Speaker 1: All right, we got a new Second Date episode for you today. It's Brook and Jeffrey. This is the official podcast and oh yeah, tell us we need to apologize for yesterday's awkward audio. Oh yeah, so listen, there was a little switch on one of the mics. We are not engineers. Okay, it was flipped on. We didn't realize. Yep, we thought it sounded okay in our headphones. It's a long story about how the board works. You don't need to know that. But first we have some comments blame.
Speaker 2: Can we blame a random person?
Speaker 1: Let's blame Ashton?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, your guys's comments were really funny about it, though. We got sounds like everyone in the studio is in an empty closet.
Speaker 1: Are y'all in a wind tunnel?
Speaker 3: Did they cut the budget and force y'all to make this episode in a closet?
Speaker 1: All stream more?
Speaker 3: This sounds like you're in the shower recording the show. By the way, Jeff, don't let the soap fall down. Yeah, and then a few more sec I think you're all the bathroom together. I bet Jeff's happy about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, if you missed yesterday's awkward Tuesday you go back and listen the second part. We fixed it, Yes, it's just part Yeah, we'd never claimed to be perfect, so I believe this is somewhat error free. This new episode the second Dyeah.
Speaker 3: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning second date updates.
Speaker 5: If you're single, where is the number one hot place to meet people? I mean, sure you could meet someone doing the pretzel at a pilates class or eating a pretzel at a baseball game.
Speaker 1: I actually eat the pretzels at the plates class.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but what if you could go somewhere where you get the best value for a pretzel plus a date along with it?
Speaker 1: Is the pretzel the most important part.
Speaker 5: It is the crux of this entire segment because that place exists, and our listener Amy says it was the furthest thing from her mind that should end up meeting a guy there, But it happened. So Amy, we got to know where was this?
Speaker 4: We actually met at the Cosco food court.
Speaker 5: Eh oh yeah, yeah, he's got a million things, plus apparently some cute guys on the menu too. Tell us the story. What happened to Amy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I was hanging out in the food court because I was getting my tires done.
Speaker 4: At the tires apparently.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought you're just putting out the vibes, you know.
Speaker 6: I was just like on my phone watching reels on instad, kind of laughing to myself, and then this guy kind of like comes up behind me and he's like, oh, you look like you're having been over here.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, and he's sits across from me.
Speaker 1: And then you finally look up and realize he's cute and not annoyed.
Speaker 6: Well stay with me.
Speaker 7: Oh, I realized he's.
Speaker 4: Like ten fifteen years younger than me.
Speaker 1: Younger. Oh, you don't sound very old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he just got out of middle school and he came up to shoot a shot.
Speaker 4: Well it's not even the worst part.
Speaker 6: The worst part is that he was wearing a cape.
Speaker 5: Oh my cape is yeah, I am.
Speaker 1: Pure is this guy? Are we talking early twenties or are we talking literally teens?
Speaker 6: Yeah, very early twenties.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, so the cape is obviously a turn on. Keep going on.
Speaker 1: He's the Costco crusader.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had to ask turn about he's a LARPer.
Speaker 5: Okay, live action role play. So he had a plastic sword with him.
Speaker 1: I mean, if listeners don't know it's like where people dress up in like medieval stuff and then they sword fight in parks. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like that was pretty self explanatory.
Speaker 1: But some people don't know it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, so this LARPer sits down across from you and you are super turned on what happens next?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm trying to get rid of him because.
Speaker 4: Like I'm just trying to wait for my tired.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, So he he's like, do you want to go somewhere to eat?
Speaker 6: I'll pay, And I'm like no, I'm already had my hot dog.
Speaker 4: Like I'm just I'm good.
Speaker 1: Do the confidence on this guy, Yeah, Kate to do this. I love it.
Speaker 5: That is very bold of him to like not only just ask you out right there as soon as he met you, he wanted to like take you to a different place and eat somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Did he even take his cape off for it?
Speaker 6: Well, and then I noticed I think he was like kind of looking at his friends that were in the corner that.
Speaker 4: Also looked like marper people.
Speaker 2: There's just a group of elves in the aisle eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so maybe his friends put him up to this. Is that what you're thinking at that point?
