Speaker 1: It was tracking. Man, it's show him but a little Rob. Make sure you come check me out on Bootleg keV podcast or I let you there.
Speaker 2: Man, all right, yo man, Bootleg CAV Podcast, Bootleg keV Show Special guests here a legend, Low Rob is here.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, big dog, Thank you man. N it's chilling. What's going on, man, Just working on some new music. Man got new album coming out November third Man at the Window, So it just started to come out here and hang out with you man and talk about it. Man.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's crazy because, like you we were just talking a little bit, you guys, Like you know, I talked to Bash a lot, and He's like, I'm busier now than I've been my whole career. Like you guys. I feel like every weekend I see you guys doing like three or four shows together.
Speaker 1: And I feel that too, man, even me, I'm more busy this time than I ever was before too. And it's just different this time, and I appreciate it more so, like going out there and making the people happy and everything. So it's been a really good giant man. So yeah, me, Bash and Magic been doing these shows for the past like four years, and uh, and just rocking them. Man, you know what I mean, what.
Speaker 2: Do you what do you attribute to that? Do you think it's like people? Because I think like music has kind of been a weird place where, like, you know, we don't have a perfect example, Like a lot of tours this past summer got canceled, but the ones that didn't get canceled were like fifty Cents Tour and with Khalifa and Snoops Tour. I feel like, for whatever reason, like if you're coming from a certain era, like the fans, I kind of missed that ship. Because the current music is it's a little it's a little microwaveable if you will.
Speaker 1: I mean, I like a little bit of everything. Man. But I know who would have thought that back in the days we would write that kind of music that would last, you know, as long as it has man, and hopefully it lasts forever, you know what I mean. But to be a part of that is really really dope. And and the fact that me and Fingers wrote a song called Summer Nice to kind of blew the hell up and and uh, yeah, that's what I've been surviving off for a long time. Dog has been good.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Yeah, yo, when you wrote the line right next to the Pacific to be specific, one of the hardest lines ever. Yeah, it's a quick to SENI a little rob like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I've heard people make fun of it sometimes, man, like, oh you put those rhymes together out each all the time. But hey, man, you know I ue to live right there by the by the Spacific to be specific. So that's why, man, everything was written and not not kitchen right there in my town, sof on the beach.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say you kind of like when I think of San Diego, I mean, obviously recently there's been some dope dudes out of San Diego, but I think of you. I think Jail felt me. I kind of think you guys are kind of like the yeah, the San Diego guys for you, Like you've been carrying that San Diego flag for so long, Like why do you think like San Diego still hasn't really popped yet in terms of like mainstream hip hop.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't really I don't really pay attention to like what's really going on or why why you don't hit? I mean, I guess if you just have a hit record, then it's just gonna It's just gonna happen, you know what I mean, Like even me, like Summer Nights, I couldn't even stop it. I didn't try to write a hit record, but it just kind of happened that way. And I think that, you know, whatever the people are digging at the time, I guess you know a lot of luck. I guess too, you know everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of luck involved.
Speaker 1: With right place, right people and all that. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, I was gonna ask you for you like seeing kind of when you guys first came out, I feel like there was like the low Rider circuit obviously radio supported you guys, there was kind of like this like very small collective of like Latin art or Mexican artists doing hip hop. Now I feel like it's gotten so big to where, like, you know, I never ever thought that I would like see like a guy like Paesel Pluma doing like the VMA's right, or a guy like are you a hip to that Mexican ot super dope?
Speaker 1: Like like I feel like too many of the jams or nothing like that. But when I have come across from here way dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just feels like the the like Mexican space and hip hop. And obviously I don't want to call paycal Plum hip hop because you're not. But the Mexican space and hip hop has grown to be like so so big, Like there's so many like independent artists, artists getting signed the major labels like and you guys are kind of like the forefathers of a lot of that ship, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure people were rapping everywhere, you know what I mean, like in San Diego, in LA and you know.
Speaker 2: I just be like in terms of like there being like a real like recognition of like guys.
Speaker 1: Are able to see it with the social media and everything, you know, because back when I came up, it was uh, you know proper those Yeah, you know what I mean. There was an empower hip brown as the tribe uh Spanish fly from the Harbor area that I would bomb.
