Speaker 1: This podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arth, and today we're joined by Steve Giannis, cal Randall, Brody and Seth. This is episode two of the twenty twenty four Meat Eater Trivia Championship. This championship will span three episodes. Whoever has the most points after thirty questions will be declared the twenty twenty four Meat Eater Trivia Champion. So if you're behind on the show, pause this one and go back and listen to last week's episode. All right, everybody's caught up now the entire episode. The entire championship is sponsored by Athletic Brewing, who will be matching Meat Eater's donation and sponsoring three moneyball questions. The winner will get to choose where the three thousand dollars donation goes, the biggest dollar in Meat Eater Trivia history, and combining the moneyball questions, this year's championship has a donation potential of four thousand, two hundred dollars. I feel like it kind of looked from this episode two is a tough start.
Speaker 3: We've had.
Speaker 2: Brody bump the camera and Phil has had to readjust it now. There are no stats, I, FAQs or housekeeping this week, but we will get a scoreboard update from Phil the engineer. Phil, what does the leader board look like after round one of the championship.
Speaker 4: Let's pull it up here.
Speaker 5: We are Seth Morris has five points, Giannis Putellis has six, Ryan Callahan and Stephen Ronella have seven points apiece. Brodie Henderson has eight, and Randall Williams is in first place with nine points.
Speaker 2: We had some long faces after round one, but I remind everyone that this game could change very quickly. Last year Randall only got four right in round one, but got nine in round two to give Stephen Brody a scare. Also, last year, Brody went into Game two with a one point lead on Steve, just for Steve to end up winning by one. So everyone still has a chance.
Speaker 3: Remember that, Oh yeah, I forgot.
Speaker 6: I remember getting those nine points and thinking we shouldn't have done this whole cumulative thing.
Speaker 2: It'd have been amazing if you would have gotten a perfect game and still lost.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that would have been amazing.
Speaker 2: Be fun, all right, Besides getting to make the biggest donation and media to trivia history. The winner will get their name on our twenty on our Meat Eater Trivia Champion plaque that hangs in the studio. Brody has the twenty twenty two winner plaque. Steve has the twenty twenty three winner plaque. Like so long ago, they're the only names on the trophy, which was made by our late friend Ed Newman's. This is what you boys are competing for, and since we want more traffic to see this, we got to think of a better place to hang this.
Speaker 4: You could call it Newman's own plaque.
Speaker 6: Do you get to choose the totem that goes by your name?
Speaker 2: Well, that was all created prior to Randall joining the company, and everyone had a little avatar signed to them, So what would yours be? Randall? This isn't bad luck or anything. A catfish A catfish?
Speaker 6: Okay, very there a reason for that just sort of matches my general esthetic.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: The Shelby in Expert today is a four, so our winner should get eight correct answers. With that, we've made it through the intro to Steve stayed true to declared he's going to be quiet this episode. You could write stuff to communicate he's just going to open his athletic brewing beers loudly, slurp loudly, right loudly, but he won't talk.
Speaker 4: Would you be a pre or post spawn catfish? Randall?
Speaker 6: I hadn't really given it much thought.
Speaker 2: He'd be a pre spawn one who's got a lumpy head on him. There's a channel cat they'll get a really lumpy head right when they're like in that last week of spawning, and it confuses a lot of people thinking they caught a blue catfish because it alters their appearance so much. That can be you, Randall, pre spawn, lumpy headed channel catfish.
Speaker 4: That's great. Yeah, job Spencer, big kind of redeemed yourself from last ye colored.
Speaker 2: And with that, we're under Round two of the Championship. Play the drop bill. Look, I need to know what I stand to win everything?
Speaker 3: How's that you just tend to win everything?
Speaker 2: Gamon Suckers Round two Question two? Excuse me? Question one of round two? This question eleven. The topic is hunting and this will be multiple choice. This first great question is via Joe Singwald. What state is the pop and Young headquarters? Is it Indiana, Texas, Minnesota or Tennessee? What state is the pop and Young Headquarters? Indiana, tech Sis, Minnesota, Tennessee. Nobody looks real confident in their answer, Seth, do you know this one? Or are you just guessing?
Speaker 4: I just guess?
