Speaker 1: All right, Johnny, were gonna get you out of here on this when Colorado Big twelve struggles continue tonight, the Buffalo lost to TCU thirty five twenty one, fell to two and four on the season. Cayden Salter was inconsistent again eighteen or twenty nine, two seventeen, two touchdowns, but three costly interceptions in the first half, and then they had a very very costly fumble late in the ball game that gave them a short that gave TCU a short field. They capitalized on that. They threw a touchdown with like on fourth down with like nineteen seconds to go.
Speaker 2: So but.
Speaker 1: Man, that quarterback he killing them. Ojoe, Hey, he killing him.
Speaker 3: You got in order in order to compete, in order to contend, in order to have success, in order to even have a chance at winning at any level on whether you in high school, whether they in college, whether it's the NFL, and we see it all the time, especially it's a little bit more prevalent in the NFL, and how important the quarterback position is. You got to have quarterback play, not only quarterback play, but quarterback play that's somewhat consistent. Yep, somewhere you just got to be somewhat consistent, and you can't turn the ball over. You can't turn the ball over, and you're playing against opponents that are better than you, and if you're going to have a chance at all, you want to minimize it as much as possible, as much as possible. Now, for Prime in the Colorado Buffalo's, if you had some type of running game, you wouldn't have to put the onus of games where it comes when it comes to wins and losses on the quarterback. If he had a better run a game, you could take some of the pressure off of We don't have to put it in the air as much. But the running game is a little bit stagnant, is not as consistent as you'd like it to be.
Speaker 4: Therefore, you got to throw the ball as much as you do.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing that I like about Prime so much, just knowing who he is and how he is as a person, this adversity and what they're going through right now, he does not shy away from it. He goes back into the office on a Monday and goes back to the drawing board, and he's going to do, as long as he is there, everything in his power to try and right this ship, make it respectable and build on what they need to do to be.
Speaker 2: A good program.
Speaker 5: But right now, you guys are both absolutely one correct. You're not getting enough out of the run game to make it easier on your quarterback. And when it is time for the quarterback to step up, you're not getting enough from that position to make it easy on everywhere.
Speaker 2: Else.
Speaker 5: Is a tough recipe to be able to come out and have success.
Speaker 1: The matter fact that you tied in the half and you throwing three picks is amazing.
Speaker 2: God thought the defense played really well tonight.
Speaker 4: They did.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about it.
Speaker 1: They stopped because normally the cop the buffs can't stop the run. Well, they held TCU thirty five carries ninety four yards. I can live with that. Now, Hoover twenty three or thirty two, seventy five and four touchdowns, you probably can't live with that. They did get what two sacks? They had two sacks, six tackle for losses. But your quarterback, it just did He's wildly inconsistent.
Speaker 5: Thing too, and this is something that when I first got to the NFL and Kyle Shanahan came into one of the first meetings and if you lose the turnover battle four turnovers to nothing. Your percentage chance throughout the history of all football games to actually win is like eight percent.
Speaker 2: It's so bad.
Speaker 5: So if you're gonna lose a minus four and a turnover battle.
Speaker 2: You're smoked.
Speaker 5: You have to play so good in every area. It doesn't matter that your defense held up. Okay, it does not matter that your running game may have been better than it has been in the past. It is so hard to overcome that. And there's two things that you look at when I go to team stats every week, what are your penalties? How many times you shoot yourself in the foot? And did you win the turnover battle? And tonight four to zero and turnovers is tough. Six or forty three on the penalties is whatever. You can live with that.
Speaker 2: You can deal with that long as you're not double digits.
Speaker 5: Ye, minus four in the turnover battle, your smoke.
Speaker 2: You lose it. And they were, oh yo, see you was up fourteen nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm just so I just did it for people to know they were up fourteen nothing and then all of a sudden salted like you know what I want to make y'all. You know, I don't want people to lose interest in this game, So let me make it interest to her.
Speaker 4: Here you go, listen.
Speaker 1: I mean he was throwing pigs like oph was giving out cards. You get a pick, you get a pick, You get a pick.
Speaker 2: Like, Bro, what the hell are you doing?
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know what it is. Obviously, it's hard watching from the TV copy. Whose fault it is? Sometimes with some of those throws, it could be the receiver's fault, them not being in the right place. It could be the quarterbacks fault. You really can't tell, especially watching from TV. Then you see the replay, you still actually don't know. You know what the scheme of the concepts were, and it's just he got to play better.
Speaker 4: The quarterback heads.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, if the if you if the defender is between, the ball's gonna have to go through the defender to get to your guy. It's the quarterback's fault because even if he ran the wrong route, as Brian Billy used to tell our quarterbacks, don't don't exacerbate the situation. He ran the wrong route, why the hell you want to throw it to him anyway? You reward negative behavior. I'm like, bro, what are you doing. I mean, it's just I.
Speaker 2: Mean me, he's just like too school for school.
Speaker 1: It's like every time he want to throw it sidearm, he wanted charm to change arm slats. He tried to do too much. Man, he man, I'd be like, man, if I didn't pay for the TV. Probably if I was in an airbnb, I probably you know what, elcho, I probably just throw shoes at somebody broken eyes and throw a shoe through the TV. But this is my ish, and you know what, I need to go catch some TV's on sale show, you know, go to what in the state sale or I used to call them rumbing yard cells or rummy cell and get me some TVs. That way, I could just aid, just throw a shoe through them when I get mad, because boy, he had me, He had me three fifty hot.
Speaker 5: To date, they really missing Shadora right now. Yes, they really missing consistent quarterback play like that. And uh, look, I think for me and in having the relationship I have a prime and wanting him to be successful, it is hard to sit here and see their struggles and what they're going through right now. Anybody writes the ship, I believe it can be him. But He goes back to the thing that we were saying a couple of weeks ago, this new nil landscape. It's tough to get a dude the boulder. Man, it's tough. You don't have the juice.
Speaker 2: You ain't got no beat, you ain't got no water, you ain't got no holles. It is cold. So oh Joe, come on, Do I need scenery?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I need scenery most of the time.
Speaker 3: Especially it depends you need scenery or you locked in and focus on trying to get to that next level.
Speaker 4: It's all on what you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guess what.
Speaker 1: I can go to Alabama and get focused on that next level. I can go to Ohio State and get focused on that next level. You gotta realize, See, you ain't one of these top ten, top fifteen programs that people just lining up to come to.
Speaker 2: So I need something to lure them down there.
Speaker 1: What I got and most of the guys that we need, they ain't trying to ski as I understand aspen and bail.
Speaker 2: And breaking the ridge. I get all that. Yeah, but that ain't gonna get them down there.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'll tell you what though, if you want to be picky, if you're in a position where you don't want to choose, choose Colorado, and you have the skill set to show up and pop out on tape at the Alabama's, the LSU's and the other power five schools.
Speaker 4: More power to you.
Speaker 3: But it's only a handful of them young bulls that's out that that's built like that, if you know what I mean, that can actually go there and actually make a difference where you can pick and choose and say, well, I don't want to go to goddamn Colorado because I need some goddamn scenery.
Speaker 2: I think the thing that can do the best you go.
Speaker 5: Look at the Alabamas and the guys who are sitting there stuck on the two that can't get on the field. The Isaiah Bond we were talking about, who transfers to a Texas or something like that. They're gonna have to live and die by the portal and going and grabbing some guys who can't get on the field at these big schools and have the allure of prime, have the allure of being of a playing for a coach who knows what it takes. What he did molding Travis Hunter into getting them into a Heisman into a first round draft pick and doing that because yeah, you may not have it all to offer in the world, but Travis Hunter decommitted from everywhere else in the whole world to say I'm going to Jackson State and be with Prime. So there is that allure, and there is that special human being of a person, and as a coach, that would be like, yo, if I rock with him that much, I'm gonna go help him lead me into what I want to be as a man and as a player. So that is something that they have going for them and something that he's gonna have to go and snag when guys aren't getting there. Most of their opportunities somewhere else. That's the way I view it.
