Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Anthony dor set De, Montrey Moore, and new He Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Here we are.
Speaker 3: It is time for the Players Lounge on a tie Monday, here in this time, Monday, dog on it. You know what, man, the fact that they had the Cowboys, Vegas had the Cowboys as a seven point dog feel like victory me. Here's Anthony Dorset, former NFL play very Church, former Dallas Cowboys player. I'm new He scruggs. Have you ever been a part of a tie when you guys play?
Speaker 2: Never? Never? I have never heard that. I've never been a part of in any league?
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, not little league, high school, middle school, worked for you.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Toledo. I see they got that w You've seen that. You know what I mean? Forny Burger, Shout out to Toledo. There you go, but you won't get Toledo a dollar bit and they win a game. He here for him, bro pockets, I mean reached it.
Speaker 5: But now man, never had a tie before and now and like from a players standpoint, I'm like, how does that feel in the locker room when you then went out there? You didn't played this long and it just comes out to be like, Okay, we just tied, you know, And like you heard me say a little bit ago, like why isn't it some type of system where like we just like add up all the yards to track what the defense gave up minus the penalties or whatever, and if we can't come up with a score, like nobody score it in the game, like let the yardage or whatever.
Speaker 2: This is what college got it right.
Speaker 4: I mean, like NFL, there's a lot a lot of things better than the college game does.
Speaker 2: But when it comes to the time that college got it right.
Speaker 4: Man, you ain't gotta have this whole kickoff and go drive the length of the field and set them up at the twenty five. See who's going to score? And if you keep going back and forth, make them go for two. Officially, you're gonna find a dub.
Speaker 2: How many years did you play in the league? Nine nine years? How years you play eight? Eight?
Speaker 3: Okay, so combined between you two dudes, seventeen years seventeen years, not one time. It doesn't really happen that you need to make these adjustments and change the rules, because it rarely happens. If your clock operator was a little different, it wouldn't happened.
Speaker 2: But that's a whole nother situation. You said that little bit, so he ned. I don't know if he can be working next.
Speaker 5: But when it comes out when Buffalo climbs down to those numbers trying to make playoffs or something like that, and you actually got to sit up here and you're looking at the record, and you got.
Speaker 2: That that that over.
Speaker 5: There that ain't in the win, ain't in the w call him in it, and like, how does that measure out?
Speaker 2: NFC opponent, you ain't got nohing.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, I'm saying they've they've got so the league's got all the scenarios of what will happen from breakers, right, all that all that will work its way. But I just and I've heard a lot of it on you know, social media and reading and distinct thing. People want to change rules and the college game got it, dude, I go to those games. It's just ridiculous. You start to see you about fake numbers and stuff. Like, you know, it's a different it's a different game. It's a different game twenty five yards and in and well now you got to go for It's different. I don't think that's what the NFL is about. Hey, you got ten minutes, go get it done. If you can't get it done at ten minutes and you don't, we just go in this thing here. I don't have a problem with it. And to me, the fact they didn't walk off at and t standing with a loss, that was good.
Speaker 4: With that. I don't do it, man, I had him getting blow all, I had m getting blow out.
Speaker 2: We all do this. So the ties of moral victory, Dan, what it like? What lost? I don't do. It's to ten wins. Yeah, got a chance, gag chance, man. I mean, dude, dude, it's you. You. You went out scored forty.
Speaker 3: Okay, Cowboys offense scored thirty eight because it got the two points on the on the on the block block kick. So, uh, your offense gave you enough and this defense still can't hold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that sucks.
Speaker 4: I mean offensively, you're looking at this like, man, look, I can't wait to break the film down. Like we went out there and we did all thing you got. We all talked about this offensive line. How many injuries you lost. You lost your stud, stud rookie guard. All right, you know the centers out injury Cooper game, the injuries during the game, and it's surprising nights hurt.
Speaker 2: During the hurt.
Speaker 3: You gotta put Nate Tom's out there. You got Micah coming who had for forty eight plays, and dude, all the John Garry I mean CDs sitting over all that they had going against him, the offense had to show.
Speaker 2: They did. They scored on seven of ten drives they had. Yeah, they didn't lose.
Speaker 5: Hey, look that's Williams is running behind them pass son.
Speaker 2: He looks they do that. That contact many pieces of him. Man. And like we.
Speaker 5: Said in the chat, number three, come on, man, number three showed up major.
Speaker 2: He did major. So we gonna get into pickings letter the second we will die in the pickings.
Speaker 3: But but for Javonte twenty carries eighty five yards four point three yard average, and a touchdown. Here the Cowboys in terms of running the football, twenty six carries one sixteen I mean one hundred seventeen yards four point five yard the average right there, Green Bay on the other side with thirty five for one sixty four terms of running the ball four point seven.
Speaker 2: So Shody.
Speaker 3: Coming into the year, the head coach said, we want to be a running football team.
