Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me. We all about that high school drama, Girl Drama, Girl, all about.
Speaker 2: Them high school Queens. We'll take you for a ride. And our comic girl sharing for the right teams.
Speaker 3: Drama Queens, My Girl Girl Fashion, which your tough girl?
Speaker 1: You could sit with us Girl Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, drahn The Queens Drama Queens. Hi, everybody, welcome back to another episode. We've got all your burning questions and we have answers that hopefully are better than mediocre. Uh Hey, Jacqueline wants to know in an emergency, which cast member are you listing as your emergency contact? And why Paul Johansson all the way? He just I feel like he's connected to so many people and he knows how to He's one of those people that, again, is really good in an emergency situation. I feel like he'd be he'd be pretty good to handle whatever was going on for me. Anyway. You know, we're so close.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I wouldn't do Paul because he probably wouldn't answer the phone if I called. I would know, I'm kidding, Paul would answer the phone. He's a solid guy. I would go Tyler Hilton though, because he he is my Paul Johansson.
Speaker 2: I love that. I was going to say, see this is where like.
Speaker 3: My brain is too literal. I'm like, well, in what city? Because obviously if I were home in Los Angeles, it would be Daphne. We live quite close to each other, and she does have major maternal energy for me. But then I'm like, well, now I'm mostly on the East Coast and I am I am upstate now so often with all the kids, because Slana is so obsessed with George, Like I can't explain to you how precious it is to watch two little girls. And I'm like, well, duh, Hillary, because by the way, like she'd be able to tie a tourniquet if I needed to get to the hospital. But also knows like every doctor every She's one of those people too who just like knows everybody that you would need in a crisis. So yeah, I guess I have like big sister energy on one coast and mom energy on the other. That would be for me.
Speaker 2: DJKJ, I want to know more.
Speaker 3: Is this a real DJ name? Is this a nickname? Are you planning to become a DJ? Not the question, But I just have questions.
Speaker 2: The DJ would like to know though.
Speaker 3: Besides the iconic Nathan and Haley kiss in the rain with Dare You to Move? What other scene stands out to you because of the perfect song choice?
Speaker 1: Oh? What a great question.
Speaker 3: It's really a good one, you know what, I will say, hit me in all the feels. And maybe it's because we just watched this episode for the show this week. But in episode eight sixteen, when we're having the very emotional will they or won't they moment with Brooke, Julian and Chloe, I don't even remember the title of the song, but the episode end with a Records song and Michelle's voice comes in. Whatever the lyrics are, I literally wrote down in my notes perfect song choice. It's so emotional and it's so heartfelt, and I don't know, it really emphasizes the stakes. So I think that's something our show did so well. Lindsay Washington always found the song that fit the moment.
Speaker 1: I think Landslide that video is.
Speaker 2: Absolutely devastating, such a winner for me to.
Speaker 1: That also was.
Speaker 3: So iconic because to get a song of that musical stature, it makes me realize that you could you could say at the end of Nathan and Haley's wedding back in season three, having led Zeppelin over the car crash. It's like you're just iconic, you know, So whether it's like a little scene that you won't really remember or some that'll stand out forever, like the car Lydia the kiss, the music can really hit you there, all right?
Speaker 4: The tishwasher cue. Okay, hold on, is there a chance this is from none other than top chef Alum superstar chef Kristin Tish. I'm going to tell myself it is big fan, Kristin. Thanks for writing in. How did the crossover episode with Life Unexpected happen? With Joy and Kate Vogel? Joy, can you talk to us about your experience doing the crossover episode? This is fascinating to me because I didn't realize this even happened.
