Speaker 1: All right, ever ready, yes you ready for the best scrubbing in that has ever been.
Speaker 2: The best scrub that's ever scrubbed.
Speaker 1: Let's scrub it.
Speaker 3: Scrubbing in with Becailly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 4: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing.
Speaker 3: In, Yes we are. And it is the best Monday of the year so far.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, A big statement coming approximately.
Speaker 2: Thirty seven days after the new year.
Speaker 3: Hey, yep, we have peaked. Listen to twenty twenty three. This is the peak right here. From here we can peak and peak peak peak.
Speaker 4: What happens is you climb a mountain, you get to the peak, and then you climb a new mountain and you get to another peak.
Speaker 3: Exactly so you repeak and you can peak peak peak. But this is this is where we are right now.
Speaker 2: You know, Tanya's on the East Coast, She's in New York.
Speaker 3: Still just just just a East Coast gal.
Speaker 2: These days, I feel it has been gone forever.
Speaker 3: Becca. I feel like I have lived truly ten lives in the past seven days.
Speaker 4: Like the fact that your book release was only a week ago is like not even.
Speaker 3: Not even because it came out Tuesday of last night.
Speaker 2: Well, the book's signing. I was just saying that day, so.
Speaker 3: Much has happened since then, Let's.
Speaker 2: Talk about it. What has happened since?
Speaker 4: What? So? You went to New York, you did Good Morning America, you were doing Prizz, you did Chicks in the Office.
Speaker 3: Good Morning America. But I am not like a big I get really tired easily, so I go to bed very early and between like the book signing, which was amazing. So many scrubbers were there. Becca was so amazing because they were like, can I take a picture with Becca to and I was like, yeah, go over to Heursday.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 3: You were very nice, and the event on Tuesday was really like good. And then flew out to New York on Wednesday, and I just feel like I haven't slept much. So I feel like today I'm feeling so delirious that I'm on that other side of it, do you know what I mean. Yeah, So, because two of my best friends flew out to New York to celebrate this weekend, and then Robbie came out because we had a wedding that we went to Sunday, so last night, so it's been event after event after I haven't slept. I went to about at five o'clock in the morning one day, and then I woke up at nine am because my cramps were so bad.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm very jealous of something you did this weekend.
Speaker 3: I know you are. Can I tell you I was pissed drunk when I got there, so I don't think I got to really enjoy it in all its glory.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you know how Eastern and I are men of passion. We have our passions, and he has his Crocks and his cheesecake factory and his Disney is Marvel on my lift Saturday Night Live. And when I was like I got like most people, I got really into Saturday I've in middle school, in high school, and then most people stop. I never ever ever stopped. And I'm just as obsessed today as I was that So I continue to watch every single week and I watch it with my daughter. It's great. So anyway, you went to the after party, the FNL after party, the legendary FNL after party.
Speaker 3: Legendary, So we did want to go. I've never been to any SNL recording ever, and I'm like, that's so cool because it's such a small audience. But we were too big of a group so we couldn't get into the recording, but we got into the after party. But it starts at like two AM.
Speaker 1: Did you know that, Well, the show's after and yeah one, so yeah, I would have to.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So wasn't so good on the like math there because I haven't seen I haven't seen two Am in a minute. But I was so drunk by the time I got there that we were there until about four thirty in the morning.
Speaker 2: Who is the host? And who is the musical guest?
Speaker 3: Mark? Who was the host? Pa Pascal A Pascal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, last of us from the Mandalorian.
Speaker 3: I didn't see him there, but I did see the musical guests, which happened to be Chris Martin. Wow. Yeah. And so he walks by and he goes to sit down on this couch and I was like, oh my gosh, there's Chris Martin, babe. And Robbie goes go up and say hi to him, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, he's been on the show with you multiple times. Yeah, but he in the studio.
Speaker 3: I've interviewed him before too, for like album release party. Oh, but I'm not on that level with him, do you know what I mean? Like Chris Martin is on a whole another.
Speaker 1: But he strikes me as a guy that doesn't put a lot of a stock into levels.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel too.
Speaker 4: I feel like he would have been pleasantly happy to see you.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I'm like, you just did a performance. I believe he was with his daughter, so I just didn't want to go and be like huh and had to connect the dots and I was like, you know, I'm just gonna like let him have his space. But it was just cool to be in his presence. And then we walked by this girl. I don't even know her name, but she plays Janet in The Good Place.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll get her name, but I'll go ahead.
Speaker 3: And Rob and I watched that show. We were obsessed with it, and he's like, there's Janet and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my drc Carden is her name. She's very funny.
Speaker 3: She's very funny. But uh, I couldn't have had her either. I think I was just on a too drunk level of like, I actually can't communicate with strangers right now. It's better to just be in my own little world. But it was really cool to be in that space, Like it was just like really really cool.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, that's iconic.