Speaker 2: What state is the pop and Young Headquarters Indiana, Texas, Minnesota or Tennessee. The room looks stumped. Start now with a bad energy this round. Maybe we need Steve to talk a little. You got any words in you, Steve?
Speaker 6: No, if this was a multiple choice I wouldn't have guessed any of these.
Speaker 2: Okay, just put that out there. Well, that's what I often. I often reserved the first question, the multiple choice question, for one that you wouldn't have a shot at for filling in the blank. So what state is the Pope and Young Headquarters? Indiana, Texas, Minnesota, Tennessee? Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have set and Yannis saying Indiana. Randall says Texas, cal says Indiana, Steve says Indiana, Brody says Indiana.
Speaker 3: Nobody got it, Tennessee.
Speaker 2: The correct answer is Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Got I's gonna be so mad.
Speaker 6: If it was Indiana.
Speaker 2: Pope and Young HQ is in Chatfield which is about ninety minutes southeast of Minneapolis. The population three thousand. Town was home to the Pope and Young Museum, but it was announced in twenty twenty one that it would move most of its artifacts to the Wonders of Wildlife National Museum in Springfield, Missouri.
Speaker 4: I feel like you're going Missouri, That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 6: Don't do they do their banquet there?
Speaker 2: They might? Yeah, Missouri was not an option. Like I said, They've moved most of their museum's artifacts there, but the headquarters is still in Minnesota. I feel like your strategy on question one, the multi choice one, has changed over time. I feel like you're charge people out with an easy one. Mm. Well, this is the tournament, Brody. We're going to make our winner earn it. In twenty twenty, I.
Speaker 4: Cooked dinner in a coulter wall last night and still didn't guess Saskatchewan kissed me off so much.
Speaker 2: Question to the topic is conservation. The USGS uses this nine letter word to describe, quote, animals and plants that are in decline and may be in danger of extinction. The USGS uses this nine letter word to describe plants and animals that are in decline and may be in danger of extinction. See a lot of hangman and erasing happening for our six competitors. No one seems to have nailed down the answer quite yet. The USGS uses this nine letter word to describe animals and plants that are in decline and may be in danger of extinction. Steve, do you have this one?
Speaker 3: Unclear?
Speaker 2: Unclear? Okay? You got a nine letter word though?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I don't know if I know the answer. If I had changed the answer to conform to letters.
Speaker 2: Nine letters, that's what happened to me.
Speaker 3: If you want to know the truth.
Speaker 2: Okay, you we cried it out of This is a direct quote from the us ES animals and plants that are in decline and may be in danger of extinction. Seth, how do you feel all your ants?
Speaker 3: Yeah? If you hadn't given that little letter Q deal after this?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Uh, I would have put the wrong answer down, all right.
Speaker 4: I threw down an answer and then counted afterwards, and it worked out.
Speaker 2: Okay, probably still smell wrong though.
Speaker 3: That's that's where it gets you.
Speaker 2: Nine letter word used to describe animals and plants that are in decline and may be in danger of extinction, Randall, do you have this one right?
Speaker 6: I got a nine letter word?
Speaker 2: Okay, Man, may have a good portion of our players starting zero for two in round two.
Speaker 3: That'd be fantastic.
Speaker 2: Animals and plants that are in decline and maybe in danger of extinction. Do you boys give up who don't have an answer?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I need thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Thirty seconds. It's a big ask. Yes, maybe Steve can fill in some of the silence. No, he won't do it, shaking his head.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: If you got a question, Yanni, animals and plants that are in decline and may be in danger of extinction.
Speaker 3: Let's just get out of it, Man.
Speaker 2: De tuck. We needed some us.
Speaker 3: Putting something down.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm helping with a fundraiser for the lesser Prairie Chicken. It's kind of like the poster Child or uh m, and both of those things are our big time in.
Speaker 2: Do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: Cal?
Speaker 4: I hope so, but I'm unsure of myself.
Speaker 2: Yanni, I think you're out of time. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have set saying threatened Giannis without an answer, Randall says imperiled. Cal says threatened.
Speaker 3: Like cal spelled it wrong to make it not.
