Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arms Strong and Gatti and he Armstrong and Hetty.
Speaker 3: The talks between Iran and the United States continue to go back and forth. At the latest juncture here, it's our understanding that the US side has sent the proposal between the two countries back to Iran for a couple of adjustments that are presently waiting for a response.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where we are on the negotiations of just I've got a little analysis on that coming up, which is interesting. Let's let Robert Sherman bring us up to speed what happened over the weekend of News Nation.
Speaker 3: Well, this is now the third time in the last week that we have seen American forces carried out what they described as self defense strikes on Iran, hitting launch facilities, radar facilities in side of Iran itself. You may mention of the fact that an American drone was shot down over international waters. That is what partially sparked all of this back and forth that you've seen between Iran and the United States.
Speaker 2: Just moments ago, Central Command.
Speaker 3: Clarified Iran went so far as to fire two ballistic missiles at Kuwait, allegedly towards some of the American bases that are in that country. There that has received widespread condemnation from Gulf states around the region here as well.
Speaker 2: Whooped to do condemnation. It's amazing how much Iran counts on people shooting down their missiles. Interesting thought, I.
Speaker 1: Think, because they don't actually want to hit Tel Aviv, I assume, or one of our.
Speaker 4: Bases, because do you think they do well? They hurt and killed quite a number of our folks already, number being like seven, not seventy or seven.
Speaker 2: Isn't it okay? Fine? But it's not hundreds like it could be if a ballistic missile hits one of these big bases or hits Tel Aviv. Whenever they shoot missiles that.
Speaker 1: I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: I would love to know if they, like, do they hope they get through in it? Tovie, Israel would just completely obliterate Terran I think if that happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if I agree with you. I think they do as much damage as they can. They're just not terribly good at it. We've seen their defensive capabilities, their defense are just woeful. The Russian and Chinese systems are just terrible. It would make sense that their offensive capabilities aren't great either. But yeah, they've inflicted enormous damage. They've killed again a modest number of our people, but too many. And their leadership is waiting for the apocalypse where uh, oh.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll take the throner over the heck that work. So I don't know. So. John Bolton was Trump's National Security advisor. He's the hawkeyest Iran hawk that exists on planet Earth. Perhaps him, here's him talking about that whole situation.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a very important base that We've got a lot of important bases in the region. And I think this is an indication that Iran is trying to intimidate the US. They're trying to press what they see as their advantage with Trump desperately wanting to cease fire, to open the straight or four moves and hopefully bring the price of gasoline at the pump in the US down. I think that shortsighted strategically, but I think that's really what's uppermost on Trump's mind, and I think that's what the Iranians are pushing on.
Speaker 2: That's after John Bolton said he thinks the ceasefire was a horrible mistake, which I would agree. But so here's one of the most respected international journalists in the world, David Sanger of the New York Times, well sourced saying the same thing Joe has been saying four weeks. And Joe is not well sourced. David Sanger, are sucking to all the experts in Iran and in the United States and all the think tanks, and he came up with the same thing you thought came up with off the top of his head, off the top.
Speaker 4: Well endowed, but not well sourced. That's my reputation.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, what happened over the weekend that made you need to slip that in.
Speaker 4: I don't care anymore. I've become completely cynical. I'm a nihilist.
Speaker 2: The Iranians sends mister Trump's deep reluctance, let me start again. We're all tracking with you. The Iranians sends mister Trump's deep reluctance to start combat operations that are deeply unpopular in the United States, and most Iran experts say they expect Terran to try to stretch the negotiations for months or years, as they have with past administrations. Yeah. Yeah, that's what you've been saying for weeks. They're just going to drag this out. So all this back and forth where they send something completely ridiculous US reparations and we get to own the straight Obviously that's a non starter. So Trump doodles on it. Then no to this, no to this, how about this, sends it back. They wait a week, they scribble something else. We get to keep our nuclear weapons. That's sent it back.
Speaker 1: I mean, you drag this out forever until Trump's out of office, and then there's.
Speaker 4: A Democrat and who lets you get a nuclear weapon? Probably, and please everybody step acting surprise.
Speaker 2: That's what they do. It's what they always do.
