Speaker 1: Kelsey slot left. He is phenomenal in the red zone. They go the other way, caught for a touchdown. Bucker hit a sixty two yard ron here last year. That was his career long Tommy Townsend to put it down and Bucker's check is good and goodbye Glenny. Second and ten three man rush, a floater caught and the ball is out and Kansas City has it. Trenton mcgruffy knocked.
Speaker 2: It out.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 4: It is nineteen to eight the Kansas City Chiefs over the Denver Broncos on Thursday Night football. A game a little bit low on fireworks, but in the end the home team gets what it wants at w and the rest of the world gets what they want another Sean Payton loss. Dan Hans is here in West London in a conference room, pretty bougie conference room, way beyond what we expect or deserve. That was Mark Sessler, Greg Rosenthal. Boys, this is you know, and hello to everybody. We had our live show last night and then this game we know how the other half lives. Here kicks off after one am, and I think we all watched it and stayed up and now here we are the following morning talking about it. Chiefs take care business and we all feel totally insane right now.
Speaker 5: There is that feeling of adrenaline. I think after these live shows we're celebrating. It's it's a mad dash to get through our day at Sky Sports that we did, and then and then the live show and then watching the greatest player I've ever seen play football in just another game that happened in this season. But I actually enjoy I enjoyed being up like the Londoners enjoyed it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought, I mean we we had a chance to go out a little bit after the show and celebrate, which which is said Mark.
Speaker 4: But you're wearing like a peacock that's like over your shoulders. Yeah, like you're an aristocrat.
Speaker 6: I am having a scenario where it's like, if I take this off, I'm freezing, but when I wear it, I'm feeling sweaty.
Speaker 2: You asked for them to turn the ac it's a little high.
Speaker 7: I am not.
Speaker 6: I've not caught up physically. I think the way that some other people around here.
Speaker 4: You're part aristocrat, part vampire, and I'm here for it. I just didn't expect it.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: No, I appreciate you because you saved me from my ah. I like to watch the football game that was on analysis so far?
Speaker 7: Well, no, I mean I like it.
Speaker 6: We rolled right into the game, which was at least you know, it wasn't like to wake up to try to do it.
Speaker 7: I think I watched the whole thing.
Speaker 6: And I you said the no fireworks, Dan, I disagree, was just flushed with fireworks that I mean, it was just a thriller.
Speaker 4: It's I'm bummed out watching the Chiefs on offense this year. They just don't have Eric at home put it well. Actually, he did a nice job on NFL dot Com with his write up, as he does every week.
Speaker 3: He's a very good football writer.
Speaker 7: Eric.
Speaker 3: Maybe better powerings of me. I don't know, but I think about different.
Speaker 7: You bring a different, you know, sort of energy to it.
Speaker 4: Don't He's not, but he's great in his own way. But no, he does an excellent job with these ride ups, and he put it well that their their offense just is stuck in second gear and it's not an issue where they can't take care of business against the Broncos. But I think I think the stat he had this is only a sixth time ever. Patrick Mahomes let an offensive scored less than twenty points, which is first of all insane.
Speaker 3: Uh and second second and all second at all.
Speaker 4: Second of all, the way they get bogged down in the red zone, that interception that he threw, which was a terrible interception and wild there that you know, cost them three points. It's just like and Kelsey had a big game, Travis Kelsey who briefly exited in the fourth quarter, but he has a big yardage game with Taylor Swift once again in attendance. So you saw good things here, but you're still kind of missing that extra, like Eric said, gear that makes them the Chiefs, that turns a nineteen eight game, or really a one score game in the fourth quarter into what it should have been, which was a typical thirty five point Chiefs output.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I can point to some positives because on the on the preview show or when we preview this game, you were calling for Kelsey to re enter as like the main core thing. And I think we saw that Kelsey can still can still do it, and he's still a core part of this offense.
Speaker 2: Nine right, including a forty yarder.
Speaker 6: He was pretty pristine and like Isaiah Pichaeko. I think ran pretty well. Rashid Rice gives me a little bit of hope. I feel like there's this thing going on with the Chiefs though, where like when they went for that fake punt. I mean, they could have just taken commanderly, but that fake punt where they got a little cute and you know, the shift gears and go all up and it's like Noah Gray takes the ball and they try to convert and they don't un fourth and two, and I feel like I keep watching these Chiefs games where in these short yarded situations Andy Reid gets a little too smart for himself sometimes and they seem to stumble up, but they're better at like third and seven and third and eight.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 5: And the fact that in this one game alone, you saw Travis kelce throw a lateral a play after the game that Mahomes said, that's just Kelsey.
