Speaker 1: There he is very is how's it going everybody?
Speaker 2: Now? Look, Dan and Joelle have both changed up their backgrounds, and you appear to have a dress case you might wear today hanging.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, what's that dress for you? It's not for me? First of all, hold on, how are you?
Speaker 2: I miss you?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Well you don't because you started off with some type of rude shit.
Speaker 2: You know what was rude about saying, is Casey gonna wear that dress that's hanging?
Speaker 1: It's a very When I said she wasn't gonna wear that today, you automatically asked if it was for me? Right now? I am one who doesn't mind dress is hanging in the background. You, however, seem to have a phobia of it.
Speaker 2: I think my point was in the spirit your dress a phobia, in the spirit of everyone changing their backgrounds. All three of you have a new background, and you do not know you're not drinking coffee.
Speaker 1: I've turned over a new leaf. I don't know if you know this, but.
Speaker 2: It's time for another leaf. What leaf did you turn over this morning?
Speaker 1: I've turned forty six? Yes, Donald, thank you, everyone, thank you.
Speaker 2: This will get bearing late. Everyone, but Donald's birthday was the twenty second.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I turned forty six years old. And I want to thank everybody for all the love that you've given me. And I want to say to all my fans out there that listen to the podcast and all of Zach's fans that listen to the podcast, it's working. Come join the dark side. Oh yeah, combine strength, we can rule this galaxy.
Speaker 2: I saw a lot of talk on my Instagram about how everyone needs to follow Donald and some girl wrote you need to help Donald get more followers because he quote caught feelings or something like that. I thought that was a funny question. Did you catch feelings?
Speaker 1: Who doesn't catch? I always catch, always catch feelings?
Speaker 2: You got feeling about it? By the way, your wife slid into my DMS today because she was not happy with the picture I posted a view. It's an old picture, by the way, obviously, because we're lying on a chaise lounge together and it's we're in quarantine. But Donald was during one of his heavier periods and his wife slid into my DMS to be like, why are you posting that picture of top?
Speaker 1: She said? She said to me, she said, did you see the picture of Zach posted I was like, yeah. She was like, he couldn't crop anything.
Speaker 2: That's what she said. She said, you couldn't get a friend he could out and do some cropping.
Speaker 1: He couldn't have cropped that. I was like, crap. What she was like, your belly?
Speaker 2: Oh shit, well, I didn't know. I love you so much. I didn't notice that you were in that picture having a large belly. Time.
Speaker 1: He looked very handsome and thank you very much. Wife.
Speaker 2: Your wife was like crop that ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah right? And and and you know, I I think everyone out there deserves someone like I have. I have a wonderful woman who uh is very supportive and takes care of situations that I might be a little bit uh you know, apprehensive to no, no, no, yeah, you know. Instead of me being like, well why did Zach post that and get upset at Zach, I'll stay away from the confrontation and the conflict. Whereas my wife's like, no, no, no, we ain't letting that shit slide. What's what's what's Zach's number? And she will call you on. She's like the mom.
Speaker 2: I know some people that are very gifted at photoshop. If you want, I could, I could take off some pounds from that picture for you.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I like, I mean, I think all of me is beautiful.
Speaker 2: I can extra, I could paint in abs.
Speaker 1: No no, no, I think I think all Like I said, all of me is beautiful, even the extra. Just ask my wife.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny that we're starting off a little bit confrontational because in this episode, do you remember what happened? We got in a fight. We got in probably our first fight.
Speaker 1: I don't remember when.
Speaker 2: This was during the lasso thing in the ICU fantasy because I was pulling you too hard, told me way too hard, and you screamed like a like no, don't. I got hurt because you were fucking really legit yanking me across the ground with your lasso.
Speaker 1: And you were like, don't pull me so hard.
Speaker 2: No, And then we got in a fight, and I think the rest of that scene we're like not speaking to each other.
Speaker 1: Really, you don't remember this.
Speaker 2: When I watched this episode, I went, oh, that was like our first time we got in a legit argument. And then we had to like do the rest of the scene, I think, and we were did.
Speaker 1: We make up before the rap party? Because right after this we moved to New York together.
Speaker 2: We must have dude. I think it was like a few day TIFFs. We had a few day TIFFs.
Speaker 1: What have you been doing with your time? You went away for a bit? What did you do the gallon?
Speaker 2: I went to Joshua Tree to get out to go to the desert.
Speaker 1: Did you get out? Did you see anything? Did you see rattlesnakes?
Speaker 2: We saw lots of bunnies. I think they're bunnies. Hairs are large, right, I didn't know if it was a hair or a bunny. I think it was a bunny.
Speaker 1: I think a hair is really large and bunnies are really tin. I don't know, man, there's jack rabbits two that are.
Speaker 2: Listen the puppy. Everywhere the puppy went, it was getting cactus thorns. Are they thorns in a cactus? Yes? All over its paws. So we didn't know what to do. So we got baby socks and we put the baby socks on the puppy. But the baby socks kept falling off, so then we got rubber bands and tied them around the top of the baby socks so their booties would stay on the dog's paws.
Speaker 1: Did it cut the circulation? Off of the dogs.
Speaker 2: Why not, idiots? Dude. It wasn't like super tight, but we did it so the socks wouldn't fall off. So then the dog is running around with four little babies ox on because we must have done Oh man, there was the the you can't bring a dog to Joshua Tree, or if you can, you're more experienced dog owner than we are. The dog couldn't figure it out. We couldn't figure it out.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you took you you brought your kid on vacation with you. Pretty much, yeah, that's what you do. Well, you could have kindled the dog and then.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, well I don't mind a kennel for an older dog. This is I mean, especially the kennel we go to as like they run around and they're and they're free and they're not like caged, and I'm down with that. But but more often than not, I would sooner get a house sitter, some a friend of mine too, or my my assistant to stay here and and take care of the dog here. But we it's our baby, so we you know, you wouldn't want to leave your newborn. It's like our newborn. So we brought it to the Desert. But it was a mistake because now I know in hindsight, they sell like legit dog boots.
Speaker 1: Oh, you need to get your dog some elevens man some Jordan eleven and.
Speaker 2: That would be so funny. By the way, if they made dog Jordan's, I would, or dog easies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean the easies might be a little bit more expensive than the Jordan elevens.
Speaker 2: You know, dog easies would be hilarious. I would if anyone makes those on like Etsy, I'll take them. But yeah, no, they'd make legit dog booties. But we didn't have those, so we we we jerry rigged some baby socks, made a trick to a giant Walmart. We gloved up and masked up and went into like the biggest Walmart.
Speaker 1: So what is the deal? I thought you didn't necessarily need to glove up anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't. I'm just I'm just I'm just trying to be as serious. You know, cases are spiking here in California, so I'm trying to be as serious as possible.
Speaker 1: But is it okay? This is what I read and I could be wrong, Dan Joell, please jump in if I am wrong, and if I'm right jump in as well. But I was under the impression that a lot of the spike that we're having in California, this all could be propaganda, are delayed tests that have finally come in, and that we're testing more people than most states, and so because of that.
Speaker 2: But the President is broadcasting that.
Speaker 1: No, I wasn't. I didn't get this from the President. I got this from California. Actually, the president's broadcasting, yes, that we are getting spikes because of our testing situation. But California, from what I was told, was we had at least from what I heard from Newsom and what I heard from Garcetti and all of that stuff like that, is that we had flattened the curve and we were climbing. But we were climbing because more tests were coming in.
Speaker 2: Well, let's test Dan, He's very knowledgeable, Dan, you honor me.
Speaker 4: You know, we are definitely. Donald is certainly right that as we test more, we are seeing more positive cases. I think the measure of wearing gloves at places like the supermarket, I think is not necessarily over as you know, you're bringing your germs out into the world, and who knows how many of those cans someone has already touched, et cetera. I mean, I think all safety measures are good. The best one you can take is not touching your face before you come back and wash your hands and yeah right, we wash.
Speaker 2: Our stuff too when we go to the grocery store.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 2: We we spray and wash everything down because you don't know if someone with COVID took that off the shelf and was like, oh, I don't need it, and then you grabbed it exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But the but from what I heard, from what the CDC said, and from what a lot of doctors said, it's not necessary. You can't necessarily get it from surface contact. It has to be it droplets and airborne. From what I understand, I don't know if that's true. I mean, this is this is what the CDC is saying.
Speaker 2: I know, But don't be fucking steering our listeners wrong, because.
Speaker 1: You're like, I'm not staring anybody. I'm not steering anybody wrong. I'm just saying what I heard. I don't know.
Speaker 2: What about Djokovic. Huh, what about Djokovic?
Speaker 1: I know Djokovic got that ship, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he's fucking partying with his like and doing like sweaty chest to chest hugs.
Speaker 1: Really do you saw this for you know this for a fact.
Speaker 2: I read this on the interwebs that he there's video of him raging at like some I think it was a Croatian tennis tournament. And then at that tournament they were doing like after the match, like sweaty naked chest to chest hugs. Wow, and now he's out. He's about to start a tournament, right Dan. Was it the French openers?
Speaker 1: I think so? Yeah, he can't ship. He got the he got that ship.
Speaker 2: Now are they here? I don't want to upset Bill. Are they in the room?
Speaker 1: Can't hear you?
Speaker 2: Damn domin Mic Ironically, the tech wizard can't figure out his new fucking mind. It's okay, let's have a party. It's the final episode of season one. Hey, I love that she's representing Hi. How Charlotte Lawrence, that you're representing with your Charlotte Lawrence merch always Now to remind our listeners, when COVID began, Christa told Bill that he would be She set up a guest room in the house and she said, Bill, that's your office. You're allowed to come out for lunch. But you worked there nine to five, now, right, Bill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not. I don't think she was even comfortable to the idea of me venturing out to do this together. So I still have to stay down in here.