Speaker 4: Ian Bremmer, for instance, expected outcome of US around agreement one straight opens and blockade dropped immediately. Two ceasefire extended for sixty days. Three Cutter transfer six billion of Iranian assets to Iran. The United States says has nothing to do with that transfer.
Speaker 2: Well, it was a coincidence.
Speaker 4: Four US and Iran continue to restart negotiating nuclear issues, probably keep extending the deadline with little progress, and five no meaningful expansion of Abraham records.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I just yeah, do me a favor.
Speaker 4: I want to hear if John Bolton's thinking squares with my own, let's hear sixty five Michael.
Speaker 5: I think the ceasefire itself has been a mistake. I think it's a gift to Iran. How close the parties actually are to some kind of extended ceasefire remains to be saved. We've been hearing for day after day after day that it's very close, and maybe it will be today, who knows, But I think it's what's really questionable is how much Iran and the US have actually agreed on. You can write words down on a piece of paper, but what really matters is do the parties have a meeting of the minds? Do they understand what they've agreed on? And that is a lot less clear.
Speaker 4: So what I was going to say in that absolutely supports that is the reason given for the ceasefire is all right, we've pounded them enough, We're going to turn down the heat now and come to a diplomatic solution. Well, clearly you did not turn up the heat enough. If they don't feel motivated to come to an agreement, and they're clearly not This is just classic Iranian you know, delay in obfuscation.
Speaker 2: It's time to turn up the heat again. I think they feel the opposite. I think they feel we took your best shot and we're still standing, so bring it again.
Speaker 4: This is a regime that is willing to machine gun forty two thousand of their own citizens down, and some of their youngest, best and brightest in the streets. They're not going to blanch at doing terrible damage or killing civilians obviously, or doing terrible damage to the infrastructure. They're like, oh my god, these guys don't they're not fighters at all.
Speaker 2: They waded in through.
Speaker 4: A couple of punches and said, hey, everybody, calmed down, we're freaking killers. Trump doesn't have it. He doesn't have the guts, that's what they're thinking.
Speaker 2: So Trump truthed out last night after midnight, Iran really wants to make a deal, and it'll be a good one for the USA and those that are with us. But don't the Democrats and various seemingly unpatriotic Republicans understand that it is much tougher for me to properly do my job and negotiate when political hacks keep negatively chirping at levels never seen before, over and over again, that I should move faster or move slower, or go to war or not go to war or whatever. Just sit back and relax and law work out well in the end. It always does. Does it always work out well in the end? No, No, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's what you're doing. You're one of those hacks chirping all the presidents trying to do his job.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right, hacking, chirp and chirping and hacking. Oh, we'll see all right, well at home.
Speaker 1: At some point, it's possible that behind the scenes, Marco and Jared and whoever else are, you know, working on a deal and all of a sudden, they're all going to come forward to a microphone and say we have a deal and it's gonna have all kinds of complexities in it that we haven't heard.
Speaker 2: About in the press and all that sort of stuff because they were doing behind the scenes. It's possible. Sure, it's also possible that, like Bolton said, and you've been saying that, there's like nothing anybody's agreed on. None of the major stuff is even close I.
Speaker 4: Mean not even close agreed in principle to talk about it later, which is a win for a RAN. What you said about it's possible behind the scenes, blah blah blah, these things take go out. But I think you've said that every day now for like five weeks. Yeah, and it's been true every single day. But at some point you start to think, Yeah, on the other hand, maybe I'm not getting a pony for Christmas. I mean, it's just and every day that goes by is better for a RAN, right and worse for us. Don't think it, don't.
Speaker 2: Doesn't our position get better and ours get worse day by day by day? Yeah? Uh huh yeah uh.
Speaker 4: Well, more on this to come. Obviously, it's far from over. Here's a stat for you. In the US, there's a break in every twenty six seconds, I mean somewhere right now, and intruder is getting closer and by the end of this commercial a little be four of them. Problem is most security systems only alert you have to break in after a break in has already started. That's too late, and that's why you should choose simply safe to secure your home like we do using the Outdoor Camera series to an advanced AI alert simply saves US based live agents identify threat it's on your property, and help deter them, stopping crime.
