Boy, I know that is they haven't at the house because honest, like, why are you what you're telling on me for? Why are you telling the police?
Speaker 15: I did do.
Speaker 3: Exactly right.
Speaker 1: So you don't know how we used to get done. I used to steal for your mom, your mommy steal for me.
Speaker 3: We go back and forth.
Speaker 1: What we do now? How you think you got them? Glass system out there.
Speaker 7: Allegedly allegedly and in health related news, anybody got any tattoos. Well, apparently if you get a tattoo, that can increase the risk of developing lymphoma, which is a type of blood cancer. A new study out of Sweden found that people who had a tattoo of any size it only has to be one, had a twenty one percent higher risk of getting the blood cancer. Now, the risk was highused among those who gotten their first tattoo within the past two years.
Speaker 1: So maybe something some new ink out there or something.
Speaker 2: God, this is this is actually great for me because my son was about to be twenty one once a tattoo, even trying and my wife be like, no, you can't get it.
Speaker 6: He's like but dad got one, and he was like, man, but be better than your father.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: But this is good.
Speaker 6: I can come home with discipline.
Speaker 1: You want cancer? Bro? Yeah? Do you want Do you want canton? Do you want lemphomia? Do you want to die?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go hard at them today.
Speaker 1: Thank you, but you're welcome. I'm Morgan Wood.
Speaker 7: That's your front page news. You can follow me on social media at Morgan Media m O R G y N N E d I A and check out more of my news coverage at Black Information Network and bi in news dot com.
Speaker 2: About right now, all right now, when we come back, Monica McNutt will be joining us. She's a basketball analyst for ESPN. She used to play for the Georgetown Hoyas. And we're gonna talk to her next and don't move.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Wanting everybody's d J N V Jesse, Larry Charlamagne, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: You got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed you have Monica McNutt.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Hi guys.
Speaker 3: Monica is the poetry reporter.
Speaker 23: Analysts were working cycle instructor on the side, okay, and you know, just trying to take care of my mentals and my chicken.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Marshawn.
Speaker 6: Now let's talk.
Speaker 1: Can we talk some sports for sports, Let's let's talk w Let's talk about Monica first. Can we get know Monica before we get into the sports. You know, she played in college, but Georgetown, I did, I did?
Speaker 3: Why did you stop playing?
Speaker 11: You know what?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 23: So I was very realistic, right and I remember saying to my dad, like I don't want to be twenty eight coming back from overseas and being at entry level positions. I don't live with a bunch of regress yard, but it is the one thing that I do regret not even trying to see if I could stick on the roster in the W. I had so much respect for the craft. I didn't think I was good enough, and frankly, I was ready to put my energy elsewhere. Basketball was like third grade every Saturday, every summer. You know what I'm saying, that commitment, and so I was kind of like, all right, I'm ready to do something else. So I did not attempt to go pro. I immediately began my full rate into media.
Speaker 2: Do you think you could have went pro? You think you could have win? Pro se and everybody that the way they played and knowing the way that you played.
Speaker 23: I graduated twenty eleven. I think I could have made a roster. I don't know if I would have stuck for the entire season. If I'm honest, the W is just that tough.
Speaker 1: It's just that tough.
Speaker 6: Now, how did you get to be in an analystic report?
Speaker 23: So when I graduated in twenty eleven, we lost to Yukon ironically in Philly and at the press conference final press conference.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yo, like my career is over. I'm trying to get in the media.
Speaker 1: What's up.
Speaker 23: And a couple of folks in the audience actually gave me cards and connected, and I think I'm very thankful to my parents. Advocating for myself has been something that I have never struggled with court seeing my parents and so all along the way, I'm meeting these people and letting them know what I wanted to do. I actually ended up being at a Washington Post event and sitting in front of the director of the Phillamol College of Journalism or Sports Program for Sports Journalism at University of Maryland, again advocating for myself. He's like, come truck out our journalism program. At the time, I didn't know who he was. Turned out to be George Solomon. That gets the wheel rolling in me in terms of opportunities to learn the craft of journalism, study it, be able to go and perform in various mediums, and then take my basketball passion of basketball knowledge and merge the two. So twenty thirteen I graduated from grad school and then it's just kind of been pushing ever since.
Speaker 1: Was there any body that inspired you to want to get into broadcast journalism.
Speaker 23: Robin Roberts, like I was a nineteen ninety six, ninety seven WNBA foundational years Robin Roberts was still working on the call at that point, and I just remember seeing her and then following her to ESPN a Sports center and obviously on the GMA, like it was like yo, like that's me, Like I could do that. And so I think Robert Roberts is probably my first muse in the space. And then I would say somebody like Doris Burke probably does.
Speaker 3: This stigma still exists that women don't know sports on.
Speaker 23: It's changing, but it's definitely still out there. And I'll be honest, y'all. For me, it was so funny this week Monday. First take Steve and Ay Shannon, all those guys, and STEVENA has to take this moment to address this whole thing with Jaylen Brown, right, and I am listening, and I'm like, Dak, this man have been in the industry twenty five plus years, well respected, and he's still having to clarify. And so for me, you know, less than ten years in at least doing that show and on that platform, it was this, that's just the nature of the beast's moment, because I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, I didn't say that.
Speaker 23: When people are like tweeting stuff at me, Like I didn't say that, that's completely out of context. And so I think you learn and you build this card tissue, the tough skin to deal with it, because it's just the nature of the beasts.
Speaker 3: I do understand differently.
Speaker 23: We forget fan is short for fanatic, and so sometimes when I'm engaging, I'm like, all right, is this misogynistic bs or is this just a crazy fan?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 3: And you gotta be able.
Speaker 23: I don't want to say hold space, but you gotta be able to navigate both, because there is still a sentiment out there that women just don't know what they're talking about. And for me, I'm like, look, we don't have to agree. That's the nature of the beast. That's the nature of human experience. But don't be nasty for no reason.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing.
Speaker 2: Now I got to ask you, WNBA, Let's do it. There's been a lot of conversation recently about the WNBA. Things have changed in the last year, but I think people wanted more and I see them starting to talk more and more and more and more trash. Right, Caitlin Clark for example, Right, you know she's doing well, scoring twenty two points. It's difficult, like this is top level basketball, but people wanted more. They want to her like what she did in college, and they're saying that this could actually hurt the WNBA.
Speaker 6: What's your thoughts on that?
Speaker 23: So two things can be true, and this is why the run up to Kaylin getting drafted and becoming a pro was so fascinating to watch for those of us that have been in the space.
Speaker 3: Right, she's dynamic, change the game.
Speaker 23: She's worthy of all the contracts, the dollars, the rise and tide raises, all ships whatever. Although there is trajectory of the WNB in the last four years, some of these things were going to happen anyway.
Speaker 1: But the w is also tough.
Speaker 23: It's one hundred and forty four of the best women in the world period, not in the United States, in the world. And so she is fine and talented and will be okay. And there's also going to be a curve, and I think that's what we're seeing in real time. You don't get dropped the number one because the team just won a championship. The team is straggling, right, and the Beaver have struggled since they won a championship with Tamika Catches. I think that was twenty sixteen, So they're trying to get back to the promised land, so to speak. I think the hope is, Okay, We're turning in to watch Caitlin. I'm learning about the Connecticut Sign, I'm learning about the La Sparks, I'm learning about the Las Vegas Aces, these other teams that I now want to follow.
Speaker 3: That's the hope. Now the reality.
Speaker 23: I literally had this conversation a week ago one of my bosses is that fan base for her going to hang on while the Fever continue to struggle. Now I can't answer that. I can already see growth in her first one two weeks the month of the season. But I hope that the eyeballs that she's bringing about women's sports at large and not just her, and that encourages and boost the WNBA at large.
Speaker 1: I've never rooted for a white woman so much of my left okay, because she has to be successful. I feel like, you know, the more success she has, the more success women's basketball is going to have. Like people should want her to succeed, but I don't. It's kind of weird to see people rooting against her.
