Speaker 1: Episode four sixty eight, How to Get Free Books.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Frugal Friends podcast, where you'll learn to save money, embrace simplicity, and live at your life. Here your hosts, Jen and Jill.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Frugal Friends podcast. My name is Jen, my name is Jill, and today we are going to let you in on all the secrets on how to get free books.
Speaker 3: That's so great.
Speaker 1: You'll only pay for one book for the rest of your life after this, maybe two to say, but really that's all you'll need.
Speaker 4: And speaking of this episode is brought to you by saying thank you. It's just a nice thing to do, especially when someone does something really nice for you, like give you free money saving content for six point seven five years, and especially when those same people tell you how to get free books. But how on earth do you say thank you for something so generous? You buy their book called Buy What You Love without going broke? Yes, we are talking about us, yours truly, Chill and Jen, and we are being super transparent about all the ways you can get free books on this episode, and we do hope that you do that, but we also.
Speaker 3: Really hope that you pre order our book.
Speaker 4: It is what helps this thing do well, because pre orders are what counts towards identifying whether a book is or isn't doing well. Waiting until it's been on the shelves for a month, we'll still take it. But if you think you want this book, the best time to get it is now. It's what communicates to the people in the big offices that this is the type of content that we all want more of. It doesn't just help us, it helps our entire community. It helps other content creators who have similar messages to keep talking about this version of consumption, this version of mindful spending that we really do believe can be life changing, super impactful for you and your children and your children's children and your children's children's children.
Speaker 1: Buy what you Love book dot com.
Speaker 3: We are nearly on our.
Speaker 1: Knees if Frugal Friends has helped you save twenty five dollars in your life. We would be so honored, so grateful if you would get Buy what you Love without going broke and help us further this mission and help other people save twenty five dollars or more.
Speaker 4: Buy what you loovebook dot com, and if you do pre order, we're also giving you other little freebe incentives.
Speaker 3: We're doing an all year meal plan live together with you December twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're walking you through how to make your own one year meal plan and doing it with you.
Speaker 4: Then in January, we're doing a full year spending plan, walking you through how to plan out your finances for the entire year. That's live with both Jen and I. It's also then recorded. So go to buy what youolovebook dot com first pre order, then fill out the form on that same website and you'll get included into those live events.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, so let's not bury the lead. We are talking about how to get free books because we are trying to sell our book and we want you to buy our book and then never have to buy any other books again unless you are supporting the mission of an author like us. So we love free books. It is the primary way that we get our books. He because we're minimalists, right, we don't love, we don't value as highly the stacks of books and the bookshelves like books to grammers on instagrammer TikTok do for those people, that's fantastic, and maybe you're one of them. Maybe you're going to buy two copies of buy what you love without going broke. Yeah, but we hope that you'll buy our book, You'll read it, and if you love it, maybe you'll pass it on to a friend if you're a minimalist and you don't want to keep it around, or maybe you'll refer back to it. Whatever it is we want you to recognize, Yes, there are a lot of ways to get books for free, but if you want more personal finance messages that sound similar to ours out in the library and available to other people who may not listen to podcasts, then pre ordering our book is the way to do it.
Speaker 4: So this first article that we're gonna or there's the only article that we're going to go through, comes from making Sense of Sense a little play on words, Michelle. Yes, and it is titled thirteen ways to get free books online and sent to you, And I'm just gonna kick it off with this first one.
Speaker 3: We all know it.
Speaker 4: But the library, of course, your local library, you can rent out books and that costs you nothing.
Speaker 3: But also if you.
Speaker 4: Don't know, Hoopla and Libby are apps that you can connect to your local library through these apps and also rent ebooks and audio books through the Hoopla or Libby app for Jen and I, we're actually able to use both both Hoopla and Libby connect to our local library system, but check which one works for you. We are both a part of a book club, and this is entirely how we read our books. So even though we are reading regularly, we're not purchasing every book that we're reading, and this is we actually will make our selection based on what's available.
Speaker 3: Through Hoopla or Libby. So that's the best kind of book club to be a part of.
Speaker 4: But if you're not already a member of your local library, there's more more reason than one to do that. But certainly forgetting all the books you want.