Speaker 3: Be goes in a pretty cool place.
Speaker 4: This weekend too, I had a really cool week, honestly, like I so my week started or like the cool Okay, first of all, I have to go back to Tanya's book signing was like the coolest thing ever. Like, first of all, I was early, which everyone was shocked to see me there early because I was the.
Speaker 3: Least beca thing ever. She shows up early to the book signing and I.
Speaker 4: Couldn't find where it was, and I was like, I couldn't find anyone who worked at Barnes and Noble, So I was like trying. I was just like where, I'm just wandering around, and finally I see people going in this like direct, so I walk over there and the line is literally packed, like people have been I don't know how long they had been there, but it was like ten minutes before it was even starting, and it was like a really long line and it was mostly I would say ninety percent of our scrubbing and listeners, And I was like, this is the coolest thing ever. Are scrubbing and listeners show up and they're the best.
Speaker 2: And sweetest humans ever.
Speaker 4: So shout out to them and shout out to Tanya for having like Ann Raquel for having a super successful book signing, because but I realized too.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm not good. Like we were supposed to just sign the books and like sign the book, take a photo, go like five seconds with everybody that was there, and I'm writing like yearbook things in each of all the like getting their stories. I am, and like every day for each person. They kept saying like, okay, you know, get a little quicker, like a little quicker, and I'm like, I don't know how to do that. So I tried to just spend more and more time as the line like got less and less, because I was like, these people have been waiting the long yeah, so I wanted to spend even more time as the line got less and less. So we were there longer than we were scheduled. But it was I was I was happier that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was really cool. And then it was really cool.
Speaker 4: So then on I think Wednesday night, I got invited to this Stella McCartney Adida's event, and Haley also got invited. But she's been she was working like all week recording her audiobook, and so she was like, I don't know if I'm gonna go to I don't have anything to wear.
Speaker 2: So Ali and I went and we get there and.
Speaker 4: Normally, like there's at events, you know, you know how this goes, like at industry once you call them industry.
Speaker 3: And three events you go and.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like the same people that you see at like other events, like other influencers, and you just kind of say hey, mingle and it's not like a official thing. Well, we pull up and there's like people everywhere. There's a red there's a carpet, and I don't do the carp like unless I'm like fully styled and have my hair makeup done.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Nope, not doing the carpet.
Speaker 4: Or if I'm with Haley, I'll do it with her, but like by myself, I just getty. Images can be shocking, so I gotta feel my best to put myself through that.
Speaker 2: So we were like whatever, it's fine.
Speaker 4: So we're walking by and I see Kate Hudson on the carpet, which I've been like a he I love Kate Hudson and I've been like the biggest man for so long, so I was like, maybe she's like the face of a collab or something, you know how that happens. So then we walk in and it's like John Mayer, Demi Lovado, whoa, whoa, whoa Live Tyler.
Speaker 2: It was just like one person after the next, and we.
Speaker 4: Were like, what is this is like like this is no like small influencer event.
Speaker 2: It was like celebrities. So then we walk in. Paul McCartney was there.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Someone was like, yeah, I think he's gonna perform later. So he didn't. I don't. I mean we left. We waited long as we could, but he was there, Brandy.
Speaker 4: Carlisle, Leonardo DiCaprio, or landam Blume.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 3: What in the world they got budget?
Speaker 2: I was I think it was just Grammy's week.
Speaker 4: So people were just like going out and about and just like mingling and.
Speaker 3: Did you talk to anybody?
Speaker 4: Well, we talked to Demi Lauren from Fifth Harmony got It. Muna performed, which we went to their show at the Wiltern. I love Muna so much and they performed and we were like right next to the stage.
Speaker 2: It was so cool.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think it was just it was really cool. It was a Brenda Carpenter which I always am like do I acknowledge?
Speaker 3: Like evening, and she's actually sweet.
Speaker 2: She's so sweet, like she's always like, hey, are you.
Speaker 4: I don't know if she like I think she recognizes me, like I've seen her face before about and if she like, no, the.
Speaker 3: Other I'm gonna make sure she knows.
Speaker 2: I'd prefer that.
Speaker 4: You don't, cause then I'm still I told her twice this week and I was just like, you know what, We're gonna let that rest. We have it, the scrubbers have it, and are you know. It's like it's our little secret that I passed out on that podcast. So yeah, So that was really cool and one of those things that I was just not prepared for and so I was just kind of like all right, and then I texted Haley and I was like, this is a really cool party, like I think you should come.
Speaker 2: So she ended up coming.
Speaker 4: And that's why we like talk to most people because she knows people and people know her, like I always, I'm so kind of like how it is with you, where I'm just she's my girlfriend, so I and I know she's a big deal, but like the way people come up to her and they're like, oh, my gosh. I'm like, oh, yeah, she's in this world.
