Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of does the Pope trend in the woods? Uh oh, that's court to see if you current do that on television?
Speaker 2: But do you current do that on television?
Speaker 1: My name is Jack. That over there is Miles. Yes, does the Pope trend in?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Absolutely the Pope trendedth and with you and also with.
Speaker 3: No spear is murthy and earth forever.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Let's see here, let's trending on the old Let's see.
Speaker 1: Pope is as of this recording, still in double critical condition or you know.
Speaker 3: What's double critical condition?
Speaker 1: No, no, sorry, double double seriously critical condition, seriously critical condition. Anyways, trending. Gold card is trending. Have you heard about this deal, this sweet deal that they're offering.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm interested.
Speaker 1: Forget about green card. What if I offered you a gold card. We're going to be selling a gold card. That's part of the quote. You have a green card, this is a gold card. We're going to be putting a price on that card of about five million dollars and that's going to give you a green card privileges. Plus it's going to be a route to citizenship and wealthy people will be coming into our country by buying this card. M the cost coization of American citizenship. Wow, Like it's like getting the VIP pass to Coachella, right, you know.
Speaker 3: Can you Now it's truly I mean like used to I mean America is can you afford to live in the United States? Like survive in the United States? And now it's like can you afford to be an American citizen? Now it's a new thing. Can you do? You have five five million?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well that's somehow not the worst thing that Donald Trump has uttered or you know, broadcasted from his terrible brain in the last twenty four hours. Because there's also a video that's trending or not. Everyone's talking about it because is he on truth? Social released a video or like this is like a yeah, posted a video AI slop video about like Trump Gaza what his plans are, and it looks again it's total AI slop. There's like him dancing with ladies. There's also uh Elon Musk is all over it. There's money Musk years old. It's so fucking bro. This is like it's it's so bad, it's so absurd.
Speaker 1: Number one, the song is like kind of catchy, catchy AI slap.
Speaker 3: I guess I can just fucking song is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Here, h Donald to set you Free.
Speaker 3: Donald's coming to set.
Speaker 2: You free, Free bringing to.
Speaker 1: See no More, No More Fear Gaza.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, that's he's he's he's putting up ads for his you know, casino that he thinks he'll own. Because again, very serious. It's like so weird. It's like on top of all the serious shit that's happening, then he posts some fucking wacky shit like this wild is going on, dude. That's why I'm like, this guy is so out of.
Speaker 1: It and everyone else ethnic Cleansino.
Speaker 3: That's his new that's his new moniker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the new casino.
Speaker 3: So yeah, chaos abounds.
Speaker 2: It's wild.
Speaker 1: It is truly wild that he posted that because also like it makes Elon Musk look like kind of young and trim. He's like stuffing his face in all the for something. He's eating hummus and that like that's uh and I think there's literal money rating from this guy. He's eating hummus constantly looks very trim, and then Trump looks like shuh, he looks like stepped on. Shit, he looks like towed from the Frog and Toad children's book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like a shot of him and bebie and lounge chairs by the pool, and you're like, yeah, this is grim. There's also a lot of people noticed that there were like belly dancers but had like beards, and people are like, yeah, I don't think this guy was looking very closely, or maybe he a troll made this video to get him to repost it for this purpose. Either way, he posted it. We have to talk about that. We love it, folks, just for a bit. Moving on, Moving.
Speaker 1: On, MICAEH Parsons, great NFL defensive player, one of the best athletes in American sports, tried to go at a sumo wrestler and uh, it's it's entertaining.
Speaker 2: This felt Twitter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I just wild to see someone who everyone's like, dude, these fucking NFL dues like obviously the like the brain injuries aside, like their fierce competitors, to go up against a sumo wrestler who like I just just inherently understands like, yeah, my job is to literally not be pushed out of this circle.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, go ahead, do your and It's so funny. See Micah Parsons feet like he's trying to get traction like a cartoon like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's like the Fresthlin Stone Carshit. His feet are just yeah, and the sumo wrestler does not move, does not bulge. It's wild and yeah, I mean it's this is somebody in their natural element in the sumo ring, doing their thing. But it's just wild to see how much like that can be a skill, just being immovable with no shoes on.