Speaker 5: Well, Bill wanted to be in my office together doing it, which would have been squashed and he would have stopped hugged me, so I said.
Speaker 6: No, he's gotta go downstairs.
Speaker 1: We were hoping to get a stop hugg on this.
Speaker 2: Listen. I want to tell you that, Bill, this is so annoying to me because it involves shit that you've said. But they sent us, you know, merch options for the podcast, and there's like one hug that says stop hug. There's another mug that says five to six seven eight. I'm like, this is all the fucking Bill's jokes.
Speaker 3: Here's the this is the real. I appreciate this. The five six seven eights. I think that's funny and that doesn't count as one, Dan, But.
Speaker 2: I am the boss of this show.
Speaker 1: We didn't even get into two minutes of the.
Speaker 3: Wants to be the first one to do the song before the song so the but what but what bums me out is that stop hug is a real and cherished thing, and now it's a joke that's out there, and I don't like that at all. I don't like other peoplesh joking. Yeah, it's I think it's important in our relationship, and I think that you secretly love it.
Speaker 6: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: So wait a second. Let me get this straight, Krista, if stop hug was to go away forever, you would be happy.
Speaker 3: I'd be good.
Speaker 2: I found myself. I found myself recently wanting a hug from my girlfriend and when she was busy and I kind of tried to do a stop hug and she was not a fan of the stop hug because she's she was making dinner. But I was like, mine, can I have a stop hug?
Speaker 3: You guys can talk. You guys can all talk about stop hugs going away as if that's a real thing. But it's like a fake premise. They're never going away, and they will they will always always be part of my and my wife's life.
Speaker 1: Listen, you know you know who loves the stop You know who loves a stop hug. Cobb loves the stop really Yeah yeah, yeah, so I can get I mean she she I take it back. There are times where I'm like, let's hug, and she gives me the face like, goddamn it, we just did that ship five minutes ago.
Speaker 3: But Donald, Donald, those are the best stop hugs man.
Speaker 1: That is when when she rolls her eyes right before we hug, I am so.
Speaker 3: Excited thinking about it. That nothing better than when you know for sure they don't want it.
Speaker 5: I mean, we can go into a longer discussion about boundaries, but perhaps it's not something we want to address.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think people want to do that on a fun podcast.
Speaker 2: I think you guys are a very adorable couple because you keep it fresh. You have a little bit of a bickery banter, but you very much love each other.
Speaker 3: That is true, Yes, and that was nice to say a little bit of a bickery banter was lovely.
Speaker 2: Well, I've been on I've been on vacation with you guys, so I know that at times it might peak a little higher.
Speaker 5: And then I get and then usually when it peaks, I get a talking to from Zach.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, I'm like their therapists when we're on vacation, I'll be like guys, guys, guys. Both of my parents were therapists, let me let me do a little work on you.
Speaker 3: To tag it. Hey Donald, belated, Happy birthday, buddy.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm forty six years old.
Speaker 3: Now you're a young looking man. Just to know that I.
Speaker 1: Will accept and receive that, thank you very much. Uh, we had. I had a great day yesterday. The day before my birthday was Father's Day. So I've had two days in a row of just straight up appreciation from my family, even if they were faking it. Even if it was fake beca wasn't real, It's still warmed my heart for two days. And I knew it was fake when at midnight when I was like trying to, you know, say good night to the wife, she was like, ah, I'm going to bed, and I was like, I guess birthday's over. Huh, it's over, you.
Speaker 3: Know how you know what you just said, even if it fakes, even if it's fake, it still feels great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Not unlike a stop hug.
Speaker 1: Not like a stop pugg not unlike a stophug. I've learned. I've learned to appreciate the annoyed because I know underneath all of that there is love. So you know what I will accept to receive.
Speaker 2: Well, I want you guys to know the level of Casey's love of Bill and Christa that I posted a really beautiful shot of Donald and I today on my Instagram and it was it's an old picture obviously because we're lying next to you.
Speaker 3: Sorry, oh my god.
Speaker 2: And Christy is the Christa is the person in my life who corrects that the most. And I'm nervous. I find myself when I'm about to use the and me or and I around Krista being nervous, be like which one.
Speaker 1: That's a hard one? That's a hard one?
Speaker 2: Christ has a trick? Christy, do you teach the audience your trick? Because I never learned this in school.
Speaker 5: Well, if you're saying a picture with me, then you wouldn't say with I right right now.
Speaker 2: But you told me. You told me a thing where you remove the other person and you just and you just say how you would say it if you were just saying with me or with I.
Speaker 5: But you said, there's a cute picture of Donald and me.
Speaker 6: There's a cute picture of me.
Speaker 2: I see there you go, So I just removed Donald and I go, there's a cute picture of me. I wouldn't say there's a cute picture of I, thank you?
Speaker 1: But do you always have to go with Donald first? Can you say there's a cute picture of me and Donald?
Speaker 6: No, okay, that's incorrect as well.
Speaker 2: There's a cute picture of Donald and me I put on Instagram and it's old and Donald is a little hefty.
Speaker 1: And wait, hold on now, hold on.
Speaker 2: You are You're a hefty in the pictures?
Speaker 3: Unacceptable some of the.
Speaker 2: Some of the comments has said things like how many months? Is Donald? That kind of thing? And I because I thought he looked cute. I thought he looked adorable, Like I know, I'm sure you guys have this as a married couple. Donald, I have to say, like, oh, I thought you looked cute. I hate that picture of me? How dare you pose that.
Speaker 1: We have it?
Speaker 7: You'll look cute in the picture?
Speaker 1: Do I think I look cute?
Speaker 2: No, he's exactly I look cute.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think, of course, of course he looks cute. That's why he posted it.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Donald Kristen would post a picture of me shirtless and four hundred pounds overweight and vomit all over my chest if she thought she looked cute at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like he is a monster behind them.
Speaker 1: It's like all of those it's like all of those ladies that have the picture of them and the baby and the baby is not even looking and it's kind of like, you know, got woozy face, but they look great and they go, oh, look at the cute little baby, and it's like, no, you didn't post that for the baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like that.
Speaker 3: And Casey got mad at your ass or what.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: So Casey slid into my DMS and was like, you couldn't have cropped him. And I just thought it was funny because it was like a good wife looking out for her husband's belly.
Speaker 3: It makes me love Casey even more.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: By the way, that's that's another just idyllic couple. Donald, Man, you found you found the right one there. That's a fucking rock star.
Speaker 1: She does love me. Man, I'm very lucky we are.
Speaker 2: You're both perfect couples. You both are examples in my life. And I'm not just saying this because you're on the phone of of being the perfect ying yang for each other. You're both couples. The men and women are very different from each other, very different, but compliment each other perfectly.
Speaker 1: I think I.
Speaker 3: Thought it poetic that Kristal walked away during that.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I just wanted to show Zachi a picture of he took.
Speaker 6: Of Sarah Chalk and myself. That is so cute.
Speaker 7: How cute is that?
Speaker 5: That's from the bahamas'mas Yeah, and you took it with my camera.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about this whole camera situation that went on during the Scrubs run. Did you have Were you a big camera fanatic before Brendan Fraser showed up.
Speaker 3: Krista, Yes, I was.
Speaker 5: I Brendan I bonded over the over cameras.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I had.
Speaker 5: My mom's third husband was a photographer. I was often taking.
Speaker 2: With you guys laughing because she's at third husband.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was laughing because I'm uncomfortable much. Bill started laughing. I was like, I've got a laugh too.
Speaker 2: So why do why people get married a third time? Like, don't you just don't get married? You try it twice and if it if it's not for you, just stop getting married.
Speaker 3: Why can't you are their fourth husband? Now that one took though, that one.
Speaker 6: Took, Yeah, no, yeah, that one's going all right.
Speaker 2: So continue continued anyway.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so, and I've always and then I stuck to film because I think it's the most beautiful. And then anytime I was modeling or you know, doing any shoots, I would talk to the photographer and buddy up to them and have them teach me tricks and techniques.
Speaker 3: With stogvery plus, Zach was a nerd. Brandon was Donald. I never did it. You never did it.
Speaker 1: No, I never did it.
Speaker 2: We had we had Brandon on and Donald said something like, no, we had Shay when when she had Chase Rano on and we were talking about Brendan's first episode with the camera and he Donald was like, why do I have so many polaroid pictures of myself? And I explained to him that Brendan got you and I into old school polaroid photography.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and also Brendan got me, Like Brendan, I mean, I've just gotten back in time with photography. My cameras just are bigger and clunkier than they were before because I used the old school ones. But Brendan and I used to go into his dark room, hit a dark room in his house when he used to live in California, which I loved and I used to go over there once a week and we used to sit in there for hours, and it made me realize that Bill would never let me have a dark room here because he would never see me.
Speaker 6: I mean, I would just go in there for Wow.
Speaker 2: It's also hard to stop hug on the red lights of the dark.
Speaker 1: I have a question, is it because you would be experimenting with different exposures or or I mean, I can't imagine that you take that many pictures that you're going to just develop everything, like you know what I mean after you look at the contact sheet?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Like I know that some people go into the darkmen and then they try to create a formula of dip and all of that stuff where the pictures come out a little different and everything like that. Is that what it is?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's great techniques to printing film in a dark room that you are messing with the exposures and with the shadows and trying to bring maybe a picture with a little under exposed when you shot it and then you try to fix it in the dark room.
Speaker 6: Things you can do digitally now easily.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of fun. It was a lot of fun doing I got into photography in high school because we had a photography class in high school and I learned about the dark room, and I just thought it was so much fun. Now, of course everyone just does it digitally, but it was a really fun thing to be experimenting with and doing. I loved it too.
Speaker 3: Did you three all call each other and say we should make sure we start by talking about something that Bill doesn't know anything about, so he doesn't talk all the time.
Speaker 1: Know nothing about this. I know nothing about this. I'm just trying to figure out how you know where it all stemmed from, because Zach believes it stemmed from Brendan. He believes that that was the beginning of more than me.