Speaker 3: So first of all, let's let let charlam mane and be less unpacked that who is who is Chuck talking to the other day? Like who is Chuck talking to? Stop mating?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 23: Yeah, Now if you're talking to the internet, make that clear. Because I have talked to wm E players, I've talked to her teammates in Indiana, like, folks are excited and thrilled, but the idea that the w NBA has to play kumbaya and not compete Like whoever said, I'm blank, was it your t they's said, y'all should be competing because you want to make her look good.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If you one of the podcast I say that you write this clip like cut it out, cut it out, like at the base at the foundation of this this competition, and that is beautiful and worthy of celebration. If you're listen and you don't know what she's talking about, he was saying that that WNBA should fall back off for her score and her score thirty forty the first two years and get more people involved and then play hard on her. But I'm like you, it's competition. Like now I want to show that I can defend her. I want to show that when she comes into my city that she's scoring two points.
Speaker 3: That's like, that's no insult to her. She's a competitor.
Speaker 23: She gonna go get she gonna go do what she gotta do. Like, do not give this any real rational space in your head.
Speaker 1: Don't even do it. I'm like, Jeff might not be a little all.
Speaker 2: You might not be wrong because he's saying her for two years, getting more people involved, especially going to go see her.
Speaker 3: It's not like she's not getting shots.
Speaker 10: To be fine.
Speaker 6: She's to me, if i'm her, that's an insult.
Speaker 1: That's an insult.
Speaker 3: It's only been with five games. I got a double check on something like that.
Speaker 1: She scored twenty a few times. But I'm looking at everything else she's doing. She's getting as, she's getting cut down on the turnover, but she looks like she's doing.
Speaker 23: She's gonna be as she's doing anything quite as his cap. I don't I shouldn't say quiet as his cap. But it just hasn't been as much of a national headline. But her comrade in that class, Andrelice has been off to a record right Like Angel is stupid and I'm hooping, And I'll be the first to say that. In college, I was like, Ah, how's this going to translate in terms of position, But the work ethic, the energy get into the glass, like the toughness, all of those things have translated, and I'm really excited for her. This rookie class is dope, and I think the timing of it is really unique in terms of the growth of women's sports at large. And then you have these personalities that you can latch onto and really root for, and they are cool sharing their lives, which is super dope. So it's a beautiful combination. So right now you're a Rookie of the Year. So far as the injuries, in terms of product, I mean both those tams a struggling. Haven't Eve thought about me, it's so early. My big thing going into the conversation with Rookie of the Year though, is whose numbers are going to impact their team's overall improvement. So right now you would give a slight edge to Chicago. Both of those teams are struggling. Well not shit isn't struggling. They're still young, they're still building, but you would probably give a slight edge to Chicago right now.
Speaker 3: Cardoza not even Yeah, she had a shoulder thing, she's getting she's getting back.
Speaker 6: I we got more with Monica McNutt when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Good morning morning.
Speaker 2: We all are the breakfast club to kicking it with Monica McNutt, basketball analysts for ESPN and more. And I also got to ask, you know, people have been complaining about the refs in the NBA recently, and they're saying they make bad calls and this, that and the other.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on the rest of the NBA.
Speaker 23: I think referring is a thankless job. Your best case scenarios. We say nothing about you.
Speaker 2: Right the one time the paces complaining seventy eight times is like, that's crazy, Like in one game.
Speaker 23: Yes, I think between Game two and three they sent seventy eight clips to the league office.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 23: Rick Carlo popped the thirty five thousand dollars flying for his postgame press conference after Game two, and in Game three in Indiana, the tenor of the game was a little different.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's why I think they won that game, but we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna We're gonna keep moving.
Speaker 23: Officiating definitely has room to improve, and it's just a matter of consistency. Complete accident, was it? Jaylen Bronston kicks TJ McConnell on the head? Everybody listening, JJ Reddick, Mike Breen, Georgeburg like, by rule, this is gonna be a flaker.
Speaker 3: One unintentional, but you kick the dude in the face.
Speaker 23: The crew ruled that it was just a regular file like it was like, oh, and so I think there is consistency by the letter of the law that is missing and that probably be my biggest right.
Speaker 2: And who's the face of the league right now? You look at some of the biggest stars in the league, they didn't make the playoffs. Well out the playoffs, I should say, you eat Lebron. You're talking Curry, You're talking Kevin Durant, these guys out, So who is the face of the league? I mean, we've only been debating us for like three weeks on television.
Speaker 23: A look, I still think that those guys when you think NBA, you think of the Jannis, KD Steph and Lebron still first in my mind.
Speaker 3: But I do think we are witnessing and changing of the guard.
Speaker 23: But then you got like Kyrie who's going off alongside Luca, right, they love Kyrie.
Speaker 1: Now, Michael Jordan is the face of the NBA. Okay, And you know how you know Michael Jordan's face in the NBA because even the greatest players that are still playing right now still get compared to Michael Jordan. Anthony Edwards is still getting compared to Michael Jordan right now. Lebron James, they still if he was in the playoff, they would say he's still chasing Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan is the face of the NBA guys and gals. Okay, I don't know if.
Speaker 3: I agree with that, but sure I understand your logic.
Speaker 23: I think the face of the league is such a it's a loaded question, right because so much of it is also like wanting to and so in terms of the guy that's front facing a vocal, it's definitely Steph and Lebron. In terms of like they're gonna capture all of these deals regarding the league. They're gonna wear mics that you know what I'm saying, They're gonna be strategic and everything that they're doing. I don't know if there's anybody that seems to embrace it quite the way they do until you turn around and got and Edwards.
Speaker 3: But I will say the.
Speaker 6: Light An Edwards, I love it.
Speaker 2: He's like he's onnest. He comes from a side of it, almost like a more like an Ivisont approach. I don't know about none of you them. I'm gonna say what I got to say, and it is what it is. And then if you talk back to me, I'm gonna try to dunk on you.
Speaker 1: By the way, I like Anthony Edwod's too, but it feels like once those Jordan talks really started to heat up for that week, his performances didn't match. So this is year one though I feel you on that, but this is your one.
Speaker 23: I'm gonna say this baby, this young man, this athlete is Starloman his baby. He's never been this far and to me, he looks absolutely cooked and fatigued in the series, So I think he has time. Like this is the question around him has been it's either the new face of the league. I don't think he's there yet. But like you said, the MJ comps the personality. All of these things are reasons for folks to tune in, and so I think he's got He's twenty two, y'all, He's got plenty of time and plenty of runway. But I think knocking out the defendant chimps in the way that they did that made that very exciting and talking trash all along the way.
Speaker 6: Please, I got to ask about one more nick question we got.
Speaker 3: What do they shut up?
Speaker 2: What do the Knicks need to do for next year? You know they've been talking about do they trade Randall, do they keep Randall? Do they bring somebody else in? What should we do?
Speaker 23: So hear me out listening, I think people forgot what this team could look like healthy, Yeah, right. Mitchell Robinson goes down in October, Julius goes down at the end of January, OG and missus a month ish down the stretch of the regular season. You get to the postseason, Ogi's still dealing with the injury stuff, and then obviously it ends with the jaylen Han thing.
Speaker 3: Right, Julius was a twenty five and nine guy All Star right all NBA.
Speaker 23: Mitchell Robinson was having the best season to date before going down with that foot injury, and then when he did get healthy. He was productive until he got hurt to get an that Philly series. I actually would be okay if this team stood its ground and ran it back healthy. But to me, the culture has to be protected. Y'all know y'all heard all the conversation about TIBs. I was, I like, wanted to kick anybody in the face that want to talk to me about TIBs in minutes, like.
Speaker 6: Stop it, say TIB's work peaked to tick work.
Speaker 1: Like we're trying to win.
Speaker 3: Y'all want to count minutes, y'all one w's like what were we doing?
Speaker 23: So if they're going to add I think that front office has earned tremendious respect with the trade that they made to get Og and Precious the Truer and even the two guys out of Detroit were beneficial down a stretch. They deserve respect. To me, you gotta get a guy that fits a TIBs system. You gotta be able to play. You want to play on both sides of the floor, and the ball care really stick. I think the misconception is that the ball has to stick with Jalen. Jalen to me, is an incredible high basketball like you guy, Yes, he's gonna get his buckets. But if you gave him somebody that also was drawing a double team, which is Tip's favorite thing to say, like he gonna pass the rock, he gonna get off of it because he's a winner. So I would actually be okay if they ran it back and they were healthy. But whoever it is, you gotta be a real hooper and not in the NBA because of the lifestyle, and you just happen to be talented.