Speaker 1: And speaking of the library, I should probably check to see if this is further down. I don't think it is. No, So you can actually if you don't have access to Hoopla or Libby at your library, you can get non resident card library cards for different states, and so some of them are free and some of them just maybe cost like fifty to one hundred dollars a year. So Alabama, there's Jefferson County that's fifty dollars a year. Anchorage Public libraries fifty dollars a year, but you get the first three months for free. There's Maricopa County in Arizona, Central Arkansas, Los Angeles, San Diego, Sunny Vale, Palas Verdes, San Jose, so there's a lot and a lot of the ones in California are free, but so yeah, you can go. There's a Everyday Reading Everyday dash reading dot com has a list of all the places where you can get non resident library cards, along with how much they cost, if anything, and then you can see if they have access to Hoopla or Libby or whichever one you're not getting. So the next one on here is getting sent to your home. I love this one.
Speaker 3: She mcgirrel.
Speaker 1: Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. Dolly has given free books to kids since nineteen ninety five, and this is such a popular program if you have kids, this is a fantastic thing to sign up for and getting your getting like a gift in the mail every month for your kid that you didn't have to buy is so so fun. It's just like a fun event every single month when we we get a book. I'm not sure if it's from Dolly Parton, we do. I think it's just from Penelas County schools. But so yeah, check your school. Check your schools too. Ours is for atlass So it's like for up to until you get into school. They're for like early reader, it's for early readers.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They just send it to you and you can keep it. Yeah, yeah, you keep it. It's a gift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So check to see what's local in your area and if you don't have one, Dolly Parton's Imagination Library.
Speaker 4: The third that will point out is little free libraries. These are popping up everywhere in both urban and suburban areas.
Speaker 3: I mean, even if you live rurally.
Speaker 4: I bet there's somebody out there with a little free library at the end of their driveway. It's just people in the neighborhood setting up small boxes with books.
Speaker 3: The ideas take a book, leave a book, or just take a book.
Speaker 4: When you come across a book you want to leave in its place, feel free to do that. I actually did this before I had I got called in a jury duty. This was over a year ago at this point, but I really wanted to. I was anticipating I might be here all day and I don't know what their deal is going to be with having cell phones on and whatnot.
Speaker 3: So I want to take a book, but the.
Speaker 4: Library was closed by the time that I learned that I was doing jury duty. I don't know, I don't know how it was happening. I just know I couldn't get to the library, but I wanted books. So Eric and I went on a bike ride, knowing that we've seen these little free libraries in our neighborhood. Let's just start going up and down the roads we came across on like a fifteen minute bike ride. I want to say, four little free libraries. So I stopped at all of them and found some really great options in these little free libraries.
Speaker 3: So that was so so fun.
Speaker 4: So take it, bring it back when you're done, or replace it with something else. These are such cool concepts.
Speaker 1: So number four and one that we are getting acquainted with is review books. So this is if you are beyond the library, if you're beyond getting your non resident library cards elsewhere. This is the rest of this episode is for you going into review books. This is a popular way for avid readers to enjoy new books without spending money on them. In return, authors and publishers get either honest feedback or reviews on Goodreads, and so this is if you prefer like physical books, you can do book Rebel. There's net Galley, Online, book Club, read z R E d s Y, Kirkus Review. I think the biggest one and I don't see this. I think net Galley is the biggest one right now. It's the one our publisher is using. If you sign up for a net Galley account, then you can start getting advanced reader copies arcs of books before they're published, and it's just and the only exchange that they might want is a review or sharing it if you have like a social media presence, and you'll figure out what your contribution will be as you're signing up for net Galley. But that's the one that publishers are really using right now.
Speaker 4: The next one on here is Project Gutenberg. They are a great place to find ebooks. So it has over seventy thousand books you can download or read online. It does say that most of them are going to be older works, meaning they're out of copyright, but you can choose books in different formats from epub or Kindle. Go to the website, pick out what you want, download them to your device. But they do have a range of genres from novels to nonfiction, classic literature, and you could stay updated on their new book. You can subscribe to learn when new titles are being added to the collection, so you can kind of know what's newly available for you to download through Project Gutenberg.