Speaker 1: Yes, so Life Unexpected was shooting up in Vancouver. They were in there. I don't know. Second it is it's Chris's show, So that was the first time I met him and Shery Applebee was out there and it was great. It was really uh, it was a good it was a good experience for me. I got to just go be away Actually it was really good for me because it was the first time I had been away from this the really toxic environment that I was in in my personal life. While I was shooting one Tree Hill that wasn't Wilmington, and I went completely on my own. Did I go completely on my own?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, wait, they sent somebody with me. Oh god, never mind. Well, I remember it feeling pretty good because at least I was like away from everything that I was used to, so there was just a nice freshness in the air. And I got to sing on the show and played guitar, and Kate came on and did a performance as well. I think I was four months pregnant. Maybe I don't remember a lot of it. I just remember going up to shoot. I remember meeting Chris, having a good time. They were shooting some big sort of music festival a thing. Maybe Sheryl Crow was on the same episode. Don't know.
Speaker 4: Was Kate on Life Unexpected?
Speaker 1: No, They sent us both up to do like a like a gig from the characters from Tree Hill coming out to their town to play ourselves or well to play or excuse me, our characters on the road in another state. So it was it was fun Yeah. I like that our show made space for doing all kinds of things like that, like concert tours on the road and crossover episodes. Did any of you guys ever do a crossover episode or another show, because I know they were doing that a lot on the CW in particular at that time.
Speaker 4: I did one with Cops, although that wasn't really planned for the show. It was just because stealing a car with some friends. You know. No, I never did a crossover episode, did you? So?
Speaker 3: I want to say no, I don't think so. So if someone knows otherwise, write to us and jog my memory for me. No, I don't think I ever did anything as Brooke Davis. But I mean, my god, when I was working in the Dick Wolf universe and I lost track of how many crossover episodes I did in that space because they really made that. They made that part of their sort of musty TV like arc so it was a lot when I was doing that. But I don't remember doing a crossover episode for the CW.
Speaker 4: Now, great questions, Thanks for writing, and we love your work.
Speaker 1: Anya is asking if your phone could only have one app for the rest of time, what would it be?
Speaker 3: FaceTime?
Speaker 4: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: The easiest answer for me. If I had to give up every single app, I would keep FaceTime.
Speaker 1: I think i'd keep voice notes. I don't use FaceTime that often. I just like it, like talking on the phone to people and their voices, the voice notes, like I need to. I've got to remember things. I write songs, I have ideas. I like work on my book and talk into my phone and build characters. And yeah, I use that all the time.
Speaker 4: Wow, I mean the calendar, that's funny. I have parent brain, man, So if I don't have something written down like I will forget it. So yeah, I think i'd be a mess without a calendar.
Speaker 3: I would too, But if I had to pick, I'd go back to a paper calendar and I FaceTime.
Speaker 2: I just like to.
Speaker 3: I like to see people, and we're always on the road.
Speaker 4: So yeah, all right, don't mess with Jess. Well done, rights woods or asks. What's a totally normal thing that irrationally creeps you out? Wonderful question, Jess. I'm I'm interested and excited to hear your answer.
Speaker 1: The normal thing that irrationally creeps me out?
Speaker 3: To say that irrationally creeps you out, like something that's creepy that makes you uncomfortable, not something that irritates you.
Speaker 4: Right, well, if it helps answer, it helps make it easier. It can be irrationally bothers you, like, for example, because I don't have enough the top of my head, but I will say being sung too, oh y bothers me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes you very uncomfortable, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Yes, I feel like I have been I'm a I'm now a hostage in a hostile situation where I have to sit there and nod and m hmmmmmm. It's yeah, don't like it, okay.
Speaker 3: Something that some people would call totally normal that I find irrationally creepy, and I do mean creepy as cottage cheese. I can't explain it thinking about it, like it makes me well, it makes me feel so ill, and it like makes my skin crawl on the inside. Something that seems to have become totally normal in a world that is losing its manners that irrationally or perhaps very rationally bothers me is people either scrolling like TikTok or being on speakerphone with no headphones like oh yeah, I've been on planes where people are just swiping through video apps and it's like we are trapped in a tin can together.
Speaker 2: You have to stop doing that.
Speaker 3: You can't subject everyone to the insane sounds with no picture or context.
Speaker 2: This is psychotic and it's like it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what is going on over there? And it's as crazy to me as like people just walking around on speakerphone talking at a volume ten.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you are in public.