Speaker 6: Maybe yeah, and then you know he leaves finally.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, why are you telling us about him if the date isn't with him?
Speaker 5: Or is this the guy?
Speaker 6: So I'm still in the food court and like fifteen twenty minutes later, this guy in a business suit sits diagonal to me.
Speaker 4: And then we start to talk. You know, it's just like normal small palk Costco talk.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I told him about the LARPer guy. He thought that was funny.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'm LARPing right now. This isn't nice suit.
Speaker 1: Business cosplay business LARPing.
Speaker 5: So now you're getting hit on. It sounds like a second time, like a different dude at the same Costco food quarter. Are you getting a better vibe from this guy?
Speaker 6: Yes, definitely getting a better vibe. Like there was like this old lady kind of at the table next to us, and she fills her coke, her diet coke, and then he like got up right away and like got a bunch of napkins.
Speaker 4: And like helped her clean it up.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 6: I just remember that was like really nice, right, that is nice.
Speaker 5: And he took his attention to from you to focus on a different woman. Some might say, but.
Speaker 1: You know, okay, you'd be jealous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a girl gets up from Jess date. Excuse me, I'm over here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think she can handle it herself.
Speaker 1: So did you actually connect with this guy on a romantic glove well in the Costco food court.
Speaker 6: So I get a text that my tires already.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, I should go, but it was really.
Speaker 6: Nice to meet you. And then he gives me his business card. He's like, I'd love to take you out some time, get to know you more.
Speaker 2: Business card say what do you do for a living?
Speaker 1: It's kind of weird, Like the business card.
Speaker 2: He's flexing, flexing.
Speaker 1: Not many people carrying him anymore.
Speaker 5: Does it just say businessman?
Speaker 1: Call me for business entrepreneur. I got a business card once from a guy that and then his business it said he was a love smuggler. Oh yeah, his name was Zultrand.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought you married.
Speaker 5: Weird watching, but this dude that you meant Costco sounds legit. Does he have a name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his name is Kai.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, it's better than Zultran for sure.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But he did always send me the longitude and the latitude of where he was going to be a Bernie man.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I want to hear about this more.
Speaker 5: I know the less I like it. What's happened since Costco with Kai? Have you been talking to him?
Speaker 6: Yes? So we texted a little bit like a few days after and then like the texting kind of stopped and that was like a week and a half ago.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's like so.
Speaker 6: Rare to meet someone in person, So I just want to know, like what's going on, Like, did he meet someone else?
Speaker 4: Was he like got into me?
Speaker 5: Well, apparently everybody's meeting everybody at this Costco food court, So is there a chance Kai went back there and found a new woman? Oh no, I mean at Costco, you get everything in bulk, So why not include dates in that they got four girlfriends?
Speaker 1: There's not that many single people at Costo.
Speaker 2: Like then, LARPer.
Speaker 1: Kid was definitely on his mom's membership, nothing wrong with you.
Speaker 2: Know, and he was in a group two.
Speaker 5: All right, Well let's find out when we come back. We'll call Kai the business man and find out what business he's been up to that's stopping him from going out on a date with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's your business exactly?
Speaker 5: We'll do it with your second date update right after this.
Speaker 4: Thank your hold.
Speaker 1: On Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date update.
Speaker 5: An interesting place to meet someone is at the Costco food court. That's what happened to our listener, Amy. She met not just one guy there, but two while waiting for her tires to be done. And the first dude, maybe he wasn't quite what she was hoping for. You get a cape on was hanging out with his Magic the gathering friends. And even though she didn't say this, I just got the feeling that he probably asked for a sip of her sprite.
Speaker 1: Well, he was tifteen years younger.
Speaker 3: You have a boy than a man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, games on your phone.
Speaker 5: You're not going to drink all of that?
Speaker 7: Are?
Speaker 5: Can I sip a second straw in there? But then a second dude walked over, a much better dude. N Kai businessman, a businessman in a business suit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all about that busy business walk.