Speaker 6: Devin Booker. They had been saying, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Don't love that one?
Speaker 23: Two ball dominant and what we're doing on the other side of the ball. I just I don't love that one, Bronnie, Ronnie. I mean I see where you're going there, right, I do see.
Speaker 1: Where you're going.
Speaker 23: Look, that is the comp literally Monday she lebron James testferg Agency sincerely right. Two places in my mind, Philly has the money, they could actually do it, and everybody's like he can't go to Philly, no chance. And then in terms of brand and start probably like it ain't no place like New York. I don't think that's realistic. But that's the guy. You don't question his work ethic you don't question his availability, like he gonna hoop when he went As long as he's out here, you gonna hoop. Is Brownie ready for the lead? I have not watched Bronnie enough, so I can't say, but I do appreciate that. I think my favorite thing in this process, as the highlights have come down from the combine, was his player comps, like he was honest, like he's like, these are the kind of guys that I love. Daveyon Mitchell, like they called him off night in college because when he guards, the other guys have off nights, and that comp was one of my favorites.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 23: Derek White, I think was a guy he mentioned as well who's had a tremendous path to get to where he is now with the Celtics as they head to the finals. So I liked that he was in touch and he wasn't delusional in that way. I don't question that the young man is willing to work. This draft class might be the opportunity that makes most sense, because you're not talking about a Victor Wembayama zion or a job. I think you can get ready, you know what I'm saying. Like and if he has the opportunity. His dad is Lebron, He gonna he gonna tell you what you need to do in terms of the work, and not just from the nepotism side, but literally from the work, because that's one thing Lebron has never cheated.
Speaker 1: Kaitlyn Clark versus Brownie James one on one, you want.
Speaker 23: To like, I'm gonna say Kaitlyn off of like go women, but like, also what can they play horse horse?
Speaker 2: I'm saying Kaitlyn, Okay, yeah, because she's gonna give you stuff crery shots.
Speaker 3: I think one on one, I have not watched Bonnie close enough. I can't say, but I'm just in my head a little more athleticism there.
Speaker 1: That could be problematic. What do you what are your early thoughts? You look like were about to get a Boston, Dallas, great cities.
Speaker 3: I'm happy about that.
Speaker 23: I mean, I'm sad for Many and one of my Homewoism is part of the Many organization. But this is gonna be a great series, like this Scurity Guard downstairs, like who you Got? And I was like, bro, I'm not already make PICKSU yet. I'm not ready to make picks. I really feel like this is Boston's year that's.
Speaker 1: Been playing though Dallas been balling.
Speaker 3: Dallas has been balling against the defense that can't deal.
Speaker 23: Boston has the pieces to deal right, Like Drew Holliday Defensive Player Year, Rudy Gobert like respected but in terms of most versatile defenders, like if that was a separate award, Drew Holliday, O g Nnoby, like those type of.
Speaker 3: Dudes that can guard went through five.
Speaker 6: Who stops Kyrie?
Speaker 1: The team it's a collective.
Speaker 3: But listen to me.
Speaker 23: If they're running pick and roll right, Drew Gota switched with I don't the first three.
Speaker 3: The other three guards right, Tatum brown, white, white, white. That ain't easy.
Speaker 23: Now, I'm not saying Carrie still might not finish with thirty and I'm not saying Luca's not gonna hear some crazy shots. But they also got to go down the other end. They're gonna have to defend as a collective. Now, Dallas's defense has been a lot better than I think folks gave a credit for, particularly after those trades.
Speaker 3: And I love the hunger that PJ.
Speaker 23: Washington and Daniel Gaffer have brought to that team, coming from organizations that wasn't doing n But at the same time, like the chess match of this might very well come down to Missoula and Jason Kidd on the sideline. You got Drew Halliday who has won. You got Kyrie who has won. Both won alongside big time faces of the league type of guys, respectively. So there's an experience there as a collective. Bun't been to a few finals a couple at this point, right, so like they get it. And as much as Kyrie experience, Kyrie's experience is powering the MAVs, Like what does the rest of that group look like on the biggest stage, assuming that they're going to get there.
Speaker 1: We're not.
Speaker 23: We don't count Minnesota all the way out till they all the way out. But I'm excited for this finals. I'm really excited for this final and this finals. If these if the conference finals end in five, like this is going Steven, This is going to be so much fun.
Speaker 1: Kyrie the villain back of the team that he was once a part of.
Speaker 23: The logo, right, Christazinger gets healthy. He was in Dallas at one point like this, I'm excited for this one.
Speaker 6: We got more with Monica McNutt when we come back, it's to breakfast club.
Speaker 10: Good morning morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is j n V jes Lari Charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Monica McNutt know her basketball and unless she works for ESPN.
Speaker 6: Question, what's your thoughts on.
Speaker 1: The gambling of the NBA. I hate it.
Speaker 23: I just think it's dangerous And even this year when the Porter kid had his episode, I just was like, I understand making an example, but literally, whether it's insert gambling property here, the tagline of the commercial is.
Speaker 3: The start effects and if you need.
Speaker 1: Help, call gambling.
Speaker 23: So now we're gonna like we're not presenting something that comes with the cautionary tale, and now this dude gets no grace.
Speaker 3: I felt like that was incredibly unfair.
Speaker 2: He was the example. Though he was the example. He wasn't a big player where it would hurt. He was the example.
Speaker 23: I feel you envy, but you really gonna roll us out with the caution tape and then I have.
Speaker 1: No grace because they wouldn't do that to Enview's point, but they wouldn't do a figure star, Yeah, absolutely nothing.
Speaker 23: Then you have zero grace, Like if this is if this actually could turn into a problem. We're just gonna skip the part that you might have a problem, and you just got to be the example. I thought that that was heavy handed an unfair. I do get it though, but like I thought it was heavy handed affair in general. It's also changing the dynamics was in these players and fans in such a crazy way.
Speaker 2: I hate it because now you've got fans and they're talking about more fans, one more fans.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: One more rebaild. I gotta get my pall lad. It's like, what come on?
Speaker 23: Like I love my cousin, it's clueless about sports, sending me probably talking about some grumb trap with a little dogs.
Speaker 1: I'm like, get I cannot.
Speaker 23: I cannot like and I get it like engaging more money for the league, all that good stuff, But I really think we are entering very murky space, particularly college space.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like, I'm not a fan.
Speaker 1: Is it true that you got engaged in not your fance's phone in the water.
Speaker 23: Yes, that is true. He was recording No no, no, I didn k not get in the water. We were in Grenada. We some of our best pictures have come on, like self timer, and he timed it and got on one knee on the self timer. Then the wave came and knocked the phone over. So before I can say yes, I was like your phone and he's like is that yes? I'm like, yeah, but your phone, Like we need that. It was a really fun, great moment, good story. Like you didn't look at that as a sign, like, oh my god, I did not look at that as a sign. I was like very shocked in the moment. No, no chance that that I was a sign. If anything, the phone was able to recover. Thus the sign is that we will navigate adversity together.
Speaker 3: Oooh okay, I like turning out.
Speaker 1: I like that is a tough balancing a career and a relationship because they like to tell women you can't have it all.
Speaker 3: My fiance is amazing and we're both in sports, so he gets it. We get it. Is it tough?
Speaker 23: Yeah, anything worth happening is tough. Is it top maintaining your relationships to y'all?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 23: In your career and so I think it's funny, y'all. I hear my mom and my aunts and my grandmother is more in the last year than I think I ever have. It just that one line, keep on living, right, I know, y'all you know what I'm saying. I know we all heard that, right, keep on living. And I think the closer I get to both my dreams professionally and personally.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, this is what they're talking about.
Speaker 23: It's beautiful and I'm excited, But there is a level of energy and maintenance required so that these things are healthy that you can't skirt, you know what I mean. And so yes, it's tough, but I'm absolutely enjoying it and I'm so thankful to have a partner that gets it. We you know, really starting to have the conversations about family planning and what that looks like because we're all over the place with our jobs and so those are not always comfortable conversations.
Speaker 3: But the beauty of it is.
Speaker 23: And one of the reasons that I felt for him was like I realized very early, like this is the type of teammate and partner that I want to do life with. It ain't Alwa's gonna be easy, but I want to figure it out with you. Now I don't I don't know how tall your is how tall is you?