Speaker 3: You need to use your inside voice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like what I don't have to your situation, Sofia, that is a totally irrational thing that justifiably creeps you out because that is so rude.
Speaker 2: But you're saying it's irrational or it's rational.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, the question was totally normal thing. I'm saying what you are describing is a totally unhinged, irrational what can you do? And your response to it is entirely understandable and justifiable. You know what.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. I'm not the irrational one.
Speaker 4: No, you are not.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That trives me crazy, crazy making. I guess your your cottage cheese thing gotten me thinking. I do have a dairy issue. When people eat yogurt or ice cream and then they don't they when the spoon comes out of their mouth and they're still a little bit on it. I just I don't understand why you can't just lick all of it off. I really can't understand why there's still some like and it's like the spittle that's a little connected to it, and it's still just, you know, just un dairy that has not been fully consumed in the moments that it needs to be. It's gross to me.
Speaker 4: Perfect joy answer. I love that.
Speaker 1: I don't share ice cream. I can't. I can't deal.
Speaker 3: No, it's too gooy for that, I gotta say. And I'm sure there will be people who get so mad about this, but like I do actually believe that, you know, not dying of preventable disease is a good thing, like this crazy resurgence. Everyone's not everyone. Some people are being insane, being like we should drink raw milk. I'm like, no, actually you shouldn't. No one should do that. Don't poison yourself to your point, dairy is it is more fragile than we like to admit. And I would super love for people not to die of, you know, a modern version of dysentery.
Speaker 2: Let's just not.
Speaker 3: Finish your dairy and please imoginalize it, just sterilize it.
Speaker 2: Just don't gamble with yourself that way.
Speaker 4: You know. Yeah, it's like the raw the raw meat trend, and it's like cave cave people used to do it, and it's like, yeah, cave people had an average life expectancy of twenty one years. Wait exactly, maybe that's not the model you want to follow, Please don't.
Speaker 1: I think there might be a difference if you're buying from Amish farmers, if you're buying from somebody who's like, you know exactly where the cow is from or where it's being brought up, and you know there's no pesticides and you know there's I mean, I think there's a lot that depends on the context of it, but most of what were fed in America is absolutely not safe for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, I look, I'm hoping. I'm hoping to push ninety, you know, so I'd like to leave the infectious disease on the side of the road along with the people who don't finish their spoonfuls of ice cream Firs.
Speaker 1: Please you and your spoons. Just take your spoons and get out. Just take a Harry covered spoons. All right. Teddy wants to know what's been your favorite episode of season eight so far. Brook losing the ring or thinking she lost the d the whole bachelor party. I mean, come on, I.
Speaker 2: Love the Bachelorette.
Speaker 4: Same Gigi wants to know what is the strangest purchase you've made or almost made. That's a terrific question. True, I want to answers.
Speaker 2: I recently.
Speaker 3: It was late. I was tired.
Speaker 2: This is not a new desire.
Speaker 3: But I did come so close to and in the middle of the night order for something, which like first sweater is okay, you can go oops and try it on and send it back. You guys, I came. I mean I came so close to placing an order for a miniature pony, like a week ago.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, why didn't you get one?
Speaker 2: I want mini horses so bad.
Speaker 1: Oh, you travel too much.
Speaker 4: You're the busiest person I know.
Speaker 2: I know, and that this is.
Speaker 3: Why, this is why I was like, it's just not time yet. I need a few more years. But you guys, it's my dream. It's my dream.
Speaker 1: It's my dream.
Speaker 3: And I was like, maybe it's time. Maybe I just have to do it, you know, and then I was like, no, a living creature is not a field of dreams metaphor.
Speaker 4: I gotta wait, fair, that is a very strange purchase. That was a terrific answer. What do you good luck?
Speaker 1: Following that, I can't so, I really don't. I I don't know what's weird that I buy or that I've bought.
Speaker 4: Tell us about that sweater you're wearing.
Speaker 1: Joy, This sweater is from c New York.