Speaker 2: Zach, No, no, no, Donald's not remembering one. I said that Christa and I were both hobbyists, and then Brendan brought the world of old school polaroids into our lives.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: I wanted to tell you that that Krista and Bill. Krista knows they love cameras of all types. And I went over to their house for Christmas, and I was very excited about the present that I had gotten them. I had found them these really really cool Japanese slippers and they were they were cool. I thought they were cool.
Speaker 6: And then.
Speaker 2: Christa said, here's the present from me and Bill. Mind you, I hadn't given them the slippers yet. And I open it up and it is the most gorgeous antique medium format camera that is like priceless and vintage and special.
Speaker 6: It works.
Speaker 2: Not only can you use it, but you'd also like put it on your mantlepiece. And uh, and I'm like, I'm thinking in my head, holy fuck, I bought them slippers.
Speaker 6: Great presence.
Speaker 3: Always thank you if it makes you, If it makes you feel any better. I didn't know what we got you until you opened it.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: That's why you know what? Before we go any further stories.
Speaker 8: That show we made about a bunch of dogs and nurses and janitor.
Speaker 1: He said, here's a stories natural.
Speaker 9: So YadA roun here yeada, herewies and now we're in.
Speaker 2: Now, we're in. Now listen. We've been doing this for a full season. Guys. We we did not know this would be popular, and it's so fun that it is. But we could Donald and I couldn't think of a better way to and the first season of it than to have you two on. Of course, because you're both so funny. And also, of course Bill, this is your baby. And thirdly, we thought we might get you guys bickering, which is always good radio.
Speaker 7: Yeah, always thank you and congratulations.
Speaker 6: I'm loving it. It makes me happy than you.
Speaker 3: I listen as a fan and I think, uh, not only do I love you know, revisiting a show that I like you guys, I've almost forgotten all of it, but listening to you guys live out your friendship in real time on here, it gives me great joy. It's super fun.
Speaker 1: None of this would be possible if it wasn't for you. So more than anything, thank you, man, please.
Speaker 2: Thank yous. We always thank you for the show, but we we we probably never thank you for the friendship that you instilled inspired whatever the correct word is. And uh and that's that's that's the gift that keeps on giving. My our our our love for each other was born when when you thought we did the best job in the audition room. Even though we know now that Donald fucked up. I could be sitting here doing a podcast with dou lat Hill.
Speaker 7: I have a question, do you and Donald ver bicker?
Speaker 2: We were just funny, We were just talking that before you guys got on Bill. You probably don't know this because you weren't there. You were in the writer's room. But this episode is one of the first times I remember getting in a fight with Donald when we were doing the stunt where he last soos me in the ICU and pulls me. Donald of course got very excited and uh and and pulled me like legitimately hard across that floor and it fucking hurt and uh and then he wasn't apologetic and we got in a fight, and the rest of the.
Speaker 1: Nor a fight. We got into an argument. I would have whipped your ass if you were to put your hands on Let's give one, didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't mean to imply that we got in a fist fight. We got in an argument, and then the rest of the episode we're like, the rest of that scene, we're like, we'ren't speaking to each other. So that scene has played out in silent treatment.
Speaker 1: Dude, what's the longest that we've gone without talking to each other because of a fight. What's the longest? Oh, probably a week, couple of no, a couple of months, dude.
Speaker 2: Casey, Casey. Whenever we get in a fight, Casey usually becomes the arbitrator and works it out. She becomes our couple's therapists.
Speaker 1: It's very interesting.
Speaker 3: I want, I want to be. My problem is I think Christa could go years without talking to me, and I'm always like I'll match her stubbornness, and I fold after about six minutes. Please please, please love me again.
Speaker 2: I hate I hate being in an argument with either a friend or a partner. I just like that that awkward, like angrily making a sandwich in the kitchen. It's rowing down the peanut butter knife.
Speaker 3: I don't by the way, you reference one of the moments that I thought was really funny on the show. Not to take it to the show, but that that universal concept of not wanting to get in another couple's fight and getting dragged back into it. And then what I I since I watched all these having forgotten them too, when I see you hand it to h Aloma to nurse Roberts. Yeah, and she and she gets pulled back, but much more comfortably on her back.
Speaker 2: On her back, I think, like on a skateboard or something, because if you float, she's floating like several inches above the girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the grip made Aloma her own dolly. Yes, Mahoma's not going to get dragged real for real by Donald and uh and get in a fight with him.
Speaker 3: No, there's no silent treatment there. How how long would a real fight between you two last? If it was physical? Donald, do you think Zach even holds his own for a couple of seconds?
Speaker 1: I think his cardio is way better than mine now, so I'd have to hand it. I'd have to end it quickly because if I didn't, I would get tired, and then his little taps would trying into hard punches.
Speaker 2: That's bullshit, listen, Donald and I, Well, true, dude, we used to bull true. I've never heard the expression bull true. We used to get in play fights and you know, just like you know for ten boxing, and I would feel beaten up even by that within seconds, because it was like I'd like throw a fake punch, then he'd block it and then come with the other hand. I'd be like, oh, I'd be knocked out by that. Let's get into the episode, directed by Michael Spiller, who's always one of our favorites, right, guys.
Speaker 1: Big round of applause for the season finale.
Speaker 2: Season finale, I didn't remember a bunch of this. Of course, I remember it was Christa's epic monologue, which we'll get to in the end. I didn't remember this mirror gag at all.
Speaker 5: I I wrote that I didn't remember Christa.
Speaker 2: You look stunning, and I believe you're wearing a leather blouse.
Speaker 7: What I'm wearing. But where was the mirror? I don't remember that.
Speaker 3: All I remember is that Scrubs was the one time I was ever able to coerce you into having short hair, because you know how I love you with short hair.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know, watching this episode, I'm like, do I go with that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yeah, well, yes, yes, you say that.
Speaker 2: I really, I mean, you look you look great.
Speaker 1: And all the ways, but I know not.
Speaker 2: Everybody can pull off this hairstyle. And I think you look really good.
Speaker 1: You look so choppy and pc.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and a long short hair cut. It's like long, I thought, I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not longer than the shoulders, but it's it's it's it still has a little bit of a flip.
Speaker 6: Yes, always like Donald, don't boys like long hair. I mean Casey has long hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Casey has long hair because she likes long hair. It's not because it's not what I like, it's what she likes.
Speaker 2: Not everybody. I don't think everybody can pull it off. Christa, but you you, you, you show in this episode that you can because I think you look great.
Speaker 1: You look amazing in this episode.
Speaker 2: And your leather I didn't know a leather blouse was a thing, but you look great.
Speaker 3: I remember that mere thing. And this is what was cool about having a show with fantasies is we are trying to reprise the mirror thing from the pilot, and then we knew we had to give everybody the backstory kind of from the whole season so we could blow it up at the end, and we just did it by having them all talk to in the mirror really fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you knew.
Speaker 3: Donald and Carlo were fighting, you knew that you hooked up with Christa, Johnny C's wife, and we knew you know that you and Sarah still had some shit going on, so we tried to just get it all out there quick.
Speaker 2: Well, so you're saying, as a writing device, you kind of wanted to brief the audience on here's where we're ending the season, right, here's.
Speaker 3: All the things that we're going to blow up at the end, some of which we aren't going to talk about a ton in.
Speaker 2: This episode, right, And so you have to Bill when you're writing, I think I know the answer, But just for people that are aspiring writers out there of TV shows, you kind of also have to remember like what the audience knows and what they don't know, and even if they're an avid viewer, they may have missed a week. So is there a little bit of an onus on you to just kind of get everyone in a headspace of knowing what's about to happen.
Speaker 3: There used to be there used to be. It's changed with streaming television binging and you know now people do things that they put and I love it because I'm a fan. They'll put something in one episode and never mention it again, and they'll come up in episode five and if you're a fan, you're like, woo, that's binge watching, right. And when when network TV used to exist, they used to tell you, uh, your most frequent viewer watches one out of every three episodes.
Speaker 1: I told you, I told you, Bill told us that, I told you, Bill told us that last episode with Shay and You and you guys were fucking clowning me because you were saying that I didn't watch it. I would lie to people, But Bill told us that back in the day, you're most freaking and first and that comes up to you and says, I fucking love your show with maybe seeing four episodes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's like a huge fan. That network used to say a huge fan if you did twenty two episodes, you say, a huge fan probably saw eight of them that season. And then know that and then more than well, that's when remember that's when your audience would be ten to fifteen million people and you'd go like, oh, we have four million that watched them all, and then six million that watched ten episodes, and then a few million that watched like three or four, you know.
Speaker 2: And so it's funny when I think back to as a kid, to shows I love, like, let's just to pick one, Cheers. I saw a fraction of episodes of Cheers, you know, Like, so I guess, as I think about it, I am that I was that way too, And it was that sort of viewing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we're TV fans that ended up in this business and that was us so and now it's that that that that ethos is gone. Now you you assume with these streaming shows that people that are watching them are binging them if they like them, and you don't have to make reference to anything you've done episodes before. So yeah, we felt the always felt the burden to catch people up.
Speaker 2: And Bill, another question is where was your head out when we got here? I don't remember, and I wonder if you do, how we how we were doing in the ratings. Were you were you confident we were going to get another season?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, we were. We at this point we were a very successful show, and uh, I was even expecting us to be on After Friends, which we were the next year, you know.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 3: The we were just trying to blow everything up because we had kind of done, you know, we had outlined a year to get through their internship, and then we wanted to go, let's not repeat it next year. Let's blow it all up. Let's do them thinking that they're becoming doctors, but remind people what's still out there. Elliott still has a thing for JD. Jordan, whether she wants to admit it or not, is still in love with doctor Cox.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: He is obsessed with Carla for his own narcissistic reasons Carl and Turk are considering getting serious in their relationship. You know all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I have to admit you something. I have to admit something to you, very embarrassing after twenty years. I had forgotten that. And when and when when Christas says at the end, admit that you still have feelings for JD, I personally got excited for JD. I was like, she likes me still, like I had forgotten because Sara does such a good job Elliott. Sarah Elliott does a good job of totally seeming like she's over it, like and obviously I know where it goes in the end of the show. But when you said that and Sarah gave a look like you just outed me, I was like, I was like happy for me.