Speaker 3: He's six?
Speaker 6: For he's six, would you have a.
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 3: No, he got an NBA player name, but no, he's not in Big Player NBA Players Association.
Speaker 23: He works in place. He's not an ex, he's not a player. He is my high I know where you're going with this.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: But the reason I say that is Charlemagne always says that, you know, women told women should date short man and always say he's too short.
Speaker 6: He always feels a way because he says short.
Speaker 3: He's just making this.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get it straight up.
Speaker 12: Do you want to ask.
Speaker 3: You're making?
Speaker 2: Would you would you have a date a guy as small as Charlamagne Because a lot of times tall women don't date that much shorter.
Speaker 3: So I think, Charlamaine, you're a little short for me. But I have opened my mind. Too short.
Speaker 23: And my fiance knows this, Like there was a time in my life and I can remember me and my best friend like we was hoop girls. It's like girl six threes the minimum like maybe six seven would be amazing, like whatever, whatever.
Speaker 3: My fiance is six foot like and for me, I had to win five two no, probably not.
Speaker 23: I had to get to a very real place where it was like what matters? And my therapist she gave me this project. She's like your ABC list. I've applied this to relationships, work, friendships, the whole bit, like what what have you had in the past, what do you fall for?
Speaker 3: And what are the actual non negotiables?
Speaker 23: And my fiance checked all the non negotiables and I was like, all right, bet, Like height is not as big a deal as I thought it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not about to argue with you about missing your blessings because you haven't missed any you got at Wait, yes, I got it.
Speaker 23: Nothing great things coming small packages. I will give you that for sure. Yes, But I just think that is a very personal decision. Like I have had friends that are like, girl, I.
Speaker 1: Just couldn't do it. I just couldn't do it. It's true. My sister is three and all the time you might have.
Speaker 2: Blocked your blessing because she was like when I wear heels, my tower over and I she didn't want to date anybody, you know.
Speaker 1: Charl Dating a short man is a very personal it is bro I have.
Speaker 3: Heels that I'm taller than my fiance and and he's fine with it.
Speaker 23: And I found that to be something that I loved as we continue to get to know one another and got deeper in our relationship because I've dated taller dudes. I still wasn't as tall as you, but dated and like how tall I wasn't heels right, and so like what I'm supposed to do, I want to feel good too, and so like he's like, if you feel good, I'm good, let's go, let's grow. And that's important and so that matters. But I have heard women equate the height thing to feeling protected, which I.
Speaker 19: Get.
Speaker 1: I don't fight, I get it. I do get it.
Speaker 23: But I'm alost like society are we in where you gotta like drop your back, like what's going on?
Speaker 1: Tell us about your nonprofit?
Speaker 3: Grow again?
Speaker 23: Okay, so that's actually my homegirl. Chene joy At Jones shout out to her true New Yorker. She's a Hooper referee. She runs the organization Grow Our Game, which is basically keeping girls in sport from the age I think her baby. Her youngest babies are four all the way up to thirteen, and they have the activations all through the city. They work out a lot in Harlem, but the parents are in Sney's energy is undeniable. She's effervescent, the kind of girl that got the zest for life and is just using sports as a vehicle to help these young women grow and develop.
Speaker 3: In their confidence.
Speaker 23: At the end of every practice, they usually wrap it up with affirmations, you are kind, you are smart, you are beautiful, and you could do anything. And I think it's about using sport as a vehicle. And I know I'm a product of the power of sports for women. But at the same time, she has helped some young women go on to play D one college ball, and I think that is beautiful. And so the things that sport gave me, y'all, in terms of confidence, friendship, the ability to communicate, all of those are foundational to life, whether you go on and play at a high level or not. And so it's been such a blessing to be able to help put but grow our game on and and partner with them in that work.
Speaker 1: The girl's got a ton of injergy and some hoopers in there.
Speaker 23: The parents are about it and like, like I said, my to she's always on energy, bunny like and I just.
Speaker 1: Love her passion for life.
Speaker 3: How do we support that?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 23: You can follow on Instagram, Grow our game. The logo is GOG and it's a black and white logo.
Speaker 3: Make sure you got the right one. Definitely top in there.
Speaker 23: I'm sure there's links there to donate and get involved, and I'm always kind of trying to shout them out, so it's super dope.
Speaker 1: All right, Well it's Monica m nutt.
Speaker 3: How did it follow you socials? Is mcknut Monica? Same on everything?
Speaker 1: Oh right, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody at cj n V Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Good morning, good morning. Salute to Monica McNutt for joining us.
Speaker 1: Fleut to Monica McNutt. Man appreciate Monica mcnut check her out on ESPN. And I'm gonna be home tonight in Charleston, South Carolina. I'm gonna be at the Music Farm at seven pm UH with with the good sister Tessuspencer as well as doctor Tanya Matthews from the International African American Museum in Charleston, South Carolina, talking about my new book, Get Honest or Die Line Why small Talk Sucks. Yes, So I'll be home tonight in the eight four three at seven pm. Okay, yes, yes, yes, you can go to why small talk Sucks dot com uh for more, for more information, get what to get tickets. And when I say ticket, all you doing is buying the book. The book is a will get you in the venue. Okay, yeah, so set the blue bicycle books as well.
Speaker 6: Well, let's get suggest with it.
Speaker 13: Pregnant, big pregnant.
Speaker 1: Use real weapons, car robber Moore. Just don't do no lines, don't do no talk world why jes worldwise on the Breakfast Club, She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 19: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to see.
Speaker 1: That's time to set it off.
Speaker 7: Rolling Stone released and expose on Diddy. A new Rolling Stone article alleged that Diddy's abuse started when he was in college, that he was jealous of beginning to Pakshakors relationship, and much more. The article is based on a six month investigation. It is reported that Rolling Stone reached out to more than three hundred people to participate. Only fifty former friends, acquaintances, employees, and bad boy artists, as well as industry insiders, agreed to assist in the investigation. Most of them participated off the record out of fear of retaliation. The article said, those who did speak on combs describe a complicated man with opposing personas.
Speaker 1: Outwardly, they see a taste maker who.
Speaker 7: Is unapologetically driven, generous, and jovial, even silly at times. He can be the same privately, but associates who got close enough to him discovered something darker behind the facade, a menacing figure who was desperately who desperately wants to be accepted and admired, who uses public declarations of devotion, splashy donations and votes that he has brother loved to hide an undercurrent of alleged abuse and violence.
Speaker 1: The article also recalled.
Speaker 7: An interview with Jet that did he did back in the day, bringing up the fact that his name is Puff, with stems from his temper as a child. He earned his nickname as a kid because he would always huff and puff when he got mad. He said, I had Yeah, he said, I had a temper. That's why my friends started calling me Puffy. Some stories came from women who filed lawsuits against Diddy. An unnamed person who reportedly attended Howard University with Diddy. I didn't know he went to Howard University, spoke on him beating his girlfriend on campus. They said, dormmates will yell in the halls. Puff is out here acting crazy. He's beating her, signaling everyone to try to help the young girl.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Puffy didn't. He didn't graduate, but I think he went there for two years.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I didn't know he attended. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Nineties hip hop photographer Monique Bunn, who was close with Biggie and other bad Boy artists, claimed that Diddy didn't like Biggie's relationship with Tupac because Park didn't have any respect for him.
Speaker 1: He thought he was corny.
Speaker 7: The most interesting part of the article to me is a clip from the Breakfast Club interview that they had referenced. They brought up did He's interview with you guys in twenty fifteen when he spoke on his twenty five seventy five relationship rule.
Speaker 4: I'm in a relationship with you, like twenty five percent of your time, You're gonna just like feel like, ah man, I hate being here, oh man, I hate this guy is oh man, oh Man. He cheated on me and he lied on me. Ah that's twenty five percent, you know what I'm saying. But then there's seventy five percent of I'm gonna make you the happiest woman in the whole wilde world. I'm gonna be there to support your dreams. I'm gonna be there to hold you, listen to you. I'm gonna be there to be your best friend, and I promise you'll smile the most.
Speaker 3: You know who I am. This is what it is.
Speaker 1: Twenty five percent, seventy five percent.
Speaker 13: Which deal would you choose?