Speaker 2: They're doing that.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, they're doing that. And they've got a guy. They hit a lot of dudes. You look, well, we're gonna try this guy here, try this guy there. Here's a guy that they did hit on the running back. Yeah, but I go back in this. The offense had to go and play next level. They did this defense. I'm sorry. They score, and I mean they score right there at the end of the fourth and you're like, but you can't be had.
Speaker 4: You can't look at this defensively and be like, man, we tied them. Like offense, you look at it a whole different scope.
Speaker 2: Defensively, you're like, man, we just gave a forty. That's what they do though, That's what it is. You can't you can't stop.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, we haven't stopped anybody all year. You have it, no and so, and it's it's not starting right now either. Unfortunately the secondary. It doesn't matter who's playing right now.
Speaker 2: You know. Bland came back. He had some decent snaps, but everybody got beat yesterday, you know.
Speaker 5: So it's it's one of those type of things whereas you know, like we keep talking about the help, we keep talking about what's going to happen back there, they something has to happen besides what they have in house, or somebody gonna have to get healthy.
Speaker 2: As the rebel kid we waiting on.
Speaker 3: To come back wouldn't do that, right, Okay, So despite all these losses on offense that you had to deal with key players you put. You put thirty eight up of the forty. You did your part. Now look at these numbers defensively, okay, just going by by the long, Okay, for these for these guys receivers for Dobs long catch eighteen, Golden forty six yard long catch, Crap sixteen yard long catch, Jacob's twenty eight yards long catch, Wilson twenty five yards, Williams sixteen yards, wicks Uh fifteen yards, and then you had Heath who had not had note, I mean, dudes are just big plays and explosive plays are happening left and it's.
Speaker 2: Just back to back. Oh Chicago, there was four players.
Speaker 4: On that Chicago offense that had catches over thirty thirty more.
Speaker 3: I mean so so schooling on you said, bombs over back down, It's still happening.
Speaker 2: So all this is happening here.
Speaker 5: Your what's your one name coverage now too as well. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We didn't try to simplify like that. We only got one word now for it.
Speaker 4: I will say kudos a little bit defensively to their rotating cats.
Speaker 2: You saw it out there.
Speaker 4: They ain't just saying, you know what, y'all got the big money, we're gonna have to play all now.
Speaker 2: They rotating cats in there? Now, was it, you know, a great showing.
Speaker 4: No, the pass was towed up a little bit, a little bit better than what we've seen so far this season. So the pass row showed up a little bit. But I mean tackling was god awful.
Speaker 3: How witnessing it and being in Chicago like I was last week, this feels like a win because it was so bad and it was like, what are you guys doing? You in locking me talking to people? My goodness, great, this is about this is about to be a top ten draft. That's the way it looked and felt in Chicago. And a week later, Okay, now you got the Jets. You got Carolina, maybe you can win these games. Maybe how they gonna come out and play though.
Speaker 4: You're right, you're you're right defensively.
Speaker 2: I wasn't seeing this.
Speaker 3: It was like Atlanta, Atlanta got dragged by Carolina last week, that they come up with a win.
Speaker 2: The Giants bench Russell Wilson, they it gets there against Herban the boys. So so I'm just sitting here, like, man to me, this is a win.
Speaker 3: I should say, it's not a loss, because everything you were doing said you should be losing in so many ways. What was going against you sitting Not only should you you should have loved bad. They didn't. The don't go crowd ain't even in your faith, were trying to a big player.
Speaker 4: Well I heard it too. I was in the go pack go. I'm we were there, travel right. Whoa, there's a lot of green out there.
Speaker 2: We were the man they were showing up in the parking lot, came on out there. You know.
Speaker 3: It was it was almost like it was ah the beginning. You hey, guys, buying a bunch of tickets wrong, going down to Texas.
Speaker 2: You're a little warmer down there.
Speaker 3: They sure enough this So there were a lot of things in this game, man, And this is why it on gamble A D.
Speaker 2: I just have a big old packers. Yeah, and the spread like give me bread it over. Yes.
Speaker 3: I thought Michael Parsons were gonna come in here doing Luca hit fifty on them like looking there for the Mavericks when you came to the Lakes.
Speaker 2: That didn't happen. They did well with Michael, they did well, Nate Thomas, Guidon Steel.
Speaker 3: Then it hild their own man Smith's out here diving and try to get I mean the guys doing their job. I'm telling you, man, the game plan from shoddy offensively and the way he called plays, man, they were just a lot I looked at.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of positives.
Speaker 3: That I looked at this thing and they showed me something because I'm telling you man, in Chicago and a lot of crawling man.
Speaker 4: The way they was able to mix it up screens to the running back lance, deep shots you get off on their toe, And.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm just going to say.
Speaker 5: You know, as a former player, you know when that when when when the office is running like that and you can't get a bead on them. You can study video all day you can study film, but if a coordinator is calling the game like that and keeping you just off balance as a defense, so long.
Speaker 2: We get a little love.
Speaker 4: Even though we hound on this man, especially me tober Tolbert kind of stepped up a little bit last week or last night. He stepped up a little bit later. I ain't gonna say he was outstanding. He was the greatest thing ever. But he made plays when his numbers was called as he's supposed to this exactly exactly, So definitely, look, look, look, look.