Speaker 3: She pot of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So then on Friday she comes over Ashley and actually I Kennetti and Dawson came over and hung out and we had dinner.
Speaker 3: I know, they are so huge. They showed up to the book signing and I thought that was so so sweet of her.
Speaker 4: They're just I know, they really are. And so we had dinner and then they ended up leaving, and later Haley was like, so Taylor slept just having an after party for the Grammys and she invited. She invited us, and it's on Sunday night, and I was like, I don't I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Am I gonna wear?
Speaker 3: What was on Saturday night?
Speaker 2: It was on Sunday night.
Speaker 3: Oh right, okay, after party?
Speaker 2: She told me Friday, and so I was like, yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 4: And I always try to not get my hopes up for these things because it's like sometimes she gets so excited and like something ends up, you know, not working out.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I guess is like, that's really cool. What am I gonna wear?
Speaker 4: We shopped all day Saturday, I'm talking, could not find a thing.
Speaker 2: Nothing fit. I was like in my head, I was like.
Speaker 4: I don't feel cute. I need a spray tan. You know, I'm not to start my period.
Speaker 3: You're in that era, in that era. I was in that ere for a minute, and I'm now on the other side. I'm okay, I'm in a totally different era.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to the other side.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So then yesterday we went shopping and finally found something, and then we went to the party. It didn't start. We didn't go till eleven, which, well, it's one thing to like be out and then like continue on to the next thing that light. It's another thing to be on your couch and then start getting ready to know.
Speaker 3: Why did you guys do that? You should have planned a dinner before so that you could have been out the house by like eight o'clock and then had nice long dinner and then have gone.
Speaker 4: Well, we kind of had a long day, Like we went and we went out and enjoyed the park and just kind of like had a nice relaxing time. Then we had to go shop and then like by the time we got home, we showered and.
Speaker 2: Makeup came and God is ready.
Speaker 4: So it was like we didn't have a lot of time in between, but we watched the Grammys while we were getting ready, and then we went to the party and it was we're It was at the Chateau Rmont, which is.
Speaker 2: Actually where Haley and I had our first.
Speaker 4: Like tim where we went and got drinks, so it's a very special place to us, which was really cool. And it was like, you know, up in like one of the rooms that had like one of the sweets, I guess, and then.
Speaker 3: Big party or little party.
Speaker 2: It was like a.
Speaker 4: Big house party I guess. Like it wasn't like super intimate.
Speaker 3: Where it was like like twenty people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was definitely more than twenty people. But I would say, like the size of my party for like Halloween.
Speaker 3: That's pretty small.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was definitely intimately talked to Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my, did you say.
Speaker 3: Best believe I'm still be jeweled.
Speaker 2: I didn't say.
Speaker 1: That, but I want to hear every word you said to Taylor Swift when we come back. Oh see how I do this?
Speaker 2: So you know, when you go to these things.
Speaker 3: And industry events, industry events.
Speaker 4: When I go to things with Hailey, I'm very much like, I'm very comfortable being a plus one, Like I'm very good at like mingling with the people around me, but I kind of let her do her thing. I'm not like I don't try to interject myself that much. So first we walk in and we see actually Hailey's old assistant and we were like hey, so it was nice to see a familiar face right.
Speaker 2: When we walked in.
Speaker 4: And then Tree Payne walks up and she's like the warmest, kindest person ever. She's Taylor's publicists.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows, but for.
Speaker 4: Those who don't, she's stunning. She's like majestic. And she comes over and she's like, hey, like how are y'all. Haley introduces me to her and she's like, do y'all want to drink?
Speaker 2: Like has Taylor seen you?
Speaker 4: And she, like you know, facilitates whatever we needed and she was just so warm and kind and then Taylor comes over and says hey, and I just have to say I will be a Taylor Si fan forever and ever, like regardless.
Speaker 2: Even if I didn't you know, meet her or know her, but.
Speaker 4: To be at that level of celebrity like that she's at and be able to interact with her and have a conversation and she makes you feel like you're the only person in a room is a really unique quality I think to keep once you're at that level.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like she talked like I've.
Speaker 3: Heard that she's very present, Like that's a friend of mine described her as like when she's when you're somewhere with her, she's present in the conversation.
Speaker 2: That's what. That's a great description. Actually, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 4: She's like very focused on who she's talking to and what she's talking to them about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, she and.
Speaker 4: Haley were just because she won for Best Director for Best Video?
Speaker 2: Is that what she wan?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so you know, Hailey directs all her music videos and so they they're just like chit chatting, and you know, I was like, how was this show? And she's like it was so fun and she's just cool, Like she's just so like.
Speaker 2: Weirdly normal.