Speaker 1: That's a strong twenty five percent.
Speaker 6: He changed that, though he later I don't know if you remember sheelon man.
Speaker 1: He later went online and.
Speaker 2: Apologized because the backlash that he got from that. I think I think that's the time he was dating. I think he was with Cassie at that time, and he came back and was like, can know what I was wrong for saying it. He definitely came back on the.
Speaker 7: S just changed percentages or did he just say no to get you said okay, all right, all right. As part of the investigation, Rolling Stone sent Diddy a list of questions, but his team responded saying that he can't stop.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you can't stop.
Speaker 7: Stop what he cannot and will not respond to everything he cannot will not. Yeah, he cannot and will not respond to every story picked up by the press. The article is extremely long and has so much information y'all. It recaps all the things that we've already heard about Diddy over the years. If you want a full summary of Diddy's allegations from college all the way up. So now go check out the investigation for yourself.
Speaker 1: First of all, run just liarrus those three days did her well?
Speaker 2: I don't know, if a stone, I don't know, Well, it's actually four days Saturday, Senday Monday to its amazing reading.
Speaker 3: I'm won't be hit him off, but also so much to learn from that situation. I read that man did I did?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I just you know, I don't want anything that's not a god.
Speaker 1: You know. I got a good friend named Marbatt Brittles. She always says, talent will take you, a character can't sustain you. So the money to influence, the power, none of that means anything if you don't have good character, Because if you don't have good character, all those things you have are only for self serving purposes.
Speaker 3: Like you truly got to have your ego and check.
Speaker 1: You truly got to do the internal works or whatever pain you have, you don't project on the others because it's pointless to be what you know Diddy was to the public would be something completely different behind the scenes. Allegedly still got to say allegedly for some of this stuff. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: The thing about that is, yeah, you know, some of those people are probably absolutely positively true when they're talking about Diddy. But when they bring stuff back from thirty years ago and they're saying this is what happened, and it's just somebody's account, right, we don't know what's true and what's not true.
Speaker 6: That's the sad part about it.
Speaker 2: We've seen a lot of this unfold with of course with the Caste video, and we've seen a lot of it and fold with people that say something to Diddy. But sometimes like that, it's just I wonder who's in it just to get their name out in the playlet, and who's in there.
Speaker 6: Because they're absolutely positively telling the truth.
Speaker 2: Man, a lot of this If you knew somebody was beating somebody in the dorm room, why wouldn't you say that something back then?
Speaker 1: So some of this stuff is like all right, you're doing. Maybe maybe someone could be true, maybe they did say something, But I mean back then he wasn't nobody. He was little Huffy Puffy. He was you know what I'm saying. So that is just what the puffy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he said he was always his friends was like, oh God, little Heffy can call you Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: I've seen enough to know that. Uh, that's that's not what anybody should want, you know what I'm saying. Like, like Marvell said, your talent will take you with your character can sustained.
Speaker 6: And that's why I always tell parents out that you make sure these these kids that are looking up to these individuals that they see out there, celebrities, sports athletes entertaining as heroes.
Speaker 3: I disagree with that.
Speaker 2: You could look at them, you can look at their business and say I like them as an artist who we are looking at a lot of people want to be them. Like when I was talking to him, young Gana wanted to be Puffy. You come here, Brandon, come here, this man trying to play you. What did you want to be?
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 1: I want to try to change the story. You want to ask.
Speaker 10: For what?
Speaker 3: For what reason? Exactly?
Speaker 1: When I was suppose he said, I wanted to be everything like Diddy mogul envy lifestyle professionally but.
Speaker 8: African they't know, No.
Speaker 6: But he liked the way did he moved out there in the clubs? He liked the way did he was with the chicks?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 9: Roup?
Speaker 1: Did you wanted to be like DJ Clube?
Speaker 5: You did?
Speaker 21: You?
Speaker 1: Did you put on knee pads and a mouth guard and head gear to go play basketball? Dejactly knee pads the DJ? No, he didn't wait pas what to play basketball? Simply saying is we know what people mean when they say they want to be like somebody when those commercials say I want to be like Mike.
Speaker 3: I wanted to play basketball like Mike. I wanted to have the career he had.
Speaker 10: You know that?
Speaker 6: So wanted to be in the club and have chicks like Diddy.
Speaker 3: Is to say it's as part of the lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Ain't knowing what he was doing? Yeah, damn, don't let him? Do you like that? Definitely he wanted to be the.
Speaker 2: Want to grow up to beat his artists. They wanted to do rap. Okay, all right, God shout the cool. He didn't wear an knee capster dogs alive when I used to work out right over there.
Speaker 3: What's out?
Speaker 1: How Clue was in there dressed like he was a white man that ain't never played basketball live, and it's like around black people just dressing all the basketball. Get ahead, pads mouth, pads mount god headband crazy just to give two points in a Damn.
Speaker 6: Who you giving your donkey too?
Speaker 19: Man?
Speaker 1: For after the hour?
Speaker 3: We need poll friends, welcome to the congregation. We'd like to have a world with him.
Speaker 6: All right, well we'll get to it. Nexus the breakfast club, go morning, wake up.
Speaker 13: If you're like into the breakfast club. Damn he hog, it's time the.
Speaker 3: Donkey, I mean trying to beat donkey today no more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making it.
Speaker 8: You do called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard. Damn Solomon, who got the donkey out.
Speaker 1: Of the day to day? Well, just hilarious donkey today for Wenday, May twenty ninth, calls to Pope Francis, Yes, eighty seven year old Pope Francis, who has apologized for using an anti gayesler during a meeting with bishops. The eighty seven year old reportedly made the homophobic remark in a closed door meeting last week, as he told Italian bishops that gay men shouldn't be allowed to train for the priesthood. Let's go to NBC News for the report Police Cope Francis.
Speaker 24: This week meeting his public He is the focal point of global Christianity, a leader for so many that now embrailed in yet another Vatican scandal. It's reported that during a private meeting with bishops a week ago, he used a highly offensive term to describe members of the LGBT plus community. The Pope is said to have referred to the word frotigeny, which roughly translates as getting. Today came an apology from the Vatican. In the church, there is room for everyone, it said. The Pope never intended to offend or express himself in homophobic terms, and he apologizes to those who felt offended by the use of a term reported by others.
Speaker 1: What Now that was an NBC News del Sky News apologies. The word he used I can't pronounce and that's probably for the best. Did we isolate it?
Speaker 3: Eddie read? We didn't isolate it.
Speaker 1: I can't pronounce it, but just though it sounds like an espresso blended beverage you could order at Starbucks. Okay, extra whoop cream. Of course, don't be stingy with the caramel drizzle either. This is why words are so tricky, man, because the word literally means a bundle of sticks and was used in the nineteenth century to describe older women who gathered firewood, but has since taking on a negative connotation to describe gay men.
Speaker 3: How did the word evolve in that way? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is it because you can drop to st and replace with a D? Makes sense to me? Say it with me envy undula sticks, bundla ranks? Yeah, no, nope, and older women who gather firewood? Okay, that's what it also means. How do we know firewood isn't slang for good? Penis right? Ain't got that fire. I'm just trying to figure out how words evolved the way they do. And this word Pope Francis uses now an offensive now, which translates into an English word, English word that I cannot say on the radio.
Speaker 3: Now listen.
Speaker 1: The Vatican roaded in two thousand and five that the Church cannot allow the ordination of men who are actively gay or have deep seated homosexual tendencies. Damn it, envy, we can't be bishops deeply seated homosexual tendencies. I don't even know what that means, but I feel like that might apply to us. Okay, what is the difference between being actively gay and having deep seated homosexual tendencies?
Speaker 3: They sound like de side to the same cheeks to me.
Speaker 1: I guess when you actively gain somebody is deep in your seat as opposed that having deep seated homosexual tendencies. But you know what's interesting, I was actually talking about this yesterday with some of the homies, and I was saying how religious people don't feel like they're being homophobic because it's under the guise of religion. They look at homosexuality as being an abomination. So the religious folks saying homosexuality is wrong, isn't homophobic? Are keeping you know, gay people out of things? Isn't homophobics? It's a religious belief. Well, all that goes out the window when you use a gay slur behind closed doors. Okay, Now, they said in recent years, the pope is offered a more welcome approach to LGBTQ plus Catholic saying, who am I to judge when it comes to gay priests. And it's also offered the possibility that priests could offer informal blessings for same sex couples. And I guess some people for the pope said that the pope who speaks Italian is the second language, you may not have been aware of how offensive his language was, adding that the remark was greeted with after by the bishops. Just because something is funny doesn't mean it's right or appropriate. It just means it's funny, Okay, haha, funny, not bundles of sticks funny.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, Pope, you can't use the excuse that you.
