Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios podcasts, Radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Emily Brafeo here with David Girl. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today with Bloomberg News Earnings reporter Red Brown. Dollar Tree. This is different than Dollar General, right, this is Dollar Tree.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, like you said, it was kind of a drab day in the markets at the end, but we were able to find a couple of movies here. Dollar Tree one of the big decliners today and actually went from a really positive report in the world of discount retailers yesterday, with Dollar General posting one of its strongest results in years, raising their allog as well, and then Dollar Tree today doing.
Speaker 3: Kind of the opposite.
Speaker 4: They warned of their second quarter profits could fall as much as fifty percent, and that's really why we're seeing this quite aggressive move here today, and it just really kind of highlights how different these two companies are. I mean, the main thing that we need to pay attention to is that Dollar General, the one that did well yesterday, gets most of their sales from consumables like milk and cheese and ice cream, things like that that you guys are.
Speaker 3: Just talking about today, Which don't.
Speaker 4: Mean I wasn't able to hear your old interview, but I imagine one of those things maybe less affected by tariffs, and that's something that Dollar General has called out, less affected by tariffs. Dollar Tree, on the other hand, is more of those kind of like you know, knick knacks and chot Chi's and things like that. Huge exposure to China, and that's really why they're kind of their bottom lines they get hit a little bit more harder.
Speaker 3: What else are you watching?
Speaker 4: Also we can go to the positive side is on semiconductor they are leading all stocks, actually they let all stocks today and s people FIE hundred also drug up some of other semiconductor names, and XP Semiconductors and Sagate both in the top ten performers. And that's actually coming off of just some commentary from the CEO who was speaking at a conference today, just saying that their markets have finally kind of hit bottom. So outside of AI MA conductors have been kind of struggling, so like in industrial automotive places like that have been dealing with some kind of a glut of inventory a lot of other customers, and we're finally starting to get out of that. So so on Semiiconductors speaking to that they're reporting soon, I believe, and if they do report kind of in line, it'll be two years of declines, of quarterly declines. But CEO saying that this should be kind of the bottom final, We've hit rock bottom and we should be able to move.
Speaker 3: On fasting because we talk so much about the AI chips and the amount of investment and the cost and the difficulty of making more of them, of these foundaries, and you don't often think about the wor workaday and more.
Speaker 1: Some right, it seems like the non AI chips, there's an inventory glut because maybe a business buy You're not going to replace your non AI chip like every year, right, so you're like, oh, I don't need to buy another one, and then company suffers.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean we do. We have lost so much of the conversation with AI chips, but I think we forget that there was like the supply chain crisis of a few years ago. Companies bought a lot of chips during that to get to to kind of like make sure that they were able to get their products out and they bought way way too much obviously, and now and then there's also kind of demand issues in some of the end markets, so like automotive and EVS. People weren't buying as many, so you're not making as many. So there's just a couple of different issues. But it does seem like, you know, the ship is turning for on and some of these other kind of you know, less flashy semiconductor names.
Speaker 1: Okay, finally you're looking at CrowdStrike, the cybersecurity company c r w D.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, crowd Strike a couple of bad headlines coming out of the company today. So they're down around six percent, finished around six percent, was as low as nine percent at points during the day. They received it required from the dj n SC requesting information for some of their deals. Bloeberg's been doing some really good reporting around this thirty two million deal with Kera Soft Technology. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but they are provider cybersecurity to the IRS, so you know, they're obviously getting a little bit more government scrutiny for that deal. And you know, the company has just been kind of tied up with legal issues and Obviously they dominated the news last year. So this Ernie Sport that had yesterday, which is the other bad headline coming out of the company. Kind of a poor showing first quarter, or report missed their forecasts for for consensus. So yeah, a couple of compounding things. This was supposed to be their moment to kind of shed the bad news from last year of the outage. This was supposed to be their fourth quarter, you know, set the path forward, and that's this some of these other headlines is kind of taking over of what was supposed to be a positive a positive.
Speaker 3: Just note in here for the first time, I think they're commenting on these investigations, so it's it's, uh, you confirming the fact that they're they're underway and found to be a prompt from going forward.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.