Speaker 2: It was not a play.
Speaker 5: That he practices that stuff in practice and that everyone laughs, but he practices enough that he actually does it in the game. And it's like the game is moving so slow for Travis Kelcey, he's he and Mahomes are kind of a football genius. I enjoy hearing I heard Tony Gonzaz and Ryan Fitzpatrick talk about it, like for people to understand this isn't normal that he is the routes and we know that that he's sort of like making up the routes that he sees like my normal route is not going to work on this place, so I'm just gonna change it in Mahomes is going to understand it and he's gonna know what I want to do. But there was a play in this game, and I'll get to your point, like that Read is throwing all these crazy things like the fake field goal, and then there was another Canarious Tony pass in the second half that didn't work at all. But it's partly because their offense isn't explosive and doesn't work, and because I think they're kind of trying different things out this early in the season, because they view this part of the season as a warm up. Their real season starts in January, and they want to win these games, but they do want to try different things as they go along. But Kelsey in this game was so brilliant because there was this one play that and Kirk Kirkstree pointed this out he missed a lot of stuff. I feel like he sometimes tunes out a little bit, but this was a nice job by him where Kelsey, in the middle of the route knows he's not going to be open, and he literally pointed to Mahomes to pass it to Edwards a laire and in a split second, Mahomes passes it to Edwards a lair and they pay twelve yards And I've never heard of I've never seen a play like that in my entire life that like that could be possible. So there is like a level they're operating out that's amazing. But that's the only thing that's keeping this offense, you know, quite good. They're a very different offense to your point. They're not explosive at all. They're very low in terms of explosive plays. They were first in the league by far last year and they're not even in the top ten this year in passing. But if you look at their DVOA their efficiency, they are still a top ten offense. They're like the seventh or eighth best offense in league. They're just doing it in a very methodical, kind of bittering way.
Speaker 6: We feel like last year they massed over the loss of Tyreek Hill, and we kind of celebrated the way they did that, but it's not that it's Tyreek Hill this year. You're not gonna have him, but they're missing someone that can provide that kind of explosiveness it get open downfield, stretch the defense, and it's just like they're a bit plotting and drives are breaking down.
Speaker 4: I think that we talked about it in the in the preview of this game, that Kelsey isn't at the same level or he wasn't in before last night that he was last year. And if he's healthy and they kind of find their chemistry and groove again, I think this could end up being just a bump in the road, which is still early in the season.
Speaker 2: And he left late again with the he kind of banged the baz ankle right at the very end.
Speaker 4: And the reason why I'm not panicking, there's kind of a couple of ways to look at it. But one of the reasons I'm not panicking is because last year, like you said, they did it and it's like without having Tyreek Hill, and it wasn't like they lost they lost Juju Smith Schusters.
Speaker 3: Just a guy.
Speaker 4: We'll get to that in a second Mikole Hardman, who can't even get on the field for the Jets.
Speaker 3: They have.
Speaker 4: They're they're just figuring things out. And I think one thing though, that seeing Andy Reid make some strange decisions shows maybe a little frustration and that they're trying to get things moving in a more explosive direction, like the Tony pass that you reference, Like, let's not take the ball out of Patrick Mahomes's hands ever, and if, okay, if you're gonna fake a field goal, you know, again, don't send Patrick Mahomes off the field and try to do a tush push or whatever.
Speaker 2: He doesn't sneak. They did.
Speaker 5: Don't call Patrick Mahomes so he doesn't sneak four years ago.
Speaker 7: We got injured when they four years ago.
Speaker 5: On Thursday Night football. It's just an interesting wrinkle that you kind of need to have your quarterback able to do it.
Speaker 4: Kicking two short field goals and then also faking a field goal and not getting it just shows you they're not where they need to be.
Speaker 3: But they have time to work on it.
Speaker 4: And guess what, for all their struggles quote unquote on offense, like you said, they're still top ten and they're five and one, So they're just doing what a true Super Bowl contender does.