Speaker 2: The thing, O Joe.
Speaker 1: If a guy's at Ohio State, if he's at Alabama and he's at one of these big pie portals, that means he can go to one of the little big coop. A guy Alabama can go to Ohio State, he can go to Florida State, he can go to Michigan, he can go to those other schools. He ain't looking guys like that, unfortunately, Oh Joe and Johnny, you and I both know they're not looking at color.
Speaker 2: They're not looking at see you because they don't. Now.
Speaker 1: Once upon a time, see you used to be a factory, especially for linebackers Canaviors McGee, Chad Brown or Alfred Williams. They had they had some guys, Ted Johnson, they had DB's, they had wide receivers, they had a program. It's been it's been dormant for a long period of time. It's been like the seven seventeen year locals. They only come every seventeen years old, Joe. So that program has been dormant for a long period of time and it's gonna take a while for it to get and but they're gonna have win now.
Speaker 2: They needed to follow up what they did last year.
Speaker 1: They needed to follow up with an another season like that, because that's how Alabama started getting them back. Coch Saban got there. I think he went eight and four and he gets what. He went ten and two, and then eleven and one, and then twelve and oh and then eleven and one and then twelve and oh.
Speaker 2: And then they'll come.
Speaker 1: You can't go eight and four and then turn around and go four and eight, and thank god, they're gonna come and cut their.
Speaker 5: Knots of the years that year it ain't even happened at eight and for didn't mean nothing. First of all, it's not good enough to really grab your attention. But because of the publicity and what Prime is and store and what they had and Travis Hunter, you got the Heisman guy, the highlights, you're able to build on that a little bit. But once you go four and seven or four and eight or whatever it may be, all that goes away and you're back to the drawing board of that. They're a struggling program. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: And guess what, Johnny, to get out of this. They ain't got an il money. They ain't got they can't put no twenty million dollars, no twenty five million dollars then and say, okay, well go get me, go get me a quarterback, Go get me a receiver, a couple of DB's and some D line.
Speaker 2: But I got it. I got it.
Speaker 5: They got Powerball in Colorado too.
Speaker 2: They can go. They do, they do. Man, Johnny, thanks for joining us tonight.
Speaker 1: Make sure y'all go subscribe and check out his podcast on YouTube, Glory Days.
Speaker 2: With Johnny Manziel. Johnny, thanks for joining us. Tonight.
Speaker 1: Stay safe out there, because I know you're getting ready to head out right now. But stay safe out there, bro, and we'll all let you next week. Thank you, boys, Giggam, Maggie. Let's go, Hey, buddy, Oh Joe. Seventy three year old coach Bill Belichick is the oldest coach in college football, clearly has no answer for what ails the program that had made six bowl appearances in a row under former head coach Mack Brown. The Tarhells have played three Power fourth on US this season, none which have been ranked. They lost by thirty four, twenty five, and twenty eight. Un C general manager Mike Lombardi wrote a news letter to the program supporters say to trust the process. Compare the team's bill rebuilt to the sixers. I don't know if I to use that one, but and pointing out the early struggles from legends Nick Saban and Jim Harbaugh. O.
Speaker 2: Yo, Yeah, if you were you and C.
Speaker 1: Booster, do you really trust the process with Coach Belichick?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? And if you're you're in C. Booster, you need to open up your pocketbook.
Speaker 3: You know what it takes you understand the landscape and the dynamic and the way things work now in today's era when it comes to college ball and winning games, you gotta pay to play. You got to pay to win, you know, And that's that's what it takes. And you have to trust the process because you have the right man for the job. All you need now is the backing. And the backing has to come from the sponsors. It has to come from those with the big pockets that are on the outside, that graduated that they do know. And I would trust the process, especially with a coach like Bill Belichick who has success at the highest level, who's trying to show NFL teams that he that he can also coach at the younger level with the kids and and be a little bit more leaning and showing that I can do it on both ends of the spectrum.
Speaker 4: And I think he's going to have success. Obviously. It's somewhat of a I wouldn't use the word rebuild.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't use the word rebuild, but it is a rebuild, okay, well rebuild.
Speaker 4: It's a fresh start for him.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And listen, as great as as great as Bill Belichick is, there's only so much coaching he can do without the talent, without the players to be able to execute whatever it is you want to do.
Speaker 4: Offensive and defensively.
Speaker 2: They're not good. They're not good.
Speaker 1: Oho, I wish I wish I could dress it up for the chat and say, oh, you know, chat, they get this and they're not good and it's going to take a while for them to get good.
Speaker 2: Uh. This is not an overnight This is not a it can be it.
Speaker 4: It can be an overnight success.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: It can do it tonight.
Speaker 3: It depends. It depends on who pocket But we're talking about we can slip this thing around in one year.
Speaker 1: If you tell me that you got Texas in them, or they got Texas, they got money like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll listen to it.
Speaker 3: Tell me who's the richest man. Who's the richest person right now that went to University of North Carolina?
Speaker 2: Don't start me to line.
Speaker 3: I can tell you now one of the our arguably the greatest basketball player ever.
Speaker 2: Oh Jordan, you think? Hold on? Hold on? Oh say what what? What? What sport? Did he play?
Speaker 4: Basketball?
Speaker 2: Okay? What is North Carolina loan for?
Speaker 4: Hold on? Let me finish.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about I'm talking about people with money that have long money that can help with that nil situation.
Speaker 1: People with long money, they like to invest in things that they like. What is Michael Jordan likest basketball? What is North Carolina known for basketball? What is the university? What is Alabama known for football?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What at Ohio State known for football? What are University of Texas known for football?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you're trying to win. You're trying to win at a program that's known for what. That's like Kentucky. What is Kentucky known for? What is Kansas known for?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But hey, but the funny thing about it too, Uh, I'm thinking about it. We talk about wanting a change of program around, and you have someone that is a part of the Alma Martyr that can do that, like that, that had disposable income.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's disposed to Look.
Speaker 2: They ain't got no Larry Ellison. They ain't got no Larry Ellison.
Speaker 4: That what he did for Michigan, that's different. Different Hey, Now that's a different ball game.
Speaker 1: See, you talked about somebody and Michael Jordan, Hey, he got more money than you and I'll ever see he's three and a half four billion dollars. But we talked about a guy that got three hundred and fifty billion, three hundred and seventy billion, and it's going up.
Speaker 2: So that's a whole that's a whole different animal.
Speaker 3: Joe held on, Hey, what do you think you think we'll still be doing the show if we had Larry Ellison's money?
Speaker 2: Du what show.
Speaker 3: Bad?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: Ball?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean I like hey, I like talking, and I feel I still have a lot to offer for the hell to the No. Three hundred and seventy five billion. I mean no, oh yo, no, I'm going to kick my heels up somewhere. I don't even lie you, y' I ain't fittning hold you. I'm going I'm going to kick my heels up somewhere.
Speaker 3: And look, you got too much to offer to the people that have that kind of money and not want to share the knowledge and the stories that you do have.
Speaker 4: Un well, he hey, listen, don't let the money change you.
Speaker 1: Oh yo, I'll come back and I'll give you one day a week. But I'm gonna be a Jordan, and I go a Jorde.
Speaker 2: We go up. We're gonna be in the mall. D's.
Speaker 1: I A don't know what the internet service like over there, but that's where I bet Hey, all the places that the Aid, the Mall, D's, the Mafie Coast. Yeah, uh, you know, I want to go a lot of places. Oh, and I'm gonna get a head start on it.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be gone.
Speaker 3: What I don't worry. I run the show by myself. Don't worry about him. Hey, that's funny boy, and.
Speaker 1: Gonna let you welcome to the Welcome to THEO show man.