Speaker 3: For so, when did you tell her to ask her to come on the podcast?
Speaker 2: Well, we didn't get we didn't get there, we didn't get there, but yeah, she was.
Speaker 4: She was just like really cool. And then and then we walked around. Muna was there, so we talked to them because I think they're actually going to be opening for Taylor for a few shows.
Speaker 2: We saw Gail. I was so excited for her because I was like, to be.
Speaker 4: Nominated with those names, your first your nomination, Like, that's the coolest thing ever.
Speaker 2: So it saw Sabrina Carpenter again cute. Yeah, still didn't you know, put pick together?
Speaker 4: But okay, I'm trying to think who else we chatted with and saw it was Camilla was there? Camilla Cabayo, Fletcher, Kelsey Ballerini.
Speaker 3: Star studded, Star studied. Yeah, it's so funny. I saw this thing on du moin that Haley Kyoko went to Taylor Swift's after party and I was talking to Sam about it on one of our morning show producers and she's like, did Becca go? And I was like no, I feel like she would have told me if she was going to swift after party. And I texted you and you're like yeah, and I was like, excuse me.
Speaker 4: Listen, I didn't know you were going to SNL after party.
Speaker 3: That's true. That that that I did not know I was not aware of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was it was really cool, like those are those things, And to be honest, I had one drink. I was like, I want to be present. I don't want to like feel you know, I just it was really nice. I had a great time.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I don't think Easton and I have any weekends that compare. Wait.
Speaker 3: I do want to tell you though, when I went to uh we did Good Morning America on Friday morning, keel am I and that I don't really get nervous a lot. And for some reason on Thursday afternoon I started once everything slowed down, I basically had from like four pm until the end of Thursday night to myself And that's the first moment I had for myself all week. I'd just been back to back, I've been working, I had I was like, gonna go and go, go, go. The minute I had a chance to sit down and do nothing, I started to get really nervous for Good Morning America. Like I don't know why. I couldn't really pinpoint where the nerves were coming from. And Raquel came over and she's like, it's just a conversation where all people it's gonna be great, you know, da da da. So we get up and like we walk into the Good Morning America studios and it's like all that stuff that you see. It's just so crazy. It was so so crazy cool to just be in there, you know what I mean. And it was really really sweet. Selena actually came with us to the set in the morning to the show. She had the morning off, so she came and it was really really sweet of her. And we walk onto this onto the set, and do you know that they named the new host for the third hour of Good Morning America, like officially, and they officially named two new hosts for that position. And we walk up and I meet this guy to Marco, and he is very strikingly gorgeous and tall, and like, very very tall. I was very taken aback, and it like took took me a minute. I was like, oh, you're very handsome man, Hello, Helosa. And it went by. I feel like it felt really fast, felt like two seconds in my mind. And and then I got really upset because I was like, why was I so nervous. It's true, it's like everything, We're all people, we're all humans. These are just conversations and nerves do nothing. It didn't make me feel good, made me feel anxious, and anxiety is not a place to be living in.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, they say, anxiety is worrying about the future, and as we know, like if you don't, you don't have control over the future.
Speaker 2: So it's like wasted energy.
Speaker 4: But I do think, like, yes, we're all humans and you're just having a conversation, but it's in front of millions of people and on live DV, So I think some nerves are warranted because it means something.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't even tell you how many times I've cried over the last seven days too, like every just drop of information that they've given us. Like the book cracked the top ten on Amazon out of like this crazy number of times, about the top.
Speaker 1: Ten religious books, the top ten, yeah, like.
Speaker 3: Of all categories, yes, of all new releases, which shockingly there are a huge number of new releases. Like I did not there's Easton's copy.
Speaker 1: I got handy.
Speaker 3: So they were just like all this stuff was just happening like in real time, and I just like kept crying, like I would cry, and then like Paulina flew in, and when she came, I cried, and then Sophia got in a few hours later, and when I saw her, I cried. And then our publicist told us basically like that The New York Times reached out for a copy of our book, which kind of means like we're on the shortlist, uh huh. And then I cried again, Like it was just I was just like and then I got my period, so it really kind of like, yeah, really tied together quite nicely, but like it was just it's been such a wild couple of days, like just really and I haven't had a moment. I can't wait to just like get home and really let myself kind of think, yeah, process at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like, yeah, sometimes when it's like back to back to back, you don't even like you're kind of just like running on fumes and you're just like running on a journaline. You gottae it done, and there was a lot of really cool moments for you to process. So hopefully once you're back with Sonny you can sit and reflect. So like you're telling me, I miss her. You were with Selena and I was a tailor.
Speaker 3: It's like two besties with.
Speaker 2: Besties, just coast to coast.
Speaker 3: Coast to coast, New York to l a wowow just a besty swap for the was a bestie swap. Yeah, I missed you. I miss Sonny. I really miss her a lot. It's weird.
