Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod, which Teddy Mellencamp and camera Jeedge.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, we're here for another episode of to Teas in a Pod. We are recapping Traders Season three, episode four.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this was so good, so good.
Speaker 1: I was in bed watching it and at the end of this episode just screaming and clapping and oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: It was just I mean, it was such a good episode. But the fact that Gabby heard Danielle's voice behind the bookcase but didn't stick around to see, like who all the Traders were?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but didn't. With the angle of the camera, it looked like she saw her walk out.
Speaker 2: She did, and then she even later on in the episode when they're at breakfast, she tells people and then effortlessly she believed, like she doesn't trust her own instincts and goes along with like, oh, everybody was in the you know book case.
Speaker 1: Well, she was afraid that that could have been they could be Traders and they were gonna get rid of her, so she was trying to act stupid.
Speaker 2: I think no, I don't think I think she really I think she believed it. But then the second that the all of them were like, oh, yeah, we went in, We went in. Then she didn't try, like she didn't trust herself.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're so lucky they didn't get caught.
Speaker 2: I mean they did get caught, but I think.
Speaker 1: They they would have been a smarter move to keep the door open and just keep an eye out to see, you know, and just be looking like no big deal. Then to close yourself into this room and then you have to open it up, not knowing who the hell's on the other side of that wall. Yeah, and then that to me looks totally suspicious. But Dylan's saying something going in there after the door is open and saying something has changed.
Speaker 3: We are late, we are late, And I'm like, what is he talking about? What is he How did he even pick up on that?
Speaker 2: I mean, but after searching the room and coming so close to finding the murder list, Dylan thinks he was late, and he was right.
Speaker 3: He was late to what like late catching them in there or.
Speaker 2: No, like I think he knew, like he had that like feeling that there was something in that room, which there was the kill list, but he couldn't find it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, at that time, did they didn't know anything about the kill list. Did they know?
Speaker 2: But he he knew there was something, but he couldn't figure out what it was.
Speaker 1: Well, they all knew something was going on because it was kind of sparse everybody, there was no one to be found anywhere.
Speaker 2: But also like Gabby could have been a little bit more like Scooby Doo or like the second that one walked out, she like hid to the side.
Speaker 3: Like I would have done that. I would have been trying to listen.
Speaker 1: And that's why that's what I met when she she was like, I just want to go out here. I don't want them to, you know, have a target on me because I saw them walking out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Then Jeremy, Nikki, and Sierra have been shortlisted for murder and lay in their coffins. Jeremy suspects Danielle as the trader who wanted him murdered, but for his final words, he says he'll work with the traders if they keep him around. Sierra and Nick are determined to hunt down the Traders if they live, with Sierra cussing in her speech saying I'm a fucking faithful I will find you and fucking hunt you down.
Speaker 3: Why do you think they picked those three. They were so random.
Speaker 2: I feel like they picked them just to throw everybody off their scent. Except for Jeremy, I think was picked because you know clearly they.
Speaker 3: Didn't like him.
Speaker 1: But when I thought, oh my god, well now we're gonna know who the Faithfuls are because they were in that box, but I didn't think ten steps ahead, and like the other contestants thought like, oh my god, there had to have been a trader in that box, had to add of one of the three. There had to have been a trader, and there wasn't, which really Nicky.
Speaker 2: Was a strong one, so she would put herself in the box. Yeah, but like I'm not I I mean, granted, I know who the traders are, but like I don't get trader vibes from Nicki or Sierra or Jeremy, Like I didn't have that at all.
Speaker 1: Do you think that it would be a better show if they didn't show the traders faces and we don't know who the traders are and they like disguise their voice and keep their hoods on.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I feel like that would be too much. Like I mean, I think it would be good, but then like it's like you're less allowed to be involved. No, I mean, I'd like to guess, but I also I kind of like knowing. I do think they could bring in like new traders and maybe not tell us who the new traders are. So that way, there's a part of you that feels like you're in on the game, but the other part of you's guessing.
Speaker 1: But Derek thinking that Sierra is a trader because she cusses, I mean, that's how silly. The beginning of the show is. I really don't You're trying to find some reason. Oh my god, Teddy's eyebrow on the left is a little bit higher, so.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's the botox.
Speaker 3: You must be a trader. I'm just making that up, but it's such a reach.
Speaker 1: In the very beginning, it's funny to see like he's breathing heavy.
Speaker 2: But they're at breakfast, and then Gaby reveals her suspicions about Danielle. Robin decides to address everyone at and ask who was in the bookcase last night. I wish she wouldn't have done that. I know, doing really well at the beginning, and now I'm like, Robin, you're making all the wrong moves and your picker is so off.
Speaker 1: Her picker is so off. But you know, she's so outspoken. She's ballsy to bring up the the bookcase at breakfast. I mean she's to me, I keep going to say less, Robin, say less.