Speaker 3: Man, I give him a whole ton of credit. Man, a whole ton of credit because we have been we have been tough on Tolbur. There have been certain shows where they said you should trade it, Tolburn, you know, trade this guy, move him on here. The guy made the kind of catches that you were hoping he was going to make when you used a third round pick for him.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: And you're here now entering toward the end of your your your contract. Here's a rookie contract. Show something. The guy's sitting here showing you something. And all the time and you guys played in the league where they say next man up, next man up, do something with your opportunity.
Speaker 2: The guy did it. He did it. And as I.
Speaker 3: Was thinking, okay, man goad to start thinking about Mingo around here, it was about Mingo time.
Speaker 2: And guess what right now Mingo starts this week or if he was healthy, come back this week. I would play him over Tobert told a nice job. He got some momentum going.
Speaker 5: And you gotta, you know, with everybody waiting for him to come and get this type of game, now he has one. You gotta keep feeding and keeping see if the momentum keeps going from as well.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: I mean once again, you have to do your part, you know, do your part. Be a goos with old limes, did pat pat Rice, you got to be active participat in your own rescue.
Speaker 2: And for Jalen Tolbert trying to.
Speaker 3: Get your career straight and get where you need to be, he showed up, you know, he showed up. Cavante Turpin as a as a receiver was making plays getting over there. I mean, Dak was trusting in there, and they were doing their jobs. And I'll say this now kind of going back and looking a little bit at Chicago when they couldn't get it straight, they got it straight a week later with some of these receivers, this is what's expected you, especially with Ceedee Lamb going out so early in the Chicago game.
Speaker 2: These guys had a week of practice.
Speaker 3: They looked like they knew what they were doing and they made they They made the kind of contribution to say, okay, man, you can work with this. And I know it's a weekly bring this effort against the Jets. Figure out how to make some stops. Get yourself in a win con.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you who's not week to week th This dude, when healthy is outstanding. And I'm talking about Dak Prescott. When this man is healthy, he is one of the best quarterbacks in the league.
Speaker 3: Because the Dak Prescott George Pickens connection, I want to dive into that and how both men are playing and showing us what they're doing with their opportunity. Anthony Dorsett is here. He's Bury Church on New he Scruggs. You're listening to the players. Lone brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 7: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys the casino games developed by Aristocrat, a prown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over. It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 7: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 8: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two.
Speaker 2: See it in action.
Speaker 8: At at and t Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and nove number twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season.
Speaker 2: That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsively.
Speaker 9: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys Collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss, just in time for kickoff. Gear up and standout styles that show your team pride with.
Speaker 2: A bold edge.
Speaker 9: Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss, Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 2: To the players, loud.
Speaker 3: Yo, everybody, Hey, Cowboy Nation. Cowboy schedules here and the tickets they're still available. If you were there last night, you saw a good game. There's still more games coming your way. You still have the Eagles coming to town, The Commanders are coming to town. Plus the Chiefs, the Chargers, the Vikings, the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: They're coming to town.
Speaker 3: Visit DWAs Cowboys dot com, slash tickets or seat geek dot com, the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: You're in the players line. Bat you by Aristocrat Gaming.
Speaker 3: You got Buried Joe or you got Anthony dor set for the NFL player and son of NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame Heisman Trophy winning legend Tony Door set number thirty three.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, another Pittsburgh. You know what I mean. Representile here. Just let just let y'all know we.
Speaker 4: Do things in the bird Man produced talent.
Speaker 2: Hurt Is good Man.
Speaker 3: I remember how old enough remember they had a baseball team. It was good Man Pirates Man. The Pirates used to be.
Speaker 2: Good Willy Star.
Speaker 3: Only everybody Barry Parker. They parked the Kobra who just got in the Hall of Fame. Unfortunately got into the Hall of Fame. They should have hapened ten years ago when he was a healthy and soundbody. And everybody but Barry Bob who's the other boy with.
Speaker 2: Dress? Yeah, but cutching getting up. I'm surprised they get with skins in a little bit like it's this man. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But when we talk about baseball, frames legendary baseball franchise on the Pittsburgh Pirates, you ever look up just the lineage and the great players, it's it's a true baseball town.
Speaker 2: Clement.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean, if you think about it, I mean as great as the Steelers are, and they mean the world.
Speaker 2: To the city.
Speaker 3: Now, Pittsburgh's Steelers stump for forty years. The first forty years ago, it was the Pirates that were carrying the city. Just a shame that so many people now they were I have not been.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful, man, that backdrop man over there, go over there, walk on doorstair road over there. Check you out, Sure, check him out, walk on.
Speaker 3: I did not know that. Please, as always tell your father. I said, hello, love that dude, man, Love that dude. Players Lounge brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. The Dallas Cowboys on a Monday here forty forty tie against the Green Bay Packers, a game in which they were supposed to get beat by seven. It did not happen. Let's dive into dak Prescott, Dakota. Forty attempts, thirty one completions, three hundred and nineteen yards, three touchdowns through the air and one rushing touchdown. Four touchdowns by Dak led the offense to scoring drives seven of the ten possessions that they had.