Speaker 1: The next one on here is my absolute favorite. No other way, no other way. Ask friends and family. So this is either you're putting out a call, like in person or on Facebook or Instagram, being like, hey, I'm looking for a new book. Does anybody want to swap books? And this can be a great thing to do when you finish reading by what you love without going broke, being like I just read this amazing book and I'm ready for a new one. Does anybody want to swap books? Because we all have books that we own that we want to own, but we also feel bad that they're just sitting there. But also we kind of don't want to just like hand them out because we don't know we'll get them back right.
Speaker 4: Right, But with a swap, yeah, then you've got some collateral.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, So this is fantastic to do before any holiday, Like any time you think about it, It's just a fantastic way to figure out what your friends and family are reading, connect with them. If they loved the book, then you'll probably love the book, and then you'll have something to talk about. I've done this with many smutty books this year and last, so I know.
Speaker 4: Well we've probably mentioned this on another episode too, but this could also just make a good Christmas gift.
Speaker 3: If you do have a book.
Speaker 4: That you no longer that you own, but you know you're not going to read it again, you're fine with parting with it. You know some friend or family member would be interested in reading it. There you go, just give it as a gift free, not only free. You know, it's not just about receiving free books, it's about giving free books too. The next one on this list is openlibrary dot org, so you can find a lot of more free books on open library. It's like a digital library where you can read and borrow books online, and they've got millions available. They also come in multiple languages. I'm going to assume that most people here are primary English speakers if you're listening to us, but if you speak other languages, where you know people who speak other languages, this is a really great resource so you can search for books in your preferred language. Just simply type that language into the search bar look through their categories. But that's another website you can get free books from.
Speaker 1: Next is your buy nothing groups. Sure, and this could be a fun thread to start in your buy nothing group saying like, you don't have to do a full book haul, but being like, I have these books, does somebody want to trade or just have them? And in the thread be like, Hey, if you have a few books that you're looking to gift, then post them in this thread. Let's start a book thread for the next week. So buy nothing groups are great for that. These like these threads, these short term threads that are fun and you can have people post something like the funniest meme gets you know, the most popular book or whatever. But I love this idea for buy nothing groups because maybe you don't have a lot of like maybe you have a lot of fiction readers in your friend group, but not a lot of nonfiction, and so you can start like a nonfiction book thread in your buy nothing group or vice versa. So this could be a really fun way to discover new books in a place that's already primed for gifting.
Speaker 4: The next one on here is book bub deals. So like book bub deals, this one isn't exclusively free books, but they will tell you about free and inexpensive books that you can save money on purchasing through Kindle, Nook, other places that you might be reading digital copies of books. So you would sign up for their free website, put you mail.
Speaker 1: They have a newsletter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they say sign up for free on the book bub website, but yes, yes to receive an email, and you would tell them exactly what types of books you like, what kind you want to read, and they will email you regularly with deals that are happening, maybe on the genres that you're interested in, either free or the steep discounts. They themselves do not sell books directly, but they'll show you where the deals are happening, whether it be through Barnes and Noble or Amazon or other.
Speaker 3: Book websites like that.
Speaker 4: So that would be maybe second level if you've kind of exhausted these other free options, to utilize BookBub because it's not necessarily always going to be entirely free, and you don't always want emails daily telling you to spend money, so proceed with caution and knowledge of yourself. But that's another resource you could look into.
Speaker 1: Well, I used BookBub when I was self publishing. So a strategy that a lot of self published authors will use is at least when they're going exclusive to Amazon, is the first couple days the ebook will be free. And so to get the word out about those free books or that free book, you take out an ad on BookBub or Free book c freebooks dot com, I believe, and those are how you get people to find out. But yeah, Free books cy isn't even on this list. But freebook c dot com is free ebooks in a lot of different genres. And again you go to freebooks dot com, enter your email and subscribe and they'll send you every day. It's a lot of self published and it's a lot of fiction versus nonfiction. So both book Bub and Free books c will be more of your romance, horror, mystery, science fiction, fantasy, literary fiction. There is some nonfiction self help how to stuff, and you can actually tell them what you're more interested, if it's one and the other or both. But yeah, you're just gonna get because there are so many more fiction books being self published, you're going to get more of those in these newsletters. But yeah, you will find free kindle books on both BookBub and free Books. Next is the Overdrive app. So this is similar to Hooplah and Libby. This is I was actually using Overdrive before Libby and Hooplah were I don't know if they were a thing or before they were popular rise, but it's similar, so it's the same thing if you love reading. The Overdrive app has got ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, and it's all connected with your local library. So again you'll need to connect your local library card to Overdrive, and then if your library card does not use Overdrive, look into that list of I mean, there's a ton of them around the country of the non read library cards that you can get to see if they are connected to Overdrive, Libby, or Hooplah.