Speaker 2: Before it starts. That's real peace of mind. So we're always saying no long term contracts. Why is that a big deal? Well, first of all, you're not locked in, So if your life changes, you move, or your needs change or whatever, you're not locked into that contract. And what it means to me is they don't think, okay, cool, we got you for two years. No, you have to like simply Safe every single day every month to stay with it. They're earning your business on a day by day basis.
Speaker 4: And it's tough to describe the peace of mind whether you're trying to go to sleep at night or on vacation or whatever, knowing simply Safe protecting you. You should have that peace of mind. Right now, you get fifty percent off your new system by visiting simply safe dot com slash armstrong. That's half off if you use our code. It's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply Safe.
Speaker 2: Finally, briefly from me on the politics of this whole thing, and this is this is cynical, and this is not good news. But I think it's true. I don't think Trump will be that damaged by a bad deal, as a lot of the pundits think.
Speaker 1: I don't think people care enough. People should care more. But I think the war ends and then gas starts to drop back down, and historians and.
Speaker 2: Some cable news shows paneled, why did we get out of this? It was a mistake, blab bla. Most people aren't.
Speaker 1: They didn't pay attention to the beginning, they haven't paid attention to in the middle, and they are gonna pay attention.
Speaker 2: To the end.
Speaker 1: It's just it's over, and it went away, and it's not a problem, and gas has gone back down.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's going to damage him that much.
Speaker 4: What's the opposite of something coming back to bite me in the ass? Because I think the Trump administration did a terrible The President himself did a terrible job of explaining the critical need of stopping Around's nuclear program. Yeah, he's brought it up plenty of times, but the messaging just has not been effective. But having said that, if you come to a deal that doesn't really deal with that in the end, Again, what's the opposite of something coming back to bite you in the ass. You just you didn't turn loose a dog at all.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see what you mean. You didn't really make the case to the American people while it's why it's important. So then when I fail at it, right, there's no repercussions. Yeah, these are odd times. I actually think that's what's going to happen. Okay, we got more on the white stay here. Bill Maher on Friday and his show, asking the question why is Mississippi beating California in public schools? Why is Texas meeting California when it comes to solar saying that's not the stereotype, but it's the truth. So we'll get to that a little bit later.
Speaker 4: You know, I was all excited to lead this discussion. With the name of the contest, I think it's Operation Drone Dominance or something like that. Speaking of the military in Iran and all sorts of conflicts including Ukraine and the coming you know era of drones in AirLand and sea warfare. The Pentagon, to their credit, is holding a giant contest among drone design and makers. Yeah, drone Dominance, that's what they're calling it. And it is And again I think this is really cool. Some of The leading players are like a twenty three year old former drone racing world champion, a company that uses drones to analyze golf course grass, another link to a firm that hosts aera light shows, and the Pentagon has said we're gonna do about a billion dollars worth of defense contracts on drones.
Speaker 2: We're gonna buy hundreds of thousands of them.
Speaker 4: Show us your best stuff, and it is really motivated an intense, you know, contest, but just effort by all of these innovative young companies to show what they can do and to move us forward in the absolutely critical game of figuring out.
Speaker 2: How we're gonna use these things. Wow, that's really pretty cool, you know. Pete Hegseeth.
Speaker 4: He's an interesting character, and there's some aspects of his act I don't love. But boy, in terms of standing up for the actual war fighters and being willing to adapt and break out of the old mold and the old way of doing these things, I give them an a plus on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm glad we're looking at the drone thing now because from everything I read, China's way ahead of us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially in terms of manufacturing capacity. I mean, they can produce just exponentially more than we can at this point. And boy, the more I talk to people who are involved in this field, the more I understand how intense and important the whole thing is. Anyway, I just wanted to throw that in another very short story.
Speaker 2: This is way way worse than it sounds.
Speaker 4: The state of New York lawmakers are pushing for child tax credits, but not child tax credits, dog and cat tax credits, a non refundable tax credit for pet owners. Well, they might do it refundable, which means you get it even if you don't pay taxes, which is verbal trickery. If you have a dog or a cat, you can get a tax credit regardless of your wealth, and child's tax credits are are capped by income. Taxpayers will give you tax credits because you have a dog to help take care of Fido.