Speaker 2: You cannot ask Dak to do anymore.
Speaker 3: I am of the opinion if Jake Ferguson could have just held out a little longer on that block against Michael Parsons, I believe that he would go there for the touchdown. It didn't happen, allowed Michael Parsons to come and track back down.
Speaker 4: They gave him a sack after. But I see it looked like he was above the black line to me. But you know what.
Speaker 2: Is fund the cowboy was. You know, Jerry probably go myself. He sent it to the league. Let's look at that. Let's look right there is that did he get there? You know, do a little review to take the sack away? Now, petty, But.
Speaker 3: Dak Prescott sensation on the football game without his number one receiver c C. D Lamb, not uh missing two offensive starters on on the line, his center and right guard on back one time during yes, during the game, Uh losing another offensive line and Nate Thomas had to come in and play some right and left tackle in the game with Michaeh Parsons and Rashawn Gary coming down after you kept getting the ball away very quickly. I'm not saying he is, but I'm saying, reminded me of how you couldn't get to Tom Brady because yep, I know it's coming when the ball out boom, You're not getting to me. You're getting close, but you're not going to get me. I'm not going to make mistakes. I thought Dak Prescott did everything he could win the football game.
Speaker 2: I thought it was sensation. Yeah, he was unbelievable.
Speaker 4: And I believe we both hit on this the yety cool customer, because I think you had the old lineman like yeah, off the line they played outstanding and Dak Prescott, you know, like I said on Friday, he's gonna have to put the team on the shoulders, and he did just.
Speaker 2: That in this ball game.
Speaker 4: When you look at it, I mean, this isn't a scrub defense over there like this, this defense is loaded.
Speaker 2: We've seen what they did to Detroit.
Speaker 4: You know this team, this is one of the best defenses in the National Football League, and this offense left.
Speaker 2: By Dak Prescott kind of dissected him, picked him apart.
Speaker 4: When you look at it, the combination of Dak Prescott's execution out there and Schottenheimer's play calling was it was a marriage made in heaven right there. I mean, when you looked at it, they kept Green Bay off balance the running game every now and there was a three yards in a cloud of dust. But when you got that play action, Dak Prescott, one of the best play action quarterbacks in the league, was able to pick him apart.
Speaker 2: And it's not like, yeah, I understand Pickings went crazy. He had. He had a heck of a day. I understand that. But but Dak was spreading the wealth everywhere.
Speaker 4: I mean, we saw toll Burt get his couple catches, We saw Turpin doing his thing out there. If you got a few for anoy, for nooy, A guy that was on a practice squad was out there making big plays as well.
Speaker 2: I mean, it just it.
Speaker 4: Whatever the case, whatever Dallas or Dallas needed from in that situation, Dak was able to produce for him. Whether it was using his legs, getting in the pocket, all that type of stuff. He played unbelievable eight players, eight different players compass.
Speaker 2: That's that's remarkable.
Speaker 5: But it goes back to a few years ago when he was running out for MVP. And the one thing that you keep saying, if number four is healthy.
Speaker 2: He's that guy. Man, what type of player is he?
Speaker 5: And if he's healthy, he's one of the best players in the NFL, you know. And so that being said, he came out there yesterday and he's been doing it all year so far, but not to have a let down yesterday that the scram will play at the end of the game, towards the end of the game where he threw that ball to Tober that you're talking.
Speaker 2: About while getting hit. Come on, man, I was crazy.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's almost like and I hate to bring up another player, but that's like we've seen Patrick Mahomes make those types of players where he's like almost vertical horizontal, I mean, and throwing the ball like that. So to see Dak and just to understand like the progression that he's taken over the years and to see how the improvement continues.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, listen, if the defense.
Speaker 5: Can just they Swiss cheese yo, I mean, but I mean, this man can go out there and put up thirty points if he has to you could put up forty points if he has to, if this defense has just come together a little bit on the back end and just slow things down just a little bit, you know, with the run game the way that it is with Pickings playing and CD gonna come back. Those two together, once they figure out how to get that synergy working with both.
Speaker 2: Of them in the game, it's gonna be crazy. It's gonna be so crazy.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go just some numbers wise, we kind of look at the offense. Green Bay was giving up the first in the league in points aloud, okay, fourteen point five. Boys got thirty eight on them yards per game, third in the league, giving up two hundred and thirty two a game.
Speaker 2: Cowboys went out. They got four hundred and thirty six on them.
Speaker 3: You're rushing Green Bay third in the league, only giving up sixty four yards a game. Cowboys went out and took one seventeen on then net passing yards. Green Bay seventh in the NFL one hundred and sixty eight. Cowboys went out, they got three nineteen. It comes to interceptions, they were tied for eleventh in the league.
Speaker 2: None.