Speaker 3: They win as they figure things out and go ahead.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say, I mean, it is the best. I think the biggest development is on paper, it's the best defense of the Read era. And they've had some okay defense defense, a good defense that finished in the top ten in points allowed. But to me, that's why this team is scary because I think they're winning with defense and somewhat there they're running game and efficient like that is a big different. Drew Tranquill was fantastic in this game. Nick Bolton had a great interception. Their secondaries been great. Chris Jones is wrecking shop. They're playing him on the edge quite a bit. Just at each level, this is a legit top ten defense week after week, and then you think, Okay, Patrick Mahomes with the best defense Andy Reid's had, and that's a long stretch if you go back to the Alex Smith days. I really think this is it, and so they don't need to be as good an offense. They could maybe win in a different way this year.
Speaker 4: So on the Denver side of things, it's and yeah, what you just said in forums on some level. The issues they had yesterday is that Casey's defense is better than it's been but and I hate it. Did It shouldn't bothering because who caress. You know, he's a Jets fan too, so I don't have an issue with Greenberg, but like you know, he's way misinformed and says that Russell Wilson's worse than ever this season going into this game, and that couldn't be further from the truth. But then this game he actually I think was part of the problem for the Broncos for the first time this year. He played poorly once again, like what we saw against the Jets, mark especially late in that game, just the inability to feel the pass rush and you know, two big turnovers, and in general this reminded me a little bit of some of what we were seeing last year under Hackett.
Speaker 6: I totally agree, and I mean one of the picks came off a tipped pass. He had three tipped passes in this game. Looked relatively lost to me. I mean, it's just the he has been better, and I think the offense in general has been obviously more organized than a year ago, but they produced ninety five passing yards last night, and like if the Chiefs slack exploded an explosive elopment, the Bronco is like they have had a success going up and down the field in other games, but they couldn't do it against the Chiefs last night. And I mean there is the one. There's something going on with this team where I feel it's almost like Sean Payton to me, like from a spiritual angle, like really kind of cursed the energy around this team with his tirade against Nathaniel Hackett because it uncharacteristic of a Sean Payton offense. There are things happening that are like, wait a minute, this is looking like elements of last year's team. At times when you're Sean Payton, you call a timeout, right Russell with twenty eight seconds to go before the half, Russell Wilson gets sacked. Then Sean Payton calls another timeout with twenty two seconds, they have to punt the ball. The punk goes twenty seven yards, Mahomes has the ball back on his side of the field, six yard pass, a thirteen yard scramble, and then right before halftime you kick sixty yard field, go top, go up thirteen. Nothing that's on Sean Payton. In his defense, he owned up to that, which he read, Yeah he did. He said, I miscounted the downs and I gave them a time out that they should have been taking, which helped all those But one of the biggest issues with Nathaniel Hackett last year was time management. Was understanding where you were on the field, was understanding the down situation. And you don't expect that from Sean Payton, but it last night. I mean, going up thirteen nothing right before half. That's Andy Reid thinking like, wow, we just got a gift, you know.
Speaker 4: One of the biggest crowd pops in our live show last night, and thank you everybody that came to the show theater.
Speaker 3: It was a great time had by all.
Speaker 4: One of the biggest pops of the night was I don't even remember what the context was, but Sean Payton. I think I said something about Sean Payton and his struggles, and the place exploded and cheers like, yeah, everyone is seeming to enjoy this guy's humble pie that he's got eight minutes.
Speaker 6: So the show tick they edited from our you know, online copy because.
Speaker 5: Of it even got got up yet We'll see but uh yeah, don't say too much.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: I might have to delete you, but.
Speaker 6: You come to our lives, you come to our live show, you get information and special guests unvarnished.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean he could own up to it, but that's that was an all time time out blunder. As Johnny Clock management over here, I was going crazy that Herb Street and Al Michaels didn't even mention it, didn't even mention it. And then and then I said something out about it, and all the Ronco stands this is a great example of what you know, A small segment of every fan base is like, it's not unique to Broncos fans.
Speaker 2: They all were like, oh, actually it was the broadcast mistake. They actually said it was the broadcast mistake.
Speaker 5: It wasn't Peyton that made it, because someone someone on Twitter somewhere said that it was actually, like, no, our coach couldn't actually be that big of a dumb ass. They actually created and concocted some other reason. And they were all vociferous about.