Speaker 3: You're saying too much.
Speaker 2: Because then this is where Gabby starts to not trust herself because Danielle admits she and Dylan were in there, because she did go back into the bookcase with Dylan, which he can obviously confirm, and Bob the drag Queen admits to being there too, and then Gabby's back to square one.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Bob's bad acting at breakfast.
Speaker 3: Oh yay, how many traders?
Speaker 1: I mean everything every saying and he's shaking and he's put in his cla I'm like, stop, you need to stop.
Speaker 2: Between Bob doing that and Danielle crying all the time and then Robin calling out the whole room thinking she's on Housewives and this is what's gonna.
Speaker 3: Worry But the things wrong, I know. But the thing is is.
Speaker 1: Like when you're a trader, you you have to overthink like what you're saying and doing, and you sometimes it's hard. It'd be hard to do that. I wouldn't want to be a trader. It'd be really difficult.
Speaker 2: Then Sierra and Nicky arrive at breakfast, which means Jeremy was murdered. Carolyn's crying and her confessional about being forced to murder Jeremy. She was crying with no tears, but she was crying. She was, And then Nicky remembers Jeremy accusing Danielle before he was murdered, So that's who she has her eye on. Do you think the Traders made the right murder? I mean, clearly not.
Speaker 3: With what's his name, Jeremy Jeremy. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's just too early in the game to really I don't know. He was a nothing burger for me, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's probably why he got murdered.
Speaker 3: And then he was also onto Danielle.
Speaker 1: So I mean, Danielle is obviously running this game, running the Traders for sure, and so if somebody's coming after her, she is going to get rid of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. After breakfast, everyone's speculating who the trader is. Many people suspect it's either Nikki or Sierra because the trader likely put themselves in the coffin. Dylan is still convinced that Bob the Drag Queen, but he can't go after him again. Then they get into the challenge for that day. The players have forty five minutes to reconstruct massive statues. Each finished statue is and added two thousand dollars into the prize. Plot is you can only get a shield if the head with your name is on the body. Watching Bob h struggle like really pulled at like my heart strings because you know, like how important fitness was in his life and what a big part it was. And then he said, you know, when he had his heart attack ten years ago, it like shook him to his core and you could see like the real like internal fight there, like I want to be able to do this so bad and this should be easy for me, and I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's very much what Eddie went through, as anybody that's an athlete and then has heart issues, you can't barely walk.
Speaker 3: Without being out of breath. Yeah, but it is really sad.
Speaker 2: Then Tom Bob Ah, Bob the Drag Queen, Rob, Dylan West, Brittany, Danielle, Chrischelle, and Dolores received shields, so they get the added twenty thousand to the pot. Bob the Drag Queen claims that the new guys didn't need a shield tonight because they all think one of them has to be trader.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm honestly surprised no one else mentioned this. There's a good chance that one of the later players is a trader.
Speaker 2: But do you think Bob the Drag Queen was intentionally trying to put the heat on Rob?
Speaker 3: I do, Yes, yeah he was.
Speaker 2: But I also was thinking if only Tom Sandoval went as far to like fix his reputation as he does to like, well, here's that damn statue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's the thing we talked about with Wells. Nobody suspects that Tom Sandoval is a trader. So he is getting off by a technicality because he's a trader in real life, so to be a trader on the show, They're like, eh, he's a nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna have to be stuck with him for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to be seeing him in his sweat for a while. Then Rob is pissed. Bob the Drag Queen put a target on his back, so now he needs to take action. Rob doesn't think he should call Bob out publicly because he doesn't want to lose the other trader's trust. So he's going to plant seeds. But then he ends up kind of doing both. He calls him out publicly and plant seeds. He pulls Dylan aside. But I just let we got to protect Dylan Efron at all costs.
Speaker 1: Like he is such a good good he's such a good player, he could possibly win.
Speaker 2: So I don't he's I don't know. I think he's so good they're going to get him out soon. But then we get to know.
Speaker 3: I think he's too smart. I think he's gonna last quite a while, if not all the way to the end.
Speaker 2: But Rob is good because he did a very good Then we get to the roundtable, and not only did he get a good job of like planning seeds everywhere, but his ability to make Bob the drag Queen lose his cool while staying staying cool is a culcumber. Like I was watching that, I was like, there is no way people aren't going to vote for Bob at this point.
Speaker 1: Well, I forgot that Rob was a trader because he came in you know hot, Well, he came in after like you know, after the round to traders were picked, so I didn't realize that he was, you know, a trader going after a trader.
Speaker 3: And then at the round table, like what happened there?
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, all the traders are going after Bob the Drag Queen.
Speaker 2: What about how Danielle was crying in her confessional like, Bob the Drag Queen is my ride or die. I will do anything for him. I would never vote him out. Then the second person we see put the name tag Bob the Drag Queen down Danielle.
Speaker 3: I think she knew.