Speaker 2: So I, currently a non dog owner, am giving some of my tax money to other people who decided to have a dog. Explain that to me. Explain justify that one to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can give you the defacto answer, but can give me a bonehead I'm supposed to buy an answer on why I should give some of my tax money to somebody who decided they want a cat.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: I'll have to work hard to adopt the verbiage of the people who are in favor of this. But pets are a part of our family. They've been demonstrated to aid in health and longevity, and people really care about their pets. And with affordability being as bad as it is these days, people need help. They need help with their expensive veterinary bills. So you know, that's the best effort I can come up with the de facto answer. The real answer is no, we're going to promise people tax money so they vote for us.
Speaker 2: It's a new excuse. Well three distribution. Yeah, I really like riding a bike. Exercise is important. It leads to longevity and better health, health outcomes. Pay for my bike right right, absolutely.
Speaker 4: But then once people are getting this, then you can say the Republicans want to yank away the money you need to care for your pets. Republicans don't care if your pets live or die.
Speaker 2: Wow, a teleocrat, this might be the thing that gets me to move to a different country when I'm old. Yeah, if I'm going to have to give tax money to people who want to have a dog or a cat, so they can have a dog or a cat. What the frigg is going on here?
Speaker 4: Which is why I said this is even this is worse than it sounds because it feels to me it's crossing some sort of it is right, right, I mean, it's utterly indefensible. It's just a naked saying we will give you money for the reason doesn't really matter. We're just gonna give you money if you keep voting for us. The Turtle Coalition of America is going to say, wait a minute, dogs and cats, what are you a shellist or you know whatever?
Speaker 2: Your your snake.
Speaker 4: Guy's going to be like that is so unfair, right, I demand my subsidy.
Speaker 2: I've got a friend who's got a parrot. They live like one hundred and fifty years. What who's going to take care of this parrot when it's gone? Give you know, vote now on measure.
Speaker 4: P Yeah, exactly, Polly want a handout? Holly want a handout. I'm Joe Getty Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: Graham and I have a great marriage. Being married is hard. Being newly married is hard. Being newly married and going through infertility is hard. Being newly married going through infertility and a Senate campaign is is hard.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if I have the right words to describe.
Speaker 6: We've been going through.
Speaker 2: But our marriage counselor helps.
Speaker 6: No marriage is perfect.
Speaker 4: That is Amy Gertner, the wife of Graham Platner. Graham Plattner, who's really been quite the topic of discussion in politics these days. He is the lobsterman, Yeah, running four or the Senate in Maine. He's that rugged looking veteran fellow calls himself an oyster farmer, although his only client is his mom's restaurant, and he was a bit of a expensive boarding school kid who claims he's a tough and working class. He's ruggedly handsome, which I think is the key to like everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is a another long line of seems to be phony working class dudes trying to get that vote. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He also sported a Totin Kulp tattoo, the death's head tattoo frequently used by the SS and World War two Nazis.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: You know, young guy combat veteran gets an ill advised tattoo because he thought it was just hard ass or as opposed to Nazi imagery.
Speaker 2: I give him a pass on that. Yeah, I'm not that worried about that.
Speaker 4: On the other hand, I think he's a phony and he's half a Marxist. He's got quite the history of bad decisions, including what we're talking about here while he was married, and he's just been married to young Amy, who we heard from since twenty twenty three, and evidently he was a serial sexter in the last couple of years while they've been married. And I don't want to give way too much for the next from the next couple of clips we're going to play, but so you've got that problem. You got the fact that several years ago he called rural maners racists and idiots and the rest of it, and they got to vote for him. He's made several incredibly nasty comments about Jewish folks, and he's just he strikes me as a wackadoo candidate that wasn't vetted well enough.
Speaker 2: So anti Semitism is a problem. Being a socialist as a problem unless I hear something specific, and I think the specifics are going to come out this week. On the sexting thing that's between you and your wife, she's okay with it. Whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's part of a pattern to see he you know, he tweeted all sorts of terrible things about maners and women, you know how they auto avoid sexual assault, crude posts about sex workers, masturbation, trying to discredit fellow combat veterans, blah blah blah. And he's explained to all of that that well, I had PTSD and that the all the sexting women was really bad decisions. But I've undergone counseling, and he is doing counseling. She is doing individual counseling. They're doing marital counseling together, as we're about to hear. So when you describe all of that, does that sound like a US senator to you? Somebody who makes bad decisions, is disturbed as sexual compulsions, has Nazi tattoos that are probably explainable, away, has insulted the voters over and over again, said misogynist things about women by the standards of his own party. It's funny how that's not an issue now mashtag me too. It just all adds up to what the hell is this guy or candidate for?