Speaker 3: And knowing like the geometry of how to not be like have someone press you around, push you around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Michael Parsons is like kind of bent at the waist. This dude is a straight line from his head to his foot. It's just like helped like a fucking beam.
Speaker 3: It's a triangle. You will not break this, but hey, shout out to up. I mean, look, as a Japanese person who grew up watching summel Micah Parsons, you should have grabbed his foodushet man, that's what that's you're supposed to do. Bro, That's how you really gonna get leverage. Throw his ass around by grabbing his The rap that they wear really trying to like, yeah, he's trying to like hook his fucking armpits and ship bro grab the foot. You could you could lift his ass up if you actually were like, okay, that's right now, let me try by manipulating your fundus year.
Speaker 2: That's not like bad form to grab the.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no no, that's.
Speaker 2: Actually part of it. Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you you you must sometimes because sometimes you can just straight up lift somebody out of the ring by grabbing them by the.
Speaker 1: I know that from y Just generally my fighting style and m m A is wedgie giving. Let's just just give extreme wedgies to people. Get knocked out every single time, but get them off their feet every once in a while. Uh. The Republicans one step closer to their dream budget. Yeah, just what four point five trillion steps left?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, And I don't mean to call it funds like more traditional that I think technically similar with Malashi from my assume. For my Sumo fans out there, I apologize I should have said Mahashi instead of Fundoshi. Anyway, all that to say through so many emails, I know, I know from panicking, don't release this episode, but yeah, the Republicans in you know, Capitol Hill News again. They are their main goal right now. They are tasked with in Congress to actually passing legislation to help the oligarchical dream of forever tax cuts a reality. You know, this is the one where they are going to cut four and a half trillion dollars in tax revenues over the next decade, and the way they offset that is by getting at least two trillion dollars in spending. And on Tuesday they got a little bit closer to that reality when porn Pope and Speaker of the House Mike Johnson eked out a two seventeen two point fifteen party line vote to pass a budget resolution. Now this is not the actual bill. The buzzet budget resolution is like essentially a blueprint for the GOP to begin coming up with proposals for how to make all this spending go away. Since this isn't the actual bill, Republicans are like, no, no, we're not going to be cutting like snap or like medicaid. But when you look at this as basically a roadmap for making cuts like, for example, like energy and commerce, according to this budget resolution, they need to find about eight hundred and eighty billion dollars in spending to acts. Well, the only way you're gonna get there is by taking a huge bite out of Medicaid's ass which covers seventy million low income Americans, And like Agriculture Committee, they need to find two hundred and thirty billion dollars in cuts. Well, that would essentially mean they're gonna have to go after SNAP and other subsidies for people who need food. So the only reason basically they aren't able to just walk this completely through Congress is there's already a shitload of disagreement among Republicans over what to cut and ultimately if those cuts are even enough, Because some people are real deficit hawks and they're like, yeah, I'm down to cut programs and let people die, but like I also actually want to do like fiscal conservatism and I want to bring the deficit down. And those people aren't pleased, but they found enough common ground to get this through the House. Then you have the Senate, who has a completely different outlook on this. So there's going to be a lot a lot of capital, like political capital, is going to be spent to really get through this and try and justify all these cuts because you're already seeing people like turn up at town hall meetings were already angry about the shit Doze's doing. So imagine what they do when you're in a district where people are on like snap and they need food and you're gutting that and they're like, what the fuck am I supposed to do. One thing we have learned though through reporting is quote party leaders suggests that if lawmakers feel the need to hold town halls, they do tell at town halls or at least vet attendees to avoid scenes that become viral clips. According to GOP sources, at Ubaid said, House Republican leaders are urging lawmakers to stop engaging in them all together.