Speaker 5: We did all the business talk to the promptly business ghosted her.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Amy, who doesn't meet a lot of guys that doesn't mean any guys online or a lot of normal guys out in the real world. Wants to know why?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean Amy, you haven't heard back from Kay. Have you been back to the Costco food court because I was kind of like a samplinge of single men for you at one point.
Speaker 4: I haven't done my weekly Costco trip yet, but I don't know.
Speaker 6: I want to know what's going on with Kai.
Speaker 1: Okay to go back to the well, you know you want what you can't have.
Speaker 2: Yes, is the perfect example. The nice guy wants to day. I'll take you to day right now. If you want to leave right now, I'll go. And then there's a guy that's.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, you're rooting for the LARPing kid. I am.
Speaker 2: Forgotten to call her back, and she's like.
Speaker 1: I need to know. I don't know that we want to date the twenty year old.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's gonna be faithful.
Speaker 5: I'm sure his mom will be back there to get a bunch of like chocolate covered pretzels for him when he's done. But first let's focus on Kay. We'll see if he's really like ghosting you on purpose or if something else is up. Well, Donal's number right now here we go.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hey is this Kai speaking?
Speaker 5: Hey Kai?
Speaker 1: Very business like response there, Kai.
Speaker 5: Good morning and condolences. What oh god? Kay, I'm sorry man, we're a radio show that's why it's so weird over here.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, trying.
Speaker 1: To get all up in your business.
Speaker 5: Take it from a nine down to it two guys?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hey, yeah, I think you guys might have a wrong number.
Speaker 8: No, no, sorry, sorry, we have the right guy, because you are somebody who met a listener of ours out recently, and it kind of falls underneath the umbrella of the segment that we do called the second date Update, I mean kind of loosely, yeah, because we know that there wasn't like an actual date that happened.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I haven't been on any dates something, right.
Speaker 5: But our listener Amy says that you two met at a Costco food court a little while back.
Speaker 1: Amy, Yeah, Amy, remember you sat across from her and she like had a pizza or something where you had a pizza and then you picked up a grandma's drink or.
Speaker 5: Broke when you let me handle the details.
Speaker 7: Drink.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some old lady nearby spilled her coke and you volunteered to go help her, and Amy thought that was really sweet.
Speaker 7: It was okay, I'm sorry, what the what is the planoff all of this?
Speaker 5: Well, she liked you, She felt that there was some sort of connection happening, and she thought since you gave your business card to her and you were talking afterwards, there would be another meetup. But that hasn't happened.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, we did share a couple of text I just don't think it's going to work out in the long run.
Speaker 1: To be honest, can I ask Ki at one point did you think did it would be nice to take Amy out on a date?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I mean that's why I gave her my card. I just you know, I quickly learned that it just wasn't going to work.
Speaker 5: Well, when you say you realize that something was off or it wasn't going to work, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 7: I get different priorities.
Speaker 1: How can you tell what her priorities are? Or just a couple of texts? Are we missing something.
Speaker 7: I don't want? I mean, this is gonna sound I just don't want to be like judged by you guys.
Speaker 1: It's OK, that's sweet you're worried about our opinions.
Speaker 7: Look, you know, if there's just certain things that you learn about a person and you just realize you're on a different path than them, and so one of those is I don't know if she mentioned I'm Actually I've got the executive Costco membership and she doesn't.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've heard about that tells.
Speaker 7: Me a lot about how you know, tells you what how she takes, you know, the seriousness of like her life and her future. M I'm going at Costco two three times a week for protein for bulking, and you know how much protein.
Speaker 1: Worried about your digestive system?
Speaker 7: A lot of meal prep. I do a lot of meal prep.
Speaker 5: They already sell everything in bulk.
Speaker 1: Wait are you being seriously? I mean, I just want to know what the normal membership says about someone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, says to me that they just don't prioritize their life.
Speaker 4: Okay, can I say something?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hi, Hello, you didn't opt for the higher level membership of this second date.
Speaker 5: That's Amy. She's been waiting on the other line waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Come on, Sorry, how I I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I just I just want to.
Speaker 6: So the reason you don't want to go out is because I don't have the executive costal membership.
Speaker 4: Like that's the issue.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you say it so matter of factly. I think there's some things left unsaid that she needs to hear from you.