Speaker 2: Already counted wrong, Steve says imperiled and proty without an answer. The correct answer is imperiled. Steve and Randall got that one right. The USGS uses to describe at risk plants and animals. Any animal that's listed as endangered, threatened, or vulnerable can be considered imperiled. In the United States, there are about fifteen hundred species that are imperiled.
Speaker 6: You had a lot of words I wanted to use that had ten letters.
Speaker 2: Vulnerable, threatened, threatened, dangered. I think those are all ten letter words. Question three, The topic is fishing, because.
Speaker 4: The i U c M goes threatened and danger, doesn't it species the least concerned.
Speaker 2: And imperiled is just a sort of a catch all term for everything that's listed. And you said who's according to who's he likes the question? Question three, The topic is fishing. This word is both an immature insect and a female deity in Greek mythology. Co this what's topic fishing? This word is both an immature insect in a female deity in Greek mythology. Steve and Brody quick to answer, Yanni Randall and Seth now joining them his question three.
Speaker 3: Thought I could tell Randall's gassy or couldn't think of it?
Speaker 6: My lips fluttering in the breeze.
Speaker 7: Once you determined, Steve gas right. This word Belgia. This word is both an immature insect and a female deity in Greek mythology. Brody, going back to his whiteboard after being the first person to write his answer, cal, do you have this one right?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Okay, I would hope Brody, are you ready sure? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth and the Honest and Randolin Cow and Steven Brody saying nymph they got it. The correct answer is nymph. A nymph is a juvenile form of aquatic insects that fly anglers often try to imitate. In Greek mythology, nymphs are a large class of female deities that are often associated with trees and water. These natured goddesses preside over natural features such as beaches, meadows, caves, and clouds. Question four, the topic is woodsmanship. This is our Athletic Brewing money money Ball question of the week. For every correct answer provided, Athletic Brewing is going to make a one hundred dollars donation that's capped at five hundred dollars. This week, Athletic Brewing is giving to the National National Wild Turkey Federation. Here is your moneyball question. Mountain Hood is the tallest mountain in this state. Another moneyball question for NWTF. Last week we had two hundred dollars that went to them. See if we can up that this week to the capped amount of five hundred. Mounta Hood is the tallest mountain in this state. Brody, Steve Randelliani all have answer, Seth. Do you have this one right?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe maybe.
Speaker 6: I hope you do for the sake of the National Wild Turkey Federation.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yes, only one of you can get it wrong, so we can get that five hundred dollars donation from Athletic to them. Cal, how are we doing down there?
Speaker 4: Margrad?
Speaker 2: Mount Hood is the tallest mountain in this state.
Speaker 4: But if everybody's got an answer, ready to rock.
Speaker 2: You ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying New Hampshire. Giannis says Orges, Randall says.
Speaker 3: Or away from the truth. That's Mount Washington.
Speaker 2: Cal says Washington Steve says Oregon. Brody says Oregon.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 2: The correct answer is Oregon, meaning we're making a four hundred dollars donation. NWTF Athletic is making the four hundred dollars donation take care of our partners. At eleven forty nine feet in elevation, it's the fourth tallest mountain in the Cascades and the two hundred and eighty fourth tallest mountain in the United States. You can see the mountain from Portland, which is about fifty miles away. The USGS says there's roughly a five percent chance that the volcanoy ERPs in the next thirty years.
Speaker 6: Ooh.
Speaker 2: Question five?
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 2: The topic is natural history. That's like the same odds as that asteroid hitting in twenty thirty two. I think they've been like two point four percent or something. Yeah, five percent. If you gave me five percent draws on a sheep tag, I'd take.
Speaker 3: Out destroying size. But I think they do. They downed it a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Question five, have you.
Speaker 3: Ever watched that movie Melancholia?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: Go on, you ever watched that movie Armagaine?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 4: I don't want to come.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 2: Question five, The topic is natural history. This American island was known as the whaling capital of the world in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Randall very quick to answer. This American island was known as the whaling capital of the world in the eighteenth and nineteenth century. Steve, do you have this one right? Yes, gave a grunt.
Speaker 8: I like the kind of questions it I would know and Randall wouldn't know. That'ska a good question for me.
Speaker 2: We'll see, we'll see if we got any guy here, No, you are letters. Don't be spoiled not giving you any letters.