Speaker 2: What happened to hunk pieced about? It's look? Oh Jo?
Speaker 1: And plus the fact that coach Belochick has had so it's been a long time. Coach Bello has had so much success. Yes, think about doing that twenty year scretch that he had in New England. He had what three losing season his first season and then it's two last seasons there, So seventeen years of prosperity. He won the division sixteen seventeen times. He went to ten Super Bowls. Nine's excuse me, nine.
Speaker 4: Super Bowl Oh that's crazy, man.
Speaker 2: All those AFC championship games.
Speaker 3: Man, I don't think people understand what Bill and Tom did for such a long time.
Speaker 1: Well we understand it though, Shoe for civil fact, we played that sport and we know how hard it is to win. To win that consistency, excuse me, that consistently at that level and to the degree in which they won.
Speaker 2: Okay, look winning eight, nine, ten, gay or having a like.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys. They went twenty straight years. They never had a losing season, so eight and eight is winning. Okay, Like Mike Tomlin, he's never had a losing season. That ain't nothing to compare to what they did for twenty years. They winning divisions, they making deep playoff runs. They go in to Super Bowl. Nine Super Bowl appearances in twenty seasons. Now, mind you had it not been for Peyton. Peyton beat him three times in an AFC championship game, so that's twelve AFC championship games in twenty seasons. Eli beat him twice in the Super Bowl. So that man could easily going to twelve Super Bowls and.
Speaker 4: Have what wins nine rings?
Speaker 1: Nick Foles got him too, That's right, So the man, Yes, So to win at that level, you have a great like anybody that does something like I'm sure doctors feel this way, oh Joe, when somebody does a unique neurosurgeon and they do something or they put something back together, it's a it's an unbelievable It's an unbelievable feeling to keep a life in these hands. Skill now, A lot of stuff now is machines. You know, push your button in a machine does all that. But to be able to do I'm sure surgeons feel that way when they see another surgeon do something. Man, you you appreciate it. And coach it's hard on Coach Belichick. Man, losing get hard when you get when you used to winning and you get older.
Speaker 4: But you also understand what you're getting yourself into.
Speaker 3: Before he took the job, he understood what he was getting himself into.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, we got a story to report.
Speaker 1: Mark Sanchez was arrested by the Indianapolis Metro Police Department on Saturday based of three misdemeanor charges in relation to a relation to an incident where he was stabbed and taken to the hospital. Indiana Metro PD said Sanchez was arrested at the hospital on suspicion of battery with injury, unlawful injury of a motor vehicle, and public intoxication. An Indie reporter reported the following, we can now report what is stated in the police narrative from last night's stabbing involving former NFL quarterback Mark Sanchez. According to the police narrative we received from sources, Sanchez was not cooperative with police when they first arrived on the scene. Another man listed as the victim in the police report told police he was delivering food when Sanchez told him he needed to move and couldn't park where he was. The man told police Sanchez started threatening him and following him, and then attacked him. The man said he first tried to pepper spray Sanchez and it didn't work. He said it was at that time he defeended himself with a knife. Police noted the man had a significant injury.
Speaker 2: To his face.
Speaker 1: Sanchez was taken to the hospital in critical condition and underwent surgery. It is important to note Sanchez had has has not been interviewed yet, so as the police. As the gentleman, I think he's like sixty three, oh jo as he's telling the story. He ain't delivering door dash, He's parked in an area, he said.
Speaker 2: This is what he says.
Speaker 1: So all we can go about is what's being reported is that Sanchez told him he couldn't park there, and then I guess at some point Sanchez tried to get into the gentleman's car. Oh, it happened around twelve thirty am, so maybe probably there's a high probability or likelihood that alcohol was involved. It's a very a very unfortunate situation that he could have lost his life. He's very fortunate. He probably got stabbed, maybe in the chest, the abdomen, and they didn't they didn't say where he got stabbed.
Speaker 2: They didn't. They were important.
Speaker 4: But if he if he had to go to the surgery, it had to be it had to be somewhere.
Speaker 1: Where abdomen or the chant or something. Yes, but he's fortunate to be alive. I hate I hate this for him and his family, you know, and and and Fox reached out and said they you know, they're doing their due diligence. But as for privacy for him and his family. But it's a very very, very very sad for a situation. Sixty three year old man trying to trying to make an honest living. I mean, I promise you he delivered door dash jo Jo. He ain't got sick, he ain't got sixty three billion know nothing, right, He's trying to make ends meet most that's probably not his only job, not at all listen.
Speaker 3: For one, I mean, first off, I mean, based off what I know so far about the situation, would I would also like to hear what Mark Sanchez has to say about it, but based on what we have so far. For one, I want to just say, I'm glad market Mark is okay, I'm glad he's going to pull through. But obviously I think alcohol plays a plays a huge part, plays a huge part in uh, in this situation. And obviously this is going to be a learning lesson for Mark, it's gonna be less for others as well that uh that or that consume alcohol. And most of the time you want to consume just enough, just enough. We're still able to function in your right state of mind, and you're able to make the right decisions even when you're intoxicated, and I think obviously having too much alcohol it excuse you know, some decision making.
Speaker 4: Basic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't make the best decisions.
Speaker 4: You don't, you don't.
Speaker 3: And for one, for me, I'm really not the one to be talking for someone who's never had alcohol before. I'm really not the person to be saying what you should shouldn't be doing when it comes to drinking alcohol. But I hope the situation gets rectified soon. I hope Mark pulls through and he's able.
Speaker 2: I have been stabbed multiple times, O Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you know, because you gotta understand that man fight for his life. He doesn't know. He probably didn't even know who that was. Yeah, of course, and you jump on me, you threatened me. I ain't taking time to put let me go to Google because he kind of looked like Mark said, yeah, let me see if that's him. You're at you. People ain't doing that man. Man, Look man, I just let you just leave people alone. That's why they ain't going by my business. So Joe, yeah, hey, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Man? Boom?
Speaker 4: And one thing I think about it too, do or dash? Let's say he did park in the spot?
Speaker 2: You not the police even that.
Speaker 3: All you're doing is drop the food off. You're gonna be the way three minutes. If two three minutes, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Do what you gotta do. That ain't ain't none of my business.
Speaker 1: If the police says you can't park here, bro look here, I don't care about nothing.
Speaker 2: I ain't. I ain't. I ain't trying to be no police.
Speaker 1: Somebody stealing something I ain't intervening because it ain't my stuff. They gonna replace that stuff. He's stealing the purse. You stealing stuff out of some store. I don't care. It's not mine and I'm not putting my Hey, I'll tell you the story, Ojo. There was this shop across the bar or from where I go get my hair cut, and you know, they had these little graphic teas and stuff like that. Dude ran up in there, lady hollering everything, and the guys came out to the barbershop trying to chase O boy, boy, pull that tool out.
Speaker 2: It's not youall stuff. You're right, my man, you're right.
Speaker 1: They turned around and went on back to the barber shop. You started cutting hair. That's not your stuff. I am not about to lose my life for something that's replaceable. That's not mine. Take my stuff. Hey, it's gone. It's insured.
Speaker 2: That's what insurance is for.
Speaker 1: I don't want to have to use it, but I ensured it just because that's what that's what insurance.
Speaker 2: You have, health insurance.
Speaker 1: I don't want to use it, Ojoe, but if I got to use it, I have to use it.
Speaker 2: I am not I don't care. He could have parked there overnight. Man door dash man that man.
Speaker 1: I don't care, not my parking spot. Hey, hey, if long you don't block my driveway so I can get my ass up in there now I have. When I stayed in La Oh Joe, there was this big Jewish center and you know holidays, there are a lot of Jewish holidays.
Speaker 2: And so they's like, do you ma'am. I don't care.