Speaker 2: Well, all sexting's not the same either. If he had an affair or affairs, and they were sexting over it, and that's one thing. And then that's I really think that's in the realm of between him and his wife whatever. She's put up with it or got over it or something. But if he is sending you know, remember the famous Brett Farr picture where he's sitting there naked in his crocs and he just sent it to some reporter, I mean, if you do something like that, that's a completely different thing. So I don't know what the nature of this sexting is, but I think we're gonna know this week.
Speaker 4: There is an allegation that he calls his unit dere feurer. I have not been able to substantiate that.
Speaker 2: I saw all kinds of screen captures over the weekend of texting conversation. It turned out to be AI general, thank you AI. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Indeed, here is the candidate himself setting us straight on what we ought to worry about and what we ought not.
Speaker 7: It's no surprise to me that the establishment media outlets are just going to run gossip instead of wanting to talk about the things that actually matter in this race, which are the material realities that the maners are working with. These people are going to try to make this race about anything but what it's supposed to be about, which is policy. They never want to talk about policy. Amy and I have a very loving and very happy marriage. They would very much like to try to rip that apart. We're going to come after us in every awful way that they possibly can.
Speaker 2: And I, in case you surely you know this one, maybe I don't. I shouldn't say that. That's a mean thing to say, because you don't need to follow politics at any certain level. The Senate is basically tied, and whoever controls the Senate, that's a really big deal. So one Senate seat is huge. It's not like these various House seats. A one Senate seat could easily be the difference between Republicans controller or Democrats control it, whether get he gives your Supreme Court justice through or whether you don't that sort of thing. And he's trying to take away a Republican Senate seat there in Maine. So one more point on This guy was written by Teddy Daniels who is a was he marine or.
Speaker 4: He was terribly injured in a firefight, received the Purple Heart Taliban ambush and Afghanistan. He was one of a couple of people, including Navy seal Chris Kyle, that this Platner disparaged online in the last couple of years, and he talks about what a phony Platner is as a working class guy. I was the son of a brick mason father and a woman and a mother who worked in a textile mill. My father, who died of cancer several years ago, would have had a field day with mister Plattner.
Speaker 2: He was always talking about this.
Speaker 4: Spoiled rich kid politician who came out to job sites to get votes and take pictures. Dad would comment on the work boots they wore, boots that never saw a day of work in their Carhart jackets which still had creases from being on the shelf at the tractor's supply company store, flannel shirt and all Graham Planter's Tim Walls on steroids an entitled brat who campaigns with socialist Bernie Sanders. A real man by the lights of the Democratic Party. He presents himself as relatable to working class Americans, but in reality he's a typical elitist who believes blue collar, hardworking assault of the earth, rural Americans are stupid and racist. I couldn't care less about the comments he made about me, but they are a reflection of his character. I never thought i'd see the day when Democrats would even consider backing a candidate like this.
Speaker 2: Wow ye yeah, see, I care about that stuff more than the what the him and his wife sexting stuff. If you're a freaking socialist, anti Semite, that should be known.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I agree. I don't agree with you entirely on the sexting thing. He's sexting at least half a dozen women in the early years of his marriage. That strikes it. M that's just too much. You know, each voter should decide for themselves.
Speaker 2: I thought the nation had moved past with Trump and others of caring about people what they're doing with chicks. I mean, I mean, good, lord the hole Donald Trump walk him up and grab them by the you who uh while his wife was pregnant fingy Yeah all right, all right, so you wanted Hillary? All right? Moving on.
Speaker 1: Hillary's Hillary is a bad example because she bill obviously running around their whole marriage.
Speaker 4: And then she assassinated the character of any woman who would complain about his sexuals.
Speaker 2: Destroy their laws. Yes, yes, that's right.