Speaker 1: JD.
Speaker 3: Well, you know it's so weird man TV and the fandom and you guys decide what we do in many ways with your performance, because we did that Pizza Clock episode with you and Sarah because we said we don't want to do will there won't they? So Turk and Karla are going to be the couple that's together for the whole duration of the show. Will there won't They? Will be Doctor Cox and Jordan and JD and Elliott will have them hook up now and do that, run the relationship fully through its course, and then we'll never be back there again. But the second we did it, people wanted it and wanted to track it. It became inevitable. You guys had chemistry.
Speaker 2: So I mean I want that. I mean, I guess I'm the typical viewer. I love a will there won't they? I'm a sucker for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes great television, you guys. I didn't realize that Cox and Jordan were the will they or won't they until this episode. Really, when you see that Jordan really does have feelings for it. Yeah, that was such a vulnerable moment where she, you know, she first she thanks him, like, yo, dude, first of all, thank you for not pressuring me into having to, you know, go into this thing tomorrow and speak up for you. I truly appreciate that. And then his response and her face and reaction to it all when he says, right, yeah, it was like, well you could feel her pain, you know what I mean, you can feel the pain like she was with you know, she Jordan truly, you know, as much as she front she still loves this guy, and he's playing it. It's clear that he loves her later on, but he's playing it at this moment, like I know why you're here. He's oblivious, he's aloof he's he's a he's a moron also for it too, you know what I mean. You gotta get to listen. If somebody shows up over and over and over and over again for a booty call, dude, wake up and smell the flavor.
Speaker 2: Man, this shit is real, right, And the first time, for the first time, we see Jordan being vulnerable there, right, christ I mean, she's like, you're like sitting even your body.
Speaker 6: Language, your life, I know, I feel small.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you've got a blanket over you, you know, whereas you've been all this, this sexually confident woman who's talking shit, you're curling. I thought it was a good acting moment for you as well. You were kind of curled up and and you had a blanket over you, and you were you were vulnerable because you were you were catching feelings, as they say.
Speaker 1: But when when he said let's shake do you know, shake it up? And she says, so you want me to shake it up? That's when it was like oh shit, what has he done? He has no idea, He has no idea what he just did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I like too, Donald. I liked a scene with Sarah and Krista that Donald just pointed out because it's it's cool when a writer that something happens serendipitously that you didn't mean to set it up. But we had done all these booty calls, and then we had Jordan's say sex is for making babies and revenge and that's it, and then Sarah. Then Sarah says, I don't think you're getting a lot of revenge on doctor Cox by showing up and servicing him, you know, while he watches SportsCenter.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And to me, I had forgotten it, and your face did it too. I'm like, oh shit, she likes him, stinger fun.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after these fine words. Now, sorry to jump to the Todd for a second, just because he's we've been talking. Donald and I have really been going back you guys and laughing and acknowledging that everything that Rob Maschio says is funny. And we're constantly being like, you know, we teased him a lot while we were shooting the show, and uh, and now when we go back and we watch the episodes, like every single thing he does makes us laugh, including in this episode. He has a lot of funny stuff when you when you, when you, when you're asking doctor Wen, when you and Carl are asking doctor Wen for help, and he's in the background like doing all this stupid stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I smacked the glass on his face.
Speaker 2: And he's like, it didn't hurt.
Speaker 1: It didn't hurt.
Speaker 3: Also, I think he I think he speaks like monosyllabically. What the Todd did bad? Still referring to himself in the third person, and Turk very upset with him.
Speaker 1: Todd did bad. As a matter of fact, the Todd did very, very bad, very bad.
Speaker 5: But do you know what Bill I noticed in this show there are a thousand one line funny funny jokes through the whole. Everyone has these hysterical one liners that ever. I was trying to write them down and there were too many, Like everyone has a funny thing to say.
Speaker 1: Aloma has the best one to me, you didn't hear that, you didn't hear you didn't hear no, but.
Speaker 7: G this dude, Jesus.
Speaker 1: And then she sings, and then she sings the song from Uh, the opening from White Man Can't Jump just too Bufjesus Sanity.
Speaker 3: I also love that because I don't think we had any song chosen and just it's one of the most fun things for me, you know, on the show, or the amount of stuff that were left into the hands of the actors and actresses. So I know, she just picked that and started singing it, which was fantastic.
Speaker 2: I believe Aloma was a religious woman, right, yeah, we did, we did.
Speaker 3: We did bet that at some point, but I can't I know, we wanted her to be from the start, you know.
Speaker 2: I know the character was, but I think that as I recall Aloma right is was so maybe she knew that from church or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You gotta have her on the show, by the way, you want to have her on her showIn we want to have on our show. We've discussed already bringing her in the second season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's a low way man. She's fun too. I forgot what a big presence she was.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have rob on and and Uh, by the way, it's funny.
Speaker 1: Bill.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you remember you sent out a mass email to the whole cast about doing some event, and everyone was like, I'm down. I'm down and down, and then Ken Jenkins was like, oh, good to hear from you. I'm I'm moving way too busy, and I was like and I was like, oh man, we were going to ask him to come on the podcast. But I'm a little nervous now that Ken's gonna blow us off and it won't in my heart won't be able to handle it.
Speaker 3: The thing that's going to make me happiest is when you ask him to do it next year and he's still miraculously moving. I'm moving, but.
Speaker 1: It's a bad time I'm moving.
Speaker 2: I know Ken, You're still moving. It's a long move.
Speaker 1: It's a long move. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We want to have Rob on. Who else do we have on Aloma? I want to have We were talking about having all the stand ins on and like a group one.
Speaker 1: Deonta's like Deonta. Deontay said to me the other day, he was like, listen, when you guys get to the one with the chimps and they're all dressed up as doctors, you got it. I'll call in or whatever it is, because I've got a great story. For that moment and he told me the story and it is amazing.
Speaker 3: So well, oh, don't don't, don't take it from him.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna take it from him.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna wait because you got to do that. And then you also, I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that Deontaey I see him a lot when people do the clip of Neil Flynn saying his actual name, and then Deontay I think, walks by and goes hey, Tony right at the at the end of it. So he's the reason that people don't believe that the janitor is Gwnn Matthews.
Speaker 2: Oh really really yes.
Speaker 1: So Gwenn Matthews is his real name.
Speaker 3: Gwen Matthews is his real name.
Speaker 2: Only you heard it right from Bill's mouth, guys, Glenn Matthews is his real name. He just he just lied to to Deanty's character and said he was Tony.
Speaker 3: Yes, And we decided his name was Gwen Matthews because he was the janitor on Clone High and introduced himself as Glenn.
Speaker 2: Ah, No, we had we had nelon I don't know if you I did. It was hilarious and we really kind of stumbled into a really good TV show, Bill that we'd love you.
Speaker 1: To dose about idea. It's a great idea.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I will never waiver Bill.
Speaker 2: Bill, Bill, you don't want you don't want one of your fellow fancy showrunners to steal Space Janitor. We're giving it to you. Bill. Don't say I never gave you anything as a president. You're getting, you're getting, You're getting the rough treatment for Space Janitor.
Speaker 1: It's a multi camera in front of a couch Bill in space, How can.
Speaker 3: You Space Janitor? And then another one I was getting hit up about, uh, Sam Lloyd rips the Janitor and Sam is a legal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great one.
Speaker 2: I also like we stumbled into a thing and that Neil episode. By the way, Neil's talking about how he's finally developing something on his own because he's always been in other people's stuff and he's now collaborating with someone developing something and I just sitting riffing jokes with him for an hour and a half. With Donald, I was like, I feel like we could come up with ten shows because he's so quick witted. The other one we stumbled into was a classic multi caamp sitcom, but it's a Castle, and it takes place with with roy with old school like medieval royals. So you just do like classic multi caam sitcom jokes, but they're like in it's like medieval times.
Speaker 3: The Game of Thrones.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a Game of Thrones. It's Game of Thrones, but it's a sitcom. I'm in, Bill, I'm in. I'll do as I'll do eight to ten.
Speaker 3: I still want to see you guys in some kind of spies like us, you know, I know, weapon, some kind of version of that.
Speaker 2: I said we were talking when we had Scott folly on how how we really need you to pull a jj Abrams and start directing giant tentpole movies because what's his name, Greg Grunberg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard that one of you guys.
Speaker 2: He's in all these Star Wars movies. Man, we need you to direct your big tempole movies so Donald and I can be in it and christ By the.
Speaker 3: Way, my wife just said, yeah, Bill is this is this is the reality of my wife. My wife should be somebody that would be in all of my shows, and yet she's only in the ones that she picks as that she deems worthy of her time and effort. So much so that I will occasionally and she'll remain nameless. Go there's a really thing. It would be really helpful, you know if you did this part in this little thing, and she's going, has the script changed and all since the last time I read it, And I'm like, no, why you're still no, but you're still my wife. I feel like she's like pass.
Speaker 2: Billy. I would always do that, Like the first draft of Christa's lines in the show would be would be good, to be funny, and then like on the day she'd show up like with Bill and like they had both just been working together, and Christy would have like a whole new pass. It was like a pass. She had the ability that we didn't to go Bill up.
Speaker 3: My wife was on the show Cougar Town, and I'm always telling this story. We'll get back to this show, one of my favorite things. I always stayed on that show for three of its six years, and I went and did other stuff, and I remember telling Christa, I'm like, look, you know there's other shows I want to do. There'll be different showrunners and all that other stuff, but I love you, and she's like, oh, she took it so well that I was like oh wow, that went better than I thought. And then the next year, like with their first episode, I was working on a different show. When I came home, there was a script on my pillow with her lines highlighted, and just like she had been she had just written things like change, beat, punch up, nange, Nope.