Speaker 3: They didn't get any fumble recoveries. Green Bay didn't have any Cowboys didn't give any takeaways. They were twenty first in the league. The Packers were defensiween two. They didn't get any sacks. They were fifth in the league with ten to fifth. They only got one, and we were looking at that like questionable, questionable. The one thing where they did hold up very well it was on third downs. The Packer defense was six in the league, giving up thirty one point eight on third down.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys were thirty six four of eleven.
Speaker 3: So they they got more than they beat them for their average, but overall, and they go back as offensively man offensively, you cannot argue what the Cowboys did. And then looking here at red zone percentage, Green Bay was tied for fifth in the league forty two point nine, so only forty three percent Cowboys when I got eighty percent four or five in the red zone. And and once again the one they didn't get. If Ferguson could have just even just pushed just a little just a little bit shy to throw your body in a way, you know, do yeah, a little just a little bit more, half second more, it's five and five.
Speaker 2: He's in there. So this is a good Green Bay defense.
Speaker 3: And I know, I know you guys don't want to hear about ties, more victories and all that.
Speaker 2: But do this. You can win games.
Speaker 3: Do this and get some of these guys back, find some help on DYEA, you know, then stop shooting yourself. Hey, Sam names, can we not face mask when we finally.
Speaker 2: Get home, Tobody tell Larrus what was his name? Mirrors Leah File.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, that ball was on the ground sixteen seconds and you go off on my boy.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, that was that was huge.
Speaker 3: That was a huge, unneeded lick. Like, well, when we do what we're doing, man, I mean, film session will be interesting with that one.
Speaker 4: Oh they gotta they gotta rewind it and get that vision going.
Speaker 2: This is this is unacceptable, right, I was cussing. I was sitting there watching cussing, like what you're doing, man, But you know how it is exactly. Let me get a piece of this. Let me sold little something right and unfortunately it's just a little it's way too late.
Speaker 5: You had a little way wait, boy hit the ground two times about around.
Speaker 4: Ref about to pick it up, right, Come on, man, Yeah, what you were doing was petty.
Speaker 3: This was petty and this like, this is not what's needed right now, and they're looking at giving you more opportunities. But this, you guys played, When the coaches see this in the film session, how does that affect how does that affect the player? When the coaches and everybody, now you've got more and more time to digest how long that thing was on the ground, how far past the player?
Speaker 4: And they're gonna play it in slow motion, so it's gonna make it seem like the ball was sitting there forever. But if you live like you said, this is your opportunity to go out there and make a name for So make a play. They sat the moon Clark, this game healthy scratch for Marius and those young guys that go in there and get.
Speaker 2: Some burn, and you gotta take advantage of it. You can't be making plays like that to hurt your team.
Speaker 5: But you said it right there, those young guys, you that's that's that's more of a young player mistake right there than anything you know, and just being caught up in the Florida game and just wantn't to make a play like we said a minute ago. But like with anything else, it doesn't matter how old you are, how young you are at crucial points in the game. You gotta be tuned in and keyed into what's actually going that.
Speaker 3: You talk all the time about the mental game. Mental that right there for Lea Foule, that was a bad mental mistake that you can't have where it affects everyone on the team and going forward, you just can't have that. And if you got a lick you want to give somebody, man, you just can't do it.
Speaker 5: You got that selfish smart It's stunning experience for him and I'm sure, like with it happening like this, I'm sure it'd be something that he won't do again.
Speaker 3: George Pickens eleven targets, eight catches, one hundred and thirty four yard sixteen point eight yard average, long was twenty eight and he had two touchdowns in the game. This is a young man who is a free agent. And I know, I know all day long for people who are upset that Micah Parsons isn't here. Jerry said he needed money to pay other people. This is a young man I think you would pay. I heard Babe Laffenberg before the game saying that, hey, everybody's thinking and saying that George Pickens is a number one.
Speaker 2: He said, I don't think he's a number one. I think he's a number two. But he's going to get the opportunity.
Speaker 3: And I agree with Babe Laffenberg and after this game, oh, this is guy's this guy is worthy of being a number one because that's a good defense and he is a problem with anything. You guys tell me, did he get enough targets when you look at eleven?
Speaker 2: Go ahead? Yeah, I definitely think he you know, what are we going to do? That could have had me some more.
Speaker 5: But with the eleven catches that he got, the eleven targets that he got, he showed his butt out there. Those contested catches were not easy catches, not at all, and the concentration that he had on the ball, but.
Speaker 2: Just just the overall the step up that he did.
Speaker 5: And I don't know what Babe saw, I don't know what you saw, but I saw this boy was the number one when he was in Pittsburgh. He just had to get whatever is together with the attitude and everything else that was going on there. But the talent speaks for itself, you know, so I definitely think that, you know, he showed up big time man and like I said earlier, when they figure out how to get him and CD back to play together, and if they could figure out how to make the offense run through them, and they got that running game, it's scary.
Speaker 3: So go back to what you said he had number He has number one talent, but he hadn't shown it to you. You know, there's no Pro Bowls like the things that you're in Pittsburgh. And that is a very fair, honest assessment. But I'll say this, and you know a guy you know very well. You know too, Tim Brown. Tim Brown said, men, sometimes the receiver, you got.