Speaker 3: This next one is really interesting.
Speaker 4: It's called book crossing and in the article they describe it as the practice of leaving a book in a public place to be picked up and read by others who then do likewise. So it's like a global library where you can find, share and track books. So definitely maybe similar to your community libraries. It's a fun, community driven way to share books, discover new ones without spending anything and kind of has that treasure hunt element to it, a little bit of geo caching going on. So again, that one's called book crossing and not only gets you some free books, but kind of connects you, gets you outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's not like littering. You go to bookcrossing dot com and you download labels and then you print them and put them in the book, so the person knows this is a geocash kind of, this is a book geocash.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's got to be the first one to get to it. Yeah, we should do that with ours. Ooh oh what Okay, Okay, And it's not littering.
Speaker 3: It's not not littering.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, don't just leave a book without a geocash thing in it, all right. Next is the Amazon Kindle Store. So what I was saying with free books and BookBub, where self published authors will offer their books free for a couple of days, obviously, the most of those are going to be on the actual Amazon Kindle Store. And the reason that I want to like point this one out specifically on the list is because so many times Amazon wants you to purchase a subscription to Kindle Unlimited, and so it will take you you are you will be on a book and it will say like zero dollars now, right, There's a difference between buy now with one click for zero dollars or trying a Kindle unlimited deal for however many days, So when you are going and it's and they make it really confusing on purpose. I remember when I put my own books up for free on Kindle, I was confused on like it was free, and they still wanted me to get a subscription to these things. So I'm trying to find one so that I so when it's actually free, will say by now with one click, and it will the Kindle price will be zero dollars and it will be saved so much money, one hundred percent. And when it is not, I'm trying to figure out the exact verbiage. Carry on, Jill, Well, I.
Speaker 4: Just want to add on some of my own things that were not listed in this article of other ways to get free books. So one one additional way could be entering book giveaways. This is a little bit more right place, right time kind of situation. But be following authors, following content creators, the people who are writing books. They will eventually do book giveaways, or even the guests on podcasts like I Know Haley and Justin from Price of Avocado Toast podcast had us on and they are doing a book giveaway. Five of our books they're giving away, So things like that happen, right, Yeah, go listen to them, get our book for free, but also pre order it please thank you. So as you're kind of engaging with content and the people that you love and trust, you might also find yourself able to enter some of these giveaways. You can request Galley's. So if you see that there's somebody that you really enjoy listening to reading from and this author is putting out another book, reaching out to them either through email or DM and saying that you are willing to give them a review on their publishing date in return for an advanced reader copy. They call it an ARC for short.
Speaker 3: Arc A lot of time.
Speaker 4: I mean, if someone want to reach out to us and say that yees yees. Actually we did do that for our Street Team. Street Team applications are closed at this point, wah wah, But yeah, the people who are going to be giving us reviews did get an advanced reader copy and from there just utilizing the internet for even short stories and poems. If you're just a reader who loves to read and you love to engage in kind of even small snippets. They don't even have to be full books. There's so many places that you can also find some of these shorter literature pieces. Of course, Project Gutenberg that we already mentioned, the Library of Short Stories, Poetry Foundation, certainly magazines that you can get from the library. So those are just some other ways to digest some other types of literature.