Speaker 2: And then there was like shows like Pocos Pedals locals who would like you know a little bit later, yeah right, you would have to like listen like Sunday Nights in Phoenix and be able to kind of discover all these artists. But I just feel like now it's like it's like so big, like you know what I'm saying, Like in terms of just it feels like there's a real movement like for you, do you like, are you somebody who's gotten to the point in your career where you're looking to like sign any artists. Are you just kind of working on your own ship traveling.
Speaker 1: Kind of know who I was when I signed with the label, you know, and what kind of a headache I was to them, you know, but not showing up the shows and doing you know, they would set up shows and everything and I would have to, you know, go, but sometimes I wouldn't even show up for just one go or call them that same morning and say I'm not gonna make it after there's been promotion going on for that show and everything, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Too much partying, uh nah, just not.
Speaker 1: Really wanting to get get on the road. Man. It wasn't really like a thing to me, you know what I mean? Right, A lot of bullshit have to pad too and stuff like that, you know what I mean. So I just wouldn't end up going and really enjoying everything. Man. So but nowadays it's very different.
Speaker 2: Is that why you said you appreciate it more this time.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it a lot more now, you know what I mean. And it's not for the money, it's not for the likes, it's not for anything like that. Like this new album. Man, it's coming back for the fuck over, you know what I mean. Because I've been doing shows for a long time with Magic and Bash and we've been selling the mouth man so that they're to check us out, man, and they be asking me when it's a new music coming, and I never have an answer for him.
Speaker 2: So but now, no, I do not any features on the new album.
Speaker 1: No, I just saw me.
Speaker 2: Man, that's dope. I'm working with Fingers again.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, yeah you haven't songs with Fingers. We have one jam on there might not make it. Man, it's fun partly my favorite one on the jam, but on the thing, but trying to clear the sample man and getting back at us. So we've got to clear that sample. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so your favorite song on the album might not make it because of sample.
Speaker 1: One of my favorites. It is really like you know, like repping and you know what, you.
Speaker 2: Know, what can you tell tell us what sample it is?
Speaker 1: You know what, man, I can't even think off hand with it. It's hard to fight and oldie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh they're hitting you for sure, they get in your pocket.
Speaker 1: It's hard to find one. I am getting back at us.
Speaker 2: I said, oh, they're not even getting back at you.
Speaker 1: Now. We're waiting. We're waiting for I.
Speaker 2: Said, you just let a flo you know what I mean. Sometimes you got to just let the sample fly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see what happened.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a guy named There's a dude I know named Static Selector who's a big hip hop producer and he puts out albums and I always ask him because he's independent and all his beats are sampled. Oh yeah yeah, And I'm like, dude, you must have a hard time and he's like, no, well that's like that's like me too.
Speaker 1: With everyone's saying their favorite album is Crazy Life and we were sampling everything and get my hands with break beats and.
Speaker 2: Right now, that's why he's like, dude, we just drop it and like if we hear about it, it means music's doing well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you clear it later. Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, talk about for you, man? How dope. Has it kind of been to like when? Because I feel like when you and I got into radio in two thousand and five, and I think the first time I might have saw you live is maybe like six or seven. But I was like working at a radio station in Phoenix when Neighborhood Music like popped off, Like that ship was like a real wave. It was like that you had the song Neighborhood Music. Yeah, yeah, you had to bring out the freaking you. Trying to think of all your radio singles that we played, those are the ones that come to my mind better getting by the God on the radio, barely getting by It was dope for sure, for sure, And then obviously summer nights and summer nights. But at that same time Magic had Sexy Lady, and obviously and be Righters had what they were doing. Is it dope to kind of be able to like like be side by side with a guy like Magic and be like, look how far we've come? Like you know what I'm saying, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we go way back too. Man, We've been in San Diego because I believe he wanted to sign me at one point or something like that. He wanted to sign you yeah, I think so. Yeah, yeah, I think so, and didn't work together and stuff, and I ended up working with the same label and we ended up Upstairs Things out yea Upstairs Records, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean Upstairs Records had everybody.
Speaker 1: So then we uh, you know, I would go out to uh. I went to Phoenix to work with with the Magic and we did California and City everyone knows. So yeah, we worked together from the get go.
Speaker 2: And then obviously even like a guy like Baby Bash who's kind of turned into everyone's favorite, like high uncle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I was just saying, man, I was on the way here, I was running a little bit late, and I was dressing out a little bit, so I started puffing on the joint that the Bash's team gave me, so that cherry waves. So yeah, shout out to Weed.
Speaker 2: You gotta you just gotta make sure, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I don't smoke like that.
Speaker 2: You got a few, You got a few hours to yourself.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 2: So you're high right now.
Speaker 1: That's a little a little bit good. A couple of buffs and that's it.
Speaker 2: What's your biggest market these days? Like what do you know is like that one market like no matter what they're showing out for you.
Speaker 1: Well, I say, I would say Los Angelest man. And it's so big too where you got you could do a show over here and over here and over there, and yeah, you like still rock.
Speaker 2: There's so many little areas in l A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure market for me, man. So even not with you know, hooking up with the Steve on for this video and everything almost like shone love to to La too, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, of course he's a legend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure, man. And uh you know talking about getting stuck like like like it's a Friday, you know, in traffic in l A. You know what I mean? And you don't want to get stuck in life.
Speaker 2: He directed did a new video.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he directed the new video. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you watch his Netflix documentary that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Him a cartoon that was sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah that cartoon? Did these for me? Man?
Speaker 2: Twelve did the twelve eighteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's how much was that? What did he did? He hit you like peak, mister cartoon prices for those?
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't remember, math. I think we were just chilling and listening to some oldies and having a couple of beers.
Speaker 2: I feel like back then mister cartoon could have charged anything for attaching rappers would have been like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think I think it hooked me up pretty nicely. Man. It was dope. Thank you for shout out to cartoon.
Speaker 2: Shout to mister cartoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, been a minute, Been a minute for sure. Step. I shot the cover for Neighborhood Music.
Speaker 2: Damn, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I shot that. So that's back in two thousand and four. Man. Wow, so we go way back to, you know.
Speaker 2: Way back. Are you aware that like people kind of look at you as like kind of like the the j Z of Chicano rap. Do you like understand that like that's because whenever we think about Chikino rap, like you were the god of it.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, no, I mean I hear it, man, But you know, just always just like going to the studio and doing my thing. Man. So that part doesn't really doesn't really.
Speaker 2: The noise and all the like extra shit doesn't really come across your radar.
Speaker 1: Not really, man. I mean it does, it comes across my radar, but I don't really like it's kind of like deflected kind of like a little bit because it doesn't make it doesn't do me. Oh no, I've got no opinion on it. You know. Yeah, that's a trip though, But I don't look at myself like that, and I just kind of like and I think maybe that's why the people dig what I'm doing. I don't know, this kind of.
Speaker 2: Works, right, I always wonder coming from San Diego, there's kind of like a weird like rivalry between San Diego and La.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: But and same thing with Phoenix, Like Phoenix in LA has this big rivalry, especially when it comes to sports, but like La is always embraced you, always embraced magic in such a crazy way for you, Like, was it a little harder for you to be a guy from San Diego and break like up top in La or was it like pretty easy just because of what you were doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think it was pretty easy just because of what I was doing, you know. Yeah, But a big part of me when I first started was a big shout out to Spanish Flight from the Harbor area. I would listen to them, man and always doug what they were doing with the oldie samples and everything. So I mean that's kind of like where I started. As so you know, big shout out to La. I was just in La music already too, you know. Yeah, but this is way back in them like ninety ninety, at like ninety or something like.
Speaker 2: That, when the Chargers moved to LA Are you still like a Charger fan?
Speaker 1: Now? I pretty much stop watching football, man. You were just like it when it was San Diego Chargers. That was one thing, you know, Chargers, then you got you know, you got other teams that live at Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: I don't can just be so heartbroken. I couldn't imagine like my football team leaving to like a different city.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well luckily I wasn't into it that much to be like heartbroken, right right, right, Okay, that's fairss like whatever. So now now I just yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Padres Much's there?
Speaker 1: The Padres man.
Speaker 2: Who has the best Mexican food San Diego or La.
Speaker 1: Yah.
Speaker 2: We got to stop the interview again and tell you about our folks at odd Socks, Baby, that's right, shot to odd Socks man, the most comfortable socks in the world. They've been riding with us since day one. And let me tell you something, man, Christmas time is really sneaking up. Odd socksofficial dot Com. Use the promo code Bootleg, save twenty percent off at checkout. They got the crazy licenses. Check out these Naruto socks. Fucking fire a little sponge Bob socks, you know what I'm saying. How about this? How about the hall Hi movie socks. They got the WWE. They got the motherfucking Cheeto socks. You know what I'm saying. Shot to the mother fucking Cheeto socks. They just dropped their Monopoly line too. I'm waiting for them to send them to me, Ahmad, send me the Monopoly shit, buddy, all right. Also the odd socks basics, These are my favorites. They're just normal, just you know, the most comfortable socks you've ever put on your feet is really what they are. Get a black, white, red, fucking tied eye, whatever you're into. And they got the underwear baby Little Reese's Boys.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Odd Socksofficial dot Com. Use the promo code Bootleg. They got south Park underwear too, all the licenses WWE, Scarface, Breaking Bad, south Park, Power Rangers, Monopoly, Coca Cola, they got it all. Use that promo code Bootleg and save twenty percent off at checkout. Also want to give a shout out to our sponsor. Much love to our good folks at blue Chew. That's right. We talk about it all the time on the podcast. When you go to blue shoot right now, you can get your first month for free. A lot of people ask, well, what is bluechoo and doesn't work? Well blue Choo it has the same active ingredient as viagra and Cialis. The only difference is you don't have to go to the doctor. It's all online. You go to bluetoo dot com. You get your shit handled over there, and then they get you handled by sending you a month for free when you use the promo code Bootleg bluetoo dot com promo code bootleg tryout blue Cheo. It'll have your uh, your dick harder than it's ever been. It's like trigonometry in high school, real hard.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: If you're dealing with any sort of a rectile dysfunction, blue Choo will have your right. Like I said, same active ingredient as viagrant cialis, minus the awkward doctor's appointment. Everything is online. And if you're asking, well, I don't know, man, I just don't know. Try it out for free for a month. They'll send you a month supply for free, right to your doorstep in discrete packaging, blue chewable form. It's in a little chewable Man. You take that thing down and then you go to Poundtown. Take you shorty to Poundtown. Goddamn it. Bluehoo dot Com used that promo code Bootleg tried for free for a month. Let's get back to the interview.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I'm like a taco shop type of dude, like the San Diego taco shops, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always tell everybody the best Mexican food. I always look at proximity to the border. San Diego's got the best Mexican food in my opinion. I don't think it's close and then it's La and not the place. Yeah, I always say San Diego is number one.
Speaker 1: Though yeah I would say that too, But like I said, I never I never ate it everywhere, you know what I mean. So I don't know, you know, if I didn't hit the right place in that later or something like that, you know, yeah, I just like blame all that later or something, you know.
Speaker 2: And the best food I've ever eaten is in Tijuana. Tijuana has the best fucking seafood I've ever had in my life. Yet, Man, do you ever like, do you make it over there to get like that?
Speaker 1: I haven't been over there for a long time. Yeah. I used to go to TJ when I was like sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got I don't have health insurance. I go over there and get like you know, oh yeah, see the dentist.
Speaker 1: I used to go down there, man, when my first record came out, Over the Night and the six one nine and in Mexican Gangsters. That was in ninety two, and I was out there outside of and you know, passing on my records back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sixteen years old and TJ passed your CD.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my brother and then went up. I went up into the show because there was I don't know, I was performing that night, and it was Kid Froust and I don't know, I don't know who it was, but they all went in. But I was too young that one of that name. But that's not my albums.
Speaker 2: Man, damn. So your first album was ninety two.
Speaker 1: My first it's a single, but just first songs. Yeah, so first time you actually released any music anything.
Speaker 2: Ninety two, Man, that's crazy to set tape in the record longevity. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, man, And you can't I mean, I couldn't plan for it. It's kind of happened that way, you know. Yeah, but I appreciate it and everything.