Speaker 4: It's actually an awesome sweater.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I love it.
Speaker 3: You're like, I did order it at one in the morning, but I didn't return it.
Speaker 1: Correct. Yeah, I'm sure there's stuff in my garage that's just random, Like I wouldn't say there it's anything that's super strange though, or like a, really, did I ever buy like some sort of taxidermy?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Almost almost, I guess. But taxidermy is cool. It's not strange to me. I think it's really amazing if it's done well. I mean, creepy taxidermy is creepy and strange. I don't know, guys, I'm babbling, rob Okay.
Speaker 4: So when I was on One Tree Hill, it was really when I discovered just how easy it was to bin shop on Amazon and eBay, and so I would remember, like you go into the production office and there'd be like twenty five boxes lying on the ground and it would all be mine because it would be the same thing. I'd be like, I'm just going to stay up late and just order random stuff. And one of the weirder things I remember, I would because like I there's probably something behind this, but I can get hyper fixated on something where it's like something interests me. I am obsessed with it for like four days to four weeks, and then I'm just like, eh, okay, cool, and it's like it never happened. And one of the things I was buying were badges from different government agencies, so like I had a badge from like the FBI, the Department of Defense. It was like every I don't know what I was planning on doing with them, but like I remember when I finally moved back from Wilmington, I had a legit duffel bag like full of badges.
Speaker 1: What you and you don't remember what you were planning to do with these, No, just costume stuff, like just so you could play practical jokes on people and go out and be like FBI, you're gonna have to let us search the premises.
Speaker 3: You'd think it does feel worse mentioning that depending on the state, I can't promise where it's classified as which, but it can be. I believe a felony to impersonate a law enforcement officer in any in.
Speaker 2: Any version of said costume.
Speaker 4: So just my friend know that I don't have them anymore.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing.
Speaker 3: And it's actually insane to me that you can buy those things online knowing that that's against the law.
Speaker 1: But AnyWho, Yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you never got arrested.
Speaker 4: I know, right, ooh.
Speaker 3: Few Evelyn wants to know the biggest celebrity you were starstruck by that you got to work with on any of your movies or shows.
Speaker 1: No, I don't get starstruck very often. I'm kind of Broadway people do, but I like I've I remember running into this woman named Rebecca Luker on the subway once in New York and I was totally And I sat next to Mandy Patinkin when I went to go see Gladiator, and I sat down in the movie theater and he and his son sat down next to me and he was just right there, right there next to me, and I was like, oh my god, I'm Mutchy Gladiator with Bandy Patinkin. This is crazy. I didn't work with any of that. Kandice Berg and I worked with that was pretty exciting.
Speaker 2: She's herself Maby Brown.
Speaker 1: What a legend.
Speaker 4: She's a legend, man.
Speaker 3: I did have a weird experience a few years ago. I worked on this really beautiful little movie called hard Luck Love Song, and Rizza was in our movie co and like growing up such a Wrap fan in that nineties era, especially, like he got to set and I just was like, I remember having a moment being like, shut the up, Sophia, like just stop, take a breath, don't try to make small talk when you're adrenaline is like spiking.
Speaker 2: You're being so weird, Like I knew I was. I could feel myself being like, so, how was day your day?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Like it was just so I couldn't get words out in the right order.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I'm going to go to crafty and I went and made myself a coffee and I was like, don't try to talk to this man about like all the music he's made that you die for.
Speaker 2: Just don't just be ask him how his day was.
Speaker 3: When you're gonna stop being less creepy, just stop.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's usually what.
Speaker 3: Happens to me when I'm like very excited to meet someone. I just realized I'm the weirdest, most uncomfortable version of myself, and then I have to put myself in a timeout about I have to It's a self inflicted timeout.