Speaker 7: Bill had told me.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 5: Bill said to me, you know, I'm only going to run it, you know, these three years, and then it's going to go. I just want you to know that going in. I'm like, no problem, got it, no problem. And then it was really the week you left.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 3: It was immediately like you're like, this works for me fine because you'll still do whatever I want you to do, which is how our life works.
Speaker 2: I love it. I would watch this shit out of this sitcom, The Real Life Adventures of Bill and Christa.
Speaker 3: I really liked. I don't know why it made me so happy. And take it back to the episode of You, Donald, You, Zach and Sarah all coming in on that first day being because it made me it felt real because I know it was the last one we shot, and I got nostalgic because you were like, can you believe it's our last day? You know what? I mean, and it felt very last day of school, and I looked at that. I watched these shows with an odd combination of pride nostalgia and then you know they're old. Being a writer that goes, oh, man, I wish we had done that differently, or I wish that was I'd fix that or whatever. But that moment specifically made me remember what a gift it was to have you guys all there and be so tight and lovely and fun to hang out with in real life. Just made me happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember feeling I remember feeling excited because I think we all knew how well the show was doing at the time, and we made it to the last episode. It was the twenty third episode of the season. Did we do twenty four the ID twenty four the first year four? Yeah, yeah, we did twenty four. Well, we did twenty three episodes that year, not including the pilot, and I remember being like, holy cow, were a hit. A lot of things in my life are changing now, you know what I mean. I can't believe it. As an actor, I did it. I fucking did it. All my friends from home, you know, we're watching my television show like it was the Cosby show, you know what I mean, Like it was a different world or whatever it was, you know what I mean. We came on after Frasier, you know what I mean. Everything was really awesome at that moment. And so when we when I watched the scene, I remember feeling great about it. But when I watch the scene, I had the biggest smile on my face. And it's the opening of the show too, and you know what I mean. But I had such a huge smile on my face because you know, I remember the feeling of it's a success. I'm a part of something successful. I'm a part of something that people really like, and I really enjoy the people that I work with. And yeah, so you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were I agreed, nown we were being genuine. That moment is the three of us as close friends, hugging and being like, holy shit, this happened. We just did twenty four episodes of a show that's popular, and you know, there was there was There didn't need to be much acting. There that was that was that was very meta, very genuine.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I got out of this man, the gift of it. There's two things I wrote down. Was one like how great Christ it was to have see you in it, because not only are you my wife, but you're so good, you know, and so funny and vulnerable and such a badass in this I love that. And then the one thing I wanted to say too is my only other thing I did to reference with you guys. You know, so there's weird parts of the narrative, like how you guys keep trying to disprove that Neil was a figment of the imagination and you'll never ever bend me. He was figurative. He didn't talk to anybody. I don't care what you think you saw. But like one of the other narratives which was so interesting was you know how Judy and I, you know, she would always come in at the beginning of seasons and go I can be you know, funnier and goofier, and I would always be like, you're the you know, emotional backbone of the whole show. And this was one of those episodes that we earned. It was it's never one or the other, like you already talked about it when Donald is pulling Zach over to him when they were fighting in real life. You know, one of my favorite things is Judy's in the background and going you got him, baby, you know what I mean, and immediately it which made me laugh. But then what we wanted to do in the show was a moment. Do you remember when you two and Sarah, even though he had been your patient for the entire episode, one of you knew what mister Bober looked like. And then of course you hear Karla's voice and she says, he's over here, and she knows that none of you know him, and she's chastising you without being judgmental. And she was the only character on our show that could do that. You know, doctor Cox to do that moment would yell at you and rub your faces in it. Kelso could never do it, and you three it was so weird because you three were all kids to her still grown up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a good example too. I mean, obviously we're doing it about the medical profession, but I think everyone can relate to just getting used to something and getting sort of cold to it. And again it gets meta for the show too, because Donald and I can attest that then we got used to it. We were on a popular show and we had this awesome job, and you know it wasn't until it's over in this many years back, we look back and go, oh my god, not only did we have a great job that we all love, but we were all so close, so we all got along so well.
Speaker 6: And no, because you know what things become to your new normal.
Speaker 5: Yes, so it becomes your new normal that you don't treat patients the same way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I always call it in writing because I'm never present enough and I'm trying to be more now is we used to call it a don't know how good you got it? Disease?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Because then then we're all off doing other jobs and other shows and remembering how great those experiences were and not saying that we didn't all enjoy them. But in the moment, I was never walk around going, hey, I don't know if I'm ever gonna work on a show that I'm proud of with these people I love and would want to spend time with forever and stuff again, So I should suck in every moment. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Do you? You've worked on nine zillion shows since Scrubs? Is there has there been another? We'll exclude Cougartown because your wife was on it has there been another that you that you feel that you had anywhere near us close to as much fun on.
Speaker 3: The only thing that is close, to tell you the truth was Spin City, because this way you guys were talking was my first experience and it had this very weird thing that we can all hope for, which is somebody that is a idol of yours growing up turns out to be exactly as cool as you would want them to be in real life, you know. And that's who Mike Fox was, and so to grow up watching his shows and his movies and then he's respectful to me and kind and great and so that was fun. But I didn't leave there with lifelong friends the way I am with you Donald, you know, Judy, Sarah and Neil and by the way, and John and Ken told me not to say this when he was doing my podcast, but Ken Jenkins.
Speaker 2: Too, By the way, did you did you go out in the city with Michael J.
Speaker 1: Fox?
Speaker 3: No, he was when that show started. He was already sick. And one of the you know, one of the first things that you know, when I started that show, we were taking aside and Mike and Gary said, look, Mike's going to do one hundred episodes in four years because he's sick and we have to do some production things around it.
Speaker 2: And that early yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Uh, but still got to, you know, with the concerts and dinners and blah blah, had some fun with him and stuff.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking how cool I would feel walking into a bar with Michael J. Fox. I would just I'd be strutting like Donald and I in that in that in that fantasy where we're strutting down the hall. I'd have a pimp coat on.
Speaker 3: For some reason, I love that you guys did that again. But you changed outfits right because.
Speaker 2: Because at that time I had gotten it was in really good shape. So I'm like, I'm the shirtless one this time.
Speaker 3: Well, I take, by the way, that's what friendship brings to a show. And and Christa, this is you too. The amount of stuff that you guys were generous enough, and Christa Jenner from that you would actually say, are doing real life names you would call each other, dynamics, et cetera. That made their way into the show, and the lexicon could only happen because of how close everybody was.
Speaker 2: Of course, and by the way, you could still be writing it because if if this show was in the modern era, Judy would be the one who slid into my DMS and be like, why did you post that picture at Turk looking fat?
Speaker 1: Hey, I don't want to I don't want to speak out of turn here, So if I'm wrong, we could cut this out and everything. But Bill, didn't you write on Friends the first season?
Speaker 3: I did write on Friends the first season. Somebody got fired and so I meme in. It was me at the end, but at the beginning, at the beginning, I came in and got to write on that show. And it was such a joke heavy show and some amazing talented joke writers, the main one being David Crane, who created that show went on to create episodes, and he's just such a good just a good writer. And I got to know Matthew Perry a little bit, mostly because someone made the joke that at different points in time I looked like Matthew's fatter older brother, skinnier younger brother, fatter younger brother, and then skinnier older brother, all depending on the two of them. Christa, by the way, here's the worst story about Matthew Perry. Wise relevant. Tell them how I tricked you, and how it became a huge issue in our life when Matthew Perry directed scrubs so inappropriate.
Speaker 2: Sounds really good.
Speaker 6: Want to hear that is not going to be told?
Speaker 2: Okay, well better it is better that it won't be. My imagination is way probably more twisted than it was.
Speaker 7: I'll tell I'll tell a version of it.
Speaker 6: So I was friends with Matthew Perry.
Speaker 5: We were on the same lot, but I was friends with him before we got friends and before I started doing Drew Carrey, and we always used to play. We used to hang out all the time, and we used to play paddle tests together. I loved Maddie and we were always friends. I actually dated a friend of his.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 5: Matthew and I were always good friends, and we play softball together, et cetera. So Bill, the whole time since we started dating from a weekend, said are you Did you ever fool around with Matthew Perry? And I said no, we were just friends. And he goes, I can't imagine that that you were just friends, because you know, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't being friends with him for six years and different times been single on not once flown around.
Speaker 6: So so I said, no, we were just friends. No no, no, no no.
Speaker 5: And then and then Bill would see us together and you know, we were really good friends, and I would say, see, we're really good friends.
Speaker 6: He goes, I know, I still don't believe you at all.
Speaker 5: And the week that Matthew Perry was directing Scrubs the first morning, you.
Speaker 7: Know I work with me, I yeah.
Speaker 5: And I normally don't allow Bill to drive to work to me because he wants to with me because he talks all the time and I just like listening to Howard.
Speaker 6: Stern, so he can't.
Speaker 5: It keeps turning the volume down to chat about nonsense. So I don't let him drive to work with me. But I was first up, which you know, it was early in the morning, and Bill said, do you think it's going to feel awkward for matt Perry to direct you since you guys fooled around? And I said, no, it's gonna be fine.
Speaker 3: I pulled the car over and went, yes, you know what, you know what you know I did. I let it sit for like a year before that, having not brought it up, and then I went, super cash, that might be fun today. I'd be weird with him directing. You said, you guys fooled around. She's like, no, it's not a big deal.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my god, he built you did the long play with.
Speaker 5: That long play, and I really stuck to my guns and it was such a little thing, but he got me.
Speaker 6: It was too early in the morning.
Speaker 3: Seven years of a Last.