Speaker 6: It's the most common thing you could possibly associate with the topic of whaling.
Speaker 3: Maybe if I got here, I got a real uh clue.
Speaker 4: Okay, give'll just give all the clues you need.
Speaker 2: This American island was known as the whaling capital of the world in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. This is question fifteen. We'll get a scoreboard update from Fill the engineer after this.
Speaker 3: Can you be doing the Meat Eaters American History series? We have weighed around.
Speaker 8: And kicked around and decided against, and then re questioned and decided against doing one on whaling.
Speaker 2: I just read in Heart of the Sea.
Speaker 4: How many how many how many clues are you going to give out here?
Speaker 2: That gives out a hint unless you've.
Speaker 3: That's got my favorite, one of my favorite quotes of all time. And oh the book does know him. I had him.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. Brody, how are we doing over here?
Speaker 3: We'll find out.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. I have seven of a bitch.
Speaker 3: He scratched around. There was a man from Nantucket.
Speaker 4: That's principal.
Speaker 2: Jannis crossed out Nantucket and put down Long Island. Randall says Nantucket. Cal says Nantucket, Steve says Nantucket. Brody says Long Island. The correct answer is Nantucket.
Speaker 4: They all wrote it down so fast I thought they couldn't write Nantucket.
Speaker 2: Nantucket is located about thirty miles off the coast of Massachusetts. During its whaling heyday, the small island community was considered the wealthiest place in America. It's estimated that Nantucket whalers killed forty thousand sperm whales between sixteen ninety and eighteen seventy.
Speaker 8: The reason we decided not to do Nantucket or not to do whaling, because so much of the action is out of the youth.
Speaker 3: It's like they're based in the US, but the South America and the South Pacific, and you know what I mean. So we didn't do it. I'm not fixing to do it.
Speaker 2: Phil. We're halfway through round two. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 3: I could go on other reasons, reasons why it's heating up.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately not for Seth who has six points. But after that, Jannis has eight, Cow has nine, Brody has fallen behind Steve. He's got ten points. Steve's up ahead of Brody now with eleven, and Randall is still in first place. He's got a two point lead now with thirteen points and half.
Speaker 2: Point made the champion with a two point lead.
Speaker 3: That's command, dude, terrible.
Speaker 2: We actually drinking athletic because Randall's on number two.
Speaker 3: The possibility of a tie breaker.
Speaker 2: Totally if we do, if we do a tiebreaker, we have three tiebreaker questions that we're gonna.
Speaker 8: Because that's what I'll say it like, it seems like just to throw it away on one like some.
Speaker 3: Dude saying.
Speaker 2: Question six. The topic is fishing. This next great question is via Jeremiah Shearer. This seven letter word describes the elongated nose of sawfish, pedalfish, sailfish, and sturgeon.
Speaker 3: Ain't bill.
Speaker 2: This seven letter word describes the elongated nose of sawfish, peddlefish, sailfish, and sturgeon. Are players? Do you have.
Speaker 6: It's in there somewhere. I don't have it quite yet.
Speaker 2: I thought this could be he was already a question. We have not had this as a question. This could be a question though that I thought Steve would get right and Randall would get wrong, one of those ones he really likes. I got it, has it right? Randall declared that he had.
Speaker 6: I think you had it in flavor text somewhere.
Speaker 4: Well, what was your first letter?
Speaker 3: Just out of curiosity?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, this was ever a question.
Speaker 3: Let no, no, I just ignore what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Seven letter word describes the elongated nose of sawfish, paddlefish, sailfish, and sturgeon. Brodie, do you have this one?
Speaker 3: Right? I got seven letters.
Speaker 6: I just feel like this is a word that has sunk into my brain in this room.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's very unfair, that's very unfair, into myrd.
Speaker 3: Okay, you you did it. You gave it away when I wasn't here. Now he's got it because you gave it away.
Speaker 6: I shouldn't have said anything. It's true, you know it.
Speaker 4: I bet that this was a description at some point.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was on a Meteor podcast, not even paddlefish questions.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I mean in Spencer's of Fisheries. Dude, Ye yeah, follow the bread crumb, Steve, that's right.
Speaker 2: Still doesn't have an answer. This seven letter word describes the elongated a sawfish, paddlefish, salefish, and sturgeon.