Speaker 1: Yes, and so it looks like they did correct the verbiage used on the free butts, so they aren't so much trying to trick you anymore to get that kindle unlimited subscription.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm glad that that's changed. And don't count self published books on Amazon, Like I'm looking at one right now that is free right now, and it is a Wall Street or a USA Today bestseller, so it's you know there, Yeah, there's just because it's free, it's it doesn't mean it is a poor quality. So definitely take advantage of all of these ways to get free books. And yeah, I personally love audio books on Hoopla and Libby. That's my favorite way to get free books.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Usually Audible has a thirty day free trial that you could take advantage of. There's also another website called archive dot org. So if you've never looked at our show notes before, yeah, this is a time to look at it.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to this right now and you want to listen to our book, the audio version, you can get your thirty day free trial of Audible and use that free credit for our book. WHOA, Yeah, you can't because it's within like a month of publishing, so it'll just you'll get it on January seventh.
Speaker 3: Oh that's exciting. So yeah, and.
Speaker 1: If you want to help us out at no cost to you, Frugal Friends podcast dot com slash audible and.
Speaker 3: That's where you'd be away. Yeah. Oh that's smart, so smart.
Speaker 4: You know what else is smart and fun and exciting and welcoming and free.
Speaker 1: The Billa the week.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's time for the best minute of your entire week. Maybe a baby was born and his name is William. Maybe you paid off your mortgage, Maybe your car died and you're happy to not have to pay that bill anymore.
Speaker 3: That's bill Loo Bills, Bill clear This is the bill of the week.
Speaker 5: Hey, Jen and Jill, this is Vilain. I'm calling you from Paris, where the Olympics frenzy is in full speed. My bill of the week is actually not a bill. It's some money I did not expect I would get. It's it's basically a bonus that my company was supposed to give us, but they gave us the gross amount, and I substracted more than I should from the gross amount to make up the net amount, and it's a lot more than what I thought. So I'm really excited. And now what I need to do is to not spurge on some Olympics tickets because those are expensive you don't see as well as on TV. And it's obviously very tempting because I have this full amount of money that I did not expect to get. So yeah, I'm going to try to do that otherwise. I have to say, Jen, your Olympics party sounded really, really fun. It was obviously very fun to be here too, although it rained the whole time. But we are all very excited and very proud and very excited to have all these American American people running around the city. And people are just so happy to be here. It's really really cool. So yeah, kisses from Paris Bizou.
Speaker 4: Oh my, yeah, we are the crazy Americans.
Speaker 3: It's running around our podcast studio right now. So excited about that.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. I am honored that you would think that my party would be even slightly as fun as what happened in Paris. And yeah, it was a good party. It was a good party, and it did not rain inside my house, and I did feel a little bad, but it was still so what I mean, Selene deyond can go? Can you even? No, Ken, you can't, you can't even.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad that you were there.
Speaker 4: I heard so many people left the city in preparation for all the crazy Americans and others running around, But I'm so thrilled that you were there, got to partake in the energy of it. And congratulations on this unexpected bonus that you received, and how it's not only unexpected, but more than what you thought, even the take home amount. And I'm with you about the not being tempted to just spend it on who knows what, because it's money that you.
Speaker 3: Didn't even think you were going to get. I'd be so curious.
Speaker 4: To know what you did spend it on. I mean, whether you want to just email us, send us a DM, call in another bill.
Speaker 3: We're here for it.
Speaker 4: If you want to update us on how you ended up spending that bonus, I'm so curious, but thank you so much for leaving us such a kind Bill of the week. If you all are listening and you have a bill that you want to share, if it's about trying to figure out what to do with unexpected bills, or what you have done with unexpected bills, or you are a bill who someone didn't expect.
Speaker 3: Rugal friendspodcast dot com slash bill. We can't wait for it. And now it's time for the lightning round.
Speaker 1: Favorite book that you got for free. So my favorite, I think is The Nightingale by christ and Hannah. It is one of my top favorite favorite books and got it from the library and I love it so much.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have yet to read that one. I'm currently reading Four Winds.
Speaker 1: I mean, Christian all around. You cannot go wrong with any of her books.
Speaker 4: After reading Oh, what was the first one about the Vietnam War?
Speaker 3: The Women, The Women, Yeah.
Speaker 4: That one shook me hill because Jen was like, oh, if you don't cry at this your psychopath.
Speaker 3: And I was like, that's an extreme statement.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I hope happens to me, but I do know I'm going to be ostracized if I don't cry. But I'm like, I don't think I'm going to cry, Like I don't. I don't cry at movies, I don't cry at books. I do have a heart, but I just don't cry that often. I know this about Jill, and so I read it, put it down, was like, wow, that was the end.
Speaker 3: What a journey didn't cry?
Speaker 4: I was like, oh boy, What's I'm gonna have to say about this one? Four hours later, though, after having finished the book, I am full out sobbing. Eric comes into I don't know, the office, the kitchen, wherever, wherever I was, and he's like, what wrong? And I was citing all these other reasons, and there were other things. There were other like cumulative pieces that like were making me maybe a little sad, but none of it cry worthy, None of it would. I I'm just like, I don't know, it's just I don't know why I'm crying. And then thirty minutes after that, I was like, actually, I think I'm crying because of the book that I finished today. He's like, so, yeah, I think the book did make me cry.
Speaker 3: It was just like a delayed effect. But then what I wanted to.
Speaker 4: Do was I immediately downloaded The Nightingale. After that, it's like, what do I do from here? It's like a book, and I felt like I just needed to jump into the next thing. And then I had to pause because I'm like, this is a very extreme reaction. This cost my emotions and my mental state a lot. I loved it, I just.
Speaker 3: Don't know if I can do this again to myself. So I did. I went.
Speaker 4: I went to something much more lighthearted. But now I'm back. I'm back in it. I'm reading a Kristen Hannah book. Are really yeah, and we're just preparing ourselves. Okay, we're just gonna be ready for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can't. I mean, you can't go wrong with Kristin Hannah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, I don't know about my favorite all time book that I got for free, so I'm just gonna focus on this year. I enjoyed Transcendent Kingdom by Yaka Yasi. It was just a really cathartic book to me.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it. Of course, I got it for free.
Speaker 4: It was a book club book that we read, and I just get them all through Hoopla our Libby. But all the children's books that I have, i've inherited from my own childhood, or my mom has gotten them for me, or a friend has gotten them for me because they know that I just like children's books. I meanwhile, I am not the one with children, but I do have a good amount of children come visit, so that helps to have some toys and books on hand.
Speaker 3: But my favorite children's.
Speaker 4: Book I think at this like today, if you're gonna ask me to day, is this one that my mom gave me called if You Find a Rock, And.
Speaker 3: I just think it's so fun. Oh that's fun. I've never heard of that one. I don't think it's popular.
Speaker 4: I think it's potentially written just by a children's author in the area that I grew up in. And there's no there's not necessarily some this is going to teach you to be a better person kind of book. It's just a sweet, cathartic like about all the different types of rocks you can find. I think one of the reasons I love it is because I was a child of the woods who did enjoy?
Speaker 3: Who did enjoy?
Speaker 4: Like making soups and stews out of grass and collecting rocks in the suburbs.
Speaker 3: Skipping rocks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I had woods on the property and that's where I would go into the woods and do my thing with my rocks.
Speaker 3: I love to climb on rocks. I love to skip rocks.
Speaker 4: So for me, I'm like, I get I get this book because I love.
Speaker 3: All the use of it. And then you also realize there's so much you can do with rocks. How cool is that?
Speaker 4: Okay, let's move on, let's you move out of this please too much vulnerability, rain and in.
Speaker 1: That's so fun. Yeah. But we get a lot of children's books, and we get them mostly from the library. Either we inherit a lot of children's books too. I think, like mom, friends, passing on books is a kindness. That's what I every birthday part I And here's a hack mom's I don't buy things for birthday parties for my kids' friends. I pick a book from the bookshelf. It either gets wrapped or goes in a bag, and that is the gift. It is a regifted book every single time.
Speaker 3: And it's on brand now it's just your thing.
Speaker 1: That's my thing. I don't know if I'm known for it. I hope I'm not known for.
Speaker 4: It, but are now I'm talking about a publicly Yeah, lead, you're a one issue voter. It's you're a one gift I know, support local libraries and.