Speaker 7: Wow, right, you get in an hour earlier with the executive membership, So like, what you want me to get there at a normal time and wait online with the rest of the regular people. Oh my godhead, you get two percent cash back rewards with the executive membership, which pays for itself, it says to me, because it doesn't cost that much more money for the executive membership that you don't take your financial health seriously.
Speaker 5: Wo wow, he brings up some good points, Amy, do you have anything to say to that?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 6: You know, I really thought that I met a normal person at Costco, but clearly I didn't.
Speaker 5: You meant inn a executive member.
Speaker 7: He's not normal, Amy, I'm sorry. We're both literally and figurative at the different status levels, and I can't be the one to be teaching you how to get to the next step. For me, that's a deal breaker.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Crazy a little on the unusual side.
Speaker 5: It is crazy to not take advantage of all the benefits that executive members do you get.
Speaker 1: Like, even if this is the issue, Like, she's not going to stop you from having your membership, you can still go in early.
Speaker 7: So what so I'm going to go in, go early, come back with all my stuff, and she's not even gonna have been able to go yet, and so I'm going to feel good by that. I thought this all out. It's just it's not worth it.
Speaker 1: Why do you both have to go to Costco so much?
Speaker 5: Amy, You're holding him back from his Costco privileges and you can't afford to do that.
Speaker 4: Okay, you are just serious.
Speaker 2: I think there's something else and this is his excuse. This is pretty weird.
Speaker 1: I don't know any single person that has an executive membership to Costco's.
Speaker 3: Great, Well, that makes sense those on your friend group because you're not good.
Speaker 1: So like, how are you going to meet somebody?
Speaker 5: He'll meet somebody when he goes in an hour before the rest of the normans get to go in.
Speaker 1: But executive memberships are all going to be.
Speaker 5: Like quality people. Yes, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's going to be like vending machine guys and then married people.
Speaker 2: That's a vending machine guy, you know, like people who.
Speaker 1: Stalk the vending machines. They get a lot of their products at Costco. Or maybe maybe people are putting together concession stands for school events, Like that's who you're going to get in that early hour you.
Speaker 5: Hold them in high regard though clearly so people helping the community.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're just not gonna be single, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I don't know, kay, I mean we always have to offer to ask at the end of the segment every time if you'd like to go on one more date with Amy despite all of her flaws and shortcomings.
Speaker 1: I mean, what a man you'd be if you could look past it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we would pay for it now though, Wow, Okay, I'm sure Amy, I'm sorry it was You're not a high enough costco members.
Speaker 4: I'm not good enough.
Speaker 1: Maybe show him and joined Sam's Club.
Speaker 2: Afford Sam's Club girl.
Speaker 4: Honestly, this whole thing is so stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, Well.
Speaker 5: I guess it's back to the LARPer for you and we'll do that.
Speaker 1: Second date that Jose's been wanting Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: You know, it's funny that she didn't even really argue with him that much over his problem.
Speaker 1: I think she was stunned. Yeah, I mean, honestly, Like I mean, Jose may have said it at one point where he's like, it's got to be something else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it got to.
Speaker 1: Be a cover for something.
Speaker 5: Was she stunned or did she know deep down that he was right? Oh, and he is better and she's just not Costco executive material.
Speaker 1: I didn't bring it up. But why would you want to go earlier to Costco because they're not going to have the sample people there yet. Oh it's like going on a Wednesday night really late. You don't get any of the samples. Not very fun.
Speaker 5: You were just say you're just there for the free stuff.
Speaker 1: You gotta go at the prime area to get the free stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean, shopping am being fed is a huge benefit.
Speaker 5: And there's just so much inequality and elitism in this world. I never thought Costco would be contributing to the social divide, but there they are.
Speaker 1: I know, they're just trying to bring people together in bulk. Get back fired.
Speaker 5: How did that happen? The good news is no executive status is needed to reach out and email the show.
Speaker 1: No, no, no status at all. We take anybody.
Speaker 2: You can still pay us if you want.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's not a requirement, literally anybody. If you need help with your dating life, we'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out our podcast or up online wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey