Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: So three things I want to cover today. One understanding and identifying mental health in our current space because I haven't been here for a while and a lot of stuff has gone on, So understanding and identifying mental health in our current space. Two remaining mindful that symptoms of mental illness aren't uniform, okay, and then three talking about mental health and why it's important. I mean, what's important, why mental health is imperative for earners. Okay, So let's start with the first one, and I guess after I finished, we could ask questions. So if you guys have any questions, when anything comes up, saved it, like write it down so that once we open the floor for questions, you'll let me know if it goes under a one, two or three. Okay. So basically understanding mental health in our current space. So here's here's the interactive part. Because I like interaction, I want everybody to raise your hand. If you lived through a pandemic before twenty twenty. I'm going to say it again, if you lived through a pandemic before twenty twenty, raise your hand. If your parents lived through a pandemic before twenty twenty, raise your hand. If your grandparents live through a pandemic before twenty twenty. So since none of us have ever had to live through this before, or our parents or our grandparents, it's imperative that we understand and embrace this reality as something completely unfamiliar to us, and seeking use all the resources available to all of them, every single last one of them. We need to be seeking help in any way, shape or form that's valid and help exploring things. Whether it's yoga, whether it's reggie, whether it's pilates, whether it's walking, whether it's running, whether it's journaling, whether it's crocheting, I don't care what it is. Everybody's got things that help them decompress, feel better, and relax and process, and that's what we should be doing. We have to do our best to navigate all the mental challenges and stresses that are coming because we have never had to deal with this before. I like to remind all my clients. They're like, could you believe that? And such did this? I can't believe this happened. Could you believe this? And I'm like, I absolutely can't believe it. But why is sonny? I said, because we are having normal responses to an abnormal living situation. I want to say that again. We are having normal responses to an abnormal living situation. None of us have ever lived through this before. We was fine. We was diddy popping through the streets in twenty two of me doing our thing. And if somebody said, hold up, forty phone selective, sat down. Wait what happened? It's closed? We closed you cloth, We all closed. Now we have to sit down. We can't move till. Many of us who were distracted, many of us who like to link and drink, many of us who like to party, many of us who like to shop, many of us like to go to the gym and exercise. We just had to sit still. Some of us had to sit still with people we didn't even want to sit still with. Some of us had to sit still and be a teacher and to our children. And we were never teachers. And even if we were, who said that we wanted to teach our kids? I know gazillion parents will be like, I'm off of work today and I'm dropping this kid off to school and I don't see anything wrong with it. So we've had all of these things happen abruptly with no planning, no warning, no preparation, and then on top of it, we had to start witnessing murders, police brutality, BLM. So now this is across the screen every day. Re exposure to trauma, re exposure to trauma, re exposed it to trauma. See before twenty twenty, we had a lot of exposure to trauma ever re exposure, but some of us showed up in the workplace acting like it didn't happen. I was gonna staff me like this, So y'all gonna act like Michael Brown didn't just get killed because you're just talking about enrollment. I'm SI here thinking Trayvon Martin, right, I'm thinking about all these people. But I'm like, oh, I think you should recommend that you open this class or there's under a rollment in this section. Now I don't nobody has to do that because now everybody's talking about so on the news. It's got all the stores put in yelling signs in the window. No, none of us lived with this before. So when people tell me, for the most part, that they're good, I usually am a little cautious about that because I don't accept as we go into this third year, that they haven't had any adjustment issues. I know people are thriving, which is great, but those are the people who have actively made a decision to transform how they lived so that they could adjust, so that they could thrive. And usually you can tell that they're doing that through their behaviors. But so many of us have had to adjust to unexpected losses, death loss, income laws, finance laws, housing laws, right, loss of security. All of this plays with our minds. Right, So when I say understand.