Speaker 7: Bill laughed the entire way for the rest.
Speaker 1: Of the drive.
Speaker 3: It made me so giddy. I was. I was just going through all the lies in my head. It made me so happy.
Speaker 2: All Right, we have a fan waiting, and we're going to go to break first. And then also when we're done with the fan, I want you to tell the story about Bill when you came across George Clooney leaning against Christa's trailer.
Speaker 3: I don't like that at all.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back, and we're.
Speaker 2: Back, and Joel is going to bring in Joel. Who are our guests or guest singular, our guest plural today?
Speaker 3: Emily?
Speaker 1: Emily is in the ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Emily. That's my best Oprah, are you wearing scrubs?
Speaker 2: Emily only appears to have a deethoscope. Emily, can you hear us?
Speaker 1: Can you hear us?
Speaker 2: But Dan has messed up again and we can't hear Emily.
Speaker 1: Emily, can you hear us?
Speaker 2: If you need anyone for your mediocre mixing services.
Speaker 1: I recommend stop it.
Speaker 2: I'm dpinning. I stop Daniel. I love Daniel.
Speaker 1: Dan, You're the best. I'm not even singing the song for me. You're the best. No, you want to give a.
Speaker 2: Shout out if you if you're starting a podcast and would like to only be able to hear some of your guests. I can't recommend enough connecting's connecting on Daniel's laughing.
Speaker 3: Joelle is just shaking her head judgmentally at danis it makes me happy?
Speaker 2: In the meantime, Bill, have you ever seen the air fresh Year that somebody made of me?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, what does it smell like?
Speaker 2: It smells like apple Teeni's yes.
Speaker 1: I would like to talk about the fear Factor conversation because we mentioned fear Factor on this show, and at some point in record and filming Scrubs, we developed Scrubs Factor and we had a bunch of you know, and and anyone could be a part of Scrubs Factor as long as you were on in the Scrubs cast or crew. And I remember someone eating hot sauce off of another person's foot after Franklin after a full day of work.
Speaker 2: Oh yep, and I remember another one was eating pigs feet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pigs feet.
Speaker 3: Got a whole jar of pickled pigs feet and okay, coming to them. By the way, Randall would have rounded up anywhere from two to five hundred bucks, you know, so it would be quick cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Listen, I'm gonna tell you something right now. As an as an African American man, that shit wasn't hard. Scott Harris, Scott Harris was the one that did that. Who was another African American male.
Speaker 3: Yes, Scott Scott went for the pigs feet and and won the cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah he would. He got the cash, and everybody's like, eat the pigs feet and let me tell you something right now, what that ain't ship. So he's just thinking in the world.
Speaker 2: So you in your childhood, when you were growing up, you would you would eat pickled pigs feet.
Speaker 1: No, so all right, so listen, this is where soul food came from, all right, little education. When slavery was happening, Uh, the slaves weren't given the choice meat, so it was it you wouldn't get the the loin or the or anything like that. You'd get the intestines and that's where uh, that's where chitlins comes from. And you didn't get the you wouldn't get the meaty part, so you would get the hooks and the feet and everything like that. So that became soul food later on.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying is that Scott Harris hustled us. He acted like it was a big deal.
Speaker 3: I'm saying he acted like it was gross, and they wolfed him down right.
Speaker 1: And then afterwards he came up to me, he was like, man, that wasn't ship. That was.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, on the other hand, by the way, there's nobody that can get me near Franklin god Better's toe way hot sauce on it. They had to suck the hot sauce off the big toe after a day of work.
Speaker 1: So after a day of work.
Speaker 2: Another one was wasn't there something about spending an hour inside a closed Morgan drawer?
Speaker 3: It was a night you had to go. You had to sleep at night in a closed More drawer. And no one ever took that up.
Speaker 2: That was there was That's a pretty advanced one.
Speaker 1: What about the young intern He became a pop barazzi now and I uh, I believe.
Speaker 2: He paparazzo Donald Paparo. The singular is paparazzo.
Speaker 1: Thank you. He became a paparazzo and I believe now it's a downer. He has a brain tumor. But he was one of our interns and paint his face with like marker or something like that and had to keep.
Speaker 3: It on for I can't I can't remember that. I can't remember that person, and now I feel sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, he's sure this was Scrubs. It might have been homiees Pimoni.
Speaker 1: It was definitely Scrubbs. I forget the young man's name, but I remember it was.
Speaker 3: Like face he had to do face painting for the day and something and keep it.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't even faces paint. It was like sharpie. He had to he had to put sharpie on his face and he did it, and he had it on for like a week or something like that. It was something ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Let's get back to the episode for or second and.
Speaker 1: Then last one, and then last one. Mike Schwartz trying to eat twelve Krispy Creme donuts and failing.
Speaker 2: Bill like get hug from doctor Cox at three minutes into the episode. Granted it was a sarcastic hug.
Speaker 3: It's a sarcastic one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wanted to point out that even Scrubs Wiki mentions that JD does get a doctor Cox hug in the season finale, we felt it.
Speaker 3: Never counted and we went back to it because it was sarcastic almost immediately the.
Speaker 2: Other also left. I laughed out loud when I go careful, tiger, I wish people would call me tiger.
Speaker 1: Awesome? Were those Johnny C's shades we please?
Speaker 2: We always talk about Johnny and I want to I want to tiptoe around these Oakley's because Johnny C listens to this podcast while he works out, and I don't want him throwing the waist down on the ground.
Speaker 1: Just to just to hold on, just to just to start it off. John you are ripped in this episode. Yes, let's let's first of all, let me just say, I don't know how old we were. You in your forties when we started this, in your thirties when we started whatever it is, it's working dog, and I wish at right now, at forty six, I look like you did in this episode of Scrubs. Holy cow, dude, you are ripped that being said was off with them glasses?
Speaker 3: All right, I'm not gonna say anything, but I can't imagine a scenario that A. I said, let's not shoot this scene until we get those glasses that I saw a dude wearing on the beach in Santa Mona or b that our wardrobe and props people laid out those is one of the choices for his sunglasses.
Speaker 2: But for having them, those are definite Johnny's. We discussed them before. I think they were his go to Oakley's back in the day.
Speaker 1: But why orange dude, why are.
Speaker 2: They along on a guy on a jet ski? That's all I know.
Speaker 5: Well, they look like my mountain biking glasses. Yes, they're not for for regular wearing around.
Speaker 1: Here's in sunglasses that you wear when you're driving to make it so that you can see the road better.
Speaker 3: Bloot blockers. Those are blockers.
Speaker 2: I laughed out loud twelve thirty three. When I invited him at dinner, he goes yeah, and then he goes he goes together. I thought this was going to be like a gift certificate. Oh whoa oh, I said, can I buy you? I go, I go, can I buy you dinner? And he goes sure, I go really and he was, oh, you mean together?
Speaker 1: He goes, yeah, absolutely, and you go, that's great cause I get off from like five minutes. I can't. He's like, oh, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 3: I thought this was a gift certificate type situation. No, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny. And he thought that I was going to be like, here's a God individion for you to have dinner or you.
Speaker 3: Or you could just you can just tell me where you want to eat and I'll pick it up and have it dropped off.
Speaker 2: Now, let's talk about Colin hay for a second, because Colin Hayes first time being played on the episode on the show was here.
Speaker 1: Ma, ma, ma, It's a beautiful world.
Speaker 2: Beautiful song, beautiful world. And then he's actually in the season two premiere bill did how did Colin hay come about? Was it through christ huge huge huge?
Speaker 3: I got to speak for a second before Christa and then she has to talk, which is not enough shout outs for my wife, Zach, you were involved and Neil was involved, but my wife on the show for what it's worth. Yeah, no, I know, but I mean I have it. My wife is always been such a key person in me and picking music for my shows and having a taste in it that kind of defines tonally what the show is. And she had taken me to see Colin Hay a bunch at Largo even before our show came out. Go ahead, Christ, I'm sorry, interrupted.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So we had we had seen him at Largo, and I loved him and I knew that he was His music was absolutely the right tone for Scrubs, and so we used a few of Colin's songs on the show.
Speaker 2: Him And then did you know he could act? Because I think he had. He had been on the Larry Sanders Show, right, Bill, I mean, how did you did you know the idea to put him in the episode?
Speaker 3: If you it's again it's Krista. But if you have a chance to see Colin at Largo, it was, you know, half music and half him going going, I sold out Wembley Stadium with a bunch of dudes, and now I'm playing here for forty five of you, you know, and then just making jokes at his own expense. And I remember he used to say. All my old mates said I should move to Australia, open a bar called the down Under in Sydney, come out every Saturday at midnight and play that song and I'd be a billionaire, which is probably true, you know what I mean? And then he'd just tell jokes and stories about that time of the show is so funny.
Speaker 5: Do you want to hear what else is funny about Colin Hey? So, my uncle for two years used to produce Satura Night Live, and I used to go in high school to watch the musical acts like six o'clock on a Saturday. And then Colin hay Meant at work played Saturday Night Live, and then we hung out with him afterwards. He was a perfect gentleman, wasn't he like that? But we all hung out with him afterwards. And then when he did the show, he said to me, your uncle gave me a chance and was so kind to me on Saturday Night Live, and it kind of came full circle and he was excited to see me again, and that's cool.
Speaker 2: That's cool. I was going to see him at years of you.
Speaker 1: I went with you dude.
Speaker 2: Are those of who don't know Largo is a small, very small music venue. Since changed, they probably made it bigger, but back in the day when we were going, I don't know, it would hold maybe one.
Speaker 1: Hundred people, yeah, I think less than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if that, maybe less than that or maybe sixty. And it was a bar and they served food and lots of comedians would would would be there and musicians would be there, and it was a really cool community. And I hadn't heard Colin since he was in Men at work when I was a kid. And then he and we just play his songs acoustically, just him and a guitar, and it was so beautiful because his voice is so incredible, and he would do some covers of Minute Works songs and then he would do a lot of his his own songs, his new songs, like Beautiful World that's in this episode. And I just don't think I'll ever get over you, which I ended up putting in Garden State, But I remember that he was very funny in the episode, and I just, uh, I just wondered where you got the idea to actually put him physically in the show. But there it is from Largo.