Speaker 1: Give used books as gifts and that's my platform. So thank you so much for listening. We hope that if you are a book lover, if you want to read more books in twenty twenty five, if you want your children to read more books in twenty twenty five, that you found this helpful, and I truly, truly hope that you will join us on our mission to make personal finance education more equitable and more inclusive. And that comes by purchasing books from people who do not all look the same who write all the personal finance books. So you have a great opportunity to do that this year with buy what you love without going broke, And yeah, I just hope that you will will feel as passionate about the mission as we do and bringing more empathy to this traditionally callous subject. So wow, And if you've already pre ordered the book and you want to leave a kind review, about the podcast. While you're waiting to leave a review about the book, take a cue from kol A Lemmi, who says, amazing five stars. I've been listening to these ladies for the last few years, and I think I've heard them all. Jen Andjel are realistic about their money ideas and advice. I have been able to up my budgeting game the more I listen, but also give myself grace when I slip. Books and plants are my weakness. We're here for your calling time. Thank you, ladies for always giving us such good advice and making it real.
Speaker 4: Ooh, so this is a great episode for Collie Lemmy. I hope you're here and I hope you're hearing us call you out. Thank you so much for such a lovely review that will hopefully help other people know if this is a good fit for them. And so yeah, if you've not left a review, please do that.
Speaker 3: We would be so grateful. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Frugal Friends is produced by Eric Sirianni.
Speaker 3: Book are you currently reading, Jennifer?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm in between books right now.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, how does that feel like you're just out in the water, no anchor, I know, I read I listened to all my books, and then I was waiting for some books, and.
Speaker 1: So right now I have let's see, I have a couple borrowed. I just finished up The Entire Suite of Emily Henry rom Comms, and I have The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue. And I have The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
Speaker 3: So that one keeps coming up for me.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why I'm borrowed.
Speaker 4: Interesting, I'm the curious. Well, you should be reading our book club book. You shouldn't be in between book.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: What is the book the Berry Pickers?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, mm hmm, yeah, right.
Speaker 3: So that's that's what we're both reading right now.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 3: How's Berry Pickers?
Speaker 4: It's okay, I would say I'm about halfway through. Uh, I'll be interested to see how it keeps going from here. I feel like they're about to wrap up. It feels very much like you're to get this story. I think one more chapter I'll do it.
Speaker 3: So how many characters?
Speaker 4: I mean I have?
Speaker 3: I'm and listening to it, so there's got to be at least fifty percent more left to go. So I don't know.
Speaker 4: It feels like okay, So if Emily Henry feels like you're watching a Hallmark movie.
Speaker 3: This one feels like you're watching a Lifetime movie.
Speaker 1: Oh m hm, so I you got to be in the mood for I don't think Emily Henry is a Hallmark movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess that's true. She's like a close though.
Speaker 1: She's like a big screen rom com.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, either way, this one feels like you're watching a Lifetime Okay, okay, we have more time though that We.
Speaker 1: Got to keep fielding questions. Can I can I take a call from my husband?
Speaker 4: Yes, we've never done this before. We're taking a caller seven. Oh no, let's hope he wants to say something that we're willing to air. I'm I'm not going to air him, only your side of things. This is a very fun experiment that's making me a little bit nervous, a little bit sweaty. We are in our unhinged era. Though she's trying to call him now I'm doing play by play. She's trying to call him back, and he's not answering, even though he has called multiple times. Oh, he just tried face timing.
Speaker 1: I think it's because I think there's a problem.
Speaker 4: And if you're still staying for this part of the episode. You you are the real deal and you probably should be pre ordering our book. You can also take this time to pre order our book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're recording an episode.
Speaker 3: You're our special guest.
Speaker 1: You're our special guest.
Speaker 3: Just and I feel like I should fill some space now. Yeah. I don't know what his update is about, but okay, yeah, I don't know how riveting it is.
Speaker 1: Okay, love you bye.
Speaker 3: Okay, yep, he's updated us, checking up on me. Oh wow, Yeah, just concerned that the call wasn't going through.
Speaker 1: There's something going on with his phone. Yeah, okay, so he's fine. Now he's gonna be fine.
Speaker 5: Are we are?
Speaker 3: We? And we're not yet? We about five seconds away.
Speaker 1: This is funny playing fun fun game.
Speaker 5: That we.
Speaker 4: We're gonna record another episode after this. Hopefully we can meet our time requirement on that one.
Speaker 1: We usually have no problem meeting our time requirement.
Speaker 4: We just are able to rattle off these book tips so fast that what what more? What more do you have to say about it other than buy what you loovebook dot com