Speaker 1: I said, it's long as you don't block me in. I don't care where you park. You can park on top of the damn house fall. I care as long as I can get in it out my house and I can go about my business.
Speaker 2: Y'all take off. I ain't doing that.
Speaker 1: And so, like I said, uh, I'm glad to hear that Mark is doing okay. I'm sure his family's wife and kids are in ending out with him in the hospital.
Speaker 2: But guys, y'all listen, let's just leave people alone. Man.
Speaker 1: It w ain't got to be policemen. Somebody park illegally. I don't care. I don't somebody partner the handicaps on. Yeah, I feel bad in my man, bro, that's a handicaptain. Somebody really needs that parking space, especially if you if you got a.
Speaker 2: Placard, I don't care.
Speaker 1: If somebody came out there doing break dancing, if he got a placard in the window, I don't care he got it for some reason. I don't care how you got it. I ain't bother nobody, O Joe, I go on about my business.
Speaker 4: I don't do that.
Speaker 1: I don't butter Man was sixty nine. Oh yeah, he about that. Oh he got that stick on it. Oh yeah, the open Oh see, I grew up in the era, Ojoe, where they put that blade on you. Yeah, I grew up to if you from the South. I don't know how they do it anywhere else. I'm just speaking about what I grew up. Men and women would put that blade on you.
Speaker 4: You know what you gotta think. This is society today is completely different.
Speaker 3: The weapon of choice back then was always a knife.
Speaker 1: Ojo, Fox fifty nine and C and CBS four are reporting that Sanchez told the driver he was upset that the truck was blocking a nearby alley. The source also indicated that Sanchez was acting erratically and had started doing wind sprints in the alley before the stabbing occurred.
Speaker 4: Alcohol, I mean.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm telling a man, look a that was if you, like I said, if you by a if you my age, let's just say from the ages of probably forty five to on up.
Speaker 2: You grew up in the time where people put that blade on you.
Speaker 1: Now I know, Hey, women used to walk around with them raising blades in their hand and slap five from you.
Speaker 2: And now you got that on your cheek.
Speaker 3: Hold on, you saw you saw west Side Story right now you' see west Side story.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 3: Come on, when it was time to get down, you had one weapon of choice and you're holding you hold in your left.
Speaker 1: Hand, you hold in your right hand. Yeah, somebody gonna get stuck. Oh yeah, they putting that buck fifty on you. They take one hundred fifty stitches to close it up on yo. Hey they hey, they let you have it, man, that's why. That's why, Oh Joe, I've always been a guy. I never went for bad. I stayed to myself because I already know. You never know, you never know what somebody somebody might have had, somebody not not might not even be their nature. Somebody just might've had a bad day that day. Yeah, just that just that day.
Speaker 4: Funny how that work.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just I just man, I, like I said, I'm glad he's okay. I'm glad he's okay. Hopefully, you know, everything gets gets resolved. It looks like they're not gonna file charges against the sixty nine year old gentleman. They said his self defense and you have you do have the right to defend yourself and stand your ground. But man, like I said, everybody don't play like y'all play y'all, y'all play these get pranks and everything. Y'all want to get captured on TikTok and y'all want to capture be videos and you're calling people all like hey, yeah, I'm talking to u B and I'm talking about all that.
Speaker 2: Man. People don't play.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm telling you, you catch the wrong person, catch the right person on the wrong day.
Speaker 2: Oh, ain't gonna help you. Just leave people alone.
Speaker 4: Man, you get me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I hope, like I said, he was stabbed in the chest so multiple times, right, what wounds so multiple?
Speaker 2: So glad he's okay. Looks like he's gonna pull through.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's with his family, his wife, kids, and everything's gonna gonna work out. Okay, But man, please man, y'all just lead people alone. But I'm glad to hear he's okay. Oh Joe got another story. The attorney for LSU wide receiver Kyron Lacey. You remember Kyra Lacy was the LSU receiver that allegedly was in an accident and it was reported that he was the cause of the accident and the police were going to charge him. But this is what the attorney for Lacy said. Has revealed information that caused into questions Lacey's involvement in the fatal car crash in December of last year. A video shared by Turning Matt Rory, which is from the security footage of the accident, shows that Lacey was about seventy three yards away from the collision at the time of impact. We know from the data that Lacey did, in fact pass four cars. There's no disputing that. Further north, Lacey passed four cards or he said. However, he was in back of the lane traveling ninety two like almost one hundred yards away behind mister Hall at the time of impact. He's seventy three yards behind vehicles at the time of impact. Keywords behind vehicles. This is not how the story was ever painted never. In the January, police charged Lacy with negligent homicide, fell in a hit and run and reckless operation of a vehicle. Lacy died by suicide in April of this year, one day before he was supposed up here in front of a grand jury. He was twenty four years of age.
Speaker 4: Joe, that's grazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, quiet, go ahead, that's crazy. Obviously everybody needs to be held accountable. Yes, everybody that is a part of that police department needs to be held accountable. The witness who was not bribed but was tempted to tell a story that wasn't true need.
Speaker 4: Jail time for sure.
Speaker 3: The officer who created a story to say that it was Kyrie Lacy's fault, he needs to be jail time.
Speaker 4: To Lacy's family, I hope they sue.
Speaker 3: Not only the city, but that police department can get everything, everything they deserve because their son is now gone.
Speaker 2: It is it's tough.
Speaker 4: Their son is.
Speaker 3: Now gone based on something completely false that was made up by those that are supposed to protect us.
Speaker 2: But see and the way it was portrayed, O Joe.
Speaker 1: It was portrayed that he passed the four cards and then caused the impact that cost the man his life. It's reported this being related through security cameras, like, yeah, he passed the way back there, but had no he was not a part of the accident.
Speaker 3: I have a question, Yes, I have another question when everything happened. When everything happened, their cameras everywhere, the cameras everywhere, so this situation wouldn't even got to the light of day. The lacy wouldn't have had any issues, and they would have known the officer was lying. They would have known the witness it was lying. Why didn't we use the camera footage ahead of time? Why it's just coming out now? All of this could have been prevented. Obviously, I'm not I don't understand this system. I don't understand how that stuff works and why the footage has it's just coming out just now.
Speaker 2: Just not coming out.
Speaker 4: I mean, those those that are watching, I don't know how that stuff works.
Speaker 2: It's a very sad story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's a horrible story. It's a horrible story.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: It's the guilt that this man had to fit possibly phase that like, man, they say I did this, they say I took someone's life, that I'm responsible. Oh, yoll remember he was uninvited to the draft because of it. Yes, because yes, but see that goes through o yo. You see how you see it? The role that media's plays, how they can write a story, how they can report the story.
Speaker 3: Oh well, listen, if I if I'm if I'm if I'm the Lacey family, Well I'm from the second line and get every dime. I'm from the second line and get every dime. And I'm saying that in a.
Speaker 4: Respectful way because I can't get my sun back. I can't get my sunk back. And y'all, y'all.
Speaker 3: Lied, you lied, And there was nothing anybody could tell him because everything I worked for, everything I work for has now going down to dream, which resulted in him taking his life.
Speaker 1: Man, damn, it's it's it's tough this young man. It's parents, grandparents, family, friends, loved ones gone far too soon, far too soon. Like you said, all this footage, I mean, everything's on video outside. Hell, you can't do anything. I mean, they got at every traffic light, they got a thing. They get your place going through and send you to send you the thing in the mail, send you the ticket in the mail. Oh, Joe down even now, don't you come and get you now on Yoe, they just send you the ticket in the mail.
Speaker 2: You know. I feel sorry for the young man. I feel sorry for his family.
Speaker 1: It's just so sad, so sad, twenty four years of age, twenty.
Speaker 4: Just coming out now. I don't, I don't, I don't understand. Why are they just coming out now?