Speaker 4: God. I mine outside of work was Henry Winkler. I saw him at a convention and sort of like you, I think. I tried to put a sentence together and was like, I just think you're I just I just held my arms out and was like, can we hug? And he was like absolutely, and he gave me a hug. So he was every bit as wonderful and warm as you would hope him to be that I actually worked with. I wasn't like, I wouldn't say, overly starstruck. But when I got to work with Stephen Webber because I grew up watching Wings and he's wonderful. I remember the first time we were in a scene together and he was making these like crazy big choices that were great. I just wasn't expecting and I had that moment, though, of I was no longer participating in the scene. I was just sitting in my body, going, holy yeah, Stephen Weber's actually saying this to me. We're in a scene together. This is weird. And then had to like check back in, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, you're like, oh, no, I've left. I'm on the ceiling.
Speaker 3: Oh dear.
Speaker 2: I did something really.
Speaker 3: Embarrassing a few summers ago when I was doing my show in the West End. I'd gone to eat afterward, as I often did, because you know, you get out late and like you're wired, No way you're going to go to sleep, So who does nail all snack? And I'm sitting at a restaurant I frequented with a couple of friends who happened to be in town, and Kate Blanchette comes into the restaurant to a six top and sits at the table next to us, and I leave my body. I too, am on the ceiling. I am like. At one point, my friend Charlie was like hello, and I was like, I'm so sorry you're talking to me. And I couldn't say why I was being insane because she was, you know, forty six inches from my shoulder and we got up and we and we go to leave the restaurant and I grabed Charlie by his elbow and I'm like, you don't understand. I just I'm freaking out.
Speaker 2: And he was like, oh man, it's so cool.
Speaker 3: And Charlie's like this cool Australian guy's married to, like beautiful, amazing, big deal musician. And I'm like, I think I have to go back, and Charlie looks at me and goes, no, no, so if don't go back, And before I knew what was happening to me, it was like someone was pulling me on cables backwards into the area of the restaurant. We just left, and I felt myself turn around and look at her and go, I'm so sorry to do this. And I was like this is what people know.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I lost control.
Speaker 3: Of my facilities and I said, I really don't want to bother you. I just want to say, actor to actor, you've absolutely influenced and changed my life and I just want to say thank you. And she was like, well, aren't you so kind, reached out shook my hand. What's your name? I was like, I don't know my name. No, I actually like I did introduce her. So I said, oh, Hi, I'm Sophia. She said, what are you doing in London? I said, oh, I'm doing a play and she said, oh, the West End in her little accent.
Speaker 2: Fabulous and I was like yeah. I said I've taken too much of your time, Thank.
Speaker 3: You so much, and ran out of the restaurant. And there's Charlie and my three other friends who tries Guy's arms crossed and he goes, you went back and I said, sure, did shame me for it for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: We're leaving And it was quite a moment.
Speaker 3: And while my cheeks are so red.
Speaker 4: Hi, guys, they say never meet your heroes, but if your hero is Kate Blanchette, yeah, might be worth meeting her.
Speaker 3: She's like, pretty much just the coolest person I've ever shared oxygen with. So that was really neat.
Speaker 1: Oh, friends, you never know what's going to happen here on the Q and A. You never know everything from strange Amazon orders to Kate Blanchette everything in between. Well, we can't wait to hear your questions for next time, so send them on in and thanks for joining us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Kate Blanchett. I'm sure you're listening, and in fact, if you are listening to this episode, just shoot Sophia DM and just let her know if you remember that exchange.
Speaker 3: You were bringing pink frame aviator eyeglasses, not sunglasses. Deeply cool.
Speaker 4: I'm sure she remembers. It was a big night for her too.
Speaker 3: I'm totally I'm a normal girl, obviously.
Speaker 1: Bye, gotta go, Bye, Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queens O t.
Speaker 1: H or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: See you next time. We all about that high school drama.
Speaker 1: Girl Drama Girl, all about them high school queens. We'll take you for a ride at our comic Girl Cheering for the Right Teams.
Speaker 2: Drama Queenslease my girl
Speaker 1: Up girl fashion with your tough girl, you could sit with us Girl Drama Queens, Drama, Queise Drama, Queens, Drama Drama Queens, Drama Queens