Speaker 1: So just ignore the problem that she'll go away. But yeah, those feel that way unless you show up and see them feeling that way.
Speaker 3: Then allow other people to see them feel that way, and then they're going to get ideas on how to feel that way. So stop letting people see how they feel and we can get on with the art of the deal or steal.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. That was pretty good. A little bit of little bit of Shakespeare, you know what Shakespeare? Yeah, famous rhyming poet Shakespeare.
Speaker 3: I hate yeah, you know, I hate to, you know, just totally plagiarize his work like that. But sometimes you gotta just got to let it come through you.
Speaker 1: But we talked on yesterday's a trending about how Bernie Sanders is going to gop like deep red districts and just being like this is bad.
Speaker 2: They're all the garks that are taking it away.
Speaker 1: From you and it's like standing room only having to turn people away like people. Yeah, so you know, which does seem like the thing that Democrats should be doing is giving people places to vent their frustration.
Speaker 3: If they only they knew how to do it. But I think this is where you have to we have to remember that they will not align with anything left them, Like when it really comes down to them, or it comes down to it, they'll be like, I'll put myself in a costume and do noises that sound like it. But when the rubber meets the read, you better believe. We go into the status quo.
Speaker 2: My status quo swish swish.
Speaker 1: It is so funny that like, rather than do anything right now, like the James Carville. So we're seeing the two paths that the Democrats are willing to go. Bernie Sanders going out letting people express their frustration. Maybe that gets through and people start passing legislation that like is designed to help people. And then James Carville just let them fuck things up so drastically that we are just there to collect the pieces, which has worked so well recently. Yeah, for them, just do.
Speaker 3: Nothing while people's you know, lived experience continues to go further and further into a negative direction. Yeah, that's a great way to build goodwill for your party.
Speaker 1: Swish once again, James, you've done it.
Speaker 2: Let's let's take a quick break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what's what's happening with the boy?
Speaker 1: The Boy, the one the only Drake has canceled his remaining Australian UH and New Zealand tour dates. H for I like this description because like so apparently the tour dates were sold out, So it's not that not lack of interest, and it's not anything having to do with him being in a bad place because of how badly he lost that beef. So don'ty even start saying that stuff over there. Okay, it's a scheduling conflict, which what could that possibly mean when it comes to a world.
Speaker 2: Tour that has already has Yeah, that's like the.
Speaker 3: Worst excuse I've ever heard for I'm giving up. Yeah, Like this is this is what people do, Like when they take an l or something and they're like they're like they leave a fucking stage or something like in a comedy show, and then they're like, I had a scheduling conflict. I didn't leave because I took a L, Like I just go somewhere. I'm thinking of Donnel Rawlings, who did this. I think I'm I think like he got roasted on like kill Tony or something, and it became like this epic meltdown where he to this day still insists that he didn't he didn't leave the roast because he's getting cooked so bad. It's because he had a schedule conflict.
Speaker 1: You just remembered a thing he had to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly exactly. But I mean it's very odd. Uh. I don't are people even believing that because it again, if you plan a tour, you're like, yeah, I'm doing these shows to make money, and I'm this is this is what's on my schedule. So i'd imagine you plan the tour and like, oh, I forgot, I'm actually committed to this other thing, but I planned a tour. So either in that sense, you're completely reckless, or you had to tour and you're like, oh, what's that? Yeah, I'd rather do that. Either way, you look like asshole and it kind of the whole problem with it. Yeah, it seems like a complete dick. Yeah, what is this?
Speaker 1: Disturbed is offering Kendrick to do a collab. Kendrick, if you're at all interested, let's go ahead and shock the world a little bit. Let's let everybody know that we have more in common than we do that separates us, and let's take our artistry to another level together. I would love to do that. That is such a generous from Disturbed lead vocalist David Draymond. That's fucking nice.
Speaker 3: What is it? Why?