Speaker 3: I mean, in that era we're in, in the techno, in the in the in the technology technological era that we're in, as advanced as we become, this could have been resolved and solved so long ago. If Karen knew, man, that's not what happened. Check the cameras.
Speaker 1: But they ain't trying to hear that, Oh Joe, you know, they believe everybody says I didn't do it with actuality, he didn't. And the thing is, oh yo, look I won't.
Speaker 2: I won't. All I want.
Speaker 1: Crime to be solved, Yeah, but don't put this on somebody that man.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know one thing. The Lazy family need to get justice. Yeah, before we need to get justice. I'm telling you you can't. You can't allow them to get away with something like this, A blatant lie like that, and that blatant lie not only ruined a childhood dream, but making that child take his life because it's something that he couldn't handle knowing I have nothing to do with this, and the media has painted a picture as if I'm this monster when I'm totally innocent.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: And all we needed to see was the footage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all we need to see was the footage, and we wait until my young brother's gone.
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah, because this was in April. This was in April.
Speaker 1: He uh, I mean, so you mean to tell me they just got that footage, all this footage probably been a half it in December, and you're right.
Speaker 2: Also, we're coming up. We're coming up on it. We're coming up on a year.
Speaker 1: Oh yo, come on, they got all that footage. It's hard for me to believe that. Ain't nobody looking at the camera. Ain't nobody. Ain't nobody looking at that footage until now.
Speaker 3: The funny thing about it is they probably had no choice but to release it. They had somebody covering there, you know what. Yeah, they could only happen for so long.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: They could only hide it for so long before somebody started sneaking and poking and finding the holes in the stories and saying, well.
Speaker 4: Hold on, now, hold on.
Speaker 2: I feel so bad for cameras.
Speaker 3: Everywhere, especially now satellight excuse me them satellites that all the way up there and see everything.
Speaker 4: Come on now, stop playing. They turned off the body camp. You know what I listen, I'm not I'm not a detective this same forty eight.
Speaker 3: So I'm not gonna act like I know what I'm talking about, just based on the facts that what I've.
Speaker 4: Saw witness so far, that family, they deserve justice.
Speaker 2: They do that that that's it they do. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there's a justice that you would get when a loved one is not coming back, the likelihood somebody serving time for that, maybe you can get you hopefully you can get a monetary settlement. I don't think anybody's gonna probably serve jail time with Yoe.
Speaker 2: They never do.
Speaker 3: Whoa whoa whoa of a blatant life. The officer, the officer and the witness that made up the story. Oh no, you got to serve something.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, Look you you want to stop this kind of behavior. See like when monetary settlements are done for like cities and counties, it need to come out of the police fund, not taxpayers.
Speaker 4: That's gonna hurt. That's gonna hurt, yep. And they're gonna have to make an example out of somebody.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: They don't have to make an example.
Speaker 3: Of somebody because not only is the city or the police department gonna have to pay that officer, the officer is gonna have to pay as well.
Speaker 1: He'll go down and what you call him, he'll he'll he'll go down the street and get another job at another district, another county. That's all they do. Kick the can down the road. Oh, I can't get no job in Las Vegas. I go down to Reno. Oh by bad, I go to Carson City. But Boston. Prayers go out to his family and friends and loved ones, all those that new Kir and Lacy. Hopefully, man, God give you strength, comfort and understanding, because I'm sure there's still.
Speaker 2: A grieving process.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 1: You don't get over something like this, You just get better at dealing with it. But now this opens it all up again, O Joe, because you know they're thinking, my baby gone, and it didn't.
Speaker 2: Have to be, I said.
Speaker 1: The major knee injuries suffered by Malik Neighbors has reignited discussions about the turf playing surface in MetLife Stadium. One executive from opposing team said this week that due to the field turf playing surface, his players are petrified of playing at met Life. The executive added, a player is nursing an injury, he might be less apt to play through it for a game at met Life. Nfl PA interim director David White was a Newark, New Jersey on Monday and raised the issue of met Life turf field and it's ongoing history of season ending lower extremities injuries. Oh joe, It's look, two things can be true. Uh, the surface still might be you know, hey, but I'm a firm believer.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: You know, guys don't practice like they used to. They don't get conditioned to play to go be in those car wrecks. O yoe, sir, I mean at some point in time, I mean you got to drive around the track, right o't y'all?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, most definitely, most definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just I mean, and and it doesn't you know, it's not gonna do uh elik neighbors any good.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna do him any good right now? Oh yo?
Speaker 1: Because here out for the year, he said, y'all, I can't even get back. Man, y'all saw what I did. I was looking to tear it up my sophomore year. I know more now. I'm better than I was my rookie. I don't really know what to expect now. I know what to expect. I know how to meet. I know how to practice, I know how to steady feel or I know how to prepare.
Speaker 2: I got a routine now.
Speaker 1: Ah, man, I'm about to get man, I'm about to be stupid on y'all.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't I don't know what they answer is. I just know I'm you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's hard for me to believe that you can drive a car fifty miles, you know, twenty five miles an hour and then ask it to say, you know what, I want you to go out there and I want you to go one hundred for the next two and a half hours.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 1: You gotta put it through the test, don't Joe. The only way, the only way you gotta put your body through the test. I ain't saying they drive it take you to the ground on plays, But oh Joe, we went full speed.
Speaker 2: We thuded.
Speaker 1: We know those collisions were gonna be like, they're gonna be a little fast. They're gonna be a little bit.
Speaker 2: More impactful because they take you all the way.
Speaker 1: To the ground. You know, a shot over the middle, you probably gonna aid. They're gonna probably look.
Speaker 2: To clean your clock. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they're gonna what they got going on, But hopefully they get this thing figured.
Speaker 2: Out, because guys, guys are like that.
Speaker 1: You know that executive said they ain't gonna gonna play if I got an injury. No, I'm good, I'm gonna hold it. I'm right, I'm good. I catch y'all next week. I catch y'all guys next week. Oh y'all, We're back with our newest segment, Play or Fade, presented by Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: This is how it works.
Speaker 1: Nightcap staff has made the lineup of their picks, and either you play the lineup that they selected or you make changes, choosing more or less. Here's the lineup ahead of tomorrow slate. Daniel Jones has more than two hundred and thirty point five passing yards against the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 4: You see you see this stumb up?
Speaker 1: Okay okay, oh yo, say oh yo, say go h more more, more more. Jake Ferguson more than forty five point five receiving yards against the Jets. Well, considering that Darren Waller, how about the yards that Darren Waller had last week? Dak really likes storing the ball to. Jake Ferguson had two touchdown. Probably don't have like twelve yards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he didn't have many year he was on the gold line.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go low, I'm gonna go under, I'm gonna go I'm gonna go less, dand I'm gonna go less Dad.
Speaker 2: And meccabuka more than sixty one?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah? Oh, what's the what the spoon is out? Isn't it in spoon out?
Speaker 3: Even if he wasn't out, the Mega Buker is his number one target. Mike Emmons is not playing.
Speaker 2: I'm going more.
Speaker 1: I'm going more than sixty one yards sixty one point five, so he's gonna have at least sixty two.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: James Cook more than sixty seventy six point five yards rushing.
Speaker 2: James Cook has been running out. He he he got like eight touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Damn I ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how many touchdown James Cook got? He got like six or seven touchdowns on Joe.
Speaker 3: And that that boy be told Andy catching that thing at the backfield and getting Jimmy too.
Speaker 1: He got four hundred and one yards, so he's averaging one hundred yards a game.
Speaker 4: He who Buffalo?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What did the Patriots give up rush yards? Because bray Will prided himself on being able to.
Speaker 2: Start to run.
Speaker 3: Oh alex Perro winter night, he beat He beat Uncle Eia first round, first round, knocked him out. Damn, I'm assuming so, I just I just see it in the chair.
Speaker 1: We had it because it's oh, Joe, you know you got for light light heavyweight, you got to weigh two oh five or less. Right, Perera weighed in at two oh four. He weighed in this morning two thirty.