Speaker 3: Didn't know it was a slur.
Speaker 1: You were the Pope, and even though you were a human, you have a better understanding of what's right and wrong than most individuals, or at least you should. You should know everything that's not right to do simply because you're the pope. So because you are the Pope, you will be held to a highest standard than most. But he's also eighty seven. At eighty seven, I don't think he really gives a damn. I mean, the Vatican is apologizing for the Pope's remarks. But the Pope is probably like anyone who's upset at me calling gay people a bundle of sticks, they too are a bundle of sticks. Please give Pope Francis to sweet sounds of the Hamiltons. Oh no, you are the doge of the day, the dogee of the day. Now you know your uncle Shaul is not the highest grade weed in the dispensary. So I need some of y'all to help me out. I just need to know what is the difference between being actively gay and having deep seated homosexual tendencies. I just need to know the difference, Trafs, somebody helped me out here.
Speaker 3: Just look in the mirror.
Speaker 1: Shut up, but I just see it homosexual tendencies.
Speaker 6: I sound gay and being gay.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I do have a question though. If this would have been an actor, an actress, a rapper.
Speaker 2: Or anybody out there with a regular job, a high end job, if they said that word, they.
Speaker 1: Would be canceled.
Speaker 3: What you're gonna do?
Speaker 2: Cancel the Pope or they would be fired Pope unless you're Donald Trump, and Donald Trump it just doesn't apply to him, but anybody else, what do.
Speaker 3: You want to happen to the pope.
Speaker 1: I'm just asking.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what can happen to.
Speaker 1: That, That's what I'm asking, What can happen because you can't cancel the pope? Right, I'm gon.
Speaker 3: You want to cancer but using a word.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm just asking. And he clearly didn't care because he didn't even apologize.
Speaker 3: No apologize, y'all y'all worried about the wrong things. Though.
Speaker 1: What is deep about homosexual tendencies?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 1: It doesn't sounds google. It sounds very deep, like deeply rooted.
Speaker 6: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Like like you, I don't know, Maybe something happened, like the.
Speaker 6: Way Charlamane looks at me sometimes, the way he acts.
Speaker 25: Like he's.
Speaker 8: Like trauma, younger trauma, deeply rooted.
Speaker 3: Certain there's nothing you can't google.
Speaker 1: People with deep seated homosexual tendencies may identify as gay men and often believe they were born that way and that homosexuality is a normal variation in human that's just gay. It may also be comfortable with their sexual attractions and not view homosexuality as a disordered inclination. They may reject scientific findings that there's no genetical biological basis.
Speaker 3: I don't it just makes no sense to me.
Speaker 7: Okay, so they're making it very scientific on this. Yeah, just come on, okay, you're day stop it all right, all right, well thank you for that donkey today, sir. All right now, when we come back, let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. This comes from Jack Wueese R and B artist. He was with his fiance, which is what I can't remember her name, Deon Sander's daughter, DeAndre Sanders, DeAndre DeAndre Sanders, and they were talking about picking the child's last name.
Speaker 18: He's a boy.
Speaker 26: I'm not agreeing to that. I'm sorry. It technically can't be a junior technically technically, but Sandras Brown.
Speaker 12: Nicks is not a junior.
Speaker 13: I know what technically it can be, but that's.
Speaker 26: Not gonna happen because I'm not married. So my last name is going as well.
Speaker 1: So that is the question. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. What your thoughts?
Speaker 2: All right, you're having a child with an individual you're not married. Women, do you want to keep the child? You want to make sure that the child's last name matches your last name, because you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Don't pick up hens too well you know, you don't get clues too.
Speaker 1: Well at all.
Speaker 2: Clearly, clearly it can't be. But she's also telling him let's be married. Yeah, so that is the question. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Ladies, if you have a child with an individual, do you want to keep the last name until you guys are married?
Speaker 1: That is the question.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, ladies. Make that man go get a ring if that's what you want. If you want to marry that man, we'll discuss when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. It's topic time.
Speaker 27: Eight hundred five five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Warning everybody, it's stej Envy.
Speaker 2: Just hilarious, charlamage the guy. We are the breakfas this club. If you're just joining us. We're talking about Jacquis and his fiance. What's your name an DeAndrea Sander DeAndrea Sanders, all right, And they were talking about taking the child's last name.
Speaker 6: And this is what Jack queeson our discussion was like, he's a boy's name.
Speaker 8: Is I'm not agreeing to that.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 26: It technically can't be a junior technical technically, but Sanders Brown Nicks.
Speaker 12: Is not a junior.
Speaker 13: I know what technically is gonna be brother.
Speaker 26: But that's not gonna happen because I'm not married.
Speaker 1: So my last name is.
Speaker 13: Going as well.
Speaker 18: We having a little boy man, you know what I'm saying, little way, No, not a little junior.
Speaker 2: So we're asking eight hundred five five one O five one, what are your thoughts about picking your child's last.
Speaker 1: Name when you're not married.
Speaker 6: Let's start with you. You're about to have a baby that it seems like tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yes, it seems like tomorrow.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I feel her and I feel him too. This is his first child, and of course he wants a junior. Every every guy, well almost every guy hopes for the boyd their first boy to be Virginia. Jerome wanted ask to be Rginir but no, it just wasn't happening. But you know, I understand her part too, because she wants to be married. And then also I know we always talk about the man like, okay, we want they want the legacy to live on, they want their name to live on.
Speaker 1: What about ours?
Speaker 7: So I think a great compromise would be if the baby both of your last names.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna say broad next.
Speaker 7: I'm not really too hype about, but that's his last name, you know, so broad Neck Sanders. I just really think that if they can't come to her and he know he's not gonna marry her, go ahead and just.
Speaker 8: Had both last names so the baby can carry on both.
Speaker 1: Of your legacy.
Speaker 2: Things have changed a lot. I me and my wife never had that conversation. It was we had kids, it's my last name. It It made me really think about it until my daughter. Talking to my daughter. My daughter was like, no, I like my last name. I want my last name in whatever it is. And I'm like, fine, But I never thought about it. I don't think back then, I don't think I was open minded enough to do that. It was just not to take my last name because that was quote unquote tradition.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now I think things have changed.
Speaker 2: But but now Charlamagne also said, you know, yeah, you know, you don't get the clues, but what happened. If he's not ready to get married, and you don't want to force him to get married because of this kid and make it because of a reason. If he's not ready, you got to give him time, just like you would have to give her time to be ready. He might not be ready to be married at this time.
Speaker 7: That's what I said as well, you know that's what I said. That's why I said it's both. It's good to have both.
Speaker 1: For the last names. Yeah whatever, folks wanted their prerogative, you know, but the fact she said, uh no, because she's not married, let me know she wants to be married.
Speaker 3: Soques, you know you want to send that.
Speaker 8: Name is Rodriguez jack que Broad next.
Speaker 1: Rodriguez jacq queis Malcolm X. If you want the son to have your name, going down to the jeweler and get that ring and do what you need to do because having it out is great, having a family is better.
Speaker 6: But why but if he's not ready for that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well she might not be ready to have a baby. But guess what he ain't thinking that an't think of that when he was sweating.
Speaker 1: On top of right giving that firewood. That's right exactly.
Speaker 3: So so yo, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the baby, if the man is a good man, I think the baby should have the fault.
Speaker 1: And I think if she want to get married, she should be able to want to get married, and I think that he should take your that down to the jeweler and get that ring and do what he needed to do.
Speaker 15: Kelsey, I feel like it depends on the character of the man.
Speaker 25: I am kind of newly out of a ten year relationship and we had a son almost three years ago, and I have reservations about naming him the third but I eventually went with it because he's a great dad, Like he's a better dad than he is anything.
Speaker 15: He's a great person.