Speaker 6: Might have to crack open another thinking juice here taste great and burps like the real thing.
Speaker 2: Oh, son of God, Yanni, you may take. You may fall too far behind if you don't get this one right.
Speaker 3: Oh, I hear you? Funny more sponser.
Speaker 2: Sad you don't have to come to Episode three?
Speaker 3: Might not seven might contribute to.
Speaker 2: Some Ynniball question. Steve still has a blank whiteboard the money. When he hears the answer, his hands are in his head. If he's not already really mad, I think we should just get on with it, and Randall is in his head. Do you give up? Steve could give Randall a three point lead.
Speaker 4: He's not exactly in a power stand.
Speaker 2: You give up.
Speaker 3: It's something that I'm gonna be mad.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel like you do know it.
Speaker 3: He's gonna break his board.
Speaker 6: Oh, one, two three, don't do that.
Speaker 4: We like you.
Speaker 2: If, if, if Steve gives up, maybe you can give him the first letter. He's not you know, won't count towards his point. But see if it is up there somewhere, Steve, do you give up?
Speaker 3: I just don't. Haven't.
Speaker 2: Okay, give him give him the first letter. Someone and.
Speaker 3: R.
Speaker 4: It's R and it's R.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, answer seth and YACHTI without an answer, Randall says rostrum. Cal says nostrum.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh no, the.
Speaker 2: Nostrum, Steve without an answer. The correct answer is rostrum.
Speaker 4: Randall got it.
Speaker 2: Midrop stood up out of this chair.
Speaker 8: Rostrum I was I was never gonna get Yeah, just knowses man.
Speaker 6: Emotional, I almost collapsed in on myself like a black horse dying star.
Speaker 3: There was the disappointment of not knowing.
Speaker 8: There was the elation of realizing that Randall got it wrong.
Speaker 3: Follow you got it right.
Speaker 2: Fish aren't the only animals that have rostrums. They're also found on dolphins, lobsters, and crocodiles. The rostrum often serves an important.
Speaker 4: Role es such as helping paddlefish with him helping.
Speaker 2: Sailfish stun sardines. That is a rostrum question seven. The topic is hunting. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by Ross Snell for sending this great question. Ross is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the meat eater dot com. This aquatic plant, which is named for its association with waterfowl, is the smallest flowering plant in the world. We have five confident players. Yanni is not one of them.
Speaker 1: Not.
Speaker 2: This aquatic plant, which is named for its association with waterfowl, is the smallest flowering plant in the world.
Speaker 4: Let's Spenser W.
Speaker 1: Randall.
Speaker 2: Do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: Not yet?
Speaker 2: Okay, so there is a chance there is. This aquatic plant, which is named for its association.
Speaker 3: Is the small Let's do that because.
Speaker 6: Corn a flowering plant.
Speaker 3: Yes, not very small though.
Speaker 2: See if you have this one, I mean I feel like I do bro. Do you have this one right? Well, I mean you didn't put corn cal Do you have this one right.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're, you know, giving the guy with a big lead too much time.
Speaker 3: Here when he's not gotten it.
Speaker 4: Man, do you know how to run the game?
Speaker 3: Spencer?
Speaker 2: Give up this aquatic plant, which is named for its association with waterfowl. It's the smallest flowering plant in the world.
Speaker 3: How can we never do that deal where you're come into guest host anymore? Like where I get to do that.
Speaker 2: You're welcome to do it. I'm I'm making like I'm asking a big favor of someone when I do that, so I reserve it for when I really need it will get you on the schedule. Steve, it's every buddy, give up. Randall, go ahead and reveal your same duck weed. None says duck grass, Random says duck foil. Col and Steve and Brody say.
Speaker 3: Duckweed got foiled.
Speaker 2: The correct answer is duck weed. Duck Weed flowers are so small that you need a microscope to view them. Despite their tiny size, they still attract pollinators such as flies and mites, and, as the name implies, they are a notable part of the diet of dabbling ducks and diver ducks.
Speaker 3: I might be toying with us.
Speaker 4: Question, did you know that the produces the most leaves in a season?
Speaker 2: I did not know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really, yeah, crazy? I think thirty most leaves out for per per per season. So drop them, grow and drop them thirteen.