Speaker 2: Man, So what would be like and everything you said earlier that you know, you kind of went through your spouts with the not showing up the shows and maybe taking advantage of this shit a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: For Anny Young up and coming artists for you know, you've obviously kind of made mistakes that you know, maybe they can learn from. What would be some things you would you would advise them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I made mistakes that I could learn from or that I learned from, and other people's made mistakes towards me that that I've learned from, you know what I mean. So it's you know, never step on nobody's toes. I don't burn no bridges because you never know. Man, be humble, but either you are humble that you're not, you know what I mean. So you can't act like you're humble. You know, it's either you are or not. So and just never never burned nobody, man, because you just never know, man, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, yeah, never burn a bridge and very.
Speaker 1: Keep the word and everything. Man, I always keep the word, you know.
Speaker 2: And you're you were You came early today and I was late, so you know, you know, and we're doing this in the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah not office.
Speaker 2: Sure, it was not very farm last night till too in the morning.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I just feeling from Vegas last night. Yeah, and then went to go eat over here mama.
Speaker 2: How Vegas is always a movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was dope at the House of Blues.
Speaker 2: Was it you Magic Bash with someone else?
Speaker 1: Magic Bash?
Speaker 2: Jay Rocks tried to Jay Rocks. She's got a beautiful voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forget a couple of others, but yeah, what's the film Ofrie?
Speaker 2: You guys are doing so many shows together. Have you ever considered doing like a best of both worlds or like a West Side Connection type of album where it's like you Bash and Magic and maybe it's like ten songs.
Speaker 1: We're talking about doing some jazz, you know, that would be crazy. We did a couple of games already, me and Me and Magic, and uh, we have one that's coming out on a Magic's album.
Speaker 2: I guess well, you guys that did a record like three or four years ago with that what's that his name Cucko? I was gonna say Coco Ship, but that song was fucking raw.
Speaker 1: That went pretty big, man.
Speaker 2: So that song was that was a beautiful song. Yeah, man, that dude's sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got a beautiful voice.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing too, man. I was doing this soth for Jay Rocks, did something for Spanish Fly I stick tribe a little leaf from San Diego. Welse uh uh I throw prestigio they want for them to check it out. That's a good one man to a banda you know, So shout out to you guys too, man.
Speaker 2: But uh, I just got hit to a new dude from San Diego. Have you heard of him? I think his name is a little weirdo. Have you heard of him? I got heard of him. Yeah, he's pretty dope.
Speaker 1: That's good. It's good.
Speaker 2: And then there's a god damn it, I can't think of the kid's name. What's the kid's name from Ocean Side that's doing.
Speaker 1: The old school hollow great guy, yeah, very cool man. So I liked what he was doing, so hit him up. But I've done so many features lately where I thought maybe it was just time to do my own, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's dope, man. I like how he's kind of bringing back that like g funk and he's younger, like he's like he's just like paying homage and he's doing it in like a great way and super dope for sure. Shot to ocean Side, man.
Speaker 1: For sure. Seven six zero in the house.
Speaker 2: Ocean Side is like a place you drive through on your way to San Diego, but you don't realize if you just get off the freeway, it's fucking gorgeous.
Speaker 1: I'll be driving through tomorrow.
Speaker 2: What is your chemistry like these days with a guy like Fingers because finger for people who don't know he had a run like Fingers, Really everyone.
Speaker 1: That goes the Fingers man got to good get some good jams man. So I already knew that he was the person that I needed to go see.
Speaker 2: So he's mainly handling Is it all the production or a lot of the production on this?
Speaker 1: All of it?
Speaker 2: All of it, all of it? Man, that's dope. That's I like that too, Like in hip hop or people like lock in with one producer, because I feel like it always makes the albums better.
Speaker 1: It needs clean and he helps we write the hooks and everything. Man, and I go whenever we knock it out real quick, and then it will add his flavor to it, and it's it's all to the good, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you guys gonna are you going to put it out and just see how the fans react? Are you going to go to radio with this? Or like, what's what's kind of.
Speaker 1: The We got a plan going on, man, which you know, I wasn't really ready for either, man, because at first I was gonna throw it out just for the people, you know. So now we're here doing you know, the podcast thing and just doing little interviews here and there and just doing it because this is what we do, you know what I mean. And so yeah, we're gonna put it out hopefully that the people love it. Man, spumping, that's one of my favorite favorite things I put together in a long time.