Speaker 3: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC erness What's Up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, their seats are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners Square, it's easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 4: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected. Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 2: Tending and identifying mental health in our current space, that is exactly what I need. Prior to twenty twenty, some of us couldn't really recall the first time we heard certain words like anxiety depression PTSD and really understood what it is what it was. Now you can say these words and many of us know exactly what it because now we have the language. But prior to twenty twenty, not everyone had the language. You know, some of us are not having and understanding the need to have self compassion for ourselves. A lot of us don't have self compassion and because sometimes our employers don't have compassion. We also don't have compassion for ourselves, and it's really important for us to recognize that we have to have compassion for ourselves and hold space for ourselves.
Speaker 5: I will say not to interject, but somethings a lot. I don't know if you want to talk or ask come on, you know. So yeah, I was gonna say a lot of times out here, ernest feel like fomo, you know. And I feel like sometimes when you say self compassion, that immediately came to my mind because people are like, oh, I feel like I'm behind, or I missed the class, or I'm even with the trading. Sometimes they feel a little lost. But you're where you are and you have to respect your journey, you know what I mean, and learn as you go. So I think like, have self compassion even when you're reaching your goals, when you're looking around at other people that said, oh I made this amount of the market or whatever. If you made fifty bucks today, that's great, or if you paypor trade it today, you checked off another goal on your list, that's great. And we all have our different like things were good at Like I just got off a call with an earner and she's into real estate and she's like, oh, my portfolio, I need to do this and that. I'm like, well, you're killing it in real estate. So sometimes it's okay to make your own lane or be comfortable where you are. I mean, obviously learn and grow and do different things, but be compassionate in you with yourself. You're great, and you're great at being you.
Speaker 2: I would say, exactly, and I think that's a perfect way to describe it. You're great at being you. Everyone's journey is different, and I say all the time, you can't pour from an empty cup. So if you try to take on something that you aren't fully prepared to, you don't have the capacity to do it, may not be as successful at it if you were to wait until you were fully able to execute with a good foundation. That's by step. I don't care what it is. Maybe you got through one module one training. Maybe you now by this day you understand how to do this right, and then that's it. But I think ultimately it's up to us to decide how we want to interpret that right. We couldn't we wouldn't be able to have a fear of missing out unless we actually put that thought in our head and allowed it to stay there. Right, So how do I know what I'm missing out unless I'm focusing on it. Wow, I'm not focusing on that. I don't know what you're supposed to do. All I know is I'm supposed to do this, this, this, and stay black and die, which is what my grandmother said. Right. I just added a few more things to the list, but ultimately that's what she's said. I'm not supposed to do anything but stay back and die. I'm supposed to do this, not look so, I'm like when it comes to fomo, you can't pour from an empty cup. I don't do things when I feel a certain way. I don't leave my house. If I feel a certain way, I will not drive. I'm not going behind the wheelside. I don't feel a certain way. Why would I put myself out respect? Why would I put other people at respect?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 2: Right? Sometimes the universe say sat out, sonny, Like I hear it, like you're trying to do something. Oh you're doing a mold skirl. You're trying to get outside. We outside, we outside? No, you're not. You're inside today, Man, have a seat, read a book. I remember I was so anxious to get to this party. One day. Oh, I gotta get off work. I get on four at eight o'clock. I'm gonna get dressed and then I'm gonna go and I'm gonna go to the party because it's after work on Wednesdays. Friend text me where you at, Sunny. I said, Oh, I'm on my way, about to get to my car. She said, don't leave your house, girl. I said, what happened? She said, Girl, they started shooting at the damn place.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: See, you were supposed to stay home, Sonny. You're supposed to finish your work. Go take your bath. You spare it with your bath, decompress, drink some water and sit down. You want to go outside, sit down. Sometimes it's okay, right, it's okay to not be in the mix. Right. You don't want to be mixy. Arnest can't be mixy. They don't go together, right because people who are earners value their time. People who are earnest understand that time means money. So we don't want to spend our time in a wasteful, whimsical way. We want to be more calculated about how we spend our time.
Speaker 4: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christine Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,