Speaker 2: To make the guy look good.
Speaker 3: He talking about the dudes he played with, the Billy Joe Hobert to the words, I mean, I didn't play with some. I played with him some Iffies and still and he put up Hall of Fame numbers with Iffy's.
Speaker 5: So that's a Heisman Trophy winner. That boy different that you know, he's different. Everybody ain't gonna be like that.
Speaker 2: Brown, and I go back and put Bill Parcels.
Speaker 3: You say right here, I like, go buys what I see, And what I saw was a guy who wasn't making Pro Bowls. He has potential and talent, And yesterday here's a Pro Bowl quarterback who's finding him and we're seeing it, and so what I see?
Speaker 2: What I saw?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you can be that guy because they had to cover him and there was no CD lamb.
Speaker 2: All right, dude was blind. I won't say this, though, I will say this. Is he talented?
Speaker 4: Of course, athletic ability, range, catching, all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: The one thing about pickings And it's been like this since he was in Pittsburgh and now he's in in Dallas.
Speaker 2: Is this man consistent? Can he give you the consistent production? We looked at it.
Speaker 4: This is now grim, This is a this is a week removed from balls tipping off his hands in interceptions, Trust, trust, time, proof and consistency. That that is trust. And have we seen it from picking? So far he's shown he's always been a flash player. He's been you know, man, he can he can hit the highest of the highest, but he can also hit the lowest of the lows.
Speaker 2: So one game, I'm not going to.
Speaker 5: Sit here and be like man City was out there dropping balls and everything up here.
Speaker 2: Also, all promo.
Speaker 5: Has been in this house has had, this type of quarterback has had, has had a system that actually fed him, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And so it goes back to the opportunities. So they weren't feeding him this Burg. So I was trying to keep him the number one in Pittsburgh. But who is the quarterback? Did he have a Pipbold quarterback? We talked about Russell Wilson. You're talking about you. What's my man name? In the jest? Now you're both right here.
Speaker 3: I like what you're saying, Hey, look at what he had in Pittsburgh. Kind of hard to say. Can you be a one when you get got dudes who are all either suspect or on their way out like the way Russ was. But I also agree with what you're saying, is hey, look we like this. Can you do it again? And that's what he said, doesn't do.
Speaker 2: It again, Carolina with see, he's gonna miss some more.
Speaker 3: This is follow this thing up, and we know Aaron Glenn is gonna have something for him coming up with a jestus, let's see it.
Speaker 2: But I'm also where you're going.
Speaker 3: Here is where I'm like, oh the potential, Yes, it's here, it's boy, it's here. I was skeptical because I just hadn't seen it in terms of being I want to show me the Pro Bowl, show me all if that goes with it, it says you'ary one to me. It's almost like a picture and Baked talk about this. It's like an ace. You know, just because you're the number one picture on your baseball team don't mean you really an ace in the game. Ace is a guy with hey Man, that dude is let's show hey yeah, Ace right here. You know, Jake the ground, I get that dude. As Bob gets a Clayton Kershank Ace with George Pickts. Some people were saying he was a I don't know yet. I need to see a little more what I saw last night. Put together some more stars like that. You're gonna be not be an age, You're gonna get paid. May want to go ahead, but I love the potential and the connection of him sitting next to Dak Prescott in that locker room. The you can see where they have a true bond and connection and board. That was pretty cool to watch. The challenge for Shoty is when Ceedee Lamb comes back, how.
Speaker 2: You feed these two dudes. That's why I'm talking about that synergy. How you gonna figure out and that's real. That one thing we know about Pickings. He can be that dude in the locksop man.
Speaker 4: If he ain't getting it, he can he ain't getting it now he's like, oh, y'all seeing I can do this, And y'all, I mean.
Speaker 2: That's a J. Brown. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 6: A J.
Speaker 4: Brown?
Speaker 2: Man? I hope not.
Speaker 3: That Philadelphia Eagle receiver AJ. But do you have two catches yesterday?
Speaker 2: Target they win the game. He's not happy you're gonna defeat it spl Champ. But this with him, for this ain't the first time he hate super Bold Champ.
Speaker 5: We're talking about the DEVA positions and you out here, I gotta get mine.
Speaker 2: I gotta get mine. I gotta get mine. Like that's the most selfish. And then no, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not in that lot of the room, so I can't say if he went over to people or not and trying to discuss this.
Speaker 2: But come on, you feeding the media fire for this. You're eating books on the sideline left, like you know what's going to happen when you do these type of things.
Speaker 3: Aryl Lown's playbook man, It's like, come on, the lebron James Twitter playbook.
Speaker 2: I can't like that. Man. This ain't golf, This ain't this ain't tennis, this ain't track and field. This is a more what.
Speaker 5: But as a player, you know, you can't be mad at the dude who wanted to be a part of it and try to contribute and and and like and honestly, the star player that he is, you know, at some point in time, if he wasn't making some noise and be like, hey, get me involved with it. Regardless we're winning, you want to contribute, you know.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent, right, keep that in the house. That's my Yeah, you keep it in house.