Speaker 2: No, actually you're wrong. You don't understand that was the mistake.
Speaker 5: And then after the game, Peyton's like, no, I had a complete brain fart. I like Tom Brady got flamed for days fort for not knowing what down it was. And he's the quarterback, that's the head coach. You could say, at least he owned up doing that's great. I actually can't remember a coach ever losing track of downs and literally stopping the half. He can say whatever he wants about. Oh, the Chiefs would have taken the time out there.
Speaker 2: I don't know that.
Speaker 5: Who knows. He might have just the knowing Andy raid. He might have just gotten a halftime. Sometimes he lets that happen. He just gave him three points. Nice job by Harrison Bucker, though they might not have win this game. A sixty yard er and a fifty plus to put a.
Speaker 4: Four field score, and good job calling that out. And again I love al Michaels, he's the goat, he's a legend. But you know the booth that's terrible. That's as bad as Peyton's mistake is not calling that out when you're doing the national telecast.
Speaker 5: Well, how about in the fourth quarter when Courtland Sutton made one of the catches of the year, I'd say, top five catch this year, and it seemed barely aware that it even happened. I mean, Herbstreet didn't, didn't barely made a comment about it that it was a great catch, and certainly they'd never brought up that it was like suddenly a two score game. They they sort of were acting like one score game, right, a one score game. Rather, they were sort of acting like, wow, that was a great that was a good play. This is you know, it's good that they're getting something going late.
Speaker 3: In the game.
Speaker 5: And then after they got the two point, right, it didn't seem to like understand like, actually, this is this is a game here for a second.
Speaker 6: That's an It feels like if you were to pick two people that need to be plugged in no whether or not you like the matchup.
Speaker 2: Or they were bored by it.
Speaker 7: They were getting bored here.
Speaker 3: But there's also people in their ear there should be they need help, as I mean, come on, anyway.
Speaker 5: Jason's thinking, those are some of our We've got Jason clembing here hoping to produce like is.
Speaker 4: There some of our former coworkers, like OL's my neighbor in Malibu.
Speaker 3: I can't say anything.
Speaker 2: Come on, you can't even get kind of.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I love it.
Speaker 5: I'm your Russell Wilson point though, Yeah, that's two straight games because he's stunk in the Jets game two overall he was.
Speaker 2: Under dress and there's only been there's only been. Yeah, but he was bad.
Speaker 5: He had two or three turnover where I think he had three turnover worthy plays and like no particularly good plays in the Jets.
Speaker 2: Game, and this game was a fiasco.
Speaker 4: Was even worse the fourth down early that is that was very twenty twenty two Broncos where it was just like I got I was down with the play, I was down with the decision to go for it because against the Chiefs and you have the worst defense in the league. He's flushed out to the right and he just continues to look and not see anything that just goes out of bounce, Like you don't see that that typically unless a quarterback is really just not playing well and seeing the field.
Speaker 6: One thing, it's like there is this drumbeat of Peyton openly you know, critiquing Russell Wilson, a little bit of blame here and there after the game too, right, and so it's that's been going on all along.
Speaker 7: I don't like that situation. I mean, you didn't get it happening.
Speaker 6: I think I think you're gonna move Russell Wilson's probably gonna be moved out of the starting spot. I think this is what I This is the closest team I can see. It's just sort of an organic tank quietly because you move Randy Gregory. I'm not saying Frank Clark's a difference maker, but he's out the door at some point, right. But I mean they're moving these guys that they brought on to They spent a lot of money in free agency. It's not going well. Jerry Judy has been on the trade whisper block.
Speaker 3: While we'll get to Jerry Judy.
Speaker 6: The thing is, like the Broncos have they they're an outlier to have, like the number one pick, and Sean Payton winds up with the number one quarterback and then this thing looks like a dream and you'll start over.
Speaker 7: But I'm not.
Speaker 6: I just don't love what Sean Payton's doing with the pieces he has, right.
Speaker 3: They Yes, they do, Okay, they do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Entering that touchdown drive where the Chiefs just kept giving the Broncos the ball back over and over and over, and eventually the Broncos finally got something done. Russell Wilson midway through the fourth was nine for fourteen for fifty seven yards, in two touchdowns and in some brutal sacks. So when Broncos fans were tweeting out passer rating earlier this week and comparing him to Patrick Mahomes that like he had a higher passer rating, like passer rating does not count the million terrible sacks Russell Wilson has taken this year and in this game, and that was that first half was as bad as any half or even three quarters of play that he had at any point. I don't It was one of the worst quarterback games I've seen this year from any quarterback, So like a top level quarterback isn't gonna have that sort of game.