Speaker 2: I'd like more plans to do that question sounds like a mate. The topic is conservation, a lot of reacing. This nineteen sixty four children's book, which is about the relationship between a boy and a tree, is often used to teach environmental ethics. Stephen Randall both quick to their whiteboards. This nineteen sixty four children's book, which is about the relationship between a boy and a tree. I often used to teach this environmental ethics. Never had this question before, anything about this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a new version coming out that includes the national debt. It's gonna be a hot seller.
Speaker 3: Hey do you get if I put down the author?
Speaker 6: Can I get more points?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But I'd like to flex. You could do that anyway.
Speaker 4: No, Oh, I can only think of an author right now.
Speaker 2: Really, I could give a tidbit about the author. I don't think i'd be giving anything away. No, you can't be talking about the author. That might jar someone's Memorywards. This nineteen sixty four children's book, which is about the relationship between a boy and a tree, is often used to teach environmental ethics. You have this one right.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I like it.
Speaker 2: Okay, see what, I haven't had a lot of children's books.
Speaker 3: Let me get it coming across and change your mind. Let me get a peek.
Speaker 6: I don't want to do that. I don't want to give you.
Speaker 3: The poker face and a half.
Speaker 2: Steve, you have this one right.
Speaker 3: You give me a pizza so you'll see it in a set.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brody, you have this one right. I hope I have. You've always read this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got this one right.
Speaker 4: I remember discussing this book when we had kids of the age that we would read it to.
Speaker 2: And you didn't like it.
Speaker 3: No, don't like it.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, let's Steve, enough with this is Randall's answer right here.
Speaker 3: Enough with that. Let's flip them.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, Johanni going to his Life sixty three? Is everybody Yhanni? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have saying my side of the mountain, Janna says, the giving Tree, Randall, the giving Tree, col the giving Tree, Steve the Giving Tree, Brody says, the Loraxe. We have had the Loraxe as I question before, but the correct answer is the Giving Tree. The Giving Tree has sold ten million copies since its debut. It's about a boy who takes from nature and what the consequences can be when you take too much. A two thousand and seven poll of teachers by the National Education Association declared it the third greatest children's book of all time. Steve, what do you got on the Giving Tree?
Speaker 3: He was a He wrote a lot of big country songs.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't know that. I know. One of the criticisms of the book was that his author picture on the back was too terrifying for children. It was black and white picture of him, and apparently it's scared off kids from.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we put Nashville. He moved to Nashville during the outwalk. He wrote like Alice did he write Alice's Restaurant?
Speaker 2: We're putting a lot on the bill there. He wrote The Giving Tree Question nine and we're gonna hold off on that.
Speaker 4: Books there there was kind of like kind of a copy.
Speaker 2: So I think his artwork was initially also criticized because it was too similar to the Playboy artwork, which I don't know if he did, if there was someone else, but they said this is too adult. Not that it had like, you know, adult, it was just drawn like too rigid, like it wasn't soft.
Speaker 4: Enough, but to make it more adult.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's just like it resembled what you'd see. Question nine. The topic is cooking. Salty is a synonym for this five letter word, which is how Michelin describes the taste of Atlantic oysters. Oh, Phil, do you have a picture for us?
Speaker 4: I can't shoog right now. I was little screw up the slide show, but I'll try to add it.
Speaker 2: To the off on that until the end of his other books. Salty is a synonym for.
Speaker 4: This where the sidewalk?
Speaker 2: And and why do you like that book?
Speaker 3: Steve? It's all.
Speaker 2: Question nine. Salty is a synonym for this five letter word.
Speaker 3: Makes you want to kind of kids ass when you're reading that book.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's why you know what that was another criticism I saw There was like a whole group of children surveyed after they read the book, and they're like, he never says thank.
Speaker 3: You what you read the book?
Speaker 2: Like that kind of prick yeah, which is how Michelin describes the taste of Atlantic oysters.
Speaker 3: You got it, Randall, Yes, there he is right.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that is the author picture on the back of the book.
Speaker 3: That dude pulls up.
Speaker 2: It seems like a justified fear.
Speaker 9: It looks like a looks like a clay model that they molded over like a Sorry.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard of that one. This is very nice.