Speaker 2: How long did it take get to record?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Just three sessions? We did three sessions. They did eleven songs real quick, man, you know.
Speaker 2: Ship y'all work quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I get my stuff already ready in my head and everything. So when I go to the studio.
Speaker 2: And you already have to be. You know, it's crazy because the new rappers don't do that no more. They just show to the studio. They play like ten beats and then they start humming.
Speaker 1: Yeah both and I could do that too, but.
Speaker 2: So you like to get the beats, have everything ready so when you get in we're on business. I'm ready to record. I already got.
Speaker 1: Going and everything's ready to go, and I put thought into my rhymes and you know, make sure they put together when I'm spinning them right and all that have you.
Speaker 2: How many people have little rob tattoos in the world right now, I don't know, but I've seen a couple. Yea, I've seen some. Yeah, yeah, that's got to be.
Speaker 1: My autograph on the on their skin or whatever, or just portraits too.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, if someone has a portrait of your face on them and they come up to you, that's got to be cool but also a little startling.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's cool. Well, one chick wanted me to right on their face, you know what I mean. But I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: I would have been like this, don't you don't listen?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Yeah, yeah, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: But nah, you don't you don't want to ruin your life? Yeah, yeah, sure, that's crazy. It's crazy just walking around with a little rop tattoo on your face going to job interviews and Ship explained it.
Speaker 1: I don't understand, but that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you guys don't know a little rob this is yeah what what where's the like? Like the portrait. Ship's got to be pretty gnarly though, Like do you like take their information and say, hey, I'm going to like get you into the show or are you just like hey, thank you? Uh?
Speaker 1: That kind of reposted on my story and so yeah, so I never really thought about I do a show, but maybe that's a good idea. You know.
Speaker 2: I feel like if someone gets there your face tattooed on them, they should get into the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Yo, what up, guys, we got to stop the interview to tell you about our folks at my bookie. It's winning season right now. NFL We're in the thick of it. I've been doing really good on my NFL bets, by the way, Plus NBA officially back, we got playoff baseball. It's going crazy, especially if you like to throw down some of that money and do a little gambling. You gotta head over to my bookie. This was dube about my book It doesn't matter if your team sucks my team, the Cardinals, they're trash. Don't matter. I'm still winning on Sundays. Baby, all right? At my bookie. All right, you can use my bookie for your daily odd boosts, same game parlays, and take advantage of the crazy huge prize pool contests. Plus. Right now, my bookie has a no strings attached, that's the important thing. No strings attached cash bonus that let you deposit and withdraw quick. That's free cash, no strings attached, deposit, take it out and then go bout your day or get in on some of this NFL and NBA action. Baby, all right, just use the promo code Bootleg when you sign up. Go to my bookie dot ag, use the promo code Bootleg on your first deposit and you'll receive up to two hundred dollars in cash. What are we talking about? No strings attached? What my bookie? Use the promo code bootleg? All right? Maybe you want to gamble on some NFL. Maybe you want to get in on some of this early NBA action. Maybe we want to get in on some of this playoff baseball. It's really on you use the promo code Bootleg and receive up to two hundred dollars in cash. That's right, Try my bookie right now, use that promo code Bootleg and you can grab How about this, man, there's some crazy odds going on, and I like this one because what you can do is you can throw down on a potential Super Bowl front runner and uh plus thirty eight thousand on the Eagles and Chiefs on the Super Bowl plus thirty eight thousand. If you put one hundred dollars, you win thirty eight thousand dollars. You're not gonna get those odds anywhere, my bookie dot ag. Use the promo code Bootleg right now. Bet anything anytime, anywhere, only with my bookie. Plus, we gotta give a big shout out to our family at King Pom Man. We love King Pom over here on the Bootleg podcast. This was great about King Pom. First of all, it's all about that organic no tobacco a leaf. This thing right here is a boy. Look at that. Sure, that's just the leaf right there, King Palm. They got everything you need, man. They got these cones with the squeezing pop turpens in them. The flavors. This right here is the dragon fruit, we got the grape hd, the watermelon wave, so many flavors. What's job about King Palm? If you're in whatever city you're in, you could find King Palm at your local smoke shop, your local seven eleven. All right, I'm telling you King Palm, You're not gonna ever ever experience a more cleaner, more natural, more just great way to smoke, which is smoking. All right, your stuffed one of these boys up with some flour and you just you're off to the races. I'm telling you. You hit the tip, you get hit with that flavor, and it's man, it's nothing like it. The squeezing pop on King Palm is insane, all right. And they got all sized cones. All right, So go to King Pom man Organic tobacco free leafs of all sizes like this is a this is a this is look we're talking about all side here? What are we talking about? What are we talking about here? Boys? All right? Go to Kingpom dot com right now. You go order whatever you want. Man. They got accessories, they got trays, they got grinders, they got ash trays. They got damn all kinds of flavors of their leafs. Everything fifty percent off when you use the promo code Bootleg. That's fifty percent off. Order whatever you want at kingpom dot com. Let's get back to the interview. That's pretty gnarly.