Speaker 1: He has some good ones.
Speaker 10: And then I just don't think I ever get over you. I drink coffee every morning, comes from my place.
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 3: By the way, in the history of your podcast, people are gonna be like, when did it go downhill? And they're gonna go when Zach and Donald decided just to have it be them singing favorite songs of theirs everything.
Speaker 2: That's kind of what it is already. That's kind of although I always duck out because Donald has such a sultry, beautiful voice.
Speaker 3: Such a good voice. Yeah, I gotta say, since we're doing go ahead, Donald.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I do love me some Colum hey though, man, I just he's.
Speaker 7: Such a lovely man as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, I didn't know if we're the show thing yet that I can give my both positive and bone chilling reaction to Donald already said. You know when doctor, when Johnny c says, why don't you stir some things up? When she comes to that table of all you happy people at the end and decides to rip our show apart for the next year, it gave me such glee both to watch how it was performed and how it affected every relationship, but also because you guys are also close in many ways to your you know, your spirits and your personas in real life. It gave me chills because I've had I've been one of the people sitting at that table before with my sons when my wife comes in and says that, He's like, let me, let me talk to you guys about the behavior yesterday when you just get small and just immediately have the By the way, I think Zach's voiceover says uh oh, but the uh uh. I've had so many of those, and it was so cool to watch you do it, my love. He was so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did a great job without that monologue. Do you remember did you work a lot on that or did you just wing it? I mean, obviously I remember.
Speaker 5: You know what you guys probably don't remember is that that scene was shot on a Wednesday, and we did Drew Carry on a Tuesday night, and for some reason there was a mess up and I didn't get the script. I was doing Drew Carrey late and I didn't get the script for the what that monologue was till midnight, and I.
Speaker 6: Was so mad at Bill.
Speaker 5: I was like, why didn't they deliver me the script early? But it builds like it was out since seven, So I was insane, And then so I had to learn it and Drew went really late that night. I remember being so annoyed, and I was first up, so I had about five hours of sleep, and I didn't know it that well, and I had only you know, I was in the regular, so I'd only done one or two episodes with you guys that season.
Speaker 1: No, this is like your fourth episode, so.
Speaker 7: Fourth maybe not a lot though, And I came in.
Speaker 5: I had this monologue and you guys and I kept messing up the lines and I started getting into a shame spiral, and it was Donald.
Speaker 6: You were like, you got this. You've already done it.
Speaker 7: You got it.
Speaker 5: You were so kind to me. Donald, you probably don't remember. And I was like, you were like, take a deep breath, you got it. You've done it already. You're just now getting into your head.
Speaker 1: I was just telling you all of the stuff that they would tell me all year round.
Speaker 2: He was just regurgitating all the shit people had said to him.
Speaker 3: By the way, you know what part of it was too, my love is. I remember because you were working on a show as a regular in which you had two tries to get it start to finish, you know, because it was multi caam and I remember all of us trying to tell you, no, you've never done it the way you want from the beginning to the end. But you've done every part the way you want, you know what I mean. And then we're gonna cut and you really made you upset.
Speaker 7: I remember that now, Yeah, But then we got it in one take.
Speaker 5: And then I also thought, this single camera is different, like I had to do a different way of having to learn things.
Speaker 6: But I you know, And also it doesn't matter. I realized when you get.
Speaker 5: There, no one cares that you're working on another show and you were up till one in the morning. Everyone just expects you to know it and be great all the time. And it was just a good It was a good lesson for me, and I love Also that monologue was so good.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to mess it up.
Speaker 2: I think you did a great job. I think it's a great way to It was a really clever way to end the season too, Bill, because you know, you can't you have to have some sort of cliffhanger. And and the whole episode is that we're all working as a team, and you've got this montage set to Colin Hey where we're all coming together and solving a problem. It's like, you can't end a season like that. You've got to You've got to blow it up and uh. And then I thought that was really clever, how you had just Chris to just come in and just fucking destroy.
Speaker 3: Everybody, dismantle at all.
Speaker 2: My favorite part was that I wrote it down. Apparently JD is very good in bed that had not been disgusted yet. Oh boy, no, you know, because we didn't see our love.
Speaker 3: Be careful, be very careful.
Speaker 1: Boy. Listen, dude, you know how to make it uncomfortable characters.
Speaker 7: It was so good, that's.
Speaker 1: What you say.
Speaker 3: These guys at Krista, they've already done a thing of joking around that. I like watching you kiss other people, which I do not. I don't know. Don't make by the way, don't make that expression. Even though people can't see this, don't make the expression. Don't don't don't you were By the way, I'm a second away from spreading up there for a stop hugging big.
Speaker 2: You're not allowed out till five. You're not allowed until five.
Speaker 7: True, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: I pictured there's like a bike lock on the outside of the door, and Crystal unlocks it at four fifty nine.
Speaker 3: You know what, also, but changing the subject that that moment never happened. You can edit that out. I'm sure it's gone. The uh I liked after you gave your speech, And I haven't given enough props to Johnny C and Ken. First of all, Johnny C's ability to make intense anger seem immediately real. I found myself intimidated even and couldn't imagine what it was like. You know, Donald, you and Zach had to do it all more than anybody to act in the face of that fury. Yeah, I mean when he oh, my goodness, it's so loud and so not TV anger. That and I contrasted that to this was the beginning of one of the things, you know, when I say I watched the show and dislike stuff and love other stuff. Ken Jenkins as a man was so funny and not just the personified villain, you know, And one of the first things that got us there because he starts changing in the second year. He goes to speak to Johnny C after that speech, and it does the biggest car, the biggest cartoons spin around, and it's so funny, and I'm like, oh, man, dude, is funny and we should let him be human and quirky and weird.
Speaker 2: I wish he'd come on the show. But he's always moving.
Speaker 3: He's still moving.
Speaker 1: He's still moving while we didn't.
Speaker 2: Maybe he didn't runt a truck and he's just just doing it by hand.
Speaker 1: While we have you here, Bill, here's a question that all of the fans are asking us, you know quite a bit, and I know it has a lot to do with schedule or anything like that, but if you could ever see another incarnation of Scrubs, what would be your dream or your if you had to do it, what would how would you like to see Scrubs revisited?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Didn't write to it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I love the characters so much. And I think one of the things that we tried to do on that show is it was an era in which on the sitcoms I grew up with, everybody stayed the exact same from episode one to episode two hundred, and I like to feel that people grew and aged and matured, and so, you know, like it's it's at one point, by the way, Zach and Donald Christo were constantly pitching me that maybe we should just go shoot Doctor Acula, and which would, which would be fun. Admittedly, the two of them making that movie and I think it'd be hilarious, But man, I'd love to see who JD was as an adult and a father, and who Donald, you know, was with Judy and with their kids. And I just would want to visit with these people again. That's why I find the idea of doing a whole other series daunting, But the idea of visiting with them and seeing where their lives are at and seeing, you know, how they react to medicine. I'll tell you the example for it is real JD. Okay, not many will know this, but the real JD was a young cardiologist when we started the show. Then he became a heart surgeon and a cardiologist, and then he became so beloved by the interns and residents. He became a huge teaching figure and ultimately the CEO of the Kelso of the hospital. He runs the whole hospital of Kaiser in Los Felis, and in fact is running their COVID command center now. And the fact that he has gone from the beginning to that very same kind of patriarchal figure that you guys needed. I'd love to see j D and Turk. Doing that for other young people, I would hope that they'd still love medicine. That's it.
Speaker 2: Emily is here, Emily here, it is working.
Speaker 11: I am so so sorry.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about Emily.
Speaker 3: It's not you, miss Emily.
Speaker 1: Emily, Emily, Emily, I'm going to be honest with you. You are worse than Sarah, but we are still very excited about show.
Speaker 2: Sarah had two tries and and mess them both up, whereas Emily is just joining us for the first time.
Speaker 1: Emily, Emily, you blew it. But it's okay. I'm gonna give you the speech that Bill gave me. I need you to come in here and bring the energy that you were going to bring the first time.
Speaker 2: That is a callback. That's a callback to Donald's first audition.
Speaker 11: Thank goodness.
Speaker 2: All right, go ahead, Emily. What's your question? You have Bill Lawrence, you have Krista Miller, Donald Faison, and myself, Zach Brae and.
Speaker 12: I all right, so I had I didn't know that Bill and Krista were going to be on originally, so I changed my question a little bit.
Speaker 11: Okay, And since I think you.
Speaker 12: Guys are talking about the season finale, which talks about like all the impact that the characters had.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to cut you off. I'm sorry to cut you off. I have to cut you off. I'm sorry. You have a stethoscope on? Is that a stethoscope?
Speaker 11: Nope, this is my braid. But this is my name badge with.
Speaker 1: Myll Okay, are you a doctor or are you I'm not.
Speaker 11: I'm a EMT phlebottomist. Combo. I'm calling from the office right now. I'm hiding in the break room.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Thank you so much for all the stuff you do.
Speaker 11: I've got surgeries going on through the other door.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is amazing. First of all, thank you very much.
Speaker 11: Oh, thank thank you guys. You guys inspired me.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right off here, but sorry.
Speaker 12: That's actually part of my question is I'm I'm going to use the just because I'm not a doctor or nurse yet, so I'm just an EMT flebottomist. But have you guys heard from other fans any amazing stories where they said that you got your show inspired them.
Speaker 11: And that's for all four of you.
Speaker 2: I'll go first. Yeah, all the time.