Speaker 4: Two eight, so he gained all his weight back.
Speaker 1: I'm going under. Why I'm going under for James Cook. They only give up seventy seven yards a game.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, Oh the Patriots the defense? Yeah, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Download the app today.
Speaker 1: Use coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. It's good to be right, oh Yoe. Austin Reeve says his grandma threatened to confront JJ Reddick. My grandma was so mad at him one day. She was like, if he yells at you like that one more time, man. I was like me, Mom, it's okay, your daughter has yelled at me way worse. She said, Oh, they ain't got nothing to do. They ain't got nothing to do with that. If he yelled at you one more time, yeahy man, new grandma. Man, My, hey man, my grandma's like, you know what out yoe?
Speaker 2: I told her.
Speaker 1: I told my grandma one time I came home and I said, granted, the coach pulled my ground, my face, man, you know what you talking about?
Speaker 2: What you do?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they're gonna ask that first. That's that's my grandma too. They're gonna ask. You had to do something for them to get that kind of reaction. What did you do first?
Speaker 2: All threeas today? Don't worry about it me mom, everything okay. Uh.
Speaker 1: But that was back in the day. Oh your them coaches kick you in the butt, grab your face mask. It was crazy, picky picky. Officially, you play pop water you small, they pick you up now behind over there.
Speaker 3: That back then, it was the definition of it takes a village. In that village, Yeah, they're gonna they're gonna handle their business, and then your parents get home, they gonna handle it again. Whatever you did wrong, you're gonna get double whammy.
Speaker 2: Because everybody knew everybody. And it wasn't no, don't.
Speaker 4: Put your hands on my side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a situation, ain't you ain't you Mary and Barney Brand boy?
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am. Okay, yeah, don't be, don't be. Don't ay you talking. They know you talk like that, No, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't make me tell them, yes, ma'am, because everything hey, if it's a person, with all of you, everything was yes, ma'am.
Speaker 2: No, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, no, sir understood. And you had the utmost respect for those people. It wasn't no, you don't tell me what to do. You not my mama, You not my daddy, please me.
Speaker 2: Then it was it was such a level of respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for elder people, for older elderly people back then, I mean, they didn't have to be seventy. I mean because back then you you think they were like seventy, but they were only in their forties. They was only their forty th Joe, because you know, I'm six seven, eight years old, because so you know, maybe in the fifties, but you had a level of respect like some of the way these kids talk to their parents, talk to their grandparents.
Speaker 2: Man, I could never, I could never.
Speaker 4: It was it was never, It was never none of this.
Speaker 3: It was never none of that sucking your teeth, what I cut your eyes?
Speaker 4: You're not roll your eyes? And everything is yes, sir, no sir, yes, ma'am, no, ma'am.
Speaker 2: Anybody, oh, Joe, you know a and stomping your feet. You know they.
Speaker 4: Walk walking away like you?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: What about slamming the door?
Speaker 4: What about slamming your door?
Speaker 2: Slammed the door?
Speaker 4: Who house?
Speaker 2: What? Man?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 1: Because you you messed right first of all, you slam a door, it might come off the hinges.
Speaker 2: Who gonna pay for that? Man? Please?
Speaker 1: Boy, Bodie Mary wasn't playing that. They wouldnt playing a not. He wouldn't even think about it. I ain't even never think about slamming no door in the house.
Speaker 4: I slammed my door by accident one time.
Speaker 3: One time, man, my granddaddy went and got that god damn screwdriver and took the door off.
Speaker 4: The hinges I ain't man.
Speaker 1: Okay, boy boy, you're talking about a whipping man, oh't you? I read I was running away to get from getting the whipping and I meant to push the door, but I hit the screen and I pushed the screen out.
Speaker 2: I knew it.
Speaker 4: You fell right through. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I just so you know, like the screen door, you know, have you have to screen and then you have the frame around it. I pushed the screen out, so now there's a big old gap in there.
Speaker 4: Oh so just the frame stayed there.
Speaker 3: And you had in the hallway at my grandma house back in the days, we had the plastic.
Speaker 1: Oh, it wasn't no hallway, bro, We had a five square foot it wasn't no hallway.
Speaker 3: So you ain't had to beat You ain't had the bees that hang through the hall you know, the beads, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But I've been to people house where you had the bees and like go into somebody's bedroom or go down the hallway.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My grandma had them beds and had that plastic on the couch. When you sit on the plastic, if you mess around and fall to sleep and you wake up and you be stuck to the.
Speaker 1: Couch, yep, that plastic. No oh, I could be in the living room and talk to everybody in the house. Yeah, yeah, it was. But you know what, Joe, as I look back on it, I wouldn't change it if I go back and do it.
Speaker 2: It gave you, It shaped you.
Speaker 1: It made you appreciate ish because I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if kids really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: If they take a lot of times people feel entitled, and you appreciate it because you know, a they ain't have no money like that, so you got something.
Speaker 4: Hold on to it.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. They didn't have money like that, but they always found a way on they.
Speaker 2: Found a way. I don't know what. I don't know, Haple m gilt. Now.
Speaker 1: Look, I know my mom, she worked and she got us whatever we could. You know, I would first have a used to have football games, handheld football games. I got dad, I had a walk you know we had you know, I had Aaron Jordan's.
Speaker 2: My mom worked at Nobisco later became R j R. And Nobisco man. Talking about cookies, Big Newton's, chips a.
Speaker 1: Hoy Oreos, Ritz crackers, many. I don't I don't even meet chips a hord no more. I don't even meet riz crackers. No more pig news. I had so much of them growing up.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you somethbout the brisk crackers. You sit there and try to eat one. Before you know it, you done went through the whole and the sleeve.
Speaker 4: And you go through the whole. Sleeps so good.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. Uh man, big newtons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, phig news was good.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I ain't had no phig news. It's a long time with you. I ain't had no chips a hor you know chip they still, yeah, I think, Well they got different oreos, yep, I the lemon oreos.
Speaker 2: I ain't have the regular ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like when my sister comes. When my sister come on yo.
Speaker 1: Everything because she like, she like dealing me and she like bread, and she like oreoles and chill. My sister take all that stuff back to her to Georgia. My sister said, you ain't gonna do nothing to throw it out. I'm gonna take my food back with me. We go to maskros Or, we go to a restaurant. My sister taking that food back. Oh place, going back to Georgia. That ain't going it's going back to the house. But it's going back to Georgia. She's gonna come in, put it in the freezer. She's gonna wrap it up and plastic, and she gonna take that right back to a carry on, right back to back, back to Glenville.
Speaker 2: I can't read and everything.
Speaker 4: I can't ask them.
Speaker 2: Can they give you some more bread?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I can't eat left those, man, Man, my sister, you don't feel the same.
Speaker 1: My sister. Take it as a man. I had a cookout on Yo and I bought some shrimp. You know, my sister was leaving shrimp for like ten twelve years.
Speaker 2: Come, I ain't nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 1: I said, yeah, better you than me, somebody I ain't eat nothing twelve years old too.
Speaker 2: Now I'm good.
Speaker 1: All right on, child, We're gonna get us out of here on this when it's time five final saving the evening, it's time for Q and eight.
Speaker 4: But it's day tomorrow, four o'clock.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Bangers, let's go, let's go, let's go Lions.
Speaker 4: Hey, I was all I was with all the Lions fans that they are.
Speaker 3: Listen them Lions fans. Many they treated me with such respect. Obviously they all watched the show. They all told me to tell you. Hello, Hey, that's about they all drove four hour drive.
Speaker 2: I was about Fellas now, yes, not define, Yes, I'm.
Speaker 4: About our age group.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they twelve thirteen, fourteen d at the cigar bar.