Speaker 1: She knew if she voted for Not voting for him might even make her look suspicious because you know, so many people thought that it was him. Tom saund of all consistently being wrong never gets old. Well, and Rob, he really thinks he knows the game.
Speaker 3: And it's so funny. When we turned it on last night, Eddie goes that.
Speaker 2: Dude, she's on there, Oh my gosh. But I mean I didn't, I don't know. I don't think Sierra seems like a trader. I don't think Nicky seems like a trader, and so it's just kind of bananas to me. That people were so hesitant to go after Bob the Drag Queen because I think that was so obvious. But well, he was.
Speaker 3: He was the Phaedra.
Speaker 1: He's kind of over the top, he's talking, he's everybody's friend, and those are the type of.
Speaker 3: People that you really don't want to go after.
Speaker 1: Dolores as well, she's she's very you know, hugging everything.
Speaker 3: I loved everybody.
Speaker 2: I love her so much.
Speaker 3: We'll last long as well.
Speaker 2: But also I thought it was a little like I get that Bob the Drag Queen was annoyed that he's being called out, but I.
Speaker 3: Don't think he needed well, like why do you need to come after.
Speaker 1: Zach Ahak, I know, and Zach Effron's wiley at home watching his brother, going.
Speaker 3: Why am I on this? Leave me alone?
Speaker 2: But also Zach Efron is a good actor, Like if we're gonna we're gonna compare apples to apples.
Speaker 1: I think Zach was just kind of it was just kind of a low blow. But I think, you know, at that roundtable, he was so furious. He knew he was going home and he was so pissed off. Trying to is cool. And Dylan is the one that's really he knows what's going on on that show.
Speaker 2: And then where I think Bob the Drag Queen sealed his fate is when he was like, I swear to God, I know, and I was like, he's he's done. They're not. That is the Cardinal Housewife rule. If you swear in your kid's life or you swear to God.
Speaker 3: I don't Lovely talked about this before, but.
Speaker 1: My season, everybody was going froll ours at the roundtable and she said, guys, I swear to God on my children's life. And Alan came down and stopped the game and said, no, we are not doing this. Don't you ever do that again.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's never good when somebody says that, because it immediately makes you feel well.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that he didn't believe in God, so it was no big deal to him.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, oh my god, why is he doing that? Why is he saying But even if you.
Speaker 2: Believe in God or you don't, it is a thing when people say I swear to God, or I swear my children's lives or I swore like they're trying too hard to convince you. Even if they do believe in God, it's like, you now have made it such a dramatic like trying to be honest that I don't believe you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: I mean I've been mad before and gotten accused of something and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, I swear to God, I did not do that.
Speaker 1: You know, It's like it's just kind of like a go to But yeah, but then they, you know, we get through the voting, it's clear that that it's going to be.
Speaker 2: For a second, you're like, maybe it's gonna be Maybe, maybe it's gonna be Sierra. But then you know, Boston Rob just handled it like Boston Rob.
Speaker 3: He's so good. He reminds me of see what's the name ceg c T.
Speaker 1: You remind me a ct on the challenge on my season.
Speaker 3: He's from Boston as well. Really good.
Speaker 1: But all three traders voting for one of their own was just crazy to me. This is probably the first time it's happened.
Speaker 3: This early in the game.
Speaker 1: Normally they you know, in the past, they don't do it until later. I think Dan was the first one on Ours to Go and that was episode four or five.
Speaker 2: Yes, but this episode also left me thinking about what, like what did Brittany and Sam talk about headbands and like when was he like I should wear it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: And all that downtime, all the downtime that they have, Like it's crazy. It is crazy. I know, like Eddie would not do well because they literally go sit in that room and you can be in there for hours.
Speaker 2: And then we have Bob stands up and does his like final thing and admits to being a trader, and then you see it was.
Speaker 1: A good speech, and I like jumped up out of the bed and was like clapping, and everybody was so excited. It's the soonest they've gotten a trader off, I think, out.
Speaker 2: Of all the and it really shows how good Rob is at this game, how little they listened to Carolyn. But then in the coming up episode it looks like Danielle and Carolyn made team up to take Rob out of the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I did a few fan thoughts and we had a few fan thoughts on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Good move for the traders and murdered Jeremy. He was onto them.
Speaker 1: Has a trader ever called out another trader? Yes, they have, but it usually isn't.
Speaker 3: Until later in the game.
Speaker 1: Rob may have overplayed his hand Delores had a great episode.
Speaker 3: Bob the Dragon Queen did it to himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did, he did. He went too.
Speaker 3: Hard, but it was so good. I'm like it was.
Speaker 2: It was good episode. Really.
Speaker 1: There's so much talk about it not being able to beat last season, you know, because Phager was so amazing and so many amazing players, But I think it might. It might be right up there with with season two for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm loving it, so thanks for tuning in.