Speaker 4: So word from her friends that incogne, You're information is valuable, far more accessible than you might realize or hope. Every time you shop online, your data is collected, package and sold to data brokers. That's why we really recommend in Cogni works quietly in the background to wipe your personal data from these data broker sites.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, like we just said, your data is out there in all these sites, but there's legal ways that in Cognate can get that information off there. They got the law on their side. You just don't know how to do that or how to contact these people in Cognitate contacts say hey, take.
Speaker 1: It off, take jack stuff off there. You have to buy the law and then they keep at it and you're going to notice a real decrease in the spam emails, calls, and texts.
Speaker 4: And one of the reasons you can't really do it yourself realistically is we're talking about hundreds of databases. Take your personal data back within cogni I n cog and I is how it's spelled. Get sixty percent off the regular price when you use the code armstrong it in cognit dot com slash armstrong. That's sixty percent off when you use the code armstrong and in cognit dot com slash armstrong. That's in cogni dot com armstrong.
Speaker 2: I guess what bothers me is we put everything into like a blender of bad things and treat them all equally.
Speaker 1: I think being a freaking socialist is a really really big freaking deal. I think being an anti Semite is a really really really big deal, and then to just equate that with these sexted women seems nuts to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, you're right. It shouldn't be at the same point in the scale. I think you can all get into your mix of what do you want to vote for? Who do you want to vote for?
Speaker 2: But no, yeah, it's a good point.
Speaker 4: I mean, being a socialist, I don't care if you're like married to your college sweetheart and you volunteer your height.
Speaker 2: You know, there's.
Speaker 4: The handicapped children's organization. Socialism will ruin the country, It'll bankrupt the country, it'll ruin lives. Yeah, go to hell.
Speaker 2: But I do think the sects are going to come out this week. So Wall Street Journal, the big article over the weekend was about the sex thing, but they didn't have the actual I think they have them, but they didn't release them. They will come out because this stuff always comes out.
Speaker 4: Final note for me. Then we'll move on from this. AOC is clearly running for president. She's making all the moves, all the moves. She's good at what at doing what she does. She will be laughed out of a presidential race, laughed at.
Speaker 2: You don't think she could get that. You think she's a non starter for getting the nomination? Yes? Really?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You have more faith and the Democratic A primary voter than I do.
Speaker 4: Well, if I improved wrong, I will be defying, So that would be fine.
Speaker 2: I don't think she couldn't get elected president, but I think she could get the nomination. Oh. I had one other thing to say, But oh so, Mark Alprin has been writing for several days. There are many more shoes to drop on the grand plantinir thing. They will come out. There's apple research he's seen that will come out. That's go to be quite exciting to talk about. So oh yeah, and one more thing.
Speaker 4: We didn't run the clip, but Graham Platner said the Washington or the Journal in the New York Times rand stories without any evidence. I mean this journalistic malpractice to which they're going to apply. Oh, you want to see the evidence?
Speaker 2: Way to dare this? It even't dare them to release the text? Well, that's awesome. Why is Mississippi and Texas beaten California a couple of their core issues? Bill Maher asked that question Friday night. It's pretty interesting. Stay here.
Speaker 8: We need democratic leaders in California who are willing to say no to their friends.
Speaker 2: M That would be the unions.
Speaker 8: The bureaucrats, the lawyers, the consultants, the regulators, and all the special interest friends who make living in this state such a frustrating, maddening experience. It's why the railroads don't get built, the potholes don't get filled, the homeless don't get housed, the kids don't learn.
Speaker 2: Wow, but he's an old man.
Speaker 1: Bill Maher's like pushing eighty years old, and he's you know, he built up this reputation where he got this show on HBO. Otherwise, where's the voice saying that when he's gone and will anything have changed by then?
Speaker 2: That's Bill Maher from his Friday night HBO show. You want to hear more of that rant? I do desperately?
Speaker 8: Did you know that a black fourth grader in Mississippi is two and a half times as likely to be proficient in math and reading as one in California. Mississippi is kicking our ass in education and for way less money. We're thirty seventh in fourth grade reading, they're ninth. Texas is kicking our ass in green energy. The average time to get solar panels connected there was three to four months, about a thousand days faster than it took me. Remember when I was trying to get my solar hooked up. It would have been quicker to build a windmill. Texas has passed California in solar and blows away California when it comes to wind and energy storage.