Speaker 4: Man, I mean talk, I'm talking. I'm in there talking cold trash. Huh Hey, I'm cold trash. You know you know I am. I'm fin the letter rip.
Speaker 3: No matter what the outcome is, it was a mutual respect before man ay them boys, they showed love.
Speaker 2: Man, that's all right.
Speaker 1: Enjoyed the s you know what, Joy, I'm gonna come down to the Miami. We're gonna go out. I ain't been I ain't bet out. I'm gonna go out. Man, You're gonna go out on Yo.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about. So wait a minute, Wait a minute. Now that you say you're coming down to Miami. So the NBA Young Bood Concert on the thirteen, that'd be the perfect time you.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately I got something, we got something playing on the thirteenth.
Speaker 4: I guess listen. I was looking forward again your fifty nine hundred that night.
Speaker 2: Oh you're gonna be fitted out hundred.
Speaker 4: I will be right there in cash.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you might want to think about coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you are might I might might think about that. Think about that. Jay just said FSU wasn't supposed to score. This was a terrible win. No it wasn't. Kristen Field said, Johnny put A and M on the map. Man, please, they still undiscovered territory. Texas and Missouri have at least played in the SEC Championship. Which one of those teams? What got a Heisman Trophy winner. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: They know.
Speaker 1: Johnny Manziel, who you know from playing the Missouri The field is called the House that Johnny built? Did you realize they expanded that stadium. It's one of the largest stadiums in the country. I think it might be the largest outside of Tennessee in the whole SEC.
Speaker 2: Johnny did that?
Speaker 1: What playing for Missouri or Texas has done that for their university?
Speaker 4: Would they said? One hundred thousand plus?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think yeah, I think it's one hundred and two in it.
Speaker 4: God damn, I went. I went up with that environment like man on a Saturday.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, one hundred two seven thirty three. I think Tennessee's over one hundred thousand and two, Texas over one hundred.
Speaker 2: But I mean, but that's the South. Ain't nothing to do, George.
Speaker 1: I mean Alabama got like eighty, Georgia got like eighty, Tennessee got Tennessee's over one hundred. Only Vanderbilt got like fifty thousand.
Speaker 3: And that's crazy that they stadium as being in the NFL stadium.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see they played for a they played football in that area of the country.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Dad Spell said, media was talking about arch Manning being the first overall pick and he's been garbage. I knew something was up when he couldn't beat out Careing Quen Youwards, true, that should have been a for That should have been a telltale. And plus you got expectations, Oh Joe, I mean Texas the number one team in the country.
Speaker 2: He has that last name. He wouldn't have.
Speaker 1: These kinds of expectations if his last name wasn't Manning, If Peyton and Eli's not his uncles, his grandfather is an Archie, come on.
Speaker 3: Paul Finebaum said arch Manning was the greatest quarterback he's ever seen outside of tv O.
Speaker 1: I can't even believe Paul would say that he better than Cam Newton and stuff like that, which is yeah, the hyperbole. It's okay say he's good for a young man, but he wasn't better than Cam. He wasn't better than He wasn't better than Joe Burrow his last year. Come on, man, stop, that's it's okay. Listen right now. You can't say that Archie Manning is better than Stepsan Bennett.
Speaker 2: Cam.
Speaker 1: It's hard to say. Based on what Cam had to work with. Offensively, Cam might be the greatest quarterback ever played. You look at what he had to work with and what he did with that team where they said one man show.
Speaker 2: He was Prince.
Speaker 1: He played the guitar, he played the drums, he played the piano, he did he's singing, he dancing, He's doing all of that. Cam Newton to Auburn is what Prince was. He did it all. And there'd been some fabulous quarterbacks in the SEC. I grew up in Georgia, and so to say somebody better than Cam Newton based on what he.
Speaker 2: Had mm hmm mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Uh. Tim's bed said, I had two Cincinnati Bengals. I had two Cincinnati tickets Bengals tickets in my car. While I was at work. Somebody broke the window and left two more tickets.
Speaker 2: Damn O Joe.
Speaker 3: Hey, y'all got jokes, y'all got now? Listen now, listen, man, listen tomorrow tomorrow. I don't know what's gonna happen. I do we many of times where teams have been favored to win, and when it comes in the NFL, it's any given Sunday.
Speaker 4: Now, I know how great Detroit is. I love Detroit.
Speaker 3: I love the fans, especially Afterday's interaction with them, with them boys, and I seen y'all with the cardiage too. All them boys had Cartiage too. So but I got to have faith in my team. I got believe in my team. I got to believe in Zach Taylor. I got to believe in my offense. I got to believe. I got Ochoe, but to believe in Jack browning Jake Brown.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, ye see you got it right, yep, because you've been jacking off these games.
Speaker 2: Any about to get another way?
Speaker 1: All at three y'all started two and oh about to be two and three.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be all right, I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Tyron said, if you're an FSU fan, you shouldn't be able to say foot or ball all about the you Lonnie Johnson said the you it's bad. Jay said, yore unk. Remember what you said. If a team schedule you for homecoming, it means that the team see you as some slow Well, my sc bulldog put something on your you Tigers today at our homecoming, you may need to go be the offensive court that they needed you hold on the.
Speaker 2: First week told me the home come come.
Speaker 4: On man already?
Speaker 2: Yeah that ay? I remember. I remember uh.
Speaker 1: The first time I noticed that we played who we played for homecoming? We played uh.
Speaker 2: Valdosta State my freshman year. Man.
Speaker 1: They beat the breaks off of us. I said, no, I said, I tell you what I said. I'm going to put a stop to this. Put us on homecoming if you want to. I got something for y'all. Lass Hey, I had something for him after that.
Speaker 2: I bet you that.
Speaker 1: I bet you we wasn't nobody else home coming. I bet you that, especially about you. Oh for valid made that mistake. They put us as homecoming. My that was my senior year. They did it my my senior year.
Speaker 3: If HBCU homecomings just started, I wonder if I could make it down the family homecoming boy done like homecoming.
Speaker 1: I think every I think every per every college student should have to go experience at HBCU homecoming.
Speaker 2: Go in the.
Speaker 1: Student center and feel the buzz. It starts that money. And feel the buzz as you walk into the student center, as you walk in the park, as you walk the halls.
Speaker 2: You've got to feel that.
Speaker 4: Ain't nothing like it, ain't nothing like.
Speaker 2: Hey, and this is nothing against no p W.
Speaker 1: I ain't nothing like an HB Ain't nothing like an HBC You on coming, not the same?
Speaker 2: Nothing nothing nothing. Hey, my brothers coming down there.
Speaker 1: My brother used to come down and say, man, hey, y'all be having a good time.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Hey.
Speaker 3: When I had the opportunity to experience my daughter crossing over as an AK and they probate, that's one thing. Yeah, back for Privy Adium home coming on and everybody, Hey, that purple and goal all alumni.
Speaker 4: Hey, I like you know what I got the experiences at FAM.
Speaker 3: I got to go and every nothing like it every year when family.
Speaker 4: Home coming come around. I'm working.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm just saying. I'm happy to be somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, Oh Joe.
Speaker 4: Hoping this ship I could go.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, a series of unfortunate events prevents me from being a homecoming.
Speaker 2: So you have a good time.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're not going nah, you know, I just you know, okay, okay, chilling, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Jason saying I got a serious question, don't Joe, what thinks more your Bengals or all you know.
Speaker 2: Or all that you know eat all the time?
Speaker 3: Hey, let me tell you something like everybody taking shots at us right now, rightfully, so you know, it says more about you that you would you would kick a team while the team is down, knowing that the best quarterback of the game is out with a toe injury, who just had surgery and won't be back until December.
Speaker 1: Won't be back this year because while you're bringing it back, y'all gonna be out of the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Why bring it back?
Speaker 4: Who's gonna be out of the playoffs, y'all? But we might still win the division? Man, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Hey, in four more weeks, it'll be a y'all season over, yurky.