Speaker 7: Now, they were running the ball pretty well too, I don't.
Speaker 4: I think the ironically, one of the criticisms from Peyton and that infamous USA Today article that more hands are dirty than just Russell Wilson's. I don't think that was an inspired play calling game either. I think they had like less than five throws ten yards downfield or they never tested the defense on any level. And I'm so sick of hearing about Jerry Judy and Courtland Sutton on the trade block because these guys don't make plays. I know Sutton had to play late in the game, but it's like, you know, I don't know. I'm not saying it's not Russell Wilson's fault, but now we're going to start piling on Wilson where it's like, I feel like he's this whole Denver it turned to his career is a massive fiasco with Hackett in year one and now Peyton playing the fool in year two.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: There was this one little thing that went out on Twitter too, and I you know, I think this happens to coaches some times. So it's like, I'm not trying to just pile on Peyton again. But he got caught on television with the screen cap of him holding up the play call sheet and it basically shows every one of Denver's like two minute plays.
Speaker 5: Good job by our friend of the podcast, Josh Norris was the one who.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's just it's like, you know, even with that is that attention to detail, you gotta you can't have that sound.
Speaker 5: Well, that's that one's I think that I know, But like, but it's like he's getting older and he has to write bigger.
Speaker 3: Bugs that like you wear glasses on our I'm not going to count that is.
Speaker 6: You know what, I don't put like my diary up on camera for everyone to see it.
Speaker 3: You have a diary? No, but if I.
Speaker 7: Did, or what some personal information you know is a state secret for you.
Speaker 3: We got to move on. We're bloviating again.
Speaker 2: The losers interesting, sure, sure was.
Speaker 4: It was so interesting, Uh, losers of the game, Peyton Russ Mahomes, Fantasy Owners and Swifties of Minneapolis. Because now there's been four games they got, this happened, this relationship became public, and the only game she didn't go to was the Vikings.
Speaker 5: Well, I think home games makes sense, kNs Didy although she was in l A playing I'm analyzing this now I am, and then the other one's in New York. So it's like she's got to go to New York our six podcast game.
Speaker 6: But Greg, but the people, all those all those Swifties that went and bought Swifty Vikings jerseys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like, no matter, no matter the logic behind it.
Speaker 4: I think of that situation that crying, well she wasn't crying, but long yeah, she was wearing a number eighty nine Swift jersey the Vikings and she's the only one that didn't have the woman in the building.
Speaker 2: Well, how about good job, good job by by Taylor Swift.
Speaker 5: There she was, you know by l A correspondent Emica Watson Abbe Slash. Rosenthal told me Taylor Swift was at the Grove there for her premiere just the day before. So she she's in LA the night before she gets to Kansas City.
Speaker 3: Let's you call good girlfriend work.
Speaker 2: And then Amazon, you know, I noticed.
Speaker 5: I think they actually made a specific point to emphasize Taylor Swift less than previously. I think they were like, this is it's gone a little too far, and we're going to show her last.
Speaker 4: We don't need to. We're gonna have an awesome offensive performance. And Patrick Mahomes and a totally plugged in booth. Let's get to the NFL network side of things. Fascinating discourse. Steve Smith, who we love Steve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know why.
Speaker 4: Steve Smith is both good on television and in general a well like guy behind the scenes for NFL media.
Speaker 3: Is that guy keeps it real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got a swagger to him, He's got a little bit of a chip on his shoulder, always has it helped make him a Hall of Fame level receiver, and there was a how to set this up? Jerry Judy, former first round pick. Do I have to tee it up? Or is it all basically explained? He explained heat between Judy and Steve Smith playing out on live television.
Speaker 3: Rett.
Speaker 8: One of the things that I really enjoyed working with Steve Smith is the way that I can see these players react to him.
Speaker 3: We just had it.
Speaker 8: Thirty seconds ago. Sky Moore, Chiefs wide receivers coming by, comes.
Speaker 3: To say hello to Steve.