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 2: I will encounter nurses and doctors and paramedics and EMTs who say Scrubs was the thing that that got them into it. Some say they had no interest before and Scrub and Scrubs and the camaraderie and all the adventure made them want to do it. And then some say they were thinking about it and Scrubs put them over the edge. But yeah, I mean, throughout my life there's been lots and lots of people and sometimes I'll be walking along the street and people be like, they'll do a doubt take because they're excited to see me, and I go to talk to him, like we'd weird doctors. We just graduated in bed school and we'd scrub is our favorite thing. So it's such a good feeling. I mean, to the fact that we could have inspired anybody is a really really good feeling. I'm sure you guys have had the same experience.
Speaker 1: Right absolutely. That's also why we you know, we did the podcast. Also, this is this isn't just for the fans of Scrubs. This is also for everyone out there in the medical community, you know what I mean. Just the respect and the love that we have for all of you guys is immense. And so you know, when we we were on a show that was a love letter to everybody in that community as well. And so this is all about y'all. So if it inspires anyone, if it makes anyone, if it makes anyone feel like they want to get into medical it makes me happy that I was a part of something that, you know, has turned people's lives around. You know, I didn't know what I wanted to do. Then I saw Scrubs, and now I'm a doctor or now i'm you know, I work in the medical profession. So absolutely, it happens all the time, and I'm very I'm I'm very proud that I was on something like this that's reached out and touched so many people.
Speaker 2: What about you, guys, Bill end or Christa.
Speaker 5: I always you know, well, Bill, if he sees a new doctor or has to get his tooth pulled, it's the first thing he drops right.
Speaker 7: That comes out fast, like he just gets.
Speaker 3: It fast, you know.
Speaker 2: Scrubs.
Speaker 5: I often have people say to me, doctors and nurses will say that Scrubbs was the first show that they felt accurately portrayed what it's like to be an intern in a resident you know, in terms of all the stories that you guys did and the and the reality of how hard it was now tiring, et cetera.
Speaker 2: And Bill didn't the AMA come out and say we were the most accurate show.
Speaker 3: They did. They said, we're the most accurate medical show. And first of all, Emily, thanks for doing what you do. That's super cool. And secondly, you know it's really weird. We're gonna I'm sure we'll talk about all this stuff too on other podcasts, if you ever nice enough to have me and or Krista back, or Emily back, or on Emily's podcast. But when you're involved in creating something and it's been years, if you're in you know it's even presumptionous to call yourself an artist. You look at these things and you go, here's what I got right, Here's what I got wrong, Here's what I wish I could fix, Here's what I wish I could change. And the one thing that I thought we got right top to bottom, actors, directors, everybody else was because of the real JD said, We're allowed to do as many jokes as we want, as long as you make it clear how much the doctors and nurses truly care and how much they will give everything for patients. And the fact that the AMA this year. You know, however, many years after we wrapped twenty year anniversary of the Start whatever, it was asked all of you guys to do their graduation since their graduations got canceled for all the new young doctors. Meant so much to me that you guys are still part of the lexicon of young people, you know, who aren't going into medicine anymore to be wealthy like the old cliches. They're going into it to be of service and to do something really important. That's probably the best thing I'll take from this show, and that's why it's so cool to talk to people like Emily.
Speaker 1: Hey, Emily, it seems like you have a lot of people in the room with you. Want to turn the thing around.
Speaker 2: Let's know, she got called into surgery.
Speaker 11: They were like, we need you on the doors saying do not disturb.
Speaker 1: Let him come in, come in, them in and let.
Speaker 11: Them to doctors and a nurse just walk in and they're like.
Speaker 1: Guys, no, are they out there in the hall right now? Are they in the hall? Tell them to come in?
Speaker 2: No, don't, don't, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Sa I want to say, dude, man should be the freaking Queen of the freaking.
Speaker 12: Are okay, guys, the Scrubs podcast wants to see you all.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of y'all right about.
Speaker 10: To say.
Speaker 11: Yes, that's that's part of my clinic.
Speaker 3: That's very cool.
Speaker 2: In my mind. Emily, they were like, we need you stat he's coding, and you were like, shut up, I'm on the podcast.
Speaker 11: The fact that that hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 2: All right, do you have another question for us? Emily?
Speaker 11: I do, and it's a little sillier.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, all right?
Speaker 11: So, knowing how big of lame is fans, you guys.
Speaker 2: Are, yes, except for Christa?
Speaker 3: Going except for Christa.
Speaker 12: Or maybe musicals in general, not in any Broadway play or production? Which character and which play?
Speaker 3: Oh, I would be Jean Valjean, you know. But I'm not getting excluded, and I would be Jean Valjean. But I would do it in Paris because I would sing it all on pog con do porcevetu. That's Wames and French.
Speaker 2: That's the only person I know that can sing pieces of lame as in French.
Speaker 1: Donald, Who would you be if I could be anyone in any Broadway show? Wow? You know the one musical that I loved growing up was Mary Poppins, and we were very lucky to have Dick Van Dyke on the on Scrubs uh for one episode. So if I could be any character that he played on Broadway, I would love to be Bert from Mary Poppins.
Speaker 3: You'd kill it, kill it.
Speaker 1: I would love that.
Speaker 2: That would be even do that.
Speaker 1: I'd even do the fake accent and everything. I'd suck up the accent on purpose. Oh Mary Pulpins.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Christy, you would go if Donald started Mary Poppins.
Speaker 1: I really, I would call you every day and be like Christa, I got a ticket for you.
Speaker 2: Christy, didn't you come to my Broadway musical?
Speaker 3: Yes, you'd go for Donald?
Speaker 7: I did. I would go for Donald, But why are you guys pressuring me?
Speaker 1: This would be one of those things where I pressure you, so I'd be like, yo, come on.
Speaker 5: I realised I would go for Donald. I wouldn't. I'd be mad at him after.
Speaker 2: I'm probably too old to do it now. I'm not sure, but I always wanted to do Annie as Annie, and I'm not sure if it's too late, but maybe.
Speaker 3: See if zach ar Donald or christ can finishes Emily. One of my favorite lines from a secondary character on the show was, Uh, Nurse Roberts had to leave early. Your nephew.
Speaker 2: You know what I love about that? Bill we talked about I thought on the show it's that Nurse Roberts was offended that you would think her nephew would be anything but the lead. How could a nephew not this show is called She had attitude like bitch if the show.
Speaker 3: If the show is Godspell, it would have been God, God God.
Speaker 2: Well, Emily, thank you. We're going to keep you on because the show is ending. We've done the show. We've gone through it all. As Howard Stern always says, Krista, what does he say?
Speaker 6: So you've said it all.
Speaker 2: We've said it all.
Speaker 7: You've said too much.
Speaker 2: We've said too much. We've said it all. I want to thank Bill and Christa because, uh, this was fun. We did a whole season. Guys, we we did a whole season of Scrubs. Rewatch podcast. Congratulations, Yeah, it's really I.
Speaker 3: Want to thank Joel and Daniel to not Daniel after today, but they're both so kind.
Speaker 2: I think Dan does not deserve thank you for today.
Speaker 1: I disagree with you, Zach. I disagree with you. I tell you something right now. You guys don't know this out there every Tuesday and Thursday. If it wasn't for Daniel and Joel, y'all want to hear such crisp recordings and great Hi Larry. Look, if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be here on your podcast radio thing, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: That you listen. Listen, thank you, listen, listen.
Speaker 1: I will listen.
Speaker 2: Listen. I want yeah, I fell asleep while you were doing that monologue. Listen. I want to thank these guys. They do a fantastic job. I want to thank everybody for listening. This has really been fun. Donald and I thought this would be a fun, little entertaining thing to do, but then COVID happened and it became our only job and it's been so much fun. And it's a great escape, too, great escape, and just hearing everything everybody's reaction to it has been been a blast. So so thank you. Thank you for Bill for making all of this happen. Thank you to Christa for so many things, including, as Bill said, so much of the music that y'all love on Scrubs was chosen by Christa. So don't forget to tell your friends please spread the word. Don't forget to rate the show, remember like the Uber Driver five stars five stars, because apparently that that that helps our our standing in the ranks, and we're very competitive. We'd like to be high in the ranks.
Speaker 1: We would also thank We also wanted to thank all of our all of the crew members from this show, and all of the directors who came on the show. You know after this season. When this season ended, the tone was now set and anyone who came in was now playing in this big arena that bill the directors and Christa and Neil created with the music and the show, the tone was set, and so we want to thank We want to thank the directors.
Speaker 2: He gave Neil a little more credit than he deserves that, but you know, he was one of the writers.
Speaker 3: She knows, Krista knows. It's just Neil. Neil.
Speaker 6: By the way, on I wouldn't do the music with Neil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, you didn't do her music with Neil, but he did some of the music.
Speaker 3: Every time he gets mentioned.
Speaker 2: Don't don't give him any credit.
Speaker 7: I love Neil Goldman, but he didn't do the music with me.
Speaker 3: Can we uh? I love you guys, Donald. I love you, Zach, I love you. Makes me so happy to see you. Emily. I feel like we're tighter n my wife. I love you. Is so fun to get to work with you. I get I hope I get to do it again. But can we do a group happy five six seven eight to get out of the show.
Speaker 2: We can, and we're going to let Emily participate. And Joel and Dan you should turn off turn on your mic so you can participate.
Speaker 3: I know, I feel it's the last one of the year. I'm gonna have to come up with a different gag next year.
Speaker 2: You are going to need a new gag, Bill because uh we have merch coming and it's as as I said earlier, it's all inspired by Bill five six seven eight and uh and stop Hug. You will soon be able to get a stop hug mug. Everyone's gonna want to get that. When the world opens back up. We hope to tour the show and and and and we'll convince uh Bill and Christa to come along for some fun adventures all over the world. Thank you, we love you guys, and uh, here we go ready.
Speaker 8: Fuses that show we made about a bunch of times and nurses and.
Speaker 1: Said he's a stories nets No
Speaker 9: So get here, yea here and