Speaker 3: Look, it started to start tomorrow. It started tomorrow for us. Our season start tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Y'all season ended when Joe Burrow When that when when Joe Burrow put his arms over those guys.
Speaker 2: Shoulders y'all season ended right then?
Speaker 1: Hey zel Door said that, hey, oh Joe, your Bengals not even the best team in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: The Bearcats are better and.
Speaker 4: Is okay all right? Listen Simon down.
Speaker 1: King lose baby saying, oh Joe, me and my brother are having a debate who was better overall quarterback Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota.
Speaker 4: Ooh James James. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Kevin Hayward is a quarterback for Western Carolina Taren dickens. He was forty six or forty six passing off point It finished fifty three of fifty six, three hundred and seventy eight yards and three touchdowns.
Speaker 2: What Dadley was throwing?
Speaker 1: Check down the jab break screens? How the hell you going forty six or forty six?
Speaker 2: That? I say one game or over the stretch of games?
Speaker 3: That was one game. I wonder who they was playing. I saw when it went across the ticup.
Speaker 2: Hell, I must have been lying backer. You must have been a corner.
Speaker 4: Wait, bright figure, I would have picked something off. Now that's what I do.
Speaker 1: Jason said, have you ever watched the movie Glory Road? If so, did you enjoy it? If you have it, you need to watch it. I have not.
Speaker 4: I haven't either.
Speaker 1: Peggy Hagger said he's up. They lost six or seven key players. This group is harder to coach. Pray for Coach. He announced he may have more blood clots to you mean people in the chat. Coach Prime said, don't argue with you guys. Damn, I didn't know that. I did notice he had on he had a white shoe on his left foot and a black shoe on his right foot.
Speaker 2: I did notice that because at first I thought he was out there.
Speaker 1: I say, I no, damn well timing out there with a sock on one foot and it just regular show on the other foot. But as I took a closer look, but time, you know, we praying for your bro. We hope everything. It's been a tough stretch over the last three or four years for your bro. You had the blood clots, ended up losing a couple of toes, and then you just had your bladder replaced the cancer and so Bro, you know, I know you, I know you a man of faith and I know you believe. But uh, the Nightcap family, we're definitely praying for you and hopefully everything works out. You go to the doctor and everything checks out. But man, we're praying for your time. Kevin Norwood. You you said, hey, oh Jo, your bingers are going to have to get a quarterback if y'all want to wear because Browning is not the answer.
Speaker 2: He not, you know, never was.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what. Listen.
Speaker 3: As much as Zach Taylor says in the media of this this past Wednesday, how much he believes in Browning, I think if if for some god forsaken reason we happen to lose and lose to the Lions.
Speaker 4: I think you will.
Speaker 3: I think they will go out and get quarterback this week to somewhat salvage the season, to see what we can do.
Speaker 4: I really, I really think they're going to make that move.
Speaker 1: That's just like trying to salvage the nineteen seventy two pinto it's over.
Speaker 4: We're too and two it's over, we're too and two it's over.
Speaker 1: Let's we're too all right, PJ DJ P E leven say, do you think teams are overdoing it with going forward on fourth down, especially when there's an opportunity to get points. Well, that's when you don't have trust in your defense and you don't believe, Phil, kicking field goals will win you the game. So you have to understand your team, you have to understand situations, and you have to understand the pulse of how the game is being played at that particular time. So I'm sure they go in with the course of the week. Okay, if we're close, if it's fourth, and if it's fourth through one, if it's fourth and two and with this area of the field, we're going for it because kicking field goals is not gonna win us games against that team, and we don't have the type of defense that will be able to hold up. So no, Philthy, Makenasty, yore, Unk, and Oho thanks for their advice on fear being nerves. I want to go in my local jiu jitsu tournament. Question, where do you get your hero villain shirt? Also, if we auction ocho theward that will cover.
Speaker 2: The debt, you know what?
Speaker 1: You're right? I don't know. My assistant be finding these probably these are superheroes. I'm running out now. I mean I brought like fifty of them, so I mean I need some I need Hey, they need to create some more heroes, some more super heroes. John Doe, say, uncle ojo. Can y'all wish my brother Seandale a happy thirtieth birthday.
Speaker 2: Love the show, We.
Speaker 1: Absolutely can, John Chanelle Schandelle, Happy thirtieth birthday.
Speaker 4: Three.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Hey, the twenties behind you now the big three? Oh bro, enjoy life is just beginning. You enter your prime now, Bro, Happy birthday, Happy thirtieth birthday.
Speaker 2: And man, I remember I turned.
Speaker 4: Thirty, Oh Joe, Yeah, see I'm still thirty.
Speaker 2: Hey, like Drake, say, what a time to be alive.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, let me tell you something. You're gonna be saying that when we had that concert.
Speaker 1: Nah, o jo o jo. I'm gonna probat oho twenty six. My probation officer say, mister Sharp, with good behavior, With good behavior, you start a clean slate in twenty six. I'm gonna be on my best behavior.
Speaker 3: See you, Now, you're not really understanding why I'm trying to get you to go. I'm trying to get us, you and I as one, to go back to our roots.
Speaker 4: See that that that.
Speaker 2: Ain't never been my roots.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: We was young, young and having fun and just enjoying life and enjoying ourselves and just I think getting back in touch with our roots will help us long term and seeing where we need to go.
Speaker 4: To the other side.
Speaker 1: So uh unfortunate after let you do it by yourself, Tara Wallas said, please help me. Wish my son Ether that happy night birthday. Also wish his team, the Dolphins, good luck on this big day. Ethan, happy night birthday and good luck in the in the game makes you celebrate? Yeah, okay, nine, Man, I remember when I was nine too. That wasn't yesterday or the day before. Man, I got my fact of the mad Damn well, y'all won't let me live man Jordan, Man, Damn, I can't namp, I can't remember nothing. I can't have me a good time. Bet I remember that you said, sap man, I got some haters amongst us. Let me hear wrap hisself. I gotta get y'all look out of here. Dwa Hine says, who they? Who they? Who they think they're gonna beat them?
Speaker 2: Lines?
Speaker 1: Bingos, Hey, that ain't happening to oo, that ain't happening. That concluded this episode of Nightcap. Gonna thank each and every one of you for joining us. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite NK shining shark. There is my partner and co hosts shadow Boxing in the Screen, Liberty City's own Bengal Ring of Fame, Arterie Madden radios adjuster, former pro bowler, All Pro that's Chad Ocho Sinko John. I want to thank our special guests Johnny Manziel joining us each and every week during the college football season breaking helping us break it down.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you're hitting that subscribe button.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We would like to personally thank each and every one of you for your eyes, ears, and your word of mouth for helping Nightcap grow to where we've grown. Thanks to you, we've been a global hit and we hope to continue that. So thank you for your support and you'll continue support. Make sure you check out Shade by Lapoorgier now. If you can't find it in a city or state near you, order it online. We'll ship it directly to your door. Best tasting premium vessupee kgnac on the market. Don't take my word, try for yourself. I promise you you will not be disappointed. Smooth, no artificial colors. Nothing or sugar's added, just good old premium, any blanc, great and petite champagne. Please drink responsibily and stay safe. Make sure you check out my media company, Shape Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat. Again, We've been nominated oh Shoe for two wards Singamore under the genre Best Sports Podcast and under the video Best Video Podcast. Co host Team and Club shaysh also has been nominated for two as well, under the genre Athletes, Shape and Culture, and under video Best Video Podcast. Again, thank you Johnny for joining us tonight as our college contributor. Make sure you go check out Johnny's podcast and on the YouTube channel Glory Days with Johnny Manziel. I'm unk, We'll see you tomorrow after Sunday Nights Football. I'm unk, He's oho.
Speaker 2: Let's go back over hood on lall