Speaker 8: He spends time time with them before the game, telling what he likes about their game, giving him a little pointers how they could be better, and these guys grew up watching him, so they soak it up. However, a short while ago, Broncos wide receiver Jerry Judy was walking by and Steve called out to him.
Speaker 3: He got a different reaction.
Speaker 9: I called out to him because on my podcast cut to it, I just talked about guys that maybe have not showed up in a way or in the manner, and so they weren't. That I've used to describe him in the past was a jag. Just they got just the guy and so when I saw him he's playing well, I wanted to say to him face to face, like, hey, I know I said some things in the past I probably shouldn't have, and I'm sorry. That's what I wanted to say to him. His response, Mike, Robb and Bucky was ninja ninja. Yes, I'm using the word ninja's I'm just using the word ninja.
Speaker 3: I don't mess with you.
Speaker 9: And it was it was a curse word, and so I was like, all right, and then he repeat, so I'll say it again. I'm sorry that I said you were a jack, just a guy who's an average wide receiver they use a first round.
Speaker 3: Pick on that isn't doing anything.
Speaker 9: I hope today that you actually show up in a way that you haven't showed up in the last couple of years since they drafted.
Speaker 3: Is this all happening right now? It is live Tellers.
Speaker 6: I also say one thing, you have to go watch this clip because Mike Garrifolo, who's standing right next to him, because they're talking to the studio too. The look the looks on Mike Grifolo's face as this story unfolds is precious.
Speaker 7: And we love Mike too.
Speaker 4: I would I would like liking it to when Kanye went on as Katrina Rant with Mike Myers next to it.
Speaker 3: It's great, okay, now go ahead climbing.
Speaker 9: So if you ever got a problem with AJN eighty nine, I'm sorry for saying that you're an average wide receiver that they eventually will move on.
Speaker 3: And when teams called me.
Speaker 9: And asking should they trade for you, I will say no, don't trade for Jerry Judy because he's mentally unable to handle constructive criticism from people who watch. Specifically, can he be a wide receiver? He could be a wide receiver. He's a Tier three. Go back into the studio. I'm done now, thank you.
Speaker 6: He's pulling his microphone off and just like basically leaving set.
Speaker 2: At that point, he's and he was furious.
Speaker 5: And it's crazy to see that side because we love seeing that side of Steve Smith as a player. We spent a lot of time talking about that side of Steveson as a player. Because I saw I say Chris's favorite NFL player, I would say the history of our podcast, Tyron Matthew would be the other one.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: But he loved he loved that fire. And now we're getting as a coworker. And it's so interesting to see because we've gotten to know Steve a little bit, you know, and he's such a nice person to anyone that is nice to him and respects him.
Speaker 2: But if you cross him and I would not want to.
Speaker 3: And this is one of the gifts for Steve.
Speaker 4: And really certain people, like another person says what they're saying there comes off as.
Speaker 3: Petty and why are you getting making yourself the story? But the way Steve.
Speaker 4: Does it here, I mean everyone's kind of like on the edge of their seats and just enjoying the theater.
Speaker 3: Later, I think postgame.
Speaker 5: Later in the pregame, and I think Judy actually heard just based on that, he came back over and started yelling towards the NFL network sideline. James Palmer caught a little bit of that. And then even later in the pregame, Steve Smith talk about here we go.
Speaker 7: We had some company on that one.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: I don't know if Russ saw Jerry Judy on that.
Speaker 3: But did you see him? Listen?
Speaker 9: This is a time for me where when I used to play, I would engage and I love that.
Speaker 3: Or right now, I'm forty.
Speaker 9: Four years old, I don't need to have this drama, and I also don't need to have any problems on the sideline for me doing something that will jeopardize not.
Speaker 3: Just me but him.
Speaker 9: And I'll be honest and I have to say it just like this one of the biggest problems we have in media, especially as a young black man and sometimes black on black crime. I'm not gonna participate in that. I'm not gonna engage where the national media can see two young African American men acting like we ain't got no sense.
Speaker 3: He didn't like what I said, That's fine. I wanted to talk to him. He didn't like it, so would move on.
Speaker 9: But I'm one, I'm not gonna lose my job, and two, I'm not gonna disrespect my family by showing that have not matured and handle my business the way I should handle my business. We gotta fight with Kestler London. We got things to do. We ain't got time to be watching a dude do nothing back from the job.