Speaker 1: We'll start that for next year, just do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, would you say the name of the new album.
Speaker 1: Was also the wind On, because no matter what, it's all to the wind On. I like that. Yeah, coming out when November third?
Speaker 2: November third November. Are you gonna do any like hard copies so you can sell them on the road that do the merch and all that you got the merchant together.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's dope man. Well's dope to see you back making new music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be fun because you've been.
Speaker 2: On the road just murdering it. How many shows a year are we at right now?
Speaker 1: I don't even pay attention.
Speaker 2: If you have a guess, I mean, is it like one hundred shows a year?
Speaker 1: I'll just take that. Yeah, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: It's a lot, dude. It's great man, you're here.
Speaker 1: I mean a lot of West Coast, but then also to New York and Uh, and well we had New York and Atlanta and what is? What is?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, that is interesting because like you wouldn't think like a New York show would be big for a little rob. What are like like the fans like in New York? You know what I mean? Like that's different.
Speaker 1: That was a good show too. When we parted the house and in the Queens and Queens, that's that was showing the queens. It was it was bumping.
Speaker 2: I'm curious, do you are you hip? Like there's like this whole Chicago subculture in Japan? Yeah, have they ever booked you guys out there?
Speaker 1: I went out there like a two thousand and five I think with the Man for probably one of six shout out to man, and we did a five city tour in uh in Japan. I went to Uh.
Speaker 2: They got low riders and ship out there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some dude, Japanese dude put a pull up his shirt on me for that Chicano on his on the stomach. I was pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: That is kind of.
Speaker 1: Japan. Yeah, gangster too, man, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh ship shout out to uh Yeah, shouts of that guy. Man, he's committed yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: That for sure.
Speaker 2: Hey, I miss some. You know, there's still like some some car shows that are pretty big out there, the Arizona Super Shows, big shots, my guy Kenny who does it every year. But like the peak Lowrider Tour was so crazy. Every year every rapper had their own like booth set up. There was like half naked chicks everywhere. There was the car show girls every I mean it was wild. What is like the craziest Lowrider show story you got? Because those things got pretty gnarly and like I mean it in a really good way, but it was it was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I guess, uh, I guess low leather show that I had done. I guess something San Francisco. Yeah, the cops moving for the bulletproof vest On, wow, because it was that's going on. And uh but I had the Neighborhood Music a summer Nights and so I went up there to go perform that for them. And then uh, you.
Speaker 2: Had was the threats just to the Southern California Northern California.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, I got no problem within it. And I'm not to show everybody a good time, man. You know, when I when I'm on the stage of Rocky Brown bandana represent Brown Pride, and and that means you know.
Speaker 2: That means everybody.
Speaker 1: Everybody, man, no matter where you're from, trip and you know what I mean, I ain't doing that stuff. So so yeah, I just bottles being thrown at me and stuff at that. It was kind of crazy, man.
Speaker 2: I threw bottles.
Speaker 1: There's some soda on me to a couple of soda on my half. My brim was dripping. Oh man, whatever. But you know it's not everybody, man, it's a few people that they might act that way. Man.