Speaker 5: This is very nice, falling up a light in the attic, everything on it.
Speaker 3: Take that part out.
Speaker 2: Salty is a synonym for this five letter word. It's just how Michelin describes the taste of Atlantic oysters. Joanni, how we doing over?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm ready to go when you are.
Speaker 2: It's everybody ready. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have seth saying Savory. Giannis says Brian Randall, cal and Steve and Brody say, Briany, they got it. The correct answer is Briany. I think we'll give it to you.
Speaker 3: You come. He's that's the adjective.
Speaker 2: He's pretty far behind. No, don't give it okay, Sonny says he does.
Speaker 3: For salt, he's going to be another adjective.
Speaker 2: Johanny says he doesn't want it. We're not going to give it to him.
Speaker 3: I still want to argue about it.
Speaker 2: The biggest taste difference between East Coast oysters and West Coast oysters is that East coast ones tend to be more briny. Well, West coast ones tend to be more sweet. Other differences are that Atlantic oysters have a shallower cup with a seaweed like finish, while Pacific oysters have a deeper cup and a buttery finish.
Speaker 3: Can hit you at.
Speaker 4: Tidbit there can you start with the definition of synonym for those of us in the room who don't.
Speaker 3: Know synonym same antonin opposite.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 6: Sounds the same.
Speaker 3: From from a text perspective.
Speaker 8: All those oysters, as different as they are around the world, all those oysters are the same species. It's all like regional, you know, like you take one and move him to the other side of the planet and his progeny are gonna look like him.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that I would have gone that wrong.
Speaker 3: If you're blue muscle, blue muscles or circumpolar, just one. I think they tax on almost think it's just one species.
Speaker 4: Good example of something that's defined by its environment versus affecting its environment.
Speaker 2: And from last year's tournament, that'd be a cosmopolitan animal. Well, that's found across the globe. All right, here's a correct answer. Review so far. One was Minnesota two, imperiled three, Nymph four, Oregon five, Nantucket six, Rostrum seven, duckweed eight, the Giving Tree nine Briany. Here's question ten. This Japanese brand, which is best known for biking and fishing gear, was founded in nineteen twenty one.
Speaker 4: Do you have to spell it backwards?
Speaker 2: This Japanese brand, which is best known for biking and fishing gear, was founded in nineteen twenty one, rental I do. This is question twenty. We'll get a scoreboard update from Fill the engineer after this.
Speaker 3: Sure you know what?
Speaker 6: Like I said, I've been reading up on the war in the Pacific.
Speaker 3: They didn't put that in that book.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Everyone was certain day Shimano Steve says, let's say o Kuma, Yeah, and that's what I meant, says bikes. Correct answer the correct answers Shaman.
Speaker 3: I owed a bunch of ol reels.
Speaker 4: Man, Well, how many rods and bikes deal.
Speaker 2: And where they found it? In nineteen twenty one.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Shimano started building cycling components in nineteen twenty two and fishing gear in nineteen seventyfoot. These are the pillars of their business, which has a corporate vision to encourage people to get outside. The brand also made golf gear until two thousand and five and snow holding gears until two thousand and eight. Phil hit us with the scoreboard up there.
Speaker 4: It would be my pleasure.
Speaker 8: Oh boy, still about it? I just thought for a minute, closed out, not that far behind that point?
Speaker 4: Where are we on this whole nostrum rostrum thing.
Speaker 5: That Calambrod are tied with thirteen? Steve has fourteen.
Speaker 8: I just own someone listens and seventeen is Randall Williams.
Speaker 3: I just didn't think about it. Uh huh. I meant that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Going into round three, Randall is going to have a three point lead. Next week will be our final episode and we will crown.
Speaker 6: When are we playing that?
Speaker 3: How many days?
Speaker 2: It's about a week away.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be Japanese book.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna be wearing a paddle helmet from now.
Speaker 2: Thanks to Athletic Brewing for helping our biggest donation and media to trivia history, and for sending four hundred dollars to n w t F again this week. Join us next week for more med Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always.
Speaker 1: Yes. Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host, using those smooth mellow tones. He lays them questions down. He likes taking those two and three year old bucks. It is an avid amateur
Speaker 2: Lock