Speaker 2: How does a state with.
Speaker 8: No pro climate policies produce better climate results than a state where here, even though we have so much better stickers on our bumper pres world bumper stickers on our preus lease.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying about.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you why, because you're allowed to build there. Because every third person in Texas isn't someone whose job it is to make sure nothing gets done. Democrats, these are your issues, education, race, the environment. And I say this with love you're losing to the waffle house car on the lawn.
Speaker 2: States how that last phrase was somewhat disparaging. If colleges weren't all run by socialists, there should be a college class on that little rant they about why Mississippi can teach kids for less money in California can. And then the whole thing with the green energy in Texas, as he said, Texas doesn't even have any policies around green energy. We've got all these stickers on our.
Speaker 1: Priuses talking about how he cares so much about this, but we can't do it. They can.
Speaker 2: Then that's so maddening.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm always ranting about the unions that run California and the trial attorneys and a couple other groups, because they all do the same thing. They stand in the middle of the road and say, WHOA, you can't do that, you can't build that, you can't accomplish that unless you pay us off, and it makes it nearly impossible to do business or to build or produce or.
Speaker 2: Innovate, you know.
Speaker 4: And that bit about previous bumper stickers was brilliant too, because there's so much sloganeering and claiming virtue, but in terms of delivering on those promises.
Speaker 2: No, it's a miserable failure. So I am incredibly cynical. And that might just be something that happens as you get old, or at least it happens to some people, and it's happened to me. You tell me whether you think I'm right or not. I think it's more likely Texas becomes more like California than California becomes more like Texas over time, or more states become more like California than become like Texas.
Speaker 4: Uh. Yeah, I'm afraid you're right, just because of the it's so easy to sway the common man towards socialism because it sounds like a good deal. I'm going to get more and the damn rich people are going to give it to me.
Speaker 2: And the way bureaucracies work, and they're easy to grow. They're like weeds. They're easy to grow. They're almost impossible to get rid of. Yeah, and what has anybody ever gotten credit for that? Is it Buckley?
Speaker 4: Or who said that any organization that is not expressly conservative will become more progressive over time?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm very cynical about this. It's very disappointing, very disappointed.
Speaker 4: The sales pitch for leftism is so easy, and the dimmest wit can.
Speaker 2: Say, yeah, I want that.
Speaker 4: The sales pitch for conservatism takes a second, and it's so much better. But it takes a few seconds, and it takes a few brain sales to comprehend it.
Speaker 2: How much time will we got, Michael, Okay, I was gonna go on this little thing that annoyed me over the weekend. So my son, who's taking a public scho well, he's using the book that public schools use for history, eighth grade history learned about child labor exploitation in the early twentieth century in the United States. Okay, fine, you get to pitch it as the or we're gonna hide this bad part of our history. Here's the problem. I'll bet you again a shiny new Trump two hundred and fifty dollars bill that neither one of my kids in public school would ever get the spiel about how more people have been lifted out of poverty by the free market than any other economic system in the history of the world.
Speaker 1: I guarantee you they never get that spiel. I never got that spiel. I never got that spiel. In our day, it was just assumed.
Speaker 2: But anyway, well, as we've learned recently, you can't assume these things. You have to teach it over and over again. But you will get the child labor law. It had to come about because child labor was exploited in factories or whatever. Of course, you get the downside of the free market. Will anybody pitch the upside? No, they won't. And that sort of stuff makes me insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, And not only was child labor ubiquitous all over the world at the time, it's going on right now. If you hate, if you're really concerned about that, it's happening right now, and you're wearing the fruits of their labor on your feet.
Speaker 2: Promptly, no need to teach that tiny little portion of the history of capitol unless you're going you've spent all the time you need to spend on how great the free market is. Once you've gotten through.
Speaker 1: All that time, you still got time left, then you could get to the negative part.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, sure it ought to be.
Speaker 4: This is an incredible system where people exchange goods and services and lift everybody out of poverty. Here are some of the pitfalls to look out for. Though present it like that, I have no problem with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that ain't happening. If you missed the second, make the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty