Speaker 1: The Elvis Durand phone tap and one of my favorite characters in the world of phone taps is Murray the Magnificent done by our own Dave Brody.
Speaker 2: Eric is phone tapping his boss Debbie. You see, Debbie is in charge of the company holiday party for the entire company. She's asked her assistant Eric to handle all the entertainment because he has lots of connections. So Eric thought it'd be a great idea to hire the Magnificent Murray since he's heard the Magnificent Murray on previous phone taps. Thanks for our friend, Brody. Brody's gonna call Debbie to go over the magic tricks he's performing at their company party as the world famous magician, the Magnificent Murray. Let's listen in to today's phone day.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 4: This is Debbie.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 3: Is this Wie Elina?
Speaker 1: Second?
Speaker 3: Yes, this is hi Debbie. My name is the Magnificent Murray. I'm a magician that Eric hired fair holiday party.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 3: Good, good listen, good news. The check cleared. I didn't bounce, so that's good.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: We're starting off on ape not We are Fortune five hundred.
Speaker 3: Companies, and so I have a bunch of tricks. I wanted to run by you. And this way you can pick which one is your favorites.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, so what have you got?
Speaker 3: The first trick we do is called magic mug.
Speaker 4: Okay, And I go.
Speaker 3: All right, now it's time for magic mug. And I waved my hand of this. It's about a forty eight ounce mug with a big handle, and I filled up with eggnog. You know, tis the season, uh huh okay, and I drink it down in about three seconds flat. What I do is I go right, and then I vomit all over the people in the front row. I spit eggnog all of everybody, okay, right, no? And then and then they have the ponchos.
Speaker 4: Right, really you do that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's great because it's eggnoged magic trick.
Speaker 4: Though well it's sterally.
Speaker 3: Vomit because it never really went down.
Speaker 4: But it's more like but noiling people's clothing.
Speaker 3: No, no, I give them the no, no, no, I said that would be stupid. I give them the ponchos.
Speaker 4: Okay, but what's to say, you're not gonna, you know, up chruck it on their face or their hair whatever. Really, don't like we don't need magic mug.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, well let me tell you about you log. It's it's very easy. So I go over and I grab some food and I say, I'm going to magically transform this food. Okay, So I take the food, I wave my magic wand I eat it. I wave the wand over my belly, and without removing my pants, I drop a big brown U log right on the stage.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's very funny at all.
Speaker 3: Listen, and then I sit on fire. I sit on fire. You didn't let me get to the part where I set on fire.
Speaker 4: Please please understand. This is a corporate party with the big wigs, from everybody from the mailroom to the big wigs. Okay, we want everybody to have a great.
Speaker 3: Do you want do you want to have a memorable party? Then then if you want a memorable party.
Speaker 4: Between memorable and distasteful.
Speaker 3: Okay, whatever, that's one point.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, don't know that we need to efend on the risk of offend.
Speaker 3: Tight Annie, listen to me.
Speaker 4: Excuse me. I have hired you for a job. It was clear what we were looking for, and I don't understand why.
Speaker 3: What you were looking for was entertainment.
Speaker 4: I don't understand. It's like you're purposely trying to jeopardize.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is not going to be fair.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have a good.
Speaker 3: I want you to call it. I go, ah, Hey, did magnificent Murray call you? How awesome is he? And just whatever she says just played off like, no, it sounds hilarious. Hello, hey, did you get hear from a magnificent Murray?
Speaker 4: That guy is not doing the party. I don't know where you found him. Do you know the kind of tricks that he wants to present at the party. He's gonna vomit on people? I mean, what what makes you think that's appropriate?
Speaker 3: If you like this? Crap on fire? Come on, like, that's great.
Speaker 4: You weren't to hire a magician and a DJ for a corporate party, not party. What are you thinking? That's gonna get me fired? That's gonna get your fired too? What is smacking? Man? We're just gonna have to go with the DJ. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 3: Pardon he is the DJ. He's he's a magician, he's a DJ.
Speaker 4: What do you mean he is a DJ? I told you to hire two people? What do you mean he's the DJ too.
Speaker 2: No, he's a DJ and a magist.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Oh my god. We've got no entertainment. That means what do you mean no entertainment because you cannot come to the party at all. We cannot run the risk that he's going to do something offensive. She hired a guy who's gonna on stead Debbie.
Speaker 3: Actually, this is Dave Rody Medals Strew in the Morning Show, and we're phone tapping you on the IDA. I mean, I can come there if you want, but it's you just got.
Speaker 2: Boomed up, Debbie.
Speaker 1: Elvis Durant a phone tapp