Speaker 7: You know what I love HI about that?
Speaker 3: It is fun.
Speaker 7: There is an element of humor too.
Speaker 6: But like he is, he's he's got fire inside of him, He's got verbal fire, and like you know at the Super Bowl when we were in our hotel, he stayed across from me, and you'd be in your room and you could hear when he's coming in and out of his room. He had some friends and over, and it's like Steve Smith is just like this complete and total original. But I think, honestly like he did try to bring peace to that situation. And he can say all that because he's Steve Smith, because he was this player that was a different type of wide receiver than we've seen, and you got other players coming up and respecting him, and it's like he's trying to make peace with Jerry Judy.
Speaker 7: I think Jerry Judy comes out looking like.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 7: I do man like Jerry Judy.
Speaker 5: But I think I had the perfect response that his was. The first response was like I love that. This is like we're having a therapy session live on air. And that was what that was, is like a man, we've all gotten older and you you still make the same dumb mistakes and have the same emotional outbursts sometimes or do things that when you were younger, but then you calm down a little bit and you realize. And Steve Smith, that's why he brought up his family, respect his family, like he doesn't need to be out here doing things that could jeopardize his job and his family, and he doesn't need to be having this. So he can be as fiery as you are in the moment, but then afterwards he can recognize like, Okay, maybe I shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 2: I need to comment Smith.
Speaker 5: And then but at the very end of that, he point out, you're not gonna do anything in this game.
Speaker 7: I know because he can't. He's got that fire and he can't contain it.
Speaker 6: I love it, but I and Jerry Judy is young and like that, you know a little bit of it, just that it's not.
Speaker 7: A great look for Jerry Judy.
Speaker 3: I think that's unfair to attack Judy. The only thing Judy, I think it's a big deal.
Speaker 7: It's not a it's not a great look.
Speaker 3: He's not a great look. What did he do?
Speaker 2: Well? He got flamed that he didn't do anything.
Speaker 3: Here's what happened. Here's what happened.
Speaker 7: He used a certain language that Steve Smith.
Speaker 3: Here's what happened.
Speaker 4: Steve Smith came went on his podcast and really like denigrated him as a player. And then when Steve approached him on the field, he said, I don't want to deal with you.
Speaker 3: I don't want to that's all he literally all.
Speaker 2: He did see.
Speaker 5: And that's why Steve essentially that was an apology at the end. He was saying like, look, he didn't want to hear me. That's fine, we move on that. That's what he was saying there. He was I know, he didn't say I'm sorry, but he was saying like I should have had my head cooler too. We don't need to be doing this and fighting. And I know it was entertaining.
Speaker 4: I felt, I feel, I love the entertainment value from Steve, but you can't. I did feel for Judy a little bit that he didn't have a microphone and couldn't really kind of go back.
Speaker 3: But I wonder. I'm sure he was asked after the game, and that's fair.
Speaker 6: I mean, I just I guess I'm knowing Steve a little bit, like I kind of think he's just super genuine and he tried to make peace.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's like you just try.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 5: Maybe we can get him on the sideline if we see him on Sunday. He's apparently heading to London.
Speaker 4: Apparently and I also like Greg as men of a certain age. He referred to himself as a young man. So he's forty four.
Speaker 2: That is a good feeling.
Speaker 3: That's right now. It's good for he does all right, good stuff.
Speaker 4: Any other thoughts takeaways from the live show, And again, thank you to everybody for coming out. It was a great time and we don't take it for granted. And you know, we talked about Chris at the end of the show, and we also you know, talked about a little bit right before we went on that sometimes West feels far away, sometimes he feels close like those live shows for whatever reason, it's kind of both at the same time. It's just a little bit it's heavy where it feels like he's kind of with us, but of course he's not. So, but so anything that kind of makes you think of Chris, and I feel like for some reason those live shows, because we're not doing those live shows without the West's contributions all those years to what we've built here.
Speaker 3: So but thank you to everybody for coming out. That was a lot of fun.
Speaker 7: I'm with you.
Speaker 6: I think like before those shows happen, we're back there in the green room and you're kind of like pacing around and kind of getting your final notes together. And I have so many memories of kind of Wes in those moments. And there was one time when he had a couple of beers before the show and we got a fiery West and was.