Speaker 3: That part is you can be bad, right, There are places to go do this on a team. I remember John Stalworth was mad after a game with the Steelers. They went me, you mind, JJ was on John Saworth all the teams that won four Super Bowls.
Speaker 2: He mad, and Chuck though, what you're mad about? We won the game and he said, I'd like to think we can do both.
Speaker 3: Chuck feed me my, that's wow. You think about the steal it was Frank o'harris. I mean, you know this and everything that they have, But dude, this has been going on forever.
Speaker 10: Today.
Speaker 3: Man, my receiver is not happy about what they have. But I'm with you Church in terms of this is a team that is winning. You're four and oh you're not playing best football? Taking it to the to this outlet is it selfish?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Cryptic tweets?
Speaker 5: Come on, man, but he's done this before daily hers, then is a friction.
Speaker 2: Between you and Brown and hers answer these questions. I'm so it's take one.
Speaker 4: Ain't balling, man, I don't know if you went over one hundred yet take one. Strap them up next week.
Speaker 2: Let's go. It's man, it is what it is. It is what it is.
Speaker 3: It's also disappointing because you're a world champion and it's still not enough.
Speaker 2: You pay your world champion, you pay what else? What else?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 2: New organizations they allow it though.
Speaker 5: It ain't nobody. Ain't nobody checked them, put them in place. Ain't nobody said the conduct detrimental to the team. If you're doing this, it's.
Speaker 3: Like, well, let's head coach, that's on, Nick, Siriann you go lead, go lead, you go lead, all right, the head coach, you go do that. Your new offensive coordinator shouldn't be the person to do it. Don't make your quarterback, jump out here, get on the receiver. You go out here as the head coach and tell him, Man, sit down and be quiet before I sit you down, because at the end of the day, we're trying to win championships.
Speaker 2: Ship with the s right every time to go.
Speaker 3: When you're back to back, everybody, you look at the way the NFC East is right now, and if they can continue to get better because right now they're not playing their best football.
Speaker 2: Therefore, and oh you might have another opportunity to go back and get you another Lombardy. There you go, another Lombardy. All right, that's tough, man.
Speaker 3: We gotta get one more break in here, one more break in here. Defensively, who needs to improve as they get ready to go to the dos, dive into that door, said Mary Church on New Schrugs Players Lounge by Aristocrat.
Speaker 10: Gaming life is a workout. Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery. With forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients in the Gladiator smooth available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie kip Hey.
Speaker 2: They're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 7: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys Them casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's twenty eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 11: It's game day and raising games. If you want to order like a chail, it's action off the field. You need to focus off. The only player you're running is chicken. So what conbo are you picking? Make it a perfect season? We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order, chicken fingers and cane sauce and jugs are freshly made tea and lemonade, all available to order online or on our a. This season is about to be unbeatable, Raising canes, chicken fingers, one love.
Speaker 6: Hey Cowboy fans. Keith Davis here, former Cowboys Savany Davis.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 6: You know what separates Hamptons from the rest making the right move at the right moment. The blockchain dot Com. That's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking bold when.
Speaker 2: It mattered most.
Speaker 6: Now it's your turn invests like your icons with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's Blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the Players Loud.
Speaker 3: Players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. You got Barry Church, Anthony Dorset, I knew he Scruggs Trade Moore decided to Uh, he's off, tod It's okay.
Speaker 2: More talk time for everybody else.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Congratulations, see your aggies they beat off.
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 3: The defensively, Kenneth Murray. We're feeling about Kenneth Murray at the linebacks.
Speaker 4: All of them cast at that second level. They the way they're tackling out there.
Speaker 2: Man, it's it's.
Speaker 4: Malpractice, man. Too many arm tackles. You how many mistackles they had yesterday.
Speaker 3: He's another guy where you know you were taking a shot. You know, he took a shot. So while Javonte Williams is working out, he took a shot on him. Kenneth Murray, you look at m elim is another guy Dorset you've been talking about.
Speaker 2: Since you know.
Speaker 3: It's it's uh, it's it's some challenges defensively, man, it's challenging.
Speaker 2: Nobody's nobody's hit that they thought would they gave kind of like a one year dealer. Yeah, you see it. He's stiff. It's questionable.
Speaker 5: And like just like Church said, once you get and I mean the first level is questionable to let's let's get to keep it. But uh, you know, like getting getting to that second level and now going to the secondary. Uh you know, of course, the big thing was like Blaine is coming back, We're gonna get some help. Yeah it didn't matter, you know what I mean. And unfortunately it didn't matter.
Speaker 2: I'll say it matter a little bit. I mean how many yards passing they half? He had three hundred and thirty yards, Unlike he's setting the career highs like Caleb.