Speaker 2: Why we should stand?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What are they like is? I mean, I don't know, it's been a while since I've asked about what's going on with Disturbed. Just s been a while, But I like how Ben was basically describing as like it's basically like the modern day walk this way.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll just find out about walk this Way that's amazing. So we were talking about the Drake video where a drone like landed on the top of this hotel penthouse suite that he was hanging out at and started looking at what was on his laptop screen and then like he came out, it flew back and was still, you know, filming him. And then he threw a sandal off the building at the drone and missed by a mile. We don't know if it's.
Speaker 2: Real or not.
Speaker 3: I guess it is so fake. It's so fake, Jack, And I'm getting staged by Drake. Yes, yes for this end. So here he is, he's coming out. So apparently this drone is hovering like in his like whatever luxury penthouse patio. Uh, because there's a few reasons. He gets up and he goes, oh, what's this? This is bad acting. He picks up a slipper. Now watch the angle, Jack. If think of the center of this shot as being dead center of where the drone is. The camera is not off to the side. Why is he launching look at the angle which he throws the sandal because he doesn't want to mess up the drone that he's paying for for the shoot.
Speaker 2: That's why Look.
Speaker 1: No, Miles, Miles, Drake is bad at throwing things. That is what is happening. He has never tried to throw a sandal at a drone before and fucked it up, is what I think happened. I don't know if this is real, if if it's fake, it just is.
Speaker 2: It's an L.
Speaker 3: It's an L either way, it's an L.
Speaker 2: It's a huge L.
Speaker 1: Like the I don't know why this would be a thing that he chose to.
Speaker 3: People are taking the shadiest screencaps of the ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not good, but it just feels like a weird time to be Drake, you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see a lot of this is the other thing people are saying when he posted this clip too. The stakes are high. But so I'm right now. Yeah, it says the video is staged. It was a This looks like this was an ad for the gambling website Steak.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, bro, I've been making fake videos, you know what I mean? Why is that ad for that?
Speaker 1: I don't understand anyway.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's in bed with them financially, so okay, yeah that's all cool, but like.
Speaker 1: Have yourself hit the fucking drone with your sandal? And like do a better throw. I feel like, yeah, let's let's take let's get another take of that drake. Let's take it back to one and get back to.
Speaker 3: One drake and try to not throw this sandal like an absolute goober fuck actually, as they say in Toronto, found as absolute Gerbert fom.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And finally, in terms of where he's retreating to, because he did cancel his remaining Australia and New Zealand tour dates due to scheduling conflict. Absolutely they were sold out. It was actually like too popular and he was a little scared by how much people would to come. So that's why I had to cancel it him because of schedule the aforementioned scheduling conflict. As for where he can retreat to, Semaphore had a article the other day about these underground bunkers We've been tracking for a little bit on the show, where like billionaires will buy up old missile silos or build their own underground like billionaire bunkers. But now it's actually getting and this makes a lot of sense to me that this would be the future. Like corporations, like companies are starting to investigate this as a place to both hide their like server farms, you know, in the chance that if there's nuclear yea, or because we're all going.
Speaker 3: To be asking for what data they have on consus which rebuilding the earth.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it's I think it's like AI companies and like crypto companies, and they would also like house their c suite at these underground colonies survival condos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I really like this paragraph.
Speaker 1: Larry Hall, owner of Kansas based Survival Condo, said he recently priced an underground data center and executive suite space to a crypto company for sixty four million dollars. Survival Condo counts eight companies in the planning stages of building bunkers, three of which are competing to purchase an existing one hundred and fifty thousand square foot facility in Kansas serving the same purpose, a project started by a big oil billionaire who died before it was completed.
Speaker 3: Oh, you died before your panic room was made.
Speaker 1: I know. It's so sad.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is what Douglas Rushkoff was talking about when we had them on the show. You're talking about billionaire bunk billionaire bankers. The logic is so fucking weird for these people.
Speaker 1: But now that you yeah, now that you make it a corporate a thing you can put on the corporate card for your company, I feel like we're going to start seeing these become more and more common because now you're not having to spend your personal money.