Speaker 2: So I gotta I gotta show you this video real quick because this is uh. This was in two thousand and nine and Boise I was at Wild one on one and this was me and you chugging a beer stage at the Knitting Factory. And I looked like a twelve year old because I was a twelve year old twenty one maybe twenty.
Speaker 3: This is has okay, dann get it done.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, ship That's what I waved back a long time ago. Yeah, damn dude.
Speaker 2: The Latin Lockdown Tour was that little Uno was the Latin Lockdown Tour.
Speaker 1: I think that was good one of them, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that was Like I'm trying to think who else was on that show. I want to say, uh, the Superman guy. Brown Boy was shout to brown Boy Man, I just ran into him.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, don't sit in a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, look man, you're killing it. I'm glad to see you guys on this on the on the road, just showing artists like it's not all about just streaming, you know what I mean. If you make real connections with your fans, you can eat forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I'm just saying, like, like I said, I'm just out having fun, you know what I mean, and just probably or even wanting to see me still, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, making timeless music is important because you can you can turn that into like long real longevity. Yeah, yeah, for sure, because a lot of people can't do how many however many shows a year you guys are doing. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah for a minute. For a minute, honestly, Ben, I was, I didn't know what I was doing. Magic. I hit us up for just if we want to go do these shows and everything. Man, So I said, okay, cool, let's do it. And then that's just kind of when it started. But before that, like five years whatever. I wasn't really doing too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, shout out to Magic. Magic's visionary. He's got that for people who don't know. If you go to any EMC Magic show even uh, I want to say, even when you were performing, he's standing on the side of the stage running the show with his son. Oh yeah yeah yeah, Like Magic's just standing there. There's the graphics and like him and his kid are like handling everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy. After sure, I got the whole family. That's a family affair thing going on, man. And uh, you know, I mean lately I've been taking my son too, he's four years old. Even Rocket summer. Nice. Oh that's dope, man, man, Yeah, have you be taking my family with me?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 1: You know when I can?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they say, I think that's you know when people say terrible twos, I really think it's terrible force. Yeah, because they think they're like a little grown up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when someone's for they like they the kids start to think they're like, you know somebody.
Speaker 1: I took them out on the stage with me at the uh at the Long B Show, Bobby D Show, Bobby D. Yeah, and it was uh so I took him out there and I had them in my arms. He was three years old, and I put him on my arms and just just carrying them out. I did summer nights and everything, and then I put them down. He started rocking the MC by himself and go, okay, so that's that's way cool.
Speaker 2: It's a real little rob.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they're a bit rob. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, all right. The album's coming out November.
Speaker 1: November, November third, yeah, yeah, all to the all to the go check it out. I got a single out. It's called too Much right now a bottles they be talking too much. And then, uh, in that moment in time, right now.
Speaker 2: And right now, tons of shows you can probably whatever city you're in, especially if you're anywhere near the West Coast. I'm sure you're gonna be coming soon.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, sure. I'll be back at Pomona in Los Angeles, I think in November, I think, and then but uh yeah, I'll be in saulx City this weekend and on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the Mormons, man, Yeah for sure, man, choose the right. Yeah, I appreciate you, brat you man, thank you man. All right, but dot thank you what's going on, man. I want to shout out to our family a hard Dean for presenting to you another interview. All right, there's another interview coming tomorrow and the next day and the next day. Shout out to Hardeen though. If you're in Las Vegas, man, the number one dispensary in the world. They are our family. There are brothers, there are fucking dogs over there, man.
Speaker 1: We love them.
Speaker 2: They always are taking care of us, and they'll take care of you if you go to Hardean in Vegas. Let's say you're landing in Vegas. You're gonna go watch the Raiders. You're gonna go watch a Vegas show. Whatever. Getting that TAXI tell them straight up, take me to Hardean. When you get to Hardean, they will get you hooked up with the craziest uh just variety and selection of premium cannabis on the planet. And if you tell them you heard about us on the on the Bootleg cap show, you say, hey, Hardean, I heard about y'all on the Bootleg Cab podcast. They're gonna take care of y'all. All right, So go follow them hard Dean Underscore Las Vegas on all social media and check them out. Hardean Las Vegas dot com. What's up Hardean