Speaker 5: You know, talk about it all time, and we know in the defensive media room there there's numbers that are set up like Okay, we're giving up this many yards rushing. Well, you know, like you want to stay under these certain things like giving up three hundred yards passing three hundred and fifty yards pass it's not a win for the defense at all, and especially for the secondary. So regardless of how you look at it, you know, like whatever's going on back there, I think that right now one of the things that's going on with Kayir is that I think that he's just uncomfortable and uncomfortable not being in the secondary, but just uncomfortable with the past few years how everything has been going and now the direction that the season is going in, you know, and just giving up so many deep balls already, and unfortunately, you know, like I know, being in the secondary, if you're not comfortable with your technique, if you're not if you're not secure and like really confident.
Speaker 2: About with yessing all the time, it's over with, you know.
Speaker 5: And so the boys big, he has speed, he has everything that you need to play the position.
Speaker 2: It's just a technical thing right now. And mental and to.
Speaker 4: Me, it's like, what's worrisome as these explosives have yet to go away. I mean, you know, in Philadelphia they did a good job zone covers, they kept everything in front of them, no really big time explosives, and it kept the game close. But since what New York or Chicago and now Green Bay the explosives. I mean, you're giving up five, six, seven explosives a game and that'll get your beat. You could live with, you know, keeping a team at the twenty yard line and forced them to drive eighty yards, you know, dnking and dunking like because eventually offense is gonna get tired of that and they're gonna they're gonna.
Speaker 2: Make a mistake.
Speaker 4: But they you don't give them an opportunity to make a mistake when these explosives continue to rack up game after game after game.
Speaker 3: All right, we got money at football, right, And if you're a Cowboy fan, you want to make sure you're watching the first game because the Jets are at Miami the O and three bowls going out here.
Speaker 2: I said, brother, I think I might pass.
Speaker 3: So Aaron Glenn is fine because he's in his first year's head coach coach sold down in Miami.
Speaker 2: Is feeling on your way out, coach.
Speaker 3: So Miami's favorite here. So so where we're gonna go?
Speaker 2: Here Church they see me? What what what's the rankings looking like? So far? You got him on you buy any chance?
Speaker 4: Well until he gets the ranking going, yeah, give me one second, I'll go ahead.
Speaker 2: What's the first New York in Miami? It's in Miami. It is down in Florida.
Speaker 4: Man, give me, give me the Jets. Man, give me the fields coming back, Give me the Jets. Twenty to seventeen.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go Miami. Give me Miami, Give Miami. Twenty four twenty one.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, yeah, yo, down there in Florida. I'm just gonna say, you gotta get the heat. And they talk about fireing old boy here.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna go with Miami winning this one twenty four in a close game here twenty four.
Speaker 2: Twenty three, right there to the end.
Speaker 3: We got the Cincinnati Bengals at the Denver Bronko. Denver is a tough place to win a football game. We know this mile high stadium. Theron the Bills, right, I mean Bills, but the Bengals are two and one, Broncos are one and two.
Speaker 2: I'll start at first.
Speaker 3: Give me Denver to win here. You cannot go one and three. You cannot lose this game at home. So I'm gonna say Denver gets on the board twenty seven to sixteen.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Cincinnati with all Joe Burr who they've been looking ugly, So give me. Give me the Broncos in this one. Twenty four to twenty one.
Speaker 2: I'll ride the Broncos two.
Speaker 11: No Burrow.
Speaker 2: And Cincinnati just been having a hard road. Let me get uh, let me go twenty one eighteen, close game, gotta keeping it close. Yeah, this is this is this is this is Denver. You just one in three and losing at home. It's just something you can't do. You can't go. Can't go to one and three and lose on that division. Thank you. And then you saw the Chargers get a lost yesterday. Raiders got a loss here, Kansas City looked good. Baltimore with its own issues, Gino three picks yesterday. Man, I don't know g with it.
Speaker 5: Man, You know he said he ain't right back, but she looked like he said yes, text meads.
Speaker 12: Stuff y'all want the standings. Yeah right, real quick, Church is in the league. You went, you're so far, you're eighteen and eight on your picks.
Speaker 2: Let's go take it to the bank. Okay.
Speaker 12: Uh, Newie and Anthony are tied now. Anthony went six and one last week. By the way, Oh, I just the Green Bay Packer Dallas game. I pushed because it was a tie.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was a push.
Speaker 12: So and then the absent one, Oh, I'm sorry, you guys are sixteen, uh seventeen and nine all right behind me by one game, okay, and just letting you know, he picked the Jets and you picked maamson that.
Speaker 2: Game right there. I'm watching that.
Speaker 12: And then the absent one is uh ten and sixteen. He went four and three this week. You went five and two this week.
Speaker 2: There, he's a muddle old game. Gonna be close? Huh hey man captain.
Speaker 5: Bringing up yeah, you know he said it was gonna be close, and he actually pucked Cowboys and he.
Speaker 12: Longs yeah, yeah, yeah, you say no more victories, man, text me his picks for this week or for this night's games. He has the Jets twenty four to sixteen, and he's still typing the first score.
Speaker 2: No man, we'll get him on We'll get him tomorrow, get him on the backside. You know what that door said.
Speaker 3: We appreciate your church, appreciate you. I'm Scruggs. Thanks to Chris Bey and everybody else a part of it. This is plays Lage, Bite Me Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.