Speaker 2: Right and bleed your company dry.
Speaker 1: It Just you know, we've talked about the way that like our new corporate oligarchy is like really set up with like doctor Strangelove steaks, like a small number of people at a table making all the important decisions about the future, and like the decisions they're making are designed to kill the rest of us, and like they're openly making plans for what to do when the earth is no longer habitable.
Speaker 3: This is why for the people, I mean, obviously they'll keep as many workers in the dark about what they're building. But that's where you know, sabotage is needed, you know what I mean, where it's like, yeah, dude, to watch this, I put such vulnerabilities on the outside of this thing. They'll be fucking running out of here once I just I gotta just press a button from the outside because they don't fucking know what I'm doing. Because they're exploiting our labor. Wow, but good for them.
Speaker 1: Kind of a smart grift to be like what the guy was like, the nuclear clock is moving closer to midnight. The guy who's like selling these things which we've talked about, like the how the nuclear clock is kind of like a bullshit thing that's like just some company that has been around since the fifties, being like we are the Coalition of nuclear scientists, but it's like very unofficial and they seem to just like move it at random, like they didn't move it during the Cuban missile crisis. They move it closer every year. And he's like, the more worries there are in the headline news, the more people look for solutions. So I mean, this guy's killing it because he's capitalizing on paranoia caused by a thing that is going to like the media will keep reporting on the doomsday clock because fear cells. They'll keep taking it forward because it's what gets them in the press, and everyone assumes it's some official measurement and not just like do the razzies for nuclear.
Speaker 3: War The most base shit you could do is again, because the other thing they're capitalizing on is the subconscious of these billionaires who knows deep in their bones that they are fucking the cause of all of this shit, and that they do need to worry, and that they do need some kind of exit strategy for when everything comes to pass. That would be the Law show is like, you're a bunker build It's like, yeah, bro, bro, I made the most fucked up bunkers for these people, And guess what, y'all can't escape because I was. I was scheming against you the whole fucking time.
Speaker 1: Monsolescence for like three months in yeah, three months post apocalypse. Yeah, I mean, so that is also like, as these billionaires are like scheming, they are asking the hard questions like, Okay, so obviously I have my island bunker that I built out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean that only I know the coordinates of. When I take my family there during the apocalypse, I'm gonna have to hire a pilot to fly us. Do I then have to shoot the pilot in the head. There, we were talking about an article where somebody who was like big in the tech industry was hearing those conversations and was like, oh man, that was.
Speaker 3: Douglas Cough was it. Yeah? Yeah, because he was taught remember he was he he wrote the book about billionaire bunkers and had remember that's where they always picked his brain, like always asking about this kind of stuff, and that's when he would hear them talk about.
Speaker 1: I was like, what do I let's game this out here, Miles. Yeah, so I'm gonna have to fucking shoot these guys in the head, right, And that's that's how they spend their time and mental and other solutions were like what if I only know the code to where the food is so they have to not kill me? Like it's all this stuff about like how do I corner them so that basically I have like a dead man's hand switch for their lives, so.
Speaker 2: I have to be alive.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, very good thinking, very bay.
Speaker 1: To my island bunker, and I already have their family there in a dungeon, So what are they gonna do? You know exactly?
Speaker 3: I mean, the the answer is obvious. Do you find someone with no family that just wants to survive and they're not bringing nobody and you just incentivize and be like, yeah, bro, you.
Speaker 2: Get to fucking lift too. Yeah, keep you on a leash out in the bad.
Speaker 3: Also wear this collar so if you're trying and fuck with me, this will pop your fucking dome like a cherry tomato.
Speaker 2: Cool, we're good here, all right.
Speaker 3: Cool, all right.
Speaker 1: So those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, February twenty sixth. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines, ways can get your flu shot. Yeah, don't do nothing about white supremacy. And we will talk to you out tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,