Speaker 25: But I feel like overall, like his parents have a father is never gonna tage how he raises my child and the example he's gonna set. So I don't have any regrets. But I also feel like you have to know who you're having your child.
Speaker 14: With, and maybe he just does not feel like he's all.
Speaker 25: That he should be as a man, you know, Like that's because me and my baby daddy didn't work out. It doesn't mean that he won't ever be a great father to my child and a great provider for.
Speaker 15: The both of us.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Mama.
Speaker 6: We have Shanika on the line. Shanika Yes what racial?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 6: Do you spell your name s h A N E k K A Yes, okay, you.
Speaker 3: Have trouble getting an A P A R T M E N T.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, how you feeling about this whole topic.
Speaker 15: I feel like she's right. If if I would have known what I know now, it's much easier just to have this child name you c y'all are not married.
Speaker 6: But that's still a dad's child though, right if he's a good if he's a fall.
Speaker 15: The good father. When my mom is with their child all the time, they have to do that was a PO schools registration. It is so much easier if has.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's just the way I think.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Man with two k's all right, if you want, like like I said, having a baby is great, having a family is better. You know, clearly she wants to get married. She said it to him, She said, hey, you know we not married.
Speaker 3: That right there.
Speaker 1: The light bulb will go off in my head, like, oh shoot, let me go on down here in this ring.
Speaker 6: But but you can't force anybody to get married.
Speaker 2: You don't know if that if they are ready for a relationship, you know, you don't know if he's ready for a relationships.
Speaker 6: He has to work through to get to that point.
Speaker 3: Might not have been ready to have kids.
Speaker 7: Or yeah, that that too, or the fact that he wanted to get married. He may not want to get married. Who says he wants to get married, not even that he ain't ready. Maybe he don't want to that's true too, So you know, I just really feel like, ain't nothing wrong with broad next standards, Like I honestly feel like if I knowing what I've known today, Ash would have been a more.
Speaker 1: Or James, you know what I'm saying, Like not just James.
Speaker 7: You know, I don't regret anything I did, but I would have, you know, taken a time to be like dang. I want both of our names to live, you know, because I knew I wasn't gonna marry Rome. Rome knew he wanted to marry me. We were just we thought we was in love at the time, you know. But more James would have went better.
Speaker 1: He don't even salkar. I want Dad too though, because I mean I got all daughters, so I want, you know, I want my name to still be if they choose to get right, I want to hyphen it too.
Speaker 6: But you got brothers though, as well, so your name will live on right.
Speaker 3: Help my brothers.
Speaker 6: Name want his last name to live on.
Speaker 1: Not through his brothers.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling so sorry for Hampton whenever you said.
Speaker 2: You because you said because you want your last name to live on, because you don't want your last name to stop.
Speaker 1: But you got siblings, Like, I'm an only child, So what is you talking about? I want my name to live on with my kids. Man, Yeah, because his brother's gotta die, is the it's or.
Speaker 6: Not you wanted to hold your last name, like you want your last name to live on.
Speaker 1: His seat, so they just keep on producing l don't want to keep the name.
Speaker 6: Because they want the last name to live on regardless.
Speaker 3: But whatever, And I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Speaker 2: None of us know what you're talking right, understands what I'm talking Do you understand less.
Speaker 1: Respect for that register?
Speaker 3: Be like, yeah, go ahead, don't your helmet back on it?
Speaker 1: Walking to the bus.
Speaker 3: Don't say walking to the bus y'all just go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, shout you know what, shout all the people that were at home. It's gotta listen, my god.
Speaker 6: Five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us, were asking what are your thoughts about picking your child's last name?
Speaker 6: When you're not married, let's discuss It's breakfast level morning.
Speaker 15: If you're all.
Speaker 27: Talking about it, you know we talking about it. It's topic called eight hundred five eight five one o five one. To join into the discussion with the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning, everybody, it's the j n V. Just hilarious.
Speaker 2: I mean the guy we are the Breakfast Club if you're just joining us. We're talking about Jack Queiste and his fiance Dissandra that I said, right, no, DeAndrea DeAndre. I know it's Dean DeAndrea. There you go, DeAndrea saying this.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And they were talking about their child's last name.
Speaker 6: This is what they said.
Speaker 13: He's a boy's name is.
Speaker 26: I'm not agreeing to that. I'm sorry it technically can't be a junior technical technically, but Sandras Brown.
Speaker 12: Nicks is not a junior.
Speaker 15: I know what technically cann be bro.
Speaker 26: But that's not gonna happen because I'm not married. So my last name is going as well.
Speaker 18: Boy, were having a little boy man, you know what I'm saying, little way, No, not a little junior.
Speaker 2: So we're taking your calls. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 6: What are your thoughts. Are you feeling, Lona, I'm good, I'm ready for work.
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 11: I am a mother. I have a nine year old by her father, so I see where he's coming from. Quint happened to something happened to him. He would like his names to pass down, which every follow want. But then I can also see her point because she wants to get married. But what if they're not really in love like that?
Speaker 8: Right, because you have a baby with somebody, don't don't mean you need to marry them.
Speaker 11: Correct exactly, because I've been with my daughter's father for twelve years and we have a nine year old, and he had recently passed away two years ago, so she's carrying his last name.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, Well, thank you Lima.
Speaker 16: Hello, who's this Victoria?
Speaker 6: Hey Victoria? Good morning?
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 16: Good morning?
Speaker 25: Good morning.
Speaker 16: My thoughts is I feel like I don't disagree with him, but she should have the right because, like she said, they're not married and technically, back in the day, that's why your kid is named after the last the name last name after the dad is because the whole family has the dad's last name because they married. I feel like and it's a real negative stigma about taking the mom's class name. You know, they'd be like, oh, your mother was a hole, she didn't know who to damn.
Speaker 1: I never heard that.
Speaker 3: I had never heard that man who said that.
Speaker 16: For that when I was just when I was going to school. People will get teased for having a mother's last thing, like, oh she didn't she.
Speaker 6: Didn't know who the dad was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't depend who the mama is though, right because because the hood know if your mama was a whole night.
Speaker 10: Jesus No, But I feel I feel her.
Speaker 16: I get where I get where he's coming from. But I feel like she shouldn't get so much flack because I've seen the guy's commented it was mad. But I mean, if it's important and you'll marry her, get the whole family your last.
Speaker 11: Name, and then it won't be no questions.
Speaker 3: I couldn't care her.
Speaker 12: Hey two, she.
Speaker 16: Said he's gonna have my last name too, so maybe she's gonna hyphenate it.
Speaker 1: I like the hyphen too, like that's what jes said, And I agree with that as well because I got all daughters, so I want I want to be hyphenated too.
Speaker 11: Definitely, yeah, so I just feel like it be easy on her.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 15: Oh, I just.
Speaker 1: Said books this morning. Thank you very much, so excited.
Speaker 16: You're very very welcome. But if you want to send me a science copy, I would love that as well. But I'm good, I'm getting it.
Speaker 3: Let's do that.
Speaker 1: Where you at anyway, where you live at I'm from.
Speaker 16: I'm living in the Poconos right now.
Speaker 15: I'm from Harlem.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay, yeah, center a copy of the I'll sign it for you.
Speaker 6: How is the Poconos?
Speaker 2: Did they ever build that train that they were supposed to build that that gets people from the Poconos to New York City real fast?
Speaker 1: Oh no, they did, damn all right, Well, thank you, mama.
Speaker 16: They're talking about it for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 15: I have a good day.
Speaker 6: Congratulations, and I'm gonna put your whole hold on.
Speaker 3: Okay, I had an aunt used to live in the Pokemon.
Speaker 6: Well that was the whole thing with the Poconos.
Speaker 2: For people that don't know, Pokons was about a forty five minute trip from New York or hour trip from New York.
Speaker 6: But the houses were very very cheap, and you can get acrius.
Speaker 2: But the whole they used to sell people like, Yo, we're gonna build this train system, like this billet train that's supposed to get you from the Poconos to New York real fast.
Speaker 1: And that was like twenty years ago. They still didn't build that train yet. That The first time I ever saw a bed was in the Poconos. I was at my aunt Dot's house, died out at our house in the Poconos. Where is that? Where is the pokeon?
Speaker 2: That's the first time you seen a bed? You ate bed before, that's the first time you seen the bed in the Pocono Yea, I thought you.