Speaker 1: Do you miss Beckamore or Sonnymore?
Speaker 2: Probably Sonny, which.
Speaker 3: Cuddles me and like let me kiss her, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boundaries, there's boundaries to be set, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What were your thoughts on the Grammys? Anything stand out?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the thing that really stood out is that because we were watching and when they announced Song of the Year, and it was just like absolute silent, and even Bonnie was surprised, Like Bonnie looked like shocked.
Speaker 1: I tried to explain this to my daughter. She was like, Dad, I've never heard of that song. I'm like, yeah, So the Grammys are not kind of known for that. Every once in a while they just have a dud like I'm body Raate's her genius, brilliant legend. Don't get me wrong, no one knows that song. It's twenty twenty three. Yeah, like it's a weird choice. But every once in a while they do that. They just My mom was so pumped.
Speaker 3: She's a huge Miny fan. I text her, I'm like, are you watching this? She's like, this is the best Grammys I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Actually, Hailey's mom texted us and was like best Grammy show in a long time. Wow. But I was like, I need to know if it was as quiet in the room as it fell on She sounded like yeah, because it took a moment before the applause started, like everyone was like huh.
Speaker 1: H, well because they said the title and not the artist, Like I think people were like, who who's which one? By the way, isn't that your song?
Speaker 3: Tanya? Yeah, I was gonna say I saw so. I was at a wedding during the Grammy, so I'm missing everything, and I'm in a bunch of group chats where people are kind of sharing going, going, going, and they say just like that for song of the Year, And I thought, right, how they get my? How they get my how they get the copy? I didn't even know that for the running. I literally was taken back. I was like, wow, is it the James Maslow version or the raw version?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: Isn't sure.
Speaker 2: I haven't listened to that in a while.
Speaker 4: I need to find that any Yeah, just like that, just like what was the raw version?
Speaker 3: Who knew you could hear me so bad? Who knew everything could be nothing? Just like that?
Speaker 1: It's very raw.
Speaker 2: For those of you who are maybe new listeners. Tyre, I wrote a song. This was posted to break.
Speaker 4: Up in like one year was this like twenty fifteen something like that, and had written.
Speaker 3: A song and some of her lyrics. I wrote lyrics for a song. I never wrote the melody.
Speaker 1: October of twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is when this came to life.
Speaker 4: And I don't know how Tanya was told us that she had written the lyrics, and so then she kind of you kind of created a melody, but like you no.
Speaker 3: Our imaging guy for Kiss FM did it. His name's Miles and he basically like sang my lyrics. And it's funny because it was kind of like when Shallow was really big, that same like vibe, and he kind of sang it in that same vibe. I honestly did a really good job. I felt like like an artist whose song was being born.
Speaker 2: Mark's gonna try and search for the audio.
Speaker 4: But then James Maslow came in and he did like a kind of remixed version of.
Speaker 3: It, the dance version.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So maybe Bonnie can do like a collaborative effort.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I'd love a collabor Bonds heavy Winny Bonds actually know what I thought about this morning that my book, my audio book could be up for a Grammy next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it could be.
Speaker 4: I saw that we were Actually Haley was looking because she did her audio book, and she was like, oh, you think.
Speaker 2: Against each other, that'd be conflicting.
Speaker 1: All right, I got it, I got here we go. I believe this is just the Miles remix version of Tanya's Robbers And I think that's what this is.
Speaker 5: That and like that, who knew that kiss would be all least could hurt me so bad? One day? By everything would turned to nothing just like that, just like just like that, my everything turns to nothing just.
Speaker 4: Side like that.
Speaker 1: And then James Yeah, and then James Maslow from Big Time Rush came in and and did his own version, which is a little more upbeat.
Speaker 2: Like that that kids would be.
Speaker 3: Just like it's just like you back that James Maslow from Big Time Rush took the time time to get my lyrics and sing them into a microphone and put a.
Speaker 2: Beat to it.
Speaker 3: Really everything I've always needed, Like I'm wow.
Speaker 2: To me that song of the year, that is our song of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tanya, there's something really like I don't know the feeling it brings up in me.
Speaker 2: But there's a feeling that I gotta figure out the word for. But I think about you going through the break.
Speaker 4: And writing those lyrics just with like tears, like tear stained paper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is the word pathetic? Raw?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of like it's like it's like this is what we call it's called like sad cute, Like it's like really sweet and like sad, but it's like cute because it's you, but like you're in a better place, you know. Yeah, but just picturing you with your black hair? Did you have black hair during that time?
Speaker 3: Yes? It was no, no, no, it was actually I was. I was on the verge from turning to blonde. It was like the McDonald's clown hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But yeah, James Maslow, they did and Miles really did some good work on that's those lyrics.
Speaker 3: They still actually sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's honestly a breakup anthem for anyone, no matter the time of life you're in.
Speaker 2: Totally who knew that kiss would be our last?
Speaker 4: While?
Speaker 3: Who knew the phone call would end like that?
Speaker 2: Not just now?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 3: She he did?
Speaker 1: I loved Lizzo shouting out Beyonce saying I skipped school in fifth grade to see you perform. I thought that was really a great moment.
Speaker 2: I loved her speech. Yeah, I loved her speech.
Speaker 3: Although I did feel like, I don't know, I think it was like tinks or somebody tweeted or kind of wrote something like, I feel like they're missing the mark a little bit. Who who the Grammys in what way? So that's what I'm not sure of, because I couldn't watch.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: I didn't watch I was at a wedding until midnight or Long Island.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, look, Becka, and we're just talking about this. I was all looking forward to the Grammys because I was gonna watch it with my daughter, and then we start watching it, and then after about twenty minutes, it gets real boring and there's.
Speaker 3: Little I would think it was about the fans or like the fans I hate it, and so they're like they're missing the plot. It's like, we want to watch the Grammys because we want to hear artists give their speeches, So stop cutting them off at.
Speaker 1: A round table of fans of each artist for Album of the Year and ask them to make the case why they should win Album of the Year. And I hated everything about that, except I did enjoy that he brought them up on stage at the end and that old lady got to say Harry's name. I thought that was neat because then Harry gave her big hugging and kiss.
Speaker 3: But it's like, we want to hear from our favorite artists. We want to see them win awards, So like, show more awards, let them speak, and maybe don't fill it up with other things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my younger daughters like, is this the Grammys because they don't giving away any awards. I've been watching for half an hour.
Speaker 3: That. Yeah, I just feel like in general, people are kind of forgetting the plot a little bit, you know what I mean, Well, there's.
Speaker 1: No reason for that. Showed be four hours. Just make it two hours and just give away the awards and a couple of performances.
Speaker 4: I also have to say I saw a tweet that was like, so how Taylor Swift always looks like Taylor's looks like the only person who looks like she's having like the best time. And I saw like videos and she would be the only she'd be standing up dancing like she was just in her own world, having the time of her life and I was like you almost like I love that. She's just like I'm here to have fun. What are y'all doing? I'm gonna do it anyway.
Speaker 3: What are y'all doing? Like Ben Affleck did.
Speaker 2: Not, Guys, I've thought about this all night. I feel what you think about. I don't know, because.
Speaker 4: It's such a to me, it feels very complicated, the relationship.
Speaker 2: Because I feel like they got This is just.
Speaker 4: My assessment as an onlooker in the little I know about them and see about them.
Speaker 2: I just feel like they got back together.
Speaker 4: It was this whirlwind of like reconnecting this like honeymoon romance and then like the reality of like life sets in and you know, I felt like last night we kind of saw this glimpse of just like the honeymoon.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know, it would have been playful. I've been I'm watching over and over again. It could have been, Hey, hey, the camera's coming, I'm gonna do something. I'm gonna I don't know, flash something.
Speaker 2: Every video or no, don't do that, Like I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they're saying. But when they're coming back from commercial and Trevor no was sitting right next to them he whispers something in her ear and she smacks him, and he's like, all right, it could have just been I have the cameras coming door, does here, let's make out something like that. He's like, no, I'm not going.
Speaker 2: I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about that. He just like any.
Speaker 4: Photos or videos of him, like just watching the show, looked very just settle and face to be there. But my thought is like, maybe he was, like I fell out of his element because you know that's her industry, like being at the Grammys.
Speaker 3: Or he was up till five in the morning partying and had to wake up a nine because he had cramps and he was just tired the whole day. Like if you were seen me yesterday, I looked like Ben Affleck all.
Speaker 1: Day long, classic afflic cramps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I looked like Ben Affleck all day Sunday because I was just exhausted.
Speaker 4: Doesn't that suck that he may have just had a rough day and was tired and didn't want to go to a massive long show. And now everyone on Twitter.
Speaker 2: And Instagram is like, oh my gosh, like he's.
Speaker 3: The thing is I wonder, like I wouldn't care. I wonder if he cares.
Speaker 4: I feel like he does not care at all. Yeah, Like I feel like he's just like, Oh, I didn't want to be.
Speaker 3: He would play with us though and be like, yeah, I was tired, I had cramps.
Speaker 2: No, I wish you would be like, yeah, I didn't really want to go. Yeah, but I'm just trying to be a supportive husband.
Speaker 3: My girl was too, looks so good presenting, you know, to show my support got gott into gott into Yeah.
Speaker 2: What did you think about Harry's performance?
Speaker 3: So I watched that. So when I got into work this morning, I was like watching clips and you know, some of the speeches and performances. I thought his performance was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't watch it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean like, that's a song that Tanya and I have sat here in the KI studio and listens to about fifteen hundred times. So but nonetheless, it was an enjoyable performance. It was nice to hear a little differently. I liked seeing the people up there's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, I loved great. I love the outfit, you know, I love him. He makes me feel like better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's something And when I watch his when I watch like the TikTok videos of at his concert of the people that are really close, I'm like, he is.
Speaker 2: A beautiful, beautiful specimen of a man.
Speaker 4: He is, and even just like when he smiles, I find myself watching TikTok and I'm like grinning.
Speaker 2: At my phone. I'm like, get a grip, you know, just get a grip.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I feel like every every year the award shows, it's like everyone's just it's the same thing every year. People didn't like the performances, or they liked these performances, or this.
Speaker 2: Happen and it was awkward or whatever.
Speaker 4: It's just how it works because everyone has different opinions on art.
Speaker 3: Preach sister.
Speaker 1: As Harry said, there is no best when it comes to music.
Speaker 2: I liked that too. I thought that was a really nice sentiment.
Speaker 3: There is.
Speaker 4: No I think there's better, but I don't. I don't know, Like in the up at that level is their best? Who's the best?
Speaker 3: Harry Beyonce, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But there's no there's not one best bests.
Speaker 3: Like, I feel like you're not gonna win with me today because I am on one.
Speaker 2: Well, I win basically every time.
Speaker 4: Oh, because when you're on one, we just go on circles.
Speaker 3: Tis true.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 3: Tis true. I started talking in a British accent. Oh and I kind of like it.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's actually not bad.
Speaker 3: I know, it's really actually quite fun. So if you guys want to do this at home with your family and your friends, it's actually very very fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, Irish because I watched the band Choose of inn Share and the board that sticks with you boy, and it's uh, by the way, I highly recommend that. But yeah, you just can't stop yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't stop. And I came into the studio this morning and was trying to get everybody to do it, and here nobody played along with me. So it was quite weird. But I'm still really much enjoying it. Well, really nice, get into a weird place. Shall we check emails?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do that. We're gonna take a break first. We'll be right back. Oh my god, that was Tim Buss.
Speaker 3: You thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think we have some emails. And the first one is a little I'm interested to hear the thought. It's an opinion, so Mark take it away.
Speaker 1: They are both anonymous, and the first one says, Hi, Tanya, Becca, Mark and East and I really need your help. I recently matched with my brother's best friend on bumble. We ended up having the most fun banter back and forth the rest of the night. At the end of the messaging and I gave him my number and I waited days for him to text me, but he never did, so I called him out. I said, are you not texting me because of my brother? And he said yeah. He said he was into me, but he couldn't do that to my brother. He's so sure things would end badly, or even if they didn't, then it would be awkward and he would lose a friend. Should I talk to my brother or respect what his friend is telling me and let it go for reference, I'm thirty five and he's thirty seven.
Speaker 3: My knee jerk reaction is like.
Speaker 2: Lame that he didn't reach out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the heart was what it wants. Yeah, you guys might be a perfect match. You might be your one true pairing. He might be your one true pairing, and you can't let your brother get in the way of that. Yes, you should talk to you brother, right, or he should talk to your brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like when I say lame, like he's being lame.
Speaker 4: Well, he's trying to respect his best friend and that his friendship. So I don't I don't really feel like he's being lame. I think he's just scared of like worst case scenario, which is, I mean we all go there.
Speaker 3: You know, we can't live in a place of fear.
Speaker 4: I agree, we can't, but I do think it's I think it's worth it to have a conversation. He should have a conversation with his friend, your brother, and just be honest and be like, hey, we matched on bubble, Like how would you feel about that? And if the brothers, like I would feel very uncomfortable with it and it's awkward.
Speaker 1: Well then he needs to get over himself, don't you think. Yes, well, let's ask you too. You both have brothers. Would you ever have dated one of your brother's friends?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: My god, yes, best friend? Yes, Okay, there's one.
Speaker 2: I mean, my brother's so much younger than me, so it's gonna like it's.
Speaker 3: Like a hypothetic. You know, I do go there, but I think you go there.
Speaker 4: I think I would, Well, Hailey's best friend is dating her brother?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh there you go.
Speaker 4: But it's like there, you know, it's like there's there was that thought of, like, you know, is it going to be complicated?
Speaker 2: But I think it.
Speaker 4: I think eventually, if you love your sibling, you want them to be happy.
Speaker 1: I say, it's fine, and you should try to make this happen.
Speaker 2: But on who who's is she supposed to talk to?
Speaker 3: Her brother?
Speaker 2: Is a friend supposed to talk to his friend? Like who needs to talk to whom?
Speaker 3: Who needs to talk to whom?
Speaker 4: Whom?
Speaker 1: I think she could maybe start up a conversation with a brother and feel out the situation.
Speaker 2: I think I agree.
Speaker 4: I would say too No, I would say, hey, so the other night I matched with Bobby Bobby and we had a really great chat and there I felt like there was a connection there.
Speaker 2: Would that be Would that be weird for you? And just feel it out?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I feel like if you have.
Speaker 4: Like a normal, nice brother, he's gonna be like no. But if he says yes, then maybe there is something he knows about this guy that he's like, I don't know that i'd want you dating him.
Speaker 2: I honestly think.
Speaker 4: It's weird if this guy is a really good guy for your brother to say like, I'm uncomfortable with that because if he's a really good guy and he knows him, Why wouldn't he want his sister to be with someone like that? If he says that makes me uncomfortable, I think that maybe he doesn't see him being a good fit for you or being That's what I would think. Otherwise, It's like everyone needs to live their life and let live your life. Happiness flow throughout. You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Great?
Speaker 1: This next one's also anonymous. My ex boyfriend dm me on Instagram, saying he misses me a lot and is wondering if I'd be available to chat. I've been married to my incredible husband for five years. We're very happy together. This X cheated on me with his now wife. Yes he is married too. If I'm honest, my ego is flattered than my cheating ex boyfriend is showing regrets seven years after our relationship bended. But that's all there is to it. On my end. I love my husband. I'm grateful for the way things turned out. But how do I handle this? Do I respond to the X and shut the door? Do I tell my husband this happened. I don't want to get into his head for no reason? Do I delete the DM pretend it never happened. I was hoping Mark and Ethan could weigh in because they're married men.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't respond to the DM personally.
Speaker 3: No, but I also wouldn't delete it and pretend I didn't have I.
Speaker 2: Would even like not respond and then if you I don't tell your husband yeah and be like, yeah, he messaged me.
Speaker 4: I didn't even respond. But I don't know if. I don't know if it's like actually necessary. But I think it would just be like open an honest dialogue between you and your husband. But I don't even think you delete it. I don't think you respond to it.
Speaker 2: Just let it be. That's what I think.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the married man here, one of the two says, uh, but exactly that, don't delete it and tell your husband. Look at this, my ext boss, check this guy out. What's probably happening is that the ex boy is trying to make amends, like I don't know what he's going through, but he's trying to like, you know, heal any wounds, right, any wrongs, but that's not that's his journey and you have nothing to do with that and you don't need that, but they think you need that, like they're trying to get closure. It's a weird thing. It's a weird thing because you want I've wronged people in the past. I'd love to go back and apologize to them. As somebody that's on Twitter recently and I was like, oh my gosh, I remember that person. I was a dick to that person. I remember that now. And I was like, I'm going to write them a DM and tell them how sorry I am.
Speaker 2: No, no, And then I realized, no, that's selfish.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is selfish to do that. They either don't remember you, they could care less, or they hate your guts. Either way, none of that is going to be welcome to them. So if she were to say to me, hey, I think you were kind of a jerk to me, I remember you, I'd be like, yes, I wasn't, so sorry.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Let them open the door. But anyway, I'm getting off track. That's what you do tell your husband, but ignore it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I think that's all we have for today, folks, It's all we have.
Speaker 3: I wanted to say thank you so much to everybody. No, really, really really think everybody, because the response to book launch and pub day was like a dream. And I really mean it when I say I kept just I cried a lot, because it's been a passion project, and now that it's out, it's just really cool that people are reading it and sending in things and writing reviews, and I'm just really really grateful.
Speaker 2: When do we find out about New York Times Bestseller List?
Speaker 3: I think this week, but I mean you better believe I'll keep everybody posting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we'll be follow Tanya for updates.
Speaker 3: We get numbers on Wednesday, so I don't know, maybe probably end of the week.
Speaker 2: Great. Looking forward to seeing your name up there.
Speaker 3: Me too, Me too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's any questions.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's any question either. It's just like, but you know, it's okay.
Speaker 3: If not, it's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, life will move on if not, but and life will still be amazing, and it will it'll be sunshiny.
Speaker 1: And start thinking about your second book.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, I want to bask in this one a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let that one.
Speaker 3: Let that one come to me. No, I was gonna say, needs to come to me.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, let the first one just resonate, you know, let it be inside of you and all around you and take it in. And then when you feel ready to move on to the next inspired, Inspired, then you'll.
Speaker 3: Know yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 2: Great. Well, that's the end of the show for today.
Speaker 4: Thank you all for joining, Thank you Taylor Swift for just being and thank you too for just being for just being you. Thanks Taylor for being you, and we hope you all have a great week and we'll be back on Monday.
Speaker 3: We love you, good boy.
Speaker 4: Eight