Speaker 7: I think it was our first live show.
Speaker 6: But we always always as a group, you know, for all our like ups and downs and stuff, and that I think sometimes our podcast was overlooked by our company frankly for a long period of time, and like to go do the live show where certain people and our company didn't even know we were doing it, it's like you're still something is fighting up against the rest of the world.
Speaker 2: Of that thing that continues it does.
Speaker 6: But Wes West was always sort of like defined in that world, and we would always do kind of a group hug before we did it. We did it last night, and like that there's someone missing there. There will always be someone missing. But his memory, like I think, just vibrates through that room because so many of the people there listen to it still because of Wes, and because Wes still is a part of our.
Speaker 5: Show study today I talked to a few people afterwards who, like so many of our listeners say how they had these personal interactions on Instagram and everything with Wes and and how keysh. You know, I mentioned this in the show. I don't know if this is gonna make the Sessler cut. At some point we will release maybe when we're older and no longer working for the NFL, will release the Sessler cut of this live show. But we're still working on the edit that's gonna be cut down. And I think the Q and A just it's not gonna play as well. So it was part of the Q and A that that Keish, you know. She mentioned how much that first trip to London meant so much to him because he had just gotten over his first bat with cancer and it made him realize, like I've done, like we've done something pretty cool in a way that's connected with people that I had no idea, Like this thing I did with my life with this sport that I love, like this is badass. And he came home from that trip and that that show especially Flying and we do too. I love I love the aftermath of those shows, like it's it's a great feeling that that all the listeners give to us that when we get to do it so very grateful.
Speaker 4: Yes, so again thanks to everybody, and we will once we can get it's it's really about like libel lawsuits, certain comments that need to come out before it goes live. But that's all the more reason next time we do a live show to be there in person, because it's unvarnished.
Speaker 3: Cessler.
Speaker 6: I thought I gave you know, deep reporting information factors.
Speaker 3: But what in Transylvania like this time of year?
Speaker 7: Just watched Renfield actually up in the room.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, nice, very nice.
Speaker 7: Nicholas Cage fantastic in it.
Speaker 5: Let's say that for then I will watch basically Eddie Nicholas Cage movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, good stuff.
Speaker 4: Next time you hear from us, well, the live show we believe will get up at some point.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe not. That'll be a surprise to you.
Speaker 5: Mark wanted to make one, sorry, a big announcement on his lock change.
Speaker 6: I just remember, well that's right, Well no, because you know, first of all, I don't need this. I wake up and like I barely check x anymore slash Twitter. But I'm getting destroyed by people saying, like what, you have no guts for taking the niners over there. It was in the lock zone and they're like, oh, you have to forget the lock zone. You guys need to like make it three or four point. Yeah, I don't care what anyone says. I like it moved to ten, and we said all along, if it got out of control, then we change it.
Speaker 7: I'm moving my lock to the Lions.
Speaker 5: Like three and a half has been ordered to be out. So wow, ten is a big number, but it is going to be PJ. Walker, so I guess.
Speaker 4: And I was already on the record if Watson is scratched from the lineup, and that is troubling that he's out still potentially after the bye week, I was moving in locking in with the Cincinnati Zoo for the Bengals this weekend. So I will move there unless Watson's on the field, and in that case I would stand on the Niners.
Speaker 3: But it's not looking that way.
Speaker 4: According to a report of someone that is in the past, especially during all the drama, was very plugged in and on board with the Deshaun Watson express. So yes, that reporter was not be playing all right, there you go, And you know what, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't check. I don't care what you say about my locks.
Speaker 6: It's like we know, any of us know what we're doing here among our going little tribing groups.
Speaker 3: So all right, that's it, Thank you to Kleinman.
Speaker 4: And does does Al ever swing by a Brentwood like in Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: You ever do a little stopover or anything like that? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, not eating vegetables there though.
Speaker 4: Is Bwood one of those places like when the sun goes down, it's time to lock the doors and shut things down for the people that don't know California.
Speaker 6: Yeah, alright, something went on there back in nineteen nine.
Speaker 4: Tell him I miss him on Sunday football. Yes, And I'm sure Al has stories about that particular evening in June and ninety four. All right, that's it. Dan hands a signing off for Quiet Store on the old Boss Climb Dog because he's non intredably after dark till Sunday heat the call