Speaker 1: And kill it long ago.
Speaker 8: I probably.
Speaker 3: We ain't never catch no badal. Caroline eighty K.
Speaker 1: I had bad shoulder in West Virginia. And when I saw that bed playing in the river in the Poconos, that was years ago, eons.
Speaker 8: When you go and this man squirrel, oh you have a wife, I'm like, first.
Speaker 1: Never deeply city, deeply seated homosexualency. You never know, all right, what's the.
Speaker 6: More this story?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Hyphenate if you if you know you're not gonna be married. There's nothing wrong with hyphenations, And there's nothing wrong with your baby having two names. To carry on two legacies, the mom.
Speaker 3: And the day like that.
Speaker 6: All right, well let's get straight to the messrs.
Speaker 2: Just Robin Moore just don't do no lines, don't don't.
Speaker 1: World why es worldwide? On the Breakfast Club, She's the coaches ship.
Speaker 19: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 1: Could get you to see this time to set it off.
Speaker 7: So you all look, I'm trying togure out what story I want to do first, because it's all just juicy, all right. Anyway, Nigga Menard speaks out after recent arrest in Amsterdam, so we know what she went through over the weekend and uh, she was on station here where she briefly discussed her experience following her recent.
Speaker 9: Arrest, not being able to get to Manchester. I don't know when was the last time I felt that much like that low, and not only not not only that, but just knowing that something is being done to you on purpose, simply because you are a confident other race, you know. Like I said, I'm not gonna get into it until you guys. The joy they took in it. Even while I was there, there was one lady there all the rest were men and she I could tell she had a heart, but the treatment was just disgusting and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. In fact, they put out a brother. When they put out that press release that I was released, I was still in the in the building they were doing maybe damage control.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Damn, you don't deserve that.
Speaker 7: No, no one deserves that, honestly. I mean unless you did a heavy crime like what. But when I was looking at the video, to be honest with you, you know they was selling her not to record. But I'm glad we do have phones because I ain't no telling like. It didn't even look like like a I mean, it was clean and everything, but I guess other countries is different things, different setups.
Speaker 8: But it looked like a cage, like a mobile cage. I'd country by yourself.
Speaker 3: Hell what, No.
Speaker 8: So I'm glad that she did record, and you know, she was filming and they kept telling her not to.
Speaker 7: But I'm glad that she did. But I'm glad that she is okay now and continue on her tour. Kate Middleton has turned a corner with cancer treatment. So we know Kate was missing from the scene earlier, I mean from the scene since her cancer diagnosis, but she finally been spotted out and this is the real Kate Middleton y'all, for the first time in a long time, we've actually got to see her. Sources close to the family also says that she's been doing better and tolerating the cancer treatment very well.
Speaker 1: So she's been doing good with that.
Speaker 7: And then she also returned to social media last week to share the work that she's been doing behind the scenes for Mental Health Awareness Week that she's been working on. But sources say that she's in no rush to return to work. So that's just a good update for you because I know you'll be wondering about her.
Speaker 1: Whatever. I'm sorry, No, it's okay. I tried to have enthusia, but I didn't want to.
Speaker 8: I was talking set of listeners, anybody because they want to know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Tupac Tupac cave. Don't nobody else can?
Speaker 1: You're a client, okay.
Speaker 7: Alfonso Riberio, also known as Carlton, shades Tyler Parry so a fano X share the post saying Tyler Party needs to revamp Alfonso Rivieriro's career.
Speaker 1: I just know he could.
Speaker 7: Alfonso responded saying, I don't need or want that man to do anything for me. So a lot of people were speculating, like, oh, then what happened, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Like, what's what's up? What happened? Right?
Speaker 7: So I went on this IMBB and it says that he has twelve directing credits on the former Tyler Parry show Meet the Browns. So they had to cross paths, like they obviously worked together and something may have happened that they encouraged him to say that, but that's just a little bit of too yall, And Tyler said, and I won't so I ain't say nothing, and I.
Speaker 8: Won't do that for your hey yo.
Speaker 1: No, so he said nothing yet. No, we don't know. We're gonna say all right.
Speaker 7: Sexy Red makes wrestling debut last night. Sexy Red made her wrestling debut on ww E n XT. When the episode thought that she was just a celebrity in the crowd, but to everyone's surprised, she ended up becoming a part of the storyline. She announced that she'll be the guest host for the upcoming Battleground Live event on June ninth and Vegas. She also unveiled the North American Title belt. While she was showcasing the belt, another wrestler came up. Tatum Paxley snuck up and tried to snatch it. Another wrestler hopped in a ring to protect the belt from Tatum Paxley, but Sexy and Tatum they didn't fight, but fans are hoping that this.
Speaker 8: Will lead up to a fight in the future episode.
Speaker 7: And this all comes from Sexy saying October and back in October that she wanted to be on ww East.
Speaker 1: So we're happy to see that she's able to do it, and we had we do have audio. I will be housing battlegrounds zoom.
Speaker 6: I want to see sexy wrestler moves. I to close one of them girls one time.
Speaker 1: Body need her to get her cardio up a little bit though, because just walk into that ring last night. She was breathing heavy once wastle you hear it. Just now.
Speaker 3: Get your cardio up just a little bit, Sexy.
Speaker 1: Wow. I don't know.
Speaker 7: She was doing a lot when she was pregnant, that that girl was working. She was doing a lot, so maybe she will. But I think that's good because she wanted to do it and she got to do it, so that is just for the mess. Oh wow, I got two more minutes. Okay, well Richbourd Connecticut. I will be there this week and Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the Stress Factory. Get your tickets at solariusofficial dot com. Or you can go to Stress Factory to get you Oh you can actually, yo. People actually go to the comedy clubs the by tickets. People still do that, actually go up to the I was like, okay, everything is not digital these days, but yep, the tickets are selling fast.
Speaker 8: And the next week I'll be in New York, in New York, New York.
Speaker 19: Ya.
Speaker 7: I saw that yeah at the winery. Okay, okay, yeah, so that's gonna be good. But yeah, for now, get your tickets for this weekend.
Speaker 18: Y'all?
Speaker 1: All right now, thank you Jess with the message.
Speaker 6: When we come back.
Speaker 2: Of course, we got the People's choice mixed. Get your request right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning. Everybody is DJ Envy, Jesse, Hilaris, Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Yes, now today, are you gonna beat Charlamage? I will be in South Carolina. I'll be home in the eight four to three. I'll be in Charleston at the Charleston Music Farm with Blue Bicycle Books at seven pm with the good Sister, doctor Tanya Matthews. She's the President and CEO of the International African American Museum and Tesla Spencer, og media veteran in Charleston, South Carolina. That's why I came up on the man, so saluted Doctor Tanya Matthews and Testa Spencer. I'll see y'all night at seven pm at the Music Farm. We'll be talking about my book Geting on Us to Die Line watch Small Talk Sucks. And tomorrow I will be in uh Atlanta. I'll be in Atlanta, Georgia tomorrow with Miss Basketball. Miss Basketball will be moderating an event at First Baptist Church of Decatur with Eagle Eye Bookshop at seven pm. So go to why Small Talk Sucks dot com to get your tickets for both those events.
Speaker 2: So I'll see you to night in Charleston and tomorrow in at al Shawdy. All right, when we come back, we got the positive notice to the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning, everybody, It's dj N Vjesselariy Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now, don't forget this weekend, Jess is gonna be out in Connecticut.
Speaker 7: Come on now, yes, Bridgeport, connect y'all get y'all tickets. We got I think six shows because two shows each day. So make sure y'all get y'all tickets for those at risoficial dot com. I will see you this weekend, Connecticut.
Speaker 3: I'll be Jes not the little one. That's right. Well, we have in New York two.
Speaker 1: Weeks after that the wine next weekend.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're at June eighth and ninth. Oh at the winery.
Speaker 6: The winery, yeah, knife, yes, or I will be there all right.
Speaker 1: Well, you got a positive note. Leave with some positive man. The positive notice simply this for all those people out there who be feeling drained by other people. Always know when you say yes to others, make sure you're not saying no to yourself.
Speaker 3: Have a blessed day.
Speaker 1: Breakfast club bitches, do y'all finished or y'all dumb